时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Bobby fucking Axelrod. Man of the people. | 他妈的波比·阿克斯罗德 形象亲民 |
[00:14] | We’re gonna put him in a cell. The gloves are off. | 我们要把他送进监狱 现在动真格的了 |
[00:16] | We do whatever it takes. | 我们要不惜一切代价 |
[00:19] | Your value to the firm is absolute. | 你对公司的价值是不可替代的 |
[00:21] | I’ve been working there since before we were married | 我们结婚之前我就在那上班了 |
[00:23] | and long before you were in office. | 比你当职还早得多 |
[00:25] | I take care of my people. | 我会照顾好我的兄弟 |
[00:26] | When Mick Danzig gets tackled on his lawn | 就像米克·丹泽在草坪上被逮捕时 |
[00:28] | with a machine gun, | 手上还端着把机关枪 |
[00:29] | I make the problem go away. | 我摆平了那件事 |
[00:30] | You don’t get to where I am | 要是承受不了巨大的风险 |
[00:32] | without tolerating a lot of risk. | 你就达不到我现在的成就 |
[00:34] | We. Where we are. | 是我们 我们的成就 |
[00:37] | I made some decisions. | 我做了一些决定 |
[00:39] | You shuttered it, the restaurant and the farm. | 你把餐厅和农场都关了 |
[00:41] | Let’s go! Everybody out! | 快点 所有人都出去 |
[00:43] | You married a criminal. | 你嫁给了一个罪犯 |
[00:45] | Walk away from the shame. Divorce his ass. | 离开这耻辱 跟他离婚吧 |
[00:48] | You want me to pressure my husband to back off. | 你要我给我丈夫施压让他让步 |
[00:50] | – You know I can’t do that. – Why not? | -你知道我不能这么做 -为什么不能 |
[00:52] | From here on in, I tell you your position in this, | 从现在开始 我告诉你在这里的位置 |
[00:56] | if you have one at all. | 前提是你还有一席之地 |
[00:59] | Your boss got that bogus information on Axe and the cops | 你老板是偷看他老婆的私人笔记 |
[01:03] | by accessing his wife’s private notes. | 拿到了阿克斯和警方的虚假消息 |
[01:06] | You betrayed my trust. | 你背叛了我的信任 |
[01:07] | You sit there and you try to claim moral high ground. | 而你坐在那 试图占领道德高地 |
[01:10] | while you go on working at a criminal organization | 却继续在一个犯罪组织工作 |
[01:12] | I claim it? | 我占领道德高地了 |
[01:13] | and you can’t even fucking admit it to yourself. | 而你连承认这一点都做不到 |
[01:16] | I tell you about my issues with Danzig, | 我跟你说了我和丹泽的事 |
[01:18] | and then there’s a fucking investigation underway! | 然后还不到48小时就已经开始立案调查了 |
[01:21] | I didn’t sell you out. | 我没出卖你 |
[01:24] | Polygraph me, motherfucker. | 给我做测谎 你个混蛋 |
[01:26] | When I get back, | 在我回来之前 |
[01:28] | be gone. | 给我滚 |
[01:30] | Case is terminated. | 这个案子到此为止 |
[01:34] | Come work for Bach’s firm on my account. | 去巴赫的律所 为我的公司工作 |
[01:39] | I didn’t hear “No.” | 你没有拒绝 |
[01:41] | I am so sorry to have doubted you. | 我很抱歉我怀疑了你 |
[01:44] | Your bonus. | 你的奖金 |
[01:45] | I was planning to give you two million. | 我本来打算给你两百万 |
[01:47] | It just went up to five. | 现在我要提到五百万 |
[01:47] | 费奇曼银行 五百万美元已到账 | |
[01:49] | I quit, Bobby. | 我辞职 波比 |
[01:51] | I can’t be in denial about what this place is, | 我再也无法否认这里是什么地方 |
[01:53] | what you are, any longer. | 你是什么样的人 |
[01:57] | You know the only enemy more dangerous | 知道吗 只有一种敌人 |
[01:59] | than a man with unlimited resources… | 比手握无限资源的敌人更危险 |
[02:04] | is one with nothing to lose. | 那就是一个一无所有的人 |
[02:07] | And that is what you are looking at | 而这个人就站在 |
[02:09] | right here. | 你面前 |
[03:05] | Sorry about the hour. | 这么晚了 不好意思 |
[03:09] | You never have to say that to me. | 你不用跟我客气 |
[03:14] | In many ways, this place made me. | 从很多方面讲 这个地方成就了我 |
[03:16] | Sit. | 坐吧 |
[03:23] | There’s nowhere that the stark difference | 没有什么地方比这里更能 |
[03:25] | between winners and losers is more clear. | 突显胜者与败者的区别了 |
[03:31] | I have called you here tonight to tell you | 今晚我打电话叫你到这里来 |
[03:33] | how we are going to win. | 是要告诉你我们将怎样取胜 |
[04:19] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[04:24] | Pardon me. We got to get to work, babe. | 不好意思 我们得工作了 宝贝 |
[04:26] | Don’t “Babe” me here. | 别叫我”宝贝” |
[04:27] | No one’s opening the doors till Axe says to open the doors. | 除非阿克斯发话 不然谁也别想开门 |
[04:31] | Three fucking weeks working out of my living rooms, | 窝在客厅里工作了三个星期 |
[04:33] | I’m creaming to get in there. | 我迫不及待想回这里来了 |
[04:35] | First one in the lot this morning. | 我是今早第一个到停车场的 |
[04:36] | You showed up early to take a look around, didn’t you? | 你来那么早是为了进去转一圈 对吗 |
[04:39] | See what really caused this. | 看看真相到底是什么 |
[04:40] | Unless you believe that whole | 除非你真的相信那套 |
[04:41] | “Fire extinguisher malfunction flood” bullshit. | “灭火器故障导致了发大水”的鬼话 |
[04:44] | – You won’t stop with this. – Come on. | -你别没完没了的 -拜托 |
[04:46] | – That was no heart attack. – Who had a heart attack? | -又不是心脏病 -谁得心脏病了 |
[04:49] | Clemenza. Only he didn’t. | 克莱门扎 只有他没得过 |
[04:50] | The Rosato brothers killed him, | 罗萨托兄弟杀了他 |
[04:51] | and he’s saying this is like that. | 他的意思是这个也差不多 |
[04:53] | It is questionable. Fire systems have automatic cutoffs. | 这可不一定 消防系统有自动切断机制 |
[04:55] | We weren’t even allowed in to get our stuff. | 我们甚至不能进去拿自己的东西 |
[04:58] | I know what you know. | 我知道的不比你们多 |
[04:59] | I heard Axe went kind of nuts. | 我听说阿克斯好像发疯了 |
[05:01] | Who the fuck asked you? | 谁他妈问你话了 |
[05:02] | If Axe says it was a system malfunction, that’s what it was. | 如果阿克斯说是系统故障 那就一定是 |
[05:15] | Go time, yeah? | 到时间了吧 |
[05:17] | We need Wags. | 我们要等瓦格斯 |
[05:20] | Do we? | 一定要吗 |
[05:22] | We don’t let the animals back in until their keeper is here, too. | 驯兽师没来就不能放野兽们进来 |
[05:27] | On it. | 明白 |
[05:50] | You must defend your lapels. | 你必须保护你的衣领 |
[05:51] | Put your elbow inside the knee and work the elbow escape. | 把肘放进膝内 然后再出肘 |
[05:54] | Yeah, I’ll do all that next time. | 好 我下次试试 |
[05:56] | When you can master moves like this, | 当你熟练掌握了这种技巧 |
[05:58] | you can generate offense out of defense, | 你就能化防守为进攻了 |
[06:00] | even off your back. | 甚至反败为胜 |
[06:24] | Showtime, folks. | 到我上场了 |
[06:28] | He’s waiting on you. | 他在等你 |
[07:06] | Donna! | 唐娜 |
[07:08] | Please take this out of here. Give it to some — | 请把这个拿出去 送给哪个… |
[07:10] | Sorry, sir. I was trying to stop him. | 抱歉 先生 我拦不住他 |
[07:11] | I’m Oliver Dake, Office of Professional Responsibility. | 我是职业责任办公室的奥利弗·戴克 |
[07:15] | OPR. And not just here for a regular review | 职责办 还不是例行检查 |
[07:18] | or you would have set up an appointment. | 不然你就会提前预约了 |
[07:19] | Correct. We are quite comfortable | 没错 在这种情况下 |
[07:21] | not giving advance warning in cases like this. | 我们觉得不提前通知比较合适 |
[07:24] | – And what sort of — – An investigation into your recent conduct. | -具体是… -对你最近行为的调查 |
[07:27] | – Well, that sounds serious. – Oh, it is. | -听起来很严肃 -没错 |
[07:30] | I bet you’d like the use of an office. | 我想你可能需要间办公室 |
[07:32] | I would. | 是的 |
[07:34] | Follow me. | 请跟我来 |
[07:43] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[07:48] | So you were warned. | 所以有人提醒了你 |
[07:51] | Don’t for a moment think it gives you an advantage. | 别以为这样你就能占什么便宜 |
[07:54] | Who even thinks on those terms? | 谁想占便宜来着 |
[07:56] | I have nothing to hide. You’ll receive full cooperation. | 我没什么可隐瞒的 会完全配合你的 |
[07:58] | With it, without it, I’ll find out what’s true. | 不管怎样 我会找出真相的 |
[08:01] | Know that. | 记住这一点 |
[08:03] | I’ll count on it. | 希望如此 |
[08:11] | Yeah, it’s Dake. Where are we at on the Rhoades work-up? | 是我 戴克 对罗兹的调查怎么样了 |
[08:15] | You know what? | 要不这样吧 |
[08:16] | Let’s add tax returns to the data that… | 我们把报税情况也加入调查数据 |
[08:24] | – It’s time, Wags. – Almost. | -到时间了 瓦格斯 -还差一点 |
[08:26] | I don’t want this to turn into The Who in Cincinnati. | 我可不想出谁人乐队那种事 |
[08:44] | Lead them in. | 带他们进来吧 |
[08:47] | Now you fuckers know how much you miss this place | 现在你们这群混蛋知道 |
[08:49] | when you can’t have it. | 自己有多么想念这个地方了 |
[08:54] | No electronics, personal or otherwise, | 除了一部手机 任何其它电子设备 |
