时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Get everything you might possibly need, | 拿走所有会用到的东西 |
[00:11] | ’cause they will destroy anything left behind. | 因为他们会把留下的都给毁掉 |
[00:14] | You blew up your family for Bobby Axelrod. | 你为了博比·埃克斯罗德毁你的家庭 |
[00:17] | I’m Keyser Soze, motherfucker. | 我是我是凯撒·苏尔 混蛋 |
[00:20] | Judge on the Dollar Bill case | 美元比尔案子的法官 |
[00:21] | is going to be Whit fucking Wilcox. | 会是该死的惠特·韦尔考克斯 |
[00:23] | I wonder | 我想知道 |
[00:24] | if re-presented a warrant for bugging the Axelrod home. | 是否可以再次递交监听埃克斯罗德家的许可令 |
[00:28] | No. Asked and answered. | 不行 你问过了 我也告诉过你了 |
[00:30] | Look into Wilcox. Go wherever it leads. | 查查韦尔考克斯 不放过任何线索 |
[00:33] | You’re making a move on a federal judge. | 你要调查一个联邦法官 |
[00:36] | Is he in your way? | 他妨碍你了吗 |
[00:37] | If you were in my situation, what would you do? | 如果你处于我的位置 你会怎么做 |
[00:40] | You know, if you hadn’t done anything wrong, | 如果你未做错任何事 |
[00:42] | but you were targeted anyway. | 但是你依然被盯上了 |
[00:44] | You want me to pressure my husband to back off. | 你想要我逼我丈夫放弃 |
[00:46] | You know I can’t do that. | 你知道我不能这样 |
[00:47] | Why not? | 为何不呢 |
[00:48] | So I’m thrilled you got someone on the inside at Axe Cap. | 我很高兴 你在埃克斯资本里安插了内应 |
[00:51] | I have no idea, | 我什么都不知道 |
[00:52] | because as you damn well know, I’ve recused myself. | 因为你很清楚 我请求了回避 |
[00:55] | FBI! FBI | |
[00:58] | There’s someone in the house. | 有人闯进来了 |
[00:59] | It’ll be fine. | 没事的 |
[00:59] | Sorry about your front door. | 抱歉弄坏你的大门 |
[01:01] | It’s all right. He can afford another one. | 没关系 他能再买一个 |
[01:03] | Go. | 走吧 |
[01:04] | Donnie Caan walked out. | 唐尼·卡恩走了 |
[01:05] | He say anything about where he was going? | 他有说他去哪里了吗 |
[01:06] | I think it’d be good if you found him, soon. | 我想最好你能马上找到他 |
[01:08] | Where… the fuck… is Donnie? | 唐尼他妈的在哪里 |
[01:11] | He could decide to walk into their office | 他有可能决定去找他们 |
[01:13] | and tell ’em everything. | 然后交待所有的事 |
[01:14] | I’ll testify against Axe, | 我会出面指证埃克斯 |
[01:16] | but right now I need… | 但是现在我需要 |
[01:18] | Holy shit. Donnie? No. | 该死唐尼 不是吧 |
[01:21] | Donnie. | 唐尼 |
[01:23] | – Oh, fuck. – Donnie. | – 该死 -唐尼 |
[01:56] | You know, I was, for a time, | 曾经有段时间 |
[01:58] | supposed to become a Grandmaster. | 我本该成为一个大师 |
[02:02] | Chess. | 象棋界的 |
[02:04] | 14 years old, | 十四岁时 |
[02:06] | and leapfrogging up the standings. | 就迅速在排行榜上蹿升 |
[02:10] | Put me in a practice game, | 如果我参加选拔赛的话 |
[02:11] | I’d be a young Boris Spassky in his prime. | 我就是全盛时期的鲍里斯·斯帕斯基 |
[02:15] | By all rights, | 按理说 |
[02:16] | I should’ve dominated live competition, | 我应该能主宰现实的比赛 |
[02:19] | but I had a flaw. | 但是我有个缺点 |
[02:24] | If I decided that my opponent didn’t… respect the game, | 如果我觉得我的对手没有尊重游戏 |
[02:30] | or me, or if I didn’t like the way he carried himself… | 或者我 又或者是我不喜欢他的举止 |
[02:33] | If I decided for whatever reason that he wasn’t worthy, | 如果我觉得无论是什么理由他不尊重 |
[02:38] | a dark rage would come over me. | 我会感到很暴躁 |
[02:45] | And this rage became the driver. | 这种暴躁成为了主导 |
[02:49] | All the strategy, patience, and practice would vanish, | 所有的战略 耐心 练习都会消失 |
[02:53] | and I would begin obsessing about total destruction. | 我会开始执着于完全的毁灭 |
[02:57] | Some kid could fail to look me in the eye | 某个孩子在秋季巡回赛跟我握手时 |
[03:00] | while shaking my hand at a tournament in the fall, | 没有看我的眼睛 |
[03:03] | and I would carry it until facing him again in the spring. | 我会记着他直到在春季再遇到他 |
[03:07] | But then, while I was trying to destroy him… | 但那时候 当我试图摧毁他时 |
[03:12] | I’d forget to win. | 我便忘了要去赢得比赛 |
[03:16] | I would play bold moves designed to intimidate, | 我会为了恐吓他走几步大胆的棋 |
[03:19] | show him that he wasn’t as smart as me… or as brave. | 以显示他没有我聪明 或是勇敢 |
[03:23] | Leave voids in my defense. | 在我的防守中留下了漏洞 |
[03:25] | That’s not how you win at chess. | 你不会这样赢得比赛 |
[03:28] | I knew better, | 我很清楚 |
[03:31] | but, uh… | 但是 |
[03:33] | but I couldn’t do better. | 但是我没办法做的更好 |
[03:36] | And then, at the end of the game, | 然后 在比赛最后 |
[03:38] | my opponent’s arm would be raised in victory | 我对手的手会因为胜利而高举 |
[03:41] | while I sat, | 而我却坐着 |
[03:44] | humiliated and alone, | 感到羞耻和孤独 |
[03:48] | bathed in anger and defeat. | 沉浸在愤怒和失败中 |
[03:54] | Here I am again, beaten. | 现在的我也是如此 被打败了 |
[03:59] | Although it has yet to be confirmed, | 尽管还尚未确定 |
[04:03] | there is no doubt that Donnie Caan is gonna die. | 毫无疑问唐尼·卡恩会死 |
[04:07] | Soon. | 很快 |
[04:09] | I sat up all night until I saw it. | 我熬了一晚上才看明白 |
[04:13] | Bobby Axelrod used Donnie to feed us information | 博比·埃克斯罗德利用了唐尼来给我们传话 |
[04:17] | that he would never live to testify to | 表达他死也不会去法庭作证 |
[04:21] | or confirm in court. | 或者确证 |
[04:24] | We’ll claw back some of his trades, sure, | 没错 我们努力拿回了一些他的交易 |
[04:26] | but we have to assume that the names he gave us, | 但是我们得假定他给我们的名字 |
[04:29] | the specifics, all of it… false. | 细节 所有的一切 是假的 |
[04:37] | No, I wish this loss were mine alone, | 不 我希望这个损失是我一个人的 |
[04:41] | but I cost all of you as well. | 但我却同样浪费了你们所有人 |
[04:46] | Soon, probably within the hour, | 很快 可能不到一小时 |
[04:49] | uh, Adam DeGiulio from the Attorney General’s office | 联邦法官办公室的亚当·德贵里奥 |
[04:52] | will walk in here | 会走进来 |
[04:54] | and take us off the Axelrod case. | 让我们放弃埃克斯罗德的案子 |
[04:57] | It won’t matter that Axelrod is everything I said he is… | 埃克斯罗德是不是我说的那样是个无情的人 |
[05:01] | a bloodless man. | 并不重要 |
[05:03] | A man who would use his dying friend | 一个人能用他所用的方式 |
[05:06] | in the manner that he did. | 来利用他将死的朋友 |
[05:09] | We needed to be bloodless to catch him, | 我们也要为了抓住他变得无情 |
[05:11] | and we weren’t. | 但是我们不是 |
[05:14] | I wasn’t. | 我不是 |
[05:19] | We were all suckers here, Chuck. | 我们都是废物 查克 |
[05:21] | No, don’t try to fall on it, Bryan. | 不 不要这样认为 布莱恩 |
[05:23] | I set the tone. | 我定下了基调 |
[05:26] | That’s what the papers will say. | 报纸上会这样写 |
[05:27] | They’ll call me sloppy. Driven, unhinged. | 他们会说我草率 被动 神经错乱 |
[05:31] | And, uh, for once, they’ll be correct. | 仅此一次 他们说对了 |
[05:35] | What can we do? | 我们能做什么 |
[05:39] | We can, from this moment forward, | 从此刻起 我们要记住 |
[05:42] | remember how the game is supposed to be played. | 游戏应该如何玩 |
[05:46] | We’ll play perfect strategy. | 我们要运用完美的战略 |
[05:48] | We will retreat so we can attack when it is to our advantage. | 我们要先战略性撤退以等待时机进攻 |
[05:53] | And then someday soon, we will be standing here, | 不久的未来 我们会站在这里 |
[05:56] | and it will be our turn. | 那时该轮到我们了 |
[06:04] | I don’t wanna stop you, Chuck. | 我不想打断你 查克 |
[06:06] | No, we were just finishing up. | 没有 我刚刚说完了 |
[06:29] | All right, | 好了 |
[06:30] | get out there and make some fucking money. | 出去赚你们的钱去吧 |
[06:52] | You got a handle on this? | 你处理了这事了吗 |
[06:55] | I do not. | 没有 |
[06:57] | Well, I don’t think it’s good. | 我觉得这样不好 |
[07:26] | How fucked are you? | 你还好吗 |
[07:27] | Can I say it’s nothing? | 我能说我没事吗 |
[07:29] | Could you let me get away with that? | 你能就此打住不问了吗 |
