时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Somewhere under there is our thief. | 我们要找的小偷就在船上 |
[00:07] | – Where’s the page? – Your schedule is up here. | -那页日志在哪 -你的日程表就在这儿 |
[00:10] | You want to kill Hamund, then you have to kill them all. | 你要想杀哈蒙德 就得把他们全杀了 |
[00:13] | When you and Miss Guthrie were plotting this little coup, | 你和格斯里小姐密谋的时候 |
[00:16] | the two of you come up with some idea | 你俩想好等他回来以后 |
[00:17] | how to deal with the captain when he returns? | 要怎么跟他解释了吗 |
[00:19] | You don’t know where he’s gone, do you? | 你不知道他上哪去了 对吧 |
[00:21] | You could be strong again. | 你可以重新崛起 |
[00:23] | You could take this whole island from me. | 从我手中夺走整座岛 |
[00:25] | You know exactly what it is you need to do, | 你完全清楚自己需要做什么 |
[00:28] | where it is you need to go to do it. | 需要去哪才能达到目的 |
[00:31] | I certainly didn’t expect to find you down in the hold, | 真没想到会在底舱找到你 |
[00:33] | not after you betrayed Miss Guthrie on behalf of her father. | 你不是为了格斯里小姐的父亲背叛了她吗 |
[00:36] | Found in Bryson’s cabin. | 在布莱森的船舱里发现了这封信 |
[00:37] | It’s from the Barlow woman. | 是那个姓巴洛的女人写的 |
[00:38] | She wants a pardon for Flint in Boston. | 她想让法官在波士顿赦免弗林特 |
[00:40] | She says we’re going to kill him when we learn of his betrayal. | 她说要让我们知道他背叛了我们 我们会杀了他 |
[00:43] | The Scarborough! | 斯卡伯勒号 |
[00:44] | Man overboard! | 船员落水 |
[00:46] | – It’s Billy! He fell! – We can’t turn back. | -是比利 他落水了 -我们不能回去 |
[02:35] | Easter is upon us– | 复活节即将到来 |
[02:37] | an opportunity for renewal and rebirth… | 此时我们的心灵和肉体 |
[02:43] | both in spirit and the flesh. | 得以新生和复活 |
[02:46] | And yet we may also ask ourselves, | 但我们也应扪心自问 |
[02:49] | “when the spirit is renewed and the body resurrected, | 心灵新生 肉体复活之后 |
[02:52] | what becomes of the sin?” | 罪孽又将如何 |
[02:57] | Will not a trace of it linger | 不会有一丝罪孽 |
[02:59] | to mock and torment us, | 继续嘲弄折磨 |
[03:02] | to remind us of the roiling pit of despair | 并提醒我们 不思悔改之人 |
[03:05] | that awaits the unrepentant beyond this life? | 来世将永堕绝望深渊吗 |
[03:08] | And yet does it not often feel as if life itself is the pit? | 然而生活本身不就似那万丈深渊吗 |
[03:28] | Ma’am! | 太太 |
[03:30] | Captain Flint’s returned. | 弗林特船长回来了 |
[03:38] | Captain. | 船长 |
[03:41] | Captain. | 船长 |
[03:44] | Sorry, you were asking about the Scarborough? | 不好意思 你刚在问斯卡伯勒号的事吗 |
[03:47] | I was, specifically how the hell did she find you out there? | 是的 他们到底是怎么找到你们的 |
[03:49] | A trap laid by your father, | 是你父亲设的局 |
[03:52] | for which he will be answering as soon as I’m finished here. | 跟你交代完我就会去找他算账 |
[03:56] | He won’t be the only one, I assume. | 我看不止他一个 |
[03:59] | Your friend Mrs. Barlow understood she was responsible | 你的朋友巴洛太太明知 |
[04:02] | for keeping him under lock and key. | 她的责任是看管好他 |
[04:04] | You trusted her. | 你信任她 |
[04:06] | We trusted her and she betrayed us. | 我们都信任她 她却背叛了我们 |
[04:08] | Perhaps he managed to secrete a message past her men. | 也许他瞒着她的人把消息递了出去 |
[04:11] | That hardly rises to the level of betrayal. | 那可就称不上是背叛了 |
[04:16] | Captain, yesterday morning, my father walked into town, | 船长 昨天早上 我父亲走进镇里 |
[04:20] | stood out on the steps of the warehouse | 站在仓库的台阶上 |
[04:21] | and proclaimed to the world that the Guthries’ business | 向大家宣布格斯里在拿骚的生意 |
[04:23] | is finished here in Nassau. | 彻底结束了 |
[04:26] | What was the reaction? | 大家什么反应 |
[04:28] | The men elected representatives, | 他们选了几个代表 |
[04:30] | we agreed upon an agenda, | 我们商定了议程 |
[04:32] | and we spoke about the merits of mutual cooperation over tea. | 边喝茶边谈论了互助合作的优点 |
[04:37] | So it was bad? | 所以情况挺糟 |
[04:38] | Bad? It was fucking chaos. | 挺糟 他妈的简直是一片混乱 |
[04:42] | For about an hour, | 有那么一小时 |
[04:43] | I thought they had burned down all of Nassau. | 我以为他们要放火烧光整个拿骚 |
[04:45] | But it’s been handled. | 但现在都解决了 |
[04:47] | As of last night, I’ve instituted a new trading system | 就在昨晚 我制定了一套新的贸易制度 |
[04:50] | and the street has embraced it. | 街上的不满分子都接受了 |
[04:53] | A consortium with myself at its head, | 一个以我为首的联盟 |
[04:55] | Captains Naft and Lawrence as a means of shipping, | 纳夫特和劳伦斯船长负责船运 |
[04:58] | and Mr. Frasier as its corporate seal. | 弗雷泽先生提供合法的幌子 |
[05:03] | All this since yesterday? | 都是昨天发生的事吗 |
[05:07] | I will address the situation with Mrs. Barlow immediately. | 我会立刻跟巴洛太太谈谈这事的 |
[05:12] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[05:16] | Captain, one more thing. | 船长 还有一件事 |
[05:19] | The consortium wasn’t founded easily. | 这个联盟成立不易 |
[05:21] | It required the assistance of a few other parties. | 也多亏了别人的帮助 |
[05:23] | Among them indispensably was Mr. Silver. | 其中必不可少的就是西尔弗先生 |
[05:27] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[05:29] | I tell you this because I imagine | 我告诉你是因为 |
[05:30] | you might still hold some resentment toward him. | 你也许还对他怀恨在心 |
[05:33] | And I’ve given him my word in exchange for his assistance | 我向他保证不会让你伤害他 |
[05:35] | that I’ll stand between him and your resentment. | 以换取他的帮忙 |
[05:40] | In other words, | 也就是说 |
[05:42] | if Mr. Silver doesn’t return from the Urca, | 如果西尔弗先生在厄卡号事后没回来 |
[05:45] | you and I may find ourselves with problems of our own. | 那咱俩这梁子可就算结下了 |
[05:51] | What a day I missed. | 我真是错过了精彩的一天啊 |
[05:59] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[06:14] | The fuck, Jack? | 搞毛啊 杰克 |
[06:16] | It’s gone limp again. | 你又软了 |
[06:19] | Really? I hadn’t noticed. | 是吗 我都没注意到 |
[06:24] | Well, do you want something up your ass? | 你需要什么帮你硬起来吗 |
[06:27] | No. | 不 |
[06:28] | No, thank you. | 不用 谢了 |
[06:37] | What the fuck is your problem? | 你他妈有什么毛病 |
[06:40] | I’m terribly sorry if I’ve ruined your morning, | 非常抱歉我毁了你的早晨 |
[06:42] | but at the moment I happen to have quite a lot on my mind. | 但我现在碰巧有很多烦心事 |
[06:45] | Ship purloined, captain and crew a distant memory, | 船被人抢走了 海上生活成为了遥远的记忆 |
[06:48] | no prospects at all, | 前途一片渺茫 |
