时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Axe swallowed it. | 阿克塞自食苦果 |
[00:12] | He actually closed on that money. | 他还真吃掉了那笔钱 |
[00:13] | Where does that leave us? | 那我们怎么办 |
[00:14] | It leaves you head down, eyes forward doing good work, | 认真干活 做好眼前的工作 |
[00:17] | earning returns for the firm. | 为公司把钱赚回来 |
[00:20] | Pull him out of there! | 把他拖出来 |
[00:27] | I’ll give you two billion walk away money | 我给你二十亿跑路钱 |
[00:29] | for Axe Holding, the bank, and the asset management arm. | 交换阿克塞控股 银行 和资产管理小组 |
[00:32] | I hope when this all calms down | 我希望当一切尘埃落定 |
[00:33] | and you really look at it and me, | 你们看着这一切和我 |
[00:35] | that you won’t even want to leave. | 不会想要离开的 |
[00:37] | But the thing of it is we can’t, even if we want to, right? | 但问题是我们既是想要离开 也做不到 |
[00:41] | Anyone who wants to get wealthy, | 所有想要跻身上流社会的人 |
[00:43] | rich in your language, can stay, | 用你们的话就是变有钱 可以留下 |
[00:45] | and we can discuss your place in the new organization. | 我们可以讨论一下你在新组织里的职位 |
[00:49] | – I’m out. – Yeah. This place… | – 我不干了 – 嗯 这地儿… |
[00:51] | I’m out of here too. | 我也不干了 |
[00:53] | Run. | 跑 |
[00:56] | If I see you here again, it’ll be to my benefit… | 要是我再在这里看到你 那是我获益了… |
[00:59] | but I hope I don’t. | 但我希望我没有 |
[01:01] | This company, formerly known as Axe Capital, | 这家公司 原是阿克塞资本 |
[01:04] | belongs to me now. | 现在归我的了 |
[01:05] | Now, you’re my problem. | 现在 你是我要处理的问题 |
[01:07] | And you know what I do to problems. | 而你知道我怎么处理问题的 |
[01:10] | – I get rid of them. – No. | – 我会铲除他们 – 不 |
[01:11] | I got rid of the guy in the chair. | 是我把这里原先的主人给搞定的 |
[01:13] | Now how we know this to be true? | 我们怎么确认这件事的呢 |
[01:15] | ‘Cause I’m the one sitting in it. | 因为这椅子归我来坐了 |
[01:18] | Not for fucking long. | 坐不了多久了 |
[01:55] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[01:57] | Yeah! | 好的 |
[02:29] | Hold fire! | 别开炮 |
[02:44] | That cannon has fired its last salvo! | 这是大炮能打出的最后一颗炮弹了 |
[03:33] | You’ll be so centered in the office today. | 你今天肯定会是办公室里面的焦点 |
[03:38] | You’re in the zone, huh? | 你完全进入状态了 |
[03:40] | That’s the idea. | 就是要这样 |
[03:41] | Focus. | 专注 |
[03:42] | Detachment from all else. | 和其他的一切分离 |
[03:44] | That Buddhist shit. | 那佛教玩意儿 |
[03:47] | If I can only put everything… | 要是我能把所有东西都放到… |
[03:50] | right here. | 这里 |
[03:51] | Right at the tip of my consciousness. | 我的意识的最尖端 |
[03:53] | Then you are gonna make hella good ice cream. | 那你肯定能做出好吃的雪糕 |
[03:56] | Then I’m… | 那我… |
[03:57] | maybe can work myself out of my… | 或许可以给自己找到出路… |
[04:00] | Don’t think. | 别去想 |
[04:02] | Just do. | 做就完事了 |
[04:04] | There’s that Buddhist shit again. | 这不也是佛教玩意儿吗 |
[04:39] | Good? Need a break? | 怎么样 需要休息一下吗 |
[04:40] | When I ask for a break, | 只有要死了 |
[04:41] | you’ll know the body snatchers have taken me over. | 我才会要求休息的 |
[04:44] | Good, now use your head. | 很好 现在用上你的头部 |
[04:49] | Sex. He’s having sex. | 做爱 他在做爱 |
[04:50] | Could he just be having sex? | 他会不会就只是在做爱 |
[04:53] | It’s him we’re talking about. It’s probably sex. | 那可是他 他很可能是在做爱 |
[04:55] | That would look… different, I think. | 我想 那个应该会看起来不一样吧 |
[04:58] | But I’m not a doctor. | 但我又不是医生 |
[04:59] | And as a non-doctor, you’re diagnosing heart attack. | 而不是医生的你 却在诊断心脏病发作 |
[05:01] | Well, I can’t diagnose. The not-doctor thing. | 我不会诊断 非医生做的事是 |
[05:04] | Suggesting. Declaring. | 建议 声明 |
[05:05] | Somewhere in that spectrum. | 之类的东西 |
[05:07] | Because this… | 因为这个… |
[05:08] | is what a heart attack looks like. | 是心脏病发作的样子 |
[05:12] | These readouts look as alike as the Van Arsdale Twins. | 这两个看着就和范阿斯代尔双胞胎一样相像 |
[05:15] | When you pull out those ’70s basketball metaphors, | 当你搬出来一些七十年代的篮球隐喻 |
[05:17] | it does force me to listen. | 我真得认真听了 |
[05:18] | I reserve them for maximum impact. | 我故意的 让你印象深刻 |
[05:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:21] | So, then, we have to make the call. | 所以 我们要做决定了 |
[05:22] | I’ll admit, it’s the right thing to do. | 我承认 这是我们该做的 |
[05:25] | If you can save a life, you save a life. | 能救一个是一个 |
[05:26] | – That’s the kind of thing I… – Yes. | – 那是我想做的事… – 我知道 |
[05:27] | And I know you mean it. But… | 我也知道你是认真的 但… |
[05:29] | even at the cost of exposing what we’re doing. | 甚至不惜暴露我们的计划 |
[05:32] | I’m going to leave that question lingering | 我就不说什么了 |
[05:34] | so you can hear it and answer yourself. | 你自己好好回味一下刚刚提的问题 |
[05:36] | Damn. | 淦 |
[05:37] | Once you said heart attack, you knew we’d intervene. | 你说是心脏病发作 你知道我们得去干预 |
[05:40] | But now our cover’s gonna be blown. | 那我们的伪装就暴露了 |
[05:42] | Maybe in the all the hubbub, they won’t notice. | 或许在混乱中 他们不会注意到的 |
[05:44] | Make the call. | 打电话吧 |
[05:51] | What the fuck are you guys doing here? | 你们特么来这是干什么的 |
[05:53] | Are you strippers? | 脱衣舞娘吗 |
[05:54] | Because great, but… not until I finish my… | 因为 很好 但是… 我得先完成… |
[05:59] | We’re not strippers, sir. You’re having a heart attack, | 先生 我们不是脱衣舞娘 你心脏病发作了 |
[06:01] | – we’re here to… – I’m doing a Peloton class. | – 我们是来… – 我是在骑动感单车 |
[06:03] | With Tunde. | 听着敦德的歌 |
[06:05] | So I don’t have a heart attack keeping up with my girlfriend. | 所以我没有为了比肩我女朋友而心梗 |
[06:10] | She’s young. | 她挺年轻的 |
[06:13] | I liked you better when you were strippers. | 要是你们是脱衣舞娘就好了 |
[06:15] | We were never strippers. | 我们和脱衣舞娘没有半毛钱关系 |
[06:17] | Sir, how’s your jaw? | 先生 你下巴怎么样了 |
[06:19] | Now that you mention it, a little like Ali after Norton. | 说起来 有点像是阿里被诺顿打了的下巴 |
[06:23] | And… uh, | 还有… |
[06:25] | if I’m being honest, the breathing’s | 说实话 我的呼吸 |
[06:28] | a little… tight. Huh. | 有点… 急促 |
[06:29] | Mr. Wagner, I implore you, take this aspirin | 瓦格纳先生 我恳求你 服下这颗阿司匹林 |
[06:32] | and let us get you down to an ambulance | 然后我们会把你送上救护车 |
[06:34] | before it’s too late. | 趁现在还来得及 |
[06:45] | It’s alive! | 他还活着 |
[06:50] | Wags! | 瓦格斯 |
[06:59] | That is something to see right there. | 这可太值得一看了 |
[07:04] | Rumors of my demise… | 有关我要挂的谣言… |
[07:05] | I mean to say, it is fucking great to be back! | 我真得说 能活着回来实在太棒了 |
[07:09] | So glad to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[07:11] | So, so glad. | 真的很高兴 |
[07:12] | I was worried. | 我可担心了 |
[07:13] | Yeah, I got that from the 40 texts a day. | 我从每天四十条短信中发现了 |
[07:15] | But like I said, it’s a small heart attack. | 但如我所说的 不过是个小的心脏病发作 |
[07:18] | Mild as Babybel cheese. | 跟小贝勒芝士一样没味道 |
[07:20] | Stents are in. I’m not going out like Mr. Big. | 做了支架 不会像大人物合唱团那样挂掉的 |
[07:22] | How’d you know it wasn’t just indigestion or something? | 你怎么知道不是什么消化不良之类的 |
[07:24] | I always wonder if I’d know. | 我一直好奇自己怎么知道心梗了 |
[07:26] | You were weaned on olive oil and rustic red wine. | 你是靠橄榄油和劣质红酒长大的 |
[07:29] | Better chance of you being knocked off in a barber’s chair | 你被砸晕在发廊椅子上的可能性要比 |
[07:32] | than from the ticker exploding. But no, I didn’t know. | 心脏病发大多了 不过答案是不 我不知道 |
[07:34] | So what made you call the ambulance? | 那你怎么想到叫救护车的 |
[07:38] | Come to think of it, I didn’t. | 仔细想来 我没叫过 |
[07:56] | This is a listening tour. | 这是一次倾听课程 |
[07:58] | I listen. You talk. | 我听 你说 |
[07:59] | Then I give someone else a chance to talk. | 然后我会让其他人来说 |
[08:01] | But first, take this. | 但首先 拿着这个 |
[08:03] | All of you are gonna get one. | 你们每个人都会拿到一个 |
[08:05] | The Nimbus. A buddy’s startup. | “光环” 我一个朋友的初创公司 |
[08:07] | You’re holding that ring out there like it’s Frodo’s. | 你拿着它 弄得像是指环王里面的戒指 |
[08:09] | In its own way, it has the same kind of potential | 是这个意思 它能有潜力 |
[08:12] | for life extension and to improve our community. | 帮助延长寿命和提升我们的社群环境 |
[08:14] | This’ll track your sleep, your resting heart rate, | 它会追踪你的睡眠 你的静息心率 |
[08:17] | your BEWAT and ICHS and other vitals | 健康行为评分 心血管评分等生命指标 |
[08:19] | in the name of well-being and productivity | 为了你的身体健康和工作效率 |
[08:22] | so that you can measure you. | 让你们可以监测自己 |
[08:23] | We’ve found the mind/body connection | 我们发现身心的连接 |
[08:25] | a key difference maker. | 能引起重大变化 |
[08:26] | Use this for a month, check in on yourself, | 用上一个月 检查自己 |
[08:29] | see if you don’t agree. | 看看你会不会发生改变 |
[08:30] | When you say, “Use this,” Is that like, uh, | 你说的 “使用这个” |
[08:31] | “If you choose to use this,” Or “You have to use this?” | 是”你可以选择用”还是”你必须用” |
