时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Sheldon, do you want to put the tables after each section | 谢尔顿 你想把附录放在每节后 |
[00:05] | or in an appendix at the end? | 还是放在结尾的总附录 |
[00:08] | You know what? We wrote this paper together. | 这样吧 论文是我们一起写的 |
[00:10] | I think we should decide together | 我们应该一起决定 |
[00:11] | that they go in an appendix at the end. | 放在结尾的总附录里 |
[00:15] | How about that? There is an “I” in “team.” | 没想到吧 “团队”里真的有”我”这个字 |
[00:22] | – Look at what we made. – I know. | -看看我们的成果 -我知道 |
[00:24] | It really is the best of both of us. | 它集合了我们的精华 |
[00:26] | It’s got my math and your sassy takedown | 既有我的数学能力 |
[00:29] | of the fundamental nature of symmetry. | 又有你对对称性本质的华丽拆解 |
[00:31] | It’s got my bottomless intellectual curiosity | 有我深不可测的求知欲 |
[00:34] | and your petulant refusal | 亦有你任性的坚持 |
[00:35] | to spell “Gray” with an “a” like an American. | 拒绝像美国大众一样将灰拼写为”gray” |
[00:40] | You realize we still have a lot of work to do | 你知道我们还要做很多工作 |
[00:42] | before we can publish. | 才能发表吧 |
[00:44] | Perhaps we should divide and conquer. | 也许我们应该各个击破 |
[00:45] | Now, you track down all the citations | 你查询检查所有的引文 |
[00:48] | and properly note them in our bibliography, | 在参考文献中正确地列出他们 |
[00:50] | and I will roll up my sleeves | 我会卷起袖子 |
[00:52] | and decide what font we want to use. | 决定我们使用哪种字体 |
[00:55] | Sheldon, there are hundreds of citations to track down. | 谢尔顿 有数百条引文要查询 |
[00:58] | And thousands of fonts, but you don’t hear me complaining. | 字体有上千种 但我可没抱怨 |
[01:03] | I am not gonna spend weeks | 我才不要在图书馆 |
[01:04] | in a library looking up old papers. | 花上数周时间检查旧资料 |
[01:07] | Can’t we hire a grad student to do it? | 不能雇一个研究生做吗 |
[01:08] | Yeah, a grad student? | 研究生 |
[01:10] | I am not trusting our unpublished paper | 我才不放心把我们未发表的论文 |
[01:12] | to some millennial. | 交给什么千禧一代 |
[01:13] | They’ll put unicorn emojis on it | 他们会加上独角兽的表情符号 |
[01:14] | and then post it on social media. | 发到社交媒体上 |
[01:17] | Why would they do that? | 他们为什么那样做 |
[01:18] | Economic anxiety, too much avocado toast, who cares? | 经济焦虑 吃太多牛油果吐司 谁在乎 |
[01:22] | Look, the point is, we can’t afford to have this paper leaked | 重点是 我们不能冒险在发表前 |
[01:26] | before we’re ready to publish. | 泄露论文 |
[01:27] | That’s how you kiss the Nobel Prize good-bye | 那样你可就跟诺贝尔奖吻别了 |
[01:29] | instead of hello as I intend to do. | 而我预想的是与它见面并狂吻一番 |
[01:31] | I assume you mean metaphorically. | 你应该是比喻吧 |
[01:32] | Absolutely not. If the King of Sweden hands me a medal, | 当然不是 如果瑞典国王给我发奖章 |
[01:35] | I intend to smear it with Purell and then kiss it. | 我打算抹上免洗洗手液后好好亲亲 |
[01:38] | But what if we ask one of our friends to help us out? | 如果我们请一位朋友帮忙呢 |
[01:40] | How about Leonard? | 莱纳德怎么样 |
[01:41] | Gee, I don’t know. Can we trust him? | 我不知道 能相信他吗 |
[01:46] | He’s your best friend in the whole world. | 他是你在这世上最好的朋友 |
[01:48] | Yes, but he’s always struck me | 但他总是给我一种感觉 |
[01:50] | as the guy in the plane crash | 就是飞机失事后 |
