| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | It feels like it wasn’t that long ago | 感觉没多久之前 | 
| [00:04] | we were here doing this for Halley. | 我们才来这里为哈雷做产检啊 | 
| [00:06] | ‘Cause it wasn’t. | 因为真的没多久 | 
| [00:10] | Which reminds me, before we leave, | 感谢你提醒我 在我们走之前 | 
| [00:11] | let’s get you a vasectomy. | 先把你结扎了 | 
| [00:15] | Oh, that’s sweet, but today is all about you. | 真有心 但今天你才是主角 | 
| [00:20] | So, you two ready to find out the sex of this baby? | 你们俩准备好知道孩子的性别了吗 | 
| [00:22] | – Yeah. – Absolutely. | -是的 -当然 | 
| [00:24] | Is Halley hoping for a little brother or a little sister? | 哈雷是想要个弟弟还是妹妹呢 | 
| [00:28] | Well, she’s nine months old, | 她才九个月大 | 
| [00:29] | so unless it jingles or is in my bra, she doesn’t care. | 只对会丁当响 或我胸罩里的玩意感兴趣 | 
| [00:33] | And how about you two? | 那你们俩呢 | 
| [00:36] | You know, for the first one, we really wanted a girl, | 第一胎的时候 我们很想要个女孩 | 
| [00:39] | but this time around, we don’t have a preference. | 但这一次 我们无所谓了 | 
| [00:42] | Yeah. Boy, girl, as long as it’s healthy. | 是啊 男孩女孩 只要健康就好 | 
| [00:45] | Well, it’s a boy. | 是个男孩 | 
| [00:52] | Come on, you can’t really be disappointed. | 不是吧 你们不是真的失望吧 | 
| [00:55] | Hey, I barely know how to be a man myself. | 我自己都当不好一个男人了 | 
| [00:57] | Now I have to teach someone? | 现在还得教别人吗 | 
| [00:59] | As the saying goes, those who can’t do, teach. | 常言道”没能力的 就去教人” | 
| [01:04] | Don’t you want a little version of Howard? | 你不想要个孩子版的霍华德吗 | 
| [01:06] | I already have a little version of Howard. | 我已经有个孩子版的霍华德了 | 
| [01:10] | Now I’m having a son? | 我现在要有儿子了 | 
| [01:12] | I’ll have to teach him how to play sports, | 我得教他各种体育运动 | 
| [01:15] | and-and watch sports | 还得带他看体育比赛 | 
| [01:17] | and-and-and-and-and-and… | 然后… 然后… 然后… | 
| [01:20] | He just ran out of man things. He’s in trouble. | 他碰到瓶颈 想不出还有什么爷们的事了 | 
| [01:25] | It’s okay. We’re all here to help. | 没事啊 我们都会帮忙你 | 
| [01:27] | Yes. And this baby will have plenty of manly role models. | 对啊 这孩子会有许多很爷们的榜样 | 
| [01:31] | Now, I’m certain that whatever Bernadette can’t teach him, | 我很确定伯纳黛特教不了他的东西 | 
| [01:33] | Penny can. | 佩妮能教 | 
| [01:37] | Uh, she can pee into a bottle. | 她能尿进瓶子里呢 | 
| [01:39] | Anything with a neck wider than a nickel. | 只要瓶口大过硬币就行 | 
| [01:43] | Howie, there’s a lot of amazing things you can teach a son. | 华仔 你有很多能教我们孩子的事情啊 | 
| [01:46] | Yeah. You do always know how to pick just the right antacid. | 对啊 比如你总是能选出最合适的抑酸剂 | 
| [01:51] | I don’t know if I can teach that. | 我不知道这个能否传承 | 
| [01:53] | It’s just something I was born with. | 这是我与生俱来的天赋 | 
| [01:56] | Come on. You can build things. | 打起精神来嘛 你还会造东西啊 | 
| [01:57] | You were an astronaut. | 你还曾是个宇航员 | 
| [01:59] | That’s true. | 这倒是 | 
| [02:00] | You know, as a kid, I used to make model rockets. | 我小时候就曾经搭过火箭模型 | 
| [02:03] | That’d be pretty cool to do with a son. | 估计跟儿子一起搭还挺不错 | 
| [02:04] | Model rockets. Finally, something interesting. | 火箭模型 终于聊到点有意思的了 | 
| [02:08] | What is your preferred mode of recovery? | 你倾向用何种方式回收火箭呢 | 
| [02:11] | Sheldon, we’re helping our friends. | 谢尔顿 现在是在帮忙我们的朋友 | 
| [02:13] | And we got to model rockets, yeah? | 然后聊到了火箭模型不是吗 | 
| [02:16] | It was a tedious road, but well worth the effort. | 虽然路程索然无味 但皇天不负有心人 | 
