时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Previously on “Billions”… | 《财富战争》前情回顾 |
[00:09] | I am not my husband, | 我不是我丈夫 |
[00:11] | and I am not going to be the shuttlecock | 更不是让你们俩 |
[00:13] | that you two smack back and forth. | 打来打去的羽毛球 |
[00:15] | The only deal with teeth | 唯一能真正惩罚他的方法就是 |
[00:17] | would have to take him out of business forever. | 把他从这个行业赶出去 |
[00:19] | That’s the only deal he would never take. | 他绝不会同意这个协议 |
[00:21] | I can get him to come to you. | 我能让他来找你 |
[00:23] | The defendant agrees to an aggregate financial penalty | 被告同意接受19亿美元的 |
[00:26] | of 1.9 billion dollars. | 经济处罚 |
[00:29] | Didn’t he say that he would never settle? | 他不是说他绝不和解吗 |
[00:35] | Take a look at Chapter Ten. It’s a problem. | 仔细看下第十章 有点问题 |
[00:37] | It isn’t flattering. | 这可不是献媚讨好 |
[00:39] | Looking at some pretty serious reputational damage here. | 我看这是严重的名誉损坏 |
[00:42] | He made some shrewd trades around 9/11. | 他在9/11期间做了些精明的交易 |
[00:43] | You know, he did what he had to do. | 你知道 他只是做了他该做的 |
[00:45] | You have an informant in Axe Capital. | 你在埃克斯资本有内应 |
[00:47] | Our tech guys were able to pull metadata | 我们的技术人员通过元数据 |
[00:49] | that established he’d been in contact with insiders. | 证实他和内幕人士有联系 |
[00:52] | We had him boxed up. He broke like a Mexican condom. | 我们把他拿下了 他的心理防线顿时就瓦解了 |
[00:54] | Do all guys in my position hate themselves for doing this? | 跟我境况相似的人是不是都特别讨厌自己这么做 |
[00:57] | I’m still gonna need you to keep me informed. | 我仍然需要你和我通气 |
[00:59] | Then you’re not really recused. | 那么你就不是真的回避 |
[01:02] | I am. Officially. | 明面上 我是的 |
[01:04] | You used to be one of the most open people here. | 你曾是这里最坦诚的人之一 |
[01:09] | But you’ve… withdrawn from me. | 但是你…却对我有所隐瞒 |
[01:14] | What are you working on right now? | 你目前在做什么案子 |
[01:15] | Internet fraud case. | 网络诈骗案 |
[01:16] | Why don’t you skip Don Pasquale | 别去管什么唐·帕斯夸莱 |
[01:18] | and join us on this opera buffa, what do you say? | 和我们大干一场吧 你意下如何 |
[01:20] | Fuck, yes! | 乐意之极 |
[01:25] | I think you’re gonna be happy. | 我觉得这个能让你高兴点 |
[02:07] | Go. | 上 |
[02:18] | – FBI! – Go! | -FBI- 上 |
[02:21] | There’s someone in the house. | 有人闯进来了 |
[02:23] | It’ll be fine. | 没事儿的 |
[02:25] | Go be with the kids. | 去找孩子们 |
[02:33] | FBI! Let me see your hands! | FBI举起手来 |
[02:37] | Donnie. | 唐尼 |
[02:39] | It’s a nice place. | 这可真是个好地方 |
[02:41] | Moderne. | 现代风格 |
[02:42] | Sorry about your front door. | 抱歉弄坏你的大门 |
[02:45] | It’s all right. He can afford another one. | 没关系 他能再买一个 |
[02:48] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[02:49] | I wanted you to know what it’s gonna feel like | 我一直想让你知道 我们来抓你去坐牢 |
[02:52] | when we come to take you to jail. | 是个什么感觉 |
[02:53] | I’m giving you what you want. I’m giving you Axe. | 我给你你想要的 我给你埃克斯 |
[02:56] | Is that what you’re doing? | 你是在这么做吗 |
[02:57] | What the fuck is this? | 那这他妈又是什么 |
[02:59] | That’s our internal audit on Kemlot Biochemical. | 这是我们对凯米洛特生化公司的内部审计 |
[03:02] | When Axe takes a big position on Kemlot, long, | 等埃克斯持有凯米洛特公司股份一段时间后 |
[03:05] | that audit is going to be a key piece of evidence | 这个审计将会是个关键的证据 |
[03:07] | proving he went against the numbers | 证明他不合常理的交易 |
[03:09] | because he knew something. | 是因为他有内幕消息 |
[03:11] | There is nothing | 但这其中没有一点 |
[03:12] | that connects that document to Axelrod. | 能证明埃克斯罗德和这些文件有关系 |
[03:14] | Axe sent it to me. Check the cyber trail. | 是埃克斯发给我的 查一下网络线索 |
[03:17] | Our guys gave it one of these… | 我们的人好一顿查 |
[03:18] | …and it’s clean. | …一无所获 |
[03:20] | I’m doubting you’re even for real. | 我在怀疑你是否说了实话 |
[03:22] | You need evidence… | 你要拿到证据… |
[03:24] | Bobby Axelrod trading material nonpublic information… | 博比·埃克斯罗德非公开的交易资料 |
[03:27] | and you need it in a week. | 你要在一周内拿到 |
[03:30] | What happens in a week? | 一周之后会怎样 |
[03:33] | That’s when Axe is in federal custody… | 到时候联邦政府拘留的不是埃克斯 |
[03:36] | or you are. Get it done! | 就是你 搞定它 |
[04:00] | All right, cool. Right? | 好了 很酷 对吗 |
[04:02] | – It’s huge. – It is. | – 好大呀 – 没错 |
[04:04] | This is just the preshow. | 这还只是开场热身表演 |
[04:13] | Look at these guys. | 看看这些人 |
[04:16] | Oh! That was awesome. Huh? | 哇哦 好棒啊 |
[04:23] | – Dad. – Yeah? | – 爸爸 – 怎么了 |
[04:24] | It’s Mark Teixeira. Can I have an autograph? | 是马克·塔克薛拉 我能去要个亲笔签名吗 |
[04:27] | Oh, yeah. | 真的是他 |
[04:28] | Sure, let’s go ask. Come on. | 当然可以 我们去要吧 快来 |
[04:36] | Hey, uh, Kev, you know what? Let’s hold up. | 嘿 凯文你知道吗 我们先等等 |
[04:39] | Let’s not bother the man right now. Okay? | 我们先不要过去打扰他 好吗 |
[04:42] | Hey, Mark, | 嘿 马克 |
[04:44] | do you mind, uh, talking to this little man? | 你介意 和这个小家伙聊聊吗 |
[04:46] | I know his mom and dad. | 我认识他的爸爸妈妈 |
[04:47] | – Yeah. Come on. – Kevin! | – 没问题 快过来 -凯文 |
[04:49] | – Kevin, come on. – Can I go? | -凯文 过来 – 我能过去吗 |
[04:51] | Yeah, of course. Go on. | 当然 去吧 |
[04:55] | Hey, buddy. You a baseball player? | 嘿 小家伙 你是个棒球手吗 |
[04:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:58] | All right, let’s see if I can find a ball to sign for you. | 好的 那我们看看是否能找个球来给你签个名 |
[05:01] | – Junior. – Baron Von Axelrod. | – 小罗兹 -埃克斯罗德男爵 |
[05:05] | Gesture’s appreciated. | 很感激引荐 |
[05:07] | Of course. | 当然 |
[05:08] | Never women and children. | 不伤害女人和孩子 |
[05:11] | It’s a big deal for him. | 这对他真的很重要 |
[05:13] | Favorite player. Calls him the “Mark Man.” | 最喜欢的运动员 管他叫 马克侠 |
[05:14] | Well, he’s obviously got his mother’s instinct for people. | 好吧 很明显讨人喜欢继承了他妈妈的天性 |
[05:20] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[05:21] | Did I miss something? | 我错过了什么吗 |
[05:23] | No. Hey. | 没有 嘿 |
[05:26] | He’s growing like a weed. | 他长的很快 |
[05:27] | – Yes. – Hey, Kev | – 是啊 – 嘿 凯文 |
[05:28] | Let’s leave Mr. Teixeira alone. | 让我们不要打扰塔克薛拉先生了 |
[05:30] | Chuck Rhoades. | 我是 查克·罗德斯 |
[05:31] | – Thank you very much. – Yeah. | – 十分感谢 – 没事儿 |
[05:32] | – Thanks. – Pleasure. | – 谢谢 – 我的荣幸 |
[05:33] | I’ll see you at the office. | 我们办公室见 |
[05:40] | So you were telling me… | 对了刚才你跟我说… |
[05:41] | Yeah, Juice Press. | 鲜榨果汁 |
[05:42] | Our valuation’s already up ten-x. | 我们的估价已经涨了十倍 |
[05:45] | The bankers are all over us about an IPO. | 很多银行都找我们谈上市 |
[05:46] | – This thing’s gonna huge. – Sorry to interrupt. | – 这会是一重磅消息 – 抱歉打扰一下 |
[05:48] | Mark, there’s a couple guys over here you gotta meet. | 马克 那边还有些人你还要见一下 |
[05:50] | – Go ahead. – Sorry. | – 去吧 – 抱歉 |
[05:51] | Thanks, Bobby. | 谢谢你 博比 |
[05:57] | I’ve got a janitor. | 我有个做清洁工的线人 |
[05:58] | It’s as high as I could nail down so far. | 目前是我能找到的最好的线人了 |
[06:01] | But he’s already coming through. | 但是他已经有所发现 |
[06:02] | He saw something last night. | 他昨晚就发现了些问题 |
[06:04] | We may have a real issue. | 我们可能真有麻烦了 |
[06:09] | It was a great day for Kevin. | 今天对凯文是个开心的一天 |
[06:11] | He fell asleep with that ball in his hand. | 他睡着了 手里还握着球 |
[06:14] | Mm-hmm. Good. | 嗯 好极了 |
[06:20] | I was glad all the… | 我很高兴… |
[06:22] | shit didn’t get in the way. | 你们公事上的烂事没有影响到我们 |
[06:24] | I was impressed you could be civil… | 我很感动你能这么彬彬有礼 |
[06:25] | Pretty much took everything I had | 我几乎用尽一切力量 |
[06:27] | to let it fucking go down. | 才把一切克制住 |
[06:28] | Hey, really? | 嘿 真的吗 |
[06:30] | Something good happened to your son, | 有可以让你儿子开心的事情时候 |
[06:31] | and you can’t sidestep your personal feelings? | 你就不能把你的个人感受先放在一边吗 |
[06:36] | Sometimes I wish I were your patient… | 有时候我真希望自己是你的病人… |
