时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | New York, we did it! | 纽约 我们做到了 |
[00:09] | Prince didn’t pull this off all by his lonesome. | 普林斯孤身一人做不到这些 |
[00:11] | So we separate Prince from his power base. | 我们要把他的支持力量全部坐空 |
[00:14] | Philip gets first pick. He’s outperformed everyone lately. | 菲利普最先选 最近他的业绩比所有人都好 |
[00:16] | I already started working on Hypersonic. | 我已经开始和超音合作了 |
[00:18] | I’m in the process of building a relationship with the CEO. | 已经和他们公司首席执行官开始联系 |
[00:20] | There are major problems | 他们的技术和航空生理学 |
[00:22] | with their tech and aviation physiology. | 有重大问题 |
[00:24] | There’s no way to trade out without taking a massive loss. | 如果不大量亏损 我们无法抛出 |
[00:26] | What do you think they’re agreeing to right now? | 你觉得他们现在在谈什么 |
[00:27] | Oh, fuck. | 哦 妈的 |
[00:29] | There is an item that I have | 我把一个条款 |
[00:30] | jammed into a certain bill | 偷偷混进了某个提案里 |
[00:32] | that will also be passing, | 它会被同时通过 |
[00:34] | closing the carried interest loophole. | 堵住附带权益漏洞 |
[00:36] | So, what do we need to do to get the bullet out of the gun? | 那我们要怎样清空弹匣呢 |
[00:40] | Had we known, we never would have been party | 但凡我们知情 我们不可能 |
[00:41] | to such malfeasance. | 参与这种行为 |
[00:43] | These men and women were unknowingly brought in | 这些人在不知不觉间 |
[00:46] | to an attempt to commit bribery at a very high level. | 参与到了贿赂高层的行动中 |
[00:51] | You gotta be kidding me, Mike. It’s BS, Andy. | – 你在开玩笑 迈克 – 都是胡说八道 安迪 |
[00:53] | This news is our boarding pass out of our fucked situation. | 这条新闻是我们帮助摆脱困境的门票 |
[00:57] | I figured you’d need help | 我觉得你会需要帮助 |
[00:59] | unloading the shares at the open. | 在开市的时候抛售股份 |
[01:00] | Yes, another set of hands would be good. | 是的 有个帮手会更好 |
[01:02] | We can work through this. | 我们能解决的 |
[01:03] | I’m afraid the New York Games are tainted now. | 我担心现在纽约奥运会已经有污点了 |
[01:06] | The ICS has come to the conclusion | 国际体委会决定 |
[01:08] | that the 2028 Games | 2028年奥运会 |
[01:10] | can no longer be held in New York City. | 将不能在纽约举办 |
[01:47] | An icy wind burns and scars | ♪冰冷寒风阵阵 留下伤痕♪ |
[01:50] | Rushes in Like a fallen star | ♪如流星坠落♪ |
[01:54] | Through the narrow space Between these bars | ♪穿过这些栏杆狭窄的空间♪ |
[01:57] | Looking down On Prison Grove | ♪小瞧了格罗夫监狱♪ |
[02:17] | Dug in, hunkered down | ♪弯腰 俯身♪ |
[02:20] | Hours race without a sound | ♪时间飞逝 不留痕迹♪ |
[02:24] | Gonna carry me To where I’m bound | ♪将我带到我本该到的地方♪ |
[02:27] | Looking down On Prison Grove | ♪小瞧了格罗夫监狱♪ |
[02:38] | Two kinds of men. | 两种人 |
[02:40] | Those who, in defeat, pretend they never cared… | 在失败中 一种装作毫不在意 |
[02:44] | and those who come alone | 还有一种 孤身一人收拾行囊 |
[02:45] | to pack up their gear and soak in the loss. | 然后继续沉浸在悲痛之中 |
[02:50] | I, like you, am a soaker. | 我和你一样 都沉浸在悲伤里 |
[02:53] | I’m no soaker. I’m a rebuilder. | 我不沉溺于过去 我是重建者 |
[02:57] | Pat Riley approach. | 像帕特里克·莱利那样 |
[02:59] | Ah. The godfather. | 哦 《教父》那样 |
[03:01] | Another great sage intimate with the subject of defeat. | 另一位常常遭遇失败的圣人 |
[03:05] | And victory. | 也有胜利 |
[03:06] | Mostly victory. | 大多数是胜利 |
[03:08] | “A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.” | 冠军需要远高于胜利的意志 |
[03:12] | Wiser words, huh? | 智者之言 对吧 |
[03:16] | State your purpose. | 直说你来做什么 |
[03:19] | Well, in the spirit of all this inspirational talk, | 好吧 以这些励志语录之名 |
[03:21] | I wonder if you’d be motivated to unload this office building | 我想知道你愿不愿意 抛售这座办公楼 |
[03:26] | and some of the other property you bought for the Olympics | 还有你为奥运买下的其他资产 |
[03:28] | to the state land bank. | 卖给州立土地银行 |
[03:32] | When I was bootstrapping | 当我在旧金山湾区 |
[03:33] | my first startup in the Bay Area, | 创立我的第一家公司的时候 |
[03:35] | I was motivated to go down to Geraldine’s Seafood Market early | 我每天都很早到杰拉尔丁海鲜市场 |
[03:38] | so I could buy the freshest catch before anyone else. | 好比别人先买到最新鲜的刚捞上来的海产 |
[03:42] | Now, I just buy the fishing boats. | 而现在 我直接买船 |
[03:44] | Well, by cutting out the middleman, | 除去中间商 |
[03:46] | that makes you the middleman, no? | 然后自己做中间商 是不是 |
[03:48] | No, Chuck, it makes me rich, | 不 查克 这让我变得富有 |
[03:49] | with no need to unload anything at any time | 让我无论何时都没必要为了任何人的想法 |
[03:52] | for anyone’s reasons other than my own. | 舍弃任何东西 |
[03:55] | It makes sense to free up acres of land you no longer need. | 但解锁你不再需要的地皮 是很有意义的 |
[03:58] | Sell it back to the land bank. I’ll offer you a fair price. | 卖回给土地银行 我会开一个合适的价格 |
[04:01] | Market rate. | 市场价 |
[04:03] | Yeah, I’m not in the business of buying high and selling low. | 我不是那种高买低卖的人 |
[04:05] | And if I was, I don’t think you’d be the fella | 就算我要卖 |
[04:08] | I’d want on the other side of that deal. | 也不会卖给你 |
[04:09] | You have to know that. | 你知道的 |
[04:11] | So, what’s your true reason for being here? | 所以 你来这里到底要做什么 |
[04:13] | You trying to prompt me | 你想刺激我 |
[04:14] | into making some mistake out of anger? | 让我在暴怒之下做错事 |
[04:17] | I think you’ve mistaken me for someone looking for a fight. | 我觉得你不应该把我看作来挑事儿的 |
[04:19] | That’s in the past. I’m here to find a way forward, | 都过去了 我是来寻求发展的 |
[04:22] | leave you with dignity in defeat. | 让你失败了也留点颜面 |
[04:24] | Hallmark of a guy trying to give the other guy dignity | 哪个想给别人尊严的人 |
[04:27] | is hitting the word “defeat” | 会一直强调”失败”这个词 |
[04:29] | harder than Earnie Shavers hit the heavy bag. | 强调得比荣尼·沙弗斯打沙袋还重 |
[04:31] | I may not be quite as evolved | 我可能还没 |
[04:34] | as I’d wish…yet. | 像我想的那么会说话 |
[04:35] | I’m working on it. | 我在努力 |
[04:37] | Aren’t we all. | 我们都是 |
[04:38] | What, you’re really here to end this? | 哦 那你真是来结束对战的 |
[04:40] | Armistice? Ceasefire? What are you offering? | 休战 停火 你要什么 |
[04:43] | I guess I need to see if I believe you are standing down. | 我想我要看看是 你是不是真的退出了 |
[04:46] | Do I look like a man readying for battle right now? | 我看着像是会随时开战的人吗 |
[04:49] | No. | 不像 |
[04:51] | So like that fabled, frosty, starlit | 就像故事里霜冻的 星光闪闪的 |
[04:53] | December night in 1914, | 那个1914年十二月晚上 |
[04:55] | when a melody drifted over the darkness of no man’s land, | 当旋律流淌过无人区的黑暗 |
[04:58] | British and German troops called a truce | 英国和德国双方休战 |
[05:00] | to sing holiday carols, | 共唱圣诞颂歌 |
[05:01] | lighting trees in the trenches rather than cannons, | 在战壕里点亮圣诞树 而不是点燃炮火 |
[05:04] | a symbol of an Earth where there could indeed be peace. | 象征着地球总会迎接和平 |
[05:07] | That particular truce didn’t last very long. | 那次停战没维持多久 |
[05:08] | No, it didn’t. | 对 是不久 |
[05:10] | Walter Sinclair Smith stopped a Mauser round, | 沃尔特·辛克莱·史密斯被步枪打死 |
[05:12] | and it was back to business. As am I. | – 而战斗又开始了 – 我也一样 |
[05:14] | The past is in my rear-view. | 过去的已经过去了 |
[05:16] | I wanted the Olympics for NYC. We didn’t get it. | 我想过让奥运会落地纽约 我们没能做到 |
[05:20] | But there’s no reason to ready the nukes. | 但没必要剑拔弩张 |
[05:22] | I thrive in peacetime. | 我会在和平里重振 |
[05:24] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[05:26] | Oh, it’s what I live for. | 我就是靠这个过活 |
[05:29] | But, of course, | 当然 |
[05:31] | the best way to peace is through overwhelming force. | 但通往和平最好的办法 还是压倒性的能力 |
[05:52] | I was up all night with it. If he could have let it go, | 我想了一晚上 如果他放手 |
[05:55] | then maybe I’d have been able to move on. | 我也能让这件事过去 |
[05:56] | But, no, Chuck lives for just this kind of conflict. | 但不是 查克是靠这种冲突生活的 |
[05:59] | He had to remind me that he took from me. | 他必须要提醒我 他胜利了 |
[06:02] | – Now it’s time to take back. – Sure, boss. | – 是时候赢回来了 – 当然 老大 |
[06:04] | Let’s go full Rooster Cogburn on his ass. | 让我们像狂人考伯恩那样好好收拾他 |
[06:06] | That makes me Mattie Ross. Out for blood. | 那我就是玛蒂·罗斯了 为报血仇 |
[06:09] | Didn’t realize you took this setback so personally. | 我都不知道你对这次失败这么认真 |
[06:11] | I was brought in to land the Olympics safely, | 我来是为了协助奥运成功举办 |
[06:13] | not to have them blow up like an Irish car bomb. | 而不是像爱尔兰汽车爆炸掉 |
[06:15] | Well, I could still use your legal expertise. | 我还是需要你的专业法律知识 |
[06:17] | Chuck is an elected official, | 查克是民选官员 |
[06:19] | which by its very nature makes him vulnerable. | 这是他天然的弱点 |
[06:21] | Sure, what are we gonna do? | 当然 我们要做什么 |
[06:23] | Line up and vote him out in two years? | 整装待发 然后两年后把他投出去 |
[06:31] | There’s a much smaller vote that can take place, and sooner. | 最近有个小规模投票 很快就来了 |
[06:34] | The rare, quick arrivederci of New York politics. | 在纽约政治中罕见的快速流程 |
[06:40] | Chuck can be removed as AG. | 查克可以从检察长上被撤下来 |
[06:42] | He’s standing over a trapdoor as we speak. | 我们说话时他正站在陷阱口上 |
[06:45] | How do we pull the lever? | 怎么把他拉下来 |
[06:47] | Get the governor on board, for starters. | 首先 让州长同意 |
[06:49] | Then it’s a two-thirds majority of the state Senate. | 然后取得州参议院三分之二的支持 |
[06:51] | But you’re up against Chuck’s entrenched interests | 但你要面对的是查克在这个州各个角落 |
[06:53] | in every corner of the state, | 根深蒂固的利益链条 |
[06:54] | from Taughannock Falls to Lake Placid. | 从陶汉诺克瀑布到普拉西德湖 |
[06:56] | I know how to make new friends. | 我很会交新朋友 |
[06:58] | It’s easier when the old ones | 如果老朋友没先发制人人身攻击你 |
[06:59] | aren’t poisoning the well before you drink from it. | 那将会更容易 |
[07:01] | I agree. If Chuck even catches wind of you | 我同意 如果查克哪怕得到一点风声 |
[07:03] | trying to trade favors in his ring, | 你在他的势力范围买通人 |
[07:05] | you better have muleta and sword ready. | 你得把长剑和红布都准备好 |
[07:06] | He’ll come charging right at you. | 他立刻就会撞向你 |