| [02:20] | – So, have you thought of any names? – Amy. | -你们帮他想好名字了吗 -艾米 | 
| [02:22] | We finally got to model rockets. | 我们终于聊到了火箭模型 | 
| [02:23] | Why are you turning back? | 你干嘛把话题又转回去 | 
| [02:52] | Hey, where are you going? | 你要去哪里 | 
| [02:52] | Back to the dry cleaner. Look at this. | 回去干洗店 你看这个 | 
| [02:54] | They didn’t get the stain out of my Starfleet uniform. | 我星际舰队的制服没洗干净 | 
| [02:57] | Well, if you didn’t make me wear the green body paint in bed, | 要不是你整天让我涂绿漆再穿它跟你上床 | 
| [03:00] | you wouldn’t have to get it dry-cleaned so much. | 你也不用常常拿去让人干洗了 | 
| [03:04] | Nah, it’s worth it. | 没事 值得 | 
| [03:07] | Hey, wait, it’s your mom. | 等等 是你妈妈打来 | 
| [03:09] | Oh, too bad. She just missed me! | 太遗憾 她错过我了 | 
| [03:15] | Hey, Beverly. | 你好啊 贝弗利 | 
| [03:16] | Oh, hello, Penny. | 你好啊 佩妮 | 
| [03:17] | Uh, Leonard just left. | 莱纳德刚走 | 
| [03:19] | He’s gonna be so upset he mssed your call. | 他要知道错过了你电话 一定会很难过 | 
| [03:21] | Why? | 怎么会 | 
| [03:24] | Because he… | 因为他… | 
| [03:25] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 | 
| [03:26] | How are you? | 你最近好吗 | 
| [03:28] | Did you mean personally or professionally? | 你是指个人方面还是工作上 | 
| [03:31] | Um, personally? | 个人方面 | 
| [03:32] | Like, what’d you do last night? | 比如你昨晚干嘛了 | 
| [03:34] | I had Cuban food at the home of a man | 我去了一个男人家 跟他吃了古巴菜 | 
| [03:36] | with whom I shared unsatisfying intercourse. | 但跟他的性爱却令我十分不满 | 
| [03:42] | Wow. Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [03:47] | And to anticipate your next questions, | 我掐指一算你的下一个问题 | 
| [03:49] | roasted pork and sideways missionary. | 答案是烤猪肉与侧身传教士式 | 
| [03:55] | Sure. Sure. ‘Cause you were full. | 当然 不意外 毕竟你们吃很饱 | 
| [04:01] | I haven’t looked at all this stuff in years. | 我多少年没看过这些东西了 | 
| [04:04] | Had it. | 我也有 | 
| [04:05] | Had it. | 我也有 | 
| [04:06] | Burnt down my garage with it. | 我家车库烧了全靠它 | 
| [04:09] | I had three model rockets as a kid, | 我小时候有过三个火箭模型 | 
| [04:11] | and that was the largest space program in India. | 那是印度最大的三个太空计划了 | 
| [04:15] | You have a replica Saturn V? | 你居然有土星五号火箭的模型吗 | 
| [04:17] | Yeah. My dad bought it before he, you know, | 对啊 我爸在他… 你懂的 | 
| [04:21] | abandoned our family. | 抛妻弃子前买给我的 | 
| [04:23] | Lucky duck. | 你可真幸福 | 
| [04:26] | Could never bring myself to open it without him. | 一直不想在没有他的情况下拆开 | 
| [04:29] | It’s silly. | 真傻 | 
| [04:31] | No, it’s not silly. | 一点都不傻啊 | 
| [04:32] | I always wanted my dad to build rockets with me, | 我也一直想要我爸爸跟我一起做火箭模型 | 
| [04:34] | but he wasn’t interested. | 可是他没兴趣 | 
| [04:36] | Ah, yes, disappointing fathers. | 是啊 令人失望的父亲们 | 
| [04:38] | Tell me about it. | 我也有同感 | 
| [04:39] | I remember for my 16th birthday, my dad bought me a Mercedes. | 我还记得我16岁生日 我爸给我买了奔驰 | 
| [04:43] | Like, a little one, like a starter Mercedes. | 那种小台 入门款的奔驰而已 | 
| [04:47] | He had barely handed me the keys | 他前脚刚把车钥匙给我 | 
| [04:48] | before he had to rush back to work. | 后脚就得赶去上班 | 
| [04:50] | I didn’t see him again till, like, | 我就再也没见过他… | 
| [04:52] | pretty late that night. | 那天一直到深夜他才回来 | 
| [04:57] | Anyway… | 言归正传 | 
| [05:00] | …as angry as I was with him leaving, | 虽然我对他的离去还有怨气 | 
| [05:03] | building this stuff is probably what led me | 但我大概就是因为搭过这些模型 | 