[06:39] | Because then maybe | 因为那样的话 |
[06:42] | I would get a sympathetic ear every time I’m not | 每当我没有整天表现出我最好的一面的时候 |
[06:45] | my absolute best self 24 hours a day. | 总有个人乐意倾听 |
[06:48] | Yeah, I admit it. | 没错 我承认 |
[06:49] | I didn’t like standing there, grinning like an idiot, | 我不喜欢站在那 像个傻子一样呵呵笑 |
[06:52] | while Axe got to play Santa Claus and Bob Costas | 而埃克斯却在那里好像圣诞老人加 |
[06:55] | all rolled up into one. | 鲍伯·科斯塔斯的化身 |
[06:57] | If you were my patient, I would tell you to let it go. | 如果你是我的病人 我会告诉你放手吧 |
[06:59] | But you’re not, so grow the fuck up. | 但你不是 所以成熟点吧 |
[07:04] | – I’m trying. – You know, Axe was being nice. | – 我在尝试 – 你知道 埃克斯只是好心 |
[07:06] | He has that capacity. He wasn’t looking to hurt you. | 他有那个能力 但是他没打算伤害你 |
[07:09] | He was looking to do something nice for Kevin, | 他在做一些让凯文开心的事 |
[07:11] | because of me. | 因为我 |
[07:13] | Because of your special relationship. | 因为你们特殊的关系 |
[07:15] | Yes. | 没错 |
[07:17] | Why can’t you just… | 你为什么不能… |
[07:21] | I have seen someone… a headhunter. | 我去见了一个人…一个猎头 |
[07:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:27] | When you recused yourself, that meant a lot to me. | 当你提出回避时 对我而言意义重大 |
[07:31] | And I… | 我也… |
[07:33] | I felt like I should look into it… for us. | 我觉得我也应该做些什么…为了我们 |
[07:37] | What’d you find out? | 有什么结果了 |
[07:42] | Well… | 好吧… |
[07:44] | The numbers don’t add up. | 薪水不是那么好 |
[07:46] | We could make that work. | 这个我们可以解决 |
[07:48] | You make 185 a year. | 你年薪十八万五 |
[07:50] | If I leave Axe Capital and start over, | 如果我离开埃克斯资本重新开始 |
[07:52] | I’ll make a quarter of that, less at a clinic. | 我能赚那数的四分之一 比诊所要少 |
[07:55] | Really? | 真的 |
[07:57] | You could forget private schools for the kids. | 你就别指望让孩子们读私立学校了 |
[07:58] | Oh, come on, Wendy. | 哦 拜托 温迪 |
[07:59] | The money that you have in Axe’s fund… | 你存在埃克斯基金的钱… |
[08:01] | if you’re allowed to take it out, | 如果你同意把它取出来 |
[08:03] | if it’s not just a Ponzi scheme… | 如果这不是庞氏骗局的把戏 |
[08:05] | So we burn our savings? | 所以我们要花光积蓄吗 |
[08:06] | We’d have four, five years tops living where we’re living | 在钱花光前 我们顶多能在我们现在住的地方 |
[08:08] | before the money runs out. No. | 生活四五年 不行 |
[08:17] | You know, Brooklyn Heights Elementary is nice. | 你知道 布鲁克林高地小学也很好 |
[08:20] | – It’s closer. – I want my kids to go | – 离家很近 – 我希望我的孩子 |
[08:22] | to the same school that I went to, | 和我上同样的学校 |
[08:24] | that my father went to. | 那也是我父亲读过的学校 |
[08:26] | There’s a continuity that bridges the generations. | 这是几代人之间的延续 |
[08:29] | You can’t put a price on that. | 你不能用价钱去衡量它 |
[08:31] | Well, they do, and it’s 70 grand a year. | 但是他们有啊 一年七万 |
[08:37] | You should see a headhunter. | 你才应该去见一见猎头 |
[08:40] | No. We’re in the middle of major things right now. | 不 我们现在有很重要的事要做 |
[08:45] | Major. | 十分重要 |
[08:48] | It’s not the right time. | 现在不是时候 |
[08:55] | How about this? | 你看这样如何 |
[08:57] | If you get that big job you’ve always talked about, | 如果你拿到了你一直说的那个好工作 |
[09:00] | I’ll quit. | 我就辞职 |
[09:02] | I will leave Axe Capital. | 我就离开埃克斯资本 |
[09:20] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[09:21] | Hey. Hi. It’s been too long, babe. | 嗨 好久不见了 宝贝 |
[09:24] | How did you drag me out to this? | 你怎么把我拉到这儿来了 |
[09:26] | You always try to avoid them. | 你一直都尽量避开他们的 |
[09:27] | Usually, but this is one you needed to make. | 通常是的 但是这个你需要来 |
[09:30] | My boss is here, | 我老板在这儿 |
[09:31] | and he’s got a book with a redacted chapter | 他带了本书 里面一个修订过的章节 |
[09:34] | that you’ll be interested in. | 你可能会感兴趣 |
[09:36] | Come here. | 来这边 |
[09:37] | Albus. | 阿尔布斯 |
[09:38] | I wanted you to meet my friend, Kate Sacker. | 我想让你见一下我的朋友 凯特·塞克 |
[09:41] | We were in Tiger, in together. And she’s a voracious reader. | 我们曾一起在虎牌公司工作 她是个书迷 |
[09:45] | Hello there. | 你好 |
[09:46] | What brings you to this haven of words and wine? | 是什么让你来到这个文字和红酒的港湾 |
[09:48] | Oh, just the chance to meet erudite gentlemen | 想找机会与博识的绅士见面 |
[09:50] | and learn from them. | 也想借此向他们学习 |
[09:58] | There is nothing illegal in here, | 这里面没有写什么非法的事情 |
[09:59] | nothing actionable, | 也没有可以起诉的 |
[10:00] | but fuck. | 但是该死 |
[10:01] | A guy who has so much | 这家伙的 |
[10:04] | of his public reputation built on 9/11. | 公众声誉都是靠着911事件建立起来的 |
[10:06] | It’s… | 这事 |
[10:11] | Okay, if this is about Axelrod, | 好吧 如果这件事和埃克斯lord有关 |
[10:13] | I can’t be here. Why’d you text me? | 我不应该出现的 你为什么给我发信息 |
[10:15] | You just need to read this thing I found. | 你一定要看看我发现的东西 |
[10:19] | It’ll make your day. | 看完之后你一整天都会心情大好 |
[10:20] | Tell me. | 说吧 |
[10:22] | The reason Axe wasn’t in the Towers on 9/11 | 埃克斯在911事件当天没有和他公司其他人 |
[10:25] | with the rest of his company | 一起待在大厦里 |
[10:27] | was because he was at his attorney’s office | 是因为他当时在他律师的办公室里 |
[10:29] | going over his severance package. | 研究他的解雇补偿金 |
[10:33] | That’s what’s great about you, Sacker. Always ears out. | 塞克 你就是这点好 顺风耳 |
[10:37] | So they were brooming him? | 所以他们想把他扫地出门 |
[10:39] | Big-time. | 没错 |
[10:40] | Partners thought his trades were over the line, | 合伙人觉得他参与的交易有越界之嫌 |
[10:42] | maybe illegal. | 甚至是违法 |
[10:43] | 9/11… their deaths… | 911事件 他们都死了 |
[10:45] | saved his career. | 拯救了他的职业生涯 |
[10:46] | It allowed him to take over the firm, | 911事件使他接管了公司 |
[10:48] | rename it for himself. | 还用他自己的名字重新命名 |
[10:50] | And it gets worse. Listen to this… | 还有更糟糕的 听听这个 |
[10:51] | “Bobby claims that he was supporting the rescue efforts | 博比声称他支持911事件的救援工作 |
[10:53] | on 9/11, but like everything else in his life, | 但是和他这辈子干的其他事情一样 |
[10:57] | this is a lie. Because after the dust settled…” | 这是个谎言 尘埃落定之后 |
[10:59] | “…the whispers began. | 谣言四起 |
[11:01] | But by the time the New York markets reopened, | 等到纽约股市重新开始交易的时候 |
[11:03] | Bobby was hundreds of millions of dollars richer.” | 博比一下子多了几个亿的资产 |
[11:08] | If this gets out… | 如果这件事传出去 |
[11:10] | I will have nothing to do with this. No. | 我不能和这件事扯上任何关系 绝不 |
[11:13] | Nor will I leak it. | 我也不会泄露出去的 |
[11:21] | Did he just tell us to leak it? | 他刚刚是说 让我们泄露出去吗 |
[11:23] | How could he? He was never even here. | 他怎么可能说 他根本就没来过这里 |
[11:36] | Who should we give it to? | 我们应该把故事透露给谁呢 |
[11:41] | Sacker has a friend at the Times, | 塞克有一个朋友 在时代周刊工作 |
[11:43] | but someone might figure that out. | 但是这样的话可能被人发现 |
[11:44] | Dimonda. | 给戴蒙达 |
[11:45] | Dimonda? He’s torched us twice already. | 戴蒙达 他已经坑过我们两次了 |
[11:48] | You’re gonna reward that? | 你这是要报答他吗 |
[11:49] | Yes, I am. I’ll give it to him. | 没错 我会亲自把书交给他 |
[11:51] | He understands contract. | 他明白什么是合同 |
[11:53] | He’ll know the value of what we’re bringing him. | 他知道我们给他的东西多么有价值 |
[11:55] | And he’ll reward it. | 他会好好利用的 |
[11:56] | It’s not just about this story. | 不仅仅是这则新闻 |
[11:58] | It’s about the next one, the one after that. | 还有下一个 再下一个 |
[12:00] | And he’s not Axe’s guy anymore. He’s our guy. | 他不再是埃克斯的人了 他是我们的人 |
[12:10] | Hey. This came for you. | 这是给你的 |
[12:13] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[12:20] | Hall called yesterday with some distressing news. | 霍尔昨天打电话 告诉我了一个坏消息 |
[12:24] | US attorneys pulled in an informant | 昨天半夜 检察官的人 |
[12:25] | in the middle of the night. | 把线人带回去问话 |
[12:27] | He doesn’t have a name, | 他不知道到底是谁 |
[12:28] | but he knows he works here at Axe Capital. | 但是他知道那个人在埃克斯资本工作 |
[12:30] | What the fuck? You sat on this for half a day? | 他妈的怎回事 你知道半天了 一直不说 |