[07:07] | Common misconception | 一般来说大家都认为 |
[07:09] | that bulls become angry when they see red. | 公牛是因为看见红色才发怒 |
[07:11] | No, they respond to the movement of the cape, not the color, | 但它们是回应斗篷的动作 不是颜色 |
[07:13] | which is red to mask the blood. | 红色只是为了掩盖血迹 |
[07:15] | So we need to wave something to get his attention. | 所以我们需要声东击西 |
[07:56] | I know what we need to do. | 我知道怎么做了 |
[08:13] | Welcome to The Bates. How may I assist you? | 欢迎来到贝茨俱乐部 需要什么帮助 |
[08:15] | I’m here to meet a Mr. Legere. | 我来见莱热尔先生 |
[08:16] | Sure, one moment. | 当然 请稍等 |
[08:21] | I’m sorry, he hasn’t arrived yet. | 抱歉 他还没到 |
[08:23] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[08:25] | I’m sorry, ma’am, | 不好意思女士 |
[08:27] | are you a member? | 你是会员吗 |
[08:28] | No, like I said, | 不 我说了 |
[08:30] | I’m meeting Stuart Legere, who is. | 我是来见斯图尔特·莱热尔的 他是会员 |
[08:32] | You’ll have to wait outside. | 那您得去外面等 |
[08:33] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:35] | The executive lounge is for members only. | 行政休息室仅为会员服务 |
[08:37] | You mean the lobby? I can’t sit in the lobby? | 你是说大堂吗 我连大堂都不能坐吗 |
[08:40] | All guests must be accompanied by members while on premises. | 所有客人都需会员陪同在场 |
[08:52] | I’m sure it’s a great stock, | 我确定那只股票超好 |
[08:53] | and I’d go all in on it if I worked | 如果我在JT马琳工作 |
[08:55] | at fucking JT Marlin, | 我一定全投进去 |
[08:57] | but I have to produce results. | 但我得制造结果 |
[08:59] | Oh, hold it for me, please! | 哦 请等一下 拜托 |
[09:00] | I’m sorry, lady, that’s not how it works. | 不好意思女士 这里不是这样的 |
[09:02] | You got your key? | 你有钥匙吗 |
[09:03] | You’ve got to have a key. | 你必须有钥匙 |
[09:07] | I just wanted to take my baby to the park, pendejo. | 我只想带孩子去公园 混蛋 |
[09:11] | I’ll ram it up their keister… | 我要撞他们屁股 |
[09:12] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[09:14] | I think I need to arrest someone for being an asshole. | 我想把某些人抓起来 因为他太混蛋了 |
[09:16] | Can we do that? | 我们能这么做吗 |
[09:18] | Well, I used to try more than I do now, | 我以前比现在抓得多 |
[09:19] | but, yeah, sure. | 但是 也可以 |
[09:21] | Guy right there, Lulu Lehman Brothers, | 这个男的 露露·里蒙兄弟 |
[09:23] | just closed the gate on a woman pushing a stroller | 刚刚把一位推婴儿车的女士拒之门外 |
[09:25] | because she didn’t have a key. | 就因为她没钥匙 |
[09:27] | Well, that beautiful, verdant park | 这座美丽 青翠的公园 |
[09:29] | doubles as an asshole magnet. | 还真是超级混蛋吸引器 |
[09:30] | Whole block is. | 整个街区都混蛋 |
[09:32] | Only reason I’m waiting here is because the Bates Club | 我在这儿等着就是因为 |
[09:34] | just booted me out. | 贝茨俱乐部把我赶出来了 |
[09:35] | – Didn’t you give the name? – Yeah. | – 你没报名字吗 – 报了 |
[09:37] | Right before they showed me the service entrance. | 他们就把我领到员工出口了 |
[09:39] | I feel like I’m in They Live and I’m about to go | 我觉得我是不是活在《极度空间》 |
[09:41] | Rowdy Roddy Piper on someone’s ass. | 要去像罗迪派普那样去摔跤 |
[09:43] | Fucking now! Like the Wolf says, | 就像《华尔街之狼》说的 |
[09:46] | money is the oxygen of capitalism. | 金钱是资本主义的氧气 |
[09:48] | You know, we can’t actually arrest folks | 你知道的 我们不能因为这些人是混蛋 |
[09:50] | for being schmucks, | 逮捕他们 |
[09:52] | but we can stop structural schmuckiness. | 但我们可以阻止混蛋组织 |
[09:54] | We have a mandate to do so. | 我们有权这么做 |
[09:56] | And that park is the perfect target, | 而那个公园就是我们出手的绝佳目标 |
[09:59] | because it’s symbolic of so much more. | 因为它的象征意义远不止如此 |
[10:03] | Of all the different kinds of entry denied to people | 象征着将非上层人士挡在外边的 |
[10:04] | – who aren’t at the top. – That’s right. | – 一扇扇大门 – 没错 |
[10:07] | Back in the late ’60s, you know, | 在六十年代末的时候 |
[10:09] | a couple of teenagers crashed their motorcycles | 有一对小青年骑着摩托 |
[10:11] | into the gates, took a few turns around the old green. | 闯进了大门 在草坪上转了几圈 |
[10:14] | Tore it up quite a bit before taking off. | 把草坪划得稀烂后扬长而去 |
[10:17] | And you may think that there was an outcry. | 你可能以为这会激起公愤 |
[10:19] | – No? – No, indeed. | – 难道没有吗 – 确实没有 |
[10:21] | It was on the heels of Woodstock. | 因为就发生在伍德斯托克音乐节之后 |
[10:23] | Everybody just thought they were doing it for peace and love. | 所有人都认为他们这么做是为了爱与和平 |
[10:24] | – Different times. – Maybe so. | – 时异事殊啊 – 或许是吧 |
[10:27] | But that gate. | 但是那扇门 |
[10:29] | I’m thinking it can be turned into our key. | 我们可以把它变成手中的钥匙 |
[10:32] | – To what? – Unlock the city. | – 用来做什么 – 解锁这个城市 |
[10:37] | Ah, Stuart Legere. | 啊 斯图尔特·莱热尔 |
[10:38] | So I looked into what you asked. | 我按你说的去查了 |
[10:41] | I see we’re past the formalities. | 看来我们不必再拘泥于客套了 |
[10:43] | You’ve got me under your thumb. Doesn’t buy you any smiles. | 我都被你拿捏住了 就不用阿谀谄媚了吧 |
[10:46] | You want to know where Prince is at and what he’s going to do? | 想知道普林斯的处境和他下一步的计划吗 |
[10:50] | Well, he’s wounded. Badly. | 他元气大伤 |
[10:52] | And I know more. | 我还知道更多消息 |
[10:54] | We can discuss it inside. I have the best table waiting. | 咱们可以进去详谈 里面有顶级雅座 |
[10:56] | No, let’s go somewhere open to more than the landed gentry, | 不 咱们去个不只对上层人开放的地儿吧 |
[10:59] | shall we? | 好吗 |
[11:05] | You and your group pivoted like a top Texas cutting horse | 你和你的团队在超音的交易里 |
[11:07] | on the Hypersonic trade. | 转变得跟德州顶尖的拦牛马一样快 |
[11:09] | We like to stay nimble. | 我们想要随机应变 |
[11:10] | And I see you’ve also taken | 我还看到你们 |
[11:11] | a substantial short position on it. | 大量减仓了超音的股票 |
[11:13] | I was taught a good investor can change their mind in an instant, | 我听说一个好的投资者能瞬间改变想法 |
[11:16] | but a great one needs to be able to do a full 180. | 而顶尖的能做出完全相反的决定 |
[11:19] | Losing the sponsorship of the Games | 丢掉奥运会的赞助商身份 |
[11:21] | – can’t have hurt them that bad. – We’ll see. | – 并不会重创他们 – 到时就知道了 |
[11:23] | The other part of that good investor-great investor thing | 另一个”好”跟”顶尖”之间的区别是 |
[11:26] | is that they 180 on new information. | 他们是否根据新的信息做出决策 |
[11:29] | So, what was it? | 所以 你们掌握到了什么新消息 |
[11:31] | Something one of my gang, Rian, figured about their tech. | 我的团队成员利婉发现他们在技术上有问题 |
[11:34] | A totally legal move on our part. | 我们的行为完全合法 |
[11:37] | – Still, I should probably… – Say less. | – 不过 我还是应该… – 不必多说 |
[11:39] | As the kids would put it, yes. | 像伙计们说的那样 好吧 |
[11:42] | – It’s time. – Should we send her in? | – 到点了 – 我们要带她进来吗 |
[11:44] | Appreciate the update. Excellent work. | 感谢汇报 做得很好 |
[11:50] | – Please, come in. – Thank you. | – 请进 – 谢谢 |
[11:52] | This is Michael Prince. | 这就是迈克尔·普林斯 |
[11:55] | – Good to see you. – Good to see you. | – 很高兴见到你 – 我也很高兴见到你 |
[11:57] | – Let’s take a couple shots. – Of course. | – 一起拍几张合影吧 – 好呀 |
[11:58] | Nice. I got you. | 很好 拍完了 |
[12:00] | – Hey, peach! – What? | – 嘿 宝贝们 – 什么情况 |
[12:04] | All right, everyone, pencils down. | 好了 大家都先把手头的事放一放 |
[12:07] | Place your open material faceup on the table in front of you. | 非保密的文件就不用收起来了 |
[12:10] | Holy shit, look who’s back. | 天 是谁回来了 |
[12:11] | – What’s up, Mafee? – My brothers. | – 玛斐 近来还好吗 – 好兄弟 |
[12:13] | Actually, we just stopped by to steal some office supplies. | 其实我们就是顺路过来盘些办公用品 |
[12:17] | How’s new-co? | 新公司怎么样 |
[12:18] | Strikes and gutters, you know. | 时好时坏啦 |
[12:20] | – All right, dude. – Dollar Bill. Mafee. | – 好吧 老兄 – 多乐尔·比尔和玛斐来啦 |
[12:22] | – What’s the rumpus? – Meetings in the building. | – 来这儿有何贵干呀 – 来这栋楼里开会 |
[12:24] | Wanted to come by and see the reno-vaysh. | 顺道过来看看这儿”改糟”得怎样了 |
[12:26] | So, who’s the, uh, slightly younger, | 那么 那个比我年轻 |
[12:28] | less handsome, suave version of me? | 但没我帅的温柔版的我 是谁 |
[12:30] | This is Philip Charyn. | 就是他 菲利普·恰伦 |
[12:32] | New pm. | 我们的新项目经理 |
[12:33] | Dollar Bill and Mafee. | 这两位是多乐尔·比尔和玛斐 |
[12:35] | Well, it’s a pleasure. Your reps precede. | 幸会 大名鼎鼎啊 |
[12:37] | Philip’s been instrumental in helping | 菲利普为引领公司的新航向 |
[12:38] | to steer this ship in a new direction. | 出了不少力 |
[12:40] | Thanks, Taylor. | 过奖了 泰勒 |
[12:42] | And what direction is that? | 引向何方啊 |
[12:43] | Towards a sandbar in the Suez Canal? | 搁浅在苏伊士运河的某个沙洲上吗 |
[12:45] | Whoops. Sorry about the Olympics, guys. | 喔哟 伙计们 奥运会的事情很抱歉 |
[12:48] | There’s always next decade. | 下个十年还有机会的 |
[12:50] | What’d your nana tell you about | 玛斐 你奶奶要是看到你戳别人痛处 |
[12:51] | joining in with the bullies? | 她会作何评价啊 |
[12:52] | Don’t make me call her and tell on you | 可别逼我在你们每周的视频通话前 |
[12:53] | before your weekly FaceTime. | 跟她打电话告你的状噢 |
[12:55] | I got carried away. | 我忘形了 |
[12:56] | I am sorry you lost the Games and all that business, | 很抱歉你们失去了奥运会和相关的生意 |
[12:58] | if it mattered to you. | 你们很看重这件事 |
[12:59] | I know, Mafee. And Nana would be proud. | 嗯 玛斐 你奶奶会为你骄傲的 |
[13:02] | You two sticking around for a while? | 你俩还要在这待一阵子吗 |
[13:03] | No, we got to get back soon. | 不了 我们很快就得回去了 |
[13:05] | Just wanted to pop in and say hi. | 只是想过来打个招呼 |
[13:06] | Rap your knuckles against our balls. | 反戈一击吗 |
[13:08] | Still tungsten, so tap lightly for your sake. | 我还很坚强的 好自为之 可别用力过猛了 |
[13:20] | “Reno-vaysh”? Really? You’re abbreviating everything now? | “改糟” 认真的吗 你现在每句都这样说话吗 |
[13:36] | I’d offer you something to drink, | 我想给你拿点喝的 |
[13:38] | but you won’t be staying long. | 但你不会在此久留 |
[13:39] | You want to take a swing at me | 你想揍我 |
[13:41] | because I didn’t indulge | 难道是因为我没有 |
[13:43] | your childhood train conductor fantasy? | 实现你当列车长的童年幻想吗 |
[13:44] | Go ahead. | 那就来吧 |
[13:46] | I’ll even take off my hat, Sergeant Hulka-style. | 我甚至会像胡卡中士那样把帽子摘下来 |
[13:48] | Yeah, well, the difference is, | 嗯 但差别在于 |
