时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | We’re doing a massive cap raise. And quickly. | 我们要做一个大规模的资金募集 要快 |
[00:10] | First money post-indictment precludes | 机构投资者又不会在公诉后 |
[00:11] | institutional investors. | 做第一个吃螃蟹的人 |
[00:13] | We need the icebreaker now. | 我们必须立刻破冰 |
[00:14] | We need Grigor Andolov. | 我们需要格里戈尔·安德洛夫 |
[00:16] | There was this little boy. | 看到一个小男孩 |
[00:17] | And I take his mother away from the square. | 我带着他妈妈离开了广场 |
[00:22] | Behind the soldiers. | 绕到大兵们的背后 |
[00:24] | After, I leave her for the soldiers. | 完事之后 把她留给了大兵们 |
[00:27] | This little boy, do you know what happened to him? | 你知道他身上发生了什么吗 |
[00:31] | No. | 不知道 |
[00:32] | No one ever knows. | 没人知道答案 |
[00:34] | Bryan Connerty, meet the head of the New York office. | 布莱恩·康纳蒂 见见纽约区的一把手 |
[00:37] | Hi. | 你好 |
[00:38] | -You cool here, Kate? -Yes. I am. | -你没事吧 凯特 -没事 |
[00:40] | Unless you’re going to swing on me like some Irish punk? | 除非你是想来打我一拳 |
[00:43] | They say you can’t ride two horses with one behind, | 都说一山不容二虎 |
[00:46] | but in today’s business world, it’s a smart move, | 但是在如今的商业世界中 这是一个明智的做法 |
[00:48] | Still pretty sharp for an old dog. | 你还真是宝刀未老 |
[00:49] | When we spoke this morning, you were in California. | 我们早上讲话时 你还在加州 |
[00:52] | You came to help me with the algorithm? | 你来是要帮我写算法的吗 |
[00:54] | To keep you company. | 是来陪你 |
[00:55] | You are now officially but unofficially | 我持有巴奈基金的一半 |
[00:57] | the proud owner of half of my half of Panay’s fund, | 你现在正式非公开地拥有我的份额的一半 |
[01:01] | You decide what’s right and what’s wrong. | 你来划定对错 |
[01:03] | With no one to appease. | 不需要仰任何人鼻息 |
[01:04] | You’re forgetting Jock Jeffcoat. | 你忘了乔克·杰夫科特 |
[01:06] | His thumb pressing down on me– I don’t like it. | 他用大拇指摁住我 我不喜欢这样 |
[01:09] | It’s not enough to resist or not resist Jock anymore. | 这不仅仅是抵抗还是不抵抗乔克的问题了 |
[01:12] | You have to assassinate this motherfucker. | 你得去杀了这个狗娘养的 |
[02:02] | They call it the…wood, | 他们称之为…木头 |
[02:05] | isn’t that right, Mr. Kornbluth? | 对吗 科恩布鲁斯先生 |
[02:07] | That they do. The front page. | 没错 首页 |
[02:08] | Even though almost no one reads it on paper anymore. | 尽管几乎没人再看纸质版了 |
[02:11] | Oh, they’ll bring back the bulldog edition for this one. | 这一本的头版一定会重印的 |
[02:14] | Carrie Caminetti– | 卡莉·卡梅尼提 |
[02:17] | Buffalo mayoral candidate? | 水牛城市长候选人 |
[02:18] | Buffalo bunko man. Pay to play. | 水牛城的骗子 收费服务 |
[02:20] | Corruption. Bribery. | 腐败 贿赂 |
[02:22] | It’s all in there | 都在这里 |
[02:24] | and, though we’re indicting, | 而且 尽管我们要起诉他 |
[02:26] | you didn’t get it from me. | 你不是从我这里得到这个的 |
[02:28] | What do you want in return? | 你想要什么回报 |
[02:30] | Everything you have– | 你手里的全部 |
[02:31] | every innuendo, allegation, intimation– | 你无法证实的每一个 |
[02:36] | that you couldn’t substantiate, | 影射 指控和暗示 |
[02:38] | that you’ve been too scared to run, | 那些你没胆量处理的 |
[02:40] | that your editor has killed– | 你的主编毙掉的 |
[02:41] | On? | 关于谁的 |
[02:43] | Jock Jeffcoat. | 乔克·杰夫科特 |
[02:45] | You’re going after your boss? | 你要搞你的老板 |
[02:47] | Or am I protecting him? | 也许我是在保护他 |
[02:48] | By finding out what’s floating around on him. | 找出围绕在他身边的隐患 |
[02:50] | You’d be pacing the perimeter with only a walkie and pistol. | 那你可是只身犯险 |
[02:53] | He’s already well insulated behind the moat and drawbridge. | 他已经安全地躲在护城河和吊桥后了 |
[02:55] | Texas style. | 得克萨斯风格的 |
[02:57] | The thing is: he’s a rich man. | 关键是 他是个富人 |
[03:00] | Everyone knows that. | 大家都知道这个 |
[03:01] | What’s he worth, ten, fifteen mill? | 他身价多少 1000万 1500万 |
[03:03] | No, Chuck. Whispers are: twenty times that. | 不 查克 有传言说 他身价是那的二十倍 |
[03:07] | Has PR folks whose sole job | 他的公关人员的唯一工作 |
[03:09] | is to keep him out of the financial press. | 就是不让财经记者报道他 |
[03:11] | Even when he was governor. | 即使当他是州长的时候 |
[03:12] | There always have been rumors as to the way he earned it. | 一直有流言质疑他当选的原因 |
[03:14] | Many center around his brother. | 很多都指向他的哥哥 |
[03:16] | The televangelist. | 那个总上电视的布道者 |
[03:17] | Right, and the ownership of the networks he broadcasts on. | 没错 他还拥有所有他露了脸的电视台 |
[03:22] | All that hidden money. Amazing. | 那些藏起来的钱啊 太好了 |
[03:26] | Most folks these days want everyone to think | 大多数人都想让大家 |
[03:27] | they’re richer than they are. | 认为他们比事实上更富有 |
[03:29] | Unless they don’t want questions about how they got it. | 除非他们不想被问到他们发财的方式 |
[03:42] | I’ve received a tip that I’m honor bound to pursue. | 我刚得到一条线索 为了荣誉我一定要追查 |
[03:46] | On Jock Jeffcoat. | 有关乔克·杰夫科特的 |
[03:48] | Sweet Mary the Mother Blessed. | 圣母保佑 |
[03:50] | And Joseph the Carpenter too. | 还有那个木匠约瑟 |
[03:55] | I’d like your help to investigate. | 我想要你们帮助我调查 |
[03:57] | Need it. | 我需要 |
[03:59] | But this is dangerous. For both of you. | 但这很危险 对你们两个都是 |
[04:03] | So I want to give you the chance to bail, | 所以我想给你们拒绝的机会 |
[04:05] | right now, at no cost to you. | 就在此刻 对你们完全没有损失 |
[04:16] | Good. | 很好 |
[04:18] | Noted and appreciated. | 我知道了 非常感谢 |
[04:21] | Now… | 那么 |
[04:23] | Jock’s brother is a Billy Graham revivalist type– | 乔克的哥哥是个布道家葛培理那样的人 |
[04:26] | Yes. | 没错 |
[04:27] | During the Attorney General vetting process, | 在总检察长审查阶段 |
[04:30] | they went deep on him, I remember– | 他们对他有深入调查 我记得 |
[04:31] | Oh, me too. Instead of a tent, he has a mega-church. | 我也记得 他用的可不是帐篷 而是个大教堂 |
[04:33] | They broadcast to a loose network | 他们的节目在几个 |
[04:34] | of cable TV stations nationwide. | 有线电视台播放 |
[04:36] | Which may be the open flank. | 这可能是突破口 |
[04:38] | As the story is: the brother owns those stations. | 据说 他哥哥拥有那些电视台 |
[04:42] | And that never came out publicly. Even during the vet. | 而这从未公开 即使在审查时也没有 |
[04:44] | They must’ve planned for that years ahead. | 他们肯定提前好多年就计划好了 |
[04:46] | So they must have a reason for wanting to hide it. | 所以他们肯定有隐藏事实的动机 |
[04:49] | We’ll dive into that. | 我们会仔细调查的 |
[04:50] | People inside the organization are likely to be loyal. | 组织内的人很可能是很忠诚的 |
[04:52] | So find some who left. Accountants. Lawyers. | 所以去找些离开的人 会计 律师 |
[04:56] | The New York Jews he’d hire | 他雇的厌倦了得州两步舞 |
[04:58] | who got tired of the Texas Two-Step and quit. | 并退出的那些纽约犹太人 |
[05:01] | Maybe there’s some rancor. | 可能他们对他有积怨 |
[05:02] | I’ll spread some rootie-tooties around, | 我会去放些消息 |
[05:04] | make something happen. | 搞些事情 |
[05:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:14] | Ask the question. | 问吧 |
[05:17] | Well, I couldn’t help but think of a person | 我只是忍不住想到了 |
[05:19] | who knows a thing or two about media deals. | 一个了解媒体运作的人 |
[05:22] | I’m going to have to insist | 我必须坚持 |
[05:23] | that we leave my father out of this. | 我们不把我爸爸扯进来 |
[05:25] | I can’t have his name written down and talked about. | 我不能让他的名字出现在口头讨论或书面记录中 |
[05:27] | I cannot have him becoming a target for Jock. | 我不能让他成为乔克的目标 |
[05:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[05:31] | I won’t ask you to go to him. | 我不会让你去找他的 |
[05:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:00] | She says you have a real forehand. | 她说你正手不错 |
[06:03] | Do a thing, do it well. | 做一件事就要做好 |
[06:04] | Your mother teach you that? | 你妈妈教你的 |
[06:06] | The opposite, maybe. | 可能正好相反 |
[06:08] | Thanks for setting this up. | 谢谢你这次安排 |
[06:10] | Listen, Axe, I’m pulling capital. | 听着 阿克斯 我要撤资了 |
[06:14] | All of it? | 全部吗 |
[06:15] | 1.5 billion. | 15亿 |
[06:18] | Oh, that’s almost half the investment. | 那是将近一半的资金啊 |
[06:19] | I got a good opportunity. | 我得到了一个不错的机会 |
[06:22] | Good for you. | 那你真走运 |
[06:23] | A Russian oil venture. | 一个俄国石油企业 |
[06:24] | What you would call a “Mortal lock.” | 你可能会称之为躺着赚钱的买卖 |
[06:27] | Your money just landed. | 你的钱刚刚到账 |
[06:29] | I put it in, I take it out. I shake it all about. | 我投资 我撤资 我只是倒腾一下 |
[06:33] | You know I normally have a quarterly gate | 你知道吗 通常我对新富投资人 |
[06:34] | for people with new money. | 是有季度性赎回规定的 |
[06:35] | But as a courtesy to you | 但为了对你示好 |
[06:37] | I let you come in without that restriction. | 我帮你避开了这个限制 |
[06:39] | And I appreciate the courtesy. | 我非常感谢你的好意 |
[06:41] | Now I must take advantage. | 现在我得占这个便宜 |
