时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | If Bruce Banner’s driving a rental car | 如果布鲁斯·班纳在开租来的车时 |
[00:05] | and turns into the Hulk, do you think he’s covered, | 变身成了绿巨人浩克 车坏了保险赔吗 |
[00:07] | or does he need to add the Hulk as an additional driver? | 还是租车时他得先加上浩克为附加驾驶才行 |
[00:12] | You really need a girlfriend. | 你真的该交个女朋友了 |
[00:17] | Mailman’s here! | 邮差先生来啦 |
[00:19] | Aw. Remember when he used to get at excited to see us? | 还记得他当年看到我们也这个兴奋劲儿吗 |
[00:23] | Do you have any mail for Dr. Sheldon Cooper? | 有给谢尔顿·库珀博士的信吗 |
[00:26] | I do, but I can’t hand it right to you– | 有 不过我不能直接给你 |
[00:28] | I have to put it in the box. | 我必需得先放进邮箱里 |
[00:30] | And that is what separates the U.S. Postal Service | 这一点就能看出正经的美国邮政服务 |
[00:32] | from those hippies at FedEx. | 与快递公司不正经的快递员的差别 |
[00:36] | Oh, goody! | 太好啦 |
[00:39] | What is so exciting? | 什么东西让你这么兴奋 |
[00:41] | It’s a letter from Dr. Wolcott. | 是沃尔科特博士寄来的信 |
[00:43] | We’ve been corresponding about my string theory research. | 我们一直有通信讨论我的弦理论研究 |
[00:46] | Wait. Robert Wolcott? Like Wolcott’s Theorem Wolcott? | 罗伯特·沃尔科特 沃尔科特定理的那个人吗 |
[00:49] | The very same. | 就是他 |
[00:51] | Didn’t he go crazy and cut off all contact with people? | 他不是发疯然后跟所有人断绝联络了吗 |
[00:55] | Yeah, he was driven mad by a friend | 对啊 他是因为被他的朋友 |
[00:57] | who kept wanting to talk about the Hulk’s car insurance! | 整天想聊浩克的汽车保险给逼疯的 |
[01:01] | Oh. He’s invited me to his cabin for the weekend, | 他邀请我这周末去他的木屋 |
[01:04] | to discuss a breakthrough he’s had. | 聊聊他最近的新突破 |
[01:06] | – His cabin? – Yes. He lives off the grid, | -他的什么木屋 -他隐居世外 |
[01:09] | up in the mountains. | 住在山里 |
[01:10] | So you’re gonna go to the middle of nowhere | 所以你要到渺无人烟的地方 |
[01:12] | and spend the weekend with a crazy man you’ve never met? | 跟一个你素未谋面的疯子度过周末吗 |
[01:16] | Yes. Why? | 对啊 怎么了 |
[01:19] | No reason. Have fun. | 没什么 玩得开心 |
[02:02] | Oh, nice one. | 厉害 |
[02:04] | Hey, Penny, that’s what you sound like when you read. | 佩妮 你读书的时候听起来也是这样 |
[02:09] | – Hey! ?- What? | -喂 -干嘛啦 |
[02:10] | He said it. | 是他说的 |
[02:13] | Sheldon, what are you doing? | 谢尔顿 你在干嘛 |
[02:14] | I am decoding Dr. Wolcott’s letter | 我在解码沃尔科特博士的信 |
[02:16] | using this book as the key. | 这本书是解密的密钥 |
[02:18] | Aren’t conversations more fun when they’re in code? | 用密语做的交谈是不是比普通的更有趣呢 |
[02:20] | Yes. But I’m using a code where “Yes” means “No.” | 对的 但我的”对的”是”不对”的密语 |
[02:25] | Oh. I got it! | 我解出来了 |
[02:26] | He’s given me directions to his cabin. | 他给了我去他木屋的路线 |
[02:28] | He seems a little paranoid. | 他有点太神经兮兮了吧 |
[02:30] | He is not paranoid. | 他才没有神经兮兮 |
[02:33] | – What are you doing? – ?Following his instructions. | -你在干嘛 -遵从他的指示 |
[02:42] | Leonard, you are not letting Sheldon go alone this weekend. | 莱纳德 不许你让谢尔顿这周末独自赴会 |
[02:45] | I am a grown man– I don’t need somebody to chaperone me. | 我是大人了 我不需要谁来当我监护人 |
[02:48] | I just need him to drop me off, pick me up, | 我只需要他送我去 结束后接我回来 |
[02:50] | and pack me a sack lunch. | 再帮我包一份午餐就行 |
[02:53] | Don’t look at me. | 别看我 |
[02:54] | When the music stopped, you were holding Sheldon. | 当结束奏乐之时 牵着他的手的人是你 |
