时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Previously on Billions. | |
[00:18] | We got Nancy Dunlop | 南希·邓禄普 |
[00:19] | burning up the track ahead of us. | 在前面遥遥领先 |
[00:21] | – Hoot-hoot! – Hoot-hoot! | -干杯-干杯 |
[00:22] | You are my beau ideal of a presidential candidate. | 你是我理想中的总统候选人 |
[00:26] | I want to talk about how I can help you secure it. | 我想要跟你谈谈锁定胜局的方法 |
[00:28] | Your former man Winston is shopping a new piece | 你们之前的员工温斯顿 |
[00:31] | of risk-management software. | 在兜售 款风险管理软件 |
[00:32] | You will surrender the software immediately | 你要立马交出软件 |
[00:34] | as it is the property of Michael Prince Capital. | 因为它是迈克尔·普林斯资本的资产 |
[00:36] | We know that Wags and Wendy | 我们知道瓦格斯和温迪 |
[00:38] | were also with Taylor, and went to Axelrod | 也和泰勒是一伙儿的一起去找了阿克斯罗德 |
[00:40] | So, if you try anything, it won’t be you | 所以 如果你轻举妄动 受伤的不是你 |
[00:41] | who’ll suffer, it’ll be Wendy Rhoades. | 而是温迪·罗兹 |
[00:43] | With a new leadership structure comes new opportunity, | 新的领导架构带来新的机遇 |
[00:46] | every rung of the ladder. | 对每个阶层都是如此 |
[00:47] | It’s gonna be a bloodbath. | 这会是一场血洗 |
[00:52] | You see, this is the problem | 这就是从敌人名单上 |
[00:53] | with squaring away your enemies list. | 划名字的后果 |
[00:55] | You wake up all your enemies in the process. | 你把所有的敌人都唤醒了 |
[00:57] | Welcome home, Bobby. | 欢迎回家鲍比 |
[01:00] | Thank God you’re here. | 谢天谢地你来了 |
[01:01] | BL Ain’t that the motherfucking truth. | 可不是嘛 |
[01:04] | Now let’s get to work. | 开始于正事吧 |
[01:47] | I had skin like leather | 我的皮肤坚韧 |
[01:50] | And the diamond-hard Look of a cobra | 外形凶狠 |
[01:55] | I was born Blue and weathered | 我生下来就饱经风霜 |
[01:58] | But I burst Just like a supernova | 但是我像超新星一样绽放 |
[02:03] | I could walk like Brando Right into the sun | 我可以像白兰度一样迎着阳光走去 |
[02:07] | Then dance Just like a Casanova | 像卡萨诺瓦那样起舞 |
[02:14] | With my blackjack And jacket | 带着我的黑杰克和夹克 |
[02:15] | And my hair slicked sweet | 还有我光鲜的发型 |
[02:17] | Silver star studs on my duds Just like a Harley in heat | 衣物上的银星钉饰像是哈雷摩托上的水珠 |
[02:21] | When I strut down the street I could hear its heart beat | 在我沿街行走时我能够听到它的心跳 |
[02:26] | The sisters fell back And said | 姐妹们为之倾倒 说道 |
[02:28] | ” Don’t that man Look pretty “ | 那个人看起来真帅气 |
[02:30] | The cripple on the corner Cried out | 拐角的子喊道 |
[02:32] | Hi, I just tried texting you. | 我正要给你发短信 |
[02:35] | We up and running? Everything going smooth? | 我们开始运营了吗一切进展顺利吗 |
[02:38] | It’s so hard to be a saint | 很难在这座城市 |
[02:39] | In the city | 做个圣人 |
[02:54] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[02:57] | You should have told me you were coming | 你应该提前告诉我 |
[02:59] | so I could’ve had a strong, fresh-brewed cup | 好让我给你准备好一壶 |
[03:02] | of get the fuck out waiting for you. | 浓浓的送客茶 |
[03:04] | O h, I’ll leave. | 我走 |
[03:05] | But first, let me tell you how I spent yesterday. | 但是首先 让我给你讲讲我昨天是怎么过的 |
[03:17] | As per your | 根据你下达的 |
[03:18] | “we’re getting out of-slash – poised to get out of… | 撤出或者准备好撤出的命令 |
[03:20] | I have orders at the ready for our traders here | 我已经准备好命令 开盘之后 |
[03:22] | to start unloading at the opening bell, but — | 就让我们的交易员出售资产但是 |
[03:24] | – Copy. – You can’t copy | -收到-如果还有”但是’ |
[03:25] | while there’s a “but ” out there. | 那就不能说收到 |
[03:27] | The but says, ” Don’t copy yet, there’s more to discuss.” | “但是”说明 别急着确认 还有事情要讨论 |
[03:28] | And the word “order,” which you used, | 你刚才所用的词命令 |
[03:30] | says there’s nothing left to discuss. | 说明没有什么可以讨论了 |
[03:31] | It’s the rock, paper and scissors | 令行禁止 |
[03:32] | of organizational structure. Get it done. | 去办好 |
[03:35] | You need to hear that we are going to take a real hit, | 你必须知道 我们会受到严重冲击 |
[03:36] | optics-wise and wallet-wise. We will look scared | 不管是舆论方面还是资产方面 我们会显得胆怯 |
[03:39] | We are scared. Or at least on guard, as is appropriate. | 我们就是胆怯 至少得提高防备 这也是合适的反应 |
[03:42] | There could be lawsuits from our investors and LPs. | 这可能会招致投资人还有有限合伙人的诉讼 |
[03:44] | Spyros and Sacker have both flagged | 斯派罗还有赛克都警告说 |
[03:45] | possible legal liability if we really dump | 如果我们大规模清仓遭受亏损 |
[03:47] | out of this stuff too quickly and take losses. | 可能会引发法律问题 |
[03:49] | I understand all that, and will deal with it when and if. | 我了解 出现问题了我会去解决 |
[03:51] | So, yeah, you really have to tell me to push the button and — | 所以 你真的要我按下按钮 |
[03:55] | I did. That’s what I said | 对我之前就是这么说的 |
[03:57] | In the heat of the moment, sure. | 当时一时情急 |
[03:58] | But now, in the calm of the after, | 但是现在 事后冷静下来 |
[03:59] | maybe we do some deep-breathing exercises, | 也许我们可以做一做深呼吸 |
[04:01] | get that oxygenated blood to sort of set our somatics | 用富氧血液让身心 |
[04:04] | back to normal, and then review the decision | 恢复常态 反思一下 |
[04:06] | to basically have a Kor vettes-level | 像廉价连锁商店一样 |
[04:07] | “everything must go ” kind of fire sale. | 清仓甩卖的决定 |
[04:09] | Somatic system, limbic system, | 体动神经 边缘系统 |
[04:10] | brain waves all functioning well. | 脑电波全都正常 |
[04:12] | I had to push aside all the emotional pain | 我必须搁置这一举动引发的所有感情上的不舍 |
[04:14] | associated with this move to get to a place of pure rationality. | 来达到纯粹的理性 |
[04:17] | This is not a rash decision. It’s reasoned. | 这不是一时冲动 是有前因后果的 |
[04:19] | I know, because I don’t want to do it. | 我知道 因为我不想要做 |
[04:21] | – I don’t want to do it. – You do. | 我不想要做-你想 一 |
[04:23] | Leadership is pumping the brakes on “want “ | 领导要求忽视个人意愿 |
[04:25] | and putting pedal to the floor on that which needs to be done. | 全力执行必须要做的事情 |
[04:27] | You will structure the liquidation | 你来组织清算 |
[04:29] | and execute it at the open. | 在开盘时执行 |
[04:33] | I will. | 我会的 |
[04:36] | Yes. Okay. | 行好 |
[04:37] | Give me specifics. What can we keep? | 把具体要求告诉我 我们能留下什么 |
[04:39] | You can’t keep anything. Get us flat. | 你什么都不能留清仓 |
[04:41] | Everything becomes cash, | 全部资产变现 |
[04:43] | and exposure to Axelrod and his attacks goes to zero. | 暴露给阿克斯罗德攻击的资产就会归零 |
[04:47] | This is a guy who’s strip-mined towns, | 这个人夷平过城镇 |
[04:50] | knocked out prominent families, | 让名门显贵出局 |
[04:52] | taken over boards, blown up firms, | 接管过董事会 摧毁过公司 |
[04:54] | sabotaged thriving companies. | 让前景无量的公司中道崩阻 |
[04:56] | Killed my ambassador ship. | 还把我出任大使的机会搞没了 |
[04:57] | zero. | 暴露 即清零 |
[05:00] | And that’s not even considering Rhoades | 这还没有把罗兹还有 |
[05:01] | and all the crud he has the capacity to do to us. | 他能做出来的缺德事算进去 |
[05:03] | No, will stay out unless and until we are bulletproof. | 不在我们确认我们刀枪不入之前不进入市场 |
[05:05] | Only after we establish completely favorable conditions | 只有在我们建立了完全合适的条件之后 |
[05:09] | do we plow back in. | 我们再行入场 |
[05:23] | Jumping out in front of it, like Sauce Gardner. | 像索斯·加德纳一样先发制人 |
[05:25] | If you think I’m stopping there, you don’t know me. | 如果你觉得我会就此停手 那你就是不了解我 |
[05:27] | Oh, I know you. I watch close. | 我了解你 我密切关注着你 |
[05:29] | Yeah, I would imagine you do. | 对我猜你就会这么做 |
[05:32] | Which is why I was watching everything. | 所以我本人也在眼观六路 |
[05:34] | All my people. All the things they do. | 留意我的员工 他们的动向 |
[05:36] | Everything | 事无巨细 |
[05:37] | Yeah. You said. | 对 你说过了 |
[05:41] | I guess it’s always important to keep a close eye | 在你的手下跟着你是出于被逼无奈的情况下 |
[05:43] | when your people are really your kidnap victims | 眼睛确实得看紧一点 |
[05:46] | No, Axe, not a close eye. | 阿克斯 不止我一双眼睛 不 |
[05:47] | A thousand eyes and ears, | 成千上万的耳目 |
[05:49] | and the software to make sense of it all. | 还有整理数据的软件 |
[05:52] | I stepped it up before I got on that plane to come see you | 我在上飞机去见你之前 就加强了防范 |
[05:55] | He’s back, as you can see. We are back. | 他回来了 如你们所见 我们回来了 |