[08:57] | beyond a phone will come or go. | 不准带进来 也不准带出去 |
[09:00] | All employees will be issued magnetic ID bracelets | 所有员工必须佩戴磁性身份手环 |
[09:03] | that will be necessary for entry and exit through the turnstiles. | 用于出入闸机 |
[09:07] | People ask me what money can’t buy. | 人们总是问我有什么是金钱买不到的 |
[09:11] | In public, I say some sort of bullshit like, | 在公共场合 我会说一些哄人的屁话 |
[09:14] | “Love and its many splendored so forth.” | 像是”爱和其它美妙的东西是买不来的” |
[09:17] | The real answer — | 真正的答案 |
[09:20] | Not much. | 没什么是金钱买不到的 |
[09:22] | And the best thing is it gives me access | 金钱所能给予我最好的礼物 |
[09:24] | to the world’s most fascinating people. | 就是能让我认识世界上最优秀的人 |
[09:27] | Like our next speaker, | 就像我们下一位演讲人 |
[09:30] | the finest performance coach there is. | 最出色的绩效教练 |
[09:33] | I’d advise you to give her your full attention. | 我希望大家能关注她 |
[09:37] | But I don’t have to. | 但是我不必特意提醒大家 |
[09:39] | She’ll get it. | 她一定会得到大家关注的 |
[09:41] | It’s what she does. | 这就是她的本事 |
[09:43] | Dr. Wendy Rhoades. | 温蒂·罗兹医生 |
[09:58] | Performance. | 绩效 |
[10:00] | That’s a loaded word. | 这是一个沉重的词 |
[10:02] | Scary. Lot of pressure. | 可怕 很大压力 |
[10:05] | Not for me. | 对我来说不是 |
[10:11] | You can perform? | 你绩效不错是吗 |
[10:12] | Fucking right I can. | 说的没错 |
[10:14] | Come back to my office and try me. | 不信来我办公室试试 |
[10:15] | – Never had any complaints. – Nice. | -从来没人抱怨我 -不错 |
[10:24] | You know, they say a trained professional | 有人说 一位训练有素的专家 |
[10:26] | can always tell when someone’s lying. | 总是能看出别人是否在说谎 |
[10:29] | That’s an exaggeration. We don’t always know. | 这话有点夸张了 我们不是总能看出来 |
[10:32] | But right now, I do. | 但是现在我能看出来 |
[10:36] | You’re lying. | 你在说谎 |
[10:40] | Covering. | 掩饰 |
[10:42] | We all get complaints, right? | 我们都会被别人抱怨 对吗 |
[10:46] | Struggle for you is you remember the complaints, don’t you? | 你的内心矛盾就是 其实你记得那些抱怨 |
[10:50] | They lodge deep. | 它们藏得很深 |
[10:52] | They haunt you. | 萦绕在你心间 |
[10:56] | Because you want to believe you’re perfect. | 因为你想要相信自己是完美的 |
[10:59] | But you know you’re not. | 但是你知道自己并不完美 |
[11:04] | That’s why two billion dollars’ worth of these babies | 这就是为什么这种小东西 |
[11:08] | are sold every year. | 每年有20亿美元的销售额 |
[11:12] | Because they bring reassurance that when the time comes, | 因为每逢关键时刻 它能为你带来安慰 |
[11:17] | you can step up. | 告诉自己”你可以的” |
[11:19] | Some of you take them. | 你们其中就有些人服用这个 |
[11:21] | A little blue steel is nothing to be ashamed of. | 蓝色小药片没什么好羞耻的 |
[11:23] | But if I threw this bottle into the audience right now, | 但如果我现在把这瓶药扔下去 |
[11:26] | no one would grab it. | 没有人会接 |
[11:27] | The thought that someone might know you need help | 害怕可能会被人知道你需要帮助 |
[11:32] | is worse than not getting the help you need. | 比没能获得应得的帮助更加糟糕 |
[11:34] | Still, when the time comes, | 不过 时机成熟时 |
[11:38] | when you need to pull the trigger | 当你要决定 |
[11:40] | on the buy or sell order, | 买入还是卖出时 |
[11:42] | you better be hard as a rock and ready to go, | 你最好坚如磐石 信念坚定 |
[11:45] | because that is the tour you’ve signed on for. | 因为你所选择投身的事业就是那样 |
[11:50] | Millions of years ago, | 数百万年前 |
[11:52] | a meteor hit the Earth and brought on an ice age. | 一颗流星撞击地球 导致冰河世纪的到来 |
[11:54] | And even the mightiest T. Rexes | 即使是最强大的霸王龙 |
[11:56] | were reduced to fucking skeletons. | 也他妈的只剩下骨骸 |
[12:00] | A meteor is screaming toward this room right now | 有颗流星正呼啸着 朝这个房间 |
[12:06] | and all the rooms like it. | 以及所有相似的房间袭来 |
[12:08] | The entire hedge-fund industry is under siege. | 整个对冲基金行业都身陷重围 |
[12:16] | We deserve it. | 我们活该 |
[12:19] | We’ve acted as if it would go on forever. | 我们自以为这一行业会永存 |
[12:23] | Even as shitty returns, | 即使糟糕的回报 |
[12:25] | the outflow of institutional money, | 机构资金的外流 |
[12:27] | and the rise of quant funds have lighted the way to our demise, | 以及量化基金的崛起点亮了我们的灭亡之路 |
[12:32] | we have willfully refused to change. | 我们仍固执地拒绝改变 |
[12:37] | In the great expanse of time, we are already dead. | 在浩瀚的时间长流中 我们的生命转瞬即逝 |
[12:40] | I know it even if you don’t. | 我知道 即使你们不知道 |
[12:44] | But in this microsecond that we are still breathing air, | 但当下 在这一微秒 我们还活着 |
[12:49] | I’m gonna fight the inevitable. | 我要与那不可抗争抗争 |
[12:52] | If you have a card in front of you, | 如果你前面有张纸板 |
[12:53] | pick it up, hold it in front of your face. | 拿起来 放在面前 |
[12:59] | If this room represents all the hedge funds in business, | 如果这房间代表着整个对冲基金行业 |
[13:03] | the uncovered faces | 没遮住脸的人 |
[13:06] | are the only ones left in 18 months’ time. | 将是十八个月后仅剩的幸存者们 |
[13:09] | I made it. | 我活下来了 |
[13:11] | Is that right, Mafee? | 是吗 玛菲 |
[13:13] | You made it? | 你活下来了 |
[13:14] | Because this was a random fucking exercise, | 这他妈只是个随机练习 |
[13:18] | and I don’t see any evidence at all that you’re gonna! | 我也没看到任何你能活下来的证据 |
[13:24] | Put your fucking cards down. | 把纸板放下来 |
[13:28] | Trust almost killed Axe Capital. | 信任差点毁了阿克斯资本 |
[13:33] | And that is never gonna happen again. | 这种事永远不会再发生 |
[13:36] | Things got a little too free and fucking easy around here. | 这儿的工作有点自由轻松过了头 |
[13:40] | And to eliminate the possibility | 为了消除任何可疑信息 |
[13:42] | of any questionable information passing from any of you to me, | 从你们那里传递到我这里的可能性 |
[13:46] | all future conversations will be held | 今后所有的对话都将在 |
[13:48] | in the presence of my Chief of Staff, Stephanie Reed. | 我的首席顾问斯特凡尼·里德在场的情况下进行 |
[13:52] | And I mean all. | 我指所有情况 |
[13:54] | If you see me at the coffee machine, | 如果你在咖啡机边看到我 |
[13:56] | you wait until Steph is there before you pitch me the cream. | 你等到斯特来了再给我奶油 |
[14:03] | I am a survivor. | 我是名幸存者 |
[14:06] | And I will do whatever it takes | 我会用尽一切代价 |
[14:10] | to avoid my fate. | 以逃避我的命运 |
[14:14] | Ask yourselves… | 你们扪心自问 |
[14:17] | Are you? | 你们呢 |
[14:20] | You have an amazing level of insight | 你对我们对冲基金投资人的想法 |
[14:22] | into how we hedgies think. | 有着相当深入的了解 |
[14:24] | Well, if I didn’t after the time I put in — | 如果在阿克斯待那么久还不足以做到… |
[14:27] | With Axe. | 和阿克斯 |
[14:30] | – Yes. – I don’t mean Axe Capital. | -对 -我说的不是阿克斯资本 |
[14:32] | I mean Bobby himself. | 而是波比本人 |
[14:36] | You’ve had sessions with him. | 你给他做过咨询 |
[14:37] | You must understand at a molecular level almost | 你肯定对他每一个举动背后的原因 |
[14:40] | why he does what he does. | 了如指掌 |
[14:43] | Well, I’m not talking about a rising market. | 我说的不是上涨行情时的情况 |
[14:46] | I mean, we all know how to trade | 我们都知道情势好的时候 |
[14:47] | once we get a little mo-mo going. | 该怎么交易 |
[14:48] | But when things get a little choppy, | 但是当行情起伏不定时 |
[14:51] | does he steer into the skid | 他会漂移过弯激进冒险 |
[14:52] | or does he retreat to look at alternatives? | 还是全面撤退另辟蹊径 |
[14:57] | I thought you’d overpaid me. | 我本以为你的钱给多了 |
[15:00] | But if that’s what you’re really looking for, | 但如果那才是你真正想知道的事情 |
[15:02] | you weren’t even close to the number. | 你给的钱离那价格还差得远 |
[15:04] | The number doesn’t exist. | 而那价格也不存在 |
[15:06] | I’d never sell him out. | 我从未出卖过他 |
[15:10] | You passed the test. | 你通过了考验 |
[15:13] | Do I get the whole chocolate factory now? | 那我可以得到整个巧克力工厂吗 |
[15:15] | Yes, you do. | 是的 |
[15:17] | I thought I wanted to bring you on full time, | 我本以为只是想让你来这全职工作 |
[15:19] | but now that I know I can trust you, | 但我现在知道我可以信任你 |
[15:21] | I’m certain I do. | 我确定我可以 |
[15:25] | That makes one of us, Todd. | 可我不确定 托德 |
[15:28] | I’m already set up in an office of my own starting to see clients. | 我已经设立自己的办公室 开始接待客户了 |
[15:31] | Is that permanent? | 那是永久的吗 |
[15:33] | I’m not sure. Yet. | 我还不确定 目前来说 |
