时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Are you here to tell me that you found me a donor? | 你是来告诉我 你已经找到器官捐赠者了吗 |
[00:03] | He’s gonna die unless he gets a kidney. | 他要是找不到肾源就活不成了 |
[00:06] | – So I thought I… – You should’ve come to me. | – 所以我想… – 你应该来找我的 |
[00:07] | If you work with me, | 如果你为我工作 |
[00:08] | I need your blood because that is what I give. | 我会榨干你每一滴血 因为那都是我喂出来的 |
[00:10] | You want to own me. | 你是想独占我 |
[00:12] | And that’s not cool. | 这种行为可不怎么酷 |
[00:14] | The mythical incorruptible artist, | 神秘的不流俗艺术家 |
[00:16] | impervious to temptation. | 完全不受诱惑 |
[00:18] | When we met, you acted like money is like chains. | 可我们刚认识时 你的举止就好似金钱就是枷锁 |
[00:21] | It’s just that now that I have a little bit of it… | 只不过呢 我现在口袋也有点鼓了 |
[00:23] | it’s startin’ to feel like freedom. | 我开始有了一种自由的感觉 |
[00:25] | My favorite artist isn’t getting paid enough. | 我最爱的艺术家赚的还不够多 |
[00:27] | What do you got in mind? | 你有什么想法 |
[00:29] | The freezer section. | 冷冻区 |
[00:30] | Michael Prince is ready | 迈克尔·普林斯 |
[00:31] | to be confirmed Ambassador Extraordinary | 即将被任命为 |
[00:33] | and Plenipotentiary to Denmark. | 驻丹麦特命全权大使 |
[00:35] | You’re in a battle with Bobby Axelrod. | 你正和鲍比·阿克塞尔罗德竞争 |
[00:37] | Help me to help you beat him. | 帮我 让我帮你打败他 |
[00:39] | You can look as long and hard as you want at my life, | 你大可调查我这辈子的一切 |
[00:41] | past or present. | 无论过去还是现在 |
[00:42] | He’s got a secret. | 他有秘密 |
[00:44] | Fucking find it. | 去他妈挖出来 |
[00:45] | It’s been brutal, really, | 真的很残酷 |
[00:47] | to watch the world celebrate this man | 看着世界为这个人庆祝 |
[00:50] | and know the truth about what he did to my son. | 可我知道他对我儿子做过什么 |
[00:53] | Found some neighborhood folks that got fleeced by a payday lender. | 找到几个社区群众被小额短期高利贷欺诈的消息 |
[00:56] | Company’s called Plaintif-Full. | 公司的名字叫满诉 |
[00:57] | 美国每日新闻网 今日新闻 满诉贷款机构被阿克塞资本收购 | |
[00:58] | I am in the mood to take someone down. | 我这会儿特别想搞人 |
[00:59] | He went for the lure. | 他去咬饵 |
[01:00] | And he got hooked. | 还被钩住了 |
[01:01] | Fuck yeah! | 太棒了 |
[01:03] | Why would Axe care about buying up | 阿克塞为什么要收购 |
[01:04] | a marginal shitbag operation? | 一个无足轻重的破公司 |
[01:06] | The way they got away with a bunch of their | 他们能侥幸获得一大笔不义之财 |
[01:07] | unethical lending is doing it in-house. | 全因他们进行的是内部交易 |
[01:09] | They have a bank charter. | 他们有银行执照 |
[01:10] | We just delivered Axe his bank. | 我们给阿克塞送了个银行 |
[01:33] | This one? | 这个呢 |
[01:34] | Keep scrolling. | 继续翻 |
[01:36] | We can do this a month from now. | 我们可以一个月后再选这个 |
[01:38] | No, no. Time is stalking me down. | 不 不 我没多少时间了 |
[01:40] | – It’s inexorable. – No, Dad. | – 这是无法改变的 – 爸 不是这样的 |
[01:42] | – None of that. – You’re gonna outlast… | – 别这样 – 你的日子还长着… |
[01:44] | Now listen, you keep your goddamn emotional lid on | 听好了 在葬礼上的时候 你要克制住 |
[01:47] | during the service. | 你的情绪 |
[01:50] | I’m everything to you, your whole world. | 我是你的一切 是你的全世界 |
[01:51] | I know this. | 这我知道 |
[01:53] | And I gotta make this clear to you now, | 我现在得跟你说清楚 |
[01:55] | or you’ll get the waterworks going | 不然你肯定会哭成 |
[01:57] | like Iguazu Falls. | 伊瓜苏大瀑布 |
[01:59] | No, sir. No, I will comport myself as you have taught me… | 不 先生 我会按照您的指示行事… |
[02:03] | with dry eyes and an ass clenched tighter than | 眼睛干涩 臀部提得比史蒂夫·里弗斯 |
[02:07] | Steve Reeves on a busman’s holiday. | 在假期工作时还要高 |
[02:10] | Toby | 压制: |
[02:11] | That’s something. | 这个倒还不错 |
[02:12] | Are you burying me, or parading me through | 你是要把我埋了 还是带着我和爱尔兰人 |
[02:15] | the streets with the Hibernians? | 一起上街游行 |
[02:17] | You may be demonstrating a failure | 你可能并未对我 |
[02:19] | to show appreciation of what I’m goin’ through here. | 现在所经历的事表现出感激之情 |
[02:21] | I have lie in it. | 我是要躺在里面的 |
[02:22] | I think that’s appreciation enough. | 我觉得已经够感激你了 |
[02:24] | Pesci? The Irishman ? | 派西 《爱尔兰人》 |
[02:26] | No? I was just looking for a moment of levity in the darkness. | 不是吗 我只是在黑暗中寻找片刻的轻浮 |
[02:29] | Now, I don’t need that or Martin fucking Scorsese | 我不需要这个 也不需要天杀的马丁·斯科塞斯 |
[02:31] | to explain the process of aging and physical destruction to me. | 来给我解释衰老和肉体毁灭的过程 |
[02:35] | Especially not at four hours running time… | 尤其不用长达四个小时的电影时长… |
[02:38] | when lack of time is the immediate problem I’m facing. | 时间紧迫正是我现在面临的问题 |
[02:42] | You have got things in your life worth stayin’ around for, Dad. | 爸 你的人生中也有值得你留恋的东西 |
[02:45] | Roxanne, the baby, my kids. | 洛葛仙妮 小宝宝 我的俩孩子 |
[02:48] | Me. | 我 |
[02:49] | Let’s quit the optimistic bullshit. | 还是别盲目地乐观了吧 |
[02:50] | I’ve got a couple of rock-hard peach pits for kidneys. | 我两个肾硬得跟核桃一样 |
[02:56] | We’re buyin’ a casket here. | 我们在这儿买棺材呐 |
[02:58] | I am. | 是我买 |
[02:59] | As in I’m paying. | 我付钱 |
[03:01] | Wouldn’t give you the satisfaction. | 你想得美 |
[03:03] | Well, my credit card’s already on file at Frank E. Campbell. | 我的信用卡已经记在弗兰克·E·坎贝尔殡仪馆档案里了 |
[03:05] | And I told them I’d be the one around to bother them | 我跟他们说 如果他们给我把这事搞砸了 |
[03:07] | if they fucked with me on this. | 我就跟他们没完 |
[03:12] | I guess it is what it is, huh? | 看来 事已至此了 |
[03:17] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[03:25] | What you have in front of you… | 现在在你面前的 |
[03:27] | is a perfect expression of pizza. | 是一份完美的披萨 |
[03:43] | Ingredients locally sourced in Italy, flash frozen there. | 原料来自意大利 在那里速冻 |
[03:46] | When it comes out of the oven, | 从烤箱里出来时 |
[03:48] | it’s as good as anything at the restaurant. | 它就和餐厅里的东西一样好吃 |
[03:49] | So you say. | 这是你说的 |
[03:51] | I’ll be the judge, yeah? | 是不是得我说了算 是吧 |
[04:09] | Holy shit. Kid, | 我的老天爷啊 娃娃 |
[04:11] | you did it. | 你做到了 |
[04:12] | He did it. | 是他做到了 |
[04:13] | I just wrote the checks. | 我只是写了几张支票 |
[04:18] | You had me worried. We got a 100,000 of these things | 看你让我慌的 我们有十万张这样的披萨 |
[04:20] | on a container ship headed for our shores. | 装在集装箱船上 驶向我们的海岸呢 |
[04:22] | Congratulations. | 恭喜恭喜 |
[04:24] | – Is Bobby taking care of you? – Yeah. | – 博比让你赚大钱了 – 是啊 |
[04:26] | Of course I am. We got private equity circling already. | 当然啦 已经有私募基金关注我们了 |
[04:29] | And once we choose who gets to take these | 等我们选好了跟哪家 |
[04:30] | fine gentlemen to the prom, | 私募基金合作 |
[04:32] | Anthony will be liquid. | 安东尼就赚大发了 |
[04:33] | Yes, he will. | 对 他会的 |
[04:34] | To Genio Della Pizza. | 敬杰尼奥德拉披萨 |
[04:36] | The next global food brand. | 下一个国际食品品牌 |
[04:38] | One week to launch. | 一周后就上市 |
[04:40] | – Cent’anni. – Cent’anni. | – 祝好运 – 祝好运 |
[04:57] | They’ll never find anyone better, more committed. | 他们再也找不到比你更好 更忠诚的人了 |
[05:02] | But you’re not fighting back. | 而你却没有反击 |
[05:03] | I’m in the wrong. | 是我错了 |
[05:04] | Who cares? | 谁会在意这个 |
[05:06] | It’s time to rise up and… | 现在就该站出来… |
[05:09] | My hawk-like instincts are telling me | 我鹰一般的本能告诉我 |
[05:11] | to leave it there for now. | 现在还是不说为妙 |
[05:12] | Savvy read. | 有悟性 |
[05:29] | It’s Jay-Z. | 是杰斯 |
[05:31] | Distance yourself. | 离他远点 |
[05:32] | You and I can do more good by letting The Mike fold | 放弃”伟人”计划 然后再创造出新的慈善项目 |
[05:35] | and then raising something new from the ashes. | 这样以来 你我就能做更多善事 |
[05:37] | We’re good at that. | 我们很擅长的 |
[05:41] | Yeah, Shawn. You too. | 嗯 肖恩 你也是 |
[05:43] | Get me to see Taleb. | 我要见塔勒布 |
[05:43] | 纳西姆·尼古拉斯·塔勒布 当前最令人敬畏的 风险管理理论学者 “黑天鹅”之父 黑天鹅即指不可预测的重大稀有事件 它在意料之外却又改变一切 | |
[05:45] | Gotta make sure this thing’s a real black swan event. | 要确保这件事就是货真价实的黑天鹅事件 |
[05:46] | High priest. | 领袖 |
[05:48] | There’s no profit at the end of this call sheet. | 这张通话记录的末端没有利润 |
[05:50] | No money to be made. | 赚不到钱的 |
[05:51] | My one job is to help you do your job. | 我的职责就是助你完成你的工作 |
[05:53] | – And right now… – I have three cell numbers for this guy. | – 可现在… – 我有这个人的三个手机号 |
[05:56] | Can I talk to you like you talk to me? | 我能像你跟我说话那样跟你说话吗 |
[05:58] | I’m gonna talk to you like you talk to me. | 我会像你跟我说话一样跟你说话 |
[05:59] | – This is to what? – Refocus my lens? | – 这是要怎样 – 重新调整我的目标镜头 |
[06:01] | That it is. | 对滴 |
[06:02] | We got a bank charter 24 hours ago, | 我们二十四小时前拿到了银行执照 |
[06:03] | and instead of setting up a boardroom and printing stationery, | 我非但没有布置会议室 打印文件 准备文具 |
[06:06] | I’m searching “Hashtag The Mike.” | 我在网上搜”伟人”计划 |
[06:07] | You’ve been giving away majority ownership in this pizza company. | 你放弃了这家披萨公司的过半数所有权 |
[06:11] | What I’m really searching for is a pattern in the madness. | 我真正在寻找的 是这种疯狂的模式 |
[06:13] | But all I’m seein’ is the madness. | 我所看到的全是疯狂 |
[06:15] | Hmm. The reason I can talk like that… | 我能这样说话是因为… |
[06:17] | Well, there are myriad reasons, | 原因有无数个 |
[06:19] | none of which you’d understand. | 没有一个是你能理解的 |