[12:33] | What should I have done? | 那我应该怎么办呢 |
[12:34] | Fire everyone, right now, including me. | 马上把所有人都开除了 包括我 |
[12:36] | Wags, if it’s you, you got me. | 瓦格斯如果你是那个线人 那我就无计可施了 |
[12:41] | I am gonna fire somebody, though. | 不过 我确实要开除某些人 |
[12:43] | That’s for fucking certain. | 这是必须的 |
[12:45] | – Who? – The informant. | – 开除谁 – 那位线人 |
[12:47] | Do you know who it is? | 你知道是谁吗 |
[12:49] | I will. | 我会知道的 |
[12:55] | Put your phones down! Put your phones down! | 把你们的电话都放下 都放下 |
[13:00] | Everybody, right now! | 所有人 马上放下 |
[13:01] | Bid 71 the figure. | 出价七十一点 |
[13:03] | – Fifty half a hundred. – Put it in. | – 一百块能赚五十块半 – 买入吧 |
[13:05] | Like, right now. | 现在就买 |
[13:06] | Who are you talking to? | 你在和谁打电话 |
[13:08] | Uh, nobody. | 没和谁啊 |
[13:09] | Our… our… our sales monkey at Morgan. | 我们在摩根的销售人员 |
[13:11] | Let me see your phone. | 把你的电话拿出来让我看看 |
[13:14] | Not that phone! Not your work phone! | 不是这个电话 不是你的工作电话 |
[13:17] | Your real phone! | 你的手机 |
[13:19] | Ah, here. | 给你 |
[13:22] | This is an offshore number. What is this? | 这个离岸号码 是谁的 |
[13:24] | A-a guy, an analyst. | 一个男的 分析师 |
[13:26] | With a fucking Antigua country code? | 国家代码显示 是一个安提瓜岛的国家 |
[13:28] | A-all right, it’s my bookie. He’s set up offshore. | 好吧 这是我的赌博经纪人 他公司在境外 |
[13:30] | What’s this? Unmarked? | 这个是什么 未标注 |
[13:32] | I’m calling this right now. | 我现在就给他打过去 |
[13:33] | Don’t. Please don’t. Don’t. | 不要 求你了 别打 |
[13:34] | Don’t. | 千万别打 |
[13:36] | Who the fuck are you talking to? | 你到底是在跟谁打电话 |
[13:38] | It’s my… my girlfriend from high school. | 是我高中时候的女朋友 |
[13:42] | I didn’t have the heart to erase her number. | 我没勇气删除她的电话号 |
[13:44] | She’s… she’s so sweet. | 她太可爱了 |
[13:47] | And chesty. | 而且很丰满 |
[13:49] | J J… | |
[13:50] | You have to stop calling me. | 你别再给我打电话了 |
[13:54] | Everyone here is on notice. | 所有人都给我听好了 |
[13:58] | Everything you do will be picked apart | 你们做的事情都要接受检查 |
[14:01] | until I discover who is on the level | 直到我找到可以信得过的人 |
[14:03] | and who’s a fucking quisling! | 找到谁是内奸 |
[14:12] | That should get the rat scurrying. | 这么一来 那个叛徒肯定得躲一躲了 |
[14:17] | What the fuck is a quisling? | 内奸是什么 |
[14:19] | Turncoat. | 叛徒 |
[14:22] | Shit! | 妈蛋 |
[14:24] | I knew it didn’t sound good. | 我就知道不是什么好事 |
[14:30] | Hey. Congrats on getting the book. | 恭喜你拿到了那本书 |
[14:32] | Really fucking awesome. | 简直是太棒了 |
[14:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[14:36] | Come out with me tonight. We should celebrate. | 今晚和我出去庆祝一下吧 |
[14:39] | Is this a superior taking out a subordinate | 这是上级要带下属出去 |
[14:42] | for a job well done? | 因为下属工作做得不错吗 |
[14:43] | Uh, yeah, I guess. | 应该是吧 |
[14:45] | Love to, | 我很想去 |
[14:47] | but I have, uh, dinner plans. | 不过 我已经安排晚餐了 |
[14:49] | My parents. | 和我的父母 |
[14:50] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[14:52] | Come along. | 你也过来呗 |
[14:57] | The wire at Axe Cap is humming. | 装在埃克斯资产的窃听器有动静了 |
[14:59] | What? | 什么 |
[15:01] | Axelrod went full Captain Queeg on a trader. | 埃克斯罗德对一个操盘手大发雷霆 |
[15:03] | He’s launching a mole hunt. | 他开始找内奸了 |
[15:04] | I don’t know if he knows something | 我不知道 他是不是知道什么了 |
[15:05] | or if he’s just paranoid, but our man’s in trouble. | 还是他太狂躁了 我们的人遇到麻烦了 |
[15:07] | Shit. | 天哪 |
[15:13] | You’ve got a problem. | 你遇到麻烦了 |
[15:15] | He’ll smoke out your guy. | 他会发现你们的人 |
[15:17] | Bury the SEC file on that Rubinex trade he got pinged on. | 收好让他被抓的卢比奈科斯的卷宗 |
[15:20] | Spyros’s office is a fucking sieve. | 斯皮罗斯办公室这帮该死的人 总是走漏风声 |
[15:23] | Axelrod’s probably got a leg in there right now, | 埃克斯罗德可能已经在里面安插了他的人 |
[15:25] | looking for anything open on his people, so… | 随时帮他查看 有没有案子要调查他的人 |
[15:29] | I will. | 我会藏好的 |
[15:34] | Bibimbap? | 石锅拌饭 |
[15:37] | You of all people. | 真搞不懂你们这群人 |
[15:39] | It’s… It’s fucking mall food. | 这他妈的不就是路边摊吗 |
[15:40] | What? It’s good. Vegetarian. | 你说什么 它很好吃啊 都是素的 |
[15:42] | Yeah, you think it keeps you thin. | 是啊 你觉得吃这个你就能保持身材 |
[15:43] | Well, at least put some kimchi on it, for fuck’s sake. | 天哪 上面至少得放点泡菜吧 |
[15:46] | Come on. | 别闹 |
[15:50] | Thattaboy. | 好孩子 |
[15:57] | You know, you still have a problem. | 你知道吗 你还有一个麻烦 |
[15:59] | If he’s looking for a mole, | 他在找叛徒 |
[16:01] | he’s not gonna stop until he’s got a mole. | 找到叛徒之前 他是不会收手的 |
[16:05] | So you gotta give him a mole. | 所以你需要给他一个叛徒 |
[16:07] | You want me to take some schmuck | 你想让我找个倒霉蛋 |
[16:09] | and start talking to him, | 和他聊一聊 |
[16:11] | make him look like he’s the informant? | 让他看起来像那个叛徒 |
[16:13] | Frame an innocent guy, get him fired, ruined? | 栽赃一个无辜的人 让他被开除 被毁了 |
[16:15] | No. You want to. | 不是我想 是你想 |
[16:19] | I’m just telling you how. | 我就是告诉你该怎么办 |
[16:22] | A Michelin star. | 一个米其林星 |
[16:27] | I could not be more proud of our family. | 我为我们这个大家庭感到无比自豪 |
[16:30] | And, of course, we have to single out one member. | 当然 有一个人我们要单独提一下 |
[16:33] | ‘Cause when you get that star, | 当你得到那颗星的时候 |
[16:34] | it means you have a world-class chef. | 你就是世界级的厨师了 |
[16:37] | This one just happens to be my baby sister. | 我亲爱的妹妹做到了 |
[16:39] | So let’s raise a glass | 我们现在举起酒杯 |
[16:41] | to the woman who made this all possible… | 敬那位做到这一切的人 |
[16:43] | Lu. | 为露举杯 |
[16:45] | To Lu! | 为露举杯 |
[16:47] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[16:49] | – Cheers! – Cheers. | – 干杯 – 干杯 |
[17:01] | How long have they been hanging out? | 他们在周围转多久了 |
[17:04] | Past three days. | 三天了 |
[17:05] | Are they in uniform? | 他们穿制服吗 |
[17:07] | No, but they’re watching the farm | 没有 不过他们在监视农场 |
[17:09] | like they’re undercover or something. | 感觉他们是便衣还是什么别的 |
[17:11] | I don’t know. Maybe cops. Maybe miga. | 我不知道 可能是警察 也可能移民局的 |
[17:14] | Does everyone have their papers? | 每个人都有证件吗 |
[17:20] | Don’t make me lie to you. | 别逼着我对你说谎 |
[17:23] | Cross-referenced e-mail contents, | 交叉比对电子邮件的内容 |
[17:25] | web histories, ten most profitable trades, | 网页浏览历史 十笔利润最高的交易 |
[17:27] | anything that tried to duck compliance. | 所有逃避合规的做法 |
[17:29] | Forward the e-mails to me. | 把邮件转发给我 |
[17:31] | These guys are, uh, saying | 这帮家伙在邮件里 |
[17:32] | some pretty terrible things about you in them. | 说了很多和你有关的难听的话 |
[17:34] | Of course they are. I’m their boss. | 他们肯定说了 我是他们老板 |
[17:37] | Hit me with some of the worst. | 给我来点最难听的 |
[17:41] | “The man fucking creeps me out. | 那人把我吓疯了 |
[17:43] | Is he even a man or some kind of alien magi?” | 他到底是人还是外星人 |
[17:47] | “His eyes see the dark truth inside us all, | 他的眼睛看到了我们内心的黑暗面 |
[17:49] | a truth that wasn’t even dark until he looked at it.” | 他没看我们的时候 黑暗面还不存在呢 |
[17:54] | “He knows I’m typing this. | 他知道我在打字 |
[17:56] | He’s having this e-mail read aloud to him right now.” | 他现在让别人把这封邮件读出来 |
[17:59] | Who wrote that? | 谁写的 |
[18:01] | No. Don’t tell me. | 不用告诉我是谁 |
[18:03] | I already know from the syntax. | 听这句子结构 我就知道是谁 |
[18:05] | What do they say about Wags? | 他们怎么说瓦格斯的 |
[18:06] | No. No way. I’m not like you. | 我不听 我不像你 |
[18:09] | I can’t hear it. It would break me. | 我听不了这种话 我会伤心的 |
[18:11] | Well, uh, I’ll say one thing. | 我只说一点 |
[18:12] | People are scared. | 大家都很害怕 |
[18:14] | Three people deleted their hard drives | 三个人清空了硬盘 |
[18:16] | and overwrote them with new data. | 用新的数据覆盖了 |
[18:17] | Is there a reason to do that? | 为什么要这么做呢 |
[18:18] | Yeah, to intentionally make the files unrecoverable. | 这是有意地让文件不可修复 |
