时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Billions… | 《亿万》前情回顾 |
[00:10] | NFL thinks it would be best for all involved | 全美橄榄球联盟觉得如果你不参与投标的话 |
[00:13] | if you didn’t bid. | 对所有人都好 |
[00:15] | Stated reason? | 说的理由呢 |
[00:16] | Public perception. | 担心公众的看法 |
[00:17] | I think we should start something — a business. | 我们应该开启一番事业 |
[00:22] | I’m already set up in an office of my own, | 我已经设立自己的办公室 |
[00:24] | starting to see clients. | 开始接待客户了 |
[00:25] | – Is that permanent? – I’m not sure…yet. | -那是永久的吗 -我还不确定 目前来说 |
[00:29] | I’m keeping my options open. | 我想留点回旋余地 |
[00:31] | Say hello to my nephew, Marco. | 来认识一下我侄子 马尔科 |
[00:32] | Kid just got elected to county executive up in Sandicot. | 这孩子刚当选桑迪科特的县长 |
[00:35] | I’m Marc. An honor to meet you, Mr. Axelrod. | 我叫马尔科 很荣幸见到你阿克斯罗德先生 |
[00:38] | You will give me what I need. | 你会告诉我我想知道的一切 |
[00:40] | Or maybe we’ll have a pepperoni slice in Yonkers. | 不然我们去扬克斯品尝一下意大利辣肠披萨 |
[00:43] | We can invite your boss. | 可以邀请你的老板一同前来 |
[00:45] | Sleeping well has become important to me. | 睡得安心对我来说很重要 |
[00:46] | So is looking my daughter in the eye, | 同样重要的是当我看着我女儿的眼睛 |
[00:48] | knowing she’s looking back at a good person. | 知道她在看着一个好人 |
[00:50] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[00:51] | If I fire you now, | 如果我现在解雇你 |
[00:52] | it’ll look like the administration is protecting Boyd, | 会让政府看起来在保护博伊德 |
[00:55] | obstructing justice. | 妨碍司法公正 |
[00:56] | There’s a reason no one’s done this. | 没有人这么做是有原因的 |
[00:58] | I’ll just fire you in a few months. | 我几个月后再解雇你 |
[00:59] | All you’ve bought is time. | 你争取到的只有时间 |
[01:01] | I got news last night I never wanted to get — | 昨晚我得到了一个我并不想得到的消息 |
[01:03] | Chuck Rhoades, coming at me. | 查克·罗兹 盯上我了 |
[01:05] | You squared off with him, walked away unmarked. | 你和他摆好架势 还能全身而退 |
[01:07] | I need your playbook, I need to know how to beat him. | 我需要你对付他的办法 我得知道怎样打败他 |
[01:10] | Lawrence Boyd can be friend to no man. | 劳伦斯·博伊德不会是任何人的朋友 |
[01:12] | He needs to dominate you in his own mind | 他要通过将他的”种子”播撒进你妻子的体内 |
[01:15] | by heaving his seed into your bride. | 以达到在心目中主宰你的目的 |
[01:19] | Turn it off. | 把它关了 |
[01:20] | Disgrace him. Humble him. | 羞辱他 打倒他 |
[01:22] | Boyd’s been rigging Treasury bids. | 博伊德一直在操纵财政部的投标 |
[01:24] | I’ll get you whatever I can. | 我会把我能得到的信息都给你 |
[01:25] | Whatever it takes, I’m in. | 无论要付出何种代价 我都入伙 |
[01:52] | I’ve seeded over 125 companies. | 我投资了超过125家公司 |
[01:56] | I don’t do it to make money. | 我这么做不是为了赚钱 |
[01:57] | If money comes with that, and it always has, that’s fine. | 如果有钱赚 确实也一向如此 那最好了 |
[02:01] | But it’s not the driver. | 但这不是动机 |
[02:03] | I do it for the same reason | 我的理由不异于 |
[02:05] | that Edison created telephonic communication, | 爱迪生发明电话通信 |
[02:08] | Oppenheimer harnessed nuclear fission, | 奥本海默利用核裂变 |
[02:10] | and DJ Kool Herc set up two turntables and a microphone | 库尔·赫克DJ在布朗克斯区塞奇威克大道上 |
[02:12] | on Sedgewick Avenue in the Bronx — | 架起唱机转盘与麦克风 |
[02:15] | to move at great velocity towards a better future. | 都是为了以更快的速度走向更好的未来 |
[02:20] | And this? | 而这个 |
[02:22] | This represents the culmination of it all. | 它代表着这一切的巅峰 |
[02:25] | Farpoint isn’t just going to bring the earth closer together. | 远点科技不仅要让全球的联系更为密切 |
[02:27] | It’s going to bring us closer to what’s out there. | 它还将让我们更接近外面的世界 |
[02:32] | This is the first one you sent into orbit. | 这是你送上天的第一台 |
[02:34] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:36] | We’re two generations beyond Manticore. | 现在已经有了曼提柯尔之后两代的产品 |
[02:39] | Manticore-3 — | 曼提柯尔3号 |
[02:40] | “The first ship to make a manned mission to Mars.” | 第一艘完成火星载人飞行任务的飞船 |
[02:44] | That your impersonation of me? | 你是在模仿我说话吗 |
[02:46] | Well, you’ve certainly said it enough times. | 你确实说了很多遍了 |
[02:52] | That’s how I make it happen. | 因此我才做到了 |
[02:57] | Elena Gabriel. | 埃琳娜·加布里尔 |
[03:00] | Lead candidate for that first mission. | 第一次任务的领队候选人 |
[03:01] | Well, it’ll take a couple of days for me | 我要花好多天才能 |
[03:03] | to do a full work-up on it. | 完成全面的诊断 |
[03:04] | We have a conference room set aside. | 我们有一间搁置不用的会议室 |
[03:05] | I appreciate that, | 多谢 |
[03:06] | but since she has no prior relationship with me — | 但因为她之前与我没有交情 |
[03:08] | Build rapport however you want, okay? | 根据你的需要建立融洽的关系 好吧 |
[03:10] | Just, keep in mind, | 记住 |
[03:11] | we’re not giving her the keys to a school bus here. | 我们要交给她的可不是校车的钥匙 |
[03:14] | This is a $1.2 billion vessel. | 这艘飞船价值12亿 |
[03:17] | And your legacy. I get all that. | 也是你的宝贝 我都明白 |
[03:19] | You need to know that she’s psychologically bulletproof. | 你要知道她在心理上是否刀枪不入 |
[03:22] | There she is. Right on time. | 她来了 正准时 |
[03:25] | Does that mean anything? | 这有什么寓意吗 |
[03:26] | Yeah, that her watch works. | 有 说明她的手表挺准 |
[03:30] | Elena Gabriel. | 埃琳娜·加布里尔 |
[03:32] | Ah, dominant handshake. | 主导型握手 |
[03:34] | Intentional? | 故意的吗 |
[03:35] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[03:38] | Elena will show you around the facility. | 埃琳娜会带你参观一下这里 |
[03:42] | I know what you’re doing with the lawsuit. | 我知道你会怎么处理那起诉讼 |
[03:44] | What am I doing with the lawsuit? | 我会怎么处理那起诉讼 |
[03:46] | Look, Axe, I spent seven years | 阿克斯 我花了七年时间 |
[03:48] | and more money than I care to admit | 以及多到我都不愿去承认的金钱 |
[03:50] | fighting the S.E.C. Just to clear my name. | 去和证交会斗争 为我自己正名 |
[03:52] | – And you did. – Fuck, yeah, I did, | -你做到了 -去他的 是啊 |
[03:54] | but in those seven years, | 但在那七年里 |
[03:55] | I tried to buy two baseball teams. | 我还想买下两支棒球队 |
[03:58] | You may notice — I don’t own a baseball team. | 你可能注意到了 我并没有棒球队 |
[04:02] | You think the S.E.C. was the dealbreaker? | 你觉得证交会坏了你的交易 |
[04:04] | It fucking didn’t help. That’s for damn sure. | 它绝对没帮上忙 这是肯定的 |
[04:06] | Look, Axe, we’re different, right? | 阿克斯 我们与别人不一样 |
[04:08] | We didn’t inherit our money. | 我们的钱不是继承来的 |
[04:09] | We earned it calling bullshit early, | 我们都是自己赚的 靠的是提前决断 |
[04:12] | often, and very publicly. | 频繁交易 而且都非常公开 |
[04:14] | The NFL doesn’t like that shit. | 全美橄榄球联盟不喜欢这种的 |
[04:16] | They’re afraid you’re gonna break etiquette, | 他们害怕你会破坏规矩 |
[04:18] | come in long and loud. | 长期性地大动手脚 |
[04:19] | They think you’re gonna be | 他们觉得你会成为 |
[04:20] | the Mark Cuban of the NFL. | 全美橄榄球联盟的马克·库班 |
[04:22] | Oh, so I’m pre-fucked? | 所以我从一开始就注定完了 |
[04:23] | You need to make it clear to them | 你要向他们表明 |
[04:25] | that you’re hanging up the gloves | 你要金盆洗手 |
[04:26] | and moving on to a new phase. | 开始新的阶段了 |
[04:28] | You know what else you need to do? | 你知道还需要怎么做吗 |
[04:30] | You need to stop fucking with the U.S. Attorney. | 不要再和联邦检察院纠缠了 |
[04:33] | I’m not gonna do that. | 我不会那么做的 |
[04:34] | Come on, Axe. | 得了 阿克斯 |
[04:36] | So, when are they gonna make the decision? | 他们打算什么时候做决定 |
[04:38] | This week. | 这周 |
[04:39] | You know, even if you win this lawsuit, | 即使你赢了这起诉讼 |
[04:41] | that’s the long game. | 这场比赛还长着呢 |
[04:42] | If you really want this team, you got to ask yourself — | 如果你真想要这支球队 问问你自己 |
[04:46] | How are you gonna change hearts and minds today? | 今天你会如何改变内心的想法 |
[05:02] | Well, the Japanese would be proud. | 日本人会很骄傲的 |
[05:04] | You waited until the meal was done. | 你一直等到了用餐结束 |
[05:08] | But at this point, hit me with it, | 但在这个节点上 直说吧 |
[05:10] | and let us both get on with our days. | 你我都痛快点 |
[05:12] | What’s the status on Spartan-Ives? | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯的情况怎么样了 |
[05:14] | – Only a matter of time. – How much time? | -迟早的事 -还要多久 |
[05:19] | – How much time I got? – Not a lot. | -我还有多少时间 -不多了 |
[05:21] | The AG didn’t appreciate you | 检察长不喜欢你 |
[05:23] | leaking news of your investigation. | 泄露调查进展的行为 |
[05:24] | I didn’t leak it. I denied it when asked. | 我没有泄露 被问起时我也否认了 |
[05:27] | Okay. You’ve lodged official protest of my statement. | 好吧 你对我的陈述提出了公开抗议 |
[05:30] | Say what you came to say. | 你就直说吧 |
[05:31] | You’re alive as long as you’re making progress. | 只要你有进展 你就能活下去 |
[05:34] | But the AG thinks that you stalled, | 但检察长认为你故意拖延时间 |
[05:36] | she’s gonna show you the Hans Gruber Memorial Exit. | 她会让你体会汉斯·克鲁伯的经典下场 |