[13:50] | you’d be the one who’d end up gutted, | 你才会是那个肚子挨了一拳 |
[13:51] | bent over, and sucking wind. | 被打得跪倒在地大喘气的人 |
[13:53] | I’ll take the punch to the belly instead of this. | 那我宁愿肚子挨上一拳也不愿意看到这个 |
[13:59] | Are you hacking my phone now, Governor? | 你是黑进我的手机了嘛 州长大人 |
[14:01] | No, sir. Got it from a comms guy I know. | 没 这是我从一个线人那儿收到的 |
[14:04] | Went from his Slack channel to my aide’s phone to mine. | 通过隐匿频道发到我助理手机上 再转给我 |
[14:07] | You see, Mr. Prince, news travels fast, | 普林斯先生 你瞧 信息传播得就是如此之快 |
[14:09] | especially when it’s about my potential opponent, | 特别是跟我潜在的竞争对手 |
[14:11] | Celina Russell. | 赛琳娜·拉塞尔有关的时候 |
[14:13] | Yeah, well, | 嗯 好吧 |
[14:14] | I’m shopping for a new governor. | 我在物色新的州长 |
[14:16] | Remember, you break it, you buy it. | 记好了 犯了错就要付出代价 |
[14:18] | Make sure you like what you have, | 搞清楚你拥有的到底是不是你渴求的 |
[14:20] | and that you’re not just grabbing the first | 不要看到什么耀眼 |
[14:22] | – shiny object you see. – Come on. | – 你就一把抓过来 – 拜托 |
[14:24] | Brilliant former legal aide-turned-cable news pundit | 才华横溢的前法律助理 转行成新闻评论员 |
[14:26] | with hometown roots in Rochester? | 还是个土生土长的罗切斯特人 |
[14:28] | And with that winning, high-wattage smile. | 笑容让人如沐春风 |
[14:30] | What’s not to love? | 让人有什么理由不爱呢 |
[14:32] | And soon, she won’t be able to close | 用不了多久 她竞选资金的小金库 |
[14:34] | her campaign finance war chest, | 就会连门都关不上 |
[14:35] | ’cause I’ll have overstuffed it. | 因为我会把它填得满满当当 |
[14:36] | She’ll primary you, | 她将在胜过你 |
[14:38] | We’ll outspend and outspin you in every county. | 我们在每个县都会在财力和结果上把你击败 |
[14:40] | Man, I so want to go chest-to-chest with you on this, | 好家伙 我真想跟你好好打上一架 |
[14:42] | you know, Rocky Graziano-style, | 像洛基·格拉齐亚诺那样给你一拳干翻 |
[14:44] | but I think you’d see right through my hard-eyed pose. | 但我觉得你还是会看穿我的冷眼 |
[14:47] | We both know I barely won my last election, | 你我都知道 我上次选举是侥幸赢的 |
[14:49] | and that’s when my opponent was in the wrong party. | 因为那时候我的对手站错了阵营 |
[14:52] | The hell am I gonna do against Miss America? | 但这次你要我怎么去跟”美国小姐”对线 |
[14:54] | Simple, you can agree to what I want. | 这还不简单 你支持我想要的就行 |
[14:57] | Which is? | 是什么 |
[14:59] | Rhoades kicked to the curb. | 把罗兹踹出去 |
[15:01] | Specifically, I need you to write a letter | 具体来说 我要你帮我写一封信 |
[15:03] | to the New York Senate requesting a special session | 给纽约州参议院 要求召开特别会议 |
[15:05] | to vote on his removal. | 投票同意他的离职 |
[15:06] | On what grounds? | 理由是啥 |
[15:08] | See? You’re already asking the right questions. | 看 你已经在问对的问题了 |
[15:11] | Maybe there’s hope for you after all. | 或许你还是有希望的 |
[15:12] | – I’ll send you the details. – No, no, no. | – 我会把细节用邮件发给你 – 不了 不了 |
[15:14] | I got no reason to spend my political capital | 我没有理由将我的政治资本 |
[15:16] | on your Randall Flagg. | 挥霍在你那阴魂不散的死敌身上 |
[15:18] | He’s yours, too. | 他也是你的死敌啊 |
[15:22] | You work in an abattoir long enough, | 你在屠宰场待久了 |
[15:24] | you become nose-deaf to the blood and guts. | 血和内脏的味道都闻不到了 |
[15:27] | Doesn’t mean that the agent of death isn’t there. | 但不代表杀手就不存在 |
[15:30] | You’ve been wading through it so long, | 你趟了这么久的浑水 |
[15:32] | you don’t realize he is. | 都意识不到他就是那个杀手 |
[15:36] | Listen, I’m not gonna sign anything | 听着 我什么都不会签的 |
[15:40] | unless you can guarantee me | 除非你能向我保证 |
[15:41] | you got two-thirds of the Senate with you, | 参议院里有三分之二的人 |
[15:43] | willing to vote him out. | 都会把他投出去 |
[15:44] | We need Chuck dead, | 我们必须将查克赶尽杀绝 |
[15:46] | not wounded and angry. | 不是让他受创而恼怒 |
[15:50] | I’ll get you your two-thirds. | 我会给你那三分之二的人的 |
[15:52] | Just have your pen ready. | 你只需动笔写信就行 |
[16:08] | “Unlock the city”? | 解锁这个城市 |
[16:10] | That’s the battle cry? Huh! | 这就是你们的口号吗 呵 |
[16:12] | Well, considered “There is no land for us | 呃 倒是想用”伏尔加河对岸 |
[16:14] | beyond the Volga,” but it was taken. | 容不下我们” 但这句已经被用过了 |
[16:15] | Well, at least the Russians had | 至少俄罗斯人 |
[16:16] | a literal snowball’s chance of winning. | 有一丝胜算 |
[16:18] | – We don’t. – Hold on, Van de Veld Park | – 可我们没有 – 等等范德维德公园 |
[16:20] | has a tax exemption. | 享有土地税豁免 |
[16:22] | It’s regulated like a nonprofit. | 它是按照非营利机构来监管的 |
[16:24] | State law prohibits discrimination in public spaces. | 州法禁止公共场所的歧视行为 |
[16:26] | And a park is, by its very function, | 而就公园的功能而言 |
[16:28] | a public accommodation, and must be non-discriminatory. | 它就是一个公共场所 必须是非歧视性的 |
[16:31] | Unless it’s a private park, like Van de Veld. | 除非是个私人公园 比如范德维德公园 |
[16:34] | The land belongs to the adjacent condo owners | 那块地属于附近的公寓业主 |
[16:37] | and has since the McClendon Trust was formed in 1912. | 1912年麦克伦登信托基金成立以来一直如此 |
[16:41] | Maybe billionaires have the right to close off | 也许亿万富翁们有权 |
[16:43] | and restrict acres of nature in the middle of an urban center. | 将城市中央数亩自然风光封锁起来据为己有 |
[16:46] | The question we’re posing is: should they? | 但我们要提出的疑问是 他们应该这么做吗 |
[16:49] | Everyone else has to pay taxes for the property they own. | 每个人都得为名下拥有的地产缴税 |
[16:52] | Why should the top 1% have a loophole | 为什么这百分之一的顶层人士就可以钻漏洞 |
[16:53] | that exempts them from the same? | 免除这笔税务呢 |
[16:55] | Why should Busby Berkeley be a household name, | 为什么巴斯比·伯克利能家喻户晓 |
[16:57] | but Gower Champion is largely unknown? | 而高尔·钱皮恩就寂寂无闻呢 |
[16:59] | There are injustices in the world, | 世间有种种不公 |
[17:01] | and one of those is, the rich have loopholes. | 而其中之一就是 富人总能钻空子 |
[17:04] | Until now. | 到此为止 |
[17:06] | Either pay up or unlock the gates. | 要么缴税 要么开放公园大门 |
[17:07] | It won’t hold up in court. | 在法庭上是站不住脚的 |
[17:09] | So there must be a win in just picking the fight. | 所以只要挑起事端 就已经是一种胜利了 |
[17:11] | We don’t need a courtroom to let the billionaires | 我们无需让那些亿万富翁们 |
[17:13] | start turning their guns on each other. | 到法庭上针锋相对 |
[17:15] | Okay, then let me hit Bass Pro Shops | 好吧 那我这就去专业钓鱼店 |
[17:18] | for a rod and reel to use on this fishing expedition. | 买个钓杆和鱼线轮 为钓鱼执法做准备 |
[17:21] | Yep, we just need the right bait to | 我们只需找个合适的诱饵 |
[17:23] | get a keymaster to let us in. | 拿到钥匙 放我们进去 |
[17:27] | I’m telling you, Gold Bond Medicated, you slap it | 我跟你讲 你就把金邦德爽身粉 |
[17:30] | right up there between your crack and your sack, | 拍在腹股沟内 |
[17:33] | and it’s like disco dust for your taint. | 然后你的老二就会跟灯球一样闪耀 |
[17:35] | -Hold on. – State police. | – 慢着 – 州警 |
[17:37] | Fuck– What the– Hey! Hey! | 靠 搞什么 嘿 嘿 |
[17:40] | – Hey! – Steven Birch, | – 嘿 – 史蒂芬·博奇 |
[17:42] | a jackal at large in the city. | 逍遥法外的一条豺狼 |
[17:44] | Imagine my surprise when I discovered | 想象一下 当我发现 |
[17:46] | that you sit on the board of trustees | 你是这个私人公园的董事会成员 |
[17:48] | for the very private park | 而我在对调查这家公园时 |
[17:50] | into which I am conducting an investigation. | 我是多么地惊讶 |
[17:52] | – Into what? – Your tax-exempt status. | – 调查什么 – 你的免税资格 |
[17:55] | I’m curious, how many people have one of those coveted keys? | 我很好奇 有多少人有那把令人垂涎的钥匙 |
[18:00] | Any parkside resident in one of 44 surrounding buildings. | 公园周边四十四栋楼的所有住户 |
[18:05] | So 481 keys, give or take. | 一共481把钥匙 大概 |
[18:08] | – But that list is private. – Not for long. | – 但名单保密 – 保密不了多久了 |
[18:11] | You grab me off the street | 你从街上把我拽过来 |
[18:13] | because you want to push your little girl on our swings? | 就因为你想让你的女儿玩我们的秋千吗 |
[18:15] | Or are you harassing me just for the fun of it? | 还是说你闹着玩来骚扰我的 |
[18:18] | No, I do it to get revenge for people like a young mother | 没有 我只是想为百姓报仇 |
[18:21] | who got locked out because she happened to be brown | 如年轻母亲被拒之门外 因为她是棕色皮肤 |
[18:23] | and some Wall Street raider-type | 因为某个华尔街银行家 |
[18:26] | wanted to finish his phone call. | 刚好想要讲完电话 |
[18:28] | Sounds like a regrettable mistake. | 听起来是个令人遗憾的误会 |
[18:30] | Well… preventable one, certainly. | 是完全可以避免的 |
[18:32] | What’s going to be regrettable | 真正会让人遗憾的是 |
[18:34] | are the news stories and the cause of action I bring | 这事登上新闻 而我会为这些 |
[18:36] | on behalf of the people against the chairman | 反对你这个物业主席的人 |
[18:38] | of the conservancy, you, | 采取行动 |
[18:40] | and likely an inquiry into | 然后很可能会将群众请愿升级为 |
[18:42] | and audit of your businesses to go along with it. | 对你公司的审查 一起拖下水 |
[18:47] | Boy, you look like that guy in the old photo | 兄弟 你看着就像是老照片里 |
[18:49] | trying to catch a cannonball with his belly. | 想要用肚子接住炮弹的人 |
[18:52] | Just grimacing and pretending to smile through the pain. | 龇牙咧嘴 在痛苦中假装微笑 |
[18:56] | That look you’re seeing is me reacting | 你看到的是我 |
[18:58] | to the smell of bullshit wafting through your car. | 对你车里满嘴胡话的臭味的反应 |
[19:00] | No, no. | 不行 |
[19:02] | You know what? No. | 你听着 不行 |
[19:03] | I’m going to stay above it. | 我要提前准备好 |
[19:05] | What will it take to get you to leave me alone, Mr. Rhoades? | 我要做什么 罗兹先生你才能放过我呢 |
[19:09] | A list of your members. | 一份住户名单 |
[19:10] | Because I intend to serve every keyholder, bring suit, | 我准备给所有钥匙持有人发传票 打官司 |
[19:14] | and let a judge’s gavel be my battering ram | 让法官的木槌成为我的攻城槌 |
[19:16] | on those fucking gates. | 打开这些大门 |
[19:26] | I have some preternatural skills, you know? | 我有一些特异功能 你知道么 |
[19:29] | Think fast. Talk fast. Run fast. These things come in handy. | 想得快 讲得快 跑得快 这些技能都很方便 |
[19:32] | Except when… | 除非… |
[19:33] | Except when the fast talking outpaces the fast thinking. | 除非语速超过了脑速 |
[19:36] | Such as when you suggested we oust Chuck | 比如你刚刚说的用奥尔巴尼三部曲方式 |
[19:38] | using Albany Trilogy methods. | 来赶走查克 |