[18:22] | Who? | 都是谁 |
[18:24] | Channing Feldt. Butch Probert. | 钱宁·菲尔特 布奇·普罗伯特 |
[18:28] | – The Pouch? – The Pouch? | – 那个受气包 – 那个受气包 |
[18:29] | And, uh, Donnie Caan. | 还有唐尼•卡恩 |
[18:35] | If this is what you say it is and I can verify it, | 如果这东西和你说的一样 我还能证实的话 |
[18:39] | we are in a whole new place, Chuck. | 查克 我们一切重新开始 |
[18:40] | Well, that’s why I brought it to you. | 就是因为这个 我才把这个给你 |
[18:41] | Chase down what he did after the first plane hit. | 查出来第一架飞机撞到大楼之后他都做了什么 |
[18:44] | – The implications… – I understand the implication. | – 言下之意就是 – 我明白言下之意 |
[18:46] | Right. What are you eating there, cabbage? | 你在这里吃什么呢 卷心菜 |
[18:49] | Yeah. Goi Ba. | 越南沙拉 |
[18:50] | Delicious. | 好吃 |
[18:53] | You know, there’s more to bahn mi than bread. | 你知道越南三明治不仅仅是面包那么简单 |
[18:55] | If you say so. | 你说是就是 |
[18:57] | Just so you know, if you’re playing me, | 提前声明 要是你耍我 |
[18:59] | and this story doesn’t make, I swear to God… | 且这个故事不大卖的话 看我不… |
[19:00] | I’m not. | 不会的 |
[19:02] | Fact-check it, run it, and you’ll see | 考察一下真实性再发表 然后你就会知道 |
[19:04] | you’re not the only one who understands contract. | 理解合约含义的不止你一人 |
[19:12] | Thank you so much for joining us, Bryan. | 非常感谢你的到来 布莱恩 |
[19:15] | – We’re honored. – It’s my honor. | – 这是我们的荣幸 – 是我的荣幸 |
[19:17] | From how our daughter described you, | 从我们女儿描述你的方式来看 |
[19:18] | I figured you’d blow it off. | 我还以为你不会来 |
[19:21] | I’m a businessman, after all. | 毕竟 我是商业人士 |
[19:24] | I don’t hate business. I hate criminals. | 我恨的不是商业 是罪犯 |
[19:27] | I can see the difference. | 其中区别我懂的 |
[19:28] | Most civil servants can’t, | 大部分公务员却不懂 |
[19:30] | which is what they use to justify | 还以此为他们 |
[19:32] | their own less-than-scrupulous behavior. | 粗心大意的行为找借口 |
[19:34] | Whoa. | 喔 |
[19:36] | Shots fired. | 开始了 |
[19:37] | Uh, I don’t think we’re the ones… | 我不觉得我们… |
[19:38] | Don’t take the bait, Bryan. | 别中招 布莱恩 |
[19:39] | No, no. He already has. | 他已经中了 |
[19:41] | Are you saying you don’t occasionally give in | 你是说 你不会时不时地屈服于 |
[19:43] | to the impetus to get down in the gutter | 不达目的誓不罢休的念头 |
[19:44] | and brawl no-holds-barred style? | 为达目的不择手段 |
[19:47] | Uh, I might’ve shown him the manuscript, | 我给他看了手稿 |
[19:49] | told him the sitch. | 和他说了 |
[19:52] | Why would you show him… | 你为什么要给他看… |
[19:53] | I…uh… | 我… |
[19:55] | I tell my dad everything. | 我什么都和我爸爸说 |
[19:57] | And when I brought that book home, I needed some advice. | 我把那本书带回家的时候 我需要建议 |
[19:59] | I knew what would happen with it, | 我知道会这本书会导致什么 |
[20:01] | and I didn’t know if I could or should be involved in that. | 却不知道我是否可以或应该卷入进去 |
[20:05] | And he convinced me to bring it in. | 是他说服我把书交上去 |
[20:08] | Thanks for setting her straight. | 多谢你说服了她 |
[20:10] | I advised her it was her duty to share it with her superiors, | 我提醒她 将书交给上级是她的职责 |
[20:13] | even if something unethical might happen with it after. | 即便之后会有某些不道德的事情发生 |
[20:15] | – Unethical? – Dad… | – 不道德 – 爸 |
[20:17] | Maybe it’s inevitable that Axelrod’s darkest secrets | 或许埃克斯罗德最黑暗的秘密被公之于众 |
[20:19] | will be made public. | 是不可避免的 |
[20:20] | Inevitability is | 这种必然性给人 |
[20:22] | a problematic moral justification for anything. | 不道德的借口去做任何事 |
[20:24] | Look, Mr. Sacker… | 塞克先生 |
[20:26] | Call me Frank. | 叫我弗兰克就行了 |
[20:28] | Frank… | 弗兰克 |
[20:29] | I’ve accepted certain realities. | 我已经接受现实了 |
[20:33] | Doing bad to do good. | 为行善而作恶 |
[20:35] | Nothing you say could convince me that’s all right. | 你说什么都无法让我相信这是正确的 |
[20:38] | No. We need to fight back. Think of it what you will. | 不 我们需要反击 你怎么看是你的事 |
[20:41] | Hey, I have responsibilities beyond niceties. | 与拘泥细节相比 我更在意责任 |
[20:44] | – Let me ask you one thing. – Hmm? | – 我想问你件事 – 嗯 |
[20:47] | How does it make you feel, Bryan? | 这么做让你感觉如何 布莱恩 |
[20:49] | You know, when I was young, I would’ve done the same thing. | 我要是年轻一些 或许也会做这样的事 |
[20:51] | Not anymore. | 但现在不会了 |
[20:52] | Sleeping well has become important to me. | 优质的睡眠现在对我来说是越来越重要了 |
[20:55] | So is looking my daughter in the eye, | 当我看着我女儿的眼睛 |
[20:57] | knowing she’s looking back at a good person. | 知晓她眼中的我是个好人亦是如此 |
[21:00] | Principle doesn’t usually go away all at once. | 原则不是一次性全丢失的 |
[21:02] | It’s a, uh, creeping erosion. | 而是一点点慢慢腐蚀掉的 |
[21:07] | A Michelin star. | 一颗米其林星 |
[21:09] | Well, it was a great moment. | 真是个美妙的时刻 |
[21:14] | That’s not a real smile. | 这笑有点假 |
[21:21] | I had to let Marta and her family go. | 我不得不炒了玛尔塔一家 |
[21:24] | Their papers were forged. | 他们的证件是假的 |
[21:25] | We’re going through everyone. | 我们现在在检查所有人的证件 |
[21:28] | Tito thinks that immigration agents are watching the farm, | 提托觉得移民局的人在监视我们农场 |
[21:30] | and I think so, too. | 我看也是 |
[21:32] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[21:33] | I saw them, and they’re not local cops. | 我看见了 他们不是当地警察 |
[21:46] | They’re Rhoades’s people. | 他们是罗德斯的人 |
[21:48] | FBI. | 联邦调查局 |
[21:51] | They’ve been staking us out here, too. | 此时此刻 他们也在监视我们 |
[21:53] | They’re watching our house? | 他们在监控我们的房子 |
[21:56] | I didn’t know that they were on you for sure. | 我以前不确定他们是否在监视你 |
[21:58] | I didn’t want to alarm you. | 我也不想吓着你 |
[22:00] | Well, please fucking alarm me. | 我请你吓我吧 |
[22:01] | I need to know what’s going on. | 我需要知道发生了什么 |
[22:03] | No. Not always. | 不一定 |
[22:04] | Not if there’s nothing we can do to change it. | 我们要是改变不了的话 就不用 |
[22:06] | This is the way things are now. | 现在就是这个样子了 |
[22:09] | Didn’t the possibility cross your mind | 你就没想到过 |
[22:10] | that they might be watching us? | 他们可能在监视我们 |
[22:12] | Of course. | 当然想过 |
[22:13] | Well, then you wouldn’t have done anything differently. | 那你也没做什么改变 |
[22:14] | Don’t handle me. | 别把我当小孩 |
[22:16] | I wasn’t. I’m not. | 我过去没有 现在我没有 |
[22:17] | Fuck them. I want you to live unencumbered. | 去他们的 我想让你过得轻松点 |
[22:20] | This is a new reality. | 现实就是如此了 |
[22:22] | Don’t fucking pretend it isn’t. | 别他妈的假装不是 |
[22:43] | I thought about it, what you said. | 我考虑过你说的了 |
[22:46] | And you’re right. Tactically. But I can’t do it. | 从战术上看 你是对的 但我不会这么做的 |
[22:49] | I won’t frame an innocent man as our mole. | 我不会诬陷一个无辜的人 说他是我们的内应 |
[22:52] | It’s, uh, an… erosion of principle. | 这是有损做人的原则 |
[22:57] | There are no innocent men, | 华尔街里 |
[22:59] | not on Wall Street. | 没人是无辜的 |
[23:02] | So you won’t act to protect the source? | 所以你不会采取行动来保护你的线人 |
[23:06] | No. Not… not this way. | 不 不能用这种方法 |
[23:09] | If you don’t play back at him, he’ll find the guy. | 如果你不反击 他就会找到他 |
[23:12] | That’s how this is gonna play out. | 接下来就会这样 |
[23:16] | Axelrod is gonna be with your guy in a room, | 埃克斯罗德会和他待在一个办公室里 |
[23:18] | just the two of them, sitting there, | 就他们两个面对面坐着 |
[23:20] | and he’s gonna be staring right the fuck through him. | 他会一眼把你的线人看穿 |
[23:24] | Maybe by the end of today. | 或许就是今天 |
[23:28] | But you know what? Maybe it’s not my game anymore. | 但你知道吗 也许这已经不是我的时代了 |
[23:35] | Yeah, maybe it’s you young guys, eating your salads | 也许这是你们年轻人的 一边吃着沙拉 |
[23:37] | and remaking the world. | 一边改变这个世界 |
[23:40] | No, I know how to win. But, uh… | 我知道该怎么赢 不过… |
[23:43] | if that’s not what it is anymore, | 如果这不再是关键所在的话 |
[23:46] | then, uh… | 那么 |
[23:48] | you do it your way, Bryan. | 你按你的方式来 布莱恩 |
[23:50] | Okay, I will. | 我会的 |
[24:09] | Donna, what days a week is Adam DeGiulio in New York? | 唐娜 亚当·德贵里奥一般是哪天在纽约 |
