时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hey, uh, who’s free tonight? | 今晚谁有空 |
[00:04] | – Oh, I think I’m… – Hang on. | -我应该有… -别急 |
[00:06] | We’ve made this mistake before. | 我们犯过这个错误 |
[00:08] | It’s how we wound up at his cousin Deepak’s Tupperware party. | 害自己身陷他亲戚迪帕克的特百惠直销派对 |
[00:12] | Hey, you use that collapsible bowl all the time, | 当时会上买的折叠碗你少用了吗 |
[00:14] | and you know it. | 你自己心里清楚 |
[00:17] | And it’s not like that. | 而且这次不是那样 |
[00:18] | I just thought we could, you know, hang out and go to a bar. | 我只是想我们可以聚一起 去酒吧什么的 |
[00:20] | – Sure. – ??Sounds fun. | -行吧 -感觉可以 |
[00:22] | And watch cricket. | 然后看板球比赛 |
[00:24] | That sound you hear, ironically, crickets. | 现在听到的声音 很讽刺的也是蟋蟀[板球] |
[00:29] | Hey, guys. | 大伙们 |
[00:30] | Hey, Bert, how you doing? | 伯特 你好吗 |
[00:31] | Well, you know, | 你懂的 |
[00:33] | we geologists always get a little sad when Rocktober’s over. | 每当”石”月过了 我们地质学家都会有点伤心 |
[00:38] | – Wordplay? – Yes. | -文字哏吗 -对 |
[00:39] | Funny wordplay? | 好笑的文字哏吗 |
[00:40] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[00:42] | Trust your gut. | 相信你的直觉 |
[00:44] | Sheldon, I’ve got these four-billion-year-old meteorites. | 谢尔顿 我有一些40亿年前的陨石 |
[00:48] | I thought maybe they’d show signs of neutrino interactions. | 我觉得或许能找到中微子交互作用的痕迹 |
[00:52] | I could really use someone like you | 我真的很需要你这样的人才 |
[00:53] | to help me with the math. | 来帮忙计算部分 |
[00:55] | Oh, so they would act as natural dark matter detectors. | 所以它们能当做是天然的暗物质探测器 |
[00:59] | That sounds interesting. | 感觉很有意思 |
[01:00] | It does, but it’s still geology. | 是啊 但始终还是地质学 |
[01:04] | Sorry, Bert, I don’t have time to play rocks with you. | 抱歉了 伯特 我没空跟你玩石头 |
[01:07] | I’m not asking you to play rocks. | 我不是找你来玩石头 |
[01:08] | I’m asking you to collaborate on a research project. | 是来找你合作研究项目 |
[01:11] | Although, if there’s time, | 不过如果有时间 |
[01:12] | I guess we could play a round of zinc, zinc, piece of quartz. | 我们可以玩挖矿桌游”矿藏” |
[01:18] | Does sound better than cricket. | 感觉比看板球有意思多了 |
[01:20] | Thank you for asking. | 谢谢你的邀请 |
[01:21] | Unfortunately, I have real science to do. | 但很抱歉 我有真正的科学工作要做 |
[01:24] | But you feel free to rock on. | 祝你石石快乐 石来运转 |
[01:26] | That’s how you do it. | 这才叫玩转文字哏 |
[01:29] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:30] | Sheldon, what are you doing? | 谢尔顿 你这是干嘛呢 |
[01:31] | Bert’s one of the top guys in his field. | 伯特好歹也是他领域的顶尖人物 |
[01:34] | And somewhere there’s a mime who’s top in his field, | 世上某处也有个哑剧界一霸呢 |
[01:38] | but you don’t see me rushing to collaborate with him | 你有看到我冲过去跟他合作演出 |
[01:40] | on new ways to be stuck in a box. | 新版的被困在空气盒子里表演吗 |
[01:44] | Also something I would watch instead of cricket. | 又一个比板球更吸引我的东西 |
[01:59] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[02:01] | Hey, Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[02:02] | I’ve been thinking about it, | 我心里琢磨了一阵子 |
[02:04] | and I suppose I-I could help you with your research. | 我想我可以来帮忙你的研究 |
[02:08] | What changed your mind? | 是什么让你改变了心意 |
[02:10] | Bert, I’m a gift horse. | 伯特 当人家送你马 |