[05:41] | Well, it’s nice to hear you take the potential demise | 很高兴知道你把我的职业生涯即将覆灭的可能性 |
[05:43] | of my career so seriously. | 这么当回事 |
[05:45] | Laugh or cry. You know what I mean? | 笑或哭 明白我的意思吗 |
[05:49] | I sure do. | 当然明白 |
[06:04] | Get me Bensinger. | 给我接通本辛格 |
[06:05] | Very few things get the third wealthiest man in America | 很少有事情能让美国第三的富翁 |
[06:08] | to leave home. | 出远门 |
[06:09] | A handful of economic conferences | 几个经济会议 |
[06:11] | and reeling in billionaires for the Giving Oath. | 为捐赠誓约吸引亿万富翁加入 |
[06:14] | No conferences are happening in the city right now, Mr. Bensinger. | 全市现在没有会议在举行 本辛格先生 |
[06:17] | Well done, young man. | 很好 年轻人 |
[06:19] | If your publication will grant me a 48-hour hold, | 如果你们答应延迟48小时发表 |
[06:22] | I’ll give you a head start. | 我可以给你们独家头条 |
[06:24] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[06:25] | Richard Winstead is joining us | 理查德·温斯泰德会加入我们 |
[06:28] | and pledging 80% of his assets. | 并以他80%的资产作为担保 |
[06:30] | It’s a great act of philanthropy. | 这是慈善事业的壮举 |
[06:36] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[06:40] | Robert. A rare treat. | 罗伯特 稀客啊 |
[06:43] | Can you find some time for me while you’re visiting? | 你游览的时候能给我抽点空吗 |
[06:45] | The city’s so noisy. | 这个城市太吵了 |
[06:46] | If you want to have a real talk, | 如果你想要好好谈谈的话 |
[06:48] | come to the house in Shaker Heights. | 请到我在谢克海茨的房子来 |
[06:50] | That’s a kind offer, but I don’t want to wait that long. | 这提议真不错 但是我等不了那么长时间 |
[06:52] | What are you doing tonight? | 你今晚做什么 |
[06:53] | Bridge game, grabbing a hot dog. | 打桥牌 吃热狗 |
[06:56] | So, the usual? | 跟平时一样 |
[06:58] | If I know you, you’re gonna stop at a cart, | 如果我了解你的话 你会在快餐车前停下脚步 |
[06:59] | or, even worse, order room service. | 或者更糟糕一些 直接叫客房服务 |
[07:03] | New York is, in some respects, a fine city, | 在某些方面 纽约确实是个很好的城市 |
[07:05] | but not where cased meats are concerned. | 但是香肠可不怎么样 |
[07:07] | I got a place. | 我知道个好地方 |
[07:09] | I think it more than stacks up | 我觉得那儿可不只是有 |
[07:11] | against what you got in Cleveland. | 你在克里夫兰能吃到的一切 |
[07:12] | Challenge accepted. I’ll see you tonight. | 接受挑战 今晚见 |
[07:19] | It doesn’t matter what I do. | 我做什么并不重要 |
[07:20] | The faucet’s run dry. | 水龙头都干枯了 |
[07:22] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:23] | I can’t get anything on Spartan-Ives’ Treasury bid-rigging | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯操纵财政部投标的证据 |
[07:26] | ’cause there is no Spartan-Ives’ Treasury bid-rigging. | 我什么都找不到 因为没有这回事 |
[07:28] | That’s bullshit. We all know it’s happening. | 胡扯 我们都知道有这事 |
[07:31] | It was, till news got out that you guys were targeting them, | 在新闻爆出来你们调查他们之前 确实有 |
[07:34] | and then they just, you know. | 然后他们就都…你懂的 |
[07:36] | Boyd’s snake crawled back up his flap. | 博伊德的蛇又爬回他的旗帜上了 |
[07:39] | Look, I don’t know what I’m supposed to do here. | 我不知道我在这要做什么 |
[07:41] | I can’t share a bed with my wife. | 我无法再跟我的妻子同床共枕 |
[07:44] | I can’t move out, | 我不能搬出去 |
[07:45] | ’cause then she’ll know that I know. | 因为那样她就会知道我知道了 |
[07:48] | I spend half my day at home in the bathroom. | 我每天花半天的时间待在家里的洗手间里 |
[07:49] | She thinks I have the shits. | 她以为我在拉屎 |
[07:51] | Look, I don’t think I’m gonna be able to help you get Boyd. | 我想我没法帮你们抓到博伊德 |
[07:54] | I mean, I want to, but — | 我也想 但是 |
[07:56] | Your boss violated the sanctity of your marital bed, | 你老板玷污了你婚姻的神圣 |
[08:01] | and you can’t man up to… | 你就不能爷们一点… |
[08:02] | Bryan. | 布莱恩 |
[08:05] | He’s all man. | 他已经很爷们了 |
[08:06] | He’s John Wayne in Liberty Valance. | 他就是《双虎屠龙》里的约翰·韦恩 |
[08:09] | ‘Cause most fellas in his position would run and hide, | 像他这种境遇的人大都跑到一边躲起来了 |
[08:12] | but he is standing in. | 但是他还在 |
[08:15] | Now, I don’t know if I’d be man enough | 我都不知道自己能不能像个爷们一样 |
[08:16] | to watch my wife sleep next to me, | 看着我的妻子睡在我的身旁 |
[08:19] | knowing what he knows. | 对他所知道的了如指掌 |
[08:20] | Mr. McKinnon, a bit more time, | 麦金农先生 假以时日 |
[08:24] | and your struggle will have been worth it. | 你的努力一定会得到回报 |
[08:27] | Players return to their mean. | 玩家们会重拾贪婪 |
[08:28] | And we will be waiting. | 我们则守株待兔 |
[08:33] | Get back to work. | 回去工作吧 |
[08:34] | Keep it together. | 振作一点 |
[08:36] | We’ll find another way to nail Lawrence Boyd, | 我们找其他方法给劳伦斯·博伊德定罪 |
[08:39] | and when we do, | 当我们找到的时候 |
[08:40] | we’ll need you. | 我们会需要你的 |
[08:51] | Setback. Not a defeat. | 挫折而已 不算失败 |
[08:55] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[09:01] | I could go through the Panama Papers, | 我可以查查《巴拿马文件》 |
[09:03] | look at all the assets that offshore firm was hiding. | 看看他那离岸公司隐藏的所有资产 |
[09:06] | Boyd didn’t have money there. | 博伊德在那没什么钱 |
[09:08] | There’s no direct link to him. | 没有指向他的直接证据 |
[09:09] | Maybe we’ll find someone else to flip up the chain. | 也许我们应该找其他人来把链条补全 |
[09:12] | The problem isn’t the missing link to the top. | 问题不在于缺乏抵达顶端的链接 |
[09:16] | The problem is the top. | 问题在于顶端本身 |
[09:26] | Your friend Lawrence Boyd. | 你的朋友劳伦斯·博伊德 |
[09:28] | You said he was ready. | 你说他准备好了的 |
[09:29] | Fuck. | 靠 |
[09:30] | There’s a methodology I deploy | 我有一个方法 |
[09:32] | that gets the results you’ve come to expect. | 能够达到你想要的结果 |
[09:35] | But he isn’t letting me take the steps I need to. | 但是他却不想让我采取必要的行动 |
[09:39] | Do you want me to take actions I deem necessary | 你想让我不经过他的允许就采取 |
[09:41] | without his approval? | 我认为必要的行动吗 |
[09:43] | No, keep offering help. | 不 继续提供帮助 |
[09:44] | If he’s too genteel to accept, | 如果他那么清高不肯接受的话 |
[09:47] | there’s nothing we can do. | 我们也没有什么办法 |
[09:50] | Whose house? | 谁的房子 |
[09:54] | Whose house? | 谁的房子 |
[09:55] | Lonnie’s house. | 朗尼的房子 |
[09:55] | 酒吧文化 当一个喝醉了的人异常开心时就会喊这个问题 经典答案是LeMieux’s House | |
[09:57] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:59] | Whose house? | 谁的房子 |
[10:00] | I’m not fucking saying it. | 我他妈才不说呢 |
[10:02] | Aw, you’re breaking my heart, | 心都被你伤透了 |
[10:03] | but whether you admit it or not, | 但是不管你承不承认 |
[10:05] | it is, in fact… | 这事实上都是 |
[10:08] | Lonnie’s house. | 朗尼的房子 |
[10:09] | You did not just close another one. | 你不会又结了个案子吧 |
[10:11] | Yeah. Predator this week, Panamanian drug lord last week, | 是的 这周终结者 上周巴拿马药王 |
[10:14] | but who’s keeping score? | 可是谁负责记录分数呢 |
[10:16] | Uh, by the way, how’s that whole Spartan-Ives thing going? | 对了 斯巴坦-艾弗斯的事情怎么样了 |
[10:19] | Solid. | 进展很好 |
[10:21] | Great. | 太好了 |
[10:25] | Hey, there. | 你好 |
[10:35] | New look? | 新形象 |
[10:36] | The wife. | 我妻子 |
[10:37] | Understood. | 我懂 |
[10:38] | Rhoades’ motion to dismiss was denied. | 罗兹关于撤销指控的动议没通过 |
[10:42] | Body shot! | 干得漂亮 |
[10:43] | Deposition’s confirmed for Thursday, | 取证定在了周四 |
[10:45] | but we should postpone. | 但我们应该延期 |
[10:48] | Oh, yeah. I know. | 是的 我懂 |
[10:49] | That’s what I would say were I my own lawyer. | 如果我给自己当律师的话也会这么说 |
[10:51] | Yet we press on. | 但我们仍在继续往前走 |
[10:54] | If he doesn’t get to depose me, I don’t get to depose him. | 如果他不举证我 我也不举证他 |
[10:57] | It has to happen now. | 现在就得解决了 |
[10:59] | The NFL. | 全美橄榄球联盟竞标 |
[11:01] | I heard you were down to the final three. | 我听说你进到前三了 |
[11:03] | Yeah. Even for me, this kind of chance? | 是的 即便是我 这种机会 |
[11:05] | I know. Of course. | 我当然知道 |
[11:08] | Most folks, when they get their first job on the Street, | 大多数人在华尔街得到第一份工作的时候 |
[11:10] | cold-calling out of phone books, | 照着电话簿打推销电话 |
[11:12] | they think the idea is, get the mark to yes. | 以为得到同意的回答就可以了 |
[11:16] | But the way I saw it — | 但是在我看来 |
[11:18] | and it bought me a 911 my first year — | 这个想法让我在第一年就开上了911 |
[11:20] | is never give them a reason to say no, | 永远都不要给他们拒绝的理由 |
[11:22] | because if you take “No” out of their vocabulary… | 因为如果你把”不”从他们的词汇表中删除 |
[11:25] | “Yes” is the only word left. | “是”就是唯一剩下的词了 |
[11:27] | And right now, Chuck Rhoades’ accusations, | 现在 查克·罗兹被指控的罪名 |
[11:30] | his insinuations — that’s their no… | 那些含沙射影 那就是他们的”不” |
[11:34] | unless I can make it clear | 除非我能说清楚 |
[11:37] | he was the one who crossed the line. | 就是他越界了 |
[11:39] | You have to know going in — | 你得知道 |
[11:41] | Depositions are unpredictable beasts. | 取证是不可预测的猛兽 |
[11:44] | In depos, I’ve seen things you wouldn’t believe. | 在取证中 我看到过很多你无法相信的事情 |
