时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | We have him dead to rights. | 我们要当场抓他 |
[00:10] | So he’ll fold quick, | 那他就会弃牌而逃 |
[00:12] | and then we get back to what we were really doing | 我们再回到我们真正要做的事情上来 |
[00:14] | … Axelrod. | 埃克斯罗德 |
[00:15] | Well, if you move on him and take that risk, | 如果你要承担这风险 把矛头指向他 |
[00:18] | you have to get the reward. | 你一定要有所收获 |
[00:20] | I said I know, Dad. | 爸爸 我说了 我知道 |
[00:21] | Suspect trading pattern on Pepsum Pharmaceuticals. | 有关派普森制药的交易模式可疑 |
[00:24] | Peter Decker, Quaker Ridge Financial. | 彼得·戴克 来自桂岭金融公司 |
[00:26] | We start with Decker since he had the longest tenure | 我们从戴克查起 因为离开埃克斯资本 |
[00:28] | at Axe Capital of anyone who left with Axe’s backing. | 但又受其资助的人中 他在埃克斯的任期最长 |
[00:31] | It also makes him very loyal to Axe, much harder to crack. | 这也让他对埃克斯十分忠诚 很难击垮啊 |
[00:34] | Get Terri McCue over at FBI up on this, too. | 让联邦调查局的特里·麦秋来调查这件事 |
[00:37] | Do you know Cross-Co.? | 你听说过克罗斯公司吗 |
[00:38] | Mid-size firm, has a big distribution contract | 中型企业 和美味时光那家面包公司 |
[00:40] | with that bakery company, YumTime. | 签了经销合同 |
[00:42] | You’re the best PM on the floor. You know it. | 你是这层最棒的项目经理 你知道的 |
[00:44] | – They’re fucking sure of it. – Fucking-A. | – 他们太确定了 – 简直太肯定了 |
[00:47] | You think you’re gonna fucking blackmail me? | 你觉得你还能敲诈我 |
[00:49] | Your hair, which will test positive for cocaine, | 你的头发 可卡因药检将会成阳性 |
[00:51] | can be in Chuck Rhoades’ hands within an hour. | 一小时之内就能到查克·罗德斯手里 |
[00:53] | You’re gonna watch, listen, and report. | 你要去观察 去听 然后来报告 |
[00:56] | That’s what this is all about, guys. | 伙计们 这就是我想说的 |
[00:58] | Not only how our firm survived 9/11, | 不只是我们如何逃过9/11得以幸存 |
[01:00] | but how we didn’t give up. | 还有我们当时没有放弃 |
[01:02] | It’s just wrong | 就不应该 |
[01:03] | that you’re the one standing there. | 是你站在这里 |
[01:05] | You know, like the idea that if someone has a problem | 你明白 有这样一种看法 别人和你有矛盾 |
[01:07] | with you and they come to you in person, | 如果他们亲自来找你 |
[01:09] | you do what you can to take care of it. | 你就要尽你所能把问题处理好 |
[01:11] | But they take that beef public, | 如果他们将事情公之于众 |
[01:13] | the ground just falls out from beneath them where I’m from. | 那就让他们永无立足之地 |
[01:16] | – Are you threatening me? – Fucking right I am. | – 你这是在威胁我吗 – 正是 |
[01:53] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[01:55] | Oh, I’m in the clubhouse turn. | 我已经嗨了 |
[01:59] | Ahh! Oh, Goddamn it. | 天哪 |
[02:05] | You want… you want a beer or something? | 你想喝瓶啤酒还是什么 |
[02:09] | Let’s just fuck. | 我们大干一场吧 |
[02:14] | Say that again. | 再说一次 |
[02:16] | Let’s just fuck. | 我们开干吧 |
[02:24] | I don’t make it a habit to sleep with my authors. | 我没有睡我的作家们的习惯 |
[02:27] | Too bad for them. | 那他们太遗憾了 |
[02:30] | So this is the week, huh? | 所以就是这周了 对吧 |
[02:32] | Your people break out the marketing plan for my book. | 你的人为我的新书开拓市场 |
[02:35] | We’re gonna make you into a best seller. | 我们会让你的书高居畅销书榜首 |
[02:38] | I could do all the morning shows. | 我可以上早间新闻 |
[02:40] | And you will. | 你会的 |
[02:49] | – Morning. – Hey, Axe. | – 早上好 – 你好 埃克斯 |
[02:59] | Scrumpet? | 松脆饼 |
[03:03] | You ever eat these? | 你吃过这东西吗 |
[03:04] | My parents own a deli in Kew Gardens. | 我的父母在英国皇家植物园有一家熟食店 |
[03:06] | We used to sell ’em. | 我们卖过这东西 |
[03:07] | You grew up in Queens? | 你在皇后区长大的 |
[03:08] | We moved there when I was 9, from Korea. | 我九岁的时候 全家从韩国搬到那里 |
[03:10] | Oh, you speak the language? | 你说韩语 |
[03:13] | Good to know. | 真不错 |
[03:15] | You worked in that deli? | 你在熟食店工作过 |
[03:16] | Every morning, every afternoon, | 我每天上午 下午都工作 |
[03:17] | and I did the books on the weekends. | 只有周末有时间看书 |
[03:19] | And then Stanford. | 然后就考上斯坦福了 |
[03:21] | American dream. | 美国梦啊 |
[03:25] | Here’s something they didn’t teach you at Stanford, Ben. | 本 让我告诉你斯坦福不会教给你的事情 |
[03:28] | Whenever you can, put a company in your mouth. | 不论何时 你要能把公司放进嘴里 |
[03:38] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[03:39] | Not as good as I remember. | 不如我记忆中的好吃 |
[03:41] | And that’s a problem, ’cause I own | 这就是问题所在 |
[03:43] | a hell of a lot of these fucking things | 因为我有一堆这种东西 |
[03:45] | and I’m about to own more. | 我还会有更多 |
[03:55] | Yeah, Jack. | 说吧 杰克 |
[03:57] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[04:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:02] | Well, that’s crazy. | 简直是疯了 |
[04:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:07] | Shit. Really? | 糟糕 真的吗 |
[04:10] | Fuck. | 妈蛋 |
[04:12] | Yeah, all right. Well, thanks for the heads up. | 行吧 谢谢你提醒 |
[04:18] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[04:21] | Issue? | 有麻烦 |
[04:23] | That was a courtesy call from an agent friend of mine | 我的一探员同事正在和东区地检合作 |
[04:26] | working with the Eastern District. | 给我的友情提醒 |
[04:28] | Mm. Okay. | 哦 好吧 |
[04:30] | Last night, they arrested this hedge fund guy in Greenwich | 昨晚 他们以涉嫌证券和通信欺诈为由 |
[04:32] | on securities and wire fraud. | 抓捕了在格林威治搞对冲基金的家伙 |
[04:34] | Get to the part I’m gonna hate. | 说到我讨厌的事了 |
[04:37] | The guy works for Decker. | 这家伙给戴克工作 |
[04:38] | He’s gonna flip on him to save his own ass. | 他为了自保 要揭发戴克 |
[04:40] | Son of a bitch. What time is it? | 狗娘养的 现在几点 |
[04:42] | 5:50. | 五点五十 |
[04:52] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[04:55] | Take it easy there, fella. | 伙计 慢慢走 |
[05:02] | Excuse me, sir. | 先生 请留步 |
[05:04] | What? | 什么事 |
[05:07] | You didn’t clean up after your dog. | 你没清洁你狗的排泄物 |
[05:08] | Yeah, I forgot the bag today. | 是啊 我今天忘了带袋子 |
[05:12] | Oh, I don’t think so | 是吗 我不这样认为 |
[05:13] | because, you know, it’s not just the statutory law, | 因为这不仅仅是成文法的规定 |
[05:15] | it’s the law of civility, man. | 哥们 这是文明要求 |
[05:17] | And I’ve seen you before. | 我之前见过你 |
[05:19] | You come out of that building, your dog craps, | 你从那栋楼出来 你的狗排泄完 |
[05:21] | and you just leave it where it falls. | 你就把狗屎留在那不理 |
[05:23] | Why don’t you mind your business? | 你为什么多管闲事 |
[05:25] | This is my business. | 这就是我要管的事 |
[05:27] | Oh, you’re that guy. | 你是那个人 |
[05:29] | I am that guy. | 我就是那个人 |
[05:31] | All right, well, do you have an extra bag? | 好吧 你有多余的袋子吗 |
[05:32] | No, no. See, I used mine. | 没有 看见没 我用我自己的袋子 |
[05:35] | Well, I’ll get it next time. | 那我下次回带着袋子的 |
[05:36] | No, I think you need to get it this time. | 不 我觉得你这次就应该把它处理了 |
[05:37] | Why don’t you let it slide? | 你为什么不能放过这件事 |
[05:42] | “Let it slide.” | 放过这件事 |
[05:45] | That sounds simple, easy. | 听起来多么的简单 |
[05:47] | Sure, let it slide. That’s just some dog shit. | 当然 放过这事 不过是点狗屎 |
[05:52] | But those are three devious little words. | 放过这事 这四个字多么地狡猾 |
[05:56] | You know, if… if I let your dog shit slide, | 如果我能放过狗屎这件事 |
[05:59] | then I have to be okay | 那么我就必须接受 |
[06:00] | with this whole plaza filling up with it, | 整个广场都堆满狗屎 |
[06:03] | which it would before we know it. | 如果不管 很快就是满地狗屎 |
[06:04] | Oh, then it would be on our pant legs and our shoes, | 接下来就是我们的鞋和裤腿 |
[06:08] | and we would track it into our homes, | 然后我们会把狗屎带回家 |
[06:09] | and then our homes would smell like shit, too. | 然后我们家也都是一屋子狗屎味 |
[06:12] | It’d be easy to let it slide. | 放过这事很容易 |
[06:13] | You know, why don’t we, uh, | 那么 我们为什么 |
[06:15] | why don’t we let petty larceny slide, too? | 不放过小偷小摸呢 |
[06:17] | Some kid steals five bucks from a newsstand? Who cares? | 有小孩子从报摊偷走五块钱 那又能怎样 |
[06:20] | Well, maybe next time he decides to steal your TV | 可能下次 他偷的就是你家电视 |
[06:24] | or break into your brownstone and steal your fucking wife. | 或者闯进你家 偷的就是你老婆了 |
[06:27] | But what difference does it make? | 但是那又能怎样的 |
[06:28] | Because by then, | 因为到那个时候 不管怎样 |
[06:31] | we’re all living in shit anyway. | 我们的生活已经充斥着狗屎了 |
[06:33] | Come on, man. I don’t have a bag. | 伙计 别这样 我没带袋子 |
[06:35] | – You have hands. – What? | – 你有手啊 – 什么 |
[06:38] | – Use your hands. – Or? | – 用你的手 – 否则呢 |
[06:43] | Come on, man. Come on, buddy. | 我的天哪 伙计 来吧 |
[06:48] | There we go. Thattaboy. | 这就对了 乖孩子 |
[06:51] | That’s the spirit. | 就要这种精神 |
[06:53] | – Ugh. – Yeah? | – 天哪 – 说吧 |
[06:54] | Eastern’s moved on Decker. | 东区已经开始调查戴克了 |
[06:56] | They pinched one of his guys. | 他们抓住了一个他的人 |
[06:57] | Looks like he’s cooperating. | 看起来被抓的人合作了 |
[06:58] | He’s gonna flip on Decker? Are you fucking kidding me? | 他要指证戴克 你在逗我吗 |
[07:01] | We… Goddamn it. Hold on. Hold on. | 妈蛋 等一下 |
[07:04] | Sir, there’s still some over here. | 先生 这里还剩一点 |
[07:07] | That’s not Bobo’s, man. | 先生 那不是波波的 |
[07:08] | – It is now. – Fuck. Really? | – 现在是了 – 该死 来真的了 |
[07:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:12] | Well, if they have Decker… | 如果他们拿下戴克 |