[24:11] | Uh, Wednesdays, I believe. | 应该是周三 |
[24:13] | Good. Get me on his schedule for breakfast in my office. | 好 帮我约他吃早餐 就在我办公室里 |
[24:16] | I don’t think he eats breakfast. | 他不吃早餐的 |
[24:18] | Well, then, whatever it is he does in the mornings. | 不管他早上做什么 都给我约上 |
[24:20] | And get this… | 把这个 |
[24:23] | ball chair outta here. | 球椅弄出去 |
[24:28] | What’s up with the meditation room? | 冥想室怎么了 |
[24:31] | I asked one of the workmen. | 我问了个工人 |
[24:32] | Axe is having it reinforced into a panic room | 埃克斯要把它改成安全房 |
[24:35] | in case of a fucking attack. | 以免有人要打过来 |
[24:37] | Who does he think’s gonna attack? | 他认为谁会打过来 |
[24:44] | Donnie. Axe wants you in the conference room right now. | 唐尼 埃克斯要你现在就去会议室 |
[24:47] | Well, we don’t have anything scheduled. | 我们没有安排什么事项 |
[24:48] | Good. | 很好 |
[24:50] | He didn’t want to give you the chance to prepare. | 他不想给你机会做准备 |
[25:36] | I’m gonna be sick. | 我要吐了 |
[25:41] | We’ll pick this up again tomorrow. | 我们明天继续 |
[25:51] | I’ll let ’em sweat it out overnight. | 让他们先熬过今晚 |
[26:00] | Tell Hall’s guy to tail him. | 让霍尔的人跟着他 |
[26:24] | 陌生号码 见面 马上 | |
[27:16] | T., where do you lead on beside the bid rigging thing? | T. 除了串通投标的事你手上什么 |
[27:20] | The Scarsdale payroll fraud. | 斯卡斯代尔工资单造假 |
[27:22] | Give that to Cook. | 交给库克办去 |
[27:24] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[27:27] | Yale, right? | 耶鲁 是吧 |
[27:29] | Beloit, then Yale, | 先是伯洛伊特 然后是耶鲁 |
[27:31] | then Okin & Cutler. | 再后来是奥金&卡特勒律所 |
[27:32] | Five years? | 五年 |
[27:33] | Eight. | 八年 |
[27:34] | I always wanted to work here, of course, | 我一直想在那里工作 |
[27:36] | but I had to get… set up first. | 但我必须先… 培养经验 |
[27:39] | And when you go back, you go back to a senior position. | 然后回去的时候 你就可以得到一个高职 |
[27:41] | You’re a dot-gov lifer, right? | 你一辈子都在为政府效力了 对吧 |
[27:44] | Only the monastery for me. Mm. | 对我来说是唯一的修道院 |
[27:47] | What are you clearing my plate for? | 为什么要把我手头事给清理掉 |
[27:49] | Patience, T. | 耐心点 T. |
[28:14] | You’re being followed. Go home. | 你被跟踪了 回家吧 |
[28:26] | Ten-two. | 十比二 |
[28:27] | Match point. | 最后一球 |
[28:28] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[28:31] | Jesus Christ, Ira. | 我的天 艾拉 |
[28:33] | When did you turn into Sharif Khan? | 你什么时候变这么专业了 |
[28:36] | I gotta confess. | 我承认 |
[28:37] | I-I’m working on my boasts and rails with a pro. | 我在和一位职业选手练球 |
[28:39] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[28:41] | 300 an hour. | 三百美元一小时 |
[28:43] | But hey, at least I don’t suck anymore. | 但最起码我球技提高了 |
[28:45] | You want his number? | 你要他号码吗 |
[28:46] | You just gave it to me. | 你刚才给过我了 |
[28:48] | – And it’s too much. – What’s going on, Chuck? | – 太贵了 – 怎么了 查克 |
[28:50] | We don’t play for two months, and then twice in a week. | 我们两个月没打了 现在却一周打两次 |
[28:53] | I know you. You’re up to something. | 我了解你 你有事儿 |
[28:56] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[28:58] | Truth is, I don’t know what I’m up to. | 事实是 我都不知道我在做什么事儿 |
[29:02] | Yeah, you put in the hours, the years, | 你花费大量时间 |
[29:03] | to get to a certain point, then you get there… | 就是为了达到某个目的 可当你完成了 |
[29:05] | and, uh… | 却又… |
[29:07] | Not everything you want it to be. | 发现这不是你想象的样子 |
[29:10] | Nothing ever is, but, uh… | 从来就不是 可是 |
[29:14] | You ever feel like you’re on the cusp of a great triumph, | 你有没有感觉过你正站在事业最顶端 |
[29:19] | and then you just wanna give it all up? | 然而你却想将之放弃 |
[29:22] | Yeah, sure. | 当然有过 |
[29:24] | And at what point do you enjoy what you’ve achieved? | 什么时候才能享受自己的成就呢 |
[29:28] | I could be the fucking president | 就算我是他妈的总统 |
[29:29] | and still be boxed in from above and below. | 也会身居斗室 左右夹击 |
[29:32] | Bobby Axelrod… | 博比·埃克斯罗德 |
[29:35] | could run through the Serengeti | 可以跑着穿越塞伦盖蒂平原 |
[29:37] | and not break a sweat. | 都不流一滴汗 |
[29:39] | I go down in the subway, I gotta change my shirt. | 我就去下地铁 都要换件短袖 |
[29:43] | You do what you do just as well as him. | 其实你们俩都做的很好了 |
[29:46] | Maybe better. | 或许你还要更好 |
[29:49] | I wanna test the waters in a private firm. | 我想去一家私人律所试试 |
[29:54] | – Really? – Mm. | – 是嘛 – 嗯 |
[29:57] | Oh, Chuck. You… you… you gotta let me do it. | 查克 让我来做这件事 |
[29:59] | You gotta let me be the one to set it up. | 你一定要让我来 |
[30:02] | They all want you. You’ll cash in. | 他们都想要你去 你能赚大钱的 |
[30:03] | Let me wheel you into three places | 让我给你推荐三个公司 |
[30:05] | and get the bidding war started. | 看他们哪家钱出的最多 |
[30:06] | Mm, no. Just one. | 一个就行了 |
[30:09] | – Horvath. – Of course. | – 霍瓦特- 当然了 |
[30:11] | The best Supreme Court litigator. | 最好的最高法院诉讼律师 |
[30:13] | Big here and in Washington. | 在这里和华盛顿都大有名气 |
[30:14] | Get me a meeting at Horvath. Keep it confidential. | 帮我跟霍瓦特约个时间 记得保密 |
[30:16] | You say where and when. | 时间地点你定 |
[30:44] | How did you know I was being followed? | 你怎么知道我被跟踪了的 |
[30:47] | Oh, right. You’re watching Axe Capital. | 对了 你们在监视埃克斯资本 |
[30:51] | Out of the three of us, | 我们三个之中 |
[30:52] | Pouch always plays on the straight and narrow. | 受气包向来安分守己 |
[30:55] | For fuck’s sake, they glossed him “Pouch” | 说真的 他们叫他受气包 |
[30:56] | because he’s got no balls. | 就是因为他没种 |
[30:58] | They say he has a vagina. | 他们说他是个娘们 |
[31:01] | Wonderful. What else? | 精彩 还有呢 |
[31:03] | Look, if Axe doesn’t trust me anymore, | 如果埃克斯不再相信我 |
[31:05] | he might give the Kemlot trade to someone else. | 他可能把凯米洛特的交易交给别人来做 |
[31:07] | Don’t let him. | 别让他这样做 |
[31:09] | Get the trade, make the trade, testify, and we’re done. | 拿到交易 并完成 然后作证 我们就完工了 |
[31:13] | Testify? You never said… | 作证 你从没说过… |
[31:14] | There’s a thing called the Constitution. | 有一个东西叫宪法 |
[31:16] | Sixth Amendment, Confrontation Clause. | 第六修正案 对质条款 |
[31:22] | You have a right in this country | 在这个国家里 |
[31:25] | to cross-examine your accuser. | 你有权盘问起诉你的人 |
[31:26] | It’s not enough that you tell us what the tapes mean. | 你仅仅告诉我们那盘录像的内容是不够的 |
[31:28] | You gotta say it in court. | 你要在法庭上说出来 |
[31:29] | I can’t even imagine it. | 我无法想象 |
[31:31] | Axe there in the room with those Laura Mars eyes. | 埃克斯在那个房间里凶神恶煞地看着我 |
[31:35] | That’s what he’s gonna do tomorrow, too. | 他明天也会这样做 |
[31:36] | Hey, hey, hey. You’ll get through it. | 你会挺过去的 |
[31:39] | You’ll get through it. | 你会挺过去的 |
[31:49] | I’ll never know | 我永远都弄不明白 |
[31:50] | why everybody drinks that Star Wars shit. | 为什么大家都喜欢用星球大战系列的杯子 |
[31:53] | To optimize performance. | 为了表现更出色 |
[31:54] | Well, you’re certainly high-performance. | 你确实表现很出色 |
[31:58] | – Well, I try to be. – You… you aren’t a “try-er.” | – 我会努力的 – 你并不是努力的人 |
[32:02] | You never have been. | 你从来都不是 |
[32:03] | Aw, you’ve been watching, huh? | 你一直在观察对吗 |
[32:05] | Mm-hmm, as you’ve watched me. | 对 就像你在观察我一样 |
[32:09] | I was living out in Seattle doing my first clerkship | 我当时住在西雅图 在第九巡回法院 |
[32:12] | on the Ninth Circuit. | 做我的第一份文员工作 |
[32:13] | And I remember when you got your first clerkship… | 我记得你拿到第一份文员工作的时候… |
[32:16] | Supreme Court. A year before me. | 在最高法院 比我早一年 |
[32:19] | Well, clerking for Ginsburg was the highlight of my career. | 为金斯伯格做文员是我职业生涯的闪光点 |
[32:22] | I’ll tell you something… | 我告诉你几件事情… |
[32:23] | for five-one, that woman can hold her liquor. | 首先 她酒量很好 |
[32:25] | That was a hell of a year. | 那一年真是很难熬啊 |
[32:27] | I remember. I thought, “DeGiulio is flying past me.” | 我记得 我当时以为德贵里奥要超过我了 |
[32:31] | Well, it was never a competition. | 我们从来没有在争什么 |