[11:46] | Attack ships on fire? | 攻击船只被大火吞没 |
[11:48] | Yes. The very best cases gone forever, | 是的 最有利的情况永远地消失 |
[11:52] | like tears in rain. | 就像雨中的泪水 |
[11:54] | No replicant… no lawyer is gonna rattle me. | 没有那样的人了 没有律师能影响到我 |
[11:59] | Mr. Axelrod, you say the U.S. Attorney harassed you, | 阿克斯罗德先生 你说联邦检察官骚扰你 |
[12:03] | that he overstepped the bounds of his office. | 他越权了 |
[12:07] | Are you sure he didn’t have legitimate reason | 你确定他没有合法的理由 |
[12:08] | to come to your place of business? | 到你的公司去吗 |
[12:10] | At that hour? No. | 那个时间吗 没有 |
[12:11] | His wife worked for you. | 他的妻子为你工作 |
[12:13] | Could have been coming to see her. | 可能是去看她 |
[12:14] | His wife had quit working for me. | 他妻子辞职了 |
[12:16] | She’d also quit being his wife. | 而且她也不是他妻子了 |
[12:17] | Don’t be cute. | 别耍聪明 |
[12:18] | If you want this to help you in the PR department, | 如果你想取证能帮到你 帮到你的公关部门 |
[12:20] | keep the digs off the record. | 背后调查的东西都不要说出来 |
[12:22] | What about Mick Danzig? | 米克·丹泽呢 |
[12:23] | Do you deny bribing police to wipe out his arrest? | 你否认贿赂了警察来消除他的逮捕记录吗 |
[12:26] | Of course. I would nev– | 当然 我绝不会… |
[12:30] | Fuck. | 操 |
[12:32] | Let’s not give him a perjury charge for nothing. | 我们还是不要白白送他一个伪证罪吧 |
[12:36] | I know you don’t get rattled, | 我知道你不会让别人影响到你 |
[12:38] | but if you get rattled, | 但是如果你被影响了 |
[12:39] | even for a second, don’t answer. | 哪怕仅仅是一秒 不要回答 |
[12:42] | Just ask for a break. | 要求休息一下就可以了 |
[12:48] | So… you want a break now? | 所以你现在想休息一下吗 |
[12:51] | Keep ’em coming. | 继续 |
[12:57] | That’s the shaker room. | 那是模拟仓 |
[13:00] | I don’t see a lot of Amish furniture in there. | 我没有看到什么阿米什家具 |
[13:03] | That’s funny. I like jokes. | 很有趣 我喜欢笑话 |
[13:05] | No, it’s where metallurgy gets subjected | 不是 在那里金属要承受 |
[13:08] | to the speed and pressure it’ll face in space. | 在太空时的速度和压力 |
[13:11] | It’s where things tend to break. | 是测试金属强度的地方 |
[13:13] | Why do you want to go up there? | 你为什么想去外太空 |
[13:15] | It’s the undiscovered country. | 那是个没有被发现的国家 |
[13:18] | That’s from Hamlet. | 那是《哈姆雷特》中的台词 |
[13:20] | He was describing death. | 他是在描述死亡 |
[13:23] | It’s the final frontier. | 那是最后的阵地了 |
[13:26] | How about in your own words? | 用你自己的话来说呢 |
[13:33] | Everyone I went to school with works on one of two things — | 我所有的同学都从事这两种行业中的一种 |
[13:36] | theoretical particle physics or the next great start-up. | 理论粒子物理学或者成立一个新初创公司 |
[13:40] | You don’t care about those things? | 你对这些不感兴趣吗 |
[13:42] | I have too much self-respect to be an academic, | 我自尊心太强了所以不能搞学术 |
[13:44] | so number one is out. | 所以第一个选项没戏了 |
[13:46] | And the pure money grab, while intoxicating in theory, | 纯粹的圈钱 尽管理论让人激动不已 |
[13:50] | never seems to leave anyone any better off than they were | 不论是谁都再也比不上 |
[13:53] | the moment they had the big idea in the first place… | 最初产生那个伟大想法的时候了 |
[13:56] | because they are still stuck here, | 因为他们还困在那 |
[13:59] | bound to this place and its limitations of fuel, | 被限制在这个燃料有限 空间有限 |
[14:02] | space, and class struggle. | 还有阶级斗争的地方 |
[14:05] | Face it — Earth is pretty screwed. | 面对现实吧 地球要完蛋了 |
[14:13] | Where does that leave you? | 那你有什么想法 |
[14:19] | I want to do something impossible. | 我想做不可能的事 |
[14:22] | I want to point to the sky, at another planet, | 我想指着蓝天 指着另一个星球 |
[14:25] | and say, “I used to live there.” | 说”我以前住在那” |
[14:32] | I don’t think I’ve said that out loud before. | 我以前没这么大声说出来过 |
[14:34] | Does it sound silly? | 听起来傻吗 |
[14:37] | No. | 不傻 |
[14:43] | Following Axelrod’s a nonstarter. | 跟踪调查阿克斯罗德是没用的 |
[14:46] | – Why? – He’s got operatives, pros — | -为什么 -他有私家侦探 专业人员 |
[14:48] | with him, on him. | 和他一起 为他服务 |
[14:50] | They hang back. | 他们藏在暗处 |
[14:51] | His own staff probably doesn’t know they’re there, | 他自己的员工可能不知道他们在那 |
[14:52] | but they are. | 但是他们的确在 |
[14:54] | I saw a guy I used to work with at the Bureau. | 我看到一个之前联调局里的同事 |
[14:55] | Quality agent. Lucky he didn’t see me. | 很棒的探员 幸好他没有看到我 |
[14:57] | – This would be much easier for your son to assign — -No, no. | -你儿子指派会更加容易… -不 不 |
[15:01] | This has nothing to do with him. | 这和他没关系 |
[15:03] | He can’t even know about it. | 他甚至都不能知道这件事 |
[15:05] | Understood. | 知道了 |
[15:07] | Maybe you don’t personally do it. | 也许你不用亲自去做 |
[15:08] | No. They’d make anybody. | 不 他们会让随便哪个人来做的 |
[15:10] | They’re squared away. | 他们准备好了 |
[15:14] | Drop down a rung. | 降一级 |
[15:15] | Follow his top people. | 跟进他的高层人员 |
[15:19] | And this… is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[15:23] | Results on the other subject. | 其他问题的结果 |
[15:25] | Surveillance of a federal employee is a Class E felony, | 监控联邦雇员是E级重罪 |
[15:27] | so if you want me to keep it up, | 所以如果你想让我继续下去 |
[15:29] | I’m gonna need to charge you a higher rate. | 我得收取更高的价格 |
[15:31] | Then it’s a good day for business. | 那今天是个谈生意的好日子 |
[15:39] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[15:40] | Your father’s driver dropped this off for you. | 你父亲的司机把这个给你送来了 |
[15:59] | – Thanks, man. – For you, Bryan, anything. | -谢谢 -乐意效劳 布莱恩 |
[16:02] | That coffee is terrible. | 那咖啡很难喝 |
[16:04] | How do you drink it? | 你是怎么喝下去的 |
[16:10] | I close my eyes and think of England. | 闭上眼想着英格兰 |
[16:12] | When you close your eyes, I want you to think of me. | 当你闭上眼的时候 我想你想着我 |
[16:17] | Coming after you. | 紧跟着你 |
[16:18] | Like my own personal Anton Chigurh? | 就像我自己的安东·齐格吗 |
[16:20] | Oh, no. I’m not some surrealist nightmare. | 不 我不是什么现实主义的噩梦 |
[16:25] | I’m flesh and blood. | 我是有血有肉的 |
[16:27] | I feel like you’ve got some bedrock misunderstandings | 我觉得你对政府工作 |
[16:30] | about government work. | 有根本性的误解 |
[16:31] | The Spartan-Ives investigation isn’t going anywhere. | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯的调查不会有什么结果的 |
[16:36] | It’s not going to save Chuck’s job. | 它拯救不了查克的工作 |
[16:42] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[16:44] | Don’t throw away a promising career | 不要让对于忠诚的片面错误认知 |
[16:46] | over a selective and misguided sense of loyalty. | 断送了你的美好前程 |
[16:51] | Your boss is going down, | 你的老板大势已去 |
[16:53] | so why not finish Chuck off yourself | 为什么不亲手了结了查克 |
[16:56] | and earn some Justice points with the deathblow? | 并且从中赢得几分上头对你的好感呢 |
[17:16] | So, we’re finally gonna have the talk? | 我们终于能坐下谈谈了 |
[17:18] | Well, you’ve been reaching out to me for five years. | 你已经联系我五年了 |
[17:23] | This isn’t how I like to do it. | 我没想到会在这样的地方见面 |
[17:25] | You prefer the house? | 你更喜欢在家谈 |
[17:27] | It’s more intimate. | 家里更私密些 |
[17:28] | For a seduction? | 便于笼络我 |
[17:30] | When you ask a person to invest his money with you, | 当你游说某人把他的钱交给你投资 |
[17:32] | that’s a seduction. | 这才叫做笼络 |
[17:34] | When you ask him to pledge his net worth — | 当你让他拿出他的净资产… |
[17:36] | That’s what the Mongols did when they sacked a village. | 这就是蒙古人洗劫村庄时的所作所为 |
[17:39] | I was gonna say it’s a marriage. | 我本想说这叫作兼并 |
[17:41] | Well, the Mongols called it that, too. | 蒙古人也是这么号称的 |
[17:44] | Look, I get why you’ve been putting me off. | 我知道你为什么一直推迟与我见面了 |
[17:46] | Most people don’t like to think about giving their money away. | 大多数人不愿考虑捐赠他们的钱财 |
[17:50] | It makes them think they’re gonna die. | 这会让他们觉得自己在世上的时日不多了 |
[17:52] | But you can rest assured — You are gonna die. | 但你可以放心 你早晚都会死的 |
[17:57] | Yes. | 没错 |
[17:58] | A man tries a lot of things. | 有人一生尝试很多事情 |
[18:00] | He fucks, he fathers, | 品尝女人滋味 抚养孩子 |
[18:03] | he letters his name above doorways | 在那些不曾走过的门廊之上 |
[18:05] | he’d never otherwise walk through. | 冠上自己的名字 |
[18:07] | Any of this sound familiar? | 这些场景你觉得熟悉吗 |
[18:11] | How’s your hot dog? | 你觉得热狗味道怎么样 |
[18:12] | Goddamn delicious. | 非常好吃 |
[18:15] | Why do you make so much money? | 你为什么赚那么多钱 |
[18:17] | Because I can. | 因为我有这样的能力 |
[18:18] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[18:20] | A lot of things you can do that you don’t — | 有很多你可以做的事情你都没做 |
[18:22] | bark like a seal, ride the subway. | 比如学海豹叫 乘地铁 |
[18:25] | You make money because it feels good. | 你赚钱是因为这件事让你感觉很爽 |
[18:28] | Well, here’s the crazy thing. | 而让人意想不到的一点在于 |
[18:30] | Giving it away feels better. | 捐钱让你感觉更爽 |