[15:35] | I’m keeping my options open. | 我想留点回旋余地 |
[15:38] | Is that a lie? | 你在撒谎吗 |
[15:42] | I hope not. | 希望不是 |
[15:44] | Anyway, why don’t you just keep an open mind, | 无论如何 你何不多加考虑一下 |
[15:49] | and let’s find something to collaborate on soon, okay? | 看我们能否尽快达成合作 好吗 |
[16:05] | I have information. | 我有情报 |
[16:08] | – Got your homework ready? – Yep. | -作业带了吗 -带了 |
[16:10] | All right. I got to drop some papers off at the development office. | 好 我去校开发办送些文件 |
[16:13] | I’ll see you guys at pickup. | 放学见 |
[16:14] | – Okay. – Have a good day. | -好的 -祝一天愉快 |
[16:16] | – Bye, Mom. – Bye. | -妈妈 再见 -再见 |
[16:20] | Help! Help! Katie fell on the floor! | 救命 救命 凯蒂晕倒了 |
[16:26] | – What’s going on? – I’m calling 911. | -出什么事了 -我来打急救电话 |
[16:29] | – What happened? – She came in with nausea, | -什么情况 -她来的时候就恶心 |
[16:31] | threw up in my office. She’s having a seizure. | 在我办公室吐了 她癫痫发作了 |
[16:32] | She’s in anaphylaxis. | 她这是过敏反应 |
[16:35] | Epi-pen. | 肾上腺素笔 |
[16:35] | That’s why hysterical moms aren’t school nurses. | 这就是为什么关心过度的妈妈不是学校护士 |
[16:37] | We don’t give adrenaline unless the allergy — | 我们不会随便注射肾上腺素除非过敏… |
[16:38] | She needs a rescue shot. She carries one. | 她需要一针急救针 她带了一只 |
[16:41] | I need an ambulance to the Horace School right away, please. | 贺拉斯小学需要救护车 请快点 |
[16:45] | Okay. All right. | 好的 好了 |
[16:47] | Okay, honey. | 好了 亲爱的 |
[16:49] | Listen, you’re having a reaction, | 你刚刚出现了过敏反应 |
[16:50] | but I got you, all right? | 但已经没事了 好吗 |
[16:52] | Just breathe for me. | 慢慢呼吸 |
[17:02] | Michael, thank you. | 迈克尔 谢谢 |
[17:03] | Why don’t you go walk the perimeter? | 你去周边巡查巡查 |
[17:12] | Word out of Washington | 华盛顿传出消息 |
[17:13] | is that Rhoades’ misconduct is being investigated. | 罗兹正因行为不检被调查 |
[17:17] | You somehow put that in motion? | 你居然促成这件事了 |
[17:20] | Look, when an enemy’s down on the field, | 当敌人在战场上倒下 |
[17:23] | you got to finish him. | 你需要去了结他 |
[17:25] | If this investigation hurts him, | 要是这次调查打击到他 |
[17:27] | we got to take it the rest of the way. | 我们得趁胜追击 把他拉下马 |
[17:29] | He’s really in your head. | 他还真是你眼中钉 |
[17:31] | As long as Rhoades is in that job, I’m not safe. | 只要罗兹还是那位置上 我就不安全 |
[17:35] | Hall, I want your guys all over it. | 哈尔 我希望你的人全力处理这件事 |
[17:37] | Bach, I want to file a lawsuit against him immediately. | 巴赫 我要立即对他提起诉讼 |
[17:39] | A smart woman once said, | 一位智慧女性曾说过 |
[17:39] | 此处指 珍妮特·兰金 1880-1973 美国国会第一位女性议员 | |
[17:42] | “You can no more win a war than an earthquake.” | “战争往往是两败俱伤” |
[17:45] | It’s what’s called for. How long to prepare it? | 总是要有代价的 需要多长时间准备 |
[17:49] | Bobby, détente can be good. | 波比 缓和一些会比较好 |
[17:54] | Like after the armistice, | 比如停战之后 |
[17:56] | the Europeans back in the cafés, drinking wine. | 欧洲人又回到咖啡厅 喝酒 |
[17:59] | – Making love. – Yeah. | -男欢女爱 -是的 |
[18:01] | And if they would have known the Germans were laying in wait, | 如果他们要是知道德国人还在严阵以待 |
[18:03] | arming up again, they would have been better off crushing them | 再次武装的话 他们就应该抓住机会 |
[18:06] | – when they had the chance. – With a suit comes publicity. | -一举击溃敌人 -诉讼一旦公开 |
[18:10] | Everything that happened gets dragged back through the press, | 之前的那些事又会被媒体大加报道 |
[18:12] | re-litigated. | 再遭诉讼 |
[18:13] | You get called a criminal every single day. | 每一天你都会被称为犯罪分子 |
[18:16] | Instead of how it is now? | 现在的状况就好吗 |
[18:19] | With the murky suggestion hanging over me, | 含沙射影的暗示包围着我 |
[18:21] | looming over every encounter? | 笼罩着每一次会面 |
[18:23] | Look, lots of people he’s crossed swords with | 许多跟他交过手的人都下台了 |
[18:25] | have gone away stuck and steaming. | 无法抽身 任由宰割 |
[18:28] | Most can’t even get a lawyer | 而且 大多数人 |
[18:29] | to take on an individual case of this nature. | 连接手这种个案的律师的都请不到 |
[18:31] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[18:33] | The downside’s too steep | 因为下坡路就像悬崖 |
[18:34] | and the upside’s too hard to see. | 而上坡路连看都看不见 |
[18:37] | And if you still hope to get Wendy back somehow, | 如果你还想让温蒂回来的话 |
[18:39] | I don’t see how this can help. | 这么做毫无益处 |
[18:40] | You said you had some information on that front. | 你说你在这方面有一些信息 |
[18:43] | Wendy and Rhoades remain separated. | 温蒂和罗兹仍然分居 |
[18:45] | Where is he living? | 他住在哪 |
[18:46] | The house. | 家里 |
[18:47] | Part of the time. | 有时候 |
[18:50] | She is, too, part of the time. | 她也是 有时候 |
[18:52] | – How? – They call it nesting. | -那怎么分居 -他们管这个叫巢居 |
[18:53] | It’s bullshit. | 纯是胡扯 |
[18:56] | I tried it for a few weeks between wives two and three. | 我以前跟我那些三妻四妾试过几个星期 |
[18:58] | Yes, the parents trade nights. | 父母轮流过夜 |
[19:00] | The children stay in the familial home. | 孩子们依然待在熟悉的家里 |
[19:02] | A utopian idea that’s supposed to impart a feeling | 这是一种乌托邦理念 为了使孩子们 |
[19:06] | of well-being in the young ones during a turbulent time. | 在混乱时期仍然能够感受得到幸福 |
[19:08] | Like I said, bullshit. | 就像我说的 还是胡扯 |
[19:11] | And Wendy was at Krakow Capital earlier today. | 而且温蒂今天早些时候在克拉科夫资本公司 |
[19:13] | – What? That fucker’s hired her? – Unclear. | -什么 那个混蛋聘请了她 -还不确定 |
[19:16] | If we’re not getting her back, | 如果我们请不她回来的话 |
[19:17] | I’ve heard about this guy, Lenny Gustaferson — | 我听说过这么个人 兰尼·古斯塔弗森 |
[19:19] | Dr. Gus. He is supposed to be badass. | 格斯博士 他可厉害了 |
[19:23] | I can’t believe she’s considering Krakow. | 我不相信她考虑去克拉科夫了 |
[19:25] | That’s a bucket shop. | 那就是个野鸡交易所 |
[19:28] | I want to know where she’s working, | 我要知道她在哪工作 |
[19:30] | the hours. | 以及工作时间 |
[19:31] | Hold off on that Gus guy until I say. | 我发话之前不许找格斯 |
[19:35] | Good. | 就这样 |
[19:38] | I know Katie. I know that she has the allergy. | 我认识凯蒂 我知道她过敏 |
[19:41] | How does a mother passing by know more than her? | 为什么一个路过的妈妈知道的比她还多 |
[19:43] | I can’t administer serious medication | 我不能因为某个富婆路过 |
[19:45] | – just because some rich lady stopped… – Stop talking. | -就使用危险药物 -别说了 |
[19:48] | Topher, I am not leaving my kids in the care of this idiot. | 托佛 我不能让这种蠢货照顾我的孩子 |
[19:52] | Are you gonna do it now, | 你是现在就作出决定 |
[19:53] | or do I have to call the rest of the board? | 还是等我给其余的董事会成员打电话 |
[19:54] | I get it, Lara, but we can’t do this thing bang-bang. | 我明白 萝拉 这不是说解决就能解决的 |
[19:56] | I need a licensed nurse on premises at all times. | 前提是我得有个全职的执业护士 |
[20:02] | Hey, Mo. It’s Lara. | 小魔 是我 萝拉 |
[20:05] | Look, I know you’re working nights, | 我知道你要值夜班 |
[20:06] | but I need your help. | 但是我需要你帮个忙 |
[20:07] | Can you come do a shift here at the Horace School right now? | 你现在能来贺拉斯小学轮个班吗 |
[20:11] | Oh, you’re the best. | 你最好了 |
[20:13] | My cousin will be here in 45 minutes. | 我表妹45分钟之后就到 |
[20:15] | I’ll cover until then. | 她到之前我来顶着 |
[20:16] | Fully licensed. | 全都有证 |
[20:21] | Bye. | 再见 |
[20:29] | It’ll take a long time to fill Bart Schooner’s seat | 找人接替巴特·斯库纳的刑事检控主管一职 |
[20:32] | as head of criminal prosecution. | 需要很长一段时间 |
[20:34] | Oh, at least 15 minutes until someone with a law degree | 直到有法学学位及有节制性饮酒习惯的人 |
[20:39] | and a controlled drinking habit stumbles in. | 踉跄着出现之前 至少要15分钟 |
[20:44] | Let me — Let me get serious. | 我还是 我还是言归正传 |
[20:45] | I just want to talk about Bart’s… | 我只是想说说巴特的 |
[20:49] | Head of Crim. Man. | 刑事主管 天哪 |
[20:51] | Plum perch. | 红得发紫的高位 |
[20:52] | Freaking launch pad to the private sector. | 简直就是跳槽去私企的最佳跳板 |
[20:54] | I mean, you land it, you’re minted. | 成功着陆 钞票就哗哗地来 |
[20:57] | Seven figures the day you leave. | 进门就是七位数年薪 |
[20:59] | How the hell do you get it? | 你是怎么办到的呢 |
[21:00] | There’s 75 AUSAs in here all going after it. | 这里有75个助理检察官争夺这个位置 |