| [05:05] | to become an engineer. | 才去当了工程师 | 
| [05:07] | I suppose, in his own way, | 我想我爸爸也是 | 
| [05:09] | my dad also encouraged me to pursue science. | 用了他自己的方法鼓励我追求科学 | 
| [05:12] | I mean, he is the one that taught me | 比如就是他教了我 | 
| [05:13] | that flatulence is combustible. | 原来屁是可燃的 | 
| [05:17] | And also, polyester gym shorts don’t burn. | 还有 涤纶运动短裤不会烧起来 | 
| [05:21] | They melt. | 而是会融化 | 
| [05:23] | Yeah, I guess I’m an astrophysicist because, | 是啊 我想我会成为天体物理学家 | 
| [05:26] | as a kid, I said I like to look at the stars, | 也是因为小时候 我说我想看星星 | 
| [05:28] | so my dad sent me to Hawaii to visit the Keck telescope. | 所以我爸送我去夏威夷参观凯克望远镜 | 
| [05:28] | 夏威夷凯克天文台的凯克望远镜 是世界上口径第二大的光学/近红外线望远镜 | |
| [05:34] | Screw you. My pain is real. | 去你们的 哥的苦你们不懂 | 
| [05:40] | You know what? Forget the past. | 其实呢 忘了那些往事吧 | 
| [05:43] | What do you say you and me build this rocket? | 我们俩一起来搭这个火箭模型如何 | 
| [05:46] | That sounds like it could be a real bonding experience for us. | 感觉会成为我们俩真正交心的一次机会 | 
| [05:49] | Right? | 对吧 | 
| [05:51] | Oh, I see. | 我懂了 | 
| [05:51] | Oh, you think that’s a positive. | 你觉得这是一件好事 | 
| [05:58] | So, you don’t want to hang out with Sheldon and Howard? | 所以你不想跟谢尔顿与霍华德玩了吗 | 
| [06:00] | No, they were bonding over their sad childhoods, | 他们因为可怜的童年而聊得来 | 
| [06:03] | and my stupid parents were always there for me. | 而我的臭爸妈却从小在我身旁支持我 | 
| [06:08] | What’s all this? | 这些是什么 | 
| [06:09] | I’m just boxing up all the clothes Halley’s outgrown. | 我在把哈雷穿不下的衣服装箱收起来 | 
| [06:11] | Guess we won’t need them anymore. | 以后估计是用不到了 | 
| [06:13] | Oh, well, slow down. | 别着急 | 
| [06:14] | I’m sure there’s some you could reuse for a boy. | 里面有一部分男孩也能穿的吧 | 
| [06:18] | Daddy’s little girl? | 爸爸的小女孩吗 | 
| [06:20] | Okay, well, what if we, uh, change it to say, | 好吧 但如果我们把他改成… | 
| [06:23] | Daddy’s little girl magnet? | 爸爸的小女孩杀手 | 
| [06:25] | Boom! Boy shirt. | 你看 小帅哥就能穿啦 | 
| [06:29] | What about this? | 这件呢 | 
| [06:30] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 | 
| [06:31] | Uh, pull off the skirt, slap a lightning bolt on the front, | 把裙子部分去掉 在前胸加个闪电的符号 | 
| [06:34] | and you got baby Flash. | 就成了闪电侠宝宝 | 
| [06:36] | Stick a long sleeve under it. | 在底下加长袖 | 
| [06:38] | Boom! Baby Sheldon. | 你看 就成了谢尔顿宝宝 | 
| [06:42] | Wow, you’re really good at this. | 你很在行嘛 | 
| [06:44] | Oh, please. | 拜托 | 
| [06:45] | This isn’t my first time turning girl clothes into boy clothes. | 我也不是第一次把女娃装改成男娃装了 | 
| [06:50] | Why? You got your sister’s hand-me-downs? | 怎么 你小时候也穿过姐姐的二手衣吗 | 
| [06:52] | Yeah, that. | 就当是吧 | 
| [06:59] | Oh. I should’ve brought peanuts. | 我应该带点花生的 | 
| [07:01] | You can’t eat peanuts. You’re allergic. | 你又不能吃花生 你会过敏 | 
| [07:04] | If you die, who’s going to drive me home? | 你要是死了 谁开车送我回家呢 | 
| [07:07] | I’m not gonna eat them. | 我不会吃的 | 
| [07:08] | It’s a thing they do at JPL. | 这是喷气推进实验室做会的事 | 
| [07:08] | 美国国家航空航天局的一个下属机构 负责开发与管理无人空间探测任务 | |
| [07:10] | When the Ranger mission finally had a successful launch, | 当徘徊者号终于成功发射的那一次 | 
| [07:10] | 美国在1960年代进行的无人太空任务 发射过9次 只成功过5次 | |
| [07:12] | there were peanuts in the room. | 控制中心就有花生 | 
| [07:13] | Ever since then, they have them at every launch. | 从那时起 每次发射都会摆上花生 | 