[06:21] | As you don’t understand why my moves right now | 你对我现在举动原因的不理解 |
[06:22] | are the very acme of sanity. | 是理智的极致 |
[06:24] | Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. | 感谢你的关心和祈祷 |
[06:26] | Now do my bidding. | 现在照我的话去做 |
[06:27] | And get me Taleb. Let’s go. | 给我找塔勒布去 走了 |
[06:38] | No, no, I… I understand. | 不 我理解 |
[06:39] | But I still think | 可我依然认为 |
[06:40] | I’m the best choice to lead “Shake the Quake.” | 我是领导”赶走地震”救济行动的最佳人选 |
[06:45] | Of course. Uh…. | 当然了 |
[06:47] | Well, let’s find you a new public face. | 那你找个新公众形象吧 |
[06:49] | I’d be happy to make some calls. | 我很乐意打几个电话联系一下 |
[06:52] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[06:59] | Where are we on The Mike? | “伟人”计划现在怎么样了 |
[07:01] | Cancellations are piling up. | 取消行程的越来越多 |
[07:03] | Principals are willing to send their juniors, | 负责人们愿意派他们的下属过来 |
[07:05] | some VPs from the big firms. | 一些大公司的副总裁 |
[07:07] | A second-tier even might as well not exist. | 二流货色 还不如别来 |
[07:09] | Cancel it. | 取消掉 |
[07:11] | It’s your legacy. | 这是你的传承 |
[07:13] | The Mike is bigger… | “伟人”计划更为… |
[07:14] | Cancel… the darned…event. | 取消这个该死的活动 |
[07:26] | The Mike is toast. | “伟人”计划废了 |
[07:29] | Charities are abandoning him. | 慈善机构正在抛弃他 |
[07:32] | Let’s ratchet up to personal life. | 我们搞搞他的个人生活吧 |
[07:34] | I have to go with this one more time. | 我得再跟你说一次 |
[07:36] | I am here for whatever you need. | 无论你有什么需要 我随叫随到 |
[07:38] | And I’m always up for a bloody vanquishing. | 我时刻准备来一场血腥征战 |
[07:41] | – But Prince is done. – He’s bled out. | – 可普林斯已经完了 – 他亏大发了 |
[07:43] | And you’re calling in favors for what? | 你找人帮你干什么 |
[07:45] | So you can fuck a dead guy’s skull? | 好让你拿死人头骨泄欲不成 |
[07:47] | Michael Douglas only talked about it in The Bible. | 迈克尔·道格拉斯只在《华尔街》里这么说过 |
[07:49] | He didn’t do it. | 他没这么做啊 |
[07:51] | Besides, skullfuckery is not even fun to watch. | 再说了 拿头骨泄欲看着一点都不好玩 |
[07:55] | Okay. That part is a lie. | 好吧 这部分是谎言 |
[07:58] | He’s not dead till I say he’s dead. | 我说他死了 他才叫死了 |
[08:12] | Did you work all night? | 你工作了整夜 |
[08:14] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[08:16] | I’m headed into the office. | 我要去办公室了 |
[08:17] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[08:24] | It’s intense. | 很有冲击力 |
[08:25] | Yeah, but is it…. | 嗯 不过是不是… |
[08:27] | You know… | 你懂的… |
[08:28] | Finished? | 完成了 |
[08:31] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[08:33] | They used to talk to me. | 以前它们会和我对话 |
[08:34] | Refuse the paint when I was done. | 会在作品完成时 告诉我不要再画蛇添足地着色 |
[08:38] | And now? | 现在呢 |
[08:41] | There’s a lot of other noise. | 有很多杂音 |
[08:44] | I know. | 我能理解 |
[08:47] | Penthouse walls | 平层大豪宅 |
[08:48] | “Echo with the sound of salesmen.” | “回荡着商人的说辞” |
[08:51] | That guy was an artist, right? | 那家伙也玩过艺术 对吧 |
[08:53] | 尼尔·艾尔乌·佩尔特 加拿大著名的音乐家和作家 | |
[08:53] | – Neil Peart. – Yeah. You are, too. | – 尼尔·佩尔特 – 没错 像你现在这样 |
[08:54] | You have to remind yourself why you’re painting it. | 你真的需要提醒自己 创作的初衷是什么 |
[08:58] | You know, there’s a piece of land in Vermont | 知道吗 在佛蒙特州有块地 |
[09:01] | that I could buy. | 我可以买下来 |
[09:03] | Beautiful spread. It’s got trees, and a lake. | 那一带很美 林地 湖泊 |
[09:06] | Vermont’s nice, but you can’t let that be your reason. | 佛蒙特是不错 不过你不该为了它进行创作 |
[09:08] | Oh, there are worse ones. | 那还有更不堪的动机呢 |
[09:10] | You know that collector Lisa? | 记得那个叫莉萨的收藏家吧 |
[09:11] | I mean, she buys one painting that’s a down payment. | 她买下一幅画 算是预定后面的作品 |
[09:17] | Hello? | 你好 |
[09:18] | Yeah, hold on one second. | 我是 稍等 |
[09:20] | Uh, this is the, uh, | 这是… |
[09:22] | collector that I had dinner with the other night. | 也是个收藏家 一起吃过饭 |
[09:23] | – I want to take this. – Okay. | – 这电话挺重要 – 行吧 |
[09:29] | My man, you found me. | 老兄 你还真找到我了 |
[09:31] | Yeah, you got a long reach, player. | 是啊 挺不容易 你是有心人 |
[09:35] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[09:37] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[09:42] | Mr. Moody, the power we wield | 穆迪先生 我们各州 |
[09:44] | as attorneys general | 司法部长手中的权力 |
[09:46] | is akin to a V-12 engine in an Italian sports car. | 很类似意大利跑车搭载的十二缸发动机 |
[09:50] | You can drive the speed limit most of the time, | 大部分时间擦着限速跑 |
[09:52] | but once in a while, you gotta take that power out and gun it. | 但也会时不时地释放动力 狠踩油门 |
[09:56] | And who would you like me to run down on the Autobahn? | 你打算让我在高速上撞谁吧 |
[10:00] | Go to court and get an injunction | 对博比·阿克塞尔罗德并购满诉一案 |
[10:02] | blocking Bobby Axelrod’s acquisition of Plaintif-Full | 提起公诉并拿到禁令 |
[10:05] | and the bank charter inside. | 一并禁止其获得银行执照 |
[10:08] | That individual is not fit to own a bank. | 此人不适合持有一家银行 |
[10:10] | It’s a Delaware corporation. | 这是一家特拉华州的注册企业 |
[10:11] | So, you’re the man to talk to. | 所以我们要找你谈 |
[10:13] | The man with his hand on the switch of Ol’ Sparky, | 你有权决定生死 |
[10:16] | who can send this deal to Valhalla. | 能让这宗交易化为泡影 |
[10:18] | Well, do I have a race car | 厉害了 那我倒是有跑车 |
[10:20] | or an electric chair at my disposal? | 还是有掌握生死命运的权力呢 |
[10:22] | Both. | 都有 |
[10:24] | It would have been real good of you | 你要是二十四小时之前提要求 |
[10:26] | to ask 24 hours ago, | 真能称你的心 |
[10:28] | before you took a wrecking ball to Plaintif-Full. | 那时你还没有对满诉痛下杀手 |
[10:30] | All without a call to me, by the way. | 想起来了 这些你都没通知过我 |
[10:33] | In too much of a hurry to hand-deliver Axe a bank, | 净顾着要亲手送给阿克塞 |
[10:36] | I guess. | 一家银行 |
[10:38] | You started this thing. | 事情是你开的头 |
[10:40] | And you did it without seeing the consequences. | 完全不顾及后果 |
[10:42] | Now you want me to fix it? | 现在却要我收拾残局 |
[10:43] | I’m asking you to take down a larger threat. | 我来是想让你避免面临更大的威胁 |
[10:46] | My mistake doesn’t have to snowball into our mistake. | 我犯下的错误 不能日渐累积成为我们共同的过失 |
[10:50] | There’s no legal basis for this… | 但这样做并没有法律依据… |
[10:52] | No. It would be a favor. | 的确没有 这是你的人情 |
[10:54] | Which we tend to repay. | 我们会找机会偿还 |
[10:55] | No, not tend to. | 不是找机会偿还 |
[10:57] | Always will, and always have. | 而是始终如一的互惠互利 |
[10:58] | Favors are not asked lightly and will not be ignored. | 从不轻易求人 也从不忘记回报 |
[11:02] | You think this is the state that | 你是不是认为特拉华州的建州基础 |
[11:02] | 杜邦家族在特拉华州威明顿市建厂起家 家族长期掌控州内军政 | |
[11:04] | Pierre Samuel du Pont de Nemours built, | 源于尼莫尔的皮埃尔·萨缪尔·杜邦 |
[11:06] | with the cousin marrying and the wrestler murdering | 而杜邦家族堂兄妹通婚 还有个枪杀奥运金牌摔跤手的继承人 |
[11:09] | and all that French aristocracy nonsense? | 州里还充斥着各种法国贵族的什么垃圾轶事 |
[11:12] | The glass shards on top of the wall, | 墙上镶着几片玻璃 |
[11:14] | keep the lesser family out? | 我们就注定排斥小规模的企业 |
[11:16] | No. | 你错了 |
[11:18] | This is the state that was built on corporations | 我们的立州之本 在于让企业 |
[11:20] | getting what they need, | 获得必要所得 |
[11:22] | 特拉华州推行税收优惠政策 逾半数纽交所挂牌企业在特拉华州注册 | |
[11:22] | which is freedom from the yoke of tax burden. | 或者说摆脱税负羁绊 |
[11:25] | I don’t believe corporations are people. | 我不认为企业等同于个人 |
[11:28] | They’re better than people, because they don’t fuck up | 企业优于个人 因为企业不会因为过度执迷 |
[11:30] | when they get so obsessed with one thing | 而看不清现实情况 |
[11:32] | they can’t see reality. | 进而把事情搞砸 |
[11:34] | So no, | 所以 答复是否定的 |
[11:36] | I’m not gonna participate in your agenda, | 我不会参与你的计划 |
[11:38] | while mine is part of a bigger economy. | 因为我要从更宏观的经济层面考虑问题 |
[11:46] | But do consider shopping for some | 走之前 建议你在本州采购一些 |
[11:48] | 特拉华州是五个免税州之一 电子产品便宜 | |
[11:48] | tax-free, high-end electronics before you go. | 免税的高端电子产品 |
[11:56] | I was in my Tiara 4300, | 我当时就在我的豪华游艇上 |
[11:58] | throttle open, shakin’ on the chop so hard, | 马达开着 对前途焦虑不堪 |
[12:01] | my dick chafed. | 直接蛋疼 |
[12:03] | And suddenly I realized | 突然我意识到 |
[12:05] | I was the menace. | 我就是个毒瘤 |
[12:07] | I wasn’t in the world, | 我并不真实存在 |
[12:08] | I was hurting it. | 我给世界带来了负面影响 |
[12:10] | And that was my moment of clarity. | 那一刻 我看清了自己 |
[12:12] | I didn’t want to be that guy. And I called you. | 我并不想这样继续下去 所以给你打了电话 |
[12:15] | I remember. | 我也记得 |
[12:16] | Hmm. And you got me here. | 然后你把我带到这里 |
[12:19] | Made me the man I wanted to be. | 让我成为我希望的样子 |
[12:21] | Made me money doin’ it. And that’s not nothin’. | 让我的投资改变我 这绝非没有意义 |
[12:25] | We shared values. | 我们有过共通的价值观 |
[12:27] | We still share values. | 我们的价值观依然共通 |
[12:30] | I don’t know. | 说不准 |
[12:31] | I know what’s in your head, | 我知道你在想什么 |
[12:33] | and it’s ancient history. | 那都是猴年马月的黄历了 |
[12:35] | What I did to David showed a lack of morality on my part, | 我对大卫的所作所为 暴露了我缺乏道德的一面 |
[12:38] | and I have to live with it. | 我必须承受它的影响 |
