时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Previously on Billions… | 财富战争 前情回顾 |
[00:06] | 尼科·坦纳 《内爆:2》2019 | |
[00:06] | Red dots? That means sold. That means… | 红点 说明已经有人买下了 也就是说… |
[00:08] | There was a pre-pre-viewing? | 有人比我们还超前看过 |
[00:10] | Damn, man. Not my intention to scoop you. | 巧了不是 我不是故意夺你所爱的 |
[00:12] | I’d love to buy if you have more. | 如果你肯再画几幅 我非常乐意买下 |
[00:15] | Yeah. I don’t paint for money. Never have. | 嗯 我画画不是为了卖钱 从来都不是 |
[00:17] | Before the funds land with us, we can designate them. | 在资金到我们手上前 我们可以给标个指定用途 |
[00:19] | Yale Law. | 耶鲁法学院 |
[00:20] | Georgie boy! | 乔吉好儿子 |
[00:22] | Hello, Dad. | 你好 老爸 |
[00:24] | Sandicot’s not getting the gaming license. | 桑迪科特拿不到赌场许可 |
[00:25] | It’s over. | 一切都结束了 |
[00:26] | You fronted like the whole thing was wired. | 你骗我们说一切都已准备就绪了 |
[00:29] | Was that bait? Or were you the bait? | 是圈套吗 你就是诱饵吗 |
[00:31] | There will come a time | 总有一天 |
[00:33] | when you will be forced to line up against Axe | 你会为了生存 不得不站到 |
[00:34] | for your very survival. | 阿克塞的对立面 |
[00:36] | He’s not capable of a true alliance. | 他当不了真正的盟友 |
[00:38] | Isn’t it incumbent upon us | 我们这些”赢家” |
[00:39] | to acknowledge that we didn’t do it alone? | 难道没有义务承认我们并非单打独斗获得成功 |
[00:41] | I don’t pretend I’m an ordinary guy got lucky. | 我并不假装我是个有点幸运的普通人 |
[00:43] | I am a monster. | 我就是野兽 |
[00:45] | A carnivorous fucking monster. | 一个嗜血成性的野兽 |
[01:18] | This was my favorite place in the house. | 这里是家里我最中意的地方 |
[01:20] | Even though it’s not technically in the house. | 虽然理论上来讲这里并不算屋内 |
[01:22] | Yeah. | 同感 |
[01:24] | I come out here most every day, too. | 我差不多也每天都来这儿 |
[01:26] | Even in the winter. | 冬天也不例外 |
[01:27] | My mom’s worried I’ll catch pneumonia. | 我老妈总担心我会得肺炎 |
[01:28] | But I still do it. | 但我还是会来 |
[01:31] | Yep. | 对 |
[01:32] | Mine didn’t like it either. | 我妈也是这么想的 |
[01:35] | At night I’d even sneak out here after she went to bed. | 我会趁她睡觉的时候偷跑到这里 |
[01:38] | And just breathe. | 就是为了透透气 |
[01:40] | Inside that house… | 待在家里的时候… |
[01:43] | eh, for me, this was better. | 唉 对我来说 这里要舒服多了 |
[01:46] | Yeah. I like it at night. | 没错 我也喜欢晚上来这儿 |
[01:48] | Til I can hardly see the hoop. | 我会一直待到看不清篮筐的时候 |
[01:50] | Looking at the lights go out the other houses. | 看着别家的灯火逐个熄灭 |
[01:52] | And me thinking. | 我开始思索 |
[01:53] | The thinking I did out here, | 我在这里做的那些思索 |
[01:55] | it’s what set my whole life in motion. | 促使着我这辈子奋勇向前 |
[01:58] | Hey, Randy, I was just telling Savion | 嗨 兰迪 我正跟萨维恩聊 |
[02:01] | how I used to come out here as a kid growing up in Yonkers. | 我在扬克斯长大的时候爱来这儿厮混的事儿 |
[02:02] | Toby | 压制: |
[02:04] | You mind if I… | 你介意我拍… |
[02:06] | No. Not at all. Go on ahead. | 不 没问题 你拍吧 |
[02:11] | You know, this was a rough neighborhood even back then. | 要知道 当年这个街区生活就很艰辛 |
[02:14] | No one really had any money at all. | 大家都一贫如洗 |
[02:16] | Snowy mornings, I’d come out here, shovel the driveway, | 在那些下雪的早晨 我会来这里 铲出一条车道 |
[02:19] | and then I’d stand here and I’d look at other people | 之后我会站在这里瞧着其他人 |
[02:21] | digging themselves out. | 自铲门前雪 |
[02:24] | Eventually the plows would come through, | 铲雪车总是姗姗来迟 |
[02:26] | but only after they had already been to the rich neighborhoods. | 毕竟它们总爱先去富裕的街区 |
[02:29] | Same thing now. | 现在也这样 |
[02:31] | They don’t give much of a shit for us. | 他们就当我们是空气 |
[02:33] | Yeah. Last streets plowed, man. | 是啊 咱们街区的雪总是放到最后铲 |
[02:35] | If people wanted to go to work, | 如果有人要想出门上班 |
[02:36] | they had to get out here with a shovel. | 就得自己带个铲子出门铲雪 |
[02:38] | I saw that as an advantage. | 我从中看出了商机 |
[02:40] | Started up my first business. | 开创了我的第一个生意 |
[02:42] | You know? Did all the shoveling myself. | 你能想象吗 我一个铲光了所有的雪 |
[02:45] | Then I hired some friends. | 后来我雇了些朋友 |
[02:47] | Then I expanded to other neighborhoods. | 之后我把生意做到了别的街区 |
[02:49] | And I took the money I earned. I invested it in other ideas. | 再后来我把从这里头挣到的钱 投到了别的点子上去 |
[02:53] | That’s how I started, man. | 我就是这么发家的 小伙子 |
[02:55] | I have Yonkers to thank for my success. | 我的成功得归功于扬克斯这片土地 |
[02:59] | That’s why I’m glad to be back here, returning the favor. | 所以我很高兴能回到这里 回馈社会 |
[03:04] | Ok, you two, that should just about end outside time. | 好了 你俩 外面溜达的够久了 |
[03:07] | Come on in. | 进屋吧 |
[03:07] | Hey, I just wanted to say I really enjoyed meeting you both. | 嗨 我想说我真的很高兴能见到你们二位 |
[03:10] | Then come on back, and have dinner with us. | 那还不麻溜进屋 跟我们一起吃个晚饭 |
[03:12] | I’ll make meatloaf. | 我给你做些烘肉卷 |
[03:13] | It’ll make you feel like you’re a kid again. | 让你重温一下孩提时光 |
[03:14] | Can’t wait. Dinner at home in my hometown. | 太好了 在老家吃顿家乡饭 |
[03:17] | Only I’m not gonna allow you to do any work. | 当然你就别费心下厨了 |
[03:19] | I’m gonna bring my chef. | 我会把我的厨师带来 |
[03:21] | And we’re gonna make this special. | 我们得弄点好的吃吃 |
[03:22] | Alright. | 得嘞 |
[03:29] | 博比·阿克塞尔罗德 拜访童年故乡 | |
[03:33] | Of course… Unbelievable… | 行吧…把我看傻了… |
[03:36] | The man knows no bounds. | 这家伙简直永不知足 |
[03:37] | Who’s got hold of your nectarines? | 哪个家伙摸了你的小鸟 |
[03:39] | Grapefruits. Please. | 拜托 我那是大鹏 |
[03:41] | And it’s a man who’s spreading his wings | 这家伙把他的触手 |
[03:43] | from the cozy confines of Wall Street | 从舒适的华尔街 |
[03:45] | to the mean streets of Yonkers. | 伸向了穷街陋巷的扬克斯 |
[03:47] | Opportunity Zone is up for grabs there. | 那里的商机区正待价而沽呢 |
[03:49] | Those are pretty sweet setups… | 那些优惠条件非常诱人 |
[03:50] | real cap gains advantages. | 都是实打实的资本收益优势 |
[03:52] | The tax breaks are supposed to be | 税收减免本该造福于 |
[03:53] | for the benefit of downtrodden neighborhoods, | 那些受压迫的街区 |
[03:55] | to stimulate investment and development. | 好刺激当地的投资和发展 |
[03:57] | And treadmills were originally built | 要知道跑步机最初造出来 |
[03:59] | as a system of punishment for convicts… | 还是用于惩治罪犯… |
[04:01] | hard labor milling grain… | 给苦工碾磨粮谷的呢… |
[04:03] | not firm-bunned soccer moms. | 不是给肥妈健身的 |
[04:07] | You’re right, old man. | 你说的对 老爹 |
[04:10] | And you know what? I need you to suit up. | 你猜怎么着 我需要你出山 |
[04:13] | Ahhh. I’m not sure I… | 我怕是不能… |
[04:15] | Oh. You can develop with the best of ’em. | 你一定可以物尽其用 |
[04:18] | And you’re back off the sidelines | 再说你也不再是旁观者了 |
[04:20] | now that you’re a young father. | 毕竟你现在又当了一回父亲 |
[04:22] | Alright. You don’t need to win it. | 别担心 你用不着真的拿下 |
[04:24] | Just compete hard enough that you provoke some illegal moves, | 只需要竞争的时候多加把劲 好逼阿克塞使出些非法的手段 |
[04:28] | some unfair competition from Axe. | 让他弄些不公平竞争 |
[04:30] | Or destabilize him. Either way it’s a win for me… | 或者让他动摇也行 不管哪条路子对我来说都是赢… |
[04:34] | What do you say? | 你意下如何 |
[04:37] | You need me to suit up, | 既然你要我出山 |
[04:40] | I’ll suit up. | 那我义不容辞 |
[04:53] | Game. | 我赢了 |
[04:54] | Run it back. | 再来 |
[04:55] | My ball. No dunking. | 我先攻 你不许扣篮 |
[04:57] | Other than that, come at me. | 别的招数你随意招呼 |
[05:00] | And you know I will. | 那是自然 |
[05:02] | MP. This isn’t the only one-on-one game you’re in. | 迈普 你的一对一游戏不只这一场 |
[05:05] | Axelrod is going after the Yonkers Opportunity Zone. | 阿克塞尔罗德已经盯上扬克斯商机区 |
[05:09] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[05:11] | Observe and report, so I’m ready to act… | 盯着他及时汇报 好让我准备好行动… |
[05:13] | 前美国篮球职业运动员 多米尼克·威尔金斯的绰号 因其花哨的扣篮动作而得 | |
[05:13] | after I handle the Human Highlight Film. | 当然得等我先把这位”人类电影精华”办挺了 |
[05:21] | One-nothing. | 一比零 |
[05:21] | That’s the only free one you get… | 这种轻松得分可没下回了… |
[05:30] | 全球时尚品牌FUBU的创始人 他在美国广播公司的《创智赢家》中 作为备受瞩目的企业家和投资人为观众熟悉 | |
[05:30] | Wags, get me with Daymond John. | 瓦格斯 帮我联系戴蒙德·约翰 |
[05:31] | Ooo, a poppa shark. | 创智赢家的金主哦 |
[05:33] | I need you. In there. | 我需要你 到那边去一下 |
[05:41] | Huh. Sneak attack. | 搞偷袭呢 |
[05:43] | Mediation. | 这是调解 |
[05:47] | Alright, well, let me get ahead of it by apologizing, | 好吧 让我先道个歉 |
[05:50] | so I can start my day. | 好让我开个头 |
[05:55] | I’m sorry, Taylor…that you’re in snowflake mode… | 我很抱歉 泰勒… 你就是过分敏感了… |
[05:59] | Snowflake? | 过分敏感 |
[06:00] | And that your save-the-Earth play | 你那招拯救地球的计划 |
[06:02] | led me to a bigger score with good old rock oil. | 促成了我一笔更赚的石油买卖 |
[06:05] | Well, Mr. Plainview, | 好吧 普莱恩维尤先生 |
[06:07] | you didn’t offend my delicate sensibilities. | 你的做法并没有冒犯我敏感的神经 |
[06:08] | What you did do was fuck up the bigger score. | 你不过是搞砸了一个更赚的买卖 |
[06:10] | – Is that right? – Yes, it is. | – 是嘛 – 千真万确 |
[06:12] | This is a list of colleges and universities | 这是一份学院和大学的名单 |
[06:14] | with endowments that were ripe for divestment. | 他们的基金会都打算撤掉石油股 |
[06:16] | This first wave had a potential haul of 8.8 billion. | 第一波的潜在收益是八十八亿美元 |
[06:19] | All un-gettable now, since the pitch is ruined | 现在都泡汤了 因为我们的游说都被你搞砸了 |
[06:21] | because you made us look | 你让我们看上去 |
[06:22] | like greedy, opportunistic hypocrites. | 像是贪得无厌 投机取巧的伪君子 |
[06:23] | Projections on potential assets are always overly optimistic. | 对潜在资产的预测总是过于乐观 |
[06:31] | Listen: This comes down to poor communication. | 听着 问题结症在于沟通不畅 |
[06:33] | And a lack of alignment, for which you’re both to blame. | 以及缺乏统一阵线 这点你俩都有错 |
[06:37] | Taylor, you should have trusted him | 泰勒 你本应该相信他 |
[06:39] | and told him the entire play. | 并把完整计划和盘托出 |
[06:40] | He cracked out of turn and moved aggressively, | 他不按次序出牌 行动激进 |