[07:13] | …then they have Axelrod, | 那他们就会拿下埃克斯罗德 |
[07:14] | and we don’t. | 我们就一无所获了 |
[07:15] | We know where this came from. | 我们知道这是怎么回事 |
[07:18] | It’s fucking Spyros. | 都是该死的斯皮罗斯 |
[07:20] | Yeah, you know, while we’re chasing down Birch, | 我们追查伯奇的时候 |
[07:22] | that glory hound gets Eastern to look into Decker. | 那只跟风狗让东区去调查戴克 |
[07:29] | Hold on just a second. | 等我一下 |
[07:30] | Sir? | 先生 |
[07:33] | Thank you for doing your civic duty. | 感谢你的文明行为 |
[07:37] | Feels good, doesn’t it? | 是不是感觉不错 |
[07:42] | Okay. | 好的吧 |
[07:43] | Make some time for YumTime | # 给美味时光留点时间 # |
[07:45] | We’re baking just for you | # 烘焙只为你 # |
[07:47] | Scrumpets and Krumblettes | # 松脆饼 小面包 # |
[07:49] | And Scribbleberries, too | # 还有果酱馅哦 # |
[07:51] | – What up, big Steve? – Every single crumb | – 大块头斯蒂芬 你好啊 – # 每吃一口 # |
[07:54] | You’ll say yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! | # 你就会说 真好吃 # |
[07:55] | – Good morning, Mr. Bailey. – Thank you, Cheryl. | – 早上好 贝利先生 – 谢谢你 谢丽尔 |
[07:58] | YumTime today | # 今天吃美味时光 # |
[08:00] | Mr. Bailey’s office. | 这里是贝利先生的办公室 |
[08:02] | …for yum yum | # 真好吃 # |
[08:03] | I have Mr. Purkheiser on the line. | 我把伯克海泽先生打来的电话转给你了 |
[08:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:08] | What do you say, Purk? | 伯克 有什么事吗 |
[08:10] | Word is, | 有消息称 |
[08:11] | Bobby Axelrod is up to | 博比·埃克斯罗德已经手握 |
[08:13] | a 4.9% stake in YumTime. | 美味时光百分之四点九的股份了 |
[08:17] | Thanks for the heads up, Purk. | 伯克 谢谢提醒 |
[08:18] | – Okay. – All right. | – 不用谢 – 好 |
[08:22] | Fuck! Sh… | 靠 |
[08:25] | Cheryl, get in here! | 谢丽尔 进来 |
[08:28] | Jump up, jump up, jump up, yeah | # 跳跳跳 # |
[08:30] | Be advised, everybody thumbs up, yeah | # 注意 人人点赞 # |
[08:32] | Everyone, yes, bring your thumbs up, yeah | # 所有人 竖起你的大拇指来 # |
[08:34] | Everyone bring your thumbs up, hey | # 一起来点赞 # |
[08:36] | Jump up, jump up, jump up, yeah | # 跳跳跳 # |
[08:38] | Be advised, everybody thumbs up, yeah | # 注意 人人点赞 # |
[08:39] | Everyone, yes, bring your thumbs up, yeah | # 所有人 竖起你的大拇指来 # |
[08:41] | Everybody bring your thumbs up | # 一起来点赞 # |
[08:43] | Oh, yeah | # 欧耶 # |
[08:47] | And you know what ATM stands for, right? | 你知道ATM是什么吗 |
[08:51] | Yes. | 知道 |
[08:52] | I don’t wanna be the kind of person | 虽然能让我性趣高昂 |
[08:54] | that gets off on that. | 但是我不想那么做 |
[08:56] | I really don’t. | 真的不想 |
[08:58] | But… I’ve learned this, | 但…我也试过了 |
[09:01] | and it’s one of the positives of getting older. | 这也是变老的好处之一 |
[09:04] | It’s better to accept who I am than fight it. | 与其抗拒 不如接受自己原本的样子 |
[09:08] | Ass-to-mouth, by the way. | 我说的是插完菊花插嘴 |
[09:12] | Just so that we are speaking the same language. | 确保我们说的是同一件事 |
[09:14] | Oh, we are. | 我知道 |
[09:18] | Sometimes on the drive home, I’ll roll it over in my mind. | 我开车回家时会想 |
[09:21] | You know, what is it about a woman | 为什么 |
[09:25] | taking it into her mouth after a little raw-dogging | 女人会刚做完之后又口交 |
[09:28] | that just seems so right? | 还能看起来那么爽 |
[09:33] | And it’s this… | 而这一切… |
[09:35] | that I’m accepted as I am. | 我要接受的我 |
[09:39] | Completely. | 真正的我 |
[09:41] | For my good qualities, sure, | 我当然有优点 |
[09:43] | but also for all… | 但同时也有… |
[09:47] | of my filth. | 让人不耻的事情 |
[09:50] | And I appreciate a woman who is that giving. | 我非常感谢这么无私奉献的女性 |
[09:55] | I truly do. | 无比感恩 |
[09:58] | But there’s more to it, isn’t there? | 但不仅仅如此 |
[10:01] | The… act you’re talking about | 你所说的行为 |
[10:04] | has to do with power dynamics. | 同权力变换有关 |
[10:06] | Dominance. | 支配权力 |
[10:08] | Maybe ask why this is coming up for you now. | 我想知道为什么你现在才有这种感觉 |
[10:12] | Is there a work connection? | 跟工作有关吗 |
[10:14] | Someone you feel isn’t looking at you like she should? | 你觉得有人没有足够的尊重你 |
[10:21] | Maria Saldana. Wow. | 玛利亚·萨尔达纳 哇 |
[10:26] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[10:27] | She was kind of a bastard about her bonus at quarterly review, | 她在季度总结会上抱怨她的分红太少 |
[10:30] | and then she went and got an offer away. | 然后她走了 有人开的薪水更高 |
[10:32] | Yeah, but she’s still here. | 对 但她还留在公司 |
[10:34] | Yeah, but she threatened to leave, | 对 但她威胁说要离开 |
[10:36] | leveraging us to make a bigger offer, | 胁迫我们开出更高的薪水 |
[10:37] | which we will, and I think she stays. | 我们会这么做 所以她留下来 |
[10:40] | – You feel played. – Yeah, I do. | – 你觉得你被耍了- 对 |
[10:42] | Then why did you make her the counter | 既然你觉得被耍了 |
[10:43] | if you feel that way? | 为什么还要答应她的要求 |
[10:45] | Because she’s great at her job. | 她工作能力很强 |
[10:46] | Her P&L’s always green. | 她的报表非常漂亮 |
[10:47] | She grew her capital from 50 to $300 million. | 她的本金从五千万增加到三亿美元 |
[10:50] | Men renegotiate. | 男人们会重新谈判 |
[10:51] | If they do it this way, they get fired. | 他们敢这么做 会被解雇的 |
[10:53] | So it’s really not because she’s a woman? | 所以真的不是因为她是女的吗 |
[10:55] | No, it’s because she got out of line. | 不 因为她太出格了 |
[10:58] | You know that we’re upping Donnie Caan’s capital… | 你知道我们要给唐尼·卡恩的本金 |
[11:00] | tripling it. I asked Axe why. | 是原来的两倍 我问过埃克斯原因 |
[11:01] | He said, “Donnie’s loyal, a good soldier.” | 他说 唐尼很忠诚 是个很好的战士 |
[11:03] | And in your mind, Maria’s not. | 而你认为玛利亚不是 |
[11:05] | It doesn’t matter. I’ll keep her. | 没关系 我会让她留下 |
[11:15] | You gonna tell me about that smile? | 你脸上的笑是什么意思 |
[11:18] | Well, I’ll keep her, | 她会留下来 |
[11:21] | but she won’t have much fun. | 但她肯定不好过 |
[11:24] | It’s my duty to make an example of her now. | 我要给她一个教训 以一儆百 |
[11:29] | You cannot leverage us. | 她不能胁迫我们 |
[11:32] | So over the next two years, | 未来两年里 |
[11:34] | she’ll get cut back in ways she can’t control. | 她拿到的钱会出乎她的意料 |
[11:36] | She’ll get less deal flow, | 她的成交量会越来越少 |
[11:37] | less information will fall into her lap. | 得到的情报会越来越少 |
[11:39] | At the end of her deal, | 最后 |
[11:41] | she’ll be worth a quarter of her current comp. | 她只能拿到现在薪水的四分之一 |
[11:47] | Ass-to-mouth, | 屁股到嘴 |
[11:49] | whether she likes it or not. | 管她喜不喜欢 |
[11:54] | – Hey, Christine. – Oh, hey, Lara. | – 嘿 克里斯汀 – 嘿 拉拉 |
[11:55] | – I have you in the 10:00, right? – Yeah. | – 我们约好是十点 是吗 – 是的 |
[11:57] | So you get the whole book tour treatment? | 你要到处宣传新书 |
[11:59] | – Local press, store signings? – Yes, all of that. | – 包括当地媒体 签名会 – 对 全部 |
[12:01] | Oh, so fun. Hey, Lara. | 太有趣了 嘿 拉拉 |
[12:03] | Hi, ladies. | 你们好 |
[12:04] | Congratulate June. | 我在恭喜琼 |
[12:05] | Oh, on what? | 喔 为什么 |
[12:07] | Goose Quill is publishing her memoir | 鹅毛笔出版社要出版她的回忆录 |
[12:09] | on how she got through 9/11. | 关于她如何从9/11的影响里走出来的 |
[12:11] | Wow. Congratulations, June. | 哇 恭喜你 琼 |
[12:13] | Yeah, it’s just, you know, | 只是个 |
[12:15] | it’s just a story I wanted to tell. | 只是讲述一个我想讲的故事 |
[12:17] | So cool, right? | 太棒了 是吗 |
[12:18] | Yeah, super-duper. | 对 棒极了 |
[12:21] | Well, congrats again. Can’t wait to read it. | 再次恭喜你 我非常期待 |
[12:36] | Hi. It’s Lara Axelrod | 嗨 这是拉拉·埃克斯罗德 |
[12:38] | for Shari Strang in communications. | 我要找莎莉·斯特朗 |
[12:44] | – Lara, hey. – Hey, Shari. | – 嘿 拉拉 – 嘿 莎莉 |
[12:46] | Listen, I need you to get something for me. | 听好 我要你做些事 |
[12:50] | This is more. | 这太多了 |
[12:53] | This is much more than… | 太… |
[12:56] | I didn’t come in here | 我来这里 |
[12:57] | trying to get you to do what you’re doing. | 不是要你做你现在做的事 |
[12:59] | Well, if you had, I wouldn’t be. | 如果你是 我也不会做 |
[13:02] | And it makes good sense. | 这么做很明智 |
[13:04] | Should make a pretty big difference to the family. | 会对改变整个家庭的命运 |
[13:06] | Game changer for us. | 对我们来说绝对是扭转乾坤 |
[13:08] | – Bring Wags in? – Yeah. | – 要叫瓦格斯进来吗 – 好 |
[13:12] | – Axe. – Yeah? | – 埃克斯 -什么 |
[13:14] | Thank you for your trust. | 谢谢你的信任 |
[13:16] | Thank you for earning it. | 也感谢你的努力 |
[13:18] | This is huge. I wanna thank you, too. | 这意义太大了 谢谢你 |
[13:21] | I told Donnie we’ve always known we could trust him. | 我跟唐尼说 我们一直相信他 |
[13:24] | It’s official. We’re gonna triple up his stack, | 就这么定了 他的本金会增加两倍 |
[13:26] | back him with the main fund when we can. | 我们的旗舰基金做他的后盾 |
[13:28] | He’ll need one-on-ones, some IPOs, and another analyst. | 他需要一对一 新股情报 分析师 |
[13:31] | Excellent. Shooter shooter, coming out. | 棒极了 超强枪手要诞生了 |
[13:34] | Get started with 200,000 shares of Rubinex. | 就从卢比奈科斯的两万股开始吧 |
[13:37] | That’s a big position. Are you sure? | 仓位那么大 你确定吗 |
[13:40] | We are not uncertain. | 我们很有把握 |
[13:41] | You’re gonna be our Brian Doyle. | 你就是我们的布莱恩·道尔 |
[13:43] | – Who? – Brian Doyle. | – 谁 – 布莱恩·道尔 |
[13:44] | He’s a utility player on the ’78 Yankees. | 1978年洋基队的全能队员 |
[13:47] | He’s a lifetime .168 hitter. | 他的击球率是0.168 |
[13:48] | That’s below the Mendoza. | 比门多萨低得多 |
