时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | I’m not Axe. I’m different. | 我和阿克塞不一样 |
[00:08] | And I’m willing to put | 我很愿意 |
[00:09] | the time and effort in to prove that to you. | 花费时间和精力来证明这一点 |
[00:11] | With Axe, I didn’t have to pretend | 我跟着阿克塞的时候 |
[00:13] | I was making glittery cupcakes | 有欠收拾的混账直接就动手收拾 |
[00:14] | while shivving a motherfucker who needed shivving. | 不用假装自己在做华丽的纸杯蛋糕 |
[00:17] | Maybe Prince’s way is more powerful. | 也许普林斯的方法更有用 |
[00:20] | Welcome to Michael Prince Capital, Kate. | 凯特 欢迎来到迈克尔·普林斯资本 |
[00:21] | Where do I work? | 我的工位在哪里 |
[00:23] | There comes a time, Lucien, | 卢西恩 总有一天 |
[00:24] | 引用《跨性别:理想与现实相遇》 作者海伦·乔伊斯 抨击跨性别运动 | |
[00:24] | when ideology meets reality. | 理想会与现实相遇 |
[00:26] | Even in the newspaper business. | 报业也不例外 |
[00:28] | I want your comment on the story I am running. | 我想听听你如何评论我的报道 |
[00:32] | We both share the same vision | 我们共同展望着 |
[00:34] | of what a Summer Games in New York should look like. | 在纽约举办的夏季奥运会是何等盛景 |
[00:37] | I thrive in peacetime. | 太平时期是我的盛世 |
[00:39] | But the best way to peace is through overwhelming force. | 但太平最好还是靠压倒性的实力实现 |
[00:43] | The 2028 Games | 2028年奥运会 |
[00:45] | can no longer be held in New York City. | 将不能在纽约举办 |
[00:47] | Chuck can be removed as AG. | 可以把查克从检察长上撤下来 |
[00:49] | How do we pull the lever? | 怎么把他拉下来 |
[00:50] | Charles Rhoades Junior | 小查尔斯·罗兹 |
[00:51] | is hereby removed as attorney general | 现解除纽约州 |
[00:53] | of the State of New York. | 总检察长职务 |
[00:54] | The Senate names Miss Daevisha Mahar | 参议院任命德维沙·马哈尔小姐 |
[00:56] | as acting attorney general | 为罗兹先生剩余的任期内 |
[00:58] | for the remainder of Mr. Rhoades’ term. | 代理检察长 |
[01:00] | You want to know why Axe is satisfied with freedom? | 你想知道为什么阿克塞满足于自由吗 |
[01:02] | Why Chuck is priapic for warfare? | 为什么查克这么崇拜战争吗 |
[01:04] | Because they are lesser Caesars. | 因为他们是低段位的征服者 |
[01:06] | You want to be a greater Caesar? | 你想成为高段位的凯撒大帝吗 |
[01:08] | Michael fucking Prince is running for president. | 该死的迈克·普林斯要竞选总统 |
[01:12] | President of the United States of America. | 美利坚合众国的总统 |
[01:14] | – And one of us… – Both of us. | – 而你或我… – 是你和我 |
[01:16] | could be running Michael Prince Capital very soon. | 很快就能接管迈克·普林斯资本 |
[01:19] | For you to succeed at being whatever it is | 要成为你想成为的人 |
[01:21] | you want to be, you need to stop lying to yourself. | 就别再自欺欺人了 |
[01:23] | Let’s not forget about you | 别忘了你 |
[01:25] | and what you want out of all of this. | 以及你想从中获得的利益 |
[01:27] | Prince is funding Mike Money with crypto. | 普林斯用数字货币供资给迈克资金 |
[01:29] | Ten incorrect attempts and it’ll encrypt itself, | 十次错误它就会自动加密 |
[01:31] | making it impossible to access whatever’s on it. | 里面的内容就无法被获取 |
[01:33] | If we go down this road, one of you is ending up in jail. | 如果我们顺着这条道走下去 你们中有一个会入狱 |
[01:38] | This night’s cost me $3.5 billion already. | 今晚我已经花了三十五亿 |
[01:43] | We’re gonna destroy Mike Prince together. | 我们会一起击垮迈克尔·普林斯 |
[01:45] | The world will think you’re under indictment, | 世人都会以为是你受到了指控 |
[01:47] | right up until the minute we lock Mike Prince up. | 直到我们把迈克·普林斯送进监狱 |
[01:50] | You got a deal. | 就这么定了 |
[02:16] | Find me Wendy fucking Rhoades. | 让该死的温迪·罗兹来见我 |
[02:21] | She’s actually here?! | 她真在这 |
[02:38] | What is so fucking wrong about me | 我到底有什么问题 |
[02:40] | that you’re sure I shouldn’t be fucking president? | 你就那么肯定我不该当总统 |
[04:21] | This is part two, Wendy. | 这是第二阶段心理辅导 温迪 |
[04:24] | Just you and me. | 只有你和我 |
[04:25] | Part one was the day you grilled me | 第一阶段是你在这里 |
[04:27] | right here all alone. This is… | 盘问我的那天 这是… |
[04:29] | Part two, yeah. You said. | 第二阶段 你说过了 |
[04:32] | I need to go deep. | 我需要更深入的挖掘 |
[04:34] | We do. | 我们都需要 |
[04:36] | That’s my specialty. | 那可是我的专长 |
[04:38] | But now you need to do it for me. | 现在你要为我挖掘了 |
[04:41] | I’ve been doing a kind of internal | 我一直在进行一种类似于 |
[04:43] | chiropractic adjustment, | 脊骨疗法的调整 |
[04:45] | trying to align myself to find the parts in there | 想要调整好自己 |
[04:47] | that are fighting the whole, but… | 找到出问题的部位 不过… |
[04:49] | Yeah, you can’t do that alone. | 但你一个人做不到 |
[04:53] | But you could have just walked through that door | 你本可以直接走过那扇门 |
[04:54] | and asked me to dive in. | 来邀请我加入 |
[04:56] | Instead, you cleared the office. Why? | 然而你却清场了 为什么 |
[04:57] | Well, I can’t just let anyone, not even you, | 我不会在还没有确定的时候 |
[04:59] | all the way inside without being sure. | 就让别人参与进来 包括你在内 |
[05:01] | So you plan on interrogating me the way I did you? | 所以你想照葫芦画瓢 来审审我 |
[05:06] | – I pass. – Don’t think of it like that. | – 我拒绝 – 别这么想 |
[05:09] | Where I’m going, I need loyalists. | 我要去的地方 需要忠诚的支持者 |
[05:11] | Not blind loyalists, open-eyed believers. | 不是愚忠 而是清醒警觉的信徒 |
[05:14] | Like Nirvana fans back in the day. | 就像涅槃乐队的粉丝一样 |
[05:16] | 涅槃乐队主唱科特·柯本 有强烈的批判精神 | |
[05:16] | No. Most of them didn’t understand Kurt. | 不一样 他们大部分人根本就不懂科特 |
[05:19] | I need to know that you get me. | 我需要知道你懂我 |
[05:21] | 科特妮·洛芙 空洞乐队创始人 科特·柯本的妻子 | |
[05:21] | You want me to be your Courtney Love? | 我想让我做你的科特妮·洛芙 |
[05:23] | No. My Dave Grohl. | 不 是做我的大卫·格鲁 |
[05:24] | Lay down a monster beat and keep me on it. | 用猛烈的节奏打下基调 让我继续下去 |
[05:27] | Well, I could say I wouldn’t be standing here | 这么说吧 我要是没准备好 |
[05:30] | if I weren’t prepared to. | 就不会站在这里了 |
[05:32] | Uh, I’m not sure that’s good enough. | 这还不够 |
[05:36] | We need to get to your why. | 你得开始问”十万个为什么”了 |
[05:41] | Here’s a why. | 那我开始问了 |
[05:44] | Why are you so confident I’ll play along? | 为什么你确信我会配合你 |
[05:46] | Why don’t you think I’ll just turn around, | 为什么你确信我不会立马转身 |
[05:49] | pack out my desk and leave? | 收拾东西辞职走人 |
[05:50] | Because I didn’t sign up for this. | 我当初可不是为此而来 |
[05:52] | Not many people would walk away | 没有多少人会放弃 |
[05:54] | from the kind of access and power you’d have | 你将拥有的这种机会和权力 |
[05:55] | if you hang in close. | 尤其是在唾手可得的时候 |
[05:56] | You talking about your run for office? | 这是在说你的竞选吗 |
[06:01] | Twenty-eight is a long way off. | 离2028年还远着呢 |
[06:06] | Oh. | 等等 |
[06:08] | Timeline’s shifted. | 看来计划有变 |
[06:09] | I’m going to do things differently, yes. | 是的 我要出其不意 |
[06:12] | I’m announcing on my own timeline. | 自己来宣布竞选时间 |
[06:15] | I’m going to run and win in… | 我想要当选于… |
[06:16] | – 2024. – I need it now. | – 2024年 – 现在这一届 |
[06:19] | Before it’s too late. | 免得夜长梦多 |
[06:20] | Assuming I’ll win, I’ll need to know | 假定我会当选 我必须保证 |
[06:22] | that I’m not just ready for this job, but primed. | 我不仅能够胜任 而且还是最理想的人选 |
[06:26] | I have blind spots. Everyone does. | 可人无完人 我也有认知之外的盲区 |
[06:29] | But I need to know that you’re in to expose them to me | 因此我需要你来帮我找到盲区 |
[06:31] | so that I can see and fix them. | 好让我来补过拾遗 |
[06:33] | Fair enough. | 很好 |
[06:38] | But I’m-I’m still not sure what it is you need to hear from me. | 但我还是不确定 你究竟想听我说什么 |
[06:42] | Well, start by finishing this sentence. | 不如我起头 你跟着说 |
[06:44] | “Michael Prince is…” | “迈克尔·普林斯…” |
[06:48] | Michael Prince is going about this all wrong. | 迈克尔·普林斯的做法大错特错 |
[06:52] | Because instead of trying to extract | 因为他实在不该 |
[06:54] | a loyalty test from me, | 测试我的忠诚度 |
[06:56] | what he should be doing is using every second of his life | 而是应该好好利用每分每秒 |
[06:59] | trying to convince me and everyone like me | 努力说服我 还有我这一类人 |
[07:01] | that he’s worthy of my investment. | 相信他是个值得投资的人 |
[07:05] | Look inward for sure. | 论心当然没错 |
[07:08] | But look outward to engage all those | 但论迹才能把所需的人 |
[07:10] | you’re gonna need to get you there. | 都收归麾下 为你所用 |
[07:11] | Just tell me this. | 那你告诉我 |
[07:13] | Are you still capable of getting it done? | 你还有能力做到吗 |
[07:14] | That is not what you really want to know. | 这不是你真正想问的 |
[07:19] | What is it you really want to know? | 你到底想知道什么 |
[07:23] | Why is it so hard for you to do it for me | 为什么让你替我做事就这么难 |
[07:25] | when it was so easy for you with Axe? | 为阿克塞效力就那么轻易 |
[07:28] | No one would use the word “Easy.” | 我可不觉得轻易 |
[07:32] | But he was direct. | 但他很直接 |
[07:34] | He wanted the things he wanted. | 目标也很明确 |
[07:37] | And once we cleared out the inner conflicts, | 而一旦解决了内心冲突 |
[07:39] | he just went after them and got them. | 他就会直取目标 |
[07:41] | So you turned him into a targeted missile. | 所以你是把他变成了一个目标导弹 |
[07:44] | Oh, I just tweaked the guidance system a little. | 我只不过是略微给他定了向 |
[07:47] | He was already a missile. | 他本来就是个导弹 |
[07:50] | You can’t help but smile as you talk about him. | 你说起他的时候脸上总是带笑 |
[07:54] | What is it that makes you smile | 当你想到你想去的地方时 |
[07:56] | when you think about where you want to go? | 是什么会让你会心一笑呢 |
[08:00] | – We’re starting. – We are. | – 终于切入正题了 – 是啊 |
[08:06] | So? | 所以 |
[08:09] | Why are you the one right now, this second, | 此时此刻 为什么是你 |
[08:11] | to do this? | 来做这件事呢 |
[08:13] | Not the stem-winder you’ll give on the hustings, | 我不想听你写在竞选演讲稿上的那些说辞 |
[08:15] | but the real answer you give yourself | 而是要听 夜深人静你对着镜子 |
[08:17] | in the mirror at 2:00 a.M. | 敞开心扉时会跟自己说的话 |