[12:40] | It’s a heck of a heavy load. | 这是非常沉重的负担 |
[12:42] | Yeah. It’s yours to carry. | 没错 这份负担你得背 |
[12:44] | It is. | 的确是这样 |
[12:45] | But who do you want in your corner? | 不过你觉得什么人适合为你出谋划策呢 |
[12:47] | Someone who’s never put money before humanity? | 你会选认为人性永远高于金钱的人 |
[12:50] | Or do you want someone who knows the cost | 还是选了解放弃人性的代价 |
[12:53] | of putting humanity aside, and how it’ll break you? | 了解你所面临的危机的人 |
[12:56] | Without my past, | 没有那样的经历 |
[12:58] | how would I have known | 我又怎么可能懂得如何把你 |
[13:00] | how to lead you from that gas guzzling, | 从那艘高油耗高噪声 |
[13:02] | ear shattering, overcompensating Tiara | 低性价比的游艇上弄下来 |
[13:05] | to a sailboat | 让你登上一艘帆船 |
[13:07] | and to the present moment? | 成为今天的你 |
[13:14] | Perfect people don’t exist. | 完美之人从不存在 |
[13:17] | But flawed people… | 而犯过错的人… |
[13:19] | who have taken a walk through their own wounded psyche, | 有过亲身经历 体验过心灵的创伤 |
[13:23] | reforged themselves | 才能重塑意志 |
[13:25] | and come out stronger? | 变得更加强大 |
[13:28] | We’re the great hope for the species. | 我们这种人才是人类最大的希望 |
[13:41] | I still think I have to pull my money. | 我还是觉得该撤资 |
[13:44] | Fair enough. More than fair. | 很好 相当合理 |
[13:48] | Get up. Let me walk you out. | 起来 我送你出去 |
[13:50] | Yeah. | 好 |
[13:51] | It’s your money. | 毕竟是你的钱 |
[13:53] | You can take it right now, | 你现在就可以拿着它 |
[13:54] | and you could walk out this door. | 走出这扇门 |
[13:55] | Leave while I’m down. | 眼看着我走下坡路 |
[13:57] | Tell yourself and everyone | 告诉自己 也告诉所有人 |
[13:59] | you did it because you’re Matt Allen | 你是马特·艾伦 你这样做完全是因为 |
[14:00] | and you don’t consort with my kind. | 你和我不是一种人 |
[14:02] | Because you, Matt Allen, | 是因为马特·艾伦 |
[14:04] | will not be associated with someone | 绝不会和能做出 |
[14:06] | who could do something like this. | 这种行径的人为伍 |
[14:12] | 原子由原子核和一个核外电子构成 电子绕核运动 | |
[14:12] | But power is atomic. | 但权势就像原子运行 |
[14:15] | And eventually, this moment, | 眼下这一时刻 |
[14:16] | this moment where one electron | 也就是一枚电子的运行 |
[14:18] | is slightly out of whack, will end, | 略有异常的时刻 终将结束 |
[14:20] | the world will right itself again. | 整个体系会加以校正 |
[14:22] | I’ll be on top again. | 我会重回巅峰 |
[14:23] | And the curious thing | 这时就有个很有意思的现象 |
[14:25] | is that I will have forgotten your name. | 我那时已经不记得你是谁 |
[14:29] | I don’t believe in enemies. It’s not that I don’t have them, | 我不赞成敌对这个意思 倒不是说我没有对手 |
[14:32] | it’s that when you become my enemy, | 而是说如果你和我敌对起来 |
[14:34] | my next move, | 我接下来的发展轨迹 |
[14:35] | my only move, | 也就是我必然的前进轨迹 |
[14:36] | is to continue to rise. | 是持续攀升 |
[14:38] | While you will eddy. | 而你则逆流盲动 |
[14:40] | Sink. | 没落下沉 |
[14:42] | Not by my hand | 不是因为我做了什么 |
[14:43] | but by your lack of connection to me. | 而是因为你不在我这边 |
[14:47] | So walk out with your money. | 拿钱走人 |
[14:48] | It’s yours. | 毕竟是你的钱 |
[14:51] | But you won’t be done with me. | 但你和我的来往不会就此终结 |
[14:54] | As the song goes: | 那歌怎么唱的来着 |
[14:55] | “On every wall in place | “每一面墙 |
[14:58] | my fearsome name will be heard. | 都呼唤着我令人生畏的名字 |
[15:01] | 原子朋克起源于四十年代 代表着过度核变力量影响下的颓废与毁灭 | |
[15:01] | I’m the atomic punk.” | 我就是原子朋克” |
[15:05] | I will remain so. | 核打击之下我屹立不倒 |
[15:08] | And you, Matt, | 而你 马特 |
[15:10] | will simply evaporate. | 会蒸发 |
[15:18] | You know what? I… I think… | 这么说吧 我突然觉着… |
[15:20] | Mike, sure, | 迈克尔 没问题 |
[15:22] | I’ll stay. For now. | 我现在不考虑撤资 |
[15:24] | Give it a quarter or two, see how this shakes out. | 再等一两个季度 看看趋势 |
[15:29] | Good call. | 好决策 |
[15:33] | I’m not doing that again. | 不会再来这么一出了 |
[15:36] | The save or the beat down? | 是阻止得分还是抱摔 |
[15:38] | Because it was gorgeous. | 你这手太精彩了 |
[15:40] | 厄尼·拉德 先后成为橄榄球和摔跤领域的冠军人物 | |
[15:40] | Big Cat Ernie Ladd level. | 大猫厄尼·拉德的水准 |
[15:43] | How do you even know who that is? | 你怎么知道这些 |
[15:45] | You don’t watch wrestling. | 你从来不看摔跤比赛 |
[15:47] | I’d have said like, Fafner clubbing Fasol | 我应该说像是 《莱因黄金》里法夫纳拿棍子 |
[15:47] | 《莱因黄金》 是瓦格纳歌剧《尼伯龙根的指环》第一部 《指环王》脱胎于《尼伯龙根的指环》 | |
[15:49] | to death in Das Rheingold, but I need you in the gutter, | 打死了争戒指的法左特 而我想要你继续干脏活 下黑手 |
[15:51] | not the heavens. | 不是升华为神明 |
[15:52] | How do you even come up with it? | 你怎么想到这些玩意的 |
[15:53] | I just start talking and magic comes out. | 随口一说 这些话也就脱口而出 |
[15:55] | Same with what I just saw you do. | 就像我亲眼看到你刚才的所作所为 |
[15:57] | That was a Michael Thomas Aquinas Prince | 刚才那个迈克尔·托马斯·阿奎那斯·普林斯 |
[15:59] | who I can help. | 才是我要扶持的人 |
[16:01] | That was the M-Tap I’ve been waiting for. | 我一直在等待这样的神奇话术 |
[16:03] | I feel dirty. | 我觉得挺邪恶 |
[16:04] | This shirt feels dirty. I want to change. | 衣服都好像脏了 我得换一件 |
[16:07] | This isn’t who I am. | 这都不是我了 |
[16:08] | What I built. | 也不是我塑造的形象 |
[16:09] | You did build it. | 这就是你塑造的形象 |
[16:11] | And now you have to defend it. | 而现在 你必须捍卫这个形象 |
[16:13] | That’s who we have to be right now. | 我们现在和这个角色利益一致 |
[16:15] | You got hurt, we hurt back. | 你受到打击 我们就要回击 |
[16:17] | You need to make Axe suffer. | 要让阿克塞感到疼 |
[16:18] | How? | 你想怎么做 |
[16:20] | I figured out what the devil cares about. | 我发现了那混蛋在乎的东西 |
[16:22] | Pizza. | 披萨饼 |
[16:23] | First he overspent on a joint in Yonkers. | 一开始还只是在扬克斯一个小店里不少花钱 |
[16:26] | But now he’s invested in a new company | 现在发展到准备投资一家新的公司 |
[16:28] | that’s getting buzzy. | 动静越来越大 |
[16:29] | But the deal is way too favorable for his partners. | 但这笔交易对他的合作伙伴来说 条件过于优厚 |
[16:34] | And? | 继续 |
[16:35] | Axe giving favorable terms? | 既然阿克塞提出优厚的条件 |
[16:37] | That means it matters to him. | 说明他很在意这件事 |
[16:39] | So, now we take it away. | 所以我们要把它搅黄 |
[16:42] | Painfully. | 让他心痛 |
[16:44] | I see the appeal. I really do. | 这主意很吸引人 真的 |
[16:47] | But this isn’t the path for me. | 但我不想走这个路子 |
[16:50] | So, you exorcise your demons however you want. | 你想怎么驱除自己的心魔都随你便 |
[16:53] | I need to face mine. | 但我要直面自己的心魔 |
[17:06] | Okay, I gave you the entire trip back from Delaware | 从特拉华州到宾州火车站的返程路上 |
[17:08] | and the car ride from Penn Station to get over it. | 我一直在等着你平复情绪 |
[17:10] | And now I need to know: what is the plan, | 但现在我得知道 你有什么计划 |
[17:13] | or the next move in the plan, | 或者下一步该怎么走 |
[17:15] | or the next step in the move of the plan? | 最起码是下一步的头开怎么开 |
[17:17] | Well, there is no plan. | 我没有计划 |
[17:20] | Despite your enthusiasm, there’s no move. | 虽然你积极性很高 但我没什么要吩咐你做的 |
[17:23] | No, Moody is right. | 穆迪说的没错 |
[17:25] | I made this shit soup, and now I have to sip it. | 烂摊子是我一手造成的 现在我也只能自食恶果 |
[17:27] | Fine. You want to act existential, | 行吧 你想表演一下存在主义那一套 |
[17:29] | does not mean that I have to. | 我可不奉陪 |
[17:30] | No act. No, this right here, | 这可不是什么表演 我现在这种情况 |
[17:32] | is what my alienist would call Anhedonia. | 会被我的精神病医生称为快感缺乏 |
[17:34] | The kind of paralysis that can only come | 只有当我打什么算盘都难受的时候 |
[17:37] | when every move you make hurts. | 这种麻痹感才会充满全身 |
[17:39] | Wendy’s gone. | 温迪离开了我 |
[17:41] | Her successor, also gone. | 她的继任者也离开了我 |
[17:43] | Meanwhile, my enemies thrive. | 而与此同时 我的敌人倒是蒸蒸日上 |
[17:45] | If we can pause with the Freudian analysis… | 这套弗洛伊德心理解析还是先打住… |
[17:47] | Ribot came up with the concept. | 这个概念其实是里博提出来的 |
[17:50] | Freud got all the glory. | 但掌声与鲜花都给了弗洛伊德 |
[17:51] | So the least we can do is give ol’ Theodule | 我们最起码得把那份应得的赞颂 |
[17:53] | – his credit where it’s due. – Okay, | – 还给老忒阿杜勒 – 行吧 |
[17:54] | back from Europe to here in NYC. | 扯远了 回归正题 |
[17:56] | What if we pull the charter | 那我们收回银行执照 |
[17:57] | and get someone from the FDIC | 再从联邦存款保险公司或者美国货币监理署 |
[17:58] | or OCC to review it for minor infractions? | 找个人来从里头挑挑刺怎么样 |
[18:00] | They’re not gonna block this over a punctuation error. | 他们不会因为一个标点符号错误就打回他的银行执照 |
[18:03] | And Axe can resubmit a clean charter if they do. | 而且即使如此 阿克塞大可再提交一份完备的过去 |
[18:06] | – We could… – Stop. | – 我们也可以… – 打住 |
[18:08] | I can’t. And neither should you. | 我没法打住 你也不应该到此为止 |
[18:09] | We could threaten the board of the bank | 我们可以通过调查个人不法行为 |
[18:12] | with investigations into personal misdeeds. | 威胁银行董事会 |
[18:14] | Send them running. | 让他们全体跑路 |
[18:16] | And give Axe a chance to form a board | 这岂不是让阿克塞有了一个 |
[18:17] | even more amenable to his goals? | 组建对他更加言听计从的董事会的机会吗 |
[18:19] | No. | 肯定不行 |
[18:20] | Okay, so… | 好吧 那… |
[18:22] | let’s figure out what Moody really wants. | 咱们就弄明白穆迪到底想要什么 |
[18:25] | I’m done. | 我听够了 |
[18:26] | You’re done. Go home. | 你也说够了 回家去吧 |
[18:28] | Stock up on canned goods for the coming plague. | 为即将到来的灾祸存点罐头食品吧 |
[18:30] | It all fucking blows. | 已经没戏唱了 |
[18:32] | This is about your father. All of this. | 你现在这幅模样 全都是因为你父亲吧 |
[18:34] | The dulled eyes, the defeated attitude, | 双眼无神 态度消极 |