[05:57] | Already up and running. | 已经开始运营了 |
[05:59] | I don’t have to pitch you the feeling of coming home, do I? | 用不着让我用回归故里的感觉来向你们推销吧 |
[06:02] | I can see on your faces | 我能从你们的脸上看出来 |
[06:03] | the effect is already hitting you. | 你们已经感觉到了 |
[06:05] | Yeah. Emotions are present, no doubt. | 对确实百感交集没错 |
[06:09] | Strong pull to join forces again, | 想要回来的意愿很强烈 |
[06:10] | but there are other forces at play | 但是还有其他因素 |
[06:14] | Even more powerful | 更加重要的因素 |
[06:15] | Fucking feelings can’t run this show. | 不能单凭感情用事 |
[06:18] | If they did, I’d be all day coaching middle school baseball. | 如果可以的话 我就去中学当棒球教练了 |
[06:20] | You’ll have time to if you stay with Prince. | 如果你继续站普林斯 你会有时间做教练的 |
[06:23] | Nothing else for you to do | 你没别的事情可做 |
[06:25] | He’s pulling out of everything | 他清算了所有资产 |
[06:27] | How much did he consult you about that? | 他向你们征求了什么意见 |
[06:28] | How much control do you really have? | 你们有多少掌控权 |
[06:30] | How much do you want to be able to control your destiny? | 你们有多想掌控白己的命运 |
[06:33] | I control my destiny. We all do. | 我掌控白己的命运 我们都是 |
[06:36] | By staying at a place that isn’t even making trades? | 留在一个不能做交易的地方能白己做主 |
[06:38] | A money market account, not a hedge fund? | 只剩货币市场存款账户没了对冲基金 |
[06:41] | We can’t do what you did. | 我们不能都像你一样 |
[06:42] | We can’t leave all we worked for at risk, | 我们不能拿我们的心血冒险 |
[06:44] | gate d at a place we’ve alienated. | 把资产丢在一个被我们疏远的地方 |
[06:46] | You can. You just get past the money. | 你们可以 你们可以放下金钱 |
[06:50] | You remember that risking it all is what animates you. | 你们还记得孤注 郑让你们充满活力 |
[06:53] | It is all that animates you. Or it used to. | 这是驱动你们的唯一动力或者之前是这样 |
[06:57] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[07:00] | You were never just about the money. | 你从来都不是只为了钱 |
[07:02] | 田 | |
[07:07] | Me, 20 years ago, would have said fuck yes. | 我换作二十年前 我就答应了 |
[07:10] | But now? | 但是现在 |
[07:11] | I am too old. | 我年纪太大了 |
[07:13] | Don’t go full Murtaugh. | 不要像致命武器里的警探那样认怂 |
[07:14] | It’s too depressing from former warriors. | 这种话从老战士嘴里说出来太丧气 |
[07:18] | Not being willing to lose | 不愿意失去 |
[07:19] | everything I’ve made | 我所创造的成果 |
[07:21] | isn’t the same as retirement. | 不代表就是挂靴养老 |
[07:22] | And Axe’l l understand. | 阿克斯会理解的 |
[07:24] | He fucking taught us to play the best hand | 他教会我们打出最好的牌 |
[07:26] | to make the most money. | 赚最多的钱 |
[07:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:30] | We’re there now, at Prince Capital. | 我们现在是那边的人了在普林斯资本那边 |
[07:32] | All our money, our whole fucking future. | 我们的所有资产 未来 |
[07:35] | We gotta make this thing crush | 我们得为公司着想 |
[07:37] | Whethe r or ngt he becomes president, | 不管他成不成为总统 |
[07:39] | our money is still on board there. | 我们的钱都还在那边 |
[08:02] | It’s a really nice office. | 办公室很漂亮 |
[08:45] | We need Nancy Dunlop | 我们需要南希·邓禄普 |
[08:47] | Do we? | 是吗 |
[08:48] | I took her out at The Owl. | 我们在夜亲营地打败了她 |
[08:50] | Yes, and you got Fourth Pike’s support. | 对 你得到了派克四世的支持 |
[08:51] | But the rest of the country, the parts that love her, | 但是国内其他地区喜欢她的地区 |
[08:53] | weren’t privy to that. | 并不知晓这个决定 |
[08:55] | Next step, now that she’s beaten | 下一步 既然她已经被打败了 |
[08:56] | is for her to publicly declare she’s with you. | 就该让她公开表示支持你 |
[09:00] | I need the investment stuff here resolved first. | 我得先把投资的事情解决了 |
[09:03] | But, uh, I get that you’re jonesing pretty hard over this | 但是我理解你迫切希望促成这件事 |
[09:06] | – so lay it out. – Okay. | 铺开讲讲-好的 |
[09:07] | First of all, she’s in New York | 首先 她在纽约 |
[09:09] | And if you win her over, | 如果你把她争取过来 |
[09:10] | Dunlop turns her organization over to us. | 邓禄普她的组织机构转向我们 |
[09:12] | That means her field operatives around the country | 这就意味着她在全国各地的外勤人员 |
[09:14] | and the voter data. | 还有选票的转移 |
[09:16] | We get Montana and likely the other Western states. | 我们能够拿下蒙大拿还有其他西部各州 |
[09:18] | This is the leading Democrat giving you her troops | 这意味着领衔的民主党候选人把团队和 |
[09:22] | and her endorsement. | 背书给你 |
[09:23] | Email lists, donor lists, | 电邮名单 捐助者名单 |
[09:25] | dark money orgs, links to unions, | 秘密资金组织 工会的人脉 |
[09:26] | lefty groups, grassroots. | 左翼团体 草根支持 |
[09:28] | The keys to the whole candy store. | 就相当于把糖果店的钥匙交给你 |
[09:30] | That’s right. We wouldn’t have to build and stock our own. | 没错 我们就不需要自己开店囤货了 |
[09:32] | And once you have all that, | 只要你掌握了这些 |
[09:34] | you are the presumptive candidate. | 你就会成为优势候选人 |
[09:36] | The front-runner. | 领先者 |
[09:37] | The presidential intelligence briefings start, | 会有人来给你做总统情报简报 |
[09:39] | which will make you, for all intents and purposes, | 让你成为实际意义上的 |
[09:41] | the heir apparent. | 顺位继承人 |
[09:42] | First time in the modern age | 这会是历史上首次 |
[09:44] | an independent candidate would be in that perch. | 由独立候选人担任总统 |
[09:48] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[09:49] | Book her for dinner, but I’m not doing anything | 约她共进晚餐但是 |
[09:51] | until the money is taken care of here | 资金的问题不解决 我不会采取任何行动 |
[10:04] | I’ll say this for you, Axe. | 我承认一点 阿克斯 |
[10:06] | You trained Dollar Bill and Victor well. | 你把美元大亨和维克托调教得不错 |
[10:08] | They did the right thing | 他们做了正确的事情 |
[10:10] | like Henry Hill after the Air France heist. | 像法航劫案发生之后的亨利·希尔一样 |
[10:12] | They paid tribute. They kicked up. | 他们表示致敬 甚至更上一层楼 |
[10:15] | The important thing is we said no. | 重要的是我们拒绝了 |
[10:18] | Unequivocally. To Axe. | 明确拒绝了阿克斯 |
[10:21] | We hardly even heard him out. | 我们没听他说完 |
[10:23] | Axe approached you, you rebuffed him. | 阿克斯找过你们 你们拒绝了他 |
[10:24] | This is the thing? | 是这样吗 |
[10:26] | – His proxy, yes. – Taylor. | 一是 他的代理人找到我们-泰勒 |
[10:27] | Way we figure it, this is the rocket ship we want to be on. | 但我们认为 我们想坐你这艘火箭 |
[10:30] | And they came right to me. | 他们是直接来找的我 |
[10:32] | Didn’t waffle. Didn’t evade. | 直奔主题 没有逃避 |
[10:33] | Didn’t make us go to them. Same with Rian. | 没逼我们去找他们 莱恩那边也一样 |
[10:35] | She emailed, though, | 不过她发了邮件 |
[10:36] | said she’s not in a talking mood. | 她说她现在没心情谈 |
[10:45] | Good. These are the trusted s. | 好这些是能信任的人 |
[10:47] | You all are. | 你们都是 |
[10:48] | So start finding me base hit trades. | 去给我找些安打交易吧 |
[10:50] | Singles and doubles only, with predefined exits. | 先找那些一垒二垒 并且有预先出口的股票 |
[10:53] | When we go back in, it’ll be a big, concerted move. | 我们再次入场时 要一起放一个大招 |
[10:55] | Only moves worth making | 只做值得做的交易 |
[10:57] | I’ve got some ideas, stuff I’m looking at. | 我已经有些想法了 正在看 |
[10:59] | – We start with — – But not yet. | -我们先-先别急 |
[11:00] | Not until I’m bulletproof. | 等我刀枪不入再说 |
[11:04] | Prepare. But don’t act. | 准备好 但不要行动 |
[11:17] | How come you two didn’t run to me or Philip? | 你俩怎么没先跟我和菲利普汇报 |
[11:22] | Uh, these — these two are good guys and good earners. | 咆这俩也是好人 赚钱小能手 |
[11:26] | And they were n’t even there. Didn’t go see him. | 他们甚至不在场 都没见过他 |
[11:31] | – It’s true what he says. – But they were invited. | -他说的不假-但是他们接到了邀请 |
[11:34] | You were, weren’t you? | 不是吗 |
[11:37] | You were touched, | 你们受到了触动 |
[11:38] | invited to go hear a pitch from Axe Global. | 被阿克斯的入伙邀请感动了 |
[11:43] | You didn’t report it. | 你们没有上报 |
[11:45] | We also didn’t go. | 我们也没去 |
[11:47] | As Dollar Bill said. | 就像美元大亨说的一样 |
[11:48] | Because your feelings ran so deep | 因为你们对他感情太深 |
[11:50] | you couldn’t bear passing in person? | 甚至无法当面拒绝 |
[11:51] | You knew if you looked upon him you would submit | 你知道只要看他一眼 就会屈服 |
[11:54] | Is that right? | 对吗 |
[11:57] | – Sounds right. – I said it, so, yeah. | -似乎如此-我早说了 所以没错 |
[12:02] | It is. | 是的 |
[12:07] | But we didn’t go. | 但是我们没有去 |