[08:34] | I’m not here to give you orders today. | 我今天来不是为了命令你们的 |
[08:36] | It’s just… I don’t think I want to wear it. | 就只是… 我不想戴 |
[08:38] | I will become obsessed with not disappointing myself. | 不然我会强迫自己 不让自己失望 |
[08:40] | I will end up working out even more. | 我只会运动得更多 |
[08:42] | Eating even less. Actually, that sounds great… | 吃得更少 实际上 这听上去还不错… |
[08:45] | – Gimme that, please. – Good. | – 给我一个 谢谢 – 很好 |
[08:47] | Look, I know this place used to operate in the red zone. | 我知道你们习惯了在禁区做操作 |
[08:50] | I don’t do red zone. | 我不搞那一套 |
[08:53] | So talk to me. | 所以尽管来找我 |
[08:54] | Ain’t ratting or being ratted on. | 我不要告发或被告发 |
[08:56] | I’m not really interested in being | 我不想做 |
[08:58] | the Big Pussy of this place. | 这里的二五仔 |
[08:59] | Never ends well for the Big Pussy. | 二五仔从来都没有好结果的 |
[09:02] | Dollar Bill never said nothing like that about you. | 多拉尔·比尔可从来没有那么说过你 |
[09:04] | No one’s getting capped because of something someone said. | 没人会因为其他人说的事而无法升职 |
[09:08] | As Ness said to the Chi-Town cops, | 正如内斯跟芝加哥警察说的 |
[09:10] | “What you’ve done before today is not my concern. | “我不在乎你之前都做过什么 |
[09:13] | But now we must be pure.” | 但现在起我们必须廉洁奉公” |
[09:15] | I’m getting my arms around this place, | 我要在这里寻找得力帮手 |
[09:17] | so this is your chance to shape that bundle | 所以现在是你们团结起来 |
[09:21] | that’s gonna be in those arms. So, let’s begin. | 成为得力帮手的机会了 开始吧 |
[09:29] | Everyone knew to be here for this. | 所有人都知道要来这里参会 |
[09:31] | I’m here. With bells on. | 我屁颠屁颠地就来了 |
[09:33] | Set my alarm and everything. | 还设置好了闹钟 |
[09:34] | Taylor comes and goes as they wish. | 在泰勒公司 从来都是自愿来办公室 |
[09:36] | Wherever they are in the world, | 不管他们在哪 |
[09:38] | they produce results. | 他们都有产出 |
[09:39] | Kind of like how Dwayne “The Rock” | 有点像是道恩·”巨石”·强森 |
[09:40] | can show up late to a film shoot | 就可以晚到片场 |
[09:42] | because his movies always do, like, a billion dollars. | 因为他的电影 每一部都能收益过十亿 |
[09:45] | Guys like Winston | 温斯顿那样的人 |
[09:46] | need to spitshine their shoes | 就得在他们鞋子上吐痰 |
[09:47] | and stand at attention to get noticed. | 立正站直来吸引注意 |
[09:50] | I like your loyalty. | 我喜欢你的忠诚 |
[09:51] | And agree, Winston showing out like this | 而且我赞同 温斯顿这样的表现 |
[09:53] | is what the Navy SEALs would call “Butt snorkeling.” | 在海军陆战队里会被称为”脸埋屁股” |
[09:54] | But when I announce an all-hands, I need… | 而当我宣布召开全员大会 我需要… |
[09:57] | I know what you need. | 我知道你需要什么 |
[09:58] | Or what you claim to need. Bracing honesty. | 或是你声称你所需要的 建立诚信 |
[10:01] | But when people say that, what they really want is | 但人们说这话时 实际他们想要的是一只 |
[10:03] | someone to tousle their hair and tell them, “Good boy.” | 可以顺顺毛的乖乖狗 说声”好宝宝” |
[10:09] | I have neither the hair nor the need for approval. | 我既没有毛 也不需要那样的赞扬 |
[10:13] | Besides, I’m asking about what was, | 相反 我想要的是以前的样子 |
[10:16] | what should be, not what is. | 应该的样子 而不是现在的样子 |
[10:18] | Not your judgment of me. | 也不是你对我的评论 |
[10:19] | You are the very thing I am judging. | 你正是我所评判的对象 |
[10:21] | My judgment of you crowds all other discernment I might have. | 我对你的评判屏蔽了我对其他事物的判断能力 |
[10:23] | I’m gonna work hard to shift that judgment. | 我会努力改变你对我的评判 |
[10:25] | That’s on me now. | 那是我的事 |
[10:27] | I don’t think that can happen. | 我不觉得会改变 |
[10:28] | Just tell me what you need to succeed here. | 你就告诉我你需要些什么来获取成功 |
[10:30] | A boss I can trust and work with. | 一个我能信任和合作的老板 |
[10:32] | I’m not Axe. | 我不是阿克塞 |
[10:33] | You’re sitting in the same office. | 你坐在了同一个办公室 |
[10:34] | You own what was once his. | 你拥有曾经是属于他的东西 |
[10:36] | For different reasons. I need faster returns | 原因不同 我需要有比私人产权 |
[10:38] | and greater liquidity than private equity provides. | 更快的收益和更好的资金流动性 |
[10:40] | To that end, I want to make you Chief Investment Officer. | 因此 我想任命你为首席投资官 |
[10:45] | How’s that for trust? | 这信任如何 |
[10:46] | Yeah, that means you trust me | 很好 那意味着你相信我 |
[10:48] | and want to use me to win over the investors’ trust. | 打算利用我重新赢得投资人的信任 |
[10:51] | But I won’t take that position. | 不过我不会接受这个职位 |
[10:52] | Last time I was CIO, all my moves were wiped off the board. | 上次我当首席投资官 我的操作都被否决了 |
[10:55] | Like I said, I’m different. | 我说过 我不一样 |
[10:57] | And I’m willing to put the time and effort in | 我愿意让时间和我的努力 |
[10:58] | to prove that to you… | 证明给你看… |
[11:00] | to everyone here. | 也给所有人看 |
[11:02] | You bought me up. | 你买通过我 |
[11:03] | You’re kind of forcing me to stay here. | 现在算是强迫我留任 |
[11:05] | Doesn’t feel different. | 感觉没什么不一样 |
[11:28] | Hello, neighbor. | 你好啊 邻居 |
[11:29] | – Good day, sir. – Good day to you. | – 早上好 – 早上好 |
[11:32] | Boy, this is… | 哥们儿 你这产业… |
[11:33] | some magnificent spread. | 相当壮观 |
[11:36] | Something that’s been in the family for… | 这些作为家族财产已经有… |
[11:38] | Well, it was in the family years ago. | 应该说多年前曾掌握在家族手中 |
[11:41] | And now, once again. | 如今往日再现 |
[11:42] | My great-great-great -great-grandfather | 我的曾曾曾曾曾祖父 |
[11:45] | built those stone fences… | 垒了那几道石墙… |
[11:47] | …and hid behind them, | …埋伏在后边 |
[11:48] | firing his musket at the Redcoats. | 用滑膛枪打击英国佬 |
[11:54] | Yeah. | 不错 |
[11:55] | You’d think a place this grand, | 你会觉得像这种恢宏的旷野 |
[11:58] | it would suck up the sound. | 有吸音的作用 |
[12:00] | But it’s a funny thing about gunpowder and sky, | 但有点滑稽的是 火药和辽阔的天空 |
[12:02] | one offers little resistance to the other. | 彼此之间没什么抵抗力 |
[12:04] | That’s the thing about a cannon, | 这就是大炮的特性 |
[12:06] | nothing much offers it resistance. | 没有什么对它有抵抗力 |
[12:09] | That’s why I have such regard for their power. | 所以我对其威力心存敬畏 |
[12:13] | Well, that’s why I’m here. | 所以我才过来 |
[12:16] | The artillery. | 说说这些大炮 |
[12:17] | For one thing, uh, we share a stream, | 一方面是 咱们守着同一条河 |
[12:20] | that I irrigate my fields with, | 我用河水浇地 |
[12:22] | and when it comes to black powder residue | 但河水里会有黑火药残留 |
[12:24] | and leaching metals… | 还有渗入水中的金属物质… |
[12:26] | I’m downstream of you. | 我在你下游 |
[12:29] | So you are. | 确实是 |
[12:31] | Then there’s the noise. | 另一方面就是噪声 |
[12:33] | It’s really jarring and unsettling. | 非常刺耳 突兀 让人心神不安 |
[12:36] | And I’m not a dairy outfit, | 我不做乳品生意 |
[12:38] | but I do have a milk cow, and she’s sensitive. | 但养了一头奶牛 这牛有点敏感 |
[12:40] | She won’t give milk with all the bombs bursting in air. | 到处都是大炮的爆炸声 她下不出奶水 |
[12:44] | Well, I’m sorry to hear your Guernsey’s teats are swoll… | 我也挺遗憾的 让你的更赛牛乳头肿胀… |
[12:46] | – She’s a Holstein. – That’s… | – 是荷斯坦牛 – 这可… |
[12:51] | A smart man once said, | 有位智者说过 |
[12:54] | “Nothing external affects how you feel. | “外界纷扰并不决定你的感受 |
[12:56] | You control how you feel.” | 你的感受取决于你本人” |
[12:59] | So I say this, | 要我就说 |
[13:00] | “When you hear the sound of the cannon, | “当你听闻火炮的轰鸣 |
[13:02] | why don’t you hear what I do?” | 不妨感知我的初衷” |
[13:04] | The sound of liberty, | 这是自由的声音 |
[13:06] | of triumph. | 是胜利的声音 |
[13:08] | Of America! | 是美国的声音 |
[13:09] | You can make yourself process it that way. | 你可以这么想 排遣心境 |
[13:13] | Seems like an awful lot of work. | 这得费很大的劲 |
[13:17] | Work… | 努力… |
[13:18] | is how I made the fortune | 成就我的财富 |
[13:21] | that’s allowed me to possess this place anew. | 让我有实力重新购得这片产业 |
[13:23] | Work is what men like me… | 像我这样的人…尽力而为 |
[13:25] | and, I assume, you, are made of. | 是基本素质 我相信你也一样 |
[13:27] | Sure. No, I’m familiar with the bromides of the self-made. | 当然了 我很熟悉白手起家这路励志老汤 |
[13:31] | The work-is-the-tonic types. | 包括工作可以治愈这种套话 |
[13:35] | Perhaps you could do me the courtesy | 是不是可以劳驾你 |
[13:36] | of just limiting the number of times a week. | 控制一下每周的放炮次数 |
[13:39] | It’s strictly limited. | 本来就有严格的控制 |
[13:41] | Morning and nightfall. | 早上和晚上 |
[13:43] | I’m a constitutional scholar… | 我是研究宪法的学者… |
[13:45] | Not as a vocation, like you, | 不像你是专业的 |
[13:47] | but as an avocation. | 我不过作为业余爱好 |
[13:49] | And the amendments to that vaunted document… | 而针对那份著名文件的修正案… |
[13:51] | Oh, I’m ahead of you. | 别说了 我已经知道了 |
[13:53] | Yes, I know which amendment you’re so keen on. | 我知道是哪款修正案说到你心缝里了 |
[13:58] | Well, thanks for the visit. | 还是感谢你的到访 |
[13:59] | Mind Mr. Frost’s words about good fences. | 记着弗罗斯特先生说的围墙的作用 |
[14:02] | Ah, the neighbors worked together | 在罗伯特·弗罗斯特的《修墙》里 |
[14:04] | in Robert Frost’s “Mending Wall.” | 邻居间是一起努力的 |
[14:06] | The point is wholly… | 这话说得完全… |