[07:33] | Flu, maybe? | 像流感吧 |
[07:35] | God, what would you pay to | 天啊 你愿意花多少钱 |
[07:36] | have the flu right now, Donnie? | 希望自己得的是流感啊 唐尼 |
[07:37] | Anything. | 什么都行 |
[07:40] | – Cancer. – Yeah. | – 癌症 – 没错 |
[07:43] | – Shit. – Pancreatic. | -该死 – 胰腺 |
[07:44] | Shit. | 该死 |
[07:46] | How far along? | 到什么程度了 |
[07:48] | With this kind, it doesn’t really matter. | 这种类型 没什么关系了 |
[07:50] | Far enough. | 没得救了 |
[07:54] | Can we have the room? | 给我们留点空间好吗 |
[07:56] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[07:57] | Piss elsewhere. | 到别处尿去 |
[08:04] | You should’ve come to me right away. | 你应该立刻来找我 |
[08:07] | I’ve been, ah, you know, letting it settle. | 我一直在进行治疗 |
[08:10] | Kids know? | 孩子们知道吗 |
[08:13] | Not yet. | 还不知道 |
[08:20] | We’ll access the best, most creative, | 我们会得到这里最好 最创新的 |
[08:22] | most forward-thinking medical treatment there is. | 最前瞻的医疗 |
[08:24] | You’ll see my guy, Ari Gilbert. | 你会见到我的医生 阿里·吉尔伯特 |
[08:26] | Top oncologist out there. | 世界一流的肿瘤医生 |
[08:28] | Works with select clients. World leaders. | 只为有地位的客户服务 世界的领导人 |
[08:32] | I’ve been funding his research for years. | 我已经资助他的研究几年了 |
[08:34] | Thank you for offering, but you don’t have to do that. | 感谢提供帮助 你不必这样做的 |
[08:35] | Stop. Stop. Stop. | 打住 打住 打住 |
[08:39] | It’s what we do. | 这是我们的职责 |
[08:54] | Get yourself together. | 打起精神来 |
[08:56] | Come and see me at the end of the day. | 下班后来见我 |
[09:00] | I have a thought. | 我有个想法 |
[09:23] | Donnie’s gone. | 唐尼死了 |
[09:36] | I, uh, I have to make some phone calls. | 我要打几个电话 |
[09:39] | I’ll help you. | 我来帮你 |
[10:08] | How are you set financially? | 你在经济上怎么处理 |
[10:11] | Are Walter and the kids gonna have enough? | 沃尔特和孩子拿到足够的钱了吗 |
[10:13] | Nobody’s gonna starve, but I could’ve done better. | 没有人会挨饿 但是我本可以做的更好 |
[10:17] | When I met Walter, | 我见到沃尔特时 |
[10:19] | finally accepted who I am, | 总算接受了我自己 |
[10:21] | I felt so guilty about Karen. | 我为凯伦感到内疚 |
[10:23] | I remember. It was tough on both of you. | 我记得 这对你们俩都不容易 |
[10:25] | Yeah, so I kind of just gave her everything. | 是啊 我算是给了她一切 |
[10:29] | Didn’t shelter it or put it in a trust. | 没有藏起来或者放进信托里 |
[10:30] | Just sort of heaved it over to her. | 直接都抛给了她 |
[10:32] | Practically started back at zero. | 差不多又回到了一无所有的时候 |
[10:34] | That’s all chutes and ladders, isn’t it? | 人生起起落落 不是吗 |
[10:36] | It sure is. | 没错 |
[10:39] | The guy she remarried… | 她再嫁的那个人 |
[10:40] | he’s got control of the money now, | 他现在管着钱 |
[10:42] | and I can’t be sure what he’s gonna do with it. | 我不确定他要用来做什么 |
[10:44] | Emma and Harry are exposed? | 艾玛和哈利没人管了吗 |
[10:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:48] | What were you hoping to get to? | 你希望是多少钱 |
[10:50] | I-I don’t have a number. | 我不知道具体数目 |
[10:53] | I just want them to be taken care of. | 我只想让他们被照料到 |
[10:56] | Good education, their first house, no debt. | 良好的教育 让他们第一套房子不用贷款 |
[10:58] | Sure. Also, you want them to be able to do what they want, | 当然 你还想让他们能做他们想做的事 |
[11:02] | – …not what they have to. – Yeah. | – 而不是不得不做的事 – 是啊 |
[11:05] | Thought I was going to take care of that in the next 10 years. | 以为未来十年会把这个处理好 |
[11:08] | Forty million. | 四千万 |
[11:11] | What if we could get you there, pre-tax? | 要是我们能让你得到这么多 税前的 |
[11:15] | For all the family? | 给整个家庭 |
[11:17] | Big ladder. | 幸福的天梯 |
[11:18] | But there’s a way to make it happen. | 但是要用个方法才能让这个实现 |
[11:20] | To guarantee it. | 确保它的实现 |
[11:22] | Rewards of paradise here on earth? | 天堂对人间的奖励 |
[11:25] | Really sharp evangelists | 一些眼光犀利的传教人 |
[11:27] | could con me out of my house right now. | 现在能将我骗出我的房子 |
[11:29] | Unlike him, I’m gonna give you the downside. | 不像他那样 我要说的是坏处 |
[11:31] | It won’t be simple. It’ll require deception. | 事情不会很容易 需要一点欺诈 |
[11:34] | And your final weeks and months, they won’t be your own. | 你最后的岁月将不属于你一个人 |
[11:38] | Are we talking about breaking the law? | 我们在说违法吗 |
[11:40] | Because I-I can’t spend one minute in jail. | 我一分钟也不能呆在监狱里 |
[11:44] | Well, let’s leave that to the lawyers. | 我们把这留给律师处理 |
[12:16] | Let me save you some breath. | 让我帮你省点心 |
[12:19] | Now the Attorney General thinks it best that my office | 如今司法部长认为我的办公室最好 |
[12:22] | drop its pursuit of Axe Capital. | 放弃对埃克斯资本的追查 |
[12:25] | And you tried to argue with her, but she was insistent. | 你试着跟她争辩 但她很坚持 |
[12:28] | Kids would hashtag that “one hundred.” | 大家会记得你的百分百投入 |
[12:32] | Any matter related to Axe Capital | 任何牵扯上埃克斯资本的事 |
[12:34] | is to be handled by the Eastern District | 从此以后会由 |
[12:35] | from here forward. | 东区来处理 |
[12:37] | You know, the only thing I can’t figure | 我唯一想不明白的事 |
[12:39] | is if the AG’s fear of negative publicity | 如果司法部长担心负面影响 |
[12:42] | is because she’s planning a Senate run | 是因为她准备竞选议员 |
[12:44] | or a return to the private sector. | 还是打算回到私营部门 |
[12:46] | Put on a blindfold, spin yourself around, | 带上眼罩 转几圈 |
[12:48] | and pin the tail on the donkey. | 然后把纸尾巴贴在驴身上 |
[12:51] | You know? | 你知道这游戏吗 |
[12:53] | I do. | 我知道 |
[12:54] | Defy her in any way, | 任何方式违背她 |
[12:55] | she will recommend that the President fire you. | 她都会建议总统解雇你 |
[12:57] | And he will not hesitate to take a recommendation. | 并且总统会毫不犹豫听从她的建议 |
[13:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:01] | And I would do the same thing were I sitting in her office. | 如果我坐在她的位子上我也会这么做 |
[13:04] | I accept it. | 我接受这个事实 |
[13:07] | I am off Axelrod. | 我不再管埃克斯罗德的案子了 |
[13:12] | Good man. | 好样的 |
[13:15] | But, you know, that is not | 但是 你知道 这并不是今天 |
[13:17] | what you and I really need to talk about today. | 你我真正需要谈的事情 |
[13:19] | It’s not? | 不是吗 |
[13:21] | Let’s go out and take some air, | 我们一起出去 呼吸点新鲜空气吧 |
[13:23] | and I’ll tell you why musical chairs | 然后我会告诉你为什么抢椅子游戏 |
[13:25] | is a much better party game. | 是一个更好的聚会游戏 |
[13:29] | – Oh. Walter. – Hey, Wendy. | – 噢 沃尔特- 嘿 温蒂 |
[13:30] | Friends. | 朋友们 |
[13:32] | Friends, may I ask that you all please take your seats now? | 朋友们 能容许我请你们现在就座吗 |
[13:39] | Fuck. | 操 |
[13:51] | Come on. I’ll sit with you. | 来吧 我和你坐一起 |
[13:53] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[13:55] | Came to pay my respects. | 过来表示下我的尊敬 |
[13:57] | Not appropriate. | 这不合适 |
[13:59] | I knew the man. | 我认识这个人 |
[14:00] | Better than you let on, I’m sure. | 我想 如果你不来拆他更好 |
[14:05] | Turn and leave. | 转身然后离开 |
[14:08] | Why would I? | 我为什么要那样做 |
[14:13] | Get the fuck out of here. | 你赶快给我离开这 |
[14:21] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:56] | It’s a real loss. | 这是个巨大损失 |
[15:00] | Yeah. For both of us. | 是啊 对我们来说都是 |
[15:24] | Those ungrateful fuckers | 那些忘恩负义的混蛋 |
[15:26] | have to make me focus on this now? | 非要现在让我把注意力放在这事上吗 |
[15:28] | They hope you are too distracted and sad | 他们希望你因为太过心烦 太过悲伤 |
[15:31] | to focus on it at all. | 而不再关注这件事 |
[15:32] | Oh. I can still focus. Talk. | 噢 我还是能专心的 说吧 |
[15:35] | So lonosphere Fund… they set up shop downtown. | 就是洛诺球体基金 他们在市区开了公司 |