[06:52] | What’d he say? | 他说什么了 |
[06:53] | To let you win next time. | 下次让你赢 |
[06:56] | I told him that’s never gonna happen. | 我跟他说那不可能 |
[06:58] | You’re way too smart to believe that anyway. | 反正你这么聪明 也不会信的 |
[06:59] | You got that right. | 这你可说对了 |
[07:04] | Thanks. It was awesome. | 谢谢 今天打得不错 |
[07:07] | Wags, rally the team. | 瓦格斯 把人召集起来 |
[07:09] | We need to step up the timeline on the raise. | 我们得加快募款的速度 |
[07:17] | The AG is here. | 总检察长来了 |
[07:20] | When you say “Here”…? | 你说来了是来哪里了 |
[07:21] | Mr. Jeffcoat is in the library. | 杰夫科特先生在图书馆 |
[07:28] | General! Had I known, I’d’ve organized a marching band. | 检察长 早知道我组织个军乐队欢迎你了 |
[07:32] | In no mood to be serenaded. | 我没心情听小曲 |
[07:34] | On my way in from the airport I couldn’t help but notice | 在我从机场过来的路上我不禁注意到 |
[07:36] | what a…shithole some areas are. | 有些地方真的烂透了 |
[07:40] | Yes, well, there’s underprivileged people | 一些底层人民 |
[07:42] | living out there in low-income– | 居住在那里的贫 |
[07:43] | Shitholes, Chuck. | 粪坑 查克 |
[07:45] | Gave me an idea. | 给我想个法子 |
[07:47] | 指鲁迪·朱利安尼 纽约前市长 任期致力于提高纽约生活质量与降低犯罪率 曾任纽约南区检察官 致力于打黑与金融犯罪 | |
[07:47] | Well, it was Giuliani’s brainstorm first, | 先是朱利安尼在里根的黄金时代 |
[07:49] | back in the golden era of Reagan. | 进行的头脑风暴 |
[07:50] | But I’m gonna bring it back like bell bottoms. | 我会让它像喇叭裤一样回归 |
[07:53] | We are. | 我们会 |
[07:55] | Federal Day. | 联邦直辖日 |
[07:57] | I don’t think a Federal Day | 我觉得一个联邦直辖日 |
[07:58] | is really going to change very much– | 真改变不了多少 |
[07:59] | It will for a spell. | 短期内会有所改变 |
[08:02] | That’s more than you’ve done. | 那就比你做的强多了 |
[08:03] | You and your counterparts are going to grab up | 你和你的同僚明天要 |
[08:05] | every city and state drug case tomorrow | 收集所有州和城市的毒品案 |
[08:07] | and make them our cases. | 并把它们列入我们的管辖 |
[08:09] | We are going to prosecute. And hard. | 我们要狠狠地提起公诉 |
[08:13] | You want to deploy federal resources | 你要调用联邦司法资源 |
[08:16] | in prosecuting dime bag amounts | 来起诉在廉租房里 |
[08:18] | in housing projects and the like? | 小额毒品交易这类案件 |
[08:19] | It is my fondest wish. | 这是我最真挚的心愿 |
[08:24] | Ooh, by the by, um… | 顺便 |
[08:26] | I have the missus in tow with me on this trip. | 我这次出门带太太一起来了 |
[08:28] | And, uh, she’s mentioned how she’s grown tired | 她提到她已经 |
[08:30] | of restaurant eating on the road. | 吃腻了路边的饭店 |
[08:35] | We both have… | 我们都吃腻了 |
[08:38] | why are you eating in restaurants, | 既然我和温蒂住在这里 |
[08:40] | when Wendy and I live here?! | 你们干嘛还要去饭店吃呢 |
[08:42] | – Oh, Chuck– – No, no, you’ll, uh… | -查克 -不 你 |
[08:45] | you’ll come for dinner. | 你过来吃晚饭 |
[08:47] | What a neighborly offer. We gladly accept. | 多友好的邀请啊 我们很乐意接受 |
[08:50] | Good. | 好 |
[08:53] | Great. Well, all right. | 好 没问题 |
[08:53] | Great. Okay. Very good. | 太好了 行 很好 |
[09:00] | Okay, we need to move quickly on the cap raise. | 我们得加快募资速度 |
[09:02] | 指Mr Zog’s Sex Wax 一款用在冲浪板表面增加抓着力的产品 | |
[09:02] | The Sex Wax is going on the surfboard as we speak. | 性腊已经打到冲浪板上了 |
[09:05] | Getting into the spirit of talking to the primes… | 是时候和大佬们谈谈了 |
[09:08] | I mean to say: we are well positioned. | 我是说 我们准备好了 |
[09:10] | I’ve been backchanneling with them, | 我一直在与他们暗通款曲 |
[09:11] | and landing that Grigor money | 而且拿下格里戈尔的资金 |
[09:12] | lubricates as you said it would… | 的确如你所说 起到了润滑作用 |
[09:14] | it’s telling the story that we are back. | 这相当于宣告我们的回归 |
[09:15] | – Danger, Will Robinson! -What the fuck, Spyros? | -危险 威尔·罗宾逊 -怎么 斯派罗 |
[09:19] | I couldn’t stop him, he said it was DEFCON six urgent. | 我拦不住他 他说这是六级防御警报 |
[09:21] | The DEFCON scale only goes to five– | 防御警报只有五级 |
[09:23] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[09:24] | – And one is the most severe. – Whatever. | -并且一级是最高级别 -无所谓 |
[09:26] | We just had 1.5 big ones pulled out of the firm. | 刚刚公司有15亿资金撤出 |
[09:30] | – Oh, shit… – Yeah. | -该死 -对 |
[09:32] | That can only be one person… | 只能是一个人 |
[09:36] | It’s Grigor Andolov. | 格里戈尔·安德洛夫 |
[09:38] | And just so you know for the future: | 顺便说一下以防你未来再犯 |
[09:40] | you don’t have walk-in privileges. | 你没有擅自闯进来的特权 |
[09:43] | Sugarpova? | 莎娃糖 |
[09:45] | High end! | 高端 |
[09:47] | Yumster! | 美味 |
[09:53] | You knew? You were going to have us lie in the raise meetings. | 你早知道 你想让我们在募资会议上说谎 |
[09:56] | I thought I had a few more days until the redemption, | 我以为离赎回还有几天 |
[09:58] | which meant all the meetings we had wouldn’t have been lies. | 这样我们开会时说的话还不算谎言 |
[10:00] | The Street will see the drop in assets under management | 华尔街会看到管理资产额的下降 |
[10:02] | and read it as one of two things: redemptions or loss. | 并视其为基金赎回或损失 |
[10:05] | Either way fucks the cap raise. | 无论哪个都会毁了募资 |
[10:06] | Yeah, so. We lever up big, and quick. | 我们必须加大杠杆 要快 |
[10:09] | Leverage on that scale would have to flow | 这种规模的杠杆必须要引入 |
[10:10] | from the institutions. | 金融机构的资金 |
[10:11] | The Street will know we’re fucked. | 华尔街会知道我们搞砸了 |
[10:12] | Well, you have an alternative? | 你有其它主意吗 |
[10:15] | I do. Frotty Anisman. | 我有 擦擦·阿尼斯曼 |
[10:17] | – Gross. – Who? | -恶心 -谁 |
[10:19] | Liquid as hell. | 现金特别多 |
[10:20] | He works outside the main of the business. | 他游离于主流生意场之外 |
[10:22] | He’s a middle man for big money– | 他是个大额资金中介 |
[10:24] | Middle Eastern money, South American money, | 中东资金 南美资金 |
[10:26] | dictators, anyone who’s got it. | 独裁者 随便有钱的什么人 |
[10:29] | Sounds somewhat ideal. | 听起来挺理想 |
[10:30] | You don’t know him. | 你不认识他 |
[10:32] | That is an unpalatable idea, Wags. | 这主意令人作呕 瓦格斯 |
[10:34] | Does that mean it’s a no? | 这是否决吗 |
[10:36] | It’s an unpalatable idea… | 这主意令人作呕 |
[10:40] | Taylor, scour the floor for any quick plays | 泰勒 和大家说要用一切手段 |
[10:43] | to make up the shortfall. | 快速弥补资产下降 |
[10:45] | Obscure the reason, but make it clear the timeframe is now. | 模糊原因 但说清楚一刻也不能等 |
[10:53] | Say it. | 说 |
[10:54] | Carly. Victor. Panay. All the satellite funds. | 卡莉 维克多 巴奈 所有的卫星基金 |
[10:57] | Bring them onboard. | 引这些资金入局 |
[10:58] | Now, that’s a fucking good idea… | 这是个好主意 |
[11:00] | But the one thing more important than giving oxygen | 但比烧旺阿克斯资本这把火更重要的是 |
[11:03] | to the fire of Axe Cap is keeping my escape hatches open | 确保我的退路畅通 |
[11:05] | in case those pricks from the government | 以防政府又在我身上 |
[11:07] | ever come after me again. | 玩那些把戏 |
[11:08] | So, maybe, Raul. | 那么 劳尔怎么样 |
[11:11] | Time to call the cops. | 是时候联系警察了 |
[11:12] | Bring his fund back to the mothership. | 把他的钱带回母舰上 |
[11:16] | Raul, I got a treat for you tonight. | 劳尔 我今晚有道款待你的菜 |
[11:19] | This is the ramen that blew Osakisan’s mind in Tokyo. | 这是在东京震撼了尾崎先生的拉面 |
[11:24] | Enjoy. | 请享用 |
[11:24] | Thanks, Ivan. | 谢谢 伊万 |
[11:28] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[11:31] | It’s your piece of Panay. | 这是你的那份巴奈基金 |
[11:34] | The PIN is the date you came to Axe Cap. | 密码是你去阿克斯资本那天的日期 |
[11:37] | Prosperous day for us both. | 我们二人的发财之日 |
[11:39] | As they shall continue to be. | 也将一直如此 |
[11:41] | More so once you’ve come back. | 你回来的话那就更加名副其实 |
[11:43] | Shit. Come on, we’ve had some quiet success with Panay. | 该死 我们在巴奈基金上闷声发了点财 |
[11:47] | With your hand on the wheel, sure, | 当然是由你掌舵 |
[11:50] | but my board of directors likes quiet. | 但我的董事会喜欢安静 |
[11:53] | Your board likes Devin Hester returns | 你的董事会想看到德文·赫斯特复出 |
[11:56] | and I’m the only one who can take their money | 我是唯一一个能带着他们的钱 |
[11:58] | a hundred and nine yards to the promised land. | 跑一百零九码到达应许之地的人 |
[12:00] | You’re doing that. Through Panay. | 你通过巴奈基金已经在这么做了 |
[12:02] | Still too soon. | 还是太快了 |
[12:06] | Okay, if you’re not gonna come back yourself, | 要是你自己不回来 |
[12:09] | go to work for me. | 那就帮我做点事 |
[12:10] | Firefighters pension fund, Sanitation workers fund, | 消防员养老基金 环卫工人基金 |
[12:13] | Corrections officers– | 狱警 |
[12:15] | convince ’em to come onboard Axe Cap. | 说服他们注资给阿克斯资本 |
[12:18] | Come on, feed me some red meat, man. You’ll get a cut. | 给我点实惠 你会拿到分红的 |
[12:20] | You putting me out on the street like I used to | 你像我过去驱赶留着鼻涕的瘾君子线人一样 |
[12:22] | with my runny nosed junkie CIs. | 把我赶到大街上干活 |
[12:25] | Yeah, that drive in your pocket’s | 你口袋里的那个硬盘 |
[12:26] | gonna give you a lot more motivation | 会比你以前给他们的 |
[12:28] | than the crumpled twenties and the methadone tabs | 二十块旧纸币和美沙酮药片 |
[12:30] | you used to give them. | 给你更多动力 |
[12:32] | I’ll make some calls. | 我会打几个电话 |
[12:35] | And I won’t ask why you’re so desperate | 我就不问你为何如此急迫地 |
[12:36] | for this immediate cash infusion… | 想要快速集资 |
[12:42] | I almost didn’t take this meeting. | 我差点准备拒绝这次会议 |
[12:44] | Because Kate would have called me, | 因为凯特会给我电话 |
[12:46] | told me the agenda | 告诉我会议的目的 |
[12:49] | if it were something on the actual agenda. | 如果这个会议确实有什么目的的话 |
[12:52] | So you both need something from me, | 你们俩都需要我的帮助 |
[12:54] | but you’re here alone. | 但你却一个人来了 |
[12:55] | You didn’t want her compromised by asking. | 你不希望她因此受到牵连 |
[13:02] | There’s a reason you’re where you are in life, Franklin. | 你活得如此成功自有你的原因 富兰克林 |
[13:05] | There are many. | 原因可多了 |
[13:06] | Luck prominent among them. | 最重要的是运气 |
[13:09] | And, yes, certain tools, skills, abilities. | 当然 还有一些工具 技能 能力 |
[13:13] | How can I use those to benefit you today? | 这些又如何能受益于你呢 |
[13:15] | Good. Let’s go right at it. Yes. | 好 我们直切主题 |
[13:19] | I’m trying to understand how a particular set of deals | 我想知道某种类型的交易 |
[13:22] | would have been made several years back. | 在几年前是如何达成的 |
[13:25] | Local television station deals. In Texas. | 得州当地的电视台交易 |
[13:31] | By powerful government officials. | 由权力在握的政府官员主导 |
[13:34] | Dangerous ground for anyone to look at these days. | 现在任何人深究都会惹上麻烦 |
[13:37] | More so for you. | 尤其是你 |
[13:39] | Kind of man would I be if I let that danger stop me? | 我像是那种怕惹上麻烦的人吗 |
[13:42] | Are you particularly focused on deals | 你尤其想了解的交易 |
[13:44] | that revolve around a religious center | 是否有关某个宗教组织 |
[13:47] | and its ability to broadcast its message widely? | 及其广泛宣传教义的本事 |
[13:50] | I am. | 是的 |
[13:52] | I should be. | 我该这么查 |
[13:55] | Right? | 对吧 |
[13:56] | Follow me closely here. | 仔细听着 |
[13:59] | I can’t engage. | 我不能与此事扯上关系 |
[14:01] | Can’t talk specifically about it. | 不能就此细谈 |
[14:04] | I have a duty to my board and shareholders– | 我必须对我的董事会和股东负责 |
[14:06] | not to get the company on the shit list | 不让我的公司登上这个国家 |
[14:08] | of the most powerful lawman in the country– | 权力最大的执法官的黑名单 |
[14:10] | and I must hew to that. | 我必须遵守这点 |
[14:14] | Let’s speak more broadly, then. | 那我们谈些更宽泛的 |
[14:17] | Philosophically… | 理论上的 |
[14:20] | Not going to sit here and run you through how land deals– | 我不打算坐在这儿告诉你土地交易是如何 |
[14:24] | Whose land? | 谁的土地 |
[14:26] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:28] | How those deals were struck a decade ago | 那些交易在十几年前如何签订 |
[14:30] | to allow wires to run across half the state. | 从而使得电视电缆布满了大半个州 |
[14:33] | How land leases, conservation areas | 土地租赁 自然保护区 |
[14:35] | and water rights might have been eminent domained and such. | 水利权可能是如何被征用的 |
[14:39] | And what that might have cost who. | 谁到底用什么得到了什么 |
[14:42] | And who might have benefited. | 谁从中获益 |
[14:44] | I’d never ask you to give me that kind of info, | 我绝不会要求你提供这类信息 |
[14:46] | for the record. | 说真的 |
[14:47] | No, that’d be helping me. | 不 你要是真提供了就帮我大忙了 |
[14:50] | Which you are not. | 但你没有 |
[14:52] | The last time I was in Texas, Jock was still governor. | 上回我在得州 乔克还是州长 |
[14:56] | And had oversight over the entire state. | 他控制着整个州 |
[14:57] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[14:59] | What you don’t know is the ways | 但你不知道他是如何 |
[15:00] | in which he wielded that influence. | 施加他的影响力的 |
[15:02] | We all, every one of us in the media landscape, | 我们每一个媒体中人 |
[15:05] | had to kiss his ring. | 都得向他示忠 |
[15:07] | After that, I thought: been there, done that. | 那之后 我想 受够了 |
[15:10] | And stayed away. | 然后躲得远远的 |
[15:11] | Never thinking he’d end up in a place | 从没想过他能跑到另外一个地方 |
[15:13] | where he could do more damage. | 造成更大的伤害 |
[15:15] | Unless someone, somehow stopped him. | 除非有人能想办法阻止他 |
[15:28] | You’re white-knuckling your necktie. | 你死抓着领带干什么 |
[15:31] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[15:35] | Um…we’re having dinner | 我们要和 |
[15:36] | with the Attorney General and his wife. | 检察长夫妇共进晚餐 |
[15:39] | Tonight. | 今晚 |
[15:44] | Where are we going? | 我们上哪儿去吃 |
[15:46] | Well, they’ve, uh… | 他们 |
[15:49] | they’ve, uh, tired of restaurant eating. | 他们吃够了餐馆 |
[15:52] | Restaurant eating?… | 吃够了餐馆 |
[15:54] | That’s like being tired of air flying. | 这跟坐够了飞机有什么不同 |
[15:56] | What other kind is there? | 除此之外还能怎样 |
[16:03] | I’m really supposed to cook for these people? | 我真得给他们下厨做饭吗 |
[16:10] | Do we know anything about Mrs. Jeffcoat? | 我们对杰夫科特太太有任何了解吗 |
[16:13] | Uh…goes by Anne. | 别人叫她安妮 |
[16:16] | Actually, that’s her name. Probably goes by Mother. | 那其实是她的名字 别人可能叫她妈妈 |
[16:18] | So we’re doing this? | 所以我们真要下厨 |
[16:21] | Fuck. We’re doing this. | 该死 我们真得下厨 |
[16:25] | Well, I’m not putting on an apron. | 反正我不穿围裙 |
[16:27] | That’s not a story they’re leaving with. | 不能让他们到处说我给他们做饭了 |
[16:31] | What then? | 那怎么办 |
[16:39] | A quick thing? | 迅速聊两句 |
[16:40] | Sure. | 行 |
[16:42] | Spartan-Ives for you. | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯找你 |
[16:43] | Axe, I’ve got Kansas City in town. | 阿克斯 我找来了堪萨斯城 |
[16:46] | The Heavy Construction Laborers Union fund. | 重型建筑工会基金 |
[16:48] | They heard you got your icebreaker. | 他们听说已经有人给你投了钱 |
[16:49] | They’re coming to you for a meeting. | 他们来找你开个会 |
[16:51] | Starting investment is 500 million. | 首轮投资五亿 |
[16:53] | Well, we’ll see about upping that number. Send them in. | 我们会想办法把这个数字提上去 让他们来 |
[16:56] | Just a warning: they’re straitlaced. | 先警告你 他们要求非常严格 |
[16:58] | I’m taking them to Cats, not The Box. | 我带他们来是看正货的 不要什么偏门左道 |
[17:00] | Okay. So we’ll give them milk with their Michter’s. | 好 我们会给他们的威士忌里掺牛奶的 |
[17:04] | And when we’re sitting at the table with ’em, | 等我们跟他们坐下来谈 |
[17:05] | you sell them the car with the Tru-Coat sealant you hear? | 你得好好跟他们讲解 听到了吗 |
[17:08] | Go Bears! | 没问题 |
[17:10] | You came in for something. | 你找我有事 |
[17:11] | A minor key personal thing. | 一件个人的小事情 |
[17:13] | Can you arrange NoMad for me and some out of town guests? | 你能帮我和几位外地的客人预约诺玛德餐厅吗 |
[17:16] | Sure. Oscar isn’t wired in New York? | 行 奥斯卡在纽约没人脉吗 |
[17:18] | He is, but I want to deliver this for him as a present. | 他有 但是我想把这个作为送给他的礼物 |
[17:21] | It’s a business thing, a little celebration. | 是生意上的事 小小庆祝一下 |
[17:23] | Okay. I’ll call Will Guidara now. | 好 我这就给威尔·戈戴拉打电话 |
[17:29] | You really are starting a war. | 你是真要挑起一场战争 |
[17:31] | Like Costner did in Wolves. | 就像《与狼共舞》里的科斯特纳 |
[17:33] | Riding right up to the enemy line, | 一口气冲进敌人的战线 |
[17:35] | letting ’em take their shots at you, | 让他们冲你开枪 |
[17:37] | almost daring them to kill you. | 赌他们敢不敢杀了你 |
[17:39] | Like him, I am the walking wounded already. | 跟他一样 我已经身受重伤 |
[17:42] | Might as well go out Bon Jovi style. | 那还不如学邦乔维的风格 |
[17:43] | Blaze of Glory, huh? | 殊死一搏 《荣耀之光》 是吧 |
[17:45] | You’ve worked for me a long while, Kate, | 你在我手下工作很久了 凯特 |
[17:47] | you’ve studied hard. Good one. | 你很努力 非常优秀 |
[17:49] | So we can’t talk you out of this one? | 所以我们就是劝不住你了 |
[17:50] | No. | 不能 |
[17:52] | But we can be more careful than Mr. Costner was. | 但我们能比科斯特纳更小心 |
[17:55] | So as not to tip off Main Justice | 比如在立案前 |
[17:57] | until the case is built. | 不要向司法部泄露消息 |
[17:58] | Not easy. | 这不容易 |
[18:00] | We refer to this defendant as “Anonymous” | 我们称调查对象为匿名 |
[18:04] | so we don’t have to notify the Inspector General | 这样就不用通知检察长 |
[18:06] | and do a Special Grand Jury, | 也用不着高级专案陪审团 |
[18:08] | which would blow this whole thing up. | 那样会搞砸整个事情 |
[18:11] | We have to build this one alone. | 我们必须单独立案 |
[18:13] | And yeah. That ain’t gonna be easy. | 是的 这不容易 |
[18:15] | But, hey, if we wanted to be in the “Easy” business, | 但要是我们只想做”容易”的事 |
[18:19] | we’d have gone to med school. | 那我们就去上医学院了 |
[18:21] | I really have taught you well. | 学得真不错 |
[18:23] | So the guy you need to see is Ashley Cutler. | 所以你要见的是阿希里·卡特勒 |
[18:26] | He’s a principal at Cutler Wealth Management. | 他是卡特勒健康管理公司的负责人 |
[18:29] | It’s that New York City hedge fund that manages | 是纽约对冲基金在管理 |
[18:31] | the financial assets of Jock’s brother’s megachurch. | 乔克兄弟的大教堂的金融资产 |
[18:33] | Why don’t I go over there? | 为什么不去一下那里呢 |
[18:34] | Because Cutler Wealth Management is a front. | 因为卡特勒健康管理公司只是用来掩人耳目的 |
[18:44] | It’s a broom closet in Midtown. | 只是一间市中心的杂物室 |
[18:48] | What’s behind it? | 那它背后是什么 |
[18:49] | We don’t know yet. | 还不知道 |
[18:50] | But we drilled down and found his residence. | 但是我们深入调查 发现了他的房子 |
[18:53] | Expensive property outside of Newburgh. | 纽堡外一处豪宅 |
[18:55] | His EZ Pass and his phone have him at the house. | 他的道路通行证和手机证明他住在那里 |
[18:59] | You can’t take your government car. | 你不能开政府车去 |
[19:02] | Rental, in my name, in the garage. | 用我名字租的车 在车库 |
[19:05] | Good. | 好 |
[19:07] | I should get on the road, | 我得上路了 |
[19:09] | I have a dinner I really can’t miss. | 晚上有一顿很重要的聚餐 |
[19:12] | I thought we were making progress. | 我以为我们一直在进步 |
[19:14] | When I’d heard you’d stood up to Dollar Bill. | 特别是我听说你力抗”美元大亨”的时候 |
[19:16] | Me too! | 我也这样以为 |
[19:17] | …But it didn’t last. | 但好景不长 |
[19:19] | I think the snap back made me even more timid, somehow. | 我觉得反弹某种程度上反而让我更胆小了 |
[19:23] | What happened today? | 今天发生了什么 |
[19:24] | You know we’re looking for short term cash generators. | 你知道我们在找短期赚钱的项目 |
[19:27] | I have one. | 我找到了一个 |
[19:32] | I’d like to talk, um, to you later. | 我想…等会和你谈谈 |
[19:35] | I have, maybe, I might have an idea to generate alpha, quickly. | 我可能有个…短期获得超额收益的投资项目 |
[19:40] | Go! | 现在说吧 |
[19:42] | Here? | 在这吗 |
[19:43] | This is where it all happens. Let fly. | 这里就是谈事情的好地方 放飞自我 |
[19:46] | Now. | 现在说 |
[19:48] | I’ve… | 我这几年一直… |
[19:50] | been tracking rental car companies for years. | 在追踪租车公司 |
[19:53] | Is this an automotive play? | 是汽车产业方面的吗 |
[19:54] | Because we’re well covered in that space. | 我们在该产业涉足的够多了 |
[19:57] | -It isn’t. | 不是的 |
[19:58] | But there’s a kernel of an idea that’s grown… | 但是我想法的核心是… |
[20:02] | -And? | 然后呢 |
[20:06] | But I couldn’t pitch it. | 但我说不出口 |
[20:08] | And then, I couldn’t even…go… | 我甚至不能…出来 |
[20:13] | Go? | 出来什么 |
[20:19] | It’s hard to concentrate with all of you watching right now. | 你们看着我我无法集中注意力 |
[20:22] | Pee. I had pee fright. | 尿出来 我一紧张就尿不出来 |
[20:29] | Come on. Let’s walk. | 来吧 我们走走 |
[20:32] | We do assessments of everyone who works here. | 我们评估每一个员工 |
[20:34] | To see who might be a candidate for one of these offices. | 看看有没有有潜力能坐进那些办公室的人 |
[20:38] | The C-suite offices? | 可以坐进高级管理层办公室的人吗 |
[20:39] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[20:41] | Most of the time it just confirms | 但多数时候还是证实 |
[20:42] | that most folks are exactly where they should be. | 多数人都没有那个潜力 |
[20:44] | They’ve topped out. Or worse, are going to bottom out. | 他们都到了能力上限 糟糕的还会不断退步 |
[20:47] | Is that what mine says? | 我也是那样吗 |
[20:50] | Would I have brought you up here if you were bottoming out? | 如果你在退步我为什么带你来这呢 |
[20:53] | No…? | 不是吗 |
[20:53] | Well, actually, I might. If I thought you needed a jolt. | 也有可能是我想警告你一下 |
[20:56] | But this is not that. This is: right now, at this moment, | 但这次不是 现在 |
[20:58] | if you want to finally live the fuck up | 如果你想升职 |
[21:00] | to your potential instead of spiraling, | 发挥出自己的潜力 而不是原地打转 |
[21:02] | you must find a way to shift the paradigm. | 就必须改变自己 |
[21:07] | That could be your office, | 那间可以变成你的办公室 |
[21:08] | or that. | 或者那间 |
[21:09] | CIO, picking the strategies. | 可以选择投资策略的首席投资官 |
[21:11] | COO, managing the risk. | 管控风险的首席运营官 |
[21:13] | Maybe even… | 甚至可能是… |
[21:16] | Owner? | 老板吗 |
[21:18] | Yes, instead of being down there, | 没错 而不是待在底下 |
[21:21] | with them. | 和这些人一起 |
[21:23] | But that’s where I’m comfortable. | 但我在底下挺自在的 |
[21:24] | No. It’s where you’ve made yourself fit. | 不 那只是你把自己融入进去了 |
[21:26] | Because you’re so bound up in being the smallest, | 因为你把自己束缚在那个最狭义的 |
[21:30] | most helpful, unobtrusive version of yourself. | 乐于助人的 不引人注目的自己里面 |
[21:33] | Just like your mother shits on your head for. | 你妈妈就是这样轻视你的 |
[21:35] | Now, what you need to do to prove her wrong, | 现在 你要证明她是错的 |
[21:38] | and prove it to yourself, | 证明你自己 |
[21:39] | is something totally out of character, big and bold. | 改变自己的形象 变得大气 勇敢 |
[21:42] | Something public, | 站到人前去 |
[21:45] | that terrifies you, in order to free yourself. | 克服恐惧 解放自己 |
[21:48] | Like…recite a sonnet to a crowd. | 比如…对着人群背诵十四行诗 |
[21:52] | Invite the office to see you skydive. | 让同事看看你的跳伞表演 |
[21:55] | Become a Toastmaster. | 做一个宴会主持人 |
[21:56] | Something totally out of character. | 这样的打破固有印象的事 |
[21:59] | You have to break through the confidence barrier, | 你必须打破自己的信心结界 |
[22:01] | Because then…you’ll break through the C-suite barrier, too. | 然后就能打破壁垒 升职当管理 |
[22:28] | Sorry man, firefighters won’t touch you. | 对不起 消防员不愿意投资你 |
[22:31] | They sprint into burning buildings | 他们敢冲进着火的建筑 |
[22:32] | but they’re afraid of us? | 却不敢面对我们 |
[22:34] | It’s not fear, Wags, they’re still pissed about 9/11. | 这不是恐惧 瓦格斯 他们还对911心有余悸 |
[22:36] | A little bit. | 有点 |
[22:38] | What about Sanitation? | 那环卫工呢 |
[22:39] | Too many retired firefighters in that union. It’s a no-go. | 那里很多都是退休的消防员 行不通 |
[22:43] | If it’s one thing I know about you | 以我对你的了解 |
[22:45] | it’s that that wasn’t your only idea. | 你还有别的主意 |
[22:47] | You’ll move on to the next one and make it work. | 你会换个方法来达到目的 |
[22:49] | Not sure the next one’s fully formed. | 我还没想好另一个主意 |
[22:51] | That’s because you keep looking backwards | 因为你不停地往回看 |
[22:52] | to the kind of people who used to invest with you. | 看那些以前投资给你的人 |
[22:54] | Instead of forward | 而不是向前看 |
[22:56] | to the sort of folks you can get now. | 找你现在能合作的人 |
[22:58] | You have to change. | 你得改变一下 |
[23:00] | That’s what I learned on the job. | 这就是我从工作中学到的 |
[23:02] | Six percent of the class gets promoted to lieutenant. | 一个队中百分之六的人会晋升副队长 |
[23:04] | Other guys, they got a choice. | 其他人 只有一个选择 |
[23:05] | They either accept that they were left behind. | 要不接受技不如人的事实 |
[23:08] | Or they claw themselves forward taking shit assignments | 要不挣扎前进 |
[23:10] | no one else is willing to take. | 捡漏别人不想做的事 |
[23:12] | Hope to edge up from there. | 抱希望由此另辟蹊径 |
[23:22] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[23:24] | Let’s book that unpalatable meeting on City Island. | 咱们在城市岛见那个讨厌的人吧 |
[23:50] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:52] | I’m here to see Mr. Cutler. | 我来找卡特勒先生 |
[23:54] | I’m sorry, sir, Mr. Cutler’s not here. | 抱歉 先生 卡特勒先生不在 |
[23:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:58] | ‘Cause I have information that says he is. | 我得到的消息是他就在这里 |
[24:01] | He packed some things. He’s gone. | 他收拾了一些行李 已经走了 |
[24:05] | Look, uh… | 听着 |
[24:08] | I am the United States Attorney | 我是纽约南区的 |
[24:09] | for the Southern District of New York. | 美国联邦检察官 |
[24:11] | It’s an official matter. | 这是公事 |
[24:13] | You can check… | 你可以进来看看 |
[24:32] | Cutler’s on the lam or he went to the AG. | 卡特勒要么逃跑了 要么去找检察长了 |
[24:35] | Either way, he didn’t want to be tracked. | 不管走了哪条路 他都不想被追查到 |
[24:37] | Uh…impossible. He couldn’t have known you were coming. | 不可能 他不可能提前知道你要过去 |
[24:39] | Have you two been making your calls on government landlines? | 你们两个一直在用政府的座机打电话吗 |
[24:42] | Encrypted wireless. | 用的是加密的无线电话 |
[24:44] | Good. | 那就好 |
[24:45] | We have to find him. | 我们一定要找到他 |
[24:46] | Sacker, you got FBI you can trust? | 塞克 联邦调查局那边你有信得过的人吗 |
[24:48] | Yeah, I got a guy I can ask. He’s solid. | 有 我有个可以联系的人 他很可靠 |
[24:50] | Do it. | 联系他吧 |
[24:52] | 萨米海鲜餐厅 | |
[25:02] | Let’s make this quick. | 我们速战速决 |
[25:03] | Gotta get back for Gordie’s birthday. | 我还要回去给戈弟过生日 |
[25:15] | Hey, listen, I could do about six more of these. | 我差不多还可以再吃六个 |
[25:18] | I’ll bet. | 我信 |
[25:19] | You want? | 你要吃吗 |
[25:21] | No? | 不要吗 |
[25:24] | shit! | 烦死了 |
[25:26] | Alright. Look, Axe, you’re sitting with me. | 好吧 听着阿克斯 你来跟我见面 |
[25:28] | So I know you must be desperate as a fraternity pledge | 就说明你一定急了 就好像一个找不到舞伴 |
[25:32] | who can’t find a date for the screw-your-brother dance. | 去参加胡搞舞会的兄弟会新成员 |
[25:34] | Yeah, well, there’s a window into your youth | 我现在可不想听 |
[25:36] | I could’ve done without right now. | 你讲述你的青春往事 |
[25:38] | No. | 当然 |
[25:40] | But what you must need is capital. | 但是你一定需要资本 |
[25:43] | I’ll provide it. | 我会出资的 |
[25:44] | I’ll move in my Jordanian investors, | 我会让我的约旦投资人 |
[25:46] | as a purchase of twenty percent of your fund, passively, | 买下你们基金百分之二十的份额 |
[25:49] | no controls at all | 不要管理权 在投资 管理 |
[25:51] | on investment, management, risk, anything like that. | 风险等等方面 完全不会插手 |
[25:53] | So what do you want, | 那你想得到什么 |
[25:55] | apart from the payout that you get year to year? | 除了你每年会得到的分红 |
[25:57] | There are men who would be too proud to tell you. | 有些人会过于骄傲而说不出口 |
[26:00] | You’re not one of them. | 你可不是那种人 |
[26:02] | I want you to slap my name | 我要你把我的名字 |
[26:05] | on the ass end of yours, | 加到你名字的后面 |
[26:07] | so it’s Axe/Anisman Capital. | 公司变为阿克斯-阿尼斯曼资本 |
[26:11] | There’ll be no ass slapping of any kind, Frotty. | 我的名字后面什么都不能加 擦擦 |
[26:14] | It’s Axe Cap. And it will stay that way | 阿克斯资本永远不会变 |
[26:16] | until they drop me in a hole and toss the dirt in. | 除非有人把我丢进坑里 再把土填实 |
[26:19] | Fine. Alright. Forget the name. | 好吧 名字就不加了 |
[26:21] | But, uh… I need your glow. | 不过 我要沾沾你的光 |
[26:26] | I want you to hug me in public. | 我要你在公共场合跟我拥抱 |
[26:30] | Come to my conference in Tulsa, | 来塔尔萨参加我的会议 |
[26:32] | tell folks I am a wise counselor | 告诉大家我是一个睿智的顾问 |
[26:34] | whose words have great weight for you. | 你很看重我说的话 |
[26:36] | You think standing next to our boy | 你觉得跟我们的老板站在一起 |
[26:38] | will make that mirepoix of psoriasis, dandruff, | 你那一身病 牛皮癣 头皮屑 |
[26:41] | and irritable bowel syndrome disappear? | 肠易激综合征就会消失了吗 |
[26:44] | I don’t have IBS. Technically. | 严格地说 我没有肠易激综合征 |
[26:46] | And yes I do think so. | 不过我确实这么认为 |
[26:48] | Because while he’s surfed above it all, | 因为在他风风光光的时候 |
[26:50] | I’ve been treated like Eddie Mush with a pocketbook. | 别人却把我当作拿着钱包的埃迪·穆什 |
[26:50] | 电影《布朗克斯的故事》中的角色 | |
[26:53] | If you want my Jordanian money, | 如果你想要约旦的钱 |
[26:57] | you got to cuddle up. | 就得跟我搞好关系 |
[27:06] | I’ll agree. | 我同意 |
[27:08] | With one condition: If I want to buy you out in a year– | 有一个条件 如果我一年之后要买断你 |
[27:12] | give you your money back with a profit–you have to let me. | 把钱连本带利地还给你 你必须得同意 |
[27:14] | I need that freedom. | 我需要这个自由 |
[27:19] | Well, that’s why you couldn’t make this deal with an institution. | 怪不得你跟那些机构谈不拢 |
[27:21] | No one would ever agree to that. | 没人会同意你的条件的 |
[27:24] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[27:26] | At a forty percent premium. | 要百分之四十的溢价 |
[27:33] | Okay, Frotty. | 好吧 擦擦 |
[27:36] | We’ll sign the deal at Axe Cap tomorrow. | 我们明天在阿克斯资本签约 |
[27:40] | I can’t wait to fucking announce this! | 我迫不及待要宣布这个消息了 |
[27:43] | Hey. Alright. | 好了 |
[27:44] | You guys want one of these, huh? | 你们要不要尝一个 |
[27:47] | They’re Wellfleet’s. | 这是从韦尔弗利特进的货 |
[27:48] | They’re plump and briny, like my dream dates. | 又饱满又咸湿 跟我的梦中情人一样 |
[27:53] | No? | 不要吗 |
[27:55] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[28:02] | boys… | 孩子们 |
[28:04] | Hi, Dad. | 你好 爸爸 |
[28:07] | Nice you showed up for your own kid’s party. | 你真行 来参加自己儿子的派对 |
[28:09] | An hour late. | 还迟到一个小时 |
[28:10] | Well, looks like everybody’s got | 看起来没有我 |
[28:11] | right into the spirit of it without me. | 大家也玩得很开心 |
[28:13] | Should we have waited to get started? | 难道我们要等你来了才开始吗 |
[28:15] | Wow, you open any door in this fucking city, | 真是随便打开一扇门 |
[28:18] | the dregs blow right in. | 就能看到人渣 |
[28:20] | Well, this is my apartment. So can’t keep me out. | 这是我的房子 你挡不住我 |
[28:24] | Enjoying that? | 好吃吗 |
[28:26] | Hells to the yeah. | 那还用说 |
[28:27] | Pizza’s ready in five minutes! | 再有五分钟披萨就好了 |
[28:37] | Bruno… | 布鲁诺… |
[28:43] | Sorry to encroach. | 抱歉我不请自来了 |
[28:47] | I had a feeling I’d see ya, but Gordie likes the pies. | 我就感觉会见到你 但戈弟喜欢这种披萨 |
[28:55] | Look, whatever went down between us, | 听着 不管我们之间有什么过节 |
[28:57] | I’d do anything for your kids. | 我还是愿意为你的孩子做任何事情 |
[28:59] | Oh, fuck… | 他妈的 |
[29:01] | I never meant for business to get between us. | 我从来都不希望生意破坏了我们的感情 |
[29:06] | I should’ve never brought it to you in the first place. | 我当初就不应该把你牵扯进来 |
[29:10] | Friendship should stay clean. | 友情就应该干干净净的 |
[29:18] | Cent’anni. | 长命百岁 |
[29:19] | To your beautiful family. | 敬你美好的家庭 |
[29:26] | Alright. | 好了 |
[29:27] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你一件事 |
[29:31] | When you started out way back, | 你刚起步的时候 |
[29:33] | everybody else in the neighborhood, | 你周围所有的人 |
[29:34] | they took juiced up money, Shylock money, mob money. | 他们收贩毒的钱 高利贷的钱 帮派的钱 |
[29:39] | So how did you stay away from it all these years? | 这么多年你是怎么做到不沾惹这些的 |
[29:41] | Ahh, kid, the kind of money those guys give you, | 孩子 那些人给我的那种钱 |
[29:45] | I mean, it’s not like the points on a regular loan. | 跟一般贷款的利息可不一样 |
[29:49] | You end up renting out a hundred percent of your own ass. | 最后你要把自己的钱全都搭进去 |
[29:54] | No seed money is worth that… | 什么样的种子基金也不值得我做那种事 |
[29:58] | So I scraped it together myself. | 所以我自己凑够了钱 |
[30:02] | Right. | 好吧 |
[30:03] | And I had my family looking at me like I was a hero, | 我的家人把我当成英雄 |
[30:08] | a good man. | 当成一个好人 |
[30:12] | I never wanted to lose that. | 我不想丢掉这一切 |
[30:18] | You kid… | 孩子呀 |
[30:21] | Alright, come on! | 好了 来吧 |
[30:24] | I got pizza! Hot and ready. Come on! | 我拿了刚出炉的披萨 快来吃吧 |
[30:26] | – Hell yeah! – I got a Margherita. | -好呀 -有玛格丽特披萨 |
[30:28] | I got a clam with bacon. | 培根蛤蜊披萨 |
[30:29] | I got a pepperoni coming up… | 还有一个意式香肠披萨马上就好 |
[30:33] | You grind up about four pounds of fresh meat. | 碾碎大概四磅的鲜肉 |
[30:36] | Anything’s acceptable– | 什么肉都有 |
[30:37] | rabbit, possum, unidentified. | 兔肉 负鼠 还有各种说不出名字的肉 |
[30:40] | Stay away from skunk, though, | 但是千万避开黄鼠狼 |
[30:42] | since its odoriferous tends to have | 因为它的臭气可能 |
[30:44] | a negative effect on the final result. | 会造成不好的影响 |
[30:46] | And that’s Texas Roadkill Chili? | 这就是德州路死大餐吗 |
[30:48] | It is indeed. | 没错 |
[30:49] | Smells a little bit like this tuna. | 闻起来和这个金枪鱼差不多 |
[30:54] | Your cook seems good. | 你的厨师真不错 |
[30:57] | Where’s Chuck? | 查克呢 |
[31:05] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[31:21] | Oh, motherfucker. | 操蛋了 |
[31:29] | No service. | 竟然没信号 |
[31:33] | motherfucker. | 你大爷的 |
[31:36] | Motherfucker. | 操你大爷的 |
[31:59] | Could you perchance raise him via telephone, | 你能不能打个电话联系他一下 |
[32:02] | find out what’s keeping him? | 问问他怎么还没到 |
[32:03] | I mean, if it’s something big, maybe I should be in on it, too. | 如果有什么大事的话 我或许也该去看看 |
[32:08] | Is it? Big? | 是大事吗 |
[32:12] | Did he say where he is, what he’s up to? | 他有没有说他要去哪 去干什么 |
[32:14] | I have tried. | 我打过了 |
[32:16] | He must be stuck on the subway. | 一定还在地铁上吧 |
[32:18] | I rode it once and was warned | 我坐过一次地铁 别人告诉我说 |
[32:20] | that they expose themselves to women down there. | 他们对女性有露阴癖 |
[32:23] | Who’s “They”? | 他们指谁 |
[32:24] | You know, in Japan they took out all the seats. | 你知道吗 在日本 人们会把座位撤掉 |
[32:27] | So now they’re all crushed up together | 所有乘客都挤在一起 |
[32:28] | like they’re on some death camp train from the Deuce. | 就像是要前往集中营一样 |
[32:32] | Let’s put Japan on the never list, then. | 那咱们之后还是别去日本了 |
[32:35] | it is, sugar. It is. | 绝对不会去的 亲爱的 |
[32:38] | Oh, my God, oh, my God. | 天哪 天哪 |
[32:40] | Finally. | 你终于回来了 |
[32:42] | Who’s the help? | 这帮手是谁 |
[32:43] | Axe’s chef. | 阿克斯的主厨 |
[32:45] | Let’s not share that with our guests. | 这事可不能告诉我们的客人 |
[32:51] | – Hello. Forgive me. – Oh, there he is! | -你们好 请原谅我 -终于来了 |
[32:52] | Very sorry. | 抱歉我现在才来 |
[32:54] | You remember my one and only? | 你还记得我的爱人吗 |
[32:55] | Yes, of course. What a pleasure. Hello. | 当然 很荣幸见到你 |
[32:56] | Where ya been? On a hot one? | 你去哪了 泡妞去了吗 |
[32:58] | You know, just making the rounds, | 就是转了一下 |
[33:00] | seeing that all the patients are in bed and well tended to. | 因为病人们都差不多上床休息了 |
[33:02] | – You know. – Federal Day? | -没啥 -去联邦日了吗 |
[33:04] | Uh, you know it. Yeah. | 对呀 你知道的 |
[33:06] | No. | 不是 |
[33:09] | I don’t think that’s where you were. | 我觉得你没去联邦日 |
[33:10] | You wouldn’t be late ’cause of that. | 你不可能因为这点小事就迟到 |
[33:13] | Really. | 是嘛 |
[33:14] | You’re working something… | 你在忙一些事情 |
[33:17] | It’s big, isn’t it? | 一些大事 对不对 |
[33:19] | But you don’t want me to know anything about it. | 但是你一点都不想让我知道 |
[33:29] | You want to surprise me with a big win. | 你想用一次大获全胜给我惊喜 |
[33:32] | Do I have it? | 我说的对不对 |
[33:36] | Nailed me. | 全中了 |
[33:41] | Shall we all to table? | 我们是不是该用餐了 |
[33:43] | – Absolutely! – After you, sugar. | -当然 -你先请 亲爱的 |
[33:45] | – Thank you. – Please. | -谢谢 -请 |
[33:50] | Welcome. This is compliments of Mr. Axelrod. | 欢迎各位 这是来自阿克斯罗德先生的问候 |
[33:53] | Dom Perignon P2. | 唐·培里侬香槟王 |
[33:55] | Enjoy. | 请享用 |
[33:57] | Well, to Genometech Atlas, | 敬基因组图谱 |
[34:00] | and the closing on our final round this week… | 敬本周完成了最后一轮融资 |
[34:02] | And to the man who built it, Peyton Breen, | 还要敬它的创始人 佩顿·布林 |
[34:05] | a unicorn walking among us. | 我们中的独角兽 |
[34:06] | Could not have done it without you, Oscar. | 你才是最不可或缺的人 奥斯卡 |
[34:08] | Well, you could have, but how would you have paid for it? | 没有我也可以的 但是不然你怎么筹资呢 |
[34:12] | So, genomic mapping and decoding. | 基因定位及解码 |
[34:16] | A home-use diagnostic kit with an app-linked database– | 一个用手机应用连接数据库的家用医疗箱 |
[34:19] | That’s how we monetize. | 这就是我们变现的方式 |
[34:21] | Send in a sample, map your genome, | 寄送一份样本 监测你的基因 |
[34:23] | find out exactly what drugs you should be taking, | 准确找出你最应该吃什么药 |
[34:25] | for what deficiency, what disease, how much, when. | 怎么吃 什么疾病 多少钱 何时吃 |
[34:29] | It will start as a shortcut for doctors and patients, | 期初 这能简化医生与病人的诊断流程 |
[34:32] | but eventually, there won’t be doctors. | 但是最终 就不需要医生了 |
[34:34] | Only the app and the patient. | 只有手机应用和病人 |
[34:36] | That’s how we really monetize. | 这才是变现的最终方法 |
[34:39] | I never thought I’d be excited to hear someone | 我从没想过 听到有人撇开了医疗业的 |
[34:40] | cut the human interface out of medicine | 人为干预时 会这么激动 |
[34:42] | but I think I am. | 但是我现在真的很激动 |
[34:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:47] | We have so few nights together, | 我们只有不过短短几晚时间 |
[34:49] | thank you for spending one on this. | 谢谢你愿意为这个项目抽出时间 |
[34:51] | Thank you for including me in your work. | 谢谢你们愿意让我参与这个项目 |
[34:54] | You’re incredible. | 你太棒了 |
[35:07] | Anisman should be here any minute. | 阿尼斯曼随时会到 |
[35:09] | Grigor and his fucking money. | 格里戈尔和他该死的钱 |
[35:11] | I never take it, he never pulls it. | 要是我不拿他的钱 他不撤资 |
[35:13] | I’m not even considering this. | 我根本不会考虑这个 |
[35:19] | I feel like Rick in Casablanca, | 我感觉自己就是《卡萨布兰卡》里的瑞克 |
[35:21] | selling out to Signor Ferrari. | 把自己出卖给了法拉利先生 |
[35:24] | Hello. | 您好 |
[35:30] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[35:36] | Oh, Jesus. | 天哪 |
[35:38] | Frotty Anisman. | “擦擦”·阿尼斯曼 |
[35:40] | I should have sniffed him out | 我应该早就从 |
[35:41] | from all the Sadelle’s they carted in before. | 他们约见的人里认出他来的 |
[35:44] | The fuck they call him Frotty? | 为什么叫他”擦擦” |
[35:45] | Short for ‘frottage.’ | 这是”性擦擦”的隐喻版 |
[35:46] | As in stay out of close quarters with him. | 让人们别离他太近 |
[35:50] | I’m still lost. | 我还是没听懂 |
[35:51] | The practice of rubbing against another person’s clothed body | 在人群中 通过与他人穿着衣服的身体 |
[35:54] | in a crowd for sexual gratification. | 进行接触或摩擦而获得性满足的行为 |
[35:57] | But for the record, it’s pronounced frot-tahge. | 顺便说一句 正确名称叫”性摩擦” |
[36:02] | Totally gross | 太恶心了 |
[36:04] | unless you’re ScarJo and JoGo in Don Jon. | 除非你是《唐璜》里的斯嘉丽·约翰逊和朱丽安·摩尔 |
[36:07] | Then it’s hot as fuck. | 这样的话就太性感了 |
[36:13] | He’s here. | 他到了 |
[36:15] | I’m gonna go greet. | 我去迎接 |
[36:26] | Hey, how was NoMad? | 基因组图谱聚餐如何 |
[36:28] | It was perfect. Thank you so much for setting it up. | 很完美 非常感谢你费心安排 |
[36:30] | Oscar loved it. And so did Peyton Breen… | 奥斯卡很喜欢 佩顿·布林也是 |
[36:34] | Good. Glad to hear it. | 好 那就好 |
[36:36] | So you’re really doing it, | 你真的要这样做 |
[36:37] | selling off a piece of Axe Capital. | 出售阿克斯资本的部分股权 |
[36:39] | Will it be worth it for the cap raise? | 这对融资利大于弊吗 |
[36:41] | Well, we’ll see. | 到时候就知道了 |
[36:50] | Ah, shit! | 见鬼 |
[36:56] | So, you ready to go? | 你准备好了吗 |
[36:59] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:01] | All right. I guess this is what we’re doing. | 估计我们就要签字画押了 |
[37:04] | It seems to be. | 看似是的 |
[37:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[37:11] | We’re almost there, huh? | 就差最后一哆嗦了 |
[37:13] | Almost closed on the deal of it all. | 这笔交易就要画上句号了 |
[37:16] | We have a deal. | 我们说好了的 |
[37:17] | Yes, we do. | 是的 |
[37:18] | Alllllmosst. | 就差一点 |
[37:20] | Because I got to thinking about what I am buying. | 因为我考虑了一下我买的是什么 |
[37:22] | And I realized | 而我意识到 |
[37:24] | I’m leaving the most valuable part untapped. | 最有价值的那部分我没有利用起来 |
[37:26] | And what’s that? | 哪部分 |
[37:27] | Your trades. | 你的交易 |
[37:30] | I can make far more money following you | 跟着你买卖赚的钱 |
[37:32] | than I even will owning you. | 远比拥有你的公司赚得多 |
[37:33] | You won’t be owning me. | 你拥有不了我 |
[37:35] | You’ll be owning a small piece of my company | 你只会拥有我公司的一小部分股权 |
[37:37] | that I can call back. | 而且我随时都能回购 |
[37:39] | All the more, sir, all the more. | 尤其是 先生 尤其是 |
[37:42] | I need total transparency. | 我需要完全透明化 |
[37:44] | And you’re gonna give it to me because you got nothing else. | 你一定会给我 因为你们给不出别的什么了 |
[37:47] | Gornisht. Bupkis. Nul. | 啥也没有 没玩意 零 |
[37:54] | I can’t do it… | 我不能给 |
[37:57] | I won’t do it… | 我不会给的 |
[38:02] | Go home. I pass. | 回家吧 不签了 |
[38:05] | You need me. | 你需要我 |
[38:07] | You’re not getting anywhere without me and my money. | 没有我和我的钱你什么都做不成 |
[38:10] | Frotty, I got billions of dollars, hundreds of employees, | 扯淡 我有数十亿的资产 数百名员工 |
[38:13] | and two kids at home who think I can fly. | 家里还有两个认为我是超人的孩子 |
[38:15] | What the fuck do you have? | 你他妈有什么 |
[38:18] | The only thing you need. | 你唯一需要的东西 |
[38:19] | More. | 更多 |
[38:22] | All the same, get the fuck out. | 那也一样 给我滚吧 |
[38:30] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[38:33] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[38:42] | You know I love it when you move with the mystery of Yahweh, | 你知道我欣赏你的出其不意 |
[38:45] | but what the fuck? | 但这是闹哪出 |
[38:47] | I hope you have something | 但愿你有后路 |
[38:48] | because you just threw out the thing we had. | 因为你刚刚把我们最后一根稻草扔出去了 |
[38:53] | I might. | 可能有 |
[38:55] | I just might. | 只是可能 |
[38:56] | We got Cutler. Dive motel in Newark. | 抓到了卡特勒 他藏在纽瓦克的汽车旅馆里 |
[39:02] | He bought a plane ticket from Newark to Caracas, in cash. | 他用现金买了一张从纽瓦克去加拉加斯的机票 |
[39:05] | But he entered his TSA number when he checked in. | 但是他入住的时候用了旅游储蓄协会的会员号 |
[39:07] | So we canvassed all the local hotels. | 所以我们彻底排查了当地的酒店 |
[39:09] | Nice work, Dancshazy. | 干得漂亮 丹沙泽 |
[39:11] | You want us to take him in for processing? | 你们想让我们拘留他 好对他进行起诉 |
[39:13] | Not sure what charges you’re bringing. | 不知道你们想要起诉什么 |
[39:14] | Even sitting on him for this long gonna be a problem | 扣押他这么久也会是个问题 |
[39:16] | unless you’ve got something on him– | 除非你们有他的把柄 |
[39:18] | You can go. It’s just a chat. | 你可以走了 我们只是闲聊一下 |
[39:20] | By the time we’re done he won’t be filing any complaints. | 我们搞定的时候他是不会投诉的 |
[39:29] | Sir. | 长官 |
[39:32] | Mr. Cutler. | 卡特勒先生 |
[39:35] | Sweltering in Caracas right now. | 加拉加斯现在闷热得很 |
[39:38] | Unbearable. | 忍都忍不了 |
[39:40] | Why the sudden trip in the worsted wool? | 怎么突然间穿着精纺羊毛的套装出行 |
[39:43] | I heard on the wind it’d be a good time to go. | 我听说现在是去那的好时机 |
[39:45] | Ahh, New York finance whiz like you, | 你们这种纽约金融奇才 |
[39:49] | you’re probably making a currency play on the Bolivar. | 你很可能在搞博利瓦货币 |
[39:52] | Oh, but that’s right, | 不过 |
[39:54] | you’re not a New York finance whiz. | 你不是纽约金融奇才 |
[39:57] | Why the New York bust out shop? | 为什么纽约那边砸钱开店 |
[40:00] | I keep an address. | 我需要保留一个地址 |
[40:02] | It’s a move that’s widely practiced. | 这一招都被用烂了 |
[40:08] | Tell me about the Jeffcoats’ business | 跟我说说杰夫科特的生意 |
[40:11] | and you’ll be on your flight to Venezuela in no time. | 然后你就可以立即登上去委内瑞拉的飞机了 |
[40:14] | Let’s call the Jeffcoats. | 那就叫杰夫科特来 |
[40:16] | Together. If you’re so fucking interested. | 一起说 如果你真那么想知道 |
[40:20] | 发件人 卡尔·阿尔罗德 收件人 查克·罗兹 阿希里·卡特勒 2017年亏损-1500百万 2016年亏损-1200百万 2015年亏损-1300百万 | |
[40:22] | Sure, we can call them, | 当然 我们可以给他们打电话 |
[40:23] | but would they be happy to hear from you? | 但是他们真的愿意听到你的消息吗 |
[40:26] | You’ve been on a hell of a losing streak with their money. | 他们的钱在你这可是连年亏损 |
[40:30] | Markets are tough. | 市场不景气 |
[40:31] | Oh, a pack of monkeys throwing darts at a board | 一群猴子往键盘上扔飞镖 |
[40:33] | would do better than you… | 砸出来的结果都比你强 |
[40:35] | ten, twelve, fifteen million dollar losses… | 一千万 一千二百万 一千五百万的亏损 |
[40:40] | Ten years running! | 十年的经营 |
[40:42] | The church has a longer horizon than ordinary investors– | 教堂的收益预测期比一般的投资者要长 |
[40:46] | Come on, we both know you’re not executing any trades. | 得了 你我都知道你并没有执行任何交易 |
[40:50] | You know who that sounds like? | 你知道这听起来像谁吗 |
[40:52] | I’ll give you a hint, | 我给你个提示 |
[40:53] | 华尔街史上最大的骗子麦道夫因诈骗洗钱 被判处在该监狱服刑150年 | |
[40:53] | you’ll be rooming with him at Camp Butner. | 你会在巴特那联邦监狱跟他做室友 |
[40:56] | That’s right, Madoff. | 是的 麦道夫 |
[40:59] | Because I know the church is ‘investing’ with you, | 因为我知道教堂是在和你联手”投资” |
[41:01] | and you’re kicking it back as cash | 你用现金返点 |
[41:03] | and writing it off as losses. | 然后按亏损记账 |
[41:07] | Now, where the fuck did Jeffcoat get all this money | 那么 杰夫科特给你投的这些钱 |
[41:11] | he put with you? | 他都从哪弄的 |
[41:14] | I tell you, I get to leave? | 我说了 就可以走了吗 |
[41:14] | You’re fresh out of conditions. | 你没的选了 |
[41:17] | Jail or not? | 要不要坐监狱 |
[41:20] | Alright… | 好吧 |
[41:23] | The cable company. TexasSouthCable. | 那个有线电视公司 德州南部电视 |
[41:26] | Jeffcoats made their money by letting it run its lines | 杰夫科特让公司把线缆铺设在自家农场下面 |
[41:29] | underneath the family ranchland for monster licensing fees. | 赚取数额庞大的许可费 |
[41:33] | Four times market. | 市场价的四倍 |
[41:36] | They kicked back a chunk of that | 当然 他们会给有线电视公司的董事长 |
[41:37] | to the cable company president, of course… | 一些回扣 |
[41:40] | They got rich. | 他们就富起来了 |
[41:41] | How come the money never showed up as income? | 为什么这些钱从来没计入收入 |
[41:43] | Charitable donations. | 慈善捐款 |
[41:45] | – The church. – Yep. That was their laundry. | -教堂 -是的 那是给他们洗钱的 |
[41:48] | And they split up the cash, bought some television stations. | 他们把现金分掉 买一些电视台 |
[41:51] | Parishioners donated their money. | 教区居民捐钱 |
[41:53] | The church feeds that to me. | 教堂再把钱给我 |
[41:54] | I…you know, with the books. | 我就 你懂的 做账 |
[41:56] | And cut the shell corp checks. | 减掉皮包公司的账目 |
[42:02] | And to save yourself, you are willing to testify | 为了保全自身 你愿意指证 |
[42:05] | Jock Jeffcoat profited along with his brother? | 乔克·杰夫科特跟他兄弟获利吗 |
[42:09] | Still profits. | 直至今日 |
[42:11] | I know he does. | 我知道是如此 |
[42:16] | …Good thing is there’s no paperwork. | 好处是不用写报告 |
[42:18] | The Chuck Rhoades Special. | 查克·罗兹特别行动 |
[42:20] | So which case are we filing the OT under? | 所以我们这次加班算是在办哪个案子 |
[42:22] | Nah, we gotta eat this one for Kate. | 不 为了凯特这次行动就不上报了 |
[42:24] | I owe you… | 我欠你们的 |
[42:26] | Have a good night. | 晚安 |
[42:31] | You’re Agent Dancshazy. | 你是丹沙泽探员 |
[42:33] | You’re the new Special Counsel. | 你是新上任的特别检察官 |
[42:35] | We know each other. | 我们认识 |
[42:36] | We’ve met…night at the bar a while back… | 我们以前见过 很久之前有一晚在酒吧 |
[42:39] | just want you to know: I have no beef with you. | 只想告诉你 我对你没意见 |
[42:42] | Yeah. Sure. No problem. | 对 那行 没问题 |
[42:45] | Same team right? | 我们是一伙的对吧 |
[42:46] | Right. | 对 |
[42:48] | You. Me. Director Lynch. | 你 我 林奇局长 |
[42:49] | Sacker. Chuck Rhoades. All of us. All the way. | 塞克 查克·罗兹 所有人 一直都是 |
[42:53] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[43:07] | Have you done it? | 你做了吗 |
[43:08] | N-Not yet. | 还没 |
[43:10] | – I just– – Don’t you say the word ‘can’t’ to me. | -我只是 -别告诉我你做不到 |
[43:13] | You will. | 你可以的 |
[43:16] | The only question is when. | 唯一的问题是什么时候 |
[43:25] | …Beyond our long-short strategies and derivatives | 除了我们的多空策略和衍生产品 |
[43:27] | we look for options and inefficiencies | 我们还在寻找可转换债券套利的情况中 |
[43:29] | in convert arb situations. | 有哪些增长期权和非效率投资 |
[43:31] | We get the stability of a convert arb | 我们能保留可转换债券套利的稳定性 |
[43:33] | plus the multiplier effect of using those inefficient options. | 还有使用那些非效率期权的乘数效应 |
[43:36] | Taylor’s pitching a shut out in there. | 泰勒在那里投出了完封胜 |
[43:38] | These Kansas City yokels are lapping it up. | 这帮堪萨斯城的乡巴佬们简直是甘之如饴 |
[43:40] | Between that and playing you like the great and powerful Oz, | 再加上你表现成一位点石成金无所不能的大佬 |
[43:42] | too busy for the meeting, it’s working. | 根本没时间去开会 这绝对能成 |
[43:44] | – Good. – Groups like this | -很好 -这种人 |
[43:45] | never say yes in the room. | 从不会在开会时就答应投资 |
[43:46] | I’ll text you when the meeting breaks. | 等休会时我会给你发短信 |
[43:47] | Okay. Hey, I’ll catch you down by the elevator– | 好 我会在电梯那加入你们 |
[43:50] | “I had to at least say hello…” | “我一定要跟你们打个招呼” |
[43:51] | And ride down with them. | 然后送他们坐电梯下去 |
[43:52] | And, you know, try to ram it home. | 然后你懂的 把他们彻底搞定 |
[43:53] | Squirt some of that winner musk all over ’em. | 把那胜利的体液喷他们一身 |
[43:56] | I plan to. | 正打算如此 |
[44:10] | – Hey folks, folks. – Oh. Hi, Axe. | -伙计们 伙计们 -你好 阿克斯 |
[44:11] | I really wish I could’ve been in on that meeting with you, | 我真心希望我之前可以参加你们的会议 |
[44:14] | but I couldn’t let you out of here | 但我不能在还没跟你们见面 |
[44:15] | without looking you in the eye | 跟你们一一握手之前 |
[44:17] | and shaking your hand. | 就这么让你们离开 |
[44:19] | Eh, you know what, I’ll ride down with you. | 这样吧 我送你们下去 |
[44:22] | Thanks, Bobby. We appreciate that. | 谢谢你 波比 我们很感谢你 |
[44:24] | Yeah, thank you. Sure you’re busy. | 对 谢谢 我们知道你一定很忙 |
[44:26] | And so, how is our fair city treating you? | 你们觉得这美丽的城市怎么样 |
[44:33] | Not now. | 不是现在 |
[44:35] | Not now. Ben! | 不是现在 本 |
[44:36] | You tried Carmine’s yet?… | 你们去过卡尔米内餐厅了吗 |
[44:38] | – Not now. Psst. Ben! Ben! – Not yet. | -现在别去 本 本 -还没 |
[44:40] | We’re going tonight before Cats. | 我们在那用餐 然后去看《猫》 |
[44:42] | Isn’t it great they brought Cats back? | 《猫》又重返剧场了是不是超级棒 |
[44:43] | Absolutely… | 当然 |
[45:10] | Ben? | 本 |
[45:14] | Ben? | 本 |
[45:16] | Ben! | 本 |
[45:19] | Ben! | 本 |
[45:38] | You know, when it comes to pension fund managers, | 你知道 跟养老金管理人打交道的时候 |
[45:40] | these groups never give an answer in the room. | 这帮人从不当面做决定 |
[45:43] | But they did this time– | 但这次他们直说了 |
[45:44] | The answer was no– | 答案是不 |
[45:45] | It was ‘heck no.’ | 是绝对不可能 |
[45:48] | They didn’t like it? | 他们不喜欢吗 |
[45:51] | Found it offensive, called us unprofessional. | 他们觉得被冒犯 说我们根本不专业 |
[45:55] | So…what the hell was that? | 所以 你他妈到底是在搞什么 |
[46:03] | I’ve been tracking rental car usage in business cities, | 我一直在追踪经济中心城市的租车情况 |
[46:05] | developing relationships with managers there. | 跟那里的经营者保持着联系 |
[46:08] | Based on lots of activity in Milwaukee, | 根据密尔沃基市的很多动态 |
[46:09] | I’ve deduced a big move is going down… | 我推理出将有大事发生 |
[46:12] | Talk more. | 继续说 |
[46:14] | Managers of the main airport locations have confirmed | 机场主要租车点的经营者们已证实 |
[46:16] | that there are lots of Dutch passports | 有很多持荷兰护照的人士 |
[46:17] | being presented for car rentals. | 前来租车 |
[46:20] | Holland Inter-Bev’s going after Beer National. | 荷兰英特啤酒集团要对美啤公司采取行动 |
[46:22] | My sources were able to confirm, by GPS, | 我的线人已经通过卫星定位确认 |
[46:25] | that all these cars have been going from a Courtyard Marriott | 所有这些车都从一家万怡酒店 |
[46:27] | seven miles to– | 开车去了七英里外 |
[46:28] | Beer National’s Milwaukee headquarters. | 美啤公司在密尔沃基的总部 |
[46:31] | Right. | 没错 |
[46:32] | I think there’s a merger coming, | 如果不是一次购买 |
[46:33] | if not an outright purchase– | 我认为他们正打算合并 |
[46:34] | And Axe Cap will have positions in both companies, | 阿克斯资本将会持有两公司的股票 |
[46:36] | ready for the ride up on the announcement. | 为他们宣布时的股价上升做好准备 |
[46:45] | Well fucking done, Ben Kim. | 干得真他妈不错 本·金 |