[06:50] | except for this shithole of a brothel, | 只剩下这个破妓院 |
[06:52] | which by some miracle of | 但出于某种经济奇迹 |
[06:53] | economics seems incapable of turning a profit. | 这鬼地方好像还赚不到钱 |
[06:57] | How can you run a brothel here and not make money? | 你怎么在这开妓院还不赚钱的 |
[06:59] | I have no fucking idea! | 我他妈怎么知道 |
[07:02] | Ain’t you always the one | 你不是 |
[07:02] | telling everyone how fucking clever you are? | 总跟人说自己有多聪明吗 |
[07:09] | Figure it out. | 琢磨清楚 |
[07:12] | Don’t you dare leave me here. | 别把我留在这儿啊 |
[07:14] | Don’t you– – | 别啊… |
[07:30] | Alice made you her porridge. | 爱丽丝给你煮了粥 |
[07:34] | Thicker than snot, but it’ll help you get your strength back. | 比鼻涕还稠 但能让你恢复体力 |
[07:41] | A couple of us are wondering what you plan to do now. | 我们有些人很好奇你现在准备怎么办 |
[07:44] | Why would anyone care what I do? | 何必在意我准备怎么办 |
[07:46] | Darling, you’re all anyone’s talking about out there. | 亲爱的 大家都在谈论你呢 |
[07:49] | All of us wondering what kind of voodoo you used | 我们都很好奇你用了什么巫术 |
[07:51] | to get eight of Vane’s crew to just… | 让八名韦恩的船员 |
[07:54] | up and disappear. | 突然就消失了 |
[07:56] | Haven’t you heard? | 你没听说吗 |
[07:58] | They left for Port Royal. | 他们去皇家港口了 |
[08:00] | Hmm, and I’m Henry fuckin’ Avery. | 我他妈还是亨利·埃弗里[著名海盗]呢 |
[08:06] | If you’ve got any thought of working here again, | 如果你想重新在这儿开工 |
[08:07] | – I wouldn’t wait too long. – What do you mean? | -那就趁早 -什么意思 |
[08:10] | Mr. Rackham’s got no idea how to run this place. | 拉克姆先生根本不知道怎么经营这地方 |
[08:12] | We’ve all got a hand in his pocket. | 我们都在从他兜里掏钱 |
[08:14] | Mapleton would tell him, | 梅普尔顿想告诉他的 |
[08:15] | but she’s too busy stealing for herself. | 但她正忙着偷自己那份呢 |
[08:18] | Idelle! Downstairs. Customer. | 伊黛尔 快下楼 客人来了 |
[08:21] | All I’m saying is get in while the getting’s good. | 只想告诉你 趁机会不错赶紧分一杯羹 |
[08:33] | Jesus! The fuck did they do to you? | 天哪 他们都他妈对你做了什么 |
[08:36] | Postelection initiation, I’m told. | 他们说这叫选后启蒙 |
[08:38] | All done in good fun. | 就是图个开心 |
[08:41] | At least… | 至少 |
[08:41] | I think it was all done in good fun. | 我是觉得他们就是图个开心 |
[08:44] | – Congratulations, Mr. Quartermaster. – Thank you. | -恭喜你 舵手先生 -谢谢 |
[08:48] | Unfortunate, to say the least, | 不夸张地说 很不幸 |
[08:49] | that we find ourselves in the need of one. | 我们会需要一名新舵手 |
[08:51] | Yes, very. | 是很不幸 |
[08:53] | But I’m humbled by the crew’s faith in me. | 船员们对我的信任让我受宠若惊 |
[08:57] | Well, if Billy were here, | 如果比利还在 |
[08:59] | I’m sure he would agree with me | 他也一定很赞同 |
[09:00] | when I say that the crew chose well. | 我认为船员们的选择很妥当 |
[09:03] | Well, much to do. | 失陪了 |
[09:09] | Mr. Dufresne, quartermaster. | 迪弗雷纳先生成为了舵手 |
[09:12] | Who would’ve seen that coming? | 谁能料想到呢 |
[09:14] | – I think he’s up to it. – I’m sure he is. | -我认为他能胜任 -他一定能 |
[09:16] | I just wouldn’t have thought | 我只是没想到 |
[09:16] | the crew capable of coming to that conclusion. | 船员能作出这种决定 |
[09:19] | Well, chew a man’s throat out, it tends to make an impression. | 咬断一个人的喉咙往往让人印象深刻 |
[09:25] | You’ll be heading to see her now, then? | 你现在是要去见她了吗 |
[09:31] | Mrs. Barlow. | 巴洛太太 |
[09:32] | You said you’d be holding her to account. | 你说会要她负责的 |
[09:34] | I assumed you’d not want to wait. | 你应该想早点解决这事吧 |
[09:38] | I’ll be back before dark. | 我天黑前就回来 |
[09:41] | We’ll continue preparations for our departure then. | 到时再继续为起航做准备 |
[09:54] | Just one more thing, Captain, | 在你去见巴洛太太之前 |
[09:55] | before you leave to see Mrs. Barlow. | 还有一件事 船长 |
[09:58] | I think you and I need to discuss the letter that Billy found… | 咱俩得谈谈比利找到的那封信 |
[10:03] | and why exactly it is that she believes | 以及为什么她深信 |
[10:05] | you’re gonna betray your crew. | 你会背叛船员 |
[10:16] | Hey, get back. | 回来 |
[10:17] | Jesus, Randall. | 天哪 兰德尔 |
[10:21] | Mate. | 伙计 |
[10:25] | Randall would like a word with you. | 兰德尔想跟谈谈 |
[10:28] | – Council just voted. He’s out. – Out? | -船务会刚投票要他下船 -下船 |
[10:31] | I suppose it’s my fault. | 这得怪我 |
[10:33] | I raised the concern about the fire hazard | 是我对独腿厨子可能在 |
[10:35] | a one-legged man in the galley might present. | 船上的厨房里引发火灾提出了担忧 |
[10:38] | And like most things before the council, | 正如多数摆在船务会面前的问题一样 |
[10:40] | it spun out of control. | 这事一发不可收拾了 |
[10:42] | What’s that got to do with me? | 那跟我有什么关系 |
[10:45] | He’s got a raw deal, Mr. Silver. | 他受到了不公平的待遇 西尔弗先生 |
[10:47] | The least we can do is let him say his piece. | 我们至少得让他畅所欲言吧 |
[10:54] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[10:55] | It’s not fair. I can cook. | 这不公平 我会做饭 |
[10:59] | Yes, I think you might have mentioned that. | 是啊 你好像说过 |
[11:02] | You know, it’s been my experience | 以我的经验 |
[11:05] | setbacks such as these, they often go hand in hand | 像这样的挫折 通常都伴随着 |
[11:09] | with new and unexpected opportunities. | 全新而意外的机遇 |
[11:12] | He’s a thief. | 他是个窃贼 |
[11:17] | What are you talking about, Randall? | 你在说什么 兰德尔 |
[11:20] | He thought I was asleep at Miss Guthrie’s tavern. | 在格斯里小姐的酒馆时 他以为我睡着了 |
[11:24] | I heard him talking. | 我听到他说 |
[11:26] | Wasn’t Singleton stole the page, it was him. | 偷走那页日志的不是辛格尔顿 是他 |
[11:33] | I don’t know what he’s talking about. | 我不知道他在说什么 |
[11:37] | Randall, are you being truthful? | 兰德尔 你说的是实话吗 |
[11:41] | He said he has the schedule in his head, | 他说他把日程表都记住了 |
[11:43] | that he learned it to stop Flint from murdering him. | 这样弗林特就杀不了他 |
[11:47] | All due respect, but he spent the last two days | 恕我直言 他这两天都在 |
[11:49] | beneath a rather heavy cloud of opiates. | 服用大量的鸦片剂 |
[11:52] | – He doesn’t know what he heard. – Get the quartermaster in here. | -他不清楚自己听到了什么 -去叫舵手过来 |
[11:57] | Right now. | 赶快 |
[12:05] | Bear with me. | 等等 |
[12:07] | One minute, please. | 再等一下 |
[12:11] | Uh, apologies. | 很抱歉 |
[12:13] | Give me it. | 快给我 |
[12:21] | Here it is. | 找到了 |
[12:25] | It is with great pleasure that we shall now commence | 很高兴我们将开始 |
[12:27] | our inaugural meeting of the Guthrie Frasier Naft Lawrence Consortium | 格斯里·弗雷泽·纳夫特·劳伦斯西印度群岛 |
[12:31] | for the Purposes of Shipping and Trade | 精益求精船运贸易联盟的 |
[12:33] | in the West Indies, Excelsior. | 创立大会 |
[12:41] | Reginald, add to the agenda discussion of a shorter name. | 雷金纳德 把想个短点的名字加进议程里 |
[12:45] | Jesus. | 要命 |
[12:47] | First item of business… | 第一件事 |
[12:51] | our maiden voyage. | 我们的首航 |
[12:52] | Captain Lawrence, | 劳伦斯船长 |
[12:54] | the status of the Black Hind, please. | 来说说黑鹿号的情况 |
[13:00] | We’ve begun alterations to expand our holds. | 为了扩大船舱 已经开始对船进行改装 |
[13:04] | – But as I predicted… – Ma’am. | -但正如我预料的 -小姐 |
[13:06] | A good number of the crew have defected | 很多船员在听说了这次新任务之后 |
[13:07] | upon learning of their new vocation. | 就叛逃了 |
[13:12] | Any suggestions for a new source of labor | 目前急需针对新的劳动力来源的 |
[13:15] | would certainly be welcomed. | 相关建议 |
[13:16] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[13:17] | I told him to get the fuck out, but he wouldn’t go. | 我让他滚出去 可他就是不走 |
[13:20] | He who? | 谁 |
[13:38] | Quite the story I heard out there | 我从海象号的船员们那里 |
[13:39] | from the Walrus’ men. | 听到了那个了不起的事迹 |
[13:43] | They say you rallied the slaves | 他们说你集结了安德洛玛刻号 |
[13:44] | in the Andromache’s hold, | 船舱里的奴隶 |
[13:46] | single-handedly turned the tides against Bryson. | 凭一己之力就扭转局势 令布莱森失利 |
[13:52] | Imagine what they’d say if they knew that you’re the reason | 想象一下 如果他们知道是因为你 |
[13:54] | that they had to chase that ship in the first place. | 他们才去追那艘船的话会作何反应 |
[13:55] | – I would like the chance to explain myself. – I’m listening. | -我希望有个机会解释一下 -我听着呢 |
[14:02] | What I did, I did out of love. | 我所做的一切都是出于爱 |
[14:07] | And with every intention of | 因为想要和你 |
[14:08] | staying here with you to help you find a safer, | 留在这里 帮你找到一个你应有的 |
[14:10] | more settled life, a life you deserve. | 更有保障 更加安定的生活 |
[14:15] | It was not a betrayal. | 这不是背叛 |
[14:18] | – It was– – It was not your decision to make. | -这是 -这不是你能决定的事 |
[14:21] | My life is my own. | 我的生活是我自己的 |
[14:23] | It’s not Benjamin Hornigold’s, it’s not Charles Vane’s, | 不是本杰明·霍尼戈德的 不是查尔斯·韦恩的 |
[14:26] | it’s not my father’s and it’s not yours. | 不是我父亲的 也不是你的 |
[14:29] | Do you understand? | 你听清楚了吗 |
[14:32] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说的没错 对不起 |
[14:36] | And what? | 怎么 |
[14:38] | Now you think you can just waltz back in here | 现在你以为可以当什么事都没发生 |
[14:40] | and pick up from where we left off like nothing happened? | 就这么回来 继续以前的生活 |
[14:46] | Where else would I go? | 我还能去哪 |
[14:49] | I belong to you. | 我是你的人 |
[14:52] | Chattel property of the Guthrie estate. | 是格斯里家的奴隶 |
[15:00] | You– You know I’ve never seen you that way. | 你知道我从未把你当奴隶看 |
[15:05] | Eleanor, I must ask a favor of you. | 埃莉诺 我要求你帮个忙 |
[15:33] | He’s waiting. | 他在等你 |
[16:34] | Sit. | 坐 |
[16:44] | You wish to do business? | 你想跟我做交易 |
[16:49] | There’s a place… | 有个地方… |
[16:53] | there’s a place not far from here. | 有个地方离这里不远 |
[16:55] | A place fueled by plunder. | 以劫掠为生 |
[16:58] | A place of great wealth | 那里有巨大财富 |
[17:00] | run by its crews and flying no flag. | 大家一起管理 不受政府管辖 |
[17:03] | I know of Nassau. | 我听说过拿骚 |
[17:06] | What of it? | 怎么了 |
[17:09] | She’s weak, | 它很羸弱 |
[17:11] | so she’s ripe for the taking. | 所以现在是拿下它的大好时机 |
[17:14] | A man with enough strength could get his hands | 一个拥有强大兵力的男人 |
[17:16] | wrapped around her throat in a matter of hours, | 可以在几个小时之内就攻下它 |
[17:19] | control the flow of trade, get rich. | 掌控贸易 变得富有 |
[17:25] | My men are rich. | 我的人都很富有 |
[17:27] | Wood sells well and we don’t rely on the mercy of the sea. | 木材生意很好 我们不用受大海的摆布 |
[17:33] | No man is rich who could have a lot more by doing less. | 放着轻松赚大钱生意不做的人可不富有 |
[17:42] | When you sailed as captain of these men, | 当年你做他们船长的时候 |
[17:44] | they sacked Campeche for you. | 他们帮你洗劫了坎佩切[墨西哥] |
[17:46] | They sacked Cartagena for you. | 洗劫了卡塔赫纳[哥伦比亚] |
[17:49] | Give me a dozen of them | 给我拨十二个人 |
[17:51] | and I will bring Nassau in line. | 我就能把拿骚收入囊中 |
[17:56] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[18:02] | Charles Vane. | 查尔斯·韦恩 |
[18:06] | I know that name. | 我知道这个名字 |
[18:11] | These are my men. | 他们是我的人 |
[18:12] | Why would I let any of them call you captain? | 我为什么要让他们喊你船长 |
[18:16] | Each man gets a share, | 每个人都有分成 |
[18:18] | plus one share to you in tribute for every six men. | 再加上每六个人就给你一份好处作为报酬 |
[18:22] | That’s a sizeable piece of a fucking fortune. | 这可是一笔很大的财富 |
[18:25] | And all you need do is give them your leave. | 你只要松口让他们跟我走就行 |
[18:34] | How did you know to seek me out? | 你是怎么知道来找我的 |
[18:39] | Is my name spoken as far as Nassau? | 是我跟拿骚一样声名远播了 |
[18:44] | Is there someone there that connects us? | 是你我在那有共同的熟人 |
[18:50] | Or is it something else? | 还是别的什么原因 |
[18:55] | The fuck do you care? | 你他妈在意这个做什么 |
[19:01] | Do we have a deal or don’t we? | 到底答不答应 |
[19:09] | Three men. | 三个人 |
[19:13] | My tribute– a share for every three men. | 我的报酬 每三个人就给我一份 |
[19:18] | Four shares in all. | 总共四份 |
[19:22] | Yes or no? | 答不答应 |
[19:27] | You’re not answering the question. | 你没有回答我的问题 |
[19:29] | I’m trying to answer the question. | 我正在尽力回答 |
[19:32] | So you’re saying she’s lying? | 你是说她在说谎 |
[19:34] | That the letter is just a fiction? | 那封信是虚构的 |
[19:35] | I’m saying that my relationship with her is a complex one… | 我是说我跟她的关系非常复杂 |
[19:40] | that it’s hard for me to understand at times. | 有时候我也搞不明白 |
[19:43] | But what is clear is that | 但明确的是 |
[19:44] | she desperately wants to leave this place | 她非常想离开这个地方 |
[19:46] | and will say anything in order to make me go with her. | 为了让我跟她一起走 她什么都愿意说 |
[19:49] | Oh, for fuck’s sake, enough. | 他妈的 够了 |
[19:53] | This is what we do. | 我们一直都在这么做 |
[19:55] | You orate and you dissemble, and I look the other way, | 你高谈阔论 遮遮掩掩 我就假装不知道 |
[19:59] | convince myself that supporting you | 说服自己支持你 |