[21:03] | You got to pay your dues. | 你得付出代价啊 |
[21:05] | Yeah. Big cases, ingeniously won. | 是啊 大案子 赢得巧妙 |
[21:09] | After years of dutiful service. | 尽职尽责好多年 |
[21:12] | Years and years. | 年复一年 |
[21:14] | So I’m too young? | 看来我还是资历太浅了 |
[21:16] | You’re getting that? | 你明白了吗 |
[21:18] | Too green. | 太嫩 |
[21:20] | It’ll go to an old hand like one of you two, then? | 看来是要落到你俩这种老手里了 |
[21:22] | “Experienced”, not “Old”. | 是经验丰富 不是老 |
[21:24] | Seasoned. | 老练 |
[21:27] | I’m out of scotch. | 我的威士忌喝完了 |
[21:29] | See, I order two at a time at these things | 我一次点两杯酒 因为我知道 |
[21:32] | because the waiters disappear like Houdini after the entrées. | 上过主菜之后服务员就会像胡迪尼一样消失了 |
[21:32] | 哈利·胡迪尼 魔术师 1887-1926 以脱逃术及特技表演著称 | |
[21:35] | You got to know that. Plan ahead. | 这点你们要记住 事先计划好 |
[21:37] | Smart. Seasoned. | 聪明 老练 |
[21:38] | Souses. | 机智 |
[21:40] | What I’d like to know is, | 我想知道的是 |
[21:41] | will Chuck still be the one handing out the job? | 以后还会是查克来分派工作吗 |
[21:45] | – The investigation. – Hell yeah. | -那个调查 -没错 |
[21:47] | They say Dake rides in on a pale horse. | 他们说戴克骑着死神的马来的 |
[21:50] | What do you think he’s got on Chuck? | 你觉得他手上有查克的什么把柄 |
[21:52] | Well, well, well. Three young apprentices | 三个小学徒 |
[21:54] | celebrating the departure of a colleague. | 正在为同事饯行 |
[21:58] | Sure. | 当然 |
[21:59] | But don’t they also want to put a foot in his ass and take his spot? | 他们难道不想背后捅刀再坐上他的位置吗 |
[22:05] | Oh, come on. | 别装了 |
[22:08] | You know Head of Crim is the hyperloop | 刑事主管这个位置 |
[22:10] | that propels you into whatever job you want next. | 可是把你送上下一份工作的捷径 |
[22:14] | How to get it — | 怎么得到这个位置 |
[22:16] | Let me tell you. | 我告诉你们 |
[22:18] | Our practices leave grooves over time. | 随着时间的累积我们这一行会留下沟槽 |
[22:22] | And eventually, those grooves become walls that box us in. | 最终 这些沟槽就成了我们的围城 |
[22:28] | So what I figured out recently is, | 所以我最近想出来的办法是 |
[22:32] | find another way. | 另寻出路 |
[22:36] | I found myself in a chess match in Washington Square Park | 我觉得自己仿佛就在华盛顿广场公园 |
[22:40] | with one of those hustlers | 跟那些若干年来坑游客钱的 |
[22:42] | who’s been taking tourists’ money for years. | 老千们一起比赛下象棋 |
[22:45] | A bit of a crowd had formed. | 围观群众越来越多 |
[22:47] | This was a hard-fought match. | 这是一场硬战 |
[22:51] | I had just gained an edge. | 我刚取得一点优势 |
[22:54] | I had an unstoppable waiting attack when I saw it happen. | 正当我等着致命一击时看到他出老千了 |
[22:59] | He swiped both my knights with one capture. | 他一步吃了我的两个马 |
[23:03] | Oh, the cheat was very well executed. | 那手法非常巧妙 |
[23:05] | I was about to go across the table at him. | 我想要翻过桌子和他对峙 |
[23:09] | To make sure he was banned from the park, | 让他从此无法进入公园 |
[23:11] | to exact retribution. | 狠狠地惩罚他 |
[23:14] | But then in an instant, I saw… | 但是瞬间 我发现 |
[23:18] | this was the chance to re-frame my entire approach. | 这正是我做出彻底改变的机会 |
[23:24] | So instead… | 所以相反地… |
[23:39] | I caught what you did. | 我看出你出作弊了 |
[23:42] | Takes practice to master something like that. | 这需要反复练习才能掌握 |
[23:44] | It’s to be admired in a sense, | 某种意义上说这也值得敬佩 |
[23:45] | but that is the last time you use it today. | 但是今天别再用这招了 |
[23:50] | I’m a man who could make things difficult for you, | 我可以让你很难堪 |
[23:53] | but I won’t. | 但我不会 |
[23:56] | As long as you’ll understand this. | 希望你能明白这点 |
[23:58] | Your next opponent is that boy. | 你的下一个对手是那个男孩 |
[24:05] | And I want him to have a very good time playing against you. | 我希望他能够享受和你对弈 |
[24:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:13] | The man thanked me. | 那个人向我致谢 |
[24:15] | Imagine that. | 想想一下那个场景 |
[24:18] | And I knew he wasn’t gonna cheat anyone else that day | 我知道他那天不会再骗别人 |
[24:21] | and would look over his shoulder thereafter. | 而且以后也会谨慎行事的 |
[24:24] | I had managed something better than payback. | 我得到的比回报更好 |
[24:29] | By acting with purpose and understatement, | 通过轻描淡写和有目标的行为 |
[24:31] | I had created a more just environment, | 我创造了一个更公正的环境 |
[24:34] | which is what I am asking of all of you. | 这正是我现在要求你们的 |
[24:40] | This is the new way. | 这是全新的方法 |
[24:45] | Well, how do you know if he did the right thing after you left? | 那你怎么知道你走后他是否做了正确的事 |
[24:50] | I sat on a nearby bench and watched a while. | 我坐在附近的长椅上 观察了一会 |
[25:12] | Thanks for coming. | 感谢你能来 |
[25:14] | I know you’ll think it’s worth the effort. | 我知道你会觉得这是值得的 |
[25:15] | – Quickly, Spyros. – Okay. | -长话短说 斯派罗 -好的 |
[25:18] | I always listen to the ground. | 我常常耳听八方 |
[25:20] | It’s how I got where I am. | 因此我才有今天的地位 |
[25:22] | – And? – An investigation has begun | -然后呢 -最近有一起关于 |
[25:24] | into your office’s methods and conduct, | 你办公室行为和管理的调查 |
[25:27] | focusing on an aborted bribery case against Axelrod. | 主要针对一起已经放弃的阿克斯罗德贿赂案 |
[25:31] | And the man leading the investigation | 这起调查的主要负责人 |
[25:34] | is dangerous and capable. | 很危险而且很有能力 |
[25:37] | A younger, even smarter version of me, | 一个更年轻 更智慧版的我 |
[25:41] | if you can conjure that for yourself. | 如果你能自行想象 |
[25:43] | I scarcely can. | 很难想象 |
[25:45] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[25:47] | Oliver Dake. | 奥利弗·戴克 |
[25:55] | Are we square now? | 我们两清了吗 |
[25:58] | Don’t serve rabbit food to an elephant and ask if he’s full. | 别以为这一点功劳就够了 |
[26:16] | Sir. | 先生 |
[26:18] | Would you get these fine young barristers another round? | 能为这些优秀的年轻律师再上一轮酒吗 |
[26:21] | – Of course. – Thank you. | -没问题 -谢谢你 |
[26:23] | Before I go and have a nightcap with Bart Schooner | 在我去和巴特·舒内尔喝夜酒 |
[26:26] | and get his thoughts on who should replace him, | 了解他心中接替他的最佳人选之前 |
[26:29] | let me speak to what’s hanging over the table | 让我说说现在你们和整个办公室 |
[26:31] | and this entire room. | 面临的威胁是什么 |
[26:33] | The investigation that Mr. Dake is conducting. | 戴克先生正在进行的调查 |
[26:41] | You all know how to handle yourselves. | 你们都知道该怎么做 |
[26:45] | I want you all to cooperate, | 我希望你们全力配合 |
[26:48] | to be truthful, of course. | 一定陈述事实 |
[26:54] | Because I don’t believe we have anything to worry about. | 因为我觉得我们没什么需要担忧的 |
[27:09] | See what he did? | 瞧他做了什么 |
[27:10] | We handle ourselves | 我们妥善处理 |
[27:11] | and Chuck gives someone Head of Crime. | 查克就会把刑事主管的位置给我们中的一个 |
[27:14] | Or we cooperate with Dake and try our luck | 或者我们和戴克合作碰碰运气 |
[27:16] | starting over with Chuck’s replacement. | 趁查克走人重新开始 |
[27:18] | Yeah, we saw what he did. | 我们看到他做了什么 |
[27:27] | And so you haven’t seen anything | 你从没见过这个办公室 |
[27:29] | that makes you think this office is acting | 有过任何你觉得 |
[27:31] | – in an out-of-bounds manner? – Ambiguous. | -越界的行为 -模棱两可的问题 |
[27:34] | Sharpen up the question so I can give you a good answer. | 问题指向性强一点我才能给你一个好答案 |
[27:36] | How would you describe Mr. Rhoades’ tactical approach? | 你怎么描述罗兹先生的策略方法 |
[27:39] | Effective. | 是有效的 |
[27:41] | And his understanding of the rules governing behavior? | 那么他对那些规范行为的规定的理解呢 |
[27:43] | I can’t speak to his state of mind. | 我无法说出他的想法 |
[27:47] | Let’s, uh… | 我们 |
[27:49] | Let’s switch gears for a moment. | 我们换个话题 |
[27:52] | Tell me about your meeting with Axelrod. | 说说你和艾克斯罗德会面的细节 |
[27:56] | The aborted settlement? | 中止的和解 |
[27:58] | No. Your private meeting. | 不是 你们私下的会面 |
[28:06] | You tell me how that is | 告诉我私下的会面 |
[28:08] | in any way relevant to your investigation. | 从哪方面和你的调查有关 |
[28:10] | I am investigating all misconduct, | 我要调查所有的不端行为 |
[28:13] | wherever it may be. | 不管在哪里发生的 |
[28:15] | And however an investigation may start, | 不管一项调查是如何开始的 |
[28:19] | once I’m in it, | 一旦我加入 |