[01:51] | who doesn’t wait until you’re all the way dead to eat you. | 他不会等你全部死透 就把你给吃了 |
[01:55] | I think you can trust him. | 我想你可以相信他 |
[01:58] | Oh, Amy, you never lose that childlike innocence. | 艾米 你永远不要失去你的烂漫童心 |
[02:04] | Leonard, I need to tell you something. | 莱纳德 我有事要跟你说 |
[02:06] | I’m having an affair. | 我出轨了 |
[02:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:14] | You have to swear not to tell anybody. | 你必须发誓不告诉任何人 |
[02:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:19] | You are the only one who knows. | 只有你知道 |
[02:21] | Uh, well, you and Rita, the cafeteria lady | 除了你当然还有食堂阿姨丽塔知道 |
[02:23] | who has been giving me more than Tater Tots. | 她给我的可不止炸薯块那么简单 |
[02:28] | Hey, Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[02:29] | Not a word. | 一个字也不准说 |
[02:36] | What did he want? | 他想干嘛 |
[02:37] | Oh, nothing. He just concocted some stupid test | 没什么 他只是捏造了愚蠢的测试 |
[02:40] | to see if I can keep a secret. | 看我能否保守秘密 |
[02:41] | Ooh, what’s the secret? | 什么秘密 |
[02:46] | I’m not gonna tell you that. | 我才不会告诉你 |
[02:47] | The test is stupid, but I still want to pass. | 虽说测试愚蠢 但我也想通过 |
[03:19] | Congratulations, Leonard, you passed my secret loyalty test. | 恭喜你 莱纳德 你通过了我的秘密忠心测试 |
[03:22] | The truth is, I was never having an affair | 事实是 我从没和食堂阿姨 |
[03:24] | with the cafeteria lady. | 发生婚外情 |
[03:26] | There’s only one woman who gets to touch my no-no parts, | 只有一个女人可以触碰我”不可以碰”之处 |
[03:28] | and she’s right here. | 就是她 |
[03:31] | – Sheldon. – No, no. | -谢尔顿 -不可以 |
[03:35] | Well, I am shocked, Sheldon, | 我太惊讶了 谢尔顿 |
[03:36] | because I totally believed that the woman you reported | 因为我完全”相信”你举报过 |
[03:39] | for being stingy with the peas couldn’t keep her hands off you. | 给豆子太小气的女人 会对你上下其手 |
[03:44] | Well, I am a little hurt that you weren’t gonna tell me | 我有点受伤 你没有告诉我 |
[03:46] | my husband was having an affair. I thought we were friends. | 我丈夫出轨了 我还以为我们是朋友 |
[03:48] | I didn’t really believe him. | 我并没有真正相信他 |
[03:49] | Why not? You don’t think other women find him attractive? | 为什么 你不认为会有其他女人觉得他有吸引力 |
[03:51] | No. | 不会有的 |
[03:56] | I suppose you’re wondering why I put you through all this. | 我想你会好奇我为什么让你经历这些 |
[03:59] | You mean the last two minutes or the last 20 years? | 你是说刚才两分钟还是过去二十年 |
[04:03] | We need to ask you a big favor. | 我们想请你帮个大忙 |
[04:05] | Well, you’ve certainly gone about it the right way. | 你们请人帮忙的方式太正确了 |
[04:08] | You know we’re almost finished with our paper; | 你知道我们快写完论文了 |
[04:09] | we just need help tracking down the citations. | 只是需要帮忙检查引文 |
[04:13] | That’s busywork. Can’t you just get a grad student to do it? | 这是穷忙的工作 你不能请个研究生做吗 |
[04:16] | No, this paper is incredibly important to us, | 不行 这份论文对我们来说太重要了 |
[04:19] | and we need someone we can trust. | 我们需要一位我们能信任的人 |
[04:20] | Please, it would mean a lot. | 求你了 对我们来说意义重大 |
[04:22] | Y-You know what? Sure. | 知道吗 好吧 |
[04:24] | The three of us in the library looking up old papers– | 我们三个在图书馆查找旧资料 |