[02:11] | Don’t look me in the mouth. | 检查马牙口是很不礼貌的 |
[02:13] | Sorry. I’m happy you want to help out. | 是我不好 我很高兴你愿意帮忙 |
[02:15] | If it’s easier for you, we could just work at your office. | 如果这里不方便 我们可以去你办公室 |
[02:18] | No, no, no, not my office, no. | 不不不 不去我办公室 |
[02:20] | Uh, let’s-let’s do it here, | 就在这里吧 |
[02:21] | in-in the evenings, after everyone’s gone home. | 等晚上大家都回家后再开工 |
[02:26] | I just have to see if my evenings are free. | 那我得看看我晚上有没有空 |
[02:28] | That’s a joke. They are. | 那是玩笑话 我有空 |
[02:31] | Okay. Well, then I will see you tonight. | 好的 那我们今晚见 |
[02:37] | Well, you know what? | 其实呢 |
[02:39] | Close the blinds. We can start right now. | 关上百叶窗 我们现在就能开工 |
[03:12] | I don’t get how you can enjoy cricket. | 我真不懂板球哪里有趣了 |
[03:14] | It makes no sense. | 毫无逻辑可言 |
[03:16] | Did you just come here to complain? | 你来就是为了唧唧歪歪吗 |
[03:18] | Yeah. That’s the sport of my people. | 对啊 那是我们犹太人热衷的运动 |
[03:22] | Ooh, that’s Ravichandran Ashwin. He’s amazing. | 那个人是罗微查得兰·阿湿文 他超厉害 |
[03:25] | He makes Hardik Pandya look like Bhuvneshwar Kumar. | 能让哈迪克·庞德亚感觉像波文尼什瓦·库玛一样菜 |
[03:29] | Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, save some syllables for the rest of us. | 喂喂喂 给我们其他人取名时留点字用吧 |
[03:33] | Hey, I think that’s Bernadette’s friend over there. | 那边那个好像是伯纳黛特的朋友 |
[03:36] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:38] | Hey, Ruchi! | 如琪 |
[03:41] | I-I hope this isn’t awkward. | 希望不会太尴尬 |
[03:43] | The last time we met, I kind of embarrassed myself. | 上次我跟她见面 我有点丢人 |
[03:45] | Let’s see if you can go two for two. | 看看你这次能不能再接再丢人 |
[03:48] | – Hey, guys. – ?Hey. | -你们好啊 -你来啦 |
[03:50] | Hi. ?Are you here by yourself? | 你自己一个人来吗 |
[03:51] | Yeah, I couldn’t convince anyone to come watch cricket with me. | 对啊 我说服不了任何人来陪我看 |
[03:54] | Tell me about it. I had to drag this guy. | 可不是嘛 我也是硬拉他来的 |
[03:58] | You’re more than welcome to join us if you’d like. | 欢迎你加入我们一起看啊 |
[04:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢啊 |
[04:03] | Arre uske taang pay ball kar! | 阿力乌丝科当配波卡 |
[04:06] | What’d she say? | 她说什么 |
[04:07] | Uske taang pay ball kar. | 乌丝科当配波卡 |
[04:11] | Oh, that clears that up. | 你一说我就”懂”了 |
[04:13] | Well, no, she’s telling the bowler to bowl a yorker. | 不是啦 她是在叫投球手投脚前球 |
[04:16] | It’s the most brutal ball in cricket. | 是板球里最凶的一种球 |
[04:18] | I was at the match when Shoaib bowled back-to-back yorkers. | 我去了巴基斯坦球星肖波连投俩脚前球的比赛 |
[04:22] | Well, I was there, too! What a coincidence! | 我也去了呢 真是缘分啊 |
[04:24] | Well, there were 120,000 people at that match, so… | 当时有12万人去看了比赛 所以… |
[04:27] | Yeah, India, right? Everywhere you go, | 印度嘛 对吧 无论去哪里 |
[04:29] | there’s, like, 120,000 people. | 都有大概12万人左右 |
[04:33] | So what do you think of our chances at the World Cup? | 你觉得我们板球世界杯赢的几率如何 |
[04:35] | Ah, World Cup. | 世界杯吗 |
[04:37] | You know, it’ll all depend if Kohli’s batting in form. | 全看科利的打击手感好不好了 |
[04:39] | I know. It doesn’t even matter how many all-rounders you have. | 对啊 无论你队伍里多少全能手都没用 |
[04:42] | Isn’t that the truth? | 可不是嘛 |
[04:43] | You know, I was the best leg spinner in my high school? | 你知道我是我高中最厉害的旋球投手吗 |