[14:07] | Whatever. | 算了 |
[14:10] | I didn’t come looking for a war. | 我不是来找人干仗的 |
[14:12] | Well I, on the other hand, have always regretted | 正好相反 我一直觉得 |
[14:14] | I didn’t get a chance to fight in mine. | 没赶上干一仗 相当遗憾 |
[14:35] | Former culture wasn’t a problem for me. | 以前的公司文化我觉得没问题 |
[14:37] | New one won’t be either. I’m not like these weak-knees. | 新公司文化也一样 我不像这些软脚虾 |
[14:40] | You’re not talking about me, are you? | 你不是说我呢吧 |
[14:42] | I hope you don’t think my knees are weak, they’re… | 你不该觉得我不够决断 我的意志… |
[14:43] | Well, he’s not fucking talking about me, dude. | 他说的反正不是我 二货 |
[14:46] | Let’s start with this. | 咱们先形成一个共识 |
[14:47] | There’s no shame in being sensitive. | 敏感不是什么丢脸的事 |
[14:50] | You need to be. | 应该敏感起来 |
[14:51] | One of the secrets to being a great investor | 要成为出色的投资人 诀窍之一 |
[14:53] | is recognizing the impulses that might lead you | 是能够辨认出 让你凭心血来潮 |
[14:55] | to make decisions based on emotion. | 就做出决策的冲动 |
[14:58] | If you’re not training yourself to recognize those, | 如果没有刻意学会感知这种冲动 |
[15:00] | your subconscious will just be directed by them. | 也会下意识地受其驱策 |
[15:02] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[15:03] | Now you won’t have to go the bathroom when you want to cry, Tuk. | 现在你想哭的时候就不用奔厕所了 图克 |
[15:05] | Once! One time and… | 就一次 再没有… |
[15:07] | What was encouraged was more of a | 以前的投资激励更多地是一种 |
[15:09] | “Stick your emotions where your conscience is, | “把感性和良知放在一起 |
[15:11] | “And then tie ’em off like a gangrenous leg | 像感染坏疽的腿一样把它们捆扎结实 |
[15:14] | “Until they wither and die. | 看着他们坏烂 死亡 |
[15:16] | Then chop ’em off forever.” | 再一次性地彻底切掉” |
[15:18] | What effect do you think that had? | 你觉得这有什么影响 |
[15:19] | Greased the way to profit. | 让获利变得顺畅 |
[15:21] | Take the friction out. For guys like me and Bonnie. | 减少心理阻碍 对我和邦妮这样的管用 |
[15:24] | And led to some pretty close calls with the SEC, | 也好几次都差点要面对证券交易委员会 |
[15:26] | the U.S. Attorney’s Office, the… | 美国检察院 还有… |
[15:28] | Never convicted! We were… | 可从来没被定过罪 我们… |
[15:29] | I mean, Axe was, sort of, in absentia. | 我觉得阿克塞算吧 缺席审判 |
[15:31] | We’re going on a different kind of exploration here. | 咱们要采取一种不一样的行事风格 |
[15:34] | Because I believe it’ll lead you to be better, | 因为我觉得这能让你们更好地 |
[15:36] | not worse, at your jobs. | 完成工作 不会变得更糟 |
[15:40] | We used to work for a killer, | 以前的老大是个冷血杀手 |
[15:43] | now we’ve got a guy who wants to know how we “Feel.” | 现在的老大希望了解咱们的”感觉” |
[15:46] | Why is he asking for our guidance? | 他干嘛要我们指导思路 |
[15:48] | Why doesn’t he know what to do? | 为什么他不知道该怎么做 |
[15:49] | Point me at a hill, | 给我指出一个山头 |
[15:51] | tell me to take the hill. | 告诉我把它拿下 |
[15:53] | That’s what I want in a general. | 我就想要这个 |
[15:54] | I must admit, Axe’s ruthlessness was almost… | 必须承认 阿克塞的无情反倒让人… |
[15:58] | reassuring. | 心里踏实 |
[16:01] | This might not be salvageable. | 这里似乎无可救药 |
[16:03] | Maybe we just take the joint down to the rivets. | 我们是不是应该彻底分解重组 |
[16:05] | – Start over. – Nah. | – 推倒重来 – 不用 |
[16:07] | We can turn it around. | 肯定能改观的 |
[16:09] | Can’t we? | 做不到吗 |
[16:11] | Turn it around? | 彻底改观 |
[16:13] | Can you? | 你能做到吗 |
[16:15] | Well, if anyone can guide me there, it’s you. | 如果说有什么人能帮我做到 那就是你 |
[16:17] | You’re the magic sauce, aren’t you? | 你有神奇的提点 对吗 |
[16:21] | Special sauce. Magic touch. | 特别的提点 神奇的感知 |
[16:23] | I don’t get nervous. You make me nervous. | 本来不紧张 你让我开始紧张了 |
[16:25] | Like you can see through me. | 就好像你能看透我 |
[16:27] | That’s a good technique. But you’re not nervous. | 好话术 但你其实并不紧张 |
[16:30] | And you said “Magic sauce” On purpose | 而且故意说”神奇的提点” |
[16:31] | to give me the power in the conversation. | 让我以为自己在对话中占据主动 |
[16:35] | What do you want with me? | 你找我想干什么 |
[16:38] | I wanted to see if you were that good. You are. | 我想看看你是不是真的那么厉害 的确厉害 |
[16:40] | That’s very much up for debate right now. | 就现在来看 这一点相当值得商榷 |
[16:42] | Not with me. | 我不觉得 |
[16:44] | I look at my results, | 我看着自己的成绩单 |
[16:45] | and I don’t see a lot of checkmarks in the win column. | 胜利一栏里就没几个对勾 |
[16:47] | My guy lost this whole place. | 我的人把地盘都输光了 |
[16:50] | Guy hits 700 home runs, | 那厮打出七百次本垒打 |
[16:52] | but gets caught bringing a corked bat to plate, | 但因为用软木球棒 被人抓了个现行 |
[16:54] | you can’t blame yourself without also taking credit | 你不能放着那七百次本垒打的成绩不提 |
[16:56] | for the 700 dingers. | 一味地把责任揽到自己头上 |
[16:57] | The one matters more than the other. | 可这一项比其他的都关键 |
[17:00] | On that, we agree. You’ll find no pine tar, no cork, | 这点上我们同意 以后你看不到夹带作弊 |
[17:03] | no dented garbage cans, | 没有失落的替罪羊 |
[17:05] | no signs stolen here. | 没有欺世盗名 |
[17:06] | Okay, Mr. October. | 好啊 十月先生 |
[17:08] | But I’m not settling either, | 不过就我目前的业绩表现来说 |
[17:09] | for my current level of performance. | 还不能志得意满 |
[17:11] | And here’s one you probably didn’t guess. | 有件事我看你应该想不到 |
[17:13] | I’ve never been coached. | 我从没被辅导过 |
[17:15] | Not since I was an athlete, I mean. | 不是说体育专业方面 |
[17:18] | No therapy, no executive coaching, | 而是心理治疗 经理人培养 |
[17:20] | no shrink, no life guru. | 心理医生 人生导师 都没有 |
[17:23] | But with you… | 但和你一起… |
[17:24] | Nah, there is no “With me.” | 打住 没有”和我一起”这种事 |
[17:27] | If I can somehow still do what I used to, | 如果我还能干我原来的活 |
[17:30] | I can’t do it with someone unless I have, | 我首先要有 或者能建立客观连结 |
[17:32] | or can manufacture, objectivity. | 否则很难和人进行沟通 |
[17:35] | You weren’t objective with Axe. | 你和阿克塞之间并不客观 |
[17:37] | Yeah, not so hype about his name | 从你嘴里说出他的名字 |
[17:38] | coming out of your mouth. There’s no need for that. | 没什么嗨点 所以不需要说了 |
[17:41] | And how I felt about him has nothing to do with | 而且我对他的感觉和我对你的感觉 |
[17:44] | how I feel about you. I… | 完全没有关系 毕竟我… |
[17:46] | well, I didn’t resent or hate him. | 既不怨他 也不恨他 |
[17:48] | Hate? Ouch. Hate feels extreme. | 恨 这可是很强烈的感觉了 |
[17:50] | How else should your prisoners think of you? | 作为你的囚徒 还能怎么看你呢 |
[17:52] | You’re not a prisoner. | 你可不是囚徒 |
[17:53] | You signed an employment contract. | 你签的是雇佣合同 |
[17:55] | So did a certain musical genius you share a name with. | 某个和你同名的音乐天才也签过 |
[17:58] | Didn’t stop him from writing “Slave” On his face. | 可没阻止他在脸上写上”奴隶”二字 |
[18:00] | Technically, once he did that, | 严格来说 他这样做了之后 |
[18:02] | he was The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. | 就变成过气的知名艺术家普林斯了 |
[18:04] | And, look, I bargained for your services, | 话说回来 我聘用你 |
[18:06] | but I would never keep you here against your will. | 如果你不同意 我并不会强留 |
[18:07] | So I can leave and work at another fund? | 那我可以走人 到其他的基金公司任职 |
[18:10] | Oh, we’re not there yet. You leaving? | 我们还没到那一步 你要离开吗 |
[18:12] | We’re still getting to know each other. | 咱们才刚刚开始彼此了解 |
[18:18] | Investors are clamoring for a meeting. | 投资人迫切要会面 |
[18:19] | – Which ones? – All of ’em. | – 哪些人 – 所有人 |
[18:21] | I’m holding them at bay, but you’ve got to give them | 我暂时稳住他们 不过你在周内 |
[18:23] | the new manifesto by the end of the week | 务必要出一份新的声明 |
[18:25] | or they’re going to peel off. En masse. | 否则他们就要撤资 一点不剩 |
[18:28] | Should we sound him out about it? | 要不要探探他的口风 |
[18:30] | I just don’t see the point. | 没必要吧 |
[18:32] | So you’ve said, but the institutional knowledge… | 你虽然这么说 但对机构的了解… |
[18:34] | So you’ve said. But isn’t he someone who’s | 你虽然这么说 但他是不是 |
[18:37] | stuck around too long, like… | 在这待得太久了 就像… |
[18:38] | Hit me with a ref. | 你提一个比喻 |
[18:40] | Like Jan-Michael Vincent in Hangfire. | 就像《暴雨悍将》电影里的强森上校 |
[18:42] | I’ll have to trust you. | 我只能相信你了 |
[18:43] | Believe me, it wasn’t pretty. | 相信我 那场面很难堪 |
[18:45] | Even if I wanted to get rid of him, | 就算我想摆脱他 |
[18:47] | – the buyout makes it… – Popping a zit | – 股权回购的成本… – 挤爆一个痘 |
[18:48] | is painful for a moment. But then, you’re blemish-free. | 一时很痛苦 之后就是完美无瑕 |
[18:51] | Yeah. If it cost me 80 million bucks to pop a zit. | 是啊 代价是花八千万挤一个痘 |
[18:53] | You sound a little sorry we made the call. | 听上去你有点后悔当时的决定 |
[18:55] | – So we make him want to quit? – He has to. | – 所以我们得让他主动退出 – 他必须这样 |
[18:57] | Or has to get fired for cause for us to get out of the deal. | 或者必须找理由炒掉 才能免于回购交易 |
[19:00] | He’ll get the idea without us doing anything, | 我们什么都不用做 他会明白的 |
[19:02] | as soon as he sees he has no influence here anymore, | 一旦他发现自己大势已去 |