[28:21] | I’m like a goddamned octopus — | 我会像该死的章鱼一样 |
[28:24] | tentacles out in every direction, looking, listening, | 探寻每个方向 观察 聆听 |
[28:29] | sucking up every bit of information that I can find. | 获取我能找到的任何一丝信息 |
[28:37] | Look, I reported that meeting | 听着 那次会面一结束 |
[28:39] | the second it was over, | 我就报告了 |
[28:42] | and I have the documentation to prove it. | 我有文件可以证明 |
[28:45] | You reported it the next day | 你第二天 |
[28:47] | in the afternoon. | 下午才报告的 |
[28:49] | First chance I got. | 一有机会我就报告了 |
[28:50] | Or maybe it took you that long to decide | 也许你花了那么久来权衡 |
[28:52] | what to leave in and what to leave out. | 说什么 不说什么 |
[28:55] | I left it all in. | 我全说了 |
[28:57] | Axelrod offered me a job. | 艾克斯罗德向我提供一份工作 |
[29:00] | This is at the pizzeria in Yonkers, yes? | 是在扬克斯的披萨店里说的吗 |
[29:03] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[29:04] | I turned it down. | 我拒绝了 |
[29:05] | Did you? | 你有吗 |
[29:06] | With no provers in the room, | 房间里没有证人 |
[29:08] | it’s only your word and his. | 这事只有你们俩知道 |
[29:10] | If I asked Axelrod, is that how he’d remember it? | 如果我问艾克斯罗德 他也会这么说吗 |
[29:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:48] | Ooh, nice space. | 房间不错 |
[29:50] | Contained. | 封闭的 |
[29:56] | I bet your patients must feel safe here. | 我猜你的病人在这一定觉得很安全 |
[30:05] | You gonna invite me to sit down? | 你不请我坐下吗 |
[30:07] | No. | 不 |
[30:19] | If you knew enough to make an appointment | 如果你都知道用假名预约 |
[30:21] | under an assumed name, you knew | 那你更应该知道 |
[30:22] | – I didn’t want to see you. – I knew you wouldn’t, | -我不想见你 -我知道你不会见我 |
[30:24] | but that’s not the same as not wanting to. | 但那和不想见不是一回事 |
[30:27] | Yes, it is. | 不 是一回事 |
[30:34] | There’s this thing that happens | 当我们共处一室时 |
[30:35] | when we’re in a room together. | 有件事就发生了 |
[30:38] | It always has, Bobby. It just flows like this. | 总是这样 波比 自然而然地发生 |
[30:43] | But I’m shutting it off. | 但是我得阻止它发生 |
[30:46] | I have shut it off. | 我已经阻止了 |
[30:50] | First, I apologized. | 首先 我道歉 |
[30:53] | But if it takes me sending you flowers every day, | 但如果得每天给你送花 |
[30:55] | Joe DiMaggio style, to prove it, I will. | 用乔·迪马吉奥的风格来证明的话 我会的 |
[30:58] | He did that after Marilyn was dead. | 他是在玛丽莲死后那么做的 |
[31:01] | Yours would have the same effect on me | 你那么做对我的效果 |
[31:02] | that his had on her. | 和他那么做对她的效果是一样的 |
[31:03] | But I need you back at Axe Capital. | 但是我需要你回阿克斯资本 |
[31:06] | Well, that’s not gonna happen. | 那是不可能的 |
[31:10] | Look, there are decisions I have to make | 就我可能采取的行动 |
[31:13] | over actions that I might take, | 有许多决定要做 |
[31:15] | and I have never had to do it without you. | 可我从未在没有你的情况下做过 |
[31:17] | The time to recognize that has long since passed. | 是时候承认那已经是老黄历了 |
[31:21] | We are at an inflection point. | 我们正处于一个转折点 |
[31:23] | We have to make big changes to the company. | 我们需要对公司做出大变革 |
[31:25] | We have to make it quickly. | 而且要快 |
[31:26] | And I am getting conflicting advice from my people. | 而我手下的人给我的意见都是互相矛盾的 |
[31:31] | The kind of things that | 就像是 |
[31:33] | I bounce off you and it all makes sense. | 我对你大发议论然后突然就说得通了 |
[31:38] | I know you well enough to tell you one thing. | 以我对你足够的了解 我告诉你 |
[31:40] | You’ll figure it out. | 你会想明白的 |
[31:42] | You’ll connect the dots, synthesize the information | 你会用世界上几乎没人会的方法 |
[31:44] | in a way few others in this world can. | 把那些点连接起来 将信息整合起来 |
[31:46] | You always do. | 你总是这样做 |
[31:47] | It’ll be an amazing thing to see. | 能够见证你这样做很棒 |
[31:48] | But I won’t be there to see it. | 但我不会在那见证这一切的 |
[31:52] | What, then? | 然后呢 |
[31:53] | This? | 就这吗 |
[31:57] | Just sit here in a nice, small, well-appointed office, | 就坐在这个狭小精致 设备齐全的办公室 |
[32:03] | listen to bullshit all day long | 天天听那些 |
[32:04] | from people who are half as smart as us? | 只有咱们一半聪明的人的屁话吗 |
[32:06] | I don’t know. I was thinking maybe another hedge fund. | 不知道 我在考虑去另一家对冲基金 |
[32:09] | Oh, is that right? | 是吗 |
[32:10] | Yeah, I was at another one the other day. | 是啊 那天我在另一家对冲基金 |
[32:12] | I won’t tell you which, so don’t ask. | 我不会告诉你是哪家的 所以不用问了 |
[32:14] | And the manager played some heavy game theory on me, | 那经理对我狠狠地玩了场博弈论 |
[32:17] | boxed me into a spot, essentially put himself | 将我逼入困境 而将自己置于 |
[32:20] | in a position to win no matter what I said. | 基本上无论我说什么他都会赢的境地 |
[32:22] | I know who it is. I can tell already by what you said. | 我知道他是谁 根据你的描述我就知道了 |
[32:24] | Well, I’m tired of being on the losing side of that paradigm. | 我厌倦了做那种范例的失败方 |
[32:27] | – He was looking to hire you? – Yeah. | -他想聘请你 -是的 |
[32:29] | That motherfucker is just trying to poach my most valued — | 那个狗娘养的想要挖走我最重要的… |
[32:32] | I’m not your anything. | 我不是你的什么东西 |
[32:38] | I’m not gonna kick you out. | 我不会赶你走 |
[32:41] | But I am asking you to respect my wishes. | 但是我希望你尊重我的意愿 |
[32:43] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[32:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:55] | And don’t send flowers. | 还有不要送花 |
[32:57] | Eva’s allergic. | 伊娃过敏 |
[33:04] | Gene therapy is finally bearing fruit. | 基因疗法终于开花结果 |
[33:05] | – There’s a great company — – Next. | -有一家很棒的公司 -下一个 |
[33:07] | We buy an algorithm. | 咱们买一个算法 |
[33:08] | I know a guy from Wharton… | 我知道一个沃顿商学院的家伙 |
[33:10] | We should go to cash, take some time off, and — | 我们应该回笼现金 休息一段时间 |
[33:13] | Okay, fuck this. Do any of you have juice with Raya? | 好了 去他大爷的 你们谁在用拉亚 |
[33:16] | I could build a model for it. | 我可以建个模型 |
[33:18] | I don’t want to invest in it. I want to get on it. | 我不想投资 我是想被邀请注册 |
[33:19] | – What is that? – High-end hookup app. | -那是什么 -高端约炮程序 |
[33:21] | – Tinder for the rich and famous. – That’s so reductive. | -是有钱人和名人的”陌陌” -太简化了 |
[33:25] | It’s exclusive, and it’s about connection. | 它是独一无二的 有关于共鸣的 |
[33:27] | I was saying with cash on hand — | 我觉得手上有了现金 |
[33:29] | Stop talking. | 别说了 |
[33:31] | I’m not gonna take any of this dog shit back to Axe. | 我不会把你们这些狗屎建议告诉阿克斯的 |
[33:33] | It’s time for you folks to sharpen your pencils, | 是时候削尖你们的铅笔 |
[33:35] | and you better come back with one Traci Lords of an idea. | 你们回来的时候最好带着奇希·劳尔兹式的主意 |
[33:38] | And if you need that fucking defined, here it is. | 如果需要定义一下的话 那就是 |
[33:40] | A barely legal, market-dominating, | 一个他妈的能够打法律擦边球 |
[33:42] | brilliant cocksucker of an idea. | 市场主导的 绝妙的主意 |
[33:53] | Thanks for working through lunch. | 谢谢你在午餐时间工作 |
[33:55] | I’ve got to dump five million shares | 我得以40美元的价格 |
[33:56] | of Bluudhorn Steel at 40. | 抛掉500万股布鲁赫恩钢铁 |
[33:58] | Problem is, the trade’s by appointment. | 问题是 交易必须事先预约 |
[34:00] | No broker will take all five million | 没有经纪人会全部吞下500万股 |
[34:02] | and guarantee my price, | 还能保证价格 |
[34:03] | so I’ve got five brokers | 所以我找了五个经纪人 |
[34:05] | selling a million each, | 每个人卖一百万股 |
[34:07] | and they don’t know about each other. | 他们互相并不知道对方 |
[34:08] | Are you sure about the way you’re unloading that? | 你确定要用这种办法抛吗 |
[34:10] | It’s kind of shady and not very efficient. | 有点可疑并且不是很有效率 |
[34:13] | They’ll find out and ding you later. | 他们会发现然后找上你的 |
[34:15] | I’ve got to get the price. | 我必须以这个价抛 |
[34:16] | You heard what Axe said. Survive or die. | 你听到阿克斯说的了 生存或是死亡 |
[34:20] | What if you create a zero-cost collar? | 如果你创造一组零成本期权呢 |
[34:24] | Use options to protect the sale. | 利用期权保护这笔交易 |
[34:27] | Buy $40 puts in Bluudhorn, | 以40美元价格买进布鲁赫恩的看空期权 |
[34:29] | then sell $45 calls to offset the purchase. | 再以45美元卖出看涨期权来对冲这笔交易 |