[04:46] | Yeah, like, I bowled the meanest googly. | 我投的曲线球最刁钻了 |
[04:48] | Speaking of googlies, I’m gonna go. | 说到曲线球… 我要曲线走人了 |
[04:54] | I’ve been modeling different types of dark matter | 我给不同种的暗物质 |
[04:57] | and the traces they would leave | 以及它们会在你的陨石里的 |
[04:58] | on the zircon inside your meteorite. | 锆石留下的痕迹都建了模 |
[05:00] | What’s this one here? | 这个是什么 |
[05:02] | That’s actually a dark matter model of my own creation. | 是我个人独创的暗物质模型 |
[05:05] | I call it the Cooper boson. | 我取名为库珀玻色子 |
[05:07] | Cool. I got to name a rock once. | 厉害 我也曾有机会给石头命名 |
[05:10] | I named it Moderately Sedimented Shale. | 我取名为中等沉积页岩 |
[05:14] | Guess I kind of pooped the bed on that one. | 那个名字我可能取得挺屎 |
[05:20] | You know, Bert, I’ve got to say, | 伯特 我不得不说 |
[05:22] | this work has been surprisingly engaging. | 这研究出乎意料地让我乐在其中 |
[05:25] | Yeah, it’s pretty cool. | 对啊 其实挺酷的 |
[05:29] | Hello, Amy. | 艾米 |
[05:32] | What do you mean, where am I? | 什么叫我在哪里 |
[05:33] | I’m in my office. | 我在我办公室啊 |
[05:35] | No, I’m at your office and you’re not here. | 才没有 我在你办公室外 你不在 |
[05:39] | I thought I’d surprise you with dinner. | 我本来想给你惊喜 带了晚饭来 |
[05:41] | For future reference, the best surprises | 以后请记得 最好的惊喜 |
[05:43] | are the ones I know about three days in advance. | 是我提前三天就先知情的那种 |
[05:47] | Where are you? | 你到底在哪 |
[05:49] | It’s a surprise. Doesn’t feel so good, does it? | 也是个惊喜 感觉不好受 是吧 |
[05:53] | Well, I have food. | 我有吃的 |
[05:54] | I thought we could eat together, | 我本来是想找你一起吃 |
[05:55] | but I guess if you have other plans… | 但如果你有其他的安排… |
[05:57] | What?! I’m here! | 什么 我在这里啊 |
[06:02] | Exactly where I said I was. | 就在我跟你说的地点 |
[06:05] | Let’s eat. | 开吃吧 |
[06:10] | Hello. | 你们好啊 |
[06:10] | Hey, buddy, what’s up? | 你来啦 怎么了 |
[06:12] | Um, I need to talk to Penny alone. | 我需要跟佩妮单独聊聊 |
[06:20] | What can I do for you? | 有何能为您效劳 |
[06:21] | Just a minute, I want to make sure Leonard can’t hear us. | 稍等一下 我得确定莱纳德听不到 |
[06:24] | I’ve got a box of cupcakes. | 我带了一盒小蛋糕 |
[06:29] | Okay, we’re good. | 没问题了 |
[06:32] | I’m working with Bert, but I don’t want anyone to find out. | 我跟伯特合作了 但我不想别人知道 |
[06:36] | Well, you just told me, so strong start. | 你已经泄露给我了 好的开始啊 |
[06:40] | Penny, this is serious. | 佩妮 事关重大 |
[06:42] | My reputation is on the line. | 我的名誉悬于一线 |
[06:44] | What are people gonna think when they see us collaborating? | 其他人看到我们合作会怎么想啊 |
[06:47] | I don’t know. Poor Bert? | 不知道呢 觉得伯特很可怜吧 |
[06:51] | I am a respected theoretical physicist. | 我是一名德高望重的理论物理学家 |
[06:54] | I aspire to win a Nobel Prize someday. | 我立志有一天得到诺贝尔奖 |
[06:57] | But nobody’s gonna take me seriously | 但要是其他人发现我涉足地质学 |
[06:58] | if they find out I’ve been dabbling in geology. | 就不会把我当回事了 |
[07:01] | Well, why not? They’re both sciences. | 为什么 这两种都是科学啊 |
[07:03] | And I know because they’re classes | 而我会知道是因为 |
[07:04] | my high school counselor said “weren’t for me.” | 我高中的辅导员说这两门课”不适合我” |
[07:10] | They’re very different. | 这两者差别极大 |
[07:11] | Physics answers the question: | 物理学解答了 |
[07:13] | what is the nature of the universe? | 宇宙的本质是什么 |