[18:34] | Do you remember what it felt like to make that first million? | 还记得赚到第一个100万时的那种感觉吗 |
[18:40] | I didn’t feel that good again | 在我承诺捐出200亿之前 |
[18:42] | until I pledged to give away 20,000 times that. | 再也没有体会过当初那种满足感了 |
[18:46] | It’s the cure. | 这办法拯救了我 |
[18:49] | Accumulation with no end in sight is gluttony. | 对财富无休止的积累如同暴食 |
[18:53] | That’s the disease. | 这是种病 |
[18:54] | I thought it was a sin. | 我以为那是种罪 |
[18:56] | Fuck sin. Fuck piety. | 去他妈的罪 去他妈的虔信 |
[18:58] | I’m talking about what you can use. | 我说的是你能用得上的办法 |
[19:00] | Gluttony hollows you out. | 过度积累财富让你身心俱疲 |
[19:01] | Giving goes the other way. | 捐款则反之 |
[19:03] | I know. It’s a fucking paradox, but I worked it out. | 我知道 这说法前后矛盾 但我想明白了 |
[19:07] | The reason that nothing levers up your happiness like giving | 之所以没有什么能提高捐款给你带来的满足感 |
[19:10] | is because it puts you back in charge of the only thing | 因为这种方式让你重拾你唯一真正在乎的对象 |
[19:13] | that you ever really cared about– yourself. | 也就是你自己的控制权 |
[19:18] | That’s why I founded the Giving Oath. | 这就是我创办捐赠誓约的原因 |
[19:22] | And that’s why I’m sitting here. | 这也是我坐在这里的原因 |
[19:36] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[19:42] | I like the way you fight to pass my guard, | 我喜欢你突破我防守所用的进攻方式 |
[19:44] | but you practically dove into that arm lock. | 但你差不多完全被锁臂固住了 |
[19:47] | You’ve got to learn the difference | 你得弄清楚莽撞进攻 |
[19:49] | between naive aggression and effective aggression. | 和有效进攻之间有何不同 |
[19:54] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[20:12] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[20:15] | That’s not what you were wearing at the office. | 你上班的时候穿的不是这风格的衣服 |
[20:18] | No. | 对 |
[20:23] | I found something. | 我有所发现 |
[20:24] | I was looking through the Panama Papers. | 我之前在查看《巴拿马文件》 |
[20:26] | There was a link to Boyd, after all? | 终于找到和博伊德有关的线索了 |
[20:27] | No. He’s not hiding money there. | 没 他没把钱藏在那里 |
[20:32] | Your father is. | 那上面有你父亲的名字 |
[20:37] | That’s what couldn’t wait till morning? | 这就是你等不及到天亮要跟我说的事 |
[20:38] | No. He stashed $12 million in an offshore account. | 对 他在离岸账户里藏了1200万美元 |
[20:42] | I know. | 我知道这事 |
[20:45] | You knew about this? | 你知道 |
[20:46] | He didn’t do anything illegal. | 他没做违法的事 |
[20:48] | He didn’t stash it. | 他没有藏钱 |
[20:50] | Moving money that way is not a crime. | 用这种方式转移资金不是犯罪 |
[20:53] | It’s just bad PR. | 只是说出去不太好听罢了 |
[20:57] | But what is it that really bothers you, Bryan? | 不过真正让你困扰的是什么 布莱恩 |
[21:00] | The fact that he hid the money | 是他藏钱这事 |
[21:01] | or the fact that he had that much in the first place? | 还是第一次知道他有那么多钱 |
[21:12] | Here it is. | 这瓶 |
[21:14] | No, not that one. | 不 这瓶不行 |
[21:15] | The Carolina sauces are too vinegary. | 卡罗来纳牌的酱汁太酸了 |
[21:17] | I want something spicy. | 我想要辣一点的酱 |
[21:19] | I’m sick of the barbecue sauce. | 烧烤酱的事真让人头疼 |
[21:22] | So, Wags? | 瓦格斯那边怎么样 |
[21:24] | Hitting it hard. | 嗑药成性 |
[21:26] | He has a standing appointment every morning. | 每天早上他都要预约输液 |
[21:28] | He has his own IV stand in his room. | 他的房间里有专门的静脉注射架 |
[21:30] | Yeah, he’s fucked right now. | 他现在的情况真够糟的 |
[21:33] | I’ll deal with it soon. | 我会尽快解决这事的 |
[21:36] | He showed me this. | 他给我看了这个 |
[21:38] | 仁慈小队 只要749.99美元 | |
[21:38] | Says it came to his work e-mail. | 他说这是发到他的工作邮箱里的 |
[21:42] | It’s Dan Wolfe’s company. | 这是丹·乌尔夫的公司 |
[21:44] | Private equity guy who invests in healthcare. | 一个投资医疗保健业的私募人士 |
[21:46] | They’ve got real money behind them. | 他们背后有金主 |
[21:48] | Well, they’re hitting on our customer base now | 他们现在在吸引我们的客户群 |
[21:51] | and undercutting us. | 抢我们的生意 |
[21:52] | So I was thinking we change our focus to smaller firms, | 所以我觉得我们得把目光转向规模较小的公司 |
[21:56] | maybe out in New Jersey. | 像是在新泽西这样的地方 |
[21:58] | Yeah, let’s let him Bigfoot us into becoming, | 是啊 让他把我们吓得 |
[22:00] | like, a lovely little boutique, you know? | 改开小精品店得了 |
[22:02] | We can open a bed-and-breakfast | 我们可以开一家小旅馆 |
[22:04] | and serve intravenous maple syrup to our guests. | 为住客提供静脉注射枫糖浆服务 |
[22:08] | You want to fight? | 你想跟他们斗吗 |
[22:09] | This is our fucking corner, Stringer. | 该我们出招了 斯丁格 |
[22:16] | Yellowbird. | 黄鸟牌 |
[22:20] | You are going to obtain and execute | 你们要取得并且执行 |
[22:23] | a search warrant for Spartan-Ives. | 对斯巴坦-艾弗斯的搜查令 |
[22:25] | What’s the basis for the warrant? | 搜查的依据是什么 |
[22:27] | Quote stuffing. | 塞单 |
[22:29] | I brought you that a year ago. | 一年前我和你说起的时候 |
[22:30] | You called me a piker for wanting to go after it. | 你说我是个”胆小鬼” 只敢去查塞单 |
[22:33] | Yeah, you said high-frequency trading confuses juries | 对 你说高频交易比高等微积分 |
[22:35] | more than advanced calculus. | 更容易让陪审团迷惑 |
[22:36] | It is advanced calculus. | 这就是高等微积分 |
[22:38] | This is the first wave at Normandy. | 这相当于是诺曼底登陆的第一波攻击 |
[22:41] | You know what happened on the first wave. | 你们都清楚第一波攻击发生了什么 |
[22:43] | – Got cut down. – Right. | -被击倒 -对 |
[22:45] | Ensuring that the second wave had a fighting chance. | 确保第二波攻击有了作战机会 |
[22:49] | Judge Wailand is expecting you, | 韦兰法官正等着你们 |
[22:50] | so go make like a piker — | 所以今天 就去做个 |
[22:55] | today. | “胆小鬼” |
[23:00] | Miss me that much? | 这么想我 |
[23:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:03] | And I wanted to talk to a few of your employees, | 我想和你的一些员工 |
[23:05] | who are also my clients. | 同时也是我的客户谈谈 |
[23:07] | Sure. Why? | 当然可以 为什么 |
[23:08] | Just to gauge their experience and overall satisfaction. | 只是评估他们的体验和整体满意度 |
[23:11] | So, you didn’t want to see if they or you | 所以 你不是想查查丹·乌尔夫的仁慈小队 |
[23:15] | are being specifically targeted by Dan Wolfe’s Mercy Squad? | 有没有专门针对他们或是你吗 |
[23:19] | I am, right? | 我是他们的目标 对吗 |
[23:21] | – Fuck. – It’s okay. | -该死 -没关系 |
[23:23] | I’ll call Wolfe, ask for some courtesy, have him back off. | 我会打给乌尔夫 友好地叫他滚远点 |
[23:26] | You will not. I’ll handle it. | 不行 我自己处理 |
[23:29] | How? | 怎么处理 |
[23:31] | I’m a businesswoman. I’ll handle it. | 我现在可是女商人 我可以处理 |
[23:38] | You signed up for the Giving Oath? | 你要加入捐赠誓约吗 |
[23:40] | You’ve gone soft. How much are you giving? | 你变软弱了 你要捐多少 |
[23:41] | Nobody needs to know what he does or doesn’t do. | 没有人需要知道他做或是不做什么 |
[23:45] | The giving is later. The headlines are now. | 捐款是之后的事 头条现在已经上了 |
[23:48] | You planted it… | 你设计好的 |
[23:49] | so you’d look like the type of charity-minded champion | 所以你看上去像是那种慈善冠军 |
[23:51] | that gets to steward a sacred trust, | 轻松赢得崇高的信任 |
[23:52] | like a sports franchise. | 拿下一支球队 |
[23:54] | Didn’t want to just sit back and leave it to the Gods. | 可不想只是坐在那儿听天由命 |
[24:01] | It worked. I mean, you got me. | 挺管用的 你骗到我了 |
[24:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:04] | But you’ve also been hitting the IV -a little hard lately. | 但是你最近点滴打得有点多 |
[24:09] | I barely touch the stuff. | 我都没怎么碰过 |
[24:12] | Every day. | 每天都打 |
[24:22] | Do you believe Chuck really has this? | 你相信查克真的能赢下这个案子吗 |
[24:25] | That, or he’s losing it. | 要么赢 要么输 |
[24:27] | Either way is good for you. | 无论怎样对你都有好处 |
[24:29] | So smile. Enjoy it. | 所以笑一笑 尽情享受 |
[24:33] | You’re really okay with leaving Earth behind? | 你真的可以接受离开地球 |
[24:36] | Leaving your family behind, potentially forever? | 可能会永远地离开你的家人 |
[24:39] | I’m an only child. | 我是独生子女 |
[24:42] | Was that lonely or… | 会孤独吗还是… |
[24:44] | It was ideal, in the truest sense of that word. | 非常完美 |
[24:47] | Because I could deploy language | 因为我在早期发展阶段 |
[24:49] | from an early developmental stage, | 就开始说话 |
[24:50] | we all got really used to talking. | 我们养成了聊天的习惯 |
[24:53] | That must have been nice. | 那肯定很好 |
[24:55] | We communicated in my family, too, | 在我家里我们也会聊天 |
[24:57] | but there were more of us, and most of the time, | 但是我们人更多 大多数时候 |
[24:59] | it wasn’t conversation with a capital C. | 都算不上是对话 |
[25:01] | It’s hard to find people you could just… | 很难找到你可以… |
[25:05] | Do you — | 你是否… |
[25:06] | This may sound like a weird non-answer-question thing, | 这可能听上去像是奇怪的没有什么答案的问题 |
[25:08] | but do you like Wilco? | 但是你喜欢威尔可乐队吗 |
[25:10] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[25:11] | Yes, I love the one with “Jesus, don’t cry.” | 我喜欢那首唱着”天啊 不要哭” |
[25:15] | Yeah, me too, because in that one, | 我也是 因为那首歌中 |
