时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:10] | Today you’re the man who brought down Lawrence Boyd. | 今天你是扳倒劳伦斯·博伊德的功臣 |
[00:13] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[00:14] | Today you’re Elvis. | 今天你是猫王 |
[00:16] | The only question now is — | 现在唯一的问题就是 |
[00:18] | which mansion will it be, Gracie or the Governor’s? | 要搬去哪座宅邸了 市长还是州长官邸 |
[00:21] | Head of Crim. Man, plum purchase. | 刑事主管 红得发紫的高位 |
[00:23] | Freaking launch pad of the private sector. | 简直就是跳槽去私企的最佳跳板 |
[00:25] | I mean, you land it, you’re minted. | 成功着陆 钞票就哗哗地来 |
[00:28] | My part is done for now. | 那就没我什么事了 |
[00:31] | Oh, what the fuck. | 搞什么 |
[00:32] | Hang for a minute, Bryan. | 稍安勿躁 布莱恩 |
[00:34] | Listen to what Bobby has to say. | 听听波比要说的 |
[00:36] | Come work for Bach’s firm, on my account. | 去巴赫的律所 为我的公司工作 |
[00:40] | You know what Rhoades is, Bryan, | 你知道罗兹是个什么样的人 布莱恩 |
[00:42] | and I know you made that call. | 我也知道是你打了那通电话 |
[00:46] | What did you do to get Axelrod to drop his civil suits? | 你是怎么让阿克斯罗德撤销民事诉讼的 |
[00:49] | I went back to work at Axe Capital. | 我回阿克斯资本工作了 |
[00:51] | I’m happy that it works for you. | 很高兴对你有帮助 |
[00:53] | But for us, I’m afraid it’s a deal breaker. | 但对我们来说 恐怕再也谈不下去了 |
[00:57] | If you ever decide to grapple with why you feel happiness | 你要是想弄清楚为何自己会因为 |
[01:00] | for you can only exist in the company | 只能身处一个全都是21岁短发女孩的公司 |
[01:02] | of hairless 21-year-old girls, | 而感到开心 |
[01:04] | come see me. | 再来找我 |
[01:05] | We can fix that quick. | 我们能很快解决这问题 |
[01:09] | Thanks for taking the meeting. | 感谢你能参加这个会议 |
[01:10] | Anything for Bruno. | 为了布鲁诺我做什么都乐意 |
[01:12] | Sandicot’s downtown is ripe for redevelopment. | 桑迪科特县中心准备好进行改造了 |
[01:14] | The whole county’s on the edge of default. | 整个县处在债务违约的边缘 |
[01:16] | If they don’t get the casino, | 如果他们得不到赌场的话 |
[01:17] | it goes from something to consider | 就会从需要考虑的事情 |
[01:18] | to something to never think about again. | 变成再也不用考虑的事情了 |
[01:20] | Move forward with the bond. | 市政债券的事往前推进 |
[01:22] | The casino is coming to Sandicot. | 赌场要建到桑迪科特 |
[01:24] | We are committing to this play. | 这一票我们干定了 |
[01:26] | Sandicot’s not getting the gaming license. | 桑迪科特没拿到博彩牌照 |
[01:29] | It’s over. | 这事没戏了 |
[01:51] | How did I get fucked? | 我是怎么被坑的 |
[01:53] | That casino was supposed to be locked-the-fuck in. | 那赌场应该是板上钉钉的事 |
[01:56] | When an op goes sour, | 当行动变质的时候 |
[01:58] | we’re taught to go back to its genesis. | 我们应该寻其根源 |
[02:11] | Bobby. | 波比 |
[02:13] | Put the bat down. | 把球棒放下 |
[02:16] | The gaming license went to another town. | 博彩牌照给了另一个镇 |
[02:19] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[02:20] | Let’s have a talk with your nephew. | 我们要和你侄子谈谈 |
[02:38] | Who paid you? | 谁买通的你 |
[02:39] | It’s not like that. | 不是那样的 |
[02:41] | Marco, it better fucking not be. | 马尔科 最好他妈的不是那样 |
[02:43] | It’s not, Uncle Bru. | 不是那样 布鲁诺叔叔 |
[02:45] | It’s not, Mr. Axelrod. | 不是那样的 阿克斯罗德先生 |
[02:47] | And you, sir. | 还有您 先生 |
[02:50] | – I’m gonna be sick. – You should be… | -我快吐了 -你活该 |
[02:53] | because you know who you really hurt with this move. | 因为你知道这个举动真正会伤害到谁 |
[02:55] | There was no move. | 没有什么举动 |
[02:56] | You fronted like the whole thing was wired. | 你表现得好像整件事都已经板上钉钉了 |
[02:59] | Was that bait? Or were you the bait? | 那是个诱饵 还是你是诱饵 |
[03:02] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[03:03] | If you didn’t set Mr. Axelrod up, | 如果你没有给阿克斯罗德先生下套 |
[03:05] | who set you up? | 那是谁给你下了套 |
[03:06] | Nobody. It’s a thing that happened, | 没有谁 只是出了点意外 |
[03:08] | not something anyone did. | 不是人为因素 |
[03:09] | That is the kind of thing I’d say. | 那是我的口头禅 |
[03:10] | You vetted the info yourself. | 你自己也调查这个消息了 |
[03:12] | I did. | 我是调查了 |
[03:13] | Which means whoever put you up to this | 这意味着不管是谁让你做这件事的 |
[03:16] | was careful and targeted. | 这个人一定很小心 很有针对性 |
[03:28] | Do you understand me? | 你明白吗 |
[03:31] | I swear… on my eyes. | 我以双眼发誓 |
[03:34] | Yes, you do. Now, who paid you? | 好 说 是谁买通了你 |
[03:38] | No one even knew who I was going to for the financing, | 根本没有人知道我要找谁融资 |
[03:41] | not at first. | 一开始不知道 |
[03:43] | It’s some kind of Albany machine shit. | 都是纽约州政府那破规则害的 |
[03:45] | The kind that’s been going on for 100 years | 延续了100年的破规则 |
[03:47] | that we got caught in. | 让我们被坑了 |
[03:49] | You’re getting fottuto for something someone’s cousin did | 你是被某个人的表亲在纽约州远郊 |
[03:51] | to someone else’s boss in a distant part of the state. | 对别人的老板所做的事给坑了 |
[03:54] | “Fottuto” means getting fucked. | “Fottuto”的意思是被坑 |
[03:55] | I picked that up in context. | 我根据语境猜到了 |
[04:04] | You know the kind of options this leaves me to get my money out. | 你知道我要想拿回我的钱只有哪些选择了 |
[04:13] | Go long. | 跑远点 |
[04:17] | My bad. I overshot you. | 我的错 我投太远了 |
[04:20] | Looks like you finally have some family time. | 看来你终于有了些家庭时光 |
[04:22] | Thanks for coming down here. | 谢谢你来这 |
[04:24] | No, the Boyd business kept me living at the office, | 不过是博伊德那案子让我不得不住在办公室 |
[04:26] | so I promised Kevin | 所以我答应凯文 |
[04:27] | I’d spend the day with him when it was done. | 等案子结束的时候我会陪他玩一天 |
[04:29] | But I’m always happy to find time for you. | 但我总是很乐意为你抽出时间的 |
[04:34] | Kevin, come here for a minute. | 凯文 过来一下 |
[04:36] | There’s someone I’d like you to meet. | 我要给你介绍个人 |
[04:38] | This is Mike Dimonda, | 这是麦克·迪蒙达 |
[04:40] | an excellent and very influential young journalist. | 是一个优秀的 非常有影响力的年轻记者 |
[04:43] | Mike, my son Kevin. | 麦克 这是我儿子凯文 |
[04:45] | Nice to meet you, sir. | 见到你很高兴 先生 |
[04:46] | Helluva handshake, Kevin. | 手劲不错 凯文 |
[04:47] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[04:49] | Okay, uh, go out. | 好了 准备跑 |
[04:52] | Skinny post. | 外侧路线传球 |
[04:54] | Omaha, Omaha. Hut. | 奥马哈 奥马哈 开球 |
[04:58] | This is the kind of unadulterated high point | 现在你真是达到了那种很少出现的 |
[05:00] | that rarely comes along. | 不折不扣的高峰 |
[05:01] | It’s hard to see what more there is for you | 很难想到作为联邦检察官 |
[05:03] | to gain as U.S. Attorney. | 还有什么是你没得到的 |
[05:04] | House, Senate, or do you have plans to run for Governor? | 参议院 众议院 还是你计划竞选州长 |
[05:08] | Where’d you get that? | 你从哪得到的消息 |
[05:09] | What I hear is you’re taking a quick victory lap, | 我听说的是你现在是绕场一圈庆祝胜利 |
[05:11] | and then it’s City Hall, Capitol Building, or Albany. | 之后就要进军市政厅 国会大厦或者奥尔巴尼 |
[05:13] | I would never even consider it while still in office. | 只要我仍然公职在身 我就不会考虑这些 |
[05:18] | You will be the first to know should that change. | 如果有变动的话你会是第一个知道的 |
[05:22] | Do you mind if I, uh, shoot a few of you guys | 你介意我拍几张 |
[05:24] | throwing the ball around? | 你们扔球的照片吗 |
[05:25] | Or is that private? | 还是这是隐私 |
[05:26] | It is. | 是隐私 |
[05:28] | But if you think it has some value, | 但是如果你觉得有价值的话 |
[05:31] | then… we can make an exception. | 我们可以破例 |
[05:33] | That’d be great. | 那真是太棒了 |
[05:36] | Come on, Kev. | 来 凯文 |
[05:38] | All right? | 好了 |
[05:40] | How’s that? | 这样怎么样 |
[06:09] | Ryan, why don’t you show me the rest of the house? | 瑞恩 不如带我逛逛房子其余的部分吧 |
[06:12] | Soon, baby. | 等会 宝贝 |
[06:13] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[06:15] | I’m so close. | 就快了 |
[06:17] | Is the pool heater on? | 游泳池加热器开着吗 |
[06:18] | I think you can handle — | 我觉得你可以搞定… |
[06:20] | Yeah, I can. | 可以 |
[06:25] | Get inside. Now. | 进去 快点 |
[06:28] | Get the fuck out. | 滚出去 |
[06:30] | I’m a pretty chill boss, | 我算是个相当冷静的老板了 |
[06:31] | but how far do you want to fucking push it? | 但是你他妈想逼我到什么地步 |
[06:33] | I wasn’t expecting you till tomorrow. | 我以为你们明天才回来 |
[06:35] | And you didn’t call, so — | 你们也没打电话 所以… |
[06:36] | We don’t need to fucking call. | 我们他妈的不需要打电话 |
[06:37] | Right. I’m sorry. | 对 我很抱歉 |
[06:40] | Of course. | 你是得道歉 |