[19:05] | no portfolio, no life. | 他的工作和生活都会崩塌 |
[19:17] | Why do you want to give me this only to take it back | 为什么要给我这个 只是为了在今天 在这周 |
[19:19] | after you fire me at the end of the day | 或是你日历上某天 |
[19:21] | or week or whenever it is in your calendar for? | 炒掉我的时候把它收回去 |
[19:24] | There’s no date for that in the calendar right now. | 目前我的日历上并没有这样的一天 |
[19:26] | Your institutional knowledge… | 你对这个机构的了解… |
[19:28] | If you shitcan me before you hear everyone out, | 你是觉得 在听完所有意见之前就把我炒了 |
[19:29] | you think there’ll be a revolt. | 会有人造反 |
[19:31] | – We aren’t rushing anything. – Uh-huh. | – 我们可不着急 – 啊哈 |
[19:34] | When do we charge this puppy? | 啥时候给这小玩意儿充电 |
[19:35] | Self-charging. | 它自动充电 |
[19:37] | You wear it 24/7. | 你需要无时无刻戴着 |
[19:38] | To bed. When you work out. | 睡觉的时候戴 运动的时候戴 |
[19:53] | They put drones on our fingers, people, | 大伙们 他们在我们的手指上安了监视器 |
[19:56] | to watch our every move. | 想监视我们的一举一动 |
[19:57] | Grip ’em and rip ’em! | 还不赶紧把它们摘下来 |
[19:59] | It’s always the fucking nice guys. | 妈的 满口仁义道德的人总是最坏 |
[20:01] | Is there GPS on this thing too? | 这玩意儿里也装了GPS吗 |
[20:03] | I like the ring, but not how he did it. | 我喜欢这个戒指 但不喜欢他这种做法 |
[20:05] | Invasion of goddamned privacy is what it is. | 这他妈就是在侵犯隐私啊 |
[20:08] | Spying on us? | 想监视我们 |
[20:09] | We can’t have invaded your privacy. | 我们不可能侵犯你们的隐私 |
[20:10] | You invited us in. | 你们邀请我们的 |
[20:12] | Each of you gave permission when you launched the app | 你们每个人在下载应用的时候都点了同意 |
[20:13] | – and clicked agree. – Everyone always just clicks agree. | – 授予了权限 – 是个人都会点同意的好吗 |
[20:16] | – You tricked us! – Not everyone, Tuk. | – 你们骗了我们 – 不是每个人 图克 |
[20:18] | I put mine on my dog’s collar the night we got ’em. | 当晚我就把它挂在了我狗子的项圈上 |
[20:21] | I paid a marathoner friend of mine to wear it. | 我付钱让我一个跑马拉松的朋友戴着它 |
[20:23] | – Forty-four BPM, baby! – You should’ve told us. | – 每分钟心率才四十四 – 你该告诉我们的 |
[20:26] | Those tech geeks only care about themselves. | 那些技术天才们关心的只有自己 |
[20:30] | Not even. | 才不是呢 |
[20:31] | It’s each for his own from here on out. | 从现在起就各干各的吧 |
[20:37] | Shouldn’t you get in the middle of this? | 难道你不该来调解一下吗 |
[20:39] | It’s good for them to let it out. | 让他们发泄下挺好的 |
[20:51] | – Hello? – Come on in. | – 有人在吗 – 请进 |
[20:53] | Mr. Mayor, I’m… | 镇长先生 我是… |
[20:54] | I know who you are. | 我认得你 |
[20:56] | Word went around when you bought your land for your… | 在你为了公休 而买了块地的时候 |
[20:59] | sabbatical. | 消息就传开了 |
[21:01] | Not a sabbatical. | 不是公休 |
[21:02] | Just… still the AG. | 还是司法部长 |
[21:04] | Just working from the farm for a while. | 我只是想到农场办公一阵子 |
[21:06] | The air out here, you know? | 这里的空气 |
[21:08] | The clarity. | 很清明 |
[21:09] | What matters becomes clear. | 重要的事情更加清晰了 |
[21:12] | What are you working on there, a buck tail? | 你搁那儿剪啥呢 鹿尾巴吗 |
[21:14] | Moose May. | 小驼鹿 |
[21:15] | Blackfly season’s brutal around here. | 这儿的黑蝇季相当可怕 |
[21:17] | Least I can do is land some trout thanks to ’em. | 多亏了它们 我至少还能钓到些鲑鱼 |
[21:23] | Mr. Mayor, | 镇长先生 |
[21:25] | how is it a resident can fire off military-grade, | 一个居民 怎么能发射武器呢 |
[21:29] | albeit antique, weaponry? | 尽管是古董 却是军用级别的诶 |
[21:31] | Ah, you’re talking about Melville Revere, | 啊 你说的是梅尔维尔·里维尔吧 |
[21:34] | a prominent and beloved resident. | 本地的名人 受人爱戴 |
[21:37] | Well, having commemorative cannonry isn’t a violation | 持有纪念大炮并不违反 |
[21:40] | of the National Firearms Act. | 国家枪械法案 |
[21:42] | It is if it’s operational. | 能发射的大炮是违反规定的 |
[21:43] | Well, he also has a state firearms license. | 他有州枪支许可证 |
[21:46] | He’s a wealthy man with lots of lawyers | 他很富有 手头有一大把律师 |
[21:49] | and “Friends in high places,” As they say. | 在上头也有不少朋友 我听说 |
[21:51] | And he has a special waiver from the ATF to use them. | 而且他还有烟酒枪械管理署的特别豁免书 |
[21:57] | Imagine a private citizen with all that. | 想象一下一个普通公民能拥有这一切 |
[21:59] | Mr. Rhoades, you should know, | 罗兹先生 你该清楚 |
[22:01] | Stony Gorge is a quiet hamlet. | 石头谷是个宁静的小镇 |
[22:03] | It’d be a hell of a lot quieter without all that ordnance. | 如果没有那些大炮 会更加静谧 |
[22:07] | We mind our own business here. | 在这儿管好自己的一亩三分地就行 |
[22:10] | Town has learned to live with it. | 镇上的人都习惯与它共处了 |
[22:13] | I suggest you do too. | 我建议你也早点习惯吧 |
[22:46] | Allow me to stand a round of John Barleycorn | 请允许我为我的新朋友和新邻居们 |
[22:49] | for my new friends and neighbors. | 喝上一轮 |
[22:51] | – Hear, hear. – Thanks. | – 干杯 干杯 – 多谢啦 |
[22:52] | Hmm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[22:56] | Great. | 很好 |
[23:09] | Is it just me, | 是只有我一个人觉得 |
[23:10] | or does it feel like we’re living in a war zone | 咱们在清晨和黄昏的时候 |
[23:13] | around here at dawn and dusk? | 跟住在战区里一样吗 |
[23:21] | Ah. I guess he’s, uh, | 啊 我猜他是 呃 |
[23:22] | one of your own, | 你们自己人吧 |
[23:24] | so you hold him close. | 所以你们护着他 |
[23:26] | What he is, is a stuck-up prick. | 他就是一个狂妄自大的混蛋 |
[23:29] | Well, I know this: | 我只知道 |
[23:31] | If anyone else was firing field artillery, | 如果是其他人在发射野战炮 |
[23:33] | he’d be locked up. | 早就被关起来了 |
[23:35] | So how’s he getting a free pass? | 所以他是如何搞到那免死金牌的 |
[23:37] | Fire department needed a new ladder truck last year. | 去年消防局需要一辆新的云梯消防车 |
[23:40] | Guess who bought it? | 猜猜是谁赞助的 |
[23:41] | Police department needs new gear, he ponies up. | 警察局需要新装备 他立马掏了腰包 |
[23:44] | – Same with the Little League. – And with the Boy Scouts. | – 少年棒球联盟也是这样 – 还有童子军 |
[23:46] | No one will line up against him. | 没人会联合起来与他作对 |
[23:48] | It’s too dangerous. | 太危险了 |
[23:49] | – And could cost too much. – Hmm-hmm. | – 而且代价也很大 – 嗯哼 |
[23:52] | So he’s buying indulgences. | 所以他是在收买人们迁就他 |
[23:54] | Yeah, but he pays in cash. | 没错 但人家用的可是真金白银 |
[24:06] | I’d really love Chuck to have a look at my opening. | 我真的很想让查克来看看我的开业典礼 |
[24:09] | I’ll take a look at it. | 我会去看看的 |
[24:10] | My judge, he worked for Chuck. Can he… | 我认识的法官 他为查克效力 能不能让… |
[24:12] | I know him from Southern. I’ll touch base. | 我在南区认识他 我会联系他的 |
[24:14] | I’m handling all matters, Chuck. | 我来处理跟查克有关的一切事 |
[24:25] | Okay. Now I need to do some real listening. | 好了 现在我要正儿八经地倾听一下 |
[24:27] | To you. Bottom-line it. | 你的意见 咱们直截了当一点 |
[24:29] | Biggest issue. | 最大的问题是 |
[24:31] | You have investors who are wary. | 你手下的投资者都很谨慎 |
[24:32] | You’re a long-hold player in a high-vol game all of a sudden. | 你突然变成了高风险投资中的长期玩家 |
[24:35] | They’ll get more and more restless | 你在对冲基金的领域里找到立足点的时候 |
[24:36] | as you find your footing in this hedge fund landscape. | 他们会越来越不安的 |
[24:39] | In order to keep the investors, | 所以为了留住这些投资者 |
[24:40] | we need to win the employees. | 咱们要赢得员工们的支持 |
[24:41] | Right. Which, I think, is in motion | 没错 我认为 只要我们知道 |
[24:43] | to the extent that we know how to reach them. | 该如何接近他们 就有戏了 |
[24:45] | But neither of us yet have rhythm with this bunch. | 但咱俩都跟这帮人不合拍 |
[24:47] | Not our kind of folks, on the face of it. | 表面上看 跟我们不是同类人 |
[24:48] | – But in this game… – They are the best. | – 但在这场游戏中… – 他们是最佳人选 |
[24:50] | Which is what the investors count on. | 这正是投资者们所期望的 |
[24:53] | But the way they’ve always done it | 但他们一贯的做法 |
[24:54] | puts us at risk going forward. | 在未来会把我们置于险境 |
[24:55] | As discussed, we won’t allow that stuff to happen. | 之前就说过 我们不会允许这种事发生的 |
[24:58] | Correct. | 对头 |
[25:00] | And I’ve tasked the back office with yanking out | 我已经跟后勤办公室交代过 |
[25:01] | the odd remaining bad tooth to turn over to the SEC | 把遗患都揪出来 移交给证券交易委员会 |
[25:03] | so the new company can start fresh | 这样咱们的新公司就能带着人们的信任 |
[25:06] | and with trust. | 重新开始了 |
[25:07] | Because the place as-is, | 这儿要是不改弦易辙一下 |
[25:08] | the Commission’s not gonna like it. | 是不会受证交会待见的 |
[25:13] | Speaking of bad teeth. | 说到遗患 |
[25:18] | We need a full compliance report. | 我们需要一份完整的合规报告 |
[25:22] | Can do. | 没问题 |
[25:24] | But once I hand it over, | 可我一旦把它交出来 |
[25:27] | you’re in it, responsible. | 你就要开始承担责任了 |
[25:30] | That’s how it has to be. | 必须的 |
[25:32] | What’s this? | 这是啥 |
[25:33] | This is a little filing system that I’ve just implemented | 这是我刚采用的归档系统 |
[25:36] | to separate out our trades | 根据每笔单子 |
[25:38] | based on how far over the line of securities law | 逾越证券法界限的程度 |
[25:41] | each transaction was. | 来划分我们的交易 |
[25:43] | You know we need a little red meat | 你知道我们需要割点鲜肉 |
[25:45] | to throw the SEC, | 给证交会看 |