[07:15] | Geology answers the question: what’d I just trip over? | 地质学解答了 我刚才是被什么绊倒了 |
[07:21] | All right, well, then don’t work with Bert. | 好吧 那就别跟伯特合作呗 |
[07:23] | – Oh, but I like the work. – Then work with him. | -但我喜欢那研究 -那就跟他合作 |
[07:25] | Yeah, but I’m ashamed of the field. | 可我觉得那个领域很丢人 |
[07:26] | – Then don’t work with him. – Yeah, but we could prove dark matter. | -那别合作了 -但我们也许能证明暗物质 |
[07:29] | – Then work with him. – But I just think that people… | -那就合作吧 -但我觉得其他人… |
[07:30] | How many times are you gonna do this? | 我们还得这样来回纠结多少回 |
[07:32] | My record is 14. | 我的记录是14回 |
[07:35] | Okay, this is about science. | 这是跟科学有关的事 |
[07:37] | Why’d you come to me? | 你为什么来问我 |
[07:38] | Well, because it’s also about my reputation. | 因为这也跟我的名誉有关 |
[07:41] | And somehow you manage to hold your head high | 而你尽管有着错综复杂的过去 |
[07:44] | despite your checkered past. | 但现在还依然能保有谜之自信 |
[07:49] | Checkered past? | 错综复杂的过去 |
[07:50] | It’s a figure of speech | 这是个比喻 |
[07:52] | referring to how sexually promiscuous you were. | 形容你以前作风不检点 |
[07:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:57] | Well, I’ve got a figure of speech about | 我也有句比喻 |
[07:59] | how sexually promiscuous you can go be with yourself. | 你可以”去你的”房间跟自己不检点 |
[08:06] | And what is it? | 什么话 |
[08:11] | Look, while Bernadette’s on bed rest, | 在伯纳黛特卧床休息期间 |
[08:12] | we’re gonna have to divide and conquer. | 我们必须分而治之 |
[08:15] | I’ve got one monitor for her, one for the baby. | 这两个监视器一个监视她 一个监视宝宝 |
[08:18] | Which do you want? | 你想要哪个 |
[08:20] | I’ll take the baby. She’s less emasculating. | 我选宝宝的吧 她没那么欺负人 |
[08:24] | Good morning! | 早上好 |
[08:26] | – Scones? – ?Ah, thanks. | -吃司康饼吗 -好啊 谢谢 |
[08:28] | They’re all for you; I already had breakfast at Ruchi’s. | 这是买给你们的 我已经在如琪家吃过早餐了 |
[08:31] | You’re kidding. You slept with her? | 不会吧 你跟她睡了吗 |
[08:33] | Well, there wasn’t a lot of sleeping involved. | 倒是没有多少时间在睡觉啦 |
[08:35] | I mean, she slept, I stayed awake. | 我意思是她睡了 我醒着 |
[08:37] | I was afraid of snoring ’cause I didn’t have my special pillow. | 我怕打呼 因为我没带我的特殊防打鼾枕 |
[08:41] | Howard! | 霍华德 |
[08:42] | Can you help me to the bathroom?! | 过来扶我去洗手间 |
[08:45] | Well, at least the romance is still alive. | 至少我们之间浪漫还没死绝 |
[08:52] | So, you and Ruchi? | 你和如琪啊 |
[08:54] | Yeah, I’m sorry. I know you liked her, too, | 对 抱歉 我知道你也喜欢她 |
[08:56] | but we just bumped into each other last night and hit it off. | 但我们昨晚碰到了 聊出了火花 |
[08:59] | No, that’s fine. | 不 没关系 |
[09:01] | You’re my friend and I’m happy for you. | 你是我的朋友 我为你高兴 |
[09:02] | Oh, thank you, Stuart. | 谢谢你 斯图尔特 |
[09:03] | Plus, I don’t know how you’re gonna screw it up, | 再说了 虽然我还不知道你会怎么搞砸 |
[09:05] | but I know you will. | 但我知道你迟早会搞砸 |
[09:07] | What’s there to screw up? | 有什么好搞砸的 |
[09:09] | She just wants to keep things casual. | 她也只是想随意一点交往 |
[09:10] | Oh, great, that’s how you’re gonna screw it up. | 太好了 这就是你会搞砸的原因 |
[09:13] | Hey, I can be casual. | 我也可以很随意啊 |
[09:16] | I should get a haircut; this thing’s going south fast. | 我得赶紧去理个发 这段关系很快就会玩完 |
[09:21] | So Ruchi and I decided to keep things casual. | 我和如琪决定让感情随意发展 |