[06:41] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:42] | You know how much I like you, Ryan. | 你知道我有多喜欢你 瑞恩 |
[06:44] | But even still, I’m tempted to broom your ass. | 但即使是这样 我都想拿扫帚抽你 |
[06:46] | Tell me you didn’t use our bed. | 告诉我你没有上我们的床 |
[06:47] | No, no. No. I did not even let her inside. | 不 没有 没有 我都没让她进屋 |
[06:49] | That is lucky for you. | 算你走运 |
[06:52] | Those towels go in the trash. | 把那些毛巾扔了 |
[06:57] | Sounds like you’ve been pardoned. | 听起来像是你被原谅了 |
[07:00] | I’m doing a war room. | 我要搞个作战室 |
[07:02] | I need you to make lunch for eight. | 我需要你做八人份的午饭 |
[07:04] | Thanks, Axe. | 谢谢 阿克斯 |
[07:06] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[07:09] | And wash your fucking hands. | 把你那脏手洗了 |
[07:12] | Right. | 好 |
[07:16] | – Hello. – That was quick. | -我们回来了 -这么快 |
[07:19] | Thought you’d be back later. | 还以为你们要晚点回来 |
[07:20] | Yeah, well, we had our catch. | 我们玩了我们的接球 |
[07:24] | Then Dad did the interview, and we came home. | 之后爸爸做了个采访 我们就回家了 |
[07:27] | Bye, Dad. | 拜拜 爸 |
[07:33] | You said you wanted to spend the day with him. | 你说你想陪他一天 |
[07:35] | Yeah, I said I wanted to spend time with him, and I did. | 是啊 我是说想陪他一天 也是这么做的 |
[07:38] | You used him as a prop. | 你利用他当道具 |
[07:40] | Which you swore you’d never do, | 你发过誓永远都不会这么做的 |
[07:41] | since that’s exactly what your father did to you. | 因为你爸就是那么对你的 |
[07:45] | We spent the morning at the park. | 我们一早上都在公园 |
[07:48] | And a reporter happened upon us | 一个记者正好碰到我们 |
[07:50] | because, at the moment, | 因为现在 |
[07:51] | I am news-worthy. | 我是有新闻价值的 |
[07:53] | Finally in a good way. | 终于是”好”的新闻价值了 |
[07:54] | I’m sure it’s a wonderful lesson for Kevin | 你还真是给凯文在有关什么是真正重要的方面 |
[07:56] | – on what really matters. – Indeed it was. | -上了重要的一课 -那是肯定的 |
[07:59] | He got to run around a little bit, | 他出去跑了跑 |
[08:00] | and he got some exposure | 被曝光了一下 |
[08:02] | as to how you finesse relations with the fourth estate. | 这便于和新闻界搞好关系 |
[08:08] | That is exactly the kind of half-truth | 正是这种半真半假的话 |
[08:10] | that’s led to our current situation. | 让我们走到这步境地 |
[08:13] | As is your failure to tell me | 就像你没告诉我 |
[08:15] | you were going back to work for Axelrod. | 你要回去为阿克斯罗德工作一样吗 |
[08:17] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[08:18] | Oh, I had to Columbo that one for myself. | 我还得自己推理出来 |
[08:22] | Yet it seems that I’m required | 然而似乎只有我被要求 |
[08:23] | – to disclose every detail of how I spend my time. – No, you’re not. | -详细说出我每分每秒都干了什么 -并不是 |
[08:26] | When it comes to the kids, yes, complete transparency, | 当说到孩子们的时候 是完全透明政策 |
[08:29] | but otherwise, you don’t have to share anything, | 但除此之外 你什么都不必说 |
[08:31] | so you know, go. | 所以去吧 |
[08:32] | Do whatever the fuck you want, and so will I. | 做你他妈想做的事 我也会这么做的 |
[08:35] | Oh, there it goes. There it goes. | 终于说出来了 总算是说出来了 |
[08:38] | Your justification… | 你的辩解 |
[08:42] | slid in there so maybe I would realize it later. | 不动声色 好让我过后再反应过来 |
[08:45] | But there it was. | 但是这样的 |
[08:50] | You want the freedom to see other people. | 你想要与其他人约会的自由 |
[08:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:57] | I want freedom… | 我想要自由 |
[09:00] | all around. | 完全的自由 |
[09:01] | And I would be free, as well. | 我也有同样的自由吗 |
[09:03] | Consider that door open. | 我同意了 |
[09:06] | You’re really saying those words? | 你这话是真心的吗 |
[09:08] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[09:10] | For both of us. | 对我们两个都是 |
[09:15] | Wendy. | 温蒂 |
[09:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[09:19] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[09:30] | So, it’s fallen upon all of you | 现在要靠你们大家 |
[09:31] | to figure out how to get us un-fucked. | 来想办法让我们不完蛋了 |
[09:34] | The gaming license was the guarantee | 博彩牌照是桑迪科特 |
[09:35] | that Sandicot would pay off the notes. | 能够兑付债券的保证 |
[09:37] | Now, the license is gone, the area is going to default, | 现在牌照没了 它们就要违约了 |
[09:40] | and we’re about to eat a half a billion, | 我们将会亏损5亿 |
[09:42] | including 100 mill in fresh capital we put in. | 包括我们注入的1亿初始资本 |
[09:45] | Any suggestions? | 有什么建议吗 |
[09:49] | There’s no road to raising tax revenues. | 没有途径可以提高税收收入 |
[09:52] | I don’t give a shit what we don’t have. | 我不在乎我们做不到的 |
[09:54] | I need to know the roads that are open to us | 我要的是可行的途径 |
[09:56] | or the ground that can be cleared to make one. | 或是可以创造出来的途径 |
[09:58] | Isn’t there anyone we can sell this turd to? | 我们可以把这些垃圾卖给谁吗 |
[10:00] | Not without taking a nine-figure haircut. | 除非亏损九位数 |
[10:03] | Same goes for restructuring. | 重组也是一样 |
[10:04] | This thing stinks like Billy Batts in the trunk right now. | 这东西现在跟烂在后备箱里的比利·贝茨一样 |
[10:08] | Austerity. | 紧缩 |
[10:11] | You don’t need to whisper it like it’s some dark spell | 你不必那么小声 就好像你大声说了 |
[10:13] | that’ll come true if you say it too loudly. | 它就会像黑暗咒语一样生效 |
[10:15] | It kind of is, though, isn’t it? | 也差不多吧 |
[10:21] | Yeah. Because once you say it, | 对 因为说出来之后 |
[10:23] | you realize it’s your only option. | 就会意识到这是唯一的选择 |
[10:26] | Austerity. | 紧缩 |
[10:27] | Okay. Step it out for everyone. | 好的 和大家解释一下吧 |
[10:31] | Well, the note exchange requires that the town pay you first, | 交易债券要求市镇首先偿付债权人 |
[10:35] | before any of its other financial obligations, | 再承担一切其他财务责任 |
[10:36] | like union contracts with town workers, | 比如和城镇职工之间的工会合同 |
[10:39] | teachers’ salaries, all that. | 教师薪水之类的 |
[10:41] | Austerity just means you enforce that. | 紧缩只意味着你要强制执行 |
[10:43] | Yes. Go ahead, seize their assets, | 好啊 继续 抢他们的资产吧 |
[10:46] | like Singer did in Argentina. | 就像辛格尔在阿根廷做过的那样 |
[10:46] | 保罗·辛格尔为美国对冲基金经理 曾持有阿根廷债券并强势讨债 | |
[10:47] | What kind of assets? | 什么资产 |
[10:48] | Sandicot is not an entire South American country. | 桑迪科特又不是一个南美国家 |
[10:51] | Right. We wouldn’t be skimming cream off the top. | 对 我们不能明着去抢 |
[10:54] | We’d be gutting them for their organs, | 要从内部榨取 |
[10:55] | like in a Korean horror movie. | 就像韩国恐怖片里那样 |
[10:57] | You’d be mostly looking at land, buildings, and utilities. | 你应该主要关注土地 建筑以及设施 |
[11:01] | Town also has an original Remington. | 他们还有雷明顿的真迹 |
[11:02] | It’s worth upwards of $900,000. | 价值超过90万 |
[11:04] | The fuck’s a Remington? | 雷明顿是什么鬼 |
[11:06] | Frederic. | 弗雷德里克·雷明顿 |
[11:07] | American artist from the 19th century. | 19世纪的美国艺术家 |
[11:09] | He specialized in depictions of the Old West. | 他擅长描绘老西部 |
[11:14] | I took Art History for the automatic A. | 我选修过《艺术史》 |
[11:17] | Some of it stuck. | 记住了点东西 |
[11:18] | If you force them to pay you, | 如果你强迫他们还债 |
[11:20] | the county would have to severely cut back | 他们会不得不严重缩减 |
[11:22] | on its municipal workforce, roll back labor contracts, | 市政员工数量 解除劳动合同 |
[11:25] | and pillage its pension funds. | 克扣退休基金 |
[11:27] | Eventually they’d have to shutter some schools, | 最终他们会被迫关掉一些学校 |
[11:29] | leading to overpopulated classrooms | 导致学校学生密度过高 |
[11:31] | and forced free periods. | 学生被迫停课自习 |
[11:32] | Decreased graduation rates, increased crime. | 毕业率下降 犯罪率上升 |
[11:35] | They would be consolidation of hospitals, fire houses. | 他们还会合并医院与消防站 |
[11:39] | There would also be cuts in police manpower. | 甚至会缩减警力 |
[11:41] | Which would bring other kinds of problems. | 而这会带来其他的问题 |
[11:43] | The effects are viral. | 后果会像病毒一样传播开来 |
[11:45] | The losses spin off to the businesses | 这些损失会分拆 |
[11:47] | that provide services to the town. | 提供市镇服务的行业 |
[11:48] | Other area businesses start to close, | 其他行业会开始倒闭 |
[11:50] | and more jobs are lost. | 更多人失业 |
[11:53] | Won’t all this be a PR nightmare? | 这些不都是公关噩梦吗 |
[11:55] | PR that comes with losing that much money is a nightmare, too. | 要是拿不回那么多钱 也会是一场公关噩梦 |
[11:58] | And we lose the money. | 而且钱也没了 |
[12:00] | I don’t like any of the answers I’m hearing. | 你们提的所有建议我都不喜欢 |