[19:41] | I mean, it was Chuck who first turned me on to those books. | 当年就是查克让我看的这几本书 |
[19:45] | That’s not why you’re begging out now, though. | 不过 这不是你打退堂鼓的理由 |
[19:47] | It surely is not, but, uh, I… | 当然不是 但我… |
[19:49] | I can’t be seen having a hand in this. | 我不能被发现插手其中 |
[19:51] | Sure you can. | 为何不可 |
[19:53] | Hard-nosed political operative is a useful descriptor | 对于你的事业 |
[19:55] | for someone who wants the trajectory you do. | 强硬政治活动非常重要 |
[19:57] | It can be played as disloyal to him that made me. | 这会让我看上去对他不厚道 |
[20:00] | Also to the public as, I lined up with a billionaire against– | 并且从公众角度 我和亿万富翁合作 |
[20:03] | This billionaire is worth more than the public to you | 对你来说 要赢得你所垂涎的席位 |
[20:05] | in terms of winning the seat you covet. | 这亿万富翁比公众更有价值 |
[20:06] | Financing primaries and general elections and so on. | 包括为初选和大选等等提供资金 |
[20:10] | Getting his friends to throw in too. | 拉上朋友来帮忙 |
[20:12] | Learned not to trust promises like that. | 以前经验教我不能相信这样的承诺 |
[20:14] | Yet my whole reputation is based on keeping promises like that. | 而我的名声靠的就是一言九鼎 |
[20:23] | How about this, you give me the info I need to do it, | 不如这样 你给我我所需要的信息 |
[20:25] | watch me as I do it, guide my hand, | 旁观我 指导我 |
[20:28] | and I alone will know your involvement. | 只有我知道你参与其中 |
[20:40] | Sixty-three seats in the state Senate. | 州参议员的六十三个席位 |
[20:42] | No term limits. | 没有任期限制 |
[20:43] | Deeply entrenched lifers not easily swayed | 老议员们不会轻易 |
[20:46] | by opportunities waiting for them in the private sector, | 被私人企业的资本所动摇 |
[20:48] | and some who actually care about what’s good for their districts. | 但有些是真心为其街区谋福利的 |
[20:53] | Give each one a cookie. | 雨露均沾 每人一甜头 |
[20:54] | And the rest? | 剩下的呢 |
[20:56] | Care about what’s good for them. | 关心他们的切身利益 |
[20:58] | Their political futures. | 他们的政治前途 |
[21:00] | So to reach two-thirds– | 为了拿到三分之二的支持率 |
[21:02] | You need 42 votes. | 你需要四十二张选票 |
[21:04] | Can you guide me there? | 你能引导我成功吗 |
[21:05] | You know I can. | 你知道我可以的 |
[21:13] | He’s coming after all the Van de Veld Park keyholders, | 他是冲着所有有范德维德公园钥匙的人来的 |
[21:17] | which means you and our neighbors. | 也就是你和你的邻居们 |
[21:19] | On what grounds? | 以什么理由 |
[21:21] | I mean, let Rhoades try to step foot on private property | 你让罗兹试试没有搜查令 |
[21:23] | without a warrant. | 就擅闯私宅 |
[21:24] | Does he have a complaint? | 他收到了投诉吗 |
[21:25] | Sounds like NYAG | 纽约总检察长听上去 |
[21:26] | is on some plebeian jihad. | 是在进行平民圣战 |
[21:28] | I’m on your side, and that sounded offensive. | 我站在你这边 那听起来不尊重人 |
[21:31] | What they’re really after | 他们实际想要的是 |
[21:32] | is dissolving our board of directors, | 瓦解我们董事会 |
[21:34] | strip us of our tax-exempt status. | 剥夺我们的免税资格 |
[21:36] | – Fuck! – I’d like to see him try. | – 淦 – 你让他试试 |
[21:38] | Better men have been run out on a rail for less. | 比他更厉害的人 都会因此结束政治生涯的 |
[21:40] | Trust me, I know. | 相信我 我见过 |
[21:42] | And I’ll show him what he can do with his injunction. | 我可以让他明白他的禁令究竟有什么用 |
[21:44] | That’s just it. | 就是这样 |
[21:46] | He wants us to throw money at the problem, prove a point. | 他就想让我们在这问题上花钱 来证明观点 |
[21:49] | Make us put ourselves on display. | 让我们公之于众 |
[21:50] | Well, I’m not giving up my condo. | 我不想卖掉我的公寓 |
[21:52] | I just reestablished residency with my new girlfriend. | 我才和新女友住了进去 |
[21:54] | She loves the park. | 她很喜欢那公园 |
[21:56] | What else is there? | 还有什么呢 |
[21:57] | What the fuck, Birch? What is this, a setup? | 什么鬼 博奇 这是什么阴谋 |
[22:01] | I’m not here to fight you, Lazarra, | 我不是要来跟你吵架的 拉扎拉 |
[22:03] | despite how you all sold me out. | 即使你们都出卖了我 |
[22:05] | I’m here to fight alongside you. | 我是来和你们并肩作战的 |
[22:07] | I don’t ask much of the city. | 我对这城市要求不高 |
[22:09] | But I do think I’ve earned the right to some privacy. | 但我还是需要些隐私权 |
[22:12] | As we all have. | 我们皆是 |
[22:13] | Elitism isn’t your thing, Mike. | 精英主义不适合你 迈克 |
[22:15] | It’s not elitism, it’s self-preservation. | 这不是精英主义 是自我保护 |
[22:18] | More territory Chuck Rhoades has invaded. | 查克·罗兹入侵的地方更多了 |
[22:20] | That man is responsible for us | 原来我们走进餐馆会被当作贵族一样服务 |
[22:21] | going from being treated like royalty | 现在我们得和其他人一样 |
[22:23] | when we walked into restaurants | 用预约软件来订位 |
[22:24] | to having to use OpenTable like everyone else. | 他要对此负责 |
[22:27] | You think he’s going to stop at the park? | 你觉得他赢得公园就会满足了吗 |
[22:29] | The Knickerbocker, the Metropolitan, the Core Club. | 尼克博克酒店 大都会艺术博物馆 核心俱乐部 |
[22:32] | All storied institutions we’re members of, | 所有我们有会员资格的 |
[22:35] | reserved for us to gather in peace. | 就是为了给我们聚会的传奇场所 |
[22:38] | He’ll go after them next. | 他之后就会开始针对这些 |
[22:39] | See? Jihad. That’s what I said. | 看到了吧 圣战 我说了 |
[22:42] | At what point will we have to leave New York City altogether | 不知道什么时候 我们需要一起离开纽约 |
[22:45] | just to avoid a wealth tax? | 来避免富人税 |
[22:46] | Because make no mistake, that’s where this is going. | 别弄错了 事件就是会如此发展 |
[22:49] | And you’ve come down from the heavens to save us? | 而你是天降救兵么 |
[22:51] | Pretty much. | 差不多 |
[22:53] | You fell under his spell, Birch. | 你被迷惑了 博奇 |
[22:55] | He used you to get us all here. | 他利用你来把我们召集起来 |
[22:56] | We needed a lifeboat. He was the only one offering. | 我们需要一个救生艇 只有他愿意提供 |
[22:59] | Yeah, why would you offer to help us | 奥利匹克计划失败了 |
[23:01] | after the Olympics deal going south? | 为什么你还愿意帮我们 |
[23:03] | I’m willing to look past your betrayal. | 我愿意忘记你的背叛 |
[23:05] | And I’ll take care of Chuck Rhoades, | 我会搞定查克·罗兹 |
[23:06] | so you can keep your hands clean. | 不会脏了你们的手 |
[23:08] | But if you screw me again in even the slightest way, | 但如果你再在背后搞我 |
[23:11] | I’ll maim every single one of you | 我就像《第一滴血》中约翰尼·兰博一样 |
[23:14] | like Johnny Rambo in Blood. | 把你们每一个人都打残 |
[23:16] | You’re not throwing in with us | 你不是因为爱这城或我们 |
[23:17] | because you love this place or us. | 而跟我们合作 |
[23:20] | And what is the real agenda? | 所以真正目的是什么 |
[23:22] | What price are you looking to exact? | 你想要我们付出什么代价 |
[23:24] | A price has to be paid, sure. | 当然 是要付出代价的 |
[23:25] | But it’ll be to your benefit in the long run. | 不过长远来看 对你是有利的 |
[23:27] | If I do this for you, | 如果我为你们做这件事 |
[23:28] | you’ll have to put up your money. | 你需要拿钱出来 |
[23:31] | You’ll each invest a quarter bil at MPC. | 每人向迈克尔普林斯资本投资250,000美元 |
[23:39] | Believe me, Senator, I take no pleasure | 相信我 参议员 我也不想找 |
[23:41] | in going after these Van de Veld Park trustees. | 这些范德维尔德公园的信托人麻烦的 |
[23:43] | They’re fine citizens, one and all. | 他们是良好市民 每个都是 |
[23:45] | Or maybe not so fine. | 或许也没那么良好 |
[23:47] | But someone needs to advocate for the people | 但总得有人为真正的纳税人发声 |
[23:49] | who actually pay taxes, and on this one, that’s me. | 在这案件中 那就是我 |
[23:52] | Have a good day, Senator. | 祝安 再见 参议员 |
[23:55] | Third state senator to pressure me on this thing. | 第三个州参议员来为此向我施压了 |
[23:58] | That jibes with what I know. | 这与我所知道的不谋而合 |
[24:00] | The cabal is reunited. | 那帮人又联合起来了 |
[24:02] | And they’re strategizing with Prince now | 他们在和普林斯一起制定战略 |
[24:04] | on how to fight this effort. | 来对抗我们 |
[24:06] | And true to form, he stuck them each for investable funds. | 毫无意外 他是为了从每个人那拉来投资 |
[24:09] | And true to form, we’re going to mow them down. | 更毫无意外的是 我们要斩草除根了 |
[24:11] | I have State Senator Tharp on two | 萨普州参议员等在电话线路二上 |
[24:14] | and Assembly member Ma still holding on line one. | 而立法议会马议员还在线路一上等着 |
[24:16] | The wolves are out. | 狼出窝了 |
[24:18] | The harder they push, the more I know we’re onto something. | 他们来得越猛 我就越知道我们方向正确 |
[24:21] | Hold all such calls, please. | 都让这些电话等着 拜托了 |
[24:23] | You can only ignore them for so long. | 你拖延不了多长时间 |
[24:25] | Just until we got them in front of a judge. | 拖到我们能把他们都送上法庭就行 |
[24:51] | Hey, Taylor. | 嗨 泰勒 |
[24:54] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[24:58] | Yeah, always good to see friends and colleagues | 在去办公室的老路上 |
[25:00] | on the old ride to the office. | 见到朋友和同事总是让人高兴的 |
[25:03] | Better than a funeral cortege, you know? | 比参加葬礼好多了 |
[25:06] | How was lunch? | 午餐如何 |
[25:07] | – Nothing special. – It was great. | – 没什么特别的 – 很棒 |
[25:09] | Fine. Just fine. Nothing special, as he said. | 挺好的 如他说的 没什么特别的 |
[25:15] | You’re going to lose Ben and Tuk. | 本和图克要跳槽了 |
[25:17] | – They told you this? – Not in so many words, no. | – 他们跟你说的吗 – 没有明确说明 |
[25:19] | But, yes, by their affect, | 但 通过他们的神情 |
[25:21] | which was more nervous than usual. | 比平时紧张多了 |
[25:23] | I saw them coming back from lunch sucking on Blue Bottle. | 我看到他们午餐回来 喝着蓝瓶咖啡 |
[25:25] | – That’s the shit Mafee drinks. – Meaning? | – 那是玛斐喝的玩意 – 意味着什么 |
[25:27] | Either they suddenly grew a taste for artisanal iced coffee | 可能是他们突然喜欢上了手工冰咖啡 |
[25:29] | and went out of their way to get it, | 然后专门跑出去买 |
[25:31] | or they took an interview at High Plains. | 不然就是他们去”高原”面试了 |
[25:33] | They’re not under contract, are they? | 他们没签劳动合同的 对吧 |
[25:35] | Sounds like an HR thing. Maybe you take it up with Wendy. | 感觉是人事的是 你或许要跟温蒂说一下 |
[25:36] | She’s out. She took some personal leave | 她不在 请了事假 |
[25:38] | to refocus and reboot, but you’re missing the point. | 来重新集中精力和重启头脑 这不是重点 |
[25:40] | Do you really think they’d leave Michael Prince | 你觉得他们真的会离开迈克尔·普林斯 |
[25:42] | and Starfleet Command for a baby bro fund? | 跑去一个新生基金当星际迷航指挥官吗 |
[25:44] | If they plan to leave together, | 如果他们计划一起跳槽 |