[08:23] | Because of my ruthlessness. | 因为我是个铁石心肠的人 |
[08:30] | Say more. | 继续说 |
[08:37] | Think of it this way. | 这么说吧 |
[08:38] | If you’re out on a climb | 如果在爬山中途 |
[08:40] | and you fall and break your femur in half, | 你摔断了腿 |
[08:42] | you don’t need someone who knows how to talk a good game. | 你需要的不会是一个舌灿莲花的人 |
[08:44] | You need someone who knows how to fix it. | 而是一个知道如何解决问题的人 |
[08:46] | Someone who’s willing to do what needs to be done, | 即使在没有麻醉药的情况下 |
[08:48] | even when there’s no anesthesia out on the trail. | 他也会勇往直前义无反顾 |
[08:51] | Someone who will ignore your screams of pain | 他会无视你痛苦的尖叫 |
[08:54] | until the bone is set and ready to heal. | 把你的腿给归位 |
[08:56] | That someone is me. | 这个人就是我 |
[09:06] | And our country is the femur. | 而我们国家就是断骨 |
[09:09] | Damn right it is. | 没错 |
[09:11] | Strength. | 铁腕 |
[09:14] | People want that when they believe it’s not put on, | 大众要的就是这个 只要他们相信一切是真的 |
[09:16] | but real. | 而不是演出来的 |
[09:19] | People? | 大众 |
[09:20] | Where it went wrong was when politicians | 问题就出在政治家们 |
[09:23] | thought they had to listen to people. | 总觉得要听大众的 |
[09:24] | Not smart people. Not educated people. | 而不是听聪明人的 听文化人的 |
[09:26] | Just people. | 就听普罗大众的 |
[09:28] | There is such a thing as worthy dissent. | 有种东西叫有价值异议 |
[09:29] | The First Amendment. | 由宪法第一修正案而来 |
[09:31] | The Founders never wanted a true democracy, | 国父们追求的从来不是绝对民主 |
[09:32] | but a constitutional republic. You know this. | 而是一个宪治共和国 你知道的 |
[09:39] | So when you get there to the Oval Office… | 等你真正入主了白宫… |
[09:42] | Truman had a sign on his desk that said, | 杜鲁门执政期间的座右铭是 |
[09:44] | “The buck stops here.” | “担责于身 履责于行” |
[09:45] | Mine’s gonna say, “I am the buck.” | 而我的座右铭是”有益国家之事 虽死弗避” |
[10:03] | Let’s fucking get you there. | 那就祝你一臂之力 推你上位 |
[10:07] | That’s my girl. | 这才像我的宝嘛 |
[10:08] | Uh, doctor. Uh… | 我该尊称你医生的… |
[10:10] | Yeah, you’re on a different stage now, | 你现在身份不同 |
[10:11] | so don’t do that. | 别再那样不拘小节了 |
[10:13] | Copy. | 明白 |
[10:18] | So you didn’t clear the whole day. | 原来你没有清全天的场 |
[10:20] | Oh, I knew you wouldn’t need it. | 我知道说服你不用那么久 |
[10:22] | And I have someplace I very much need to be. | 而且我还要去别的地方 |
[10:46] | Wags, when was the last time you had egg foo young? | 瓦格纳 你上次吃芙蓉蛋是什么时候 |
[10:49] | Old-school style with the pork just so? | 老式的 有猪肉的那种 |
[10:51] | Because whenever that was, the next time is tonight. | 不管你什么时候吃的 今晚你要再吃一次了 |
[11:03] | My client has no prior felonies, | 我当事人既没有重罪前科 |
[11:05] | no pending criminal matters. | 也没有牵扯未决刑事案件 |
[11:06] | He’s already surrendered his passport. | 更何况他已经上交了护照 |
[11:08] | Mr. Rhoades is a man of some renown, | 罗兹先生是有头有脸的人 |
[11:11] | which makes flight even more unlikely. | 逃跑的概率几乎为零 |
[11:13] | The GPS ankle monitor, Judge, is an unnecessary | 法官 我认为基于这些事实 |
[11:16] | and extraordinary measure. | 大可不必给他佩戴电子脚镣 |
[11:18] | Well, Chuck and I go way back. | 我和查克是老相识了 |
[11:21] | And I know him to be an extraordinary character. | 我知道他是个非凡的人物 |
[11:24] | Thank you? | 我该说 谢谢 |
[11:26] | Uh, Judge Wailand, | 威兰德法官 |
[11:28] | I’d call you by your first name, | 我就不直呼你的名字了 |
[11:30] | but we don’t want that kind of thing on the record. | 这种事情记录在案也没什么好处 |
[11:31] | You’re treating me like some kind of lamster. | 你真把我当成逃犯了 |
[11:34] | But fleeing jurisdiction is the move | 可是逃离司法管辖区这种事 |
[11:35] | the guys I chase like to make. | 只有我追查的人才能干得出来 |
[11:37] | Please don’t address the bench directly | 请不要直接跟法官对话 |
[11:39] | unless the bench addresses you… | 除非本席主动向你发问… |
[11:43] | as I’m about to do. | 我也正想问问你 |
[11:46] | But how, exactly, | 到底是怎么了 |
[11:47] | is this device causing you undue trouble? | 这个设备给你带来了哪些不必要的麻烦 |
[11:50] | You’d be still expected to continue your supervised release | 无论如何 你仍应继续接受监督释放 |
[11:55] | and check-ins for pre-trial services regardless. | 并参加预审签到 |
[11:58] | But this thing on my leg, | 我腿上的这个东西 |
[12:01] | what the kids call a Coney Island Crunk-o-Meter, | 孩子们管它叫游乐场醉酒测试仪 |
[12:04] | is chafing me. | 把我的腿都磨破了 |
[12:07] | I am chafing. | 这样弄的我情绪也不好 |
[12:08] | Emotionally and physically. | 简直是身体和精神的双重折磨 |
[12:10] | Literally and figuratively, | 字面上也好 打比方也好 |
[12:12] | if the distinction even exists anymore, | 不管是哪一个层面吧 |
[12:14] | and I haven’t been convicted of a damn thing. | 你们没定罪就给我套上了这个玩意 |
[12:17] | I can’t see how your itchiness | 你的这种烦恼 |
[12:20] | is something this court should be worried about. | 不在本庭需要权衡的范畴之内 |
[12:23] | This is all going the way it’s supposed to. | 一切都在按计划进行 |
[12:25] | Yeah. Good. I see. | 我明白 很好 |
[12:27] | But you called this meeting. | 但你还是把我叫来了 |
[12:28] | Because, while I’d like to think what I have is enough, | 尽管我认为 现在这些手段已经足够了 |
[12:31] | this is Chuck we’re dealing with. | 但我们要对付的毕竟是查克 |
[12:32] | You don’t think you have enough? | 你觉得手段还不够吗 |
[12:34] | Could always use more. | 多多益善嘛 |
[12:35] | I want to bring the garlic, the crucifix, | 猎杀吸血鬼的时候 我得带着大蒜 十字架 |
[12:37] | the stake through the heart. | 还有刺穿心脏的木桩 |
[12:39] | Well, there’s plenty out there. The guy’s pathological. | 手段应有尽有 这家伙不好对付 |
[12:41] | He has history with Taylor Mason, | 他跟泰勒·梅森 还有温迪都交过手 |
[12:43] | Wendy, obviously, and others that used to work there. | 还有以前在那边工作过的人 也交过手 |
[12:45] | – And that’s my company alone. – Sure. | – 这还只是我的公司而已 – 当然 |
[12:47] | Love to talk to them, with your permission. | 如果你同意 我愿意跟他们聊聊 |
[12:49] | Kate Sacker, too, if she’s allowed. | 还有凯特·塞克 如果你同意的话 |
[12:52] | They might not be comfortable with it, | 他们可能会不太乐意 |
[12:53] | but I’ll let them know I am | 但我会告诉大家 |
[12:55] | for the purposes of winning this. | 这么做的目的 是为了我的胜利 |
[12:56] | But once I open the door, | 不过 我只负责引见 |
[12:58] | it’s up to you to get them talking. | 剩下的全靠你自己了 |
[13:02] | To that end, shouldn’t you be there | 说到这里 你不应该亲自到庭 |
[13:04] | to make sure he doesn’t win this thing? | 确保他这一场败诉吗 |
[13:05] | I know how this is going to go. Request denied. | 我知道查克诉求的走向 请求驳回 |
[13:11] | Request denied. | 请求驳回 |
[13:15] | Let me know when that door is open. | 你铺垫好了就告诉我一声 |
[13:30] | This is how you and Dave drew it up, right? | 你和戴芙就是这么设计的 对吧 |
[13:32] | Certain aspects of it, yeah. | 某些方面来看 是的 |
[13:33] | This is the hard stretch. | 这是一场拉锯战 |
[13:36] | This kind of reversal lends credibility. | 这种反转才能使人信服 |
[13:38] | In a way, it’s the best thing that could’ve happened. | 从某种程度上说 这是最好的结果 |
[13:42] | So you say, partner. | 你说是就是吧 搭档 |
[13:53] | What you got to understand is this. | 你们得明白一点 |
[13:54] | This is good news. | 我们带来的是好消息 |
[13:56] | This is the good news express right here. Climb aboard. | 我要宣布好消息了啊 竖起耳朵认真听 |
[13:58] | This is not what good news looks like. | 好消息不是这样宣布的 |
[13:59] | No. Good news at this place comes via text or email, | 应该是通过短信或电子邮件发送 |
[14:01] | or is delivered by one of these men. | 或者你俩其中一位过来传达 |
[14:03] | When it’s the two of them coming in hot like Turner and Hooch… | 如果二位像福星福将一样同时出现… |
[14:05] | Who’s the dog in that? | 咱俩谁是警探谁是狗 |
[14:07] | – Whatever they’re selling… – Yes. | – 不管你们葫芦里卖的什么药 – 没错 |
[14:09] | Yeah, who’s the dog? | 说得对 谁是狗 |
[14:11] | Whatever you’re selling, we’re all full up. | 你俩爱说啥说啥 我们是听够了 |
[14:12] | We don’t want any. | 我俩什么也不想听 |
[14:13] | First of all, | 首先 |
[14:15] | and before we go any further, congratulations. | 在继续讨论之前 先祝贺你们 |
[14:17] | You got into the ESG space right on time. | 进入环境 社会和公司治理领域的时机很好 |
[14:19] | Early, even, and have done very nicely. | 甚至算很早了 而且项目表现非常出色 |
[14:21] | More than nicely. You’ve kicked royal ass. | 不只是出色 简直完美 |
[14:23] | You’re giving heavy dad-rock right now. | 你俩一唱一和挺有意思啊 |
[14:26] | Well, but it’s true. So Michael Prince believes… | 我说的是真的 迈克·普林斯相信… |
[14:28] | – He knows… – Yes. | – 他明白 – 没错 |
[14:30] | He has decided that early-in leads to early-out. | 他决定的策略是早进早出 |
[14:33] | So that the two of you can focus fully on this place. | 这样你俩就能全神贯注接手公司了 |
[14:36] | This entire place. See? This is good news. | 整个公司 明白吗 天大的好消息 |
[14:39] | This is growing up. This is the major leagues. | 公司处在上升期 水平也是顶尖的 |
[14:40] | – This is… – You killing my business. | – 这就是… – 你们扼杀了我的事业 |
[14:42] | – Our. – Absolutely. Our business. | – 我们的 – 没错 我们的事业 |
[14:43] | My brand. Environmental, social | 你扼杀了我的品牌 |
[14:45] | and governance-centered investing is… | 以环境 社会和治理为中心的投资… |
[14:47] | Is oversaturated and picked over. | 已经过度饱和 被人挑挑拣拣多少轮了 |
[14:49] | Plus, if Prince has a carve-out that specializes in ESG, | 此外 如果普林斯把这个板块剥离到子公司 |
[14:52] | it means the main firm disregards ESG. | 说明母公司根本不重视这块业务 |
[14:54] | – You see? – I do. | – 你明白吗 – 我明白 |
[14:56] | The key at this place is, it’s one brand now | 关键是 我们现在是同一品牌了 |
[14:58] | that the two of you are running. | 由你们两位运营 |
[15:00] | Don’t think of it as killing what you had. | 别认为此举是架空了你们 |
[15:02] | No one is killing anything. | 没人想坏你们的事 |
[15:04] | Taylor Mason Carbon will be sunsetted, | 泰勒·梅森碳能将要停止运营 |
[15:06] | but you will be right here at the head of one unified firm. | 但你们将成为整个联合公司的领导层 |