[13:50] | But in the ’78 World Series, | 但在1978年的世界大赛上 |
[13:52] | Willie Randolph got hurt, Doyle stepped in, | 当时威利·伦道夫受伤了 道尔替他上场 |
[13:54] | hit .438, played like an MVP. | 打出了0.438的成绩 像个最有价值球员 |
[13:56] | – Legendary. – You’re gonna be Brian Doyle. | – 传奇人物 – 而你将成为布莱恩·道尔 |
[13:59] | I’m gonna be Brian Doyle. | 我是布莱恩·道尔 |
[14:04] | Amelia, I know it’s a high profile case. | 阿米莉娅 我知道这是个广受关注的案件 |
[14:07] | But, uh, I’m building something here. | 但是 我这里也在办一个案子 |
[14:10] | So can we horse trade? | 我们做个换马交易怎么样 |
[14:11] | Listening. | 我在听 |
[14:13] | The Schachetti brothers. | 思科凯帝兄弟 |
[14:14] | You gonna give me the Schachetti brothers? | 你要把思科凯帝兄弟给我 |
[14:17] | You like? | 有兴趣吗 |
[14:18] | You propose to trade a high-flying hedge fund manager | 你是想要用一个有名声显赫的对冲基金经理 |
[14:21] | for a couple of old goombahs | 来换皇后区一群为了垃圾车 |
[14:23] | throwing elbows over garbage pickups in Queens? | 打起来的老酒鬼 |
[14:26] | Maybe, uh, you don’t understand how horse trading works. | 或许你不清楚换马交易是怎么做的 |
[14:29] | Uh, you don’t open with your, uh… | 你还没说出… |
[14:32] | You can’t offer me your mule for my thoroughbred. | 你现在是要用骡子来换我的纯种马 |
[14:34] | You’re hoping I’m dumb enough to go for that. | 你以为我会蠢到接受 |
[14:38] | So fuck you and the horse you didn’t ride in on. | 去你的和你那匹臭马 |
[14:44] | I think maybe she does understand horse trading. | 我看她很清楚怎么换马 |
[14:52] | Just find it. | 去找 |
[14:57] | File you asked about. | 这是你要的案件 |
[14:58] | What? | 什么 |
[15:00] | Sakurov cyber fraud case. | 萨库拉夫的网络诈骗案 |
[15:01] | Oh, right. Thanks. | 对 谢谢 |
[15:04] | Any luck with the, uh, douche bags from Eastern? | 东区那班讨厌鬼有什么进展吗 |
[15:06] | Not yet. | 没有 |
[15:11] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨 |
[15:14] | Well, I, uh, heard from that agent over there and, uh, | 我听东区的探员说 |
[15:17] | Decker’s junior is being very cooperative. | 戴克公司的员工都非常合作 |
[15:20] | – Son of a bitch. – Yeah, I know. I’m sorry. | – 王八蛋 – 我知道 很遗憾 |
[15:24] | All right, well, catch you later. | 好吧 再联系 |
[15:26] | Yeah. | 好 |
[15:31] | – She’s good, isn’t she? – Yeah. | – 她很棒吧 – 对 |
[15:34] | Yeah, it’s important to develop | 同联邦探员建立良好的关系 |
[15:36] | good relationships with agents. | 是非常重要的 |
[15:37] | Oh, yeah, I know. You told me that first day. | 我知道 你一开始就告诉我了 |
[15:40] | Can’t stress that enough. | 怎么强调也不为过 |
[15:42] | So what’s going on with Eastern? | 东区怎么了 |
[15:44] | Ah. | 啊 |
[15:46] | Spyros, the SEC, pulled a move on the Axelrod case. | 证交所的斯皮罗斯要扳倒埃克斯罗德 |
[15:49] | What? | 什么 |
[15:50] | They got a guy to flip on Decker, | 他们找到一个人指证戴克 |
[15:51] | one of Axelrod’s spin-offs. | 戴克是埃克斯罗德的子公司 |
[15:53] | – Pete Decker? – Yeah. | – 彼得·戴克 – 对 |
[15:55] | He’s got a couple billion in assets under management. | 他在埃克斯罗德的资产 |
[15:58] | Ties to Axelrod. | 有数十亿 |
[15:59] | Mm, you wanted to flip him. | 你想让他成为你的人 |
[16:01] | That was the plan. | 本来是这么打算的 |
[16:02] | You have all the leverage you need? | 你有需要的筹码了吗 |
[16:04] | No such thing. | 没有 |
[16:07] | I’ll grind on it. | 我去找吧 |
[16:10] | Like, uh, Terri. | 就像特丽 |
[16:12] | She looks like a real grinder. | 她什么都知道 |
[16:21] | As members of the board of YumTime… | 既然美味时光公司董事都在这里 |
[16:23] | Gathered informally. | 非正式董事会 |
[16:25] | …you must wanna know | 你们肯定想知道 |
[16:26] | if my acquiring almost 5% of your company | 我收购的公司百分之五的股份是否 |
[16:29] | is a vote of confidence. | 是因为看好公司的发展前景 |
[16:31] | So let me put an end to the suspense… it isn’t. | 我就不故弄玄虚了 完全不是 |
[16:34] | Mr. Axelrod is prepared to increase his position | 埃克斯罗德先生准备加持股份 |
[16:38] | and file with the SEC. | 并上报证交所 |
[16:40] | In addition to its stake, | 除了这些股份 |
[16:41] | Axe Capital controls a significant percentage | 埃克斯资本掌控着该公司 |
[16:43] | of the silent money votes in this company. | 相当部分的投票权 |
[16:45] | Which means, come proxy season, | 这意味着 到了股东大会 |
[16:47] | there’s a road for all of you being out on your asses. | 你们都会被赶出公司 |
[16:52] | It’s all in the letter, which can be released publicly. | 这些都在信里 也可以公开发布 |
[16:55] | We’re all aware of activist letters, | 我们知道那些活动家的信 |
[16:57] | and Mr. Axelrod’s history with such. | 也了解埃克斯罗德先生的事迹 |
[17:00] | A seat at the table | 我们要董事会的一个席位 |
[17:02] | and a say in management decisions. | 并且参与管理层的决策制定 |
[17:03] | Based on what? | 凭什么 |
[17:05] | The fact that YumTime profits have declined 8 years running, | 就凭美味时光连续八年利润下滑 |
[17:07] | while executive compensation has soared 300%. | 而高管的薪酬却飙升了300% |
[17:11] | And Hutch Bailey III has been CEO | 确切点说就是在哈奇·贝利三世 |
[17:13] | for exactly that span of time. | 当上了CEO那段时间 |
[17:17] | I’m not here as a declaration of war, | 我不是来这儿宣战 |
[17:20] | but as a beacon of hope… | 相反是来给你们做指明灯的 |
[17:22] | someone who knows how a business should be run, | 一个知道如何运作企业的人 |
[17:25] | who sees exactly why your brand | 一个能一眼看出为什么 |
[17:26] | is bleeding market share, | 你们的市场份额一直在萎缩的人 |
[17:27] | from the ingredients to the marketing. | 从配料到营销都了如指掌的人 |
[17:29] | You are in a room full of career business operators. | 这屋子里都是企业经营者 |
[17:32] | Absolutely. | 的确如此 |
[17:33] | And I’ve been made to understand | 所以我才会知道 |
[17:34] | that you’re the reasonable board members | 你们是董事会中明白事理的 |
[17:37] | who see how tenuous the future of YumTime is. | 知道美味时光的未来是多么岌岌可危 |
[17:39] | We could be as reasonable as Phil Donahue, | 我们可以像菲尔·多纳休一样明白事理 |
[17:42] | wouldn’t change a thing. | 但也改变不了什么 |
[17:43] | Hutch Bailey III is the CEO | 除非哈奇·贝利三世另有打算 |
[17:45] | and will be until he decides otherwise. | 不然他会一直是CEO |
[17:48] | The Bailey family is YumTime. | 贝利家族就是美味时光 |
[17:49] | YumTime is the Bailey family. | 美味时光就是贝利家族 |
[17:51] | As the majority of the board of directors, | 作为董事会多数票拥有者 |
[17:53] | you can change all of that in an instant. | 你可以瞬间改变这一切 |
[17:55] | Our chairman, Jerome Purkheiser, | 我们的董事长杰罗姆·伯克海泽 |
[17:57] | is a wise and smart man. | 是一个聪明睿智的人 |
[17:58] | And he has been like a second father to Hutch | 在哈奇二世过世后 |
[18:01] | once Hutch II passed on. | 就像哈奇的另一个父亲一样 |
[18:02] | And I do not think Purk would look upon this | 我认为伯克不会 |
[18:05] | in a friendly way at all. | 友好地看待这一切 |
[18:07] | So leave your letter. | 所以留下你的信 |
[18:08] | Put it on a billboard if you want. | 如果你喜欢的话也可以登在广告牌上 |
[18:10] | This meeting’s over. | 会议到此为止 |
[18:15] | So it’s all about Purkheiser. | 所以关键就是伯克海泽 |
[18:16] | Now we know that for sure. | 这一点我们可以确定了 |
[18:18] | Yeah. Did you see her react? | 是啊 你看到她的反应了吗 |
[18:20] | I did. | 我看见了 |
[18:22] | I am exposed here. | 这个位置让我处境艰难 |
[18:24] | This board seat gives me my own standing | 董事会席位让我有了现在的地位 |
[18:26] | and $200,000 in income. | 以及两百万的收入 |
[18:28] | Seats are always at risk during a takeover. | 这个位置在收购的时候总是处于危险中 |
[18:30] | You’ll be fine. | 你不会有事儿的 |
[18:31] | I don’t wanna hear those words from you | 除非你和该死的贝蒂·克罗克离婚 |
[18:32] | until you divorce Betty fucking Crocker. | 否则我才不想听你说这话 |
[18:34] | Cut the screen test, Evelyn. | 你少说两句 伊芙琳 |
[18:36] | Let me read the goddamn letter. | 先让我把这该死的信读完 |
[18:38] | Jesus, really? | 天哪 这是真的吗 |
[18:41] | “Hutch Bailey has betrayed the consumer and his own legacy | “哈奇·贝利背叛了消费者和他的先辈 |
[18:43] | by tampering with the recipe”? | 私自篡改了产品配方 |
[18:46] | The product tastes fine. | 产品的味道没有问题 |
[18:50] | This isn’t about the product. | 这说的不是产品 |
[18:55] | Bobby Axelrod knows about you and me. | 博比·埃克斯罗德知道了你和我的关系 |
[18:57] | What? How? | 什么 怎么会 |
[18:59] | Not sure. But I’m impressed. | 不确定 但我还挺佩服他 |
[19:03] | He knows how important your happiness is to me, | 他知道你的幸福对我来说有多重要 |
[19:05] | so he’s making us his brushback pitch to my son. | 所以他在利用我们来对付我儿子 |
[19:09] | It’s nice handiwork. | 好手段 |
[19:11] | We’ve got to stop it. | 我们必须阻止他 |
[19:12] | He cannot get on a winning streak. | 不能让他这样连赢下去了 |
[19:15] | What are we gonna do? | 我们要怎么做 |
[19:17] | I gave you my board seat, so I don’t have a voice. | 我把董事会的席位让给你 我就没有发言权了 |
[19:20] | But here’s what you can do. | 但是你需要这么做 |
[19:24] | You can talk to Jerome Purkheiser. | 你可以和杰罗姆·伯克海泽谈谈 |
[19:27] | And say what? | 谈什么 |
[19:28] | You’re a persuasive woman. | 你是一个很具说服力的女人 |
[19:30] | Persuade him to ride this thing out and block it. | 说服他挺过这件事儿并且阻止它发生 |
[19:35] | They’re lobbying him. | 他们在游说他 |
[19:37] | You should lobby him. | 你更应该劝住他 |
[19:39] | Okay, I’ll go talk to him. | 好吧 我会和他谈谈 |
[19:41] | – Well, not now. – Why not? | – 不是现在 – 为什么 |
[19:43] | Honey, I took a pill. | 亲爱的 我想要放松一下 |
[19:56] | Hey, Lara. | 嘿 拉拉 |
[19:59] | – Did you get it? – Yep. | – 你拿到了 – 是啊 |
[20:00] | How’d you do that so fast? | 你怎么这么快 |
[20:04] | I know an editor at Goose Quill. | 我认识鹅毛笔的一个编辑 |
[20:05] | His kid’s a bass player, | 他的孩子是个贝斯手 |