[04:26] | that actually could be kind of fun. | 应该挺有趣 |
[04:28] | Oh, no, we won’t be there. | 不 我们不会去 |
[04:29] | It just got more fun. | 更有趣了 |
[04:36] | Bam, took him out. | 干掉他了 |
[04:38] | Now I’m doing a victory dance to celebrate. | 现在我在跳胜利的庆祝之舞 |
[04:46] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[04:47] | About to shoot some dancing jackass. | 准备射击某个跳舞的傻逼 |
[04:52] | Hey! | 喂 |
[04:55] | And now I’m doing a victory dance. | 现在我在跳胜利之舞 |
[04:58] | What you playing? | 你们在玩什么 |
[04:59] | Fortnite. | 堡垒之夜 |
[05:00] | A bunch of people parachute onto an island | 一帮人空投在某个岛上 |
[05:02] | and fight it out to be the last man standing. | 奋力厮杀想成为最后活下来的人 |
[05:04] | Like Hunger Games? | 像《饥饿游戏》那样的吗 |
[05:05] | More like Bachelor in Paradise, | 更像是相亲节目《单身天堂》 |
[05:06] | but not as cutthroat. | 但竞争没那么残酷 |
[05:09] | Sounds fun. Can I play? | 听起来很好玩 我可以玩吗 |
[05:11] | I don’t know if you’d like it. It’s kind of for gamers. | 我不知道你是否会喜欢 这是硬核玩家的游戏 |
[05:13] | Hey, I’m a gamer. I play Candy Crush, Bejeweled, | 我也是硬核玩家 我玩《糖果大爆险》《宝石迷阵》 |
[05:16] | and Sesame Street Letter School, | 《芝麻街信学校》 |
[05:17] | which I beat our daughter at every single time. | 每次我都能赢我们女儿 |
[05:21] | All right, give it a shot. | 好吧 试试 |
[05:22] | This one’s how you move, this is how you shoot. | 这是移动 这是射击 |
[05:24] | “A” Jumps, “B” Puts you into build mode. | A是跳跃 B是建造模式 |
[05:26] | And depending on what you want to build, | 根据建造的东西不同 |
[05:28] | you can use LB, RB, LT, or RT. | 你可以使用LB RB LT RT |
[05:31] | Just put me in, I’ll figure it out. | 让我进去 我能自己试出来 |
[05:32] | Oh, sounds like me on our honeymoon. | 我在蜜月时就是这样说的 |
[05:36] | Okay, you’re skydiving down. | 好的 你准备跳伞降落 |
[05:39] | You’re almost to the ground. | 快到地面了 |
[05:41] | Now, when you land, you’re gonna want… | 你降落时最好… |
[05:43] | Okay, you’re dead. | 你死了 |
[05:46] | Wait, that’s it? That wasn’t fun at all. | 慢着 这就结束了吗 一点也不好玩 |
[05:48] | Oh, now it sounds like you on our honeymoon. | 我们在蜜月时你也这么说的 |
[05:54] | Thanks for helping with this. | 多谢你帮忙 |
[05:56] | What are friends for? | 朋友不就是做这些的吗 |
[05:58] | My friend sent me down to this basement to do his grunt work, | 我的朋友派我来这个地下室替他做枯燥的工作 |
[06:01] | so I wouldn’t know. | 所以我不知道 |
[06:04] | Hey, probably shouldn’t say anything, | 可能不应该说 |
[06:06] | but did you hear about Sheldon and the lunch lady? | 但你听说了谢尔顿和食堂阿姨的事吗 |
[06:10] | Yeah, uh, that’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[06:12] | That’s just something Sheldon made up to test us. | 那是谢尔顿编造考验我们的 |
[06:15] | I wish I’d known that before I called her a floozy | 我要是能早点知道 就不会在午餐长队前 |
[06:18] | in front of the whole lunch line. | 说她是荡妇啦 |
[06:22] | This is a list of the papers we need to pull. | 这就是我们要找的论文名单 |
[06:24] | Why don’t we split up? You take half, I take half. | 我们分头找吧 你负责一半 我负责一半 |
[06:26] | I don’t know, it’s pretty creepy down here. | 可是这下面有点可怕 |
[06:28] | Maybe we should stay together. | 我们还是待在一起吧 |
[06:30] | Come on, Raj, it’s just a library. | 拜托 拉杰 不过是个图书馆而已 |