[09:27] | What? What? | 怎么了 |
[09:28] | I can handle casual. | 我也可以只动鸡不动心 |
[09:33] | Why do you keep doing that with your face? | 你为什么一直做出那个嘴 |
[09:34] | Because you keep saying stupid things with yours. | 因为你嘴里一直吐出蠢话 |
[09:38] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[09:39] | I’m not great at casual relationships, | 我的确不擅长随意的恋爱关系 |
[09:41] | and I don’t want to scare her off. | 但我不想把她吓跑 |
[09:42] | All right, just give her some space, all right? | 给她一点空间就行了 |
[09:44] | Don’t call, don’t text, don’t e-mail. | 别打电话 别发短信 别发邮件 |
[09:45] | That’s crazy. | 那怎么行 |
[09:47] | What if I see a sunset that reminds me of her? | 要是我看到夕阳想起她时怎么办 |
[09:53] | All right, when do you see her next? | 你们下一次见面是什么时候 |
[09:54] | Uh, we’re having dinner tonight. | 我们今晚一起吃晚餐 |
[09:56] | Okay, put a rubber band around your wrist, | 好 在手腕上绑一根皮筋 |
[09:59] | and any time you start planning your wedding | 每次你开始策划你们的婚礼 |
[10:01] | or naming your children, | 或是给你们的孩子取名时 |
[10:02] | I want you to stab yourself in the hand with a fork. | 你就用叉子扎自己的手 |
[10:10] | What’s the rubber band for? | 那皮筋是用来干嘛的 |
[10:11] | To slow the bleeding. | 用来减缓失血 |
[10:16] | Hey, how’s Bernadette handling bed rest? | 伯纳黛特卧床休息得怎么样了 |
[10:19] | She lies around all day | 她整天都躺在床上 |
[10:20] | eating Mallomars and hollering at me, | 吃吃巧克力 对我大声嚷嚷 |
[10:22] | so her transformation from my wife to my mother is complete. | 她从我老婆转变为我妈的过程已经完成了 |
[10:30] | Congratulations. I know that’s what you were hoping for. | 恭喜 我知道你就盼着这一天 |
[10:36] | Sheldon, you left your jacket in my office last night. | 谢尔顿 你昨晚把外套落在我办公室了 |
[10:38] | Uh, oh. No-no, I didn’t. | 我没有 我才没有 |
[10:40] | That’s-that’s not my jacket. | 那外套都不是我的 |
[10:41] | Then why does it say, | 那上面怎么写着 |
[10:42] | “Property of S. Cooper. Stop touching it”? | “谢·库珀所有物 别碰” |
[10:46] | It sounds like someone named Scooper | 听起来某个叫谢库珀的人 |
[10:47] | doesn’t want you touching his jacket. | 不希望你碰他的外套 |
[10:51] | Are you guys working together on that meteorite project? | 你们是在合作研究那个陨石项目吗 |
[10:54] | Yes, fine, you found me out. | 是的 好吧 被你们发现了 |
[10:56] | I’m doing geology. | 我现在玩地质学了 |
[10:58] | Just, please, don’t tell anyone. | 拜托千万别说出去 |
[11:00] | Are you embarrassed of me? | 你觉得我很丢人吗 |
[11:02] | Oh, no, no, no, not you. | 不不不 不是你 |
[11:04] | No, just the work that you’ve devoted your entire life to. | 只是你毕生所投身于的研究事业丢人 |
[11:08] | If you’re ashamed to be working with me, | 如果你觉得和我合作很丢人 |
[11:10] | then I don’t want to work with you. | 那我也不想和你合作 |
[11:14] | Sheldon, that was pretty rude. | 谢尔顿 刚才真的很过分 |
[11:16] | Well, what do you expect? He’s a geologist. | 他过分不很正常吗 毕竟是个地质学家 |
[11:24] | This place seems nice. | 这地方挺高级的 |
[11:25] | Uh, but not too nice. | 也不算很高级 |
[11:27] | Yelp called it “Good for groups.” | 点评网说这儿”适合聚会” |
[11:30] | Would you care to buy the lady a…? | 你想为这位女士买… |
[11:32] | No! Get out of here! | 不要 走开 |
[11:36] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[11:37] | I just, I hate when someone assumes two people are dating | 我很讨厌有人擅自认为别人在交往 |
[11:40] | just because they look like | 就因为他们看起来 |