[06:43] | and in this case… Bobby, that was in error. | 在这种情况下… 博比 这是错误的 |
[06:47] | But by holding out, Taylor, you’re just as responsible. | 但因为你有所隐瞒 泰勒 你同样也有责任 |
[06:52] | You know, perception and optics | 要知道 洞察力和眼光 |
[06:55] | are at all-time importance levels | 在我们的事业和生活中 |
[06:57] | in our business and in life. | 都处于空前重要的地位 |
[06:58] | And a unified team is a much more powerful image | 而一个团结的团队比你们任何人的单打独斗 |
[07:01] | than either of you individually. | 都更有力量 |
[07:04] | Quant and fundamental. | 量化和根本 |
[07:06] | Impact and traditional… the best of both worlds. | 影响和传统… 应当取两家之长 |
[07:11] | The question is: What are we gonna do about it now? | 现在问题是 我们眼下该怎么做 |
[07:24] | What if we played it as an activist move… | 要是我们把这包装成环保业投资… |
[07:25] | – Yes. – Hmm. | – 对 – 对 |
[07:27] | Push the companies to clean up, | 我们来推动公司进军环保行业 |
[07:29] | to put in the kind of initiatives | 做一些将会给学校 |
[07:30] | the schools will be impressed by. | 留下深刻印象的方案 |
[07:31] | Sell it as policing from the inside. | 再把此举当做是内部整顿向外推销 |
[07:33] | Which will allow us to sell divestment to more institutions. | 而这将使我们能向更多机构推销撤资方案 |
[07:39] | I should do it. My reputation… | 我来做吧 事关我的声誉… |
[07:41] | Agreed. | 我同意 |
[07:42] | I’ll go talk with Argyra and Charter Offshore. | 我去跟艾格雅石油公司和特许离岸石油负责人谈 |
[07:50] | You practically dressed me down in front of a junior. | 你这就是当着手下的面把我臭骂了一顿 |
[07:53] | I need to maintain a shred of credibility. | 我需要维持最起码的信誉度 |
[07:56] | We both know you missed it. | 我们都清楚是你的失策 |
[07:58] | I was trying to broker the least embarrassing version. | 我不过是想促成一场最不尴尬的和解 |
[08:14] | Professor Rhoades. I’m… | 罗兹教授 我是… |
[08:16] | Oh, I know… Catherine Brant. | 我认识你… 凯瑟琳·布兰特 |
[08:18] | I heard you were up here. | 我听说过你也在这儿教书 |
[08:19] | Read your book, even. | 我还读过你的著作 |
[08:21] | Which one? I’ve written six. | 哪一本 我写过六本 |
[08:22] | Well, the one everyone read. The O Gap. | 就是大家都爱读的那本 《高潮间隙》 |
[08:25] | Was it helpful? | 对你有帮助吗 |
[08:27] | Well, I’m not saying that I needed it, just that… | 我并不是说我需要读它 只是… |
[08:29] | Why is it that every time I ask men if it was helpful, | 为什么每次我问男人这本书是否有帮助时 |
[08:31] | that’s the reaction I get? | 你们都是这个反应 |
[08:33] | Women just give me hugs of thanks. | 女性则会给我拥抱与感谢 |
[08:35] | Are you asking for a hug? | 你是要我拥抱你吗 |
[08:36] | No. | 不 |
[08:38] | I am here with an ask, though. | 不过我的确是有求于你 |
[08:40] | I teach in the sociology department. | 我在社会学系教书 |
[08:42] | And this year, this week, in fact, | 今年 准确地说 就是这周 |
[08:45] | I’m lecturing on your speech. | 我会在课上讲你的那段演讲 |
[08:47] | Ah. Which one? I have given many. | 哪一段 我做过不少演讲 |
[08:50] | The one everyone saw. | 就是那段众目睽睽之下 |
[08:52] | The one about owning your sexuality. | 谈及你自己性癖 |
[08:54] | And not being ashamed of it. | 且并不感到羞耻的演讲 |
[08:55] | Was it helpful? | 那对你有帮助吗 |
[08:56] | Yes. | 当然 |
[08:57] | See how easy that is. | 瞧瞧这也没多难呀 |
[09:00] | For you. Yeah. | 对你来说 不假 |
[09:01] | So here’s my ask: Would you come to my class? | 我有个小请求 你可以来我的课堂吗 |
[09:05] | Let me ask you some questions? | 让我向你提几个问题 |
[09:07] | Let the students ask you some? | 让学生提点问题 |
[09:09] | While the idea of spending some time together sounds fun. | 一起上课这个想法听起来不错 |
[09:13] | The idea of talking about the Overton Window and my life… | 但是要讲讲奥弗顿之窗和我的生活 |
[09:17] | uh, it sounds like root canal. | 听着就很牙疼 |
[09:20] | I’m trying to leave it behind. | 我在尝试忘记它 |
[09:22] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[09:24] | Still going to teach it. | 但我还是会教这个的 |
[09:25] | Well, as you should. | 应该的 |
[09:26] | I’m about to teach my first criminal law class. | 我正要开始教第一堂刑法课 |
[09:29] | And I didn’t ask the permission of the criminals. | 我也没征得那些罪犯的同意 |
[09:32] | Would you mind if I sat in the back and listened? | 你介意我坐在后排旁听吗 |
[09:35] | Please do. | 当然不介意 |
[09:46] | Good day. I’m Chuck Rhoades. | 大家好 我是查克·罗兹 |
[09:50] | And as my Criminal Law professor said on day one: | 正如我的刑法教授当年开课第一天说的 |
[09:53] | I will do you the courtesy of treating you like professionals. | 我会尊重你们 把你们当专业人士对待 |
[09:58] | Do me the same. | 请同样对待我 |
[10:00] | Now… | 现在 |
[10:01] | Is there a Mr. Kelly in attendance? | 凯利先生到了吗 |
[10:04] | Yeppers. | 这呢 |
[10:07] | We stand when addressing one another. | 我们和人对话的时候会站起来 |
[10:09] | This isn’t college. | 这里不是大学 |
[10:11] | You will address a judge one day. | 将来 你会和法官对话 |
[10:13] | And you will not be sitting on your keister when you do. | 到时候你可不能坐着说话 |
[10:15] | Now, I assigned Bordenkircher by email. | 我通过邮件给大家布置了学习”伯顿科歇尔诉哈叶斯”案 |
[10:18] | Tell me the facts and the law. | 告诉我案件事实和涉及法律 |
[10:21] | I… I pass. | 我 我放弃 |
[10:25] | As my Crim prof told me the one time I wasn’t prepared: | 我的刑法教授在我唯一一次没有课前预习时告诉我说 |
[10:28] | There is no pass. Only fail. | 没有放弃 只有失败 |
[10:30] | Since this was the first class, | 这才是第一次课 |
[10:32] | I thought it would be, like, introductory… | 我以为会是介绍性的 |
[10:33] | No, no. You have one chance. | 不 不 你只有一次机会 |
[10:35] | All of you: If you are not prepared with a brief | 大家都听好了 如果我叫到你的名字 |
[10:37] | when I call your name, | 而你没准备好案情摘要 |
[10:39] | you will be asked to leave that day’s class. | 就请你离开当天的课堂 |
[10:41] | If you miss two classes total, | 如果你缺课两次 |
[10:43] | you will have to take crim law again. | 你就需要重修刑法学了 |
[10:46] | – Professor Rhoades. – Yes? | – 罗兹教授 – 怎么了 |
[10:48] | This isn’t how it’s done now. | 现在这里不这么教学了 |
[10:49] | We’re here to learn together. Not to be shamed. | 我们是来学习的 不是来被羞辱的 |
[10:52] | Oh, I hardly think I shamed… | 我不觉得我羞辱了… |
[10:53] | We don’t learn best under this kind of pressure. | 在这种压力下 我们达不到最佳学习效果 |
[10:56] | That’s been proven now… | 这是有科学证明的… |
[10:59] | Holy shit, guys. And yeah, guys. | 我去 伙计们 没错 伙计们 |
[11:01] | I’m calling all of you guys, men, women, enbies. | 无论你们是男是女 或其他性别 我都管你们都叫伙计 |
[11:03] | And I have tenure. So suck it if you don’t like it. | 我有终身教职 所以你不喜欢也没办法 |
[11:06] | You have the rarest of opportunities here. | 在这里 你们拥有着最为珍贵的机会 |
[11:09] | This man has faced the harshest battles | 这个人经历过法庭上 |
[11:11] | the courts can throw at you. | 最为残酷的辩论 |
[11:13] | He sat where you now sit, | 他曾经就坐在你们坐的地方 |
[11:15] | and rose to the highest level a lawyer can. | 然后成长到律师的巅峰水平 |
[11:17] | And is ready to share all that. | 他打算与你们分享这些经验 |
[11:18] | And you…you lean back, | 而你们 你们退缩了 |
[11:21] | afraid to face your own intellectual limitations. | 不敢面对自己的智力局限 |
[11:24] | Instead, dive in. | 你们应该好好钻研 |
[11:27] | I know some of you, most of you, have done the reading, | 我知道你们当中有些人 大部分人 都熟读了案件 |
[11:31] | prepared your briefs and are ready. | 做了摘要 已经准备好了 |
[11:34] | So sit up straight. | 所以坐直了 |
[11:36] | Put your hands in the air, and let him see it. | 把手举起来 让他看见 |
[11:44] | Very well. | 很好 |
[11:46] | Uh. Who’s going to tell me about Bordenkircher? | 谁来给我讲讲”伯顿科歇尔诉哈叶斯”案 |
[11:52] | Yes. Green sweater near the back. | 好 后排绿毛衣的那位 |
[11:54] | State your name first. | 先说一下你的名字 |
[11:55] | I’m Mary Jane Marbach. | 我叫玛丽·简·马巴赫 |
[11:57] | Bordenkircher is about what a prosecutor | “伯顿科歇尔诉哈叶斯”案讲述的是 |
[11:59] | can threaten a defendant with. | 检察官能用什么来威胁被告 |
[12:01] | In the case, the prosecutor… | 在该案件中 检察官… |
[12:09] | Should I be concerned about | 我该为我在多拉尔·比尔 |
[12:10] | what I’m seeing on Dollar Bill’s sheet? | 资产负债表上的内容而担心吗 |
[12:15] | There may be some… issues at play there. | 可能有一些事正在发生 |
[12:17] | That you can’t discuss. | 而你不能说 |
[12:19] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[12:29] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[12:31] | In the session with Taylor. | 和泰勒的那段疗程 |
[12:33] | I didn’t like it at the time, but I see the wisdom of it now. | 当时我并不喜欢 但现在我看出好处了 |
[12:40] | I saw the tiger in there for a minute. | 有一瞬间 我看见了猛虎 |
[12:44] | It was bracing. | 很振奋人心 |
[12:46] | Well, even the great tamers need to remember | 即使是最厉害的驯兽师也需要记住 |
[12:48] | they’re dealing with wild animals. | 他们在和猛兽打交道 |
[12:59] | The, uh, community roots angle is playing a lot stronger | 扬克斯基层社区立场的影响力 |
[13:02] | than expected up in Yonkers. | 比我想象的要大得多 |
[13:04] | Maybe those roots are deeper than you thought they were. | 大概这些基层的根底比你想象的还要深远 |
[13:06] | Yeah. Maybe you’re right. | 可能你是对的 |
[13:08] | Being back at my old house… | “回到自己的老家…” |
[13:11] | I was using it as a set for the reporter. | 这话我是说给记者听的 |
[13:14] | Thought I was. | 我以为是 |
[13:15] | But this kid, Savion, | 但这个孩子 萨维恩 |
[13:19] | he was just like I was at that age. | 他跟我那时候一样大 |
[13:22] | Found myself wondering if he was burning to get out too. | 我发现自己在想 他是不是也在拼命想要走出去 |
[13:26] | You should dig into that when you go for dinner. | 你去吃晚饭的时候 应该多问问这点 |
[13:28] | Yeah. I will. | 我会的 |
[13:32] | Let me grab these for you. | 让我帮你们撤掉这些 |
[13:36] | Hey. One other thing you can help me with. | 还有一件事你可以帮我 |
[13:37] | You know my new artist…Tanner… I got working on commission. | 你知道我的新画家坦纳 收了我佣金画画的那个 |
[13:40] | – Yeah. – He’s not working. | – 知道 – 他没有在工作 |
[13:42] | Barely painted a stroke. | 一笔都没画 |
[13:44] | I don’t know if it’s painter’s block or whatever. | 我不知道是到瓶颈期了 还是什么的 |
[13:46] | But any suggestions how I can get him going? | 你知道怎么能让他开始工作吗 |
[13:50] | You know what? Let me talk to him. | 不如让我和他谈谈 |