[46:49] | Maybe next time, keep your shirt on… | 也许下一次的时候 你不用脱上衣 |
[47:17] | What the fuck?! | 搞什么鬼 |
[47:20] | This is where you would make some kind of reference | 这种事情你会用黑帮电影里 |
[47:21] | to a gangster movie betrayal. | 遭人背叛来做比喻 |
[47:23] | As I went to the barber | 就好像我去理发厅 |
[47:24] | and ended up on the floor like Joey Gallo. | 结果像乔伊·加洛一样被暗算 |
[47:25] | And you were the only one who knew I was getting a haircut. | 而你是唯一一个知道我打算去剪头发的人 |
[47:28] | I probably would. Yeah. | 我应该会这么打比方 没错 |
[47:29] | But Joey Gallo got killed at Umberto’s. | 但乔伊·加洛是在翁贝托餐厅被杀的 |
[47:31] | It was Anastasia who got it at the barber shop. | 在理发店被暗杀的是阿纳斯塔西亚 |
[47:33] | Also I didn’t kill you. | 而且我也没杀你 |
[47:35] | You are standing here in my office, | 你还活生生地站在我办公室里 |
[47:36] | not bleeding out on the linoleum. | 没有血染地毯 |
[47:38] | Same difference in our world. | 在我们这行就跟暗杀我一样 |
[47:39] | What, exactly, did you do? | 你到底做了什么 |
[47:43] | – Breen. – Bobby Axelrod. | -布林 -波比·阿克斯罗德 |
[47:46] | Now I know I’m in New York. | 现在我知道自己人在纽约了 |
[47:48] | It’s like seeing the Empire State Building or something. | 就好像看到了地标帝国大厦之类的 |
[47:50] | Well, I’m gonna give you the view the tourists never get. | 我可以带你去看普通游客没法看到的景色 |
[47:53] | The floor above the deck with the coin operated binocs. | 在有投币望远镜露台之上的那一层 |
[47:56] | Uh, what do I pay for that privilege? | 那为了这特权我得付出什么 |
[47:58] | No, no, no, the question is: what do I pay? | 不不不 问题应该是我要付出什么 |
[48:01] | How do I get you to break your letter of intent | 我要怎么做才能让你撕毁 |
[48:03] | with Oscar Langstraat? | 跟奥斯卡·蓝斯瑞特的合作意向书 |
[48:07] | Bought 50 percent of Breen’s company, at 200 million, | 买下了布林公司的50% 花了两亿 |
[48:10] | which placed its paper value at 400 total. | 这样他的公司账面价值就是四亿 |
[48:14] | Nasdaq have already confirmed they are ready to accept | 纳斯达克已经确认他们已准备好接受 |
[48:17] | our public offering at a valuation of 2.4 billion. | 我们价值24亿美元的报价 |
[48:20] | That is a billion added to the value | 这样我们资产负债表 |
[48:23] | of our balance sheets | 就多了10亿美元 |
[48:24] | and 800 million in gains this month… | 这个月赚了了8亿美元 |
[48:27] | It basically solves our problem. | 基本上解决了我们的问题 |
[48:29] | You sold out my relationship in order to do it. | 你为做成这个事出卖了我的情感关系 |
[48:31] | No, no. You did. | 不 明明是你卖的 |
[48:33] | That’s why you told me he was at your dinner. | 所以你才告诉我你和他一起吃饭 |
[48:41] | Congratulations, by the way. | 另外 祝贺你 |
[48:43] | You’ve earned out on your advance | 你不仅提前完成了任务 |
[48:44] | and you’re way into bonus already. | 还会得到很多提成 |
[48:48] | Hey– | 喂 |
[48:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[48:53] | No, you’re not. | 你才不抱歉 |
[49:13] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[49:22] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[50:51] | I just spoke to my dad. | 我刚刚跟我爸谈了 |
[50:56] | I figured you would. | 我猜到你会去 |
[50:58] | Was there really no other fucking way | 真没其他该死的办法 |
[51:00] | that you could’ve accessed that info? | 能让你获取信息了吗 |
[51:01] | Perhaps. But I couldn’t think of one, | 也许有 但我就是一个也想不到 |
[51:04] | and he was happy to help. | 而他很愿意帮忙 |
[51:06] | For me. | 为了我 |
[51:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[51:09] | And that’s good for you. | 对你可真是件好事 |
[51:11] | It’s like a Senator writing a letter | 这就像一个议员写信 |
[51:12] | nominating someone to the Naval Academy. | 给海军军官学校推荐了某人一样 |
[51:15] | There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. | 这些都没什么好羞愧的 |
[51:16] | I told you I need for him to avoid jeopardy. | 我跟你说了我需要为他避免危险 |
[51:20] | And I need to succeed on my own. | 我需要自我实现 |
[51:22] | As do I. | 我也是这么想的 |
[51:25] | And yet, I have found my own father | 至今为止 我已经知道我老爸 |
[51:26] | to be an endless source of help. | 会永远帮助我 |
[51:29] | Especially when I’m certain that I don’t need it. | 特别是在我确定我不需要的时候 |
[51:31] | I should be the one to decide that, Chuck. | 我该是那个做决定的人 查克 |
[51:34] | Sometimes. | 偶尔为之吧 |
[51:35] | But you came here to work for me. | 你是来这里为我工作的 |
[51:37] | Yeah, in a business that rewards various connections | 没错 干着讨好各种人脉 |
[51:41] | and keeps track of favors and chits. | 捋顺人情亏欠的勾当 |
[51:44] | Sure, I did. | 没错 是这样 |
[51:47] | Still, it just feels, uh… | 但 这还是有点 |
[51:50] | Kind of shitty. | 让人恶心 |
[51:52] | Right. | 是的 |
[51:54] | And also kind of good, in a way, | 但它也有好的一面 |
[51:57] | that my father came through. | 我父亲介入了 |
[51:59] | And that you went to him. And now I own that chit. | 然后你就跟着他了 而我现在欠着人情 |
[52:06] | Fuck. | 操 |
[52:07] | You really might have taught me too well. | 你可能真的把我教得太好了 |
[52:12] | That could bite you someday. | 也许会有一天反噬你 |
[52:15] | Well, I will gladly take that chance | 但我还是很愿意有机会 |
[52:18] | to have you with me today. | 在当下跟你一起工作 |
[52:48] | My children. You’ll notice they don’t whine. | 我的孩子们 你会注意到他们从不哭 |
[52:52] | You’ve trained them well. | 你把他们教育得很好 |
[52:54] | Credit these women with that– | 你还是夸奖这些女性吧 |
[52:56] | my wife, my ex, my mother, | 我的妻子 前妻 我母亲 |
[52:59] | But no. The kids came out that way. We were lucky. | 不是 孩子们天生如此 我们很幸运 |
[53:04] | Also, not American, which when it comes to whining, | 在该哭的时候 以非美国人的身份 |
[53:08] | really fucking helps. | 真是太方便了 |
[53:10] | That it does. | 没错 |
[53:11] | But you trained yourself though. | 但你还是训练过自己的 |
[53:13] | I took from you. You didn’t make a squeal or spill a tear. | 跟你学的 你既不出声也不流泪 |
[53:18] | Very un-American. | 非常不美国人了 |
[53:19] | Would it have worked? | 有效果吗 |
[53:21] | Only to make me never think of you again. | 只会让我再也不想到你 |
[53:24] | And somehow like the man, Teófilo Stevenson, | 就有点像特奥菲洛·斯蒂文森 |
[53:29] | you boxed your way out of the corner | 用自己的拳击方式打开一片天地 |
[53:31] | and found a way to cover your losses. | 并且学会掩盖失败 |
[53:35] | Well, what were the choices? | 不然还有什么选择呢 |
[53:36] | Exactly as I’d see it. | 正如我所料到的 |
[53:38] | In the end, I decided not to make the oil deal. | 最后 我决定不做那笔石油的生意 |
[53:44] | For you? | 为了你 |
[53:46] | No. | 不是 |
[53:47] | Eh, maybe a little bit. | 或许有一点点吧 |
[53:51] | But now I put the money back. | 现在我把钱放回去 |
[53:54] | Along with a promise to give you a warning | 加上一个承诺 在我决定再次撤资之前 |
[53:58] | before I pull it again. | 提前给你个警告 |
[54:01] | Best I could hope for. | 我不会期望更多了 |
[54:03] | I know you must’ve broken things– | 我知道你曾毁坏过 |
[54:05] | people, deals, | 人 生意 |
[54:07] | someone’s hopes and dreams– | 别人的希望和梦想 |
[54:09] | in order to get money back into your firm. | 只为了让你公司赚钱 |
[54:18] | But you swallow it, here, now, | 但你咽下了这口气 此地 此刻 |
[54:21] | because this is business and life | 因为这就是生意和生活 |
[54:23] | and who cares what it costs you? | 谁会管你付出了多少 |
[54:26] | Indeed. | 确实如此 |
[54:28] | I tell you… | 我告诉你 |
[54:30] | you must always have a three year old in your house, | 你必须时刻都有一个三岁的孩子在你家里 |
[54:34] | to make you appreciate life… | 来让你感恩生活 |
[54:35] | And you must also have your mother close. | 并且必须跟母亲保持亲近 |
[54:39] | To keep the line unbroken. | 来保证不逾越底线 |
[54:52] | There is plenty I would kill for, | 我愿意舍身取的东西太多了 |
[54:58] | you know, if we’re being honest. | 实话实话 |
[55:00] | And there’s no reason not to be. | 可现实让我们没理由这么做 |
[55:03] | But family, Axe, | 但是家庭 阿克斯 |
[55:06] | I would do things for these people | 我愿意为了这些人 |
[55:08] | that you couldn’t imagine. | 做出你想象不到的事 |
[55:11] | As they have all done for me. | 他们也已经为了我这么做了 |
[55:15] | Especially her, | 特别是她 |
[55:18] | my dear mama. | 我亲爱的妈妈 |
[55:34] | You’re the boy. | 你就是那个男孩 |
[55:36] | Aren’t you? In your story. | 对不对 你故事里的那个 |
[55:40] | Who took the wine from the stranger? | 拿了陌生人酒的那个 |
[55:43] | If that were true, | 如果那是真的 |
[55:46] | what would you be saying about my mother? | 你会怎么评价我的母亲 |
[55:52] | That she did what she had to do to protect her family. | 她为了保护家庭做了必须做的事 |
[55:57] | And you. | 你也是 |
[55:59] | And didn’t complain. | 不曾抱怨 |
[56:03] | I am fortunate to have her. | 拥有她我很幸运 |
[56:06] | You are a fortunate man, Grigor. | 你是个幸运的人 格里戈尔 |
[56:08] | We are both so. | 我们都是 |
[56:10] | And fortunate to have met when we did. | 我们能见面也很幸运 |
[57:12] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[57:15] | Hi Mom. | 你好 妈妈 |