[06:31] | You could say that about anything. | 很多场景都可以用这句话 |
[06:33] | It’s just a cemetery. It’s just a haunted house. | 不过是个坟场而已 不过是个鬼屋而已 |
[06:35] | It’s just a portal to hell. | 不过是地狱入口而已 |
[06:38] | F-Fine, how about we split up | 好吧 那我们分开找 |
[06:40] | but we stay in constant communication with each other? | 但时不时互相招呼一声可以吗 |
[06:42] | Yeah, thank you. | 好吧 谢啦 |
[06:52] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[06:53] | – Still here. – Okay. | -还在呢 -好 |
[06:59] | – Leonard? – Still here. | -莱纳德 -还在呢 |
[07:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:10] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[07:13] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[07:18] | Oh, God! | 我的妈呀 |
[07:22] | Too much dust. | 太多灰尘了 |
[07:30] | Hey, ready for lunch? | 可以去吃午饭了吗 |
[07:31] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[07:33] | Really, video games? | 不是吧 在玩电脑游戏啊 |
[07:35] | Is this some sort of Freaky Friday thing | 你们难道是灵魂互换了吗 |
[07:36] | where you’re actually Howard? | 你其实是妮妮身华仔魂 |
[07:40] | Please, if I were Howard, I’d be doing this. | 拜托 如果我是霍华德 我肯定在做这个 |
[07:46] | You know what? He’s not wrong. | 知道吗 他这么做可真明智 |
[07:49] | All right, great, can we go? | 好了 那我们能走了吗 |
[07:50] | In a minute. I want to show Howard I can play this game. | 等一会 我想让霍华德知道我也能玩好这游戏 |
[07:53] | You know, you make a lot more money than he does. | 你明明赚得比他多 |
[07:55] | Can’t you just rub his nose in that? | 拿这件事去羞辱他不就够了吗 |
[07:58] | I can, but I want to rub his nose in this. | 可以 但我更想在这游戏里羞辱他 |
[08:02] | Ugh, damn it, why can’t I hit anybody? | 靠 我怎么一个人都打不中 |
[08:04] | Here, let me try. | 让我试试 |
[08:06] | Lots of luck– it’s way harder than it looks. | 祝你好运 这个玩起来比看起来难 |
[08:09] | Got him. | 打死了 |
[08:15] | Okay, this citation is correct. How you doing? | 好 这个引用是正确的 你还好吧 |
[08:18] | Pretty good. I’m just looking through | 很好 我正在看 |
[08:19] | “The Effect of High Energy Muons on Proton Pion Scattering | “高能介子对国家加速器实验室 |
[08:23] | at the National Accelerator…” | 质子介子散射的 |
[08:30] | …Laboratory.” | 影响” |
[08:33] | Hey, should we take a break? | 我们要不休息一下吧 |
[08:34] | No, this actually makes it more exciting. | 不用 其实这样让这活儿更有意思了 |
[08:36] | We have to get through all of this before I run out of this. | 我们必须在我的药用完之前看完 |
[08:40] | It’s like the movie Speed, but instead of a bus, | 就像是电影《生死时速》 不过死的不是公交车 |
[08:42] | it’s your lungs. | 而是你的肺 |
[08:44] | And instead of Sandra Bullock, it has sadness. | 车上坐的不是知名女星 而是淡淡的悲伤 |
[08:49] | Why did you pull this Russian paper? | 你干嘛找一篇俄国文献 |
[08:50] | Oh, it was cited in this paper over here, | 它被这篇论文引用了 |
[08:52] | so I thought we should check it out. | 所以我想还是查查看吧 |
[08:54] | Mm, it’s not translated. | 这论文没翻译呀 |
[08:55] | Maybe we should talk to Howard; his Russian’s pretty good. | 也许我们应该问问霍华德 他的俄语挺溜的 |
[08:58] | We don’t need Howard. I’ve got Google Translate. | 我们才不需要霍华德 我有谷歌翻译 |
[09:02] | Okay, here we go, | 好了 来 |
[09:04] | from Russian to English. | 从俄文翻译至英文 |