[11:41] | they would make beautiful babies together. | 能制造出可爱美丽的宝宝 |
[11:44] | Are you sure you’re okay with this? | 你确定你能接受这样的关系吗 |
[11:46] | Honestly, Ruchi, I don’t have a lot of experience | 老实说 如琪 我在随意的男女关系这方面 |
[11:49] | with casual relationships. | 经验不多 |
[11:50] | I have some experience with serious relationships | 我在认真的男女关系方面略有经验 |
[11:53] | and a ton of experience with no relationships. | 在没有男女关系方面经验超多 |
[11:58] | You’re funny. | 你真幽默 |
[11:59] | Glad it came off that way. | 很庆幸你能这么解读 |
[12:02] | Uh, so tell me about your day. | 说说你今天过得怎么样 |
[12:04] | How’s work going? | 工作进行得如何 |
[12:06] | Well, I spent the morning reviewing side effects for our fungal cream, | 我一早上都在研究那款真菌乳膏的副作用 |
[12:09] | so it was a lot of ooze and pus. | 看了很多流脓和分泌物 |
[12:12] | ♪ Almost paradise ♪ | ♪ 宛如天堂 ♪ |
[12:15] | ♪ We are knocking on heaven’s door ♪ | ♪ 天堂之门我们触手可及 ♪ |
[12:19] | ♪ Almost paradise ♪ | ♪ 宛如天堂 ♪ |
[12:21] | And then I had to catalog it | 然后我得把它们归类 |
[12:25] | by color, viscosity | 按照颜色 黏度 |
[12:29] | and percentage of blood. | 以及血液百分比 |
[12:38] | Sounds wonderful. | 听起来很美妙 |
[12:47] | What you got there? | 那是什么 |
[12:50] | A rock. | 一块石头 |
[12:53] | Did some mean boys throw it at you? | 是某个恶毒的小男孩砸你的吗 |
[12:57] | It turns out I’m the mean boy. | 事实证明我才是那个恶毒的小男孩 |
[12:59] | Although I did drop it on my own foot, so kind of. | 不过我的确有砸到自己的脚 所以你没说错 |
[13:04] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[13:06] | What if there was something I wanted to do, | 如果我想做一件事 |
[13:09] | but I was worried other people would think less of me? | 但又怕别人会看不起我 怎么办 |
[13:12] | Is that other person me, and does it happen in the bedroom, | 如果别人是指我 而你想做的是卧室中的事 |
[13:15] | in which case I think I’m cool with it? | 那我觉得放马过来 |
[13:21] | No. | 不是 |
[13:24] | It’s about working with Bert on… | 我是指和伯特一起… |
[13:26] | You know what? I’m not even gonna say it. | 算了 我都说不出口 |
[13:28] | I am just gonna say the letter it starts with | 我就小小地透露一下这个词的第一个字 |
[13:30] | and “Ology.” | 和最后一个字”学” |
[13:32] | “G”– Oh, no, that’s not gonna work. | “地” 哎呀 我都剧透完了 |
[13:36] | Geology? | 地质学吗 |
[13:37] | Yes. But we parted ways | 没错 但我们散伙了 |
[13:40] | because I was worried about my reputation. | 因为我担心自己的名誉受损 |
[13:43] | Sheldon, you’ve never cared what people thought, | 谢尔顿 你从来都没在意过别人的看法 |
[13:46] | even when you really, really should. | 即使在你真的应该在意的时候 |
[13:51] | That dinner with my parents comes to mind. | 比如上次和我父母吃饭的时候 |
[13:54] | If I’m not gonna use “Your momma” jokes | 如果和你妈见面时 |
[13:56] | when I meet your mother, why’d I bother to learn them? | 不能开”你老母”的玩笑 那我去学了干嘛 |
[14:02] | I’m just saying, if you think the work is interesting, | 我只是想说 如果你觉得项目有趣 |
[14:06] | nothing else should matter. | 那就不需要考虑其他的事情 |
[14:09] | You’re right, Amy. | 你说得对 艾米 |
[14:11] | That is sage advice. | 这真是金玉良言 |
[14:13] | Which is surprising, considering your momma is so dumb, she… | 真是神奇 毕竟你老母那么笨… |
[14:16] | Nope. | 滚 |
[14:21] | She studied for a urine test. | 笨到尿液”测验”都得读书 |
[14:28] | I was supposed to go back to India and get married, | 我本来应该回印度结婚的 |
[14:31] | but I realized it wasn’t what I wanted. | 但我意识到这不是我想要的 |