[18:36] | the backstroking through French psychology. | 回溯法国心理学的历程 |
[18:38] | But the fight must go on, Chuck. | 但这场斗争必须继续下去 查克 |
[18:39] | You have to go on. | 你必须继续斗争 |
[18:43] | It’s what he’d expect. | 你父亲也会希望你这么做 |
[18:45] | So you say. | 你是这个论调 |
[18:46] | So they say. So it is said. | 他们是这个论调 所有人都是这个论调 |
[18:48] | And so it is written. | 哪怕书上也是这么写的 |
[18:50] | Doesn’t mean it’s true. | 也不代表这就是对的 |
[19:08] | Thank you for seeing me. | 您愿意见我 我很感激 |
[19:10] | If you’re here about the NDA, I know I broke it. | 你要是为了保密协议而来 我知道我没有遵守 |
[19:14] | I don’t care. | 我也不在乎 |
[19:15] | This isn’t like before when I had no one on my side. | 今时不同往日 以前我没有靠山 |
[19:19] | I’ve got people helping me now. | 现在有人对我伸出援手了 |
[19:21] | So whatever threat or lawsuit | 所以不管你是打算 |
[19:24] | or blackmail you think you might have over me, | 威胁 起诉 还是勒索我 |
[19:26] | you can forget it. | 我劝你还是打消为好 |
[19:28] | I don’t go looking for fights. | 我自己并不想挑起争端 |
[19:30] | Can’t say the same for Bobby Axelrod. | 但博比·阿克塞尔罗德就不好说了 |
[19:35] | He’s bankrolling your legal defense. | 他会资助你做法律辩护 |
[19:37] | He’s making sure that I don’t go broke | 他会确保我不会因为讲出真相 |
[19:39] | for telling the truth. | 而导致破产 |
[19:40] | But you don’t know the truth. | 但你并不了解真相 |
[19:42] | Not the whole thing, at least. | 起码不是全部的真相 |
[19:45] | You only know what happened after. | 你只知道后来发生的事情 |
[19:46] | And now so does everyone else. | 现在已经是人尽皆知了 |
[19:51] | Do you want to know about that night? | 你想听听那晚上发生的事情吗 |
[19:54] | With David? | 大卫那晚的故事 |
[20:06] | After I showed him the plane ticket | 我先给他看了机票和支票 |
[20:09] | and the cashier’s check, we went out for pancakes. | 然后我俩就出去吃薄煎饼了 |
[20:12] | I… I don’t know why pancakes, it’s what he wanted. | 我也不知道为什么要选薄煎饼 反正他想吃这个 |
[20:14] | Uh, maybe it was to sober up. | 或许他想靠这个清醒一下 |
[20:16] | Or maybe it was all he could think of. | 或者他当时脑子里只能想到这个 |
[20:18] | Or maybe it was all he could eat | 或者因为他磕了太多药喝了太多酒 |
[20:20] | because of all the drugs and the booze. | 他当时只吃得下这个 |
[20:22] | We talked about the trip we were taking to Rio, | 我们聊了即将踏上的里约之行 |
[20:26] | the girls we would meet there, | 聊了那里我们会碰上什么样的姑娘 |
[20:30] | about the company we would start next. | 聊了我们接下来要创建的公司 |
[20:32] | David wanted to replace modems and routers | 大卫想要用某种更保险的东西 |
[20:35] | with something more secure. | 替代调制解调器和路由器 |
[20:37] | It was brilliant, his idea, | 他的点子简直妙极了 |
[20:39] | but scattered, and I really wish I could remember it. | 但很零散 我真希望能记住他说的内容 |
[20:42] | Because I bet it would change the world. | 因为我相信这会改变整个世界 |
[20:45] | But I can’t. | 但我没记下来 |
[20:46] | Because that whole time eating pancakes, | 因为在吃薄煎饼的整个过程中 |
[20:48] | the only thing I could think of was | 我满脑子只有一个想法 |
[20:50] | how I had to get him on that plane. | 就是怎么让他登上那架飞机 |
[20:55] | He was so happy in that moment… | 他在那一刻真的开心极了… |
[20:59] | and funny. | 人也非常风趣 |
[21:01] | You know how he could get a joke going, | 你知道他有本事把一个笑话一直讲下去 |
[21:03] | and keep it going way longer than anybody else. | 这方面他有着远胜他人的才华 |
[21:06] | Well, he was going and going. | 他简直是滔滔不绝 |
[21:08] | And all I had was the cold, | 我知道即将占有他的成果 |
[21:11] | hollow excitement of knowing that I was stealing from him. | 心里只有冷酷空虚的兴奋感 |
[21:17] | I told myself that it was because he wouldn’t be able | 我告诉自己 这是因为他无法 |
[21:19] | to handle the new situation | 应对这个全新的局面 |
[21:21] | or that he’d blow our deal. | 他会搞砸这桩交易 |
[21:24] | That it’d be too much for him. | 他承受不了这样的重压 |
[21:28] | But deep down, I knew. | 但内心深处 我知道 |
[21:30] | I still know. | 我现在仍然清楚 |
[21:33] | I wanted it all for myself. | 我就是想一个人独吞 |
[21:40] | You shouldn’t have come. | 你不该来这儿 |
[21:42] | Please. I… I understand that I can’t get your forgiveness. | 我恳求您… 我知道我无法获得您的宽恕 |
[21:46] | Because what I did was unforgivable. | 因为我的行为不值得被宽恕 |
[21:48] | But if there’s… | 但如果… |
[21:51] | anything that I can do for you, | 有任何事情我可以为您效劳 |
[21:55] | anything at all, | 不论任何事情 |
[21:56] | that will heal this thing between us. | 只要能弥补我们彼此间的裂痕 |
[22:00] | Or maybe just make us both feel better. | 哪怕只是让我们彼此更好受一些 |
[22:02] | Because I’m tired of hurting. | 因为我已经厌倦了继续伤害 |
[22:05] | Aren’t you? | 我想你也是吧 |
[22:08] | Yeah, I am. | 是的 |
[22:11] | But the funny thing is, | 但可笑的是 |
[22:14] | it’s decades later, | 这事过去几十年了 |
[22:15] | and sometimes I can’t picture David’s face | 有时候我甚至不看照片 |
[22:18] | without looking at a photograph. | 都想不起大卫的模样 |
[22:21] | You know, it’s been so long. | 真的过去太久了 |
[22:24] | But the same thing keeps happening. | 但同样的事情总是不断重演 |
[22:27] | People want me to tell them how to make them feel better. | 别人想让我告诉他们 如何能让自己更好受一些 |
[22:31] | You want me to do your work for you, | 你想让我替你消减罪恶感 |
[22:33] | but I’m not going to. | 但我不会帮你的 |
[22:35] | I’ve worked hard enough to get through this. | 我经过了无数的努力才熬到了现在 |
[22:39] | So, if you’re looking for absolution, | 如果你想获得宽恕之门 |
[22:42] | you’re gonna have to find it on your own. | 你得自己去寻找才行 |
[22:45] | I want a path back to goodness. | 我想找到一条重归善良之路 |
[22:50] | A way to be a force for good again. | 一种重归正义一方的方法 |
[22:53] | Yeah, I know you do, Michael. | 我相信你 迈克尔 |
[22:56] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[22:58] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[23:00] | But I can’t be the subject of that, or the object, | 但我无法成为你的宽恕之途 |
[23:03] | or the road map. | 或是寻路地图 |
[23:05] | I mean, I can point you in the right direction. | 当然 我可以为你指明方向 |
[23:13] | Stop ruining good people | 别因为你自认比他人优越 |
[23:15] | because you think you’re better than them. | 就去毁掉他人的人生 |
[23:19] | You’re not better than anyone. | 你不比任何人优越 |
[23:31] | You blanked me this afternoon. | 你一下午没搭理我 |
[23:34] | Oh, you really had me running | 你让我对费城队 |
[23:35] | for those Philadelphias, though. | 着了迷 |
[23:38] | Almost took the second game. | 他们差点拿下第二场比赛 |
[23:39] | No, you’re just being kind. | 你这么说不过是好心罢了 |
[23:40] | But there is another kindness you can do me. | 但你还可以在别的方面对我发发善心 |
[23:44] | What do you need? | 有何吩咐 |
[23:47] | Write my father’s eulogy for me. | 替我写我父亲的悼词 |
[23:49] | Last time I wrote you a speech, you basically tore it up on TV. | 我上次替你写的演讲稿 被你当着电视机观众的面撕得粉碎 |
[23:53] | I’ll give it. | 这我承认 |
[23:55] | I believe I can do that much, | 我相信我可以克制自己 |
[23:56] | get through the thing. But, uh… | 再撕一次的冲动 但是… |
[23:59] | no, I can’t bare the writing. | 我自己没法下笔 |
[24:07] | These are my notes. | 这是我想写的要点 |
[24:08] | Such as they are, the pertinent details. | 仅供参考 都是有关的细节 |
[24:12] | Whoa, Chuck. | 天哪 查克 |
[24:13] | Let me just absorb this for a minute. | 你先让我消化一下吧 |
[24:16] | No, yeah, sure, of course, natch. | 当然 没问题 |
[24:18] | Do what you gotta. | 你随意处置 |
[24:19] | Chew it over with your burnt ends. | 你可以细嚼慢咽 |
[24:24] | I mean, the whole thing is ironic too, | 反正这事也挺讽刺的 |
[24:25] | because of this persistent fantasy I used to have. | 因为我过去一直抱有一个十分具体的幻想 |
[24:28] | About? | 关于什么 |
[24:30] | Me, as a younger man, | 我幻想自己是一个更加年轻的状态 |
[24:32] | standing tall at his funeral. | 身姿挺拔地站在他的葬礼上 |
[24:34] | Strong arm around my grieving mother, | 坚定地搂着我陷入悲痛中的母亲 |
[24:37] | all of New York in attendance | 全纽约人都来参加了葬礼 |
[24:39] | as I delivered a profound and stirring eulogy. | 我发表了一篇深刻而动人的悼词 |
[24:46] | But in my fantasy, see, | 但在我的幻想之中 |
[24:48] | my father was also somehow alive… | 我父亲似乎仍然活着… |
[24:51] | …and witnessed the speech | 他目睹了我致悼辞 |
[24:53] | with all the pride and approval | 脸上带着骄傲和认可的表情 |
[24:56] | you can imagine. | 那画面你可以想象 |
[24:57] | Strange as it is, it somehow makes sense. | 虽然奇怪 但我听着倒也有几分合理 |
[24:59] | Yeah. Stopped having it when I became US attorney. | 是啊 我当了联邦检察官后就不再有这种幻想了 |
[25:03] | Well, reaching that height, that achievement, | 毕竟你已经身居高位 成就斐然 |
[25:07] | puts you beyond the need for his approval. | 他的认可也就不再那么重要了 |
[25:09] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[25:11] | Now, though, I’ve got this persistent sense of guilt, | 但现在 我一直有种负罪感 |
[25:16] | as if my reverie somehow… | 就好像我曾经的幻想… |
[25:19] | caused his current condition. | 招致了他眼下的不幸 |
[25:25] | You’ll feel worse if you don’t write it yourself. | 如果悼词不由你亲自撰写 你肯定会更难受的 |
[25:39] | So, you spilled your pint of blood. Great. | 你该流的血也流了 很好 |
[25:43] | Nothing wrong with appeasing the old gods. | 毕竟安抚旧神的行为无可指摘 |
[25:45] | I need a list of all the companies | 你把所有受我牵连 |
[25:46] | whose reputation and balance sheet | 导致声誉或是资产 |
[25:48] | are being hurt by their association | 受到损失的公司名单 |
[25:50] | with my name. | 整理一份给我 |
[25:51] | All the good people who don’t deserve | 包括所有不该受我牵连 |
[25:53] | to be collateral damage to my mistakes. | 而蒙受损失的好人 |