[25:46] | something so they know we’re committed | 好让他们知道 |
[25:47] | to being a clean operation. | 我们在努力保证经营干净透明 |
[25:51] | Then this is your meat locker. | 那这就是你的肉柜 |
[25:59] | All that… | 这全部… |
[26:01] | is dirty? | 都不干净吗 |
[26:20] | Got those books you asked for. | 拿到了你要的书 |
[26:22] | Also a bunch of stuff from the office for you to look over. | 还有一堆办公室的东西要给你看 |
[26:25] | You handle it. Better for your development that way. | 你来处理 这对你的发展更有帮助 |
[26:28] | Uh-huh. | 啊哈 |
[26:29] | – I think I’m developed. – Hmm. | – 我觉得我发展得挺好的 – 嗯 |
[26:30] | The line troops would love to hear from you. | 大家都想听到你的消息 |
[26:33] | – Whenever your sabbatical… – Nope, not a sabbatical. | – 等你公休结束… – 才不是公休 |
[26:36] | This clean air gets a person thinking. | 这儿的空气很清新 有助于思考 |
[26:38] | – That’s what I’m doing. – Okay. | – 这就是我的近况 – 好吧 |
[26:41] | I will handle the work stuff while you think. | 你思考的时候由我来处理工作上的事情 |
[26:43] | – How long do you imagine… – Until | – 你想思考多长时间 – 直到 |
[26:45] | I figure out how to actually get something done | 想清楚该如何在办公室里 |
[26:47] | from that chair behind my desk. | 真正解决些问题 |
[26:50] | You’ve known me a long time, | 你也不是第一天认识我了 |
[26:52] | and you know I don’t shy from battle. | 你该知道我从不畏惧对抗 |
[26:53] | But pointless battle? | 而毫无意义的对抗 |
[26:55] | It’s not my jam. | 不是我的风格 |
[26:57] | Neither is losing, being thwarted, | 失败 受挫 |
[26:59] | or spitting into the wind. | 徒劳无功也不是 |
[27:00] | So, I’ll be back | 所以 当我看到胜利的曙光的时候 |
[27:02] | when I see a road to victory. And likely not sooner. | 我就会杀回来 可能要些时候 |
[27:08] | – I’ll get to it. – No. Later. | – 那我去忙了 – 不 先等等 |
[27:10] | First you can stay and have some hunter’s stew. | 你可以先留下来吃点波兰酸菜炖肉 |
[27:12] | Nah, not in my diet. | 不了 不是我的菜 |
[27:14] | Have a seat, Ms. Sacker. | 坐吧 塞克小姐 |
[27:16] | You can pick around the meat… | 这些肉任你挑选 |
[27:19] | and I could use the company. | 而且我现在正好缺个伴儿 |
[28:02] | Email just hit from Melville Revere. | 梅尔维尔·里维尔刚发来邮件 |
[28:05] | I know the name. | 我知道这个人 |
[28:06] | Investor we inherited from Axe Cap. | 我们从阿克塞资本接手的投资者 |
[28:08] | Oh. | 噢 |
[28:09] | Mr. Revere’s cannonballs and gunpowder got wet? | 里维尔先生的炮弹和火药受潮了吗 |
[28:13] | The shed where he stores his ammo was flooded | 他存放弹药的棚子 |
[28:15] | by a stream he shares with a neighbor, | 被他和邻居共享的小溪淹了 |
[28:17] | so he couldn’t fire off his morning blast. | 所以他没法在早上放炮了 |
[28:19] | Not a phrase I use often, but… white people problems. | 虽然我不常这么说 但… 白人就是事多 |
[28:22] | Truly. And why does he think our little depository | 确实 不过他为什么觉得我们这座小庙 |
[28:24] | can help with this particular problem? | 能帮他解决这种问题 |
[28:26] | His neighbor is Chuck Rhoades. | 因为他的邻居是查克·罗兹 |
[28:27] | Revere thinks Rhoades flooded him. | 里维尔觉得是罗兹放的水 |
[28:29] | And he knows Wendy works here. | 而且他知道温迪在这儿工作 |
[28:31] | He thought the ex-wife would step in? | 他觉得一个前妻能插手这件事 |
[28:33] | Talk sense into Chuck? | 跟查克讲大道理吗 |
[28:35] | He thought that since we manage his money, | 他觉得既然我们在替他打理资产 |
[28:37] | there might be incentive in that direction, yes. | 或许可以在这件事上努努力 |
[28:38] | Did Wendy feel so incentivized? | 那温迪有动力吗 |
[28:40] | You know how in, like, old Andy Capp cartoons | 你知道安迪·开普的连环画里的角色 |
[28:42] | when the character curses? | 骂人的时候是什么样子吗 |
[28:43] | She let out a stream of pound signs and asterisks? | 她输出了一段不能播的# *号吗 |
[28:46] | And alphasigns. | 还有阿尔法符号 |
[28:47] | What we now call the “At” Sign. | 也就是我们现在说的”@” |
[28:48] | The verbal equivalent. | 替代骂人词汇 |
[28:50] | – Nice. – Here’s the not-nice. | – 精彩 – 问题来了 |
[28:52] | We have to help Revere deal with Chuck Rhoades. | 我们得帮里维尔对付查克·罗兹 |
[28:54] | – You do. – I’d rather not. | – 你要帮 – 我不太想 |
[28:56] | No, of course not. | 你当然不会想 |
[28:57] | But we need the story going around that | 但我们需要让大家都知道 |
[28:58] | we are satisfying our investors. | 我们会尽力让投资人满意 |
[29:01] | Going the extra mile or two. | 甚至超出职责范围 |
[29:02] | Now is the opportunity for us | 现在对我们来说 |
[29:03] | to get positive word of mouth flowing. | 是个正面宣传的好机会 |
[29:05] | I’d do it, but… | 我可以来做 |
[29:06] | you’ll do it better. | 不过由你来会更好 |
[29:09] | Alphasand. | 阿尔法符号 |
[29:24] | Look at you, out here in the fenland and fields. | 瞧瞧你 隐居在这沼泽田间 |
[29:32] | So, you’ve become a modern day Cincinnatus, | 你现在变成当代辛辛纳图斯了 |
[29:34] | leaving matters of the state for the plow. | 撇下国家事务 归隐田间 |
[29:38] | I merely needed a break. | 我只是需要休息一下 |
[29:40] | A recharge. | 充个电 |
[29:42] | I imagine you feel there’s unfinished business with me. | 我猜你会觉得我还欠你东西 |
[29:47] | But I’m unlike the man who came before me. | 但我和我的前任不同 |
[29:49] | I will never give you a legal opening | 我绝不会在法律上给你开口子 |
[29:50] | because I do not break the law. | 因为我不犯法 |
[29:53] | Billionaires break the laws of decency, | 亿万富翁在能遵守条文的同时 |
[29:55] | even while obeying the letter. | 体面地去犯法 |
[29:58] | By definition, having that much is criminal. | 从定义上讲 拥有那么多钱就是犯罪 |
[30:03] | A point much open to debate. | 这观点还有很大争议 |
[30:06] | But I can be your ally. | 但我可以成为你的同盟 |
[30:10] | I know I owe you a debt. I’m aware of that. | 我知道我欠你的 我很清楚 |
[30:12] | But you should be aware that I am good, | 不过你要清楚的是 在以牙还牙方面 |
[30:14] | very good, at settling scores. | 我很厉害 非常厉害 |
[30:18] | And what have you come to ask, | 那又是什么促使你过来 |
[30:19] | in order to deepen that debt? | 要在旧账上再添一笔呢 |
[30:23] | Melville Revere. | 梅尔维尔·里维尔 |
[30:27] | Disagreeable sort. | 讨厌的家伙 |
[30:29] | Entitled in a way I’ve long tolerated, | 自以为是的要命 我忍了很久 |
[30:32] | but no longer can. | 但再也忍不下去了 |
[30:33] | All the same, I’d appreciate it | 深有同感 但我希望 |
[30:35] | if you left him alone, spared him further harassment. | 你能放过他 别再骚扰他了 |
[30:37] | He’s a Michael Prince Capital investor, | 他是迈克尔·普林斯资本的投资人 |
[30:38] | and as such, I’d hate to see him in court | 正因如此 我不想看他上法庭 |
[30:40] | on the other end of one of your actions. | 成为你某桩诉讼的被告 |
[30:42] | Wouldn’t look good for you or me. | 那对你我都不是好事 |
[30:44] | Why not good for me, Michael? | 对我怎么不是好事了 迈克尔 |
[30:46] | I mean, you’d be coming after a place that manages | 你就将与管理你父亲财富的公司 |
[30:48] | your father’s money. | 针锋相对了 |
[30:50] | Good chunk of it, anyway. | 那可是好大的一笔 |
[30:51] | He left it in after Axelrod took off. | 他在阿克塞尔罗德离开后存进来的 |
[30:57] | But, sure, worse for me. | 不过当然 对我更糟 |
[31:00] | Because when it comes to Michael Prince Capital, | 因为一旦事关迈克尔·普林斯资本 |
[31:03] | I need it to be… | 一切都需要… |
[31:05] | I need to be | 我需要 |
[31:07] | reputationally pristine. | 确保声誉无瑕 |
[31:21] | I find myself unwilling to help you. | 我没有意愿要帮你 |
[31:26] | And when it comes to your client, Revere… | 而至于你的客户里维尔 |
[31:30] | you hold his money, | 你要打理他的钱 |
[31:31] | you hold the whole bag. | 你就要打理他的烂摊子 |
[31:36] | It’s not Cincinnatus you’re fashioning yourself after, | 你并不想成为辛辛纳图斯 |
[31:39] | I get that now. | 我现在明白了 |
[31:40] | It’s more Manius Curius Dentatus. | 你更想做马尼乌斯·库里乌斯·登塔图斯 |
[31:42] | “I see no glory in having money myself, | “自己拥有金钱无法让我感到荣耀 |
[31:45] | but in commanding those that do.” | 而掌管拥有它的人则可以” |
[31:51] | I’m less interested in speaking Latin | 比起说拉丁语 |
[31:54] | than in speaking the truth. | 我对事实更有兴趣 |
[31:58] | Safe travels. | 开车小心 |
[32:05] | You outta breath? | 你怎么呼吸急促 |
[32:07] | Walking and talking. | 我在一边走一边说 |
[32:09] | Walking… | 一边走 |
[32:11] | and talking. | 一边说 |
[32:14] | Rolling calls. | 转接中 |
[32:16] | What do you want, Sonny? | 什么事 儿子 |
[32:18] | Who are you talking to? | 你在和谁说话 |
[32:19] | You, Sonny. | 你啊 儿子 |
[32:20] | Why, I’m talking to you. | 我在和你说话啊 |
[32:22] | Well, that’s right. | 那就对了 |
[32:24] | Only you’re listening. | 只不过你要听着 |
[32:25] | And what you need to hear is | 我要跟你说的是 |
[32:27] | take your money out of Michael Prince Capital. | 把你的钱从迈克尔·普林斯资本拿出来 |
[32:29] | Oh, that fella is sharp. | 那个家伙很厉害 |
[32:31] | Of mind and body. | 手和脑都是 |
[32:33] | And I’m riding along | 我就跟着他 |
[32:34] | expecting some sweet returns. | 希望得到一些不错的甜头 |
[32:38] | But thanks for checking in. | 不过谢谢你的关心 |
[32:48] | It really is ideal habitat. | 这里真是理想的栖息地 |
[32:51] | But I don’t see any evidence of actual habitation. | 但我没看到有任何栖息的痕迹 |
[32:53] | Mm-hmm. Ah, ah. Look. Look it. | 嗯 啊 看这 |
[32:57] | Now look. | 看 |
[32:59] | Those are shell fragments from his cannonballs. | 这些是他炮弹的弹片 |