[15:10] | These offices will be upgraded | 办公室也将焕然一新 |
[15:11] | and turned into your command center. | 成为你们的指挥中心 |
[15:13] | We don’t have a voice in this? | 这事我们没有发言权吗 |
[15:15] | Of course you do, and that voice is going to be heard. | 当然有 我们也会聆听 |
[15:18] | And then it is going to say, “Yes!” | 你们当然也会很愿意接受的 |
[15:22] | – I don’t like it. – Taylor doesn’t like it. | – 我不愿意 – 泰勒不愿意 |
[15:24] | And neither do I. We have to… | 我也不愿意 我们当然会… |
[15:26] | total and complete respect to the two of you, of course… | 完全尊重二位… |
[15:28] | but we have to take this directly to Prince. | 但我们得直接向普林斯做个汇报 |
[15:30] | Don’t think of this as us going over your heads. | 不要认为这是越级汇报 |
[15:32] | Just know we are going over your heads. | 虽然我就是这么打算的 |
[15:34] | And the dog… | 说回那条狗 |
[15:35] | whichever one of you | 你们两个中 |
[15:37] | happens to be barking loudest at the moment… | 现在谁叫的声音最大呢… |
[15:38] | you’re Hooch. | 你 就是福星 |
[15:46] | You wearing your invisibility cloak? | 你穿隐形斗篷了吗 |
[15:47] | It’s at the cleaners. | 没有 我拿去干洗了 |
[15:49] | Well, I must be wearing mine, ’cause Prince can’t see me. | 那是我穿了 普林斯压根看不见我 |
[15:54] | There it is. | 现在看见了 |
[15:59] | Oh, come on! | 不是吧 |
[16:01] | He isn’t free. Isn’t going to be, for you, all day. | 他太忙了 全天都没时间见你们 |
[16:09] | I have the plan. | 我有打算 |
[16:11] | And the authority to hear you out. | 也有权限听你们的诉求 |
[16:12] | Good, we can go to your office and… | 太好了 我们可以去你办公室… |
[16:13] | I’m in with him right now. | 我现在有事找他 |
[16:15] | Later. Maybe tomorrow. I’ll find you. | 晚点儿吧 或者明天 我去找你们 |
[16:40] | Hey, Kev, move around. Let me face the room. | 小凯 换个位置 我靠着墙坐 |
[16:44] | No, Pop, I’m good. | 不用了老爸 我坐这里挺好 |
[16:47] | If the seat doesn’t suit you, son, | 儿子 如果你不愿意坐这里 |
[16:48] | we can retire to my place. | 可以去我家 |
[16:50] | I’ll have them send the food over. | 让他们把食物送过去 |
[16:51] | Oh, yeah, we have plenty in the freezer. | 好呀 冰箱里还有很多吃的 |
[16:54] | Could reheat last night’s dinner from Le Bernardin. | 可以加热一下昨晚伯纳丁餐厅的晚餐 |
[16:56] | We have a Gaja just coming into its own. | 还有一瓶嘉雅葡萄酒到喝的时候了 |
[16:59] | Yeah, let’s go eat at Grandpa’s. | 对啊 去爷爷家吃饭吧 |
[17:00] | No. Nonsense. We will eat right here. | 不用那么麻烦 我们就在这儿吃 |
[17:03] | And if it’s a chewy Gaja you want, | 如果想喝美味的嘉雅葡萄酒 |
[17:04] | let’s get that going right now. | 我们现在也可以点一瓶 |
[17:06] | Just go ahead and take the seat, Chuck. | 快来坐下吧 查克 |
[17:08] | You know, I’m surprised you came, Wend. | 温迪 我以为你不来了呢 |
[17:10] | A pleasant surprise, but a surprise nonetheless. | 你来了我很高兴 不过确实没料到 |
[17:12] | I have a work dinner after this, | 我之后有个应酬 |
[17:14] | so I just kind of stopped by to, you know, | 所以只是路过这里 顺便进来 |
[17:16] | be here for the kids, say hi to your dad. | 为孩子们打气 跟你爸打个招呼 |
[17:19] | Be here for the… | 你是来… |
[17:23] | Oh, oh, oh. | 原来如此 |
[17:25] | It makes sense. | 我忽然明白了 |
[17:27] | Ah, the super-early bird dinner. | 这么早就吃上晚餐了 |
[17:30] | Me facing the wall, | 让我脸朝着墙坐 |
[17:32] | you here as a buffer of sorts against the world. | 你大驾光临就是调节一下气氛 |
[17:34] | I get it now. | 我都明白了 |
[17:37] | Oh, the children don’t want to be seen in public | 孩子们不想被人看到 |
[17:40] | having dinner with an indicted man, huh? | 在公共场合跟一个官司缠身的人共进晚餐 |
[17:44] | We’re not embarrassed of you. | 我们没觉得你丢脸 |
[17:46] | Oh, goodness, you’re embarrassed of me. | 承认了呗 你们就是觉得我丢脸 |
[17:52] | Remember how it was for you when I had my troubles? | 当年我出事的时候 你心里是怎么想的 |
[17:55] | Perhaps the kids feel that way. | 也许现在你的孩子们也是同样的感受 |
[17:57] | You were a slum lord. I was doing the public good. | 你那时候是个黑心房东 而我是为大众谋福利 |
[18:00] | Junior! | 儿子 |
[18:02] | Keister. Seat. Now. | 闭嘴 赶紧坐下 |
[18:14] | It’s important that we all remember: | 咱自家人一定要记住 |
[18:16] | I am not, and will never be, convicted, | 我没有做错任何事 |
[18:20] | because I have done nothing wrong. | 我没有 也永远不会被定罪 |
[18:23] | Totally. | 当然 |
[18:24] | Absolutely, Dad. You’ll always be our father. | 没错 你永远是我们的好爸爸 |
[19:00] | Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[19:03] | Can you get a message to him? | 你能给他传个消息吗 |
[19:05] | No. He hasn’t sent one to me. | 不行 他还没联系过我 |
[19:07] | It’s safer this way. | 这样更安全 |
[19:09] | Why do you need him? | 你找他干嘛 |
[19:12] | It was one thing to help keep the trains running | 当初留下来是为了帮公司正常运转 |
[19:14] | when it was just about Prince staying rich and getting richer. | 当时普林斯也只是想不断地积累大量财富 |
[19:18] | But I have decided that he is dangerous. | 可现在 我认为他很危险 |
[19:23] | And I can’t be part of another strongman | 我总不能眼睁睁看着 |
[19:25] | entering the world stage. | 世界舞台上又多了一个邪恶领袖 |
[19:27] | Ah. There’s always strongmen. | 恶人遍地有呀 |
[19:29] | Maybe if you know this one, you can influence him. | 或许 如果你认识这个人 你可以影响他 |
[19:31] | And maybe he ain’t that bad. | 而且他可能没有那么坏 |
[19:34] | “Maybe he ain’t that bad” | “他可能没有那么坏” |
[19:35] | is the war cry of the meek and the defeated. | 这话说起来太苍白无力了 |
[19:37] | It’s what got us the last few fucking winners. | 我们功败垂成的原因就在于此 |
[19:39] | It’s the key that unlocks the door that lets the demons | 这种想法就是把恶魔放出来撒欢的钥匙 |
[19:42] | run free, and I don’t want to be holding it. | 我不想再拿着这把钥匙了 |
[19:44] | So drop it and split. | 那就扔了 分道扬镳呗 |
[19:47] | I would, but that leaves everyone who works there behind. | 我也想啊 可这就等于坑了所有留下来的人 |
[19:49] | I’m not prepared to do that. | 我还没准备好 |
[19:53] | And I can’t think of anyone else | 我想不出还能有谁 |
[19:55] | who could stop Prince’s rise. | 可以阻止普林斯崛起 |
[19:56] | Axe couldn’t when he tried. | 阿克塞试过了 不行 |
[19:59] | Look, the time to think about this was the before-time. | 现在不是考虑这个的时候 |
[20:01] | Wherever he is, whatever he’s doing, | 无论他人在哪里 有没有开展新事业 |
[20:03] | he ain’t looking backwards. | 他都不会再回头了 |
[20:09] | Don’t you miss him? | 你不想他吗 |
[20:11] | That’s a bit like asking a caveman hiding from a dinosaur | 这就好比是问为了躲避恐龙而穴居的人 |
[20:15] | if he misses the sun. Of course he does. | 想不想晒晒太阳 他当然想了 |
[20:17] | But if he goes outside the cave when it’s light out, | 天黑之后 他再出洞 |
[20:19] | he might get eaten. | 就有可能被吃掉 |
[20:21] | The cavemen and the dinosaurs | 穴居人和恐龙 |
[20:22] | didn’t walk the earth at the same… | 又不生活在同一个时代… |
[20:23] | As I can hardly believe we were really and truly here with him. | 所以我也不相信我们曾经与他同在 |
[20:28] | The whole world is different. | 世道不同了 |
[20:30] | Yes. | 没错 |
[20:31] | Yes to every single word. | 每个字都在理 |
[20:36] | Somehow, we have managed to keep living | 即使没有温暖的阳光 |
[20:38] | without that warm glow. | 我们也这么活下来了 |
[20:42] | But I’ll tell you, it’s hard living without daylight. | 但我告诉你 人没有阳光很难生存 |
[20:46] | And I really need his counsel | 我也真的很需要他的建议 |
[20:50] | on how to at least direct Prince to not, like, | 至少让普林斯别去 |
[20:53] | end the fucking universe. | 毁灭世界 |
[20:56] | Maybe it’s just not your problem to solve. | 也许这根本不是你该操心的问题 |
[20:58] | So you’re okay with just making the best of it as is? | 那你就一直这样凑合下去了吗 |
[21:03] | I am at Wo Hop | 我在和合中餐饭店 |
[21:04] | with one of my three favorite people in the world. | 跟我最看中的三个人之一一起吃饭 |
[21:08] | This is about the best version of me | 当下 就是我最好的状态了 |
[21:11] | making the best of it I know of. | 我要好好享受这段时光 |
[21:25] | Hey, give us a minute, would you? | 我跟她单独说两句 好吗 |
[21:35] | How sure are you? | 你把握有多大 |
[21:46] | It might be as simple as this. | 简单跟你说吧 |
[21:48] | There’s nothing more dangerous | 一个人如果坚信自己永远不会犯错 |
[21:50] | than a man who’s sure he’s never wrong. | 这样的人最危险 |
[21:55] | Add in the money, add in the intellect. | 他不仅财力丰厚 头脑还相当敏锐 |
[21:58] | Smarts is good. | 聪明是好事 |
[22:00] | Not when those smarts are used to strengthen the idea | 他的聪明没用在正道上 他以为 |
[22:02] | that no one else’s opinion counts. | 其他人的意见都不重要 |
[22:04] | And in add his ability to lie to himself | 更何况 他还自欺欺人 |
[22:07] | about who he really is, and finally, | 迷失了自己 结果呢 |
[22:09] | fold in a textbook God complex. | 他就被上帝情结套牢了 |
[22:13] | He thinks he’s God now? | 他觉得自己是上帝吗 |
[22:14] | This is a man who’s accomplished | 这个人要风得风 |
[22:17] | everything he’s ever set out to do. | 要雨得雨 |
[22:20] | Again. That’s supposed to be a good thing. | 这也应该是件好事 |
[22:23] | Yeah, it’s good. Right up until the moment | 是挺好 直到他认为 |
[22:26] | that he decides that what he needs to do | 他需要先发制人 |
[22:27] | is take out Russia or China | 除掉俄罗斯或中国 |
[22:29] | or whoever’s next on the list, preemptively. | 或者他名单上的下一个国家 |
[22:32] | Or that he really needs to do | 又或者 他真正要做的 |
[22:35] | is to shut up the dissenters right here. | 就是在国内排除异己 |
[22:37] | And then, suddenly, he’s gassing Des Moines. | 然后 一转眼 他就用毒气铲除得梅因了 |
[22:39] | But, like, that’s what half the guys in office want to do. | 上头有一半的人都想这么干 |
[22:42] | Bureaucracy stops ’em. | 碍着官僚主义才没动手罢了 |
[22:44] | Not this guy. He steamrolls it. | 他不一样 他会为所欲为 |
[22:48] | My job is to listen to what these men say | 我的工作 就是倾听他们的心声 |
[22:50] | and to parse it. | 然后一点点剖析 |
[22:54] | If he gets there, | 要是他真的成功了 |
[22:56] | he won’t be stopped by red tape. | 繁文缛节挡不住他的 |
[22:59] | Our only chance is to stop him beforehand. | 我们只有先下手为强 |