[25:17] | Jeff Tweedy and Jay Bennett | 杰夫·特维迪和杰·班尼特 |
[25:19] | had found in each other a perfect mind meld. | 双方的心灵完美地融合在一起 |
[25:22] | They communicated on a level few ever reach. | 他们的沟通达到了常人难以企及的程度 |
[25:25] | But the thing about Wilco at that moment is, | 但是那时候对于威尔可乐队的问题是 |
[25:28] | it was never that good again. | 他们的沟通永远都不会再那么好了 |
[25:29] | Bennett left the group. | 班尼特离开了乐队 |
[25:31] | Somehow, even though each had to know | 不知怎的 尽管他们都知道是 |
[25:33] | the other made him better, | 对方令他们变得更好 |
[25:35] | they just couldn’t find a way to keep going together. | 他们就是找不到一条继续走下去的道路 |
[25:37] | Did the band break up? | 那个乐队解散了吗 |
[25:39] | No. Even without Bennett, | 没 即使没有班尼特 |
[25:40] | Wilco was Wilco. | 威尔可乐队还是威尔可乐队 |
[25:41] | It kept trucking along. | 继续前行 |
[25:43] | And Bennett? | 班尼特呢 |
[25:45] | He died, just a couple years later. | 几年之后 他就死了 |
[25:48] | He OD’d. | 吸毒过量 |
[25:49] | Somehow, on his own, he couldn’t keep it together. | 不知为何 他一个人就是过不好 |
[25:54] | Makes you wonder how you can find a true partner | 让你怀疑你是否能找到一个真正的伴侣 |
[25:57] | and keep them. | 并留住他们 |
[26:02] | Who is that person for you? | 对你来说那个人是谁 |
[26:08] | You’ve never found them. | 你从未找到过 |
[26:13] | You’ve never looked. | 你也从未找过 |
[26:16] | If things got messy, | 如果事情变得糟糕 |
[26:18] | I wasn’t sure I could keep trucking. | 我不知道我是否能继续前行 |
[26:20] | You didn’t want a relationship holding you back | 你不想有一段感情来阻挠你 |
[26:22] | from doing what you love most. | 做你最爱做的事情 |
[26:25] | Yeah, that’s… | 是 那是… |
[26:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:31] | Thank you for talking to me. | 谢谢你和我聊天 |
[26:33] | – That’s it? – That’s it. | -就这样吗 -就这样 |
[26:39] | My dad taught me. | 我爸教我的 |
[26:40] | He knew I’d always be competing against men. | 他知道我常常要和男性竞争 |
[26:43] | Wanted me to have some measure of control. | 想让我学点控制手段 |
[26:47] | You’re gonna do great things. | 你会成就一番伟大的事业 |
[26:54] | Whatever you heard in that meeting made you squeamish. | 无论你在见面时听到了什么都让你动摇了 |
[26:58] | You know what Rhoades is, Bryan. | 你知道罗兹是什么样的人 布莱恩 |
[27:01] | You know he should be out of a job. | 你知道他应该被罢职 |
[27:04] | And I know you made that call. | 我知道是你打的电话 |
[27:20] | You rang, boss? | 你找我 老板 |
[27:39] | I need you to reach out to Boyd and set up a meeting. | 我需要你去联系博伊德 安排一次会面 |
[27:43] | Just the two of you? | 就你们俩吗 |
[27:49] | This is what the warrant was setting up. | 这就是搜查的原因 |
[27:51] | Second wave. | 第二波攻击 |
[27:55] | Where’s the meeting? | 在哪会面 |
[27:56] | Not in our offices. We’re not there yet. | 肯定不在我们办公室 我们还没走到那一步 |
[27:58] | No. No, he picks the spot. | 不 不 他选地方 |
[28:03] | I come to him. | 我去找他 |
[28:05] | I even ask him for something. | 我甚至会问他要点东西 |
[28:07] | Trying to hoist him on his own… | 让他自掘坟墓… |
[28:10] | No. It doesn’t matter what I ask for. | 不 我要什么不重要 |
[28:17] | You know, the best way to bond with someone | 与人结交最好的方式 |
[28:19] | isn’t doing a favor. | 不是帮助别人 |
[28:20] | It’s asking for one. | 是寻求帮助 |
[28:22] | That’s the Franklin Effect. | 这叫富兰克林效应 |
[28:24] | You make the other person feel valued, | 你让别人觉得自己有价值 |
[28:26] | like you’ve given them power… | 好像你给予了他们力量… |
[28:28] | so you won’t hurt them. | 你就不会伤害他们 |
[28:31] | Now, that’s how I need Boyd to feel. | 这就是我要让博伊德体会到的感受 |
[28:42] | Now, isn’t this a literary club? | 这难道不是一个文学社吗 |
[28:44] | I’ve written a book — | 我写过一本书 |
[28:46] | “Steady at the Helm.” | 《稳舵》 |
[28:47] | Sure. | 是的 |
[28:48] | I tore through it in one sitting. | 我一口气就把它撕开了 |
[28:50] | The club motto actually comes from a poem. | 文学社的座右铭实际上来自于一首诗 |
[28:53] | “In the afternoon, they came onto a land…” | “下午 他们果然到达了一块陆地…” |
[28:56] | Where they assumed a supine position and sucked each other’s dicks. | 然后他们仰卧着互舔 |
[29:02] | That’s Tennyson, right? | 那是丁尼生的诗 对吧 |
[29:04] | More or less. | 差不多吧 |
[29:06] | What’s the topic, Chuck? | 你想聊什么 查克 |
[29:10] | The state of war we’re in | 聊聊我们现在的战况 |
[29:14] | and what you can do to end it. | 以及你能如何终结它 |
[29:15] | I don’t write polite letters. | 我不玩文字游戏 |
[29:17] | I don’t like to plea-bargain. | 我不喜欢诉讼交易 |
[29:19] | I like to fight. | 我喜欢战斗 |
[29:21] | You sure you want to take life advice from Roy Cohn? | 你确定要学罗伊·科恩吗 |
[29:21] | 罗伊·科恩 纽约最高法院法官 曾为川普的法律顾问 | |
[29:24] | He got things done, and he was a generous man. | 他能成事 而且他是个大方的人 |
[29:28] | Mentored Trump, mentored me. | 指导了川普 指导了我 |
[29:32] | What have you grown in your shade? | 你的身后又有谁呢 |
[29:34] | I have all the king’s men arrayed behind me. | 所有人民公仆都站在我身后 |
[29:38] | And yet a tentative hold on your commission. | 然而你的位置却摇摇欲坠 |
[29:42] | Yes, the AG is not very happy with me, | 是的 检察长对我不太满意 |
[29:45] | yet she seems to like you for some reason. | 她却不知为何挺喜欢你 |
[29:48] | Maybe because I don’t turn a man’s house | 也许是因为我没有毫无原因地 |
[29:51] | upside down for nothing | 把别人家翻个底朝天 |
[29:53] | just so other people will look at me. | 好让其他人注意到我吧 |
[30:00] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[30:02] | I don’t have much on Spartan-Ives. | 我没找到什么斯巴坦-艾弗斯的把柄 |
[30:06] | I’m here to ask a favor. | 我是来请你帮忙的 |
[30:15] | You have a strong compliance department. | 你有一个强有力的合规部门 |
[30:19] | I was hoping that you might put on an internal investigation. | 我希望你可以开展一场内部调查 |
[30:24] | Make it look like you’re responding to my pressure. | 让其看起来像是迫于我的压力才开展的 |
[30:27] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做呢 |
[30:29] | Because, after a year or so, | 因为 大概一年之后 |
[30:31] | when your investigation is over, | 当你的调查结束时 |
[30:34] | my office signs off on it. | 我的部门将会认可这项调查 |
[30:36] | I declare I’ve cleaned up Wall Street, | 我就宣称我已经清理了华尔街 |
[30:39] | and you crow about how you’ve swept the rogue elements | 而你就吹嘘自己清扫了 |
[30:43] | out of your own shop. | 内部不法分子 |
[30:46] | It’s a win all around. | 这是共赢 |
[30:49] | Not if I have to wait a year. | 如果要我等一年就不是共赢 |
[30:50] | I want to get out from under this immediately. | 我要立刻脱身 |
[30:53] | I am not taking this with me | 我不想在夏天坐船去昂蒂布的时候 |
[30:55] | on the boat off Antibes this summer. | 还烦恼着这件事 |
[31:01] | Then what can you give me now? | 那你现在能给我什么呢 |
[31:05] | How about this? | 这样如何 |
[31:07] | There are a few mid-level guys | 有几个中层人员 |
[31:09] | my compliance department has flagged. | 已经被我的合规部门盯上了 |
[31:12] | What if I sacrifice them? | 如果我牺牲他们呢 |
[31:15] | Well, that might give me the cloak I need to move on. | 那也许能给我一个进行下去的好借口 |
[31:21] | Yeah. And you would get to fire them for cause | 没错 你也有理由辞退他们 |
[31:23] | and save three months’ severance. | 还能省下三个月的离职赔偿金 |
[31:25] | Six. | 六个月 |
[31:27] | You are munificent. | 你真是慷慨 |
[31:32] | And thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:33] | Have your guy call mine. | 让你的人打电话给我下属 |
[31:35] | They can coordinate press releases. | 他们能帮忙协调新闻发布会 |
[31:52] | All right, 90-second cool down. | 好吧 90秒放松时间 |
[31:58] | Go. | 开始吧 |
[31:59] | Rachman pulled his bid for the team. | 拉赫曼撤销了对球队的竞价 |
[32:01] | Couldn’t afford it or knew it was going another way? | 是买不起 还是知道拼不过 |
[32:03] | Someone let the league know about his FCPA issues, | 有人让联盟知道了他的海外腐败问题 |
[32:06] | and with you and Bensinger splashed all over the papers, | 还有现在各版头条都是你和本辛格 |
[32:08] | he didn’t want to drown in your rising tide. | 他不想枉死在你们刀下 |
[32:11] | There’s only one other bidder left, and it’s a group. | 只剩下另一个竞价者了 而且是个团体 |
[32:13] | He can’t afford it solo. | 他一个人买不起 |
[32:15] | Are you ready for some football? | 准备好要玩橄榄球了吗 |
[32:17] | Yes, I am. | 是的 准备好了 |
[32:19] | Let’s finish this. | 让我们来收尾吧 |
[32:20] | Will you draft the Giving Oath letter? | 能帮我起草一下加入捐赠誓约的稿子吗 |
[32:23] | – What do you want in there? – The usual stuff… | -你想写什么 -一般的东西… |
[32:24] | – …good for people, communities. – Got it. | -有利于人民有利于社会 -懂了 |
[32:26] | And when it’s done, you give it to Bill to read to the world. | 写完后 让比尔读给全世界人听 |
[32:29] | Gates or Clinton? | 比尔·盖茨还是比尔·克林顿 |
[32:30] | Either. | 随便 |
[32:32] | Both. | 都要 |
[32:37] | You always were a fucking pisser, Lara. | 你总是那么麻烦 萝拉 |
[32:40] | Little Lara fucking Benjamin. | 小萝拉·班杰明 |
[32:42] | She’s not Benjamin anymore. | 她不再是班杰明了 |
[32:44] | She’s aristocratic now. | 她现在是贵族了 |
[32:46] | No. What I’m not is little. | 不 我只是不小了 |