[20:06] | and I promised his band a Pitchfork piece. | 我答应给他的乐队提供一个音叉片 |
[20:09] | Amazing. | 太神了 |
[20:10] | Hey, Lar. Wanna try a morel and asparagus beggar’s purse? | 嘿 拉拉 想试试龙葵果用笋叶包制的肉粽吗 |
[20:13] | Totally. | 没问题 |
[20:15] | Lu, Shari. Shari, Lu. | 露这是谢丽 谢丽这是露 |
[20:17] | Oh, the sister. | 哦 你妹妹 |
[20:19] | Yeah, the sister. Hey. | 没错 是她妹妹 |
[20:20] | Eat that. | 尝尝这个 |
[20:25] | Oh, my God. That is insane. | 天哪 太好吃了 |
[20:28] | She farms ’em, I charms ’em. | 她负责种 我来加工 |
[20:29] | I could eat that, like, every day. | 真想每天都能吃到 |
[20:31] | That’s my sis. | 那是我妹妹 |
[20:33] | So I skimmed. I learned a thing or two. | 我略读了一下 发现了一两件事 |
[20:35] | I didn’t know Axe was a doctor. | 我都不知道埃克斯是一个博士 |
[20:37] | A what? | 一个什么 |
[20:39] | Stanford. | 斯坦福大学 |
[20:40] | Oh, the honorary. | 名誉上的 |
[20:42] | Yeah, we made a pretty big gift. | 我们送了一份大礼 |
[20:45] | Lara, take a look at chapter ten. | 拉拉 仔细看下第十章 |
[20:48] | It’s a problem. | 有点问题 |
[21:01] | No, I’m… I’m sure that the kids will have | 不 我 我确定孩子们会 |
[21:02] | a wonderful time. | 玩的很开心 |
[21:04] | Listen, I really do need to run. | 听着 我真的要工作了 |
[21:05] | Yeah, okay. Bye. | 好好 拜 |
[21:09] | – Lonnie. – Chuck. What’s up? | – 朗尼 – 查克什么事 |
[21:11] | Uh, do you happen to catch the science section on Tuesday? | 呃 你看了周二报纸上的科学版了吗 |
[21:15] | I may have skipped it. | 我可能没看 |
[21:17] | Mm. I never miss a word. | 我一个字没落的都读了 |
[21:20] | Anyway, uh, there was a piece on microbial research. | 而且 有一个微生物研究 |
[21:23] | It’s a burgeoning field. | 这是一个新兴领域 |
[21:25] | And this MIT team was looking into apoptosis. | 麻省理工学院正在研究细胞的死亡 |
[21:28] | There are cells | 有一些细胞 |
[21:30] | within me and you and other complex organisms | 存在于你我还有其他高等生物的体内 |
[21:33] | that will actually sacrifice themselves for the whole. | 它们会为了整体利益而牺牲自己 |
[21:37] | Healthy cells just kind of… | 健康的细胞只是 |
[21:40] | Taking one for the team. | 为了整体牺牲自己 |
[21:42] | What? | 到底要干什么 |
[21:44] | Statue of Liberty attempted bombing case | 自由女神像爆炸未遂案 |
[21:46] | needs to come off your plate. | 需要你交出案子 |
[21:47] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[21:49] | Eastern needs that case. | 东区需要这个案子 |
[21:51] | No. That’s a dagger. | 不 这案子很重要 |
[21:54] | I have this. | 我已经搞定了 |
[21:55] | I’ve been doing this for two years around the clock. | 我夜以继日的做了两年了 |
[21:58] | Oh, believe me, I know, and I see that. | 相信我 我知道的 我看到了 |
[22:01] | But it really can’t be helped. | 但是真的没办法 |
[22:03] | Besides, you’re still gonna be on the case. | 再说 你还可以继续跟这案子 |
[22:05] | What the fuck? | 你他妈什么意思 |
[22:06] | You’re cross-designating me to Eastern? | 你要把我派到东区吗 |
[22:09] | Like you said, you’ve been working on it for two years. | 就像你说的 你已经为这案子忙碌了两年了 |
[22:11] | They’re gonna need your expertise. | 他们需要你的专业意见 |
[22:14] | Yeah, I’m gonna do all the scut work. | 是啊 粗活儿累活儿我都干了 |
[22:15] | They’re gonna try the case and get the good stuff. | 他们直接上庭 拿下案子 |
[22:18] | I’ll make it up to you. | 我会补偿你 |
[22:19] | You gotta give me a reason. | 给我个理由 |
[22:21] | I’m making parlay with Eastern and I need big wampum. | 我在和东区的人做一笔交易 我需要很多筹码 |
[22:27] | So I’m supposed to what, just grab my ankles and take it? | 那我是什么 就是任你摆布的筹码 |
[22:29] | I’ll send over a vat of ass lube. | 我会送你一大桶后菊润滑剂 |
[22:32] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[22:36] | What’s the difference between | 后菊润滑剂和一般的润滑剂 |
[22:37] | ass lube or regular lube? | 有什么不同吗 |
[22:41] | Viscosity. | 粘性 |
[22:44] | Fuck, Wend. | 该死 温蒂 |
[22:46] | I never get used to how you live. | 我从来都不习惯你的生活方式 |
[22:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:51] | You know, I can see why you made the choice that you did. | 你知道吗 我理解为什么你会做出这种选择了 |
[22:54] | E.R., it’s binary. | 急诊室 二元的 |
[22:57] | They come in bleeding to death, | 他们进来的时候 血流成河 |
[22:58] | I get them back on the rails inside of a day. | 一天之后 我让他们重获生机 |
[23:02] | Or not. Either way, it’s done. | 或者没有 无论哪种 都已经结束了 |
[23:05] | I’m forced to move on to the next, to be present. | 我必须治疗下一个 关注眼前 |
[23:08] | It’s satisfying. | 这个很令人满意 |
[23:09] | I’m an adrenaline junkie anyway. | 无论如何我是个追求刺激的人 |
[23:11] | Well, we’re both addicts. | 好吧 我们都是 |
[23:12] | This thing I do… | 我做的事情 |
[23:14] | I get so fucking turned on doing it | 真他妈的刺激 |
[23:17] | because I see the change happen immediately, too. | 因为我也能看到迅速发生的变化 |
[23:21] | They go from zero to 100, and I can watch | 从无到有 我可以清楚的看到 |
[23:24] | exactly how they use what I give them. | 他们是如何利用我所带给他们的东西 |
[23:28] | Yeah, but something about it is not sitting right with you. | 是啊 但是有些事让你很不舒服 |
[23:34] | You’re in the horns of a dilemma. | 你处在进退两难的境地 |
[23:36] | Horns… of a… dilemma. | 进退两难 |
[23:46] | There’s this woman. | 有个女人 |
[23:47] | She’s a real badass. I like her a lot. | 她很厉害 我非常喜欢她 |
[23:52] | And I know she’s about to get crushed, | 我知道有人要收拾她 |
[23:55] | and the guy who’s gonna crush her is my patient, too. | 那个要收拾她的人也是我的病人 |
[23:59] | All these people matter to me, | 这些人对我都很重要 |
[24:00] | and I can’t do my job if I judge them. | 如果我去评判他们就无法做好我的工作 |
[24:02] | Do the triage. | 进行筛选 |
[24:03] | Figure out who needs what more and go that way. | 弄清楚谁更需要帮助 |
[24:07] | That’s the short-term fix. | 这是一种短期的应急措施 |
[24:08] | Long term? This shit is gonna give you ulceritis. | 长期的话 这该死的情况会让你崩溃的 |
[24:12] | Worse. | 更惨 |
[24:14] | Talk to Chase, the headhunter. | 和猎头蔡斯谈谈 |
[24:16] | Hmm. That guy you… | 那家伙和你 |
[24:19] | Yeah, we had a little thing. | 没错 我们彼此有好感 |
[24:20] | It was years ago. | 已经是几年前的事儿了 |
[24:21] | – You were kinda into him. – Mm-hmm. | – 你有点喜欢他 – 嗯哼 |
[24:24] | He was… fun. | 他很有趣 |
[24:25] | Good at certain things, if I recall. | 据我回忆 还擅长某些事 |
[24:29] | Very conscientious. | 非常认真 |
[24:35] | Someone’s gotta talk to Purkheiser. | 有人会去和伯克海泽谈谈 |
[24:37] | He made his money in meat processing. | 他通过肉类加工赚钱 |
[24:39] | Feared by the bovine. | 害怕牛科动物 |
[24:41] | Kills over a million cows a year. | 每年能杀掉一百万多头奶牛 |
[24:44] | He’s been described to me as a cool-headed Midwesterner | 有人把他描绘成一个来自中西部头脑冷静的人 |
[24:47] | who can smell bullshit in the colon of a bull | 他能隔着农场在一堆牛大肠里 |
[24:49] | from across the ranch. | 闻到牛屎的味道 |
[24:50] | Wanna try him? | 想要试试他吗 |
[24:52] | I can’t do that. He’s folksy. | 我做不到 他为人随和 |
[24:54] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[24:55] | I’ve tried with folksy people. | 我和随和的人打过交道 |
[24:57] | They find me to be a rapacious scumbag. | 他们都觉得我是个贪婪卑鄙小人 |
[24:59] | I’m sorry to break it to you, but… | 我真不想告诉你的 不过 |
[25:02] | I don’t think it’s just the folksy people. | 我不觉得只有随和的人这么认为 |
[25:04] | How ’bout you? | 那你怎么看 |
[25:06] | You’re my rapacious scumbag. | 你是我的贪婪卑鄙小人 |
[25:09] | This is what love is. | 这就是爱 |
[25:14] | They put me on fucking hold? | 他们居然让我在线等 |
[25:16] | Yeah, a man of your stature. | 就是 让您这种身份的人等 |
[25:18] | Damn right. Man of my imperious… | 可不就是 我这样的 |
[25:20] | You ready to sweet talk me? | 准备好跟我甜言蜜语了吗 |
[25:23] | Statue of Liberty bombing attempt. | 阴谋炸毁自由女神像 |
[25:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:31] | Oh, yes, you do. | 你肯定知道 |
[25:33] | This story’s front page of the Times, | 这起事件上了时代的头版 |
[25:34] | above the fold, and the case is solid. | 绝对重量级 案子无懈可击 |
[25:36] | – One condition. – Shoot. | – 有个条件 – 说 |
[25:39] | Ari Spyros is embedded with you. | 让奥里·斯皮罗斯跟你合作 |
[25:41] | No. No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 不 |
[25:43] | No, you can’t saddle me with that useless douche bag. | 你不能把那个没用的蠢包丢我这边来 |
[25:48] | – Take or leave? – Done. | – 不同意就拉倒 – 成交 |
[25:51] | We’ll send the transcript right over. | 我们会把案卷给你送过去 |
[25:53] | – Good. – Chuck, it’s Ari. | – 很好 -查克 我是奥里 |
[25:56] | Looking forward to working with you again. | 十分期待与你的再次合作 |
[25:59] | Hey. Spyros. | 斯皮罗斯 |
[26:02] | I’m glad you heard all that. | 很高兴你听见了我刚才说的话 |
[26:04] | And I promise, I’d have said that to your fucking face, | 我保证 我是想当着你的面说的 |
[26:07] | which always reminds me of a confused dog. | 你的脸总让我联想到一只迷茫的狗 |
[26:16] | That’s Decker. | 那个就是戴克 |
[26:22] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[26:24] | Seems like a real family man. | 看着真像一个顾家男人 |
[26:26] | – Nice guy? – What? | – 一个好人 – 什么 |
[26:28] | I don’t give a shit. | 我才不管 |
[26:29] | Ah. | 哼 |
[26:31] | “Good father? Fuck you.” | “好父亲 去你的” |
[26:32] | “Fuck you. Go home and play with your kids.” | “去你的 回家带小孩去吧” |
[26:38] | Okay, okay, okay. No. | 好啦 好啦 |
[26:41] | Actually, I feel a little bit bad doing it this way. | 其实 这么做让我有点难受 |
[26:45] | Yeah, me, too. Let the kids clear. | 我也是 让孩子先走 |
[26:49] | That’s goddamn decent of you. | 你心肠真好 |