[23:05] | Otherwise, in his own words, the country will scream. | 否则 按他的话讲 这个国家将会哀嚎 |
[23:10] | And he’ll just keep on going. | 他也会变本加厉 |
[23:13] | Then I hope you find Axe. | 这样的话 我希望你联系上阿克塞 |
[23:15] | Because he is the only one | 因为他是唯一 |
[23:17] | who might have a chance to prevent it. | 有可能阻止这一切发生的人 |
[23:30] | Thank you for meeting me here. | 你能来真好 |
[23:31] | You offered up a slice of Joe’s. | 乔氏披萨这么好吃 |
[23:34] | And you’re you. | 又是你请 |
[23:35] | Who’s saying no? | 我干嘛不来 |
[23:42] | I need you to get a message to Bobby. | 我想让你捎个话给博比 |
[23:46] | If I accept your message | 如果我给你传了话 |
[23:48] | and you told a court of law I accepted it, | 你转头又告诉法院我应了你的话 |
[23:50] | they would interpret it as my having knowledge | 他们就会认为我知道 |
[23:52] | of his whereabouts. | 他的下落 |
[23:53] | I knew you’d say that, | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[23:55] | and I asked you here anyway. | 但我还是把你叫来了 |
[23:57] | Why would you want to locate him, theoretically? | 我就随口一问啊 你找他干嘛 |
[23:59] | Same reason you, uh, look up your exes on Instagram, I guess. | 和你偷看前任的照片墙一个道理 |
[24:03] | – I don’t do that. – Neither do I. But people do. | – 我不搞这些 – 我也不会 但别人会 |
[24:07] | Makes them feel both connected and aware of their own growth. | 这样能找到共鸣 还能看到自己的成长 |
[24:10] | Yeah. That’s not why you want to know. | 是啊 你不是因为这个才找他吧 |
[24:13] | Everything is murky right now, Orrin. | 奥林 现在形势不明朗 |
[24:16] | Bobby isn’t. Never was. | 但博比不一样 |
[24:18] | He is clarity. | 他一直看得很透彻 |
[24:21] | That is what we need right now. | 眼下我们需要他给参谋参谋 |
[24:23] | If by “we” you mean this city, country and world, | 如果”我们”指的是这座城 这个国家和整个世界 |
[24:25] | you’re damn right we do. | 那必须的 |
[24:27] | Which is a funny thing to say, considering he cost me | 但说来好笑 就是他害的我 |
[24:31] | my good standing with the bar for six months. | 半年不能执业 |
[24:34] | He was worth what he cost. | 那也值了 |
[24:35] | Is. | 现在想起来也值 |
[24:37] | I see it the same. | 我也这么觉得 |
[24:39] | I only wish I was the one who could deliver him to you. | 我巴不得亲手把他交给你 |
[24:48] | – You’re not? – I’ve eaten. | – 你不吃吗 – 我吃过了 |
[25:07] | Festive spot. | 挺会挑地方啊 |
[25:09] | Especially at the witching hour. | 还选这深更半夜的 |
[25:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:13] | Well, like Uncle Junior’s doctor’s office, | 像黑帮老大医生的办公室一样 |
[25:16] | I have this place. | 这里就是我的安全屋 |
[25:18] | The final resting spot of a long line of dead Rhoadeses. | 罗兹家几代人都安息于此 |
[25:22] | My great-grandfather Elijah. His wife Tig. | 这是我曾祖父以利亚 曾奶奶蒂格 |
[25:28] | Grandpa Crawford. | 克劳福德爷爷 |
[25:30] | Uncle Cleveland. | 克利夫兰叔叔 |
[25:32] | And, uh, that one there is earmarked for me. | 还有这个 是留给我的位子 |
[25:35] | And you might as well slide me in right now | 你现在大可以把我也塞进去 |
[25:38] | ’cause I am a dead man walking. | 因为我现在和死人没什么两样 |
[25:40] | Let’s not get operatic. You knew the deal. | 你也少抱怨吧 你知道我们的计划 |
[25:43] | What I knew was you were going to tell me the deal. | 我只知道你应该告诉我一切的 |
[25:45] | So I signed, as anyone would when the choice was steel bars, | 所以我才签了字 要不然只能去坐牢 |
[25:49] | but I’m still waiting. | 可我现在还在等 |
[25:51] | It’s better out here than where you were. | 难道现在不比蹲大牢好吗 |
[25:56] | All right, let’s not do it like this. | 等等 我们换个角度 |
[25:58] | I want to find areas of agreement. | 来说点儿咱俩之间能达成共识的 |
[25:59] | Yes, it is better out here, | 没错 自由是好 |
[26:01] | but now I need to really understand your plan | 但现在我得知道你的谋划 |
[26:04] | – so I can go along… – No, no. | – 这样我也能配合… – 不 不必了 |
[26:07] | Not going to reveal the whole thing. | 我不会全都告诉你的 |
[26:09] | I’m just going to do it. | 我只会付诸行动 |
[26:11] | You play your part better | 你对我的运作方式知道得越少 |
[26:13] | the less you know about how I’m working it. | 你的角色演得也就越好 |
[26:14] | I can have all the info. | 你如果跟我全说明白 |
[26:16] | That way, I not only play the scene, | 我就能演好整个电影 |
[26:18] | I play the whole film. | 而不只是演个片段 |
[26:20] | That shit might work in a fucking Michael Bay movie, | 这不是迈克·贝的电影 一眼看到头 |
[26:22] | but this… | 这一切吧… |
[26:24] | this needs to be Kubrick. | 得像库布里克的电影一样 |
[26:24] | 代表作有《光荣之路》《闪灵》等 拍摄和叙事的风格多样化 擅长出其不意 | |
[26:27] | Quiet and creeping, | 悄无声息 不声不响 |
[26:29] | and then suddenly shocking and perfect. | 然后来个措手不及 完美谢幕 |
[26:31] | Dave, I’d never second-guess a player like you, | 戴芙 你这样的高手我向来是不怀疑的 |
[26:34] | but I need be free of this bullshit | 但我真扛不住了 |
[26:36] | sooner rather than later. | 越早结束越好 |
[26:38] | All right. I heard you in court. | 我知道 你在法庭上说的话我听到了 |
[26:40] | And you know who else heard you? | 你知道还有谁也听到了吗 |
[26:42] | Mikey Prince. | 迈克·普林斯 |
[26:44] | So while I’m insistent on my stance, | 我还是坚持自己的立场 |
[26:46] | I will give you this much: | 目前也只能告诉你这些 |
[26:47] | I am making inroads at his company, | 我在打入他公司的内部 |
[26:49] | with his employees. | 接近他们的员工 |
[26:52] | I get close, I bleed them for info. | 接近他们 从他们身上榨取情报 |
[26:54] | And not the kind of info they think they’re giving me, | 而且不是他们自以为给我的那种的信息 |
[26:56] | but the kind we need. | 而是我们需要的猛料 |
[26:57] | And you just keep playing possum | 你就在正义的枪口下 |
[27:00] | in the crosshairs of justice. | 继续充当靶子吧 |
[27:04] | What you’re doing | 你做的一切 |
[27:06] | is key to my gaining their confidence, so keep it up. | 是我获取他们信任的关键 好好干 |
[27:10] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[27:11] | Or is that already today? | 现在已经是第二天凌晨了吧 |
[27:14] | To me, it’s all one long day run together | 自从我被限制了自由以来 |
[27:17] | since I was put on the chain gang. | 这漫长的一天就没结束过 |
[27:22] | Oh, my God. | 真受不了 |
[27:32] | The strategy I built for Taylor Mason Carbon | 我为泰勒·梅森碳能公司制定的战略 |
[27:34] | was designed to play out over longer than a few years. | 着眼于长期而非短期发展 |
[27:37] | The results aren’t in yet, | 现在还看不到效果 |
[27:38] | but I’m feeling a “Results now” vibe here. | 但我嗅到一丝“现在就要结果”的氛围 |
[27:40] | Prince says you should revamp it. | 普林斯说要让你修改一下 |
[27:41] | Transfer the investments over that still apply. | 把那些有效投资转过来 |
[27:44] | It’s all the same ownership anyway. | 反正都在他名下 |
[27:46] | This isn’t satisfying, talking to the lawyer. | 和律师谈话 我不满意 |
[27:48] | It’s true, and that’s exactly what you sound like: | 没错 你听起来就像个 |
[27:49] | the lawyer. | 律师 |
[27:50] | That’s a sad characterization. | 看来我形象塑造得不太好啊 |
[27:52] | I’ll get over that on my own time. | 我私下里再改进 |
[27:53] | And to be honest, nobody owes you an explanation. | 但老实说 我们没必要向你们解释 |
[27:56] | Legally, Prince can do what he wants | 法律层面上讲 普林斯想让你们干什么 |
[27:58] | to your entity. He controls it. | 都是可以的 因为他是大老板 |
[27:59] | But I am here explaining, listening, as a courtesy. | 我出于礼貌才来说明情况 听听意见 |
[28:02] | Because we’re all throwing in here now, right? | 毕竟我们都给他打工 不是吗 |
[28:05] | You on the financial side, me on the operations side. | 你们搞金融 我干运营 |
[28:07] | So don’t think of me as the lawyer, | 所以别把我当成律师 |
[28:09] | think of me as a part of Prince’s brain. | 把我看作普林斯大脑的一部分 |
[28:11] | He’s downloaded the things he wants me on top of. | 他从我这下载他想让我掌握的东西 |
[28:14] | Whatever happened in that interrogation room, | 不管在审讯室里发生了什么 |
[28:15] | – clearly forged a bond. – It’s true. | – 明显形成了一种纽带啊 – 没错 |
[28:17] | I guess you come apart at the seams | 我猜你整个人都崩溃了 |
[28:19] | and blubber all over your lawyer’s shoulder, you get tight. | 靠在你律师肩膀上嚎啕大哭 你没多少时间了 |
[28:21] | Is that what happened? Like Cutler and Gotti? | 像卡特勒为高蒂赢得无罪释放那样 |
[28:22] | Or Von Bülow and Dersh. | 或者像冯·布洛请了德什来脱罪 |
[28:24] | You won’t get a rise out of me, | 你们怎么说我都不会生气 |
[28:26] | but what you’re missing is this is good for you. | 但是别忘了 这对你们都有好处 |
[28:29] | You’re not being partitioned or siloed off anymore. | 你们不会被剥离或者被孤立 |
[28:31] | You run this entire place. | 整个公司都归你们管 |
[28:34] | Trade how you like, within the parameters, | 只要在界限内 随你们发挥 |
[28:36] | but, uh, the expectations are for a field-beating year. | 但目标是今年超过同行的业绩 |
[28:39] | So my crew, computer-driven and ESG-focused airborne troops | 所以我的团队 以ESG标准为核心的空降部队 |
[28:42] | are expected to wade into the long-short mud | 得像步兵一样 陷入对冲较量的泥潭中 |
[28:44] | like infantry grunts and win? | 还得打胜仗 |
[28:46] | That’s something I’ll have to go back to Prince with | 你说的问题 我得向普林斯汇报一下 |
[28:48] | and, uh, swing back to you. | 然后再给你答复 |
[28:49] | Better that we see him and press him on that. | 不如我们去找他 当面锣对面鼓 |
[28:51] | Have to convince him to keep our internal structure | 说服他保持我们的内部结构完整 |
[28:53] | and offices intact. | 办公室也保持现状 |
[28:56] | Yeah, you might be a little late for that. | 这个嘛 你可能晚了一步 |
[29:05] | Wait, that’s our wall. | 等等 这是我们的玻璃墙 |
[29:11] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[29:19] | So I get someone there to turn. | 我得找个人调转矛头为我所用 |
[29:21] | Who’s the most likely, in your opinion, Chuck, | 查克 在你看来 谁最有可能 |
[29:23] | to know enough but also to be willing to roll? | 知道的够多还愿意冒这个险 |
[29:26] | All those guys will roll if the leverage is strong enough, | 只要条件合适 谁都愿意 |
[29:29] | don’t you think, big guy? | 大高个 你怎么看 |
[29:31] | The old Uncle Mike quote applies. | 有句电影台词说的就是这个情况 |
[29:32] | “The plan crumbles upon impact.” | “变则通 不变则壅” |