[13:52] | I’ll see what occurs. | 我来看看会发生什么 |
[13:53] | That’d be great… | 那太好了 |
[13:56] | Ah, if you guys are all set. | 你们都吃好了吗 |
[13:58] | Yeah, we’re all good. Thanks, Chef. | 好了 谢谢 主厨 |
[14:00] | Delicious as always. | 和以往一样美味 |
[14:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:19] | This. | 这个 |
[14:22] | So much better with Chuck out of the picture. | 没有查克捣乱的日子真是太好了 |
[14:27] | No more, um… | 不再有… |
[14:30] | interference. | 阻碍 |
[14:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:33] | Yeah. It’s less complicated for sure… | 嗯 肯定是没那么复杂了… |
[14:41] | I should probably get back to the kids. | 我该回家看孩子们了 |
[14:43] | Okay… | 好的 |
[15:02] | Wendy, yeah? | 温迪 是吗 |
[15:04] | Axe said you’d be stopping by. | 阿克塞说过你会过来 |
[15:08] | You figured you’d start once I left? | 你觉得应该等我走了再开始 |
[15:11] | Oh, I already started. | 我已经开始了 |
[15:13] | I paint up here first. | 我先在这里画了几笔 |
[15:17] | Can you share your vision for these? | 能分享一下你对此的畅想吗 |
[15:18] | Or is it still… | 还是它还只是… |
[15:20] | Vision. | 畅想 |
[15:22] | I mean, I…You know, I can’t…I can’t talk it out. | 我… 我不能… 我不能说出来 |
[15:24] | Because then it’s just in the wind. | 因为说出来它就随风飘走了 |
[15:28] | You know? But it’s gonna be kickass. | 不过 这幅画会是个极品 |
[15:31] | So you can let Axe know. | 你跟阿克塞说一声 |
[15:35] | You know? | 成不 |
[15:36] | He’s definitely gonna feel his…his investment | 他绝对会觉得他的投资 |
[15:38] | was worthwhile. | 是值得的 |
[16:08] | You’re a trip. | 你真是个妙人 |
[16:09] | Hmm. I’ve been told. | 嗯 有人这么说过 |
[16:10] | But this moment isn’t about me. | 但这一刻与我无关 |
[16:12] | Those words: “Let Axe know.” | 刚才那句话 “跟阿克塞说一声” |
[16:16] | They can’t have felt good coming out of your mouth. | 这话从你嘴里说出来 感觉不大好吧 |
[16:18] | I don’t need a pep talk. | 我不需要人来鼓励士气 |
[16:20] | Well, you need something, bub. | 哥们 你需要一些东西 |
[16:21] | ‘Cause you’re scared out of your fucking mind. | 因为你被吓坏了 |
[16:23] | Bullshit. | 才没有 |
[16:25] | I’ve been painting since the fifth grade. | 我从五年级就开始画画 |
[16:27] | I sold my first painting in the ninth. | 九年级就卖出了第一幅 |
[16:29] | So why does this feel so different? | 那为什么这次感觉如此不同 |
[16:30] | Who said it does? | 谁说不同了 |
[16:31] | Do I need to stare at you again? | 我需要再盯你一次吗 |
[16:34] | Okay. Alright. | 好吧 好吧 |
[16:37] | When I start a new one, | 当我开始创造一幅新作品时 |
[16:40] | I… I like to walk around the city a lot | 我 我喜欢在城市里闲逛 |
[16:43] | until I feel special. | 直到我有特殊的感觉 |
[16:46] | Until I know I’m the only one in the world that can paint it. | 直到我知道 我是世界上唯一能画出来的人 |
[16:49] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:50] | Self-hypnosis. A confidence booster. | 自我催眠 自信扩增 |
[16:52] | But lately? | 最近呢 |
[16:55] | We sure someone’s not suffering | 某些人真的没有患有 |
[16:57] | 冒名顶替症候群 成功人士无法将自己的成功 归因于自己的能力 并总是担心有朝一日 会被他人识破自己其实是骗子 | |
[16:57] | from a dose of imposter syndrome? | 一定程度的冒名顶替症候群吗 |
[17:00] | I know what I can do. | 我知道我能做什么 |
[17:05] | So you’re fine then. | 所以你没事的 |
[17:11] | Alright. Alright. Alright. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 |
[17:17] | I can’t get the feeling. | 我没有灵感 |
[17:21] | Ever since I… I… I signed the contract | 自从我… 我… 我签了合同 |
[17:23] | and I agreed to the commission, I… I… | 同意了拿佣金 我… 我… |
[17:28] | The walks are getting longer, | 闲逛的时间越来越长 |
[17:30] | and ‘special’ doesn’t seem to be around. | 而”特殊”的感觉却没出现 |
[17:32] | Accepting this commission is a new step for you. | 接受佣金对你来说是新鲜事 |
[17:36] | And you can’t figure out what it means… | 你不知道它代表了什么 |
[17:39] | what it says about who you are. | 它怎么定义你是谁 |
[17:41] | No. I know what it says… I’m a sellout. | 不 我知道它的定义 我是个出售品 |
[17:44] | Nah. | 不 |
[17:46] | Too simple. | 太简单了 |
[17:48] | I mean, you can vilify the money, if you want. | 只要你想 你就可以诽谤金钱 |
[17:51] | But blame it for your blockage, if it helps you get past it. | 如果这样能帮到你 那就把灵感枯竭归咎于它好了 |
[17:55] | It’s like Oscar Wilde said: | 就像奥斯卡·王尔德说的 |
[17:57] | “When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. | “当银行家们一起吃饭 他们讨论艺术 |
[18:00] | When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money.” | 当艺术家们一起吃饭 他们讨论金钱” |
[18:04] | The money shouldn’t change anything. | 金钱不应该改变任何事 |
[18:06] | But it does. | 但它会 |
[18:08] | It’s got me all up in my head. | 它占满了我的脑子 |
[18:10] | That’s because you’re thinking of it | 因为你把它当做 |
[18:11] | as the measure of your artistic value, | 对你艺术价值的评价 |
[18:12] | and that’s never been what’s motivated you before. | 而这从来都不是你的动力 |
[18:14] | Whenever I work, I… I don’t even… | 以前我画画 我甚至… |
[18:17] | I don’t even imagine a buyer’s face. | 我甚至都不会想象买家长什么样 |
[18:20] | I don’t even think about it. I force myself not to. | 我甚至不去想 我强迫自己不想 |
[18:22] | And all I can think about now is his reaction to my work. | 而我现在想的 是他会对我的作品有何反应 |
[18:26] | That’s because someone, at some time, | 那是因为有人在某个时刻 |
[18:29] | probably your mom or dad, | 可能是你爸或你妈 |
[18:32] | made you feel like a disappointment. | 让你觉得你令人失望了 |
[18:33] | So now you’re substituting him for them. | 现在你把他当做了他们 |
[18:36] | Maybe a gym teacher. | 或者是体育老师 |
[18:38] | Nope. I was good at sports. | 不 我体育很好 |
[18:46] | Point is. You’re on the precipice | 重点是 你现在站在 |
[18:50] | of the kind of success very few artists ever have. | 鲜有艺术家能达到的成功之巅 |
[18:52] | But you have created an obstruction | 但你在你和成功之间 |
[18:54] | between you and that success. | 设立了一个阻碍 |
[18:56] | Instead… | 你应该… |
[19:12] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[19:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:23] | Now, visualize yourself | 现在 想象你自己 |
[19:27] | on the other side, | 已经画好了 |
[19:29] | successful, | 一帆风顺 |
[19:31] | satisfied, | 心满意足 |
[19:34] | confident. | 信心百倍 |
[19:36] | See the work… | 看到你的作品 |
[19:39] | your best. | 你最好作品 |
[19:42] | See that it all turned out okay. | 看到一切都很顺利 |
[19:45] | That you didn’t fuck up your muse. | 你并没有毁掉你的灵感 |
[19:49] | See the effort it took to get you there. | 看到你为了成功而付出的努力 |
[19:56] | Now go create the fucking painting. | 现在 你他妈的赶紧画画去 |
[20:05] | Does that work for your aggro trader bros? | 这招对你那些证券交易人管用吗 |
[20:09] | Really? | 真的管用吗 |
[20:10] | ‘Cause it kind of sounds like bullshit to me. | 我听着怎么跟废话差不多呢 |
[20:14] | Well, your excuses kind of sound like bullshit to me, pal. | 哥们 我觉着你的理由就挺像废话的 |
[20:22] | See you on the other side. | 等你画好了我们再见 |
[20:30] | Breakfast fit for a shark: | 一份适合创智赢家的早餐 |
[20:34] | A little Eggs Benny and hollandaise. | 浇有荷兰沙司的火腿蛋吐司 |
[20:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:37] | Thanks, Chef. | 谢了 主厨 |
[20:42] | So… | 话说… |
[20:44] | Besides wanting to catch up, | 除了想聊聊 |
[20:45] | I wanted to talk to you about something more specific. | 我还想跟你谈点更具体的事 |
[20:48] | Yeah. I figured. | 嗯 我就知道 |
[20:49] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[20:50] | Opportunity Zone, up in Yonkers. | 扬克斯市商机区 |
[20:52] | – The old patch. – That’s right. | – 那块老地皮 – 没错 |
[20:54] | I got big plans: a pedestrian mall downtown… | 我有个大计划 在市中心建一个步行街 |
[20:58] | revitalized shopping, cultural, residential, office space. | 重新激活购物 文化 住宅 以及办公空间 |
[21:02] | The town could use a shot in the arm. | 这座城镇需要一针强心剂 |
[21:03] | Uh, you know what? It sure could. | 你知道吗 这是当然的了 |
[21:05] | And many people there will do well, | 那里的许多人会做得很好 |
[21:07] | but some will do better. | 不过有些人会做得更好 |
[21:10] | I don’t need it. | 我不需要打气 |
[21:12] | But I am happy to put in the labor. | 不过 我很乐意出一份力 |
[21:14] | And I would love for you to be an important part of the board. | 我希望你能成为委员会的重要成员 |
[21:17] | Take a minute to think about it if you need to, | 如果有必要的话 你就考虑一下 |
[21:18] | but we got to move quick. | 不过我们动作得快点了 |
[21:20] | I get it. You want me to be your face…your brown face. | 我懂的 你想让我成为你的有色人种形象代言人 |
[21:24] | You want me to do a little dance for you for the zoning folks. | 你想让我帮你讨好那帮土地分区管理负责人 |
[21:30] | You want me to hook you up and give you an in-road | 你想让我帮你牵线搭桥 帮你融入 |
[21:32] | with the minority community, right? | 少数族群社区 对吧 |
[21:34] | I want you to be my partner. | 我想让你当我的合伙人 |
[21:36] | Axe, you know I’m not gonna be your puppet…or anybody else’s. | 阿克塞 我不会当你或是任何人的傀儡 |
[21:40] | Why don’t you bring me things | 你怎么就不给我弄点 |
[21:42] | that you would bring Bensinger or Buffett? | 你会弄给本辛格或巴菲特的生意呢 |
[21:52] | Daymond John passed. | 戴蒙德·约翰不同意 |
[21:54] | He always was sharp. | 他一直都很敏锐 |
[21:55] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[21:56] | I have intel: Mike Prince has been meeting | 我有情报 迈克·普林斯会见了 |
[21:58] | with community leaders in Yonkers. | 扬克斯的社区领袖 |
[22:00] | He’s building grassroots support. | 他正在赢取基层支持 |
[22:01] | And he already has a history of Opportunity Zone wins | 他在亚特兰大 底特律等地都有成功拿下 |
[22:04] | – in Atlanta, Detroit… – Fucker. | – 商机区项目的经验 – 卧槽 |
[22:05] | So we still need someone on our team to ensure you beat his ass. | 所以我们还需要某个人的加入 确保你能打败他 |
[22:09] | Someone with strong community ties, | 一个有着强大的社区联系 |
[22:11] | strong business track record, part of the firmament… | 强大的商业业绩记录 上层社会的一份子… |
[22:14] | a diversity business partner from New York. | 一位来自纽约的多元化商业伙伴 |
[22:16] | Here’s the list of names. | 这是名单 |
[22:21] | Gonna need to dig out my sporting gear. | 得把我的运动装备找出来了 |