[02:58] | Amy can’t take him– it’s her bachelorette party this weekend. | 艾米不能带他去 她的单身女郎派对是这周末 |
[03:00] | Yes, it is– | 是的呢 |
[03:01] | because I’m getting married! | 因为老娘要结婚啦 |
[03:04] | Are you gonna be doing that all weekend? | 你这一整个周末都打算这样吗 |
[03:06] | Yes. Do you know why? | 对 你知道为什么吗 |
[03:07] | Because you’re getting married! | 因为你要结婚啦 |
[03:10] | All right, Leonard, | 好吧 莱纳德 |
[03:11] | looks like you’re driving me. | 看来得你开车送我了 |
[03:12] | But maybe you could drop me at the bottom of the mountain. | 但你到时候在山脚下放我下就行了 |
[03:14] | I want him to think I’m cool. | 不想被他看见我要人送 都不酷了 |
[03:17] | That’s great, everyone’s got weekend plans. | 太好了 大家周末都有安排 |
[03:19] | Amy has her bachelorette party, | 艾米有单身女郎派对 |
[03:20] | and Sheldon’s gonna go to the woods and get hunted for sport. | 谢尔顿要到森林里被人当狩猎的猎物 |
[03:23] | Yeah, as someone who has to track him every time | 身为每次他在宜家走丢时 |
[03:25] | he gets lost in IKEA, | 负责找到他的专人 |
[03:26] | I feel like I’d be really good at that. | 我感觉我也会是狩猎他的一把好手 |
[03:29] | Leonard, you cannot drop him off. | 莱纳德 你不能放他下车就走 |
[03:30] | You have to stay with him and keep him safe. | 你得跟他待在一起确保他的安全 |
[03:33] | – Howard, you have to go and keep Leonard safe. ?- Fine. | -霍华德 你得去确保莱纳德的安全 -好吧 |
[03:35] | I get it– and you want me to go and keep Howard safe. | 我懂 你也想要我去确保霍华德的安全 |
[03:38] | – Actually, I… – ?Uh, just say yes, or he’s gonna want | -其实我… -你就说是 不然这家伙 |
[03:40] | to come to the bachelorette party. | 会要来我们的单身女郎派对 |
[03:45] | Are you sure you’re gonna be okay this weekend? | 你确定这周末你可以吗 |
[03:48] | Of course. | 当然啦 |
[03:49] | No, I’m much more concerned about you. | 其实我更担心的是你 |
[03:51] | I know how you gals behave when the men are away. | 我知道男人不在时 你们女人都是什么德行 |
[03:55] | You do? | 你知道吗 |
[03:56] | I’ve read The Bacchae by Euripides. | 我读过诗人欧里庇得斯的《酒神的女信徒》 |
[03:59] | Drinking wine, riding panthers… | 喝喝小酒 骑骑豹子 |
[04:03] | Proof that girls have gone wild for over 2,500 years. | 证明了女人野有着超过2500年的历史 |
[04:07] | Well, I wish I could say none of that is gonna happen, | 我也想跟你说不会发生那些事 |
[04:10] | but Penny is planning it, and she is the reason | 但是是佩妮在筹办 而她也是我 |
[04:12] | I own those underwear with writing across the butt. | 会拥有屁股上有字的内裤的始作俑者 |
[04:16] | Well, just be careful, | 凡事小心 |
[04:19] | and use protection. | 记得使用防护措施 |
[04:22] | What do you think is gonna happen? | 你是觉得我们会做什么啊 |
[04:24] | I don’t know. But it’s going to be sunny, | 我不知道啊 但周末艳阳高照 |
[04:26] | and you burn easily. | 你又容易晒伤 |
[04:28] | It’ll be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[04:30] | I’m sure there’ll be some drinking and some dancing, | 我估计会喝点酒 跳点舞 |
[04:32] | and then a mailman’ll probably show up | 然后会有个邮差出现 |
[04:34] | and take his clothes off… | 开始脱掉他的衣服… |
[04:36] | Nicholas is going to take his clothes off? | 尼古拉斯要来脱衣服吗 |
[04:39] | No, not our mailman. | 不是 不是我们的邮差 |
[04:41] | A dancer pretending to be a mailman. | 是扮成邮差的舞者 |
[04:44] | Impersonating a federal employee? | 冒充联邦雇员吗 |
[04:45] | Oh, where’s the after-party, prison? | 你们的庆功宴在哪举办 监狱吗 |
[04:50] | It’s sweet that you’re worried about me. | 你担心我的样子好有爱 |