[29:34] | Think he said it a little more colorfully. | 原话说得更生动一点 |
[29:36] | Hard to imagine. | 难以想象 |
[29:39] | We have a situation. | 出了点状况 |
[29:40] | Reporter out there. | 来了个记者 |
[29:42] | Was signed in by an assistant AG on a pretext, | 借口说采访检察官助理就进来了 |
[29:44] | blew right by the assistant AG and marched over to me. | 可他直接越过检察官助理 找上了我 |
[29:47] | Guy says you need to see him. If you don’t, bad for you. | 他说你得去见他一面 否则会对你不利 |
[29:50] | I can meet him in the lobby. | 我可以在大厅见他 |
[29:52] | Says he followed Mr. Rhoades here. | 他说是跟着罗兹先生过来的 |
[29:54] | Knows you are together. Wants to talk to both of you. | 知道你们在一起 要跟你俩都谈一谈 |
[29:56] | Send one of the comms people, too. | 派一个公关人员过来 |
[29:58] | Reporter said he’ll file his story | 那个记者说 如果他看到有公关人员在场 |
[30:00] | the moment he sees a comms person, | 就会马上发表报道 |
[30:02] | and that it’ll explode like Tex Cobb | 那样的话 场面绝对好看不了 |
[30:04] | in Raising Arizona. | 一场惊天大爆炸 |
[30:07] | Get him. Bring him slow. | 把人带来吧 慢点儿走 |
[30:10] | We need to rearrange ourselves | 我们重新布置一下 |
[30:11] | so this looks like a plea conference. | 弄成认罪协商会的样子 |
[30:21] | Oh, fuck. This guy. | 我去 居然是你 |
[30:23] | You got that right. | 没错 |
[30:24] | This guy. | 就是我 |
[30:26] | Only with a different angle. | 只是身份立场不同了 |
[30:28] | Hello, Attorney General Mahar. My name is Lucien Porter. | 你好 马哈尔检察长 我叫卢西恩·波特 |
[30:31] | – I write for… – I know who you are, Mr. Porter. | – 我是… – 我认识你 波特先生 |
[30:34] | But you have to know, | 但你必须明白 |
[30:36] | you can’t just barge into a plea conference. | 你不能随意闯入认罪协商会议 |
[30:38] | And you have to know, Miss Mahar, I just did. | 马哈尔女士 我还就真闯了 |
[30:41] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[30:43] | I want to see both of your reactions to this. | 我就想看看二位对这件事的反应 |
[30:48] | And any response you may have. | 我也想听听你们怎么回应我 |
[30:50] | Are we off the record? | 谈话内容不会记录在案吧 |
[30:52] | Oh, no, | 想得美 |
[30:53] | we are as on the record as BB King | 就像蓝调之王 当年录制《受虐待的女人》一样 |
[30:55] | at Sun Studios in 1950 | 今天的事我也会 |
[30:57] | cutting “Mistreated Woman.” | 字字句句记录在案 |
[31:01] | Yeah, the king of the blues | 没想到吧 在猫王爆火之前 |
[31:03] | recorded there years before Elvis the King. | 蓝调之王已经在那里录制好几年了 |
[31:04] | But let’s not get off track. | 回到正题 |
[31:06] | Uh, I’m gonna walk my client out of here | 你要没有什么特殊的理由 |
[31:08] | unless you can give me reason not to. | 我带我的客户先行离开了 |
[31:09] | How’s this for reason: | 这个理由怎么样 |
[31:12] | I have come to think the world was wrong | 我发现公众对小查理斯·罗兹 |
[31:15] | about Charles “Chuck” Rhoades, Jr. | 也就是查克的看法是错的 |
[31:20] | A point of possible agreement. Fascinating. | 这话说到我心坎里了 有意思 |
[31:23] | Wrong how? | 怎么错了 |
[31:24] | Well, I think what I, | 我认为啊 |
[31:26] | and the rest of the world, missed, | 其他人 包括我都忽略了一点 |
[31:28] | is that this man is a crusader. | 他可是个斗士 |
[31:32] | A criminal | 他是个罪犯 |
[31:34] | twice removed from office. | 都被免职两回了 |
[31:35] | You just made my point. | 你说到重点了 |
[31:38] | What if working inside the structure of the government, | 如果在政府体制内工作 |
[31:41] | especially in the years under discussion, | 尤其是在舆论四起的那几年 |
[31:43] | it wasn’t possible to really do the people’s bidding | 在严格遵循法律条款的前提下 |
[31:46] | while following the letter of the law? | 无法做到真正符合民意 这时该怎么办 |
[31:49] | I have sources who have told me… | 有知情人告诉我… |
[31:52] | compelling and convincing sources… | 我的消息来源绝对可靠… |
[31:55] | that Mr. Rhoades was twice removed | 说罗兹先生两次被免职 |
[31:58] | because he refused to back down to power. | 是因为他拒绝向权贵低头 |
[32:02] | That he was determined to bring to justice | 他下定决心要让位高权重的少数人 |
[32:05] | those few that control all. | 接受法律的制裁 |
[32:07] | Normally, I’d be thrilled by this, | 一般情况下 我听到这话会很开心的 |
[32:09] | but I don’t trust your agenda, man. | 但我不相信你这个人啊 |
[32:11] | Good instinct. | 你的直觉是对的 |
[32:13] | I’d see it same from your seat, | 如果我是你 我也会有同感 |
[32:14] | Chuck, but I’ve watched it. | 但是查克 我看到你的表现了 |
[32:16] | You’re the only one who stood up | 你是唯一一个真正站出来 |
[32:18] | to the billionaires with more than words. | 向亿万富翁发起声讨的人 |
[32:22] | The only one who paid a price. | 也是唯一一个为此付出了代价的人 |
[32:24] | Twice removed, as the attorney general said, | 正如检察长说的 两次被免职 |
[32:27] | prosecuted now, and for what? | 现在又官司缠身 都是因为什么 |
[32:29] | For breaking the law. | 因为他违法了 |
[32:31] | I prosecute infractions, not intentions. | 我起诉的是违法行为 不是意图 |
[32:35] | That’ll be your quote then. | 我会一字不差发表你这句话 |
[32:38] | Rhoades, you want to say something? | 罗兹 你有什么想说的吗 |
[32:39] | Nah. I’m not talking to you. | 没有 我不想跟你说话 |
[32:42] | Even as I agree that I have been railroaded, | 尽管我也认为自己是被冤枉的 |
[32:45] | I’m gonna fight my case and win in court, | 但我会在法庭上继续抗争 赢得官司 |
[32:47] | and then go about my business. | 然后再继续我的事业 |
[32:50] | As you should go about yours, Mr. Porter, out there, | 你也该回去了 波特先生 慢走不送 |
[32:53] | and leave me to mine in here. | 不要再来打扰我的工作 |
[32:55] | I’ll go, but that doesn’t mean I’m leaving you. | 我会走 但不代表我就会放过你 |
[32:59] | Oh. Set that sentiment to music, | 你这些小情绪可以写在歌里 |
[33:02] | and maybe you’ll make something out of your writing. | 没准真能成气候呢 |
[33:05] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[33:17] | It’s him. Big Red. | 就是他 这个叫”大红”的 |
[33:19] | Is he sending out a flare? | 他在发信号吗 |
[33:20] | Does he want us to see? | 他发给我们看的吗 |
[33:21] | If he didn’t, how would I spot it? | 不然的话 我怎么会发现呢 |
[33:23] | Were you chiefing up at the moment of this big revelation? | 这么重要的时刻 你吸大麻了吗 |
[33:25] | That’s an insulting question. And hurtful. | 你这问题太过分了 扎心了啊 |
[33:28] | Why does it have to be that I was chiefing up? | 难道我不吸大麻就看不见 |
[33:29] | You’ve been known to partake, even during work hours. | 你喜欢大麻谁人不知 上班时间都不放过 |
[33:32] | The idea that I can’t hold my weed is the disrespectful part. | 你这么说我 也太不尊重我了 |
[33:35] | Okay, Mafee, how did you spot it? | 行了 玛斐 你怎么发现的 |
[33:37] | Now, I did happen to be chiefing up, as discussed… | 你说对了 我那时候正巧是在吸大麻 |
[33:41] | enjoying some Nautical Twilight, | 享受着吞云吐雾的销魂片刻 |
[33:43] | as a matter of fact… at the time I saw it. | 我就是… 那个时候发现的 |
[33:46] | No. | 不是吧 |
[33:49] | Couldn’t be. | 不会吧 |
[33:52] | No way. | 不可能 |
[33:55] | But maybe. | 也不是不可能 |
[33:56] | So I switched to a sativa | 于是我换了一种大麻 |
[33:59] | to think through this one. | 边吸边思考这个事情 |
[34:01] | Diablo Wind, which, | 这种大麻叫暗黑破坏神风 |
[34:03] | despite its frightening and evil-sounding name, | 虽然这名字听起来怪吓人的 还有点邪恶 |
[34:04] | is actually cerebral and perfect | 不过吸起来让人神清气爽 |
[34:06] | for getting things done. | 特别适合干活的时候来一口 |
[34:07] | – Mafee! – Sorry. Anyway… | – 玛斐 – 抱歉 总之… |
[34:09] | at first I’m thinking | 我首先想到的是 |
[34:10] | I’m looking at some noise trader. | 这可能是个不理智的噪声交易者 |
[34:12] | But then I notice a technical component to it. | 但随后我就注意到这里面的操作技术了 |
[34:14] | But the sizing was too great. | 可是规模也太大了 |
[34:16] | Yet it wasn’t an institution. | 也不是机构投资者在操作 |
[34:19] | – And then… – When the smoke cleared? | – 然后… – 当烟幕散尽后呢 |
[34:21] | I realized I was looking at Semi-Strong Form Efficiency. | 我意识到这是个半强形式效率 |
[34:24] | Let me see. | 我看看 |
[34:25] | Whoever it was, he was fast, aggressive, sure-footed. | 不管这人是谁 他交易的时候 快准狠 |
[34:28] | You know I know Axe’s trading style better than anyone. | 我是最了解阿克塞的交易风格的 |
[34:31] | I’ve studied it. And this is him. I’m sure of it. | 我研究过 这就是他 我敢肯定 |
[34:34] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[34:36] | Who put you up to looking, Mafee? | 谁让你去留意的 玛斐 |
[34:38] | No. No, this was on my own. | 没有谁 我自己要找的 |
[34:41] | But I didn’t want to, like, commit to the idea | 但我不想在你没确认之前 |
[34:44] | that it was him without running it by you. | 就认定这是他做的 |
[34:46] | I wasn’t going to tell anyone about it. | 我没打算告诉任何人 |
[34:48] | Wasn’t, you know, tasked. | 你知道 也没有人让我留意 |
[34:59] | – Oh. Hello. – Help me figure out | – 你好 – 帮我查查谁让玛斐 |
[35:01] | who asked Mafee to find Axe through Axe’s trades. | 通过交易风格找到阿克塞的 |
[35:04] | I did it. I need to reach him, but he’s gone to ground. | 是我 我要找他 可他躲起来了 |
[35:07] | So I figured he could track him, | 所以我想着玛斐能找到他的踪迹 |
[35:09] | and then you could bait him, using what Mafee knows. | 然后你可以用这个线索引他出来 |
[35:10] | No. No one could bait him. | 不 他不会上当的 |
[35:12] | And no way Mafee sees this if Axe didn’t want to be seen. | 如果阿克塞想玩消失 玛斐找不到他的 |
[35:17] | Just a sec. | 等一下 |
[35:20] | Ah, the Count Basie Orchestra | 啊 贝西伯爵大乐团 |
[35:23] | together again. | 再度聚首啦 |
[35:25] | Only the Count himself is missing. | 只有伯爵本人缺席 |
[35:27] | Here’s how I figure it. | 我是这么想的 |
[35:29] | You followed protocol, said he was unreachable, | 你按计划行事 说找不到他 |
[35:33] | then told him I wanted to connect | 然后告诉他 我要联系他 |
[35:34] | because you can reach him, | 因为你的确知道怎么找他 |
[35:36] | and then he had to have a little fun. | 然后他就得出来搞搞事情了 |
[35:40] | Did Mafee notice a certain signature trading style | 玛斐有没有注意到能源板块出现了 |
[35:42] | in the energy sector? | 一种标志性的交易方式 |
[35:44] | I was right! Fuck yeah! | 我猜对了 棒呆 |
[35:46] | I knew there was something about that guy. | 我就知道这家伙有猫腻 |
