时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:12] | Ah, it’s a road bottle. | 就这一小瓶 |
[00:14] | How do you get up and go to work? | 你早上怎么起得来上班 |
[00:15] | Patient concierge — | 一个护工 |
[00:17] | Fixes me up with a room and an I.V. | 一个房间和静脉注射就能解决我的问题 |
[00:19] | Forty-five minutes, and I rebound like an undergrad. | 45分钟后 我就能像个本科生那样活力四射 |
[00:22] | I’m sending you somewhere. | 我要把你送走 |
[00:24] | Please, not rehab. | 不要去康复中心 |
[00:25] | No. | 不是 |
[00:27] | I need help. | 我需要帮助 |
[00:30] | Sandicot’s downtown is ripe for redevelopment. | 桑迪科特县中心准备好进行改造了 |
[00:32] | Why would I ever put any of my money | 我为什么要把我的钱 |
[00:35] | in your corner of the state? | 投到你家乡那个角落 |
[00:37] | I don’t expect you to do this deal as a favor to my uncle. | 我并不指望你因为帮我叔叔才同意投资 |
[00:40] | I expect you to do it because of the casino. | 我希望你是因为赌场 |
[00:44] | Look, I don’t think I’m gonna be able to help you get Boyd. | 我想我没法帮你们抓到博伊德 |
[00:46] | I want to, but — | 我也想 但是 |
[00:47] | Am I going to have to wear a wire? | 我要装窃听器吗 |
[00:49] | Mr. McKinnon, you’re gonna be a hero. | 麦金农先生 你要当英雄了 |
[00:53] | Steven Birch? | 史蒂文·博奇 |
[00:55] | It’s either him or you. | 不是他 就是你 |
[00:56] | You do an autopsy on the deal, | 好好剖析这次交易 |
[00:58] | you’ll find yourself a Pulitzer in the carcass. | 够你拿个普利策奖 |
[01:00] | The federal sentencing guidelines | 根据联邦量刑准则 |
[01:02] | call for you to serve 11 years. | 你将要服刑十一年 |
[01:05] | I don’t want to go to jail. | 我不想进监狱 |
[01:07] | Wise choice, Mr. Birch. | 很明智 博奇先生 |
[01:09] | I want to get out from under this immediately. | 我要立刻脱身 |
[01:12] | Then what can you give me now? | 那你现在能给我什么呢 |
[01:13] | There are a few mid-level guys. | 有几个中层人员 |
[01:15] | What if I sacrifice them? | 如果我牺牲他们呢 |
[01:16] | I have another source I can check to be sure it’s legit. | 我还有个渠道可以再确认一下这是合法的 |
[01:19] | I’ll be careful. | 我会小心一点的 |
[01:21] | You better be. | 你最好这样 |
[01:22] | But not everyone out there’s a savage. | 但不是外头的所有人都是野蛮人 |
[01:25] | Rhoades opened his eyes to the bigger picture. | 罗兹开阔视野看到了大局 |
[01:30] | I don’t like the idea of Boyd going down. | 我不想看到博伊德倒下 |
[01:32] | Doesn’t — Doesn’t sit right with me. | 我并不能接受 |
[01:35] | You never give anyone your playbook, | 你从未给别人亮过底牌 |
[01:37] | no matter how much you’re rooting for them to win. | 无论你多支持他们 想让他们去赢 |
[02:18] | I’ll move the car for you, Mr. Wagner. | 我帮您移车吧 瓦格纳先生 |
[02:20] | You will leave it right there. | 不用了 |
[02:22] | I and it will be gone before long. | 我很快就会把它开走 |
[02:30] | Look, it’s Wags | 瓦格斯来了 |
[02:31] | – Hey, Wags, how — – It’s Wags. | -瓦格斯 -是瓦格斯 |
[02:36] | Wags, where you been? | 瓦格斯 你去哪了 |
[02:37] | Wags, I’ve been calling you. | 瓦格斯 我一直在给你打电话 |
[02:41] | Call you back. | 等会打给你 |
[02:50] | You haven’t been drinking. | 你戒酒了 |
[02:51] | Your eyes are clear. | 你的眼睛很明亮 |
[02:55] | Let me see. | 我看看 |
[02:59] | It’s not shaking. | 不抖了 |
[03:01] | I want to get this out. | 我想退出 |
[03:03] | When I started here, | 当我开始在这工作的时候 |
[03:05] | I made a promise to you, and you to me. | 我向你许下了承诺 同样你也给了我承诺 |
[03:08] | We’ve kept that promise no matter what. | 我们无论如何一直都信守着那个承诺 |
[03:12] | Well, with a windup like that, | 那样结束的话 |
[03:13] | I’m sure whatever you have to say must be important. | 我相信不管你要说什么 一定很重要 |
[03:16] | It is. | 是很重要 |
[03:18] | Momentous even. | 甚至极其严重 |
[03:21] | Thing is, it’s not your turn to speak. | 问题是 现在轮不到你说话 |
[03:24] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[03:25] | Because while you have been out there learning the Yaqui Way | 因为当你在外边学雅基人那套的时候 |
[03:28] | or how to run like the Tarahumara, | 或是学着像塔拉乌马拉人那样奔跑时 |
[03:30] | I have been in here fighting the battle of fucking Thermopylae! | 我他妈在这打着温泉关战役 |
[03:30] | 斯巴达三百勇士于温泉关抵抗波斯帝国 全部阵亡 | |
[03:44] | Hell of a job, Sung. | 干得漂亮 宋 |
[03:46] | Corporate was going on about how we’d never make delivery | 公司一直在说我们不可能交上这批 |
[03:49] | on the Sapphire Super-Thin. | 蓝宝石超薄屏的货 |
[03:51] | I was like, shit, you don’t know Sung. | 我想着 放屁 那是你不认识宋 |
[04:38] | Axe, we’re fucked! | 阿克斯 我们完蛋了 |
[04:48] | Gordie, say hi to Mr. Pawlowski. | 戈弟 和帕夫洛夫斯基先生打招呼 |
[04:50] | Fuck that. It’s Nicky, kid. | 去他的 叫我尼奇就行 孩子 |
[04:51] | – Nicky. – Hello. | -尼奇 -你好 |
[04:53] | You know, I owe everything to your dad. | 我这辈子都欠你爸爸的 |
[04:55] | You know that? | 知道吗 |
[04:56] | We were getting killed out here, couldn’t make a dime. | 我们那会都要死在那了 一分钱都挣不到 |
[04:58] | And then your dad figures out how we could come away | 是你爸爸想出办法 让我们连续三场 |
[05:00] | with $50k a race on the triple. | 每场赢下了五万块 |
[05:03] | – You see you real– – All right, all right, | -你看 -好了 好了 |
[05:04] | we’ll give him the full education another time. | 我们下次再好好教育他 |
[05:07] | He already knows the most important part. | 他已经知道最重要的部分了 |
[05:10] | Who makes a bet if they don’t know how it’s gonna turn out? | 谁会在不知道事情会如何发展的时候打赌 |
[05:12] | Suckers. | 傻瓜 |
[05:15] | Go take some pictures, yeah? | 去拍些照片吧 |
[05:16] | My phone’s dead. | 我手机没电了 |
[05:19] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[05:23] | You didn’t come up here for a tip on a race? | 你来这不是为了要什么关于比赛的提示吧 |
[05:26] | You heard anything about a new casino | 你有听说过一个新的 |
[05:28] | coming to upstate New York? | 要开到纽约北部的赌场吗 |
[05:30] | Whispers, yeah. I heard whispers. | 传言 是的 我听到了些传言 |
[05:32] | It’s important I find out where exactly it’s going. | 弄清楚这赌场具体要盖到哪对我而言非常重要 |
[05:36] | The town’s unclear. | 还不清楚 |
[05:38] | But I did hear this big casino guy, | 但是我的确听说了这个大赌场的老板 |
[05:40] | Donald Thayer, he’s getting ready to get busy building upstate. | 是唐纳德·赛耶 他正准备要开发北部 |
[05:43] | I know Thayer. | 我知道赛耶 |
[05:45] | ‘Course you do. | 你当然知道 |
[05:46] | Dad, your phone is, like, blowing up. | 爸 你的手机都快炸了 |
[05:48] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[05:59] | Calling to tell me Sansomic’s fucked? | 打来告诉我桑硕美完蛋了 |
[06:01] | I just got word. | 我刚得到消息 |
[06:02] | Yeah, they’re gonna stiff delivery on 400,000 Celestial phones. | 他们准备延迟交那40万天朝手机的货 |
[06:05] | Their glass supplier beefed on the new super-thin screens. | 他们的玻璃供应商对新的超薄屏幕有所抱怨 |
[06:08] | They crack under the heat gun during adhesion. | 那些屏幕在用加热枪粘附的时候都裂了 |
[06:11] | Some guy in Korea took a mickey over it. | 韩国的某个家伙还嘲笑这件事了 |
[06:13] | But that’s only half the reason why I’m calling. | 但那只是我打给你的原因之一 |
[06:15] | What? | 什么 |
[06:16] | Sam Brandt — Street Scoop — | 《华尔街独家新闻》的山姆·布兰特 |
[06:19] | Out hunting. | 打探到消息 |
[06:19] | She knows you’re lugging the stock | 她知道你满仓了那家的股票 |
[06:21] | and you’re facing your first down quarter because of it. | 并且你因此面临着你的首个下跌季度 |
[06:23] | She wants you to be a talking head on her show. | 她想让你上她的节目 |
[06:26] | Shit! Can you spike it? | 操 你能帮我搞定吗 |
[06:28] | No, but if you say you’ll go on, | 不能 但是如果你说你会去 |
[06:30] | you can buy yourself the last three days of the month. | 你还能争取这个月最后的三天时间 |
[06:33] | All right, I’ll do it. | 好吧 我会去的 |
[06:35] | Thanks for the heads up. | 谢谢提醒 |
[06:41] | Fuck. | 操 |
[06:45] | – So, we’re still talking about this? – We are. | -所以 我们还是要讨论这个吗 -是的 |
[06:50] | It’s beneath us. | 这远远不是我们该做的 |
[06:51] | Petty. | 太小气了 |
[06:52] | Let’s not judge in that way. | 我们还是先不要这么评判 |
[06:56] | Wendy. | 温蒂 |
[07:00] | I ask him not to overdress for dinner. | 我让他不要盛装出席晚餐 |
[07:02] | Eight people on a patio, | 只是八个人在院子里吃 |
[07:04] | he says he won’t, then he shows up in… | 他说他不会的 然后他就出现了 |
[07:06] | that suit. | 穿着这身西装 |
[07:08] | I was coming from the office. | 我是从办公室过来的 |
[07:09] | – Erica lives three blocks from us. – Oh, okay. | -艾瑞卡家离我们家才三个街区 -好吧 |
[07:12] | So, I wanted to wear the suit. | 所以 我就是想穿这身西装 |
[07:14] | You know, we weren’t white-water rafting down the Colorado, | 我们不是从科罗拉多大峡谷漂流下来的 |
[07:17] | we were having bisque for fuck’s sake. | 我们只是他妈的喝个汤而已 |
[07:20] | Oh, on a courtyard outside a $7 million townhouse. | 在一栋价值700万的别墅外面的院子里 |
[07:24] | Wendy… | 温蒂 |
[07:27] | can you tell Chuck why it bothered you so much | 你能告诉查克为什么他穿着这身西装去 |
[07:28] | that he wore that suit? | 这么困扰你吗 |
[07:33] | Yeah. He can’t for a second let anyone forget | 他一刻也不能让别人忘记 |