[09:07] | “Examinations of moose chowder in lemon parachutes.” | “用柠檬降落伞检查驼鹿杂烩汤” |
[09:14] | Yeah, okay, now I know why this app is free. | 好 现在我知道为啥这应用免费了 |
[09:20] | Oh, gosh, my Russian’s a little rusty. | 天 我的俄语也有点不利索了 |
[09:23] | If it helps, this word may be “moose.” | 提示一下 这个词可能是指驯鹿 |
[09:30] | Okay. | 好了 |
[09:33] | This paper is called | 这篇论文的题目是 |
[09:35] | “Examinations of a Super-Asymmetric Model of the Universe” | “宇宙超不对称模型的检验” |
[09:40] | by Dr. Vasily Gregora-Poli-Popivich. | 作者是瓦西里·格瑞格拉·波利·波维奇 |
[09:44] | W-Wait, so Amy and Sheldon | 等等 所以艾米和谢尔顿 |
[09:46] | weren’t the first to think of super-asymmetry? | 不是第一个想出超不对称的人 |
[09:48] | No, doesn’t look like it. This is from 1978. | 不 应该不是 这是1978年写的 |
[09:50] | Okay, well, they might need to rename their theory | 那他们可能要把理论改名成 |
[09:53] | “The Cooper-Fowler Gregora-Poli-Popivich Theory.” | “库珀·福勒·格瑞格拉·波利·波维奇理论”了 |
[09:57] | Kind of rolls right off your tongue, doesn’t it? | 还有点朗朗上口呢 对吧 |
[10:01] | Sheldon is not gonna be happy about this. | 谢尔顿不会开心的 |
[10:03] | Well, he’s gonna be less happy about this, uh… | 接下来的内容会更让他难过 |
[10:06] | “The super-asymmetric model is inherently flawed | “超不对称模型存在先天缺陷 |
[10:11] | and does not bear the weight of further examination.” Hmm. | 无法进行更深入的研究” |
[10:16] | So this disproves their theory? | 这不就是推翻了他们的理论吗 |
[10:17] | Sounds like it. | 听起来是的 |
[10:19] | Oh, how are we gonna tell him? | 我们该怎么告诉他呢 |
[10:20] | That’s easy. Just go up to him and say, “Sheldon, | 简单 走到他面前说 “谢尔顿 |
[10:24] | Raj has something to tell you.” | 拉杰有话对你说” |
[10:27] | Why do I have to tell him? | 凭什么是我告诉他 |
[10:30] | You did find it. | 是你找到的呀 |
[10:31] | I fou– but he’s the one who translated it. | 我找 可是他翻译出来的 |
[10:32] | Okay, okay, h-how about this? We all tell him. | 好啦 这样吧 我们一起告诉他 |
[10:35] | Or even better: you tell him. | 还有更好的选择 你一个人告诉他 |
[10:38] | Yeah, that makes the most sense. | 没错 这方法最有道理 |
[10:41] | You guys are such cowards. | 你们就是孬种兄弟 |
[10:43] | Yes, we are. | 是的 我们就是 |
[10:57] | Hey, Denise. Is Stuart here? | 德妮丝 霍华德在吗 |
[10:58] | Oh, no. Doctor’s appointment. | 不在 看医生去了 |
[11:00] | Oh, is he okay? | 他没事吧 |
[11:01] | Not since I’ve known him. | 从我认识他起就没好过 |
[11:05] | Which brings up an interesting question. | 这就引出一个有趣的问题了 |
[11:07] | You and Stuart. Why? | 你和斯图尔特 何苦呢 |
[11:12] | I don’t know. My parents owned a funeral home. | 我也不知道 我父母开了一家殡仪馆 |
[11:14] | Read into that what you will. | 剩下的你慢慢联想吧 |
[11:17] | What can I help you with? | 我能帮你做什么吗 |
[11:18] | I was hoping Stuart could show me how to play Fortnite. | 我是来找斯图尔特教我打《堡垒之夜》的 |
[11:21] | – Mm, I can teach you. – Really, you good? | -我可以教你呀 -真的吗 你玩得好嘛 |
[11:23] | Look at my skin. I haven’t been outside in six years. | 看看我苍白的皮肤 我都六年没出门玩过了 |
[11:27] | So you’ll coach me? | 你会指导我吗 |
[11:28] | Sure. Now let me ask you a question. | 当然 让我问你一个问题 |
[11:30] | Howard. Why? | 霍华德 何苦呢 |
[11:35] | You got eyes– what do you think? | 你有眼睛嘛 自己想呗 |
[12:02] | Wow, I really wish I didn’t see this. | 我真希望自己没看到这一幕 |