[25:46] | then maybe they don’t really want to leave. | 那或许他们不是真的想要跳槽 |
[25:48] | But it’s friends going to work with friends. | 而是朋友想和朋友一起工作 |
[25:50] | Different, yet familiar. They’re feeling nostalgic. | 不同 但相似 他们怀念旧时了 |
[25:52] | You have a chance to walk this back. | 你还可以把他们留住的 |
[25:53] | Unless it’s their time to move on. | 除非他们是该离开了 |
[25:55] | Look, it can be difficult | 离开你喜欢的东西或许很难受 |
[25:57] | leaving something you love, even when you know you should. | 即使你知道这是你应该做的 |
[25:59] | – That sounds personal. – It is. | – 你是在说我吗 – 是的 |
[26:01] | I had a chance to study under Daphne Koller. | 我曾有机会在达芙妮·科勒手下学习 |
[26:03] | – MacArthur Fellow? – Yeah, among other awards. | – 麦克阿瑟奖学金获奖者吗 – 还有其他奖 |
[26:05] | Her work in the AI Lab at Stanford | 她在斯坦福人工智能实验室的工作 |
[26:07] | is mind-bending, | 让人脑洞大开 |
[26:07] | which is why I stayed in engineering a year longer | 所以我在工程学上 |
[26:09] | than I should have. | 多读了一年 |
[26:11] | I had a similar internal conflict with Bobby Axelrod. | 我对博比·阿克塞尔罗德也感到矛盾 |
[26:14] | He built me up and broke me down. | 他激励了我却又击垮了我 |
[26:16] | I tried to make an exit and ended up | 我试图离开 结束一切 |
[26:17] | right back where I started. | 却回到一开始的地方 |
[26:18] | And now that he’s gone, | 现在他走了 |
[26:20] | do you think you’ve stayed longer than you should have? | 你不觉得在这呆久了点吗 |
[26:22] | I did at first, | 开始是这么想 |
[26:24] | but I’ve come to realize I’m right where I need to be | 后来我意识到我就应该在这里 |
[26:26] | to get where I need to get, | 达到我的目标 |
[26:28] | which is ten figures in personal assets. | 拥有十位数的个人资产 |
[26:30] | That’s the grisbi, huh? | 金钱的魅力啊 |
[26:32] | What do you plan on doing with it? | 你打算拿这笔钱做什么 |
[26:34] | Like the assets, that’s personal. | 这跟我的资产一样 是个人隐私 |
[26:36] | Look, this is all to say, | 我想说的是 |
[26:38] | perhaps Ben and Tuk are right where they need to be too. | 也许本和图克也属于现在的岗位 |
[26:40] | And if they’re not? If their career path is to go elsewhere, | 万一不是呢 如果他们要去别的公司发展 |
[26:42] | I won’t stand in the way. | 我不会阻止他们 |
[26:44] | Uplifting sentiment, | 真让人感动 |
[26:45] | but what I’ve been trying to tell you is, | 不过我要告诉你 |
[26:47] | their departure will reflect badly on you. | 他们离开对你没有好处 |
[26:48] | It isn’t just about your book anymore. | 这不仅仅是关于你的对账簿 |
[26:50] | Losing personnel, their ideas, their value… | 损失员工 还有他们的创意和价值 |
[26:52] | that’s going to be on you. | 这些都会算在你头上 |
[26:53] | Ah. The optics. | 呵 公开处刑 |
[26:55] | Plus, they are fucking smart, good at their jobs, | 而且他们非常聪明 业务能力强 |
[26:58] | and not assholes. | 也讨人喜欢 |
[27:00] | If you can keep ’em, keep ’em. | 如果可以 留下他们 |
[27:01] | And if I can’t? | 如果留不住呢 |
[27:03] | We should set up an exit interview. | 那就组织离职面谈 |
[27:05] | Try to get something in trade. | 跟他们提交换条件 |
[27:08] | Yeah. I think… | 我觉得 |
[27:10] | So, how we looking? | 现在情况如何 |
[27:12] | We got the Hudson Valley. That gives you seven. | 我们争取到了哈德逊河谷 获得七票 |
[27:14] | Good in Finger Lakes too. | 也搞定了手指湖 |
[27:16] | Syracuse, Ithaca, Rochester, they love you. | 还有雪城 伊萨卡 罗彻斯特 都支持你 |
[27:18] | Nothing a sizable college endowment can’t buy. | 给他们大学多捐钱就行 |
[27:20] | That gives you another eight votes. | 这样你又得了八票 |
[27:22] | You like to lead with the good news. | 你喜欢先说好消息 |
[27:23] | I’ve learned something about you, Scooter. | 我有点懂你了 斯科特 |
[27:24] | But let me share the bad: | 我来说不好的 |
[27:26] | There’s a senator from Oneonta. He’s a holdout. | 有位安妮昂塔的参议员 他坚决反对 |
[27:29] | – Who’s he? – Senator Clay Tharp. Republican. | – 他是谁 – 克雷·萨普议员 共和党人 |
[27:32] | Been in the seat since Kate Sacker’s first birthday. | 从凯特·塞克出生起 他就一直在位 |
[27:34] | Ooh, that’s a long time. | 那有很久了 |
[27:36] | Not that long. | 也没那么久 |
[27:37] | He’s screening our calls. | 他一直不接我们的电话 |
[27:39] | Our magic number is 42. | 我们要的数字是四十二 |
[27:41] | Where does Tharp fit in? | 萨普能占多少 |
[27:42] | With Tharp, you get four more in the region. | 有他支持 这个区你能再得四票 |
[27:45] | He’ll get me over the line? | 他能让我过线了 |
[27:49] | That settles it, then. | 那就这么定了 |
[27:51] | We’re going to Albany. | 我们去奥尔巴尼 |
[27:57] | Mohawk tribe is from your area. | 莫霍克家族跟你来自一个地方 |
[27:59] | The Keepers of the Eastern Door of the Iroquois Confederation. | 是易洛魁联盟东边门户的守护者 |
[28:03] | Is that how you fancy yourself? | 你也是这么看待自己吗 |
[28:05] | Am I sitting with the big chief? The guardian of the region? | 我面前的是酋长大人吗 整个区的守卫 |
[28:08] | On the contrary, I’m just an elected official | 恰恰相反 我只是个被推选的官员 |
[28:11] | executing the duties of his post as he sees fit. | 按主的意愿履行职责 |
[28:14] | And does that includes holding the line for Chuck Rhoades, | 他是否让你坚守查克·罗兹阵营 |
[28:17] | regardless how misguided or even corrupt he is? | 不论此人行事多么偏激甚至腐败 |
[28:20] | Let me stop you there. | 打断一下 |
[28:22] | You want to know why I supported the Rhoades ticket? | 你想知道我为什么支持罗兹吗 |
[28:25] | I want to know the make of dark matter. | 我要知道其中的黑幕 |
[28:27] | I’ll settle for that. | 这样我才能接受 |
[28:29] | He was there for me at my lowest. | 他在我最失落的时候陪着我 |
[28:31] | Visited us when my wife took ill. | 在我妻子病重时来看我们 |
[28:34] | And at her funeral, he shook my hand, | 葬礼上 他握着我的手 |
[28:38] | he looked me in the eye, and he said… | 看着我的眼睛说 |
[28:44] | “Under better circumstances.” | “情况会变好的” |
[28:46] | Simple words. | 简单的话语 |
[28:48] | Not nearly enough for a man who’d just lost his wife, | 对一个刚丧偶的人来说远远不够 |
[28:51] | but what would be enough? | 可又有什么会够 |
[28:53] | And I saw the beauty and the comfort in those words. | 他的话让我感受到安慰 发觉生命的美好 |
[28:57] | I’d live on. I’d return to the statehouse. | 我可以活下去 回到州议会大楼 |
[29:01] | At least I’d have that. My life’s work. | 至少我有份做了一辈子的工作 |
[29:04] | And when I did return, | 当我回到议会 |
[29:06] | Chuck would be there, | 查克会在那里 |
[29:08] | his friendship awaiting me. | 他的友谊陪伴着我 |
[29:12] | It was the promise of a better future. | 那是对未来的美好展望 |
[29:14] | And I understood that that was the most | 而且我明白 那是政客间能给予的 |
[29:17] | that one politician can give to another. | 最重的承诺 |
[29:22] | So, I’m sorry, I can’t go against him. | 所以抱歉 我不能背叛他 |
[29:29] | I could be a good friend to you too, Senator Tharp, | 我也可以当你的好朋友 萨普议员 |
[29:32] | if you let me. | 只要你愿意 |
[29:36] | What part of “I can’t help you” was unclear? | 我说”帮不了你” 你哪个字听不懂 |
[29:54] | Jesus. Again? | 天哪 又来 |
[29:56] | It’s time we stop sounding surprised. | 接受现实吧 |
[29:58] | Sacker is the walking embodiment of Sky Masterson’s cider story. | 塞克就是斯凯·马斯特森的苹果酒传奇化身 |
[30:01] | That’s one I don’t know. | 这我倒不知道 |
[30:02] | If you walk into a bar and some fella offers to bet you | 假设你走进一家酒吧 有个家伙跟你打赌 |
[30:05] | that that ace of spades is gonna jump out of a deck of cards | 说黑桃A要从扑克牌中跳出来 |
[30:07] | and squirt cider in your ear, you better believe | 朝你的耳朵挤苹果酒 你最好相信 |
[30:09] | you’re gonna end up with an ear full of cider. | 你的耳朵会被苹果酒填满 |
[30:11] | And this particular earful’s going to cost him 1,800, | 因为这只满了的耳朵 他输1800块 |
[30:13] | and you 32. | 你输三十二 |
[30:16] | My brain trust is fleecing the rest of my brain trust. | 我的智囊团里 有人在欺诈我其他的智囊团 |
[30:19] | – Happens. – What’s the verdict? | – 时有发生 – 你有什么结论 |
[30:20] | Tharp’s not moving. What have you got? | 萨普不会动摇 你们有什么进展 |
[30:23] | Economic fallout in Oneonta, his district, | 在他的管辖区 安妮昂塔 |
[30:25] | in the wake of the pandemic. | 新冠产生了负面经济影响 |
[30:27] | – Spit it. – Downtown’s an aging shithole. | – 直说吧 – 市中心就是个旧粪坑 |
[30:29] | Governor marked millions to put some perfume on that pig. | 州长划了几百万来填这个坑 |
[30:32] | -And if we make that go bye-bye? – Old white people hate | – 想象我们让这笔钱消失了 – 年老的白人 |
[30:34] | when they can’t preserve their history. | 很怕不能保留他们的历史 |
[30:36] | I suppose it’s not so simple as just asking Sweeney to renege? | 我猜怂恿斯威尼反水没那么简单 |
[30:39] | We need to identify some equally worthy projects | 我们要找几个同等价值的项目 |
[30:41] | the funds can be reallocated to. | 重新分配基金 |
[30:44] | – I’ll find it. – And we need to do so | – 交给我 – 而且这么做的时候 |
[30:45] | without exposing you, Mr. Prince, | 不能让你 普林斯先生 |
[30:47] | to criminal liability. | 担上刑事责任 |
[30:49] | At your service. | 乐意效劳 |
[30:52] | Can we pull this off in time? | 我们能及时完成吗 |
[30:59] | If we go to trial, we likely lose, | 如果进入审判阶段 我们很可能会输 |
[31:01] | so we need to negotiate a settlement | 所以我们得商定一份协议 |
[31:02] | we can paint as a win. | 让我们有赢的局面 |
[31:04] | Something they’ll take but not quite choke on. | 让他们能接受但不会太难受 |
[31:06] | Public access times, a sunset provision | 增加对公众开放的时间段 一种日落法规 |
[31:08] | that phases out the private access. | 会逐步淘汰私人通道 |
[31:09] | And you have a plan to pull that off? | 你已经有办法了 |
[31:11] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[31:12] | We just convince the judge and our opponents | 我们只需要让法官和对手相信 |
[31:14] | that it’s not what we want. | 我们没有这样的念头 |
[31:19] | You want to open up the membership | 你想让这个区域每家私人俱乐部 |
[31:22] | to every private club and park in the region | 和公园都开放会员资格 |
[31:25] | and let anarchy reign? | 然后进入无政府统治 |
[31:26] | You’re Sid Vicious now. | 你变成希德·维西斯了 |
[31:28] | Well, as he said, “I’m not vicious, really. | 如他所说 “我不是真邪恶 |
[31:31] | I consider myself to be kindhearted. | 我觉得自己很善良 |
[31:33] | I love me mum.” | 我爱我的缄默不言” |
[31:35] | Look, it’s laid out clearly | 安排很明确 |
[31:38] | in section 40-A that all persons shall be entitled | 40-A区所有人都将有资格 |
[31:41] | to the full and equal accommodations… | 享受同等完善的休闲设施 |