[32:49] | I’m all grown up. | 我已经长大了 |
[32:51] | You serious about this? | 你是认真的吗 |
[32:53] | Can you hook it up? | 你能帮忙牵线吗 |
[32:54] | Sure. I know just the right girl. | 当然 我刚好认识一个女孩 |
[32:56] | I think she graduated, she’s certified, everything. | 我想她毕业了 她有证书 样样齐全 |
[32:59] | I don’t think she passed the test. | 我想她并没有通过考试 |
[33:00] | Either way, she’s the right girl. | 不管怎样 她是你要找的人 |
[33:04] | Mercy Squad? | 仁慈小队 |
[33:04] | Yeah, that’s what it’s called, | 是的 就是叫这个名字 |
[33:07] | but I need it to stay all the way quiet. | 但我需要这事不要走漏了风声 |
[33:14] | Hey, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[33:16] | You’re family. | 你是家人 |
[33:17] | To pay the girl. | 是给那个女孩的钱 |
[33:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:24] | Anything for Dean’s little sister. | 为迪恩的妹妹做任何事都可以 |
[33:27] | To Dean. | 敬迪恩 |
[33:38] | Rhoades reached out to me. | 罗兹联系了我 |
[33:42] | Did you cut off his hand? | 你砍了他的手吗 |
[33:47] | You did the other thing. | 你跟他握手言和了 |
[33:49] | You would have cut off his hand, right? | 换作你会砍了他的手 对不对 |
[33:53] | That’s me. | 那是我的风格 |
[33:57] | I have another source I can check to be sure it’s legit. | 我还有个渠道可以再确认一下这是合法的 |
[33:59] | I’ll be careful. | 我会小心一点的 |
[34:01] | You better be. | 你最好这样 |
[34:05] | Your advice was appreciated, and it wasn’t wrong, | 谢谢你的建议 你说的没错 |
[34:08] | but ask a barber if you need a haircut, | 但是如果你问理发师你是否需要理发 |
[34:10] | he’s always gonna say yes. | 他永远会说是 |
[34:12] | I asked a warrior. | 我咨询的是一个勇士 |
[34:14] | But not everyone out there’s a savage. | 但不是外头的所有人都是野蛮人 |
[34:17] | Rhoades opened his eyes to the bigger picture. | 罗兹开阔视野看到了大局 |
[34:32] | Are we playing it too safe? | 我们玩得太保守了吗 |
[34:33] | These are just the initial questions | 这只是我打算一开始 |
[34:35] | I’m gonna be asking Axe. | 问阿克斯的一些问题 |
[34:37] | I’m giving him a little Rumble in the Jungle at first. | 我先给他来一点山雨欲来风满楼 |
[34:39] | Bomaye. | 然后干掉他 |
[34:40] | Yeah. I’m gonna do all that, | 你明白的 等到取证时 |
[34:42] | you understand, at the deposition. | 我会彻底搞定他的 |
[34:45] | But I got to say it again — You shouldn’t come. | 但我还是要再说一遍 你不应该去 |
[34:48] | It should be cold, clinical. | 应该很严肃客观 |
[34:50] | You’re worried I’ll say something. | 你担心我会说些什么 |
[34:52] | Yes, I am. | 是的 没错 |
[34:54] | Anything unscripted from you | 你临场发挥的任何话 |
[34:55] | could put you in an even deeper hole. | 都会让你陷入更深的坑中 |
[34:57] | I won’t say a word. | 我一句话都不会说的 |
[34:58] | Well, then, why come? | 那为什么还要去 |
[35:01] | Trust me, it’ll have value. | 相信我 我去是有价值的 |
[35:03] | My mere presence will make Axelrod stumble. | 我只要一出现就会让阿克斯罗德结巴 |
[35:06] | It’s too risky. | 这太冒险了 |
[35:08] | I don’t want the whole thing becoming a circus. | 我不想让这整件事变成一场闹剧 |
[35:10] | Just let me bore him into fucking up. | 就让我烦死他吧 |
[35:13] | Come! | 进来 |
[35:16] | I’m sorry. I thought you were alone. | 抱歉 我以为你是一个人 |
[35:17] | That’s okay. I could use a cup of coffee. | 没事 我可以去喝杯咖啡 |
[35:27] | What’s on your mind? | 你在想什么 |
[35:34] | My father. | 我的父亲 |
[35:36] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[35:39] | He isn’t who I thought. | 他不是我想的那种人 |
[35:42] | Well, every child in the history of the world | 有史以来世上的所有小孩 |
[35:44] | has learned that. | 都经历过这个 |
[35:45] | I’m not naive. | 我不是幼稚 |
[35:46] | No, never thought you were. | 不 我从来没这么觉得 |
[35:48] | But when he gave me advice, | 但当他给我建议时 |
[35:50] | I looked at it through a certain prism… | 我像透过一个棱镜似的 |
[35:55] | knowing that he had integrity. | 看到他心里是真诚的 |
[35:58] | Now I… | 现在我… |
[36:01] | I find out he has a pile of money offshore. | 我发现他在海外有一笔巨款 |
[36:05] | Legal tax avoidance, | 合法避税 |
[36:08] | but he has always sold himself to me | 但是他总在我面前摆出 |
[36:11] | as somebody who doesn’t avoid. | 一副没有避税的样子 |
[36:18] | Don’t be so hard on your old man. | 别难为你的老爹 |
[36:24] | Reach out to him. | 和他沟通一下 |
[36:27] | Don’t keep the disappointment inside. | 别把失望憋在心里 |
[36:29] | Let him know what’s going on. | 告诉他出了什么事 |
[36:35] | So, you got a few sacrificial | 所以你有一些 |
[36:37] | Spartan-Ives shitheads | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯的傻子当牺牲品 |
[36:42] | that nobody had heard of yesterday | 过去没人听说过 |
[36:45] | and nobody will remember tomorrow. | 以后也没人会记得 |
[36:48] | You sure that’s enough to save your job? | 你确定这足够挽回你的工作吗 |
[36:52] | But be careful, ’cause that kind of directness | 但是小心些 因为这种率直 |
[36:54] | is a change of pace. | 是步调的一种改变 |
[36:56] | I did the best I could. | 我已经尽力了 |
[36:58] | That’s what there was to get. | 这已经是最好的结果了 |
[37:00] | It can’t be where you live. | 你可不能满足于此 |
[37:03] | You’ll need to keep going after Boyd. | 你得继续追查博伊德 |
[37:05] | No. You can’t get blood from a C.E.O. | 不 你没法让首席执行官出血的 |
[37:09] | If I’m out of a job, then I can finally earn | 如果我没了工作 那我最终会拿到 |
[37:12] | some of that money everyone’s always talking about. | 那些大家一直挂在嘴边的钱 |
[37:16] | Okay, Sonny. | 好吧 儿子 |
[37:19] | I’m sure you know what you’re doing. | 我确信你知道自己在做什么 |
[37:31] | You have to protect the parent-child relationship. | 你必须保护父女之间的感情 |
[37:35] | Anyone else in the world will fuck you over — | 这世上的其他人都会坑你 |
[37:40] | friends, lovers… | 朋友 爱人 |
[37:42] | bosses. | 老板 |
[37:49] | No, your father is the one person | 而你父亲是唯一一个 |
[37:51] | you’re gonna be able to count on when it matters. | 你能在关键时刻依靠的人 |
[38:01] | Soft 6? | 打六个球 |
[38:03] | No. You can swing free. | 不 你可以随意挥杆 |
[38:11] | You can swing free, and not just here. | 你可以随意挥杆 不只是在高尔夫球场 |
[38:15] | Chuck meant what he said. | 查克说到做到 |
[38:19] | The investigation’s over? | 调查结束了吗 |
[38:23] | And you’ll put in a word for him with the AG? | 你会在检察长面前为他说话的吧 |
[38:28] | He’s showing a real awareness of the landscape. | 他确实能很好地看清局势 |
[38:30] | You must be proud. | 你一定很骄傲 |
[38:32] | I’ve always been proud. | 我一直都很骄傲 |
[38:34] | Now I’m happy for him. | 现在我为他高兴 |
[38:45] | Elena’s brilliant… | 埃琳娜很聪明 |
[38:47] | ideal for research… | 非常适合科研 |
[38:51] | …but not a fit for the program. | 但是不适合这个项目 |
[38:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:59] | She’s a leaver, a ghost. | 她是个逃离者 一个鬼影 |
[39:03] | She’s never faced real adversity, | 她从未面对过真正的逆境 |
[39:05] | never had to deal with terrible consequences. | 从未处理过糟糕的结果 |
[39:06] | When something goes wrong in space, as it always does, | 当太空里出了事 而太空里总是会出事 |
[39:10] | she’s gonna crack. | 她会崩溃的 |
[39:13] | So, your judgment is what? | 所以你的意见是什么 |
[39:16] | She needs a trip to the shaker room. | 她需要去一趟模拟仓 |
[39:18] | Who among us doesn’t? | 我们谁又不需要呢 |
[39:19] | Reject her. | 否决她 |
[39:21] | If she comes crawling back, reject her again. | 如果她回来 再次否决她 |
[39:23] | If six months later, she makes another attempt, | 如果六个月后她又来了 |
[39:26] | stress test her once more. | 就再给她做一次压力测试 |
[39:28] | I can’t wait to run my next candidate by you | 我等不及你帮我测试下一个候选人了 |
[39:30] | so we can do this all over again. | 我们好把这个过程重温一遍 |
[39:34] | I’m not sure I’m gonna be available. | 我不确定我有没有空 |
[39:38] | I’ve realized I like working with people, | 我意识到我喜欢与人一起工作 |
[39:40] | not just judging them. | 而不只是评价他们 |
[39:43] | That’s not all it is. | 这不是全部 |
[39:51] | Look… | 你看 |
[39:53] | we all have to chase our truest calling. | 我们都得追求最真实的使命 |
[39:59] | Mine is to make this universe traversable | 我的使命是让遨游宇宙成为现实 |
[40:04] | and to leave this company a living organism | 并让这个公司在曼提柯尔9号 |
[40:06] | that can thrive long after I’ve gone off on Manticore-IX. | 载着我离开之后能依然保持活力 经久不息 |
[40:13] | To do that, I need stewards. | 为了达成这个目标 我需要宇航员 |
[40:18] | That’s not what you’re looking for me to do. | 那不是你想找我做的 |
[40:22] | You’re asking me to sort people into one box or another, | 你要我把人一一分类 |
[40:25] | like a second-rate Freud, which — | 就像一个二流的弗洛伊德 |
[40:28] | which is Freud. | 其实就是弗洛伊德 |
[40:28] | Anyone with a DSM-V and a label maker can do that. | 有本精神医学手册和标签机 谁都能干 |
[40:33] | I don’t want distance. | 我不想要距离 |
[40:35] | I like getting messy. | 我喜欢杂乱 |
[40:39] | The power of the instant — that’s what excites me. | 瞬间的力量 才能让我兴奋 |
[40:42] | Ice into steam — or back. | 就像冰变成蒸气 或者反过来 |
[40:46] | Is this a test? To see if I come crawling back? | 这是个测试吗 看看我会不会退缩 |
[40:50] | No. | 不 |