[26:51] | It’s fucking hot. | 真性感 |
[26:55] | – All right, bye, Dad. – All right. | – 再见 爸爸 – 好的 |
[26:56] | – See you later, bud. – Bye, Daddy. Love you. | – 再见 宝贝 – 再见 爸爸 爱你哦 |
[26:58] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[26:59] | – All right, now. – Go now. | – 可以了 就现在 – 行动 |
[27:06] | Hi, Pete. | 彼得 |
[27:09] | Mr. Decker, | 戴克先生 |
[27:11] | Bryan Connerty | 我是南区 |
[27:12] | with the U.S. Attorney’s office, Southern District. | 美国检察官办公室的布莱恩·康纳利 |
[27:13] | We have an awful lot to talk about. | 我们有很多事情要和您谈谈 |
[27:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:24] | It isn’t flattering. | 这可不是献媚讨好 |
[27:27] | Looking at some pretty serious reputational damage here. | 我看这是严重的名誉毁坏 |
[27:29] | Hmm, you think? | 你觉得是 |
[27:30] | Is it a defamation case? I don’t know. You tell me. | 这是诽谤罪吗 我不知道 不如你来告诉我 |
[27:33] | How much is true? | 这里面有多少是真的 |
[27:35] | He made some shrewd trades around 9/11. | 他在9/11期间做了些精明交易 |
[27:37] | You know, he did what he had to do. | 他做了他该做的 |
[27:39] | My husband plays hardball. | 我丈夫动的是真格的 |
[27:40] | Nobody makes billions of dollars pitching underhand. | 没人能用下作手段赚数十亿美元 |
[27:42] | But his work situation beforehand, | 但是他之前的事 |
[27:44] | what he did after, | 还有之后的所作所为 就是 |
[27:46] | incendiary. | 煽风点火 |
[27:50] | So what do you recommend? | 那你有何建议 |
[27:53] | Three avenues… | 三种方法 |
[27:54] | let her print, then we rebut and sue. | 让她刊载 然后我们反驳 诉讼 |
[27:57] | And I’m not recommending that. | 而我不建议这么做 |
[27:59] | People remember allegations, not rebuttals. | 人们记得的是谣言 而不是辩驳 |
[28:01] | Exactly. Someone says Charlie fucked a goat, | 正是 要是有人说查理操了只羊 |
[28:03] | even if the goat denies it, | 即便那只羊否认 |
[28:04] | he goes to the grave “Charlie the goat fucker.” | 他这辈子都会被称为”操羊的查理” |
[28:07] | Second option… | 第二种方法 |
[28:08] | buy the publishing company and kill it. | 收购出版社 把它关了 |
[28:10] | That’s too loud, I think. | 我觉得这样动静太大 |
[28:12] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[28:15] | The third choice… | 第三种方法 |
[28:16] | I could go and try and reason with her. | 我可以去试着跟她讲道理 |
[28:22] | No, I reasoned with that twat once before. | 不行 我跟那娘们理论过一次 |
[28:28] | I have ways to get her attention. | 我有的是办法吸引她的注意力 |
[28:31] | Hi. I’m in the 8:15 with Steffi. | 你好 我和施特菲约的8:15 |
[28:34] | Um, I don’t have you on my list. | 我的名单上没有你 |
[28:36] | I booked online. | 我在网上预订的 |
[28:37] | There must be some sort of mix up. | 肯定是哪里出错了 |
[28:39] | Your name didn’t make it into the system. | 系统里并没有您的名字 |
[28:40] | – Okay. – Hey, June. | – 好吧 -琼 |
[28:41] | Um… | 呃 |
[28:42] | Lilly, Jane, Patricia… you’re all set. | 莉莉 简 帕特丽夏 到你们了 |
[28:44] | Thanks, Christine. I gotta change. | 谢谢 克里斯汀 我要换下衣服 |
[28:47] | Um, can you just, like, squeeze me in? | 你能把我名字加进去吗 |
[28:49] | Sorry. It’s policy. | 对不起 我们有规定的 |
[28:51] | Everything okay, June? | 一切还好吗琼 |
[28:52] | Yeah, everything’s fine. I… oh, God. | 一切都好 我… 天哪 |
[28:55] | A doctor. I totally forgot. I’m late. | 医生 我忘得一干二净 我要迟到了 |
[29:02] | They’re on their way. | 他们就在路上 |
[29:03] | Good. | 很好 |
[29:04] | Are you wearing cologne? | 你喷了古龙水 |
[29:06] | – Yeah. – Jesus Christ. | – 是啊 – 我的天 |
[29:08] | So… ground rules. | 规定是 |
[29:10] | I’ll do all of the talking. | 话都由我来说 |
[29:13] | “We have someone else | “我们手上还有个人 |
[29:14] | that made the same pharmaceutical trade.” | 他做了和你一样的医药交易” |
[29:16] | First one in gets a lollipop. | 第一个同意合作的可宽大处理 |
[29:18] | But to be clear, we don’t really have anyone? | 但我想弄清楚一下 我们手上什么都没有 |
[29:20] | To be clear, I am making a play. | 事先说明 我这是威逼利诱他 |
[29:22] | That’s what I like to call “the prisoner’s dilemma.” | 我喜欢管这叫”囚犯困境” |
[29:25] | No, you don’t like to call it that. That’s what it’s called. | 不对 不是你喜欢 而是它就叫”囚犯困境” |
[29:28] | Started as a thought experiment, | 一开始只是项思维实验 |
[29:29] | game theory in the ’50s. | 一个五十年代的博弈理论 |
[29:30] | Does no one ever check you on this bullshit? | 从没有人给你说明一下这个吗 |
[29:32] | I’m just saying, I would’ve made the same play. | 我的意思是 我也会用一样的手段 |
[29:35] | Mr. Decker, sir? | 戴克先生 |
[29:42] | I think everyone knows why we’re here. | 我们为何来此 大家都是心知肚明的 |
[29:44] | We’re ready to listen. | 我们洗耳恭听 |
[29:46] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[29:48] | we have you on the Pepsum trade. | 我们有你参加派普森交易的证据 |
[29:51] | You know that. | 这个你知道 |
[29:52] | So why don’t you tell us about how Bobby Axelrod | 不如 你告诉我们博比·埃克斯罗德是如何 |
[29:56] | funneled you and other satellites insider information? | 向你和其他子公司透露内部消息的 |
[30:00] | You’re saying words I don’t understand. | 我听不懂你在说什么 |
[30:03] | – Never gonna happen. – What he’s saying is, | – 这事没可能 – 他说的是 |
[30:04] | at this time, he does not wish to cooperate. | 此时此刻 他不想合作 |
[30:08] | That’s because he doesn’t know what we have up our sleeve. | 那是因为他不知道我手上有什么 |
[30:11] | Sleeves. | 我们 |
[30:16] | Mr. Decker, approximately two and a half hours ago, | 戴克先生 大约两个半小时之前 |
[30:19] | we had someone sitting where you are now… | 有个人就坐在你现在坐的这个位置 |
[30:21] | a young man from a fund that I’m not at liberty to name, | 他是基金会的人 我不便透露他的姓名 |
[30:24] | and he was downright chatty. | 不过他就是一话匣子 |
[30:27] | So it looks like the race is on | 貌似竞赛现在开始了 |
[30:29] | to see who’s got the stronger information | 看谁的消息更劲爆 |
[30:31] | and who I’m gonna let take the credit | 看我会让谁当上 |
[30:33] | for flipping on Bobby Axelrod. | 抓捕博比·埃克斯罗德的功臣 |
[30:35] | And the winner gets to stay out of MCC. | 赢家可以置身于MCC之外 |
[30:38] | Yes, that’s correct. | 说得对 |
[30:41] | Cooperate and go home. | 合作就可以回家 |
[30:42] | Uh, but this comes to trial, | 但要是上了法庭 |
[30:44] | and you’re talking to your kids through glass. | 你就要隔着玻璃和你的孩子们说话了 |
[30:46] | We’ll see how that all works out. | 结果如何我们拭目以待 |
[30:48] | Yes, we will. | 拭目以待 |
[30:50] | We’re done here. | 我们到此为止 |
[30:52] | Oh, you are far from done. | 你这事还没完 |
[30:55] | Just know that. | 记住了 |
[31:09] | – Fuck. – I don’t see him caving. | – 靠 – 我没看出他屈服了 |
[31:11] | Mm, I think he will. | 我觉得他会的 |
[31:15] | You know, my fucking eyes are watering here. | 我眼睛都被熏出泪了 |
[31:18] | How many pints of that shitty toilet water | 你每天早上到底 |
[31:20] | do you splash on yourself every morning, Spyros? | 往自己身上喷了多少廉价香水 斯皮罗斯 |
[31:22] | You think maybe it’s gonna help you get some tail? | 你是不是觉得这能帮你增加信心 |
[31:25] | Here’s a tip… it’s not. | 我给你个建议 没用 |
[31:33] | It is a lot in a confined area. | 空间有限 香水味太重了 |
[31:37] | – I cut back a little. – Yeah, maybe cut way back. | – 我可以少用一点 – 你还是别用最好 |
[31:51] | – So? – It’s a good slice of pizza. | – 如何 – 这披萨味道不错 |
[31:54] | – Bruno. – What is it, Bobby? | – 布鲁诺- 什么事 博比 |
[31:57] | Tell Mr. Purkheiser why I love your sauce. | 告诉伯克海泽先生我喜欢你的酱汁的原因 |
[31:59] | Uh, I use the San Marzanos. | 我用的是圣马诺斯 |
[32:01] | – Tomatoes. – Yeah, yeah, tomatoes. | – 番茄 – 没错 没错 是番茄 |
[32:02] | You make ’em without ’em, it wouldn’t taste right. | 你要是没用番茄的话 味道就不对了 |
[32:04] | Right. More expensive? | 原来如此 要贵一点吧 |
[32:05] | Oh, yeah, yeah. | 是的 是的 |
[32:06] | But like I say, it wouldn’t taste right. | 不过就像我说的 不然味道就不对了 |
[32:08] | Wouldn’t be verace. | 就不是极品披萨了 |
[32:09] | Verace? | 极品披萨 |
[32:11] | The true way you make a pizza Napoletana. | 做出披萨中的拿破仑的真正方法 |
[32:13] | This place is the pizza of my youth. | 这个地方就是我年幼时的披萨 |
[32:16] | He’s been making it just like this since I was a kid. | 我还是小孩时 他就这样做披萨了 |
[32:18] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[32:21] | Normally, somebody wants to waltz with me, | 通常 要是有人想要和我合作 |
[32:23] | I find myself sawing a 20-ounce rib eye | 都会请我吃二十盎司的肉眼牛排 |
[32:26] | on the East Side with a $500 Cabernet. | 喝价值五百美元的解百纳 |
[32:30] | I am different from the other children. | 我和其他孩子不一样 |
[32:32] | Mm, well, that is clear now, Mr. Axelrod. | 我现在看出来了 埃克斯罗德先生 |
[32:36] | When I was 11 years old | 从11岁到14岁 |
[32:38] | till I was 14, I was a paperboy. | 这段时间 我当过报童 |
[32:41] | I delivered the Journal News every day after school. | 我每天放学都会去送新闻日报 |
[32:44] | And when I finished my route, | 当我完成工作后 |
[32:45] | I’d pick up a YumTime Scrumpet. | 就会来上一片美味时光松脆饼 |
[32:48] | It was my reward. | 那是我的奖励 |
[32:50] | I did this every weekday for three years. | 那三年每个工作日 天天如此 |
[32:53] | And a while back, I brought my two boys here. | 前不久 我带两个儿子回我小时候的地方 |
[32:56] | And I showed them my route, we stopped for a Scrumpet, | 重走我每天送报纸的路 每人吃了一个松脆饼 |
[33:00] | and they were colorless, | 但是它光芒不再 |
[33:02] | over-sweet, petrified. | 太甜了 口感麻木 |
[33:05] | Needless to say, my two boys were underwhelmed. | 不用说也知道 我儿子对它丝毫不感兴趣 |
[33:08] | So was I. | 我也是 |
[33:11] | Didn’t taste as good. | 没以前好吃了 |