[12:05] | Oh, hey. | 你回来啦 |
[12:06] | I just need to give Sheldon some bad news, | 我有些坏消息要告诉谢尔顿 |
[12:09] | and I really don’t want to. | 我真心不想去 |
[12:10] | – Oh, my God. Is everything okay? – No, I-I found a paper | -我的天 没事吧 -我找到一篇论文 |
[12:13] | that proves their theory wrong. | 证明他们的理论是错误的 |
[12:15] | They thought this was gonna be their Nobel Prize. | 他们原本还想借此拿诺贝尔奖呢 |
[12:17] | It’s gonna break his heart. | 他肯定会伤心欲绝 |
[12:18] | Oh, man. Maybe leave an anonymous note, you know, | 你不如留个匿名条吧 |
[12:22] | like in high school, when you want to let your best friend know | 就像高中时你想告诉你的好朋友 |
[12:24] | that her boyfriend’s cheating on her. | 她男友出轨了那样 |
[12:28] | Why wouldn’t you just tell her that? | 你为什么不直接告诉她 |
[12:30] | I don’t know. Maybe you had a hickey. | 也许是因为脖子上还留着他的吻痕 |
[12:35] | I-Isn’t it better to get bad news from a friend? | 由朋友告诉你坏消息 不会好受点吗 |
[12:37] | Trust me, it’s not. | 相信我 不会的 |
[12:39] | I went to prom with a hickey and a black eye. | 我可是带着吻痕和乌眼圈去参加毕业舞会的 |
[12:42] | Come on, knock on the door. You can do this. | 快去敲门吧 你没问题的 |
[12:44] | All right, a-all right, here I go. | 好吧好吧 我去了 |
[12:46] | Oh, wait, just let me get inside. | 等等 我先进屋再说 |
[12:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:50] | “Why”? Come on. | “为什么” 还用问吗 |
[12:58] | Oh, hey, Leonard. | 你来啦 莱纳德 |
[12:59] | Is the podcast too loud? | 这播客是不是太吵了 |
[13:00] | I didn’t hear a podcast. | 我没听到播客呀 |
[13:02] | I told you no one could hear it. | 我说了没人能听见 |
[13:05] | Well, I heard Ira Glass, so he’s either in your earbuds | 我听到了主播的声音 要么他在你耳机里 |
[13:08] | or clinging to the ceiling like a gecko. | 要么他像壁虎一般趴在我的天花板上 |
[13:13] | Actually, I-I need to talk to both of you about your paper. | 事实上 我要跟你俩说说你们论文的事 |
[13:16] | Oh, right, how are the citations coming? | 引文查得怎么样了 |
[13:18] | Well, Raj and I were chasing them down | 我和拉杰按你说的 |
[13:20] | like you asked us to, and, um, | 去核查引文了 |
[13:23] | we came a-across a, a Russian paper | 我们发现了一篇俄国论文 |
[13:26] | that seems to disprove super-asymmetry. | 似乎能推翻超对称性 |
[13:30] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[13:31] | Yeah, uh, Howard translated it. | 嗯 霍华德翻译出来了 |
[13:36] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[13:41] | Sheldon, are you, are you all right? | 谢尔顿 你没事吧 |
[13:43] | Oh, yes, of course. | 当然没事啦 |
[13:46] | Thank you for telling us, Leonard. | 谢谢你告诉我们 莱纳德 |
[13:47] | I’m sure that wasn’t easy. | 你一定很难开口 |
[13:51] | I guess we don’t need this anymore. | 看来我们不需要这个了 |
[14:13] | So what are you listening to, This American Life? | 你在听什么播客 “美国生活”吗 |
[14:19] | Okay, so walk up to that chest and push X. | 走到那个箱子跟前 按X键 |
[14:22] | X. Push X. | X键 按X键 |
[14:24] | Which one’s X? | 哪个是X键 |
[14:25] | The one with the X on it. | 上面写着X的那个啊 |
[14:28] | Take it easy, I’m new at this. | 别紧张 我刚开始学嘛 |
[14:29] | What, the alphabet? | 学什么 字母表吗 |
[14:32] | You don’t have to be snarky. | 你不用那么恶毒吧 |
[14:34] | Hey, do you want to play the game, | 你想玩好这个游戏 |