[14:33] | So I called off the engagement and moved out here. | 所以我取消了订婚 搬到了这里 |
[14:36] | Well, if he wasn’t your soul mate, he wasn’t your soul mate. | 如果他不是你的灵魂伴侣 那他就不是对的人 |
[14:38] | Oh, God, please tell me you’re not one of those. | 天啊 拜托你千万不要是那种人 |
[14:42] | One of whats? | 哪种人 |
[14:44] | I want to say teenage girls, but that sounds mean. | 我想说少女心的小女孩 但好像太毒了 |
[14:48] | Come on, you don’t believe that everyone has one perfect match? | 你不相信每个人都有命中注定的另一半吗 |
[14:51] | Of course not. That’s ridiculous. | 当然不信了 太荒唐了 |
[14:54] | I mean, what if your soul mate lived halfway across the world? | 万一你的灵魂伴侣住在地球的另一半呢 |
[14:56] | You’d never meet. | 那你就永远见不到了 |
[14:57] | Yes, you would. | 你当然能见到 |
[14:58] | I can give you, like, 20 examples | 我可以给你随便举20个例子 |
[15:00] | where that happened to Kate Hudson alone. | 那还只是发生在凯特·哈德森一个人身上的 |
[15:03] | You know what? | 算了吧 |
[15:04] | People get upset when I talk about this. | 每次我说起这个 都会惹别人不高兴 |
[15:06] | Let’s just change the subject. | 我们还是换个话题吧 |
[15:07] | No, no, no. No, it’s-it’s fine. | 不不不 没关系 |
[15:09] | Are you saying that you don’t believe two people fall in love? | 所以你不相信两个人会真心相爱吗 |
[15:13] | Of course they do. | 他们当然会啊 |
[15:14] | It’s just that what people call “Love” | 只不过人们所谓的”爱” |
[15:15] | is actually a series of biochemical reactions | 其实是大脑中的一系列化学反应作祟 |
[15:17] | in the brain that fade over time. | 会随着时间流逝而消逝 |
[15:21] | Yes. Like the old song, | 没错 就像那首老歌唱的 |
[15:23] | “When a man has a biochemical reaction for a woman.” | “当男人化学反应上女人” |
[15:27] | Raj, we’re scientists. | 拉杰 我们都是科学家 |
[15:29] | We don’t need to feel threatened just because we understand | 就算我们了解恋爱产生的机制 |
[15:31] | the mechanisms that give rise to romantic feelings. | 我们也不需要觉得害怕 |
[15:34] | It doesn’t take anything away from the experience. | 这对恋爱的体验没有任何的影响 |
[15:37] | Yes, it does. | 当然有影响了 |
[15:38] | Actually, it takes everything away from it. | 老实说 这完全毁掉了恋爱的感觉 |
[15:40] | Love isn’t just science. | 爱情不仅仅是科学 |
[15:42] | Okay? It’s-it’s spiritual. | 它更是精神上的 |
[15:44] | It’s an acknowledgment of a mystery | 那是一种令人捉摸不定的 |
[15:46] | that’s greater than ourselves. | 神秘体验 |
[15:47] | It’s what makes people write songs and poems, | 是爱让人们吟诗颂曲 |
[15:50] | and what has kept The Bachelor on TV for 21 magical seasons. | 让《黄金单身汉》真人秀精彩了21季 |
[15:55] | Don’t you think the fact that love is given away as a prize | 你不认为在游戏节目中把爱作为奖品送出去 |
[15:58] | on a game show slightly undermines your argument? | 正好削弱了你的观点吗 |
[16:01] | Uh, yes. | 没错 |
[16:02] | But I’ve never missed an episode, | 但我一集都没落下 |
[16:04] | and I dare science to explain that. | 你能用科学解释这件事吗 |
[16:10] | Bert. | 伯特 |
[16:11] | Bert, Bert. | 伯特 伯特 |
[16:13] | Bert, Bert, Bert. | 伯特 伯特 伯特 |
[16:16] | What do you want, Sheldon? | 你想干嘛 谢尔顿 |
[16:17] | I would like us to work together again. | 我希望咱们能重新一起工作 |
[16:20] | I promise to keep my geology comments to myself, | 我保证不再乱发表地质学的言论 |
[16:23] | because while some of them are funny, all of them are mean. | 因为这些言论都太过分了 虽然有些很好笑 |
[16:29] | Well, this is awkward. | 这下尴尬了 |