| [07:16] | That sounds like a silly superstition. | 听起来是很白痴的封建迷信 | 
| [07:19] | It’s more of a tradition. | 应该说是传统 | 
| [07:21] | Oh! I do love a tradition. | 传统我倒是很喜欢 | 
| [07:24] | Could you pull over at the next peanut store? | 下一家花生店你能不能靠边停一下 | 
| [07:28] | I don’t think that’s a real thing. | 没有这种店吧 | 
| [07:30] | Oh, don’t be pedantic. | 脑筋怎么转不过来弯呢 | 
| [07:31] | Any nut store will do. | 随便一家坚果店都行啊 | 
| [07:34] | I-I don’t think we can get peanuts out here. | 这附近应该没有卖花生的 | 
| [07:37] | Ah, well, then this whole day’s ruined. | 好吧 那今天就毁了 | 
| [07:41] | Now that I think about it, maybe it is more of a superstition. | 现在想想 其实这更应该只是迷信 | 
| [07:44] | Whew! That was close. | 那好险啊 | 
| [07:55] | Oh, uh, hey, Beverly, you called my phone, not Leonard’s. | 贝弗利 你打的是我手机 不是莱纳德的 | 
| [07:58] | Actually, I was hoping to speak with you. | 其实我是想和你聊聊 | 
| [08:01] | Is this a good time? | 现在方便吗 | 
| [08:03] | Uh, that depends. | 看情况 | 
| [08:05] | What time is it where you are? | 你那边现在几点 | 
| [08:06] | Uh, just after 5:00. | 下午刚过5点 | 
| [08:08] | Yeah, that counts. | 好吧 那也作数 | 
| [08:10] | What’s up? | 有什么事 | 
| [08:13] | Well, I enjoyed our conversation the other day, | 我挺享受我们前几天的对话 | 
| [08:16] | and I was hoping to continue it. | 希望能继续 | 
| [08:18] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [08:19] | Uh, yes. You may find this surprising, | 真的 你可能会感到意外 | 
| [08:21] | but I don’t have a lot of what you would call girlfriends. | 但其实我没有很多所谓的”闺蜜” | 
| [08:25] | What? | 不会吧 | 
| [08:29] | Of course, there are my female colleagues, | 当然 我是有些女同事 | 
| [08:32] | but, uh, they’re all Freudians, | 不过她们都是弗洛伊德学派的 | 
| [08:34] | so the only boy that I can dish about is my father. | 所以我能和她们抱怨的男人就只有我父亲 | 
| [08:44] | Uh, well, you know, I’m here for you. | 好吧 我随时奉陪 | 
| [08:45] | What do you want to talk about? | 你想聊什么 | 
| [08:46] | Well, last time, we focused on my life. | 上次我们主要聊了我的生活 | 
| [08:50] | If we’re going to be real girlfriends, | 如果我们要当真正的闺蜜 | 
| [08:51] | we should talk about you as well. | 也应该聊聊你的生活 | 
| [08:53] | Well, you know, if we’re gonna be real girlfriends, | 如果我们要当真正的闺蜜 | 
| [08:56] | we should get a third girl we can trash behind her back. | 就应该再找个女生加入 才能在背后说她坏话 | 
| [09:00] | Oh, so we’d be catty. | 那我们就是阴损姐妹喵 | 
| [09:03] | Oh, I like it. | 我喜欢 | 
| [09:05] | What about Sheldon’s fiance? | 谢尔顿的未婚妻怎么样 | 
| [09:07] | She seems a bit dour. | 她好像挺死气沉沉的 | 
| [09:11] | Ooh, dour? Meow. | 死气沉沉吗 毒喵啊 | 
| [09:19] | All right. | 好了 | 
| [09:20] | Here we go. | 来吧 | 
| [09:21] | L-minus ten, nine… | 准备发射 十 九 | 
| [09:24] | Wait, what are you doing? It’s T-minus? | 等等 你这是干什么 应该说”发射倒计时” | 
| [09:26] | I was an astronaut. We used L-minus. | 我曾是宇航员 我们的用语是”准备发射” | 
| [09:29] | But this is a Saturn V, | 可这模型是土星五号 | 
| [09:30] | and when they launched those, they said T-minus? | 当年发射这种火箭时 是说倒计时 | 
| [09:32] | It’s my rocket! We’re doing it my way. | 这是我的火箭 我说了算 | 
| [09:36] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [09:39] | I’m not saying I know why your dad left, | 我并不知道你父亲当年离开的原因 | 
| [09:41] | but I think I’m getting an idea. | 不过我好像有点头绪了 | 
| [09:45] | L-minus | 准备发射 | 
| [09:46] | ten, nine, eight, | 十 九 八 | 
| [09:48] | seven, six… | 七 六 | 
| [09:49] | ‘Cause you’re kind of bossy. | 因为你挺霸道的 | 