[12:03] | There has to be a way to get this done | 一定有办法能不必毁掉那里 |
[12:05] | without destroying the place. | 就拿到钱 |
[12:07] | Model it up for me. | 给我做出模型来 |
[12:09] | All scenarios. | 所有的情形 |
[12:18] | Son, I did something today | 儿子 我今天做了些事情 |
[12:22] | that is gonna absolutely floor you. | 一定会让你震惊的 |
[12:24] | I thought you went golfing today. | 我以为你今天去打高尔夫了 |
[12:26] | I did. Played my 18, | 我去了 打了18洞 |
[12:29] | and then I withdrew my membership from the Garden City Golf Club. | 然后注销了纽约花园城市高尔夫俱乐部的会员 |
[12:33] | That’s your natural habitat. | 那可是你最常去的地方 |
[12:35] | Few places a man can be as comfortable. | 很少有地方能像那里让人感觉舒适 |
[12:40] | But it was time. | 但是时候离开了 |
[12:42] | They don’t allow women. | 他们不欢迎女性 |
[12:44] | And I cannot be a member of a restricted club anymore. | 我再也不愿做有限制的俱乐部的会员了 |
[12:47] | Noble. | 很高尚 |
[12:48] | Anticipatory. Of the future. | 这是对未来的预判 |
[12:50] | That’s baked right into the word. | 这词用得恰到好处 |
[12:52] | Your future, which should start right now. | 你的未来应该从现在开始 |
[12:56] | It’s unethical for me to run while — | 这样不道德 我不能 |
[12:57] | The Tappan Institute commissioned a poll. | 塔班机构发起了民意调查 |
[13:01] | Oh, your buddy Tate Tappan’s think tank just happened — | 你的伙计泰特·塔班的智囊团恰好就… |
[13:05] | Independent. | 这是他们独立的决定 |
[13:06] | No connection to me. | 与我无关 |
[13:09] | The results are quite — | 结果非常… |
[13:10] | I don’t want to hear anything about it. | 我什么都不想听 |
[13:17] | No, I’ve just gotten out from under a cloud. | 不 我刚从阴影中走出来 |
[13:20] | If word leaks out about a poll while I’m in office, | 要是消息走漏 说我在职期间发起民意调查 |
[13:23] | that is gonna be a darker cloud. | 这会成为更深的阴影 |
[13:26] | What is this, then? | 那这是什么 |
[13:30] | That’s Camelot right there. | 真是够风光的啊 |
[13:33] | 查克·罗兹绕场一圈庆祝胜利 美国检察官如何扳倒斯巴坦-艾弗斯的劳伦斯·博伊德 | |
[13:33] | Don’t try to spin it. | 别想狡辩 |
[13:34] | That is a picture of a man running for office. | 这就是一个想要竞选公职的人的照片 |
[13:41] | You’re doing more than just dreaming about it. | 你可不只是想想而已啊 |
[13:45] | I’ll send you those poll results. | 我会把民意调查的结果发给你 |
[13:46] | I think they’re gonna be encouraging. | 我觉得会鼓舞你的 |
[13:50] | But you’re gonna have to resolve things with Wendy. | 但你要解决与温蒂的事情 |
[13:55] | You cannot be an effective candidate | 如果你的婚姻一团糟 |
[13:58] | if your marriage is in the crapper. | 你就无法成为理想的候选人 |
[14:00] | That’s not really a thing anymore, Dad. | 如今这真不是问题 爸爸 |
[14:03] | That I’d need a woman standing behind me on the podium, | 我还需要女人在演讲台后面支持我吗 |
[14:05] | that’s archaic. | 早过时了 |
[14:07] | Son, you do know why you need her in your life, don’t you? | 儿子 你真的明白你的人生为什么需要她吧 |
[14:13] | She is a natural-born killer. | 她是个天生的杀手 |
[14:18] | That’s what she builds, all day… killers. | 她一天天地成长为了杀手 |
[14:23] | You’re a good candidate. | 你是个很好的候选人 |
[14:26] | She’d make you unstoppable. | 她能帮助你势不可挡 |
[14:32] | Don’t get your hopes up. | 你也别期望太高 |
[14:35] | Oh, you still got your shucking skills. | 你还是很会剥壳啊 |
[14:37] | Summer job on City Island when I was 14. | 我14岁时在城市之岛做过暑期工 |
[14:40] | For the record, I am not eating any of those. | 说真的 这些我坚决不吃 |
[15:05] | Any answers? | 有结果了吗 |
[15:06] | Getting there. | 快了 |
[15:07] | Marc was absolutely not conning you. | 马尔科绝对没有骗你 |
[15:10] | No wires or transfers. | 没有窃听器或发射器 |
[15:12] | No evidence of inbound cash | 没有证据表明收到现金 |
[15:13] | or altered behavior whatsoever | 或行为改变什么的 |
[15:16] | in him, the wife, or other family. | 他和妻子家人都是如此 |
[15:18] | So he was conned right along with me. | 所以他也和我一样被骗了 |
[15:20] | The Gaming Facility Location Board | 博彩设施选址委员会 |
[15:22] | reassigned the license to Kingsford at the last minute. | 在最后时刻把牌照发给了金斯福德 |
[15:25] | I confirmed that. | 我确认过了 |
[15:26] | A guy named Joe Scolari made the call to switch. | 一个叫乔·斯科拉里的家伙下令换掉的 |
[15:29] | No one motivated him? | 没有人主使吗 |
[15:30] | It’s hard to pinpoint where the idea to change | 很难精确找出 计划是从哪儿改变的 |
[15:32] | even originated, | 从哪儿开始的 |
[15:33] | or who he’s trying to keep happy. | 又或者他在讨好谁 |
[15:35] | But I do know that these things don’t move | 但我确定这些事是不会变的 |
[15:37] | unless somebody orders it to happen. | 除非有人下令 |
[15:39] | Okay. Stay on it. | 好吧 继续调查 |
[15:41] | I’m gonna get with Scolari, see if I can get a read on him. | 我会找斯科拉里 看能不能从他那得到线索 |
[15:50] | Thank you for agreeing to meet, Senator Scolari. | 谢谢你同意会面 参议员斯科拉里 |
[15:54] | Oh, call me Joe. | 叫我乔就好 |
[15:56] | What brings you up the Thruway? | 什么风把你吹来了 |
[15:58] | You looking for approval for another, | 你想再要个允许你在 |
[16:00] | uh, outdoor shower at your place in the Hamptons? | 汉普顿的房子室外沐浴的批准吗 |
[16:04] | Well, if you’ve gone to so much trouble to research me, | 如果你花了这么多功夫研究我 |
[16:06] | you must know why. | 那你一定知道原因 |
[16:08] | I’m here as an investor in New York State | 我是以一个纽约州投资者的身份 |
[16:10] | meeting with one its finest representatives. | 来会见这里最好的议员 |
[16:12] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:14] | I know about the note exchange on Sandicot. | 我知道桑迪科特的债券交易 |
[16:17] | And I want you to know the Location Board | 我想让你知道选址委员会 |
[16:20] | doesn’t take matters of gaming licenses lightly. | 对待博彩牌照一向谨慎 |
[16:24] | The committee chose the location | 委员会选择了能够 |
[16:27] | that would bring the greatest benefit | 为最多的人 |
[16:28] | to the greatest number of people. | 谋取最大利益的地点 |
[16:30] | That turned out to be Kingsford. | 那就是金斯福德 |
[16:33] | I believe that the state-appointed board, | 我相信州长亲自挑选出来的 |
[16:35] | handpicked by the Governor, | 选址委员会成员 |
[16:36] | would be nothing short of rigorous. | 都足够严谨 |
[16:39] | Thing is, I have it on good authority | 问题是 有权威人士曾告诉我 |
[16:41] | that Sandicot was gonna get that license. | 桑迪科特会拿到那个牌照 |
[16:45] | So the late switch seems… odd. | 所以最后关头的改变看上去…很奇怪 |
[16:48] | Our process always seems odd to outsiders. | 我们的决策过程在外人看来通常很奇怪 |
[16:52] | That’s where the whole sausage-making thing comes from. | 这也是整个过程常被嘲讽的原因 |
[16:55] | But let me reassure you, | 但我向你保证 |
[16:57] | there was nothing out of the ordinary about it. | 这事没有任何异常 |
[17:00] | The committee chose the location | 委员会选择了能够 |
[17:03] | that would bring the greatest benefit | 为最多的人 |
[17:04] | to the greatest number of people. | 谋取最大利益的地点 |
[17:06] | That turned out to be Kingsford. | 那就是金斯福德 |
[17:07] | Yeah, no, you said. | 哦不 你说过了 |
[17:09] | What I was looking for is a specific reason | 我想知道的是做出这一决定背后的 |
[17:12] | that decision was made. | 那个具体的原因 |
[17:16] | You want specifics. | 你想要详情 |
[17:18] | Details into our process. | 我们决策过程的细节 |
[17:22] | Inner workings and so forth. | 内部工作方式等等 |
[17:24] | That would be helpful. | 这会很有帮助 |
[17:26] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[17:27] | I can share that. | 我可以分享这信息 |
[17:29] | The committee chose the location | 委员会选择了能够 |
[17:32] | that would bring the greatest benefit | 为最多的人 |
[17:33] | to the greatest number of people. | 谋取最大利益的地点 |
[17:36] | That turned out to be Kingsford. | 那就是金斯福德 |
[17:39] | Just as I’m sure you took on the obligations of Sandicot | 就像我确信你是为了大众的利益 |
[17:44] | for the good of those fine people. | 才接手了桑迪科特的债券 |
[17:55] | I hope this has been as much fun for you as it has for me. | 我希望这能带给你同样多的乐趣 |
[17:59] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[18:15] | He doesn’t make any of his own decisions. | 他不是自作主张 |
[18:17] | He’s got a string hanging right out of his back. | 他背后另有人操纵此事 |
[18:19] | And it’s the Governor who’s pulling it. | 是州长一手操纵的 |
[18:20] | I’ll see what I can find out. | 我会看看我能查到什么 |
[18:24] | I didn’t sleep last night. | 我昨晚没有睡觉 |
[18:26] | Your numbers have been strong, | 你的业绩很不错 |
[18:28] | even in a tough market. | 即便现在行情不好 |
[18:30] | Yeah, they have been. | 是的 业绩是不错 |
[18:34] | So what was it kept you up? | 所以是什么让你失眠 |