[15:38] | Carly’s in charge? | 卡丽掌管的吗 |
[15:39] | Or Channing. Definitely not Hlasa. | 或者钱宁 反正绝对不是海尔撒 |
[15:41] | How much? | 多少启动资金 |
[15:43] | Two-hundred million under management, 40 of it’s theirs. | 管理资金有两亿 有四千万是他们自己的 |
[15:44] | Where’s it coming from? | 哪来的资金 |
[15:50] | They stole this list. Some of these people are ours. | 他们偷了这个名单 有些客户是我们的 |
[15:53] | Can we block that? | 我们能阻止他们吗 |
[15:54] | We absolutely could. | 我们当然可以 |
[15:56] | All three of them signed non-competes. | 他们三个人都签了非竞争合约 |
[15:58] | But they can fight it, claim that | 但他们会反击 并声称 |
[16:01] | Axe Capital was no longer the place they signed on to, | 埃克斯资本不再是他们签约时受雇的公司 |
[16:04] | that their deals should be void. | 所以他们的协议是无效的 |
[16:06] | They can’t win, right? | 他们赢不了的 对吗 |
[16:07] | Not likely. But with the current sentiment, who knows? | 不太可能 但是就目前气氛来看 谁知道呢 |
[16:11] | And I don’t think you want that kind of attention right now. | 而且我认为你现在不想因为这事再成为焦点 |
[16:13] | No, but we can’t have the perception | 不想 但我们不能让大家以为 |
[16:16] | that the real talent at Axe Capital | 埃克斯资本公司真正有才能的人 |
[16:18] | is flying under a new flag. | 都另立门户了 |
[16:20] | Where you going? | 你要去哪 |
[16:22] | Breakfast. | 吃早餐 |
[16:38] | I’m not putting our friendship on the line. | 我并没有以我们的友情来要挟你 |
[16:39] | I’m just asking. | 我只是请求你 |
[16:41] | I’m just trying to warn | 我只是在提醒你 |
[16:42] | you that this lonosphere venture is doomed. | 洛诺球体风投公司注定失败 |
[16:44] | You trained these guys, right? | 你训练的这些人 对吗 |
[16:46] | I taught ’em all they know, | 我教会了所有他们知道的 |
[16:47] | not all I know. | 但不是所有我知道的 |
[16:49] | But you extend them credit, it’s on you. | 但你给予了他们信任 你自己负责 |
[16:51] | It is. | 确实 |
[16:52] | I already have. | 但我已经给了 |
[16:54] | I’m first money in, | 我是第一个投资进去的 |
[16:55] | I got very favorable terms, | 我得到非常丰厚的定期回报 |
[16:57] | and I don’t see a reason to give that up. | 我没有任何理由去放弃我的利润 |
[16:59] | Do this for me, and I’ll cut your fees to one and ten | 帮我这个忙 我会减少你的费用并 |
[17:01] | over the next three quarters. | 在后三个季度让利润翻十倍 |
[17:03] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[17:04] | Check, sir. | 账单 先生 |
[17:07] | It is the love God has instilled in us | 上帝将爱灌输到我们心中 |
[17:10] | that has been our refuge, | 使其成为我们的避难所 |
[17:12] | that has sustained us for generations. | 爱在我们之间代代延续相传 |
[17:15] | Before the mountains were brought forth, | 在山脉隆起之前 |
[17:18] | or the earth was born, | 地球诞生之前 |
[17:19] | …there was love. | 就已经存在爱了 |
[17:22] | And it is love that turns us back to dust, | 是爱让我们归于尘土 |
[17:26] | saying, “Go back, oh, child of earth.” | 念着”回去吧 地球的孩子” |
[17:30] | It is love that sweeps us away like a dream. | 爱像梦境一般 带我们离去 |
[17:35] | Your honor, our argument is | 尊敬的法官大人 我们的论点 |
[17:37] | simple and straightforward. | 简单明了又直接的 |
[17:39] | My client provided emergency medical care | 我的客户向克里斯蒂娜·格伦沃尔德 |
[17:42] | to Christina Grunwald. | 提供了紧急医疗护理 |
[17:43] | Mr. Stearn met the young lady’s father, | 斯特恩先生遇到年轻女孩的父亲 |
[17:47] | learned of her desperate medical condition, | 了解到她处于绝望中的医疗条件 |
[17:49] | had the resources at his disposal to save her life, | 并且拥有医疗资源去拯救她的生命 |
[17:53] | and was moved to action. | 于是被打动而付诸行动 |
[17:55] | I ask, uh, you to | 我请求您 |
[17:57] | look at this photograph | 看一下这张照片 |
[17:59] | and tell me that, | 然后告诉我 |
[18:01] | if you were in a position to save this child’s life… | 如果您有能力救这个孩子 |
[18:06] | wouldn’t you do it just because you could? | 难道你不会做你力所能及的事情吗 |
[18:08] | Mr. Stearn had no idea | 斯特恩先生完全不知道 |
[18:11] | that medical treatment had any link | 医疗救治与所谓的内部信息 |
[18:13] | to alleged inside information. | 有任何关系 |
[18:17] | I ask you to consider the wisdom of putting altruism itself | 我请您想想审判利他主义本身 |
[18:22] | on trial. | 是否是明智的 |
[18:25] | May I? | 能允许我说一句吗 |
[18:27] | Mr. Connerty. | 康纳利先生 |
[18:29] | The people are fully prepared to prove | 检方有足够的证据证明 |
[18:31] | benefit was provided in the form of medical expenses | 好处就是总计达到二十一万一千美元 |
[18:34] | to the tune of some 211,000 dollars. | 的医疗费用 |
[18:36] | And that, as a direct response to insider information | 作为向斯特恩先生提供 |
[18:40] | provided to Mr. Stearn. | 内部消息的回报 |
[18:41] | Further, we can demonstrate | 进一步地 我们能够证明 |
[18:43] | that Axe Capital used this information | 埃克斯资本公司利用这一内部信息 |
[18:45] | to gain an 89 million dollar profit. | 获得了八千九百万美元的利润 |
[18:48] | An 89 million dollar return. | 仅用二十一万零一千元的投资 |
[18:56] | On a 211,000 dollar… | 换回来的八千九百万美元的 |
[18:59] | …investment. | 利润回报 |
[19:06] | Altruism is not on trial here, | 在这里 利他主义不需要被审判 |
[19:10] | but the fairness of the financial markets is. | 但金融市场的公正就需要了 |
[19:16] | The US Attorney’s office has made a considered decision | 美国联邦司法部已经作出了深思熟虑的决定 |
[19:19] | to pursue and prosecute | 继续一丝不苟地追查和检举 |
[19:21] | precisely this new brand of criminal. | 这种新型罪犯 |
[19:24] | They are bastardizing the fair market | 他们在腐蚀公平市场环境 |
[19:26] | upon which this country is built. | 而这正是我们的立国之本 |
[19:29] | Passionately executed, Mr. Connerty, | 真是热情激昂的发言 康纳利先生 |
[19:31] | but the humane gesture of providing medical treatment | 但是给一个饱受病痛折磨的孩子 |
[19:33] | for an afflicted child as material benefit, | 提供医疗救助的仁慈行为 |
[19:36] | begs that a jury learn the unknowable… | 陪审团一定会理解 |
[19:39] | that is, what lay in Mr. Stearn’s heart. | 这也正是斯特恩先生心里所想的事情 |
[19:43] | I deem it best that the court grants | 我认为法院同意辩方请求 |
[19:46] | defense counsel’s motion for dismissal. | 撤销案件动议是最好的结果 |
[19:48] | Your honor, I vigorously protest. | 法官大人 我坚决抗议 |
[19:51] | Nonetheless, my decision stands. | 抗议无效 我已经作出决定 |
[19:53] | And I further advise that you and the Southern District | 我建议你们以及南区地检 |
[19:57] | reconsider the deployment of government assets | 在利用政府资源 |
[20:01] | in the settling of personal scores. | 解决私人恩怨的问题上慎重考虑 |
[20:04] | This session is adjourned. | 本案休庭 |
[20:17] | He said “personal scores”? | 他说的是”私人恩怨”吗 |
[20:19] | He used those words? | 他用了那个词吗 |
[20:21] | Direct quote. | 直接引用 |
[20:24] | Motherfucker. | 混蛋 |
[20:26] | How goddamn comfortable in your seat do you have to be | 在你位置上坐着到底是有多舒服 |
[20:28] | to do that? | 才会那样做 |
[20:33] | Should we start clearing the Axelrod files or… | 我们应该开始整理埃克斯罗德卷宗还是 |
[20:36] | Tomorrow. | 明天再说吧 |
[20:38] | What you need to do now is take the day, at least. | 你们现在需要做的就是至少休息一天 |
[20:41] | Come back ready to go. | 休息好了再回来 |
[20:42] | I can hang in here… | 我可以继续 |
[20:43] | Go! | 去吧 |
[20:45] | Breathe in some fall air. | 呼吸点秋日空气 |
[20:49] | I’d like to imagine someone is doing that today. | 我能想象今天有人在这样做 |
[20:50] | Might as well be you. | 你最好也这样做 |
[20:52] | I bet Dollar Bill is doing exactly that | 我打赌美元比尔就在这么做 |
[20:55] | with a giant fucking smile on his face. | 脸上还挂着该死的笑容 |
[20:59] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[21:02] | Well, we’ve lost the Axe case. | 我们在埃克斯资产的案子上已经输了 |
[21:03] | Wilcox cut the Dollar Bill thread. | 韦尔考克斯已经把美元比尔放出来了 |
[21:07] | We need to get circular with our thinking. | 我们需要重新理顺我们的思路 |