[34:31] | You’ve got free protection at $40. | 这样40美元的价格就受到了免费的保护 |
[34:33] | The maximum downside is protected. | 最大的不利因素得到保护 |
[34:35] | But now you can be patient, | 但是现在你就不用急了 |
[34:36] | and you don’t have to lean on the stock. | 而且你不必依靠股票行情 |
[34:38] | You’re right. | 对啊 |
[34:40] | That’ll save us ten million on this trade. | 这样能在这场交易中省下1000万 |
[34:43] | This is why I need to keep you when your internship’s over. | 所以我得在你实习期结束后把你留下 |
[34:45] | Yes. I’d believe the same thing were I you. | 是啊 如果我是你 我也会做同样的事 |
[34:48] | Oh. I ordered you lunch. | 我替你点了午饭 |
[34:51] | Vegan. | 严格素食主义者 是吧 |
[34:52] | What makes you think I’m a vegan? | 是什么让你觉得我是严格素食主义者 |
[34:55] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[34:56] | Everything? | 一切的一切吗 |
[34:58] | All of it? | 全部吗 |
[35:02] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[35:03] | You’re not? | 你不是吗 |
[35:05] | I’ll eat it. | 我会吃掉的 |
[35:07] | Look, I’ve eliminated slippage since you’ve got here. | 自从你来 我就消灭了滑点 |
[35:10] | My trade-cost analysis is up 150 bips. | 我的交易成本分析上涨了150个基点 |
[35:13] | And that’s before the 10-ball you just saved me. | 那还不包括你刚刚给我省下的1000万 |
[35:16] | It’s not a fluke. It’s efficiency. | 这不是偶然 是效率 |
[35:19] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[35:20] | And now you’re leaving. | 现在你要走了 |
[35:22] | I can’t afford that. | 我承受不了 |
[35:24] | I’ll die off. | 我会死的 |
[35:26] | And that’s before I blew lunch | 那还是在我把你当严格素食主义者 |
[35:29] | with you not being a vegan. | 搞砸你的午餐之前 |
[35:31] | Of course I’m a vegan. | 我当然是严格素食主义者 |
[35:35] | Here’s my problem. | 我的问题是 |
[35:37] | The shit that I do to keep most people after an internship — | 我用来留下实习期过后的大多数人的方法 |
[35:39] | throwing money around, showing them a good time — | 到处扔钱 给他们展示美好的时光 |
[35:42] | none of that’s gonna work on you. | 这些对你都不起作用吧 |
[35:44] | You mean like hot girls showing up at my place | 你是说就像性感女孩出现在我家 |
[35:46] | and drink till I puke and all that? | 喝到吐那一类的吗 |
[35:48] | I agree. That wouldn’t work in this case. | 我同意 对我没什么作用 |
[35:50] | So how do I keep you? | 所以我怎么做才能留下你 |
[35:52] | You kind of can’t. | 估计不能 |
[36:00] | Just look at him. | 看看他 |
[36:02] | The everyman grilling away. | 就是一个在烤肉的普通人 |
[36:04] | You know, he sent the chef away tonight | 他今晚没让厨师来 |
[36:06] | because the two of you always do this together. | 因为这事总是你们两个一起搞定的 |
[36:08] | And even though you’ve frozen him out the past few months, | 即使这几个月来一直冷淡他 |
[36:10] | he’s still counting on it. | 他还是相信你会做的 |
[36:12] | That’s before I knew what he was. | 那是我知道他是什么人之前 |
[36:19] | You’re the toughest guy in the family, no doubt. | 毫无疑问 你是这个家里最难搞定的人 |
[36:23] | But I think we both know | 但我们都知道 |
[36:24] | what happens if you test me. | 如果你挑战我 会有什么结果 |
[36:27] | Now get out there | 现在过去 |
[36:28] | and be a human being to my husband. | 像个人一样对待我丈夫 |
[36:35] | Under protest. | 我是被逼的 |
[36:43] | Mo! Fuck, you’re here. | 小魔 靠 你来了 |
[36:47] | -What’s going on? -It’s good to see you. | -怎么样 -见到你真高兴 |
[36:49] | It’s like a hunting knife. | 就像一把猎刀 |
[36:50] | You rip it open — | 你把它开膛破肚 |
[36:51] | Hey, Matt. | 马特 |
[36:53] | Axe. | 阿克斯 |
[37:00] | I’m glad you came. | 很高兴你能来 |
[37:02] | Yeah, of course, man. | 当然了 伙计 |
[37:03] | You guys know each other, right? Same precinct? | 你们两个认识吧 在一个辖区 |
[37:05] | Different years. Detective. | 但年份不同 警探 |
[37:07] | Long before you became a banker | 在你成为银行家 |
[37:08] | or a trustee or whatever, Raul. | 或者信托人什么的很久之前了 劳尔 |
[37:10] | Still more police than banker. | 比起银行家 我依然更算是警察 |
[37:12] | – Good to see you. – Yeah. | -很高兴见到你 -嗯 |
[37:15] | I had good come-back about you from the school. | 学校那边有你的好消息 |
[37:17] | Oh, how fucking lovely. | 真贴心 |
[37:20] | Be an easy road to make you the full-time nurse. | 成为一个全职护士对你来说挺容易吧 |
[37:23] | – Yeah? – Yep. | -是吗 -是的 |
[37:25] | What are we talking about? | 我们在说什么 |
[37:27] | Well, they’d start you at 72k, something for housing. | 他们说起薪是七万二 还有住房补贴 |
[37:31] | And I’ll get them up from there. | 在这基础上再涨 |
[37:34] | Come on, Mo. | 拜托 小魔 |
[37:35] | It’d be so nice to have you around, man. | 你能在我身边一定非常棒 |
[37:38] | Instead of rolling with these stiffs | 而不是和这些 |
[37:39] | that I’ve got up here all the time. | 总能见到的呆子在一起 |
[37:41] | Oh, no, | 不 |
[37:42] | it’s not much more than what I’m taking down now, | 这比我现在的工作多赚不了太多 |
[37:44] | and it’s still just pulling shifts. | 而且还是需要轮班 |
[37:47] | If I’m making a change, it’s got to be bigger. | 如果我要做出改变 就得是巨大的改变 |
[37:50] | You know, I need to step up | 我需要提高 |
[37:52] | and score my next chapter, you know? | 开启新篇章 |
[37:55] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:57] | I know. | 我明白 |
[37:58] | Certain douchebag motorcycle club was dealing out of | 某个混球摩托车俱乐部 |
[38:01] | the men’s room at the Hendricks. | 在亨德克斯的男厕里交易 |
[38:02] | And these guys were good. | 这些家伙都挺厉害 |
[38:03] | Our undercovers couldn’t make one buy off of them. | 我们的卧底都没法买通他们 |
[38:05] | So we started sending in teams to surveil through the ceiling | 所以我们开始派遣小队从男厕的天花板 |
[38:09] | of the men’s room. And one day I’m up there. | 监视他们 有一天该我去了 |
[38:11] | I’m watching. And I see a deal go down. | 我在监视 目睹了一场交易 |
[38:13] | I must have been leaning over too much, | 一定是因为我靠得太用力 |
[38:15] | ’cause I fell right through the drop ceiling | 然后我就从天花板上掉了下来 |
[38:17] | and landed right on my ass in the middle | 四脚朝天摔在了 |
[38:19] | of the men’s room. | 男厕正中央 |
[38:21] | A black man in an N.Y.P.D. uniform. | 一个穿着纽约警局制服的黑人 |
[38:23] | I’m like — I look up, | 我就…我抬头看 |
[38:24] | and it’s a half a dozen Hells Angels staring down at me. | 有六个地狱天使正盯着我 |
[38:27] | So… | 于是… |
[38:30] | They lit in on me with fists, bottles, boots. | 他们疯狂地向我砸来 拳头 酒瓶和靴子 |
[38:34] | They damn near beat the cop right out of me. | 他们差点打得我都不知道自己是警察了 |
[38:37] | Barely got out of there alive. | 差点没活着离开 |
[38:39] | They say it never happened. | 他们说这件事从没发生过 |
[38:41] | Of course not. | 当然了 |
[38:42] | But the way it still gets told, that night end of shift, | 但人们还是知道了 那晚轮班结束后 |
[38:46] | every swinging dick at the station | 警局所有的男人 |
[38:47] | went back to that bar with nightsticks, | 带着警棍回到那间酒吧 |
[38:49] | reduced those fucking bikers to smudge marks on the floor. | 把那些车手变成了地板上的血迹 |
[38:52] | No dealing went on in that bar for a long, long time. | 此后很长一段时间 那间酒吧里没再交易过 |
[38:58] | See, back then, it came down to factions, superior numbers. | 当时 都要归结为小集团 人多势众 |
[39:01] | When they had them and I was alone, | 他们人数占多 我孤身一人时 |
[39:03] | they won. | 他们赢了 |
[39:05] | But when we had them, | 但当我们人数占多时 |
[39:08] | well, it’s hard to defend against numbers. | 以少胜多是很难的 |
[39:10] | That’s a lesson you only have to learn once. | 这种教训只用学一次 |
[39:14] | Absolutely. | 完全正确 |
[39:23] | I need to deploy your specialized computing skills, | 我需要利用你专业的电脑技术 |
[39:27] | can-do attitude, the magic of your tech nerdistry. | 乐观进取的态度和你在技术上的呆子魔力 |
[39:32] | No one’s ever said I have a can-do attitude before. | 之前没人说过我有乐观进取的态度 |
[39:34] | That’s because you hide it behind a superior, dismissive, | 那是因为被你用高人一等的不屑的 |
[39:37] | and pessimistic mask, but I see past all that. | 悲观的面具掩饰了 但我看穿了 |
[39:43] | Uh, what do you need? | 你需要我做什么 |
[39:44] | Raya. | 拉亚 |
[39:45] | I need you to hack into Raya and get me an account on there. | 你要黑进拉亚 为我创建一个账户 |
[39:49] | I can’t do — do that. | 我不能那么做 |
[39:53] | – Of course you can. – I mean, maybe I could, | -你当然能了 -我也许能做到 |
[39:55] | but that site’s encrypted with a 128-bit Blowfish cipher. | 但它用128位的河豚密码加了密 |