[18:36] | Russian hackers. | 俄罗斯黑客 |
[18:39] | They can fuck with us so easily, | 他们可以轻易地搞垮我们 |
[18:41] | in ways we can’t even comprehend. | 用我们甚至无法理解的方式 |
[18:44] | A few keystrokes and they can bring | 敲几下键盘 他们就能 |
[18:45] | an entire airline to a standstill. | 停运一整个航空公司 |
[18:48] | Thousands of people stranded. | 令几千人搁置 |
[18:50] | So your fear is, uh, what? | 所以你怕什么 |
[18:52] | These hackers targeting you? The entire market? | 这些黑客会攻击你 会攻击整个市场 |
[18:55] | My portfolio could go up in flames. | 我的基金投资组合会灰飞烟灭 |
[18:57] | I have a family. | 我是有家室的 |
[19:01] | When did you start losing sleep over it? | 你从什么时候起开始失眠的 |
[19:02] | Just last night. | 就从昨晚起 |
[19:05] | Anything happen yesterday? | 昨天发生了什么 |
[19:06] | I had to go out to Axe’s house | 我不得不去阿克斯在汉普顿的房子 |
[19:08] | in the Hamptons for a special meeting. | 参加一个特殊会议 |
[19:11] | Axe bought the distressed debt on this town upstate. | 阿克斯买下了这里北部偏远地区的巨额债务 |
[19:14] | Now they’re defaulting. It’s a shit load of money. | 现在他们要违约了 一大笔钱 |
[19:16] | What do you think you should do? | 你觉得你该怎么做 |
[19:20] | Well, what are the options? | 有什么选择 |
[19:22] | Austerity. Or lose money. | 紧缩 或是亏损 |
[19:35] | Do you see the connection? | 你看到这里的关联了吗 |
[19:37] | With the hackers? | 和黑客的关联吗 |
[19:41] | You’re saying we’re like them? | 你是说我们跟他们一样 |
[19:42] | They’re agents of chaos | 他们是混乱的代言人 |
[19:43] | who can destabilize all our lives | 可以随意破坏我们的生活 |
[19:45] | just because they feel like it. | 只因为他们想这么干 |
[19:47] | Who are you to those people upstate? | 你对于那些北部地区的人们意味着什么 |
[19:49] | – Chaos. – Yes. | -混乱 -是的 |
[19:52] | Axe Cap is the agent of chaos. | 阿克斯资本是混乱的代言人 |
[19:54] | You know what austerity means. | 你知道紧缩意味着什么 |
[19:58] | You guys traverse moral and legal gray areas | 你们这些人总是穿梭于道德与法律的灰色地带 |
[20:01] | all the time, but you can live with it | 但你们却能摸着良心过活 |
[20:03] | because you’re rarely aware of anyone getting hurt by it. | 因为你们根本不明白别人会因此受伤 |
[20:06] | With this town, you know exactly who’s getting hurt, | 而这个城镇 你确切地知道了谁会受到伤害 |
[20:10] | and where they’re gonna feel their pain. | 他们会在哪些方面感受到痛苦 |
[20:11] | And how their lives are gonna spin out of control | 他们的生活会如何飞速失控 |
[20:14] | because of decisions made in your presence, | 就因为你在汉普顿的一栋豪宅里 |
[20:16] | at a fucking mansion in the Hamptons. | 做了些决定 |
[20:19] | I don’t even know that it’s wrong for him | 我甚至不知道他做这些事 |
[20:21] | to do what he’s doing… | 是不是错的 |
[20:24] | only that I don’t like how it makes me feel. | 我只知道我不喜欢这事给我的感觉 |
[20:27] | This is all connected. | 这一切都是相关的 |
[20:32] | When a situation starts affecting you so much | 当事情开始令你不安 |
[20:35] | you can’t sleep, | 到无法入眠 |
[20:38] | you have to take action. | 你必须采取行动了 |
[20:41] | Fighting for those people | 为那些人斗争 |
[20:43] | and fighting for yourself are one and the same. | 和为你自己战斗是一码事 |
[20:54] | I taught elementary school for 30 years, | 我在小学教了30年的书 |
[20:57] | always contributing to my pension. | 一直攒着养老金 |
[21:03] | That was my nest egg for retirement. | 这是我退休的储备金 |
[21:07] | Then that nest egg got invested. | 而这储备金被投资了 |
[21:10] | But the town it was invested in mismanaged its finances. | 而接受投资的城镇财政管理不善 |
[21:15] | And now they don’t want to pay what they owe, | 现在他们不愿意付他们欠的帐 |
[21:19] | and my retirement is threatened. | 我的退休生活危在旦夕 |
[21:25] | A spot like this will kick off our Astroturf campaign | 这样的切入点能让我们进行草根营销 |
[21:28] | to make it look like the area’s getting a bailout | 让那里看起来像是被保释了 |
[21:30] | and not a death sentence. | 而不是判了死刑 |
[21:32] | Commercials like this one, | 像这样的广告 |
[21:33] | but specific to Sandicot, | 但不具体针对桑迪科特的 |
[21:34] | sell the idea that our investors, | 传达的是 我们的投资人 |
[21:36] | teachers from the Midwest, | 中西部地区的老师们 |
[21:38] | hardworking, responsible people from all over, | 全国各地勤奋负责的人们 |
[21:41] | they are the ones who suffer | 如果桑迪科特被允许违约 |
[21:42] | if Sandicot is allowed to default. | 他们是要遭殃的人 |
[21:45] | Make it clear that we are the ones willing to negotiate. | 要说清楚我们是愿意谈判的人 |
[21:47] | It’s the town that’s being difficult. | 是镇上不愿意 |
[21:49] | Of course. Sandicot is being uncooperative. | 当然 桑迪科特拒绝合作 |
[21:51] | We’ll say all that. | 我们会说清楚这一切的 |
[21:52] | Any questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[21:58] | Danzig. | 丹泽 |
[21:59] | You’re being awfully quiet. | 你好像特别安静 |
[22:01] | Are we really gonna do this? | 我们真的要这么做吗 |
[22:04] | I mean, we can make some market moves | 我们可以推动市场走势 |
[22:07] | and potentially pick up some of the losses by next quarter. | 尽可能在下一季度前挽回些损失 |
[22:11] | We’re making it look like our investors are down | 我们让这看上去像我们的投资者 |
[22:13] | to eating cat food. | 已经走投无路了 |
[22:15] | The people up there are sure to turn to the media | 当地的人们一定会向媒体哭穷 |
[22:17] | and to cry poor, to play the victim card. | 摆出受害者的姿态 |
[22:21] | It makes sense for us to point out | 我们指出还有其他受害者 |
[22:23] | that there are other victims. | 这样的做法是合理的 |
[22:25] | Exactly. | 就是这样 |
[22:26] | But we are not really the victims. | 但我们并不是真正的受害者 |
[22:30] | They are. | 他们才是 |
[22:32] | I kind of feel like he’s right. | 我觉得他说得对 |
[22:36] | We could hold the debt, take a short-term loss, | 我们可以继续持有债务 承受短期损失 |
[22:40] | but then take the lead in re-growing Sandicot, | 但在桑迪科特重建 镇中心再开发当中 |
[22:43] | redeveloping the downtown. | 一马当先带头行动 |
[22:46] | Uh, create a food hall | 建一个美食广场 |
[22:47] | or bring in a minor-league team. | 或者引入一个职棒小联盟球队 |
[22:52] | Taylor, something you want to add to that? | 泰勒 有什么想补充的吗 |
[22:58] | Yes. | 有 |
[23:01] | It is unfortunate — offensive, actually — | 谈起这件事是很令人遗憾的 |
[23:04] | to even be talking about this, | 实际上是很无礼的 |
[23:05] | and that people have to live in near-poverty. | 而人们却不得不在贫穷边缘生存 |
[23:11] | But in many ways, a town is like a business. | 但是在许多方面 一个镇就像是一个企业 |
[23:14] | And when a business operates beyond its means, | 当一个企业超出其自身水平经营时 |
[23:17] | when numbers don’t add up, | 数字不会上涨 |
[23:19] | and the people in charge continue on, | 而负责人却继续下去 |
[23:20] | heedless of that fact, sure that some sugar daddy, | 不顾及现实 只顾及金主 |
[23:23] | usually in the form of the Federal Government, | 通常都是联邦政府 |
[23:25] | will come along and scoop them up and cover the shortfalls, | 过来把他们捞起来并填补窟窿 |
[23:27] | well, that truly offends me. | 这种方式让我很生气 |
[23:35] | People might say you hurt this town. | 人们可能会说是你伤害了这个镇 |
[23:37] | But in my opinion, the town put the hurt on itself. | 但在我看来 是这个镇自作自受 |
[23:41] | Corrections are in order. | 惩罚已经准备好 |
[23:42] | There’s a way to make this work, | 有一个方法能行得通 |
[23:44] | and that way is hard, but necessary. | 这个方法虽然艰难 但确实是必要的 |
[23:47] | As Taleb says, “Become antifragile, or die.” | 正如塔雷伯所说”要么变得坚强 要么选择死亡” |
[23:47] | 纳西姆·尼可拉斯·塔雷伯 以《黑天鹅效应》一书闻名于世 | |
[23:51] | Once we do this, the town will face that challenge | 我们一旦这么做 那个镇就会直面挑战 |
[23:53] | and come out stronger. | 然后变得更强大 |
[23:56] | Or it will cease being. | 或者衰退 |
[23:57] | Either result absolutely natural, | 不论什么结果都完全是自然的选择 |
[23:59] | as in, of nature itself. | 就如同 自然本身一样 |
[24:32] | You’ve been stepping things up lately. | 你最近有事啊 |
[24:35] | Extra-nice ties, new suits. | 超级靓的领带 新西服 |
[24:39] | You been speed-dating with law firms? | 你是在跟各律所闪电约会吗 |
[24:42] | I might’ve tried a lightning round. | 我可能是试了一圈吧 |
[24:45] | Mm. And? | 然后呢 |
[24:47] | She’s not as hot as her profile pic. | 她没有资料照片里那么火辣 |
[24:49] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[24:50] | No. Line AUSA’s like us, | 是的 像我们这样的助理检察官 |
[24:52] | you’re only looking at 600K to start. | 只会看60万年薪起步的 |
[24:54] | If you get Chief of Crime and go private, | 如果你当上了刑事主管再跳槽去律所 |
[24:57] | it’s a lot more than 600. | 那就远不止60万 |
[24:59] | It’s double. | 翻倍 |
[25:04] | I just don’t think I can stick around if Connerty gets it. | 我只是觉得康纳蒂上位的话我可能待不下去 |