[14:35] | or do you want to crawl back up | 还是想爬回你妈的上衣里 |
[14:36] | your mommy’s shirt and chow down like a baby? | 像婴儿一样大口吸奶 |
[14:40] | Damn, what is wrong with you? | 靠 你怎么回事啊 |
[14:42] | I’m sorry, I thought you wanted to beat your husband. | 抱歉 我以为你想打赢你老公 |
[14:44] | – I do. – Well, then suck it up! | -我是想啊 -那就别逼逼了 |
[14:45] | Okay! | 知道啦 |
[14:54] | Hi. | 你好吗 |
[14:57] | Can I do anything? | 有什么我能做的吗 |
[14:58] | No. | 没有 |
[15:01] | I can make you some tea, I-I could sing “Soft Kitty.” | 我可以给你泡杯茶 或者唱《软猫猫》 |
[15:04] | I don’t understand how you’re not more upset by this. | 我不明白你怎么还能如此冷静 |
[15:06] | This is your paper, too. | 这也是你的论文 |
[15:07] | I am upset, Sheldon. | 我也很难过啊 谢尔顿 |
[15:10] | I’m just trying to hold it together for you. | 我只是在为你冷静不崩溃 |
[15:13] | Like when that goose wouldn’t leave us alone at brunch. | 就像那次吃早午餐时 有只鹅疯狂骚扰我们一样 |
[15:18] | That thing scared you, too? | 那畜牲也吓到你了吗 |
[15:19] | Well, of course it did. I was wearing a down jacket. | 当然了 我当时可是穿着羽绒外套 |
[15:24] | Well, I don’t need you to pretend to be okay for me. | 我不需要你为了我故作坚强 |
[15:26] | If anything, that makes it worse. | 恰恰相反 你这样做我更不好受 |
[15:28] | Fine. I’m not okay. | 好吧 我很不好 |
[15:32] | We came up with this idea at our wedding. | 这理论是在我们的婚礼上想到的 |
[15:35] | We poured months of our lives into it. | 我们为此投入了好几个月的心血 |
[15:37] | I thought we were changing the course of science, | 我本以为我们会改变科学的进程 |
[15:40] | and now it’s all gone. I’m devastated. | 现在什么都没了 我心碎欲绝 |
[15:45] | I was wrong, that makes it worse. | 我错了 你这样我心情更差 |
[15:46] | Go back to being happy. | 你还是变回开心的样子吧 |
[15:55] | Hey, guys. | 你们好呀 |
[15:58] | You, uh, playing that, what’s it called again? | 你们在玩那个游戏吗 叫什么来着 |
[16:00] | Fortnow? | 《堡垒之爷》吗 |
[16:03] | – Fortnite. – Right. | -是《堡垒之夜》 -对哦 |
[16:04] | I guess I forgot ’cause I only played it that one time | 我记不清了 毕竟我只玩过一次 |
[16:07] | and I was so bad at it. | 还玩得特别渣 |
[16:10] | Don’t beat yourself up. It’s a hard game. | 别责怪自己 这游戏很难 |
[16:13] | Would you mind if I gave it another shot? | 我能再玩一次试试吗 |
[16:15] | Mm, maybe later, Berna… | 过会行吗 伯纳… |
[16:16] | Give me. | 快给老娘 |
[16:20] | Where are you, Howard, where are you? | 你在哪呢 霍华德 你在哪 |
[16:23] | Let me just build a little ramp, get some height. | 我先建个坡道 取得一点高度 |
[16:27] | You want to press B to go into build– oh, you already did it. | 建坡道要按B键 你已经建好了 |
[16:31] | Did I? I’m just hitting buttons. | 是吗 我只是随便乱按而已 |
[16:33] | Wee! | 赞哦 |
[16:36] | I see your ramp. I’m coming for you. | 我看到你的坡道了 我要来打你啦 |
[16:38] | You can try, but… | 有本事你就试试 但是… |
[16:41] | Gotcha. | 你死了 |
[16:44] | Son of a bitch. | 狗逼 |
[16:47] | Want to play again? | 想再玩一次吗 |
[16:48] | No! | 不要 |
[16:51] | – Howard. – What? | -霍华德 -干嘛 |
[16:53] | I make more money than you. | 老娘赚的钱比你多 |
[16:59] | You got yourself a good one there, buddy. | 你找了个好老婆 兄弟 |
[17:05] | So neither of them showed up for work today? | 他们俩今天都没去上班吗 |
[17:07] | No, I tried calling and no one picked up. | 没 我打给他们也没人接 |
[17:09] | Look, I’m sure they’re fine. | 他们一定没事的啦 |