[20:01] | is in everybody’s interests. | 是为了大家好 |
[20:04] | But not today. | 但今天我不会了 |
[20:07] | Not after what happened last night. | 在昨晚发生了那件事以后 |
[20:08] | After what happened last night? | 昨晚发生了哪件事以后 |
[20:10] | What happened to Billy, Captain? | 比利的事 船长 |
[20:15] | He fell. | 他掉下去了 |
[20:17] | Why? What are you saying happened? | 怎么了 你说发生了什么事 |
[20:21] | He thought you saw us all as expendable. | 他觉得我们在你眼里是可以任意丢弃的 |
[20:23] | Expendable? | 任意丢弃 |
[20:24] | Pawns to be used for your own ends. | 我们只是你为达目的而留下的棋子 |
[20:26] | I have fought and bled alongside my men. | 我一直和我的手下并肩作战 |
[20:30] | I have sacrificed more than | 为了他们的将来 |
[20:32] | you could possibly know for their futures. | 我作出的牺牲比你知道的多得多 |
[20:35] | I know what happened on the Maria Aleyne. | 我知道玛利亚·艾琳号上发生了什么 |
[20:39] | You told me the man you killed | 你跟我说你杀掉的那个人 |
[20:40] | was reaching for a weapon. | 当时正伸手去拿武器 |
[20:43] | You told me it was self-defense, | 你跟我说那是自卫 |
[20:44] | but there were no weapons in that cabin. | 但那个船舱里根本没有什么武器 |
[20:48] | I went and I looked. | 我去看过了 |
[20:51] | And I still kept my mouth shut. | 却一直没有说出来 |
[20:55] | I don’t know why, | 我不知道为什么 |
[20:57] | but I know you used the crew to assassinate those people. | 但我知道你利用了那些船员去刺杀那些人 |
[21:01] | Men died that day. | 那天有人死了 |
[21:04] | Our men. | 我们的人 |
[21:05] | And I suspect there’s been other times | 我想肯定还有其它时候 |
[21:07] | when we’ve been expendable to you. | 你把我们当做任意丢弃的棋子 |
[21:09] | And if yesterday was one of those days, | 如果昨天也是其中之一的话 |
[21:12] | then you and I have a problem, | 那我跟你没完 |
[21:15] | because Billy wasn’t expendable to me. | 因为比利对我来说不是可以任意丢弃的 |
[21:23] | He was a son to me. | 他就像是我儿子 |
[21:28] | Then perhaps you should have acted | 那么或许对他 你应该做一个 |
[21:29] | like a better father towards him. | 更称职的父亲 |
[21:32] | What the fuck did you just say? | 你他娘的说什么 |
[21:34] | You let his suspicions run rampant. | 是你让他的怀疑一发不可收拾 |
[21:37] | You let his paranoia fester to the point at which | 是你让他的多疑不断加深 以至于 |
[21:39] | when he should have been focused on the Scarborough’s guns, | 当他该专注于斯卡伯勒号的枪林弹雨的时候 |
[21:43] | he was focused on hurling unfounded accusations at me. | 他却只想着对我发出毫无事实根据的指控 |
[21:47] | So I’m to blame for what happened to Billy? | 所以比利的事还得怪我啰 |
[21:49] | Perhaps if you had intervened | 如果在他第一次来找你 |
[21:50] | when he first came to you with these fantasies, | 说这些怪念头时 你制止了的话 |
[21:53] | perhaps if you helped him understand | 如果你帮他弄明白 |
[21:55] | the world in which he lived… | 他所生活的这个世界的话 |
[21:59] | he’d still be here right now. | 他现在还活得好好的 |
[22:08] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[22:12] | I’m tired of this. | 我厌倦了 |
[22:16] | I’m tired of the energy it takes to believe you. | 厌倦了花那么大力气来相信你的话 |
[22:21] | To believe in you. | 相信你的为人 |
[22:27] | I’m taking this to the crew. You’re their problem now. | 我要把这一切告诉船员们 让他们来决定 |
[22:32] | I’m taking it. | 我会说的 |
[22:38] | After the Urca has been secured | 在厄卡号被攻下之后 |
[22:41] | and the money warehoused before distribution… | 钱在存放好后分出去之前 |
[22:46] | I intend to sequester a portion of it. | 我打算扣下一部分 |
[22:50] | – Sequester? – A portion of it. | -扣下 -一部分 |
[22:55] | Every man on that crew will still be richer | 每个船员都会变得比他们 |
[22:56] | than their wildest dreams. | 想像的还要富有 |
[22:59] | But you know as well as I do | 但你我都清楚 |
[23:01] | that no matter how much money they’re given, | 无论给他们多少钱 |
[23:03] | they will drink, whore and piss it away. | 他们都会用来花天酒地 挥霍一空 |
[23:06] | Now, they have a chance at something better than that, | 现在他们有机会过上比那更好的生活 |
[23:08] | but it isn’t gonna happen unless somebody makes it happen. | 但如果没有人领导他们 这一切都不可能 |
[23:11] | You’re lying to them. | 你在骗他们 |
[23:12] | And if I don’t, who will? | 除了我还有谁会这么干 |
[23:15] | Everyone’s lied to for their own good– | 骗他们是为了他们好 |
[23:19] | every mother who tells their child | 所有母亲都会告诉她们的孩子 |
[23:20] | that everything will be all right, | 一切都会好起来的 |
[23:23] | every soldier who’s told by his commander | 所有士兵都会听到指挥官说 |
[23:25] | that courage will see them through, | 勇气会带领他们坚持到最后 |
[23:26] | every subject who’s told by– | 所有国民都会听见 |
[23:28] | His king? | 国王说 |
[23:33] | Is that what you are to us now? | 你现在是我们的国王吗 |
[23:36] | A sovereign levying a tax? | 一个征税的国王 |
[23:42] | If no one knows, everyone wins. | 如果只有你知我知 大家都受益 |
[23:45] | – Don’t play games with me. – I’m quite serious. | -别跟我耍心眼 -我很严肃 |
[23:49] | Who loses? | 有谁会损失 |
[23:50] | Absent their worst instincts, | 没有劣根性 |
[23:52] | their pride, their greed, their suspicion, | 没有骄傲 没有贪婪 没有怀疑 |
[23:54] | in the light of pure reason, | 只为了一个纯粹的理由 |
[23:58] | who says no to this? | 谁会拒绝 |
[24:01] | They’ll be rich men in a safe place | 他们会在一个安全的地方成为有钱人 |
[24:03] | rather than dead thieves on a long rope. | 而不是成为被绞死的贼 |
[24:10] | I’m gonna deliver them, Hal. | 我会帮助他们 哈尔 |
[24:13] | I’m gonna deliver them into something better. | 我会帮他们走向更好的未来 |
[24:21] | I will sail with you tomorrow to take this prize. | 明天我会跟你一起出海 拿下这个战利品 |
[24:26] | I’ll follow your lead in battle. | 在战斗中听从你的指挥 |
[24:28] | And I’ll take your orders as consort. | 作为伙伴接受你的差遣 |
[24:32] | But when it’s done, | 但等到结束了 |
[24:34] | you and I will quietly go our separate ways. | 我们俩就低调地分道扬镳 |
[24:38] | And I’ll thank you not to protest. | 若你不反对我会很感激你 |
[24:56] | No one else knows about this? | 没别人知道这事了 |
[24:59] | Look, as far as I can tell, it’s just the three of us. | 据我所知 就只有我们三个人知道 |
[25:01] | Then again, this is Randall we’re talking about. | 但我们说的可是兰德尔 |
[25:03] | If he had told anyone else, we’d have heard. | 如果他告诉了别人 我们早该听到风声 |
[25:07] | Does it make any sense to you? | 你觉得这事听着靠谱吗 |
[25:09] | Well, Flint finding that page on Singleton | 现在想来 弗林特在辛格尔顿身上找到那一页 |
[25:12] | does seem awfully convenient in hindsight. | 也未免太容易 |
[25:16] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[25:19] | A fine mess here, Randall. | 真是一团糟 兰德尔 |
[25:21] | You’re a thief. | 你是小偷 |
[25:23] | Quite sure you’re wrong. | 你肯定错了 |
[25:25] | But the good news is it’s not too late to repair the damage. | 不过好在现在弥补还来得及 |
[25:28] | I know what I heard. | 我知道自己听到了什么 |
[25:30] | Randall, you were doped. | 兰德尔 你鸦片用多了 |
[25:31] | You have no idea what you heard. | 你不知道自己听到了什么 |
[25:39] | Say you’re successful in convincing our friends out there | 就算你成功说服了我们的朋友 |
[25:41] | to believe your story. | 相信你的故事 |
[25:44] | I’m not sure you’ve given | 你有没有 |
[25:45] | proper consideration to what happens next. | 好好考虑过之后的事 |
[25:48] | Do you think they’d just haul me up in front of the crew, | 你觉得他们会把我拖到船员面前 |
[25:51] | air your story, and that’s the end of it? | 说出你的故事 然后就完事了 |
[25:54] | No, Randall. | 不 兰德尔 |
[25:56] | I think you’ve forgotten one very important detail. | 你忘了一个非常重要的细节 |
[25:59] | The money. | 钱 |
[26:01] | That has to be considered, does it not? | 肯定要考虑这一点 对吧 |
[26:04] | If we go tell the crew now, there’s a very good chance | 如果我们现在告诉船员 |
[26:06] | they simply hang the cook right along with the captain. | 他们很有可能会把厨子跟船长一起吊死 |
[26:10] | If Randall’s right, | 如果兰德尔说得没错 |
[26:11] | that would be the end of the Urca hunt. | 那么捕猎厄卡号的事就这么泡汤了 |
[26:14] | Are you suggesting we keep this secret? | 你的意思是 我们保守秘密 |
[26:17] | Lie to the crew? Right along with Flint? | 对船员撒谎 支持弗林特吗 |
[26:20] | He’s suggesting that acting hastily | 他的意思是 鲁莽行事 |
[26:22] | could come with a very hefty price. | 可能要付出很大的代价 |
[26:25] | Even if I was convinced, there’s still Randall to contend with. | 就算你说服了我 也还要对付兰德尔 |
[26:31] | Are you suggesting there’s some way to guarantee his silence? | 你有办法让他保持沉默吗 |
[26:35] | I can think of one way. | 我知道一个办法 |
[26:39] | – They wouldn’t. – Wouldn’t they? | -他们不会的 -不会吗 |
[26:41] | A one-legged halfwit versus a chance at a fortune? | 一个独腿傻子跟一个发财的机会相比 |
[26:45] | The odds are decidedly not in your favor. | 我看你的赢面可不大 |
[26:48] | Well, you were confused or delirious. | 你当时困惑糊涂 或是精神错乱 |
[26:52] | Take your pick, but tell them now. | 随你怎么说 但是赶紧告诉他们 |
[26:55] | Then even if they wanted to go to the crew, | 这样就算他们想去告诉船员 |
[26:56] | they’d have lost their chief witness. | 也失去了主要的目击证人 |
[26:59] | And no one has to die. | 那大家就都相安无事了 |
[27:06] | – You’re a thief. – I’m a thief. Right. | -你是个窃贼 -我是个窃贼 没错 |
[27:09] | Well, good luck, Randall. | 祝你好运吧 兰德尔 |
[27:13] | It was nice knowing you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[27:16] | For as long as you sail with him, | 只要你们跟他一起出海 |
[27:19] | his orders are my orders. | 那他的命令就是我的命令 |
[27:22] | And when your work is done, this place will have you back. | 等你们完成任务 就要回到这里 |
[27:27] | They’ll serve you well. | 他们会好好为你服务的 |
[27:40] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[27:59] | You were one of ours. | 你曾是我们中的一员 |
[28:03] | You were just a boy yourself. | 那时你也只是个孩子 |
[28:12] | Could not have been easy coming back here. | 回到这里一定很不容易吧 |
[28:16] | Must have taken great strength. | 你一定鼓足了勇气 |
[28:19] | Go on. | 走吧 |
[28:22] | Take these men. | 带着这些人 |
[28:25] | Make me rich. | 为我带来财富 |
[28:46] | You don’t know me, but you once did… | 你们不认识我了 但你们曾经认识 |
[28:51] | when I was the lowest among you. | 那时我是你们当中地位最低下的 |
[28:56] | Now I’ve returned. | 现在我回来了 |
[28:59] | And I offer you a chance to be free of this place. | 还要给你们一个离开这里的机会 |
[29:04] | I’m Charles Vane. | 我是查尔斯·韦恩 |
[29:09] | And you were a strong crew once, | 而你们曾是勇猛的船员 |
[29:12] | proper pirates. | 优秀的海盗 |
[29:14] | Feared, as you should have been, | 你们曾令人闻风丧胆 |
[29:16] | before he dragged you away from the sea, | 在他把你们拖上岸之前 |
[29:19] | before he convinced you to live here like animals. | 在他让你们像动物一样生活在这里之前 |
[29:23] | Because it suits his weaknesses. | 因为这符合他的软弱性格 |
[29:26] | There is a place not far from here | 离这里不远处有一个地方 |
[29:28] | where strong men live lives of pleasure, not labor, | 在那里强壮的男人活得潇洒 而非劳累 |
[29:33] | a place where you could be feared and respected once again. | 在那里 你们将再次获得敬畏与尊重 |
[29:38] | Follow me, and I will show you what life is. | 追随我 我会让你们知道什么叫生活 |
[30:12] | Are you done? Are you done? | 你打够了没有 |
[30:56] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[31:15] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[31:17] | I need a word with Mr. Silver alone. | 我要单独跟西尔弗先生谈谈 |
[31:27] | What’s so funny? | 什么事这么好笑 |
[31:29] | Just that I warned Randall something like this was coming. | 就是我警告了兰德尔会发生这样的事 |
[31:31] | I wouldn’t be so sure about that. | 换做我是你 可不会这么笃定 |
[31:33] | Mr. De Groot’s inclined to hand you over to the crew. | 德·格鲁特先生想把你交给船员 |
[31:37] | He’s given me exactly five minutes, | 他给我五分钟时间 |
[31:39] | at which point he intends | 然后他就打算 |
[31:40] | to call council so Randall can share his story, | 召集会议 让兰德尔说说他的故事 |
[31:42] | after which our hands are clean | 到时候我们不用脏了自己的手 |
[31:45] | and you are most likely, well, dead. | 而你基本上是 死定了 |
[31:53] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[31:54] | A page from one of Dr. Howell’s manuals | 豪厄尔医生手册上的一页 |
[31:56] | and your last chance at living to see the sun rise again. | 也是你活着看到明天日出的最后机会 |
[32:01] | You have exactly five minutes to commit it to memory, | 你有五分钟时间把它背下来 |
[32:04] | after which you will reproduce this page | 然后你就要尽你所能把上面的内容 |
[32:06] | to the best of your ability. | 重新写出来 |
[32:07] | If you can do so to Mr. De Groot’s satisfaction, | 如果你能让德·格鲁特先生满意 |
[32:09] | then maybe– just maybe he can be convinced | 那么也许 只是也许 他会愿意 |
[32:13] | to keep your secret for the sake of the Urca haul. | 为了厄卡号而保守你的秘密 |
[32:16] | – It’s a test? – Exactly. | -这算是测试吗 -没错 |
[32:18] | – It’s a terrible test. – Believe me, I’m aware. | -这测试烂透了 -相信我 我知道 |
[32:22] | If I was the thief, which I am by no means admitting, | 如果我是那个贼 我并不是在承认我就是 |
[32:25] | I could have read that schedule a hundred times over | 我可能在被迫毁掉航行日志之前 |