[25:08] | I’m not gonna have the stomach for that shit. | 我可没那个气量能忍受 |
[25:10] | Maybe he won’t get it. | 没准他当不上呢 |
[25:12] | After Boyd? | 博伊德这事之后还当不上 |
[25:14] | Don’t count yourself out. You’ve been crushing it lately. | 别不把自己当回事 你最近都是在虐自己 |
[25:22] | Chuck took him to Keens for lunch. | 查克带他去基恩吃午饭了 |
[25:24] | Oh, shit. | 我靠 |
[25:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:27] | Shit. | 靠 |
[25:38] | The mutton chop is the thing to order here. | 羊排是这里的必点菜 |
[25:40] | It’s what they’re known for. | 这是他家的招牌菜 |
[25:42] | Mutton? I don’t know. | 羊排 我不确定 |
[25:45] | Come on, it’s tradition. | 得了 羊排是传统 |
[25:48] | Oh, this place has a special character, doesn’t it? | 这地方很有特色吧 |
[25:51] | You can almost feel all the history in this room, | 你在这屋子里几乎能感受到全部的历史 |
[25:54] | all the deals that’ve been made. | 感受到他们所做过的所有的交易 |
[25:57] | It’s where Senator Vandeveer brought me when she told me | 范迪维尔参议员告诉我 |
[25:59] | I was being appointed U.S. Attorney. | 我被任命为联邦检察官的时候 带我来这的 |
[26:02] | And it’s where I always thought I would take you | 所以我也一直想在你晋升为刑事主管的时候 |
[26:05] | when you’d earned the promotion to Head of Crime. | 可以带你来这里吃饭 |
[26:10] | Mutton’s an interesting euphemism, isn’t it? | 羊肉真是一个有趣的婉转说法 |
[26:13] | Well, nobody ever says “Sheep.” | 没人说”绵羊肉” |
[26:15] | But who wants to eat something so adorable, right? | 但是谁又会想吃那么可爱的东西呢 |
[26:18] | So it’s a mutton chop. | 所以叫羊排 |
[26:22] | Definitely less objectionable. | 就没那么令人抗拒了 |
[26:26] | The kangaroo industry recently tried that. | 袋鼠行业最近也试着效仿 |
[26:31] | – Did they? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[26:32] | In fact, there was a country-wide survey | 其实还有一个全国范围内的调查 |
[26:35] | to pick a name, | 就为了取个名字 |
[26:36] | and they settled on “Australus.” | 最后定名”澳大勒斯” |
[26:39] | But not for the same reason as a sheep. | 但是跟绵羊的理由不一样 |
[26:41] | No, this was entirely different. | 不 完全不一样 |
[26:45] | Seems the kangaroo has a great deal in common with the rat. | 似乎袋鼠跟耗子之间有很多的相同之处 |
[26:51] | Hence, “Australus.” | 因此 叫”澳大勒斯” |
[26:52] | I mean, it’s elegant, don’t you think? | 这名字挺优雅的吧 你觉得呢 |
[26:56] | And yet, even by any other name, | 到如今 即便叫做别的名字 |
[26:59] | there’s still a slab of giant rat | 还是一坨大耗子肉 |
[27:01] | sitting on the plate right in front of you. | 摆在盘子中间端到你面前 |
[27:07] | Can I get you started? | 可以点餐了吗 |
[27:08] | Ah, here we go. He’ll have the mutton. | 可以了 他来羊排 |
[27:11] | I’m not ready yet. | 我还没准备好 |
[27:17] | Bryan… | 布莱恩 |
[27:20] | do you have something to tell me? | 你有什么想说的吗 |
[27:24] | I’m not sure what you mean. | 我不知道你什么意思 |
[27:26] | I think you know. | 我觉得你心里清楚 |
[27:32] | Are we talking about the investigation? | 我们是在说调查的事情吗 |
[27:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:38] | We are. | 我们就是说这个 |
[27:41] | This is it. | 此时此刻 |
[27:44] | Your chance. | 就是你的机会 |
[27:47] | This is the conversation that you knew, deep down, | 你内心深处清楚得很 |
[27:49] | you would have to have if you had any desire | 如果你还想跟我扯上任何关系的话 |
[27:51] | to continue to have any relationship with me. | 这次谈话是怎么都躲不掉的 |
[27:56] | This is the conversation | 这就是你这几个月来 |
[27:57] | that you have been dreading all these many months. | 一直恐惧担心的谈话 |
[28:00] | The one about betrayal, disillusionment, | 关于背叛与幻灭 |
[28:02] | second chances, and lost opportunities. | 第二次机会以及错失良机 |
[28:05] | This is the one where you tell me how and why | 这就是你要告诉我你是如何以及为什么 |
[28:08] | you brought the investigation down upon my head. | 让上面调查到我头上来的谈话 |
[28:11] | All right, Chuck. | 好的 查克 |
[28:14] | You got it right with all that grandiose indignance. | 你有充分的理由愤愤不平 |
[28:19] | I am the one who called the OPR. | 是我给职责办打的电话 |
[28:25] | I didn’t hear a no. | 我没听到你拒绝 |
[28:41] | Fuck. | 靠 |
[28:43] | Fuck! | 靠 |
[28:45] | Bryan. | 布莱恩 |
[28:51] | One more thing. | 再说一件事 |
[28:55] | Is Axe Cap bugged? | 阿克斯资本被监听了吗 |
[28:58] | Not officially. | 还没正式监听 |
[28:59] | But right now, | 但是现在 |
[29:00] | I wouldn’t be surprised if it were unofficially. | 如果有非正式的监听我也不觉得奇怪 |
[29:04] | Hey, look, I know you don’t want to come work for me. | 我知道你不想来为我工作 |
[29:05] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[29:07] | You’re an idealist. | 你是一个理想主义者 |
[29:09] | But the man that you work for now — | 但是你现在的头儿 |
[29:11] | he’s not just dirty, he’s worse than that. | 他可不只是不干净 |
[29:13] | He’s a hypocrite. | 他是个伪君子 |
[29:15] | And if you know that, and you still let it happen, | 如果你清楚这一点 还任由其发展的话 |
[29:19] | then I think you know what that makes you. | 我相信你知道那会让你自己成为什么样的人 |
[29:33] | Well… | 好吧 |
[29:36] | now I know for certain | 现在我明确地知道了 |
[29:38] | who I have to thank for my day at the Senate. | 我当上参议员的那天应该感谢谁 |
[29:43] | But unlike Julius Caesar, seems I managed to pull through. | 但跟朱利叶斯·凯撒不同 我似乎挺过来了 |
[29:47] | Oh, it’s clear you’re a survivor. | 很明显你是幸存者 |
[29:49] | And it’s clear I can’t make you Head of Crime. | 也很明显我不能让你当刑事主管 |
[29:53] | You let him get to you. | 你任由他利用了你 |
[29:56] | Only because he spoke the truth. | 只是因为他说了实话 |
[29:58] | You were abusing the office. | 你确实在滥用职权 |
[30:00] | You lied about recusing yourself. | 你在回避案子的时候撒谎了 |
[30:01] | You stole evidence from your wife’s computer. | 你从你妻子的电脑里窃取证据 |
[30:05] | I made some missteps. | 我做了一些错误的决策 |
[30:06] | Mis– | 错… |
[30:08] | Okay. More than missteps. | 好 不止是错误的决策 |
[30:11] | In my vigor, I transgressed… | 在我的职权之下 |
[30:15] | in ways I never imagined I would. | 我以各种我想都没想过的方式越界 |
[30:19] | But I have atoned for all of it. | 但我已经都赎罪了 |
[30:21] | And I am still in the process, | 无论是我个人还是工作中 |
[30:23] | personally and professionally. | 我依然在继续赎罪 |
[30:25] | I dropped the case. | 我已经撤销了调查 |
[30:27] | And now you’re trying to punish me. | 结果现在你却要惩罚我 |
[30:30] | I earned that position. | 那个职位是我应得的 |
[30:35] | But… | 但是… |
[30:36] | Chief of Crim goes to Lonnie. | 刑事主管由朗尼来当 |
[30:41] | For the foreseeable future, | 在可预见的未来 |
[30:44] | the chair will remain vacant. | 那个职位会一直空缺 |
[30:53] | Going ahead, I am committed | 接下来 我保证 |
[30:56] | to complete transparency between us. | 我们之间完全公开透明 |
[30:58] | No more silence or subterfuge. | 不再沉默 也不再耍花招 |
[31:01] | If one of us is angry, or disappointed, | 要是你或者我生气或失望了 |
[31:04] | we express it. | 就说出来 |
[31:07] | So, you can either quit right now… | 你要么现在辞职 |
[31:11] | or you can stay. | 要么就留下来 |
[31:14] | Prove your loyalty. | 证明你的忠诚 |
[31:18] | And when you do, | 当你做到那点时 |
[31:21] | you will truly have earned that chair. | 你就真正赢得了那个职位 |
[31:23] | Are you two planning to order? | 两位要点餐吗 |
[31:27] | I’ll have the mutton. What about you, Bryan? | 我要羊排 你呢 布莱恩 |
[31:35] | I’ll have the same. | 和他一样 |
[32:02] | Welcome sight, you in my office. | 你能来我办公室真好 |
[32:05] | I’m not sure my message will be all that welcome. | 我不太确定我接下来要说的也一样好 |
[32:09] | I don’t think it’s in the best interest of this firm | 我觉得取消那个镇子的赎回权并不能 |
[32:11] | to foreclose on that town. | 让公司获得最大利益 |
[32:13] | It’s not our doing. | 我们不那么做 |
[32:15] | We would merely be collecting a debt owed to us. | 我们只是想收回他们欠我们的债务 |
[32:17] | Still, it would hurt our reputation. | 但那还是会损坏我们的名声 |
[32:20] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[32:21] | Or would it hurt you to watch other people suffer | 或者说看着别人受苦 觉得自己也是其中一员 |
[32:23] | and feel like you were part of it? | 你会难受 |
[32:27] | I would be… | 我应该会的 |
[32:29] | in a sense. | 在某种意义上来说 |
[32:31] | Yes. | 不错 |
[32:38] | Truth be told, | 说实话 |
[32:41] | I’m still glad you’re in here | 我还是很高兴你来了这里 |
[32:42] | because I have conflicting feelings about this, too. | 因为对这件事我也感觉挺矛盾的 |
[32:49] | And I’d like to talk about it. | 我很想谈谈这件事 |
[32:55] | No. | 不行 |
[32:57] | I can’t get sucked back into that. I won’t. | 我不能再花时间给你治疗 我不会了 |