[32:32] | We were both just trying to do good. | 我们都尽力做些好事 |
[32:33] | You know, I always figured you for the robes yourself. | 我一直觉得你会去做法官 |
[32:37] | Circuit judge. | 巡回法官 |
[32:39] | Maybe even the big one… Justice Adam DeGiulio. | 也许更高一点… 大法官亚当·德贵里奥 |
[32:42] | – Someday. Yeah. – Hmm. | – 总有一天会的 – 对 |
[32:44] | There’s still a romance to the judicial branch | 我还是比较喜欢在司法部门工作 |
[32:46] | that certainly transcends | 做行政管理要面对的 |
[32:48] | the petty politicking in the executive. | 那些竞选活动与之无法相比 |
[32:51] | But I-I don’t even see how I get there now. | 但现在我都不知道我怎么才能做到 |
[32:53] | I mean, there’s no opening in the offing. | 我是说 目测现在没有空缺 |
[32:55] | Things change. | 世事难料 |
[32:59] | Assignments shift. | 任务会变 |
[33:01] | Ah. Now we get to the reason for our meeting, don’t we? | 现在我们终于谈到我们今天见面的目的了 是吗 |
[33:04] | I was talking about you, | 我在说你 |
[33:06] | but, uh, yes. | 但这样说也没错 |
[33:09] | Yeah. Also about the situation here. | 还有 关于现在的情况 |
[33:14] | I want to inform you that Bryan Connerty | 我想告诉你莱恩·康纳利 |
[33:15] | is moving off the Axe Capital prosecution. | 将不再负责控告埃克斯资本的案子了 |
[33:18] | His caseload is too heavy. | 他的案子太多了 |
[33:20] | And Tonelle Burton has the better skill set. | 托尼拉·波顿 也更加出色一些 |
[33:23] | That’s a problem. | 那是个问题 |
[33:25] | The Attorney General and I signed off on Connerty | 总检察官和我与康纳利合作 |
[33:27] | in part because of his integrity. | 一部分是因为他的正直 |
[33:28] | T. received the US Attorney’s | T因为在起诉诈骗案方面的卓越表现 |
[33:30] | Award for Excellence in the Prosecution of Fraud. | 而获得司法部颁发的大奖 |
[33:32] | I’m sure “T.” is as clean as a baby fawn. | 我相信T就像幼鹿一样 |
[33:34] | That’s not what this is about. | 这不是关键 |
[33:35] | High-profile case, Washington watching. | 高调的案件 华盛顿方面在关注着 |
[33:38] | This can’t have the appearance of string-pulling. | 这个案子不能有操纵的嫌疑 |
[33:40] | You’re recused. | 你被调离本案了 |
[33:41] | I, alone, determine which attorneys lead investigations | 我全权决定哪些律师在南部地区牵头调查 |
[33:43] | in the Southern District, Adam, not Washington. | 而不是华盛顿方面 亚当 |
[33:46] | Absolument. | 当然 |
[33:47] | But… if there’s going to be a change, | 但是… 如果要做出改变 |
[33:50] | I think we would change it all the way to the Eastern District. | 我觉得那就直接交给东区地检好了 |
[33:53] | It’s cleaner. | 这样更彻底 |
[34:02] | It was fun reminiscing. | 回忆往事很是有趣 |
[34:04] | Enjoy your food. | 用餐愉快 |
[34:08] | I’m looping you in. I’m having one-on-ones today | 我要你参加 今天我要和 |
[34:11] | with Butch, Channing, and Donnie. | 布奇 钱宁还有唐尼单独谈话 |
[34:14] | I’d like you to sit in. | 我想让你全程陪同 |
[34:15] | For what purpose? | 为什么 |
[34:17] | Create an atmosphere of truth. | 营造吐露真相的氛围 |
[34:19] | Maybe they’ll feel more comfortable. | 也许他们会觉得更舒服 |
[34:22] | You know these guys well. | 你很了解这些人 |
[34:24] | I’d like your opinion on what they have to say. | 我想要听听你对他们说辞的看法 |
[34:26] | Donnie. My Bryan Doyle. | 唐尼 我的布莱恩·道尔 |
[34:30] | Would you say you’ve done well for me? | 你有没有尽心为我工作 |
[34:33] | Yeah, Axe. I feel good about it. | 没错 埃克斯 我问心无愧 |
[34:38] | Tell me about FedEx. | 告诉我联邦快递的事情 |
[34:40] | Uh, that’s not my sector. | 那不属于我管辖范围 |
[34:43] | No, somebody saw you in there. | 不 有人看见你进去了 |
[34:45] | Mailing a package. | 邮寄一个包裹 |
[34:47] | Who was it to? | 是寄给谁的 |
[34:49] | I don’t know… uh, when that was. | 我不知道那是什么时候 |
[34:53] | Have you ever met anybody that worked at the FBI? | 你认不认识FBI的人 |
[34:56] | I mean, just socially. | 我是说生活中 |
[34:59] | I… | 我… |
[35:01] | No, I don’t think so. | 我觉得我不认识 |
[35:03] | Excuse me. Can we talk for a minute? | 抱歉 我们能谈谈吗 |
[35:16] | I’m not gonna sit there and be your human lie detector. | 我不想坐在这里做你的人肉测谎仪 |
[35:18] | You weren’t looping me in. You were roping. | 你不是让我参加 是在给他们制造压力 |
[35:21] | It’s different. | 这不一样 |
[35:22] | I’m just asking you to listen. | 我仅仅是让你听 |
[35:24] | You don’t have to do anything. | 你不需要做任何事情 |
[35:25] | I won’t be used to legitimize this bullshit. | 我不想成为你干这破事儿的合法借口 |
[35:34] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[35:36] | Can’t do it. | 做不到 |
[35:38] | Yes, you can. | 你可以的 |
[35:40] | He can’t hear you. | 他听不见你说话 |
[35:43] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[35:48] | Why’d you overwrite your hard drive? | 你为什么清空硬盘 |
[35:50] | I don’t know. Just thought you’d want me to. | 我不清楚 我以为你想让我这样做 |
[35:54] | I do it once a month. | 我每月都做一次 |
[35:55] | Some of those first quarter trades last year… | 去年一季度的某些交易… |
[35:57] | You wanted me to leave that paper trail? | 你想让我留下能查到的记录吗 |
[36:00] | Tell me about Morien Sciences. | 跟我谈谈魔力科技 |
[36:02] | Morien? Is that biotech? | 魔力 那是个生物科技公司吗 |
[36:05] | Solid company. Could be a monster. | 很好的公司 未来发展空间巨大 |
[36:07] | There is no Morien Sciences. I made it up. | 魔力科技 根本不存在 我编造的 |
[36:11] | You still picking your feet in Poughkeepsie, Channing? | 你还经常去波基普西约炮吗 钱宁 |
[36:13] | What? | 什么 |
[36:15] | Never mind. | 没什么 |
[36:16] | I would never, Axe. | 我永远都不会的 埃克斯 |
[36:18] | I don’t know what my wife has to do with this. | 我不知道我妻子和这件事有何关系 |
[36:20] | What about that Cross-Co. trucking play, Pouch? | 那次克罗斯货运的交易呢 受气包 |
[36:22] | You still have a problem with it? | 你还是有问题吗 |
[36:23] | Hey, I made my peace with that. | 我妥协了 |
[36:25] | How many helpings of strawberries | 上个礼拜你在午餐 |
[36:27] | did you have at lunch last week? | 吃了多少草莓派 |
[36:28] | Uh, two. Two. | 两个 两个 |
[36:31] | If they arrested you, what would you do? | 如果他们逮捕了你 你会怎么做 |
[36:34] | I’d stand up, like Dollar Bill. | 我会顶住 就像美元比尔一样 |
[36:37] | Would you look me in the eye | 你会看着我的眼睛 |
[36:39] | and spew lies about me on the witness stand? | 在证人台上对我的事情撒谎吗 |
[36:43] | How did you respond to the SEC letter on Rubinex? | 你如何回复证监会关于卢比奈科斯的邮件的 |
[36:46] | I didn’t. I gave it to my lawyer. | 我没回复 我把信给我的律师了 |
[36:49] | I thought you said Rubinex | 我记得你说过卢比奈科斯 |
[36:50] | never raised flags with the regulators. | 从来没有引起监管部门的注意 |
[36:52] | It didn’t. I’m sorry. | 确实不会 对不起 |
[36:54] | Are we done here? | 我们谈完了吗 |
[36:56] | Yeah, you’re done. Burnt fucking toast. | 对 你完了 砸锅了 |
[37:25] | Alex, thanks for coming. I appreciate your discretion. | 艾利克斯 非常感谢你能来 谢谢你的谨慎 |
[37:28] | – Of course. – Please. | – 小事情 – 请 |
[37:32] | Well… | 嗯… |
[37:36] | You probably know I have standing offers | 你应该知道很多律所 |
[37:38] | from a number of firms. | 希望我加入 |
[37:41] | I chose to set this meeting with you. | 我选择和你见面 |
[37:43] | We respect that. | 我们感到十分荣幸 |
[37:46] | Our firm has a lot to offer. | 我们公司也会提供优厚的条件 |
[37:51] | Now… I know this is not about money for you, | 现在… 我知道这不是钱的问题 |
[37:55] | but I also know that | 但我也知道 |
[37:57] | your current annual salary, 185,000, | 你现在的年薪是十八万五 |
[38:00] | is what you would make in a week at Horvath. | 你在霍瓦特一个礼拜就能赚回来 |
[38:03] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[38:05] | And what would you expect from me in exchange? | 你想要我做什么 |
[38:09] | Your expertise, image, prestige. | 我需要你的专业技能 形象和名望 |
[38:13] | You would never have a boring day | 你的生活会非常精彩 |
[38:15] | because you would never have to do anything you don’t wanna do. | 因为你不用去做自己不喜欢做的事 |
[38:18] | If you wanna be a rainmaker, you can make rain. | 如果你想做唤雨巫师 你可以呼风唤雨 |
[38:21] | If you want to play golf, | 如果你想打高尔夫球 |
[38:23] | you can be on the circuit every Monday. | 你每周一都可以去打巡回赛 |
[38:24] | Company box at sporting events, | 各种赛事公司都有包厢 |
[38:26] | partner junkets to the Super Bowl. | 合伙人可以去超级碗来个野餐 |
[38:28] | Four weeks vacation every year. | 每年有四周的假期 |
[38:30] | Well, eight if you prefer. | 如果你喜欢也可以休八周 |
[38:32] | In due time, | 当然到了一定时候 |
[38:34] | your name would be on the firm, of course. | 公司的名字上也可以写上你的名字 |
[38:40] | All you have to do is say yes. | 你需要做的就是答应下来 |
[38:46] | We got him. | 我们找出来了 |
[38:47] | An investigation we dug up at the SEC. | 我们在证监会调查出来的 |
[38:51] | He got picked up, leveraged, turned against you. | 他被抓了 那边提出条件 然后背叛你了 |
[38:56] | Don’t be surprised. Happens all the time. | 不要惊讶 这种事情总会发生 |
[38:59] | On a long enough timeline, | 很久很久以后 |
[39:01] | everyone you know will turn against you. | 你认识的所有人都会背叛你 |
[39:03] | I’m not surprised. | 我不惊讶 |
[39:04] | Irritated that I didn’t see it coming. | 我只是生气我没有预见到 |
[39:28] | How long have you been here, Dimonda? | 你在这里多久了 戴蒙达 |
[39:31] | Those things charge by the hour, right? | 那种服务是按小时收费的 对吗 |
[39:33] | I’m running a story on you. I’m hoping to get a comment. | 我要写一篇你的新闻 我希望能听听你的看法 |
[39:36] | That’s not why you’re here. You could’ve called. | 这不是你来这里的原因 你可以打电话 |
[39:40] | You’re here ’cause you have something big… to you. | 你来这里是因为有对你而言很重要的事情 |
[39:46] | Something you think you can hurt me with. | 你觉得可以给我沉重一击的事情 |
[39:53] | Goes like this… | 是这样的… |
[39:55] | September 11, 2001. | 2001年九月十一号 |
[39:57] | You’re in a lawyer’s office. | 你在一个律师的办公室里 |
[39:59] | You’re being fired by your partners. | 你被你的合伙人解雇了 |
[40:01] | A plane crashes into the North Tower. | 一架飞机撞上了北塔 |
[40:03] | People are burning and dying. | 人们陷入火海 甚至被烧死 |
[40:06] | And everyone you work with sees it happen. | 每个和你一起工作的人都目睹了全过程 |
[40:09] | So you call a broker… Lincoln Chang in Jersey City… | 所以你叫来经纪人 泽西城的林肯·章 |
[40:11] | and have him short aviation stocks | 让他在欧洲市场 |
[40:13] | in the European markets. | 做空航空类股票 |
[40:15] | Then US hotels, shipping. | 美国旅馆 船政 |
[40:17] | You go against it all. | 你做空了所有这些 |
[40:19] | The second plane hits. | 第二架飞机又撞上了 |
[40:21] | Everyone you work with is dead. | 和你一起工作的所有人都死了 |
[40:23] | People are lining up to give blood. | 人们排着队献血 |
[40:27] | New York’s bravest, your wife-to-be’s brother, | 纽约最勇敢的 你未婚妻的弟弟 |
[40:30] | runs into the buildings to help. | 跑进了大楼去帮忙 |
[40:33] | He never comes back out, | 他再也没有出来 |
[40:35] | while you sit back in your chair | 而却你坐在你的椅子里 |
[40:38] | with a smile on your face | 面带微笑 |
[40:40] | making hundreds of millions of dollars. | 进账了数亿万美元 |
[40:43] | And you take that money | 你拿这笔钱 |
[40:44] | and the rest of everything your dead partners had, | 和你死去的合伙人所剩的财产 |
[40:48] | and you call it Axe Capital. | 建立了埃克斯资本 |
[40:52] | That about right? | 就是这样吧 |
[40:56] | Congratulations. | 你赢了 |
[41:05] | It dropped. | 新闻出来了 |
[41:49] | We’ve got breaking news today. | 今天我们有劲爆消息 |
[41:51] | Some damning revelations | 事关一名对冲基金巨头 |
[41:53] | of a hedge fund giant… Robert “Bobby” Axelrod. | 罗伯特”博比”·埃克斯罗德重大的真相披露 |
[41:55] | Just this morning, the “Financial Journal” | 就在今日早晨 |
[41:56] | reported that Bobby Axelrod | 经济日报报道了博比·埃克斯罗德 |
[41:58] | may have made much of his considerable fortune | 在先前9/11恐怖袭击发生之后 |
[42:00] | by preying on aviation, hotel, and shipping companies | 针对航空 酒店和船运行业 |
[42:04] | when they were most vulnerable, | 利用它们最为脆弱的时机 |
[42:06] | shorting their stock during those early moments | 卖空所有相关的股票 |
[42:08] | after the September 11th terrorist attacks. | 或因此而牟得其大部分财富 |
[42:16] | …status as a philanthropist in the city, | 以本市慈善家的身份 |
[42:17] | supporting many charities, | 支持了诸多慈善活动 |
[42:19] | especially the police and fire departments, | 尤其警察及消防部门 |
[42:21] | as the only surviving partner at Wachtel, Rachlein, Rice, | 除去瓦克泰尔, 瑞琪林, 赖斯等殉难的同伴 |
[42:24] | the company that eventually | 以独存者的姿态掌控了公司 |
[42:26] | became Axe Capital. | 也就是如今的埃克斯资本 |
[42:27] | Questions now being asked about the source… | 现在有一些关于消息来源的疑问 |
[42:28] | Turn off the fucking TVs! Get back to work! | 关掉电视 给我工作去 |
[42:31] | …no comment from the Axelrod camp. | 埃克斯罗德方面未发表回应 |
[42:33] | Turn it off! Goddamn it! | 关掉 该死 |
[42:34] | …world of hedge funds… | 对冲基金界 |
[42:36] | And just… | 还有就是 |
[42:38] | I don’t know where to… | 我不知道向谁 |
[42:45] | There’s a story about Axe on 9/11. | 有一条关于埃克斯和9/11事件的报道 |
[42:47] | It’s all over the news. | 铺天盖地都在播 |
[42:52] | I am so sorry. | 实在很抱歉 |
[42:54] | You’ll have to excuse me. | 请您见谅 |
[42:59] | I’m pulling the kids out of school | 我现在就把孩子从学校接出来 |
[43:01] | so they don’t hear it from someone else. | 以免从别人的口中听到消息 |
[43:03] | That’s smart. | 聪明 |
[43:04] | I’m adding security. | 我会加强保安 |
[43:06] | Okay. I’ll see you tonight. | 今晚见 |
[43:10] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[43:18] | You knew? | 你早就知道 |
[43:20] | Of course I knew. | 当然 |
[43:22] | Don’t listen to the noise. | 不要听他们胡说 |
[43:24] | He didn’t know our brother. He didn’t even know me then. | 当时他并不认识我们的弟弟 甚至还没认识我呢 |
[44:18] | We have your back. This will not fucking stand. | 我们叫你回来 这他妈的不会站住脚的 |
[44:21] | I’ve got your denials written. | 我已经写好了否认声明 |
[44:22] | I’ve been in touch with Forbes to tell the real story. | 我已经联络福布斯将公布事情真相 |
[44:24] | I recommend a defamation suit, | 我建议发起诽谤诉讼 |
[44:26] | regardless of the likelihood of victory. | 不管胜算的可能性有多大 |
[44:28] | It will buttress you… | 可以支撑一下 |
[44:29] | – No. – Then a book. | – 不要 – 那就来一本书 |
[44:31] | I have a list of best-selling ghostwriters who can portray | 我有一份畅销书代笔作者名单 可以绝佳地 |
[44:34] | your mindset in a compelling way | 描述你的经营思维 |
[44:36] | – …that will… – It’s true. | – 将会 – 新闻是真的 |
[44:38] | I never lied about it. I’m not proud. | 我从来没有掩饰 我并不感到自豪 |
[44:42] | It was before anyone knew for sure it was terrorism. | 在恐怖主义被确定之前 |
[44:46] | I just saw an opportunity | 我只是看到了一个机会 |
[44:47] | to make 750 million dollars in a day. | 一个可以在一天之内赚到七十五亿的机会 |
[44:51] | And I knew the firm, the surviving families, | 而且我知道那个幸存的家族企业 |
[44:54] | would need it. | 将会非常需要 |
[45:02] | Axe will see you now. | 埃克斯现在要见你 |
[45:12] | Hey, you hanging in? | 你还坚持得住吧 |
[45:16] | We all have things… | 我们都会经历一些 |
[45:18] | Shut the fuck up. | 住口 |
[45:19] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[45:21] | You got nailed by the SEC, so you tried to sell me out? | 你被证监会抓住了把柄 就想出卖我 |
[45:25] | You wearing a wire right now? | 现在身上还藏着窃听器吗 |
[45:27] | No. | 没有 |
[45:29] | I would never… | 从来没有 |
[45:30] | Oh, sure. | 对了 |
[45:32] | I don’t ever want to see your face again. | 今后不想再看到你这张脸 |
[45:34] | Go get yourself another job in another country, | 去另一个国家找工作吧 |
[45:37] | ’cause you’re gonna have a hard time in this one. | 因为在这个国家你将会很难混 |
[46:02] | You’re not meditating. | 你没在冥想 |
[46:03] | Nah. | 没有 |
[46:06] | I just didn’t feel like working in a glass box today. | 今天只是不想在玻璃房里办公 |
[46:08] | Why don’t you come into my office? | 那怎么不来我的办公室呢 |
[46:10] | I’m okay. | 不必了 |
[46:17] | Good. | 好 |
[46:21] | ‘Cause as we’ve talked about, | 因为就像我们之前谈论过的 |
[46:23] | I don’t think you have anything to be ashamed of… | 从相对论的角度来看 |
[46:25] | in a relativistic sense. | 我觉得你无须自责 |
[46:27] | You were scared, you didn’t know what was happening, | 你当时很惊慌 你不清楚事情原委 |
[46:29] | so you did what you knew how to do… you traded. | 所以只是根据自己的意识做了交易 |
[46:32] | It was a tough position I put you in before. I know. | 我曾经令你很为难 我知道 |
[46:36] | It was. | 没错 |
[46:40] | If we pretended today you worked for me, | 要是假设今天我是你的上司 |
[46:44] | you know what I would tell you to do. | 你知道我会叫你干什么的 |
[46:48] | Go home. | 回家吧 |
[46:58] | Hey. Thanks for coming down. | 感谢你来一趟 |
[47:02] | I did it. | 我做了 |
[47:05] | Butch Probert. “The Pouch.” | 布奇·普罗伯特.那个受气包 |
[47:08] | Took an old Wells notice and doctored it. | 拿了一份威尔斯通告做了点加工 |
[47:12] | Backdated files to show an SEC inquiry. | 将文件日期退后 让它看起来像是证监会在调查 |
[47:15] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[47:18] | Axe found ’em, fired the guy. | 埃克斯发现了 解雇了他 |
[47:20] | Our inside man’s safe… for now. | 我们的内线暂时安全 |
[47:26] | How do you feel? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[47:32] | Like shit. | 糟糕得很 |
[47:37] | What… what do you go and do | 发生了一件这样的事情之后 |
[47:41] | to be okay with it after a thing like that? | 你会去哪里做些什么来让自己好过点呢 |
[47:46] | I’ll show you. | 我带你看看 |
[48:21] | Hey, Bruno. | 布鲁诺 |
[48:23] | Hey, Bruno, what’s this? | 布鲁诺 这是什么 |
[48:26] | Your piece of the profits. | 属于你的利润 |
[48:28] | What, it’s not enough? | 怎么 不够吗 |
[48:31] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[48:32] | You said we’re partners. | 你说过我们是合伙人 |
[48:42] | You know… | 你 |
[48:51] | You see the news today? | 你今天看新闻了吗 |
[48:53] | Nah, Bobby. | 才没有呢 博比 |
[48:55] | Had my head down throwing pies the whole day. | 一整天埋头做饼 |
[48:59] | Salute. | 干杯 |
[49:01] | Salute. | 干杯 |
[49:14] | Another round. | 再来一轮 |
[49:15] | I’ll tell you why, all right? | 我来告诉你 好不好 |
[49:18] | I’m gonna tell you why | 我来告诉你 |
[49:19] | the Pouch doesn’t fucking matter. | 为什么那个受气包根本就不重要 |
[49:21] | Number one… | 第一点 |
[49:22] | He’s probably dirty. | 他极有可能也做过龌龊的勾当 |
[49:24] | Not what Donnie said. | 唐尼不是这样说的 |
[49:25] | Jesus Christ. Fuck Donnie. He doesn’t know. | 老天啊 该死的唐尼 他可不知道 |
[49:27] | He knows more than us. That’s the whole fucking point of it. | 他知道的比我们都多 这是个关键 |
[49:30] | Here’s why I don’t have a problem with it. | 我来说说为什么我会不在意这点 |
[49:33] | – Number one… – You’re on two. | – 第一点 – 你该说第二点了 |
[49:35] | Number two… fuck the Pouch. | 第二点 去他的受气包 |
[49:38] | Low seven figures for how many years? | 七位数的酬劳够他用多少年了呀 |
[49:41] | He doesn’t need more money. | 他已经不需要更多的钱了 |
[49:43] | If he’s not saving, that’s on him. | 要是他不会省着点用 那是他自己的问题 |
[49:45] | I wanna tell you something. | 我想跟你说点事 |
[49:48] | I turned down a job offer tonight. | 今天晚上我推掉了一份工作 |
[49:50] | Called him right from the car, and I said no. | 就在车里打电话拒绝了 |
[49:55] | White shoe defense firm. Major lucre. | 顶级的律所 薪酬超级庞大 |
[49:57] | Oh, ho! Nine million. | 九百万 |
[50:01] | You wanna know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[50:03] | Because of you. | 因为你 |
[50:06] | – Me? – Yeah. | – 我 – 是 |
[50:08] | Because you did it. | 因为你做到了 |
[50:11] | And now I know you’re in this for real, | 现在我明白你是真心的 |
[50:14] | …for the whole wagon train. | 为了整个队伍 |
[50:18] | And I can count on you to do what must be done. | 我也可以期望会采取必要的手段 |
[50:24] | Because without that sense of mission… | 因为一旦缺乏那种使命感 |
[50:29] | There’s no fucking point doing it. | 就根本没有任何意义 |
[50:33] | I struggled with it. | 我心里有动摇过 |
[50:35] | I know. | 我明白 |
[50:38] | You think I don’t? | 你以为我不会吗 |
[50:42] | You think I’m a whiff because of that? | 你会不会因为这事觉得我很了不起 |
[50:44] | No, I think I’m a whiff because of that. | 没有 我觉得因为这事我很了不起 |
[50:47] | I think you have decency. | 你是个有原则的人 |
[50:54] | For me, doing this, | 对于我来说 做这件事 |
[50:57] | it’s about… it’s about making the world better. | 是为了 为了使这个世界变得更好 |
[51:01] | It really is. | 确实 |
[51:03] | Just a little bit. Just a little bit more fair. | 只要一点点 美好一点点 |
[51:04] | And as clean as that is in my head, m-my chest… | 就像我脑海里 心里想象的那样干净 |
[51:10] | Out there, the world’s not clean. It’s messy. | 但外面的现实却不够干净 很混乱 |
[51:15] | Now you’re sounding a little whiffy. | 现在你开始臭屁了 |
[51:19] | Kidding, all right? | 开玩笑的 |
[51:21] | Number three. | 第三点 |
[51:23] | And number three is the best. | 第三点是最棒的 |
[51:26] | Even if he is an honest man, even if he’s the goddamn Pope, | 假如他是个正直人 就算他是该死的教皇 |
[51:29] | he’s working at a dirty shop. | 他在为一家肮脏的公司工作 |
[51:32] | And that was always gonna end, and it was never gonna end well. | 总有一天要到头的 而且通常结局会很惨 |
[51:36] | He should know the fucking risks. | 他应该懂得起码的风险 |
[51:37] | Right. Like he’s a… | 对 就好比他是一个 |
[51:40] | haberdasher making uniforms for the Nazis. | 给纳粹做制服的缝纫商 |
[51:42] | Oh, that’s a big contract. | 大生意 |
[51:44] | Right, but you don’t care if he loses it. | 是 如果他丢了那份工作你才不会介意 |
[51:46] | And whoever did the stitching on those things | 做这些制服的任何人 |
[51:49] | probably didn’t hate Jews. | 可能并不会恨犹太人 |
[51:51] | Or maybe they were Jews. Prison labor. | 或者本身就曾经是犹太人 在监狱里的劳工 |
[52:00] | I like number two better. | 我更喜欢第二点 |
[52:02] | What was two? | 第二点是什么来着 |
[52:03] | – Fuck the Pouch. – Fuck the Pouch. | – 去他的受气包 – 去他的受气包 |
[52:22] | I met with Horvath. | 我会过霍瓦特了 |
[52:26] | Big offer. | 薪水很足 |
[52:28] | Mm. They recognize my worth. | 他们认同了我的价值 |
[52:34] | Felt good. | 感觉不错 |
[52:38] | But I said no. | 但是我拒绝了 |
[52:42] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[52:43] | You knew I’d never take the job, didn’t you? | 你懂得我永远不会接受这份工作的 是不是 |
[52:49] | I did, yeah. Was it obvious? | 我懂 有那么明显吗 |
[52:52] | Then why the hell did you make me go through all of that? | 那为什么还要叫我去应付这些呢 |
[52:54] | You needed to. | 你需要这样 |
[52:56] | You needed to try it on, feel it. | 你需要亲历一遍 体会那种感觉 |
[53:00] | And my offer to quit, I knew it’d push you to do it. | 要是我辞职的话 你会觉得不得已去做 |
[53:02] | Would you really have quit? | 你会真的辞掉吗 |
[53:05] | Does it matter now? | 很重要吗 |
[53:09] | I really can’t stand you being there, you know. | 我实在无法忍受你在那里上班 |
[53:12] | That’s very honest. | 你说得够直白的 |
[53:16] | Why is it? | 为什么会这样 |
[53:20] | Why do I hate it so much? | 为什么我会这么讨厌 |
[53:28] | His looted gold pays for my kids’ private schools. | 用他那些掠夺来的钱给我儿子付私立学校的学费 |
[53:32] | And, uh… | 还有 |
[53:37] | And I’m… I’m the fucking haberdasher. | 我 我就是那个该死的缝纫商 |
[53:54] | It’s not that simple. | 没有那么简单 |
[53:55] | I know. | 我知道 |
[53:59] | It’s really fucking complicated. | 就特么很复杂 |
[54:03] | And you’ve been with him longer than you’ve been with me. | 你和他待着的时间都长过和我待着的时间 |
[54:08] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[54:11] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[54:15] | More than anything. | 胜过世间一切 |
[54:23] | Lots of people love each other. | 很多人都是相爱的 |
[54:26] | But you and Axe? Oh, that’s something else. | 可是你和埃克斯之间 又是另一码事了 |
[54:31] | It’s weird, | 很别扭 |
[54:33] | and it’s deep, and I fucking hate it. | 很深 而我特别不喜欢 |
[54:37] | I do. I fucking hate it. | 是的 我很讨厌这个 |
[54:40] | I know you do. | 我知道你不喜欢 |
[54:43] | But you are strong because of it. | 可是你会因此变得强大 |
[54:47] | You are stronger than him, and you will get through it. | 你比他强大 你终会熬过这一切 |
[54:54] | Because things are changing there, | 那里的一切都在转变 |
[54:57] | and it can’t last like this much longer. | 并且不会维持很久 |
[55:04] | It won’t. | 不会的 |
[55:27] | I don’t like it out here. | 我不喜欢这里的环境 |
[55:28] | I’m sorry I didn’t warn you first. | 很抱歉没有提示你 |
[55:31] | I knew what was going on. We had to put on a show. | 我了解情况了 我们要表演一场秀 |
[55:36] | But it still rattled my nerves. | 可是我还是很紧张 |
[55:38] | That was the only way I could convince Rhoades you were legit. | 这是我向罗德斯证明你的清白的唯一办法 |
[55:42] | You okay? | 你还行吧 |
[55:43] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[55:47] | When do we give them Kemlot? | 我们什么时候供出凯米洛特 |
[55:49] | Soon. | 快了 |