| [09:53] | …five, four, three, two, | 五 四 三 二 | 
| [09:56] | one… | 一 | 
| [10:03] | I remember them going up higher. | 我记得它们能飞更高啊 | 
| [10:10] | Well, that’s perfect. | 这下好了 | 
| [10:11] | I mean, the one thing I thought I could do with my son, | 我唯一一件以为能和儿子一起做的事 | 
| [10:14] | I can’t even do that right. | 我都做不好 | 
| [10:15] | Well, if you want to see it again, I got it on video. | 你要是想再看一遍 我录了视频 | 
| [10:19] | Looks pretty cool in slow motion. | 用慢镜播放看起来还挺酷的 | 
| [10:22] | Thank you for your support. | 谢谢你的支持 | 
| [10:24] | – You’re welcome. – I was being sarcastic. | -不客气 -我是在说反话 | 
| [10:26] | How dare you! | 你好大的胆 | 
| [10:30] | Sheldon, what am I gonna do? | 谢尔顿 我该怎么办 | 
| [10:32] | I mean, what do I know about raising a boy? | 我哪懂该如何养育男孩子 | 
| [10:37] | What do you know about raising a girl? | 难道你懂该如何养育女孩子吗 | 
| [10:41] | Oh, my God, you’re right. | 天啊 你说得对 | 
| [10:45] | Well, I don’t know if that was sarcasm or not. | 我不知道你这话是不是讽刺 | 
| [10:47] | So, either you’re welcome, or hey! | 所以 要么不客气 要么你讨厌 | 
| [10:59] | Leonard, did you really just text me from the couch | 莱纳德 你不是真的从沙发那发短信 | 
| [11:01] | to put extra mustard on your sandwich? | 叫我给你的三明治多放点黄芥末吧 | 
| [11:05] | I was worried you might not check your e-mail. | 我还担心你可能不会看手机呢 | 
| [11:10] | I swear to God, I will throw this out. | 我发誓 我会把三明治扔了 | 
| [11:12] | That one was not me. | 这条不是我发的 | 
| [11:14] | Oh, wait, it was just your mom. | 等等 是你妈 | 
| [11:16] | My mother’s texting you? | 我妈给你发短信吗 | 
| [11:18] | Yeah. We’ve been talking a lot lately. | 是啊 最近我们常聊天 | 
| [11:20] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [11:22] | She sick of talking to the magic mirror on the wall? | 坏皇后跟墙上的魔镜聊腻了吗 | 
| [11:27] | No, I think she’s lonely. | 不是啦 我觉得她寂寞了 | 
| [11:28] | She’s been reaching out. | 她最近常找我聊 | 
| [11:30] | Okay, just be careful. | 好吧 小心点 | 
| [11:33] | You think you’re getting close to her, | 你以为自己和她更亲近了 | 
| [11:35] | and the next thing you know, you’re featured in a book | 殊不知下一刻 你就被写进书里 | 
| [11:37] | called He’s Doing It On Purpose: Raising a Teenage Bed-Wetter. | 书名叫《他是故意的: 尿床的青少年养育记》 | 
| [11:42] | No, it’s not like that. | 不是那样的 | 
| [11:44] | You know, she’s been opening up about her life, | 她最近常分享她的生活 | 
| [11:46] | and she’s actually been really supportive about mine. | 而且对我的生活也给予很多支持 | 
| [11:49] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 | 
| [11:50] | I’ve been telling her about my job, | 我跟她说了我工作的事 | 
| [11:51] | and she said she was proud of me. | 她说她为我感到骄傲 | 
| [11:54] | Well, that’s great. | 真好 | 
| [11:58] | Never told me she was proud of me. | 她从没说过为我感到骄傲 | 
| [12:02] | Even when I stayed dry for a whole month. | 哪怕我有一整个月都没尿床 | 
| [12:07] | Do you not want me to be friends with your mom? | 你不希望我和你妈做朋友吗 | 
| [12:09] | Well, let’s be clear. | 我们把话说清楚 | 
| [12:10] | I-I married you to hurt her. | 我娶你是为了伤害她 | 
| [12:17] | You’re kind of ruining it. | 这乐趣现在要被你毁了 | 
| [12:21] | Reason number 13 to feel good: | 开心的第13个理由 | 
| [12:24] | as a launch, it was bad, | 作为一次发射 很失败 | 
| [12:26] | but as an explosion, it was glorious. | 但作为一次爆炸 简直壮丽 | 
| [12:31] | Reason 14, | 第14个理由 | 
| [12:33] | you still have all your fingers, | 你十根手指都还在 | 