[40:52] | I don’t test people that way. | 我不这样测试别人 |
[41:07] | But… | 但是… |
[41:09] | if you ever decide | 你要是想解决自己的问题 |
[41:10] | to grapple with why you feel happiness | 弄清楚为何自己 |
[41:12] | for you can only exist light-years away | 会因为只能在数光年之外存在 |
[41:15] | or in the company of | 或是身处一个全都是 |
[41:17] | hairless 21-year-old girls, | 21岁短发女孩的公司而感到开心 |
[41:21] | come see me. | 再来找我 |
[41:23] | We can fix that quick. | 我们能很快解决这些问题 |
[41:33] | Holy shit. | 我去 |
[41:34] | No. | 不是吧 |
[41:36] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[41:37] | Dan Wolfe just got popped for aggravated pimping. | 丹·乌尔夫刚刚因为严重淫媒罪被捕了 |
[41:40] | Mercy Squad nurses were turning tricks. | 仁慈小队的护士们在出卖肉体 |
[41:42] | One of them solicited sex from a PM at Vista Verde. | 其中一个跟维斯塔角的一个产品经理搞上了 |
[41:53] | Hey, babe. | 亲爱的 |
[41:55] | How’d you do it? | 你怎么做到的 |
[41:58] | I told you — I’m a businesswoman. | 我告诉过你 我是个商人 |
[42:02] | That you are. | 说得没错 |
[42:05] | Love you. Bye. | 爱你 再见 |
[42:07] | You should really put a bocce court in. | 你真应该在这楼里放个硬地滚球场 |
[42:09] | This floor is so level, it’s a waste not to. | 这地板真是太平坦了 不做球场浪费了 |
[42:12] | I’m kicking myself I didn’t think of that. | 没想到这个我都后悔了 |
[42:14] | Thanks for taking the meeting. | 感谢你能参加这个会议 |
[42:15] | Anything for Bruno. | 为了布鲁诺我做什么都乐意 |
[42:18] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[42:21] | Thank you, Bruno. | 谢谢你 布鲁诺 |
[42:22] | Sure. | 不用 |
[42:25] | Do your best. | 尽力吧 |
[42:26] | – Yeah. – Right. | -好 -好的 |
[42:29] | This is incredible. What do you put in it? | 这真是太棒了 你放什么进去了 |
[42:31] | Dough, sauce, cheese. | 面团 酱 芝士 |
[42:33] | That’s insane. What’s, like, your secret ingredient? | 太疯狂了 这是你的秘密配方吗 |
[42:35] | Well, I start with the dough | 我从面团开始 |
[42:37] | and a little sauce and then cheese. | 然后加了一点酱和芝士 |
[42:40] | Huh. Awesome. | 太棒了 |
[42:42] | Keep it up. | 坚持下去 |
[42:46] | He called you Marco out there. | 他在外面叫你马尔科 |
[42:48] | I go by Marc outside the family. | 在家族外我用马克这个名字 |
[42:49] | – Uh-huh? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[42:51] | I shortened it. | 我把名字缩短了 |
[42:52] | Yeah, no, I get that. | 不是 这个我明白 |
[42:55] | Me, I’m proud of where I come from. | 我本人非常以家乡为骄傲 |
[42:57] | Oh, I’m intensely proud of my people. | 我也非常以我的家乡人民为骄傲 |
[42:58] | That’s why I’m here. | 这正是我来这里的原因 |
[43:02] | Are we waiting for someone? | 我们还要等谁吗 |
[43:03] | No. | 不用 |
[43:05] | Sit. | 坐吧 |
[43:09] | So… tell me. | 那么 你告诉我 |
[43:13] | Aside from your pride, | 除了你的骄傲感 |
[43:15] | why would I ever put any of my money | 我为什么要把我的钱 |
[43:18] | in your corner of the state? | 投到你家乡那个角落 |
[43:20] | Sandicot’s downtown is ripe for redevelopment. | 桑迪科特县中心准备好进行改造了 |
[43:23] | Buildings waiting to be razed | 大楼等待着被拆除 |
[43:24] | and replaced with LEED-certified condos | 并被绿色建筑认证的公寓楼取代 |
[43:26] | and a city council on which I sit… | 还会有座新的市政厅 |
[43:30] | …which is highly motivated to — | 这些会给我们带来动力… |
[43:31] | Okay. What you’ve just described — | 好了 你刚刚所说的 |
[43:34] | and no offense, since I know it’s your home — | 我无意冒犯 我知道那里是你的家乡 |
[43:36] | but what you’ve just described is a shithole. | 但你所描述的是个鸟不拉屎的地方 |
[43:40] | The whole county’s on the edge of default. | 整个县处在债务违约的边缘 |
[43:42] | It’s not called a distressed debt because we’re thriving. | 那不是不良债务 因为我们正在发展 |
[43:46] | You get to buy it cheap — pennies on the dollar. | 你可以低价买入 就付一点点钱 |
[43:49] | Yeah, more like millions on hundreds of millions. | 是吗 那可是好几亿呢 |
[43:52] | Well, think of that upside. | 想想好处吧 |
[43:54] | Look, I get offers like this every day. | 我每天都有这样的生意机会 |
[43:59] | The only reason you got through this door — | 你能进来的唯一原因就是… |
[44:00] | I know. And I don’t expect you to do this deal | 我明白 而且我并不指望 |
[44:02] | as a favor to my uncle. | 你因为帮我叔叔才同意投资 |
[44:04] | I expect you to do it because of the casino. | 我希望你是因为赌场 |
[44:07] | You buried the lede, kid. Come on. | 原来你没说重点 快说吧 |
[44:09] | Okay. Tell me about the casino. | 好 跟我说说赌场 |
[44:11] | It’s gonna be paradise. | 它将会是一座天堂 |
[44:14] | Monte Carlo. | 像蒙特卡罗[以赌场闻名的摩洛哥城市]那样 |
[44:16] | You never been to Monte Carlo, have you? | 你从没去过蒙特卡罗 对吧 |
[44:20] | It’s the Sandicot of the Riviera. | 它就是利维拉的桑迪科特 |
[44:30] | Tell me. | 告诉我吧 |
[44:33] | Okay, I don’t care if you spit or swallow. | 我不管你是要吐出来还是咽下去 |
[44:34] | Just don’t keep me waiting. | 别让我等着 |
[44:36] | The faucet’s back on. | 水龙头又有水了 |
[44:38] | It worked? | 管用了 |
[44:39] | Overnight. | 一夜之间 |
[44:42] | So, what do you want me to do now? | 所以现在要我做什么呢 |
[44:44] | Am I going to have to wear a wire? | 我要装窃听器吗 |
[44:47] | You’re gonna be a hero. | 你要当英雄了 |
[44:48] | Talk soon. | 很快会找你的 |
[44:53] | Spartan-Ives is back to rigging Treasury auctions. | 斯巴坦-艾弗斯又开始操控财政部拍卖 |
[44:57] | We’ve got a beachhead. | 我们抢滩登陆成功 |
[44:59] | Sometimes you just got to trust people to be who they are. | 有时你得相信人就是本性难移 |
[45:05] | Every time I think maybe I’m caught up… | 每次我觉得我陷入了困境… |
[45:07] | Mm. Long time in this racket. | 混得久了 |
[45:11] | Still impressive. | 依然很厉害 |
[45:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:15] | Come on. Let’s hit the Gorilla truck. | 走吧 买点汉堡吃 |
[45:16] | No, I’m not gonna watch you eat a number five. | 不 我不要看你吃那个 |
[45:19] | Onions and — Unh-unh. | 洋葱还有 |
[45:21] | Stay here and have some hand salad. | 待在这吃点手工沙拉吧 |
[45:23] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[45:25] | Do me this favor. | 帮个忙 |
[45:31] | Do you think they really have the inside track with Albany | 你觉得他们在奥尔巴尼真的有内部关系 |
[45:32] | – on a gaming license? – I don’t want to guess. | -能弄到博彩牌照吗 -我不想猜 |
[45:35] | I want you to know so that I know. | 我想要你查清楚然后告诉我 |
[45:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[45:39] | And if it checks out, | 如果证实了 |
[45:41] | you know, that’s the kind of giving I can get behind. | 我就能跟进投资 |
[45:43] | I mean, this is how all charities should work. | 所有的慈善都应该这样 |
[45:45] | You mean benefiting you more than anybody else? | 你是指你比别人受益更多 |
[45:50] | As much as. Not more. | 一样多 不是更多 |
[45:57] | People noticing you have a new favorite. | 人们注意到你有新宠了 |
[45:59] | They’re not happy about it. | 他们并不高兴 |
[46:01] | Anybody who makes me money is my favorite. | 谁能给我赚钱我就喜欢谁 |
[46:05] | Uh, look, Axe, I know I’m late. | 阿克斯 我知道我迟到了 |
[46:08] | Take a seat. You missed the Sandicot meeting. | 坐吧 你错过了桑迪科特会议 |
[46:10] | – I’m sorry. – Went fine without you. | -对不起 -没你也挺好的 |
[46:15] | Take a fucking seat. | 他妈给我坐下 |
[46:18] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[46:21] | Why are wearing sweatpants? | 你为什么穿着运动裤 |
[46:24] | Could you… | 你能不能 |
[46:26] | Steph, step out, please. | 斯特 请出去 |
[46:36] | I woke up in a hotel this morning. | 我今早在酒店醒来 |
[46:38] | You’re living in the fucking Pierre. | 你住在皮尔 |
[46:40] | This was the Americana Suites, | 是个美洲套房 |
[46:43] | some shit dive next to Port Authority, | 在港务局旁潜水 |
[46:46] | with my ass on fire. | 屁股火辣辣的疼 |
[46:48] | And… | 然后 |
[46:51] | I saw I had a tattoo. | 我看见我有个纹身 |
[46:55] | On your ass? | 屁股上 |
[46:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[47:00] | You got an ass tattoo? | 你在屁股上纹身 |
[47:03] | All evidence points to that being the case. | 所有证据都表明是的 |
[47:09] | I need to see it. | 我要看 |
[47:11] | You want to — | 你想 |
[47:12] | No, don’t want to. | 不 才不想 |
[47:13] | No. I need to. | 不 我要 |
[47:25] | What the fuck is that? | 这是什么鬼 |
[47:28] | Is that Yosemite — | 那是优胜美地吗 |
[47:29] | I think so. | 应该是 |
[47:32] | I was a fan. | 我以前是粉丝 |
[47:37] | I’m sending you somewhere. | 我要把你送走 |
[47:41] | Please, not rehab. | 不要去康复中心 |
[47:43] | No, not rehab. | 不是康复中心 |
[47:46] | Well, you know what Dr. Sarno says about that kind of pain. | 你知道萨诺医生是怎么描述这种痛苦的 |
[47:52] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[47:58] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[48:05] | I’ll buzz you in. | 我给你开门 |
[48:08] | I am so sorry. I need one second. | 非常抱歉 我需要一会 |
[48:16] | Want to hear a funny story? | 想听好笑的故事吗 |
[48:18] | Not really. | 不怎么想 |
[48:19] | I need help. | 我需要帮助 |
[48:23] | Did he send you? | 他让你来的吗 |
[48:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[48:26] | But it’s not for him. I really do need help. | 不过不是为了他 我真的需要帮助 |