[04:52] | Well, of course I’m worried about you– | 我当然担心你啦 |
[04:54] | I want you to be safe. | 我希望你平平安安 |
[04:55] | And I want you to be safe. | 我也希望你平平安安 |
[04:57] | I will be. I’ll have my friends with me. | 我会的 我的朋友们会陪着我 |
[04:59] | If anything should go wrong, I can use them as human shields. | 如果出了什么事 我可以拿他们当人肉盾牌 |
[05:06] | For most of human history, | 在人类历史中的大多数时候 |
[05:08] | time was believed to be an objective part of reality. | 时间都被认为是现实客观存在的一部分 |
[05:12] | But with the contributions of Immanuel Kant, | 但根据伊曼努尔康德的理论 |
[05:16] | science and philosophy… | 科学与哲学… |
[05:18] | When I said you should make a playlist for the road trip, | 当我叫你搞个旅途歌单 |
[05:20] | I meant music. | 我是说让你找点音乐 |
[05:24] | This is better than music– | 这比音乐更好 |
[05:26] | this is a lecture on nonlinear time. | 这是关于非线性时间的讲座呢 |
[05:28] | Sounds like it’s just on regular time. | 听起来只是正常的时间而已 |
[05:30] | Yes. But I put it on shuffle. | 没错 但我调成了随机播放 |
[05:36] | This is nice. | 真好呀 |
[05:37] | The four of us haven’t taken a trip like this | 我们四个人上次这样一起出行 |
[05:39] | since Leonard’s bachelor party. | 还是莱纳德的单身派对 |
[05:41] | And now here we are for Sheldon’s. | 现在到了谢尔顿的单身派对 |
[05:43] | Yeah, uh, Leonard… | 没错 那个 莱纳德 |
[05:45] | As Sheldon’s best man, I need to inform you | 作为谢尔顿的伴郎 我要通知你们 |
[05:47] | that this is not a bachelor party. | 这不是一个单身派对 |
[05:49] | And tell them why. | 告诉他们原因 |
[05:51] | Because you’re a tiresome scold. | 所以你这人碎碎念抱怨不停 |
[05:54] | No. It’s because a bachelor party | 才怪 因为单身派对 |
[05:57] | is typically a hedonistic blowout | 是一场只追求肉体欢愉的 |
[05:59] | where no pleasures of the flesh are denied. | 享乐派对 |
[06:00] | I’m not interested in that. | 我对此毫无兴趣 |
[06:03] | How is that not exactly what I said? | 这和我刚才说的有什么区别 |
[06:09] | Okay, now, | 好了 |
[06:10] | I promised Sheldon things weren’t gonna get too crazy tonight. | 我向谢尔顿保证过今晚不会太疯狂 |
[06:13] | Should I be worried? | 我应该担心吗 |
[06:14] | Oh, just about who you’re marrying. | 你只需担心你要嫁的那个人 |
[06:20] | Just come on. | 快来吧 |
[06:22] | Welcome to your… | 欢迎来到你的… |
[06:25] | bachelorette party! | 单身派对 |
[06:35] | It’s a quilting bee! | 大家缝聚会 |
[06:36] | My bachelorette party’s a quilting bee! | 我的单身派对是大家缝聚会 |
[06:40] | Isn’t it perfect? | 是不是很完美 |
[06:41] | Yeah, instead of oiled-up strippers and sex toys, | 没错 抛开那些涂油脱衣舞男和性玩具 |
[06:43] | we thought: what does Amy like? | 我们认真地思考 艾米到底喜欢什么 |
[06:49] | Amy likes the quilting bee! | 艾米最爱大家缝聚会了 |
[06:55] | Well, this place is creepy. | 这地方太诡异了 |
[06:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:58] | Well, did you see his vegetable garden? | 你没看到他的菜园吗 |
[07:00] | Heirloom tomatoes in April. | 在四月种纯种番茄 |
[07:03] | Creepy. | 太诡异了 |
[07:05] | Okay, listen. | 好了听着 |
[07:06] | Dr. Wolcott is a brilliant topologist. | 沃尔科特博士是顶尖的拓扑学家 |
[07:08] | We need to set some ground rules so that you don’t embarrass me. | 我们得制定一些基本规则 免得你们丢脸 |
[07:11] | No magic. No whining. | 不许变魔术 不许发牢骚 |
[07:13] | You– just no. | 还有你 什么都不许 |
[07:17] | Uh, how come he gets to whine? | 他怎么就能抱怨呢 |
[07:22] | Dr. Wolcott? | 沃尔科特博士 |
[07:23] | Dr. Wolcott? Dr. Wolcott? | 沃尔科特博士 沃尔科特博士 |
[07:34] | That’s a lot of locks. | 开了好多道锁呀 |