[21:12] | Turn the impediments into our own blockers. | 把障碍变成我们的防卫手段 |
[21:18] | Don’t worry. I know what I’m talking about. | 不用担心 我知道自己在说什么 |
[21:25] | He wanted to see me? | 他想见我吗 |
[21:26] | He did, but not right now. | 是的 但不是现在 |
[21:28] | This about those Ionosphere traitors? | 是关于那些洛诺球体公司的叛徒吗 |
[21:31] | Quislings? | 抓内奸 |
[21:33] | Don’t answer that. | 不用回答我 |
[21:36] | So, Deb… | 那么 德布 |
[21:37] | Don’t. | 别说了 |
[21:38] | I make stupid money, | 我赚了点蠢钱 |
[21:40] | and I’m ready for a relationship. | 我已经准备好正式开始一段感情了 |
[21:41] | I make plenty, and I’m out of your league. | 我赚的也不少 我们不合适 |
[21:43] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[21:45] | Guys around here avoid you | 这周围的人都躲着你 |
[21:46] | like you’re a dangerous fighter, | 就好像你是个危险的斗士 |
[21:48] | because you’re a triple threat… | 因为你有三重威胁 |
[21:49] | power, speed, and footwork. | 既有能力 速度 还有策略 |
[21:52] | So give me some credit for stepping up. | 冲着我能迎难而上也该表扬我一下啊 |
[21:54] | Credit for the honesty. | 你的坦白着实值得表扬 |
[21:57] | If you have dinner with me, | 如果你和我吃晚饭 |
[21:58] | I’ll buy you a Mini Cooper. | 我会给你买辆迷你库柏 |
[21:59] | Oh, see? | 噢 看到了吗 |
[22:01] | See? You smiled. | 看啊 你笑了 |
[22:03] | And you know and I know that a smile | 并且你我都知道那个笑容是 |
[22:06] | is a gateway to multiple convulsive orgasms. | 达到多重震动高潮的开始 |
[22:09] | I smiled because I’m too long for a Mini, | 我笑是因为我很想要辆迷你 |
[22:11] | and you almost look cute when you’re nervous. | 而且当你紧张时看起来真的很可爱 |
[22:13] | Hey, Mafee, get in here. | 嘿 墨菲 进来 |
[22:15] | Go on in. | 快进去吧 |
[22:16] | Keyser, Keyser, Keyser, Keyser, | 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 |
[22:21] | Keyser, Keyser, Keyser, Keyser, | 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 |
[22:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[22:26] | Keyser, Keyser, Keyser… | 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 凯撒 |
[22:29] | Thank you! | 谢谢你们 |
[22:31] | Keyser, Keyser… | 凯撒 凯撒 |
[22:33] | Thank you, my children. | 谢谢你们 伙伴们 |
[22:34] | Bill Stearn! | 比尔·斯特恩 |
[22:36] | I’m back, baby! | 我回来了 宝贝 |
[22:37] | Get your ass in my office right now. | 现在马上滚进我的办公室 |
[23:07] | Close the fucking door! | 给我他妈把门关上 |
[23:17] | Um, you wanna tell me what I did here? | 呃 你想告诉我 我做什么了吗 |
[23:19] | Pretend we’re having an argument. | 假装我们在吵架 |
[23:28] | You wanna fucking tell me why? | 你打算告诉我为什么吗 |
[23:30] | I want the Street to think that you and I are on the outs! | 我想让整条华尔街都认为我们在闹不和 |
[23:33] | I especially want those fuckers who left to hear about it! | 我尤其想让那些离开公司了的人听到这个消息 |
[23:39] | I wanna give Channing, Carly, and Hlasa a good fucking! | 我要给钱宁 卡丽和海尔撒一次沉重打击 |
[23:44] | I heard they went out on their own! | 我听说他们打算自己单干了 |
[23:45] | You didn’t bless that? | 你不看好他们吗 |
[23:46] | I did not bless that at all. | 我并不看好他们 |
[23:47] | That’s a shame! | 那真遗憾 |
[23:48] | They were talented, and I kind of liked them! | 他们很有天赋 我还挺喜欢他们的 |
[23:50] | Oh, so you don’t wanna help me out? | 你不帮我了吗 |
[23:52] | Fuck that! They fuck you, they fuck me, | 别逗了 他们惹了你 惹了我 |
[23:54] | so let’s fuck them! | 我们搞死他们 |
[23:56] | What do you want me to do?! | 你想让我做什么 |
[23:57] | I’m gonna poke you. Poke me back. | 我会戳你一下 你也要戳我 |
[23:59] | I’ll poke you all goddamn day. | 我可以戳你一整天 |
[24:03] | You throw in with them, you tell them I was a prick, | 你混进他们中间 告诉他们我是个混蛋 |
[24:06] | but you stuck your neck out… more to come. | 你把脖子伸出来 我还有别的事情要说 |
[24:09] | Got it! | 明白了 |
[24:10] | You’ve been through a lot. You all right? | 你经历了太多事 你还好吗 |
[24:13] | It was hell, but I survived! | 确实很折磨人 不过我挺过来了 |
[24:15] | When you walk out that door, | 你走出那个门的时候 |
[24:17] | I want you to tell me to go fuck myself, | 我需要你对着我大喊 去死吧 |
[24:19] | good and loud! | 要掷地有声 |
[24:20] | They’re gonna hear me in the back office! | 在办公室尽头的人都能听见 |
[24:22] | Come bonus time, I am gonna show you enough love, | 等到分红的时候 我让你知道我多爱你 |
[24:25] | you could start a third family! | 你都能组建第三个家了 |
[24:27] | Two’s fucking plenty! | 两个已经足够了 |
[24:29] | – I’m gonna shove you now! – Go ahead! | – 我要推你一把了 – 来吧 |
[24:32] | I love you like a brother. | 我爱你 你是我的亲兄弟 |
[24:38] | I fucking love you, too, man. | 哥们 我也爱死你了 |
[24:54] | Go fuck yourself, Axelrod! | 埃克斯罗德你去死吧 |
[25:04] | And now let us take a moment | 现在 让我们花一点时间 |
[25:06] | to appreciate the beauty of nature, | 来赞美一下美丽的大自然 |
[25:08] | which Donnie loved so well. | 这是唐尼深爱的大自然 |
[25:22] | – Amen. – Amen. | – 阿门 – 阿门 |
[25:26] | And now, according to Donnie’s wishes, | 按照唐尼的遗愿 |
[25:29] | we drink and have a good time. | 我们喝点酒 享受一下美好时光吧 |
[25:31] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[25:37] | Donnie said, and I’m quoting here, | 我在这里转述唐尼的话 他说 |
[25:42] | “Have them all bury my picture in autumn leaves, | 让他们把我的照片埋在秋日的落叶里 |
[25:46] | and as they do, | 他们一边埋 |
[25:50] | they should make a wish for the world… | 一边为这个世界祈祷 |
[25:53] | that has nothing to do with the financial markets.” | 祈祷这个世界和金融市场永无瓜葛 |
[26:18] | The paint was about eight layers thick and hard, | 假象太多 左一层右一层的 |
[26:20] | but I scratched it. | 但是我成功拨开假象了 |
[26:21] | And beneath the layers? | 那拨开假象之后发现什么了 |
[26:23] | Wilcox. Greasy muck on his shoes. | 韦尔考克斯 他干的脏事可真不少 |
[26:25] | Talk to me. | 跟我说说吧 |
[26:26] | Well, I looked at his sentencing history, | 我研究了他的量刑记录 |
[26:29] | and about seven years ago, | 大概七年之前 |
[26:30] | there’s a significant pattern shift. | 他的量刑模式发生了巨大转变 |
[26:32] | Suddenly, he becomes | 突然之间 他变成了 |
[26:33] | the toughest hanging judge on the federal bench, | 联邦法院量刑最重的法官 |
[26:35] | but not on white collar crime. | 但是从来不对白领下手 |
[26:37] | Oh, no? | 从来都不吗 |
[26:38] | No, not on white of any kind. | 不对白领下手 包括白人 |
[26:40] | He lets the white guys skate | 如果他觉得白人能请得起律师 |
[26:42] | if he thinks you have access to lawyers or press | 或者能发动媒体 制造舆论 |
[26:45] | or other noisemakers. | 他就会放他一马 |
[26:46] | But poor Black and Latino boys from the hood | 但是那些穿帽衫的非裔或者拉丁裔的男孩子 |
[26:48] | get slapped with all kinds of time. | 可就倒霉了 判多长时间的都有 |
[26:50] | Uh-huh. Now is that racism, or is there money somewhere? | 这是种族歧视的问题 还是什么地方有钱赚 |
[26:53] | Well, I did a deep dive on his financial history, | 我仔细研究了一下他的财政情况 |
[26:55] | and seven years ago, he joined an investment group. | 七年前 他加入了一个投资集团 |
[26:58] | One of their holdings… Baldinger Prison Systems, | 他们所持股份里 有鲍尔丁监狱系统的股份 |
[27:01] | a privatized for-profit prison company. | 那是一个私人营利性的监狱公司 |
[27:04] | They charge inmates a dollar a minute to use the phone… | 犯人打电话 他们一分钟收一块钱 |
[27:08] | And then soak the government with a 300% markup. | 然后从政府那里再榨取三倍的利润 |
[27:12] | They net 17,000 dollars a year per prisoner. | 他们每年能在每个犯人身上赚一万七千块 |
[27:16] | Wilcox is building his business from the bench. | 韦尔考克斯的生意就是靠着他当法官发展的 |
[27:18] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[27:19] | And he’s doing it to poor kids… | 他专门对那些穷孩子下手 |
[27:20] | …with public defenders | 那些孩子用的是公设辩护人 |
[27:22] | who are far less likely to file an appeal | 这些人基本不可能上诉 |