[33:01] | Because instead of really doing that exploration with me, | 因为你并不是想我一起探索解决方法 |
[33:04] | I now know you’d just be using me to make yourself feel better | 我现在知道 你只是想利用我 |
[33:06] | about what you wanted to do in the first place. | 好让自己做起初想做的事时 觉得好过一点 |
[33:09] | That’s not true. | 不是那样的 |
[33:13] | What is true is that, | 真正的情况是 |
[33:15] | far from harming our reputation, | 这不仅不会损坏我们的名声 |
[33:17] | pressing our advantage at Sandicot | 对桑迪科特施压 |
[33:19] | would only burnish it to our investors. | 只会让我们的投资者获利 |
[33:20] | That is what is expected. | 那是预期效果 |
[33:23] | Still, I haven’t decided on a course of action | 但我还没决定行动方案 |
[33:25] | because I do care about the potential toll | 因为我确实关心那里的人们 |
[33:29] | on the people out there. | 可能要遭受的损失 |
[33:32] | And these are the feelings I want to discuss. | 我想谈谈我的这些感觉 |
[33:34] | No. | 不行 |
[33:37] | Then I’m not the only one who might be putting my own needs | 那我就不是唯一一个将我自己的需求置于 |
[33:39] | above those of the good people of Sandicot. | 桑迪科特无辜人民之上的了 |
[33:55] | 查克·罗兹 个人机密 | |
[34:13] | 民调 罗兹支持者 党内提名者 反对斯维尼者 未知 | |
[34:15] | 很有希望 是不是 老爸 | |
[34:34] | A colleague saw you and Chuck having lunch at Keens. | 一个同事看到你和查克在基恩共进午餐 |
[34:38] | I hope congratulations are in order. | 我是不是该和你说恭喜了 |
[34:40] | That night at the pizza place, | 在披萨店的那个晚上 |
[34:44] | you never told me Axe was gonna be there. | 你从未告诉我阿克斯会在那里 |
[34:47] | He’s my client. I did as he asked. | 他是我的客户 我奉命行事而已 |
[34:50] | No, you knew I would never meet with him privately. | 不是 你早知道我绝对不会私下与他会面 |
[34:53] | Because if anyone found out | 因为如果有任何人发现 |
[34:54] | I was meeting with Axelrod in the middle of the night, | 那天半夜我和阿克斯罗德见面了 |
[34:57] | it would seriously compromise me. | 那会让我受到严重怀疑 |
[34:59] | And it has. So, no. | 而且已经惹上怀疑了 不 |
[35:00] | No, congratulations are not in fucking order. | 不 根本就不该说恭喜 |
[35:03] | I’m lucky I still have my job. | 我还没失业算是幸运的了 |
[35:06] | If you still want it. | 如果你还想要这份工作的话 |
[35:08] | My client legitimately saw in you what I see — | 我的客户对你的看法与我如出一辙 |
[35:12] | prodigious talent. | 你惊人的才能 |
[35:16] | He merely wanted to make sure you understood the choice | 他只是想让你明白 |
[35:17] | you were making by continuing to work for Rhoades. | 选择继续给罗兹工作 意味着什么 |
[35:21] | The offer that was made that night still holds. | 那晚的提议依然有效 |
[35:27] | You can come work for me. | 你可以过来为我工作 |
[35:30] | Or you can take your chances | 又或者你可以继续冒险 |
[35:31] | with a mentor you no longer trust. | 给一个你不再信任的导师工作 |
[35:38] | I have no mentors. Not anymore. | 我不再有什么导师了 |
[35:42] | You acted like my rabbi, | 你表现得像我的拉比 |
[35:43] | proffering wisdom when you were working me, | 劝说我 搅合我的思想 |
[35:46] | fucking with my head, | 破坏我的使命感的时候 |
[35:48] | undermining my sense of purpose. | 给我”智慧”的指引 |
[35:50] | Your job is not your purpose. | 你的工作不是你的使命 |
[35:55] | Chuck is not your savior. | 查克不是你的救世主 |
[35:57] | And if I’m not your friend, | 如果我都不再是你的朋友 |
[36:00] | you have no friends. | 你就没有朋友了 |
[36:03] | Fuck your client, | 去你的客户 |
[36:04] | and fuck you, too. | 还有去你妈的 |
[36:14] | Stop. | 停 |
[36:38] | Upside-down day, breakfast for dinner. | 颠倒的一天 晚餐吃的是早餐 |
[36:44] | No thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[36:45] | You always thought that your mother | 你之前总以为那些华夫饼 |
[36:46] | made those waffles from scratch. | 是你妈亲手制作的 |
[36:50] | I was eating Eggos? | 我吃的是冰冻松饼[华夫饼品牌名]吗 |
[36:51] | Yeah, she heated them on the griddle. | 对啊 她是用锅加热 |
[36:53] | I used the toaster. | 我是用烤面包机 |
[36:56] | Put some syrup on it, it’s delicious. | 加点糖浆 很好吃的 |
[36:59] | So… | 那么 |
[37:02] | the poll results. | 那个民意调查结果 |
[37:03] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎样 |
[37:06] | I think I’m ready to… | 我想我已经准备好 |
[37:09] | explore. | 试一试了 |
[37:12] | – That’s my boy. – It’s just preliminary. | -这才像话 -只是一个初期想法 |
[37:14] | I’m not committing to anything. | 我没答应任何事 |
[37:16] | – I hear you. – ‘Cause the thing is, | -知道了 -因为问题是 |
[37:19] | I’m really not sure that I finished my mission. | 我不太确定我有没有完成我的任务 |
[37:21] | Well, who ever does, kid? | 有谁完成过呢 儿子 |
[37:24] | You can weigh all that from your goddamn nursing home. | 等你以后到了养老院再慢慢算吧 |
[37:27] | The poll… | 那个民意调查 |
[37:31] | What did you learn? | 你看出什么了 |
[37:40] | It’s pretty clear what my vulnerabilities are. | 清楚显示出了我的弱势在哪里 |
[37:43] | My upstate numbers are weak. | 北部支持率比较低 |
[37:45] | They are, but we can buff and polish you up there. | 确实 但是我们可以包装宣传 提升你的形象 |
[37:48] | I am not worried about that. | 我倒不担心那个 |
[37:53] | How do I go about this? | 我该怎么做 |
[37:55] | What do I do first? | 我要先做什么 |
[37:56] | First thing we do is we get you anointed. | 我们要做的第一件事是让人赞美你 |
[38:00] | The whispered names. | 传说中的那些人 |
[38:03] | You have to really know them now. | 你现在得好好了解他们 |
[38:04] | One at least — Black Jack Foley. | 至少得了解这个 二十一点富利 |
[38:07] | I haven’t heard that one in quite awhile. | 有段时间没听到他的消息了 |
[38:09] | By design. | 特地这样的 |
[38:11] | You need some personal time with him | 你得和他私下来往来往 |
[38:13] | so that he can take your measure, | 让他知晓你的行事方式 |
[38:14] | and so he’ll bless you. | 他会为你美言 |
[38:19] | Things still run through him? | 这些事还是得经过他 |
[38:20] | Indeed. | 不错 |
[38:22] | Now… | 现在 |
[38:25] | I want you to get his granddaughter a clerkship. | 我想让你给他孙女找个书记员职位 |
[38:31] | Then we wait for the call. | 然后我们就等电话吧 |
[39:32] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[39:36] | How’d you sleep? | 睡得怎样 |
[39:39] | Good. | 挺好 |
[39:47] | You know, uh, my life moves fast. | 我的生活节奏很快 |
[39:52] | And I tend to avoid the kind of connections | 我常常会避开那些导致依赖 |
[39:55] | that lead to dependence or can slow me down. | 或是拖慢我节奏的牵绊 |
[39:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:01] | Weightlessness is a priority for you. | 毫无羁绊对你来说才是最重要的 |
[40:05] | It’s one of the reasons I called. | 这是我给你打电话的原因之一 |
[40:07] | Doesn’t this seem like a whole different thing? | 难道这不像一件全新的事情吗 |
[40:12] | This? | 这 |
[40:13] | Us. | 我们 |
[40:15] | Look, I’m a restless person. | 你看 我是个闲不下来的人 |
[40:17] | I’m never happy unless I’m in motion | 我只有四处奔波 |
[40:18] | or running seven projects simultaneously. | 或者同时进行七个项目时才会开心 |
[40:21] | But last night I was here. | 但是昨晚我在这里 |
[40:25] | Even right now. | 现在还在 |
[40:27] | I haven’t stayed in bed past 5 a.m. since 2001. | 从2001年之后 我就从没早上5点后起过床 |
[40:31] | Yet right now I feel still, and I like it. | 然而此刻我很平静 很享受 |
[40:36] | And… since I’m here… | 而且…既然我来了 |
[40:43] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[40:45] | I’m glad you found another dimension | 我很高兴看到你找到了另一个 |
[40:49] | you can exist in. | 可存在的维度 |
[40:52] | But at the moment, | 但是现在 |
[40:55] | the present is all I can really handle. | 我只能接受现在这个程度 |
[41:00] | And the light of day is a little bright for me right now. | 而且现在的阳光对我来说太亮了 |
[41:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:07] | I got an early meeting. Mind if I take the first shower? | 我有个早会 你介意我先洗澡吗 |
[41:09] | All yours. | 请便 |
[41:20] | Kids ready for camp? | 孩子们准备好露营了吗 |
[41:22] | They’re brushing their teeth. | 他们在刷牙 |
[41:23] | Did I just see, uh, the sitter getting into a taxi? | 孩子们的保姆是不是刚上的士走了 |
[41:29] | Why would she be here in the morning? | 大早上的她怎么会在这里 |
[41:36] | You know, I had a craving | 昨天晚上我特别想吃 |
[41:38] | for a boudin noir last night, | 法式布丁血肠 |
[41:41] | so I went to Bistro Grisby. | 所以我去了格里斯比餐厅 |
[41:44] | We used to go there all the time. | 我们以前经常去那里 |
[41:45] | Yeah, when we were first married. | 是啊 我们刚结婚那会儿 |
[41:49] | Not in a long time. | 很久没去了 |
[41:53] | Now it’s gone. | 现在那家没了 |
[41:54] | Gone? | 没了 |
[41:56] | It’s, uh, a nail salon now. | 那里现在是个美甲店 |
[42:00] | They closed four years ago. | 餐厅四年前就关门了 |