[07:36] | he is the “United States Attorney for the Southern District.” | 他是”纽约南区联邦检察官” |
[07:39] | So, the suit. | 所以这身西装 |
[07:43] | It’s not enough for him to think his profession | 对于他来说 觉得自己的职业是一种使命 |
[07:45] | is — is a calling while everyone else merely has a job. | 而其他人的只是份工作而已都还不够 |
[07:48] | He needs to prove it at all times — | 他得无时不刻地证明这一点 |
[07:49] | Do you think I can’t tell the way people look at us? | 你觉得我看不出来别人是怎么看我们的吗 |
[07:59] | Don’t you think that I know that you can do better than me? | 你觉得我不知道你能找到比我更好的吗 |
[08:06] | Maybe I want to wear something | 也许我想要穿上那种衣服 |
[08:07] | that won’t make them look at us and wonder, | 不会让他们看着我们会想 |
[08:09] | “Gee, what is she doing with him?” | “天哪 她为什么会和他在一起” |
[08:25] | I had no idea you felt that way. | 我完全不知道你是这么想的 |
[08:34] | If the quarter ended today, | 如果这个季度今天结束 |
[08:36] | we’d be underwater like Crimson fucking Tide. | 我们早就被淹没了 像《红潮风暴》一样 |
[08:39] | Sansomic has pulled us down to negative 2.3%. | 桑硕美已经把我们的收益率拉低到了-2.3% |
[08:43] | But we have three days to turn that around. | 但我们有三天的时间来扭转局面 |
[08:45] | So, what do you have for me? | 所以你们有什么想法 |
[08:48] | I’m peeling back the skin on Territory Petroleum. | 我在跟进地区石油 |
[08:50] | They’re sitting on good numbers. | 现在的价格不错 |
[08:51] | If they come out, it’ll bump seven — | 如果卖出的话 收益率能升到七… |
[08:52] | It’s too late. | 太晚了 |
[08:53] | When the numbers come out, we’re a dead man walking. | 等数字出来了 我们早就死翘翘了 |
[08:56] | Aren’t you supposed to be on the Sandicot muni-bond deal? | 你不是在忙桑迪科特市政债券交易吗 |
[08:59] | Why are you even here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[09:00] | I thought it was an all-hands situation, urgent. | 我以为这种紧急情况下需要全体出动 |
[09:02] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[09:03] | But the greats never sacrifice the important for the urgent. | 但高手从不会因为紧急而牺牲重要的事 |
[09:06] | They handle the immediate problem | 他们可以解决即时问题 |
[09:07] | and still make sure to secure the future. | 同时依然能确保未来的安全 |
[09:09] | Ferguson? | 弗格森 |
[09:10] | Rip our illiquid longs. | 脱手我们的非流动性多头 |
[09:12] | I’ve got a few positions on my book | 我的账面上还有不少仓位 |
[09:14] | that are ready for juicing. | 随时可以出手 |
[09:15] | And we could add some classy names to the investor letter — | 我们还可以在投资者信件里加几个漂亮名字 |
[09:17] | That’s fucking window dressing. | 这他妈就是装饰门面 |
[09:19] | Graff? | 格拉夫 |
[09:21] | We flee to quality. | 我们转向质量方面 |
[09:22] | Blue-chip time. | 该蓝筹股上场了 |
[09:23] | It may not be fast, | 或许速度不够快 |
[09:24] | but at least we’ll be able to show our investors — | 但至少我们能给投资者展现… |
[09:26] | Do you think I don’t understand what the fuck is going on? | 你们以为我不清楚到底是怎么回事吗 |
[09:29] | You are all playing it safe for the quarter | 你们都想在这一季度保守一些 |
[09:31] | so you have a shot of personally being up on the year. | 好让自己在这一年度有机会升职 |
[09:34] | You are all selfish motherfuckers! | 你们都是自私的混蛋 |
[09:38] | Looking to mitigate your downsides | 想要减轻对自己的负面影响 |
[09:40] | and protect your bonuses. | 保护好自己的奖金 |
[09:43] | The only currency that this firm has — | 现如今我们公司 以及任何公司 |
[09:48] | that any firm has these days — | 拥有的唯一的货币 |
[09:50] | is its winning streak. | 就是连胜纪录了 |
[09:51] | The Kevlar of “Knowing the answer.” | “知道答案”的防弹衣 |
[09:54] | You break that, you break the whole thing. | 打破了这个 一切都完了 |
[10:00] | Nobody leaves here until you hand me an idea | 在想出让我能在几天时间内 |
[10:04] | that I can shock the world with in a few days time. | 撼动世界的主意之前 谁都不能离开 |
[10:15] | Fuck this. | 去他的 |
[10:18] | Finally someone has something. | 终于有人有主意了 |
[10:20] | The way I see it, | 在我看来 |
[10:21] | we need a quick fix in a non-quick-fix market. | 我们需要快速复苏无法快速复苏的市场 |
[10:24] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:26] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[10:28] | I was talking to Victor. | 我和维克多谈过 |
[10:30] | Why were you talking to Victor? | 你为什么要和维克多谈 |
[10:31] | You know why. | 你知道为什么 |
[10:35] | She have to be here? | 她也要听吗 |
[10:36] | Sure as shit. | 当然了 |
[10:39] | Changes what I can pitch. | 但这会影响我能说的话 |
[10:40] | By design. | 正要如此 |
[10:43] | Well, you may have solved one problem, | 你或许解决了一个问题 |
[10:44] | but you made the crucial one much harder to solve. | 但同时也让最至关重要的问题更难解决 |
[10:47] | So you got nothing. | 所以你没有主意 |
[10:48] | No, I have just what you need. | 不 我有你想要的主意 |
[10:50] | But apparently, I can’t give it to you. | 但很显然 我不能告诉你 |
[11:05] | You’re allowed, you know. | 你可以出错的 |
[11:07] | You are not an algorithm, you are not a machine, | 你不是算法 不是机器 |
[11:11] | you’re human. | 你是人类 |
[11:12] | You are allowed to have a down quarter. | 你可以有一个收益率下跌的季度 |
[11:15] | All hedge funds do, eventually. | 所有的对冲基金最终都会这样 |
[11:17] | Trust can be built on fallibility. | 信任可以建立在易错性上 |
[11:20] | There have been studies. | 有这样的研究 |
[11:21] | You said you were determined | 你说过你很坚定 |
[11:23] | to never come close to the line. | 永远不会接近那条界线 |
[11:25] | Those are the terms under which I’m here, | 这是我来这里的条件 |
[11:27] | so you have to be prepared for results like these. | 所以你必须要为这种结果做好准备 |
[11:30] | You have to be, if not okay with them, | 你必须要这样 如果不满意 |
[11:32] | then at least accepting. | 至少要接受 |
[11:37] | I want some privacy. And where the fuck is Wags? | 我想一个人待会 瓦格斯哪去了 |
[11:40] | Find him. | 找他来 |
[11:49] | Mr. Watley, hold up, please. | 沃特利先生 请等一下 |
[11:52] | I have a meeting — very important. | 我有一场很重要的会议 |
[11:57] | Uh, I’ll make myself available to you | 等日程上一有空了 |
[11:58] | first opening in my Filofax. | 我马上见你 |
[12:00] | I’ve seen your calendar. | 我看过你的日程了 |
[12:02] | Make an opening. | 空出时间吧 |
[12:04] | Or I will. | 要不就我来[突破] |
[12:13] | – Deb, you found Wags? – No. | -黛布 你找到瓦格斯了吗 -没有 |
[12:16] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[12:18] | – You do? – Part of one. | -是吗 -差不多吧 |
[12:20] | It’s not mine. | 不是我的主意 |
[12:21] | I overheard it from Mafee… | 我从玛菲那里听到的 |
[12:25] | last night. | 昨晚 |
[12:28] | But he can’t know it’s from me. | 但不能让他知道是我说的 |
[12:29] | It’s sensitive. | 这事很敏感 |
[12:31] | He’s hiding from you. | 他对你有所隐瞒 |
[12:44] | Is this where you do your best thinking? | 你就在这里能很好地思考吗 |
[12:46] | I was just finishing up. | 我刚完事 |
[12:50] | I know you, Mafee. | 我了解你 玛菲 |
[12:52] | I know when you’re holding out. | 我能看出你有所隐瞒的时候 |
[12:54] | There’s no one else but us. You should share. | 这里只有你我 你就说吧 |
[12:57] | There’s this currency play. | 有一个货币的机会 |
[13:02] | Are you transmitting me the details telepathically? | 你是想通过心灵感应让我了解细节吗 |
[13:05] | Okay, just — | 好吧 |
[13:07] | There’s this guy — Everett Wright. | 有个家伙 埃弗雷特·莱特 |
[13:09] | We’re bros. From college. | 我们是好兄弟 大学同学 |
[13:11] | Played lax together. | 一起打过长曲棍球 |
[13:13] | Fucking Eveready, he was always better than me. | 去他的埃弗雷迪 他总是比我厉害 |
[13:17] | He trades currency over at Richards. | 他在理查兹做货币交易 |
[13:19] | Started crushing it right out of school. | 刚毕业就开始了 |
[13:23] | Thing is, he’s a great guy. | 问题是 他人很好 |
[13:26] | I love him. | 我很喜欢他 |
[13:27] | When I landed my job here, I thought, | 我在这里开始工作时 就想 |
[13:28] | “Damn, I finally crept ahead.” | 靠 我终于能领先一步了 |
[13:32] | But if I tell you what he’s got, | 但如果我告诉你他有什么本事 |
[13:34] | you’ll love him. | 你也会喜欢他的 |
[13:35] | Mafee, no one could take your place in my heart. | 玛菲 谁都不能取代你在我心中的位置 |
[13:39] | You don’t know Eveready. | 你不了解埃弗雷迪 |
[13:40] | You’ll bring him in. | 你会招他进来的 |
[13:43] | He’ll meet Deb. | 他会认识黛布 |
[13:50] | Shit. | 靠 |
[13:55] | I wanted to talk next steps in the Lawrence Boyd investigation. | 我想谈谈劳伦斯·博伊德调查的下一步计划 |
[13:59] | Now that we have McKinnon back on a wire, | 既然麦金农带着窃听器回去上班了 |
[14:02] | shouldn’t we be proactive? | 我们不该主动一些吗 |
[14:06] | Have you ever been hunting, Sacker? | 你打过猎吗 塞克 |
[14:08] | Uh, no, I’m black. | 没有 我是黑人 |
[14:10] | I didn’t realize that was a thing. | 我还不知道这也有影响 |
[14:12] | It is. | 有的 |
[14:16] | Well, uh, before I started high school, | 我上高中之前 |
[14:19] | my father took me up to Canada to hunt wolves. | 我父亲带我去了加拿大猎狼 |
[14:24] | Something about making a man of me. | 想让我更有点男子气概 |
[14:26] | Oh, it was… awful. | 很…糟糕 |