[27:23] | and far less able to win one. | 赢的概率也很低 |
[27:25] | Jesus Christ. | 我的天哪 |
[27:27] | Where is the money going? | 这些钱都去哪了 |
[27:29] | It bounces into the Caymans, but it winds up in Dominican, | 钱先到了开曼群岛 最后到了多米尼加 |
[27:32] | where he has a condo. | 他在那里有公寓 |
[27:35] | This is great work. | 你做的太漂亮了 |
[27:37] | And he’s fucking his Dominican housekeeper. | 他和他的多米尼加管家还有一腿 |
[27:40] | I’m gonna get you back | 我要把你从东区地检 |
[27:42] | from Eastern and make you happy. | 调回来 让你高兴高兴 |
[27:43] | I’d like to be happy. | 我就盼着有高兴事呢 |
[28:10] | Fuck. Really? | 天哪 不是吧 |
[28:12] | Pretty grown-up, huh? | 很成熟 是吧 |
[28:14] | If I live to a hundred, I wouldn’t be this grown-up. | 我活到一百岁 估计都没有这么成熟 |
[28:28] | You want anything? | 你需要点什么吗 |
[28:31] | I’m fine. Thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[28:52] | This isn’t from Ikea, is it? | 这沙发不是宜家买的吧 |
[28:55] | No. | 不是 |
[28:57] | But it works the same way. | 不过功能都是一样的 |
[29:23] | Men were made to talk | # 人生来就要表达 # |
[29:27] | Babies born to cry | # 婴儿生来就是哭 # |
[29:30] | Tears will make ’em tall | # 他们在眼泪中成长 # |
[29:32] | The fear of God gets in their eye | # 他们眼中充满对神的敬畏 # |
[29:36] | Sticks and stones | # 棍棒和石头 # |
[29:39] | May break my bones | # 可能折断我的骨头 # |
[29:43] | But words will make… | # 但是文字会让我 # |
[29:46] | Dad. What are you doing here? | 爸爸 你怎么来了 |
[29:48] | I was going through some things, | 我之前翻东西 |
[29:51] | and I came across this. | 我找到了这个 |
[29:54] | It’s your Indian Head penny collection. | 这是你收集的印着印第安人头像美分 |
[29:57] | Thought you might get a kick out of it. | 你应该觉得挺有意思的 |
[29:59] | You came all the way out to Brooklyn to give me | 你大老远跑到布鲁克林 就是为了 |
[30:01] | my penny collection? | 把我的美分收藏夹给我 |
[30:02] | No, I’m meeting Perry and Richie at Luger’s later. | 不 我之后要去鲁格尔餐厅去见佩里和里奇 |
[30:06] | I thought, as long as I’m over here… | 我合计 既然我都来这边了 |
[30:11] | Oh, fuck it. | 我靠 |
[30:12] | This isn’t the year that I start choosing my words | 看来我今年是不能好好说话 |
[30:14] | to avoid offense. | 不说脏字了 |
[30:16] | Just when I got my hopes up. | 我刚刚还抱有一丝希望呢 |
[30:18] | Okay, you want delicate? How about this? | 你想让我委婉一点 这样说行吗 |
[30:21] | Perhaps it’s time | 现在是时候了 |
[30:22] | to be more careful | 你在处理问题 做出回应的时候 |
[30:24] | about how you process and react. | 应该更加谨慎一点 |
[30:26] | It’s a critical time. | 现在是关键时刻了 |
[30:30] | And here’s the less delicate way… | 换一种不那么委婉的方式 |
[30:33] | stop… fucking… up! | 你别特么再惹乱子了 |
[30:38] | Insightful. | 很有见地啊 |
[30:39] | This must be how Ali felt | 安吉洛·敦提在拳王阿里耳边说话的时候 |
[30:41] | when Angelo Dundee whispered in his ear. | 拳王肯定也是这个感觉 |
[30:44] | Do you know what the press is saying about you? | 你知道媒体怎么评价你吗 |
[30:48] | Didn’t bother checking. I have a general idea. | 我没那个闲心仔细看 大概知道他们说什么 |
[30:49] | Well, they are clubbing you like a baby seal. | 他们不遗余力地抨击你 |
[30:53] | It’s time that you got out in front of this. | 现在是时候了 要抢先一步了 |
[30:55] | You are a target | 你现在成了 |
[30:57] | for the Attorney General now. | 司法部长的目标 |
[30:59] | Maybe it’s time you got out of there… | 趁着你还没被开除 |
[31:01] | …before you get fired. | 现在就是你全身而退的好时机 |
[31:03] | And do what? Hmm? | 然后干什么 |
[31:05] | Go over to Horvath? | 去找霍瓦特吗 |
[31:08] | Maybe I get on my hands and knees | 我是不是应该跪着 |
[31:10] | and crawl up to Westport, | 爬到韦斯特波特去 |
[31:11] | drum up some business | 帮博比·埃克斯罗德和他的朋友们辩护 |
[31:12] | defending Bobby Axelrod or his friends. Huh? | 然后借机多吸引点客户 |
[31:14] | I didn’t show up here with just my rod in my hand. | 我不是专程来批评你的 |
[31:18] | No. You brought coins. | 确实不是 你带着我的美分呢 |
[31:20] | And I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[31:23] | Go ahead. | 你说吧 |
[31:25] | Take a year off. | 休一年假 |
[31:28] | Move the family up to the farm. | 把全家都搬到农场去 |
[31:31] | Mount Kisco? | 去纽约州基斯科山 |
[31:33] | It’s beautiful. | 那里风景很美 |
[31:34] | Wendy can open a practice. | 温蒂可以自己开个公司 |
[31:36] | God knows there are plenty of bored housewives | 天知道那里有多少无聊的家庭妇女 |
[31:39] | that could use her help. | 需要她帮忙 |
[31:41] | And you write a book. | 你就在那里写书 |
[31:44] | In no time, | 过不了多久 |
[31:46] | you will have established residency. | 你就有居住权了 |
[31:53] | Patrick Esposito’s congressional seat. | 帕特里克·埃斯波西托的国会席位 |
[31:58] | Patrick is tired. | 帕特里克累了 |
[32:00] | I talked to him. | 我和他聊过 |
[32:02] | He’ll step aside. You’ll be a shoo-in. | 他会让位的 你一定能选上 |
[32:06] | Congress. | 国会 |
[32:08] | Boy, that sounds like fun… | 这听起来有点搞笑 |
[32:10] | 535 stooges and blowhards, | 五百三十五个傀儡 只会吹牛 |
[32:13] | some of whom even believe in science. | 还有人相信科学 |
[32:15] | Well, you’ll stand out. | 你肯定会脱颖而出的 |
[32:21] | You know, if you had listened to me in the first place | 你也知道 如果你从一开始 就听我的话 |
[32:23] | and hadn’t blown up the deal with Axelrod, | 和埃克斯罗德的协议没有搞砸 |
[32:25] | we would not be in this spot, would we? | 我们根本不会走到今天这一步 |
[32:30] | “We”? | 我们 |
[32:32] | We? | 我们 |
[32:34] | No. You don’t get to do that. | 不行 你不能再这样了 |
[32:37] | Not anymore. | 再也不行了 |
[32:39] | Let me be delicate now. | 让我说点好听的 |
[32:42] | The game has changed, and you haven’t changed with it. | 游戏规则变了 你没跟上这种变化 |
[32:46] | Your advice is no longer welcome. | 我不再欢迎你给我建议 |
[32:48] | So the next time you wanna waltz in here | 如果你下次还想在我家 |
[32:51] | with your “I told you so” routine, | 和我说 你早就告诉过我会这样 |
[32:52] | do us both a favor and stay the fuck out. | 你就当帮我们自己一个忙 别特么再参与了 |
[33:16] | Four million dollar rip on DKA, | 买了DKA四百万美金的股份 |
[33:18] | up 2% in our first week. | 第一个星期就涨了两个点 |
[33:20] | There are tips, and there are tips. | 有高人指点 |
[33:24] | You plan on telling us where you got it? | 你打算告诉我们消息是谁给的吗 |
[33:25] | You’ll hear the next one yourself. | 下一个消息 你能亲耳听到 |
[33:28] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[33:30] | Dollar Bill, Mr. Hundred Cent. | 美元比尔 美元先生 |
[33:32] | Billy Buck Buck, motherfucker! | 美元比尔 你来了 |
[33:35] | I should’ve known. | 我早该发现了 |
[33:36] | Everyone’s been talking about your brawl with Axe. | 大家都在讨论你和埃克斯的争吵 |
[33:37] | Fucking prick. | 那个混蛋 |
[33:40] | I keep my mouth shut, risk doing time for him, | 我什么都没说 冒着替他坐牢的风险 |
[33:44] | and then he treats me like that. | 结果他就那么对待我 |
[33:50] | Look at this. | 看看这里 |
[33:52] | Little shop that could. | 麻雀虽小 五脏俱全 |
[33:54] | And from the acorn grew the mighty oak. | 小树苗总有一天长成参天大树 |
[33:57] | No doubt, all-star team like this. | 毋庸置疑 你们这是全明星级阵容 |
[33:59] | Could always use one more. | 我们随时准备吸收新成员 |
[34:04] | Champagne? | 来点香槟吗 |
[34:09] | I’ll take one of those Heinekens. | 我喝一瓶喜力啤酒吧 |
[34:18] | What do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[34:20] | We can talk after the first of the year. | 我们过了第一年再聊 |
[34:23] | I am contractually owed a bonus. | 按照合约现在有人欠我奖金 |
[34:26] | Meantime, want some more candy? | 对了 想让我透漏点什么吗 |
[34:28] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[34:29] | You know how Penn Consol’s been rising | 你知道收购传言一出 |
[34:31] | on takeover rumors? | 宾州电子股票一直在涨吗 |