[31:42] | I’m aware of the provisions, Mr. Rhoades. | 条款我很清楚 罗兹先生 |
[31:45] | I don’t need you to recite them. | 不需要你叙述 |
[31:48] | But what I don’t see here is any indication | 但我没看到任何迹象表明 |
[31:51] | that there’s widespread violation of them. | 他们明确违反了法律 |
[31:54] | These clubs all have open-door policies in place now. | 这些俱乐部现在都有开放政策 |
[31:58] | “Open” is subject to interpretation, | “开放”需要进一步解释 |
[32:01] | as our investigation shows. | 我们的调查说明了这点 |
[32:03] | Well, let’s see. | 来看看 |
[32:06] | An African-American man was yelled at by a security guard. | 保安朝一个非洲裔美国人大吼 |
[32:10] | A woman overheard two men crack a sexist joke, | 女子无意中听到 两个男人讲性别歧视的笑话 |
[32:13] | and their membership wasn’t revoked. | 他们的会员资格并未取消 |
[32:17] | One club only has two Jewish members. | 一个俱乐部只有两名犹太人 |
[32:19] | Two? | 两个 |
[32:21] | So they can play golf and tennis with each other. | 这样他们能一起打高尔夫和网球 |
[32:23] | Yeah, it’s a thing. | 对 有这事 |
[32:26] | None of this looks good, | 看起来都没什么根据 |
[32:28] | but grounds for a lawsuit? | 足以提出诉讼吗 |
[32:30] | Individually, these are complaints | 单个来看 这些控诉没有吸引力 |
[32:32] | that get swept under the rug. | 会被置之不理 |
[32:33] | But taken together, | 但放到一起 |
[32:35] | they form a fact pattern about who has access | 就能发现规律 哪些人能进俱乐部 |
[32:37] | and, more importantly, who doesn’t. | 更重要的是 哪些人没有 |
[32:40] | These clubs’ mere existence is a violation of state law. | 这些俱乐部单是存在 就违反了本州法律 |
[32:44] | You’re entitled to your opinion and your frivolous lawsuits, | 你们有权保留观点并提出诉讼 虽然没用 |
[32:47] | as are the defendants who filed a countersuit | 就如同被告有权提起反诉 |
[32:50] | to block NYAG’s efforts. | 阻碍纽约总检察长的工作 |
[32:53] | We expected as much, | 我们所求正是如此 |
[32:54] | and we are eager to argue the points in front of a jury. | 而且我们渴求在陪审团面前辩论 |
[32:57] | I’m sure you’d love the chance. | 你一定爱死这次机会了 |
[32:59] | But I’m granting a permissive joinder of parties, | 不过 我允许政党自由参与共同诉讼 |
[33:02] | combining these lawsuits into one. | 把这些诉讼合成一个 |
[33:04] | – Hold on a sec… – Yep. | – 等等… – 你没听错 |
[33:05] | I’m rolling all your scraps together | 我要把你们所有案子的碎渣 |
[33:08] | into one nice chop meat surprise, | 糅合成一道不寻常的美食 |
[33:11] | and I want a settlement between parties. | 而且我还要各党派签订协议 |
[33:13] | A settlement doesn’t benefit anyone. | 一份协议对谁都没好处 |
[33:21] | Hey, Chuck. | 嘿 查克 |
[33:52] | So you’re putting me in a Ken Patera full nelson? | 你拿肯·帕泰拉的双臂握颈这招对付我 |
[33:55] | No, it’s Chuck Rhoades putting you | 不 是查克·罗兹 |
[33:56] | in this particular chicken wing. | 害你双臂紧锁 动弹不得 |
[33:58] | He’s threatening to pop that shoulder out of joint, | 他威胁要卸掉你的一只肩膀 |
[34:01] | and private enterprise out this state along with it. | 把本州所有私营企业都赶走 |
[34:04] | Well, your part of the state, anyway. | 至少是州内你管辖的部分 |
[34:06] | You see, his war against business | 他跟商界对抗 |
[34:07] | makes it far more advantageous | 导致斯威尼州长 |
[34:09] | for Governor Sweeney to partner with hedge fund owners like me | 更容易倒向我们冲基金老板们 |
[34:12] | than with small businesses and municipalities like yours. | 而不是小公司或你们市政府 利益差太多 |
[34:16] | Bottom-line it for me, city boy. | 都市小子 告诉我底线是什么 |
[34:20] | You can look like a hero when we announce | 你可以是此事的英雄 |
[34:22] | that the Prince Companies will partner with Oneonta | 等我们宣布普林斯集团 |
[34:24] | on the downtown redevelopment project. | 会跟安妮昂塔合作市中心复兴项目 |
[34:26] | Or embrace your political death if your stubborn, | 或者迎接你政治生涯的灭亡 |
[34:29] | if admirable, loyalty won’t quiet down. | 如果你固执地忠诚下去 或许值得尊敬 |
[34:33] | Your choice. | 你自己选 |
[34:34] | It would be an easy choice… | 如果情况再好点 |
[34:38] | under better circumstances. | 就不难选了 |
[34:45] | Shit. | 靠 |
[34:53] | I got your two-thirds. | 我拿到三分之二的票数了 |
[34:55] | It’s go time. | 该行动了 |
[35:05] | Pursuant to this settlement, | 按照这份协议 |
[35:07] | NYAG agrees to drop these lawsuits | 纽约总检察长同意撤销诉讼 |
[35:10] | in exchange for restrictions being lifted | 条件是数个城市公园解除限制 |
[35:13] | and gates unlocked at various city parks | 以及每天对外开门 |
[35:16] | for at least four hours a day. | 最少四小时 |
[35:19] | The timeline to institute this change | 限时七年之内 |
[35:22] | is within seven years. | 必须兑现这项改变 |
[35:26] | I’ll let you folks work out the fine print | 我等你们磋商好细则 |
[35:29] | before I sign off on it. | 再往上面签名 |
[35:35] | No one got what he wanted. | 没人得偿所愿 |
[35:37] | Wheels of justice are grinding away. | 正义之轮尚在转动过去 |
[35:39] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[35:40] | The governor has served the Senate | 州长向州参议院递交 |
[35:42] | with a letter of charges against you. | 一份针对你的起诉书 |
[35:44] | It’s a motion to remove you from office. | 那是把你撤职的动议 |
[35:47] | – On what grounds? – Abuse of power. | – 以什么罪名 – 权力滥用 |
[35:49] | An enemy got ahold of Sweeney and is steering this against me. | 敌人争取到了斯威尼 还用让他针对我 |
[35:53] | Chuck, at this point, it doesn’t matter. | 查克 现如今 这并不重要 |
[35:55] | The ball’s with the Senate now. | 决定权在参议院手上 |
[35:56] | No, it does matter, Ira, | 不 这很重要 艾拉 |
[35:57] | ’cause if someone got to Sweeney, | 倘若有人说服了斯威尼 |
[35:59] | it’s possible they got to the Senate as well. | 那有可能他们也会说服参议院 |
[36:01] | Can they make this move without giving you an opportunity | 他们能不让你自我辩护就 |
[36:03] | – to defend yourself? – Let’s focus on your legal wins. | – 通过动议吗 – 先专注在你的法律优势吧 |
[36:05] | As your attorney, I can represent you, | 作为你的律师 我能代理你 |
[36:07] | but I need help devising a strategy. | 但我需要你帮忙制定策略 |
[36:08] | For when? | 何时决议 |
[36:10] | They’ve called a special session for tonight. | 他们今晚将召集特别会议 |
[36:12] | They can’t do that. | 他们不能这么做 |
[36:14] | Chuck, I read the rules. They can. | 查克 我读过规定了 他们能 |
[36:23] | Welcome, guys. | 欢迎 伙计们 |
[36:24] | We were happy to get your call | 我们很高兴接到电话说 |
[36:26] | to talk about swapping some assets. | 你们想商谈交换资产的事 |
[36:28] | Is it gonna be a “you show us yours, we show you ours” | 这将以”你们展示你们的 我们展示我们的” |
[36:30] | kind of thing, or…? | 之类的形式进行吗 |
[36:32] | Yeah, were you thinking we’d start | 对 你们想从 |
[36:33] | with some of the stuff you built up | 为奥运会准备的 |
[36:35] | in anticipation of the Olympics, or…? | 项目开始谈起 还是… |
[36:43] | We’ll just… | 我们这就… |
[36:45] | No, you’re in the right meeting. Join us. Sit. | 不 你们来对会议了 来 坐 |
[36:48] | So these are the assets | 所以这是你们 |
[36:49] | you’re really interested in. | 真正想谈的资产 |
[36:51] | – That’s right. – Fuck. | – 正确 – 靠 |
[36:53] | I feel like Rogen in Neighbors. | 我感觉像罗根在《邻居大战》里 |
[36:55] | Delta Psi has the upper hand. | 被德尔塔·普赛兄弟会占了上风 |
[36:58] | This is a white paper I started on High Plains | 这是我给高原以及你们管理的 |
[37:01] | and the $937 million of assets you have under management. | 九亿三千七百万资产拟出的白皮书 |
[37:04] | That’s oddly fucking specific. | 看上去特别具体 |
[37:06] | It contains a comprehensive breakdown of your leverage, | 它包括对你们的资金杠杆 |
[37:08] | and creditors, and your allocations. | 债权人及资产分配的综合分析 |
[37:10] | Risk parity: 4%. Long-short equity: 28%. | 风险平价 4% 多空对冲股权 28% |
[37:14] | Credit arbitrage: 6%. | 信贷套利 6% |
[37:16] | Event-driven and risk arbitrage: 24%. | 事件驱动型及风险套利 24% |
[37:18] | CTAs… You know, I could go on, but it’s all there in the paper, | 商品交易顾问… 我可以继续 但都写了 |
[37:21] | as are the individual names you’re in. | 包括你们投资的确切名称 |
[37:23] | We’ve been friends, and I’ve gone to bat for you | 我们一直是朋友 过去我替你们当过灾 |
[37:26] | and bailed you out in the past, but this is the present. | 保释过你们 但这是现在 |
[37:28] | I know where your money’s at, I know what you want, | 我知道你们钱在哪 要的是什么 |
[37:30] | and I know what you’re going after. | 和想争取什么 |
[37:31] | I know where you’re weak. | 我知道你们的弱点 |
[37:33] | This includes specifics, | 里面包括具体事项 |
[37:34] | as you can see on the last page, | 在最后一页上 |
[37:35] | as well as the names of your investors. | 以及你投资者的名单 |
[37:37] | Those are the names I will target | 如果你们想继续挖角我们的员工 |
[37:39] | if you continue sniffing around our personnel, | 尤其是他们决定去你们那边的话 |
[37:40] | and especially if they decide to go over to you. | 我就会针对这个名单 |
[37:45] | Look, um, no decisions have been made yet. | 听着 我们还没做任何决策 |
[37:48] | That’s good, because if that should come to pass, | 那就好 因为要是以上情况发生了 |
[37:50] | I will raid, bleed and feed on High Plains’ business. | 我将会掠夺 放血 和吃掉高原的生意 |
[37:53] | I will sacrifice my own returns to hurt yours, to kill yours. | 我宁愿牺牲自身收益也要将你赶尽杀绝 |
[37:56] | Hey, that kind of interference is illegal. | 慢着 这种干扰方式是非法的 |
[37:58] | – Yeah, totally illegal. – Say “illegal.” | – 对 完全非法 – 说”非法” |
[38:00] | Go ahead and say “illegal” again, I dare you. | 尽管再说遍”非法” 你敢吗 |
[38:02] | I double dare you, motherfucker. | 你敢多说一遍吗 混蛋 |
[38:04] | Go on and say “illegal” one more goddamn time, | 有种再说一遍”非法” |
[38:06] | because you know who I trained under. | 毕竟你知道是谁训练我 |
[38:07] | You saw me train under him. | 你看着我在他手下受训 |
[38:09] | You saw him teach me, and you saw me learn. | 你看着他教我 也看着我成长 |
[38:11] | Now ask yourself if I give a shit about illegal, | 现在你自问我会在乎是否非法吗 |
[38:13] | and whether I’ll be utterly successful blowing up your firm | 还是我会成功彻底搞垮你的公司 |
[38:15] | and sending you back to a trading desk | 把你们送回交易台上 |
[38:17] | as fucking order clerks. | 做该死的订单文员 |
[38:18] | And Mafee, before you say this violates our friendship, | 玛斐 在你说这有违我们的友谊之前 |
[38:22] | Friends don’t steal from friends. | 朋友不会偷朋友的东西 |
[38:26] | Be my friend? | 那继续做朋友吗 |
[38:31] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[38:33] | You reach an inflection point in your career | 你们到了事业上的转折点 |