[33:12] | So I did some research, | 所以我做了点调查 |
[33:14] | and I learned that the recipe had changed. | 发现配方变了 |
[33:17] | Bruno! | 布鲁诺 |
[33:19] | What’s the name of those tomatoes again? | 那些西红柿叫什么来着 |
[33:21] | Uh, the San Marzanos. | 圣马诺斯 |
[33:25] | Bruno never let me down. | 布鲁诺从未让我失望 |
[33:27] | YumTime let me down. | 美味时光让我失望了 |
[33:29] | Public company now. | 美味时光现在是上市公司了 |
[33:31] | Gotta boost profits for the shareholders. | 要想方设法为股东牟利 |
[33:33] | Synthetic ingredients are cheaper, margins are better. | 合成原料更便宜 边际收益更高 |
[33:36] | Hutch III is playing a quarterly game. | 哈奇三世玩得是季度性的游戏 |
[33:38] | It’s just a different world. | 只是世界不同了 |
[33:40] | Well, Hutch III is flying | 哈奇三世只知道坐着G6(小型豪华商务飞机) |
[33:42] | around that different world in a G6. | 满世界飞 |
[33:46] | I’m guessing Hutches I and II flew coach. | 我猜当年哈奇家族一世 二世都只坐经济舱吧 |
[33:49] | It’s classic, time immemorial… | 这就是个经典的 亘古不衰的循环 |
[33:51] | Hutch I starts it, Hutch II grows it, | 哈奇一世创建 哈奇二世发展 |
[33:53] | Hutch III blows it. | 哈奇三世败家 |
[33:54] | Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations. | 富不过三代 |
[33:57] | Come on, Purk. You have to see that. | 伯克 你一定明白 |
[34:02] | If you don’t throw in with me or someone like me, | 如果你不接受我 或者和我类似的人入股 |
[34:05] | YumTime goes the same way as Ebinger’s. | 美味时光会和埃宾格尔一个下场 |
[34:07] | What’s Ebinger’s? | 什么埃宾格尔 |
[34:10] | That’s exactly what you wanted me to ask, isn’t it? | 你就是想要我问这个 是不是 |
[34:17] | – Hi, Mark. – Ms. Raichlein. | – 嗨 马克 – 赖西德夫人 |
[34:19] | I have a 10:20 tee time, | 我十点二十有一场茶会 |
[34:21] | but we wanna hit the range first. | 不过我们想先打一会儿高尔夫 |
[34:22] | And I requested Stewart on my bag. | 我希望斯图尔特来做我的球童 |
[34:25] | Yeah, um, Mr. Kellum from the membership committee | 呃 会员资格审查委员会的凯勒姆先生 |
[34:27] | wanted to speak with you. | 想见你 |
[34:28] | Oh, okay. Um… is he in his office? | 好吧 他在办公室吗 |
[34:32] | No, he stepped out. | 不在 他出去了 |
[34:33] | Well, then, I’ll pop back in after the round. | 那么 我打完这盘再去找他 |
[34:36] | I had to give away your tee time. | 我不得不取消你的茶会 |
[34:38] | Uh, what are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[34:41] | I don’t really know. | 我也不是很清楚 |
[34:42] | Something about your account being in arrears. | 好像是关于你账户欠费的问题 |
[34:46] | That is not true. My bookkeeper… | 不可能 我的会计 |
[34:50] | There has been a mistake. | 肯定有什么误会 |
[34:51] | Well, you can’t play golf till it’s been resolved. | 问题解决前你不能来打高尔夫 |
[35:01] | Meeting to order. | 会议召开 |
[35:03] | Let the record reflect that two guests are present… | 请记录下两位新成员的到来 |
[35:06] | Mr. Robert Axelrod, shareholder, | 罗伯特·埃克斯罗德先生 股东 |
[35:08] | and Mr. Michael Wagner. Welcome, gentlemen. | 和迈克尔·瓦格纳先生 欢迎你们 绅士们 |
[35:11] | Now I think we’re all familiar with Mr. Axelrod, | 我相信大家都很熟悉埃克斯罗德先生 |
[35:14] | by reputation and through the letter that was circulated. | 因为他的声誉和那个广为流传的字母 |
[35:17] | And I feel that this might be a good time | 现在也许是个好时机 |
[35:19] | to hear directly from him. Mr. Axelrod? | 听听埃克斯罗德先生亲自阐述他的想法 |
[35:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:24] | Folks, my proposal is simple. | 朋友们 我的提议很简单 |
[35:27] | Return to the original recipes | 回到原来的配方 |
[35:28] | and restore the YumTime brand to its former glory. | 重建美味时光曾经的品牌辉煌 |
[35:30] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[35:33] | After a good quarter or two, you spin it off? | 一两个季度后 你就要分割公司 |
[35:37] | Do you see what’s happening here? | 你们看不出来他在干什么吗 |
[35:40] | This…carpetbagger, he comes in here, | 这个 投机商 他到这里来 |
[35:43] | he shakes things up, | 做一点改变 |
[35:44] | he sells the company off in pieces, | 一点点卖掉公司 |
[35:46] | and then he dumps his shares the minute it ticks up. | 等着股价上涨抛光股份 |
[35:49] | He’s a raider, plain and simple. | 他就是个侵略者 显而易见 |
[35:51] | Not my intention. | 我没这么打算 |
[35:53] | Do you have any idea of the cost | 你有想过重新使用旧的配方 |
[35:54] | of returning to the old recipes? | 要增加多少成本吗 |
[35:56] | We can’t remain competitive. | 我们就没有竞争力了 |
[35:57] | Yes, sugar instead of corn syrup, | 没错 用糖代替玉米糖浆 |
[35:59] | and the elimination of polysorbate and other crap | 去除聚山梨酯和其他的垃圾 |
[36:02] | will add to the per unit cost and cut into the margins. | 会增加单位成本 减少边际收益 |
[36:04] | And destroy profits. | 还会耗尽利润 |
[36:06] | How do we explain that to the shareholders? | 我们怎么跟股东交代 |
[36:08] | No explanation necessary. | 什么都不用交代 |
[36:11] | We make up the difference | 我们精简低效机构 |
[36:13] | by streamlining inefficiencies | 缩减庞大的行政补助和福利 |
[36:15] | and trimming bloated executive compensation and perquisites, | 来弥补配方的开支 |
[36:18] | beginning with the corporate jet. | 就从公司商务机开始 |
[36:20] | – Okay, you have a jet. – I earned a jet. | – 你自己也有飞机 – 我自己挣的飞机 |
[36:23] | I earned one, too. | 我也是自己挣的 |
[36:25] | I started at the bottom. | 我从底层做起 |
[36:28] | And the Scrumpets taste fine. | 而且松脆饼味道不错 |
[36:29] | You came on as a 22-year-old vice president | 你二十二岁直接做副总 |
[36:31] | and you raped the Scrumpet. | 你还强奸了松脆饼 |
[36:33] | I eat them. I eat Scrumpets | 我自己也吃 我也吃松脆饼 |
[36:35] | and Dingdoodles and Kookoonutties, | 香脆饼 和酥脆饼 |
[36:37] | and they are good. | 它们味道都很好 |
[36:39] | They’re not as good. | 没有以前好了 |
[36:40] | But they’re still very, very good. Delicious. | 但是依然非常好 非常可口 |
[36:43] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[36:45] | I move that effective immediately, | 以下提议一经通过立即生效 |
[36:48] | Hutchinson Bailey III be removed from his duties | 哈奇森·贝利三世不再担任 |
[36:51] | as Chief Executive Officer of the YumTime corporation. | 美味时光公司首席执行官一职 |
[36:54] | Hang on a minute here! Purk, you’re being conned! | 等等 伯克 你被骗了 |
[36:56] | Jerome, this is not what we discussed. | 杰罗姆 这跟我们商量好的不一样 |
[36:58] | Evelyn, there have been subsequent discussions. | 伊芙琳 后来我们又进行了商议 |
[37:01] | Is there a second? | 有人附议吗 |
[37:02] | Second. | 我附议 |
[37:04] | All those in favor? | 同意的请举手 |
[37:11] | Motion carries. | 提议通过 |
[37:14] | You traitor. | 叛徒 |
[37:17] | My father is turning in his grave, I assure you. | 我父亲九泉之下有之 必定不得安宁 |
[37:22] | Your father thought you were a lunkhead. | 你父亲觉得你是个蠢货 |
[37:27] | Please, find the door. | 门在那边 请 |
[37:34] | Fuck this. | 妈的 |
[37:37] | I’ll get my company back… | 我会夺回我的公司的 |
[37:40] | somehow. | 无论如何 |
[37:44] | And fuck you, Axelrod. | 滚你妈的 埃克斯罗德 |
[37:47] | Well, now you’re off my Christmas list. | 圣诞节你收不到我的礼物了 |
[37:49] | I now move… | 我提议 |
[37:51] | …to remove Evelyn Benson from this body | 撤除伊芙琳·班森在董事会的席位 |
[37:53] | and delegate her seat to Robert Axelrod. | 并将它授权给罗伯特·埃克斯罗德 |
[37:55] | – What?! – Second. | – 什么 – 附议 |
[37:59] | I’ll go to the press. | 我去找媒体 |
[38:00] | If you do, | 如果你这么做 |
[38:01] | you’ll be burned down with your own match. | 你会因自己的作为得到相应的报应 |
[38:04] | But if you don’t, | 但是如果你不去 |
[38:05] | we’ll write you a nice endorsement, | 我们会给你一张相当可观的背书支票 |
[38:07] | and maybe you’ll get another board. | 你也许能找到一家新的董事会 |
[38:09] | You old cocksucker. | 老家伙 |
[38:13] | The same might be said of you, my dear. | 你也是 亲爱的 |
[38:16] | All those in favor? | 同意的举手 |
[38:19] | Motion carries. | 提议通过 |
[38:21] | Good luck, Evelyn. | 祝你好运 伊芙琳 |
[38:36] | They offered me what I’m worth. Finally. | 他们给了我应得的 终于 |
[38:39] | That’s great. | 多好啊 |
[38:43] | I leveraged the offer from Zenobia capital. | 我用季诺碧亚资本的聘用意向书做筹码 |
[38:47] | The kinder, gentler fund. | 那个更友善 更温和的基金 |
[38:49] | What are they like? | 他们是什么样的 |
[38:50] | Good returns, less assholey. | 回报高 混蛋少 |
[38:52] | Less assholey is good. | 混蛋少是个好事 |
[38:56] | Okay. Talk to me. | 跟我讲讲 |
[38:58] | – You have time? – Yeah, come on. | – 你有时间 – 来吧 |
[39:00] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:08] | So the more I thought about going over to Zenobia, | 我越想着去季诺碧亚的事 |
[39:11] | the more excited I became by the prospect. | 越觉得前途光明 |
[39:13] | I mean, I’d have to build up a book again, but… | 我是说 又可以做竞价投标了 但是 |
[39:17] | But there’s a growth opportunity. | 但是有升职机会 |
[39:18] | And a ticket out of the boys’ club. | 和离开这个男人俱乐部的机会 |
[39:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:22] | But then, uh… | 但是 |
[39:23] | Wags… he really stepped up. | 瓦格斯 他出现了 |
[39:27] | He was respectful, | 他殷勤有礼 |
[39:30] | endearing… almost. | 甚至是 讨人喜欢 |
[39:34] | Yeah, it’s kinda weird, | 我知道有点奇怪 |
[39:36] | but it gave rise to a sense of loyalty. | 但我感觉到了忠诚 |
[39:40] | Go figure, right? | 猜猜看 是不是 |
[39:42] | He’s an enigma. | 他是个谜团 |
[39:45] | So now I’m in a dilemma again. | 所以我又陷入困境了 |
[39:50] | Yep. The horns. | 没错 两难 |
[39:55] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[40:01] | Picture yourself… | 想象你自己 |
[40:04] | at 80 years old. | 八十岁的样子 |