[35:47] | Chief on that. | 果然没错 |
[35:48] | I think the big guy just wanted to know how serious | 我猜他只是想知道你到底 |
[35:52] | you were about connecting. And now he does. | 是不是真心要找他 现在他确认了 |
[35:54] | I am tempted to engage in all of this, but not enough. | 这个局挺有意思 不过我也不想参与 |
[35:57] | I’m done with intrigue, with palace coups. | 我厌倦阴谋诡计和宫斗大戏了 |
[36:00] | I just want to keep building my war chest. | 一心只想让我的本金越滚越大 |
[36:02] | Just keep making money and strengthening my rep | 使劲赚钱 努力提高我 |
[36:03] | in this fucking business, | 在这一行里的影响力 |
[36:05] | which is becoming increasingly difficult | 公司最近破事很多 |
[36:07] | with the latest bullshit at the firm. | 我的愿望越来越难实现了 |
[36:09] | We’re not done talking about this. | 我们正事还没说完呢 |
[36:11] | We are for now. | 现在说完了 |
[36:15] | But it is weirdly perfect timing, Mafee, | 不过 这个时机还真好 玛斐 |
[36:17] | I’ll grant you that. | 这一点我必须承认 |
[36:19] | I’ve been thinking about you and your shop. | 我一直在思考你和你公司的事 |
[36:20] | Its demise, really. | 它已经倒闭了 真的 |
[36:34] | Wow. | 哇 |
[36:38] | Hello, Pop. | 你好 老爸 |
[36:42] | Oh, no, I will accept your congratulations for sure, | 不 我当然会接受你的祝贺 |
[36:45] | even as this is a small… | 即便这只是一个小小的… |
[36:47] | Oh, I got another call coming in. | 我有电话进来 |
[36:49] | Let me get you back. | 我待会儿打给你 |
[36:52] | Eisen! | 艾森 |
[36:53] | Capital to hear from you, my good m… | 很高兴接到你电话 我的好哥们… |
[36:56] | And thank you for letting me know you saw it. | 谢谢你知会我 |
[36:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:00] | It is good to see that the right story is finally… | 这是好事 真相终于… |
[37:03] | Uh, there’s my front door. | 稍等 有人敲门 |
[37:06] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[37:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:10] | Back to you soon, pal. | 再联系 哥们 |
[37:15] | Holy fuckballs. | 万万没想到啊 |
[37:18] | That Lucien Porter, he did it! | 卢西恩·波特还真发表了 |
[37:20] | – This piece… – Hmm. | – 这文章… – 嗯 |
[37:22] | this piece basically says | 这文章基本就是在告诉大家 |
[37:23] | you’re the Robin Hood of New York City. | 你是纽约劫富济贫的民间英雄罗宾汉 |
[37:25] | It says you were the only person in the city, the country, | 在整个纽约 甚至是在全国范围内 |
[37:28] | who risked personal welfare | 只有你一人甘愿牺牲个人利益 |
[37:30] | to try to put the crooked billionaires away. | 誓将老奸巨猾的富豪们绳之以法 |
[37:32] | Well, I was. | 当时确实如此 |
[37:34] | I am. | 我现在也有这个决心 |
[37:36] | You… | 你… |
[37:38] | you acted surprised when Porter barged in. | 波特闯进会议室的时 你表现得很惊讶 |
[37:41] | But you weren’t, were you? | 其实你早料到了 对吧 |
[37:43] | Well, get to our age, nothing much surprises, does it? | 到了这个年纪 还有什么值得大惊小怪的 |
[37:48] | – If this gets momentum… – Sure. | – 如果这种势头持续… – 当然 |
[37:50] | If everything lined up just so, | 如果事随人愿 |
[37:53] | if this really was the time for me to assume my rightful pl… | 那我重新履职的时机就到了… |
[37:59] | The message that Porter is putting out in the world, | 波特的文章告诉了公众 |
[38:01] | that the very government I was supposed to be working for | 我为了政府兢兢业业地工作 |
[38:05] | instead fought against me to stop me from doing | 而他们却阻止我去实现 |
[38:08] | the exact thing the people wanted… | 人民真正想要实现的目标 |
[38:10] | They’re holding him up as a hero | 人们都尊奉他为 |
[38:12] | who actually does what he says. | 言出必行的英雄 |
[38:14] | arresting bad-faith actors of great wealth and power, | 逮捕位高权重且富可敌国的坏家伙 |
[38:17] | well, now who knows what could sprout from that. | 现在谁又能知道这事的走向 |
[38:20] | Students who got a taste of fairness | 当学生们认为他们的贷款将被免除 |
[38:23] | when they thought their loans would be forgiven | 他们就会尝到公平的滋味 |
[38:25] | might take to the streets! | 食髓知味之后就会上街抗议 |
[38:28] | I could see your Al Sharptons and your Nicole Wallaces | 我敢说民权领袖和电视主持人 |
[38:31] | getting into the act. | 也会加入行动 |
[38:33] | Your Warrens, your Sanderses, your AOCs. | 包括沃伦 桑德斯 科特斯这样的人 |
[38:38] | All righteously outraged | 都会义愤填膺地站出来表示 |
[38:40] | that a true champion who tried to carry their fight | 一位与他们统一战线 想要继续战斗的真正斗士 |
[38:40] | 被罢免的纽约检察官罗兹 向亿万富翁发出声讨 | |
[38:43] | was snuffed out. | 被扼杀了 |
[38:45] | This might make that same champion | 而样一来 这位斗士就可能 |
[38:47] | into the kind of public hero who’s very hard to keep down. | 成为公众英雄 打不倒压不垮了 |
[38:53] | Yeah, and even harder to prosecute. | 想要起诉这样的人 就会难上加难 |
[38:56] | The president’s going to let the State of New York decide | 总统已经决定 纽约州应当自行裁定 |
[38:59] | whether this case against Mr. Rhoades is warranted. | 对罗兹先生的指控是否合理合法 |
[39:01] | So you set all that up, too, didn’t you? | 所以这是你下的套 对吧 |
[39:04] | It’s gonna happen. | 这些都将成为现实 |
[39:06] | Once again, I think it’s fair to say it won’t surprise me. | 再说一次 我并没有感到意外 |
[39:31] | I have a spot in my pod if you’re interested. | 如果你感兴趣 我这边需要一个人 |
[39:33] | I’ve clocked some of your trades. I like what I see. | 我注意到了你的几笔交易 很不错 |
[39:35] | Okay, rad. I’ve come to see you are a many-sided figure. | 好极了 我能看出来你挺全能的 |
[39:38] | I mean, more than the eyes and ears first. | 意思就是你内涵很丰富啦 |
[39:41] | – Uh, cool. We’ll join you. – Yeah, cool, where do we…? | – 太棒了 我们加入 – 是的 我们在哪… |
[39:44] | There’s one seat available. | 只有一个名额 |
[39:45] | One. | 一个 |
[39:47] | Both of us together, or neither. | 我们俩必须同进退 |
[39:53] | I’m gonna go with neither. | 那我两个都不要 |
[39:55] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[39:59] | That was really heartening, the way you backed me. | 你能支持我 真是让我太振奋了 |
[40:01] | It reminded me of seventh grade | 让我回忆起了七年级的时候 |
[40:03] | when I was the new kid in the cafeteria and… | 我第一次进学校食堂 之后… |
[40:05] | Save it, s’il vous plaît. That’s French. | 够了 打住 刚那个词是法语 |
[40:07] | Hold the roll, you two. | 你们俩 保持住 |
[40:09] | We’re not accepting this new reality. | 新的条件我们不接受 |
[40:10] | Find a place to post up for the moment | 找个地方坚持一会儿 |
[40:12] | until I can talk to Prince. | 等我跟普林斯说上话 |
[40:16] | Pod next to us is open. | 我们旁边的地点是开放的 |
[40:18] | We can compare notes. | 我们可以交流心得 |
[40:20] | Yeah. I know what it’s like being a bird without a nest. | 对 我知道孤鸟离巢的感觉 |
[40:24] | It sucks. | 真不好受 |
[40:26] | Mmm. | 行吧 |
[40:29] | In my envisioning, | 我的设想是 |
[40:31] | this isn’t like a hierarchal thing. | 咱俩之间不分上下级 |
[40:33] | This is just like two guys making decisions together. | 这是两个人在一起做决定 |
[40:36] | Two alphas. | 强强联合 |
[40:37] | Pearl and Clyde in the Knicks backcourt together. | 就像黑珍珠和克莱德在尼克斯担任后卫 |
[40:39] | Earl “The Pearl” Monroe sacrificed ten points a game | “珍珠厄尔”门罗到了纽约 |
[40:41] | to come to New York. | 均分都下降了十分 |
[40:43] | I mean, he went from being the leader of the team | 我的意思是 他本来是队长 |
[40:45] | and top scorer in the league | 也是联盟最佳得分手 |
[40:47] | to being the third option on Clyde’s team. | 却成了克莱德队里的第三人选 |
[40:49] | Do you want me to be the third option on Michael Prince’s team? | 你想让我成为迈克尔·普林斯团队的第三人选吗 |
[40:51] | They won championships, Mark. And with all the good | 那俩球员得了冠军 马克 |
[40:54] | that you’re doing with the drug thing… | 而且你在什么药品上的业绩也不错 |
[40:55] | The drug thing is Cost Plus Drugs. | 那叫平价药房 |
[40:58] | If you’re going to run for the top slot, | 如果你想担任更高的职位 |
[41:00] | if you’re going to run the press gauntlet, | 如果你想禁得住媒体的压力 |
[41:01] | you’re going to do that. | 就得跟我联手 |
[41:03] | I’m just putting it out there that we could do it together. | 我只是想表达 我们可以一起共事 |
[41:06] | Announce a year before anybody puts their VP list together. | 比别人提前一年宣布副总统名单 |
[41:09] | I take the bulk of the scrutiny, | 大部分审查我来扛 |
[41:11] | and we are kicking butt like Nick Bockwinkel | 我们像博克温克和雷瘸子一样 |
[41:13] | and Ray “The Crippler” Stevens. | 来个大获全胜 |
[41:16] | Look, I’m more a Terry Funk guy, but regardless. | 我更喜欢特里·放克 但无论如何 |
[41:20] | The only thing that matters more to me | 我认为唯一比国家更重要的 |
[41:21] | than my country is my family. | 就是我的家人 |
[41:23] | And there’s just no way I’m gonna put them | 我不可能让他们跟着我一起 |
[41:24] | through an election cycle. | 去搞什么竞选 |
[41:26] | Especially not to be your VP or anybody’s VP. | 我也不愿意当你或者别人的副总统搭档 |
[41:30] | But, you know, I really get the sense | 但是 我也很清楚 |
[41:32] | that you asked me up here just to find out | 你叫我来 只是为了确认 |
[41:35] | if I was gonna run against you. | 我会不会和你竞争 |
[41:37] | You really just wanted to confirm that the coast was | 你只想确认一下 作为独立候选人 |
[41:39] | clear for you to run as an independent. | 参加选举的条件是否已经成熟 |
[41:42] | Well, I’m not, and it is. | 我不会 你的时机也正好 |
[41:44] | But come on, Mike. | 以后别这样了 迈克 |
[41:46] | Next time, just call me and ask me. | 下次直接打电话问我就好 |
[41:49] | Save us both some time, okay? | 这样咱俩都省事 好吗 |
[41:56] | I assume you’ve seen this? | 我想你已经看过这个了吧 |
[41:58] | Ah, the epic tale of our city’s very own Eliot Ness. | 纽约版艾略特·内斯的光辉事迹 |
[42:00] | 查克·罗兹 意料之外的英雄罗宾汉 | |
[42:01] | Do you know where it will lead? | 你知道这报道的最后走向吗 |
[42:02] | Because I do. | 因为我知道 |
[42:04] | Into the annals of folklore. | 这是要在坊间广为传颂的 |
[42:06] | Which is not where I want to take my prosecution. | 我可不想让我的诉讼案变成这样 |
[42:08] | – No, it can’t be an accident. – I saw it going down. | – 不 不可能是意外 – 我当时就在场 |
[42:10] | It didn’t turn out the way I thought. | 但事情没有按我预想的发展 |