[07:35] | Mm. That was a lot of knocks– they were made for each other. | 他也敲了好多次门 这俩是绝配 |
[07:41] | – Dr. Wolcott. ?- Dr. Cooper. | -沃尔科特博士 -库柏博士 |
[07:44] | Uh, who are these people? | 这些人是谁呀 |
[07:46] | Oh, these are my friends. I wrote about them in my letter. | 他们是我的朋友 我在信里介绍过 |
[07:48] | Oh, letter? I didn’t get a letter. | 信 我没收到过信呀 |
[07:51] | Well, that’s because I just sent it this morning, you know? | 我今早才把信寄出来 |
[07:53] | So score one for linear time. ? | 看来是线性时间赢了 |
[07:56] | Well, um, I don’t normally allow strangers into my house. | 我一般不允许陌生人进我的房子 |
[08:00] | But when you do, you-you let them out, right? | 但如果进来了 你也会放他们离开吧 |
[08:05] | Dr. Cooper, if you can promise me | 库珀博士 如果你能保证 |
[08:06] | these men share your intellect and academic rigor, | 这些人像你一样聪明又严谨 |
[08:10] | yeah, I suppose they can join us. | 那我可以让他们加入 |
[08:13] | You guys might need to wait in the car. | 你们可能得在车上等我了 |
[08:23] | Well, let me show you around. | 我来给你们介绍一下 |
[08:25] | This is the chair where I do most of my thinking, | 这是我思考大部分事情时坐的椅子 |
[08:28] | my thinking about work. | 用来思考工作上的事 |
[08:30] | Now, my thinking about people who have wronged me, | 思考那些待我不好的人时 |
[08:33] | I do over there. | 我坐那把椅子 |
[08:36] | I’ve always said that I should get a grudge chair. | 我一直说我需要一把用来怨恨的椅子 |
[08:38] | – Leonard, have I not always said that? – Mm, you have– | -莱纳德 我是不是一直说呀 -你说了 |
[08:41] | – but you were worried you’d spend too much time in it. – Yeah. | -但你担心自己花太多时间在上面了 -对 |
[08:44] | That was a real concern. | 这是真的 |
[08:47] | Oh, my God, this tomato is amazing! | 我的天 这个番茄太好吃了 |
[08:50] | I can eat it like an apple. | 我可以像啃苹果一样吃掉它 |
[08:53] | My secret is I fertilize it with my own manure. | 我的秘密就是用自己的粪便施肥 |
[09:03] | The look on your face. | 这表情千金不换 |
[09:07] | It’s a sort of grin. You want to know what kind? | 这微笑的弧度 想知道跟哪个部位的像吗 |
[09:14] | So, Dr. Wolcott, | 沃尔科特博士 |
[09:16] | in your letter, you said you had a new mathematical approach | 你信中提到 你有一种最新的数学理论 |
[09:19] | that would help me conceptualize the dimensions in string theory? | 可以帮助我将弦理论中的维度概念化 |
[09:21] | Uh, yes, yes, yes, yes. But before we get started, | 没错没错 但我们开始前 |
[09:25] | I am going to need to collect everybody’s phone. | 我需要先把每个人的手机没收了 |
[09:29] | Oh. ?Why? | 为什么 |
[09:30] | Because they’re little listening devices, aren’t they? | 因为他们可都是小型窃听器呢 |
[09:33] | Yes, for people to spy on you and steal your work. | 可以被想盗取你成果的人利用 |
[09:37] | Yeah, what happened to the good old days | 回想一下过去的好日子 |
[09:38] | where if someone wanted to steal your work, | 如果想盗取你的心血 |
[09:40] | they had to hire a prostitute to seduce you? | 还得请个妓女来勾引你 |
[09:44] | Who told you about that? | 谁告诉你这件事的 |
[09:48] | Just making a joke. | 我只是开个玩笑 |
[09:49] | Yeah, it’s not funny when it happens. | 真的发生的时候就没那么好笑了 |
[09:53] | All right, now, | 好了 |
[09:53] | you’re probably going to want to start with this notebook here. | 你可以先从这个笔记本开始 |
[09:58] | – Oh. Oh, my. ?- Here we are. | -我的天 -开始吧 |
[10:04] | no offense, Dr. Wolcott, but I’m not sure this makes any sense. | 无意冒犯 沃尔科特博士 这内容无意义啊 |
[10:07] | That’s because I’ve written it all backwards. | 因为我都是倒着写的 |