| [12:35] | and boys prefer a dad with fingers. | 男孩都喜欢有手指的爸爸 | 
| [12:39] | Thanks for trying, | 感谢你的努力 | 
| [12:40] | but you’re not gonna be able to cheer me up. | 但你没法让我开心的 | 
| [12:42] | Well, how about this, then? | 那这招怎么样 | 
| [12:44] | You quit your whining before I give you | 别再叽叽歪歪了 | 
| [12:46] | something to cry about, young man. | 否则我打到你”鸡歪” 年轻人 | 
| [12:49] | What? | 什么 | 
| [12:50] | Those are comforting words my father would often say. | 我父亲以前常用这些话安慰我 | 
| [12:55] | Did it help? | 有帮助吗 | 
| [12:56] | I turned out great. | 我现在是人中龙凤啊 | 
| [12:58] | You tell me. | 你说呢 | 
| [13:01] | Let’s get going. | 我们走吧 | 
| [13:03] | Are you gonna be this mopey all the way home? | 回家路上你也要这么丧吗 | 
| [13:05] | I don’t know, maybe. | 我不知道 可能吧 | 
| [13:06] | There any chance you’d be cheered up | 那超高难度的三角函数谜题 | 
| [13:08] | by an amazing trigonometry riddle? | 能让你打起精神吗 | 
| [13:12] | Well, if you can’t answer that, | 你要是连这个都回答不了 | 
| [13:14] | there’s no way you’re gonna get this riddle. | 那你肯定解不出这题 | 
| [13:23] | Oh, hey, hey, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 | 
| [13:26] | Just because it’s a boy, I don’t think you need to | 虽说是男孩 但你也不用在他衣服上 | 
| [13:28] | put a picture of genitals on his shirt. | 缝个生殖器图案吧 | 
| [13:31] | But that’s a baseball bat with two little baseballs. | 那是棒球棒和两颗小棒球啦 | 
| [13:34] | Okay, and now I see it. | 现在我看出来了 | 
| [13:39] | So, you know, I understand why | 我能理解为什么 | 
| [13:41] | Howard is nervous about having a son, | 霍华德为儿子的出生而紧张 | 
| [13:43] | but are you really upset about it? | 但你是也是真的不开心吗 | 
| [13:45] | No, I’m fine. | 我其实还好啦 | 
| [13:47] | It’s just, I grew up with a bunch of brothers, | 只是我从小在兄弟堆中长大 | 
| [13:48] | so I thought it’d be nice for Halley to have a sister. | 所以我觉得哈雷有个妹妹挺好的 | 
| [13:51] | Is that wrong? | 这个想法错了吗 | 
| [13:52] | Of course it’s wrong. | 当然错了 | 
| [13:54] | You don’t know what this little boy’s gonna be like. | 你又不知道这个男孩会成长为怎样的人 | 
| [13:56] | Maybe he’ll be rough and tumble, | 也许他会粗鲁莽撞 | 
| [13:58] | or maybe he’ll be sweet and sensitive, | 也许他会温柔细心 | 
| [14:00] | or maybe he’ll be all those things, like me. | 也许他会集上述性格于一身 就像我 | 
| [14:06] | You’re rough and tumble? | 你粗鲁又莽撞吗 | 
| [14:10] | You bet I am, bitch. | 来试试看啊 小婊砸 | 
| [14:14] | But I’m also sensitive and regret saying that. | 但我也很细心 我收回刚才的话 | 
| [14:23] | – Hey. – Hello. | -嗨 -好呀 | 
| [14:26] | You got a sec? | 有空吗 | 
| [14:28] | Sure. What’s up? | 有呀 怎么了 | 
| [14:29] | Penny’s been talking to my mother | 佩妮最近一直在和我妈聊天 | 
| [14:31] | like they’re best friends, and it’s kind of freaking me out. | 就像好闺蜜一样 这让我心慌慌 | 
| [14:34] | Okay… | 好吧 | 
| [14:36] | I’m pretty sure they’re not best friends. | 我敢肯定她俩不是好闺蜜 | 
| [14:43] | ‘Cause you can only have one best friend. | 因为每个人只能有一个最好的闺蜜 | 
| [14:48] | And Penny has that, and it’s me. | 佩妮名花有主了 那就是我 | 
| [14:53] | Oh, really? Is she FaceTiming with you right now? | 是吗 那她正和你在视频吗 | 
| [14:55] | Because she’s FaceTiming with my mom, and believe me, | 因为她现在正跟我妈视频呢 | 
| [14:57] | that is not a face you want to spend time with. | 而我妈那张脸 应该让人看不下去才对 | 
| [15:01] | Hmm. Well, I have been pretty busy lately. | 我最近确实挺忙的 | 
| [15:04] | Maybe I’ve been neglecting our friendship. | 也许是我对这段友情疏于照顾了 | 