[25:54] | So you can… | 然后你打算… |
[25:56] | Free them. Sell them off. | 让他们变现 离开我 |
[26:00] | It went that badly with the mother? | 看来跟那位母亲的面谈非常不顺啊 |
[26:02] | She butchered me, like one of those buffaloes | 她把我杀得片甲不留 我就跟《现代启示录》 |
[26:04] | at the end of Apocalypse Now. | 结尾的水牛似的 |
[26:05] | We can’t take a billion dollar plus loss | 我们不能为了好让你减轻 |
[26:09] | so you can assuage your guilt over something | 对那些你无法逆转的过往的罪恶感 |
[26:10] | you can’t go back and change. | 就承受十亿美元以上的损失 |
[26:12] | Right now, this company is the house built on | 如今 这个公司如同建在 |
[26:14] | a Native American burial ground. | 印第安人墓地之上的房屋 |
[26:16] | It doesn’t matter how good the house is. | 房子建得再漂亮也没用 |
[26:19] | We have to start from scratch. | 我们得重头开始了 |
[26:30] | Um, shark in the water, shark in the water. | 鲨鱼来啦 鲨鱼来啦 |
[26:33] | Meaning? | 你想说什么 |
[26:34] | There’s a selloff happening. | 有一场抛售 |
[26:36] | So I was trying to make it sound exciting. | 我只是想调节一下气氛 |
[26:38] | See? And it’s all in the same sector. | 看看 都是相同行业的 |
[26:43] | It’s not a sector. It’s a person. Mike Prince. | 这不是同行业 是同一个人 迈克尔·普林斯的 |
[26:46] | We should be buying this. All of it. | 我们应该买下来 全部买下 |
[26:48] | We’d own big swaths of the green energy market; | 我们将在绿色能源市场占大头 |
[26:51] | – more than that. – How much to buy it all? | – 或者更大份额 – 全部买下需要多少钱 |
[26:53] | More than we have on hand. | 手头的钱不够 |
[26:54] | I mean, I think more than we have. | 我觉得加上其他的也不够 |
[26:55] | So how do we get it? | 那我们怎么买呢 |
[26:57] | Shit. Right. | 靠 是啊 |
[26:58] | You have to ask Axe. | 你去找找阿克塞 |
[27:00] | Like an advance on your allowance. | 比如预支你的津贴之类的 |
[27:01] | It’s outside our guidance. | 这可超过了我们的指导协议范围 |
[27:02] | I mean, it sucks to have to ask. | 我知道找他不太好 |
[27:04] | But it will suck a fuck of a lot less | 可是如果我们占有了普林斯全部的资产 |
[27:05] | when we own all of Prince’s stuff. | 就会感觉好多啦 |
[27:07] | Which is exactly how I’m going to sell this to Axe. | 正因如此 我会把这些卖给阿克塞 |
[27:09] | Buying Prince’s companies feeds into his need | 他就想吃掉所有普林斯公司 |
[27:11] | to destroy Mike Prince. | 来击垮迈克尔·普林斯 |
[27:12] | Go feed the need. | 快去投喂吧 |
[27:13] | Thank you. I think I will. | 谢谢 我这就去 |
[27:19] | Hey, I need to ask you something. | 我得问问你 |
[27:21] | Oh, yeah. Hold on a sec. | 等下 |
[27:26] | Trying to connect with Axe. | 我想联系阿克塞 |
[27:27] | I’m on with him now. | 我们正在通话 |
[27:32] | You seeing it? | 你看到了吗 |
[27:34] | Mike Prince spiraling out, hemorrhaging money? | 迈克尔·普林斯有些失控 正在大放血 |
[27:36] | It’s quaint. And also very satisfying. | 有点古怪 不过看着挺开心的 |
[27:38] | Beyond satisfying, it gives us an advantage. | 这不仅仅是开心 还给了我们一个好机会 |
[27:41] | He’s driving down the cost by flooding the market. | 大量的抛售导致股价急速下跌 |
[27:43] | He’s selling just to sell, which means we can buy it all. | 他就是为了抛售 也就是说我们可以全部收购 |
[27:45] | – I just need the leverage. – That’s a splashy move | – 只需要给我加杠杆 – 如此大张旗鼓的行为 |
[27:47] | and publicly humiliating for him. | 对普林斯来说就是公开处刑 |
[27:49] | Yeah… | 是啊… |
[27:53] | No. I am not helping Prince cleanse his conscience. | 不过 我不会帮助普林斯减轻他的负罪感 |
[27:56] | We’ll never get this chance again. | 这样的机会仅此一次啊 |
[27:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:00] | Which is why I’m thinking I’d rather that you | 所以我在想 我宁可让你 |
[28:01] | dump everything you have that coincides with him. | 抛掉所有跟普林斯有关的股票 |
[28:04] | Actually, dump everything that you have | 也就是说 哪怕和迈克尔·普林斯 |
[28:07] | that shares even the tiniest overlap | 以及他的意识形态 |
[28:09] | of Venn diagram with Mike Prince and his ideology. | 只有一丁点交集的都要抛掉 |
[28:12] | What? | 什么 |
[28:13] | Well, like you said, | 就像你说的 |
[28:14] | he’s driving the price down. | 他正在压价出仓 |
[28:16] | Now I want you to make those companies worthless. | 现在我需要你把那些公司变得一文不值 |
[28:18] | Unproductive. This is insane. | 毫无收益 这是疯了吧 |
[28:20] | What? Kicking Prince when he’s down? | 怎么了 对普林斯落井下石不行吗 |
[28:22] | I’d say nothing could be saner. | 没有比这更理智的举动了 |
[28:23] | – Bobby. – This isn’t profitable. | -博比 – 这无利可图啊 |
[28:25] | You’re going to ruin industries | 用毁掉整个能源产业的方式 |
[28:27] | to prove a point you’ve already proven. | 来证明一个已被证实的结论 |
[28:29] | Plus, the Mase Carbon balance sheet will take a hit, | 此外 梅森碳能的资产负债表会遭受冲击 |
[28:31] | which will drive down the value of the associated companies. | 并且会把相关公司都拖下水 |
[28:33] | Our P and L will look like a mine shaft. | 我们的损益报告会像个无底洞 |
[28:36] | You know Taylor’s right. I can see it in your eyes. | 你知道泰勒说的对 你的眼神已经告诉我了 |
[28:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:46] | No, you’re right. He’s done. | 好吧 你说的对 他已经玩完了 |
[28:48] | So Mase Carb can buy up Prince’s positions? | 那么梅森碳能可以买下普林斯的仓位吗 |
[28:51] | Yes. I’ll give you the leverage outside the guidance. | 嗯 我给你加指导协议外的杠杆 |
[28:55] | Thank you. I’ll let you know | 谢谢 稍后我会告诉你 |
[28:57] | how much we’re able to scoop up. | 全部买入需要多少 |
[29:02] | So that’s how my resident genius is doing. | 不愧是我的常驻人才的表现 |
[29:04] | How’s our painter doing? | 我们的画家怎么样了 |
[29:05] | Fine. | 还行 |
[29:07] | Fine, like I’ll be seeing paintings | 还行的意思是我会在期待已久的 |
[29:09] | for the big empty walls I have waiting for them? | 墙面上看到成品吗 |
[29:15] | What did you like about his work when you saw it? | 你喜欢他作品的哪一点 |
[29:19] | Well, the power, the strength. | 那种能量感 力量感 |
[29:21] | Not many out there who can make art | 能让作品展示出生命力的 |
[29:24] | that feels like it’s breathing. | 画家并不多 |
[29:26] | Wait a minute. Why are you asking? | 等等 你为什么会这么问 |
[29:28] | Should I be worried? | 有什么事情吗 |
[29:30] | I don’t know. | 不好说 |
[29:32] | He’s off. | 他的状态不对 |
[29:34] | No, no, that… that’s too strong. He’s… | 也不是 这样说有点重 他… |
[29:38] | He’s painting for other people. | 他在为其他人画画 |
[29:40] | He’s got collectors and commissions in his head. | 他现在脑子里想的都是收藏家或者佣金 |
[29:43] | And that real estate is only for you? | 难道那里只能属于你吗 |
[29:45] | You know, he’s actually got real estate there, too. | 要知道 他现在脑子里还想着房产 |
[29:48] | For what it’s worth, | 不管怎样 |
[29:50] | Tanner was always supposed to be this. | 坦纳本来就应该是这样的 |
[29:52] | Successful, sought after. | 成功画家 一画难求 |
[29:54] | And he’s lucky to have you to keep his head in the game. | 幸运的是 有你一直帮他保持头脑清醒 |
[29:58] | I’m glad for you. | 为你骄傲 |
[29:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[30:01] | But, I could, you know, if you wanted me to, | 但是 如果你需要的话 我也可以 |
[30:04] | take some pressure off, uh, | 给他减减压 |
[30:06] | give him some room to think. | 给他点空间去好好想想 |
[30:08] | Maybe call Lisa, give her two of mine | 或者打给莉萨 从我预定的画里拿两幅给她 |
[30:10] | and then take my other two later. | 以后再把我这边的空缺补上 |
[30:13] | Oh, it would be fucking with another man’s cash flow but, | 你知道这会扰乱某个人的现金流 但是 |
[30:15] | you know, if that’s what you think he needs. | 如果你认为这是他需要的 我就去办 |
[30:17] | But the most important thing is he gets back on track, right? | 最重要的是 这能让他恢复正常 是吧 |
[30:20] | Right. | 是的 |
[30:21] | So I’ll make the call? | 那我去打电话啦 |
[30:27] | Maybe just leave it. | 要不还是算了吧 |
[30:30] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[30:32] | I’m just trying to help. | 只是想帮帮你 |
[30:34] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[30:46] | We got a problem. | 出事了 |
[30:59] | We got a problem. | 出事了 |
[31:01] | The pizza freighter broke down in the Atlantic. | 运送披萨的货船在大西洋抛锚 |
[31:03] | We’re gonna miss our delivery window. | 我们不能按时交货了 |
[31:04] | – Shit. – Bad luck, | – 见鬼 – 有点倒霉 |
[31:05] | you know, something like that. | 类似运气不好吧 |
[31:07] | We need to call the distributor, | 我们得通知经销商 |
[31:08] | the product guy, and let them know | 产品经理 让他们知道 |
[31:09] | we’re gonna be late. | 货会晚到 |
[31:10] | We show up late, | 如果我们晚了 |
[31:11] | we’re gonna miss our launch with goPuff. | 就会错过和每日优鲜的合作 |
[31:13] | They’re gonna blow this ‘za out. | 他们会把我们踢出局 |
[31:15] | We won’t get that momentum back for a year, maybe ever. | 错过了就得再等一年 甚至更久 |
[31:18] | There’s no such thing as bad fucking luck, | 世上就没有运气差的说法 |
[31:20] | not when money’s involved. | 尤其是当涉及到金钱的时候 |
[31:22] | Where exactly is this freighter? | 货船的具体位置在哪里 |
[31:26] | Okay, this is a satellite snapshot of every ship at sea, | 这是卫星图像快照 可以显示每艘船的位置 |
[31:29] | updated every 20 minutes. | 每二十分钟更新一次 |
[31:30] | So where the fuck are our pizzas? | 我们的披萨在哪里呢 |
[31:32] | Forty-four degrees, 32 minutes, 23.8 seconds North | 北纬44°32′23.8″ |
[31:35] | by 25 degrees, seven minutes, 51.6 seconds West. | 西经25°7′51.6″ |
[31:40] | North Atlantic Ocean. | 在北大西洋 |
[31:42] | The ship carrying your pizzas | 这艘载着披萨的船 |
[31:44] | broke down two hours ago. | 两小时前就抛锚了 |
[31:47] | So now what? They rot at sea? | 现在呢 在海上等着腐烂吗 |
[31:50] | Maybe we could find someone to fix the ship. | 或许我们可以找人去修船 |