[42:12] | Isn’t that, like, Chuck’s specialty? | 这不是查克最擅长的手段吗 |
[42:14] | Look, we both want this guy found guilty, | 听着 我们都希望这家伙能被定罪 |
[42:16] | which is what you were promising to do. | 你之前也是这么承诺的 |
[42:18] | What is it you want me to do about it? | 你想要我做什么 |
[42:19] | You’re a brilliant player. | 你应该很清楚这里面的玩法 |
[42:21] | Make some of them bold moves. | 这回就大胆一些 |
[42:23] | Make the Bezos play. | 试试贝索斯战略吧 |
[42:25] | – Buy the paper? – Yeah! | – 收购报社 – 是的 |
[42:27] | But go farther than him. Kill stories like this. | 你得更进一步 干脆让这种报道发表不了 |
[42:30] | Have them write the opposite ones. | 也可以让他们报导与事实相反的内容 |
[42:32] | Yeah, a purchase like that doesn’t fit my needs right now. | 收购报社跟我目前的需求不相符啊 |
[42:34] | Nor does taking shrapnel for steering the editorial bent | 我也不想因为左右了一家主流报的报道 |
[42:36] | of a major paper. | 而引来指责 |
[42:37] | Oh, of course, I forgot. | 当然 我没有考虑到这点 |
[42:39] | Is it too soon to start calling you Mr. President? | 我现在称呼你总统先生是不是太早了 |
[42:42] | It is. But it’s not too soon for you to put Chuck away, | 肯定早 但让你去搞定查克不算早了吧 |
[42:45] | which is what you promised to do, | 你之前承诺过要做到这一点 |
[42:47] | instead of leaving openings for him to exploit. | 结果你给他留下了可乘之机 |
[42:48] | I don’t tell you what stocks to buy and when, | 我不会告诉你什么时候买什么股票 |
[42:51] | so you can save your dime-store critique | 你也别在这里班门弄斧 |
[42:52] | of my case-building, dude. | 对我的案子指手画脚了 |
[42:57] | Sorry to interrupt, but this | 抱歉打扰了 但是 |
[42:59] | is about business of the day. | 这事今天得处理 |
[43:01] | You were told to wait, to talk to Sacker and Scooter and Wags. | 让你去跟塞克 斯科特 或者瓦格纳谈 |
[43:03] | We did talk. | 我们谈过了 |
[43:04] | Guess it didn’t take. | 应该是没谈拢 |
[43:06] | We were told you wanted us to run your company, | 我们得知你想让我们接手你的公司了 |
[43:08] | so we need to talk to you about it. | 所以需要和你谈谈 |
[43:09] | I’m… I’m sorry about this timing, | 很抱歉… 我来的不是时候 |
[43:11] | but this is kind of urgent. | 但这事有点急 |
[43:12] | – If you could… – Yeah, yeah. | – 你是否可以… – 是的 可以 |
[43:14] | Thanks, Mike. | 谢谢你 迈克 |
[43:15] | Seems like everything’s running great for you. | 看来你把公司经营得不错呀 |
[43:22] | The whole idea was that you weren’t going to micromanage. | 我明白你是不想事必躬亲 |
[43:24] | This is macro. | 这就是宏观管理 |
[43:26] | The whole place, right? The structure of the place. | 这么大个公司 得有自己的体系 |
[43:28] | The physical plant. | 具体的架构 |
[43:30] | Within that structure, you two make the calls. | 在这个体系中 你们俩来做决策 |
[43:32] | – Stepped right into that one. – But you are right. | – 直接进入正题 – 但你是对的 |
[43:34] | This is an operations call, and we are operating the firm. | 这是运营决策 我们要运营公司 |
[43:37] | Except our square peg personnel | 可是我们的员工都被逼的 |
[43:38] | are getting muscled into round holes. | 跟这个地方格格不入了 |
[43:40] | This functioned perfectly in a separate… | 之前分开运营时候 效果不错… |
[43:42] | I can’t… we can’t have two different vehicles. | 不行 不可以分开运营 |
[43:45] | It can’t appear that you have split focus, | 不能让人以为你们一心二用 |
[43:47] | – and you can’t have split focus. – Because you’re going to. | – 你绝对不能分心 – 因为你要分心了 |
[43:49] | I focus fully on whatever I’m looking at. | 我要做的事 必须绝对专注 |
[43:50] | And when those walls came down, | 玻璃墙拆掉了 |
[43:52] | you had to know they weren’t going back up. | 就不能再装回去 |
[43:53] | – So, what do you want? – Let me. | – 所以 你要干嘛 – 我来说 |
[43:57] | Taylor, Philip, | 泰勒 菲利普 |
[43:59] | this whole place needs to feel that it is looking to you two, | 要让所有人感觉到 你们能靠得住 |
[44:03] | and that you two are looking back. | 而你们也不会辜负大家的期望 |
[44:04] | A direct engagement. | 面对面的交流 |
[44:06] | And you know who else needs to feel that, | 知道还有谁需要感受到你们的决心吗 |
[44:08] | that you are wholly, 100% invested in making money, | 感受到你们百分百投入到迈克尔·普林斯资本 |
[44:12] | gobs of it, for Michael Prince Capital? | 为公司赚大钱的决心 |
[44:15] | Is that guy right there. | 正是迈克本人 |
[44:18] | It’s the one thing that will free him | 只有这样 他才能有时间 |
[44:20] | to go and get done that which he must. | 去完成他自己的事业 |
[44:27] | For all of us. | 为了我们所有人 |
[44:35] | What she said. | 她说得对 |
[44:39] | Fine. We accept the new conditions, but with a demand. | 好吧 我们接受新的条件 但有个要求 |
[44:42] | We need to make a key hire or two | 我们需要雇佣一到两个关键人才 |
[44:44] | of the kind of folks who understand | 他们必须懂得 |
[44:45] | that whole “Gobs of money” Thing. | 怎样大把挣钱 |
[44:47] | Especially in… even in the kind of markets | 特别是 知道怎么面对 |
[44:48] | we are dealing with now. | 我们现在所处的市场 |
[44:49] | I’ll meet your prospectives, | 我会面试你们的潜在人选 |
[44:51] | just to rubber-stamp… | 先签下来… |
[44:52] | No way. Unless we fuck one up, | 不行 除非我们搞砸了 |
[44:53] | we hire who we want to fulfill our needs. That’s our condition. | 不然我们想用谁就用谁 这就是条件 |
[44:56] | And we need to be able to get time with you | 当我们需要跟你商量的时候 |
[44:58] | when we need counsel. Sacker is great. | 你得出现 塞克很不错 |
[45:00] | You’re great, Kate. As are Scooter and Wags. | 你真的不错 斯科特和瓦格纳也不错 |
[45:02] | But there are big decisions we will need | 但有些重大决策我们需要 |
[45:03] | the direct Mike magic on. | 你本人来进行指导 |
[45:05] | You’ll keep Wags and Scooter informed. | 你可以随时寻求瓦格纳和斯库特的帮助 |
[45:06] | And Sacker on anything legal or legal adjacent. | 有任何法律或法律相关问题 就找塞克 |
[45:09] | And I’ll make myself available weekly. | 我会每周腾出时间来见你们 |
[45:12] | But you two need to run this place profitably | 但你们得好好让这个地方盈利 |
[45:14] | while I work on banging this country back into shape. | 而我则要保证这个国家恢复元气 |
[45:18] | It’s been said one is either a hammer or an anvil. | 人要么是刀俎 要么是鱼肉 |
[45:22] | Good people have been the anvil for too long. | 好人当鱼肉的时间太长了 |
[45:38] | I know you’re tight with them, that you have relationships, | 我知道你们关系很好 联系紧密 |
[45:40] | and it’s no fun taking the position you have to on this. | 你能守住立场也不容易 |
[45:42] | But it’s necessary, and I appreciate it. | 但这也是必要的 我很感激你的付出 |
[45:45] | Hey, I’m your house counsel. | 我是公司内部律师 |
[45:47] | The gig is to protect you against all threats, | 我的职责是保护你不会受到任何 |
[45:50] | foreign and domestic. | 来自内部和外部的威胁 |
[45:52] | And I can’t get to where I’m going | 只有你先达成了自己的目标 |
[45:54] | until you get to where you’re going first. | 我才能有发展空间 |
[46:02] | You hear that shit? | 你听到他的话了吧 |
[46:04] | Hammer and anvil? | 刀俎和鱼肉 |
[46:05] | That’s fucking Hitler from Munich in ’29. | 1929年希特勒在慕尼黑的讲话就有类似内容 |
[46:08] | Is he hoping people won’t notice, | 他希望人们注意到 |
[46:10] | or that they will? | 还是不注意到 |
[46:12] | I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[46:15] | But we’ve got to figure this the fuck out. | 但我们必须把这事弄清楚 |
[46:21] | The jig is up The news is out | ♪ 好事不出门 坏事传千里 ♪ |
[46:23] | They’ve finally found me | ♪ 还是被他们发现了 ♪ |
[46:26] | The renegade Who had it made | ♪ 制造它的叛徒 ♪ |
[46:27] | Retrieved for a bounty | ♪ 拿到了赏金 ♪ |
[46:29] | – Working here! – It’ll only take a minute. | – 我在工作呢 – 就占用你一分钟 |
[46:34] | What the fuck? | 什么情况 |
[46:36] | I got to nail the doggy door shut. | 看来我得把狗门钉上 |
[46:38] | Your wife let us in. | 你太太让我们进来的 |
[46:45] | Who’s he, your dentist? | 他是谁 你的牙医吗 |
[46:48] | I don’t even know what that means. | 你什么意思 |
[46:49] | We’ve met, like, twice. | 我们都见过两次了 |
[46:51] | What happened? | 什么情况 |
[46:52] | You had a whole office and a company. | 你之前有公司 有个像样的办公室 |
[46:54] | Now you have a garage and a bathrobe. | 现在怎么沦落到在车库穿浴袍办公 |
[46:56] | If I think the word “Blowjob,” | 如果我的脑海中蹦出”口交”这个词 |
[46:58] | I want to be able to say the word “Blowjob.” | 我希望我能毫无顾忌地把它说出来 |
[47:01] | – Naturally. – You’re trying to be funny, | – 当然可以 – 你说得轻巧 |
[47:03] | but you get it, right? | 但其实你们都明白 对吧 |
[47:04] | I mean, the Street these days, | 如今的华尔街 |
[47:06] | it’s a woke fucking preschool. | 就像个闹哄哄的幼儿园 |
[47:09] | You miss rolling out mats for naptime | 忘记铺开垫子午休 |
[47:11] | and skip juice boxes once, it’s a major fucking felony. | 忘记喝果汁 那可都是重罪 |
[47:14] | You had culture problems at the office. | 你是适应不了公司文化吧 |
[47:17] | Culture. Ugh. | 去他的公司文化 |
[47:19] | You either earn, or you do not. | 要么赚得盆满钵满 要么赔得一文不剩 |
[47:21] | And you started losing your analysts, then your traders, | 随后你的分析师走了 交易员走了 |
[47:23] | and even your back office. | 办公室没了 |
[47:25] | Then your outside money. | 外部资金也耗光了 |
[47:26] | – Then, even Mafee. – He told you? | – 最后玛斐也离你而去 – 他跟你说的吗 |
[47:28] | I smelled it on him. | 我看他那副样子就猜出来了 |
[47:30] | Well, despite all that bullshizzle, | 好吧 随便你们怎么说 |
[47:32] | I’m still a gunslinger. | 但我依然是个枪手 |
[47:33] | And a gunslinger’s what we need. | 我们正好需要一位枪手 |
[47:35] | For what? | 要枪手干嘛 |
[47:36] | Philip and I run Michael Prince Capital together. | 菲利普和我接管了迈克尔·普林斯资本 |
[47:38] | Yeah, I heard something about that. | 对 我都听说了 |
[47:40] | Props to you. | 干得不错 |
[47:42] | We’re here to offer you a PM job. | 我们想请你担任项目经理一职 |
[47:45] | – Is that right? – Yes. | – 真的吗 – 是的 |
[47:48] | We’d start you off with your own book, | 你可以独立管理账目 |
[47:49] | 20% more capital under management than when you left. | 能比离开时多拿百分之二十的资金 |
[47:51] | Yeah, and what about the Great Gazoo over there? | 那你们的大老板呢 |
[47:53] | How long before he starts getting up in my business? | 他打算什么时候开始对我指手画脚 |