[10:09] | You… Wow. | 你 哦哇 |
[10:13] | That’s “Wow” backwards. | 我这是倒着说的”哇哦” |
[10:16] | Hmm. You know… | 那个… |
[10:18] | – I still don’t get it. – Well, plus the numbers are letters | -我还是看不懂 -里面的数字其实是字母 |
[10:21] | and the letters are numbers. ?Oh. | 字母其实是数字 |
[10:24] | I love him. | 我爱死他了 |
[10:37] | Are you having fun? | 你是不是玩得很开心 |
[10:41] | Yeah. | 开心 |
[10:42] | I just, uh, finished sewing this top to bottom. | 刚缝好了上边到下边的部分 |
[10:46] | Now I’m gonna sew it side to side. | 现在要开始缝左右的 |
[10:50] | Pace yourself. | 慢慢来 |
[10:52] | Some more tea? | 喝茶不 |
[10:53] | Oh, lovely. | 太好了 |
[11:03] | Seriously? What the hell? | 什么鬼啊 这都是啥玩意呀 |
[11:06] | – Huh? – ?What? | -怎么了 -怎么回事 |
[11:07] | This is my bachelorette party, tea and quilts? | 这是我的单身派对 喝茶和缝被子吗 |
[11:10] | ?Well, you said you didn’t want anything crazy. | 你自己说不要太疯狂的 |
[11:12] | ?Yes, but I said it like, “I don’t want anything crazy.” | 可我说的方式是 “我不要太疯狂的” |
[11:15] | Which clearly means I wanted something crazy. | 意思就是我要疯 我要狂 |
[11:19] | I mean, is this how boring you think I am? | 难道你们眼中的我就是这么无趣吗 |
[11:22] | Penny, she asked you a question. | 佩妮 她在问你问题呢 |
[11:26] | Of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[11:27] | So you thought that I would like quilting? | 所以你们觉得我喜欢缝被子吗 |
[11:29] | – Well, don’t you? – Of course I like quilting! | -那你不喜欢吗 -当然喜欢了 |
[11:31] | It’s the slowest way to make a blanket! | 这是制作一床被子的最慢方式 |
[11:35] | But this is my bachelorette party! | 但这是我的单身女郎派对 |
[11:37] | It’s supposed to be fun and wild and full of bad decisions. | 那就应该放纵不羁 做些错误决定 |
[11:40] | Hey, we can make bad decisions. | 我们当然可会做错误决定了 |
[11:42] | She had two kids back-to-back and I thought you’d like this, | 她接连生了两个孩子 我误以为你喜欢缝被子 |
[11:45] | so we’re off to a good start. | 这还不算做错误决定吗 |
[11:48] | Come on, let’s go somewhere we can do body shots | 来吧 让我们找个地方 |
[11:50] | – off shirtless bartenders. – ?Yes. | -在裸身酒保身上喝男体酒 -没错 |
[11:52] | I don’t know. That might be too much. | 真的吗 会不会太过了 |
[11:54] | All right, you know what, | 没错 那这样吧 |
[11:55] | why don’t we stay home, have a little wine… | 我们还是留在家里喝点小酒… |
[11:56] | What are you not getting about this?! | 你们怎么就体会不到我的潜台词 |
[12:02] | Dr. Wolcott, your work on time is revolutionary. | 沃尔科特博士 您对时间的研究成果是革命性的 |
[12:05] | I would say thank you, | 我想说谢谢你 |
[12:06] | but, in my theory of time, | 但在我的时间理论中 |
[12:07] | you’ve already called my work revolutionary, | 你已经赞扬过我的成果具有革命性 |
[12:09] | I’ve already thanked you, | 而我也已经谢过你了 |
[12:11] | and I hate repeating myself, | 我不喜欢重复说一句话 |
[12:12] | so let’s move on. | 所以我就不说了 |
[12:16] | Wait a minute, are-are you saying that time | 等等 你是说时间和空间一样 |
[12:18] | has multiple dimensions, the same as space? | 都具有多维性吗 |
[12:20] | No. No, I’m not saying it– | 不 不是我说的 |
[12:22] | the math is saying it. | 是数学计算说的 |
[12:24] | Though it is the math that I invented, | 当然这个数学计算是我想出来的 |
[12:25] | so, yes, I guess I am saying it. | 所以我想也可以等同于我说的 |
[12:29] | You understanding any of this? | 你能懂任何一点吗 |
[12:31] | I haven’t understood anything since poop tomato. | 我从粑粑番茄之后就什么都搞不懂了 |
[12:36] | My goodness, | 我的天 |