| [15:06] | Penny knows I have a complicated relationship with my mother; | 佩妮知道我和我妈关系复杂 | 
| [15:08] | it’s like she doesn’t even care. | 可她却毫不在意 | 
| [15:10] | And with everything going on at the lab | 实验室里事多繁杂 | 
| [15:11] | and planning the wedding, | 加上还要计划婚礼 | 
| [15:12] | I just, I have so little free time. | 我的空闲时间实在太少了 | 
| [15:15] | Penny doesn’t know how manipulative my mother can be. | 佩妮不知道我妈有多会玩弄人于鼓掌之间 | 
| [15:18] | Did you know there’s such a thing as | 你知道世界上所谓的 | 
| [15:19] | reverse, reverse, reverse psychology? | 逆反再逆反之三重逆反心理学吗 | 
| [15:21] | Because… there is. | 因为… 真的有 | 
| [15:24] | I mean, she must feel so abandoned. | 她一定觉得自己受冷落了 | 
| [15:26] | She’s used to me being there all the time, | 她太习惯我在她左右 | 
| [15:28] | but now I have my own life, | 但我现在有了自己的生活 | 
| [15:29] | and she’s just gonna have to accept it. | 她只能自己适应这件事 | 
| [15:31] | And why is my mom proud of Penny and not me? | 为什么我妈为佩妮骄傲 而不是为我骄傲 | 
| [15:34] | I mean, the real question is: why is Penny so afraid of me | 最重要的问题是 为什么佩妮不愿意 | 
| [15:36] | growing as a person? | 接受我成长的事实 | 
| [15:37] | I’m good at stuff, too! | 我也有擅长的东西呀 | 
| [15:38] | I deserve my own life! | 我也值得拥有自己的生活呀 | 
| [15:44] | Okay, well, thanks. | 好了 多谢 | 
| [15:44] | Good talk. | 聊得愉快 | 
| [15:52] | You know, studies have shown | 研究证明 | 
| [15:54] | that people distracted by emotional issues | 会受情绪影响而分心的人 | 
| [15:57] | are poor drivers. | 都是垃圾司机 | 
| [16:00] | What about people distracted by irritating passengers? | 那遇到烦人乘客才分心的人呢 | 
| [16:05] | That would be hard to test, | 这倒是很难去证实 | 
| [16:06] | because irritating is a subjective quality. | 因为烦人是一种主观的素质 | 
| [16:10] | Strongly disagree. | 强烈反对 | 
| [16:17] | Can I drive? | 能让我开车吗 | 
| [16:19] | No. | 不行 | 
| [16:20] | You can’t drive. | 你不会开车 | 
| [16:21] | You don’t even have a license. | 你连驾照都没有 | 
| [16:23] | Actually, I do. | 我其实有 | 
| [16:25] | Really? Since when? | 真的吗 什么时候的事 | 
| [16:28] | Three years ago. | 3年前 | 
| [16:29] | I went on a bit of a license kick. | 我有段时间迷上了考执照 | 
| [16:32] | I’m also a commercial fisherman. | 我还是个职业渔民 | 
| [16:36] | Then why don’t you ever drive yourself? | 那你为什么从不自己开车 | 
| [16:38] | Honestly, I barely passed my test. | 老实说 我考试也是低分通过 | 
| [16:40] | And the one time I drove on my own, | 而我唯一一次独自开车上路 | 
| [16:42] | I made a U-turn, got dizzy, threw up and walked home. | 调了个头 开始晕车 吐了满身 最后走回家 | 
| [16:48] | You really want to drive? | 你真的想开车吗 | 
| [16:50] | It seems like the perfect time. | 感觉是个很好的时机啊 | 
| [16:52] | The roads are straight, there’s no one around, | 大路笔直 没有车来车往 | 
| [16:55] | and you don’t seem to care if you live or die. | 你看起来也不太在乎自己的死活 | 
| [16:59] | Live, Sheldon. I want to live. | 活着 谢尔顿 我绝对想活着 | 
| [17:02] | That makes things a little trickier, | 这样事情就有点难度了 | 
| [17:03] | but I’ll do my best. | 不过我会尽力而为 | 
| [17:09] | Hi, Pen… | 嗨 佩… | 
| [17:10] | Oh, hello, Leonard. | 哦 是你啊 莱纳德 | 
| [17:14] | Hello, Mother. How are you? | 你好 妈妈 最近怎么样 | 
| [17:16] | – Fine. And you? – I’m great. | -很好 你呢 -我也不错 | 
| [17:18] | Well, it’s been lovely catching up. | 好吧 很高兴和你聊天 | 
| [17:20] | Wait. Hang on. We need to talk. | 等等 等一下 我们需要谈一谈 | 
| [17:23] | Oh, brother. | 我的老天 | 
| [17:26] | I want to know, why aren’t you proud of me? | 我想知道 你为什么不为我骄傲 | 
| [17:30] | Well, isn’t the real question, | 真正的问题难道不该是 | 
| [17:31] | “Why aren’t you proud of yourself?” | “你为什么不为你自己骄傲” | 
| [17:34] | No, that is a question– and I ask it a lot– | 不 那也是一个问题 我常自问 | 
| [17:39] | but let’s stick with the one I asked you. | 不过现在还是先回答我的问题吧 | 
| [17:42] | But why do you think I’m not proud of you? | 你为什么会觉得我不为你自豪呢 | 
| [17:44] | Because you never say it. | 因为你从来没说过呀 | 
| [17:47] | But two days into chatting with Penny, | 可你和佩妮聊了两天 | 
| [17:48] | and you can’t stop telling her how great she is. | 你对她总是赞不绝口 | 
| [17:51] | She is great. | 她的确很不错 | 
| [17:52] | Honestly, of all of my children’s spouses, | 老实说 在我所有的儿媳和女婿中 | 
| [17:55] | she’s the one that I’m most impressed by. | 她是我最欣赏的一个 | 
| [17:59] | Seriously? | 真的吗 | 
| [18:00] | Yes. | 真的 | 
| [18:01] | She’s confident, she’s thoughtful, | 她自信满满 体贴入微 | 
| [18:03] | and she never complained about you once. | 而且从来没有抱怨过你半句 | 
| [18:05] | I know what kind of strength that takes. | 我知道这需要多强大的心里素质 | 
| [18:10] | So, Penny’s your favorite? | 所以佩妮是你的最爱吗 | 
| [18:12] | I suppose she is. | 我想她是的 | 
| [18:14] | You married well, Leonard, and for that I am proud of you. | 你娶了个好姑娘 莱纳德 对此我为你骄傲 | 
| [18:22] | I don’t… I don’t… I don’t know what to say. | 我… 我不知道… 该说什么了 | 
| [18:24] | I’m also proud of how hard you’re trying not to cry. | 我也为你努力克制不哭而骄傲 | 
| [18:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [18:32] | Would you like to hang up now? | 你想结束视频了吗 | 
| [18:33] | Yeah, here it comes. | 好 眼泪要决堤了 | 
| [18:43] | Your hands are at 10:00 and 2:00. | 你的双手在10点和2点方向 | 
| [18:44] | Good. Steady on the gas. | 很好 稳稳地踩住油门 | 
| [18:47] | Okay. | 不错 | 
| [18:49] | Now you’re gonna want to slowly switch lanes. | 现在你可以慢慢换车道了 | 
| [18:53] | Why? | 为什么呀 | 
| [18:54] | Because there are only two, | 因为现在路上只有两条车道 | 
| [18:55] | and you’re not in either of them. | 而你不在任何一条上 | 
| [19:02] | Attaboy. Well done! | 做得好 完美 | 
| [19:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [19:06] | The last time I drove, I was terrified, | 上次开车时我还吓得半死 | 
| [19:08] | but this is fun. | 今天开车可真有趣 | 
| [19:10] | You’re doing great. | 你开得很不错 | 
| [19:12] | You’re a good teacher. | 你也是一个好老师 | 
| [19:16] | Your son is going to be lucky to have you as a father. | 有你这样的爸爸 你儿子一定很幸运 | 
| [19:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 | 
| [19:25] | Do you think I could try going a little faster? | 你觉得我可以试着再开快一点吗 | 
| [19:29] | Go for it, champ. | 想做就去做吧 小冠军 | 
| [19:30] | Ow. | 疼呀 | 
| [19:33] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [19:34] | Just ease on the gas, and… | 轻轻踩一下油门 然后… | 
| [19:36] | Oh, too much! Too much! | 踩多了 踩多了 | 
| [19:38] | Why was I scared of this? This is exhilarating! | 我之前在怕什么 这真是太刺激了 | 
| [19:40] | No, it’s not! Slow down! | 刺激个大头鬼 慢下来 | 
| [19:42] | Don’t tell me what to do! You’re not my father! | 别对我指手画脚的 你又不是我爸爸 | 
| [19:53] | Do you know how fast you were going? | 你知道你开得有多快吗 | 
| [19:55] | 112. | 时速180公里 | 
| [19:59] | Let me see your license. | 把驾照给我 | 
| [20:02] | – Okay, here’s the plan. -No. | -听着 我的计划是… -闭嘴 | 
| [20:06] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [20:08] | There you go. | 给你 | 
| [20:12] | You know what, you can just keep it. | 算了 这驾照你留着吧 |