[17:10] | They were probably up all night coming up with a new theory. | 估计昨晚没睡觉 在想新理论吧 |
[17:12] | I-I also texted to see if he wanted to go to the new | 我还发短信问他 要不要去看 |
[17:15] | Fantastic Beasts movie and he didn’t respond. | 新一集《神奇动物在哪里》 他也没回 |
[17:17] | All right, well, they’re already dead. There’s nothing we can do. | 好吧 他们已经死翘翘了 我们也无能为力 |
[17:26] | Come in. | 进来 |
[17:35] | You guys look all comfy. Did-did you take the day off? | 你们挺放松自在啊 今天请假休息吗 |
[17:39] | It’s Saturday. | 今天是星期六 |
[17:41] | No, it’s not. | 并不是周六 |
[17:43] | Great, another thing we’re wrong about. | 真”棒” 我们又弄错一件事 |
[17:48] | How many does that make, Amy? | 我们总共弄错几件事了 艾米 |
[17:51] | Two. | 两件 |
[17:54] | Two things. | 整整两件事 |
[17:55] | What happened to us? | 我们这是怎么了 |
[17:58] | I’ll tell you what happened. | 我告诉你是谁造的孽 |
[18:00] | Professor Gregoropovich. | 格雷咕噜维奇教授 |
[18:03] | I-I think it’s Gregora-Poli-Popivich, but… | 我想是格瑞格拉·波利·波维奇 不过… |
[18:13] | Three. | 三件 |
[18:16] | Look, you guys, you had a, you had a setback, you know? | 听着 你们不过是遇到了一次挫折 |
[18:18] | This is the time you got to dig in and-and try harder. | 现在是你们一鼓作气 加倍努力的时候 |
[18:22] | It’s like halftime and you’re down by seven. | 就像橄榄球中场时你们稍微落后 |
[18:25] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[18:27] | All right, it’s-it’s like | 好吧 就好像 |
[18:28] | Bat-halftime and you’re down by Bat-seven. | 蝙蝠侠中场时你们蝙蝠落后 |
[18:32] | Let me try. | 我来试试吧 |
[18:34] | You-you guys can’t just give up. | 你们不能就这样放弃 |
[18:36] | Uh, individually, you are the smartest people I know. | 你俩都是我认识的最聪明的人 |
[18:38] | Together, you can do anything. | 只要你们强强联手 便无所不能 |
[18:40] | I appreciate what you’re trying to do but please stop. | 很感谢你所做的努力 但请你别再说了 |
[18:43] | You can’t make this better. | 你无法让我们好过些 |
[18:44] | – All right, Amy, listen… – I’m with Sheldon. | -好吧 艾米 听我说… -我同意谢尔顿 |
[18:47] | We worked our butts off on this paper | 我们为这篇论文拼尽心力 |
[18:48] | and it was all for nothing. | 到头来都是白费功夫 |
[18:50] | And if you think some pep talk can fix that, | 如果你们觉得说几句鼓励的话我们就会好 |
[18:53] | then you don’t understand how much this meant to us. | 那你们就低估了这事对我们的意义 |
[18:56] | Is there anything we can do? | 我们能做点什么吗 |
[18:57] | No. | 没有 |
[18:59] | Yeah– wait. | 有 等等 |
[19:01] | Do I smell Siam Palace? | 我是不是闻到暹罗宫餐厅的味道 |
[19:03] | Oh, yeah, it’s our dinner. | 没错 是我们的晚饭 |
[19:11] | I mean, it’s your dinner. | 我是说 你们的晚饭 |
[19:14] | Any mango sticky rice? | 有芒果糯米饭吗 |
[19:15] | – No. – And the blows keep coming. | -没有 -打击真是一重接一重啊 |
[19:26] | I see you. I see you — | 看到你了 看到你了 |
[19:29] | And boom! Got you! | 炸 你死了 |
[19:31] | How’s it feel, Penny? | 感觉如何 佩妮 |
[19:33] | Like I don’t care at all. | 我内心毫无波澜 |
[19:36] | Wrong. It feels bad. | 回答错误 你感觉很糟 |
[19:38] | Because you lost, I won. | 因为你输了 老娘赢了 |
[19:39] | What a rush! | 真爽 |
[19:42] | – All right. Can we go eat now? – Hell yeah. | -现在可以去吃饭了吗 -当然 |
[19:45] | Hey, how’s it going? | 玩得怎么样了 |
[19:46] | Boom! | 炸 |
[19:50] | Ok, I’m gonna drive. | 还是我来开车吧 |