[40:07] | You’re at your Sag Harbor place, | 在萨格港的家里 |
[40:09] | on the front porch in a rocking chair. | 坐在门廊的摇椅里 |
[40:14] | See the view. | 看风景 |
[40:17] | Hear the sound of the water, the seagulls. | 听水声沙沙 海鸥啼鸣 |
[40:23] | Feel the summer breeze. | 感受夏日的微风 |
[40:27] | And feel the arm of the chair | 感受慢慢摇晃的 |
[40:29] | as you slowly rock. | 摇椅臂 |
[40:33] | Now reflect on your life | 现在回想你 |
[40:34] | having decided to stay here at Axe Capital. | 决定留在埃克斯资本后的生活 |
[40:38] | Your relationships here, | 你在这里的人际关系 |
[40:42] | your chances… to advance, | 你成就大业 充实自己的 |
[40:46] | to be fulfilled. | 机会 |
[40:51] | What are your days like? | 你的日子是什么样的 |
[40:59] | Now… | 现在 |
[41:01] | picture yourself having spent that time with Zenobia. | 想象你选择了季诺碧亚 |
[41:07] | Who are you with? | 和你在一起的是谁 |
[41:10] | What are your days like? | 日子是什么样子 |
[41:13] | Were you able to rise? | 你能够晋升吗 |
[41:21] | Did you become a better version of yourself? | 你有变得更好吗 |
[41:32] | Take your time. | 慢慢考虑 |
[41:35] | I’m sorry. I’m… | 对不起 我 |
[41:38] | I’m having trouble breathing here. | 我没法呼吸了 |
[41:40] | I-I-I don’t understand. My solar plexus is collapsing. | 我不明白 我心口疼 |
[41:44] | What do you mean there is no place for him? | 什么叫没有他的位置了 |
[41:47] | His father, who died tragically, went to Stanford. | 他在那次惨剧中丧生的父亲 上的是斯坦福 |
[41:50] | And so did his grandfather | 他的祖父上的也是斯坦福 |
[41:52] | who has his name on a squash court | 斯坦福的壁球馆上还印着他祖父的名字呢 |
[41:54] | He plays the goddamn violin. | 他还会拉小提琴 |
[41:57] | This is a double legacy with perfect SATs | 他可是个有着完美SAT分数的两代校友的后代 |
[41:59] | who goes into Bridgeport | 而且还去过布里奇波特 |
[42:01] | to read to poor, dumb children! | 为穷孩子笨孩子们朗读 |
[42:03] | I mean, what the fuck happened?! | 我想说 到底他妈的发生了什么 |
[42:05] | June, you know how sorry we are about this. | 琼 你知道我们也非常遗憾 |
[42:08] | This is just a very competitive class. | 只是这次的竞争太激烈了 |
[42:10] | What about a gap year? Or what is his safety school? | 考虑一下空档年 或者 他的保底学校是什么 |
[42:13] | His safety school is fuck you! | 他的保底学校是去你妈的 |
[42:22] | I hate that cunt! | 我恨那个婊子 |
[42:23] | I hate that cunt! I hate that cunt! | 我恨那个婊子 我恨那个婊子 |
[42:26] | I hate that cunt! | 我恨那个婊子 |
[42:28] | I hate that cunt! | 我恨那个婊子 |
[42:29] | Dad? | 爸 |
[42:32] | In my office. | 我在办公室里 |
[42:34] | Hi. Where’s Mom? | 嗨 老妈在哪 |
[42:36] | Hair appointment. | 去做头发了 |
[42:38] | I’m taking her out tonight to Grenouille for our anniversary. | 今晚我要带她去青蛙餐厅庆祝我们的结婚纪念日 |
[42:40] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[42:41] | But she set us up with some gazpacho. | 但她为此准备了西班牙凉菜 |
[42:45] | She made some guacamole as well. | 还做了些鳄梨酱 |
[42:48] | Avocado’s a superfood. | 鳄梨可是绝妙的食物 |
[42:50] | Hmm? | 不是吗 |
[42:55] | YumTime and Bobby fucking Axelrod. | 美味时光 和该死的博比·埃克斯罗德 |
[42:57] | This is aimed at you. | 这可是冲你来的 |
[42:59] | How is that? | 怎么说 |
[43:00] | He’s sending you a message, | 他是在给你个下马威 |
[43:02] | showing you his reach. | 让你知道他可不是好惹的 |
[43:04] | That he knows my father has a mistress? | 通过告诉我他知道我父亲在外面有个情人 |
[43:08] | Don’t use that word here, and yes. | 别在家里用那个词 另外 你说对了 |
[43:11] | If he can take away her board seat just to fuck with me… | 如果他能为了对付我而除去她的董事会席位 |
[43:13] | Then he can get to me a million other ways, Dad. | 那他也可以用其他无数种办法来对付我 |
[43:17] | I’ve dealt with the Russians. | 我可是和俄罗斯人打过交道 |
[43:19] | – I think I can handle this. – Can you? | – 我想我能对付得了他 – 能吗 |
[43:21] | What the fuck do you want me to do about it? | 那你到底想让我怎么做 |
[43:24] | He made a legal business play, | 这是一次合法的商业行为 |
[43:26] | and, uh, that’s costing you some headaches, | 并且 呃 给你造成了一些麻烦 |
[43:28] | which is too fucking bad. | 这的确很糟糕 |
[43:29] | It’s gonna cost me $200,000 in upkeep | 这次我损失了二十万 |
[43:31] | is what it’s gonna cost me, but you have to ask yourself… | 这就是我的损失 但你必须问问你自己 |
[43:35] | What is he gonna attack next? | 他下一步会攻击哪儿呢 |
[43:40] | Now find a way… | 现在我们要找个办法 |
[43:42] | …to bury the son of a bitch. | 把这小子扳倒 |
[43:44] | I am, | 我正在进行 |
[43:45] | but on my timetable, | 但是必须按我的时间表来 |
[43:47] | not yours. | 而不是按你的 |
[43:48] | Your timetable will have me watching | 按你的时间表来的话 |
[43:51] | your gubernatorial campaign from my fucking mausoleum. | 等你竞选州长的时候我都进坟墓了 |
[43:54] | I have to do this job right first | 我得先把眼前的工作做好了 |
[43:57] | before I even have a chance at the next one. | 这样我才有更进一步的可能 |
[44:00] | Ah, agreement. | 啊 我们终于达成一致了 |
[44:01] | We both wish you’d do your fucking job now. | 我们都希望你能把手头的工作做好 |
[44:04] | Guac is starting to turn. | 鳄梨酱开始变味了 |
[44:06] | Uh… | 呃… |
[44:09] | Tell your mail carrier that, uh, | 告诉你的邮差 呃 |
[44:11] | I’m terribly sorry about her board seat. | 我很抱歉她丢了董事席位 |
[44:14] | And tell Mom, your wife, | 还有 告诉老妈 你老婆 |
[44:17] | that I said happy anniversary. | 我祝她结婚纪念日快乐 |
[44:27] | You’ve got me,girl, on the run around | # 姑娘 为了你 我到处奔波 # |
[44:30] | Run around | # 到处奔波 # |
[44:31] | You’ve got me all around town | # 为了你 我在城里到处奔波 # |
[44:34] | You’ve got me, girl, on the run around | # 姑娘 为了你 我到处奔波 # |
[44:37] | And it’s getting me down | # 这让我越来越沮丧 # |
[44:39] | Getting me down | # 让我越来越沮丧 # |
[44:43] | Lady… | # 女士 # |
[44:45] | There she goes. | 她就这么走了 |
[44:47] | Yep. | 是的 |
[44:48] | Then you look no further | # 你无需多想 # |
[44:51] | I really am gonna miss her energy. | 我会怀念她的活力的 |
[44:52] | For I’m gonna be your only | # 因为我将是你的唯一 # |
[45:11] | Off to the Yankees game? | 这是要去看洋基队的比赛 |
[45:12] | Don Pasquale. | 去听唐·帕斯夸莱的音乐会 |
[45:14] | Ah. Ambrogio Maestri. | 噢 安布罗吉奥·马埃斯特里 |
[45:17] | I heard his Falstaff. | 听过他的福斯塔夫 演绎非常传神 |
[45:19] | You’re in for a real treat. | 你算是选对了 |
[45:20] | So Decker’s parents… | 德克的父母 |
[45:22] | a retired eighth grade teacher and a sales clerk… | 一个退休的小学老师 一个售货员 |
[45:25] | their net worth is eight figures. | 他们的资产却达到了八位数 |
[45:27] | But all of their statements go to their son’s address. | 但他们所有的财务报表都寄到他们儿子那儿去 |
[45:32] | Decker personally trades their accounts. | 德克亲手为他们的账户交易 |
[45:35] | Which kind of puts them in his leaky boat. | 这算是把他们也拖下水了 |
[45:39] | What are they like? | 他父母是怎样的人 |
[45:40] | Total straight and narrow, | 属于老实本分 没见过世面 |
[45:41] | church-going conservatives. | 定期上教堂的保守类型 |
[45:44] | Well, that’s a tidy leverage opportunity. | 嗯 这是个不错的机会 |
[45:49] | I wonder if the parents even know about it. | 我在想他父母或许根本就不知道这回事 |
[45:52] | They could be totally innocent here. | 他们很可能是无辜的 |
[45:54] | Do we really wanna do ’em like this? | 我们真的要这么对他们吗 |
[45:58] | We apply pressure where and when we can. | 如何施压是我们的自由 |
[46:03] | Now he made them vulnerable, not us. | 并且让他父母陷入这种境地的是他 而不是我们 |
[46:05] | We’re just hitting the hole in the line. | 我们只是在做份内的事 |
[46:08] | Right. | 没错 |
[46:10] | How’d you come up with that? | 你是怎么想到这个的 |
[46:12] | Just thought about what I would do | 只是换位思考了一下 |
[46:13] | if I were a trader in his position, | 设想了一下如果我是他的话会怎么做 |
[46:15] | how I would hide some of the money. | 我会如何隐藏一部分钱 |
[46:16] | The Swiss banks are watched too closely now. | 瑞士的银行被看得太严了 |
[46:18] | He doesn’t trust his wife, | 他又不信任他老婆 |
[46:19] | and, uh, his parents aren’t sophisticated investors. | 而且 他父母对投资并不怎么了解 |
[46:24] | Good hunch. | 直觉不错 |
[46:25] | Yeah, what are you working on right now? | 嗯 你目前在做什么案子 |
[46:27] | Internet fraud case. | 网络诈骗案 |
[46:28] | Ah. I bet that’s fucking boring. | 哦 我打赌那一定很无聊 |
[46:31] | No, it’s… I mean, it’s not, um… | 不 它…我想说 它不无聊 呃… |
[46:34] | Yeah, actually, it is. It’s fucking boring. | 好吧 我承认 它的确很无聊 |
[46:35] | Why don’t you skip Don Pasquale | 别去听什么唐·帕斯夸莱了 |
[46:38] | and join us on this opera buffa? What do you say? | 和我们一起大干一场吧 你说呢 |
[46:41] | Fuck, yes. | 太好了 我加入 |
[46:47] | Hi, June. Come on in. | 嗨 琼 请进 |
[46:49] | No, um, I can’t stay, | 不用了 我不能待太久 |
[46:51] | but thanks for making some time. | 不过还是谢谢你抽空见我 |
[46:53] | I realized that I skipped a step. | 我意识到我之前漏掉了一些步骤 |
[46:56] | I didn’t show you the manuscript. | 我没有给你看手稿 |
[46:59] | This is a revised version. | 这是修改后的版本 |
[47:02] | I, um, I cut a chapter, | 我 呃 我删了一个章节 |
[47:05] | and I made some minor edits here and there. | 并做了一些必要的编辑 |
[47:09] | And I would be curious to hear your opinion. | 很期待听到你的意见 |
[47:13] | Great. Can’t wait to read it. | 好的 简直迫不及待想读了 |
[47:16] | Great. Thanks. | 好的 谢了 |
[47:22] | And, um, if you would | 呃 如果你 |
[47:24] | like me to sign a nondisclosure | 想让我签个保密协议 |
[47:28] | about the stuff that I cut… | 关于我删减的内容 |
[47:30] | Would you? | 你愿意吗 |
[47:34] | That would be lovely. Thank you. | 那就太好了 多谢啦 |
[47:39] | Oh, and, June, I spoke to Carl Belanger at Stanford… | 噢 琼 我在斯坦福和卡尔·贝朗格谈过了 |
[47:42] | The president. | 和校长谈了 |