[33:02] | Could this have something to do with it? | 会和这个有关吗 |
[33:05] | It could, but who knows? | 可能吧 谁知道呢 |
[33:07] | There just aren’t any bog turtles in this area… | 这块区域根本没有牟氏水龟 |
[33:13] | Hey, hold it right there, all right? | 嘿 站住别动 |
[33:17] | – This is private property. – For sure. | – 这里是私人领地 – 明白 |
[33:19] | I’m the neighbor. My property’s right over there. | 我住隔壁 我的房子就在那里 |
[33:20] | Sir, I’m well familiar with the property line, | 先生 我非常清楚领地的划分 |
[33:22] | and you’re over it. | 你们过线了 |
[33:24] | Kindly return to your own land, | 请回到你自己的领地上 |
[33:25] | or the authorities will be called, | 否则我会叫政府部门过来 |
[33:26] | and Mr. Revere will press charges. | 而里维尔先生也会起诉你 |
[33:29] | Copy. Roger that. | 收到 明白 |
[33:30] | Gotcha. Sure thing. | 知道了 没问题 |
[33:32] | Will do and a pleasure talking to you. | 我会离开的 很高兴和你聊天 |
[33:40] | So tell me about the projects near and dear to your heart | 跟我讲讲你有什么心仪的项目 |
[33:43] | that could use a little funding thrown behind them. | 需要找人资助点钱的吗 |
[33:51] | Just back from what I call, | 刚从我所谓的”长官会” |
[33:54] | “El Commish,” The SEC, | 也就是证监会回来 |
[33:57] | and thanks to my magie… | 而多亏我的魅力 |
[33:58] | Glad you sent me with him. | 幸好你让我和他一起去 |
[34:00] | It wasn’t that easy. | 并非想象中那么容易 |
[34:01] | They slapped us with a six-month probationary period | 他们判了我们六个月的查看期 |
[34:03] | due to red-flagged ongoing business from before, | 因为我们之前遗留的进行中的红线交易 |
[34:06] | especially with ongoing investors still aboard. | 特别是在投资人仍在海外的情况下 |
[34:08] | They want to send a message. | 他们想杀鸡儆猴 |
[34:10] | But like I was saying, | 不过 就像我说的 |
[34:11] | thanks to my magie, there were no fines | 多亏我的魅力 我们不用罚款 |
[34:14] | or sanctions, merely a brief interlude… | 也没有制裁 只是暂停片刻 |
[34:17] | Unacceptable. | 不可接受 |
[34:18] | If we want the Street, the financial press, | 如果我们要华尔街 财经媒体 |
[34:20] | and the investors to stay with us, | 以及投资人继续看好我们 |
[34:22] | we need to be clean. Beyond reproach. | 我们必须清白 没有污点 |
[34:24] | Hey, one thing I’ve learned: | 我知道一点就是 |
[34:25] | no one, especially investors, | 没有人 特别是投资人 |
[34:27] | gives crap number one about any of this. | 会有一丁点的在乎 |
[34:29] | They just want to know their returns are Street-leading. | 他们只关心能否获得领先业界的回报 |
[34:31] | They might say they care about ethics, | 他们嘴上会说在乎职业道德 |
[34:33] | but as long as the SEC lets us keep the lights on | 但只要证监会不让我们关门 |
[34:35] | and we keep the numbers up, | 且我们的业绩持续上升 |
[34:36] | in terms that you would understand, | 用你听得懂的来打比方 |
[34:38] | it’s like Tarkanian in Vegas. | 这就像塔卡尼扬在拉斯维加斯 |
[34:42] | Did you tell him to use that line? | 这个比方是你教他的 |
[34:43] | No. He must be doing some reading on the outside. | 没有 他一定是自己做了些功课 |
[34:46] | But his point still stands. | 但他的观点还是成立 |
[34:48] | Investors just want wins. | 投资人只在乎赢钱 |
[34:54] | If you won’t do the full-fat, full-protein version, | 如果你不想做整套的话 |
[34:57] | gimme at least some leaned-down coaching on a specific. | 至少在某方面给我些精炼的提点 |
[35:00] | Business. Not personal. | 生意上 不是私人方面 |
[35:02] | I am getting paid. | 我收了钱 |
[35:04] | And that is the job for which. | 来做这工作 |
[35:05] | So… yeah. | 所以 可以 |
[35:08] | I need to get to the right decision and approach. | 我需要作正确的决定 用正确的方式 |
[35:10] | Here’s the fact pattern. | 事实是这样的 |
[35:11] | Michael Prince Capital is not off to a banner start. | 迈克尔·普林斯资本没有在正轨上 |
[35:14] | Morale ain’t great here at the moment. | 现阶段士气也不理想 |
[35:16] | And the culture… | 至于企业文化 |
[35:17] | the legacy culture is even worse. | 遗留下来的文化更糟糕 |
[35:19] | Now codified by a regulatory black eye. | 而现在还被监管部门盯上了 |
[35:23] | And the clients. | 还有客户 |
[35:25] | How do I keep ’em rolling with me | 我如何能让他们一直追随我 |
[35:26] | when I can’t even spin to the group of people | 而我都无法让每天来这上班的 |
[35:28] | showing up here each day? | 这群人信服我 |
[35:30] | What if you tack with the prevailing winds? | 如果你试试随大流呢 |
[35:32] | And don’t try to stay big or get bigger. | 而且也别老想着维持或做大做强 |
[35:35] | At first. | 至少一开始 |
[35:37] | Shrink capital under management? Is that what you’re… | 你的意思是 减少管理的投资吗 |
[35:39] | You have a move that bold in your arsenal? | 你有胆子能做得到吗 |
[35:41] | I don’t know. It’s not the house number in this racket. | 不知道 这不是我习惯的 |
[35:43] | Sure isn’t. | 当然不是 |
[35:45] | But what if we weren’t attached to the way | 但如果你能不纠结于 |
[35:47] | it’s always been done? | 一直以来的做事方式呢 |
[35:48] | Or to the results. | 或是结果 |
[35:50] | Or to the feeling we get from | 或是统领全局的 |
[35:53] | having the most. | 那种感受 |
[35:54] | What if we detach from all that? | 如果我们不纠结于所有这些 |
[35:56] | And instead think about… | 而是去思考 |
[35:58] | the process, the holistic form of the place. | 过程 思考公司的整体形态 |
[36:07] | What would be the final goal of something like that? | 这种情况的最终目标是什么 |
[36:20] | When things reach their ideal Platonic form, | 当事物达到理想的柏拉图式的形态时 |
[36:23] | they tend to function well. | 它们就会运转流畅 |
[36:25] | And the endpoint reveals itself. | 最终目标就会自然显现 |
[36:29] | If you don’t like the legacy, | 如果你不喜欢遗留下来的东西 |
[36:30] | change out everything from that legacy. | 就把里面的一切都改变 |
[36:33] | I’m still just trying to figure out | 我还在琢磨 |
[36:34] | the right investment approach given the parameters | 在当今世界状况下的 |
[36:37] | of the world right now. | 正确的投资方式 |
[36:38] | And our need to color inside the lines. | 我们还需要照章办事 |
[36:40] | Maybe for the first time in the history of this place. | 可能是这地方有史以来的第一次 |
[36:44] | If you have investment problems, | 如果你有投资方面的问题 |
[36:46] | talk to your best investment professional. | 去和你最好的投资专家谈 |
[36:48] | I believe I tried. Believe they didn’t seem | 我试过了 他们貌似 |
[36:49] | interested in talking to me. | 没兴趣和我聊 |
[36:51] | What if it were their beliefs you needed to change? | 如果他们是认为你需要改变呢 |
[36:53] | About who you are, about the lengths you’re willing to go. | 关于你是谁 关于你的决心 |
[36:56] | And what if you were able to show them | 或许你应该让他们看到 |
[36:58] | what happens when someone doesn’t do it your way? | 有人不按你的方法行事会有什么后果 |
[37:05] | That’s advanced. | 这很高深 |
[37:14] | I finally figured out how you can be of utility to me. | 我终于想明白了你能怎么为我所用 |
[37:17] | Ah, my life’s dream, fulfilled. | 啊 我梦想成真了 |
[37:19] | You are sassier than Claudia Conway on Mother’s Day. | 你比母亲节的克劳迪娅·康威更厚脸皮 |
[37:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:24] | We haven’t done the dance yet. | 我们还没寒暄过呢 |
[37:26] | I guess this is us about to do it. | 我猜现在是时候了 |
[37:29] | I’m your object lesson to them, huh? | 你要用我来树立威信 是吗 |
[37:31] | Shitcan my ass, they get scared and get ‘er done for you. | 让我滚蛋 他们怕了就听命于你了 |
[37:35] | This was never gonna work. | 我们合作不下去的 |
[37:37] | But I’m not going to pay you in full. | 不过我不会付你全额的遣散费 |
[37:39] | Axe may have set a booby trap with your deal… | 阿克塞尔罗德在你合同里埋了个陷阱 |
[37:42] | Oh, he did. | 他是埋了 |
[37:43] | He rigged a real Bouncing Betty. | 他埋了个十足的弹跳贝蒂 |
[37:44] | $80 million dollars after the sale upon my firing. | 炒我的当天就得付八千万美金 |
[37:47] | So if you are here with a pink slip, I accept. | 所以如果你带了辞退信 我马上签 |
[37:49] | But nothing if you quit or get fired for cause. | 但自己辞职 或因违纪开除 就一分没有 |
[37:52] | Which is why I’m clocking in and out | 所以我准点上下班 |
[37:53] | like I’m on the factory floor at GM. | 就像通用汽车工厂的工人一样 |
[37:55] | And I would even pass a piss test right now. | 甚至我现在尿检也不会查出问题 |
[37:57] | Sure, I get it, you’re not gonna give us cause. | 明白了 你不会给我们把柄的 |
[37:58] | But, by the same token, I’m not going to do you | 但 出于同样的原因 我也不会 |
[38:00] | the favor of firing you to the tune of 80 million bucks. | 因为解雇你再给你八千万 |
[38:03] | Why not? You can afford it. | 为什么不 你付得起 |
[38:05] | But not how I do business. So. | 这不是我的风格 |
[38:07] | Let’s haggle. | 所以 我们讨价还价吧 |
[38:08] | Eighty cents on the dollar. I walk for 64. | 八成 我要六千四 |
[38:10] | Ten cents on the dollar. | 一成 |
[38:13] | Eight million? | 八百万 |
[38:14] | I wipe my ass with eight million. | 八百万能用来干什么 擦屁股吗 |
[38:16] | Nine if I’ve had an açai bowl. | 吃巴西莓果后都得擦个九百万的 |
[38:18] | – Seventy. – Twenty. | – 七成 – 两成 |
[38:20] | You’re only succeeding at strengthening my resolve. | 你这样只会激发我的决心 |
[38:23] | I see that. | 我想也是 |
[38:26] | Look, I give you forty million. | 行 我给你四千万 |
[38:27] | We’re free, but it sucks a little for both of us. | 我们两清 但我们俩心里都有点不舒服 |
[38:32] | The definition of a real compromise. | 典型的妥协 |