[12:37] | this is incredible. | 这真是太神奇了 |
[12:39] | ?See, I-I’m just not seeing where string theory fits into all this, | 我就是想不出如何把弦理论代入其中 |
[12:42] | and that’s where I think that you and I | 所以我想在这点上 |
[12:43] | could be of help to each other. | 你和我可以一起合作 |
[12:45] | Thank you. I’d be honored. | 谢谢 我真是荣幸 |
[12:46] | All right. Allow me to show you my most recent journal. | 我给你看看我最新的论文吧 |
[12:51] | Sheldon’s right. | 谢尔顿说得对 |
[12:53] | This guy, this guy’s brilliant. | 这家伙 真是个天才 |
[12:55] | Yeah, I mean, he’s a little… kooky, | 没错 虽然他有点神经兮兮 |
[12:58] | but a mind that can reconceptualize time | 但他聪明到可以重新概念化时间 |
[13:01] | probably has a reason for keeping a jar | 那么他用罐子收集自己剪下来的脚趾甲 |
[13:02] | of toenail clippings that we just don’t understand. | 一定也有我们无法理解的原因了 |
[13:06] | I could spend months up here just going through his math. | 我光看他算的内容就能在这待上几个月 |
[13:08] | I think Sheldon might. | 我想谢尔顿可能会 |
[13:10] | Great. Who’s gonna tell Amy | 太棒了 谁去告诉艾米 |
[13:12] | we lost her fiance to a madman in the mountains? | 她的未婚夫被深山里的疯子抢走了 |
[13:17] | Hey, I drove. | 我出力开车了 |
[13:22] | This is so exciting. | 好令人激动呀 |
[13:24] | Can we do a body shot? | 我们能不能喝男体酒 |
[13:25] | I’ve always wanted to do a body shot. | 我一直想试试男体酒 |
[13:26] | Also, what’s a body shot? | 还有 男体酒到底是什么 |
[13:29] | It’s when you take a drink out of a stranger’s belly button. | 就是你用陌生人的肚脐盛酒来喝 |
[13:32] | No, thanks. | 免了 谢谢 |
[13:33] | What if they have an outie? | 如果他们肚脐外凸怎么办 |
[13:34] | Does it just spill everywhere? | 就流得到处都是吗 |
[13:38] | Okay, look, we’ve got all night. | 我们有一整晚时间 |
[13:39] | Let’s just take it easy. We can… | 放松点 我们可以… |
[13:40] | I’m getting married! | 我要结婚啦 |
[13:45] | Here you go. First round is on the house. | 给 第一轮免费 |
[13:46] | Hey there. | 你好呀 |
[13:48] | Do you do body shots? | 你提供男体酒服务吗 |
[13:49] | Oh, she said she didn’t want one. | 她说她不想玩这个了 |
[13:50] | Mind your business. | 少管闲事 |
[13:53] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[13:59] | Amy? | 艾米 |
[14:00] | Amy? Should we get her home? | 艾米 我们要不要送她回家 |
[14:03] | Why? She’s sound asleep, and we have sliders coming. | 为什么 她睡死了 我们又点了迷你汉堡 |
[14:06] | One more round! | 再来一轮 |
[14:10] | So, how would this work | 这在奇点的情况下 |
[14:11] | in the context of a singularity? | 会如何进行 |
[14:13] | Yes, that’s-that’s a tricky bit to explain. | 这部分不好解释 |
[14:16] | I assume you’re familiar with non-abelian group theory. | 你应该熟悉非阿尔贝群理论吧 |
[14:18] | Oh, and how. | 当然 |
[14:20] | You never forget your first group theory. | 你永远不会忘记第一次群理论 |
[14:22] | Listen, I’m gonna put on a pot of coffee, | 各位 我去煮一壶咖啡 |
[14:24] | because there is a lot of math to go through. | 有很多数学的部分得过一遍 |
[14:26] | And he said he didn’t want a wild bachelor party. | 他还说他不想要狂野的单身派对 |
[14:29] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[14:30] | Oh, uh, Sheldon’s getting married in a month. | 谢尔顿一个月后要结婚了 |
[14:33] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[14:35] | Yeah, I’m a married man myself. | 我也是已婚男人 |
[14:37] | Oh, really? Is she here? | 真的吗 妻子也在这儿吗 |
[14:38] | And alive? | 还活着吗 |