[38:34] | where either you yearn for something different, | 要么寻求不一样的东西 |
[38:36] | or, in this case, you start to wonder. | 要么 在这情况下 你们开始怀疑 |
[38:39] | You fantasize about turning back the clock. | 你们幻想可以时光倒流 |
[38:41] | Dollar Bill and Mafee want to recreate the old Axe Cap | 多拉尔·比尔和玛斐能在高原 |
[38:43] | at High Plains, | 重建阿克塞资本 |
[38:44] | and maybe you want to be a part of that. | 也许你们想作为一份子 |
[38:46] | To the time of company trips to Miami, | 重回迈阿密的公司旅行 |
[38:48] | the suites at Yankee Stadium, the poker tournaments, | 洋基体育场的包厢看台 扑克锦标赛 |
[38:51] | everyone pitching in to crush a sector. | 所有人参与联手摧毁一个领域 |
[38:56] | But ask yourself, how can they really do that | 但你抚心自问 没了博比·阿克塞尔罗德 |
[38:58] | without Bobby Axelrod? | 他们怎有能力再造辉煌呢 |
[38:59] | Or Bonnie. Or Wags. Or Victor. Or me. | 还有邦妮 瓦格斯 维克多或者我 |
[39:02] | Our collective memory is Axe Capital. | 我们的共同回忆是阿克塞资本 |
[39:04] | The rest is colored bubbles. | 其余的都是梦幻泡影 |
[39:10] | It’s your call. | 你们自己权衡 |
[39:12] | But it’d be a real shame to lose the glue of our operations | 但我们将为失去普林斯资本 |
[39:14] | here on the floor at Michael Prince Capital. | 团队运作的粘合胶而感到可惜 |
[39:16] | You think I’m the glue? | 你觉得我是粘合胶吗 |
[39:18] | And not that Elmer’s preschool shit, either. | 还不是埃尔默学前班用胶的破玩意 |
[39:20] | More like “We need a plastic surgeon | 更像是”我们需要整形医生 |
[39:22] | to remove it from your hair” Gorilla Glue. | 才能从头发里清除掉”的大猩猩万能胶 |
[39:24] | It’d also be a shame | 我们也会可惜失去 |
[39:26] | to lose our comer, as in, | 我们的科默 |
[39:27] | one making rapid progress and showing promise. | 一名进步神速及充满潜力的员工 |
[39:29] | You know, I have been starting to feel it lately. | 我最近开始觉得 |
[39:32] | Like Ohtani in year two in the majors. | 像刚进职业棒球大联盟第二年的大谷 |
[39:33] | Just hitting my stride. | 刚进入跨步期 |
[39:35] | I think what you guys really want is to negotiate | 我想你们真正想要的是 |
[39:37] | for better terms. | 谈更好的待遇 |
[39:39] | Maybe you want to ask for Tuk’s book back. | 也许你想要回图克的交易账户 |
[39:40] | Well, we can get that sorted. He’s back in. | 我们能解决 他可以回来 |
[39:42] | Really? Thanks! | 真的吗 谢谢 |
[39:45] | I mean, okay, sure. | 我指 好吧 行 |
[39:48] | Maybe you want more guidance and less oversight. | 大概你想要多点指导和少点监督 |
[39:50] | Consider it asked and answered. | 就当是答应你了 |
[39:51] | But if you leave, well, as for what happens then, | 但假如你离职 那之后要发生的事情 |
[39:55] | I think we covered that part. | 我想我们已经讨论过了 |
[39:56] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[39:59] | Perhaps we misjudged our timing. | 也许我们误判了时机 |
[40:04] | Let’s scrap the offer on the table | 要是泰勒同意 我们取消工作要求 |
[40:06] | if Taylor will, in the name of friendship, | 以友谊的名义 |
[40:09] | consider that a peace offering. | 请当这是谢罪礼 |
[40:12] | I accept. But the next time you’re thinking | 我同意 不过下次你想跟我们员工 |
[40:15] | about talking to our people, do it through the front door. | 谈话 最好走前门 |
[40:24] | And maybe next time give your interviewees boutique coffee | 还有下次给面试者精品咖啡的时候 |
[40:27] | in unmarked cups. | 记得用无名杯子 |
[40:30] | You and your fucking Blue Bottle. | 你和你那该死的蓝瓶咖啡 |
[40:33] | – We’re done with it. – I like what I like. | – 再也不喝了 – 我有自己的喜好 |
[40:35] | So did KGB, but he still threw the Oreos | 克格勃也有喜好 当被奥利奥出卖底牌时 |
[40:37] | against the fucking wall when they sold him out. | 他会把饼干全丢掉 |
[40:43] | Holy shit. | 真厉害 |
[40:45] | That was a master class of business hardball. | 那是一场商业硬仗的大师课 |
[40:48] | I can’t let anyone take from me. Ever. | 我不会让任何人从手上夺取分毫 永不 |
[40:50] | I see that now. | 我现在懂了 |
[40:52] | Unless it’s something toxic you want to stick them with. | 除非你是想请君入瓮 |
[40:54] | ‘Cause it shows them that you’re weak and vulnerable, | 因为那让你看上去脆弱 |
[40:57] | and next time they’ll come for what matters most. | 下次他们会来夺取重中之重 |
[40:59] | I know you might one day cut me with the knife I’m giving you, | 我晓得你也许哪天会用所学的捅我一刀 |
[41:02] | but I’d rather that than watch a born fighter | 但我宁愿看着一个战士诞生 |
[41:04] | let himself get stabbed. | 而不愿让他受害 |
[41:05] | Oh, and by the way, we’re even. | 还有 我们扯平了 |
[41:07] | I was hoping to keep that chit for a while, but yeah, we are. | 尽管我想把人情留的久一点 不过扯平了 |
[41:18] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[41:20] | I think someone is nostalgic for the way it was here, | 有人在怀念过去公司的运作模式 |
[41:23] | hoping to hang on to as many threads as they can | 期望尽力挽留过去的一丝一缕 |
[41:25] | of the old days, and it wasn’t Tuk or Ben. | 但那人不是图克或者本 |
[41:50] | Chuck… Hmm? | 查克… 呃 |
[41:53] | Senator. | 参议员 |
[41:55] | Why didn’t you return my calls? | 你怎么不接我电话呢 |
[41:57] | I reached out right after I heard from Michael Prince. | 我从迈克尔·普林斯那听说后就在找你 |
[42:00] | Wait, you called about Prince? | 等等 你是为了普林斯找我吗 |
[42:02] | Does it matter? | 这有关系吗 |
[42:04] | No, of course not. | 没 当然没有 |
[42:06] | I bet he was trying to turn you against me. | 我赌他试图说服你反对我 |
[42:08] | But surely I can rely on you, Clay, right? | 但我能相信你对吧 克雷 |
[42:11] | Under better circumstances. | 要是时局好些的话 |
[42:18] | What the hell was that? | 那是什么鬼 |
[42:20] | I’d say it’s the moment we learned | 看来这是我们的义愤填膺 |
[42:22] | our indignation was used against us. | 被用作对付我们的时刻 |
[42:24] | We should have seen this coming. | 我们本该预估到 |
[42:26] | Speeding right in our direction. | 直接向我们冲来 |
[42:28] | Oh, shit, Chuck, | 噢 该死的 查克 |
[42:30] | who suggested The Bates Club as the meeting spot? | 是谁建议到贝茨俱乐部碰面的 |
[42:33] | That’d be Legere. Said he was a member. | 是莱热尔 他说自己是会员 |
[42:35] | Even though he’s from out of town, | 尽管他不是本地人 |
[42:36] | and it’s right across the street | 而且俱乐部在 |
[42:37] | from Van de Veld Park. | 范德维德公园正对面 |
[42:38] | That manipulative motherfucker. | 那个诡计多端的混蛋 |
[42:41] | Chuck. Ira. | 查克 艾拉 |
[42:43] | And Miss Mahar. | 还有马哈尔女士 |
[42:45] | I’ve already seen how warranted your rep is. | 我见识过你的代表诉讼能耐 |
[42:47] | Classic play at The Bates Club. | 在贝茨俱乐部的经典骗局 |
[42:49] | You here to run another bullshit game on us? | 你是来继续套路我们吗 |
[42:52] | It’s a chance to see Maximus at the Colosseum. | 有机会一睹马克西姆斯在斗兽场作战 |
[42:54] | How could I miss it? | 我怎能错过呢 |
[42:55] | He did pretty well, if memory serves. | 我记得 他战绩不错 |
[42:58] | This may not turn out the way you hope. | 这兴许不能让你如愿 |
[43:00] | Instead, it’s likely you’ve wasted much time, | 反而可能白费你大量的时间 |
[43:02] | money and resources orchestrating this. | 金钱和资源去谋划这个局 |
[43:04] | Did I? Well, there’s a price to every battle. | 会吗 反正每场战斗都会有所牺牲 |
[43:08] | A gladiator’s willingness to pay is what defines him. | 一名角斗士的成败取决于他是否愿意牺牲 |
[43:21] | We thank you for your service. | 我们感谢你的服务 |
[43:25] | Your effective performance. | 你那了得的演技 |
[43:28] | With heartstrings well pulled. | 扣人心弦 |
[43:31] | I think we’re good paying you by check. | 我想你愿意收我们的支票 |
[43:35] | For you, a lovely window seat back to Indianapolis. | 给你 回印第安纳波利斯的舒适靠窗座位 |
[43:39] | Prince Capital thanks you for your assistance. | 普林斯资本感谢你的协助 |
[43:47] | The Senate will come to order. | 参议员请有序落座 |
[43:51] | We are in a special session, | 我们进行特别会议 |
[43:54] | closed to the public | 在州长罗伯特·斯威尼的要求下 |
[43:55] | by the request of Governor Robert Sweeney. | 不对外公开 |
[43:59] | Governor, you have the floor. | 州长先生 请您发言 |
[44:11] | Thank you, Madam President. | 谢谢 议长女士 |
[44:13] | I would like to begin this evening by entering into record | 我今晚想先从记录一份 |
[44:16] | a letter that I issued to both this body | 我发给参议院和受到指控一方的信件 |
[44:19] | and to the accused. | 开始 |
[44:21] | It’s about a matter of grave importance | 这件事情很重要 |
[44:24] | that deserves your careful and immediate deliberation. | 需要你们谨慎且迅速地进行商议 |
[44:27] | Remember, no matter what he says, | 记住 无论他说什么 |
[44:28] | we can rebut it with your record. | 我们都可以用你的政绩进行驳斥 |
[44:30] | What he calls corrupt, we rebut with “fair dealmaking.” | 他如果提到腐败 我们就说那是”公平交易” |
[44:33] | You’re someone who strikes a balance | 你是在法律条文 |
[44:35] | between the letter of the law and your evolving understanding | 和理解瞬息万变的世界之间 |
[44:37] | of a rapidly changing world. | 寻求平衡的人 |
[44:39] | You sound as if you believe that yourself. | 讲得好像你相信这套说辞一样 |
[44:42] | I’m certain of it. But you need to be. | 我很确定 但你自己得信 |
[44:44] | I think you will come to the same conclusion | 我相信你们会得出相同的结论 |
[44:46] | that State Attorney General Rhoades has repeatedly | 那就是 州总检察长罗兹 |
[44:49] | used his seat of power to wage personal vendettas | 不断利用他的权力处理个人恩怨 |
[44:53] | instead of protecting the interests | 而不是保护 |
[44:55] | of the citizens of this great state of New York. | 纽约州人民的利益 |
[44:57] | With the latest information, I think our strategy is flawed. | 就最新的情况来看 我觉得我们的策略错了 |
[45:00] | No, come on, Chuck. We’re here now. | 不 拜托 查克 我们已经到这了 |
[45:02] | Sweeney can say whatever he wants, | 斯威尼想说什么都可以 |
[45:03] | leaving me to disprove a negative. | 但我需要去证明一个否命题是错的 |
[45:07] | Mr. Attorney General, | 检察长先生 |
[45:08] | you will get your chance to speak. | 您之后会有机会发言 |
[45:09] | – Oh, will I? – Chuck– | – 哦 是吗 – 查克… |
[45:12] | According to parliamentary procedure | 根据议会程序 |
[45:15] | in special sessions such as this, | 在今天这样的特殊场合 |
[45:17] | the body must vote on whether I even have an opportunity | 参议院需要投票决定我是否有机会 |
[45:20] | to defend myself. | 为自己辩护 |
[45:21] | I was getting to that. Madam President, please. | 我快说到那里了 议长女士 请让我继续 |
[45:23] | Under Article 3, Section 32, | 根据第三条 第三十二节 |
[45:25] | I have the authority to recommend the removal | 我有权建议 |