[12:09] | We’re not the bad guys here | 我们不是坏人 |
[12:11] | Nope. You’re not. | 是你们不是 |
[12:16] | But so what? | 但那又怎样 |
[12:17] | Good guys, good earners. Go join a 4 H club. | 好人 赚钱能手 去青年社团玩吧 |
[12:20] | I’ll find more. You’re both fired. | 我会找到更多的 你们都被解雇了 |
[12:23] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[12:25] | These emotions you have can be played in ways | 你们对他的感情会潜移默化地 |
[12:27] | you are n’t even gonna be aware of. | 影响你们的判断 |
[12:28] | You’re a risk to me. Or were. Goodbye. | 你们对我是个威胁 不再是了 再见 |
[12:58] | You understand why Prince had to let Ben Kim and Tuk go. | 你明白普林斯为什么要炒掉本·金和塔克吗 |
[13:01] | I understood what the man said. | 我明白他话的意思 |
[13:04] | Is that how you would have handled it? | 但你会这么处理吗 |
[13:05] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[13:07] | but I saw the logic of it instantly. | 但其中的逻辑让我不明觉厉 |
[13:09] | Do you ever disagree? | 你有不同意他的时候吗 |
[13:11] | If you do, does he listen? | 如果你反对 他会听吗 |
[13:13] | We communicate all day long | 我们每天都会交流 |
[13:14] | in ways verbal and otherwise. | 通过语言 通过其他方式 |
[13:16] | He knows where I stand. | 他知道我的立场 |
[13:17] | And that’ll carry over to Washington? | 这会延续到华盛顿吗 |
[13:19] | – That’s the plan. – You’re good with that? | 计划是这样 -你能接受吗 |
[13:21] | You see him in the chair? | 你愿意看他坐上总统位子吗 |
[13:23] | You have doubts? | 你有疑问吗 |
[13:24] | No. I just like him here, steering this big boy of a ship | 我只是喜欢他在这里 驾驶着这艘船 |
[13:27] | You will still feel his steady hand on the rudder | 无论何时 在你担心船会失控时 |
[13:29] | whenever you fear you might lose control of it. | 都能感觉到有他稳稳掌舵 |
[13:32] | But you won’t need that. | 虽然你并不需要 |
[13:34] | By then, you will be fully ready | 因为那时 你会完全准备好 |
[13:37] | Yes, sir. | 是长官 |
[13:39] | That’s how you feel, isn’t it? | 你也是这样感觉的 对吗 |
[13:40] | Solid with all this right now? | 信念坚定 |
[13:42] | As a slab of Carrara marble, Unc. | 坚定得像块大理石/叔叔 |
[13:44] | And you can get done what you need to | 你觉得能带领剩下的人手 |
[13:46] | with the personnel left at your disposal? | 完成你需要做的事吗 |
[13:48] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[13:49] | Good. | 好 |
[13:58] | Sadly, your move to hire back | 很遗憾 你挖我墙角的 |
[14:00] | your people out from under me failed, | 阴谋失败了 |
[14:02] | like nearly everything you’ve tried lately. | 与你最近的所有尝试一样 |
[14:04] | Not everything, Mike, huh? | 也不是所有吧 迈克 |
[14:10] | Where you headed? | 你要去哪里 |
[14:13] | Call me for the next campaign event. | 下次竞选活动时再联系我吧 |
[14:15] | I’ll live up to my end of the agreement. | 我会遵守我的诺言的 |
[14:16] | Till then, I’ll be bouldering in the’Gunks. | 在那之前我会在冈克斯玩抱石 |
[14:19] | With Derek? | 跟德里克一起 |
[14:22] | Now you’re not talking? | 现在你不说话了 |
[14:25] | Don’t, Mike. | 别这样迈克 |
[14:26] | We’re don’t ask, don’t tell again? | 我们又回到”互不过问”的模式了 |
[14:28] | We agreed to pause the arrangement during the campaign. | 我们说好在竞选期间这个模式暂停 |
[14:31] | That agreement got overridden by certain other actions. | 但这个约定被你某些行动推翻了 |
[14:37] | Tell me I’m wrong | 难道不是吗 |
[14:39] | This can be used against me. | 他们会用这个对付我的 |
[14:42] | It has been. | 之前就有过 |
[14:43] | Which raises the question of who did what first? | 这就引出了谁错在先的问题 |
[14:48] | Not a question I’m interested in. | 我对这个问题不感兴趣 |
[14:51] | So I’m going off the grid. | 所以我会闭关一段时间 |
[14:52] | Nothing will be known, nothing will be raised, | 不会有人知道我提到我 |
[14:55] | nothing will be written. | 也不会有什么报道 |
[14:57] | I’m just gonna go do my thing, | 我要去玩我的了 |
[14:59] | while you continue to do yours. | 你也可以继续玩你的 |
[15:03] | As always. | 一如既往 |
[15:12] | Derek sent a picture. | 德里克还给我发了照片呢 |
[15:15] | Big rocks. | 那玩意儿好大 |
[15:17] | Don’t get too excited. | 别太自得 |
[15:19] | I kept my focus on business. | 我是把精力放在了生意上 |
[15:20] | There’s a matter I need to read you in on. | 有件事我要告诉你 |
[15:22] | But first, did you handle the prior matter? Winston? | 但首先之前那事处理好了吗温斯顿的事 |
[15:29] | ” Bring me my Bow of burning gold : | 把我的金弓拿来 |
[15:33] | Bring me my Arrows of desire : | 把我的欲望之箭拿来 |
[15:36] | Bring me my Spear : | 把我的矛拿来 |
[15:38] | O clouds unfold! | 雾开云散 |
[15:41] | Bring me my Chariot of fire!” | 把我的烈火战车也带来 |
[15:45] | Do I need a bow, a spear, a chariot? | 我需要弓箭 长矛和战车吗 |
[15:48] | Nay, we just need your algorithm. | 我们只需要你的算法 |
[15:51] | You know, Chat GPT-4 can adjust the tone of the words it uses | 你知道 Chat GPT-4可以调整单词的语气 |
[15:56] | to meet the vernacular of the questioner. | 匹配提问者的语言风格 |
[15:58] | Some humans can do same. | 有些人类也能做到 |
[16:00] | Let me try. | 让我试试哈 |
[16:02] | Reviewing contents of entire Internet. | 在搜索了整个互联网的内容 |
[16:04] | Matching your inane turn of phrase. | 匹配你疯批的语言风格之后 |
[16:07] | And, yes, locked in. | 好的 锁定成功 |
[16:09] | Let’s try this : | 试试这个 |
[16:11] | ” So you ride yourselves over the fields | 丫于是 你们横行遍野 |
[16:13] | and you make all your animal deals, | 做出了种种畜生交易 |
[16:16] | and your wise men don’t know how it feels | 你们的智者并不知道 |
[16:19] | to be thick as a brick. | 蠢得像砖头是什么感觉 |
[16:22] | Yeah, that works | 我觉得挺有效 |
[16:24] | Ah, the Tull. | 啊 图尔城 |
[16:26] | Love it, love it, lo ave it. | 我喜欢 喜欢 喜欢 |
[16:29] | Thick as a brick. | 蠢得像砖头 |
[16:31] | Hard no on that. | 行了别比了 |
[16:32] | I can set an after-school play date for you two | 这些有趣话题我可以 |
[16:34] | to continue along these engaging lines, but first — | 安排你俩放学后继续但首先 |
[16:36] | What I’m pointing out is he must be thick as a brick | 我是想说明他若不是蠢得像砖头 |
[16:38] | to ask for what he and you and this place already have : | 为什么来找我要 你我他 包括这家公司已经拥有的东西 |
[16:41] | my algo. | 我的算法 |
[16:43] | No, I got it, | 不我明白 |
[16:44] | but what we need specifically | 但我们现在需要你 |
[16:45] | is for you to reset the parameters on the risk algo. | 重置风险算法的参数 |
[16:49] | Dial back profit as prime objective temporarily | 暂时不把利润作为首要目标 |
[16:51] | in order to really protect downside. | 采取措施保护投资免受损失 |
[16:53] | Yeah, that kind of adjustment is not in the deal. | 好吧 合同里没要求这样要求 |
[16:56] | The spirit of the arrangement we made, Winston, should — | 温斯顿 合同的精神就是 |
[16:59] | I’m more a “letter of the contract “ | 我更注重合同的文字效力 |
[17:01] | sort of guy, you know? So… | 你懂吗所以 |
[17:03] | ” The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” | 文字能杀人但精神予人生命 |
[17:07] | That’s some New Testament shit, you hear me? | 这可是《新约》说的 听到没 |
[17:10] | I see it like this. | 我这么说吧 |
[17:12] | I could remind you of all the various and sundry ways | 我可以提醒你我有各种各样的方法 |
[17:14] | that I could ruin your life. | 毁了你的生活 |
[17:16] | Or I could treat you like a valued, | 或者呢我可以把你当作团队中 |
[17:18] | important and brilliant member of the team, | 最杰出最重要的成员 |
[17:22] | being asked to roll up the sleeves. | 让你努力配合完成任务 |
[17:23] | It’s not about the work it’ll take. | 重要的不是付出多少努力 |
[17:25] | That’s fine. I’m Wozniak on’roids up in this motherfucker. | 这倒好说 我训练这玩意儿就跟玩儿似的 |
[17:28] | Nope. It’s about ego. | 重点在于我的白尊 |
[17:30] | You just said that. | 你刚说过了 |
[17:31] | Ego, which translates into dollars. | 白我这里代表的就是美元 |
[17:34] | The whole thing i s, I am in the process | 问题在于 既然调偏这个算法 |
[17:36] | of careering off of this algorithm | 离不开我的参与 |
[17:37] | and for that to be the case, | 那么我就要让它 |
[17:39] | I need it to be a money-making machine. | 成为我的赚钱机器 |
[17:40] | – Which it is. – I get it. | -事实也确实如此 -我懂了 |
[17:42] | So, what dollar figure would you attach | 那么你愿意用多少钱 |
[17:45] | to the sublimation of that ego | 来升华这种白我 |
[17:46] | in order for us to get what we need right now? | 帮我们得到达到目的呢 |
[17:50] | It’s a seven-figure number that starts with ” Oh, shit!” | 七位数而日吓人 跳的那种 |
[17:53] | That’ll be fine. | 没问题 |
[17:55] | Get started today. Now. | 今天就开始 现在 |