[22:45] | Nice game. | 打得不错 |
[22:46] | I love the tradition of this. | 我超喜欢这个传统 |
[22:48] | The guys who invented this game definitely never pictured | 发明这项运动的人绝对不会想到 |
[22:50] | a couple of gents like us playing it. | 会有两个我们这样的绅士玩家 |
[22:52] | I think that’s why I took it up in the first place. | 我想这就是我选择这项运动的原因 |
[22:55] | Because “Screw them?” | 因为”去他们丫的” |
[22:57] | Fuck ’em. Yeah. | 对 去他们丫的 |
[22:59] | That’s why I thought a match like this | 所以我觉着 安排这么一场比赛 |
[23:01] | was a perfect setup for our subject today. | 对我们今天的话题来说最完美不过了 |
[23:04] | I’m glad that you waited till after we played. | 我很高兴 你是等我们比赛结束后才开口 |
[23:06] | Well, you know, I can be patient, when I need to be. | 有必要的时候 我也是有耐心的 |
[23:09] | But not for too long when I got | 可当有这么好的项目的时候 |
[23:10] | something this good on the table. | 我的耐心也是有限的 |
[23:12] | And what would this be? | 你指的是什么项目呢 |
[23:13] | Opportunity… Opportunity Zone. | 机遇… 商机区 |
[23:18] | I’m of a couple of different minds about these. | 我对此有不同的看法 |
[23:20] | No, yeah. I know. | 嗯 我知道 |
[23:21] | How do you make sure the zones | 你要如何确保这些区域 |
[23:22] | are the ones getting all the opportunities? | 可以得到所有的机遇呢 |
[23:24] | Developers score. | 靠开发商评分嘛 |
[23:26] | Meanwhile, residents are sitting there same as before… | 与此同时 居民们只有能承担得起 |
[23:29] | if they can even afford to stay | 住在同一个活跃社区的费用时 |
[23:30] | in the same jazzed-up neighborhood. | 才能像以前一样住在那里 |
[23:32] | That’s why I need you, Franklin. | 所以我需要你 富兰克林 |
[23:34] | That’s not the only reason. | 这不是唯一的原因 |
[23:36] | I know what you need. | 我知道你需要什么 |
[23:37] | Plenty of African American businessmen I could go to. | 我能找的非裔美国商人有很多 |
[23:40] | You bring much more. | 而你能带来更多的益处 |
[23:42] | And you’ll keep me, and my team, in line. | 你会管束我和我的团队 |
[23:44] | Come on. Think of the positive effects this’ll have. | 来吧 想想这会对我们所服务的社区 |
[23:46] | On the communities we serve. And on us. | 以及我们自身带来的积极影响 |
[23:50] | Your usual method is to dump money from above. | 你通常的法子就是砸钱 |
[23:52] | Why the boots on the ground for this one? | 这一次怎么就脚踏实地了 |
[23:54] | Well, because this one matters to me. | 因为这一次对我很重要 |
[23:56] | Yonkers. I grew up there. | 我就是在扬克斯市长大的 |
[23:58] | Can’t allow some goddamned stranger | 我不能容忍某个天杀的陌生人 |
[24:00] | to come squat all over my ancestral lands. | 占据我祖先的土地 |
[24:05] | Look. | 你想 |
[24:06] | This is a win for us, and a final “Screw you” | 这对我们来说是一场胜利 |
[24:09] | to the type of folks who built places like this, | 也是我们对那种建造了这种地方 |
[24:11] | to keep guys like us on the outside looking in. | 却将我们这些人拦在外面的人的终极”去你丫的” |
[24:17] | Send me the proposal. | 把提案发给我 |
[24:18] | I’m so glad you’re in town. | 你能来我真的太高兴了 |
[24:20] | Dying to catch up. | 早就想跟你聊聊了 |
[24:24] | Let’s talk about where I went wrong. | 咱聊聊我哪做错了 |
[24:26] | Where I went right. | 我哪做对了 |
[24:27] | There’s lots of lost time to make up for. | 有太多失去的时光需要弥补 |
[24:30] | I have the meatloaf, a yam and cheese for you. | 我吃烘肉卷 甘薯和奶酪是你的 |
[24:34] | I’d like to say grace. | 我想做祷告 |
[24:36] | That’s not just a dinner thing? | 不是只有晚餐才祷告的嘛 |
[24:37] | Not if you mean it. | 只要你是认真的 那就不是了 |
[24:45] | Heavenly Father, thank you for this time here together | 天父 感谢您赐予我与生父 |
[24:48] | with my earthly father. | 团聚的时光 |
[24:49] | Please bless this food for the nourishment of our bodies | 请赐福于这为我们身体增添营养的食物 |
[24:52] | and bless our fellowship for the nourishment of our hearts. | 赐福于滋养我们心灵的团契 |
[24:55] | Help me walk the path. | 助我踏上这条道路 |
[24:56] | Help me rend myself from evil. | 助我脱离邪恶 |
[24:58] | Help me stoke the fire and keep my promise to lift the fallen. | 助我添把火 助我遵守诺言 扶起堕落之人 |
[25:02] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[25:04] | Did you ad lib that? | 你这是即兴祷告 |
[25:06] | I like to speak to God from my heart, not a prayer book. | 我喜欢用心与上帝对话 而不是照着祈祷书念 |
[25:09] | I was going to offer you a job here. | 我本来打算给你在这里找份工作的 |
[25:10] | But if you can keep a straight face with this bullshit, | 不过 你要是能一直这么一本正经地叨叨鬼神 |
[25:12] | I will fund your ministry myself. | 我会亲自资助你搞个牧师职位 |
[25:14] | Because you, my young acolyte, will make a mint. | 因为你 我的小辅祭 会赚大钱的 |
[25:17] | I’m not interested in money. | 我对钱没兴趣 |
[25:18] | Then why are you here? | 那你干什么来了 |
[25:22] | I don’t want to keep my true intentions hidden. | 我不想隐藏我的真实意图 |
[25:24] | Please, unburden yourself. | 请吐露你的心事 |
[25:27] | What are you really after? | 你到底是来干什么的 |
[25:28] | What do you have up the sleeve of your vestments? | 你的”祭坛布”里有什么秘密 |
[25:30] | I’m here to save you… your soul. | 我是来拯救你 拯救你的灵魂的 |
[25:35] | Let me baptize you… | 让我为你施浸礼吧 |
[25:37] | from what can I see around here, | 据我所知 |
[25:41] | saving you’s only gonna be the beginning. | 拯救你的灵魂只是个开始 |
[25:52] | 生酮饮食 一种非常严格的高脂肪低碳饮食法 国外很多人通过这样的饮食法减肥 改善健康 逆转糖尿病 治疗癌症 癫痫 阿尔兹海默症等等 | |
[25:52] | Sorry to talk and eat, but I’m doing the keto thing, | 抱歉 只能边吃边聊了 我正在采用生酮饮食法 |
[25:55] | – and I’m on a schedule. – Not at all. | – 而且我还有事 – 没关系 |
[25:56] | 捕捉释放到大气中的二氧化碳 压缩后放至枯竭的油田和天然气领域或其他安全地下场所 吸引力在于能减少燃烧化石燃料产生的温室气体 | |
[25:56] | So glad you gave us this chance to talk carbon capture. | 很高兴您能给我们讨论碳捕获技术的机会 |
[25:59] | Is that what we’re talking? | 我们聊的是这个啊 |
[26:00] | As you know, the price has really been dropping. | 您也知道 价格确实在下降 |
[26:02] | It’s lower than 94 dollars a ton. | 现在一吨的价格低于九十四美元 |
[26:04] | But the real road to profitability | 而真正盈利的途径 |
[26:05] | is using captured CO2 to create synthetic fuel. | 是利用捕获二氧化碳制造合成燃料 |
[26:08] | Uh huh. Ca-ching. | 嗯嗯 票子 |
[26:10] | Expensive. Know what I mean? | 贵啊 知道我什么意思吧 |
[26:12] | At a dollar a liter, it’s almost in line. | 一升一美元 简直白给啊 |
[26:14] | And that’s before you calculate the state tax incentives. | 而且 这还没有算上各州的税收优惠 |
[26:17] | In California, for example… | 比如说在加利福尼亚… |
[26:18] | Yeah, I crawled my way up the corporate ladder | 嗯 我费尽心思爬进公司管理层 |
[26:21] | so I could become a tax-grubber. | 就是为了占点税收便宜的 |
[26:22] | Mr. Lambert…Dell… try to think of it | 兰伯特先生 戴尔 试着把它想象成 |
[26:26] | as an evolutionary timeline question. | 一个进化时间表的问题 |
[26:29] | We all have to get started somewhere. | 万事都得有个起点 |
[26:31] | Exactly. Move past the fear. | 正是 要克服恐惧 |
[26:33] | 丰田普锐斯 日本丰田汽车于1997年所推出 世界上第一个大规模生产的混合动力车辆车款 其最大的市场是日本和北美 | |
[26:33] | When Toyota launched the Prius, | 当丰田推出普锐斯时 |
[26:34] | they lost money on every single car. | 每一辆车都是赔钱的 |
[26:36] | – But now… – When they launched the Prius | – 可现在… – 他们推出普锐斯的时候 |
[26:38] | my blood pressure went up by 25 points. | 我的血压也就上升了二十五个毫米汞柱 |
[26:40] | And I’m not afraid of a goddamn thing. | 我可是个天不怕地不怕的人 |
[26:43] | Look, you ladies seem like | 女士们 我看出来了 |
[26:44] | you have your hearts in the right place… | 你们心地很善良 |
[26:46] | but those hearts are bleeding a little bit too much for me. | 可是这种善良会让我大出血啊 |
[26:49] | All the same to you, if I’m gonna get worked, | 反正你们都是一个公司的 如果我要被人说服的话 |
[26:51] | I’d rather Axe do it. | 我倒情愿是阿克塞来 |
[26:52] | After all, he’s the one who bought into my company | 毕竟 当初入股我家公司的是他 |
[26:54] | in the first place, not you. | 不是你们 |
[26:57] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢光临 |
[27:05] | – I don’t ghost anymore. – That’s great, Mafee! | – 我早就不装幽灵了 – 不错啊 玛斐 |
[27:07] | Like growing up! | 长大了 |
[27:08] | But occasionally, I’ll kind of just like | 不过偶尔 我是不会 |
[27:09] | not really respond in a timely… | 及时回复… |
[27:12] | Oooh, I think that’s still not great. | 我还是觉得这样不好 |
[27:13] | What a fucking softboi you are, Mafee. | 玛斐 你可真是个假暖男 |
[27:16] | Why do we have to label everything? | 我们为什么要给所有东西都贴上标签呢 |
[27:17] | Exactly what a softboi says | 这就是假暖男在女生问 |
[27:18] | when you ask if you’re his girlfriend. | 自己是不是他女友时说的话 |
[27:20] | I thought that’s a fuckboi. | 我还以为那是拔吊无情男说的 |
[27:21] | No. A fuckboi doesn’t stay in your apartment | 非也 拔吊无情男溜得快 是不会让你有机会 |
[27:23] | long enough for you to ask. | 在公寓问这个问题的 |
[27:25] | He’s not a fuckboi or a softboi. | 他不是拔吊无情男也不是假暖男 |
[27:28] | In college, we called him Doughboy. | 在大学的时候 我们管他这种人叫面团小子 |
[27:29] | Ohh. Come here, Pillsbury! | 面团宝宝 快过来 |
[27:34] | Hey, Mafee! We need you at the home shop. | 嗨 玛斐 到公司这边来一下 |
[27:36] | You know, where you work. | 也就是你上班的地方 |
[27:46] | Skipper, we’ve got Mike Prince | 船长 迈克·普林斯又出手了 |
[27:47] | like a case of goddamned dandruff on our heads again. | 跟该死的头皮屑似的 没完没了 |
[27:50] | He’s making a move at Franklin Sacker’s company. | 他对富兰克林·塞克的公司下手了 |
[27:52] | Buying up huge blocks of stock. | 买进了大量的股票 |
[27:54] | Oh. That’s because he knows Franklin’s with me, | 那是因为他知道富兰克林是跟我一起的 |
[27:56] | and he’s trying to pressure him to drop out of Yonkers. | 想对他施压 让他退出扬克斯的项目 |
[27:58] | But this time, he’s on my turf… | 不过这一次 他可是在我的地盘上… |
[27:59] | and if he tries to wreck the buffet at the Harrow Club, | 要是他想毁掉哈罗俱乐部的自助餐 |
[28:02] | I’ll toss him on his ass. | 看我不把他丢出去 |
[28:03] | Like Victor Maitland did to Axel Foley? | 就像维克托·梅特兰对付艾克索·弗利那样 |
[28:05] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[28:06] | Though upon thinking about it, | 不过再想一下 |
[28:08] | things didn’t work out too great for Maitland. | 梅特兰的结局有点惨啊 |
[28:10] | No. But it must have felt good in the moment. | 是不好 可杠上的那一刻感觉肯定爆爽无比 |