[42:02] | Sad. | 真遗憾 |
[42:10] | Look… | 你看 |
[42:12] | I know that I reacted poorly | 我知道你要回阿克斯资本时 |
[42:15] | when I learned that you were going back to Axe Capital. | 我表现得不怎么样 |
[42:20] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[42:23] | I was being selfish. | 我太自私了 |
[42:29] | If you are happy there, then… | 如果你在那里能够开心 |
[42:34] | that’s where you should be. | 那么你应该回去 |
[42:39] | I want you to be happy. | 我希望你能开心 |
[42:51] | That’s lovely, Chuck. | 好贴心 查克 |
[42:55] | It really is. | 真的 |
[42:59] | I’ll go get the kids. | 我去叫孩子们 |
[43:13] | Boss… | 老大 |
[43:15] | I received a concerning bit of news. | 我得到了一些消息 |
[43:18] | Mick Danzig just quit. | 米克·丹泽刚刚辞职了 |
[43:21] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[43:23] | I just never thought I’d have an issue | 我从没想过 |
[43:24] | dating someone in the office. | 办公室恋情会有什么问题 |
[43:26] | And I really didn’t. | 我真的没想过 |
[43:30] | I don’t know… | 我说不好… |
[43:31] | it’s just distracting with Everett here. | 埃弗雷特在这儿太让人分心了 |
[43:34] | I see the way she looks at him, and — | 我见过她看他的眼神 而且… |
[43:39] | We are in the middle of a session. | 我们正在进行咨询 |
[43:41] | Mafee, out. | 玛菲 出去 |
[43:42] | Yeah, we were just shooting the breeze, catching up. | 我们只是在闲聊呢 |
[43:46] | That was completely inappropriate. | 这样非常不好 |
[43:49] | How can I possibly do my job if your guys | 如果你的员工觉得你随时会闯进来 |
[43:51] | think you might come barging through the door at any moment? | 我还怎么做我的工作 |
[43:53] | It takes me long enough to convince them | 我花了好长时间才让他们相信 |
[43:54] | you don’t have my office bugged. | 你没有窃听我的办公室 |
[43:57] | Once you realized you couldn’t influence my thinking, | 你一发现不能影响我的想法 |
[43:59] | you decided to influence someone else’s? | 就决定去影响别人的想法了 |
[44:01] | – That’s my job. – For the good of the firm, | -这是我的工作 -那是为了公司的利益 |
[44:04] | which I do not define as making one of my best earners quit. | 而不是让最会赚钱的员工辞职 |
[44:07] | I didn’t make anyone do anything. | 我没有让任何人做任何事 |
[44:09] | I know you had a session with Mick Danzig. | 我知道你跟米克·丹泽做过一次咨询 |
[44:12] | – What did you say to him? – I can’t discuss that. | -你跟他说什么了 -我不能说 |
[44:13] | You contract here is very clear. | 你的合同上写得很明确 |
[44:17] | You are here to help my employees perform at their peak level. | 你是来帮助我的员工保持最佳工作状态的 |
[44:20] | In any manner I see fit. You don’t like it, fire me. | 用我认为合适的方法 你不喜欢就解雇我吧 |
[44:22] | Pay me out. I agreed to come back. | 给我把工资结清 我当时同意回来 |
[44:24] | I am back doing exactly what I am paid to do. | 是回来做我拿钱应该做的工作 |
[44:27] | You made the deal, Bobby. | 合同是你定的 波比 |
[44:29] | You can get out of it any time. | 你想什么时候毁约就什么时候毁约 |
[44:43] | That was a neat trick you pulled with the A.G. | 你跟检察长耍的把戏不错 |
[44:47] | I mean, I’ve never seen her flanked before. | 我以前从没见过她被包围 |
[44:49] | Impressive. | 厉害 |
[44:50] | All in the service of justice. | 都是为司法正义服务 |
[44:54] | Well, and the Southern District. | 还有联邦检察院南区 |
[44:57] | Now you get to have your moment… | 现在你得意了 |
[44:59] | as well you should. | 你也应该得意 |
[45:02] | The question is, what will you do with it? | 问题是 你打算拿它做什么 |
[45:07] | Such ambitions are far from my focus. | 这样的野心根本不是我想要的 |
[45:10] | I see a run for office. | 我看到了竞选的可能性 |
[45:14] | Is it possible you’ll go the other way? | 你有可能走另一条路吗 |
[45:17] | Cash out, go private? That’s not you. | 变现 私有化 你不是那样的人 |
[45:19] | No. Sadly, I’m like you. Public servant for life. | 对 可惜的是 我跟你一样一辈子都是公仆 |
[45:24] | Uh, and it’s in that role that I’m here. | 而我此次也是作为公仆而来的 |
[45:27] | I have come across a wonderful young law student, Emma Foley. | 我遇到了一位优秀的法学学生 艾玛·富利 |
[45:32] | She’s at Cardozo. Smart. Studious. | 她是卡多佐法学院[名校]的 聪明勤奋 |
[45:35] | And a clerkship with you would, uh — | 要是能让当你的助理… |
[45:37] | Oh, slice that baby up. | 快把这个宝贝儿切开 |
[45:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:43] | Oh, I love the sound it makes when they carve it. | 我喜欢片鸭子的声音 |
[45:46] | There you go. | 给你 |
[45:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[45:49] | That crackle. | 那清脆的响声 |
[45:53] | Look, if this young lady is qualified, | 如果这个女孩有资格 |
[45:55] | I’ll consider her as I would any other candidate. | 我会无差别考虑她和其他候选人 |
[45:57] | I recognize the last name. | 那个姓氏我知道 |
[45:59] | So I have a feeling if she were really as super as you say, | 我觉得 如果她真像你所说的那样出色 |
[46:02] | she’d already have a clerkship. | 那她应该已经是书记员了 |
[46:04] | Well, we’re not talking about appointing her | 我们不是说要任命她为 |
[46:06] | to the Supreme Court. | 最高大法官 |
[46:08] | This is how things are done, right? | 事情就是这么办的 对吗 |
[46:10] | Not for me. Not anymore. | 对我来说不是 不再是了 |
[46:14] | I look at the way things get done. | 我看重的是办事的方式 |
[46:15] | The view changes when you see things from the bench. | 换个视角你看到的就会不一样 |
[46:19] | Favor-trading, deal-making, | 利益交换 达成协议 |
[46:22] | back channeling, patronage. | 后门途径 互惠互利 |
[46:26] | I’ll admit, I took advantage every now and then | 我承认 当时我在一线的时候 |
[46:28] | when I was in the trenches. But… | 我偶尔占点便宜 但是 |
[46:31] | I lost my taste for it. | 我已经厌倦了 |
[46:33] | True objectivity. | 真正的客观 |
[46:36] | It’s the ultimate luxury. | 那真是极度的奢求啊 |
[46:38] | It’s corrosive, Chuck. | 那是有腐蚀性的 查克 |
[46:40] | I mean, I went to law school to help fix the system, | 我上法学院是为了修正体系 |
[46:42] | not succumb to it. | 而不是屈服于它 |
[46:43] | Sounds like you’re feeling the holy spirit. | 听起来你有着神圣的使命 |
[46:46] | For the first time since clerking for RBG. | 自从第一次给R.B.G.当书记员以来 |
[46:46] | Ruth Bader Ginsburg | 鲁斯·巴德·金斯伯格 现任美国最高法院大法官 |
[46:49] | Which is why I’m careful with my own clerks. | 所以我才对自己的书记员非常小心 |
[46:52] | This is very personal for me. | 这对我来说是非常私人的事情 |
[46:54] | I mean, I’m finally in a position to do some good. | 我终于有权力可以做些好事了 |
[46:57] | Very inspiring. | 这话非常鼓励人 |
[46:59] | Just don’t forget, it was the back channels | 只是不要忘了 你是走后门 |
[47:01] | and deal-making that put you in that position. | 以及达成协议才坐上了那个位子 |
[47:05] | Remind me again, and this is the last meal we share. | 你要是再说一次 这就是我们一起吃的最后一餐 |
[47:10] | Help yourself. | 请自便 |
[47:11] | Absolutely right. | 非常对 |
[47:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:17] | I think you’ll make an excellent candidate, Chuck. | 我认为你会是个出色的候选人 查克 |
[47:21] | I actually think you’re built for the political life. | 其实我认为你天生就是政治家的料 |
[47:25] | I mean, if I’m you, I’d go for it. | 如果我是你 我会去竞选的 |
[47:33] | It wasn’t the Governor who called the shot. | 不是州长做的决定 |
[47:35] | Sure, he controls Scolari. | 当然了 他控制着斯科拉里 |
[47:37] | But this goes to who controls the Governor, | 但是这指向控制州长的人 |
[47:39] | and that’s Jack Foley. | 那就是杰克·富利 |
[47:41] | I know who that is — old steel and railroad money. | 我知道那是谁 靠旧钢铁和铁路起家 |
[47:44] | One of the first Western businessmen | 铁幕倒塌后首批进入俄罗斯的 |
[47:45] | into Russia after the wall fell. | 西方商人之一 |
[47:47] | But more than that, an Albany machine man. | 除此之外 他是一名奥尔巴尼的机械工 |
[47:50] | His family goes all the way back to Tweed. | 他的家人可以追溯到粗花呢衣服时代 |
[47:53] | Foley’s war chest got three of the last four Govs elected, | 富利的专款在前四届州长选举中拿下三届 |
[47:56] | along with half the Assembly. | 还拿下了半个议会 |
[47:57] | But it seems, in this case, he focused on the casino. | 可在这件事中看来 他只在乎赌场 |
[48:00] | So, why would Foley want to fuck me? | 所以 为什么富利跟我过不去 |
[48:02] | Unclear. Look, it’s like that Marco kid said, | 不清楚 听着 就像那个叫马尔科的小孩说的 |
[48:06] | this likely wasn’t a targeted strike. | 这次很可能不是有针对性的打压 |
[48:08] | It was collateral on a strike against someone else. | 是对其他人打压的连带效应 |
[48:10] | It may actually be random Albany bullshit. | 可能实际是个随机的奥尔巴尼烂摊子 |
[48:13] | But we can’t be sure it wasn’t. | 但我们不能确定它不是的 |
[48:15] | No, we can’t. | 不 我们不能 |
[48:24] | I’m Tier two, which means I can sign out | 我是公司里的第二层 意味着我能 |
[48:26] | during the day to look for a job. | 在白天请假出去找工作 |