[17:58] | We have a time frame | 我们有个时间表 |
[18:00] | It’s right fucking now. | 立马干活儿 |
[18:01] | That’s not what I’m here to walk through | 我来这儿不是说这个的 |
[18:03] | Well, can it wait? Today is about the money first. | 那能等等吗 今天首先要解决钱的事 |
[18:06] | This is about the money. | 确实是与钱有关 |
[18:08] | I expected Chuck would be strategizing | 我判断查克会跟阿克斯资本的 |
[18:11] | with former Axe Cappers | 前员工制定进攻策略 |
[18:12] | Didn’t know where else | 虽然不知道他们具体的 |
[18:13] | the radar blip would come from, | 攻击方向 |
[18:15] | but I was ready. | 但我已经做好了准备 |
[18:21] | Based on the binder Chuck has so graciously provided | 感谢查克慷概提供的资料 |
[18:24] | we have a pretty good overview of Prince’s private holdings. | 我们对普林斯的私营资产情况有了很好的了解 |
[18:27] | Now this brain trust can lay out an attack plan. | 本智囊团可以制定进攻计划了 |
[18:29] | Best targets in my opinion are the restaurant group, | 我认为最好的目标是餐饮集团 |
[18:32] | the meat-processing plants, clothing chains, | 肉类加工厂月 服装连锁企业 |
[18:35] | and auto parts manufacturers. | 和汽车零部件制造商 |
[18:36] | Hey, do you mind if I burn one? | 介意我抽一支吗 |
[18:38] | Uh, I do mind | 我很介意 |
[18:39] | Whomsoever ordered these, whoa. | 谁点的这个太好吃了 |
[18:42] | Well, it’s Kensington Deli, so… | 这是肯辛顿熟食店的 当然了 |
[18:44] | Hey, let’s lay out how to attack this shit. | 我们看看如何打击这些公司 |
[18:47] | All are vulnerable to misinformation, | 这些行业都易受到错误信息 |
[18:49] | disinformation, false information, | 虚假信息 和假情报的影响 |
[18:52] | all designed to drive the enterprise value down. | 都容易被压低企业价值 |
[18:55] | Once the balance sheets start to wobble, it just gets easier. | 一旦资产负债表出现波动 那就好办了 |
[18:58] | There’s also sabotage from within. | 也可以从内部破坏 |
[19:00] | Infiltrate personnel in to encourage internal conflict. | 渗透内部员工 鼓励内部冲突 |
[19:03] | Disputes among the management team. | 管理团队之间的纠纷 |
[19:05] | Create divisions between employees. | 在员工之间建立隔阁 |
[19:07] | Foster a toxic work environment | 营造有害的工作环境 |
[19:09] | I, for one, know how debilitating that can be. | 我太明白这种打击的威力了 |
[19:11] | It really does lead to decreased productivity | 确实会造成生产力下降 |
[19:13] | and a weakened company culture | 削弱公司文化 |
[19:14] | You sure I can’t burn one? | 你确定我不能点一根么 |
[19:16] | I’ll blow the smoke out of the window. | 我可以把烟吐到窗外去 |
[19:17] | It makes my synapses fire faster. | 这有助于我的突触反应 |
[19:21] | I know that’s not what it typically does, | 我知道它一般没这功效 |
[19:23] | but my doctor says I have a paradoxical reaction to weed | 但我医生说我对大麻有反常反应 |
[19:26] | Your doctor says that? | 你医生真这么说的 |
[19:28] | I mean, she’s not technically a doctor. | 严格来说 她也不是医生啦 |
[19:30] | More of a spirit walker. | 更像是个猎魂人 |
[19:31] | Answer’s still no. | 我依然拒绝 |
[19:33] | There are also poison pill strategies. | 也可以采用毒丸策略 |
[19:35] | Clandestinely encourage unethical business practices. | 暗中鼓励不道德的商业行为 |
[19:38] | – Bribery, you mean? – Sure. | -你是说贿赂-对 |
[19:40] | If you want to get earthy about it. | 如果你非要说的这么直白的话 |
[19:42] | Which you fellas could then investigate and announce. | 你们可以名正言顺地宣布调查 |
[19:44] | And legal entanglements. | 并进行法律诉讼 |
[19:47] | Lawsuits designed to tie up their resources | 诉讼的目的是要在漫长的战斗中 |
[19:49] | in lengthy battles that distract them | 占用他们的资源 |
[19:51] | from their core business operations. | 分散他们的核心业务 |
[19:59] | Amanda, you have a grand jury suit? | 阿曼达 你有见大陪审团穿的西装吗 |
[20:02] | Cause you’re gonna need it. Lots of appearances coming up. | 准备一套吧 你今后会经常出庭的 |
[20:04] | We’ve stumbled upon a whole bunch of dirty companies | 我们偶然发现了一大堆无良公司 |
[20:07] | as you see. | 如你所见 |
[20:09] | You’re going to probably need more than one. | 你可能不止需要一套了 |
[20:12] | Try something without stripes. | 可以试试不带条纹的衣服 |
[20:14] | – They moir é. – And get it quick. | -有点反光-快买一套 |
[20:16] | Grand jury’s open, and we’re going with a long list | 大陪审团在选了 对这些公司的指控 |
[20:19] | of charges against these companies | 列了—长串 |
[20:20] | We expect indictments. | 我们期待能起诉 |
[20:22] | You want me to suit up | 这些案子六个月才能调查完 |
[20:23] | for something we’re six months away on? | 你现在就让我去准备战衣 |
[20:25] | Six months? No | 六个月不 |
[20:26] | We’re announcing these investigations | 我们明天就会宣布这些 |
[20:28] | and coming charges tomorrow. | 以及更多调查 |
[20:31] | All of these companies are owned by Michael Prince | 但这些公司全都是迈克尔·普林斯 |
[20:33] | or his subsidiaries. | 或他子公司的 |
[20:35] | Mm, that’s right. | 没错 |
[20:36] | We hurt the companies, and we hurt Prince. | 伤害了公司也就伤害了普林斯 |
[20:38] | – Badly. – Tag the companies as bad. | -重重一击-先贴不良标签 |
[20:40] | Ruin them without knowing | 会在没有调查清楚事实之前 |
[20:41] | if anything criminal actually happened. | 毁掉这些公司的 |
[20:43] | Do the investigation after the fact. | 这是先扣帽子后调查 |
[20:46] | I plan on using the power of this office to its fullest, | 我打算充分利用这个办公室的权力 |
[20:48] | and I expect you to do the same. | 我对你也有一样的期望 |
[20:50] | Otherwise it is wasted on you, | 不然你就是浪费这种权力 |
[20:52] | and will be given to someone not so easily offended | 我会找个没你这么圣母的人来做 |
[20:55] | You don’t see me clutching my pearls. | 我不是戴珍珠项链的刻板老太太 |
[20:58] | I don’t even own any. | 我连珍珠项链都没有 |
[20:59] | Guys, there is an order to things | 各位 做事情是有秩序的 |
[21:01] | Learn of a crime, investigate, confirm, announce, | 了解犯罪调查 确认宣布 |
[21:05] | so that only companies that are bad actors are hurt. | 这样才不会有无辜的公司躺枪 |
[21:08] | And I assure you we will find crimes. | 我向你保证我们一定会找到犯罪的 |
[21:11] | Fruit of a poison tree called Michael Prince. | 毒果之树就是迈克尔·普林斯 |
[21:16] | You’re okay with this? | 你俩都同意吗 |
[21:17] | We have enough to start. | 我们的线索足够了 |
[21:19] | And I will slumber like a wee babe tonight | 今晚我将睡得像个小宝宝 |
[21:23] | While I will sleep as always : | 而我睡得会跟往常一样 |
[21:24] | deeply, but only 20 minutes at a time. | 虽然深沉每段只有20分钟 |
[21:26] | But, yes, free of moral paroxysms. | 不过心安理得 |
[21:31] | There are thousands of employees at these companies. | 这些公司有成千上万的员工 |
[21:34] | Working people who will not be once we start this. | 我们一旦动手很多人会失去工作 |
[21:37] | When one man rises to this level of threat, | 当一个人的威胁如此之大时 |
[21:40] | that is the way the system must be used. | 系统就必须刮骨疗伤 |
[21:48] | You’re not in law school anymore. | 你已经不是法学院学生了 |
[21:49] | This is the show. | 上场时间到 |
[21:52] | So you have two choices, Miss Torre. | 所以你有两个选择 托瑞小姐 |
[21:54] | You can do your job and write the briefs | 你可以独善其身 写好简报 |
[21:56] | and stand with us as we announce these investigations tomorrow, | 在我们明天宣布调查时站在身边 |
[21:59] | ooo or be complicit. | 或者与我们同谋 |
[22:26] | Is it just us, or are we waiting for the Third Man? | 就咱俩么还是要等第三个人 |
[22:30] | You can almost hear the footsteps. | 我都能听到脚步声 |
[22:32] | What you said. About Chuck showing who he is. | 你说过 查克会露出真面目 |
[22:36] | It fucking happened. | 果然露出来了 |
[22:38] | Tell me. | 说说吧 |
[22:39] | The three of them. | 他们有三个 |
[22:40] | Him and Ira and All erd, | 他艾拉 和埃德 |
[22:42] | they all line up together and expect what from me? | 他们站成一排期待我表态 |
[22:44] | Obedience? Fealty? | 服从还是忠诚 |
[22:45] | I need the thing, not your feelings about the thing. | 我需要的是内容 不是你对它的感觉 |
[22:47] | He’s got a list of Prince’s private companies. | 他有张普林斯公司的名单 |
[22:50] | Investigations to be announced tomorrow. | 将于明天公布调查 |
[22:51] | There’s nothing there. | 但他们没什么真凭实据 |
[22:53] | I may not be voting for your boss, | 我也许不想让你老板当选 |
[22:54] | but he’s as far from a crime | 但要是说他犯罪 |
[22:56] | a s I am from starring in a Black Swan remake. | 还不如说我演了《黑天鹅》翻拍版 |
[22:58] | Don’t have the dance moves? | 没有舞蹈动作的吗 |
[23:00] | My jet é is for shit. | 我的大跳烂透了 |
[23:03] | The targets. And how targeted. | 这是目标和攻击目标的方式 |
[23:10] | I can’t stop these investigations, | 我无力阻止调查 |
[23:11] | or the announcements that are coming. | 和即将发布的公告 |
[23:13] | I can’t stop him. | 我阻止不了他 |
[23:15] | But I can at least knock the intended victim out of the way. | 但我至少能把潜在受害者唤醒 |
[23:31] | So, yeah, I have a source and some documentation. | 对我有消息源和文件 |
[23:34] | I know how Chuck is gonna attack, and where. | 我知道查克会如何进攻 朝哪儿进攻 |
[23:36] | Who’s the source? How close? How good? And who? | 什么消息源 跟他关系密切吗 可信吗 是谁 |
[23:39] | Close. All I can say. | 我只能说很密切 |
[23:41] | Without the specific name, | 但不能告诉你具体是谁 |
[23:43] | it’s hard for me to put confidence in the information. | 那我就很难相信了 |
[23:45] | I understand what you’re thinking– | 我知道你在想什么 |
[23:46] | that Chuck might want you to know he’s investigating | 查克可能想故意泄露给你这个信息 |
[23:48] | to induce a reaction, but I can’t tell you. | 诱你作出反应 但我不能说 |
[23:50] | For the source’s sake. | 为了保护我的线人 |
[23:52] | Nice of you to protect Amanda Torre from SDNY. | 你保护的是南区检察院的阿曼达·托瑞 我很欣赏 |
[23:56] | Shit. | 我去 |
[23:58] | So those footsteps. I wasn’t just hearing things. | 原来脚步声不是我幻听 |
[24:03] | Smart. Trust no one. | 聪明不相信任何人 |
[24:04] | I don’t even know who they’re tracking or when. | 他们在跟踪谁 什么时候跟踪的 我一概不知 |
[24:07] | I just look at what they send me | 我只看他们的工作结果 |
[24:08] | It’s that same prudence that makes me suggest | 出于同样的谨慎 我建议你 |
[24:10] | you sell out your positions even in these private companies. | 从这些私营公司中抽身变现 |
[24:13] | All your private equity positions. | 变现你私人股本的仓位 |
[24:15] | Unless he wants us to do that. | 除非他想让我们这么做 |
[24:17] | Unless that won’t be enough. | 除非不止如此 |
[24:18] | It all depends on how many steps from the idiot he thinks I am, | 这完全取决于他认为我会有多蠢 |
[24:21] | and he presumes I think he is. | 以及他认为我会觉得他有多蠢 |
[24:26] | I-I need a whiteboard. | 给我弄块白板来 |
[24:27] | Dunlop just texted me, Mike | 邓洛普刚给我发了短信 迈克 |
[24:29] | She needs to push your dinner. | 她要推迟晚餐 |
[24:30] | – Tomorrow? -” Heading back home. | -明天吗-我得回去了 |
[24:33] | Next trip should be soon.” | 但很快会回来 |
[24:44] | Herbert Yardley. Know the name? | 赫伯特·亚德利 知道他吗 |
[24:45] | WWII codebreaker. | 二战时期的电码译员 |
[24:47] | And wrote the first great poker strategy book. | 他写出了第一市扑克策略著作 |
[24:51] | In it, he kind of invents game theory. | 书中提出了博弈论 |
[24:54] | Now the example we use to figure this out is the quarterback | 我们用四分卫来举例阐述 |
[24:57] | because in order to defend against him, | 我们为了打败他 |
[24:59] | you need to figure out how many steps removed | 就需要算出他提前 |
[25:03] | from the idiot he is. | 走了几步 |
[25:04] | An idiot quarterback looks directly | 个整脚四分卫只会盯着 |
[25:07] | at the man he throws to. | 他传球的那家伙 |
[25:10] | Now, what do you do if you’re the middle linebacker, Kate? | 凯特 你要是中后卫 会怎么做 |
[25:12] | Jump into the path of the ball, just go where he’s looking | 去看球的路径 跑到他盯着的位置 |
[25:15] | and intercept the pass. | 拦截传球 |
[25:16] | And if he’s one step removed, | 假设他先想了一步 |
[25:18] | if he looks left but throws right each time. | 每次看向左边 但都会投右边 |
[25:22] | – Also easy to defend. – Sure. | -这也很容易防当然 |
[25:25] | You go to the opposite of his eyes and intercept the pass. | 移动到他视线对面截传球就行 |
[25:27] | But — and this is where the idea | 但是 这就是扑克牌中的 |
[25:28] | of un-exploitable play comes from — | “无法利用策略 |
[25:31] | if he knows you’re running this thought process, | 如果他知道你也在思考这个问题 |
[25:33] | he can figure how many steps removed you think he is | 就能算出你认为他多走了几步 |
[25:36] | and he can go eight or nine steps further out. | 然后他可以再走八到九步 |
[25:39] | Chuck is going to announce an investigation… | 查克要宣布展开调查 |
[25:43] | so I sell. | 所以我卖出股票 |
[25:44] | But he wants me to know, so I don’t sell. | 但他想让我知道 那么我不卖 |
[25:49] | But he knows I know, | 但他知道我知道 |
[25:51] | so he doesn’t really want me to sell. | 所以他不是真的想让我卖出 |
[25:54] | On and on. | 无限循环了 |
[25:58] | Now the question is, | 现在的问题是 |
[26:03] | How many is he? | 他又在第几层 |
[26:05] | That’s what I need to figure, right? | 我得弄明白这一点对吧 |
[26:13] | Good. Good. | 妙很妙 |
[26:18] | Sorting out the financial attack he and Axe are planning | 思考他和阿克斯会怎样发动金融袭击 |
[26:21] | He wants all my focus on that flank | 他想让我把注意力集中在侧路 |
[26:24] | ignoring the front where the war is really taking place. | 从而忽视真正交战的正面 |
[26:28] | Shoot. Get back to Dunlop. | 糟糕 回复邓洛普 |
[26:30] | Tell her to be at my house tonight | 让她无论今晚做什么 |
[26:32] | after whatever she’s doing | 都要来我家一趟 |
[26:34] | Demand it. | 是要求而不是邀请 |
[26:35] | She doesn’t leave the isle of Manhattan before we meet. | 我们见面之前 她不能离开曼哈顿 |
[26:40] | That’s what you counted on. | 这就是你的心思 |
[26:41] | Getting me all caught up in your frontal attack | 让我陷入你的正面攻击 |
[26:43] | so I’d miss the real play : | 从而忽视了真正的游戏 |
[26:45] | winning Governor Dunlop and her support. | 赢得了邓洛普州长和她的支持 |
[26:48] | – Huh. – But you see, | 但你看 |
[26:49] | I remembered what was most important to me : | 我想起了什么对我最重要 |
[26:52] | the presidency, and how to get there. | 总统之位 以及赢得竞选 |
[26:55] | I think you know she has n’t made her announcement yet | 你应该知道 她还没正式宣布 |
[26:57] | No, but I think I know what it’s gonna be. | 是 但我知道她会怎么说 |
[27:01] | Do you? | 你真知道么 |
[27:02] | Well, then you should know what I did yesterday, Mike | 我来告诉你我昨天做了什么迈克 |
[27:19] | So this is where the magic happens. | 原来这就是奇迹发生的地方 |
[27:21] | Never could make the elephant disappear when it came to you. | 大象要走向你你永远无法让它消失 |
[27:25] | But yeah, this is the place | 没错 就是这里 |
[27:26] | Though as you know, the usual weapons of this office | 不过你也知道这办公室的常规武器 |
[27:29] | are also coming up short against Prince | 对付普林斯远远不够 |
[27:34] | All right, well, let’s get into it. | 好了 咱们开始吧 |
[27:38] | Do your thing, We nd | 该你上场了小温 |
[27:39] | We’re dealing with an ambitious, | 我们面对的是一个野心勃勃 |
[27:41] | competitive, confident, | 争强好胜自 白信爆棚 |
[27:43] | charismatic, socially conscious strategic thinker | 有魅力高情商 资源丰富 |
[27:47] | with high emotional intelligence and deep resources | 并具备社会意识的战略思想家 |
[27:50] | Jeez, it’s a wonder I even thought | 天啊我竟然回来跟他斗 |
[27:51] | to come back for this fight. | 脑子进水了吧 |
[27:53] | Or even why I get out of bed in the morning. | 我都不知道自己早上起床的意义是什么 |
[27:55] | But he’s morally complex, | 但他在道德上很复杂 |
[27:57] | which means he likes to think he’s more ethical | 也就是说 他认为自己在道德上 |
[27:59] | than those around him. | 强于其他人 |
[28:01] | And he is not immune from engaging | 而且为了实现自己的目标 |
[28:02] | in questionable tactics to achieve his goals. | 难免会采用一些颇有争议的策略 |
[28:04] | That is a slippery slope, and one place he can be hit. | 这点很倒胃口也是他的薄弱之处 |
[28:08] | And he believes in his own infallibility above all else. | 他相信自己绝对正确 |
[28:12] | Something you fell prey to | 你上次与他过招 |
[28:14] | that last time you tangled with the man. | 差点成了他的猎物 |
[28:15] | I thought my play was un-exploitable. | 我以为我那个策略无法被利用 |
[28:18] | Until you found out that any approach can be exploited | 直到你发现任何策略只要被人知晓 |
[28:21] | if it becomes known. | 就一定会被利用 |
[28:23] | He’s going to cash with everything | 他要把资产全变现 |
[28:25] | Whole Street’s talking about it. | 整个华尔街都知道 |
[28:27] | It’s untenable. | 这种做法维持不了太久 |
[28:29] | He’s probably looking for some sort of hard reset | 他或许在进行某种硬配置 |
[28:31] | to make sure we’re not already in his holdings | 确保资本不被我们盯上 |
[28:33] | He’ll have to buy back in fast. | 他需要马上买入 |
[28:35] | Nobody wants to pay him two and twenty to sit in cash. | 没人愿意付他那么多佣金看他坐吃山空 |
[28:38] | How long does he have? | 他还有多长时间 |
[28:40] | A few days, max. | 最多几天 |
[28:41] | He’ll try to massage his investors, his employees, | 他会试图说服他的投资人手下员工 |
[28:44] | but he smells the attack. | 但他嗅到了攻击的味道 |
[28:46] | He knows we want to hurt him. | 他知道我们想伤害他 |
[28:47] | Hurt? No. Annihilate. | 伤害 不不不歼灭 |
[28:49] | Send his holdings up in a mushroom cloud. | 用蘑菇云把他的资产炸飞 |
[28:53] | You got a way to separate his cash | 那你投下核弹之前 |
[28:54] | from all the people that work there for him | 有办法把他的钱和他手下的人 |
[28:56] | before you A-bomb his shit? | 分开吗 |
[28:58] | You know, the ones you told me you couldn’t abandon | 就是那些你说不能抛弃 |
[29:00] | and had to protect, | 必须保护的人 |
[29:01] | so staying in London was out for you. | 就是那些你放不下所以 |
[29:03] | Those people? | 不能来伦敦的人 |
[29:09] | There is no way. | 没有办法 |
[29:11] | Price of doing business here. | 这是在这里做生意的代价 |
[29:14] | So who wins when Prince loses? | 那么普林斯输了谁又赢了呢 |
[29:17] | The country. | 这个国家 |
[29:19] | The world. | 整个世界 |
[29:20] | Like it, don’t love it. | 行吧勉强接受 |
[29:24] | All right, let’s shift venues | 好我们换个地方吧 |
[29:26] | before your staff come into work and clock I’m here. | 别让你来上班的员工看到我 |
[29:29] | You need some place to work out of? | 你需要一个工作的地方吗 |
[29:31] | I’m covered, Charles. | 我地方够用查尔斯 |
[29:44] | Uh, yeah, I’d say you’re covered | 是这地方是挺够用 |
[29:47] | It’ll do for now. | 至少现在够用 |
[29:48] | Still have my eye on a different space for the long haul. | 但长远来看 我的目标不止于此 |
[29:50] | Sure. | 当然 |
[29:54] | Strength report. | 实力报告 |
[29:55] | I think, from what I know, | 据我所知 |
[29:56] | Prince is gonna try to lock up Dunlop. | 普林斯想锁定邓洛普 |
[29:58] | But she’s not easy. | 但她不想轻易就范 |
[29:59] | We have to set it up | 我们得抓紧安排 |
[30:00] | so she does what we want. | 好让她听我们的 |
[30:02] | Bobby, you need to reach Dunlop. | 鲍比你得联系邓洛普 |
[30:04] | Offer her whatever you can. | 尽可能满足她的要求 |
[30:05] | Make sure she doesn’t do the wrong thing | 确保她不会做错事 |
[30:07] | And what is the overall plan at the moment? | 目前的整体计划是什么 |
[30:10] | Bankrupt Prince, drain the portfolio, | 让普林斯破产 给他投资组合釜底抽薪 |
[30:12] | use whatever we know about the man | 利用我们对他的所有了解 和能搜集到的 |
[30:14] | and can glean to set it up. | 一切信息 把他逼入死路 |
[30:16] | You do know — He does know our money’s in there too? | 你应该清楚 他知道我们的钱也在里面吧 |
[30:19] | Like I told them : Like it, don’t love it. | 我刚才也说了 对这一招只是”勉强接受” |
[30:21] | Pitched Dollar Bill and Victor. Pass from each. | 我联系过美元比尔和维克多 都被拒绝了 |
[30:24] | They love you, but.. | 他们爱你可是 |
[30:25] | That’s the smart move. | 他们没做错 |
[30:26] | Their money’s holding them hostage. | 他们被自己的资金裹挟了 |
[30:28] | Most people are n’t crazy like you, Taylor. | 大多数人没你那么疯狂的 泰勒 |
[30:30] | – And Ben and Tuk? – Too emotional for them. | -本和塔克呢-整件事对他们而言 |
[30:32] | The whole thing. They wouldn’t meet. | 太过伤感 他们不肯见面 |
[30:33] | They knew if they saw me, especially you, | 他们知道在看到我 尤其是你之后 |
[30:35] | they’d just go in for a hug and never let go. | 嘴上说只想拥抱 身体却会久久不愿放手 |
[30:37] | Dumb move. They’ll be canned by now. | 蠢货这俩肯定会被炒 |
[30:40] | You may be aware that the guillotine | 也许你们知道 断头台 |
[30:42] | was originally conceived and fashioned | 最初是作为一种更人道的处决方式 |
[30:45] | by Dr. Joseph-Ignace Guillot in | 由约瑟夫-伊格纳斯·吉约坦博士 |
[30:47] | as a more humane means of execution | 设计成型的 |
[30:50] | Unaware. | 不知道 |
[30:52] | But since we’ve already been decapitated, sans the humanity – | 但反正我们已经被毫无人性地斩首了 |
[30:55] | Lightning quick. | 刀起头落 |
[30:57] | Less likely to be botched than steel or scimitar. | 比钢铁和弯刀更利落 |
[31:01] | So, no severance package? | 所以 没有遣散费吗 |
[31:07] | Consider the mout on to have fallen. | 考虑刀已经落下 |
[31:11] | Detailed data sheets | 这是你们在本公司 |
[31:13] | of every farthing you have tied up in this fund. | 每一分钱的详细数据 |
[31:15] | Also known as what you stand to lose | 同时 如果你们使用讨论 |
[31:17] | should you use or discuss or otherwise bandy about | 或以其他方式谈论在这里了解到的 |
[31:20] | anything you have learned about trades | 任何关于与交易有关的内容 |
[31:22] | and business practices here. | 就会失去这笔钱 |
[31:23] | You know we have aggressive non-competes, | 你知道我们的竞业协议很严苟 |
[31:25] | unless you think we’re gonna bring | 你不会以为我们会去 |
[31:27] | our inside knowledge to Starbucks. | 星巴克泄露内部信息吧 |
[31:29] | Only place on the Street we can still work. | 毕竟整个华尔街我俩只能去那儿了 |
[31:31] | You have aggressive non-disparagement clauses too. | 你们的非抵毁条款也很严苛 |
[31:33] | Should you wind up in said Starbucks, | 你要是真去了星巴克 |
[31:36] | you had better be praising Mike Prince | 也得对普林斯感恩戴德 |
[31:38] | for the chance to quaff | 没有他 你们又怎能畅饮 |
[31:39] | their barely potable breakfast blend. | 他家难以下咽的早饮品 |
[31:45] | Key cards, please. | 请交出门卡 |
[31:50] | And your Nimbus rings. | 还有你们的光轮戒指 |
[32:03] | Find out how long their non-competes are. | 查查他们的竞业期有多长 |
[32:07] | I’ve got to make a call. | 我得打个电话 |
[32:11] | See, I wasn’t exactly caught unawares | 你这些精彩表演 |
[32:13] | by any of your highlight reel plays. | 也没打我个我措手不及 |
[32:15] | Governor, don’t meet with Michael Prince | 州长 请务必在见迈克尔·普林斯之前 |
[32:17] | until you sit with me. | 先跟我见一面 |
[32:19] | Mr. Axelrod, are we sharing calendars now? | 阿克塞罗德先生 我的日历跟你共享了吗 |
[32:21] | What makes you think I’m meeting with Michael Prince? | 你凭什么认为我会和迈克尔·普林斯见面 |
[32:23] | You’re the key piece. | 你是关键的那块拼图 |
[32:25] | Anyone smart can see it. | 明眼人都能看出来 |
[32:27] | And Mike Prince, for all his flaws, is at least that. | 迈克·普林斯虽然有缺憾 也不至于这么傻 |
[32:29] | We all know you’re in New York. Come on. | 我们都知道你在纽约 来吧 |
[32:31] | All right, look, | 好吧听着 |
[32:34] | I took the call because you’re an influential man. | 我接你电话 是因为你很有影响力 |
[32:37] | I like that you get straight to the punch. | 我喜欢你开门见山 |
[32:39] | That’s my style. So I will. | 对我胃口 所以我会来 |
[32:42] | Even if you max out your contributions | 即便你付出了最大努力 |
[32:43] | and get all your fancy friends to do the same… | 动员了你周围的所有好友 |
[32:48] | not sure the association is what I need right now. | 我也不确定会跟你联盟 |
[32:52] | I’m no Wall Street fancy pants, | 我不是华尔街的高级白领 |
[32:54] | so I don’t see how you can help. | 不知道自己能帮上什么忙 |
[32:55] | And I sure don’t see any value in meeting. | 我也不觉得见面有什么意义 |
[32:58] | Oh, I think there is. | 我觉得有 |
[33:00] | Whatever you have on with Prince, cancel it. | 取消你跟普林斯的会面 |
[33:03] | Postpone it at least, | 至少推迟一下 |
[33:04] | and then meet with me so I can show you. | 跟我见面后 我告诉你意义在哪儿 |
[33:12] | I’m gonna go check on the — – Yeah, check on that. | 我去外边看看-对去看看吧 |
[33:19] | How we doing, guys? | -切还好吗 各位 |
[33:21] | We’re doing good, thanks | 都很好谢谢 |
[33:23] | Fantastic, Tommy. | 太棒了汤米 |
[33:25] | I’m liking this new red. | 我喜欢这支新红酒 |
[33:27] | It’s a good one. | 确实不错 |
[33:30] | – All right, enjoy, everybody. – Thank you so much. | -好了大家好好享受-非常感谢 |
[33:32] | Salut, gentlemen. | 干杯先生们 |
[33:34] | Salut. Cheers. | 干杯 |
[33:36] | Salut. Enjoy your dinner. | 干杯祝二位用餐愉快 |
[33:40] | I don’t impress easily, | 我是见过世面的 |
[33:42] | but Rao’s? | 但饶氏餐厅 |
[33:43] | All alone? | 全包场 |
[33:45] | Yeah, well, these are my people. | 对我们老交情了 |
[33:47] | It can’t be that simple. | 不可能那么简单的 |
[33:48] | I’ve been asked here before by my biggest donors, | 我最大的捐资人 世界富豪那种的 |
[33:51] | richest people in the world offering to bring me. | 也邀请我来过这里 |
[33:54] | But I was never in town | 但每个月的第三个星期二 |
[33:56] | on the third Tuesday of the month | 也就是他们家有固定桌位时 |
[33:58] | or whenever they had their regular table. | 我都恰巧不在纽约 |
[33:59] | And, look, you’ve got the whole place. | 可是看你竟然包下了全场 |
[34:03] | Can’t even imagine the cost. | 真是让你破费了 |
[34:05] | Nah. It ain’t about that. | 不与那些无关 |
[34:08] | Or net worth. | 更与身价无关 |
[34:09] | You need to be a person. | 你要跟他们建立私交 |
[34:10] | And have grip with Ron, | 深刻理解罗恩小弗兰克 |
[34:12] | and Frank Jr., Joe, Dino. | 乔和迪诺在做什么 |
[34:15] | They need to be your friends. | 他们得把你当成朋友 |
[34:17] | Then you need to be sure not to act like an asshole. | 而你需要表现得别像个混蛋 |
[34:20] | Oh, this is one hell of a meatball. Good God | 这肉丸也太好吃了好神啊 |
[34:24] | Well, that’s the thing, though, isn’t it? | 这就是重点不是吗 |
[34:27] | Riding with me. | 与我同行 |
[34:29] | What do they say? | 那句话怎么说的来着 |
[34:30] | The one thing you will never regret | 把时间和金钱花在 |
[34:32] | spending money or time on | 美好的经历上 |
[34:35] | is a great experience. | 永远不会让你后悔 |
[34:37] | A memorable time. | 一段值得纪念的时光 |
[34:40] | That’s what I provide | 我提供的是这个 |
[34:41] | When I look at you, I look at your appeal | 当我看到你你的魅力 |
[34:45] | your infrastructure. | 你的资质潜力时 |
[34:46] | The memorable experience I want to provide | 我想提供给你的 |
[34:48] | is a trip to the White House. | 是一条通往白宫的路 |
[34:50] | That would be one hell of a memorable one. | 这绝对值得纪念的了 |
[34:52] | Mm-hmm. Then work with me. | 那就跟我合作 |
[34:54] | Respond to Prince on your timeline, on mine, | 按你的计划按我的计划 |
[34:58] | on the way we decide to do together. | 配合我回应普林斯 |
[35:01] | And that’s where this ends up. | 就会收获这样的结果 |
[35:02] | I’ll put you on top in the race, | 我会让你在竞选中名列前茅 |
[35:04] | but you got to do it the way I lay it out. | 但你得按我说的做 |
[35:08] | This is one hell of a meatball, like I said. | 如我所言这个肉丸绝对可口 |
[35:12] | But it’s a long way from there to the presidency. | 但拿下总统之位还有很长的路要走 |
[35:18] | What kind of real guarantees can you make me? | 你能给我什么实质保证呢 |
[35:20] | Well, that’s a fair question. | 问得好 |
[35:22] | What’s he offered? | 他给了你什么 |
[35:23] | You asked me to cancel the meeting | 你让我取消了会面 |
[35:25] | so I don’t know where he’ll start. | 所以我不知道他要给我什么 |
[35:26] | Probably cabinet positions. | 可能是内阁职位 |
[35:29] | But we all know where it’ll end up. | 但结果如何我们都清楚 |
[35:30] | Then let me help you | 那就我来帮你 |
[35:31] | think through all the ramifications. | 厘清所有的可能性 |
[35:35] | Axe, you’re impressive. | 阿克斯你很厉害 |
[35:37] | This is impressive. | 这一手我拜服 |
[35:39] | But this is something I’ve worked my whole life for. | 但为了这一刻我已经奋斗了这么久 |
[35:41] | Then don’t barter that dream to a guy so transactional | 那就别把你的梦想卖给一个交易狂 |
[35:45] | he’ll sell VP for your support. | 他会出卖副总统之位 赚得你的支持 |
[35:48] | And the truth is, you shouldn’t even settle for that. | 可事实是 你不该满足于此 |
[35:53] | Here we go. | 上菜了 |
[35:55] | – Here’s the veal parm. – Thanks, Dino. | -你的牛油小牛肉-谢谢 迪诺 |
[35:57] | – Enjoy. – Thank you. | -慢用-谢谢 |
[35:59] | So, aside from the best veal in the city | 除了纽约最好的小牛肉 |
[36:01] | what can you really offer me? | 你真正能给我什么 |
[36:28] | You’re really doing it. | 你真要这么做 |
[36:31] | Vagabonding. | 浪游 |
[36:33] | Night flight to the West Coast? | 要搭夜航班机去西海岸 |
[36:35] | Or are you going the other way, Prague or Stockholm? | 还是要东去布拉格还是斯德哥尔摩 |
[36:38] | Morocco, baby. | 摩洛哥宝贝 |
[36:39] | Sheltering Sky time. | 去体验《遮蔽的天空》 |
[36:41] | Smoking kief. | 抽大麻烟 |
[36:43] | Do you smoke it? | 你抽吗 |
[36:44] | I don’t know, do you? Or chew it. | 我不知道 你抽吗 还是嚼的 |
[36:47] | Anyway, North Africa, | 总之 先去北非 |
[36:49] | then the Middle East, | 然后是中东 |
[36:50] | then I don’t know where. | 之后我就不知道去哪儿了 |
[36:51] | Good choice. All of it. | 这路线真不错 |
[36:53] | So, what’s the plan? | 所以 你什么打算 |
[36:54] | Go until the money runs out? | 一直漂泊到钱花光为止 |
[36:56] | Because I’ve checked and saw how much | 因为我已经查过了 |
[36:57] | you’ve slowly been pulling out of the fund | 你一直在慢慢地从基金里撤资 |
[36:59] | – Unlike the rest of us. – Yeah, pretty much. | 跟我们背道而驰-是算是吧 |
[37:02] | Time for something else. | 是时候做点别的了 |
[37:04] | May be find myself some | 也许我能找收获一段 |
[37:05] | Kim Gordon-Thurston Moore type heat, | 像金·戈登与瑟斯顿·摩尔那样的爱情 |
[37:07] | but with a better ending, you know? | 但有个更好的结局 |
[37:10] | Not gonna find that at the firm. | 这种爱情在投行是找不到的 |
[37:13] | No, you’re not. | 确实找不到 |
[37:16] | Wait, you’re not here to try to stop me? | 等等 你不是来阻止我的吧 |
[37:20] | I’m glad you’re going | 我很高兴你要走 |
[37:21] | but you left me that book. | 但你把那本书留给了我 |
[37:22] | That was an invitation to say goodbye. | 是想让我来跟你我告别 |
[37:26] | I can’t hug you with this backpack on. | 背包在身 我没法抱你 |
[37:33] | Thank you for bringing me in. For teaching me. | 谢谢你带我入行谢谢你教会了我 |
[37:35] | – I could have never — – Shh. | -没有你我-嘘 |
[37:59] | Two billionaires want to take me to prom | 两个亿万富翁都想带我去舞会 |
[38:02] | and neither of them are getting me jazzed about the after-party. | 但都没引起我去余兴派对的兴趣 |
[38:05] | – Uh-huh. – So, | 所以 |
[38:07] | ya-fucking-hoo to me. | 你太让我失望了 |
[38:09] | Well, I have to think | 可如果阿克斯说的话 |
[38:11] | if there was nothing that Axe said worth considering, | 一点都不值得考虑 |
[38:14] | you wouldn’t have come to me. | 你也就不会来找我了 |
[38:15] | Prince is too smooth. | 普林斯太圆滑 |
[38:17] | Too confident. He’s built different. | 太自信远超常人 |
[38:21] | It’s like he ate the Great Man Theory | 就像吃了一份伟人理论还不够 |
[38:23] | and asked for seconds. | 还要再点一份 |
[38:24] | Well, no argument there. | 这是毋庸置疑 |
[38:27] | But I’m not seeing enough evidence | 但你的人我没看出 |
[38:28] | your guy is that different. | 有多么与众不同 |
[38:31] | Which is why I am here. | 所以才来找你 |
[38:32] | And I am grateful you are, Governor. | 很感激你能这么做州长 |
[38:34] | I don’t need gratitude. | 我不需要感激 |
[38:37] | I need clarity. | 我需要弄清楚 |
[38:41] | Clarity. | 清楚 |
[38:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:44] | Well, Bobby Axelrod doesn’t lie to himself. | 鲍比·阿克塞罗德从不自欺欺人 |
[38:50] | If he says he’s gonna do something monstrous, | 他要说自己能办什么大事 |
[38:51] | that’s what he does. | 那他一定会做到 |
[38:53] | And that’s what he is. | 这就是他 |
[38:55] | A self-aware monster. | 一个有自知之明的怪物 |
[38:57] | If he says we can get you to the White House, | 他说我们能帮你进白宫 |
[39:00] | it’s not to serve his ego. | 并不是为了满足白我 |
[39:01] | It is simply the truth. | 而是这是事实 |
[39:06] | An honest cocky son of a bitch. | 一个诚实骄傲的混蛋 |
[39:08] | And there’s your difference. | 这就是你们的不同 |
[39:10] | Axe has ego, and doesn’t pretend otherwise. | 阿克斯有自我也不介意展露白我 |
[39:13] | Prince wants you to believe he is the benevolent, | 而普林斯想在众人面前做出一副仁慈表率 |
[39:17] | humble servant of the greater good. | 一个为伟大事业献身的卑微奴仆 |
[39:19] | A selfless billionaire. | 个无私的亿万富翁 |
[39:21] | Hmm. Sounds like a punch line. | 嗯这口号很亮眼 |
[39:23] | If success in politics is the ability to seem sincere | 如果玩政治的秘诀在于内心真诚尽失 |
[39:26] | when no sincerity actually exists, | 却能表演出最真诚的样子 |
[39:28] | then Prince is the ultimate politician. | 那普林斯无疑是个终极政治家 |
[39:33] | I hear what you’re telling me. I do. | 我知道你在说什么真的 |
[39:35] | But see, you just said it right there. | 但你刚才已经点题了 |
[39:38] | One of them is in politics, | 他俩其中一个在玩政治 |
[39:41] | and that’s the game I’m in. | 这是我参与的游戏 |
[39:42] | And that’s the game I want you to win | 也是我想让你赢的游戏 |
[39:46] | Long term. | 长远地赢下去 |
[39:48] | And I really know how you can get this done. | 我有真正的办法助你成功 |
[39:51] | It is the one thing on Earth I am truly elite at. | 这是这个世界我唯一真正擅长的事 |
[39:58] | Walk me through it, then. | 那就给我讲讲吧 |
[40:03] | So, you see, we put up some roadblocks of our own | 看到了吧 我们这边也设了路障 |
[40:07] | I can see why you feel good about this, Axe. I can. | 我懂你为什么感觉良好 阿克斯我真的懂 |
[40:10] | But there’s one beat I left out of my own story. | 但我这边的故事还有一节没讲呢 |
[40:12] | I did, you see, end up having my own meeting with Dunlop. | 毕竟 我和邓洛普最后单独见到了 |
[40:16] | Governor, now that you’ve met all over town | 州长把全城的人见了一圈之后 |
[40:19] | I’m glad you decided to find time for me. | 谢谢你抽出时间来见我 |
[40:22] | Well, I wanted to make you the last meeting, | 我安排最后见你 |
[40:24] | so I wouldn’t have to tell you that I’d have to think about it. | 是为了不必对你说”我得再考虑一下” |
[40:28] | – Either way. – Considerate. | -不管怎样 -真贴心 |
[40:32] | Sure. That’s what it is. | 没错真是这样 |