[38:34] | So, agreed? | 同意吗 |
[38:44] | this isn’t really about the money. | 这不是钱的问题 |
[38:47] | You need this job. | 你需要这份工作 |
[38:49] | The place to go, | 有个地方 |
[38:51] | the sense of purpose. | 获取目标 |
[38:52] | Maybe it’s the ticker scare, | 可能是因为心脏病 |
[38:54] | but I’m thinking money isn’t the main thing. | 但我觉得钱不是最重要的 |
[38:57] | Or maybe it’s that I’m greedier than I thought, | 也可能是我比自己想象的还要贪婪 |
[38:59] | and want all of it. But I | 想要一切 但我想 |
[39:03] | don’t think I’m gonna settle. | 我不会和解 |
[39:06] | Nope. | 不 |
[39:07] | I’m gonna hold out for the full pop. | 我打算等全款 |
[39:08] | And, yes, you could put me out to pasture and pay me, | 你可以辞退我 给我钱 |
[39:11] | but here’s what you don’t know… | 但你不知道的是 |
[39:14] | Get Scooter in here. | 叫斯科特进来 |
[39:27] | Tell me what you’ve learned about the team. | 说说你对这个团队了解多少 |
[39:29] | Victor Mateo comes off streetwise but went to Yale. | 维克多·马特奥看着像混混 但上的是耶鲁 |
[39:33] | Low double-digit returns average over his career. | 在他的职业生涯中 平均回报率只有两位数 |
[39:36] | Ben Kim, Stanford grad. | 本·金毕业于斯坦福 |
[39:38] | Solid fundamental approach. | 有扎实的基本投资方法 |
[39:39] | Risk averse, but improving. | 规避风险 但在不断进步 |
[39:40] | Tuk Lal, close immigrant family, overachiever. | 图克·拉尔 移民家庭 成绩优异 |
[39:44] | Bonnie Barella, | 邦妮·巴雷利亚 |
[39:45] | a bit uncommitted, has gone firm to firm… | 不太坚定 跳槽过很多次 |
[39:47] | You done? | 你说完了 |
[39:48] | Because you could get that weak shit from LinkedIn. | 这些从领英网上都能搜到 |
[39:52] | The things you don’t know are, | 你不知道的是 |
[39:54] | Victor acts like he’s a capo in the 6th Mob family | 维克多看上去像第六大黑帮的老大 |
[39:57] | but translates French literature in his spare time | 但空余时间会翻译法国文学 |
[39:59] | and he has taken a personal vow | 他还发过誓 |
[40:01] | never to have a down year for his clients | 永远不会让客户失望 |
[40:02] | because that’s how he proves to his dead father | 因为他要向他去世的父亲证明 |
[40:05] | he’s the better man. | 他越来越好 |
[40:07] | Ben Kim got a perfect score on his SATs, | 本·金在高考中表现优异 |
[40:08] | but he feels like he’s the dumb one in his family. | 但他觉得自己是家里最笨的 |
[40:11] | His mother’s alive, but she already haunts him. | 他的母亲还活着 但已经让他十分困扰 |
[40:14] | That nice guy thing is cloaking a giant ambition | 好人的外表下隐藏着巨大的野心 |
[40:17] | that needs to be unleashed. | 需要被释放 |
[40:20] | Tuk Lal. He tried to date | 图克·拉尔曾想要和高中里 |
[40:21] | the prettiest girl in his high school, | 最漂亮的姑娘约会 |
[40:23] | but she fucking crushed him. | 但她击垮了他 |
[40:24] | Told him he was a loser. | 她说他是个失败者 |
[40:25] | He’s desperately afraid she’s right, | 他害怕她一语成谶 |
[40:27] | and won’t stop until he’s rich as Gatsby | 所以努力让自己和盖茨比一样富有 |
[40:29] | to prove her wrong. | 证明她说错了 |
[40:30] | And Bonnie, she is tribal. | 还有邦妮 很有小团体概念 |
[40:32] | She hates outsiders | 她讨厌外来者 |
[40:33] | and considers basically everyone an outsider. | 且视几乎所有人为外来者 |
[40:36] | But once you’re in, | 但一旦你被她接纳 |
[40:37] | you’ll see that under that pistachio shell exterior, | 你会发现在她坚硬的外表下 |
[40:40] | she’s got a giant heart, | 她有个强大的内心 |
[40:41] | and she’ll protect you like a mama badger. | 她会像老母亲一样保护你 |
[40:43] | Oh, and she’s terrified of ending up alone, | 还有 她很害怕孤独终老 |
[40:45] | which can be marshaled into making her into an earner | 可以借此发展她成为 |
[40:48] | of the first fucking order. | 第一梯队的盈利高手 |
[40:51] | Damn | 该死 |
[40:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:54] | Okay. We get the point. | 好 我们明白你的意思了 |
[40:56] | You know what moves the squad, | 你知道是什么能调动整个团队 |
[40:57] | what makes them rattle and hum. | 知道如何激励他们 |
[40:59] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[41:00] | And also… Yes. | 而且 是的 |
[41:07] | I need this place. | 我需要这个工作 |
[41:09] | Like Gere needed OCS in Gent. | 就像基尔在《军官与绅士》中需要去候补军官学校 |
[41:12] | But you fuckers need me too. | 但你们也需要我 |
[41:15] | Maybe. | 可能 |
[41:16] | But trust is the problem. | 但我们缺乏信任 |
[41:18] | Oh, over time, | 只要有时间 |
[41:21] | I’m sure you’ll earn my trust. | 我相信你会赢得我的信任 |
[41:26] | They keep saying that. | 他们一直这么说 |
[41:33] | You said you wanted to see us. | 你说你想见我们 |
[41:35] | Yes, my old friends… | 是的 我的老朋友们 |
[41:38] | Listen, you motherfuckers, | 听着 你们这群混蛋 |
[41:40] | it’s being said I’ve outlived my utility, | 有人说我已经没用了 |
[41:44] | that I’m a right-hand man | 我只是一只右手 |
[41:45] | in search of a man to be that hand to. | 找一个可以安放的手腕 |
[41:47] | But I am not done. | 但我不只如此 |
[41:49] | I’ve still got some fight left, | 我的战斗还没有结束 |
[41:50] | some money to make, and a next act to play. | 还要挣钱 还要发起进攻 |
[41:53] | Maybe you’re all still upset | 可能你们对事情的变化 |
[41:54] | that things aren’t like they were. | 还很心烦 |
[41:56] | Bwah-fucking-hah. Get over it. | 打起精神 |
[41:58] | We’ve got a new general. And while I too have been burned | 我们换了新将军 尽管我也被这混乱中 |
[42:00] | by the rug pull and the spying, | 被波及 被监视 |
[42:02] | well, that worked out for me, I guess. | 但我差不多搞定了 |
[42:05] | You’d better get in fucking step | 你们最好赶紧加入 |
[42:07] | and start acting like the mercenary army | 就像一帮专业赚钱的 |
[42:08] | of professional moneymakers that you are | 雇佣兵一样 |
[42:11] | and get set to kill for him, | 准备好奋勇杀敌 |
[42:12] | or else this place is going to turn into | 不然这地方就会沦为 |
[42:15] | Parris Fucking Island. | 帕里斯岛了 |
[42:16] | – What’s that… – Look it up! | – 那是什么 – 自己去查 |
[42:23] | Just having a team-building exercise. | 我们在进行团队建设 |
[42:25] | Ready to start rowing in the same fucking direction, sir. | 准备向同一个方向进攻 先生 |
[42:29] | Excited about it! | 我好兴奋 |
[42:31] | We’re gonna need everyone downstairs. | 大家下楼集合 |
[42:36] | I thought Sam Kinison died. | 我以为山姆·金尼森死了 |
[42:38] | Wags 2.0 requires the next update. | 瓦格斯2.0需要再更新一下了 |
[42:44] | ‘Bout fucking time someone showed | 是时候有人站起来 |
[42:46] | some clankers around here. | 说句话了 |
[42:48] | I’d like to welcome all of you, | 欢迎大家 |
[42:50] | our investors who have placed such trust in our firm | 我们的投资者多年来 |
[42:52] | over the years. | 对我们公司给予信任 |
[42:53] | Even before it was this specific firm. | 甚至在现在这家公司成立之前 |
[42:56] | One of the things I brought to our organization | 我给我们的团队带来的一样东西 |
[42:58] | is a moral barometer. | 就是道德律令 |
[43:01] | I understand that these employees | 我知道这些员工 |
[43:03] | give many of you comfort. | 让你们很放心 |
[43:04] | They’ve managed your money well. | 他们把你们的钱管理得很好 |
[43:06] | They’ve grown it. | 他们从中得到成长 |
[43:07] | They’ve protected you against downside exposure. | 保护你们免受利益损失 |
[43:10] | But things must develop | 但一切都需要发展 |
[43:13] | and evolve and change, | 演化甚至改变 |
[43:15] | and I can no longer allow this place to be | 我不能容忍这个地方继续成为 |
[43:18] | peopled with compromised individuals. | 人们妥协的场所 |
[43:24] | Do I fire them all? | 我会他们全都解雇吗 |
[43:27] | Start clean? | 重新开始吗 |
[43:28] | Even as I have made a promise to lift them up | 即使我承诺过要帮他们一把 |
[43:31] | and train them in my way of doing things? | 用我的行事方式训练他们 |
[43:34] | Or is there another way to rebuild, retool? | 还是说有另一种方式去重建 重塑 |
[43:37] | Another attachment to cast off? | 摒弃传统 |
[43:40] | I would love if there were a different way | 我希望有其他的方法 |
[43:42] | instead of firing us. | 不需要解雇我们 |
[43:43] | Why don’t you shut the hell up. | 你还是把嘴闭上吧 |
[43:44] | – No. – None of that, Victor. | – 不 – 不是那样 维克多 |
[43:46] | Enough firepower is pointed in his direction. | 朝他开的火已经够多的了 |
[43:50] | In all of your direction. | 对你们都一样 |
[43:52] | And if I fired all of you, | 如果我把你们都开除 |
[43:54] | but kept the incentive structure the same, | 但奖励机制还是不变 |
[43:56] | the next batch of analysts and portfolio managers | 下一批分析师和投资组合经理 |
[43:58] | would end up in the exact same place. | 还会变成相同的样子 |
[44:01] | It’s the root cause that has to shift. | 我们要改变的是根本的问题 |
[44:03] | Uh, in what way, Prince? | 怎么解决 普林斯 |
[44:09] | Let’s look at the prevailing winds. | 让我们看看现在的风向 |
[44:15] | The prevailing feeling in the country about wealth. | 这个国家对财富的主流观点 |
[44:19] | I think it’s largely right. | 我觉得大体上是对的 |
[44:22] | Too much is concentrated | 太多财富集中在 |
[44:23] | in the hands of too few. | 极少数人的手里 |
[44:25] | But let’s not blame those who manage | 但先别忙着责怪 |
[44:27] | that wealth for them. | 那些为他们管理财富的人 |
[44:29] | Let’s instead look to those who profit the most. | 我们应该看看获利最多的那些人 |
[44:31] | As one of them, I understand the temptation | 作为其中一员 我比任何人 |