[32:27] | before I was forced to destroy it. | 就已经看过上百遍了 |
[32:29] | Whether or not I can memorize this page in five minutes | 我是否能在五分钟之内记住这页纸的内容 |
[32:31] | proves nothing. | 不足以证明任何事 |
[32:33] | Mr. De Groot doesn’t believe that he can trust | 德·格鲁特先生认为无法相信 |
[32:35] | the information inside your head, | 你脑中的信息 |
[32:37] | certainly not enough to risk his own life, | 肯定不足以让他为此冒生命危险 |
[32:39] | not to mention committing poor Randall to an early grave. | 更别提把可怜的兰德尔早早送进坟墓 |
[32:43] | He says if he’s to go down that road, he needs certainty. | 他说如果要那么做 他需要确凿证据 |
[32:48] | It’s the best I could do. | 我已经尽力了 |
[32:51] | Four minutes. | 还有四分钟 |
[33:03] | Wait. | 等等 |
[33:08] | Compliments of the new consortium. | 新联盟的问候 |
[33:12] | A dead cargo is a worthless cargo. | 死掉的货物一文不值 |
[33:18] | Did you ask her? | 你问她了吗 |
[33:20] | I implored Miss Guthrie to facilitate your release. | 我恳求格斯里小姐帮忙放了你 |
[33:23] | I told her she would not have her guns | 我告诉她如果不是你和其他人的帮助 |
[33:24] | without yours and the others’ help. | 她就拿不到那些火炮 |
[33:26] | What did she say? | 她怎么说 |
[33:29] | She said she would take it under advisement. | 她说她会好好考虑 |
[33:36] | I warned you this place would not be any different. | 我提醒过你这地方也不会有所不同 |
[33:44] | But do not give up hope. | 但是不要放弃希望 |
[33:53] | I’ll need to know your secret. | 我想要知道你的秘密 |
[33:59] | To putting up with her. | 怎么能够容忍她的 |
[34:02] | My decision whether or not to partake in this consortium | 我是否决定加入这个联盟 |
[34:05] | was predicated on her agreement | 取决于她是否取消 |
[34:07] | to lift the ban on Charles Vane’s crew. | 针对查尔斯·韦恩船员的禁令 |
[34:10] | I understand she did. | 她不是取消了吗 |
[34:13] | Begrudgingly. | 很不情愿 |
[34:15] | And shortly after, all eight disappeared. | 而且很快 八个人就全消失了 |
[34:19] | Left for Port Royal, I am told. | 听说去了皇家港口 |
[34:21] | And you think Eleanor had something to do with this? | 你认为埃莉诺跟这件事有关吗 |
[34:24] | It doesn’t matter either way. | 无关紧要了 |
[34:25] | Short of my retrieving eight corpses from her armoire, | 我又没从她衣柜里搜出八具尸体 |
[34:28] | nothing would dissuade the other captains | 所以也没法劝阻其他船长 |
[34:30] | from the course that she’s set now. | 退出她的宏伟计划 |
[34:33] | Which I’d wager she knew would be the case. | 我赌她肯定知道会这样 |
[34:37] | I’d wager you’re right. | 肯定没错 |
[34:39] | I asked you once to get her under control. | 我曾经让你控制她 |
[34:43] | The truth is there is no controlling her, is there? | 事实是根本无法控制 对吗 |
[34:52] | You forced her hand in front of men | 你在那些人面前强她所难 |
[34:54] | whose respect she demands | 而她需要这些人的尊重 |
[34:56] | in order to run this business. | 才能在这儿开展生意 |
[35:00] | Really, Captain, | 说真的 船长 |
[35:03] | what choice did you give her? | 你让她有什么选择 |
[35:24] | Mr. Guthrie isn’t here. | 格斯里先生不在这儿 |
[35:30] | He’s taken sanctuary on Mr. Underhill’s estate. | 他在昂德希尔先生的种植园寻求庇护 |
[35:42] | Do you know what you’ve done? | 你知道你做了什么吗 |
[35:45] | What madness possessed you to write that letter? | 你发了什么疯去写那样的信 |
[35:49] | I tried to tell you. | 我想要告诉你的 |
[35:50] | Billy found it. | 比利发现了那封信 |
[35:53] | If he’d have shown anyone before I discovered him, | 如果在我发现之前他给别人看过 |
[35:55] | but for dumb luck, | 那我就死定了 |
[35:58] | I’d be dead. | 虽然我走运他没有 |
[36:00] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[36:02] | You know I would never intentionally | 你知道我不会有意将你 |
[36:03] | put you in any kind of danger. | 置于任何危险之中的 |
[36:04] | What was your intent? | 那你是什么目的 |
[36:07] | What was it? | 什么目的 |
[36:09] | To destroy everything we’ve tried to | 为了毁掉过去十年 |
[36:11] | build here for the past 10 years? | 我们努力在这儿建立的一切吗 |
[36:13] | Or was it just to embarrass me? | 还是就想给我难堪 |
[36:15] | To show you a way out of all this, to free you. | 给你指一条出路 让你自由 |
[36:18] | A way out? | 出路 |
[36:19] | Have you no memory of how we got here? | 你不记得我们是怎么来这里的了吗 |
[36:22] | What they took from us? | 他们从我们手里夺走了什么 |
[36:27] | What does it matter now? | 现在还有什么要紧呢 |
[36:30] | What does it matter? | 有什么要紧 |
[36:32] | What does it matter what happened then | 如果我们现在没有生活 |
[36:34] | if we have no life now? | 当时发生过什么又有什么要紧 |
[36:37] | Because there is no life here. | 因为这里没有生活 |
[36:38] | There is no joy here. There is no love here. | 这里没有快乐 这里没有爱 |
[36:40] | – There’s no love here. – What are you talking about?! | -这里没有爱 -你在说什么啊 |
[36:44] | What do you think I’m out there fighting for | 如果不是为了在这里拥有那一切 |
[36:46] | if not to make all those things possible here? | 那我在外面奋斗是为了什么 |
[36:49] | You’ll fight a war so we can make a life? | 你为了让我们好好生活愿意去打仗 |
[36:51] | You don’t get one without the other, my sweet. | 这两者是分不开的 亲爱的 |
[36:53] | No. You’re wrong. | 不 你错了 |
[36:58] | I sent that letter to show you that you’re wrong. | 我写那封信就是要告诉你 你错了 |
[37:03] | There is a life in Boston. | 在波士顿有生活 |
[37:06] | There is joy there and music | 那里有快乐 有音乐 |
[37:10] | and peace. | 还有和平 |
[37:12] | The door is open. | 那扇门打开了 |
[37:14] | I’ve opened it for you. | 我为你把它打开了 |
[37:15] | And it requires no war and no blood and no sacrifice. | 不需要斗争 流血和牺牲 |
[37:19] | It requires an intolerable sacrifice. | 需要无法忍受的牺牲 |
[37:21] | To accept a pardon? | 去接受赦免吗 |
[37:23] | To apologize. | 去道歉 |
[37:25] | Apologize? Who will you be apologizing to? | 道歉 你要向谁道歉 |
[37:27] | To England! | 英格兰 |
[37:32] | They took everything from us. | 他们夺走了我们的一切 |
[37:35] | And then they called me a monster. | 然后他们称我为野兽 |
[37:39] | The moment I sign that pardon, | 我签署赦免状的那一刻 |
[37:41] | the moment I ask for one, | 我乞求赦免状的那一刻 |
[37:44] | I proclaim to the world that they were right. | 就等于是向全世界宣布他们是对的 |
[37:48] | This ends when I grant them my forgiveness… | 只有等我原谅了他们 这事才算完 |
[37:55] | not the other way around. | 而不是相反 |
[37:58] | This path you’re on… | 你所走的这条路 |
[38:01] | it doesn’t lead where you think it does. | 并不通往你所以为的地方 |
[38:06] | If he were here, he’d agree with me. | 如果他在这里 他会赞同我 |
[38:22] | Three days with the Urca’s schedule, | 三天记住厄卡号的航程 |