[39:58] | And no brute-force attack has been | 没有任何暴力破解攻击 |
[40:00] | extensive enough to crack it. There’s — | 足够广泛 能够破解它 |
[40:01] | There’s no way I can make a reasonable attempt and still | 我无法同时进行有效的破解尝试 |
[40:03] | – complete my other tasks. – Like what? | -并同时完成其他任务 -比如 |
[40:06] | Making sure this place is secure from cyberattack. | 确保我们这里不受到网络攻击 |
[40:08] | – You’ve already done that. – But I have to oversee | -你已经做到了 -但我还得检查 |
[40:10] | all our trading software, all our servers, my team. | 我们所有的交易软件 服务器 我的团队 |
[40:13] | And you will. | 你会的 |
[40:14] | As soon as you get me onto Raya. | 等你帮我进入拉亚之后 |
[40:20] | Yes. | 好的 |
[40:32] | Judge DeGiulio! | 德朱利奥法官 |
[40:33] | Mr. Rhoades, sir. At your service, sir. | 罗兹先生 悉听尊便 先生 |
[40:37] | Good. Let me tell you what I need. | 好吧 我告诉你我需要什么 |
[40:39] | I’m not really at your service. | 我又不是真的悉听尊便 |
[40:41] | Chuck, I was quoting “Hamilton.” | 查克 我只是引用《汉密尔顿》里面的话 |
[40:43] | Ah. I haven’t been able to see it. | 我还没看过 |
[40:45] | What do you need? | 你有什么事 |
[40:46] | There’s an investigator named Dake up here from D.C. | 有个来自华盛顿特区的调查员叫戴克 |
[40:49] | Ooh. That’s a hard man. Good one. | 那是个难搞的家伙 人也挺好 |
[40:53] | Yeah, terrific. Yes, I can see that he’s good. | 是的 很不错 我能看出来 |
[40:55] | I’d like him to be good and gone. | 我更希望他是个离我远远的好人 |
[40:57] | Now, I need to know who sent him | 我想知道是谁派他来的 |
[41:00] | and what they hope to accomplish. | 对方有什么目的 |
[41:04] | Are you familiar with the origin of the word “Billet”? | 你知道”临时设营”一词的来由吗 |
[41:07] | Is this another “Hamilton” thing? | 这又是出自《汉密尔顿》的 |
[41:08] | – No. – Well, then, yes. | -不是 -那我知道 |
[41:10] | It came from the French | 它出自法语 |
[41:12] | to mean an order to allow a soldier to live in your home. | 表示允许士兵在民居设营的命令 |
[41:15] | But what it’s come to mean is a post or position | 但它后来的意思是一种职位 |
[41:19] | and responsibilities that go along with it. | 以及与此相伴的责任 |
[41:21] | So my billet is to be a judge | 我的职责就是做一名法官 |
[41:24] | and adjudicate on various matters | 裁决各种案件 |
[41:26] | as put forth and et cetera. | 颁布法令等等 |
[41:28] | It is not, and will never be, | 现在不会 将来也不会 |
[41:30] | to do your bidding. | 去做你要求的这事 |
[41:33] | I forgot to say please, didn’t I? | 我忘了说”请”了 不是吗 |
[41:36] | I’m working on that. | 我正练习这个 |
[41:39] | Please? | 请你… |
[41:40] | Always a lovely word to hear, | 好词听不厌 |
[41:41] | but I’m not some deputy anymore. | 不过我不再只是助理法官了 |
[41:44] | Oh, no. | 我没别的意思 |
[41:45] | Uh, I get that and respect it. | 我明白并且很尊重这一点 |
[41:48] | But we both know why you’re not a deputy anymore, | 但我们都明白你不再是助理法官的原因 |
[41:51] | so I am asking you to do this one for me. | 所以我要求你为我做这件事 |
[41:55] | As a final courtesy. | 当做最后的礼貌 |
[42:01] | Sure, sir. | 行啊 先生 |
[42:05] | Come by my chambers Friday morning. | 周五早上到我办公室 |
[42:07] | I should have information by then. | 我估计到时能找到信息 |
[42:08] | And thank y– | 那谢… |
[42:10] | You’re welcome, Chaz. | 不客气 小查 |
[42:20] | Give me your phone. | 手机给我 |
[42:24] | We need our I.T. staff back and your focus. | 我们需要技术人员回来还有你也得集中精力 |
[42:27] | I can’t have you phishing the Internet pointlessly. | 我不能再让你在网上漫无目的地钓鱼 |
[42:30] | I’m logging you on to Raya. | 我帮你登入拉亚 |
[42:32] | – How? – I’m a member, so I vouch. | -怎么做到的 -我是会员 我可以担保 |
[42:34] | You need two reccos. I got Michael Che to second you. | 你需要两个推荐 我让迈克尔·切也推荐你 |
[42:36] | Can’t have you distracting our staff with this bullshit. | 不能让你用这破事分散员工的注意力 |
[42:39] | – You’re a member? – So are you now. | -你是会员 -现在你也是了 |
[42:41] | All I ask is Chatham House Rule on it. | 遵守查塔姆宫守则就行了[别公开身份] |
[42:45] | And when you see me on there, don’t fucking tap the heart. | 你在上面看到我时 别一个劲给我点赞 |
[42:52] | Sweet! | 棒呆了 |
[43:23] | Mr. Rhoades. | 罗兹先生 |
[43:25] | So, I’m going through my initial round of interviews | 我正进行初轮面谈 |
[43:29] | and all seems, uh, if not kosher, | 似乎大家都有点不适应 |
[43:32] | then at least within a reasonable bandwidth. | 但至少尺度还是很合理的 |
[43:35] | And I’m thinking, you know, I’m just about out of here. | 我正想着 马上离开这里 |
[43:40] | But… | 但是 |
[43:43] | Then I | 我 |
[43:45] | become aware of a payment. | 发现了一笔款项 |
[43:51] | A payment? | 款项 |
[43:52] | That your wife received. | 是你妻子收到的 |
[43:55] | From Axelrod. | 来自阿克斯罗德 |
[43:57] | An account of hers that you’re a signer on. | 她有一个和你的联名账户 |
[44:00] | Right around, uh, | 大约在 |
[44:02] | well, hell, right on | 不是大约 就是在 |
[44:05] | the day that you suspended your investigation into him. | 你终止对他进行调查的那天 |
[44:09] | $5 million. | 五百万美金 |
[44:12] | Now, | 目前 |
[44:15] | it may not be a bribe, | 它可能还不是贿赂 |
[44:17] | but, dang, if it doesn’t look like one | 不过 该死 即使它看起来不像 |
[44:21] | and smell like one. | 闻起来也不像 |
[44:22] | And if I put my tongue on it, | 但只要我三言两语一说 |
[44:25] | I bet it tastes like one, too. | 我保证把它变成新鲜的贿赂 |
[44:28] | Yum-bang. | 好吃到爆 |
[44:32] | Now, I suppose | 现在 我猜 |
[44:35] | you didn’t know anything about that? | 你还对此一无所知吧 |
[45:02] | If we’re doing this, we’re supposed to knock, | 如果我们要这么做 我们就该先敲门 |
[45:04] | not just let ourselves in. | 而不是随便就进来 |
[45:06] | I was gonna let the sitter get them ready for you. | 我原本打算让保姆帮你给他们收拾下 |
[45:07] | She still can. | 她现在也可以 |
[45:11] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[45:12] | That’s not really the idea of this. | 这个不是用来交谈的 |
[45:14] | We have to give each other room. | 我们需要给彼此空间 |
[45:15] | Yeah, I know. I’m aware. | 我知道 我很清楚 |
[45:17] | Not a social call. | 不是生活上的问题 |
[45:25] | What, then? | 什么事 那说吧 |
[45:29] | I understand that we are in a temporary moment of separation | 我明白我们现在处于暂时分居时期 |
[45:35] | and no longer in the mode of telling each other | 也不需要告诉彼此 |
[45:39] | our day’s events in detail. | 日常生活事务的细节 |
[45:41] | If we’d been communicating that well before, | 如果我们之前能沟通地那么好 |
[45:42] | we might still be together. | 我们可能现在还在一起 |
[45:47] | Are we putting that on me? | 所以全都怪我吗 |
[45:48] | Half of it at least. | 至少一半怪你 |
[45:54] | But there were some things that really | 但是有些事情真的 |
[45:55] | ought to have been discussed, | 需要好好谈谈 |
[45:57] | some things that I cannot imagine keeping to myself. | 这些事情我没法忍住不说 |
[46:00] | For instance, if I had suddenly received | 例如 如果我突然收到一笔 |
[46:03] | a $5 million lump-sum payment | 总数五百万美元的款项 |
[46:06] | the same day that my husband dropped an investigation | 而就在同一天我丈夫撤销了 |
[46:09] | on the man making that payment, | 对支付这笔钱的人的调查 |
[46:11] | I might have fucking managed to say something about it. | 我可能还是会他妈想办法提一下这事 |
[46:22] | I didn’t see how that… | 我当时没想到会出现 |
[46:26] | sequence of events might appear. | 接下来的一系列事情 |
[46:29] | Is that an apology? | 这算道歉吗 |
[46:33] | I didn’t mean to put your reputation in question. | 我不是故意要影响你的名誉的 |
[46:36] | Not just my reputation. | 现在不仅是我的名誉的问题 |
[46:38] | My job. | 我的事业 |
[46:41] | Perhaps my freedom. | 也许还有我的人身自由 |
[46:43] | Perhaps yours. | 说不定还有你的 |
[46:44] | Freedom? Pfft. | 人身自由 |
[46:46] | I am just beginning to remember what that feels like. | 我才刚开始重新感受到自由的滋味 |
[46:49] | And I’m not gonna let you ruin | 我才不要让你毁掉 |
[46:51] | one of the first free nights I’ve had in years. | 我多年来为数不多的自由之夜 |
[46:53] | I always knew I’d end up snared by Axelrod’s money. | 我一直觉得我最终会被阿克斯罗德的金钱所害 |
[46:56] | It’s poison. | 它像毒药一样 |
[46:57] | And you don’t even need to ingest it for it to kill you. | 而你都不用真的咽下去就会被它杀死 |
[46:59] | – Proximity is enough. – Well, good for you. | -靠近它就足够了 -那祝贺你吧 |
[47:02] | I no longer have proximity to it, | 我不再靠近它 |
[47:04] | and you no longer have proximity to me. | 而你也不用靠近我了 |