[47:55] | You mean Prince? He won’t. He left it to us. | 普林斯吗 不会了 他把公司都交给我们了 |
[47:57] | It’s true. He’s busy with other projects. | 没错 他手上有其他事情要忙 |
[47:58] | And while he did dictate overall expectations, | 他确实制定了总体目标 |
[48:00] | he leaves the strat and execution to us. | 但具体的决策权和执行权在我们手上 |
[48:02] | A lot of latitude. A lot of freedom. | 纬度很高 非常自由 |
[48:05] | Yeah, I know latitude means freedom in this context. | 我听懂了 纬度是自由的意思 |
[48:12] | Can I say “Blowjob”? | 我能说”口交”两个字吗 |
[48:13] | Yes, but not to anyone. | 可以 不过别在人前说 |
[48:15] | Yeah, not in anyone’s presence, | 没错 不要对着任何人说 |
[48:17] | but you can think it loud as you want. | 你自己一个人的时候想怎样都行 |
[48:18] | Then I pass. | 那算了 |
[48:20] | – So you’re happy here? – Like a pig in shit. | – 你在这里开心吗 – 非常非常开心 |
[48:22] | Blowjob, blowjob, blowjob! | 口交 口交 口交 |
[48:25] | The jig is up The news is out | ♪ 好事不出门 坏事传千里 ♪ |
[48:27] | They’ve finally found me | ♪ 还是被他们发现了 ♪ |
[48:30] | The renegade Who had it made | ♪ 制造它的叛徒 ♪ |
[48:32] | Retrieved For a bounty | ♪ 拿到了赏金 ♪ |
[48:47] | Now that’s my kind of approach. | 我就这样被围追堵截了 |
[48:50] | We were supposed to be in this together, | 我们本来是同一战线的 |
[48:51] | but you decided to go off-roading. | 结果你单飞了 |
[48:53] | Well, you made me ashamed to be seen in public. | 你让我羞于在公共场合露面 |
[48:55] | Divided my family. | 让我妻离子散 |
[48:56] | And you shut me out. | 最后还把我拒之门外 |
[48:58] | It created a vacuum of trust. | 我们之间的信任已荡然无存 |
[49:00] | Chuck, this is making my job harder. | 查克 你让我很难办 |
[49:03] | And you were the one who wanted to take him down | 本来就是你 |
[49:05] | – in the first place. – Yeah. | – 想要扳倒他的 – 没错 |
[49:07] | I am the one supposed to take him down. | 我是想要扳倒他 |
[49:08] | Or maybe I’ll do nothing. | 或者我也可以按兵不动 |
[49:10] | Either way, I won’t do it in custody. | 无论如何 你不放了我 我就躺平 |
[49:13] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷 |
[49:15] | You’re a student of history, so you know that Federal Hall | 你是学历史的 你应该知道联邦大厦 |
[49:17] | was the original seat of government in the colonies. | 最开始是殖民政府所在地 |
[49:19] | Sure. It’s where George Washington | 没错 这里还是乔治·华盛顿 |
[49:22] | took the first oath of office. | 宣誓就职的地方 |
[49:23] | Bunch of very conflicted men with a lot of flaws. | 这些人内心矛盾 缺点也很多 |
[49:27] | Lots. | 很多 |
[49:28] | To be sure. | 是的 |
[49:30] | But they were trying to transcend themselves | 但他们倾力打造的一切 |
[49:31] | with what they were doing in there, what they were building. | 都是为了超越自我 |
[49:33] | They weren’t doing it so that one day a bunch of plutocrats | 他们尽心竭力 不是为了让一群财阀可以拥有 |
[49:37] | could live with more power than the king they’d fled. | 比他们逃离的君主更多的权力 |
[49:39] | You set this whole thing up, didn’t you? | 这都是你一手操控的 对吗 |
[49:41] | Even though you were under a gag order. | 尽管你还受封口令的限制 |
[49:44] | Maybe for once, something just worked out. | 也许这一次我能得偿所愿呢 |
[49:45] | No. There are calls for your release all over the city. | 不 现在全城的人都在呼吁释放你 |
[49:49] | Politicians. Civic leaders. | 政客 市政领袖 |
[49:51] | There are goddamn marches being planned, | 游行示威的势力正蠢蠢欲动 |
[49:53] | making it real tough to empanel an unbiased jury. | 这让我们很难安排公正的陪审团 |
[49:56] | I’ve got the governor on my call sheet, | 州长已经在我的通话名单上了 |
[49:58] | and I have a feeling I know what it’s about: | 我知道接下来该怎么做 |
[50:00] | dropping the case against you. | 撤销对你的起诉 |
[50:02] | I were in your shoes, I’d tell them to fuck themselves. | 如果我是你 我会让他们滚蛋 |
[50:05] | Of course, we know where that attitude got me. | 当然 这种态度给我惹了不少麻烦 |
[50:08] | Bounced out of office. Twice. | 让我两次惨遭罢免 |
[50:10] | You’re making your only friend into your enemy. | 你把自己唯一的朋友变成了敌人 |
[50:13] | Not the first time. | 反正也不是第一次了 |
[50:35] | All right, you motherfuckers! | 混球们 都给我听好了 |
[50:38] | When that bell rings, I’m coming out of the gates | 一开盘 我就会饥不择食地 |
[50:40] | like I ain’t been fed for a week. | 冲出大门 |
[50:42] | Better try and stay with me | 我劝你们最好跟上节奏 |
[50:43] | or get ready to look real fucking bad | 否则到了定薪的时候 |
[50:45] | come comp time. | 场面会很难看 |
[50:51] | I’m not sure I like this. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[50:52] | Am I supposed to like this? | 我应该喜欢吗 |
[50:54] | Like you said, we had to give them something. | 你也说过 得给他们一点发挥的空间 |
[50:56] | This guy, though? | 把这家伙招回来了 |
[50:57] | I can’t have a whiff of how he used to do it. | 真不知道他以前是怎么混下去的 |
[50:59] | I can’t have it. | 完全不知道 |
[51:00] | I’ll be sure to keep him on a tight leash. | 不过我一定有办法降住他 |
[51:02] | Make it a choke collar. | 把他管服帖了 |
[51:10] | This smells good, doesn’t it? | 好香啊 是吧 |
[51:14] | – Hi, Chuck. – Nice to see you, Chuck. | – 嗨 查克 – 很高兴见到你 查克 |
[51:16] | – It’s great to see you. – Everybody’s talking about you. | – 很高兴见到你 – 现在所有人都在谈论你 |
[51:18] | Well, that’s good to hear. Thank you. | 那可真是个好消息 谢谢你 |
[51:23] | You seem to be enjoying yourself. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[51:25] | Well, you do the right thing for the right reason, | 你只需要走好第一步 |
[51:27] | the rest just seems to take care of itself. | 接下来的事自会顺理成章 |
[51:30] | It’s supposed to, yes. | 的确如此 |
[51:32] | – Hey, care to join us? – No. | – 要跟我们一起用餐吗 – 不了 |
[51:34] | I just, uh, came to drop off Eva’s bag. | 我是来给伊娃送包的 |
[51:37] | She left it at my place. | 她把包落在我那里了 |
[51:38] | She’s staying with you tonight. | 她今晚住你那里 |
[51:40] | – I have a thing came up at work. – You know, old days, | – 我有工作要处理 – 你以前就算再忙 |
[51:42] | busy as you were, you rarely missed a night with the kids. | 也很少会错过和孩子们共度良宵的机会 |
[51:44] | Old days. Yeah, well, a lot was different. | 以前是以前 现在是现在 |
[51:47] | Uh-huh. Bye. | 回见 |
[51:58] | Right this way, folks. | 这边 各位 |
[51:59] | I know, it’s impressive, isn’t it? | 很特别的建筑 对吧 |
[52:01] | – Very old. – It’s crazy. | – 年代久远 – 不可思议 |
[52:03] | Keep together for a good look at the tower. | 大家好好看看这座塔 |
[52:06] | At various times a prison, | 在不同的历史时期 这里曾是监狱 |
[52:09] | a fortress, a royal residence. | 军事堡垒 皇家宫殿 |
[52:13] | For hundreds of years, | 几百年来 |
[52:14] | this was the start of a procession | 前往威斯敏斯特教堂 |
[52:17] | to Westminster Abbey | 参加新任君主加冕仪式的仪仗队 |
[52:18] | for the coronation of a new monarch. | 就是从这里启程 |
[52:21] | Stirring spot, isn’t it? | 真是个令人激动的地方 不是吗 |
[52:29] | And I think I understand why you picked it. | 我知道你为什么要选在这里了 |
[52:33] | But I was surprised this was the meet. | 不过我很意外你选了这里见面 |
[52:39] | I thought I’d have to take a longer flight to see you. | 我还以为要见你得去更远的地方 |
[52:41] | Maybe blindfolded, | 也许还会被蒙上眼睛 |
[52:43] | so I couldn’t lead them back to you, even under duress. | 这样就算受到胁迫 我也没法带他们找你 |
[52:46] | Well, you know, geopolitics is fluid. | 地缘政治不会一成不变 |
[52:51] | Early in the conflict, | 俄乌战争初期 |
[52:52] | Ukraine wanted Javelin anti-tanks, other things. | 乌克兰想要标枪反坦克导弹什么的 |
[52:56] | Western governments weren’t able to get them there first. | 西方政府根本做不到 |
[52:58] | You? | 是你办成的 |
[53:00] | Structured the deal. | 我安排了这场交易 |
[53:03] | Took care of the financing. Arranged a friend… | 解决了资金问题 让一个朋友 |
[53:05] | a guy you would not expect… | 一个你想不到的人 |
[53:07] | to find and deliver the actual arms. | 找到并运送真枪实弹 |
[53:11] | Bought me a great deal of goodwill | 让我在整个欧洲大陆有了声望 |
[53:13] | all across the continent, EU and here. | 包括欧盟 还有这里 |
[53:15] | Who’s better than you at seeing something like that | 谁能比你更擅长分析这种事 |
[53:17] | and figuring out how to make a trade of it? | 并想出交易方案呢 |
[53:19] | Your guy Prince must be better, right? | 你的普林斯就可以 不是吗 |
[53:23] | Don’t call him my guy. | 别这么叫他 他不是我的什么人 |
[53:26] | Even for you, that’s harsh. | 听你这么叫他 我心里不好受 |
[53:28] | You’re at that company every day. | 你每天都去公司上班 |
[53:29] | He must be doing something right. | 说明他也不是一无是处 |
[53:31] | I didn’t come over here for the cracks. | 我不是来听你耍嘴皮子的 |
[53:32] | I came over here for your help, Bobby. | 我是来寻求你的帮助 博比 |
[53:35] | Walk away. | 离开吧 |
[53:36] | Not how I roll. | 这不是我的风格 |
[53:39] | We built that place, you and me. | 公司是你我一手创立的 |
[53:42] | If I leave… | 如果我走了… |
[53:43] | Look, it’s still intact, for now. | 现在公司的情况是还不错 |
[53:45] | But it won’t be if the guy who’s running it | 但如果掌权者不转变他的方式 |
[53:47] | keeps going the way he is. | 它迟早会有崩塌的那一天 |
[53:48] | The people won’t be intact. | 到那时员工们会散了的 |
[53:50] | What am I supposed to do, fix it? | 那我应该怎么做 改变这一切吗 |
[53:52] | It’s not just the firm I’m worried about. | 我担心的不仅仅是公司 |
[53:55] | I’m worried the damage he’s going to do | 我还担心他的所作所为 |
[53:57] | is even greater outside. | 会对外部造成更大的破环 |
[53:58] | But, yeah, let’s… let’s start with figuring out | 不过 我们还是得先解决内部问题 |
[54:00] | how we protect the thing that we made. | 保护好我们的心血 |
[54:05] | If that’s why you’ve come, you’re not alone. | 如果你是为这个来的 那你就不是一个人 |
[54:17] | Well, shit. | 好吧 |
[54:20] | Look what we have here. | 看看都有谁来了 |
[54:22] | Luke, Leia, and Chewie. | 卢克 莱雅 还有楚伊 |
[54:27] | All that’s missing is Han and the Millennium Falcon. | 就差汉和千年隼号飞船了 |
[54:34] | I guess that’s where I come in. | 那就由我来弥补这个空缺吧 |
[54:45] | 深切怀念查尔斯·科佩尔曼 本片执行制片人布莱恩·科佩尔曼的父亲 音乐家 音乐制作人 商界大亨 |