[34:33] | I’ve been watching that. | 我一直在关注 |
[34:35] | Behind the scenes? There’s a bidding war. | 知道幕后情况吗 其实就是价格战 |
[34:37] | It is fucking on. | 价格战已经打响了 |
[34:40] | Sure? | 你确定吗 |
[34:41] | I am not uncertain. | 我没有不确定的时候 |
[34:49] | Come on in, Chuck. Sit down. | 查克 进来吧 请坐 |
[34:51] | I can deliver this on my feet. | 我站着就能把话说完 |
[34:55] | Know that if this “urgent meeting” | 你这次找我有急事 如果是为了 |
[34:57] | is to slam me for my ruling on the William Stearn case, | 指责我在威廉姆·斯特恩一案做出的判决 |
[34:59] | you should proceed to the other side of that door | 那你应该从这个门走出去 |
[35:02] | and tell it to the doorknob. | 对着门把手说 |
[35:04] | Whit, that’s a closed case. | 惠特 那个案子已经结束了 |
[35:06] | Forget “Dollar” Bill Stearn. | 忘了那个美元比尔吧 |
[35:08] | No, this is about Daquan Forrester. | 我想和你说的是达坎·福雷斯特的案子 |
[35:12] | You remember Daquan, the first offender kid dealing pot | 你记得达坎吗 初犯的高三学生卖大麻 |
[35:14] | he bought in New Jersey his senior year of high school | 大麻是高三时从新泽西州买的 |
[35:16] | that you slapped with 15 years? | 你判了他十五年 |
[35:19] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[35:21] | It’s about Julio Lopez. | 还有胡里奥·洛佩兹 |
[35:23] | Remember him, too? | 你应该也记得他吧 |
[35:25] | 11 years for credit card fraud | 信用卡诈骗 被判了十一年 |
[35:27] | because he bought a PlayStation? | 就因为买了个游戏机 |
[35:31] | This won’t do anyone any good. | 这对大家都没好处 |
[35:33] | Some of those are your cases, your office. | 这里面有部分是你的案子 是你办公室处理的 |
[35:36] | How did I miss it for so long? | 这么长时间了 我怎么会没发现 |
[35:39] | You know, all those middle class types | 所有这些中产阶级类的 |
[35:41] | walking out of your courtroom free. | 都被你的法庭无罪释放 |
[35:42] | All those Black and Latino kids going upstate for 20 years. | 所有这些黑人和拉美的孩子都被判了二十年 |
[35:46] | I am no racist. | 我不是种族主义者 |
[35:47] | Oh, no. That’s selling you short. | 这样说还是轻的 |
[35:49] | You’re worse… a racist and a profiteer. | 你有过之而无不及 种族歧视 投机取巧 |
[35:54] | You want proof? Wait for it. | 你想要证据 等着 |
[35:58] | Baldinger Prison Systems. | 鲍尔丁监狱系统 |
[36:04] | There’s no way to reopen those cases. | 这些案子是不可能被重审的 |
[36:06] | I can draw a straight line to you and your partners, | 我可以把你和你的搭档联系起来 |
[36:08] | your offshore bank account, | 你的海外账户 |
[36:11] | and even your little girlfriend, Maribel Solarte, | 被你金屋藏娇在蓬塔卡纳高级公寓里的 |
[36:13] | at your condo in Punta Cana. | 小女朋友玛丽贝尔·索拉塔 |
[36:16] | Theories and accusations. | 不过是猜测和指控而已 |
[36:18] | After I’ve spent a lifetime on the bench, | 我在法官席上待了一辈子 |
[36:21] | until I got splinters in my ass and all for… | 痔疮都坐出来了 只是为了… |
[36:24] | a civil servant’s wages. | 公务员的薪水 |
[36:26] | We both know | 你我都心知肚明 |
[36:28] | they’re not just accusations, Your Honor. | 这些并非只是指控 法官大人 |
[36:37] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[36:39] | You will resign immediately | 你将会因不公开的个人原因 |
[36:41] | for undisclosed personal reasons. | 立即辞职 |
[36:44] | And there will be a little party and tearful goodbyes, | 然后会有一场小聚会 大家挥泪与你告别 |
[36:47] | and you will stride off into private practice. | 接着你昂首阔步离开 自行创业 |
[36:51] | Or the FBI could come in here | 或者联邦调查局会介入 |
[36:52] | and give you a far different reception. | 给你一个与前者差之千里的相送 |
[36:57] | You… won’t prosecute? | 你…不会起诉我 |
[37:01] | No. You do it that way, | 不 只要你照办 |
[37:03] | and the Southern District declines to prosecute. | 南区地检就不会起诉你 |
[37:06] | Because if we did, you would dig | 因为要是起诉你的话 |
[37:08] | those badger teeth and claws of yours in and fight. | 你就会召集所有的爪牙奋力反击 |
[37:12] | It would take two years, and you would go to jail, | 会耗上个两年 然后你会入狱 |
[37:15] | but the Southern District believes | 不过 南区法院认为 |
[37:17] | that your swift departure would be best for the justice system. | 为了司法体制着想 你安然离职才是上上策 |
[37:22] | Oh… | 哦… |
[37:26] | And shame on you. | 你真无耻 |
[37:47] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[37:49] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[37:52] | How you holding up? | 你还好吧 |
[37:56] | Funeral arrangements were a welcome distraction. | 葬礼很好地分散了我的注意力 |
[38:02] | I brought a casserole, just like it was the ’50s. | 我带了个焙盘 五十年代的那种 |
[38:10] | This Secret Santa project looks overwhelming. | 这个秘密圣诞老人项目貌似有点庞大 |
[38:12] | Do you need a hand? | 要帮忙吗 |
[38:14] | Help is literally on the way. | 帮手在路上 真的 |
[38:16] | Lara’s taking over the whole operation. | 拉拉要接手整个项目 |
[38:19] | Oh. So good of her. | 她可真好 |
[38:20] | She’s been great. | 她一直都很好 |
[38:22] | Both of them, really great. | 他们俩都是大好人 |
[38:28] | You’re in a… complicated position. | 你现在的处境…很复杂 |
[38:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:35] | It was… hard on Donnie, | 唐尼生前不能把事情告诉你 |
[38:39] | not being able to tell you. | 他心里也不好受的 |
[38:41] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[38:43] | I just mean his privacy, you know. | 我是说他的私隐 |
[38:47] | It meant a lot to him. | 对他来说很重要 |
[38:50] | Did other people know? | 还有其他人知道吗 |
[38:52] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[38:53] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[38:55] | I’ve got a big truck outside. | 我弄了辆大卡车过来 |
[38:58] | Oh, do you need me to move? | 需要我把车挪走吗 |
[39:00] | If you wouldn’t mind. | 要是你不介意的话 |
[39:01] | It’s so good of you to take over the Secret Santa thing. | 你接手了秘密圣诞老人项目 真是太好了 |
[39:04] | Yeah. We were pretty close. | 我们关系很好的 |
[39:08] | And closer in troubled times. | 困难时期则更好 |
[39:10] | That’s the true test of friendship. | 这是对友谊的真正考验 |
[39:12] | Yes, it is. | 的确如此 |
[39:14] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[39:19] | I’m saying hi to Walter, | 我来跟沃尔特打个招呼 |
[39:22] | seeing if he needed anything. | 看看他有什么需要 |
[39:23] | He’s taken care of. | 他一切无忧 |
[39:27] | I see. Well, I figure, at a time like this, | 明白了 可我觉得在这种时候 |
[39:30] | the more the merrier. | 多多益善嘛 |
[39:32] | At a time like this, a family pulls together. | 在这种时候 家人会坚守在一起 |
[39:35] | That’s what Axe Capital is… a family. | 而埃克斯资本就是一个大家庭 |
[39:38] | One I’m part of, too. | 我也是其中一员 |
[39:40] | Of course you are. | 当然了 |
[39:42] | We’re fine. | 我们很好 |
[39:48] | Thanks for the casserole. | 多谢你带来了焙盘 |
[40:17] | Want company? | 想聊聊吗 |
[40:18] | No. I’d be no good. | 不了 没什么用 |
[40:21] | All right. | 好 |
[40:24] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[40:26] | Sure. | 没事 |
[40:29] | You and Donnie were close, | 你和唐尼关系很好 |
[40:32] | especially these last few months. | 尤其是最后这几个月 |
[40:38] | How long you figure it’s been since we’ve had a session? | 你知道我们上次的疗程是什么时候吗 |
[40:41] | We talk all the time. | 我们一直都有交谈 |
[40:43] | No, a real session. | 我是说真正的疗程 |
[40:49] | Three and a half years. | 三年半 |
[40:58] | Will you come see me? | 你会过来吗 |
[41:44] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[41:45] | Christmas coming a little early this year? | 今年的圣诞是不是来早了 |
[41:47] | This is Donnie’s Secret Santa project. | 这是唐尼的秘密圣诞老人项目 |
[41:50] | I took it on. | 我接手了 |
[41:51] | We’re elves. | 我们是精灵 |
[41:52] | Slave elves. | 精灵奴隶 |
[41:53] | Gordie. | 戈迪 |