[47:44] | Yeah, and, um, there seems to be a mix-up. | 是的 呃 他们那儿似乎出了一个小错误 |
[47:46] | A mix-up? | 一个错误 |
[47:47] | Yeah, the weighting they gave certain categories | 是的 一些类别的录取名额出现了输入的错误 |
[47:49] | of your son’s application, they were inputted incorrectly. | 包括你儿子的申请类别 |
[47:52] | And I believe corrections are being made. | 我相信他们已经纠正过来了 |
[47:56] | I have a very good feeling that he’ll get accepted. | 我有预感他一定会被录取的 |
[47:59] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你啦 |
[48:02] | I don’t know how to thank you. | 真不知道该怎么感谢你 |
[48:29] | Are you ready to serve? | 准备好为我服务了吗 |
[48:34] | What is going on? | 怎么了 |
[48:36] | You are not here with me. | 你心思根本不在这里 |
[48:43] | I’m sorry. I just can’t concentrate. | 对不起 我无法专注 |
[48:45] | Really? This makes cattle concentrate. | 真的吗 就算是头牛 这时也能专注了吧 |
[48:48] | The whole point is this keeps you in the present. | 这一切都是为了让你不分心 |
[48:50] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[48:52] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[48:55] | Oh, there’s, um… | 呃 发生了点事 |
[48:58] | Oh, God. I can’t believe I’m even talking about this. | 噢 天呐 真不敢相信我竟然会谈到这个 |
[49:01] | What? | 什么 |
[49:07] | Axe is… | 埃克斯正在 |
[49:10] | Jesus. Forget it. | 上帝啊 算了吧 |
[49:13] | No. | 不 |
[49:18] | He’s fucking with my father, | 他在对我老爸下手 |
[49:22] | and that’s in my head, Wend, | 我在想的就是这事 温迪 |
[49:26] | which has to be what Axe wants. | 我想这算是正中了埃克斯的下怀了 |
[49:30] | He’s a target because of me, you know? | 他们是因为我才对付我爸的 你知道吗 |
[49:33] | Your father can handle himself. | 你爸能处理好自己的事 |
[49:51] | I’m gonna leave you to stew in it. | 我留你在这好好反省 |
[49:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[49:56] | And when I get back, | 当我回来的时候 |
[49:58] | you better be focused and obedient. | 你最好专注且听话 |
[50:02] | Have… | 我 |
[50:03] | I…made… myself… clear? | 说…清…楚…了…吗 |
[50:06] | Yes. Yeah. Very clear. | 是的 是的 非常清楚 |
[50:13] | Stay here. | 待在这 |
[50:14] | And wait for your mistress to return. | 等你的情人归来 |
[50:27] | Boys asleep? | 孩子们睡了吗 |
[50:28] | Just about. Read a couple of chapters. | 差不多了 给他们读了几章 |
[50:30] | – We’re at a good part. – Fun. | – 读到了有趣的部分 – 不错 |
[50:33] | That Dolores Umbridge sure is a bitch. | 那个多洛雷斯·乌姆里奇可真是个婊子 |
[50:36] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 是的 |
[50:40] | I have something for you. | 有个东西给你 |
[50:42] | She wrote a book? | 她写了本书 |
[50:44] | – Yes, she did. – Am I in it? | – 没错 她写了本书 – 有我吗 |
[50:47] | You were. Details about a certain time | 曾经有 写了世纪之交的时候 |
[50:50] | at the beginning of the century that very few people know about. | 鲜为人知的某件事的细节 |
[50:53] | – And? – She made some cuts. | – 然后呢 – 她做了些删减 |
[50:55] | At your suggestion? | 在你的建议下 |
[50:56] | She was resistant at first, | 她一开始是不愿意的 |
[50:58] | but she came around to my way of thinking. | 最后她还是被我说服了 |
[51:03] | You deserve a Nobel Prize, you know that? | 诺贝尔奖该颁给你 你知道吗 |
[51:07] | No prize necessary. | 不必了 |
[51:14] | Your love came down on me, | # 你的爱像倾盆大雨 # |
[51:16] | Pitter patter, fall on me, | # 滴答滴答 落在我身上 # |
[51:17] | Right out of nowhere, | # 不知所起 # |
[51:19] | And, oh, so suddenly, | # 不知何时 # |
[51:25] | I’m so happy for you. | 恭喜你了 |
[51:26] | It feels right. | 感觉对了 |
[51:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:30] | So what’s the minimum investment for family and friends? | 投资 有没有什么友情折扣 |
[51:33] | Uh, $250,000, | 最低投资额是二十五万美金 |
[51:35] | but I promised I wouldn’t take any money away from Axe. | 但我保证了不会赚埃克斯的钱 |
[51:39] | What if he never finds out? | 万一他发现不了呢 |
[51:41] | Patient/doctor in reverse? | 医生病人互换角色吗 |
[51:43] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[51:46] | Count me in for 250. | 算我二十五万 |
[51:48] | Done. | 好 |
[51:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[51:53] | Right out of nowhere, like a shooting star above | # 不知所起 像流星划过 # |
[51:57] | I was so thrilled, | # 我欣喜若狂 # |
[51:59] | With the new love that I found, | # 这份新生的爱 # |
[52:00] | Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, | # 喔 喔 喔 喔 # |
[52:02] | And you plan to see, | # 由你带来 # |
[52:03] | That too many are tearing me down, | # 你的爱让我无从招架 # |
[52:06] | Your love was strange, oh, baby, baby, baby, | # 这奇妙的爱 哦 宝贝 宝贝 # |
[52:11] | Your love was strange, strange, | # 这奇妙的爱 # |
[52:13] | Doo, Doo, Doo, I said…, | # 嘟 嘟 嘟 我说 # |
[52:16] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[52:17] | Sorry, honey. I just… | 对不起 亲爱的 我… |
[52:19] | Oh, don’t worry about it. | 没事了 |
[52:22] | Want me to undo you? | 要我帮你脱下来吗 |
[52:25] | Yeah, thanks. | 要 谢谢 |
[52:27] | The next time you turn your back on me, | # 下一次你背叛我 # |
[52:29] | There’s someone in my place, | # 我的位置已有人取代 # |
[52:31] | Then you take your love away from me, | # 你就这样把爱收回 # |
[52:33] | Your love was strange, oh, baby…, | # 你的爱太巧妙 喔 宝贝 # |
[52:35] | So you wanna just watch TV and eat ice cream? | 你想边看电视边吃冰淇淋吗 |
[52:37] | Yeah, perfect. | 好 完美 |
[52:40] | There’s butter pecan. | 有奶油核桃味的 |
[52:42] | I’m gonna go down in a minute and get it soft. | 我过一分钟以后下去拿 软了再吃 |
[52:49] | Play ball! Come on! | 用力击 快 |
[52:54] | Ball! | 投球 |
[52:55] | Yeah, good eye, Teddy! You’re the man, baby! | 好 泰迪 好眼力 宝贝你最棒了 |
[52:57] | You see it, you stroke it, you’re the man. | 你看到了 你打出去了 你太棒了 |
[52:59] | Hey, Coach. | 教练 好 |
[53:01] | Beautiful day for a ball game. | 今天天气真适合打球 |
[53:04] | – Really? – Really. | – 是么 – 是的 |
[53:08] | Is there something you want? | 你想干什么 |
[53:10] | ‘Cause your lame shit won’t work here | 你那一套在你办公室行不通 |
[53:12] | any better than it did in your office. | 在这里也不行 |
[53:13] | Aren’t there rules about you approaching me | 我律师不在的情况下 |
[53:15] | – without my lawyer present? – It’s okay, Pete. | – 你不能靠近我吧 – 没事的 皮特 |
[53:17] | I’m not here for you. Take it easy. | 我不是为你来的 放轻松 |
[53:19] | Ball two! | 第二球 |
[53:24] | It was nice that Karen and Bill | 凯伦和比尔 |
[53:26] | come out to see their grandson play. | 还出来看孙子打球真好 |
[53:29] | It’ll be a little awkward when we handcuff them | 等下我们把他们拷走的时候 |
[53:32] | – and haul them off. – Strike! | – 可能有点尴尬 – 一振 |
[53:39] | Come on, Ted! | 加油 泰德 |
[53:41] | Strike two! | 二振 |
[53:43] | I don’t know. That looked a little low to me. | 看着有点低啊 |
[53:45] | Anyway, we got a subpoena on your folks’ investment portfolio | 我们传唤了你父母的投资清单 |
[53:48] | and it seems that they were in | 跟其他人一样 |
[53:49] | on the Pepsum trade, among others. | 他们也参与了派普森的交易 |
[53:52] | And I know and you know that was not a legal trade. | 我知道你也知道这次交易不合法 |
[53:57] | And they’ll say that they didn’t know, | 他们会说他们不知情 |
[53:58] | that they’re innocent. | 他们是无辜的 |
[53:59] | But hey, that’s what they all say. | 但是 所有罪犯都是这么说的 |
[54:03] | – This is not right. – Yeah. | – 这样做是错的 – 没错 |
[54:05] | Right and wrong. That’s a funny line, isn’t it? | 对和错 就在一线之间 是吧 |
[54:07] | Ball! | 投球 |
[54:11] | But you know what kind of wrong? | 你知道这事错在哪里吗 |
[54:13] | This being Saturday, we bring them in, | 今天是周六 我们把他们带走 |
[54:15] | the courts aren’t open, | 法官休息 |
[54:16] | so it’s gonna be a sleepover situation. | 他们就得在看守所过夜了 |
[54:18] | They don’t deserve that. | 他们是不该受这种罪 |
[54:21] | But that’s what they’re gonna fucking get. | 但他们还他妈就得受着 |
[54:28] | – Yeah, I’ll come in on Monday. – Yes, you will. | – 好吧 我周一去你办公室 – 嗯哼 你来 |
[54:31] | Way to go, Teddy! Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go! Let’s go! | 干得好 泰德 加油 加油 加油 |
[54:34] | Take third! Take third, John! | 上三垒 上三垒 约翰 |
[54:36] | Okay, hold up, hold up, hold up, hold up, hold up. | 好 别急 别急 别急 |
[54:40] | Good thing you held your player. | 还好你在帮你队员看着 |
[54:42] | They had him dead to rights. | 他赶不及了 |
[54:56] | You rock, Teddy! You run on anything! | 泰迪 你太棒了 |
[54:58] | War, huh, | # 战争 # |
[55:00] | Yeah, | # 对 # |
[55:01] | What is it good for? | # 战争有什么好处 # |
[55:03] | Absolutely nothing, | # 一点都没有 # |
[55:07] | War, huh, | # 战争 # |
[55:09] | Yeah, | # 没错 # |
[55:10] | What is it good for? | # 战争有什么好处 # |
[55:12] | Absolutely nothing, | # 一点都没有 # |
[55:14] | Say it again, y’all, | # 再说一遍 # |
[55:15] | War, huh, | # 战争 # |
[55:17] | Good God, | # 我的老天 # |
[55:19] | What is it good for? | # 战争有什么好处 # |
[55:21] | Absolutely nothing, | # 一点都没有 # |
[55:22] | Listen to me, oh, war, | # 听我说 战争啊 # |
[55:25] | I despise, | # 我鄙视它 # |
[55:28] | Cause it means destruction of innocent lives, | # 无辜生命因战争消亡 # |
[55:33] | War means tears to thousands of mother’s eyes, | # 哭干慈母的泪水 # |
[55:37] | When their sons go off to fight and lose their lives, | # 为她们命丧战场的儿子 # |
[55:41] | I said war, huh, | # 我说战争啊 # |
[55:44] | Good God, y’all, | # 我的老天 # |
[55:45] | What is… | # 什么是… # |