[31:51] | Why did you say “Broke down” like that? | 你为什么用那种语气说抛锚 |
[31:53] | Because something is off. | 因为有些不太对劲 |
[31:55] | A dead ship, one without power, | 一艘没有动力的船 |
[31:57] | will drop anchor and put out a distress signal. | 会下锚并发出求救信号 |
[31:59] | Even if the ship drifted onto the anchor line, | 即使这艘船发生了走锚漂航 |
[32:01] | it would have drifted East along the wave path, | 也会顺着海浪向东漂移 |
[32:04] | and your boat has moved North. | 但你的船在往北走 |
[32:06] | Somebody is fucking around with your boat. | 有人在你的船附近使坏 |
[32:17] | Check your IB. | 看你的消息栏 |
[32:23] | Shit, Axe, really? | 天啊 阿克塞 真的吗 |
[32:26] | You’re an executing trader. | 你是一名交易员 |
[32:27] | You got a problem executing? | 你难道不会交易吗 |
[32:29] | No, Axe. | 不是的 阿克塞 |
[32:30] | But I have a problem | 但没有泰勒的许可 |
[32:31] | trading these particular names without Taylor. | 我不太会交易这些特殊公司的股票 |
[32:34] | I hired you. | 我雇了你 |
[32:35] | You quit. | 然后你辞职 |
[32:36] | I hired you back. | 我重新把你雇回来 |
[32:37] | Let you walk back in here | 尽管你缺乏忠诚 |
[32:38] | despite your lack of loyalty. | 仍旧让你回到这里 |
[32:40] | Because I knew, one day there would be | 因为我知道 总有一天会真相大白 |
[32:43] | a moment of truth, a reckoning. | 会清算一切 |
[32:45] | What I would see if you were still the kid | 我要看看 你是否还是那个被我从奥罗拉 |
[32:47] | that I pulled out of Aurora, sat in front of a bank of screens | 拉出来的年轻人 曾经坐在一排屏幕前 |
[32:50] | and gave the secrets of the world. | 搜索世界的秘密 |
[32:52] | And enough money to move your mom | 想挣钱让妈妈把家 |
[32:54] | out of a trailer into a house. | 从拖车搬到房子里 |
[32:58] | This is that reckoning. | 这就是清算 |
[33:01] | Fuck. | 好吧 |
[33:22] | You proud of putting good companies out of business? | 你很威风吧 把好好的公司弄破产 |
[33:24] | – I’m sorry. I’m not sure… – Is this what you wanted? | – 不好意思 我不明白… – 这就是你想要的吗 |
[33:27] | To destroy the progress we both made? | 毁掉我们共同作出的努力 |
[33:28] | To set impact investing back? | 收回影响投资 |
[33:31] | Every company you sold off today will likely fold, | 今天被你抛售的每一家公司都有可能倒闭 |
[33:34] | and that market share will go right back to the polluters, | 这些市场份额会重新回归那些污染制造者 |
[33:37] | the child labor employers, | 童工雇佣者 |
[33:39] | the people we committed to taking down. | 以及我们承诺要扳倒的人 |
[33:40] | Are you proud? | 你满意啦 |
[33:46] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[33:48] | You didn’t know. | 你完全不知情 |
[33:49] | He did it without telling you. | 他做这事没跟你打招呼 |
[33:52] | Well, I guess we all know just how much | 我想我们都明白了 |
[33:56] | that shingle of yours is worth. | 你的招牌值几个钱 |
[34:02] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[34:04] | No. | 不好 |
[34:14] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[34:15] | Axe. | 阿克塞 |
[34:16] | Are you kidding me? | 你想搞事情吧 |
[34:18] | So what, you were just following orders and that makes it okay? | 你觉得只要奉命行事就没问题了 |
[34:21] | It does not make it okay. | 问题大着呢 |
[34:22] | Explain yourself, Mafee. | 给你自我辩解的机会 玛斐 |
[34:24] | Axe. That’s it. | 是阿克塞 就是这样的 |
[34:26] | That’s the explanation. | 这就是解释 |
[34:27] | What the fuck did we think would happen | 你们以为我们重新回来这里之后 |
[34:29] | when we walked back in here? | 会发生什么好事吗 |
[34:30] | The fallout from this is cataclysmic. | 这事的后果就是山崩地裂 |
[34:32] | You’re damn right. | 说的太对啦 |
[34:34] | This completely messes up our bonuses. | 我们的分红全泡汤了 |
[34:36] | Not what I meant. | 我说的不是这个意思 |
[34:37] | Well, it’s what I meant. | 我就是这个意思 |
[34:38] | Enough. I will fix this. | 够了 我会补救的 |
[34:40] | Not as long as we’re still reporting to… | 只要我们还需要跟那位报备就… |
[34:41] | Not now, Rian. | 别说了 莉婉 |
[34:47] | I spent my whole life building something additive. | 我这一生都构建一些真善美的东西 |
[34:50] | – Not your whole life. – Um-hmm. | – 不是”一生”吧 – 嗯 |
[34:52] | Some would argue that by virtue | 有些人会争论说 |
[34:54] | of just how much money you have, | 鉴于你如此的富有 |
[34:56] | you have by definition done much wrong. | 你必然做了很多不道德的事情 |
[34:59] | So because I’m so rich, I’m inherently guilty? | 因为我很有钱 所以我就必然有罪吗 |
[35:01] | It’s what I built a good chunk of my career on. | 我的大部分职业生涯就是靠你这种人建立的 |
[35:03] | Probably what drove me to that career. | 也是让我选择这个职业的原因 |
[35:05] | But I do believe you just said it better than I did. | 不过我相信 你表达的比我好 |
[35:08] | Wealth is always going to exist. | 财富永远存在 |
[35:10] | Power along with it. | 权力与其相随 |
[35:12] | People are so consumed with the idea | 人们沉迷于 |
[35:14] | that money buys freedom that they can’t demand | 金钱可以买到自由的想法 导致自己无法 |
[35:16] | better of the powerful… | 向有权力的人或者自己… |
[35:17] | or themselves. | 要求更好的追求 |
[35:18] | As soon as they gain some power of their own, | 一旦他们获得了些许权力 |
[35:20] | they forget about better and just want to be rich. | 就忘记了更伟大的理想 而只想要有钱 |
[35:23] | So the powerful have to demand it of ourselves. | 所以我们有权之人就只能要求自己做到了 |
[35:26] | That’s what I was trying to do. | 这就是我想做的事情 |
[35:28] | I can’t save the world, | 我没法拯救世界 |
[35:29] | but I was gonna leave it a lot better than I found it. | 但我要把它变得更好 |
[35:31] | And now I’m sucked into chaos by Bobby Axelrod. | 可现在 我被博比·阿克塞尔罗德拖入了混乱之中 |
[35:36] | I can’t arrest him because he’s screwing | 我没法因为他破坏了你的救主情结 |
[35:38] | with your savior complex. | 而逮捕他 |
[35:39] | Would that I could. | 要是能我就抓了 |
[35:41] | Bobby Axelrod has to be wiped off the face of the Earth. | 博比·阿克塞尔罗德必须从这个世界上消失 |
[35:45] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[35:47] | So do you want my help? | 那你想要我的帮助吗 |
[35:48] | No. | 不了 |
[35:49] | – Hold on. – You came to me… | – 等等 – 你来找过我… |
[35:51] | He came to me and said he needed my help. | 他来找我说他需要我的帮助 |
[35:52] | Now I’m ready. | 现在我准备好了 |
[35:53] | I came to you when I needed you. | 我在需要你的时候去找的你 |
[35:55] | And the getting was good. | 彼时 形势尚对我们有利 |
[35:57] | But you thought you were above me. | 可你觉得你比我正直 不屑这么做 |
[35:59] | And, now, Axe got a bank. | 如今 阿克塞有了银行 |
[36:02] | Fuck, I gave him a bank. | 靠 我给了他一家银行 |
[36:04] | Me and her. | 我和她给的 |
[36:05] | And now that he’s coming for you, | 现在他冲你杀过来了 |
[36:07] | – you want me to what? – Get hit with more shrapnel | – 你想要我怎么做 – 再多挨点枪子儿 |
[36:09] | so you can campaign for a Nobel? | 好让你去争取诺贝尔奖吗 |
[36:11] | No. Fuck no. | 不了 绝对不了 |
[36:12] | Every time I move, | 我每次的行动 |
[36:14] | I make his life better and mine worse. | 都让他的生活变得更好 我的则更差 |
[36:17] | I even tried my luck with the Delaware AG | 我甚至还找特拉华的司法部长碰了运气 |
[36:20] | only to be rolled into the street like a bum. | 结果却把自己弄得灰头土脸 |
[36:22] | So I’ve come to a halt. | 所以我收手了 |
[36:25] | No, I can’t lose any more of myself to this. | 我不能再因此事而迷失自我了 |
[36:27] | You go figure it out. | 你自己想办法吧 |
[36:28] | I’m offering titanic resources. | 我提供的可是惊人的资源 |
[36:31] | Then what do you need us for? | 那你还需要我们做什么 |
[36:40] | “That cupcake makes a mess, we got a case again.” | “只要那小子一捣乱 我们就有案子了” |
[36:40] | 此处隐射1997年美国动作片《警察帝国》 罗伯特·德尼罗在电影中 扮演纽约警察局督察处的调查官莫·蒂尔登 | |
[36:42] | Well, | 嗯 |
[36:43] | it worked for Bobby D, I figured it was worth a shot. | 这招对罗伯特·德尼罗有用 我觉得可以一试 |
[36:49] | Okay, we can remake the order in Italy and reship. | 好吧 我们可以在意大利重制订单 然后重新运输 |
[36:51] | But that’s two extra weeks. | 这样会多花两周时间 |
[36:53] | And then we lose the supermarket chains. | 我们会失去连锁超市的单子 |
[36:55] | Prince Company’s got their mitts on the shipping line anyway. | 反正航运公司还被普林斯的公司掌控着 |
[36:59] | All right, look, I’m gonna tell Axe to forget the whole deal. | 好吧 我去告诉阿克塞 这桩生意就算了 |
[37:02] | Give my cousin back his company. | 让我兄弟回自己的公司得了 |
[37:04] | Anthony keeps banging out top-quality pies. | 安东尼可以继续做他的高水准披萨 |
[37:06] | At least he has two shops. | 起码他有两家店 |
[37:07] | That’s more than what he was planning. | 这都已经超出他的计划了 |
[37:09] | No, you’re not. | 不 不行 |
[37:10] | Axe believes your cousin should be big-time. | 阿克塞认为你家兄弟该做大 |
[37:13] | I have been charged with delivering your pizza empire, | 我得到的任务是为你的披萨帝国运货 |
[37:16] | so to speak, and deliver it I fucking will, | 所以 我一定会帮你运过来 |
[37:18] | on time. | 按时按点 |
[37:19] | How? | 怎么做 |
[37:20] | Now tell me. Why Italy? | 告诉我 为什么选意大利 |
[37:23] | The ovens. | 烤箱 |
[37:31] | Il Duce. | 首领 |
[37:32] | We have a move we can make. | 我们可以这样办 |
[37:34] | A warehouse filled with ovens and a small army of workers. | 一个充斥着烤箱和大量工人的仓库 |
[37:37] | It’s gonna cost close to 10 million to do it. | 大概要花一千万 |
[37:39] | Keep it on schedule. | 按时完成 |
[37:40] | And keep it quiet. | 还得保密 |
[37:41] | It’s money you won’t recoup for a long time. | 你很长时间都回不了本的啊 |
[37:43] | Ten million to not let Mike Prince win a round? | 花一千万让迈克·普林斯输一局吗 |
[37:46] | Consider the money spent. | 花就花了 |
[37:48] | Go get those fuckin’ ovens. | 给我把那些烤箱弄到手 |