[41:55] | Pretty big job here, boys. You want some help? | 工程浩大啊 孩子们 要帮忙吗 |
[41:59] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[42:00] | I’ll get a half a dozen interns from the office. | 从办公室叫六个实习生过来 |
[42:01] | They’ll knock this off in no time. | 一会就能搞定了 |
[42:03] | They’re Ivy Leaguers. | 他们可是常春藤毕业的 |
[42:04] | – Yes. – Conference. | – 好耶 – 开会 |
[42:06] | You two keep wrapping. | 你们两个接着包装 |
[42:08] | Remember, there are more presents in the other room. | 记着 隔壁房间里还有更多的礼物呢 |
[42:12] | This is one of those teachable moments that we talked about. | 这可是我们谈论过的教育时机 |
[42:14] | The idea is that we do something with our own hands | 目的是一家人动手做一些东西 |
[42:16] | to benefit the less fortunate, as a family. | 用来帮助那些不幸的人 |
[42:19] | Is this a teachable moment for me or for the kids? | 这个教育时机是为我还是为孩子们准备的 |
[42:24] | All right, I’ll wrap. | 好吧 我来包 |
[42:27] | And, Bobby… | 博比 |
[42:29] | I ran into Wendy at Walter’s today. | 我今天在沃尔特家碰见温蒂了 |
[42:31] | And? | 然后呢 |
[42:33] | She was probing Walter for information. | 她在向沃尔特打探消息 |
[42:35] | Is that right? | 是嘛 |
[42:37] | It made me wonder about her continuing value. | 这让我怀疑她是否还有价值 |
[42:40] | We’re vulnerable, and so are they. | 我们有弱点 他们也有 |
[42:43] | I trust her. | 我相信她 |
[42:49] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[42:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:52] | – Your Honor. – Counselor. | – 法官大人 – 律师 |
[42:54] | – Mmm. – You didn’t have to come. | – 嗯 – 你不必亲自来的 |
[42:56] | Oh, of course I did. | 应该的 应该的 |
[42:58] | Wouldn’t be seemly otherwise. | 否则就太失礼了 |
[43:00] | Boy, you know what I love about this cake? | 你知道我最爱这个蛋糕的那一点吗 |
[43:03] | – What? – Sour cream. | – 什么 – 酸奶油 |
[43:05] | It’s just like my grandmother used to make. | 就像我奶奶以前做的味道 |
[43:07] | Gives it a little… tang. | 给蛋糕添了些许风味 |
[43:10] | – Yes, it does. – Yeah. | – 确实如此 – 是啊 |
[43:12] | You like a little tang every so often, don’t you, Whit? | 你就喜欢时不时的来点独特风味 对吧 惠特 |
[43:15] | – Sure, Chuck. – Yeah. | – 当然了 查克 – 嗯 |
[43:17] | It’s a really nice crowd. | 来的人还真不少 |
[43:20] | I think I’ll say a few words. | 我看我得说几句话 |
[43:21] | No, that won’t be necessary. | 不了 没这个必要 |
[43:22] | I love to speak. | 我喜欢演讲 |
[43:24] | Uh… | 呃… |
[43:26] | Ladies and gentlemen? | 女士们先生们 |
[43:29] | Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention for a moment? | 女士们先生们 请静一静 |
[43:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:35] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[43:37] | Justice. | 公正 |
[43:40] | Rooted in truth, watered by tenacity, | 以真理为根基 用坚韧灌溉 |
[43:44] | and flowering in wisdom. | 在智慧中绽放 |
[43:47] | May be the single most beautiful expression of humanity. | 这也许是人性中最美妙的表达了 |
[43:54] | For a man to dedicate his life in its pursuit | 为了这位将自己的一生奉献给追求公正 |
[43:58] | rings of a certain nobility. | 这一高贵品质的人 |
[44:03] | And this day we gather to acknowledge that nobility | 今天 我们聚集在一起 |
[44:07] | in the Honorable Whit Wilcox. | 向惠特·韦尔考克斯阁下致敬 |
[44:13] | Devoted servant of justice | 公正忠实的公仆 |
[44:16] | and one of its most | 也是其最为勤勉的 |
[44:18] | industrious sentinels. | 守卫之一 |
[44:24] | Congratulations, Judge Wilcox. | 恭喜 韦尔考克斯法官 |
[44:28] | And thank you for your noble service. | 感谢您高尚的服务 |
[44:49] | Hello, Judge. | 你好 法官 |
[44:51] | You’re going to jail. | 你要进监狱了 |
[44:53] | You may even own it. | 也许还是你自己拥有的监狱呢 |
[44:57] | You’re a fucking liar. | 你他妈的骗子 |
[45:00] | I said the Southern District wouldn’t prosecute. | 我说的是南区法院不会起诉你 |
[45:02] | I can’t speak for Eastern. | 又没说东区法院 |
[45:04] | You’ll be coming with us. | 跟我们走 |
[45:07] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[45:08] | Anything you say can and will be used against you | 但你所说的一切都将成为 |
[45:11] | in a court of law. | 呈堂证供 |
[45:12] | Twenty-eight percent of our goddamn fund | 等到摆脱现在的处境时 |
[45:15] | by the time we dug ourselves | 我们的资金就 |
[45:16] | …out of the position. | 只剩28%了 |
[45:17] | Was there ever even a real takeover being considered? | 到底有没有过公司打算收购啊 |
[45:20] | Who cares? It’s over. | 管他呢 都完了 |
[45:25] | How are we gonna explain this to our investors? | 我们该怎么向我们的投资方解释 |
[45:28] | Nice space. | 地方不错 |
[45:31] | Edgy. | 气氛紧张 |
[45:34] | Mind if I take a seat? | 我能坐下吗 |
[45:41] | Going forward, you might want to consider | 从现在开始 还是再仔细审查审查 |
[45:43] | vetting your information a little better. | 你们的资料为妙 |
[45:45] | Lesson learned. | 收到教训了 |
[45:49] | I could take pleasure | 我可以就这么看着 |
[45:51] | in watching you three circle the drain, | 你们三个被榨干 全当消遣了 |
[45:53] | but I am a practical man. | 但我是个实干家 |
[45:55] | And there was a reason that I hired and trained all of you | 我当初雇佣你们培训你们 |
[45:57] | in the first place. | 也是有原因的 |
[45:58] | So… here’s what I’m prepared to do. | 接下来我打算这么做 |
[46:03] | I will seed Ionosphere… | 我会给洛诺球体 |
[46:05] | stupid fucking name, by the way… | 顺便提一句 名字太烂了 |
[46:07] | with 250 million dollars. | 注入二亿五千万美元起始资金 |
[46:11] | That should keep the lights on. | 应该也够你们交电费了 |
[46:13] | You’ll be required to sign | 你们要签一个 |
[46:15] | non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. | 竞业禁止和非诱导协议 |
[46:17] | We will enter into a revenue share agreement. | 我们还要订立一项收入分享协议 |
[46:21] | The current rate for seed money is 20 to 25%, | 目前的起始资金利率是20到25% |
[46:24] | – …so why don’t we call it 40? – 40? | – 那我们就定40吧 – 40 |
[46:28] | Swallow that and wash it down with this. | 乖乖接受吧 这也不是白给的 |
[46:31] | You will provide total transparency. | 我要你们提供生意往来透明度 |
[46:33] | I want your trade files sent to my office every night. | 每天晚上都要把交易文件送到我办公室来 |
[46:37] | There will be a limit | 你们能筹集的 |
[46:38] | on how much outside capital you can raise. | 外部资金数目是有限制的 |
[46:42] | At no time can you manage more than 999 million dollars. | 绝对不能超过九亿九千九百万美元 |
[46:48] | There will be no buy-out to eliminate | 不许用全面收购来消除 |
[46:50] | the revenue share agreement | 收入分享协议 |
[46:52] | and no lock-up on my money. | 也不许封锁我的资金 |
[46:54] | I can pull the plug at any time. | 我随时都可以撤资 |
[46:57] | That’s the deal. No negotiation. | 就这么定了 不许讨价还价 |
[47:00] | I’m counting to five, and then it’s off the table. | 我数到五还不同意 提议作废 |
[47:04] | – One… – We’ll do it. | – 一 – 同意 |
[47:16] | Wise. | 明智的决定 |
[47:21] | And I’d better see you at the funeral. | 葬礼的时候最好能看到你们 |
[47:46] | I, uh, I don’t go to funerals. | 我几乎不去葬礼 |
[47:50] | I can’t bring myself to. I-I skip ’em. | 我没法说服自己去 略过它们 |
[47:53] | I send mountains of flowers and food to the wake, | 守灵的时候我送去堆成山的鲜花和食物 |
[47:57] | convince myself that’s the right thing to do. | 告诉自己这是正确的事情 |
[48:00] | If I were asked why, | 如果有人问我为什么 |
[48:03] | I’d say,”Well, we wanna remember him how he was,” | 我会说”我想记住他生前的样子” |
[48:05] | or some other bullshit. | 这种屁话 |
[48:10] | Truth? | 真心话 |
[48:12] | I like to keep moving so I don’t have to think about it. | 我喜欢向前看 这样我就不用想这件事了 |
[48:14] | More truth? | 更真心的话 |
[48:16] | I’m not the type to grapple with it all. | 我不喜欢面对这种难题 |
[48:19] | But… | 但是 |
[48:22] | There was no way that I was gonna skip this one. | 我不可能不参加这场葬礼 |