[40:34] | As I am considerate of those I vanquish. | 我对被征服的人也一样贴心 |
[40:36] | No reason to pull a full Angel Reese. | 没必要像安吉尔·里斯那样 |
[40:39] | I like her spunk and fire. | 我喜欢她的锐气和张狂 |
[40:41] | Of course you do. | 你当然会喜欢 |
[40:43] | When I played, I was more in the | 但我打球时更喜欢 |
[40:45] | “just place the ball on the baseline after you score ” mode. | 得分后 重新从底线开始 |
[40:47] | That’s what went in Indiana in the’90s. | 90 年代的印第安纳队确实喜欢这么打 |
[40:51] | Different world now. | 现在的世界不同了 |
[40:52] | Certain things, certain values, | 但某些事某些价值观 |
[40:54] | should remain constant. | 应该保持不变 |
[40:55] | We are n’t playing to an audience, Mike. | 但我们现在没有观众迈克 |
[40:58] | What can you offer me? | 你能给我什么 |
[41:03] | She is tough. | 她很强硬 |
[41:05] | And you definitely got to her. | 你绝对打动了她 |
[41:06] | Sorry to make it so difficult. | 抱歉给你增加了麻烦 |
[41:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:10] | May be we’ve each made it as difficult for the other | 也许我们都给对方制造了太多 |
[41:12] | as we should. | 无谓的麻烦 |
[41:14] | Maybe we try a different mode now. | 或许我们该换个模式 |
[41:18] | Say the thing you’re dancing around. | 说出你一直想说的话吧 |
[41:20] | It’s time to put this conflict to rest. | 是时候结束这场冲突了 |
[41:23] | By way of peace talks. | 通过和谈 |
[41:25] | Let’s call them in. | 我们把他们都叫来 |
[41:27] | All of them. | 所有人 |
[41:32] | You believe we’ve got Dunlop where you want her? | 你觉得我们已经说服邓洛普了吗 |
[41:34] | I believe she’ll do exactly what we need her to | 相信她会听我们的 |
[41:45] | In the old-time y thing, the predominant king would, say, | 在古代 占统治地位的国王会 |
[41:49] | surrender his Northern troops, give back some lands. | 放弃北部一些士兵归还一些土地 |
[41:53] | Because he knew if the war went on, | 因为他知道 如果继续打下去 |
[41:54] | even in victory, it would be Pyrrhic… | 就算打赢了也得不偿失 |
[41:58] | and that he could prevent further bloodshed | 这么做 可以防止双方进一步 |
[42:00] | and loss on all sides by doing so. | 的流血伤亡 |
[42:02] | And what do great presidents do? | 而伟大的总统会怎么做 |
[42:06] | Great presidents, all great leaders, do the same. | 伟大总统 和所有的伟大领导人都是一样的做法 |
[42:09] | Dictate peace through strength | 通过力量来实现和平 |
[42:11] | Great presidents? Dreams of fucking grandeur. | 伟大的总统 神他妈的高贵伟大 |
[42:15] | They should deal with traitors harshly before that peace. | 他们谈和之前 应该严惩叛徒 |
[42:17] | Damn right they should. You should, Mike. | 太对了 你就该这么做迈克 |
[42:19] | Yeah, that way you’ll finally be in charge, | 是啊这样你终于能 |
[42:21] | all by yourself, just like you wanted from the start. | 如愿以偿上位做主了 |
[42:23] | That’s what you think is driving him? | 你觉得这就是他的动力吗 |
[42:25] | That, or the nose-to-ass parade s | 对还有你玩到极致的 |
[42:27] | you’ve been such a prominent part of. | 阿奉承之术 |
[42:29] | Stockyard comment from a man | 一个烂泥扶不上墙的 |
[42:30] | whose mind is always in the trough. | 乡野痞夫之语 |
[42:32] | You’re doing a lot of talking | 你一直在说 |
[42:33] | about strength, Mike | 用力量说话迈克 |
[42:36] | But only the king with the extra armies | 但只有手握多余军队 |
[42:38] | or allies or siege artillery, | 有盟友支持有攻城炮兵 |
[42:39] | the fucking dreadnought weapons — | 有致命武器的国王才能 |
[42:41] | Those are the nukes | 他想玩的 |
[42:42] | he’s so eager to play around with. | 可是核武器 |
[42:44] | Only the king with all that | 只有拥有这些的国王 |
[42:46] | had the juice to dictate terms. | 才有权发号施令 |
[42:48] | But you? | 可你呢 |
[42:50] | You just look like another run-of-the-mill usurper | 你看起来就像个不入流的篡位者 |
[42:52] | scrapping for turf in this room. | 连这个房间的地盘划分都搞不定 |
[42:54] | Hear, hear. | 说得好 |
[42:55] | So you think. | 那是你的想法 |
[42:57] | Now, my information has Governor Dunlop | 我的消息是 邓洛普州长 |
[42:59] | reaffirming her own candidacy for president tonight, | 今晚将重申她的总统候选人资格 |
[43:02] | with a big machine and a lot of backing behind her. | 并有强大的竞选团队和支持者站在身后 |
[43:05] | Mine too, which means you’ll be in a dogfight for the next year. | 我也听说了看来你明年要陷入一场恶战了 |
[43:11] | I guess we’ll soon see. | 我们很快就会知道了 |
[43:16] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[43:26] | Oh, fuck. | 妈的 |
[43:36] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[43:37] | No intros needed. You know who I am, | 无需介绍你们都认识我是谁 |
[43:40] | and I know those of you it’s important to know. | 我也认识你们里我该认识的人 |
[43:43] | It’s been a real kick doing the roundy-round with you all. | 跟你们各白交手我得很开心 |
[43:49] | But I’ve made my decision… | 但我已经下定了决心 |
[43:55] | to not only throw my support | 不仅将全力支持 |
[43:57] | behind our next president, Mike Prince, | 下一任总统迈克·普林斯 |
[43:59] | but to become his partner. | 还要做他的竞选搭档 |
[44:04] | His vice president. | 他的副总统 |
[44:06] | For the good of our country and the whole world | 为了这个国家和全世界的利益 |
[44:09] | Yeah. Like I said. | 我不是说了吗 |
[44:11] | At least you got a decent price. | 至少你卖了个好价钱 |
[44:14] | Governor, thank you. | 州长谢谢你 |
[44:15] | I’ll meet up with you shortly. | 回头见 |
[44:25] | Now, I know what that’s got to feel like. | 我知道这是什么感觉 |
[44:26] | And that the tendency for you, and for me, | 我们都恨不得 |
[44:29] | is to go on trying to destroy each other. | 继续摧毁对方 |
[44:32] | But it’ll cost both sides | 虽然谁会获胜显而易见 |
[44:34] | even though it’s pretty clear who’ll win out here. | 但这会让我们双方都付出代价 |
[44:38] | Which is why I propose a peace treaty | 因此我提议 我们交战双方 |
[44:41] | between our warring factions. | 签订和平条约 |
[44:43] | – And what would that look like? – Like this : | -什么和平条约-如下 |
[44:46] | You, jointly and separately, | 你们将停止对我 |
[44:47] | will cease all further and future attacks on me, | 我的名誉 候选资格 |
[44:50] | my name, my candidacy, | 私人生活 商业利益 |
[44:52] | my personal life and my business interests, | 包括我剩下的员工 |
[44:55] | which include my remaining personnel, | 桌对面的那群人不算 |
[44:56] | which no longer includes anyone | 进行联合或 |
[44:58] | on that side of the table, by the way | 个人攻击 |
[44:59] | In return, I will do the same, | 作为回报 我也会投桃报李 |
[45:01] | and when I become president | 当我当上总统后 |
[45:02] | I pledge not to use any government resources | 我保证不使用任何政府资源 |
[45:05] | to persecute, prosecute, fire or bankrupt any of you. | 迫害起诉解雇或让你们破产 |
[45:12] | Should we jump ahead past all the writhing and invective | 好了 咱们就跳过指责漫骂的阶段 |
[45:16] | to the place where we all admit this is the best deal | 承认这是你们能达到的 |
[45:18] | you’re gonna get? | 最划算的交易吗 |
[45:31] | Good. | 好 |
[45:40] | We skipped The light fandango | 我们跳过了轻快的方丹戈 |
[45:47] | So, well, there’s that. | 好吧就这样了 |
[45:52] | Yeah. There it is. | 是啊 就这样了 |
[45:54] | I was feeling Kind of seasick | 我有点晕船 |
[45:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[46:08] | That was the call. | 他们打来电话了 |
[46:09] | You’re on the briefings, Mike. | 明天会给你做简报迈克 |
[46:12] | First one is tomorrow. | 明天一早 |
[46:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[46:17] | So, yes, that’s it, then. | 所以京 就是这样了 |
[46:19] | When we called out For another drink | 我们想再叫一杯酒 |
[46:23] | All conditions satisfied. | 我满足了所有条件 |
[46:26] | The waiter brought a tray | 服务员端来了托盘 |
[46:30] | Tomorrow, at the open, | 明天一开盘 |
[46:32] | put the money to work as instructed | 就按我指示 把钱投进去 |
[46:33] | Nothing heroic. | 不要搞什么大动作 |
[46:35] | Prioritize return of capital, not return on capital. | 优先考虑保本 而不是高回报 |
[46:38] | You got it, Cap’. | 没问题老大 |
[46:39] | Where’s the briefing? White House? | 简报在哪进行白宫吗 |
[46:41] | No. We’re going to Camp David. | 不我们要去戴维营 |
[46:43] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[46:45] | You’re minted. | 你发达了 |
[46:48] | Boom. | 砰 |
[46:50] | You can say that again. | 你说得对 |
[46:51] | Boom. | 砰 |
[46:54] | … Shade of pale | 苍白的阴影 |
[47:26] | She said’ ” There is no reason’ | 她说 别找理由 |
[47:32] | ” And the truth Is plain to see “ | 真相显而易见 |