[45:28] | of any public official for misconduct. | 将任何行为不端的政府官员革职 |
[45:34] | But ultimately, my friends, it is up to you, the Senate, | 但是最后 我的伙伴们 决定权在你 |
[45:37] | who must adjudicate these charges, | 参议院需要裁决这些指控 |
[45:38] | hold a trial, | 进行审判 |
[45:40] | and make a determination by two-thirds vote | 最终根据三分之二的选票做出决定 |
[45:42] | whether to act upon my recommendation. | 是否要执行我的建议 |
[45:45] | And I expect you will come to the same conclusion I have. | 我希望你们会和我保持一致 |
[45:48] | Now, I have authorized President pro tem | 现在 我授权临时议长 |
[45:51] | and the majority leader from District 35 | 和第三十五区参议院多数党领导 |
[45:53] | to lead these proceedings tonight | 共同牵头进行今晚的程序 |
[45:55] | and to vote on Mr. Rhoades’s fate. | 投票决定罗兹先生的命运 |
[45:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[46:04] | Thank you, Governor. | 谢谢您 州长先生 |
[46:05] | I would ask for unanimous consent | 我想询问大家是否一致同意 |
[46:08] | to allow the Attorney General | 在我们开始之前 允许检察长 |
[46:09] | to respond to these charges before we begin. | 回应以上这些指控 |
[46:12] | All those in favor, say “Aye.” | 同意的请说”赞成” |
[46:15] | Aye. | 赞成 |
[46:17] | Those who oppose, say “Nay.” | 不同意的请说”反对” |
[46:24] | The “ayes” have it. | 多数人赞成 |
[46:25] | Mr. Rhoades, the floor is yours. | 罗兹先生 请您发言 |
[46:27] | – Okay, let me speak for you. – No, I have to do this myself. | – 让我代替你发言 – 不 我要自己说 |
[46:31] | You don’t. You shouldn’t. | 你不必这样 也不该上台 |
[46:33] | When has a pro se defendant ever been the right choice? | 什么时候自我辩护变成正确的选择了 |
[46:36] | You said yourself this wasn’t a real trial. | 你告诉过你自己这不是真正的审判 |
[46:38] | It isn’t, it’s– | 这的确不是 这是… |
[46:39] | You remember what General de Gaulle said | 你记得戴高乐将军 |
[46:41] | when he took to the BBC? | 去英国广播公司的时候说了什么吗 |
[46:42] | No, but I suppose you do. | 不 但你应该记得 |
[46:44] | “Honor, common sense, | “荣耀 常识 |
[46:45] | and the interests of the country | 以及国家利益 |
[46:47] | require that all free men, wherever they be, | 要求所有自由之人 无论身处何地 |
[46:49] | should continue the fight as best they may.” | 都需要尽最大努力继续战斗” |
[46:52] | The French government was all but prepared | 法国政府几乎准备好 |
[46:54] | to sign an armistice with the Nazi invaders | 和纳粹侵略者签署停火协议的时候 |
[46:56] | when General de Gaulle’s call for freedom | 戴高乐将军为自由而战的号召 |
[46:58] | rang out over the airwaves. | 通过广播响彻云霄 |
[47:00] | Their fight preserved their nation’s honor. | 他们的抗争保全了国家荣耀 |
[47:04] | This one is mine, Ira. | 我要为自己而战 艾拉 |
[47:06] | Mr. Attorney General, we’re waiting. | 检察长先生 我们在等您 |
[47:22] | Let’s concede something right off the top here. | 首先让我们先承认一些事 |
[47:24] | If you do this, you will be heroes come morning. | 如果你们决定让我下台 明天你们就是英雄 |
[47:28] | No. No doubt about it. | 不要怀疑 就是这样 |
[47:30] | Any time a favorite loses in a shocker, | 任何时候 大众都乐于看到 |
[47:33] | the crowd cheers. | 政界宠儿突然垮台 |
[47:35] | And not just the punters. The flacks too. | 不止是赌徒 媒体也喜欢 |
[47:37] | Editorialists will salute you. | 社论作家们会向你们致敬 |
[47:40] | The front pages will proclaim | 新闻头版会强调 |
[47:42] | that the will of the people was done here. | 参议院听到了民众的呼声 |
[47:47] | And you will all have a few days of kick-ass polling, | 你们会连续一段时间从民意测验中得知 |
[47:49] | telling you you have done good and right, | 大家觉得你们很棒 做出了正确的决定 |
[47:53] | and taken the bold step so many before you failed to take. | 勇敢地迈出了之前未能迈出的一步 |
[47:56] | So, yeah, contemporary opinion and the mood of the moment | 当下的评价和氛围 |
[48:01] | will feel like helium, lifting you to the sky. | 就像氦气 让你们飘飘欲仙 |
[48:06] | But that puts me in mind of a certain rigid airship | 但那让我想到某艘硬式飞艇 |
[48:10] | that was also the toast of its town in its day. | 在当时那个年代也是全国的焦点 |
[48:14] | Named for a legendary military man, | 这种飞艇以一位传奇军人的命名 |
[48:17] | this dirigible was state of the art. | 曾代表着最先进的航空技术 |
[48:20] | The smartest, most connected | 商界和政界中 |
[48:22] | and influential figures in finance and government | 最有头脑 最有门路 影响力最大的那群人 |
[48:24] | elbowed each other out of the way to get seats. | 争先恐后想要获得乘坐机会 |
[48:27] | And, for a time, | 然后 在一段时间里 |
[48:30] | it did what it was supposed to do. | 它无愧于它的使命 |
[48:32] | In high style. | 风光无限 |
[48:34] | And was celebrated in much the same way | 获得了你们之后 |
[48:36] | you all will be. | 会享有的盛誉 |
[48:39] | That military officer, | 那位军事将领 |
[48:41] | his name was President Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg. | 是陆军元帅 也是德国总统 保罗·冯·兴登堡 |
[48:45] | But instead of that name connoting things like honor, | 然而现在 这个名字和诸如 荣耀 |
[48:49] | bravery under fire, sophistication, | 临危不惧 精明老练 等等美好词汇毫不相干 |
[48:51] | it now means disaster of untold proportion. | 它是灭顶之灾的代名词 |
[48:54] | And this body politic is heading in the same direction | 现在参议院正在步其后尘 |
[48:58] | unless it reverses course right now. | 除非 你们能回心转意 |
[49:01] | Boom! | 嘭 |
[49:05] | Oh, the humanity. | 噢 人性 |
[49:07] | Dang, he’s good. | 该死 他可真能说 |
[49:11] | We’re here to watch him fall, not admire him. | 我们是来看着他落马的 可不是搞什么崇拜 |
[49:13] | Well, it’s both. | 两者都有 |
[49:15] | If you do rethink this… | 如果你们能重新考虑 |
[49:18] | I will hold no grudge. | 我将对你们绝无怨恨 |
[49:20] | No ill will. | 绝无敌意 |
[49:22] | I understand the pressure you are under. | 我理解你们正处于巨大的压力之下 |
[49:25] | Every single one of you in this chamber | 在座的每一位 |
[49:28] | has been cajoled and enticed by a man | 都曾被一个男人哄骗引诱 |
[49:32] | who owns more assets than the GDP | 他拥有的资产 |
[49:35] | of most countries on the planet. | 比世界上多数国家的全年国内生产总值还高 |
[49:38] | Cajoled and enticed to steer things his way | 你们被他哄骗着 诱导着 |
[49:41] | as he sees fit. | 让事态向着他希望的方向倾斜 |
[49:43] | Not what the voters of New York asked for, | 可不是纽约选民们所希望的 |
[49:45] | but what he wants. | 只是他一个人的意愿 |
[49:47] | If that’s not the definition of corruption, | 如果这都不是腐败 |
[49:49] | I don’t know what is. | 那我不知道该如何解释这个词 |
[49:53] | You know, what some people call anti-business | 一些人口中的反金融 |
[49:55] | is actually anti-corruption. | 事实上是在反腐败 |
[49:57] | What some people claim is abuse of power | 一些人口中的权力滥用 |
[49:59] | is actually holding abusers accountable. | 事实上正在对滥用者问责 |
[50:02] | But it’s easy to forget one’s ideals | 但面对一沓钞票或者政治利益的时候 |
[50:05] | when there’s a pile of money or political spoils on the table, | 很容易把理想和抱负抛之脑后 |
[50:09] | ’cause we each have things we want, | 因为我们都有欲望 |
[50:11] | and there never seems to be enough to pay for ’em. | 以及有一个词叫作欲壑难填 |
[50:14] | But we were elected to stand against those corrupting forces | 但我们被选出来 和那些腐败力量抗争 |
[50:19] | that would use that pile to steer us away | 他们用钱权将这个世界 |
[50:22] | from what we know to be fair and just. | 变得不再公平公正 |
[50:25] | We were elected to be the voice for the people | 我们被选出来 |
[50:27] | who don’t have one of their own. | 要为没有发言权的人民发声 |
[50:31] | Those who have been silenced | 他们面对强权 |
[50:33] | when they dared speak truth to the powerful. | 敢于说出真相却被噤声 |
[50:36] | But history hears their voices in this chamber tonight. | 但今晚 在这里 历史将会听到他们的声音 |
[50:43] | I unconditionally reject the charges leveled against me, | 我无条件否认针对我的控诉 |
[50:47] | and have a public record that supports what I fight for, | 公开档案证明了我为纽约州人民做出的抗争 |
[50:50] | and have won, for the people of this great state. | 以及取得的成就 |
[50:52] | And you have a choice. | 决定权在你们的手里 |
[50:56] | Fly with me… | 支持我 |
[51:00] | or let this whole place go up in flames like a Nazi zeppelin. | 或者让这里像纳粹的飞艇一样付之一炬 |
[51:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:21] | That response? That never happens. | 这种反响 之前从未有过 |
[51:25] | A great oration can change the tides of history. | 精彩的演说可以改变历史潮流 |
[51:28] | We’ll see. | 我们等着看 |
[51:31] | Senator Darcy Phelps. | 达西·菲尔普斯议员 |
[51:34] | Aye. | 同意 |
[51:36] | Senator Kirsten Potter. | 克里斯汀·波特议员 |
[51:38] | Nay. | 反对 |
[51:41] | Senator Jim Rankle. | 吉姆·兰科议员 |
[51:44] | Aye. | 同意 |
[51:46] | Senator Marcia Ross. | 玛西亚·罗斯议员 |
[51:50] | Aye. | 同意 |
[51:56] | Senator Antonio Simamora. | 安东尼奥·西马莫拉议员 |
[51:59] | Nay. | 反对 |
[52:06] | Senator Clay Tharp. | 克莱·夏普议员 |
[52:16] | It’s always the one guy you counted on. | 最后你依赖的总是那么一个人 |
[52:25] | Aye. | 同意 |
[52:33] | The ayes have it. | 多数赞成 |
[52:35] | This motion has been passed. | 动议通过 |
[52:39] | Charles Rhoades, Jr., is hereby removed | 小查尔斯·罗兹被免去 |
[52:42] | as attorney general of the State of New York. | 纽约州检察长一职 |
[52:46] | The Senate names Miss Daevisha Mahar | 参议院任命德维沙·马哈尔 |
[52:49] | as acting attorney general | 为罗德先生剩余的任期内 |
[52:50] | for the remainder of Mr. Rhoades’s term. | 代理检察长 |
[52:52] | Thank you all. | 谢谢各位 |
[53:10] | Drink it up, Prince of the City. | 尽情庆祝吧 纽约之王普林斯 |
[53:12] | But know that you have made one mistake. | 但你要知道 你犯了个错误 |
[53:15] | Unlike Walter Sinclair Smith, | 我可不像沃尔特·辛克莱·史密斯 |
[53:17] | I am not actually shot dead in my trench. | 我还没有被完全打死 |
[53:19] | That’s the thing about dead men. They never actually know it. | 那就是死人的事了 他们不会知道 |
[53:22] | But everyone else does. | 但其他人心知肚明 |
[53:25] | Close your eyes, Chuck. | 查克 闭上眼睛 |
[53:26] | It’s over and done. | 一切都结束了 |
[53:33] | Right | ♪就是♪ |
[53:35] | Now | ♪现在♪ |
[53:42] | I am an Antichrist | ♪我反对基督教♪ |
[53:45] | I am an anarchist | ♪我信奉无政府主义♪ |
[53:49] | Don’t know what I want But I know how to get it | ♪不知道想要什么 但知道如何得到♪ |
[53:53] | I want to destroy passerby | ♪我想毁掉路人♪ |
[53:56] | ‘Cause I | ♪因为我♪ |
[53:59] | Wanna be | ♪想成为♪ |
[54:02] | Anarchy | ♪混乱本身♪ |