[48:28] | Because Donnie… | 因为唐尼 |
[48:31] | grappled with all of it. | 克服了所有难题 |
[48:33] | He was courage. | 他很勇敢 |
[48:37] | And… hope. | 又充满希望 |
[48:42] | And his intelligence and his kindness | 他的智慧和仁慈 |
[48:44] | made me wanna be all those things, too. | 让我也想拥有这些品质 |
[48:47] | As it did all of you. | 就像他对你们的影响那样 |
[48:54] | I am so angry that he’s gone. | 我非常生气他已经不在了 |
[49:01] | So glad that while he was here, | 我很荣幸他还在世的时候 |
[49:04] | I was one of the lucky few who knew him. | 我是有幸了解他的人之一 |
[49:11] | I admired Donnie Caan. | 我敬仰唐尼·卡恩 |
[49:17] | And I am proud to have called him a friend. | 我很骄傲我曾是他的朋友 |
[49:28] | Let’s do this. Donnie. | 敬唐尼 |
[49:31] | To Donnie. | 敬唐尼 |
[49:37] | Why you working from home today? | 你今天怎么没来上班 |
[49:40] | I went to a funeral and got kicked out… | 我去了一场葬礼 被赶出来了 |
[49:44] | by my wife. | 被我妻子赶出来了 |
[49:47] | I needed the quiet. | 我需要清静 |
[49:53] | The Judge Wilcox arrest… | 韦尔考克斯法官抓了 |
[49:56] | Slick move. | 圆滑的一步 |
[49:59] | That wasn’t it. It was just the opener, right? | 还没完 这只是个开始 是不是 |
[50:04] | You got rid of an impediment, but that’s not enough. | 你解决了一个障碍物 但还不够 |
[50:08] | You’re putting in your own blocker. | 你要放置自己的阻断剂 |
[50:10] | You wanna put someone in that seat… | 你想要别人坐上那个位置 |
[50:13] | someone who’ll owe you, not someone who’s compromised. | 某个欠你的人 而不是被迫妥协的人 |
[50:15] | Just a more… willing ear. | 某个更善于倾听的人 |
[50:23] | The person needs to be qualified. | 那个人要有资历 |
[50:24] | He or she needs to check out | 他或她一定要是 |
[50:26] | gold stars across the board. | 精英中的精英 |
[50:30] | It’s a Senate appointment, the Judiciary committee, | 要是参议院司法委员会的任命 |
[50:32] | so it won’t be immediate, but it won’t be long either. | 这样既不会太仓促 也不会拖延太久 |
[50:37] | Yeah, you’re almost there. | 是的 马上就猜到了 |
[50:44] | Adam DeGiulio? | 亚当·德贵里奥 |
[50:48] | And then he’s out of your way at the AG’s office, too. | 同时他也不挡住你成为司法部长的路 |
[50:50] | And maybe he leaves a friendly behind in his place. | 也许他还会美言几句 |
[50:56] | Don’t get too excited by how good it sounds. | 别高兴得太早 |
[50:59] | Everything’s gotta fall just right. | 一切都可能差之毫厘 |
[51:02] | And the odds of that happening… | 而发生那种意外的几率 |
[51:03] | Still, you’re playing the game again. Clear-eyed. | 依旧 你又回到游戏当中了 保持头脑清晰 |
[51:06] | Oh, that I am. | 没错 |
[51:09] | Drink? | 喝一杯 |
[51:11] | No. I’ll… I’ll keep mine clear, too. | 不了 我也要保持头脑清晰 |
[51:34] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[51:36] | Sad. | 伤心 |
[51:37] | Yeah. Good guy. | 他是个好人 |
[51:40] | One of the few people at work who were remotely interesting. | 工作上极少一部分有趣的人 |
[51:43] | Tell me about it. | 跟我讲讲 |
[51:46] | And… he was our gay guy. | 他是我们当中的同性恋 |
[51:51] | That make a difference? | 那又有什么不同 |
[51:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[51:55] | These days, it’s great to have a gay. | 如今这个世道 有个同性恋总是好事 |
[52:00] | You are a complete goddamn animal. | 你真是个彻头彻尾的禽兽 |
[52:11] | I ruined his life. | 我毁了他的生活 |
[52:15] | Say again? | 再说一遍 |
[52:16] | Donnie. | 唐尼 |
[52:19] | I was able to patch him up, | 是我让他振作起来 |
[52:22] | keep him in a game that made him miserable. | 留在一场令他痛苦的游戏里 |
[52:26] | If I just… | 如果我 |
[52:28] | let him fail, get fired, he would’ve been better off. | 让他失败 炒鱿鱼 他也许可以过得更好 |
[52:30] | He could’ve made the life he wanted. | 过他想过的生活 |
[52:32] | That’s kind of a stretch, Wendy. | 你夸大了你的影响 温蒂 |
[52:33] | Oh, he would’ve been so much happier | 重回学术界 |
[52:35] | if he’d returned to academia. | 他会开心很多 |
[52:37] | Give me a break. | 得了吧 |
[52:38] | College professors are broke as fuck and bitter, too. | 大学教授都是穷鬼 |
[52:42] | They certainly don’t leave 40 mil to their families | 他们肯定没法在死后 |
[52:43] | when they knock off. | 留给家人四千万 |
[52:46] | Now, what… | 那么 现在 |
[52:49] | is really going on, Dr. Rhoades? | 究竟怎么回事 罗德斯医生 |
[52:53] | Is it a little case of projection? | 这是不是投射效应 |
[52:57] | Donnie walked with 40? | 唐尼留下了四千万 |
[53:01] | Hyperbole. | 夸张而已 |
[53:04] | Just making my point. | 只是证明我的观点 |
[53:08] | Right. | 嗯 |
[53:10] | Worst part of my job, I’ll tell you that. | 我工作中最难的一部分 |
[53:13] | – Ari. – Hey, Bobby. | – 阿里 – 嗨 博比 |
[53:16] | Thank you, Dr. Gilbert, for the excellent care, | 谢谢你 吉尔伯特医生 为了你对唐尼的照顾 |
[53:19] | for trying so hard. | 想方设法救他 |
[53:27] | Walter, we’re gonna take off. | 沃尔特我们要走了 |
[53:31] | A messenger’s gonna stop by tomorrow. | 明天会有人过来 |
[53:33] | You’ll have all the info. | 你会知道所有信息 |
[53:35] | Any problems, you have the number, right? | 有什么问题 你知道电话的 是不是 |
[53:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[53:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[53:41] | I should be thanking you. | 是我该谢谢你 |
[53:44] | I took him away from you. | 我把他从你的身边带走了 |
[53:48] | He should’ve been with his family, with you. | 他本该陪着家人 陪着你 |
[53:52] | No. You pulled him out of a dark well, | 不 你带他走出了黑暗 |
[53:55] | made him himself again. | 再次做回自己 |
[53:58] | Got him reaching for that final piece of life | 让他真实得活过生命中的最后一段光阴 |
[54:00] | instead of watching it go. | 而不是看着它流逝 |
[54:04] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[54:09] | It was a good send-off. | 那是很好的告别 |
[54:11] | It was very Donnie. | 非常唐尼 |
[54:17] | So nothing to worry about on the Secret Santa front. | 不用担心神秘圣诞老人项目 |
[54:20] | I really couldn’t have that around the house. | 我真的受不了它们继续放在家里 |
[54:22] | Donnie loved doing it so much. | 唐尼非常期待这个项目 |
[54:24] | He kept saying, “I just wanna make it to Christmas | 他一直说”我一定要撑到圣诞节 |
[54:28] | so I can be Santa one more time.” | 那我就能再扮一次圣诞老人了” |
[54:31] | He’d see them get the gifts | 他要看着他们收到礼物 |
[54:33] | and beam straight through New Year’s. | 一直高兴到新年 |
[54:38] | He just didn’t make it. | 但他没有坚持住 |
[54:47] | Okay. I’ll meet you in the waiting room. | 我在等待室等你 |
[54:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[54:58] | Ari? How is he? | 阿里 他怎么样了 |
[55:00] | It’s not contained, and it’s spreading quickly. | 没有控制住 扩散的很快 |
[55:03] | I’m not into the calendar game, but… two, three months. | 我不爱数日子 不过 大概还有两三个月 |
[55:08] | That’s a shame. | 可惜 |
[55:10] | He is a candidate for a drug trial in Pittsburgh | 他可以申请参加匹兹堡的一个药物试验 |
[55:11] | that’s been yielding some pretty interesting results. | 那个新药有些有趣的结果 |
[55:14] | Such as? | 比如说 |
[55:16] | Slowing growth down, buying time, really. | 减缓细胞生长 争取更多时间之类的 |
[55:18] | How much? | 多长时间 |
[55:20] | Three or four months more, six. | 三到四个月 最多半年 |
[55:24] | I can get him in, | 我能让他参加 |
[55:26] | but it is a pretty rigorous course. | 不过这是个相当痛苦的过程 |
[55:29] | So… kind of rough | 就是说 对一个已经 |
[55:32] | for a guy who’s been through a lot already. | 经历了这么多的人来说很艰难 |
[55:34] | It can be. | 有可能 |
[55:38] | Maybe we shouldn’t bring it up. | 也许我们不该跟他提 |
[55:41] | You think? I… | 你这么想吗 我 |
[55:43] | Well, I mean, | 我是说 |
[55:44] | what kind of quality of life will he have? | 想想那是什么生活质量 |
[55:51] | Best not to bring it up then. | 那我们最好还是不要提了 |
[55:57] | Yeah. | 不提了 |