[38:24] | three minutes with whatever the fuck this is. | 三分钟记住这狗日的东西 |
[38:27] | I’ll remind them. | 我会提醒他们的 |
[38:30] | Before you go, just one question. | 在你走之前 问一个问题 |
[38:34] | Harebrained as this test was, | 这个测试如此草率 |
[38:35] | you had to be quite certain | 说明你想都不想 |
[38:37] | I was the thief to even think of it. | 就认定我是窃贼 |
[38:39] | And I don’t believe you have near that kind of faith | 而我不认为你如此信任 |
[38:41] | in our friend Randall here. | 我们的朋友兰德尔 |
[38:44] | Who told you about me? | 谁跟你说起过我 |
[38:47] | Billy? | 比利吗 |
[38:54] | Randall, we need to talk. | 兰德尔 我们得谈谈 |
[38:57] | – You’re a thief. – Randall, pay attention. | -你这个窃贼 -兰德尔 注意听 |
[39:00] | Right now at this moment, it is just as likely | 照现在的情形 |
[39:02] | you’re the one that dies as I am. | 你我可能都得死 |
[39:05] | What if there was a way neither of us had to die today? | 要是有办法让我俩今天都不用死呢 |
[39:09] | I go to the crew and I offer to be your caretaker. | 我去跟船员说我自愿照料你 |
[39:13] | I’ll promise to look after you day and night | 我保证日夜照看你 |
[39:14] | and give my personal guarantee should anything happen, | 要是你惹了麻烦 |
[39:17] | it comes out of my share. | 都由我出钱料理 |
[39:19] | I think I could persuade the crew to accept that. | 船员应该会接受的 |
[39:21] | And then you’re back on the ship. | 然后你就能回船上了 |
[39:24] | All you have to do is change your story. | 你只要换个说辞就行 |
[39:29] | You’re a thief. | 你是窃贼 |
[39:30] | Are you fucking kidding me?! | 你他妈玩我啊 |
[39:34] | All right. | 好 |
[39:36] | Yes, I’m a thief. | 是 我是窃贼 |
[39:40] | I took the page and I shouldn’t have. | 我偷了那页纸 我不该拿的 |
[39:42] | I should have counted my blessings | 我应该谢天谢地 |
[39:44] | to be let off that merchant ship. | 自己从那艘商船上逃出来了 |
[39:46] | But what can I say, Randall? | 但我能说什么呢 兰德尔 |
[39:47] | I’m not a joiner. I never have been. | 我从来都是旁观者 |
[39:51] | But I’m willing to do it now. | 可我现在愿意加入你们 |
[39:54] | So pull your head from your ass | 别再逃避问题了 |
[39:55] | and let’s both live to fight another day. | 让咱俩都能活下来 |
[40:00] | Sorry, Mr. Silver. | 抱歉 西尔弗先生 |
[40:09] | – You’re a thief. – Yes, we understand. | -你是窃贼 -是的 我们知道 |
[40:16] | Randall? | 兰德尔 |
[40:18] | You’re a thief. | 你是窃贼 |
[40:20] | Randall, what’s gotten into you? | 兰德尔 你中什么邪了 |
[40:24] | You’re a thief. | 你是窃贼 |
[40:26] | What the hell is going on here? | 这他妈怎么回事 |
[40:29] | It would appear Mr. Randall | 似乎兰德尔先生 |
[40:31] | has reconsidered his position. | 转移阵营了 |
[40:34] | If you intend to accuse Mr. Silver before the crew, | 要是你还想在船员面前指控西尔弗先生 |
[40:37] | you do so without a witness. | 可没人能给你作证了 |
[40:51] | Give us the room, please. | 让我和他单独聊聊 |
[40:58] | As you can imagine, money is tight right now. | 你可想而知 我现在手头紧 |
[41:02] | The Walrus crew are unwilling to manumit a hold full of slaves, | 海象号的船员不肯释放一船舱的奴隶 |
[41:05] | nor do I have the funds to purchase their release outright. | 我也不够资金买断他们的所有权 |
[41:11] | So here’s what I’ve done. | 我是这么办的 |
[41:14] | The able-bodied males will be taken | 身强力壮的男性去黑鹿号上 |
[41:15] | onto the Black Hind under Captain Lawrence | 听劳伦斯船长指挥 填补近日大量船员 |
[41:17] | to fill a recent rash of desertions. | 弃船离开造成的人手空缺 |
[41:20] | The consortium has reached an agreement | 联盟已经和海象号的 |
[41:21] | with Mr. Dufresne of the Walrus | 迪弗雷纳船长谈妥 |
[41:23] | to trade future subsidies and credits to cover the cost. | 用将来的津贴和存货支付奴隶价格 |
[41:29] | Six women remain thereafter, | 剩下的六个女人 |
[41:31] | for whom I was able to scrounge together | 我能筹到足够的钱 |
[41:33] | enough money to cover their cost. | 买下她们 |
[41:36] | They’ll be offered a wage in my employ. | 她们以后就在我手下工作 |
[41:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:44] | – As for us– – Eleanor, I– | -至于我们…-埃莉诺 我… |
[41:46] | I know how much you worry about me. | 我知道你很担心我 |
[41:48] | But I hope the events of the last few days | 但我希望这几天发生的事情 |
[41:49] | prove that I can handle myself. | 证明了我能自己解决问题 |
[41:53] | It does. | 确实 |
[41:56] | I’m not blind to Flint. | 弗林特的事我没有视而不见 |
[41:58] | I know he keeps things from me. | 我知道他有事瞒着我 |
[42:01] | But there’s no reason for you to feel threatened | 但我和他合作 |
[42:03] | by my partnership with him. | 你没必要觉得受到了威胁 |
[42:04] | If you’re to stay with me, I need to know that I can trust you. | 要是你想留在我身边 我得确信你是可以信任的 |
[42:06] | Eleanor, Captain Hornigold has extended me | 埃莉诺 霍尼戈德船长 |
[42:10] | an offer to join his crew. | 邀请我做他的船员 |
[42:16] | And you’ve accepted? | 你已经接受了吗 |
[42:22] | If you need me, I will be here for you. | 要是你需要我 我会留下来 |
[42:28] | But as long as you insist | 但是只要你坚持 |
[42:29] | on pursuing this course with Captain Flint, | 继续跟弗林特船长干这一票 |
[42:32] | I will always be tempted to interfere. | 我就总忍不住去干预 |
[42:36] | Please get out. | 出去吧 |
[42:49] | I’m sorry, but the income you’ve reported for the past two days | 抱歉 但你这两天上报的收益 |
[42:52] | is simply too low to be believed. | 实在少得难以置信 |
[42:54] | I’m going to have to ask you | 我只好请你 |
[42:54] | to vacate your room, make way for someone else. | 搬出去给别人腾出地方了 |
[42:58] | Oh, yes, yes. | 是啊 是啊 |
[43:01] | Here it comes. | 开始了 |
[43:07] | I’ll have you know I have | 我告诉你 |
[43:08] | slit men’s throats while they have wept, | 男人哭着向我求饶时 |
[43:10] | begging my forbearance, and slept soundly that very night. | 我就一刀割断他们的喉咙 当晚睡得还很香 |
[43:14] | If you were hoping to manipulate me, | 要是你想用这招操纵我 |
[43:15] | you are barking up the wrong tree. | 你就找错对象了 |
[43:20] | The wrong tree. | 找错对象了 |
[43:25] | Jesus Christ. | 天呐 |
[43:26] | – Mr. Rackham. – What? | -拉克姆先生 -怎么 |
[43:28] | Five pieces. | 五块 |
[43:31] | Oh, look who’s up and about. | 看看谁来了 |
[43:33] | Who did you just service? | 你刚才服侍了谁 |
[43:36] | What’s that? | 干什么 |
[43:37] | Who paid you those coins? | 那钱是谁给你的 |
[43:40] | It was Captain Hallindale I saw leaving your room, was it not? | 刚才从你屋子离开的是哈林戴尔船长吧 |
[43:43] | A man whose sole desire is to be swaddled in canvas | 那家伙一心就想像个奶娃娃一样 |
[43:45] | while he sucks on a fat, milkless breast | 被包在帆布里吮吸一只没奶水的豪乳 |
[43:48] | like a nursing child. | 除此之外就再没别的了 |
[43:50] | And the price we have always charged for mothering | 而哺育费通常都是 |
[43:52] | is 20 pieces, not five. | 二十块 不是五块 |
[43:56] | Who the fuck do you think you’re accusing? | 你他妈在指控谁呢 |
[43:58] | A handjob pays five. | 手活只有五块 |
[44:00] | All Captain Hallindale had time for today was a tug. | 今天哈林戴尔船长时间紧 只能手活 |
[44:05] | Will your story hold when I ask him to confirm it? | 那你敢不敢让我去找他确认一下 |
[44:08] | Or will you confess your crime now | 还是现在就认罪 |
[44:10] | and pray that our new patron is more forgiving | 祈祷我们的新老板 |
[44:12] | than Mr. Noonan would have been? | 比鲁南先生宽容大度 |
[44:18] | I swear on the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ | 我以上帝的名义发誓 |
[44:21] | this will never happen again. | 我再也不敢了 |
[44:23] | For your sake, it had better not. | 最好如此 |
[44:32] | In my experience, if you do not discipline a whore, | 以我的经验 如果你不惩戒一个婊子 |
[44:35] | she will always take advantage. | 她就会一直占你便宜 |
[44:41] | Get your fucking house in order. | 管管你的妓院吧 |
[45:31] | I thought you were going to report back | 我以为你从巴洛太太那儿回来 |
[45:32] | once you returned from Mrs. Barlow’s. | 就会立刻来汇报情况 |
[45:43] | Do you really think it’s wise to get pissed | 你的船员可能会来这儿撞见你 |
[45:45] | in full view of any of your men that may stumble in here | 你觉得你喝成这副样子明智吗 |
[45:48] | just before they’re about to embark | 他们可正要开始 |
[45:49] | on the most dangerous journey of their lives? | 人生中最危险的一段旅程 |
[45:54] | Wise? | 明智 |
[45:57] | Probably not. | 也许不 |
[46:00] | But then there was 36 hours before castoff, | 但是36小时之后就要上路了 |
[46:03] | so I thought | 于是我想 |
[46:06] | why not live dangerously? | 干嘛不活得刺激些呢 |
[46:10] | 36 hours is plenty of time | 36小时很长 |
[46:12] | for them to find reason to doubt you. | 够他们找出质疑你的理由了 |
[46:17] | Perhaps a little doubt in me is called for. | 也许连我自己都拿不准 |
[46:29] | What happened out there? | 在海上出了什么事 |
[46:38] | Tell me | 告诉我 |
[46:41] | we’re not crazy, you and I. | 咱俩不是疯子 |
[46:45] | Crazy? | 疯子 |
[46:50] | To put ourselves through all this | 明知结局难料 |
[46:54] | when the outcome’s so uncertain. | 还要去做这件事 |
[47:00] | The outcome is only uncertain for those who disbelieve. | 只有拒绝相信的人才会有不确定的结果 |
[47:06] | I believe in this place. | 我相信这个地方 |
[47:10] | And I believe if there’s anyone who can do what’s necessary | 而且我相信如果有谁能行必要之举 |
[47:13] | to make it something better, | 让这地方变得更好 |
[47:15] | it’s you. | 那非你莫属 |
[48:07] | Oi, where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[48:10] | Eyes on Randall at all times– | 我们不是说好了吗 |
[48:11] | wasn’t that the deal? | 你得一直看着兰德尔 |
[48:22] | Randall, you are a fucking puzzle. | 兰德尔 我真看不透你 |
[48:25] | Part of me thinks you | 有时候我觉得 |
[48:26] | must be the luckiest halfwit in the colonies, | 你肯定是殖民地里最走运的笨蛋 |
[48:27] | the way this all played out. | 这一切都成功了 |
[48:32] | But part of me suspects there’s something else going on here. | 但有时候我又怀疑其中另有隐情 |
[48:37] | I’m forced to wonder if you | 我不由觉得 |
[48:38] | didn’t orchestrate this whole little drama | 是不是你精心策划了这一出 |
[48:41] | knowing it would corner me into securing your return to the crew. | 因为你很清楚这样就能逼我保护你回船上 |
[48:46] | I’m forced to consider the possibility | 我不禁想到这种可能性 |
[48:48] | there is a lot more of the old Randall | 老兰德尔 |
[48:50] | in that head of yours than you’d like to let on. | 是大智若愚 |
[48:55] | That you’re no halfwit at all, | 你根本不笨 |
[48:57] | but a very shrewd operator | 反而是个精明鬼 |
[49:00] | who’s managed to gain the benefits | 打算攫取捕猎的战利品 |
[49:01] | of sailing with these men while avoiding all the risk. | 同时避开所有的风险 |
[49:07] | That perhaps, | 也许 |
[49:09] | just perhaps, | 仅仅是也许 |
[49:12] | you’re a goddamn genius. | 你他妈是个天才 |
[50:00] | Mr. Gates. | 盖茨先生 |
[50:03] | Mr. Quartermaster. | 舵手先生 |
[50:10] | The crew seem in good spirit. | 船员似乎状态不错 |
[50:12] | All things considered. | 总的来说还行吧 |
[50:18] | What about our friend the cook? | 我们那位厨子朋友呢 |
[50:22] | It appears to be resolved for now. | 暂时解决了 |
[50:26] | Though I must tell you, he discerned that I knew | 不过我得告诉你 他看穿了 |
[50:28] | about the missing page beforehand. | 我事先就知道那页纸的事 |
[50:30] | He assumed Billy told me. | 他以为是比利告诉我的 |
[50:33] | I can see how he might think that. | 我能理解他为什么会这么想 |
[50:35] | I did nothing to dispel that notion, | 我也没说什么 |
[50:37] | though it may not take him a long time to realize | 不过估计用不了多久他就会意识到 |
[50:39] | who it was that actually brought me into this. | 到底是谁告诉我这件事的了 |
[50:42] | Well, we’ll have to deal with our situation as it develops, | 我们就随机应变吧 |
[50:47] | won’t we? | 如何 |
[50:50] | Aye. | 好 |
[50:55] | There’s something else. | 还有件事 |
[50:57] | It’s Messrs. Howell and De Groot. | 豪厄尔和德·格鲁特先生 |
[51:00] | Give them a couple of days. | 这几天就由着他们吧 |
[51:01] | Once we’re at sea, the work will take their focus off Randall. | 我们一出海 工作会让他们没工夫注意兰德尔的 |
[51:06] | Actually, it’s not Randall that’s troubling them. | 实际上 困扰他们的不是兰德尔 |
[51:11] | It’s you. | 而是你 |
[51:14] | Having had some time to think about it, | 仔细想过这事以后 |
[51:15] | they’re not certain that you’re up to doing what’s necessary. | 他们不确定你下不下得了手 |
[51:22] | The lying we could forgive. | 撒谎的事可以算了 |
[51:24] | Singleton we could forgive. | 辛格尔顿的死也可以算了 |
[51:26] | We could forgive all of it. | 什么都可以不计较 |
[51:30] | But not Billy. | 但比利的事不行 |
[51:34] | That requires an answer. | 我们要一个答案 |
[51:39] | When the time comes, we need to know | 时机成熟时 我们要确定 |
[51:40] | that you won’t stand in the way. | 你不会碍事 |
[51:45] | I understand he’s your friend. | 我知道他是你的朋友 |
[51:48] | But once we have the money, | 但是钱一到手 |
[51:51] | Flint dies. | 弗林特就得死 |
[51:54] | No argument. | 没得商量 |
[52:00] | Not from me. | 我同意 |
[53:23] | You could be strong again. | 你可以重新崛起 |
[53:26] | You could resist me. | 反抗我 |
[53:30] | You could take this whole fucking island from me | 从我手中夺走整座岛 |
[53:33] | if only you weren’t so goddamned afraid. | 只要你不是这么害怕 |