[48:29] | You’ve always needed help. | 你总是需要帮助 |
[48:31] | What’s different now? | 这次有什么不同的 |
[48:48] | I don’t even remember how I got it. | 我都不记得我怎么纹上的 |
[48:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[48:59] | Mnh-mnh. Not today. | 今天不行 |
[49:01] | I’m no longer available to you on standby. | 我不再是随时待命了 |
[49:05] | So you want me to call and schedule an appointment? | 你想我打电话预约吗 |
[49:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[49:10] | Like a fucking grown-up. | 像个成年人那样 |
[49:14] | I can do that. | 可以 |
[49:24] | I knew you’d reach out. | 我就知道你会联系我 |
[49:26] | Cooperating was always the smart move. | 合作是明智的选择 |
[49:33] | You think I tipped you? Prove it. | 你觉得是我给你的消息 证明它 |
[49:38] | You think I had a moment of moral confusion, | 你觉得我的道德观有一瞬间动摇了 |
[49:41] | forgetting why I do what I do and who for? | 忘记了我所做的 忘记了是为了谁 |
[49:43] | Prove it. | 证明它 |
[49:46] | You think Chuck screwed up? | 你觉得查克搞砸了 |
[49:48] | Earn your 150k… | 赚你的15万 |
[49:49] | You’re making a mistake. | 你正在做错误的选择 |
[49:51] | …and prove it. | 证明它 |
[49:53] | Chuck Rhoades has proven shit no one should be able to. | 查克·罗兹证明了没人证明得了的东西 |
[49:57] | And if he were going after this case, | 如果他追查这个案子 |
[49:58] | he would have the target nailed, dead to rights. | 他一定会拿下目标 罪证确凿 |
[50:01] | But Chuck is lucky | 但查克很幸运 |
[50:03] | because he’s not being chased by himself. | 因为他不是在被自己追查 |
[50:06] | He’s being chased by you. | 而是被你追查 |
[50:09] | Nearer, My God, to Thee. | 更近我主 |
[50:12] | Back the fuck off. | 滚一边去 |
[50:14] | That was the last song the band played on the Titanic, | 那是乐队在泰坦尼克号上演奏的最后一曲 |
[50:17] | and it is a dreary tune. | 凄凉的曲调 |
[50:21] | I offered you a lifeboat. | 我给你一艘救生艇 |
[50:23] | You picked up a violin. | 你却拿起了小提琴 |
[50:26] | Happy fiddling, Bryan. | 玩得开心 布莱恩 |
[51:15] | You flinched. | 你畏缩了 |
[51:31] | Mr. Axelrod, good day. | 阿克斯罗德先生 早上好 |
[51:33] | I’m Ira Schirmer, attorney for Charles Rhoades Jr. | 我是艾拉·谢莫 小查尔斯·罗兹的律师 |
[51:40] | I’ll be asking you a few questions. | 我会问你几个问题 |
[51:43] | Orrin Bach for Robert Axelrod. | 奥林·巴赫 罗伯特·阿克斯罗德的律师 |
[51:46] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[51:48] | Rock and roll. | 放马过来吧 |
[51:49] | Let’s go on the record. | 开始记录 |
[51:53] | You assert that Mr. Rhoades harassed you — | 你声称罗兹先生骚扰你 |
[51:55] | I’m sorry. Can we go off the record? | 抱歉 可以暂停记录吗 |
[51:59] | I just wanted to say, you did a great job rebuilding. | 我只是想说 你的重建工作做得真不错 |
[52:05] | Sometimes I laugh myself to sleep at night | 有时候我想到 |
[52:07] | just thinking about you ripping the place apart. | 你把这里拆得天翻地覆 半夜都能笑醒 |
[52:10] | Hey, Chuck. | 查克 |
[52:11] | You know, I never think about it. | 我就从来没想过那事 |
[52:13] | But then, of course, I’m not alone at night. | 不过也是 我晚上不会孤枕难眠 |
[52:15] | Let’s go back on the record. | 继续记录 |
[52:21] | You assert that Mr. Rhoades harassed you. | 你声称罗兹先生骚扰你 |
[52:22] | Off the record. | 暂停记录 |
[52:26] | Where are you sleeping now? | 你现在都在哪睡呢 |
[52:27] | Bobby. | 波比 |
[52:29] | Suitable accommodations. | 合适的住处 |
[52:31] | Mm-hmm. Who paid for it — me or Daddy? | 是吗 谁付的钱 自己还是你老爹 |
[52:33] | We all know Uncle Sam pays you shit. | 国家反正屁也没给你 |
[52:35] | It was me. | 当然是自己 |
[52:37] | Found some loose change in the cushions. | 沙发靠垫底下找到些零钱 |
[52:39] | Is this going to happen or — | 还要继续吵吗还是 |
[52:40] | Back on the record. | 继续记录 |
[52:45] | You assert that Mr. Rhoades harassed you. | 你声称罗兹先生骚扰你 |
[52:47] | How do you know he didn’t have a legitimate reason | 你怎么知道他来你的办公室 |
[52:49] | to be in your office? | 没有合法理由呢 |
[52:50] | Well, it was the middle of the night. | 当时是半夜 |
[52:52] | He didn’t come with a SWAT team, not even a subpoena. | 他没带突击小队 连张传票都没有 |
[52:54] | It was just him, trying to intimidate me. | 只有他自己 试图恐吓我 |
[52:58] | But his wife works for you. | 但他的妻子在你这工作 |
[52:59] | He could have been coming to see her. | 他可能是来看望她 |
[53:00] | His wife had quit working for me. | 他妻子当时已经辞职了 |
[53:08] | So, are you saying you did or didn’t intercede with the police | 你是否为了你的员工米克·丹泽 |
[53:11] | and bribe them regarding your employee, Mick Danzig? | 向警察求情并贿赂他们 |
[53:14] | – I… – Objection. | -我 -反对 |
[53:15] | This is a deposition. Objections are waived. | 这是取证 不能反对 |
[53:17] | Except to form. | 对形式上可以 |
[53:19] | That was a compound question. | 这是个复合问题 |
[53:19] | 指在一个问题以”且””或”等方式组合多个子问题 却只允许简单的答案 | |
[53:21] | I can answer. | 我可以回答 |
[53:22] | A smart man listens to his lawyer. | 聪明人该听律师的 |
[53:25] | I’ll rephrase. | 我重新措辞 |
[53:27] | Did you bribe the police regarding Mick Danzig? | 你是否为米克·丹泽贿赂了警察 |
[53:32] | Look, this whole thing is about what he did. | 这整件事只和他的所作所为有关 |
[53:36] | That question isn’t. | 而这个问题不是 |
[53:38] | So you’re declining to answer? | 所以你拒绝回答 是吗 |
[53:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[53:40] | An element of your claim is damages. | 你的诉求包含了损害赔偿 |
[53:42] | Are you willing to open up your books | 你愿意公开账簿 |
[53:45] | to show the concrete monetary damages | 指出你因此事所遭受的 |
[53:47] | you’ve supposedly incurred? | 财产损失吗 |
[53:49] | Yes, I have damages. | 是的 我要求了损害赔偿 |
[53:50] | No, I am not willing to show my books at this time. | 但现在我不愿意公开账簿 |
[53:54] | Ah, so then you must not be asserting actual damages? | 所以你诉求的并非实际损失 |
[53:58] | You’re saying that your damages | 你的意思是你的损失赔偿额 |
[53:59] | can be presumed from Mr. Rhoades’ actions? | 可以由罗兹先生的行为推定出来是吗 |
[54:02] | Right. | 是的 |
[54:04] | Right. | 好 |
[54:05] | Legally, we call these mental or emotional damages. | 法律上 这一类称作精神或情感损害赔偿 |
[54:10] | So… | 所以 |
[54:12] | are you saying Chuck hurt you mentally, | 你是说查克在精神上伤害了你 |
[54:13] | or are you saying he hurt you emotionally? | 还是在情感上伤害了你 |
[54:30] | I’d like to take a break. | 我需要休息一下 |
[54:32] | Oh, you don’t want to announce to the whole Street | 你不想让整个华尔街都知道 |
[54:34] | that Chuck hurt your feelings? | 查克伤害你感情了吗 |
[54:36] | He got into your head, threw you off your game? | 他影响你心情了 导致你生意没做成 |
[54:38] | Turn the camera off. We’re taking a break. | 把摄像机关了 我们要休息 |
[54:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[54:54] | Sanford Bensinger is on the phone. | 桑福德·本辛格电话找你 |
[55:02] | Sandy. | 桑迪 |
[55:04] | We call it the Giving Oath because you fucking swear it. | 捐赠誓约之所以有此称呼 是因为你发誓了 |
[55:07] | Do you understand what an oath is? | 你懂什么叫誓约吗 |
[55:09] | I do. | 我懂 |
[55:11] | I do, and I’ve already begun moving on what we discussed, | 我懂 而且我已经开始着手了 |
[55:15] | and actually, I was gonna reach out to you | 其实我正要联系你 |
[55:18] | to talk about structuring a trust. | 讨论设立信托基金的事呢 |
[55:20] | You mean a photo op? | 你是说摆拍造势吗 |
[55:22] | Maybe in costume. | 不如换身戏服 |
[55:23] | Me as John the Baptist, | 我扮施洗约翰 |
[55:25] | you as the Son of Man. | 你扮人类之子 |
[55:26] | Hey, look, Sandy, I’m as — | 听我说 桑迪 |
[55:29] | I’m as upset as you are | 我们的碰面被曝光 |
[55:31] | that our meeting got tipped off to — | 我和你一样气愤 |
[55:33] | Do me the courtesy of not lying again on this phone call. | 饶了我吧 别再扯谈了 |
[55:36] | I do not appreciate being used. | 我不喜欢被利用 |
[55:40] | I got to be where I am by connecting the dots, | 我能走到今天都是靠自己一步一步 |
[55:43] | scores of randomly placed ones. | 抓住机遇 脚踏实地 |
[55:46] | The NFL is turning you down. | 橄榄球联盟拒绝你了 |
[55:51] | I asked for the favor of telling you myself. | 我主动请缨亲自来告诉你 |
[56:01] | They’re, um… | 他们 |
[56:05] | They’re really gonna walk away from the highest bid? | 他们真的会拒绝最高出价吗 |
[56:08] | Sports franchises are how we knight people in this country. | 球队经营权属于我们这些有骑士精神的人 |
[56:12] | And you’re not royalty. | 而你没有 |
[56:14] | You’re a robber baron. | 你就是个强盗资本家 |
[57:12] | We’re talking about damages. | 谈损害是吧 |
[57:17] | I have actual, concrete, monetary ones. | 我可遭受了实际的财产损失了 |
[57:24] | You cost me a professional football team. | 你毁了我的职业橄榄球队 |
[57:30] | Can we go back on the record? | 我们继续记录吧 |
[57:32] | Actually, I think we need a break now. | 我想我们需要休息一下 |
[57:36] | No. Let’s continue. | 不 继续 |
[57:37] | A wise man always listens to his lawyer. | 聪明人该听律师的 |
[57:40] | I keep my own counsel. Let’s keep going. | 用不着你来说 接着来 |
[57:42] | Fucking right, we will. | 那当然了 |
[57:47] | Fire away. | 放马过来吧 |