[16:37] | Leonard, what are you doing here? | 莱纳德 你在这里干什么 |
[16:39] | Bert asked for my help. | 伯特找了我帮忙 |
[16:40] | Yeah, he’s an excellent scientist, | 他是一个优秀的科学家 |
[16:42] | and he doesn’t tell me what time I can go to the bathroom. | 也不规定我上厕所的时间 |
[16:47] | It’s called bladder training. | 我那是膀胱训练 |
[16:48] | When you’re in your 80s, you’ll thank me for it. | 等你到了80岁 你会感谢我的 |
[16:51] | Look, Sheldon, you were a jerk to Bert, | 听着 谢尔顿 你对伯特不好 |
[16:54] | and he walked away from you. | 所以他不和你玩了 |
[16:55] | So I feel like there’s a lot he could teach me. | 我觉得我可以向他好好讨教一番 |
[16:59] | Bert, please. | 伯特 拜托 |
[17:01] | I know I behaved poorly in the past, | 我知道自己之前表现不太好 |
[17:03] | but things will be different this time. | 但这次我保证会有所改变 |
[17:05] | You’ll see. | 你会看到的 |
[17:06] | Come on, let me in. | 拜托 让我进来吧 |
[17:11] | We’ll have some laughs, | 我们会一起欢笑 |
[17:13] | we’ll calculate some isotope ratios. | 一起计算同位素比值 |
[17:19] | I’m sorry, Sheldon. | 抱歉 谢尔顿 |
[17:24] | So you just shut the door in his face? | 你就这样让他吃闭门羹吗 |
[17:26] | I got to start writing this stuff down. | 我得开始记录下你的招数了 |
[17:31] | I mean, Ruchi’s nice. | 虽然如琪是个好人 |
[17:33] | We’re just so different. | 但我俩太不同了 |
[17:34] | I know. Sometimes when you’re dating, | 我懂你 有时候跟别人交往 |
[17:36] | you meet weird people. | 都会碰到奇奇怪怪的人 |
[17:37] | I once met a girl who didn’t like juggling. | 我还交往过不喜欢看人杂耍的女孩呢 |
[17:40] | And she still doesn’t. | 她现在依旧不喜欢 |
[17:45] | So you’re not gonna see her again? | 所以你们不会再见面了吗 |
[17:46] | What’s the point? | 还有什么意义啊 |
[17:47] | We’re never gonna be in a real relationship. | 我俩永远不会真正谈恋爱 |
[17:49] | Right, so you’ll only be in a physical one? | 所以你俩只能是肉体关系吗 |
[17:52] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[17:52] | Why would I want to spend time with someone like that? | 我干嘛和那种人耗费时间 |
[17:54] | Someone who is just interested in sex? | 那种只对滚床单有兴趣的人吗 |
[17:58] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[18:00] | – Raj, do you real… ?- Whoa, hold on. | -拉杰 你好好… -等一下 |
[18:01] | Give him a chance. He’s gonna get this. | 给他一点时间 他会想通的 |
[18:06] | I don’t think he is. | 我觉得他不会 |
[18:09] | What is there to get? | 有什么可想的 |
[18:10] | She doesn’t want to fall in love. | 她不想和人坠入爱河 |
[18:12] | At that point, | 这样的话 |
[18:12] | all we are is two single people | 我们就只是两个单身人士 |
[18:14] | who find each other attractive and enjoy having– | 互相觉得对方有魅力 也喜欢做… |
[18:16] | Oh, got to go! | 我得走了 |
[18:23] | So how was your night with Ruchi? | 你和如琪昨晚如何 |
[18:24] | Oh, great. | 很好 |
[18:25] | We ordered in some food, we had sex, I left. | 我们点了外卖 滚了床单 然后拍屁股走人 |
[18:28] | I didn’t even ask if she enjoyed it. | 我甚至不用问她爽不爽 |
[18:32] | I can field that one for her. | 这道题我可以替她回答了 |
[18:35] | I mean, I did get a little misty when we said good-bye, | 我道别时的确有点小哽咽 |
[18:38] | but I played it off as allergies. | 不过我假装自己过敏了 |
[18:39] | I don’t know if she bought it. | 不知道她相信没 |
[18:41] | Again, I know. | 再一次 我知道答案 |
[18:45] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[18:47] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[18:48] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |