英文名称:The Aeronauts
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | How bad is the tear?! | 裂口有多大 |
[00:51] | We need to lose more weight! | 我们得继续减重 |
[00:57] | Stop the carriage! | 停车 |
[01:04] | Amelia? | 阿米莉亚 |
[01:13] | Are you quite well? | 你还好吗 |
[01:16] | You don’t need to fly today. | 你不非得今天飞 |
[01:18] | You can return to Richmond with me. | 和我一起回里士满吧 |
[01:19] | Antonia, I just need a moment. | 安东尼娅 我歇一会就没事了 |
[01:21] | After all you’ve been through, no one will think worse of you. | 你遭遇过那种事 没人会瞧不起你的 |
[01:23] | I would. | 我会 |
[01:25] | I would think worse of me. | 我会瞧不起自己 |
[01:28] | I have an agreement with Mr. Glaisher. | 我和格雷舍尔先生约好了 |
[01:32] | You barely know the man, | 你几乎不了解他 |
[01:33] | and the little you do, you’re irritated by. | 不怎么了解都已经让你厌烦了 |
[01:35] | Antonia, please, I… | 安东尼娅 拜托 我 |
[01:38] | just need a moment. | 只是需要休息一会儿 |
[01:41] | One last piece of sisterly advice. | 做姐姐的再给你最后一条忠告 |
[01:45] | Doubt is there to be listened to. | 不要忽略质疑的声音 |
[02:19] | Come and get your tickets! | 快来买票啊 |
[02:21] | Amelia Wren! How high will she go?! | 阿米莉亚·雷恩 她会飞到多高 |
[02:25] | And afterwards, I’ve got to take you straight to… | 之后我得直接带你去… |
[02:30] | Amelia Wren! | 阿米莉亚·雷恩 |
[02:32] | Well, I read all about it… | 我读过她的… |
[02:48] | Hey, you! Get out of the road! | 你 别挡路 |
[02:49] | Come on. Move along. | 快让开 |
[03:51] | She’s late. | 她迟到了 |
[03:52] | She is, but that’s the least of your concerns. | 没错 但你不用操心这个 |
[03:54] | We’ll lose the light, John. | 阳光要消失了 约翰 |
[03:55] | James, do the clouds not look ominous to you? | 詹姆斯 你不觉得这乌云是不详的预兆吗 |
[03:57] | I repeatedly explained to Miss Wren | 我向雷恩小姐解释过无数次 |
[03:58] | the importance of catching the right light | 把握合适光线 合适风向 |
[04:00] | and the right wind at the right time, | 以及合适时机的重要性 |
[04:01] | – and she’s just openly ignored me. – James, look up. | -而她直接无视了我 -詹姆斯 抬头看 |
[04:06] | It’s not a concern, John. | 没什么好担心的 约翰 |
[04:06] | The readings I took this morning were quite clear. | 我今早检测到的读数非常清楚 |
[04:08] | Far be it from me to doubt you, James, | 我不是要质疑你 詹姆斯 |
[04:10] | but your weather predictions have been wrong in the past, | 但你之前的天气预测一直都是错的 |
[04:12] | and it’s just possible that you’ve missed… | 有可能是你遗漏了… |
[04:13] | Don’t even think of it. | 想都别想 |
[04:16] | Ned Chambers, | 奈德·钱伯斯 |
[04:18] | John Trew, my very good friend. John, this is Ned, | 我的挚友约翰·特鲁 约翰 这位是奈德 |
[04:20] | one of the hardy entrepreneurs who’s invested in our expedition. | 投资我们探险之旅的无畏企业家之一 |
[04:23] | Do not even think of telling me flight is not possible. | 别想告诉我今天飞不成了 |
[04:26] | Mr. Chambers, we are scientists of the air, | 钱伯斯先生 我们是天空方面的专家 |
[04:28] | and we can tell you the one thing no one can control is, | 很负责任的告诉您 有一样东西是无法控制的 |
[04:30] | well, the air. | 那就是天空 |
[04:31] | I have paid for gas. I have paid for silk. | 燃料钱是我出的 做气球的钱也是我出的 |
[04:34] | And is this balloon not the strongest and largest that’s ever been? | 这个热气球难道不是有史以来最大最结实的吗 |
[04:37] | Even so, it can’t fight the weather. | 即便如此 它也无法与气候对抗 |
[04:40] | You don’t want to be responsible for a tragedy, sir. | 您不会想亲手酿成惨剧的 先生 |
[04:41] | I don’t wish to be responsible for refunding the 10,000 | 我更不想为一万名来这里 |
[04:44] | that came here because you promised them history. | 见证你们创造历史的观众退款 |
[04:46] | We’ll fly, Ned. We’ll fly. | 今天会起飞的 奈德 |
[04:48] | I only need the sky to hold for 90 minutes, | 我只需要风和日丽的九十分钟 |
[04:50] | and once we’re above the cloud line, | 等我们到达了云层之上 |
[04:52] | we’ll be fine. | 就没问题了 |
[04:53] | Good. That’s fixed, then. | 好 那就这么定了 |
[04:54] | Now, did you not promise me a 5 o’clock ascent? | 你不是向我保证过五点升空吗 |
[04:59] | I’m set. | 我准备好了 |
[05:00] | I’m merely waiting for pilot. | 只是在等飞行员 |
[05:02] | And it’s not the first time Miss Wren has kept me waiting. | 雷恩小姐不是第一次迟到了 |
[05:12] | What a truly pleasant man. | 这人真够讨人喜欢的 |
[05:16] | One must make compromises | 为了成就伟大 |
[05:17] | in order to achieve greatness, my friend. | 必须有所妥协 我的朋友 |
[05:22] | And he… | 而他 |
[05:24] | is merely one compromise. | 只是一个小妥协 |
[05:35] | Hello, everybody, and welcome! | 大家好 欢迎各位 |
[05:44] | Welcome back, Amelia! | 欢迎回来 阿米莉亚 |
[05:45] | Are you ready? | 你们准备好了吗 |
[05:55] | Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 |
[06:00] | You’re incredibly late. | 你迟到太久了 |
[06:03] | Lesson number one of Aeronautics, | 飞行学第一课 |
[06:05] | We are creatures of the skies | 天空才是我们的归属 |
[06:07] | and have no respect for landlocked clocks. | 不要在意陆地上的时间 |
[06:10] | Mr. Glaisher, are you really not a gentleman at all? | 格雷舍尔先生 你不是一位翩翩君子吗 |
[06:15] | Hold out your hand to me. | 伸出手扶我 |
[06:19] | Go on, Glaisher! Go on! Take her hand! | 去吧 格雷舍尔 牵她的手 |
[06:20] | Look like you’ve never seen a woman before! | 你难道从没见过女人吗 |
[06:23] | Don’t keep a lady waiting! Come on, Mr. Glaisher! | 别让女士等着 快点 格雷舍尔先生 |
[06:25] | Take her hand! | 牵她的手 |
[06:26] | Take her hand, Mr. Glaisher! | 牵她的手 格雷舍尔先生 |
[06:33] | You’re naughty! | 真调皮 |
[06:37] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[06:38] | Mr. Glaisher, you have no conception of how ready I am. | 格雷舍尔先生 我准备得不能更充分了 |
[06:50] | Posey! | 姿姿 |
[06:51] | Good dog. | 乖狗狗 |
[06:54] | She’s got a dog! | 她有一条狗 |
[06:57] | – Posey. – No, no, no. | -姿姿 -不不不 |
[06:59] | No, absolutely not. | 不 绝对不行 |
[07:00] | Under no circumstances are we taking a dog. | 我们绝对不能带狗 |
[07:02] | I told you we’d have to play to the crowd, | 我告诉过你我们得让观众开心 |
[07:04] | and they prefer my dog to your boxes. | 观众就想看狗狗上天 |
[07:05] | Those are essential meteorological instruments. | 那些都是至关重要的气象设备 |
[07:07] | And this is an essential dog. | 那这是一条至关重要的狗 |
[07:11] | She’s called Posey. | 她叫姿姿 |
[07:12] | The essential… | 至关重要的 |
[07:14] | Posey! | 姿姿 |
[07:21] | Go on. In you go. | 来吧 进去 |
[07:23] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[07:25] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[07:28] | today, myself… Amelia Wren… | 今天 我阿米莉亚·雷恩 |
[07:31] | my naughty scientist, Mr. Glaisher… | 我调皮的科学家 格雷舍尔先生 |
[07:35] | and my wonder dog Posey | 还有我的好狗狗姿姿 |
[07:37] | are going to change the world. | 将要改变世界 |
[07:40] | Are you ready for us to do so? | 你们准备好见证这一刻了吗 |
[07:45] | This balloon on which I stand… | 此刻我攀上的热气球 |
[07:49] | the Mammoth… is a balloon like no other, | 猛犸号 是举世无双的热气球 |
[07:54] | and will allow us to ascend higher into the air | 我们将搭乘它飞向天空 |
[07:59] | than any man or woman has ever gone. | 达到任何男女都未曾企及过的高度 |
[08:11] | The French rose to 23,000 feet. | 法国人曾升到海拔7010米 |
[08:15] | Today, we will break that record | 今天 我们将打破这个纪录 |
[08:19] | and reclaim it for these fair shores! | 将荣耀带回不列颠群岛 |
[08:25] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[08:27] | We may reach the Moon | 我们可能会到达月球 |
[08:31] | and bring back… | 然后带回 |
[08:33] | stardust! | 星尘 |
[08:36] | Today is a day when history will be made, | 今天写下的伟大历史 |
[08:41] | and you will all be a part of it. | 将由你我共同创造 |
[08:48] | Mr. Glaisher, now is your moment. | 格雷舍尔先生 轮到你上场了 |
[08:51] | Up you get. | 上来吧 |
[09:06] | Fireworks? | 还放烟火 |
[09:08] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[09:09] | Yes. I just need to retake my ground readings | 好了 再记录一次地面读数 |
[09:12] | and then do one final check of the equipment. | 再最后检查一遍设备 |
[09:14] | Well, my equipment | 我的设备可全都 |
[09:17] | was all prepared in advance. | 提前准备好了 |
[09:19] | Now, don’t touch this rope, Mr. Glaisher, | 别碰这根绳子 格雷舍尔先生 |
[09:21] | ’cause it will let out the gas. | 会把气放掉 |
[09:22] | I do know how a balloon works. | 我知道该怎么操作气球 |
[09:25] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[09:27] | We fly. | 我们要飞起来 |
[09:28] | – The sky awaits. – Wait, no. | -天空在等着呢 -等等 不行 |
[09:30] | These ground readings are essential. | 这些地面读数很重要 |
[09:31] | If they’re not accurate… | 如果不准确… |
[09:39] | Godspeed, old man. | 祝好运 老伙计 |
[09:42] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[09:57] | – What are you doing? – Giving the people their money’s worth. | -你在干什么 -让那些人值回票价 |
[09:59] | W-Will that not damage the integrity of the balloon? | 那不会破坏气球的平衡吗 |
[10:01] | Perhaps. | 可能会 |
[10:03] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[10:04] | For God’s sake. | 天啊 |
[10:06] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[10:09] | This is absurd. | 太荒唐了 |
[10:11] | It’s what they call entertainment, Mr. Glaisher. | 这就是传说中的娱乐 格雷舍尔先生 |
[10:13] | Well, I’m not finding it particularly entertaining. | 我没觉得有什么可乐的 |
[10:15] | It requires a… a sense of humor, | 这需要幽默感 |
[10:17] | which you seem to lack. | 你好像恰恰没有 |
[10:24] | This is ridiculous. | 真是胡闹 |
[10:26] | Don’t be so sour. | 别这么酸嘛 |
[10:27] | Give me the dog. | 把狗给我 |
[10:29] | What do you mean, give you the dog? | 什么叫把狗给你 |
[10:30] | – Pass me Posey, Mr. Glaisher. – I’m not giving you the dog. | -把姿姿递给我 格雷舍尔先生 -不可能 |
[10:32] | Mr. Glaisher, the dog. Now. | 格雷舍尔先生 狗 快点 |
[10:39] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[10:44] | Quick. | 快点 |
[10:46] | – Come on! – What, you just want me to… | -快啊 -怎么 你想让我… |
[10:48] | – what, just pass her to you? – Pass her up. | -怎么 就这么把它递给你 -递给我 |
[10:49] | – Yes, pass her up. – All right. | -对 递上来 -好吧 |
[10:51] | Come on, Posey. Come on! | 快来 姿姿 来 |
[10:54] | No, don’t! | 不要 |
[10:58] | Did you see that? | 你看到了吗 |
[11:04] | Well done, Posey. | 好样的 姿姿 |
[11:08] | Come on, Posey. Come on, girl. | 来 姿姿 快来 好姑娘 |
[11:12] | There he is. | 接到它了 |
[11:16] | Mr. Glaisher, you are airborne for the first time in your life. | 格雷舍尔先生 你这辈子头一次上了天 |
[11:20] | I suggest you spend less time frowning at me and… | 我建议你别把时间都浪费来瞪我 |
[11:23] | more taking in this beautiful world we’ve just left. | 好好看看我们刚离开的这个美妙世界吧 |
[11:49] | Quite something, isn’t she? | 很了不起 对吧 |
[11:51] | London. | 伦敦 |
[12:50] | It all looks so… | 一切看起来都… |
[12:52] | Insignificant? | 无足轻重了 |
[12:56] | Do you take anything seriously, Miss Wren? | 有什么事能让你认真起来吗 雷恩小姐 |
[12:59] | Some things. | 有些事能 |
[13:00] | That crowd gathered to witness us break the height record. | 那群人聚在一起是要见证我们打破高度记录 |
[13:03] | They didn’t need to see a flying dog. | 他们不需要看到飞在天上的狗 |
[13:06] | Still stuck there, are you? | 还在耿耿于怀吗 |
[13:07] | I’ve spent much of my life | 我这辈子有很多时间 |
[13:09] | being laughed at for what I do, Miss Wren. | 都在因自己的事业而被嘲笑 |
[13:11] | I’d rather hope that today might prove an exception. | 我希望今天会是个例外 |
[13:14] | Tell me, what determines your reputation? | 告诉我 你的声誉是由什么决定的 |
[13:16] | My reputation? | 我的声誉 |
[13:17] | Yes, your standing in the scientific community. | 是的 你在科学界的地位 |
[13:20] | The papers I’ve written, the discoveries I’ve uncovered. | 我写的论文 发现的成果 |
[13:22] | Your reputation is built on paper, | 你的文章决定了你的声誉 |
[13:24] | and my reputation is built on screams. | 而我的声誉则取决于人们的欢呼 |
[13:26] | And those people below, they came to be entertained. | 下面那些人 他们是来享受娱乐的 |
[13:29] | And they, if you didn’t know, | 如果你还不知道的话 |
[13:30] | are the ones paying for this trip. | 他们也是这次旅行的出资人 |
[13:33] | You off to the opera? | 你要去看戏吗 |
[13:39] | I’ve been looking at the same thing. | 我也一直在观察它 |
[13:41] | Don’t tell me that cloud isn’t a cause for concern. | 别告诉我那片乌云不值得担心 |
[13:44] | I’m the scientist; you’re the pilot. | 我才是科学家 而你是飞行员 |
[13:46] | Let’s stick to our roles, shall we? | 我们还是各司其职吧 好吗 |
[14:10] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[14:12] | – James! – Come on, John. | -詹姆斯 -快来啊 约翰 |
[14:13] | – I’ll not miss the takeoff. – It’s in the air. | -我可不想错过起飞 -反正要上天 |
[14:15] | We could have stayed on the ground and looked up. | 我们待在地上抬头看天就好 |
[14:18] | We must see it from the best vantage point, Johnny. | 我们必须在最佳观察点看 约翰尼 |
[14:20] | For God’s sake. | 饶了我吧 |
[14:28] | Sky’s clear, so I predict a clean takeoff, | 晴空万里 我预测能顺利升空 |
[14:31] | which means that in precisely 24 seconds we should see it. | 就是说还有24秒我们就能看到了 |
[14:35] | You are aware | 你知道 |
[14:36] | he might not make it off the ground? | 他可能没法成功离开地面吧 |
[14:38] | Charles Green will make it off the ground. | 查尔斯·格林会成功离开地面的 |
[14:41] | Maybe not quite so close to the edge of the building. | 你还是别到那么边上去吧 |
[14:43] | Listen, John, will you stop scowling at me? | 约翰 你能别再瞪我了吗 |
[14:44] | – Sc… – Do I count the hours that I spend | -瞪你… -我要不要算算 |
[14:46] | helping you pin butterflies to a board? | 我花了多少时间帮你在板子上钉蝴蝶 |
[14:49] | Pinning butterflies is not a dangerous pursuit. | 钉蝴蝶又不是什么危险的追求 |
[14:52] | Five, four, | 五 四 |
[14:55] | three, two, | 三 二 |
[14:58] | one. | 一 |
[15:08] | Could be anything. | 什么原因都有可能 |
[15:10] | The gas valve ruptured. The silk tore. | 气阀爆裂了 或者布撕裂了 |
[15:22] | He’s rethought the balloon shape. | 他重新设计了气球的形状 |
[15:25] | It’s wider at the top, like a parachute. | 顶部加宽了 就像个降落伞 |
[15:27] | That’s very clever. | 真聪明 |
[15:29] | May I look? | 我能看看吗 |
[15:30] | Yes, you may. Here. | 当然 来 |
[15:41] | John. | 约翰 |
[15:43] | If you’ve had time enough… | 你看够了吧 |
[15:57] | You’ll get your chance, you know. | 你也会有机会的 |
[15:59] | They’ll realize your worth. | 他们会意识到你的价值 |
[16:01] | I think they know my worth quite well enough. | 我觉得他们已经很清楚我的价值了 |
[16:06] | Gentlemen! Gentlemen! | 先生们 先生们 |
[16:08] | We-we know more now about this world around us | 我们此刻比历史上任何时候 |
[16:11] | than at any moment in our history. | 都更了解我们身处的这个世界 |
[16:13] | And yet, still, still, we are limited | 然而 我们还是受自己的无知所限 |
[16:16] | by our ignorance as to what is truly above us. | 不了解我们头上的这片天空 |
[16:19] | Now, with the progress that we have made in balloon ascent | 以我们目前在气球升空方面取得的进展 |
[16:22] | here at the Society, pioneered by Charles Green, | 也是我们协会在查尔斯的领导下取得的进展 |
[16:25] | we could advance meteorology by decades. | 我们也许能将气象学向前推进数十年 |
[16:28] | Analysis of the Earth’s magnetic field, | 对地球磁场 |
[16:29] | the solar spectrum, knowledge of the dew point, | 和太阳光谱的分析 对露点温度的认知 |
[16:32] | understanding of oxygenation of the atmosphere, | 对大气氧气的了解 |
[16:34] | – atmospheric… – He wants my balloon! | -大气… -他想要我的气球 |
[16:37] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[16:39] | No, sir, I ask for funding for my own expedition into the skies. | 不是的 我是想请各位资助我个人对天空的探索 |
[16:44] | By gathering enough data, | 只要能收集到足够的数据 |
[16:46] | I believe that we will be able to uncover patterns | 我相信我们能发现 |
[16:49] | – and correlations that… – Sir, | -一些模式和联系… -先生 |
[16:50] | we are scientists, not fortune tellers. | 我们是科学家 不是预言家 |
[16:53] | You’re talking about weather prediction. | 你说的是要预报天气 |
[16:54] | But is that not our responsibility as scientists, | 但那不正是我们科学家的责任吗 |
[16:57] | to find order in chaos, gentlemen? | 在混乱中寻找秩序 先生们 |
[17:00] | Please, if we could understand the sky above us… | 拜托 如果我们能了解头顶的这片天空 |
[17:00] | You are no closer to predicting the movements of the weather | 你连瓶子里一只青蛙的动作都预测不了 |
[17:03] | than the movements of a frog in a jar. | 还想预报天气动向 |
[17:05] | If we could understand the skies above us, gentlemen… | 如果我们能了解头顶的天空 先生们 |
[17:09] | Gentlemen, we… | 先生们 我们… |
[17:10] | – You’re delusional, my friend. – With your financial support, | -你疯了 朋友 -有了你们的财力支持 |
[17:11] | we are on the precipice of extraordinary change. | 我们眼看就能迎来非凡的改变了 |
[17:15] | The possibility of advanced weather prediction could… | 推动天气预测的可能性可能会… |
[17:19] | it could save lives. Gentlemen. | 可能会拯救生命 先生们 |
[17:21] | Gent… Gentlemen, please! | 先…先生们 请听我说 |
[17:23] | We have to sit through this? | 我们非听不可吗 |
[17:25] | Please! | 拜托 |
[17:37] | “James Glaisher spoke again | “詹姆斯·格雷舍尔本周在皇家学会 |
[17:39] | this week at the Royal Society | 再次谈起他计划 |
[17:42] | of his plans to make a science of the weather.” | 要将天气变成一门科学” |
[17:46] | In-in The Times. You read it? | 《泰晤士报》上的 你看了吗 |
[17:48] | Yes, I’ve read it, Pa. | 我看了 爸爸 |
[17:49] | “To the accompaniment of much laughter.” | “引来哄堂大笑” |
[17:52] | – Oh, Arthur, please stop. – They’re wrong, by the way. | -亚瑟 求你别念了 -不过他们错了 |
[17:54] | Well, many more thought you were. | 认为你错了的人更多 |
[17:57] | Well, many didn’t believe in Newton. | 还有很多人不相信牛顿呢 |
[17:58] | Newton? Oh, James. | 牛顿 詹姆斯 |
[18:01] | Newton changed the way we see the Earth | 牛顿改变了我们对地球 |
[18:04] | and the planets and the stars. | 行星和恒星的看法 |
[18:07] | You think you can predict… | 而你认为你能预测 |
[18:11] | when it might rain. | 何时会下雨 |
[18:14] | Th-These things that people are saying about you, James, | 人们议论你的那些话 詹姆斯 |
[18:19] | don’t-don’t… don’t they hurt? | 不刺耳吗 |
[18:23] | I wish it didn’t hurt you. | 我希望你不觉得刺耳 |
[18:41] | Time, nine minutes and 23 seconds. | 时间 9分23秒 |
[18:46] | Altitude is 5,400 feet. | 海拔1646米 |
[18:51] | And air temperature is 64 degrees Fahrenheit. | 气温18摄氏度 |