[47:07] | Have fun with the children. | 和孩子玩得开心 |
[47:10] | Hey, kids, I’m leaving! | 孩子们 我走了 |
[47:12] | Your daddy’s here! | 你们老爸在这 |
[47:14] | I love you! | 我爱你们 |
[47:22] | Hey, guys! Here I come! | 孩子们 我来了 |
[47:31] | This place gave me my first real look | 这个地方让我第一次真正看清了 |
[47:33] | at how the world worked. | 这个世界的运作方式 |
[47:35] | I watched people running toward the betting window | 我看着人们满怀希望跑向 |
[47:37] | with high hopes. | 下注窗口 |
[47:41] | No plan. | 完全没有计划 |
[47:43] | Then I’d watch them walk away from the track | 然后我看着他们又从那条路离开 |
[47:45] | ripping up their tickets in disgust. | 怒撕票劵充满憎恶 |
[47:49] | That wasn’t gonna be me. | 我不要成为那样的人 |
[47:51] | You didn’t bet? | 所以你不赌 |
[47:52] | Oh, I bet. | 我当然赌 |
[47:54] | I bet, but first I figured out | 我会赌 但首先我要弄清 |
[47:57] | where the sharp action was, | 聪明的做法是什么 |
[47:59] | where the guys who had a plan were, | 有计划的人会在哪做什么 |
[48:02] | guys who grinded, | 用心研究的人 |
[48:04] | take the guesswork out of it. | 才能做出正确的预测 |
[48:06] | They knew which drivers had been rested. | 他们知道哪些车手体力充沛 |
[48:08] | They knew which horses were ready. | 他们知道哪些马准备好了 |
[48:10] | And they also knew which ones were on last legs. | 也知道哪些马疲于奔命 |
[48:13] | How’d you meet those guys? | 你怎么认识那些人的 |
[48:16] | I didn’t at first. | 一开始我不认识 |
[48:18] | But I figured out | 但我后来想到 |
[48:20] | that they always bet late and they bet heavy. | 他们一般都下注晚但金额大 |
[48:27] | So I started watching that | 所以我开始观察起公告牌 |
[48:30] | instead of that. | 而不是跑道 |
[48:33] | The numbers told the story. They always do. | 数字会告诉我来龙去脉 它们总是这样 |
[48:36] | I started making bets of my own. | 我开始自己押注 |
[48:39] | You know, the right ones. | 正确的那些 |
[48:41] | And once I understood what had happened, | 我一明白过来发生了什么 |
[48:43] | I watched the track to see how it happened. | 我就观察跑道 看看一切是怎么发生的 |
[48:49] | Strange time for a workout. | 这训练时间有点奇怪 |
[48:52] | Yeah, he comes here most days of the week. | 是的 他一周里大部分日子都会过来 |
[48:55] | Likes to run his new prospects out under the lights, | 喜欢让他有前途的新选手们在灯光下奔跑 |
[48:58] | get them used to it. | 让它们学着适应 |
[49:03] | He’s a good driver. | 他是个好骑手 |
[49:06] | But his father — | 但是他的父亲 |
[49:08] | His father was the best there was. | 他的父亲是彼时最厉害的 |
[49:09] | True master. Hall of Fame. | 真正的大师 殿堂级的 |
[49:13] | Always finished top three. | 总是位列三甲 |
[49:15] | Oh, but to you, top three is never enough. | 但是对你来说 前三甲永远不够 |
[49:18] | You don’t show. You win. | 你不展示 你只赢 |
[49:21] | That I do. | 我就是这样 |
[49:22] | Mine’s a different business. | 我的生意是不同的 |
[49:27] | Look, you and the team are right. | 你和团队是正确的 |
[49:30] | There’s too much risk. | 风险太大了 |
[49:33] | I could open myself up to a big loss | 如果我出手失误了 |
[49:36] | if I made a move and miss. | 我就会给自己造成天大的损失 |
[49:41] | When I used to come down here, | 我以前来这儿时 |
[49:42] | I had nothing, so I-I just figured it out. | 我一无所有 所以我就慢慢摸索出来了 |
[49:47] | That you did. | 你就是这样 |
[49:50] | I need Rhoades gone. | 我需要罗兹下台 |
[49:53] | Or this will never be over. | 否则这篇永远也翻不过去 |
[49:56] | My suit alone, | 我自己的诉讼 |
[49:58] | it’s like me firing a pea shooter against a Panzer tank | 就像我拿个豌豆射手对抗德国豹式战车 |
[50:02] | when what we need is a Howitzer. | 而我们所需的是一门榴弹炮 |
[50:05] | But I know how we can get ourselves a Howie. | 但我知道我们怎么给自己装备上一门 |
[50:11] | We find everybody that he fucked, | 我们找到所有被他坑过的人 |
[50:14] | who went away aggrieved, | 那些愤愤不平的 |
[50:17] | people with real grounds, | 那些坚定不移的 |
[50:20] | and we buy up their claims. | 我们买下他们的索赔 |
[50:24] | Aggregate the lawsuits. | 聚集起多桩诉讼 |
[50:27] | Where one is weak, many are strong. | 人多力量大 |
[50:29] | And that’s a lesson you’ll never have to learn more than once. | 这是你永远不需要学第二遍的一课 |
[50:32] | It’ll be tantamount to a class-action suit. | 这等同于集体诉讼 |
[50:35] | Not so easy to ignore. | 不会被轻易忽视 |
[50:37] | Not possible to. | 根本就不可能 |
[50:38] | The stories won’t be about you anymore. They’ll be about him. | 这些故事不再围绕于你 而是他 |
[50:41] | And the world of shit that he is in. | 还有他那肮脏的世界 |
[50:47] | You know what you have to do? | 你知道你得做什么吗 |
[50:54] | I know what I have to do. | 我知道我得做什么 |
[51:02] | This guy doesn’t really come out here a few times a week. | 这家伙不是真的一周来好几次吧 |
[51:06] | No. | 不是 |
[51:07] | He doesn’t. | 他不来 |
[51:09] | But I wanted to see him run, so he ran. | 但我想看他跑马 所以他跑马 |
[51:15] | Do what I need. | 按我的要求做 |
[51:17] | Get it in motion now. | 现在就开工 |
[51:20] | Tonight. | 今晚 |
[52:01] | – Shit! – Whoa, whoa! | -靠 -天哪 |
[52:04] | Jesus Christ. | 我的老天爷 |
[52:06] | You all right there, guy? | 你还好吗 |
[52:08] | Yeah. Can you hold this for me? | 还好 你能帮我拿一下这个吗 |
[52:09] | Yeah. Come on. | 好的 起来 |
[52:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[52:13] | You’ve been served. | 你被传唤了 |
[52:16] | With a lawsuit. | 一起诉讼 |
[52:18] | One-hundred and twenty-seven of them. | 其实是一百二十七个 |
[52:20] | Sorry, brah. | 不好意思 哥们 |
[52:25] | I’m being sued. | 我被起诉了 |
[52:29] | Apparently by everyone I’ve ever met. | 而且显然是被我遇到的所有人 |
[52:33] | Didn’t make any sense until I saw… | 这根本讲不通 直到我看到 |
[52:36] | This one. Bobby Axelrod. | 这个 波比·阿克斯罗德 |
[52:41] | A Bivens Claim for violation of his Fourth Amendment rights. | 对侵犯了他第四修正案权利的比温斯索赔 |
[52:45] | Malicious prosecution. | 恶意起诉 |
[52:48] | And the rest of these are similar, | 剩下的这些都大同小异 |
[52:50] | and they all came together. | 它们都是一起来的 |
[52:54] | I think he’s financing all of them, | 我认为他在资助所有这些人 |
[52:57] | and I have a feeling he’s gonna make this his life’s mission. | 我感觉他会把这个当做他一生的使命 |
[53:00] | Well, I wish I could say that’s all you’ll be fending off, | 我倒希望你要抵御的只有这些 |
[53:02] | but D.C. is all over this Dake investigation, | 但是特区那边戴克的调查已经开了锅 |
[53:05] | and Dake has told the A.G. about | 而且戴克已经告诉检查长 |
[53:07] | some kind of balloon payment that has a certain stink to it. | 关于一些有关腐败的类似大额款项的事 |
[53:10] | Yeah. To my wife. | 对 支付给我老婆的 |
[53:12] | Business as usual in her world. | 在她的世界里这只是正常的生意 |
[53:14] | I don’t imagine that’s how he’s spinning it. | 我想他可不是那么看的 |
[53:16] | Nor do I. | 我也觉得 |
[53:17] | Sort of unspinnable I fear, Chuck. | 可能有点没法解释 查克 |
[53:30] | Yes? | 喂 |
[53:31] | Chuck, I need to see you in D.C. in my office Thursday. | 查克 周四来华盛顿在我办公室见面 |
[53:34] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[53:39] | Yes, General. | 好的 检察长 |
[53:51] | That was the attorney general herself. | 那是检察长亲自打过来的 |
[53:54] | She’s summoned me to Washington. | 她传唤我去华盛顿 |
[53:57] | Dake did indeed make her aware of the balloon payment. | 戴克确实是告诉了她大额款项的事 |
[54:00] | She seems to also know about this, too. | 她似乎也是知道的 |
[54:05] | So I’m to report to her Thursday… | 我要在周四向她报告 |
[54:11] | where she will greet me warmly, | 她到时会热情接待我 |
[54:13] | shake me by the hand… | 和我握手 |
[54:17] | and then she’ll fire me. | 然后炒我的鱿鱼 |
[54:34] | The tip that led to my investigation | 导致我进行调查的小道消息 |
[54:35] | was called in from a cellphone | 是从一个手机上打来的 |
[54:37] | that pinged a tower in Yonkers | 定位在扬克斯的一个信号塔 |
[54:39] | in the middle of the night. | 半夜打过去的 |
[54:40] | Why do I give a fuck? | 关我屁事 |
[54:43] | Because you were in Yonkers | 因为你当时就在扬克斯 |
[54:46] | at the pizzeria meeting with Axelrod. | 和阿克斯罗德在披萨店里会面 |
[54:49] | And I think whatever you heard in that meeting | 我认为无论你在见面时听到了什么 |
[54:52] | made you squeamish. | 都令你开始神经质了 |
[54:55] | You know what Rhoades is, Bryan. | 你知道罗兹是个什么样的人 布莱恩 |
[54:59] | You know he should be out of the job. | 你知道他早该失业了 |
[55:02] | And I know you made that call. | 我也知道是你打了那通电话 |