[28:12] | Yeah. But we can’t give in to feeling good in the moment. | 嗯 可咱不能沉溺于一时的好心情 |
[28:16] | We have to win. | 我们必须赢了他 |
[28:21] | Right in here. | 就在里面 |
[28:24] | Mr. Sacker, I’ve admired your work from a distance. | 塞克先生 久仰大名 |
[28:28] | I’m glad to finally meet you up close. | 终于得见尊容 不胜欣喜 |
[28:29] | Is it that same admiration that’s driving you | 你想要和我结盟 |
[28:32] | to try to partner up with me? | 也是因为我的大名 |
[28:33] | Because I’ve gotta admit it feels like a shotgun marriage. | 因为说实话 太像赶鸭子上架了 |
[28:36] | It’s true. I’ve bought up enough shares of your company | 没错 我买入了贵公司足够的股份 |
[28:38] | to take three board seats. | 得到了三个董事会的席位 |
[28:40] | With that I’ll have the power to oust you. | 足够罢免你了 |
[28:42] | Unless I withdraw from Axe’s Opportunity Fund. | 除非我从阿克塞的商机区基金撤资 |
[28:45] | Your words, not mine. | 这是你说的 我可没这么说 |
[28:46] | But any company I sit the board on | 不过 任何一家有我在董事会任职的公司 |
[28:48] | needs to have a CEO with unquestionable ethics. | 都需要一位道德操守毋庸置疑的CEO |
[28:57] | Tough talk, Mike. | 言论很强硬嘛 迈克 |
[29:00] | Ah, the old ambuscade. | 啊 有埋伏啊 |
[29:03] | I was wondering how you were staying so frosty, sir. | 我刚才还纳闷呢 您怎么会这么冷静的呢 先生 |
[29:06] | You can buy up all the shares you want, | 你尽可以买下你想要的股份 |
[29:08] | and you can threaten this fine, upstanding man. | 也尽管威胁这位优秀正直之人 |
[29:11] | But you won’t outflank him, or me. | 但你赢不了他 也赢不了我 |
[29:13] | ‘Cause I’ll buy three times more than you | 因为我会买下三倍于你的股份 |
[29:15] | and I’ll stack the boardroom to block you… | 我还会堵住董事会的门 |
[29:17] | Oh, and I’ll be sure to tell everyone, especially the press, | 哦 我还会告诉所有人 尤其是媒体 |
[29:19] | how the great Michael Thomas Aquinas Prince | 了不起的迈克尔·托马斯·阿奎那斯·普林斯 |
[29:22] | is trying to run an African American man | 是怎么把一个非裔美国人 |
[29:24] | out of his own C-suite. | 驱逐出他自己的公司的 |
[29:25] | You would try to make this about race… | 你想把这场竞争变成种族冲突… |
[29:27] | No, you did… | 不 是你想 |
[29:28] | I’m pursuing the O.Z. in Yonkers for the right reason… | 我争取扬克斯的商机区是出于正当的理由 |
[29:31] | – And I’m not? – I don’t know what you’re doing, | – 我就不是吗 – 我不知道你在干什么 |
[29:33] | but I’ll tell you right now, Axelrod: | 但我现在就可以告诉你 阿克塞尔罗德 |
[29:35] | I hate it when people fuck with my money. | 我讨厌有人乱搞我的钱 |
[29:37] | Whoa, listen to the filthy mouth on Saint Mike! | 哇哦 听啊 圣人迈克口吐芬芳了啊 |
[29:49] | Good to know he rattles. | 很高兴看到他乱了方寸 |
[29:50] | You must have that effect on many. | 你肯定对很多人都有这种影响 |
[30:17] | Keep a close eye on it, this neighborhood. | 盯好这一带 |
[30:30] | Housewarming gift. | 乔迁礼物 |
[30:32] | Nothing makes a place feel like home | 没有什么比热烘烘的烤面包香气 |
[30:33] | as much as the smell of warm bread baking. | 更有家的感觉了 |
[30:36] | What is that, a thousand-dollar bread maker? | 那是什么 价值一千大洋的面包机 |
[30:39] | That’ll do wonders for my street cred. | 会对我的街头信誉产生奇效哦 |
[30:41] | Which is why this thing should find itself | 所以这东西应该存在于 |
[30:43] | ensconced in an Upper East Side classic seven. | 上东区的经典七室公寓 |
[30:47] | I’m not running for Congress there. | 我又不竞选那里的议员 |
[30:51] | I get the grassroots thing, Kate, | 我明白你想在基层拓展事业 凯特 |
[30:53] | but why not move back and run on the UES? | 可你为什么不搬回上东区 在那里竞选呢 |
[30:55] | Steamroll the process with money. | 用金钱压倒一切 |
[30:58] | I can make real change here. Which will get noticed. | 在这里我能真正施展拳脚 被关注到 |
[31:02] | Hard for a congressperson to break out otherwise. | 否则 国会议员是很难突破常规的 |
[31:04] | And in terms of steamrolling with money…hell yeah. | 至于用金钱压倒一切 是啊 |
[31:06] | We will do that…here. | 我们会在这里干 |
[31:09] | How else do we combat the notion | 否则要怎么对抗 |
[31:10] | that I’m not really connected to the community? | “我根本不属于这个社区”的说法呢 |
[31:13] | That’s what my opponents will be selling. | 我的对手们会这么说的 |
[31:14] | So tell your friends to get their checkbooks ready. | 告诉你的朋友们 准备好支票本吧 |
[31:18] | That won’t be a problem. | 没有问题 |
[31:20] | And, uh…I hope this won’t either. | 并且 我希望这件事也没有问题 |
[31:24] | Ah, the reason for the visit… | 啊 来访原因 |
[31:29] | I’m working with Bobby Axelrod on the Yonkers Opportunity Zone. | 我正跟博比·阿克塞尔罗德合作开发扬克斯的商机区 |
[31:33] | Jesus, Dad. | 天呐 老爸 |
[31:40] | Axe is using you as a pawn… | 阿克塞在拿你做筏子 |
[31:42] | thinks you’re insulated from the law because of me, | 因为我 他觉得你不受法律约束 |
[31:44] | and that the diversity crowd will like you | 而且有色人种也会喜欢你 |
[31:45] | because you are one of them. | 因为你也是其中一员 |
[31:47] | Let’s assume that’s true. | 就算是这样 |
[31:48] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[31:49] | In business, everyone puts his own interests first. | 生意嘛 每个人都把自己的利益放在第一位 |
[31:52] | Recognizing that is a key to success. | 认清这一点才是打开成功之门的钥匙 |
[31:55] | But want to or not, Axe is gonna have to do good | 情愿与否 阿克塞都会 |
[31:57] | for an underprivileged neighborhood. | 为一个贫困社区做好事 |
[31:58] | And I’ll be there to make sure of it. | 我会参与其中 保证其实现 |
[32:00] | You’re not the only person | 你不是唯一一个 |
[32:01] | who’s walked into a kissing booth with Bobby Axelrod | 自以为跟博比·阿克塞尔罗德扯上了关系 |
[32:03] | certain they wouldn’t come out pregnant. | 自己还能安然无事的人 |
[32:05] | Stop channeling your boss. | 别学你的上司了 |
[32:07] | Axe has already come through for me. | 阿克塞已经帮我度过了难关 |
[32:08] | He just backed me in a proxy fight against Mike Prince. | 他刚帮我在争夺委托投票权之战中击退了麦克·普林斯 |
[32:11] | Because he needed you. | 因为他需要你 |
[32:12] | That’ll all go away when he doesn’t anymore. | 等他用不上你了 就不帮你了 |
[32:31] | Drink, Sacker? | 喝点吗 塞克 |
[32:32] | No. I’m good. I, uh…I need to talk… | 不用了 我挺好 我有话要说 |
[32:37] | Go ahead. | 直说吧 |
[32:39] | I’ve forgotten secrets you wouldn’t believe. | 我什么秘密都忘了 |
[32:41] | Yeah. It’s fine. Proceed. | 对 没事的 说吧 |
[32:42] | I don’t suppose anybody wants to step in and help? | 我想 没有人愿意插手帮个忙喽 |
[32:46] | – I’m good… – I don’t know how. | – 我很好 – 我不会弄 |
[32:48] | Well, you just… how can you not know how? | 你才刚… 你怎么能不知道 |
[32:51] | I act like I can’t do anything and I hire people who can. | 我表现得像是什么都不会 然后雇人来干 |
[32:54] | Well, I’m trying to teach the kids to do for themselves. | 好吧 我正教孩子们自己动手 丰衣足食呢 |
[32:58] | Never mind. Ms. Sacker. | 无所谓了 塞克小姐 |
[33:00] | My father has teamed up with Axelrod. | 我父亲和阿克塞尔罗德结盟了 |
[33:02] | – Yonkers? – Yep. | – 扬克斯市 – 是的 |
[33:04] | I felt a duty to inform, but I don’t want you going after him. | 我觉得有责任报告 但我不想你针对他 |
[33:08] | Well, you can try to persuade him to step aside, | 好吧 你可以劝他退出 |
[33:10] | but if he won’t… he will be a fair target. | 不然的话 他就要成为活靶子了 |
[33:13] | These are the waters. | 这些都是涓涓细流 |
[33:14] | Kings start making mistakes. | 国王开始犯错 |
[33:15] | Sometimes they fall, | 有时他们会跌倒 |
[33:16] | and the crown gets stolen or passed down. | 然后要么王冠被偷 要么王位易主 |
[33:19] | Verily… | 真实 |
[33:21] | Oh, and I learned something else from my dad: | 我还从我爸那里知道了些别的消息 |
[33:25] | Axe and Mike Prince are like two dogs fighting over the same bone | 阿克塞和迈克·普林斯在他和商机区这件事上 |
[33:28] | when it comes to him and the Opportunity Zone… | 斗得跟两条为骨头打架的狗一样 |
[33:32] | Make sure to match the lefts with the rights. | 左右脚要匹配 |
[33:35] | There are lefts and rights? | 这还分左右 |
[33:40] | You know, Axelrod hasn’t gone after me at all in this. | 阿克塞尔罗德没在这件事情上为难过我 |
[33:44] | He’s given me a free pass. | 他直接放了我 |
[33:45] | Which means… | 也就是说 |
[33:46] | Mike Prince is Axe’s real enemy. | 麦克·普林斯才是阿克塞真正的敌人 |
[33:53] | I know how to work this. | 我知道该怎么做了 |
[34:05] | Hey. Ok. So your rap might not be total bullshit. | 嗨 好吧 你的话还是有点用的 |
[34:09] | Look. | 看 |
[34:13] | There we go. | 成了 |
[34:15] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[34:17] | Well. You’ll be the first to see it when it’s done. | 画作完成后 你会是第一个看的人 |
[34:19] | I better be. | 那样最好 |
[34:42] | Welcome home, sir. | 欢迎回家 先生 |
[34:44] | And who are you? | 你又是谁 |
[34:45] | BJ and Sean are friends from Fellowship. | BJ和肖恩都是团契的朋友 |
[34:48] | We’re psyched to show you the way. | 我们都等不及要为您指路了 |
[34:49] | You’re gonna love our music, too. | 你也一定会爱上我们的音乐的 |
[34:51] | Come on. This way. | 走吧 这里 |
[34:54] | Georgie-Boy. | 乔吉好儿子 |
[34:55] | You wanted to find that closeness? | 你想重寻亲密的父子关系 |
[34:57] | This is it. | 这就是了 |
[35:00] | Wait until you feel this. | 感受过了再说 |
[35:20] | You said I didn’t need to bring a lawyer. | 你说我不用带律师的 |
[35:21] | Didn’t even go through my lawyer, so what do we got? | 我根本没让律师知道 所以什么事 |
[35:25] | You’re in a battle with Bobby Axelrod. | 你正和鲍比·阿克塞尔罗德竞争 |
[35:28] | Help me to help you beat him. | 帮我 让我帮你打败他 |
[35:31] | How would I do that? | 我要怎么做 |
[35:33] | If you announced a donation to the city of Yonkers, | 如果你宣布 不管结果如何 |
[35:37] | to be given after the decision, regardless of how it turns out, | 都会向扬克斯市捐款 |
[35:41] | Axe will move to bribe them or do something else illegal | 为了赢你 阿克塞绝对会去行贿 |
[35:45] | along those lines in order to win. | 或者做些别的违法勾当 |
[35:48] | And I will be there waiting. | 而我会等着他上钩 |
[35:52] | I give you your opportunity zone, you give me mine. | 我帮你得到抓阿克塞的机会 你帮我拿下商机区 |
[35:55] | Well put. | 说得好 |
[36:00] | I don’t know you. | 我不了解你 |
[36:03] | Or where the hell this is coming from. | 也不知道这主意怎么来的 |
[36:06] | But I’ll tell you straight up: | 但我会明明白白告诉你 |
[36:07] | I’ve steered clear of that line for a long while now; | 长久以来 我都遵规守矩 避开了这条界线 |
[36:11] | it’s served me well. | 我这样挺好的 |
[36:19] | Just think about it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[36:29] | Eight! | 八 |
[36:31] | Nine! | 九 |
[36:33] | Ten! | 十 |
[36:35] | Eleven! | 十一 |
[36:36] | – Stick in 15. – Twelve! | – 吃到十五个 – 十二 |
[36:38] | He was “Camp Champ” five years in a row. | 他可是冠军营连续五年的冠军 |
[36:41] | 棉花糖宝宝 出自电影《捉鬼敢死队》 一个巨大的 笨重的超自然的怪物 | |
[36:41] | He’s lobbying for Stay-Puft. | 他在为棉花糖宝宝游说 |
[36:42] | But no matter how many marshmallows, | 但是不管吃了多少棉花糖 |
[36:44] | he’ll always be Pillsbury. | 他也还是个面团宝宝 |
[36:46] | You again?! Don’t you have a fucking desk? | 又是你 你没办公桌的吗 |
[37:08] | I have been thinking a lot about…a lot of things. | 我想了很多的 很多事 |
[37:12] | And I have noticed that you seem to be happier | 我发现你在外面的主交易大厅 |
[37:13] | out on the main trading floor. | 好像更快乐 |
[37:15] | Happier? No way! | 更开心 没有的事 |
[37:17] | Maybe you’d be more effective, then. | 或许你在那里会更有效率 |
[37:18] | Sitting out there. Being in the flow, picking up intel. | 坐在外面 跟大家一起 打听情报 |
[37:21] | It could benefit all of us. | 这样或许对大家都好 |
[37:25] | I see what you’re saying. | 我明白你的意思了 |
[37:27] | Yeah, that could work. | 嗯 这也行 |
[37:28] | I’d be willing to give it a try. | 我愿意一试 |
[37:29] | I mean, if that’s what you want. | 我是说 如果那是你的意思 |
[37:31] | Yes, I’d like you to start sitting out there. | 是的 我想让你坐到外面去 |
[37:34] | You got it. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[37:35] | Hey, Mafee, why’d you pick me in the first place, | 嗨 玛斐 你当初为什么从那么多的 |
[37:39] | out of all the intern applications? | 实习申请里选择了我 |
[37:41] | You were the only one who didn’t seem boring. | 你是唯一一个看起来不那么无聊的人 |
[37:43] | Who didn’t seem to care about the same bullshit | 不像那些沃顿或者哈佛商学院的小孩 |
[37:45] | that every kid from Wharton or HBS did. | 他们的关注点全都一样 |
[37:47] | You seemed like someone I could learn from, | 我能从你身上学到东西 |
[37:49] | even as I was teaching. | 即使当时是我教你 |
[37:51] | There was no doubt you were the winner back then. | 毫无疑问 那个时候你就是赢家了 |
[37:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:06] | I lost a CEO yesterday and maybe also Mafee, too. | 我昨天失去了一个CEO 可能还有玛斐 |
[38:09] | Something’s blocking my… efficiency. | 有些事情影响了我的…效率 |
[38:12] | I’ll say it: I need to learn how to win again. | 我想说的是 我需要学习如何再次获胜 |
[38:18] | The Taylor Mason I first met never started a sentence with I. | 我认识的泰勒·梅森说话从不会以”我”开头 |
[38:21] | And never talked about personal wins. | 也从不讨论个人输赢 |
[38:23] | And that Taylor Mason won all the time. | 那样的泰勒·梅森一直在赢 |
[38:26] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[38:26] | Focus on process, | 专注于过程 |
[38:28] | it’s where your genius shows up. | 那才是你展现天资的主场 |
[38:29] | The rest will flow. | 剩下的自然水到渠成 |
[38:32] | Give me specifics. | 仔细说说 |
[38:34] | Met with the fossil fuel CEO. | 我见了化石燃料公司的CEO |
[38:35] | And it went… it didn’t go well. | 事情进展…不怎么好 |
[38:38] | I don’t know if it was generational, or factional, | 我不知道是因为辈分 还是派系 |
[38:40] | but… the guy only wanted to talk to Axe. | 不过那家伙只想跟阿克塞谈 |
[38:42] | Then you talk to Axe. Ask for his guidance. | 那你就去找阿克塞请教 |
[38:44] | The younger version of me would not have hesitated. | 年轻的我根本不会犹豫 |
[38:47] | Damn. | 靠 |
[38:53] | Taylor needs another shot with the CEO. | 泰勒需要再见一次CEO |
[38:56] | And some coaching. | 还有一些指导 |
[38:58] | What happened at the first meeting? | 第一次会面怎么了 |
[38:59] | It didn’t go as planned. | 不如预想的好 |
[39:00] | In the name of full disclosure, I Gerry’d the meeting. | 一言以概之 我没谈成 |
[39:03] | Completely. | 完全地失败了 |
[39:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:07] | I’ll get him to give you a second meeting. | 我让他给你安排第二次会面 |
[39:10] | And what you do is… | 而你的任务是… |
[39:13] | You know what, what you do is you bring Wendy along with you. | 你的任务就是带温迪一起去 |
[39:17] | ‘Cause she’s the best I’ve seen at bridging the gap | 因为她是我见过的 能在不同观点间 |
[39:19] | between differing points of view. | 求同存异的最强人 |
[39:21] | So she gets you to the view she sees. | 她会告诉你她所感知的观点 |
[39:23] | But you won’t even feel it happening. | 一些你无法感受到的观点 |
[39:26] | Go. | 去吧 |
[39:35] | You go for a midday swim? | 你大中午的就去划水了 |
[39:38] | Yeah, in the river Jordan. | 是啊 去了约旦河接受洗礼 |
[39:41] | 本季第二集 瓦格纳发现自己的女儿跳钢管舞 | |
[39:41] | I’ve lost another… one to the pole and one to Jesus. | 我又失去了一个… 一个因为钢管 一个因为上帝 |
[39:46] | Which feels worse? | 哪个感觉更糟 |
[39:47] | Feels about the same… | 感觉不相上下… |
[39:49] | I’ve fucked it all up. | 我已经全军覆没 |
[39:52] | I don’t know how to talk to any of ’em. | 我都不知道要怎么跟他们交流 |
[39:54] | I ceded the responsibility of raising them to their mothers, | 我以前忙于工作 把养育他们的责任 |
[39:56] | while I was working. | 全部推卸给他们的母亲 |
[39:57] | It was what I thought I was supposed to do, to support them. | 我以前认为我要做的 就是供养他们 |
[40:00] | But this is where we ended up. | 哪知结果是这样的 |
[40:03] | I’m a complete fucking washout. | 我败的彻彻底底 |
[40:08] | I’m gonna get you a drink, but I’m not gonna drink with you. | 我给你倒一杯吧 但不陪你喝 |
[40:11] | I’m out to Yonkers. | 我要去扬克斯 |
[40:15] | What’ll you have? | 你要什么 |
[40:16] | Another. | 再来一个 |
[40:19] | I’ll have another. | 我可以再有一个 |
[40:21] | Another… | 再有一个… |
[40:22] | I can do it. | 我可以的 |
[40:24] | It’s not too late. | 还来得及 |
[40:26] | I am not young, but she will be. | 我虽然老了 但是她可以很年轻 |
[40:30] | Hallelujah, I’m gonna go again. | 哈利路亚 我要再来一次 |
[40:32] | A do-over. | 重头再来 |
[40:33] | And finally get it fucking right. | 一定要他妈的对一回 |
[40:39] | The people of this community | 这个社区的居民 |
[40:41] | have been getting the short end of the stick for generations. | 每一代都抽到了下下签 |
[40:44] | And quite frankly, they’re not very good | 坦白的说 他们并不擅长 |
[40:46] | at using what stick they get | 利用已有资源 |
[40:48] | either as a lever or kindling or whatever else. | 去创造价值 |
[40:51] | Which is sad. | 这挺悲哀的 |
[40:53] | But let’s stay on point. | 言归正传 |
[40:55] | Entrust me with heading up | 请让我来负责 |
[40:58] | this Opportunity Zone | 这个商机区项目 |
[41:00] | and I will use it as a lantern | 我会把它做成一个先进示范 |
[41:04] | to lead these lost people | 带领迷失的人民 |
[41:07] | out of the mess they’ve made and into profitability. | 脱贫致富 |
[41:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:15] | Thank you, Mr. Rhoades. | 谢谢 罗兹先生 |
[41:17] | Mr. Prince, you have the floor. | 普林斯先生 到你了 |
[41:23] | Your father just presented. | 你父亲刚刚结束了演说 |
[41:25] | And? | 然后呢 |
[41:29] | Oh boy… | 我的天… |
[41:30] | Mother taught me: If you don’t have anything nice to say… | 妈妈告诉过我 如果你说不出什么好词… |
[41:32] | That bad, huh? Got it. Who’s next? | 这么糟啊 明白 下一个是谁 |
[41:35] | Prince, then Axe. | 普林斯 然后是阿克塞 |
[41:37] | Profit comes, sure. | 当然 收益随之而来 |
[41:39] | But there’s other ways to make money. | 但挣钱的方法有很多 |
[41:41] | I could invest in tobacco and plastics. | 我可以投资烟草业和塑胶业 |
[41:45] | But I prefer to invest in people. | 但我更愿意投资于人 |
[41:48] | In neighborhoods like this one. | 投资像这样的居民区 |
[41:50] | As I have done with my partners… | 就像我和我的搭档们… |
[41:52] | In Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta. | 在芝加哥 底特律 亚特兰大经手的项目 |
[41:54] | We don’t just build the housing and the businesses. | 我们不仅仅是建房子开工厂 |
[41:57] | We don’t just build the fields and the courts. | 我们不仅仅是建场馆兴运动 |
[42:00] | We establish the leagues and the programs | 我们设立协会和项目 |
[42:02] | that keep the kids off the streets and playing. | 以保证孩子们远离街头 安全玩耍 |
[42:05] | Give the man a civilian medal. | 给这个家伙颁个优秀市民奖章吧 |
[42:07] | Mm. And I could use an insulin pump. Stat. | 快点给我点胰岛素压血糖 |
[42:09] | Or a barf bag. | 或者一个呕吐袋 |
[42:15] | Our results and successes speak for themselves. | 我们的成果不言自明 |
[42:18] | And before I wrap up, it’s incumbent upon me | 在我结束之前 我有责任 |
[42:20] | to sound a cautionary note about certain of my colleagues here. | 发出一个警告 事关在场同行中的一员 |
[42:24] | To make sure this project is executed as intended. | 为了保证该项目能按计划执行 |
[42:27] | I have brought a special guest… | 容我向你们介绍一个特殊的嘉宾… |
[42:38] | Meet Marc Capparello. | 这位是马克·卡普拉诺 |
[42:39] | He’s a former town councilman from Sandicot. | 他是桑迪克特的前市议员 |
[42:42] | Where Robert Axelrod made similar financial inroads | 罗伯特·阿克塞尔罗德曾对那里的社区进行了类似的 |
[42:45] | into the community. | 金融扩张计划 |
[42:47] | How did that work out, Marc? | 结果怎么样 马克 |
[42:48] | Honestly? Not too well. | 老实说 不太好 |
[42:51] | There was a lot of rosy talk about the future | 有很多关于未来的美好构想 |
[42:53] | and promises were made. | 以及承诺 |
[42:54] | Only for our town’s financing to be ripped away | 结果我们镇的财政被席卷一空 |
[42:57] | like one of those wax jobs in a beauty salon. | 就像在美容院做了蜜蜡脱毛一样 |
[42:59] | It really stung. | 那是真疼啊 |
[43:02] | And our town will be recovering… | 我们的镇子会好起来的… |
[43:04] | trying to grow its hair back, if you will… | 可以说 我们正在让毛发长回来 |
[43:07] | for generations to come. | 为子孙后代而努力 |
[43:09] | I’m sorry. | 深表同情 |
[43:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:17] | Told you, Axelrod: I hate it when people mess with my money. | 我说过的 阿克塞尔罗德 我讨厌别人乱动我的钱 |
[43:20] | Mr. Axelrod, you have the floor. | 阿克塞尔罗德先生 到你了 |
[43:25] | Let me tell you what went wrong in Sandicot. | 让我告诉你们桑迪克特的问题在哪里 |
[43:30] | It’s true I made a big investment there… | 确实 我在那里搞了个大投资项目… |
[43:34] | and we all had high hopes for the future…until this man… | 我们当时都对未来寄予厚望… 直到这个人… |
[43:39] | No, no! You’re a sore goddamned loser… | 不 不 你踏马就是输不起… |
[43:41] | Decided to pull his casino, | 他决定把赌场挪走 |
[43:43] | for no reason other than his own greed, | 为了满足一己私欲 |
[43:45] | and moved it to land he held elsewhere. | 他将赌场改址到了他在别处拥有的土地 |
[43:49] | He left us all holding the bag. | 他害得我们都损失了大笔的资金 |
[43:51] | Now, efforts are still being made. | 现在 我们仍在努力 |
[43:54] | But that callous style of development | 但这种残酷的发展方式 |
[43:57] | is one of the real drivers for me here… | 才是真正驱使我来这里的原因之一… |
[43:59] | Because this is different. | 因为这里不一样 |
[44:02] | This is home… | 这里就是家… |
[44:03] | What a steaming pile of bullshit. | 简直就是一堆热气腾腾的翔 |
[44:06] | Sir! | 先生 |
[44:12] | – Did you get that? – Yeah. | – 你拍到了吗 – 拍了 |
[44:15] | Can I move? | 我可以去外面吗 |
[44:17] | Excuse me? | 您的意思是 |
[44:18] | Is there a rule that says | 有规定说 |
[44:19] | we have to do this here in the boardroom? | 一定要在会议室内讨论这事吗 |
[44:32] | You know why I can see Yonkers’ future? | 知道为什么我可以看到扬克斯的未来吗 |
[44:35] | ‘Cause I can see its past. | 因为我能看到它的过去 |
[44:39] | Right down there, that’s where Ricky’s Clam House was. | 就在那里 那里曾是瑞奇的蛤蜊餐厅 |
[44:42] | You know, you couldn’t walk by | 当你经过的时候 |
[44:43] | without that smell pulling you inside. | 香气会直接把你拉进店里 |
[44:46] | Even when I could only afford like, what, three baked clams, | 就算是我大概只能付得起三个烤蛤蜊的时候 |
[44:50] | always found my way there. | 我依旧会去那里 |
[44:53] | – Two doors down was Dicey Reilly’s. – Dicey Reilly’s | – 隔着两间的是赖利赌场 – 赖利赌场 |
[44:57] | I used to take my best friend Ike… | 我以前常带上我的好朋友艾克… |
[44:59] | Damn right he did! | 他说的没错 |
[44:59] | …went there when we were 14 years old. | … 去那儿 那时候我们才十四岁 |
[45:02] | You know, we had fake IDs, but they never asked for ’em. | 我们搞了假的身份证 但他们也从来不查 |
[45:05] | I learned plenty in there. | 我在那里学到了很多 |
[45:07] | Like if an old guy offers you odds | 比如 要是有个老家伙告诉你胜算 |
[45:09] | 纽约巨人队 橄榄球球队 | |
[45:09] | if you take the Giants and the points, | 让你选纽约巨人队和决胜点 |
[45:11] | don’t take the damned Giants and the points. | 千万别选纽约巨人队和决胜点 |
[45:17] | Used to take dates down there to the Park Hill theater. | 公园山剧院是以前约会常去的地方 |
[45:19] | Yeah, right. Our pal Freddie used to work there as an usher, | 是的 没错 我们的小伙伴弗雷迪以前在那里当引座员 |
[45:22] | would always open up the back door and let us sneak in. | 总是帮助我们从后门溜进去 |
[45:25] | Yeah. And then of course, afterwards, | 当然 之后 |
[45:26] | we’d head over to see Bruno… | 我们一起去布鲁诺那边… |
[45:27] | – Yeah. – …Down at Capparello’s. | – 对 – … 卡普拉诺披萨店 |
[45:29] | And even though Bruno’s down in Florida, | 即使现在布鲁诺已经在佛罗里达养老 |
[45:30] | living his dream, the store still stands | 过着自己的小日子 只要我还活着 |
[45:33] | and will as long as I’m alive. | 这家店就会一直开下去 |
[45:36] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[45:40] | Look, I’ll tell ya, I… | 我想跟大家说的是 我… |
[45:44] | I’m not an overly emotional guy, | 我不是一个过于情绪化的人 |
[45:49] | but I could do this for every single store in the town, | 但我可以像这样对待镇上的每一家店 |
[45:53] | and all the houses too, probably. | 可能还有所有的房屋 |
[45:55] | Just as this man could… | 就像这个小伙子… |
[45:57] | Come here. | 过来 |
[46:00] | Savion Williams. | 萨维恩·威廉姆斯 |
[46:04] | This is very moving, but this board has one concern: | 非常感人 但是本委员会有一个顾虑 |
[46:07] | that you’re a leaver. | 你是个离去者 |
[46:08] | That you won’t stay the course. | 你不会坚持到底 |
[46:10] | No. No. Like Savion, I was born here. | 不 不 就像萨维恩一样 我生在这里 |
[46:13] | This was my childhood. | 我的童年在这里 |
[46:15] | You know the house he lives in now was my house. | 你知道他现在住的房子曾经是我的房子 |
[46:18] | But this whole town is my home. | 而整座小镇都是我的家 |
[46:21] | And, yes, sure, I left for a while, | 是的 没错 我确实离开了一段时间 |
[46:25] | but I’m back. | 但我回来了 |
[46:27] | And the thought of anyone else helping to rebuild this place. | 而且其他人想要翻新这片区域的想法 |
[46:30] | Well, it just feels wrong. | 感觉都不对 |
[46:33] | They wouldn’t understand. | 他们不明白 |
[46:34] | Though rebuild it we must, | 虽然我们需要翻新重建 |
[46:36] | not for nostalgia, but for the future. | 但不是为了念旧 而是为了将来 |
[46:41] | For Savion’s future. | 为了萨维恩的将来 |
[46:43] | Wow. Thanks, Bobby. | 谢谢 博比 |
[46:46] | That brought me back. | 你的演讲带我回到了过去 |
[46:48] | We’ll give you our decision shortly. | 我们会尽快得出结论的 |
[46:49] | – Okay. – But thanks for that. | – 好的 – 谢谢你的演讲 |
[46:51] | Thank you. Thank you. I appreciate your time. | 谢谢 谢谢 感谢你们的时间 |
[46:53] | Thanks very much. Come on, buddy. | 非常感谢 走吧 孩子 |
[47:05] | Heard how it all went up there, | 已经听闻了 |
[47:07] | that you got a taste of the old Bobby Axelrod boogie. | 你算是见识到博比·阿克塞尔罗德的煽动性了 |
[47:09] | I’ve seen worse. | 我见过更糟糕的 |
[47:12] | I’ve seen all kinds. | 我见识过各式各样的 |
[47:13] | Yeah. I’ll bet. | 好吧 我信 |
[47:15] | But you’re gonna lose the O.Z. | 但你失去了商机区的投资机会 |
[47:17] | unless you play a little ball now. | 除非你现在开始有所行动 |
[47:18] | I came here to tell you | 我来是为了告诉你 |
[47:20] | I’ve already felt too much pull to my old ways. | 我已经感受到太多让我重回原来模式的诱惑 |
[47:24] | I’ve fought to not be that person. | 我一直在抗争不要成为那样的人 |
[47:26] | Escaping it once was hard enough. | 从中挣脱一次已经很费劲了 |
[47:28] | I can’t give in to it now. | 我现在不能屈服 |
[47:30] | Yeah, Axe took out his lute | 是啊 阿克塞尔拿出他的琴 |
[47:34] | and played ’em a hypnotic old folk ballad. | 给大家演奏了一首古老的催眠曲 |
[47:37] | He probably won it. | 他或许赢了 |
[47:39] | Sucks. It does. | 真糟糕 这是事实 |
[47:41] | But heck, I’m still rich enough for twenty lifetimes. | 但是 我的财富足够我吃二十世 |
[47:44] | That’s not how you became who you are, by giving up. | 放弃并不是你成为现在的你的方式 |
[47:48] | The problem is the feeling you get… | 问题是你的感受… |
[47:50] | and I know you get it, too… | 而且我知道你也感受到了 |
[47:52] | when you engage in a fight like this, | 当你置身于这样的争夺中 |
[47:54] | in the way that you’re proposing. | 以你自己的方式来计划 |
[47:56] | It feels good. | 真感觉不错 |
[47:57] | Nope. That’s a lie. | 不 这是个谎言 |
[47:59] | It feels truly great. | 真的感觉特别好 |
[48:02] | 内啡肽 脑内天然分泌的有镇痛效果的激素 | |
[48:02] | The endorphins. The adrenaline. | 内啡肽 肾上腺素 |
[48:05] | It all pushes you further, | 都会把你推向更远 |
[48:08] | deeper, | 更深 |
[48:11] | darker. | 更黑暗的地步 |
[48:16] | I had a game, senior year, | 大四的时候 我打过一场比赛 |
[48:20] | I put up sixty points. | 我个人得了六十分 |
[48:22] | The cheering with each bucket. | 每个投篮都引来阵阵欢呼 |
[48:25] | Knowing none of the guys could stop me. | 当下就知道没人可以阻止我 |
[48:31] | Felt like a giant afterwards. | 事后我觉得自己无所不能 |
[48:32] | Couldn’t sleep for two days. | 兴奋得两天没睡 |
[48:34] | And when I came down, I saw how I had alienated myself | 等我回过神 发现自己 |
[48:39] | from my teammates and my family. | 疏远了团队 疏远了家人 |
[48:41] | I had forgotten they existed. | 甚至完全将他们遗忘 |
[48:43] | And just went and got mine. | 脑子里只有自己 |
[48:47] | I’ve done the same in business. | 我在事业上一直如此 |
[48:49] | Until I shut it down for good. | 直到我彻底放弃了这种模式 |
[48:53] | I will not let Axe turn me back into… | 我绝不让阿克塞把我变回… |
[48:58] | well, in his words, a monster. | 按他的话说 一个怪物 |
[49:03] | But did you win that game when you scored the sixty? | 你拿到六十分那次 你赢了吗 |
[49:08] | Yah. Bet you did. | 当然 你赢了 |
[49:09] | So do it again. Win this game. | 那就再来一次 再赢一回 |
[49:11] | Then feel bad. | 之后再沮丧 |
[49:13] | Otherwise Bobby Axelrod wins. | 否则只能看着博比· 阿克塞尔罗德赢 |
[49:15] | And you did nothing about it. | 而你却无动于衷 |
[49:16] | You lose. | 满盘皆输 |
[49:27] | Is Axelrod in the pisser? | 阿克塞尔罗德上厕所去了吗 |
[49:30] | Oh, crap. Just you two. | 我去 就你俩来了 |
[49:32] | Shoulda known, but Axe said he wanted to talk. | 早该知道 但是阿克塞说过想谈谈 |
[49:35] | He wanted you to talk. To us. | 他的意思是让你和我们谈 |
[49:37] | This is Wendy Rhoades. | 这位是温迪·罗兹 |
[49:38] | Ah. I’ve been shanghaied. | 看来我被耍了 |
[49:40] | Yeah, you got suckered into a meeting. | 是啊 你被裹挟着不得不进行会谈 |
[49:42] | Soak in the feeling, | 感觉浑身不痛快 |
[49:43] | because it’ll be a hundred times worse | 因为你被迫放弃公司的头寸时 |
[49:44] | when you get suckered out of your position at this company. | 不爽的感觉会增加一百倍 |
[49:46] | Or you can get smart, right fucking now. | 除非你能他妈变得识相点 |
[49:51] | Your rep is you build people up, not knock ’em down. | 你的专长是鼓励 可不是泄气 |
[49:53] | Oh, when we’re on the same team, | 如果咱们都是自己人 |
[49:55] | I’ll have you hotter than the barrel of a just-emptied M60. | 我能让你比刚打光子弹的枪管还火热 |
[49:58] | Next week, you will announce the new Argyra Petroleum, | 下礼拜 你要发布消息 新的艾格雅石油公司 |
[50:02] | striving to become the first ESG-friendly company | 将成为第一家具备环境社会和治理友好投资理念的 |
[50:04] | in the Fortune 500. | 五百强企业 |
[50:06] | We are trying to stop you from the same fate the whalers had. | 我们是在帮你避免一代捕鲸人的下场 |
[50:09] | Back in the mid-1800s, whaling was like Facebook. | 十九世纪中叶的捕鲸业如日中天 |
[50:11] | Blubber was the oil that lighted the Western world. | 西方世界依赖鲸油照明 |
[50:14] | But by the second half of that century, | 但到了十九世纪下半叶 |
[50:15] | whale oil was replaced by kerosene. | 鲸油被煤油取代 |
[50:17] | Whaling became MySpace. | 捕鲸业随即江河日下 |
[50:19] | And then kerosene collapsed with the invention of electricity. | 随着电力的兴起 煤油产业相应崩盘 |
[50:22] | So you can look like a loser from 1830, | 你可以当一个如1830年那样跟不上形势的失败者 |
[50:24] | or you can look like a hero of the 2020s and beyond. | 也可以选择成为紧跟当下潮流的杰出人士 |
[50:28] | To the environmentalists, sure. | 受环保圈仰视 |
[50:29] | But even more to the industry and the Street. | 更为工业圈和华尔街膜拜 |
[50:30] | Because you will be making so much money. | 因为你能赚到大量的钱 |
[50:35] | – I like how that sounds. – You are a trailblazer. | – 听上去很美 – 你是开拓者 |
[50:37] | And you are the perfect person to do it. | 是拓展新领域的不二人选 |
[50:39] | They all already admire you. | 他们一向如此赞赏你 |
[50:40] | They all already think you’re a maverick. | 都认为你是敢于特立独行的人 |
[50:43] | You will set the new industry standard. | 你必将塑造全新的行业规范 |
[50:46] | But we’re still just dealing with the icing on the cake, | 而我们还只是提到冰山的一角 |
[50:48] | not the cake itself. | 还没有触及真正的好处 |
[50:49] | The cake is that you will get first look | 真正的好处是 你将更早地接触到 |
[50:52] | at every one of these impact deals. | 所有这些责任投资交易 |
[50:53] | You will set the terms. | 由你制定规则 |
[50:54] | And you will make more money | 你挣到的钱会比你的竞争对手 |
[50:57] | than all of your competitors combined. | 加起来还要多 |
[51:02] | You’re gonna greenwash me. | 你们这是要让我绿化 |
[51:04] | Clean as a newborn baby. | 干净得就像是新生婴儿 |
[51:05] | It’s a greed play that looks selfless. | 这就是场看上去很无私的绿化版游戏 |
[51:07] | It’s the holy grail, | 是圣杯 |
[51:09] | 加拉哈德是最纯洁的圆桌骑士 独自找到圣杯 | |
[51:09] | and you are Sir Motherfucking Galahad. | 而你就是他妈的加拉哈德骑士 |
[51:14] | Damn right I am. | 我他妈干了 |
[51:19] | Let’s really get into the text. | 现在看看这些措辞 |
[51:22] | “Masks. | 面具 |
[51:24] | Binds. | 捆绑 |
[51:26] | Ropes. | 绳索 |
[51:27] | Fire.” | 火焰 |
[51:29] | And this was all on live television! | 都是电视实况里出现的东西 |
[51:30] | Raise your hand if you saw it live. | 看过这些实况的 举手 |
[51:35] | You know what? Stop taking notes. | 都听着 别低头记了 |
[51:38] | Talk to me. | 都说说 |
[51:40] | Why do you think he gave this insane speech? | 他给出了如此疯狂的演讲 你们认为是为什么 |
[51:44] | What do you think he was trying to do? | 你们觉得他打算干什么 |
[51:49] | Oh come on! | 好吧 |
[51:51] | This part won’t be on the midterm. | 期中考试不考这部分内容 |
[51:52] | I know you’re all full of lots of opinions, | 我知道你们都有自己的看法 |
[51:54] | you’re just waiting for someone to break the ice. | 就是等别人先开口 |
[51:57] | I see it as the ultimate act of humiliation. | 我觉得这就是极端的侮辱性行为 |
[51:59] | Sounds like you’re getting Freudian on me. | 你是要聊弗洛伊德了 |
[52:01] | – Elaborate. – Yeah, exactly… | – 详细点 – 没错 这绝对… |
[52:03] | it’s classic masochism death drive stuff. | 是标准的性受虐倾向的死亡本能 |
[52:05] | Rhoades was ready to sacrifice his political career, | 罗兹当时准备好牺牲自己的政治生涯 |
[52:08] | but only on his own terms. | 当然只用他自己的方式 |
[52:09] | But he did it to win an election. | 但是他这样做却让自己胜选 |
[52:12] | He’s a cis white man running for office. | 他是个竞选公职的原性别白人 |
[52:15] | He’s in a privileged position | 他拥有优势 |
[52:16] | to control his own narrative. | 可以控制自己的叙事技巧 |
[52:18] | I’m honestly surprised | 说实话 说了这么久才有人 |
[52:19] | it took one of you so long to mention privilege. | 提到优势 让我很意外 |
[52:22] | This might be a new record. | 可以当新纪录了 |
[52:24] | But I agree with you. | 不过我同意你的意见 |
[52:26] | Is the speech subversive at all? | 他的讲话具备根本的破坏性吗 |
[52:28] | Not really, no. | 并没有 |
[52:30] | So maybe that’s exactly what masochism is. | 所以这可能恰恰是受虐真谛 |
[52:33] | It’s the pursuit of autonomy in | 要在痛楚与苦难中赢得主动性 |
[52:35] | and the control over pain and suffering. | 进而控制痛苦 |
[52:37] | Rhoades played subservient in order to win dominance. | 罗兹表现出的顺从 实旨在掌握主动权 |
[52:43] | But why don’t we ask Rhoades himself? | 不过我们为什么不让罗兹本人来谈谈呢 |
[52:47] | Chuck, get on up here. | 查克 到前面来 |
[52:50] | Thank you, Cat. | 谢谢你 凯瑟琳 |
[52:53] | Now, don’t be shy! | 好了 同学们不要怕 |
[52:55] | You ask AG Rhoades all your questions and don’t go easy. | 有什么刁钻的问题 尽管问司法部长罗兹 |
[52:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[53:00] | As a self-identified submissive, | 承认自己的顺从行为 |
[53:02] | did you receive any gratification… | 有没有让你得到些满足感… |
[53:05] | what I mean is… did you get off on giving this speech? | 我是说…那番发言是不是让你觉得兴奋 |
[53:12] | The release I felt was more emotional than carnal. | 我在心理上感受到如释重负的爽 不是欲求满足 |
[53:22] | 卡梅隆·安东尼 曾是美职篮纽约尼克斯队主力 | |
[53:22] | I feel like Carmelo coming back to New York. | 就好像安东尼重回纽约打球 |
[53:24] | Wait, bad example. | 也不是 |
[53:26] | 斯蒂芬·马布里 曾是美职篮纽约尼克斯队主力 | |
[53:26] | Marbury. Fuck. | 我是说马布里 操 |
[53:27] | No Knicks. I mean I… | 不说尼克斯队了 我想说… |
[53:29] | Once you go through the wars with someone, | 你只要跟人一同经历了战争 |
[53:32] | they are always your brother. | 他们永远是你兄弟 |
[53:33] | Even if they are… | 即使他们都是… |
[53:36] | Doughboy forever. | 永远的面团小子 |
[53:39] | No grown man should be that happy | 任何一个成年人都不该因为能和朋友坐在一起 |
[53:41] | at getting to sit next to his friends… | 而高兴成这样 |
[53:43] | Still, it was nice of you, | 不过 你真的很好 |
[53:47] | more than nice. | 大度 |
[53:50] | Must’ve cost you a lot. | 你一定付出很多 |
[53:52] | We should do it… what we did today. | 我们应该重复今天的做法 |
[53:56] | We nailed it for sure. | 今天真的搞定得妥妥地 |
[53:58] | We should do it again. | 应该复制 |
[53:59] | 社会价值投资基金 新公益理念的”非牺牲”原则 和新投资理念的”非暴利”原则结合的产物 | |
[53:59] | Turn Mase Cap into an impact fund. | 将梅森资本转为社会价值投资基金 |
[54:01] | Together. Within Axe Cap. But ours. | 我们合作 在阿克塞资本旗下 不过是咱们的公司 |
[54:04] | There’s so much money out there. | 有大量的游弋资本 |
[54:05] | And so much possibility to make a change. | 做出改变的可能性非常大 |
[54:06] | We could become even bigger than… | 我们的规模可以变得更大 甚至比… |
[54:08] | I know… | 我明白… |
[54:09] | Bigger than US Steel. | “比美国钢铁公司还大” |
[54:11] | I was going to say Axe Cap. | 我想说的是阿克塞资本 |
[54:13] | When we are together, just us, | 你我联手 只有你我 |
[54:14] | we can drop the Godfather routine, can’t we? | 我们就可以撇开《教父》那套说辞 对吗 |
[54:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[54:19] | So what do you think? Partners? | 怎么样 一起干嘛 |
[54:24] | You almost never take this much of a beat | 你还从来没有停顿这么久 |
[54:26] | before saying something. | 还一言不发 |
[54:27] | I usually know what I think, | 因为我一般知道要说什么 |
[54:29] | and don’t have to do a gut check. | 也从不用测试自己的胆量 |
[54:30] | This time, I…I wanted the gut check. | 这一次…我想豁出来试试 |
[54:33] | – Because you like it. – I do. Yes. | – 因为你喜欢玩悬的 – 说对了 |
[54:36] | Once we show a positive track record, | 如果咱们拿出一贯的良好表现 |
[54:38] | all the assholes will want to invest. | 那些混蛋都想来投资 |
[54:40] | It’s true. You’re an asshole whisperer. | 毋庸置疑 你擅于念咒招徕混蛋 |
[54:42] | Maybe the asshole whisperer. | 或许就是约束混蛋心灵的耳语者 |
[54:44] | And I mean that in the best possible way. | 我这么说是在恭维你 |
[54:47] | I receive it as such. | 我也真这么觉得 |
[55:01] | Can’t believe Axelrod won that thing. | 真没想到阿克塞尔罗德赢了 |
[55:04] | I gotta get me one of these Opportunity Zones. | 我还真得给自己弄一个商机区项目 |
[55:08] | Ah, another emissary from Yonkers. | 又一位杨克斯的使者 |
[55:11] | And one with glad tidings. | 带来好信儿的使者 |
[55:14] | My father called me. To gloat. | 我父亲给我打了个电话 幸灾乐祸的 |
[55:17] | And to tell me that his alliance with Axe isn’t over, | 告诉我他和阿克塞的结盟还不会结束 |
[55:21] | it’s only just beginning. | 说才刚刚开始 |
[55:23] | I appreciate your bringing this to me. | 感谢你告诉我这些 |
[55:26] | I know the inner turmoil that the decision must have caused. | 我知道这个决议一定会引起内心的躁动 |
[55:29] | I can tell you that yes, these are the waters. | 我可以说你是对的 这些都是涓涓细流 |
[55:32] | And I’m channeling them into a moat | 我正在引导它们汇成护城河 |
[55:34] | and protecting the crown or something like that, Chuck. | 拱卫王权 诸如之类 查克 |
[55:38] | I tried to warn him. | 我警告过他 |
[55:40] | But my father is used to doling out advice, and not taking it. | 但我父亲习惯施舍建议 不习惯接受建议 |
[55:45] | My conscience is clear. | 我问心无愧了 |
[55:47] | Well I, for one, am grateful for your counsel. | 我要说 我对你的忠告感激不尽 |
[55:51] | So tell me, what other venture are they embarking upon? | 说说看 他们还打算着手哪些风投 |
[55:56] | They’re going into banking. | 银行业 |
[56:01] | Then so are we. | 咱们也跟进 |
[56:46] | Axe. | 阿克塞 |
[56:48] | I wanted you to hear it from me. | 我想直接告诉你 |
[56:50] | I’m fine with you winning in Yonkers. | 你赢得杨克斯这一局 我认了 |
[56:53] | I am laying down my sword. | 我不打算再做什么 |
[56:56] | – Really? – Yes. | – 是吗 – 是的 |
[56:58] | I’ll still have it nearby, of course, | 我当然还留有进攻的手段 |
[57:00] | and my shield, to ward off any possible attack, | 还有自保的措施 以防被人算计 |
[57:03] | but I sincerely hope it won’t be necessary. | 不过我真的希望这种事不会发生 |
[57:05] | You’ll do your thing. | 你干你该干的 |
[57:07] | I’ll still be Mike Prince. | 我还做我的迈克尔·普林斯 |
[57:08] | And all will return to normal. | 一切恢复正常 |
[57:10] | Fine. Good. | 成啊 很好 |
[57:12] | Though easy for you to say now that you’ve lost. | 不过能让你认个输 实在也不容易 |
[57:16] | I was wrong to think that I could beat you in Yonkers. | 我以为能在杨克斯击败你 是我错了 |
[57:19] | I’m just a poser there. It’s not about me. | 我在那里只能做做样子 那里不适合我 |
[57:21] | But you? Hell, man, Yonkers is you. | 而你呢 老天爷 杨克斯就是你的化身 |
[57:24] | You are Yonkers. You’ve never really left. | 你就是杨克斯 从没真正离开过 |
[57:27] | It’s in your manner. Your bearing. | 它就存在于你的行动 你的举止里 |
[57:29] | You stink of the place. | 你浑身都是那个地方的味道 |
[57:32] | And now you’re back in it. | 现在你又回去了 |
[57:34] | So, as I said, congratulations. | 所以我只能说 恭喜 |
[57:37] | Yeah. Ok. | 嗯 好的 |
[57:45] | Ready to head in, boss? | 进去吗 老板 |
[57:53] | I should. | 应该进去 |
[57:55] | It’s…the right thing. | 该这么做 |
[57:57] | Let’s do it. | 那就走吧 |
[58:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[58:03] | I don’t think I can. | 我觉得我做不来 |
[58:06] | Whatever you want to do, Axe. | 无论你想做什么都行 阿克塞 |
[58:08] | Go inside. Feed them. | 你进去吧 喂饱他们 |
[58:13] | I’ve gotta get the fuck out of this dipshit town. | 我他妈得赶紧离开这坨垃圾城市 |