[44:33] | more than almost anyone can. | 都明白其中的诱惑 |
[44:35] | And it’s true. | 这是真的 |
[44:37] | Many of the wealthiest have misused their resources. | 很多有钱人用错了他们的资源 |
[44:39] | Many have cut corners. | 许多人走捷径 |
[44:43] | We will not. | 我们不会 |
[44:45] | In fact, we won’t take their money. | 实际上 我们不会拿他们的钱 |
[44:47] | I’m not firing them, my employees. | 我不会解雇他们 我的员工 |
[44:50] | I’m firing you, my investors. | 我要解雇你们 我的投资者 |
[44:52] | Which is why I’ve called you all in. | 所以我把你们都叫过来 |
[44:54] | We have checks drawn and wire confirmations on hand | 我们准备了支票和电汇确认书 |
[44:57] | for your redemptions. | 供你们赎回 |
[44:58] | Thank you for your business, and should you reach | 谢谢你们的业务支持 如果你们能 |
[45:00] | our new standards for ethics in business, | 达到我们的道德水准 |
[45:02] | perhaps we’ll meet again. | 我们可能会再次合作 |
[45:06] | Mr. Rhoades. | 罗兹先生 |
[45:07] | This is no mark against your character. | 并不是针对你的人品 |
[45:09] | But I can’t keep you either. | 但你也不能留下 |
[45:13] | You’re giving me the bum’s rush? | 你现在要过河拆桥了 |
[45:15] | I think it’s best for your familial harmony | 我觉得为了你的家庭和谐 |
[45:16] | and our morale right here. Thank you for your belief. | 和我们的士气 你最好离开 谢谢你的信任 |
[45:19] | If this is some leftover rancor against my son, | 如果这是对我儿子遗留的怨恨报复 |
[45:22] | know this, | 我告诉你 |
[45:23] | my little Willow will grow up | 我的小女儿长大后 |
[45:25] | with revenge on her mind. | 也会怀恨在心 |
[45:28] | Like Beatrix Kiddo? | 像黑曼巴一样吗 |
[45:30] | If that’s some young girl | 如果那是年轻女孩 |
[45:32] | squaring family accounts and some such, | 在解决家庭账户之类的问题 |
[45:35] | then fuck yes. | 那就他妈是的 |
[45:38] | Melville, thank you for your business. | 梅尔维尔 谢谢你的业务支持 |
[45:40] | Hold on a second, I’m in a wholly different… | 稍等 我完全不同 |
[45:43] | Different but the same. | 殊途同归 |
[45:44] | The controversy you’re in the middle of, it’s too hot, | 你身处在争议的中心 |
[45:46] | and you’re on the wrong side of it. | 但你却站错了队 |
[45:47] | But it’s also your company. | 但也跟你的公司有关 |
[45:50] | We don’t want a security contractor | 我们这里不想要 |
[45:51] | who sells pepper spray and rubber bullets around here. | 卖胡椒喷雾和橡皮子弹的安全承包商 |
[45:53] | We don’t want to make you richer. | 我们不想帮你变得更富有 |
[45:55] | Well, I give not a shit. | 我不在乎 |
[45:58] | There are 100s of companies who will beg for my money! | 还有一百多家公司求着我给他们投资 |
[46:01] | They will. No doubt. | 会有的 当然 |
[46:05] | But I am hereby creating The Prince List, | 但我现在要创建一个普林斯名单 |
[46:08] | which involves shedding all the dirty capital | 删掉目前投资的 |
[46:11] | currently invested. | 所有不干净的资本 |
[46:13] | From now on, | 从现在开始 |
[46:15] | clients will have to qualify to invest with us. | 客户需要证明资质才能给我们投资 |
[46:17] | The SEC has blessed this approach | 证监会同意了这项举措 |
[46:20] | and given us a clean bill of health. | 给了我们合格运营证明 |
[46:23] | We’re flipping the paradigm. | 我们在打破规范 |
[46:24] | Instead of proving our worth to the investors, | 我们不再向投资人证明我们的价值 |
[46:26] | our investors will have to prove their worth. | 而是要投资人证明他们的价值 |
[46:29] | As a pension fund. As a company. | 作为养老基金 作为公司 |
[46:31] | As a union. | 作为协会 |
[46:32] | As a family. | 作为家庭 |
[46:34] | As human beings. | 作为人类 |
[46:36] | We’ll take a hit at first, to be sure. | 当然 一开始我们会遇到阻力 |
[46:39] | But we’ll be able to hold our heads up high. | 但我们会赢得胜利的 |
[46:41] | So we flake off what, like, a third for appearances? | 所以我们赶走了三分之一的脸面吗 |
[46:45] | I’m not an appearances guy. | 我不是个在乎面子的人 |
[46:47] | No. | 不 |
[46:48] | We flake off every investor but one. | 我们赶走所有投资人 只留下一个 |
[46:52] | This one. | 这个 |
[46:53] | We like the New York Firefighters. | 我们喜欢纽约消防员 |
[46:55] | We’d like to keep investing for you. | 我们愿意继续你的投资 |
[46:57] | Well, it’s our pleasure to stay. | 我们很荣幸能留下 |
[47:03] | I’ll let the rest of you head on out. | 请其他人自行离开吧 |
[47:13] | He’s never leaned into corner-cutting or dirty edge. | 他从未走过捷径或干过脏活 |
[47:16] | He’s resisted it, in fact. | 事实上 他抵抗住了 |
[47:19] | So he will ride with us, | 所以他会和我们一道 |
[47:20] | and we will rewrite the way this industry works. | 而我们将重写这一行业的操作规程 |
[47:23] | And I’ll need all of you to help me do it. | 我需要你们所有人来帮我实现 |
[47:27] | And we’ll do it together. | 而我们要一起完成 |
[47:29] | Oh, and so you know, if you continue wearing your rings, | 顺便说一句 如果你们继续戴着戒指 |
[47:31] | the data will be available only to you. | 数据也仅有你们可以查看 |
[47:35] | It may feel like we just cut our capital by two-thirds, | 或许感觉上我们刚把资本砍掉了三分之二 |
[47:38] | but, remember, | 但记住 |
[47:40] | the one thing billionaires hate | 亿万富翁讨厌的一件事 |
[47:42] | is being left out. | 就是被孤立 |
[47:44] | Excluded. | 被抛下 |
[47:46] | So sit back | 所以坐稳 |
[47:47] | and watch how badly people want to get on the Prince List. | 等着看人们怎么求着想上普林斯名单 |
[48:00] | Ballsy fucking move! | 胆子真他妈的大 |
[48:01] | That’s a goddamned badass, right there. | 这事干的真牛逼 |
[48:06] | You hope the billies will want in. | 你希望亿万富翁会想加入 |
[48:08] | Damned straight. | 太对了 |
[48:21] | That cannon has fired its last salvo! | 这是大炮能打出的最后一颗炮弹了 |
[48:25] | Now I have asked you all here to join me | 现在我请求你们所有人加入我 |
[48:28] | in taking our town back! | 一起夺回我们的小镇 |
[48:31] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[48:38] | You’ve caught me on the wrong day | 你们不该在今天抓我 |
[48:40] | for this brand of bullshit. | 为了这些莫须有的罪名 |
[48:41] | Excuse me, let me explain. | 打扰一下 我来解释一下 |
[48:46] | Mr. Revere, I’m from the State Department | 里维尔先生 我来自 |
[48:48] | of Environmental Conservation. | 州环境保护局 |
[48:50] | Endangered bog turtles have been discovered | 在你的沼泽地里发现了 |
[48:53] | nesting in your marshland. | 濒危的牟氏水龟巢穴 |
[49:00] | It’s wonderful news. | 真实令人激动的消息 |
[49:02] | But it certainly won’t allow for any more of this cannon fire. | 但这里当然不能再容许发射火炮 |
[49:05] | This is a Temporary Restraining Order, | 这是一份临时限制令 |
[49:08] | ceasing their fire. | 禁止火炮发射 |
[49:12] | You don’t think I got where I am | 你不会认为我有今天的地位 |
[49:13] | by just accepting other people’s visions | 是因为接受了其他人 |
[49:15] | for how I live my life, do you? | 对我的人生的意见吧 |
[49:17] | – Sir, I don’t care… – The answer to that | – 先生 我不在乎… – 答案是 |
[49:18] | is a stiff-necked Yankee “Fuck no.” | 来自顽固扬基人的”是你妈” |
[49:23] | Nat, what the hell is going on? | 纳特 这是什么情况 |
[49:24] | Are you really going to let this… | 你真的要让这些… |
[49:26] | interloper come in here | 外人进来 |
[49:29] | and mess with a local? | 扰乱社区吗 |
[49:30] | I’m fabric of the community. | 我是社区的一员 |
[49:32] | None of them has ever complained. | 他们都没抱怨过 |
[49:34] | Well, Melville, that’s the thing, | 梅尔维尔 事实是 |
[49:36] | the whole town has signed a petition. | 全镇的人一同签了请愿书 |
[49:38] | They want it to stop. | 他们想停止火炮 |
[49:39] | I want it to stop. | 我也想让它停下 |
[49:40] | Well, I’ll have my day in court, | 我等着上法庭的那天 |
[49:42] | and we’ll see if this bullshit holds up… | 我们等着瞧这破事能不能站住脚 |
[49:44] | Take your best shot, sir. | 尽可能尝试吧 先生 |
[49:45] | But the courts are very supportive | 但法院是很支持 |
[49:47] | of threatened species… | 濒危物种的… |
[49:48] | You’re going to be a threatened goddamned species | 你再不离开我的所有地 |
[49:50] | if you don’t get off my property. | 你就会变成一个濒危物种 |
[49:52] | Now that right there | 面前的 |
[49:53] | is a species unto itself: | 就是一种物种本体 |
[49:55] | the entitled billionaire. | 所谓的亿万富翁 |
[49:59] | He and those like him are why I find myself farming | 就是因为他这样的人 我才在这里务农 |
[50:03] | and not prosecuting. | 而不是起诉他们 |
[50:06] | Because while I might be able to tangle with | 因为作为一个有良知的 |
[50:07] | and prevail against a billionaire | 普通公民 |
[50:09] | as a private citizen | 以自然保护的名义 |
[50:11] | with common sense | 和这些好人 |
[50:13] | in the name of nature | 站在我身边 |
[50:14] | and the will of these fine people | 我或许才能与亿万富翁 |
[50:16] | by my side… | 争论并获胜… |
[50:18] | …I certainly can’t as the Attorney General | …而作为纽约州的司法部长 |
[50:19] | of the State of New York | 我显然做不到 |
[50:21] | with the pathetic laws at my disposal. | 因为可悲地受到法律的限制 |
[50:30] | Oh, and you all be sure to drop by | 等丰收之后 你们可都得来我家 |
[50:32] | and try my sweet corn when it comes in. | 尝尝我的甜玉米 |
[50:39] | Hook ’em up, get ’em out of here. | 把他铐起来 把他带走 |
[50:42] | That’s right! Ha ha! | 这就对了 哈哈 |
[50:49] | You wanted your war, you got it. | 你想要战争 得偿所愿 |
[50:57] | Ah, what do you say to one last for old time’s sake? | 要不要为了老交情再最后来一发 |
[51:07] | Fire in the hole. | 准备发射 |