[18:55] | Delightful. Could you…? | 不错 你能不能帮我… |
[19:00] | – What? – Just-just at the top. | -什么 -解上面就行 |
[19:04] | Yeah. | 好 |
[19:18] | You should put on your oilskins, Mr. Glaisher. | 你应该穿上你的防水服 格雷舍尔先生 |
[19:38] | All right. | 好了 |
[19:39] | Out you come. | 出来吧 |
[19:42] | What are you attaching to those pigeons? | 你在给鸽子系什么 |
[19:43] | Our readings. | 我们的读数 |
[19:48] | I see. | 懂了 |
[19:50] | Reassuring to know you’ve contemplated our deaths. | 你能考虑到我们遇难真让人宽心 |
[19:52] | I’ve just insured against them, should we not make it back. | 只是保险起见 万一我们回不去 |
[20:10] | Cloud ahoy. | 云来了 |
[20:32] | “What more felicitie can fall to creature | 还有什么降临众生的幸福 |
[20:35] | Than to enjoy delight… | 堪比无拘无束地… |
[20:37] | – with libertie… – With libertie, | -享受愉悦 -享受愉悦 |
[20:39] | And to be lord of all the workes of Nature. | 堪比成为大自然的鬼斧神工之主 |
[20:43] | To raine in th’ aire from earth… | 堪比将雨水从苍穹之顶 |
[20:46] | …to the highest skie, | 洒向大地 |
[20:48] | To feed on flowres and weeds of glorious feature. | 堪比以生性灿烂的花儿与野草为食 |
[20:53] | To take what ever thing doth please the eie?” | 堪比将赏心悦目的万物尽收眼底 |
[20:59] | Spenser. | 斯宾塞 |
[21:02] | “The Fate of the Butterflie.” | 《蝴蝶的命运》 |
[21:03] | It’s one of my favorite poems. | 我最喜欢的诗之一 |
[21:10] | Surprising. | 没想到啊 |
[21:11] | I didn’t have you down as a literary man. | 看不出你还是个文人 |
[21:14] | Men of science, uh, can enjoy words, Miss Wren. | 科学之人也可以热爱文字 雷恩小姐 |
[21:18] | My husband loved that poem. | 我丈夫喜欢那首诗 |
[21:21] | I would have liked to have met your husband. | 真希望曾有幸认识你丈夫 |
[21:24] | I’m not sure he’d have liked you. | 我觉得他不会喜欢你 |
[21:27] | Really? | 是吗 |
[21:28] | He disliked people who studied rather than practiced. | 他不喜欢纸上谈兵的人 |
[21:36] | Are we still sure this weather will hold? | 我们仍然确定不会变天吗 |
[21:38] | Because my instinct is telling me… | 因为直觉告诉我… |
[21:40] | Instinct has no place in weather prediction. | 天气预测可不能靠直觉 |
[21:43] | You’re lying to me. | 你说谎 |
[21:44] | Every reading that I took this morning | 我今早的每项读数 |
[21:46] | was quite clear, Miss Wren. | 都没问题 雷恩小姐 |
[21:48] | There are no advantages in concealing concerns. | 隐瞒顾虑无济于事 |
[21:50] | We are trapped here no matter what you say. | 无论你说什么我们都被困在这了 |
[21:52] | This pressure is changing faster than I’d anticipated. | 气压变化得比我预料的快 |
[21:58] | We’re about to get wet. | 我们要淋湿了 |
[22:15] | And so it begins. | 开始了 |
[22:25] | I’m not sure your instruments are much use to us now. | 我觉得你的仪器现在对我们没用了 |
[22:29] | We need to batten down, | 我们得做好准备 |
[22:31] | so please put on your wet weather clothing. | 请你赶紧换上防水服 |
[22:36] | There are no prizes for obstinacy. | 没人会奖励你的固执 |
[22:39] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[22:41] | If you won’t listen to me, listen to that. | 就算你不听我的 也听听雷声吧 |
[22:44] | But not one of my readings suggested a storm. | 但我的所有读数都说明没有风暴 |
[22:46] | Well, that’s what it is, and we’re inside a cumulo, | 但事实如此 我们在积云里 |
[22:49] | which is precisely where we shouldn’t be. | 这可不是我们该来的地方 |
[22:52] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[22:53] | She’s not made of conductive material, | 气球不是用导电材料制成的 |
[22:55] | so we won’t attract lightning. | 我们不会引来闪电 |
[22:57] | And if we are struck, | 但如果我们被闪电击中 |
[22:58] | the gas will explode, so we won’t live long enough | 气体就会爆炸 我们就活不到 |
[23:00] | for me to point out… | 能让我指出… |
[23:05] | Hold on! | 抓紧 |
[23:12] | Get that equipment put away now! | 快把设备收起来 |
[23:14] | These instruments will give us… | 这些仪器能给我们… |
[23:20] | Stay still and keep calm. | 别动 保持冷静 |
[23:21] | I need to get us out of this. | 我得带我们离开风暴 |
[23:29] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[23:32] | We cannot descend! | 我们不能下降 |
[23:33] | This might be our one and only opportunity. | 这可能是我们唯一的机会 |
[23:35] | – Of course we don’t descend. – We don’t? | -我们当然不下降 -什么 |
[23:37] | There are two ways to break a storm. | 突破风暴有两种办法 |
[23:39] | One is to travel beneath it, the other above it. | 一种是在它下方穿行 一种是在它上方 |
[23:42] | The safest way is up. | 最安全的办法是上升 |
[23:47] | The safest way is up? | 最安全的办法是上升 |
[23:48] | Who did you think you got in a balloon with? | 你以为跟你乘气球的是谁 |
[24:11] | Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 |
[24:14] | Amelia! Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 阿米莉亚 |
[24:17] | Give me your hand! | 把手给我 |
[24:25] | Hold on! | 坚持住 |
[24:31] | Hold on! | 坚持住 |
[24:36] | Take my hand! Take my hand! | 抓住我的手 抓住我的手 |
[24:39] | One! | 一 |
[24:41] | Two! | 二 |
[24:43] | Three! | 三 |
[25:09] | – You all right? – Yes. | -你还好吗 -还好 |
[25:40] | Hold on! | 抓紧 |
[25:42] | It’s not over yet. | 还没结束 |
[27:12] | A lucky escape. | 幸运逃生了 |
[27:14] | Or a brilliant one. | 或者说机智逃生 |
[27:38] | May I look through your spyglass, sir? | 我能用您的望远镜看看吗 先生 |
[27:40] | There’s nothing to see. | 没什么可看的 |
[27:41] | I lost them when the storm passed over. | 风暴经过时我跟丢他们了 |
[27:43] | I would like a look all the same, sir. | 我还是想看看 先生 |
[27:45] | I won’t steal it. | 我不会偷走的 |
[27:47] | I didn’t presume you would. | 我没觉得你会 |
[27:50] | You have an interest in the air? | 你对天空感兴趣 |
[27:53] | Don’t you wish to be up there with them? | 您不希望跟他们一起上去吗 |
[27:55] | No, I’d be an unnecessary weight. | 不 我是多余的负重 |
[27:57] | All the same. | 但还是想上去吧 |
[28:02] | Some reach for the stars. | 有的人摘星揽月 |
[28:05] | Some push others towards them. | 有的人助他人一臂之力 |
[28:09] | I wish I was up there. | 真希望我能上去 |
[28:11] | You’re not afraid of the clouds? | 你不怕云吗 |
[28:13] | Clouds are just water. | 云只是水 |
[28:17] | And what of the birds that may attack you? | 那你不怕鸟儿袭击你吗 |
[28:21] | May I look through your spyglass? | 我能用您的望远镜看看吗 |
[28:34] | I can see them, sir. | 我看到他们了 先生 |
[28:36] | Not possible. | 不可能 |
[28:36] | I-I can see them, sir. I can. | 我看到他们了 先生 真的 |
[28:58] | That’s my entire body weight. | 我整个人都吊在上面了 |
[29:05] | You all right? | 你好了吗 |
[29:11] | There we go. | 好了 |
[29:12] | Now, that should hold. | 这样应该够结实了 |
[29:13] | I hope. | 希望够 |
[29:15] | Looks pretty precarious to me. | 看起来不太牢靠 |
[29:16] | She’s stronger than she looks. | 它比看上去要坚固 |
[29:19] | Right. | 好吧 |
[29:23] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[29:25] | James, you’ll miss it. | 詹姆斯 你要错过了 |
[29:34] | That’s an aureole. | 那是日晕 |
[29:38] | Have you seen one of those before? | 你以前见过吗 |
[29:40] | You haven’t? | 你没见过吗 |
[29:41] | I have in books. | 我只在书里见过 |
[29:54] | I believe you should be checking your instruments. | 我觉得你该去检查一下仪器了 |
[29:57] | You can’t have taken a good reading in quite some time. | 你都好一会儿没认真记录读数了 |
[30:02] | You so enjoy being amused by me, don’t you? | 逗弄我让你很开心 是吗 |
[30:05] | I’m amused by your enjoyment | 我开心是因为你正享受着 |
[30:07] | of something that has nothing to do with numbers. | 与数字无关的东西 |
[30:27] | Have you noticed it’s completely silent? | 你有没有发现这里特别安静 |
[30:41] | Hello…! | 你好 |
[31:27] | Cloud ahoy…! | 云来了 |
[31:37] | Can you hear that? | 你听见了吗 |
[31:39] | It’s a bell. | 是钟声 |
[31:43] | That’s bells. | 是钟声 |
[31:47] | Where is that coming from? | 声音从哪来的 |
[31:49] | That’s horses. | 是马匹的声音 |
[31:52] | So the humid conditions must be conducting the sound. | 肯定是潮湿的环境在传导声音 |
[31:54] | – We have… – That’s the sound of the street. | -我们… -那是街市的声音 |
[31:55] | …flown through a storm, and still London follows us. | 穿过了风暴 但还没离开伦敦 |
[31:58] | This high barometer reading’s phenomenal. | 气压计的读数太惊人了 |
[32:00] | Amelia. Regarde-moi. | 阿米莉亚 看着我 |
[32:04] | Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 |
[32:07] | Amelia, regarde-moi! | 阿米莉亚 看着我 |
[32:08] | Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 |
[32:09] | Amelia, this… | 阿米莉亚 这… |
[32:12] | Amelia, what’s the matter? | 阿米莉亚 怎么回事 |
[32:14] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[32:17] | It’ll soon pass. | 一会儿就没事了 |
[32:39] | I didn’t lock it. | 门没锁 |
[32:41] | No, you did not. | 你是没锁 |
[32:44] | You’re not dressed. | 你没打扮 |
[32:45] | Yet I’m wearing clothes. | 但我穿了衣服 |
[32:47] | And when was the last time you changed them? | 你上次换衣服是什么时候了 |
[32:49] | So you break down my door to tell me to wash? | 所以你撞开我的门就为了让我去洗澡吗 |
[32:52] | When was the last time you opened any curtains? | 你上次拉开窗帘是什么时候了 |
[32:54] | Sunlight ages. | 阳光加速老化 |
[32:55] | I want my furnishings to retain their glow. | 我想让我的家具保留光泽 |
[32:58] | Which ones are glowing? | 哪些家具有光泽 |
[32:59] | The ones, uh, with your food upon them | 是那些你在上面放着食物的 |
[33:01] | or the ones that are covered in your-your dirty clothing? | 还是那些堆满你的脏衣服的 |
[33:03] | I do not need to see it to know it’s there. | 我知道它在那里 不用给我看 |
[33:07] | Well, as much as you might enjoy your self-pity, | 你就尽管自怨自艾吧 |
[33:11] | I’m not here to freshen anything. | 我不是来打扫的 |
[33:13] | Phillip has invited us | 菲利普邀请我们 |
[33:14] | – to a small gathering. – Oh, no, no, no, no. No. | -去一场小型聚会 -不 不 不 |
[33:17] | No. | 不去 |
[33:20] | Amelia. | 阿米莉亚 |
[33:21] | I do so hate how you say my name. | 我真讨厌你叫我名字 |
[33:24] | It’s like a priest imploring me to confess my sins. | 就像是神父恳求我忏悔自己的罪过 |
[33:29] | It’s been two years. | 已经过了两年了 |
[33:32] | Do you really think Pierre would have wanted this? | 你真的以为皮埃尔想看到你现在这样吗 |
[33:37] | That is beneath even you. | 你太过分了 |
[33:51] | I’ll help you change. | 我帮你换衣打扮 |
[33:56] | Come. | 来吧 |
[33:58] | Sisters together. | 我们姐妹一起去 |
[34:02] | And then I’ll let you rot. | 然后我就任你颓废 |
[34:15] | So much easier to claim so | 挽着一个帅气男人的时候 |
[34:17] | with handsome men on one’s arm. | 这么说就容易多了 |
[34:18] | Yes, uh, certainly. Yes. | 是啊 当然 是的 |
[34:20] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[34:21] | Mother always taught me, | 妈妈一直教导我 |
[34:23] | why have one man when you can have two? | 能有两个男人的话 为什么只要一个呢 |
[34:25] | – Please. – Oh. Be a pleasure to. | -麻烦了 -荣幸之至 |
[34:28] | – Will you excuse me? – Bonny. | -不好意思 -邦妮 |
[34:30] | Come on, then. | 来吧 |
[34:37] | Your sister’s proud as punch she’s pulled you here. | 能把你拉来 你姐姐非常自豪 |
[34:39] | Hello, Auntie. | 你好 姨妈 |
[34:41] | She keeps trying to persuade men to take you onto the floor. | 她一直在试着说服男人们请你跳舞 |
[34:43] | And they refuse her? | 他们拒绝了吗 |
[34:45] | I think they’re intimidated by you. | 我觉得他们是被你吓着了 |
[34:47] | How exciting. | 真刺激 |
[34:49] | Still, hard to be the woman that provokes fear. | 不过 当个令人害怕的女人可不轻松 |
[34:58] | Are you the Widow Wren? | 你是寡妇雷恩吗 |
[35:00] | I dislike that title. | 我不喜欢这个头衔 |
[35:03] | But you are Miss Wren? | 但你是雷恩小姐 |
[35:05] | Amelia Wren. | 阿米莉亚·雷恩 |
[35:07] | And who might you be? | 你是哪位 |
[35:08] | Glaisher. James Glaisher. | 格雷舍尔 詹姆斯·格雷舍尔 |
[35:12] | It was a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Glaisher. | 很高兴认识你 格雷舍尔先生 |
[35:14] | Wh-What brings you here? | 你为什么来这里 |
[35:17] | – Here? – Yeah. | -这里 -是 |
[35:19] | The, uh… the selfish needs of a sister. | 因为一个姐姐的自私需求 |
[35:23] | You? | 你呢 |
[35:24] | The mercenary needs of a friend. | 因为一个朋友需要我陪同 |
[35:27] | He needed accompanying in his romance. | 他的爱情需要护花使者 |
[35:29] | She’s apparently worth thousands of pounds a year, | 很明显 她值得让人每年花几千镑 |
[35:32] | so I’m trapped here, just as you are. | 所以我被困在这里了 和你一样 |
[35:34] | Well, we needn’t trap each other. | 我们不必困住彼此 |
[35:36] | Miss Wren, sorry, I’m a, I’m a sc-scientist, | 雷恩小姐 抱歉 我是个科学家 |
[35:38] | an astronomer and a meteorologist, and I… | 天文学家 还是气象学家 我… |
[35:40] | A scientist, an astronomer and a what? | 科学家 天文学家和什么 |
[35:43] | I believe that the weather can be predicted. | 我相信天气可以预测 |
[35:46] | Miss Wren, I need to make studies of the air, | 雷恩小姐 我需要研究天空 |
[35:50] | and I need to be in the air. | 我得到天空中去 |
[35:52] | And I need you to help me. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[35:56] | Do you even have a balloon? | 你有热气球吗 |
[35:59] | Not yet, no. | 还没有 |
[36:01] | – I don’t. – So you make an invitation to me, | -我没有 -所以你邀请我 |
[36:03] | when it is I who should be inviting you? | 其实应该是我来邀请你 |
[36:06] | No, I need us… I need you to fly us higher | 不 我需要我们 我需要你让我们飞到 |
[36:11] | – than any man or any woman has ever been. – What? | -从未有任何男女到达过的高度 -什么 |
[36:18] | Dance with me. | 和我跳舞 |
[36:20] | Dance with you? | 和你跳舞 |
[36:21] | Dance with me, and we may converse more. | 和我跳舞 我们或许还能谈谈 |
[36:25] | Amelia. | 阿米莉亚 |
[36:36] | I presume there’s a game you’re playing here | 我猜你在和房间里的某个人 |
[36:38] | with others in the room. | 玩一个游戏 |
[36:39] | You think I’m trying to make another jealous? | 你觉得我是在让某人嫉妒吗 |
[36:42] | You’re not that handsome. | 你没那么帅气 |
[36:45] | Every man in this room is petrified | 这房间里的每个男人 |
[36:47] | to be seen talking to you, let alone dancing with you. | 都怕被人看到和你说话 更别提和你跳舞了 |
[36:50] | No, I imagine your game is with another. | 不 我猜你玩游戏的对象另有其人 |
[36:53] | – You’re clever. – I’m observant. | -你很聪明 -我是善于观察 |
[36:56] | Or presumptuous. | 或者说是自以为是 |
[36:57] | And there are certain things, if I may, | 如果可以的话 我有一些 |
[37:00] | that I feel safe in presuming about you. | 很笃定的关于你的推断 |
[37:03] | Perhaps that you don’t have | 或许你并没有收到 |
[37:03] | an invitation for tonight’s events. | 今晚聚会的邀请 |
[37:06] | Would that be a fair presumption? | 这个推断还算合理吧 |
[37:08] | On what basis do you make that assumption? | 你是根据什么得出结论的 |
[37:11] | Your suit is two years out of fashion, | 你的西装是两年前的款式了 |
[37:13] | your shoes abominable, | 你的鞋很难看 |
[37:15] | your dancing ridiculous… | 你的舞姿很滑稽 |
[37:17] | I’m leading, you are not… | 领舞的是我 不是你 |
[37:19] | and because this gentleman | 而且这位先生 |
[37:22] | clearly doesn’t know you at all. | 很明显并不认识你 |
[37:26] | Thank you for the dance. | 谢谢你和我跳这支舞 |
[37:28] | I didn’t realize that appearances | 我没想到外表 |
[37:29] | were so important to you, | 对你这么重要 |
[37:31] | and I’m sorry that I don’t live up to this society standard. | 很抱歉我没有达到社交标准 |
[37:33] | I don’t care what shoes you wear. | 我不在乎你穿了什么鞋 |
[37:35] | I care that you’re lying to me. | 我只在乎你骗了我 |
[37:36] | It’ll be your balloon. | 热气球由你指挥 |
[37:39] | All I ask is to be given the freedom | 我只希望能有机会 |
[37:41] | to undertake my experiments. | 进行我的实验 |
[37:43] | I’m not a coachman for hire. | 我不是任你雇佣的马车夫 |
[37:44] | Good, because I’m looking for a fellow scientist. | 很好 因为我在寻找一位科学家同伴 |
[37:48] | To understand the weather, Miss Wren, is to understand | 雷恩小姐 了解天气就是要了解 |
[37:51] | how to make ships and sailors safer, | 如何使船和水手更安全 |
[37:53] | farms more productive, | 使农田更多产 |
[37:54] | so we can prepare ourselves and our world for floods, | 好让我们与这个世界做好准备面对洪水 |
[37:59] | for droughts, famines. | 旱灾以及饥荒 |
[38:01] | We could save thousands of lives. | 我们可以挽救成千上万的性命 |
[38:06] | I want to rewrite the rules of the air, Miss Wren. | 我想改写天气的规则 雷恩小姐 |
[38:10] | And I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[38:13] | So, will you… | 你愿意 |
[38:17] | help me? | 帮我吗 |
[38:33] | Yeah, this seems much more… | 是 这个看起来更… |
[38:35] | You’re punishing me! | 你在惩罚我 |
[38:38] | I’m not sure a factory full of flammable gases | 我觉得这个充满易燃气体的工厂 |
[38:40] | is the safest place for children. | 对孩子来说不太安全 |
[38:41] | You’re punishing me for dragging you | 你在惩罚我把你拖去了 |
[38:42] | to that ridiculous evening. | 那个可笑的舞会 |
[38:43] | No, I am grateful to you for dragging me | 不 我非常感激你拖我去了 |
[38:45] | to that ridiculous evening. | 那个可笑的舞会 |
[38:47] | I’d not made the acquaintance of Mr. Glaisher otherwise. | 否则我不会认识格雷舍尔先生 |
[38:49] | Now, girls, | 姑娘们 |
[38:50] | I believe we have some macaroons somewhere. | 这里有马卡龙可以吃 |
[38:52] | If that is not proof of you punishing me, | 如果这还不能证明你在惩罚我 |
[38:54] | – then I do not know what is. – Not here. | -那我不知道还有什么可以了 -别在这里说 |
[38:57] | I hated you going up in the air with Pierre, | 我当初就讨厌你和皮埃尔上天 |
[38:59] | but why you’d want to go up on your own, I can’t even… | 但为什么你会想自己上去 我都无法… |
[39:02] | With Mr. Glaisher. | 和格雷舍尔先生一起 |
[39:04] | You’re my only sister. | 你是我唯一一个妹妹 |
[39:06] | I do not wish to lose you to any more… foolishness. | 我不想因为这些蠢事失去你 |
[39:09] | You’d rather I found a man prepared to marry me | 你更希望我找个人嫁了 |
[39:11] | to devote myself to. | 做个贤妻良母 |
[39:13] | I’d rather you found a way to make yourself happy. | 我更希望你能找到让自己快乐的方式 |
[39:16] | You can’t just fly away from your problems. | 你不能丢下你的问题一飞了之 |
[39:17] | You have to face them here, on earth, with the rest of us. | 你得去面对 留在地上 和我们其他人一起面对 |
[39:22] | Look, Antonia, I am a really good aeronaut, | 安东尼娅 我是个优秀的热气球飞行员 |
[39:25] | and I want to use what I’m good at. | 我想发挥我的专长 |
[39:27] | Yeah, but you are a highly accomplished woman. | 是 但你是一名卓越的女性 |
[39:29] | You could be good at so many things. | 你可以有很多专长 |
[39:30] | You could have the most beautiful life in society, | 你可以有丰富的社交生活 |
[39:33] | if only you’d try. | 只要你肯尝试 |
[39:34] | And if that isn’t what I want? | 如果那种生活不是我想要的呢 |
[39:35] | Then you have to learn to want it. | 那你就得学着想要那种生活 |
[39:39] | Up there, | 在天上 |
[39:40] | it’s where I have found the greatest happiness. | 我才能找到最大的幸福 |
[39:46] | He was the happiness, not the damn balloon. | 他才是你的幸福 不是该死的热气球 |
[39:52] | Come on, girls. We’re going to be late for lunch. | 走吧 孩子们 午餐要迟到了 |
[40:41] | So, have you been this high before? | 你之前到过这么高吗 |
[40:44] | Only once. | 只有一次 |
[40:46] | With Pierre? | 和皮埃尔一起 |
[40:53] | We have time enough. | 我们时间充足 |
[40:56] | Why don’t you tell me about him? | 不如和我说说他吧 |
[40:57] | Ashamed as I am to not stick | 虽然我很惭愧不能 |
[41:00] | to your conversational schedule, | 遵照你的谈话安排 |
[41:03] | I have nothing to tell. | 但我没什么可说的 |
[41:10] | – Does your head not hurt? – No. | -你的头不疼吗 -不疼 |
[41:12] | I can’t feel it. Sorry, I’m… | 我没感觉 抱歉 我… |
[41:14] | I didn’t mean to… | 我不是有意… |
[41:18] | What happened to you, I didn’t mean to make light of it. | 我并没有轻视你的遭遇的意思 |
[41:31] | It will heal. | 会痊愈的 |
[41:34] | You won’t have a scar. | 不会留下疤 |
[41:40] | At this height? | 这么高也有 |
[41:42] | Look. | 看 |
[41:59] | Look. | 看 |
[42:07] | He was right. | 他是对的 |
[42:09] | The fool was right. | 那个傻瓜是对的 |
[42:11] | Of all the amazing things. | 那么多神奇的事里说中这个 |
[42:14] | My friend John… John Trew… he made a study of them. | 我的朋友约翰 约翰·特鲁 他研究过 |
[42:18] | So, he theorized, beyond the birds, | 他设想 除了鸟类之外 |
[42:20] | an air current on which only insects travel, | 有一种仅能承载昆虫的气流 |
[42:22] | and I never believed him. | 我从未相信过他 |
[42:24] | And I certainly never thought that we would prove him right. | 我当然也从未想过我们可以证明他是对的 |
[42:31] | Careful. | 小心 |
[42:36] | There she goes. | 它飞走了 |
[42:44] | Where are they heading, do you think? | 你觉得它们要飞向哪里 |
[42:47] | Perhaps they trust the wind to decide. | 它们可能交给风来决定吧 |
[43:05] | He’d have liked these. | 他肯定会喜欢这一幕 |
[43:07] | Pierre. | 皮埃尔 |
[43:16] | My husband was… | 我丈夫 |
[43:19] | the bravest man I knew. | 是我见过的最勇敢的人 |
[43:23] | He saw possibilities others could not, but… | 他可以看到别人看不到的可能性 但是 |
[43:28] | his most enduring quality was a deep… | 他最恒久不变的品质就是 |
[43:33] | and true love for the beauty of the world. | 对世上美好事物的深沉而真挚的爱 |
[44:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[44:06] | Others would have pushed me further. | 其他人会继续追问 |
[44:09] | Thank you… for not. | 谢谢你没有这样 |
[44:14] | I cannot quantify what you’ve lost. | 我无法估量你的损失 |
[44:19] | No. | 是的 |
[44:22] | You can’t. | 你不能 |
[44:37] | Return to your instruments, Mr. Glaisher. | 继续摆弄你的仪器吧 格雷舍尔先生 |
[44:52] | I said return to your instruments. | 我说了继续摆弄你的仪器 |
[44:59] | I shall. | 好的 |
[45:38] | 热气球飞行家与他的新娘 皮埃尔与阿米莉亚·雷恩 1856年9月14日 | |
[46:05] | Is she lost? | 她迷路了吗 |
[46:05] | Wren, isn’t it? | 雷恩 是吗 |
[46:08] | Amelia Wren? | 阿米莉亚·雷恩 |
[46:11] | I’m looking for James Glaisher. | 我找詹姆斯·格雷舍尔 |
[46:14] | You’re very welcome to wait outside | 我们去帮你找他 |
[46:16] | while we fetch him to you. | 你可以在外面等候 |
[46:18] | You see, we have a policy toward the fairer sex… | 我们这里对女性有规定… |
[46:21] | Then I’ll find him myself. | 那我就自己去找他 |
[46:24] | Lovely to see you again, Charles. | 再次见到你很开心 查尔斯 |
[46:31] | Time, Johnny? | 时间 约翰尼 |
[46:32] | 17 seconds. | 17秒 |
[46:35] | Come on, James. Imagine you’re hurtling | 快 詹姆斯 想象你就要 |
[46:36] | towards the ground. | 撞到地面了 |
[46:38] | Hurry, man. Your equipment’s gonna be destroyed. | 快点 兄弟 你的设备要被摧毁了 |
[46:40] | Yep. | 好了 |
[46:41] | 26 seconds. Well done. | 26秒 很棒 |
[46:43] | And you said I couldn’t break 30. | 你说我不能做到30秒之内呢 |
[46:47] | – My senses deserted me. – Miss Wren. | -我失去理智了 -雷恩小姐 |
[46:49] | – This is an honor. – I do not wish to abandon you… | -很荣幸 -我不想抛弃你 |
[46:50] | – May I give you a tour? – …but I’m afraid I must. | -要我带你参观一下吗 -但恐怕我得这么做了 |
[46:55] | Abandon me? | 抛弃我 |
[47:01] | The build is already under way. | 已经开始制作了 |
[47:05] | The largest balloon ever on order. | 订购了史上最大的热气球 |
[47:06] | I don’t want to climb inside the balloon, Mr. Glaisher. | 我不想上热气球了 格雷舍尔先生 |
[47:08] | I don’t want to climb into a balloon ever again. | 我再也不想上热气球了 |
[47:18] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[47:20] | No, no, no, that is not acceptable. | 不 不 不 我不能接受 |
[47:21] | A vast amount of money has already been spent. | 已经花费了大量的金钱 |
[47:25] | I’m sorry, sir. | 对不起 先生 |
[47:28] | I have made my decision. | 我已经决定了 |
[47:50] | Evening, Ma. | 晚上好 妈妈 |
[47:52] | The wanderer returns. | 漫游者回来了 |
[47:55] | – You were due last week. – Yes, I know I was. | -你上周就该回来了 -是的 我知道 |
[47:58] | Sorry. I’ve been, uh… I’ve been having some… | 抱歉 我 我有些事… |
[48:01] | Yes, we’ve been reading all about you in the newspapers. | 是的 我们一直在报纸上看到你的消息 |
[48:08] | Of all the people, James. | 那么多人可选 詹姆斯 |
[48:11] | Women don’t belong in balloons, on show. | 女人不应该在热气球上作秀 |
[48:15] | And she makes such a show of herself. | 而她出尽洋相 |
[48:18] | Your reputation risks ruin. | 你的声誉有被毁的风险 |
[48:21] | Well, you’ll be pleased to hear, Ma, | 妈妈 你听到这个消息应该会很开心 |
[48:22] | that the expedition’s off. | 这次航行取消了 |
[48:25] | It was Miss Wren who wouldn’t risk flight with me. | 是雷恩小姐不愿冒险和我一起飞行 |
[48:28] | Is he upstairs? | 他在楼上吗 |
[48:29] | James, his mind’s been playing tricks on him again. | 詹姆斯 他的脑子又糊涂了 |
[48:34] | It’s got worse? | 变严重了吗 |
[48:35] | It comes and goes. | 时好时坏 |
[48:37] | Tread carefully with him. | 跟他说话要小心 |
[48:44] | Hard at it? | 这么勤奋吗 |
[48:45] | Ethel! Ethel! | 埃塞尔 埃塞尔 |
[48:47] | Oh, Pa, Pa, it’s me. | 爸爸 爸爸 是我 |
[48:49] | – It’s James. – Ethel! | -是詹姆斯 -埃塞尔 |
[48:51] | Listen, Ma knows I’m here. It’s James. | 妈妈知道我在这里 我是詹姆斯 |
[48:54] | I’m your son. | 我是你儿子 |
[48:55] | You’re… M-My son’s only ten years old. | 你是…我儿子才十岁 |
[48:58] | I got older. | 我长大了 |
[49:03] | Now, what have you been… what have you been looking at here? | 你用这个看什么 |
[49:06] | Oh, get away from that. | 你别碰它 |
[49:10] | Pallas? You’ve been looking at Pallas? | 智神星 你在看智神星吗 |
[49:16] | Course I’m looking at Pallas. | 我当然在看智神星 |
[49:19] | Good spotting. | 眼力不错 |
[49:24] | – Here. – Do not pretend that you can see anything through those. | -用这个 -别假装那个小望远镜能用 |
[49:28] | These are the glasses I taught you to stargaze through. | 我教你如何观星时用的就是这个望远镜 |
[49:33] | They’re quite sufficient for some work. | 有些工作用它就够了 |
[49:39] | Your trip. | 你的旅行 |
[49:41] | You’re going on a trip. | 你要去旅行 |
[49:43] | In a balloon. | 乘热气球去旅行 |
[49:47] | Yes, I’m trying to, Pa. | 是的 我正在努力 爸爸 |
[49:50] | To see the stars. | 去看星星 |
[49:52] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[49:54] | I used to dream of taking my bedsheet, | 我曾经梦想着带上我的床单 |
[49:57] | catching a gust of wind | 乘着清风升空 |
[50:00] | and dancing in a parachute among the stars. | 用床单当降落伞在星空中翩翩起舞 |
[50:03] | I know you did. You told me. | 我知道 你跟我说过 |
[50:06] | Nothing… | 没有什么 |
[50:08] | nothing m-more mysterious, nor more beautiful, | 没有什么比天空中的星星 |
[50:13] | than the stars in the sky. | 更神秘 更美丽 |
[50:31] | Wh-What are you doing in here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[50:34] | Y-You know the rules. | 你知道我的规矩 |
[50:35] | Not in my room. | 别来我的房间 |
[50:38] | – I-I… – And keep away from that spyglass. | -我… -离望远镜远点 |
[50:41] | It’s very valuable, James. | 它很珍贵 詹姆斯 |
[50:42] | I know it is, Pa. I bought it for you. | 我知道 爸爸 这是我给你买的 |
[50:44] | He’s tired. | 他累了 |
[50:46] | Probably best not to overdo it. | 最好别聊太久 |
[50:48] | Thank you, Ethel. Get this lad out of here. | 谢谢你 埃塞尔 带这家伙出去 |
[50:49] | Yes, dear. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[50:50] | Leave it while you’re still on the up. | 见好就收 赶紧走吧 |
[50:54] | Good night. I will, um… | 晚安 我… |
[50:57] | I’ll see you next week. | 我们下周再见 |
[51:03] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[51:07] | For your trip. | 带上它去旅行吧 |
[51:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:21] | Prove them wrong, James. | 证明他们的愚昧吧 詹姆斯 |
[51:26] | Next week. | 下周见 |
[51:36] | Mr. Green? | 格林先生 |
[51:39] | Mr. Green, sir? Sir. | 格林先生 先生 先生 |
[51:41] | If it isn’t Mr. Glaisher, the weather sleuth. | 这不是天气侦查员格雷舍尔先生吗 |
[51:44] | I believe he prefers to be described as a meteorologist, Charles. | 我相信他更喜欢被称为气象学家 查尔斯 |
[51:47] | Of course he does. Well, best of luck with it. | 当然了 祝你好运 |
[51:50] | As I’m sure you’re aware, sir, | 我相信你也知道 先生 |
[51:51] | I’ve not been able to attract the funds, | 我没有筹到资金 |
[51:53] | either from the Royal Society or elsewhere, | 不管是从皇家学会还是别的地方都不行 |
[51:55] | that I need to fly. | 而我需要飞行 |
[51:56] | It is an expensive preoccupation. | 这是个昂贵的志向 |
[51:58] | I’ve heard that you’re looking to make another balloon ascent. | 我听说你打算再一次乘热气球升空 |
[52:00] | I am. | 没错 |
[52:00] | Well, I would like the opportunity to be your second. | 我希望能担任你的副手 |
[52:03] | I will prove a willing accomplice, sir. | 我会积极配合的 先生 |
[52:04] | I have also strong ideas as to how to increase | 关于如何增加煤气中的氢含量 |
[52:07] | the hydrogen levels in the coal gas | 我也有很棒的想法 |
[52:08] | that I believe might be your unlocking, | 我相信这可能是你的突破点 |
[52:10] | and you might finally be able to break that height record. | 你可能终于能够打破高度记录了 |
[52:13] | Have you even been in a balloon? | 你上过热气球吗 |
[52:14] | I’ve studied them extensively. | 我广泛地研究过了 |
[52:17] | Do you have any experience of frostbite, low air pressure, | 你经历过冻伤 低气压 |
[52:20] | the mind-altering effects of a lack of oxygen to the brain? | 以及大脑缺氧造成的致幻效应吗 |
[52:23] | How else does one learn but by partaking? | 只有亲自参与才能学会这些 |
[52:25] | Exactly what I need in a second: | 这正是我需要的副手 |
[52:27] | a theorist with no ideas about the true dangers of the air. | 一个对天空的真正危险一无所知的理论家 |
[52:32] | Find another madman to get in a balloon with. | 去找另一个疯子和你一起坐热气球吧 |
[52:34] | Uh, perhaps the French. | 也许可以找个法国人 |
[52:38] | Or, better yet, that woman. | 或者不如去找那个女人 |
[52:40] | Good day. | 日安 |
[52:53] | 22,200. | 6767米 |
[52:56] | Do you have faith in these thermometers? | 你相信这些温度计吗 |
[52:58] | 22,400. | 6828米 |
[52:59] | If so, we’re at 21 degrees, and that is cold. | 如果相信 现在是零下六摄氏度 非常冷 |
[53:04] | 22,500. Well, you can note that temperature down. | 6858米 你可以把气温记录下来 |
[53:11] | You trust me to write in your book? | 你信任我来做记录 |
[53:13] | I am honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[53:20] | Have we slowed? Are we not at 22,600? | 我们变慢了吗 还没到6888米吗 |
[53:23] | Oh, so you are interested. | 看来你很感兴趣 |
[53:25] | And now we’ve passed 22,600. | 现在我们超过6888米了 |
[53:27] | – You’re insufferable. – You are excited. | -你真讨厌 -你很激动 |
[53:32] | And that is 22,700. | 6919米了 |
[53:40] | – History will be rewritten. – 22,900. | -历史将被重写 -6980米 |
[53:47] | 23,000. | 7010米 |
[53:53] | We are now higher | 我们现在 |
[53:55] | than any man or any woman | 比任何男女曾到达的高度 |
[53:59] | has ever been. | 都更高 |
[54:37] | Thank you for taking me up in your balloon, Mr. Glaisher. | 谢谢你带我上你的热气球 格雷舍尔先生 |
[54:40] | Thank you for taking me up in your balloon, Miss Wren. | 谢谢你带我上你的热气球 雷恩小姐 |
[54:54] | It doesn’t feel different at all, does it? | 这感觉根本没什么不同 对吗 |
[54:56] | On the contrary. | 我跟你相反 |
[54:58] | This is the moment that I’ve been waiting for my entire life. | 这正是我一生都在等待的时刻 |
[55:04] | I rather suspect I’ve been waiting for it, too. | 我怀疑我也一直在等它 |
[55:14] | Right. Now… | 好了 |
[55:25] | You still think we might not make it back? | 你还是认为我们可能回不去吗 |
[55:28] | I’m just sending a message to Charles Green. | 我只是给查尔斯·格林传个消息 |
[55:39] | 23,900 feet. | 7285米 |
[55:41] | We’re rising even more quickly now. | 我们现在上升得更快了 |
[55:43] | Did you know? Could you tell? | 你能感觉出来吗 |
[55:45] | It’s because the air’s thinner. | 因为空气更稀薄了 |
[55:47] | She’s expanding. | 气球在膨胀 |
[55:49] | We should think of slowing. | 我们该考虑放慢速度 |
[55:50] | So, the air is aiding our ascent. | 空气在协助我们上升 |
[55:53] | Isn’t that outstanding? | 这太棒了吧 |
[55:55] | Surely, now is the time to put your oilskins on. | 的确 现在该穿上防水服了 |
[55:57] | Didn’t bring any oilskins. They proved extremely heavy. | 我没有带防水服 太重了 |
[55:59] | I told you that you needed oilskins. | 我跟你说过 你需要防水服 |
[56:01] | Well, the equipment was essential. | 设备是至关重要的 |
[56:02] | The weight limit was essential. | 重量限制是至关重要的 |
[56:03] | If I’m to get a little sick returning… | 如果我有点着凉… |
[56:05] | A little sick? You-you carry four thermometers, | 有点着凉 你带了四个温度计 |
[56:07] | you carry this strange box, | 还有这个奇怪的箱子 |
[56:08] | but you-you couldn’t bring suitable clothing | 但却不愿意为湿冷的空气 |
[56:10] | – for the cold and the wet? – Keep moving. Don’t stop. | -带上合适的衣服吗 -别停下 继续上升 |
[56:11] | The cold will only catch you if you let it. | 只有向寒冷投降才会着凉 |
[56:14] | We need to go down now. | 我们必须立刻下降 |
[56:15] | Wait. No, no, we’re not descending. Not yet. | 等等 不 我们不能下降 现在还不能 |
[56:18] | The best way to break a storm is to travel up. | 突破风暴最好的办法就是向上走 |
[56:19] | I quote you, dear lady. | 这是你的原话 亲爱的女士 |
[56:21] | Well, maybe the best way to break a cold is also to travel up. | 也许避开寒冷最好的办法也是向上走 |
[56:23] | And which science are you basing that upon? | 你这说法有何科学依据 |
[56:25] | The science that says, with every layer of air, | 科学迹象表明 每抵达一层不同的大气 |
[56:27] | we are traveling into an unknown. | 我们都在进入一个未知的领域 |
[56:29] | So, with every layer of air, | 所以 每到一层新的大气 |
[56:30] | – I believe – we are traveling closer to the sun. | -我认为 -我们都越来越靠近太阳 |
[56:31] | we have already accomplished… | 我们已经达成了 |
[56:32] | So these findings that I am still to discover, | 我还未观测到的这些现象 |
[56:34] | – they could be overwhelming. – You are freezing. | -它们可能会是颠覆性的 -你已经冻僵了 |
[56:36] | Please. What have we to lose? | 拜托了 我们会有什么损失呢 |
[56:37] | Our lives. | 我们的生命 |
[56:38] | This could be more important than our lives! | 这可能比我们的生命更重要 |
[56:45] | Please. I know that you want this as much as I do. | 求你了 我知道你和我一样也想继续上升 |
[56:52] | I’m descending. | 我要下降了 |
[56:56] | Stop. | 住手 |
[56:58] | No. | 不行 |
[56:59] | So, this balloon has defied | 这个热气球已经抗住了 |
[57:01] | every single thing that we have thrown at it. | 我们给它的每一项挑战 |
[57:02] | This is not about the balloon. | 这与热气球无关 |
[57:05] | This is not about science. | 这与科学也无关 |
[57:07] | This is about your war with those who lord it over you. | 这是你跟轻视你的权威之间的斗争 |
[57:10] | And I have fought them, too. | 我也和他们斗争过 |
[57:11] | – This is, this is not… – I… | -这 这不是 -我 |
[57:12] | This is, this is about that. | 这一切都是为了它 |
[57:15] | Look at it. | 看看那里 |
[57:19] | There’s nothing more beautiful, | 没有比天空中的星辰 |
[57:22] | nor more mysterious, than the stars in the sky. | 更美丽更神秘的东西了 |
[57:25] | And look at us. | 而我们 |
[57:29] | We are dancing amongst them. | 我们就在星空中舞蹈 |
[57:47] | You wanted that writing on the balloon, Amelia. | 阿米莉亚 那是你要求写在气球上的 |
[57:50] | “Caelum certe… | 天空如此开放 |
[57:52] | – patet, ibimus illi.” – “Patet, ibimus illi.” | -去那里吧 -去那里吧 |
[57:56] | “Surely, the sky lies open. | 毫无疑问 天空为你敞开 |
[58:01] | Let us go that way.” | 我们朝那里去吧 |
[58:02] | The sky is open. | 天空为我们敞开了 |
[58:05] | It is open. | 毫无阻拦 |
[58:09] | Now, you understand | 你明白我们 |
[58:12] | there will come a time when we go no further? | 最终要停止上升吧 |
[58:14] | Yes, I do. | 我明白 |
[58:16] | Do you understand | 你是否明白 |
[58:19] | that decision will only be mine? | 什么时候停止只能由我决定 |
[58:23] | Yes, I do. | 我明白 |
[58:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[58:49] | Tell me when we land if I deserve your thanks. | 我们着陆后再告诉我 我是否值得你的感谢 |
[58:54] | You deserve my thanks. | 你当然值得 |
[59:11] | Good evening, Miss Wren. | 雷恩小姐 晚上好 |
[59:14] | I’ve made my decision, Mr. Trew. | 我已经决定了 特鲁先生 |
[59:16] | And I understand that. I just wanted to gift you this book. | 我明白 我只是想将这本书送给你 |
[59:31] | These are beautiful. | 太美了 |
[59:32] | They’re pictures of snowflake formations. | 它们是雪花形态的图片 |
[59:34] | A study of the mathematical possibilities of nature, | 对于自然的数学可能性的研究 |
[59:37] | a study undertaken by James… | 这是詹姆斯的研究 |
[59:39] | James Glaisher. | 詹姆斯·格雷舍尔 |
[59:42] | He believes the sky can be understood. | 他认为天空能够被理解 |
[59:44] | Of this I am well aware. | 这我已经知道了 |
[59:47] | He is, sadly, occasionally wrong. | 很遗憾 他偶尔也会犯错 |
[59:49] | He predicted it would snow tonight, would you believe. | 他预测今晚会下雪 你能相信吗 |
[59:51] | But more often than not, he finds remarkable truths. | 但通常 他都会有了不起的发现 |
[59:56] | Travel with him, and you will discover this. | 和他一起乘热气球飞行 你就会发现这一点 |
[59:58] | – I have. – I’m sorry. | -我就是如此 -很抱歉 |
[59:59] | I… I-I clearly told him no. | 我明确地拒绝他了 |
[1:00:02] | He should not have sent you to convince me. | 他不应该再让你来说服我 |
[1:00:03] | He didn’t send me. | 不是他让我来的 |
[1:00:05] | He’d consider me a poor persuader. | 他认为我是个糟糕的说客 |
[1:00:06] | I’m here on my own account. | 是我自己想来的 |
[1:00:08] | You will not dissuade me from my path, Mr. Trew. | 特鲁先生 你无法说服我改变想法 |
[1:00:10] | James believes there’s something extraordinary up there. | 詹姆斯相信天空中会有卓越的发现 |
[1:00:12] | And so this is an opportunity I should not miss? | 你是说我不该错过这个大好机遇 |
[1:00:14] | You misunderstand me. | 你误解我了 |
[1:00:15] | It’s not an opportunity but an obligation. | 这不是一个机遇 而是一份责任 |
[1:00:18] | In this life, few are given the chance to change the world. | 极少数人 在一生中被给予改变世界的机会 |
[1:00:23] | You’ve been assigned a responsibility, Miss Wren. | 而你被赋予了这个使命 雷恩小姐 |
[1:00:28] | You have to meet it. | 你必须完成你的使命 |
[1:00:36] | Enjoy the book, madam. | 希望你喜欢这本书 女士 |
[1:01:14] | 纪念亲爱的 皮埃尔·雷恩 | |
[1:01:37] | 纪念亲爱的 皮埃尔·雷恩 | |
[1:02:19] | – Height? – Height, height. | -高度多少 -高度 高度 |
[1:02:23] | 26,500 feet. | 8077米 |
[1:02:26] | 26… And temperature? | 80…温度呢 |
[1:02:28] | And temperature… | 温度是 |
[1:02:31] | – five degrees Fahrenheit. – Five. | -零下十五摄氏度 -零下十五 |
[1:02:39] | It’s the strangest thing. | 太奇怪了 |
[1:02:42] | So, the higher that we fly, the lower the humidity. | 我们升得越来越高 湿度却越来越低 |
[1:02:47] | There’s barely any water vapor here at all. | 这里几乎没有任何水蒸气了 |
[1:02:51] | There is still ice. | 但还有冰 |
[1:02:55] | These temperatures, they’re unprecedented. | 这样的低温 是空前的 |
[1:02:58] | These are freezing ranges that no one would have predicted. | 这是未曾有人预测过的寒冷温度范围 |
[1:03:02] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:03:03] | And what was that temperature? | 温度是多少来着 |
[1:03:05] | Five degrees. | 零下十五 |
[1:03:13] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[1:03:18] | Right. | 好了 |
[1:03:23] | Out you come. | 出来吧 |
[1:03:36] | No concern necessary. | 不必担心 |
[1:03:38] | We have another. | 我们还有一只 |
[1:03:41] | We don’t have another. | 这下没了 |
[1:03:47] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[1:03:48] | – Losing weight. – L-Losing weight? | -减重 -减 减重 |
[1:03:51] | A mere consequence of the decrease in air pressure. | 不过是气压降低的结果而已 |
[1:03:52] | This-this balloon isn’t safe, James. | 这个气球不再安全了 詹姆斯 |
[1:03:53] | – And much more severe than I’d anticipated. – James, | -而且比我预计的要严重的多 -詹姆斯 |
[1:03:55] | the-the pressure on the material could lead | 材料所承受的压力会导致 |
[1:03:57] | – to rips, and at… – The coal gas has expanded, and… | -产生裂缝 而且 -煤气已经膨胀了 |
[1:03:58] | …this altitude, these-these rips could definitely be fatal. | 在这样的高度 这些裂缝绝对是致命的 |
[1:04:01] | What are you doing?! | 你在做什么 |
[1:04:02] | We can’t lose more weight! | 我们不能再减重了 |
[1:04:06] | No! | 不行 |
[1:04:08] | Give me the sandbag! | 把沙袋给我 |
[1:04:10] | It is time we descend. | 现在该下降了 |
[1:04:12] | I will not stop because you can’t withstand a little pressure. | 我才不会因为你无法承受一点压力就停止 |
[1:04:17] | Don’t you see what’s happening? | 你不明白现在的情况吗 |
[1:04:30] | James, the lack of oxygen is affecting your brain. | 詹姆斯 缺氧已经开始影响你的大脑 |
[1:04:35] | We’re going to die unless we descend now. | 除非我们现在开始下降 否则我们会死的 |
[1:04:37] | Your husband risked your life for his own recklessness. | 你丈夫因为自己的莽撞拿你的生命冒险 |
[1:04:40] | I do the same, but for science. | 我做的事是一样的 但是为了科学 |
[1:04:43] | You know nothing of my husband’s death. | 你对我丈夫的死一无所知 |
[1:04:48] | It is well known that he pushed harder than he should have. | 众所周知他做得太过头了 |
[1:04:53] | Now imagine that story again, | 再想象一次那个故事 |
[1:04:58] | and imagine this time that I am the pilot… | 想象这次我是飞行员 |
[1:05:05] | that h-he told me to stop, | 他让我停止上升 |
[1:05:08] | that I-I was risking the balloon. | 说我在拿气球冒险 |
[1:05:11] | How bad is the tear?! | 裂口有多大 |
[1:05:18] | The seams ripped apart. | 接缝崩开了 |
[1:05:24] | I… I fought… | 我为了争得 |
[1:05:29] | too hard for my place at the table. | 自己的一席之地拼过头了 |
[1:05:32] | We’re falling too fast. | 我们下降速度过快 |
[1:05:34] | We’re going to die here! | 我们会死在这里的 |
[1:05:36] | We need to lose more weight! | 我们得继续减重 |
[1:05:43] | Come on. There must be something. Think. Think. | 拜托 肯定有办法 想想 想想 |
[1:05:45] | – Yes. Yes. – Think. | -对 对 -想想 |
[1:05:53] | Thank you for giving me somewhere I belonged. | 谢谢你给了我一个归宿 |
[1:05:57] | Keep looking up. | 继续向上看 |
[1:05:58] | No! Pierre! No! | 不 皮埃尔 不 |
[1:06:13] | Amelia. | 阿米莉亚 |
[1:06:16] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:06:20] | Do not… | 别 |
[1:06:23] | be responsible… | 背上 |
[1:06:26] | for the death of another. | 人命债 |
[1:06:31] | It’s one mistake | 你会为这个错误 |
[1:06:33] | you’ll never forgive yourself for. | 自责终身 |
[1:06:38] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:06:44] | Really, I am. | 真的 |
[1:06:46] | Now… | 现在… |
[1:06:50] | let’s get this balloon down. | 我们让气球下降吧 |
[1:06:54] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:07:05] | I think… | 我想… |
[1:07:09] | I-I think we’ve… | 我们已经 |
[1:07:12] | discovered that oxygen is… | 发现了氧气是… |
[1:07:26] | Open, damn it. | 打开 见鬼 |
[1:07:29] | Open. | 打开 |
[1:07:42] | Come on! | 快点 |
[1:07:48] | Come on! | 快啊 |
[1:07:52] | Come on! | 打开啊 |
[1:08:02] | James. James. | 詹姆斯 詹姆斯 |
[1:08:05] | – You have to keep moving. – Yes. | -你得一直动 -好 |
[1:08:07] | You… if you lay still, | 要是你不动 |
[1:08:09] | then-then the hypoxia will set in. | 就会缺氧 |
[1:08:12] | The gas release valve is frozen. | 放气阀冻住了 |
[1:08:14] | I… I need to climb up and open it. | 我得爬上去打开它 |
[1:08:20] | Stay alive. | 别死 |
[1:08:23] | Stay alive. | 别死 |
[1:08:26] | Stay alive. | 别死 |
[1:10:15] | Amelia. Amelia. | 阿米莉亚 阿米莉亚 |
[1:10:18] | Regarde-moi. | 看着我 |
[1:10:23] | Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[1:10:26] | for giving me somewhere I belonged. | 给了我一个归宿 |
[1:15:32] | – Should we have heard anything by now? – No. | -现在是不是该有消息了 -不 |
[1:15:36] | We’ll only hear if there’s a disaster. | 只有出事才会收到消息 |
[1:15:38] | The less we hear, the… | 消息越少 |
[1:15:41] | better her chances. | 她生还的概率越大 |
[1:15:45] | – Then we pray for silence? – Yes. | -那我们应该祈祷没有消息 -对 |
[1:15:48] | Pray for silence. | 祈祷没有消息 |
[1:16:08] | Still no sign of them. | 仍然看不到他们 |
[1:16:37] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[1:16:47] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[1:16:53] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:16:55] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[1:16:59] | Come on. James! | 拜托 詹姆斯 |
[1:17:02] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:17:07] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:17:27] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[1:18:14] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:18:17] | James. James. | 詹姆斯 詹姆斯 |
[1:18:21] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:18:23] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:18:26] | James, we’ve survived. | 詹姆斯 我们活下来了 |
[1:18:30] | We’re going down. | 我们在下降 |
[1:18:32] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:18:33] | James, James. | 詹姆斯 詹姆斯 |
[1:18:35] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:18:40] | James? | 詹姆斯 |
[1:18:51] | We’re going down. | 我们在下降 |
[1:18:56] | I can’t have this happen again. | 我不能让这种事再次发生了 |
[1:19:05] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:19:21] | Your strange two-tube device | 你那个有两个管子的怪仪器 |
[1:19:24] | is doing something very peculiar, you know. | 现在状况很奇怪 |
[1:19:27] | You’re meaning my hygrometer. | 你是说我的湿度计 |
[1:19:33] | It’s bubbling. | 它在冒泡 |
[1:19:35] | Could that not be significant? | 那不是很重要吗 |
[1:19:37] | It could. | 可能重要 |
[1:19:47] | We’re descending. | 我们在下降 |
[1:19:50] | We are. | 对 |
[1:19:53] | I’ve been… insensible. | 我失去了…理智 |
[1:19:56] | You have. | 的确 |
[1:19:58] | And I think I lost my head. | 我大概昏了头 |
[1:20:04] | It does seem that way. | 看起来的确如此 |
[1:20:12] | Well, come on, then. | 那来吧 |
[1:20:29] | Time. | 时间 |
[1:20:31] | one hour, | 一小时 |
[1:20:32] | 11 minutes and 19 seconds. | 11分19秒 |
[1:20:35] | Height? | 高度呢 |
[1:20:40] | 28,600 feet. | 8717米 |
[1:20:44] | And temperature? | 温度呢 |
[1:20:47] | Unknown. | 不知道 |
[1:20:49] | That equipment’s been lost to us. | 那个仪器已经丢了 |
[1:20:52] | And my hygrometer’s had better days. | 我的湿度计也不太好使 |
[1:20:57] | This is of no great use, either. | 这个也没什么用了 |
[1:21:01] | Our readings on the descent shall be less significant. | 我们下降时的数据不太重要 |
[1:21:07] | Oh, your hands. | 你的手 |
[1:21:15] | So, you didn’t have room for oils, but you did for brandy? | 你没地方装防水服 但有地方装白兰地 |
[1:21:19] | Well, a scientist is nothing without his equipment. | 没有仪器 科学家就一无是处 |
[1:21:22] | Hold out your hands. | 伸出手来 |
[1:21:23] | What are you gonna do? | 你要做什么 |
[1:21:26] | This is gonna hurt a bit. | 这会有点疼 |
[1:21:26] | I’m sorry, but you need to hold them out. | 抱歉 但你得把手伸出来 |
[1:21:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:21:35] | That hurt. | 好痛 |
[1:21:37] | – Is that, uh, any better? – No. | -有没有好一点 -没有 |
[1:21:41] | Worse. | 更糟了 |
[1:21:44] | I don’t know what you did for me up there, | 我不知道你在高空中为我做了什么 |
[1:21:49] | but I have no doubt that it was a great act. | 但我毫不怀疑那是一桩壮举 |
[1:22:02] | – Your poor hands. – Look. | -你可怜的手 -看 |
[1:22:05] | And now snow. | 下雪了 |
[1:22:08] | As if we haven’t had enough. | 好像我们受的罪还不够多一样 |
[1:22:11] | It’ll pass. | 会过去的 |
[1:22:23] | It’s possibly interesting to analyze the melt water. | 雪融化的水也许值得分析 |
[1:23:37] | My sister wanted to know | 我姐姐想知道 |
[1:23:39] | why I would ever go up in a balloon again. | 我为什么还要再上热气球 |
[1:23:43] | I think it was because I wanted… | 我想这是因为我希望 |
[1:23:47] | all that I knew, all that he taught me… | 我知道的一切 他教我的一切… |
[1:23:54] | all that I’ve lost to be for something. | 我失去的一切 都变得有意义 |
[1:24:10] | I need to make sense of all of this | 我得解析出这些 |
[1:24:12] | before I can work out quite what we’ve achieved, | 才能搞明白我们到底达成了什么成就 |
[1:24:14] | but it, uh… | 不过 |
[1:24:16] | it seems that the atmosphere has levels to it. | 大气似乎是分层的 |
[1:24:18] | – That’s-that’s not what I mean. – It has patterns within it. | -我说的不是这个 -它有自己的规律 |
[1:24:28] | Newton said that we build too many walls | 牛顿说我们建了太多墙 |
[1:24:31] | – and not enough bridges. – I don’t want to hear from Newton. | -却没建足够桥 -我不想听牛顿语录 |
[1:24:36] | I want to hear from you. | 我想听你的想法 |
[1:24:48] | All my life, I’ve found comfort in science. | 我这一辈子 始终在科学中寻求慰藉 |
[1:24:55] | It helps give meaning to the many things we can’t control. | 它让许多我们不能控制的事有了意义 |
[1:25:00] | It brings a degree of order to the… | 让我们周围的混乱… |
[1:25:04] | chaos that surrounds us. | 有了一定秩序 |
[1:25:09] | But whilst we may be able to explain the science | 但是尽管我们能解释 |
[1:25:13] | behind an aureole or the falling snow… | 光环或落雪背后的科学 |
[1:25:21] | it’s not possible to account for its beauty. | 却不可能解释它的美 |
[1:25:29] | Together… | 我们一起 |
[1:25:32] | we’ve brought the stars closer. | 让星辰更接近了 |
[1:25:38] | We have brought the stars closer. | 我们确实让星辰更接近了 |
[1:26:00] | Do you notice something about the snow? | 你注意到雪的情况了吗 |
[1:26:08] | It’s not falling. | 雪不是在飘落 |
[1:26:10] | It’s hovering. | 而是在盘旋 |
[1:26:15] | It’s static. | 雪是静止的 |
[1:26:16] | Strange. What might be… | 奇怪 什么会… |
[1:26:19] | We might, if we were traveling at the same speed as it. | 我们会 如果我们的速度和它一样 |
[1:26:21] | The same speed as snow? | 和雪一样的速度吗 |
[1:26:23] | The gas, it’s still escaping. | 气还在漏 |
[1:26:24] | Combined with the decrease in pressure, it means… | 结合压力的减小 意味着… |
[1:26:26] | That the balloon’s collapsing. | 气球要塌了 |
[1:26:28] | Quick, help me! | 快来帮我 |
[1:26:30] | Pull! | 拉 |
[1:26:32] | Pull! | 快拉 |
[1:26:35] | – What on earth was that? – My shoe. | -那是什么 -我的鞋 |
[1:26:38] | Probably best not to question it. | 最好不要问 |
[1:26:40] | But if your shoe was up there, that means that… | 可如果你的鞋在上面 意味着… |
[1:26:43] | Maybe we save the thanks for later. | 晚点再道谢吧 |
[1:26:44] | We need to lose weight. | 我们需要减重 |
[1:26:46] | A lot of weight. Now! | 减很多 快 |
[1:26:56] | Come on. | 快点 |
[1:26:57] | The chest! The chest! | 箱子 箱子 |
[1:26:59] | I’ll do it. | 我来 |
[1:27:00] | One, two. | 一 二 |
[1:27:23] | We should lose our jackets. | 我们应该把外套扔掉 |
[1:27:25] | My hands. | 我的手 |
[1:27:26] | Help me. | 帮我 |
[1:27:27] | Yeah. I’ll do it. | 好 我帮你 |
[1:27:32] | Come on! | 快 |
[1:27:35] | It’s not working, Amelia! | 还是没用 阿米莉亚 |
[1:27:37] | It’s not working! | 还是没用 |
[1:27:45] | Climb into the hoop. | 爬到圆环上 |
[1:27:47] | – What? – Amelia, climb into the hoop! | -什么 -阿米莉亚 爬到圆环上 |
[1:27:48] | We need to lose the basket! It’s the heaviest weight! | 我们得扔掉篮筐 这是最重的 |
[1:27:51] | Come on! | 快 |
[1:28:01] | Quick! | 快切断 |
[1:28:03] | Come on! | 快 |
[1:28:15] | That’s it! | 就是这样 |
[1:28:31] | Come on! | 加油 |
[1:28:40] | One more! | 还有一个 |
[1:28:55] | Hold on! | 抓紧了 |
[1:29:10] | It’s not enough! | 还不够 |
[1:29:12] | – We’re still too fast. – It will be enough. | -速度还是太快 -会够的 |
[1:29:18] | Amelia? | 阿米莉亚 |
[1:29:19] | Amelia, what are you doing? | 阿米莉亚 你在做什么 |
[1:29:21] | I’m not sure I was meant to survive this. | 我不确定我是否该活下去 |
[1:29:24] | Amelia, no! Get back down! | 阿米莉亚 不要 回来抓好 |
[1:29:28] | Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 |
[1:29:32] | Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 |
[1:29:37] | Bedsheets. | 床单 |
[1:29:39] | Amelia, bedsheets! | 阿米莉亚 床单 |
[1:29:42] | We sever the cord keeping the balloon in shape, | 我们割断使气球保持形状的绳索 |
[1:29:44] | and then the silk will be pulled up into the netting | 布就会被拉到网上 |
[1:29:46] | and act as a parachute. | 形成降落伞 |
[1:29:49] | – It’s not going to work! – It will work! | -不会成功的 -会的 |
[1:29:51] | I’m not returning alone. | 我不要一个人回去 |
[1:29:53] | Amelia, I’m not returning alone. | 阿米莉亚 我不要一个人回去 |
[1:29:54] | It’s either both of us or neither of us. | 要么都回 要么都不回 |
[1:29:58] | Hold on! | 抓紧 |
[1:30:01] | We hold on! | 坚持下去 |
[1:30:28] | It worked! | 成功了 |
[1:30:30] | It worked! | 成功了 |
[1:30:42] | It’s not over yet. | 还没结束 |
[1:30:52] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:04] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:09] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:13] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:16] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:19] | Amelia? | 阿米莉亚 |
[1:32:21] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:27] | – James! – Amelia, I’m coming! | -詹姆斯 -阿米莉亚 我来了 |
[1:32:30] | James! | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:35] | – James! – Amelia! | -詹姆斯 -阿米莉亚 |
[1:32:37] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:41] | Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 |
[1:32:43] | James. | 詹姆斯 |
[1:32:45] | I was just coming to find you. | 我正要去找你 |
[1:32:48] | Not very quickly, it seems. | 看来不够快 |
[1:32:58] | Can you stand? | 你能站起来吗 |
[1:33:00] | I’d rather not. | 我宁愿不要 |
[1:33:06] | And if I help you? | 如果我帮你呢 |
[1:33:11] | Then I would stand. | 那么我会站起来 |
[1:33:48] | It was estimated | 据估计 |
[1:33:49] | that we rose to a height of 37,000 feet that day. | 我们那天升到了11278米的高度 |
[1:33:54] | Seven miles high. | 十一千米高 |
[1:33:57] | “Two aeronauts | 两个飞行员 |
[1:33:59] | “Have been nearer to the Moon and stars | 比以往所有人类 |
[1:34:03] | than all the race of man before them.” | 都更靠近月亮与星辰 |
[1:34:06] | The Times, Ethel. You read it? | 《泰晤士报》 埃塞尔 你看了吗 |
[1:34:09] | Yes, Arthur, I’ve read it. | 是的 亚瑟 我看了 |
[1:34:15] | My boy. | 我儿子 |
[1:34:17] | James Glaisher’s meticulous recording of data | 詹姆斯·格雷舍尔细致的数据记录 |
[1:34:20] | showed that the atmosphere has different layers within it, | 表明大气有不同分层 |
[1:34:24] | a discovery which led | 这一发现造就了 |
[1:34:25] | to the first scientific weather forecasts. | 第一次科学天气预测 |
[1:34:28] | The fact that I am able to be here at all to present this to you | 我今天能站在这里向你们报告 |
[1:34:33] | is due to some luck, | 是因为一些运气 |
[1:34:37] | some help… | 一些帮助 |
[1:34:40] | and Amelia Wren’s remarkable courage. | 还有阿米莉亚·雷恩非凡的勇气 |
[1:34:46] | So, we tell our story | 我们讲述我们的故事 |
[1:34:50] | not for the purposes of pleasure | 不是为了娱乐 |
[1:34:54] | but for the advancement of knowledge… | 而是为了知识的进步 |
[1:34:58] | and for the good of us all. | 以及造福我们所有人 |
[1:35:15] | We took to the skies in the name of discovery, | 我们以探索之名飞向天空 |
[1:35:18] | to find something new, | 为找到新事物 |
[1:35:21] | to change the world. | 为改变世界 |
[1:35:23] | Come on! I’ve flown in worse weather than this! | 快来 更恶劣的天气我都飞过 |
[1:35:28] | We’ll make pilots of you yet. | 我们会训练你们当飞行员的 |
[1:35:31] | We won’t. | 我们不会的 |
[1:35:34] | But you don’t change the world | 但是改变世界 |
[1:35:36] | simply by looking at it. | 不是只看就行 |
[1:35:39] | You change it through the way you choose to live in it. | 而是通过选择自己的生活方式 |
[1:36:05] | Look up. | 向上看 |
[1:36:08] | The sky lies open. | 天空为你敞开 |