[14:41] | A-And can people other than you see her? | 除了你 其他人也能看到她吗 |
[14:46] | She lives in Munich. | 她住在慕尼黑 |
[14:48] | It’s a perfect marriage. | 这是完美的婚姻 |
[14:49] | We focus on our work | 我们专注于自己的研究 |
[14:50] | and send each other cards every year on our birthdays. | 每年在生日的时候寄卡片给对方 |
[14:53] | Hey, wait, what-what month is it? | 等等 现在是几月 |
[14:55] | Uh, April. | 四月 |
[14:56] | Most years. | 几乎每年 |
[14:59] | The point is we give each other space. | 重点是 我们给彼此空间 |
[15:00] | I give her Europe, she gives me South America. | 我给她欧洲 她给我南美洲 |
[15:03] | That’s where she thinks I’m living. | 她以为我住在那儿 |
[15:07] | I-I’ve never considered a long-distance marriage. | 我从没考虑过远距离婚姻 |
[15:10] | Well, listen, if you want to be a great scientist, | 听我说 如果你想成为伟大的科学家 |
[15:12] | you can’t afford to be distracted. | 就不能被分心 |
[15:15] | Hey, where are my manners? | 我怎么那么失礼 |
[15:17] | You fellas must be hungry. | 你们一定饿了吧 |
[15:19] | Do you like rabbit? | 你们喜欢兔肉吗 |
[15:20] | – ?Sure. ?- Sounds good. | -喜欢 -听起来不错 |
[15:22] | Okay. | 那好 |
[15:23] | But can you tell the difference between rabbit and squirrel? | 但你们能分辨兔肉和松鼠肉的区别吗 |
[15:28] | – ?Don’t think so. – ?Probably not. | -应该不行 -估计没办法 |
[15:29] | Great! | 太棒了 |
[15:31] | We’re having rabbit. | 我们今晚吃兔肉 |
[15:36] | Be right back! | 我去去就回 |
[15:40] | It is amazing how much he’s accomplished | 他通过脱离日常生活 |
[15:42] | by isolating himself from the distractions of day-to-day life. | 获得了如此大的成就 实在太惊人了 |
[15:46] | Okay, please don’t tell me you want to live like this. | 拜托别告诉我你想过这样的生活 |
[15:49] | See, that’s the strange thing. | 怪就怪在这儿 |
[15:51] | I don’t. | 我不想 |
[15:52] | What is wrong with me? | 我有什么毛病啊 |
[15:54] | Why don’t I want this? | 我为什么不想要这种生活 |
[15:56] | Look at how cool it all is. | 瞧这一切有多酷啊 |
[15:59] | Nothing is wrong with you. You have friends, | 你没毛病 你有朋友 |
[16:02] | you have a fiancee, you have a full life. | 有未婚妻 有完整的人生 |
[16:06] | You know what, | 知道吗 |
[16:08] | you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[16:11] | Thank you for bringing me up here. | 谢谢你们带我来这儿 |
[16:14] | But I think I’m ready to go home now. | 但我想我准备好回家了 |
[16:16] | Really? You don’t want to stay for dinner | 真的吗 你不想留下来吃晚饭 |
[16:18] | and talk more science? | 聊更多的科学吗 |
[16:19] | No. No, we better go. | 不了 我们还是走吧 |
[16:21] | I miss Amy. | 我想念艾米了 |
[16:22] | And my phone. | 还有我的手机 |
[16:29] | Also, I’m from Texas, | 还有 我是德州人 |
[16:31] | and I can taste the difference between rabbit and squirrel. | 我能尝得出兔肉和松鼠肉的区别 |
[16:43] | Oh, look who’s back! | 看谁重返人间啦 |
[16:44] | There she is! | 她醒了 |
[16:46] | What happened? How did we get here? | 发生了什么 我们怎么到这儿的 |
[16:49] | You don’t remember anything? | 你什么都不记得了吗 |
[16:50] | I remember taking some shots, and then… | 我记得喝了一些烈酒 然后 |
[16:53] | that’s it. | 就断片了 |
[16:55] | Oh, my gosh, did I pass out? | 天啊 我醉倒了吗 |
[16:57] | You kind of did. | 貌似是的 |
[16:58] | At my own bachelorette party? | 在我自己的单身女郎派对上吗 |
[17:00] | I’m so lame. | 我真是逊爆了 |
[17:03] | Well, you didn’t pass out before you did | 你醉倒前还是做了 |
[17:05] | all kinds of fun stuff. | 各种好玩的事呀 |
[17:06] | What did I do? | 我做了什么 |
[17:07] | What did you do? | 你做了什么啊 |