[37:53] | We have hundreds of LLCs in Delaware. | 我们在特拉华州有上百家有限责任公司 |
[37:56] | And lots of associates with more. | 以及很多联合公司 |
[37:58] | I’ve been considering Wyoming instead. | 我一直在考虑转移到怀俄明州 |
[38:01] | I’ve got a 3,000-acre spread there | 我在那里有三千英亩地 |
[38:03] | and it’s the original home of the LLC. | 那里也是有限责任公司的最初总部 |
[38:06] | The American Bar Association just released a white paper | 律师协会刚刚发布了 |
[38:08] | on the Delaware pitfalls. | 一份关于特拉华州金融缺陷的白皮书 |
[38:11] | Seems like a good time to take a billion out of the state. | 看来是时候从贵宝地撤出十亿投资了 |
[38:13] | Is it only a billion? | 只是十亿吗 |
[38:15] | A few. | 好几十吧 |
[38:18] | Well, that would be unfortunate. | 这可太不幸了 |
[38:21] | Taking out a cowboy-sized chunk of the LLCs | 从特拉华州撤出大量有限责任公司 |
[38:23] | in Delaware is “Unfortunate”? | 仅仅算是”不幸”吗 |
[38:26] | I’d imagined the unemployment filings of registered agents alone | 我还以为 光是注册代理人的失业申请 |
[38:29] | would put a nice dent in anyone’s reelection hopes. | 就会大大削弱任何人连任的希望呢 |
[38:32] | Or… | 或者… |
[38:34] | Or? | 或者 |
[38:36] | You can do me a favor, | 你可以帮我一个忙 |
[38:37] | and I’ll stay in Delaware | 我就留在特拉华 |
[38:39] | and protect the LLC farms from litigation. | 保护那些有限责任公司的农场免受诉讼 |
[38:41] | Especially from a very eager New York State AG. | 特别是某个急切的纽约州司法部长的诉讼 |
[38:48] | You told me to figure it out. That’s what I did. | 你告诉我自己想办法 我就去想办法了 |
[38:51] | And? | 然后呢 |
[38:52] | Moody was persuaded to get the court to name | 我说服了穆迪 他让法庭为阿克塞的银行 |
[38:54] | a special trustee to Axe’s bank. | 指定一个特别受托人 |
[38:56] | An Irving Picard-like son of a gun. | 一个堪比皮卡德的能人 |
[38:56] | 欧文·皮卡德 马多夫庞氏骗局的受托清算人 | |
[38:59] | The guy who got back the Madoff money. | 那个为马多夫骗局受害者追偿资金的人 |
[39:01] | One penny at a time. | 一步一步来 |
[39:03] | Clawing every cent from the estate sale, | 搜刮出从房产拍卖中获得的每一分钱 |
[39:05] | finding every mattress they hid it under. | 找出他们所有藏钱走账的方式 |
[39:07] | Unrelenting. | 绝不留情 |
[39:08] | Well, Axe will hate that. | 阿克塞还不恨死了 |
[39:09] | Someone who’ll ride herd over the institution | 一个将从内部搞垮他们 |
[39:12] | from the inside. | 银行系统的人 |
[39:13] | Clock its every move. | 监视他们的每一步 |
[39:15] | Report it all back. | 全部汇报过来 |
[39:17] | Block what he can. | 尽全力阻挡他 |
[39:22] | Okay, we’re in. | 好的 我们加入 |
[39:31] | You knew. | 你知道 |
[39:33] | When you told me to blow, | 你让我走的时候 |
[39:34] | you knew I’d come back with something. | 你知道我会手携筹码再次登门 |
[39:36] | I’ve seen Cop Land. | 我看过《警察帝国》那个电影 |
[39:37] | Did I? | 是吗 |
[39:38] | I thought I meant it at the time. | 我当时以为自己是认真的 |
[39:41] | But we’re here now. | 不过我们已经到这一步了 |
[39:42] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[39:44] | Yeah, we’ll need someone who’s served on a bank board. | 我们需要一个在银行委员会工作过的人 |
[39:46] | Someone who’s known for being tough on the institutions | 一个出了名的对银行态度强硬 |
[39:48] | they’re a board member of, not a yes man. | 而非唯唯诺诺之人 |
[39:50] | Someone who won’t care if they get booted | 即便会在几个月后因政治原因 |
[39:52] | a few months in due to politics. | 而被解雇也无所谓的人 |
[39:54] | Someone who will go down swinging. | 一个会骄傲谢幕的人 |
[39:57] | Oh, I have just the guy. | 我有完美人选 |
[40:14] | Dad? | 爸 |
[40:19] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[40:21] | It’s the son who can’t seem to come through. | 是我那个不能兑现承诺的儿子啊 |
[40:24] | Well, it is true. | 确实 |
[40:26] | I can’t get you a kidney by any moral | 我没法用道德或者合法的方式 |
[40:29] | or legal means. | 给你弄一个肾 |
[40:31] | But, | 但是 |
[40:32] | what if I could give you a reason to live? | 如果我能给你一个活下去的理由呢 |
[40:36] | You mean other than my wife and child? | 除了我的老婆孩子吗 |
[40:38] | Positive reinforcement | 正面激励 |
[40:40] | never has been your raison d’etre. | 从来不是你的存在理由 |
[40:43] | No, you love power via destruction, | 不 你喜欢通过毁灭获得权力 |
[40:46] | a motivation you have handed down to me | 你把这种动力传给了我 |
[40:47] | and could bestow on your daughter | 也可能会传给你的女儿 |
[40:50] | if you live long enough. | 只要你活得够久 |
[40:52] | Oh, she’s meant for something better. | 她注定要有更好的生活 |
[40:54] | Oh, I have no doubt. | 对此我毫不怀疑 |
[40:57] | But the chance to be in the game, | 能再次出山 |
[41:00] | to fuck with someone else’s power | 毁掉别人的权力 |
[41:03] | and take it for yourself, | 并将之占为己有的机会 |
[41:04] | you can’t deny that would feel good. | 你不能否认那种感觉会有多好 |
[41:07] | Especially if that power was coming from Bobby Axelrod. | 尤其当那权力源自博比·阿克塞尔罗德的时候 |
[41:10] | I would enjoy seeing him squirm. | 我还真想看看他坐卧不宁的样子 |
[41:13] | Better yet, you would be the reason | 不仅如此 你还会是 |
[41:15] | for said squirming. | 他坐卧不宁的原因 |
[41:17] | He just got himself a bank. | 他刚刚弄到一个银行 |
[41:19] | And the bank requires a trustee. | 银行需要一个受托人 |
[41:23] | Someone with the power to torture his every decision, | 一个有能力折磨他的每一个决定 |
[41:27] | to turn the thing he wants so badly | 把他想要的每一样东西 |
[41:29] | into a cilice | 都变成 |
[41:31] | that he can’t take off. | 他甩不掉的累赘之人 |
[41:33] | Someone with experience in banking, | 一个在银行业有丰富经验 |
[41:36] | committed to making Axelrod so uncomfortable | 能让阿克塞尔罗德如鲠在喉 |
[41:38] | he rips at his own skin. | 生不如死的人 |
[41:43] | That’s a job for a fighter. | 这是战士的工作 |
[41:47] | Man with something left in the tank. | 一个老而弥坚之人 |
[41:51] | I could yank his puppet strings. | 看我不把他当提线木偶玩死 |
[41:55] | Oh, yes, you could. | 你当然可以 |
[42:08] | Scooter. | 斯科特 |
[42:11] | I just happened to be in your neighborhood grocer. | 我恰巧在你家附近的超市里闲逛 |
[42:14] | That’s hard to believe. | 很难让人相信 |
[42:15] | Nothing is hard to believe | 只要你有决心去做 |
[42:17] | if you have the will to make it happen. | 没什么不能相信的 |
[42:23] | Wait, that’s not one of… | 等等 那不是… |
[42:25] | Yes. It certainly is. | 是的 没错 |
[42:28] | I’m wondering if we can file the insurance claim | 我在想我们能否直接向普林斯 |
[42:31] | on the spoiled merchandise directly with Prince. | 就货物损坏问题提出保险索赔 |
[42:33] | You know, since you tools bought into that shipping company. | 因为你们入股了那家货运公司嘛 |
[42:37] | Oh, you should try one of these. | 你该试试这个 |
[42:40] | Fucking delicious. | 真他妈的好吃极了 |
[42:42] | Freezer case is full of ’em. | 冷柜里全是哦 |
[42:52] | Your LLC office in Delaware is a literal post office box. | 你位于特拉华州的有限责任公司办事处就是一个邮箱 |
[42:56] | Our bank is real, though. | 可我们的银行是真的 |
[42:59] | I imagine you want it to be. | 我猜你也希望它是真的 |
[43:02] | What’s the problem that brought you all this way north? | 您大老远跑北边来 所为何事啊 |
[43:05] | Some things have changed. | 有些情况发生了变化 |
[43:07] | In my honest assessment of your past, | 在客观评估了你的过往之后 |
[43:09] | I’ve come to believe that you require oversight. | 我开始相信你需要监督 |
[43:12] | A trustee to look after consumer finance protection. | 一个保护客户金融安全的受托人 |
[43:15] | Someone you’ll need to run every move by. | 你必须将所有动向都汇报给此人 |
[43:17] | Every move? | 所有动向 |
[43:18] | Pretty much. | 差不多 |
[43:20] | And if we refuse? | 如果我们拒绝呢 |
[43:21] | I cancel your certificate of formation. | 我会取消你们的注册书 |
[43:23] | Do we get to see a shortlist? | 我们能看下候选名单吗 |
[43:38] | That is a short fucking list. | 这名单还真他妈短 |
[43:40] | Charles Rhoades Senior has been selected and approved. | 老查尔斯·罗兹已经当选 |
[43:44] | We’ll appeal this decision. I’ll sue you. | 我们对这一决定提出上诉 我会告你的 |
[43:46] | Oh, I imagine you will. | 我猜你也会 |
[43:50] | Well, I guess I will see you across | 我想我们将要于一年半至两年之后 |
[43:52] | a courtroom to hash this out… | 在法庭上 |
[43:54] | in 18 months to two years, | 探讨解决该问题了 |
[43:57] | when the case finally comes up for trial. | 届时 该案件才会开庭审理 |
[43:59] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[44:00] | please see that Mr. Rhoades is welcome. | 还请务必欢迎罗兹先生 |
[44:05] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 再会了 |
[44:12] | I need Wendy’s research, | 我需要温迪的调查研究 |
[44:14] | what she was working on in the employee records | 就是斯皮罗斯打小报告 |
[44:16] | when Spyros ratted her out. | 举报她在员工档案里查的东西 |
[44:31] | You reorienting where you work? | 你在调整你的工作环境吗 |
[44:34] | Reorienting. | 调整 |
[44:35] | That’s a word for it. | 可以这么说 |
[44:36] | Another word for it is shutting it the fuck down. | 也可以说是我他妈的结束营业了 |
[44:42] | Try using a word or two that’ll make sense to me. | 能用一两个我能理解的词来解释一下吗 |
[44:44] | Axe. Used his black magic to get my commission squashed. | 阿克塞 他用手段除去了我的订单 |
[44:49] | One thing I can’t stand is getting fucked with. | 我最不能忍的就是被人耍着玩 |
[44:51] | Is it all bad though? | 真的有那么糟糕吗 |
[44:55] | Give you back your freedom. | 至少还你自由了 |
[44:56] | You can just paint like you used to. | 你可以像以前那样画画了 |
[44:59] | Yeah, I had that for a long time. | 嗯 我那样创作了很久很久 |
[45:02] | This was something new. | 这个新创作环境 |
[45:04] | I kind of liked it. | 我还挺喜欢的 |
[45:05] | You think you did. | 你以为你喜欢而已 |
[45:07] | But I saw the look in your eye when you were painting that | 可我看到了你画那幅画时的眼神 |