[48:28] | But I don’t want to talk about this place. | 但我不想谈论这个地方 |
[48:30] | I want to hear about the world. | 我想听听外面的世界 |
[48:32] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[48:35] | I’m having problems with that bond I bought upstate. | 我在北边买的债券出问题了 |
[48:39] | I saw. | 我看到了 |
[48:40] | Albany moved the gaming license. | 奥尔巴尼取消了赌博执照 |
[48:43] | You trying to get it back? | 你想夺回来 |
[48:44] | It’s too late. I have to take action. | 太迟了 我必须采取措施 |
[48:48] | The only way that I can come out ahead, | 我能想到的唯一办法 |
[48:51] | it’s pretty grisly. | 很可怕 |
[48:55] | Playing Torquemada’s never fun. | 扮演托克马达 从来都不好玩 |
[48:55] | 15世纪西班牙宗教裁判所首任大法官 在任期间大量迫害异教徒 驱逐犹太人 | |
[49:07] | I’m still stuck on how the whole license thing went down. | 我依然想不通 为什么执照的事突然失利了 |
[49:10] | It was supposed to be a done deal. | 这本来是板上钉钉的事 |
[49:13] | But the switch… it tracks back to Jack Foley. | 可事情突然转变 可以追踪到杰克·富利 |
[49:17] | What do you want to know about Black Jack? | 你想知道关于二十一点杰克的什么 |
[49:19] | What drives him. What moves him. | 他的动力 让他改变的原因 |
[49:22] | Who he’s close to. | 他亲近的人 |
[49:24] | How I can get close to him. | 我怎样才能接近他 |
[49:26] | He’s driven by maintaining influence… | 他的动力就是维持他的影响力 |
[49:28] | naturally… | 这是自然 |
[49:30] | and growing his six-generation fortune | 继续积累他那惊人的财富 |
[49:33] | and staying invisible despite it all. | 如此还要保证不被发现 |
[49:35] | Advisor to kings and princes. | 给皇室成员提供建议 |
[49:38] | There was a time not long ago | 不久前有个时机 |
[49:39] | I could have put you in a room with him. | 我本可以安排你和他同处一室 |
[49:41] | But I’m off his speed dial now. | 但我现在不在他的快捷通话列表里了 |
[49:45] | All the way off. | 如今不同了 |
[49:48] | Roberto… | 罗伯特 |
[49:51] | what you’re considering upstate, | 你考虑的北边的事情 |
[49:53] | the vulture play, know this… | 趁火打劫那招 要知道 |
[49:57] | everybody’s a Libertarian until it’s their town that’s dying. | 自己的家乡没落之前 人人都是自由主义者 |
[50:00] | Then a bailout only seems right. | 紧急财政援助似乎是唯一正确的出路 |
[50:03] | Before I ended up in here, i would’ve said to you, | 在我离开这里之前 我会告诉你 |
[50:07] | “Let it implode. Raze the fucker. | “让它内爆吧 把那破地方夷为平地 |
[50:09] | Let something new grow in its place. | 让原位置长出新生事物 |
[50:12] | Prop it up and you’re only delaying the inevitable collapse.” | 维持 不过是延迟了无法避免的坍塌而已” |
[50:15] | But now? | 那现在呢 |
[50:17] | You have to handle it right, | 你要正确处理 |
[50:18] | or you’ll be facing the same torches and pitchforks | 否则你将面对我在这里受到的 |
[50:20] | that landed me in here. | 同样的愤怒和反对 |
[50:22] | Except that what I’d be doing isn’t illegal. | 只不过我的行为不违法 |
[50:27] | I did everything I could | 我尽我所能 |
[50:29] | to make sure it didn’t come to this. | 想确保不会走到这一步 |
[50:30] | But still it went bad. | 可形势仍然恶化了 |
[50:35] | Just don’t forget… | 别忘了 |
[50:37] | if they hate you enough, | 如果他们足够恨你 |
[50:38] | they will find legal grounds to fuck you. | 他们一定会找到法律依据弄死你 |
[50:41] | You know this. | 你知道的 |
[50:51] | You’re not gonna be able to find out what I need to know. | 你不会找到我想知道的 |
[50:54] | I’m gonna have to sit down face-to-face with Foley. | 我要和富利面谈 |
[50:56] | He’ll be resistant. | 他会很固执 |
[50:58] | So start thinking of ways to overcome that resistance. | 所以开始想办法攻克这种固执吧 |
[51:01] | Will do. | 会的 |
[51:13] | Yeah. | 喂 |
[51:16] | No, I wasn’t. But send him up. | 不 没有 但让他上来吧 |
[51:35] | I understand what “vulture” means now, huh. | 我知道趁火打劫是什么意思 |
[51:39] | I know things didn’t work out the way we thought they would. | 我知道事情不像我们想的方向发展 |
[51:41] | And I know this is a bad situation for you. | 我也知道这对你来说情况不妙 |
[51:44] | But I got to ask you to please | 但我必须请求你 |
[51:46] | not take it out on Marco’s town. | 别拿马尔科的镇子出气 |
[51:50] | You know you’ve got a finder’s fee coming to you either way. | 你知道 不论如何你都要付中间人佣金 |
[51:52] | Come on, I don’t give a shit about that. | 得了 我一点都不关心 |
[51:54] | You can throw it right in if it changes anything. | 要是能改变什么你早就孤注一掷了 |
[51:57] | Bobby, I’ve known you since you’re a kid. | 波比 我从小就认识你了 |
[51:59] | I don’t know why you want to hurt all of these people | 我不知道你为什么要伤害这些 |
[52:01] | who got so little as it is. | 毫无轻重的人 |
[52:04] | These people, they’re just like you while growing up. | 这些人 他们和你一样长大 |
[52:07] | Now you’ve got everything. | 只不过现在你坐拥一切 |
[52:09] | They’re gonna have less than nothing. | 他们却什么都没有 |
[52:11] | I can’t have that on my head, and you don’t want it on yours. | 我不能允许自己想这些 你也不会的 |
[52:14] | I hear you, Bruno. | 我懂 布鲁诺 |
[52:16] | Like you said, you’ve known me since I was a kid, | 正如你说的 从小你就认识我 |
[52:19] | so you know I’m telling you the truth | 所以我要是跟你说我不想做这件事 |
[52:21] | when I say I want to avoid doing it. | 你知道我说的是实话 |
[52:25] | I’m trying my best. | 我尽全力了 |
[53:22] | I saw Bruno down there. | 我看到刚才布鲁诺在楼下 |
[53:24] | He was here about the muni bond? | 他是为了市政债券来的吗 |
[53:26] | Lobbying for Sandicot. | 是想帮桑迪克特游说 |
[53:33] | What do you think I should do? | 你认为我该怎么做 |
[53:37] | You finally asking me for my opinion? | 你终于想起来问我了 |
[53:40] | I wasn’t cutting you out. | 我之前也没不想跟你谈 |
[53:44] | I’m just trying to wrap my head around all this. | 我只是想要捋顺到底发生了什么 |
[53:46] | But now I really need to know what you think. | 可现在我真的需要知道你是怎么想的 |
[53:54] | I can see how painful this is for you. | 我能想象你有多痛苦 |
[53:57] | It was all over your face when you were talking to Bruno. | 当你跟布鲁诺说话时全表现在脸上了 |
[54:03] | It’s tough. | 很不容易 |
[54:06] | I just sank a shit ton of money into a place | 我往一处永远回不了本的地方 |
[54:08] | that will never be able to repay its obligations. | 投了一大笔钱 |
[54:13] | But if we go soft, like Bruno wants us to, | 但是如果我们客气一点 就像布鲁诺希望我们做的 |
[54:16] | we’ll lose the better part of 500 million dollars. | 我们会损失五亿美元中的大头 |
[54:21] | Whereas if we do what it takes to make the bond viable, | 而如果我们努力让债券可行 |
[54:27] | we’re gonna clear over $100 million. | 我们就可以拿出一亿美元 |
[54:31] | I can see both sides of this. | 我能想到你为什么为难 |
[54:35] | Those people up there are who we used to be. | 我们曾经就是那些人 |
[54:37] | That’s what Bruno said. | 布鲁诺就是这么说的 |
[54:42] | Did anyone ever help us, or look out for us? | 有人帮助过我们吗 或者照顾我们 |
[54:48] | When my mother was closing the blinds | 那时 我妈妈为了让上门收费的 |
[54:50] | so that bill collectors wouldn’t know that anyone was home? | 以为没人在家 拉上窗帘 |
[54:52] | No. | 没有 |
[54:54] | The way we were brought up, it was always them or us. | 我们成长的方式 不是你死就是我活 |
[54:57] | And it still is. | 现在仍然是 |
[54:59] | That’s what I think. | 这就是我的想法 |
[55:03] | And like you said, Bobby… | 你也说过 波比 |
[55:05] | in the end, everyone else is cannon fodder. | 到最后 其他人都是炮灰 |
[55:09] | So I say you go up there, and you do what you got to do. | 所以要我说 你该怎么做怎么做 |
[55:12] | Cut off the gangrenous parts. | 切掉坏死的部分 |
[55:14] | And then we go in with charter schools and outrage | 然后我们开办特许公立学校 |
[55:17] | for about $30 million. | 狂砸三千万美元 |
[55:18] | We capture the tax write-off, | 我们抓住被冲销的税 |
[55:20] | and those kids will be better off | 而那些孩子会比他们的父母 |
[55:21] | than their parents, or we, ever were. | 或者我们都要更好 |
[55:45] | Before we go out, can you order pizza for the kids? | 我们出门前 你能给孩子们订披萨吗 |
[55:49] | Chinese tonight. | 今天是中餐日 |
[55:50] | The one they like doesn’t deliver. | 他们喜欢的那家不送外卖 |
[55:52] | And George isn’t here yet. | 乔治又还没来 |
[55:53] | I’ll get it. | 我去买回来 |
[55:56] | Seize all their assets… | 没收他们的所有资产 |
[55:58] | property, utilities, machinery, vehicles, buildings. | 财产 设备 机械 车辆 楼房 |
[56:02] | Everything, even Town fucking Hall. | 全部 甚至还有该死的市政厅 |
[56:05] | Look to seize the town’s bank accounts, | 注意没收市里的银行账户 |
[56:07] | payroll accounts, pension funds. | 工资账户 养老金 |
[56:18] | Do it. | 开始吧 |
[56:19] | They’ll fucking agree to it because they’ve got no choice. | 他们会同意的 因为他们别无选择 |
[56:22] | And don’t stop till we get what we’re owed. | 不拿到欠我们的一切就别停 |