[14:30] | I remember we tried everything to bag one. | 我记得我们想尽办法去抓一头狼 |
[14:34] | Tracking. He left deer meat. | 跟踪 他还放置鹿肉来引诱 |
[14:37] | Howling. | 嚎叫 |
[14:39] | He blew into a caller | 他吹了一支哨子 |
[14:40] | that was supposed to sound like a dying rabbit. | 听起来应该像是垂死的兔子的叫声 |
[14:43] | And all the while, we didn’t see a single blessed wolf. | 自始至终我们都没见到一只该死的狼 |
[14:47] | Well, after three brutal days of this, | 痛苦的三天过后 |
[14:50] | we came across a hunter, old guy. | 我们碰到一个猎人 年纪很大 |
[14:52] | He was probably too old to be out there. | 大到都不该出来打猎了 |
[14:54] | And he gave us some advice. | 他给了我们一些建议 |
[14:58] | The next day, we saw three wolves… | 第二天 我们见到了三只狼 |
[15:01] | and bagged one. | 带回了一只 |
[15:04] | What did he say? | 他怎么说的 |
[15:06] | He told my father to use the only trap | 他教我爸用了一个人类或是野兽 |
[15:08] | that can’t be avoided by man or beast or Lawrence Boyd. | 甚至是劳伦斯·博伊德都逃脱不了的圈套 |
[15:13] | He told him to… | 他告诉我爸… |
[15:16] | McKinnon called me. | 麦金农打给我了 |
[15:22] | Chef Ryan has everything set up for your new friend. | 瑞恩主厨为你的新朋友把一切都准备好了 |
[15:24] | He’s outside. | 他在外面 |
[15:26] | A little home court hospitality? | 要在主场热情一点吗 |
[15:29] | I need you to do something for me. | 我要你帮个忙 |
[15:32] | I want to take the business to the next level. | 我想把我的生意扩大 |
[15:34] | To raise capital. | 需要募集资金 |
[15:36] | You never even have to ask me before writing a check. | 你自己写张支票就好 用不着问我 |
[15:38] | No, I don’t want to just take it from you. | 不 我不想直接从你这儿拿 |
[15:41] | I want the business to have outside validation. | 我要让我的生意得到外界的认可 |
[15:44] | An actual cap raise. | 真实正规地募集资金 |
[15:46] | You sure you’re ready? | 你确定你准备好了吗 |
[15:48] | ‘Cause what you’re asking, if you’re not ready… | 因为你没准备好的话 你要求的事情… |
[15:51] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[15:53] | Okay. I’ll call Boyd. | 好 我给博伊德打个电话 |
[15:56] | And he’ll have the right guy at Spartan-Ives | 他会把斯巴坦-艾弗斯合适的人选派来 |
[15:57] | sit with you about expanding. | 和你谈扩张的事情 |
[16:04] | Lobster? | 龙虾 |
[16:06] | Yeah, to impress you. | 是啊 为了给你个好印象 |
[16:07] | You impressed? | 感觉还好吗 |
[16:10] | So, Mafee tells me that you’re not happy over at Richards. | 玛菲说你在理查兹干得并不开心 |
[16:15] | Oh, Mafee. | 玛菲 |
[16:17] | That boy’s something else. | 那孩子不一般 |
[16:20] | I’d get fired just for having this meeting. | 这次会面就会让我被炒了 |
[16:21] | Yeah, well, if this meeting goes well, | 没错 但是如果这次会面进展顺利 |
[16:23] | that’s not gonna be a big concern for you. | 你就不需要担心工作的事情了 |
[16:26] | Right. | 也是 |
[16:29] | They’re leaving a lot of money on the table at my firm. | 我们公司的人有钱不赚 |
[16:32] | And I just have a philosophical problem with that. | 我就是不能理解为什么 |
[16:34] | Yeah, so what opportunities are they scared to pursue? | 他们不敢抓住的机会是什么 |
[16:38] | It’s not a one-firm play. | 这件事一个公司运转不起来 |
[16:39] | You need all five families going in to make it work. | 需要五大公司都参与其中才能成功 |
[16:42] | I’m listening. | 听着呢 |
[16:43] | The Nigerian government is gonna devalue their currency. | 尼日利亚政府准备让他们的货币贬值 |
[16:47] | You know that? | 你连那个都知道 |
[16:48] | The Central Bank Governor told me. | 他们的中央银行行长告诉我的 |
[16:51] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:52] | The Nigerian oil industry is weaker than numbers suggest. | 尼日利亚石油行业比数据显示的还要衰弱 |
[16:55] | Much weaker. | 衰弱多了 |
[16:56] | A strong gust of wind could blow it over. | 一阵大风就能将其吹翻 |
[16:58] | They have to devalue. | 他们必须贬值货币 |
[17:00] | And when are they gonna do it? | 他们准备什么时候开始 |
[17:01] | That’s the tricky part. | 重点就在这儿 |
[17:03] | Could be a month from now. | 可能是一个月后 |
[17:04] | And with the right pressure, could be tomorrow, | 如果有人大力做空它 |
[17:08] | if somebody takes a massive short position against it. | 施加了足够的压力 可能就是明天 |
[17:13] | E-mail me your research, | 等我们吃完午饭 |
[17:15] | encrypt it as soon as we finish lunch. | 立马把你的调查加密发给我 |
[17:18] | If I like what I see, | 如果我喜欢我所读到的东西 |
[17:19] | this won’t be the last lobster we crush together. | 这就不会是咱俩最后一次一起钳龙虾吃 |
[17:27] | I got a beautiful wool silk twill to show you. | 我有一匹非常漂亮的丝毛斜纹布要给你看看 |
[17:30] | Come pick your lining when you’re ready. | 你这完事之后就可以来取衬里了 |
[17:38] | So, I’ve read his research. | 我读过他的研究成果了 |
[17:40] | It’s strong, but it’s a big play. | 很有说服力 但是这票太大了 |
[17:42] | It’s way out of my risk parameters. | 超出我的风险参数了 |
[17:44] | Come in on it for three billion. | 你投三十亿进来 |
[17:46] | It’ll be a huge score. | 能大赚一笔 |
[17:47] | I can’t, Bobby. I deal with Nigeria all the time. | 不行 波比 我一直都跟尼日利亚做交易 |
[17:51] | Same with all the primes. | 所有的优级贷款 |
[17:52] | Their sovereign wealth fund. | 他们的主权财富基金 |
[17:55] | None of us can be seen taking down a government. | 咱们谁都不能击垮一个政府 |
[17:57] | Look, if it’s weak enough to go, it’s nobody’s fault. | 如果它本身就不堪一击的话 怪不得别人 |
[18:01] | All the same. What about levering up? | 那也不行 增加杠杆水平呢 |
[18:03] | No, if I go to the banks, | 不行 如果我去了银行 |
[18:04] | word will get out, they’ll crack my position. | 会走漏风声 他们会趁虚而入的 |
[18:06] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:08] | You need to go to others like you | 你需要找像你这样的 |
[18:10] | who are free to operate in the margins. | 保证金随便够用 |
[18:12] | Big players. Cash heavy. | 大玩家 资金雄厚 |
[18:14] | Krakow, Malverne, even Birch. | 克拉科夫 马尔文 甚至是博奇 |
[18:18] | His family office had a nice year. | 他的家族企业去年收益不错 |
[18:20] | This could really work for him. | 这个真的会吸引他 |
[18:21] | Yeah, I’m not sure they’ll come and play on my behalf. | 可我不确定他们能参与进来并站在我这边 |
[18:24] | I know about your histories. | 我知道你的故事 |
[18:26] | But if I tell them where the gold is, | 可是如果我告诉他们金子在哪儿 |
[18:28] | they’ll show up with their shovels. | 他们会带着铲子来的 |
[18:32] | Want a tie? | 要不要个领带 |
[18:33] | No, maybe next time. | 不要了 下次再说吧 |
[18:34] | I’ll be expecting to hear from you. | 我等着你的消息 |
[18:44] | It’s Wags. | 我是瓦格斯 |
[18:46] | Don’t be boring. | 别太无聊 |
[18:48] | Oh, come — Wags, where the fuck are you? | 天哪 瓦格斯 你他妈在哪呢 |
[18:58] | I almost blew it already. | 我差点搞砸了 |
[19:01] | Standing in the men’s room babbling to Michael Arendt. | 站在男厕对麦克·鄂兰喋喋不休 |
[19:04] | Partner Managing Director of Fixed Income. | 固定收益部的合伙人总经理 |
[19:07] | It was bad. | 特别糟糕 |
[19:12] | Mike, | 麦克 |
[19:16] | Mind giving me a little space here, Tom? | 给我点隐私好吗 汤姆 |
[19:18] | Yeah, sure. | 好的 |
[19:21] | Did you catch the Knicks game last night, Mike? | 你看昨天晚上尼克斯队的比赛了吗 |
[19:24] | There wasn’t a Knicks game last night. | 昨晚根本就没有尼克斯队的比赛 |
[19:25] | I-I mean Mets. | 我是想说大都会的比赛 |
[19:28] | We should catch a game sometime, | 我们有时间应该一起看场比赛 |
[19:30] | you know, talk about how we truss up the Treasury market | 聊聊我们是如何像绑感恩节火鸡一样 |
[19:32] | like it’s a Thanksgiving turkey. | 把国债市场五花大绑的 |
[19:36] | What the hell, man? | 搞什么鬼 |
[19:39] | I got a lot of work to do. | 我还有很多工作要做 |
[19:41] | See ya. | 回见 |
[19:47] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:50] | Here, give it to me. | 给我 |
[19:54] | Come on. | 拿来 |
[20:03] | Well, this has all been a lot for you. | 这些对你来说压力太大了 |
[20:07] | And I’m sorry we haven’t all had more success. | 很遗憾我们没能进一步取得成功 |
[20:23] | Should we go after him? | 我们要不要把他叫回来 |
[20:25] | Let it eat at him. | 让他作茧自缚吧 |
[20:28] | He’ll beg me to get this back. | 他会求我把这个东西再给他的 |
[20:37] | When the guys see me training to climb the Col du Tourmalet, | 如果有人看见我为攀登图玛列山训练 |
[20:41] | it’ll inspire them to great heights, too. | 这也会刺激他们勇攀高峰 |
[20:46] | I’ll skip the cooldown. | 我就不消汗休息了 |
[20:49] | No need. | 没关系 |
[20:50] | This’ll be quick, and then you can get back at it. | 只要一小会儿 你就可以继续锻炼了 |
[20:52] | Nope. You’re in here. | 不 你人已经在这儿了 |
[20:56] | Let’s be here. | 我们就开始了 |
[20:59] | Together. | 同时地 |
[21:02] | Well, I-I just want to know if you’ve heard from Wags. | 我只是想知道瓦格斯那儿有没有消息 |
[21:05] | No. | 没有 |
[21:06] | I had heard he’s M.I.A. | 我之前听说他失踪了 |
[21:08] | and that the guys here miss him, which surprised me. | 而这里的人都很想念他 我也是没有料到 |
[21:12] | What, that he’s off the grid or that they miss him? | 你是没料到他会藏起来 还是他们会想他 |
[21:14] | Anyone could see that he was driving | 任何人都看得出他开车直冲着墙去了 |
[21:19] | 美国著名赛车手 在戴通纳车赛上因撞上墙而丧生 | |