[45:11] | and it lit me up. | 一下子点燃了我 |
[45:13] | Because that was you in it for yourself. | 因为在那时 你整个人都投入进去了 |
[45:18] | Did you know Axe was gonna do this? | 你知道阿克塞要这么做吗 |
[45:21] | Oh, wait a minute. | 等等 |
[45:23] | Was… Was this your fuckin’ idea? | 这… 这是你的主意吗 |
[45:26] | No. | 不是 |
[45:27] | Not my suggestion. | 不是我的建议 |
[45:29] | But we did have a conversation about it | 但我们的确有聊过这件事 |
[45:31] | and he thought it’d be… helpful. | 他觉得这样或许… 能帮到你 |
[45:35] | Shit. | 淦 |
[45:36] | You trying to help me, | 你是想帮我呢 |
[45:37] | or are you trying to help me stay broke? | 还是想帮我继续破产下去 |
[45:38] | You have a personal relationship with every painting. | 你和每幅画都有情感联系 |
[45:41] | A fucking love affair. | 如同风流韵事 |
[45:43] | Or you do with the good ones. | 或者是和那些特别好的画有联系 |
[45:44] | Oh, good ones. | 特别好的画 |
[45:45] | And you know the difference? | 那你知道其中的差异 |
[45:47] | I know the difference in you. | 我知道你心中的差异 |
[45:48] | I saw the way you were looking at me | 我看到了在我画那幅画的时候 |
[45:50] | when I was makin’ that painting. | 你注视我的表情 |
[45:51] | It was like a fucking show pony. | 跟看马戏团小马没两样 |
[45:53] | Like an artist. | 我看的是艺术家 |
[45:54] | Yeah. | 呵 |
[45:55] | Your idea of an artist. | 是你自以为是的艺术家 |
[45:57] | Someone that you can control | 一个没有自己的资源 |
[45:58] | because he has no resources of his own. | 从而可以让你随意摆布的人 |
[46:00] | That’s the last thing I want to do. | 我从没这么想过 |
[46:02] | Good. Because after emptying my pockets, | 那就好 因为在清空我的钱包之后 |
[46:04] | Axe has no more control over me. | 阿克塞再也控制不了我了 |
[46:06] | Because this is the last painting that I owe him. | 因为这是我欠他的最后一幅画了 |
[46:10] | Well then I helped you get free, didn’t I? | 至少我让你重获自由了 对吧 |
[46:12] | Nah. No, you didn’t. | 不 你没有 |
[46:14] | You helped me realize that I was never free. | 你让我意识到 我从来就没有自由过 |
[46:18] | I’m a grown man. I decide what I need. | 我是个成年人 我可以决定自己需要什么 |
[46:20] | I decide when I need it. | 决定什么时候需要 |
[46:21] | – If you say so. – Yeah, I do. | – 随你怎么说了 – 我就这么说了 |
[46:23] | I also need a girl who says, | 而且 我需要的女孩 |
[46:26] | “Of course you do,” When I say, | 要在我不知道作品是否完成时 |
[46:27] | “I don’t know if I’m done.” | 跟我说 “你当然知道啊” |
[46:29] | Not some fuckin’ seminar. | 不会给我来个操蛋的研讨会 |
[46:30] | Yeah. | 行 |
[46:32] | Your problem is you need a girl. | 你的问题在于 你需要的是一个”女孩” |
[46:58] | In case you’re still not sure when something’s finished, | 以防你还是不知道某件事是否结束了 |
[47:02] | this fuckin’ is. | 这的确他妈的结束了 |
[47:49] | The security guys say he left an hour after Wendy did. | 保安说他是在温迪离开一小时后离开的 |
[47:52] | They heard shouting and banging | 他们听到叫喊声和打砸声 |
[47:54] | and when they checked it out, this is what they found. | 当他们上来查看时 现场就已经是这样了 |
[47:56] | You get the place cleaned up so I can sell it. | 你找人把这地方清理干净 我好卖了它 |
[47:58] | We gonna list it as the former art studio of Nico Tanner? | 那我们要注明这里曾经是尼科·坦纳的工作室吗 |
[48:02] | I don’t give a shit. | 管他丫的 |
[48:10] | Have that packed, brought to the office and hung. | 把那幅画打包好 送去办公室挂起来 |
[48:12] | As what? A cautionary tale? | 作为什么 一个警世寓言吗 |
[48:15] | That’s a real Tanner original. | 这是货真价实的坦纳真迹 |
[48:18] | Filled with raw emotion. | 充满了不加掩饰的真情实感 |
[48:58] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[49:00] | Hello. | 你好 |
[49:01] | This is, um, a laptops closed sort of thing. | 这事需要你合上电脑仔细听我讲 |
[49:05] | Okay. | 行 |
[49:07] | We keep doing this. | 我们经常这样做 |
[49:09] | I think this might be the last time | 我想这是最后一次了 |
[49:11] | if that makes you feel any better. | 不知道这能不能安慰到你呢 |
[49:12] | I get the sense that it won’t. | 我的直觉告诉我说不能 |
[49:13] | I spent all night doing the math | 我整晚都在计算 |
[49:15] | on the amount of money we lost. | 我们亏空了多少钱 |
[49:16] | It was wildly stupid. | 当真愚蠢至极 |
[49:18] | Worse, we damaged entire sectors, | 更糟的是 我们损害了整个行业 |
[49:19] | companies that were going to | 那些公司本来即将 |
[49:21] | spin off into petrochemical disruptors, | 颠覆石化行业 |
[49:23] | that were going to create new battery technology. | 他们本来是要创造新电池技术的 |
[49:24] | I told you there’d be sacrifices. | 我告诉过你 牺牲不可避免 |
[49:26] | Yeah, but I’m not sure I can keep doing that. | 是啊 可我不确定自己能否继续下去 |
[49:29] | Rian, give me some time. | 莉婉 给我点时间 |
[49:31] | I know how to fix this. | 我知道该如何解决这个问题 |
[49:32] | How? | 如何解决 |
[49:34] | I can’t say right now. Just trust me. | 现在不能告诉你 相信我就行 |
[49:37] | If I see myself in you then you see yourself in me, right? | 我和你 也算知己知彼 对吧 |
[49:40] | And you know you would be able to solve this. | 你知道你能解决这个问题的 |
[49:43] | Yeah, I guess I follow that. | 嗯 我想我明白了 |
[49:46] | So trust me. | 相信我 |
[49:51] | Okay. | 行 |
[49:52] | For now. | 暂且相信你 |
[49:54] | Okay. | 可以 |
[50:17] | We have successfully gotten my father named | 我们成功让我父亲成为了 |
[50:19] | the new trustee of Axe’s bank. | 阿克塞银行的新受托人 |
[50:21] | He will have oversight, | 他将有监管权 |
[50:23] | full control to hold up anything and everything | 对他们想用银行做的任何事 |
[50:25] | they want to do with the bank. | 拥有绝对控制权 |
[50:28] | Access to every transaction. | 他能看到每一笔交易 |
[50:30] | A man on the inside. | 一位内部人士 |
[50:33] | Right. | 好啊 |
[50:35] | We got what we wanted. | 我们得尝所愿了 |
[50:38] | Except we didn’t. | 然而并没有 |
[50:45] | Roxanne? | 洛葛仙妮 |
[50:49] | Okay, okay, slow down. | 行 行 说慢点 |
[50:51] | That’s great. | 那太好了 |
[50:53] | You get there as soon as you can get back to the city. | 你一回到城里就立马赶过去 |
[50:56] | I’m on my way. | 我现在就去 |
[51:05] | Dad. | 爸 |
[51:08] | I just talked to Roxanne. | 我刚跟洛葛仙妮通过话 |
[51:10] | She says to give you a kiss for luck. | 她说给你一个祝君好运吻 |
[51:12] | Ooh, give him a wet one. | 你替她来个湿吻吧 |
[51:13] | Nothing to worry about though. Simple procedure. | 没什么好担心的 就一个简单的手术 |
[51:15] | I’d do it myself if I hadn’t lost my privileges here. | 如果行医执照还在手 我就自己动手了 |
[51:18] | Yeah, see? I told you. | 看到了没 我就说嘛 |
[51:19] | Now you get to live and be my man on the inside. | 现在你可以继续活着 做我的卧底了 |
[51:22] | That’s true, Sonny. | 儿子啊 的确是这样 |
[51:24] | But it may not work out the way you think. | 可走向可能不完全是你想的那样 |
[51:27] | What do you mean, Dad? | 爸 这是什么意思 |
[51:28] | Nice fucking job getting him up the list. | 还真让他排到移植名单前头了 干得漂亮 |
[51:30] | One month from now, these hospitals, | 一个月后 这些个医院啊 |
[51:31] | they’re gonna be overrun with that damn Chinese bug. | 那个招人恨的漂亮国病毒就要在这些地方横行了 |
[51:34] | How’d you do it? | 你怎么做到的 |
[51:35] | Me? | 我 |
[51:36] | I was about to ask how you did it. | 我正想问你是怎么做到的 |
[51:39] | Dad? Dad. | 爸 爸 |
[51:41] | He’s been sedated. | 他已经被麻醉了 |
[51:45] | Excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[51:48] | Wait a minute. You’re the donor? | 慢着 你就是那个器官捐献者 |
[51:50] | – But you’re Axe’s… – Yes, I am. | – 可你是阿克塞的… – 对 我是 |
[51:51] | His museum curator. | 他的博物馆馆长 |
[51:52] | Heard from a friend your pop was in need. | 从一个朋友那听说你爸需要器官捐献 |
[51:54] | I signed right up. | 我立刻就报名了 |
[51:55] | Looking to do all my good deeds | 我就想在这一年里 |
[51:56] | for a year right here. | 积点善呢 |
[51:58] | Sure you are. | 呵 那是自然 |
[52:00] | Axe stymied us smooth as Bobby Jones, | 阿克塞巧妙地搞黄了我们的计划 |
[52:03] | and Senior’s not our man anymore. | 老爷子不再是我们的人了 |
[52:06] | Axe delivered my father something that at this moment | 阿克塞此时为我父亲奉上的东西 |
[52:08] | transcends even my familial bond. | 甚至超越了我们的家庭纽带 |
[52:11] | He gave him life. | 他给予了老爷子新生 |
[52:15] | And so he became the son I couldn’t be. | 他成为了我当不了的儿子 |
[52:22] | My father is owned by him now. | 我父亲现在是他的人了 |
[52:26] | Axe claims he’s not an emotional player, | 阿克塞说他不会感情用事 |
[52:30] | but he’s all emotion. | 可他一直都是如此 |
[52:32] | I saw how much he was willing to pour into a pizza business, | 我看到他愿意为一桩披萨生意投入了多少 |
[52:35] | and that was just for sentimental reasons. | 完完全全的感情用事 |
[52:37] | He dumped his positions in impact companies | 他抛售那些影响力投资公司的期货仓位 |
[52:39] | just to hurt me, | 只是为了伤害我 |
[52:40] | even though he cost himself maybe more than he cost me. | 哪怕会伤敌八百自损一千 |
[52:46] | When he wants something, | 当他心中有目标时 |
[52:48] | he’s blind to everything else. | 他便无视他物 |
[52:50] | And right now Axe wants to gloat over my failures. | 现在 阿克塞想要对我的失败幸灾乐祸 |
[52:54] | And probably make me fail some more. | 可能还想让我再跌几个跟头 |
[52:57] | We need to use that against him. | 我们要利用这一点来对付他 |
[53:00] | He has a new toy. A bank. | 他现在有了新玩具 一家银行 |
[53:03] | And now, thanks to us, no speed limit on it, | 如今 多亏了我们 这家银行完全没了监管之人 |
[53:06] | nothing to stop him from making mistakes. | 没有什么可以阻止他去犯错 |
[53:08] | Fatal ones. | 致命的错误 |
[53:10] | The kind that put a man in prison. | 能让他入狱的错误 |
[53:15] | I’m the bait, | 我是诱饵 |
[53:17] | and the bank is the trap. | 那银行就是陷阱 |
[53:29] | How are we taking down Bobby Axelrod? | 我们要如何扳倒博比·阿克塞尔罗德 |