[17:11] | What’d she do? | 她做了什么 |
[17:15] | well, you don’t remember Riverdancing on top of the bar? | 你不记得在吧台上跳《大河之舞》了吗 |
[17:24] | I did that? | 我跳了吗 |
[17:25] | Yeah, you did! | 当然了 |
[17:28] | But I don’t know how to Riverdance. | 但我不会跳《大河之舞》啊 |
[17:31] | Didn’t stop you from teaching all those shirtless firemen. | 那也没能拦住你教那些半裸的消防员 |
[17:36] | I saw shirtless firemen? | 我看见半裸消防员了吗 |
[17:39] | Saw, smelled, slid down like a pole. | 看见 闻过 还把他们当钢管滑下来 |
[17:43] | Did I flash anybody? | 我有没有露奶给某人看 |
[17:45] | How about everybody? | 应该问有没有给所有人看 |
[17:49] | I can’t believe it. I’m so embarrassed. | 真不敢相信 我觉得好羞愧 |
[17:52] | You didn’t take any pictures, did you? | 你们没拍照吧 |
[17:54] | Oh, no, we would never do that to you. | 我们绝不会那样对你 |
[17:55] | Yeah. But if there were pictures, | 对啊 但如果有照片 |
[17:57] | they would be crazy. | 一定狂野极了 |
[18:00] | You guys are good friends. | 你们真是我的好朋友 |
[18:15] | Dinner! | 晚饭来啦 |
[18:19] | Guys? | 人呢 |
[18:23] | I can’t believe they left without saying good-bye. | 他们竟然不告而别 |
[18:26] | Wait a minute, what if they stole my work? | 等一下 万一他们窃取了我的研究呢 |
[18:29] | Wait a minute! | 等一下 |
[18:31] | What if they were never here at all? | 万一他们根本没来过呢 |
[18:34] | Wait a minute! | 等一下 |
[18:36] | What if they haven’t gotten here yet | 万一他们还没来到 |
[18:37] | but they’re on their way?! | 但已经在路上了呢 |
[18:41] | I better tidy up. | 我还是赶紧收拾收拾 |
[18:54] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[18:56] | Welcome back. How’d it go? | 欢迎回家 怎么样了 |
[18:58] | Well, Dr. Wolcott’s theories of time | 沃尔科特博士关于时间的理论 |
[19:00] | might save my new interpretation of string theory. | 或许能拯救我对弦理论的新解读 |
[19:04] | Oh, well, that’s exciting. | 真令人激动 |
[19:06] | It is. | 确实 |
[19:07] | How was your bachelorette party? | 你的单身女郎派对怎么样 |
[19:09] | Well, I was in a bar, | 我到酒吧去了 |
[19:12] | and I saw some shirtless men. | 还看到一些半裸的男人 |
[19:15] | They were firemen, and they fought over me. | 他们是消防员 为我展开了激烈的争夺 |
[19:19] | But Penny and Bernadette got me out of there | 但在胜利者得到我送的战利品前 |
[19:20] | before the victor got my spoils. | 佩妮和伯纳黛特就把我带走了 |
[19:26] | I see. | 知道了 |
[19:28] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[19:29] | You look glum. | 你好像闷闷不乐的 |
[19:31] | Amy, would you still love me | 艾米 如果我不是你以为的那种人 |
[19:34] | if I wasn’t who you thought I was? | 你还会爱我吗 |
[19:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[19:38] | Well, what if it turns out | 如果我其实不是 |
[19:41] | I’m not the single-minded, science-obsessed recluse | 你当初爱上的那个专心致志 沉迷科学 |
[19:45] | who puts his work above everything and everybody else | 把研究看得比一切人事物都重要的隐士 |
[19:48] | that you fell in love with? | 怎么办 |
[19:53] | What if I’m not the straightlaced, | 如果我不是你以为的那个 |
[19:55] | buttoned-up, quilting queen you thought I was? | 严厉刻板 沉默寡言的缝被女王 怎么办 |
[19:59] | What if I’m a… | 如果我是个 |
[20:01] | Riverdancing wild woman? | 跳《大河之舞》的狂野女人呢 |
[20:11] | I’d still love you. | 我依然会爱你 |
[20:12] | I’d still love you, too. | 我也依然会爱你 |
[20:16] | Do you really know how to Riverdance? | 你真的会跳《大河之舞》吗 |
[20:25] | You tell me. | 你来告诉我啊 |
[20:39] | I’m the only man you do that for. | 你不许跳给其他男人看 |