[21:19] | towards a wall like Dale Earnhardt at Daytona. | 就像德尔·俄恩哈德在戴通纳临死前狂飙一样 |
[21:19] | And what did you do to stop it? | 你怎么制止他的 |
[21:21] | No. No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[21:23] | If a crash is coming, I say you bring it. | 如果眼看着要撞上 要我说就上吧 |
[21:25] | It’s the only way to get to the other side. | 只有这样你才能穿过那面墙 |
[21:27] | If you survive. | 前提是你活下来 |
[21:28] | Look, you hired me to help you maximize results, | 你雇我是最大化成效 |
[21:33] | not to coddle the staff. | 不是关爱职员 |
[21:34] | He hired you. | 是他雇的你 |
[21:35] | I sort of rubber-stamped it. | 我只是同意了而已 |
[21:37] | And you listen to all of his suggestions? | 那你就听从他所有的意见吗 |
[21:43] | You said you were surprised that they missed him? | 你说你很惊讶他们居然会想他 |
[21:45] | Well, they talk about him | 他们谈论他 |
[21:46] | like they hate his fucking guts most of the time. | 总是说得像是恨他恨得咬牙切齿 |
[21:48] | That way they don’t hate me. | 这样他们才不会恨我 |
[21:51] | He’s willing to put himself in that spot. | 他甘愿唱白脸 |
[21:54] | So it’s his loyalty that matters to you. | 所以你在意的是他的忠诚 |
[21:58] | This isn’t about me. | 这跟我无关 |
[22:00] | You didn’t have to walk down here | 你没必要走下来 |
[22:02] | to see if I knew where Wags was, boyo. | 询问我是否知道瓦格斯在哪儿 哥们 |
[22:03] | You could’ve just called. | 你可以打个电话就好 |
[22:04] | You came in here because you want it to be about you. | 你亲自过来是因为你希望这事与你有关 |
[22:08] | Because you need it to be about you. | 因为你需要这事与你有关 |
[22:12] | And I am here for exactly that purpose. | 而我在此正是为了这个目的 |
[22:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[22:18] | Let me into that kitchen. | 告诉我一切 |
[22:21] | What specific role does Wags serve for you? | 瓦格斯具体为你做些什么 |
[22:24] | He’s my personal bullshit detector. | 他是我的私人扯谈检测器 |
[22:28] | And he makes me laugh. | 他还负责逗乐我 |
[22:29] | Well, I can fill that role. | 我可以填补这个空缺 |
[22:34] | You’ll be my bullshit detector? | 你要做我的扯谈检测器 |
[22:36] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[22:37] | Like a double shot of Skin Bracer across the chops. | 就像胸口上涂了两层皮肤兴奋剂 |
[22:42] | Well, let me do the same for you. | 让我也为你做相同的事 |
[22:45] | One — the only way you are ever getting in my kitchen | 第一 你唯一能进到我厨房的时候 |
[22:48] | is if my chef takes the weekend off. | 就是在我的主厨周末休息时 |
[22:51] | Two — I’d never trust anyone who’d undercut the man | 第二 我永远不会信任一个对雇主 |
[22:55] | who got him a job. | 釜底抽薪的人 |
[22:57] | Three — when the guys look in here | 第三 当别人看进这里 |
[22:59] | and see you training for the Tour de France in your underwear | 看到你为环法自行车赛穿着条内裤训练时 |
[23:03] | in Wendy Rhoades’ office, | 还是在温蒂·罗兹的办公室里 |
[23:06] | they’re not inspired. | 他们不会大受鼓舞 |
[23:08] | They’re just wondering | 他们只会奇怪 |
[23:10] | why the hell she isn’t here anymore. | 为什么她竟然不在这儿了 |
[23:28] | Tight pitch. | 细致的展示 |
[23:30] | Cool business. | 不错的生意 |
[23:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:33] | Why do you really want the money? | 你真正要钱的目的是什么 |
[23:37] | We need to outflank competitors now. | 我们需要立即挫败竞争对手 |
[23:40] | Grow our market share fast and fat | 迅速提升我们的市场份额 |
[23:41] | and chase them out of the fields. | 把其他人赶出局 |
[23:43] | We’re paying retail for the drugs. | 我们还付着零售价购进药品 |
[23:44] | We need to buy in bulk, increase our margins. | 我们需要批量进货 增加我们的利润空间 |
[23:47] | We see college campuses as our next frontier. | 我们把大学校园视作我们的下一个开拓领域 |
[23:50] | Hangover central, you know? | 醒酒中心 |
[23:52] | And since we can show that our product enhances performance, | 因为我们能证明我们的产品可以提高行动力 |
[23:55] | the fitness industry is logical, too. | 健身产业理论上也是可行的 |
[23:57] | I could put you guys in front of the money | 再经过几轮会议 |
[23:59] | for a round of meetings. | 就可以给你们投资了 |
[24:02] | They are going to lap you two up. | 他们对你们一定会很有兴趣的 |
[24:08] | Well, thank you for your time. | 谢谢你的时间 |
[24:10] | We’ll, um, be in touch to schedule. | 我们保持联系再约时间 |
[24:13] | Hey, anything for Lawrence Boyd. | 为劳伦斯·博伊德做什么都可以 |
[24:15] | It was a personal ask from him. | 这是他特地要求的 |
[24:16] | And anything for your husband. | 为你的丈夫做什么也都没问题 |
[24:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:33] | Bryan. | 布莱恩 |
[24:37] | – I’m sorry. Gimme a sec. – Okay. | -抱歉 失陪一下 -好的 |
[24:42] | I heard you were in here. | 我听说你在这儿 |
[24:44] | Is this Go club? | 这是围棋俱乐部 |
[24:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:47] | My night to host, and my apartment’s too small. | 轮到我坐庄 但我的公寓太小了 |
[24:52] | I tried you. | 我试图联系你 |
[24:53] | we put them in the basket | 我们在玩之前 |
[24:54] | before we play, because, you know… | 都把手机放篮子里 因为你知道的 |
[25:01] | Because Go players didn’t have cellphones in ancient times. | 因为围棋棋手在古时候没有手机 |
[25:04] | Okay. Got it. | 好吧 明白了 |
[25:07] | And do you take a vow of celibacy, as well? | 你也宣誓保持单身了吗 |
[25:10] | No, it’s just the end result. | 不 那只是最终后果而已 |
[25:15] | McKinnon just sent word. | 麦金农刚发来消息 |
[25:16] | He and his wife are having dinner | 他和他妻子要在明晚 |
[25:17] | with Boyd and his wife tomorrow night. | 和博伊德夫妻俩吃晚饭 |
[25:21] | That was quick. You were right. | 这么快 你说对了 |
[25:22] | Private table at Ai Fiori. | 在艾菲奥里餐厅订的包间 |
[25:24] | Cozy. | 还挺惬意 |
[25:25] | Coordinate with FBI to set up surveillance. | 和联调局合作准备好监视 |
[25:26] | We’re gonna be there. | 我们到时候会去 |
[25:28] | Yes, sir. | 是 老大 |
[25:29] | Oh, I almost forgot, | 我差点忘了 |
[25:31] | you better block that monkey jump at the bottom. | 你最好堵住在底下蹦跶的那股气 |
[26:01] | I don’t walk in the fucking door | 要不是劳伦斯·博伊德请我来 |
[26:02] | without it being Lawrence Boyd asking. | 我连这门都不会进 |
[26:05] | Why are we here? | 我们为什么来这儿 |
[26:06] | Hi. What can I get you? | 你好 需要点什么 |
[26:07] | Could you get them three lumberjacks, please? | 请给他们上三杯木工红酒 |
[26:09] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[26:12] | Nigeria is gonna devalue its currency. | 尼日利亚准备让他们的货币贬值 |
[26:16] | Get the hell out of here. | 不可能 |
[26:17] | How could you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[26:18] | Because we’re gonna make it happen. | 因为我们将保证这会发生 |
[26:20] | Jesus fuck. | 我去 |
[26:22] | I have all the research for you. | 所有的研究都为你们准备好了 |
[26:23] | Currency plays are all about timing. | 炒货币完全在于时机 |
[26:25] | You get in too late, there’s nothing there. | 你下手晚了 就什么也不剩了 |
[26:27] | But you get in too early, they raise interest rates | 但如果你下手太早 他们会提高利率 |
[26:30] | and bleed you out of your position. | 让你大出血 停都停不下来 |
[26:31] | Agreed. | 没错 |
[26:32] | Being early is the same as being wrong. | 下手太早就等于失败 |
[26:34] | That’s why I’m here. | 这就是我在这儿的原因 |
[26:35] | But if each of us take a monster position against the Naira, | 但如果我们每个人都用疯狂的仓位做空奈拉 |
[26:39] | we dictate the timing. | 我们就掌控了时机 |
[26:40] | I have traders | 就在我们说话这会 |
[26:41] | shorting it in Australasia as we speak, | 我在澳大拉西亚的交易员正在做空奈拉 |
[26:44] | and I have orders teed up all across Europe. | 并且我已经让全欧洲的交易员们做好了准备 |
[26:46] | I stand to make a huge kill on my own. | 我一定要亲手大捞一笔 |
[26:49] | So you just felt the urge to share? | 所以你只是等不及要跟我们分享这等好事吗 |
[26:52] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[26:53] | You don’t have enough ammo to do this on your own. | 你手上没有足够的资金去单干 |
[26:55] | You need us. | 需要集合我们的财力 |
[26:56] | We have calendars, too. | 最近的大事件我们也有所耳闻 |
[26:58] | You got wacked by Sansomic. | 桑硕美的事让你遭受重创 |
[27:00] | I bet this deal’s all that stands | 我敢打赌这笔交易能在这一季度 |
[27:02] | between mighty Axe Capital taking a down quarter. | 挽救伟大的阿克斯资本避免收益率下跌的季度 |
[27:04] | All we have to do is flush. | 我们只要静静看着高兴就是了 |
[27:07] | All right, you got me. | 好吧 你说对了 |
[27:11] | This deal only works if we’re all in it together. | 这笔交易只有我们大家共同携手才能成功 |
[27:15] | The threshold is five billion. | 需要的资金是五十亿 |
[27:17] | I’m in it for two. | 我出二十亿 |
[27:18] | That leaves one each for you three. | 你们三个一人出十亿 |
[27:21] | So, which is the more powerful driver — | 那么哪一样更有吸引力 |
[27:25] | boning me, | 让我完蛋 |
[27:26] | or your own self-interest? | 还是你们自身的利益 |
[27:30] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[27:32] | In. | 我加入 |
[27:35] | Yep. | 算我一个 |
[27:41] | This is Everett. | 这位是埃弗雷特 |
[27:43] | He’s gonna run you through the research. | 他会把整个研究向你们解释一遍 |
[27:45] | My treat. | 这顿算我的 |
[28:03] | Is mommy coming home to take us to school? | 妈妈会回来送我们去上学吗 |
[28:08] | No, sweetheart. | 不会 亲爱的 |
[28:09] | Remember, I told you. | 记得吗 我跟你说过 |
[28:11] | Mommy and daddy are spending some time apart for awhile. | 爸爸和妈妈会暂时分开一段时间 |
[28:13] | So, I’m home now, and mommy will be home tonight. | 所以现在我在家 晚上妈妈会在家 |
[28:20] | Mom doesn’t even want to come home. | 妈妈根本就不想回家 |
[28:22] | That is not true, Kevin. | 才没有 凯文 |
[28:29] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[28:31] | I don’t ever want to hear you say that again. | 我不希望再听到你说这样的话 |
[28:37] | It’s daddy’s fault | 爸爸和妈妈现在分开了 |
[28:39] | that mommy and daddy aren’t together right now. | 都是爸爸的错导致的 |
[28:46] | When you’re a kid your age, | 孩子 当在你这个年纪的时候 |
[28:48] | you think that your parents know everything. | 你觉得父母无所不知 |
[28:51] | But we don’t. We’re not perfect. | 但事实并非如此 我们不是完人 |
[28:53] | You know, we’re just two people | 我们只是两个凡人 |
[28:55] | trying and… often failing | 在不断地尝试和失败中 |
[29:00] | to figure out the best way to be. | 去找出最佳的相处之道 |
[29:04] | And I made some mistakes along the way. | 在这过程中 我犯了一些错 |
[29:07] | Mistakes that we’re all paying for. | 那是我们都需要为之付出代价的错误 |
[29:10] | So if you want to blame somebody, | 如果你要想怪罪一方 |
[29:12] | blame me, not your mother. | 尽管怪我 不要怪你母亲 |
[29:21] | European auto manufactures use a ton of zinc. | 欧洲汽车制造商们使用大量的[一吨]锌 |
[29:24] | Not a literal ton, | 不是真有一吨那么多 |
[29:25] | just a hyperbole for how much zinc can be found — | 只是夸张地说能找到多少锌 |
[29:28] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[29:29] | Not for you, Bobby. | 你可不怎么好 波比 |
[29:31] | Someone leaked. | 有人走漏了风声 |
[29:32] | The banks know, and they’ve made Nigeria aware. | 投行的人知道了 他们通知了尼日利亚方面 |
[29:34] | They’re fighting back. | 他们正发起反击 |
[29:35] | They’re gonna raise rates | 他们打算提高利率 |
[29:37] | and prop up their dog-shit currency? | 提振他们的垃圾货币吗 |
[29:38] | Looks like it. Thought you should know. | 看起来是这样的 我觉得该知会你一声 |
[29:55] | Bobby! | 波比 |
[29:56] | Birch! | 博奇 |
[29:57] | Naira’s fucked, huh? | 奈拉没戏了 对吗 |
[29:58] | But I don’t hear panic in your voice. | 可我在你的声音里听不出一丝惊慌 |
[30:00] | Come on. All the panic got shook out of me | 得了吧 我身上所有的恐慌情绪都在一年前 |
[30:01] | about a year ago when Chuck Rhoades came calling. | 查克·罗兹找上门来的时候耗光了 |
[30:03] | Yeah, I imagine it did. | 是啊 能想象得出 |
[30:05] | You know, for the longest time, I couldn’t synthesize it. | 在很长一段时间里 我参透不了个中缘由 |
[30:08] | How that story came out in the paper, | 那件事怎么会登报 |
[30:09] | how there was just enough in that article | 文章里的内容怎么会刚好达到 |
[30:11] | to bait the U.S. Attorney’s Office. | 引起联邦检察院注意的程度 |
[30:13] | Yeah, it was a bad beat, no doubt. | 是啊 毫无疑问 实在是太背了 |
[30:14] | Well, since then, I’ve had a lot of time | 从那之后 我花了很多时间 |
[30:15] | to just sit and think, | 坐下来思考 |
[30:18] | and slowly, it dawned — | 慢慢地我悟到了 |
[30:20] | If I lost, someone else must’ve gained. | 如果我倒下了 其他人肯定有利可图 |
[30:22] | So I ran a thousand simulations a day in my head. | 所以我每天在脑海里情景重演一千遍 |
[30:25] | And over and over again, Bobby, it came back the same. | 不断重复 波比 结论都是一样的 |
[30:28] | I was your stalking horse. | 你拿我来当掩护 |
[30:30] | You did the transaction. You left the opening. | 那笔交易是你做的 你留下了把柄 |
[30:33] | It’s funny. I was just about to say the same thing to you. | 真好笑 我正要说同样的话 |
[30:36] | You left me the opening. | 是你把把柄留给我的 |
[30:38] | You cost me my business. | 你害我丢了生意 |
[30:40] | Now you’re gonna throw me some deal as an apology? | 现在你打算给我点好处就当做道歉吗 |
[30:42] | No. | 没门 |
[30:44] | I’m not that easy. | 我没那么好糊弄 |
[30:46] | So instead of betting against the Naira, | 所以我没有做空奈拉 |
[30:48] | I went the other way. | 反而做多 |
[30:49] | And I let a few other folks know what was going down. | 并且把事情的来龙去脉告诉了几个朋友 |
[30:52] | Strong move. | 这步棋走得不错 |
[30:53] | Might have done the same in your spot. | 换做是我 可能也会这么做 |
[30:57] | I know you would’ve, Bobby. | 我知道你会的 波比 |
[31:10] | Deb! | 黛布 |
[31:13] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[31:14] | You found me Wags, yet? | 找到瓦格斯了吗 |
[31:15] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[31:16] | Just so we’re communicating, | 正好我们在说这事 |
[31:18] | you know I mean the guy who works across the hall, right? | 你知道我指的是办公室在走廊那头的家伙 对吗 |
[31:20] | Michael Wagner? Wags? | 迈克·瓦格纳 瓦格斯 |
[31:21] | Yeah. I’m sorry. | 我知道 抱歉 |
[31:23] | I’m trying. | 我正在努力联系他 |
[31:32] | I know my research was right. | 我知道我的研究是正确的 |
[31:35] | I also know it doesn’t matter now, | 我也知道现在一切无关紧要了 |
[31:37] | ’cause the game has changed. | 因为局势变了 |
[31:38] | How strong is Nigeria defending? | 尼日利亚当局的防范措施有多强 |
[31:40] | It’s their version of the Alamo. | 堪比《阿拉莫之战》 |
[31:40] | 得克萨斯独立战争期间的著名战役 人数占劣势的得州人民顽强抵抗死守13天 最终全军覆灭 | |
[31:42] | Krakow and Malverne are gonna be looking to pull out. | 克拉科夫和马尔文肯定想要退出 |
[31:45] | You should, too. | 你也该这么做 |
[31:46] | I don’t want my second day here | 我不希望在这里上班的第二天 |
[31:47] | ending with you personally exposed five billion. | 就以让你个人遭受五十亿损失而告终 |
[31:50] | Okay, let’s say I manage to keep it together. | 好吧 假如我能设法让这件事继续进行下去 |
[31:53] | Then you’re looking at a global cockfight. | 那你就像是参加一场全球斗鸡比赛 |
[31:55] | And you’re gonna need people betting on your bird. | 你需要有人把注下在你的鸡上 |
[31:58] | I’m gonna need to get word out wide. | 我得广泛树立口碑 |
[31:59] | Yeah, can’t just be you. | 对 但这话不能出自你口 |
[32:01] | It’s gonna have to be somebody vaunted, | 得让别人来夸耀你 |
[32:02] | an economist — somebody objective, | 最好是一名拥有客观见解 |
[32:05] | trusted. | 让人信服的经济学家 |
[32:06] | That’ll say they have to devalue. | 让这人来说奈拉必须贬值 |
[32:08] | Someone like Lawrence Boyd? | 一个身份类似劳伦斯·博伊德的人 |
[32:11] | Right. | 没错 |
[32:12] | Yeah, that’ll do it. | 这样一来事情应该能成 |
[32:18] | I don’t want you to worry about being too tough on me. | 我希望你不要担心对我下手太重 |
[32:20] | All right? | 好吗 |
[32:30] | Posture up, posture up. | 直身 直身 |
[32:39] | I’m sorry, but is that a Swiss accent? | 冒昧问一下 你是瑞士口音吗 |
[32:42] | Stop it. No one guesses correctly. | 别猜了 没人猜得对 |
[32:44] | Most people just assume I’m German. | 大多数人都以为我是德国人 |
[32:46] | Oh, most people didn’t spend the summer | 那是因为大多数人都没在 |
[32:48] | in Zurich during law school. | 上法学院期间在苏黎世过夏天 |
[32:51] | That explains the suit. | 怪不得穿这身西装 |
[32:52] | You’re a lawyer. | 你是律师 |
[32:54] | She said with an undertone of derision. | 她嘲笑着低语 |
[32:58] | And what do you do that’s so amazing? | 请问你在何处高就呢 |
[33:00] | At the moment, you could call me a sculptor. | 此时此刻的话 你可以叫我雕刻家 |
[33:05] | Well, I’d like to see your work. | 我很想看看你的作品 |
[33:08] | One day I’ll show you. | 有机会我让你看看 |
[33:12] | Yes. | 好的 |
[33:14] | Axe, I didn’t walk into that diner | 阿克斯 我走进那家餐厅 |
[33:16] | so that I could lose a billion bucks. | 可不是为了损失十亿美元的 |
[33:19] | You want out? | 你想退出吗 |
[33:20] | I’ll take on your positions. | 你那份我要了 |
[33:21] | Right now. | 现在就买 |
[33:22] | I already bought up what was supposed to be Birch’s. | 我已经把本该属于博奇的那一份全买了 |
[33:25] | Now I’ll buy up both of you. | 我要把你们俩的也都买了 |
[33:26] | You just say the word. | 你们只要说句话就行 |
[33:28] | You’d be risking half your net worth for the one play? | 就为了这一仗你要拿一半的净资产冒险 |
[33:31] | That’s insane. | 你疯了吧 |
[33:32] | I am dug the fuck in. | 我他妈的要坚持到底 |
[33:34] | No third-world nation hinged on a dying industry | 没有哪个靠着夕阳产业和通胀货币的 |
[33:38] | and a propped-up currency is gonna ride me out of my position. | 第三世界的国家能让我放弃我的仓位 |
[33:41] | I will drive them into the goddamn ground. | 我一定会把他们击垮的 |
[33:44] | Without Birch. Without either of you. | 就算没有博奇 就算没有你们俩 |
[33:50] | The intensity. | 这么激烈 |
[33:53] | I actually believe you. | 我相信你 |
[33:56] | So? | 然后呢 |
[33:59] | Fuck it. I’m sticking. | 去他妈的 我继续 |
[34:02] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[34:06] | But, Axe, if this is some move, some game you’re playing, | 但是 阿克斯 如果这是你搞的什么把戏 |
[34:11] | we’ll hunt you in a pack | 我们绝对会把你套袋子里 |
[34:12] | until we’re gnawing on your fucking bones. | 把你啃得只剩骨头 |
[34:27] | Hello, Mr. Allerd. | 阿尔罗德先生 你好 |
[34:30] | Here? | 就在这吗 |
[34:31] | None of them come here, believe me. | 他们没人会来这的 相信我 |
[34:35] | Lay out what you have. | 说说你都查到了什么 |
[34:36] | The office is a fiefdom run on fear, | 整个办公室就是一块封地 |
[34:40] | ambition, and advancement. | 靠恐惧 野心和晋升来运转 |
[34:43] | Probably why it’s been so effective. | 可能这就是它效率如此高的原因 |
[34:46] | Loyalties are fading. | 忠诚度在逐渐消退 |
[34:48] | Cracks starting to show. | 裂痕开始显现 |
[34:51] | I’ve interviewed almost everyone but Rhoades at this point. | 现在除了罗兹 我几乎已经跟所有人都谈过 |
[34:54] | I’ll get to him last. | 我最后跟他谈 |
[34:55] | This has been… | 这个案子… |
[34:58] | It’s been a fascinating one. | 这个案子一直特别吸引人 |
[35:00] | There are those who are weak but don’t have it, | 那些弱者没有线索 |
[35:02] | and those who have it but are strong. | 而有线索的人却是强者 |
[35:06] | I’ve isolated the one who has it | 我已经把有线索并且愿意提供线索的人 |
[35:08] | and will give it — Watley. | 找出来了 叫沃特利 |
[35:12] | He’s been running an avoidance play, | 他一直在采取回避策略 |
[35:13] | but that’s at its end. | 但是没有什么好回避的了 |
[35:17] | I’ll push for a suspension | 我会力图给他停职 |
[35:19] | if that’s what it takes to sit him down. | 如果这能让他坐下配合的话 |
[35:22] | There’s plenty of support out there. | 外界给了许多支持 |
[35:25] | The AG wants this, and soon. | 而且总检察长想要尽快拿下这个案子 |
[35:29] | You’ll have it. | 你会拿下的 |
[35:32] | I will if you say I will. | 你说我能我就能 |
[35:35] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[35:37] | Something I learned when I was working under Mondale — | 我在蒙代尔手下工作的时候学会了一点 |
[35:41] | take a little piece of yourself, tuck it away in the basement. | 把你自己分出一小块来 藏在地下室里 |
[35:45] | You can give the rest to the job, | 其余的部分拿去工作 |
[35:48] | but keep a small piece. | 但是保留一小部分 |
[35:52] | I speak from experience. | 这是我的经验 |
[35:56] | Noted. | 记住了 |
[36:13] | I find myself thinking in your words sometimes. | 我有时候突然意识到自己在思考你说的话 |
[36:15] | The two that just came to me are “Shit hole.” | 我能想到的两个字就是”屎坑” |
[36:18] | Sandicot. | 桑迪科特 |
[36:20] | If they don’t get the casino, | 如果他们得不到赌场的话 |
[36:21] | then we have to pass on it. | 我们必须放弃投资 |
[36:23] | Even if all that urban revitalization bullshit comes into effect? | 即便那套城市复兴的狗屁政策开始实施吗 |
[36:26] | That’ll make incremental change, | 那只会是渐进式的改变 |
[36:27] | but not fast enough and not big enough. | 但速度既不快 量也不够大 |
[36:29] | Without that casino, it goes from something to consider | 没有赌场的话 就会从需要考虑的事情 |
[36:31] | to something to never think about again. | 变成再也不用考虑的事情了 |
[36:33] | I see that. | 我明白了 |
[36:34] | Fuck. | 他妈的 |
[36:41] | I’m gonna carpet-bomb you guys with so much fucking food, | 我要用这些吃的对你们进行地毯式轰炸 |
[36:43] | you’ll be reeling. | 你们会走不动路的 |
[36:44] | Thanks, David. | 谢谢 大卫 |
[36:46] | Don’t thank me. | 不用谢我 |
[36:46] | Just be there for us when Fugu goes public. | 河豚上市的时候帮帮我们就好 |
[36:48] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[36:52] | I know when someone’s working me. | 要是有人要公关我的话我能感觉到 |
[36:55] | What’s your play here? | 你有什么打算 |
[36:57] | The bond. | 债券 |
[36:58] | If your casino is going to the town I need it to. | 如果你的赌场能建在我需要的地方 |
[37:01] | And because we’re friends, | 既然我们是朋友 |
[37:03] | I’m gonna come across with that info? | 我该给你透露消息吧 |
[37:05] | I was hoping. | 我可盼着呢 |
[37:07] | A ’69 Dodge Challenger. | 1969年的道奇挑战者 |
[37:09] | The one I outbid you for at Barrett Jackson last summer? | 去年夏天在巴雷特-杰克逊我出价比你高那辆 |
[37:16] | It’s parked outside. Here. | 就停在外面 给你 |
[37:23] | The car | 给我这车 |
[37:24] | is a cute gesture. | 姿态不错 |
[37:28] | And I’ll take it. | 我收下了 |
[37:31] | But it alone, | 但是单凭这个 |
[37:33] | it’s not getting you what you want. | 你是不会得到你想要的 |
[37:36] | My casino’s gonna make that town, so… | 我的赌场会成就那里 所以 |
[37:40] | I’m your partner on the muni-play. | 我要做你市政债券的合伙人 |
[37:44] | On a no-risk basis to me. | 我要无风险保底 |
[37:47] | 5% off the books. | 收入的5% |
[37:50] | Done. | 成交 |
[37:52] | I just need to know where. | 我只想知道地点 |
[37:54] | Sandicot. | 桑迪科特 |
[37:56] | Still waiting on the official decision to come out of committee, | 还在等委员会做出官方决定 |
[37:59] | but they gave me the high sign, | 但是他们已经给我暗示了 |
[38:03] | so I know it’s a done deal. | 我知道这事定了 |
[38:06] | You casino guys are all old-line crooks. | 你赌场的那些家伙都是老牌恶棍了吧 |
[38:09] | At least we wear it with pride. | 至少我们引以为豪啊 |
[38:12] | Move forward with the bond. | 市政债券的事往前推进 |
[38:14] | The casino is coming to Sandicot. | 赌场要建到桑迪科特 |
[38:16] | I’m sure now. | 我现在确定了 |
[38:18] | We are committing to this play. | 这一票我们干定了 |
[38:25] | You have to tell me how it is. | 你得告诉我怎么回事 |
[38:27] | You want a bite? | 你要吃一口吗 |
[38:28] | Well, one bite would be like drowning in a puddle. | 吃一口就会像淹死在小水洼里 |
[38:31] | I’m sure the kitchen would do one up for you. | 我相信厨房会给你做一整个的 |
[38:34] | Well, he’s eating clean. | 他要健康饮食 |
[38:36] | McKinnon’s coming up. | 麦金农来了 |
[38:43] | Right. You feeling ready, Tom? | 你准备好了吗 汤姆 |
[38:45] | Yeah, yeah, I’m good. | 当然 准备好了 |
[38:48] | Probably should get back down to the bar. | 我可能该回吧台那边了 |
[38:49] | They’re about to seat us. | 他们快给我们安排座位了 |
[38:51] | We only get one shot at this. | 我们只有一次机会 |
[38:54] | Now, remember — any chance you get | 记住 必须抓住每一个 |
[38:56] | to have a private conversation with Boyd, take it. | 跟博伊德单独谈话的机会 |
[38:59] | Express concerns about the bid rigging. | 表达出对操纵投标的担心 |
[39:01] | Make it clear that you know it’s going on, | 说清楚你知道有那事 |
[39:03] | and you’re worried that Mike Arendt | 你担心麦克·鄂兰 |
[39:04] | is bringing heat on the firm. | 会给公司带来麻烦 |
[39:07] | That should be enough to get him to calm your fears. | 这应该足够让他来安慰你了 |
[39:09] | I might go across the table at that motherfucker. | 我可能会出手打那个混蛋 |
[39:12] | Steady, Tom. | 冷静点 汤姆 |
[39:14] | This’ll hurt him a lot worse | 这么办可比打他一巴掌 |
[39:16] | and a lot longer than a punch in the mouth. | 能让他更受伤 痛苦更久 |
[39:20] | Use it well. | 好好用这个 |
[39:25] | How’s the feed? | 信号怎么样 |
[39:26] | – Good to go. – Okay. | -可以了 -好的 |
[39:37] | Forty-five dollars for a tuna sandwich. | 一个金枪鱼三明治要45美元 |
[39:40] | Somebody bring the drinks. | 给我们上一下酒 |
[39:41] | Two at the bar. That’s his third. | 他在吧台喝了两杯 这是第三杯了 |
[39:45] | It’s lemony. | 是柠檬味的 |
[39:46] | It’s an island. Everything has to be brought on by boat. | 那是个岛 什么都得靠船运来 |
[39:49] | I know Mustique is an island. | 我知道马斯蒂克是个岛 |
[39:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:52] | So what’d you do, Larry? | 那你是怎么做的 拉里 |
[39:53] | I said, “What do you charge for the lemons? | 我说 为什么收柠檬的钱 |
[39:55] | I’ll squeeze them myself. | 我自己会挤 |
[39:56] | Either that, or I’ll fly in a load of gold bullion.” | 要么这样 不然我都能用钞票洗澡了 |
[39:59] | Larry, Larry, don’t — don’t cry poor. | 拉里 拉里 少来 别哭穷了 |
[40:02] | How much you take in this year so far? | 今年你都赚多少了 |
[40:04] | Come on. Tell us. | 拜托 告诉我们 |
[40:05] | Twenty-three, $24 million? | 2300或者2400万吧 |
[40:07] | Maybe you’ve had enough, huh, Tom? | 你可能喝多了 汤姆 |
[40:09] | Can we get Tom a cup of black coffee, please? | 请给汤姆来杯黑咖啡 |
[40:13] | I don’t want a cup of fucking coffee. | 我他妈才不要咖啡呢 |
[40:15] | He’s drunk. We should pull him. | 他醉了 我们得叫他收手 |
[40:16] | We’ve got an agent posing as a waiter. | 我们有个扮成服务员的特工 |
[40:18] | We can pull him right now with minimal damage. | 现在就能让他收手把损失降至最低 |
[40:20] | We’ll hold. | 我们按兵不动 |
[40:24] | With Thai massage, you’re wearing clothes. | 泰式按摩时 你是穿着衣服的 |
[40:27] | What’s the fun in that? | 那有什么意思 |
[40:30] | Exactly. | 就是 |
[40:32] | Larry. Larry, you fuck. | 拉里 拉里 你这个混蛋 |
[40:37] | It’s probably going to stain that. | 它可能会染色 |
[40:38] | Uh, bad to fucking worse. | 越来越糟了 |
[40:40] | Honey, take her to the ladies’. | 亲爱的 带她去洗手间吧 |
[40:42] | Yeah, why don’t you freshen up? | 是啊 你也提提神吧 |
[40:46] | Tom, get your shit together. You’re embarrassing yourself. | 汤姆 清醒点 你让自己出丑了 |
[40:51] | You think I don’t know what’s going on here? | 你以为我不知道这是怎么回事吗 |
[40:57] | What’s that, Tom? | 怎么回事 汤姆 |
[41:06] | Arendt is putting us all in danger. | 鄂兰让我们处于危险之中了 |
[41:08] | The Treasury bonds — | 国库券… |
[41:09] | He’s gonna send us all to prison. | 他会让我们都坐牢的 |
[41:12] | The ten-years. | 你是说十年期的国债 |
[41:15] | That’s what this is about. | 原来是因为这个 |
[41:17] | Mike’s putting the band back together again, | 麦克正在重新组织投行 |
[41:19] | just like I told him to. | 就像我让他做的那样 |
[41:21] | Fuck, you told him to? | 操 是你让他做的 |
[41:25] | I thought he was free-balling. | 我以为他在胡闹 |
[41:26] | Conditions are right to get going again. | 现在情况有变 |
[41:29] | We’ll tail the shit out of the auction. | 我们得熬过拍卖 |
[41:30] | The fucking Feds can spare the 15 bips. | 等该死的联调局的风声过去 |
[41:33] | Then we can talk about the 26-weeks. | 然后我们再谈26周国债的事 |
[41:35] | We have to get some volume going now. | 我们现在得有一些成交量 |
[41:38] | So relax. | 所以放松点 |
[41:41] | That’ll do it. | 这样就行了 |
[41:48] | When I started here, | 当我开始在这工作的时候 |
[41:51] | I made a promise to you, | 我向你许下了承诺 |
[41:53] | and you to me. | 同样你也给了我承诺 |
[41:55] | And we’ve kept that promise no matter what. | 我们无论如何一直都信守着那个承诺 |
[41:59] | Thing is, it’s not your turn to speak. | 问题是 现在轮不到你说话 |
[42:01] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[42:02] | Because while you have been out there learning the Yaqui Way | 因为当你在外边学雅基人那套的时候 |
[42:04] | or how run like the Tarahumara, | 或是学着像塔拉乌马拉人那样奔跑时 |
[42:06] | I have been here fighting the battle | 我他妈在这 |
[42:08] | of fucking Thermopylae! | 打着温泉关战役 |
[42:10] | I was in sessions with Wendy, doing deep work. | 我跟温蒂在一起 进行深度治疗 |
[42:15] | Well, that I do want to hear about. | 这样啊 这是我想听到的 |
[42:19] | Best I can put it together… | 我只能做到这样了 |
[42:33] | Wags, wake up. Get up. | 瓦格斯 醒醒 起来 |
[42:36] | Oh, baby, no! | 宝贝 不要 |
[42:38] | No, not baby. It’s Wendy. | 不 我不是宝贝 我是温蒂 |
[42:39] | Get up! | 起来 |
[42:45] | Why? | 为什么 |
[42:46] | Because you begged me for an appointment, | 因为你求着我给你预约时间 |
[42:49] | and then you didn’t show up. | 然后你竟然没来 |
[42:53] | Oh, you’re still here. | 你还在这里 |
[42:55] | No, I’m not. | 不是 |
[42:57] | I’m here, but not like that. | 我在这里 不过不是你想的那样 |
[43:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:01] | Mr. Wagner, I can come back at 11:30 | 瓦格纳先生 我可以11:30 |
[43:03] | or two or after five. | 或者2点或者5点后再来 |
[43:04] | She has a key? | 她有钥匙 |
[43:06] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[43:07] | You have a goddamned I.V. Stand living in your hotel room. | 你在酒店房间里还有个点滴架呢 |
[43:11] | Turns out you have the day off. | 你今天不用上班了 |
[43:13] | With pay. | 会付你钱的 |
[43:18] | This is your third divorce, | 这是你的第三次离婚 |
[43:20] | but your first ass tattoo. | 但是第一次在屁股上纹身 |
[43:22] | Any ideas? | 你有什么想法吗 |
[43:24] | My idea was the drinking, women, and drugs in perfect balance. | 我认为自己喝酒玩女人和嗑药保持了完美的平衡 |
[43:28] | An infinite Zen garden. | 就像一个无穷的禅境 |
[43:31] | Simplicity, harmony between the elements, purity, | 简单 和谐与纯净 |
[43:35] | that’s what makes it a Zen garden. | 这些才能叫做禅境 |
[43:37] | I think you’re confusing it with the AVN Awards. | 我觉得你可能把它跟成人奥斯卡奖搞混了 |
[43:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:42] | Couple ways this can go — | 有几种治疗方法 |
[43:44] | We do, like, intense psychotherapy | 我们进行密集的心理治疗 |
[43:46] | for two years, five days a week, | 用两年时间 每周五天 |
[43:49] | break down your walls, | 打破你内心的防线 |
[43:50] | push past your rationalizations and defenses. | 绕过你的理性与防卫 |
[43:53] | Or you can tell me what the fuck is going on. | 要么你告诉我这他妈是怎么回事 |
[43:57] | How? | 怎么告诉你 |
[43:58] | Isn’t the point of analysis that we don’t know? | 那不正是我们不清楚的地方吗 |
[44:00] | Which is why I’m not in that racket. | 所以我不会那么做 |
[44:01] | We don’t have that kind of fucking time. | 我们没那个时间 |
[44:03] | Not anymore. | 不再有了 |
[44:05] | Fucking right we don’t. | 真他妈对 |
[44:06] | I got a goddamned I.V. stand living in my hotel room. | 我酒店房间里有个点滴架 |
[44:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[44:13] | Now, whatever caused this didn’t make you retreat. | 导致这个发生的事并没有让你退缩 |
[44:16] | You didn’t become depressive. You chose distraction. | 你没有抑郁 你选择了分散注意 |
[44:19] | I’m sad, lonely. | 我很伤心 孤独 |
[44:21] | Give me an immediate answer. | 马上给我个答案 |
[44:22] | I mean, it doesn’t have to be right, just — just blurt it. | 不需要是对的 脱口而出就行 |
[44:24] | When did this feeling first land? | 你什么时候第一次有这种感觉 |
[44:27] | I was in the bathroom. | 我在厕所 |
[44:30] | I was in this club on the Lower East Side. | 在下东区的一家夜店 |
[44:32] | I just overpaid | 我高价买了 |
[44:33] | for what were supposed to be actual quaaludes. | 其实是安眠酮的东西 |
[44:36] | What were you doing on the Lower East Side? | 你在那干什么呢 |
[44:38] | Drinking with this prick I worked with years ago. | 跟我几年前的混蛋同事喝酒 |
[44:41] | God, I hated that prick. | 我真恨那家伙 |
[44:43] | I hated him when we worked together. | 我们一起工作时我就恨他 |
[44:45] | I hated him even more that night. | 那晚我更恨他了 |
[44:47] | Why did you agree to drink with a guy you hate? | 你为什么会跟你恨的人喝酒呢 |
[44:49] | I drink with pricks I hate all the time. | 我总是跟我恨的人喝酒 |
[44:51] | It’s the job. | 这就是我的工作 |
[44:52] | It’s the ones who aren’t that stand out like giants. | 不这样的都是厉害的人 |
[44:58] | Holy shit. | 我去 |
[45:01] | Holy shit. Phil. | 日了狗了 菲尔 |
[45:04] | I can’t believe I missed this. | 不敢相信我错过了这个 |
[45:06] | Phil? | 菲尔 |
[45:08] | Phillip Carroll. | 菲利普·卡罗尔 |
[45:09] | Another prick? | 另一个混蛋 |
[45:10] | No. | 不是 |
[45:12] | No, the opposite. | 相反 |
[45:14] | Guy was my mentor. | 他是我的导师 |
[45:16] | Back when I started at Lehman. | 我还在莱曼的时候 |
[45:19] | He was the Wilt fucking Chamberlain of Wall Street. | 他可是华尔街的威尔特·张伯伦 |
[45:22] | Paid for the whole group’s vacations when he killed it. | 赚了的时候就给全队度假买单 |
[45:25] | Didn’t even close his door when he got crushed. | 失意时也不会闭门不见人 |
[45:28] | I saw him on the street. | 我在街上看到他 |
[45:29] | Hey, Phil! | 菲尔 |
[45:30] | He looked at me, and I waved. | 他看着我 我招手 |
[45:35] | He walked right past me. | 他就这么走了过去 |
[45:36] | Fucking DK’d me like I was a ghost. | 好像我他妈是个鬼魂一样 |
[45:44] | Turns out, he has early-onset Alzheimer’s. | 原来他患上了早发性阿兹海默症 |
[45:50] | Can’t even go out by himself now. | 现在都不能独自出门了 |
[45:55] | His wife left him. His kids don’t come around. | 他的妻子离开了他 他的孩子也不来看望 |
[45:58] | It was… fucked. | 真他妈操蛋 |
[46:03] | He was there, but he wasn’t there… | 他在那 但灵魂却不在那 |
[46:07] | a carcass with no further purpose. | 只是一个失去目标的躯壳 |
[46:12] | What you saw would have brought up issues of mortality | 你所见的会使任何人联想起死亡 |
[46:16] | and diminished utility for anyone. | 和逐渐失去的功能 |
[46:18] | You saw your hero, | 你看到你的英雄 |
[46:21] | a man you deemed better than you, laid low. | 一个你认为比你强的人 变成这样 |
[46:25] | That’s empathy. | 这是同情 |
[46:28] | Why did his plight cut you so deep? | 为何他的困境会让你如此痛心 |
[46:30] | What made you so vulnerable to this idea of fading away? | 为何这种逐渐消亡的想法会令你如此脆弱 |
[46:35] | Axe hired a fucking Chief of Staff. | 阿克斯请了个首席顾问 |
[46:38] | Her name is Steph Reed. | 她叫斯特·里德 |
[46:45] | So now he doesn’t need you anymore. | 所以他现在不再需要你了 |
[46:50] | And if he doesn’t need you anymore, | 如果他不需要你 |
[46:54] | no one does. | 也就没人需要你了 |
[46:57] | You have outlived your utility. | 你就失去了你的功能 |
[47:00] | There is nothing left for you to do but die. | 除了去死没别的事做了 |
[47:09] | But you’re not dead. | 但你还没死 |
[47:12] | Which means it is time to pivot. | 这就是说是时候翻转了 |
[47:16] | To evolve into what it is you’ll become next. | 进化成你要成为的下一个样子 |
[47:24] | Wendy reassembled me, piece by piece, | 温蒂重新组装了我 一片一片 |
[47:29] | on that bench. | 在长椅上 |
[47:30] | That’s what she does. | 这就是她擅长的 |
[47:33] | And I decided I had to give you the chance | 我决定要给你机会 |
[47:35] | to make the change here you need to. | 来做出你需要的改变 |
[47:37] | To modernize. Optimize. | 现代化 最优化 |
[47:42] | To put this old horse out to pasture. | 把这匹老马放回牧场 |
[47:46] | Yeah, well, I’m sorry about Phil, | 菲尔的事我很抱歉 |
[47:50] | but this place doesn’t fucking run without you. | 但这里没你不行 |
[47:53] | I do need you. | 我需要你 |
[47:55] | Especially since I just let Steph Reed go. | 特别是我刚让斯特·里德走人了 |
[47:59] | You did? | 你这么做了 |
[48:02] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[48:03] | I’m not human. I am a machine. | 我不是人 我是机器 |
[48:06] | I’m a fucking Terminator. | 我他妈是个终结者 |
[48:11] | So, your resignation is rejected. | 所以 你的辞呈被拒了 |
[48:13] | Get some coffee. | 弄点咖啡 |
[48:15] | We are barely hanging on here. | 我们快撑不住了 |
[48:17] | I just pulled the trigger on the muni-bond in Sandicot, | 我刚开始了桑迪科特市政债券的动作 |
[48:20] | and I got one move left to get us | 我还剩下一步棋 |
[48:22] | into the black for this quarter. | 来让我们这个季度能够盈利 |
[48:31] | Coffee! | 咖啡 |
[48:33] | Hey, Jeff. | 杰夫 |
[48:35] | You never finished your story. | 你从未说完你的故事 |
[48:37] | What trap did you and your father use | 你和你父亲用了什么陷阱 |
[48:39] | to finally get that wolf? | 最终抓到了那只狼 |
[48:42] | Yeah, it was, uh, time, Sacker. | 是 时间 塞克 |
[48:46] | We stayed in the same location all day. | 我们整天待在同一个地方 |
[48:50] | The trap was time. | 陷阱就是时间 |
[49:02] | Late night? | 深夜 |
[49:04] | Yeah. And I’m on the move. | 对 我要行动了 |
[49:07] | Got television in the city in a couple hours. | 几个小时后要去城里接受电视采访 |
[49:09] | On your way in, | 你到的时候 |
[49:11] | give Lawrence Boyd a call for me. | 帮我给劳伦斯·博伊德打个电话 |
[49:12] | I’ll be with him. What’s up? | 我会和他一起 怎么了 |
[49:15] | Tell him the woman he set me up with wasted my fucking time. | 告诉他让我见的那女人他妈的是浪费我时间 |
[49:18] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[49:20] | It was a bullshit meeting. | 糟糕透顶的会面 |
[49:22] | You’re a businesswoman, right? | 你是个生意人 对吧 |
[49:24] | That’s how you went in there? | 你是这样进去的吧 |
[49:25] | Damn right. | 没错 |
[49:26] | Well, then, was the woman discourteous? | 那个女人不礼貌吗 |
[49:28] | Was she rude? | 粗鲁吗 |
[49:29] | No. It wasn’t — | 不 不是 |
[49:33] | She treated me like I was just the wife, | 她对待我好像我只是你的妻子 |
[49:36] | like my business wasn’t ready. | 好像我还没准备好 |
[49:38] | I tried to tell you. | 我试着告诉你 |
[49:39] | Yeah, you weren’t ready, | 没错 你还没准备好 |
[49:41] | but you wouldn’t hear it from me. | 但你不听我的 |
[49:42] | You put me in touch with Spartan-Ives. | 是你让我跟斯巴坦-艾弗斯接触的 |
[49:44] | – You said to go ahead. – Don’t. Don’t. | -你说去吧 -别 别 |
[49:47] | I don’t have time to have this conversation | 我没时间以你需要的方式 |
[49:48] | the way you need me to. | 跟你谈这个 |
[49:49] | You weren’t ready. | 你还没准备好 |
[49:50] | Leave it there. | 别管了 |
[49:51] | Why the fuck not? | 我哪里没准备好了 |
[49:55] | What is it that you do that you’re the best in the world at? | 你干过最成功的买卖是什么 |
[49:58] | You offer a service you didn’t invent, | 你提供的服务不是自己构想的 |
[50:01] | a formula you didn’t invent, | 配方不是你创制的 |
[50:02] | a delivery method you didn’t invent. | 交付方式不是你开拓的 |
[50:04] | Nothing about what you do | 时至今日你的作为 |
[50:06] | is patentable or a unique user experience. | 没有一样是独创的 |
[50:09] | You haven’t identified an isolated market segment, | 你没确定好自己的细分市场 |
[50:12] | haven’t truly branded your concept. | 没有真正的品牌概念 |
[50:14] | You need me to go on? | 还要我继续说吗 |
[50:15] | So, why would an investment bank put serious money into it? | 投资银行凭什么把真金白银给你呢 |
[50:18] | I all but told you ahead of time, | 我跟你说过了 |
[50:20] | but you wouldn’t listen. | 但你不听 |
[50:21] | Now you’ve heard it, but it’s too late. | 现在你听了 可也晚了 |
[50:24] | You weren’t ready. | 你就是还没准备好 |
[50:29] | Now, I gotta go into New York | 我要去纽约 |
[50:31] | to try and save my fucking quarter. | 拯救我这一季度了 |
[50:43] | Mr. Axelrod, I’ll be in to get you | 阿克斯罗德先生 开播前两分钟 |
[50:44] | in two minutes to go on the air. | 我会过来叫您 |
[50:45] | Thank you. And thank you, Larry. | 谢谢 也谢谢你 拉里 |
[50:49] | You locked in on how you want to do it? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[50:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[50:53] | When I follow you on, I’ll back whatever you said. | 我上场以后 会支持你的任何言论 |
[51:03] | Former teaching assistant of mine | 我以前有个助教 |
[51:05] | clerks for a federal judge now. | 现在是联邦法官的手下 |
[51:08] | She just told me that her judge | 她告诉我她们法官 |
[51:09] | signed an arrest warrant for Lawrence Boyd. | 刚刚签署了劳伦斯·博伊德的逮捕令 |
[51:14] | They are coming for him. | 正在去抓他的路上 |
[51:18] | He’ll be in cuffs within the hour. | 一小时内他就会被捕 |
[51:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:27] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[51:31] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[51:41] | Go get ’em. | 搞定他们 |
[51:46] | I will. | 我会的 |
[52:00] | Axe. | 阿克斯 |
[52:01] | Let’s do dinner again soon with Savannah and Mike. | 叫上萨凡纳和麦克 我们再约顿饭 |
[52:05] | When we’re on, I have to get into all the action | 直播时 在尼日利亚局势上 |
[52:08] | against you on the Nigerian play. | 我会站在你的对立面 |
[52:12] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[52:14] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[52:17] | Will you ask me about my bracelet? | 你可以问起我的手链吗 |
[52:20] | Fun way in. | 这个插入点不错 |
[52:21] | We’re pleased to welcome Bobby Axelrod, | 我们很高兴能请到波比·阿克斯罗德 |
[52:24] | the principal and founder of Axe Capital. | 阿克斯资本的创始人兼总裁 |
[52:26] | Bobby, it’s a pleasure to have you here. | 波比 欢迎你来到演播室 |
[52:27] | It’s a pleasure to be here, Sam. | 很高兴能来 萨姆 |
[52:28] | Before we get started, I have to ask — | 在开始之前 我不得不问一下 |
[52:30] | You’re wearing a very unique bracelet. | 你戴着一个很独特的手链 |
[52:32] | What’s the significance? | 它的意义何在 |
[52:34] | Oh, this? | 这个吗 |
[52:35] | I wear this Yoruba bracelet in solidarity | 我戴的是约鲁巴人手链 |
[52:38] | with the people of Nigeria. | 与尼日利亚人民团结一致 |
[52:40] | I have seen the hope and purpose these people have, | 我看到了他们的希望与决心 |
[52:43] | and today I’m worried for them, Sam. | 而现在我很担忧他们 萨姆 |
[52:45] | Their economy is on the verge of collapse. | 他们的经济濒于崩溃 |
[52:47] | Their oil reserves are severely overvalued. | 石油储量被严重高估 |
[52:51] | In short, their currency is in jeopardy. | 总之 他们的货币形势极其严峻 |
[53:03] | And so, yes, there is no doubt in my mind | 是的 我认为我的好朋友 |
[53:06] | that my good friend, Bobby Axelrod, | 波比·阿克斯罗德所说 |
[53:09] | has this one right. | 无疑是正确的 |
[53:11] | The Nigerian currency, the Naira, | 尼日利亚货币 即奈拉 |
[53:13] | is facing certain devaluation. | 势必面临贬值 |
[53:15] | It’s their only choice, | 这是他们唯一的选择 |
[53:17] | no matter how much it hurts the people. | 不论会对人民造成多大伤害 |
[53:19] | I can see that. | 我明白了 |
[53:32] | We nailed that. | 我们搞定了 |
[53:34] | The old Malachi Crunch. | 先知保佑 |
[53:36] | The market is shifting already. | 市场风向已经开始转变 |
[53:38] | It is done. | 我们搞定了 |
[53:40] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[53:41] | Larry… | 拉里 |
[53:46] | in a few moments, | 过一会 |
[53:48] | the FBI are gonna come walking through that door | 联调局的人就会进来 |
[53:50] | and they’re going to arrest you. | 他们会把你带走 |
[53:52] | You can’t run. | 你不能跑 |
[53:54] | There’s no time. | 来不及了 |
[54:01] | Rhoades fucked me like you thought he would. | 罗兹真如你所说的耍了我 |
[54:05] | And you got the call | 而且你上台之前 |
[54:07] | before you went on, didn’t you? | 就已经知道了 是吗 |
[54:09] | Your whole manner changed. You didn’t even warn me. | 你的神情举止都变了 可你没有告诉我 |
[54:12] | I couldn’t. | 我不能 |
[54:13] | Because you needed me to go on the air | 因为你需要我上台 |
[54:15] | to corroborate your story, | 支持你的说法 |
[54:16] | get your message out, save your quarter. | 把消息放出去 保住你的季度 |
[54:22] | I get it. It was smart. | 我明白 这招很聪明 |
[54:27] | This is some fucked-up universe we’ve decided to live in. | 这就是我们所生存的操蛋世界 |
[54:31] | How can I help now? | 我还能帮什么忙 |
[54:36] | Hold this for me. | 拿着这个 |
[54:38] | And I need you to get word to my lawyer. | 告诉我的律师 |
[54:41] | And Linda? | 琳达呢 |
[54:44] | Make sure she tells the kids | 让她在孩子们从电视上看到我之前 |
[54:45] | before they find out from the news. | 告诉他们情况 |
[54:48] | Done. | 好 |
[54:56] | Larry. | 拉里 |
[54:58] | I know. | 我懂 |
[54:59] | Lawrence Boyd? | 劳伦斯·博伊德 |
[55:01] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[55:02] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[55:04] | Anything you say can and will be used against you | 但你说的一切 |
[55:06] | in a court of law. | 都将作为呈堂证供 |
[55:11] | I thought you were ready to take the next step. | 我以为你准备好要走下一步了 |
[55:15] | I thought you understood the goddamn game. | 我以为你懂游戏规则呢 |
[55:18] | Oh, I believe I do, sir. | 我相信我懂 先生 |
[55:22] | I believe I do. | 我相信我懂 |
[55:31] | Hello, Bob. | 波比 |
[55:33] | I don’t put any stock in omens or fortune tellers, | 我向来不相信预言或先知 |
[55:36] | but this must feel | 但这一幕 |
[55:39] | a little like your future foretold, huh? | 肯定有点像你的未来吧 |
[55:42] | You mean watching you arrest other people | 你是说 你逮捕别人 |
[55:44] | while I walk right out the door? | 而我逍遥离开吗 |
[55:46] | Yeah. Kinda does. | 差不多吧 |