时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Some news of our wedding, | 说一件关于我们婚礼的事情 |
[00:04] | I have sent you all a “Save the date” e-mail. | 我给各位发了一封”空出时间”电邮 |
[00:07] | Oh, exciting. You guys picked a date? | 太好啦 你们选好日子了吗 |
[00:08] | Better. I picked 80 dates. | 何止如此 我选好了80个日子 |
[00:11] | And I need you to save them all until we narrow it down. | 我需要你们空出全部日子 直到名单缩小 |
[00:14] | I thought we agreed on June 15. | 我还以为我们同意选6月15了 |
[00:17] | That’s the day after Flag Day. | 那是美国国旗日隔天 |
[00:19] | Everyone’ll be partied out. | 大家肯定庆祝到虚脱了 |
[00:22] | It’s a date– just pick one. | 选个日子而已 干脆点 |
[00:24] | It’s not just a date– it’s a textbook optimization problem. | 这不止是一个日子 这是经典的最佳化问题 |
[00:27] | There is a perfect date– just like there’s | 绝对有个最佳日期 就像是有 |
[00:29] | a perfect room temperature and a perfect dessert. | 最佳室温与最佳餐后甜品一样 |
[00:31] | Mm. There’s no perfect dessert. | 才没有最佳餐后甜品呢 |
[00:33] | Yellow cake in the shape of a dinosaur | 恐龙形状的海绵蛋糕 |
[00:35] | with chocolate frosting, | 撒上巧克力糖霜 |
[00:36] | a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side, | 边上配一勺香草冰淇淋球 |
[00:37] | not touching. | 不碰到蛋糕 |
[00:39] | You’ll see. | 到时候你就知道了 |
[00:40] | You’ll have it at our wedding. | 你会在我们婚礼上吃到 |
[00:43] | You wanna bet? | 来打赌吗 |
[00:46] | You give me enough time, | 你们给我足够时间 |
[00:46] | I can do the same thing with a wedding date– | 我也能够为婚礼算出完美日子 |
[00:48] | it needs to be on the weekend, | 它必须是在周末 |
[00:50] | uh, not near any of your birthdays, | 避开你们任何人的生日 |
[00:52] | or the weekend of Comic Con. | 或漫展周末 |
[00:53] | Ooh, you could get married at Comic Con. | 你也可以在漫展上结婚啊 |
[00:55] | – No! – No! | -不行 -不行 |
[00:57] | We just need a weekend date | 我们只需要选一个 |
[00:59] | that’s completely boring and uneventful. | 无聊又平凡的普通周末就行了 |
[01:01] | Too bad you didn’t get your ducks in a row, | 让你们不把事情都安排好 |
[01:03] | ’cause tonight would have been perfect. | 不然其实今晚完美符合你条件呢 |
[01:35] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[01:37] | Good morning. | 早安啊 |
[01:39] | I know today is Apple Jacks day, but… we’re all out. | 我知道今天是吃苹果脆片的日子 但没有了 |
[01:42] | That’s fine. I’ll have anything. | 没事 我吃什么都行 |
[01:45] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[01:46] | Yeah. You know… | 是啊 你懂的 |
[01:49] | whatev. | 无所… |
[01:52] | “Whatev”? | “无所[谓]”吗 |
[01:53] | I like this side of you. | 我喜欢你的这面 |
[01:55] | You know what I like? | 那你知道我喜欢什么吗 |
[01:57] | Smooth jazz. | 柔和爵士 |
[02:22] | Hey, just a reminder– | 提醒你一下 |
[02:23] | – I’m going out for drinks after work. – Oh. Great. | -今天下班后我要去喝酒 -很好 |
[02:25] | Just a reminder– you’re pregnant. | 提醒你一下 你有孕在身 |
[02:29] | I’m not drinking, just taking a new coworker out. | 我自己不喝 只是带新同事去 |
[02:32] | Oh. Just a reminder– you’re married. | 提醒你一下 你是有夫之妇 |
[02:36] | Female coworker. | 女同事 |
[02:38] | She’s new in town, and I want to make her feel welcome. | 初来乍到 我想让她感觉有家的温暖 |
[02:40] | And let her know the office is full of liars | 以及在大家跟她说我很毒辣之前 |
[02:42] | before everyone tells her I’m mean. | 先灌输她办公室都是说谎精的思想 |
[02:45] | Is she single? | 她单身吗 |
[02:47] | I’m not setting her up with Raj. | 我才不要撮合她跟拉杰 |
[02:49] | – What about Stuart? – Are you listening? | -那斯图尔特呢 -你是没听我说话吗 |
[02:51] | I want her to think I’m not mean. | 我想要她觉得我是暖心好人 |
[02:54] | Okay. Well, it’s just… | 好吧 我会这么说 |
[02:55] | we have two single friends. | 也只是因为我们有两个单身朋友嘛 |
[02:58] | Howie, I just met this woman. | 华仔 我才刚认识这女生 |
[03:00] | Why don’t I wait a little and get to know her? | 何不稍微等到我更了解她之后呢 |
[03:02] | Maybe I won’t like her, and then I’d be happy | 或许我会讨厌她 到时我就会很乐意 |
[03:05] | to ruin her life with Stuart or Raj. | 让斯图尔特与拉杰毁了她人生 |
[03:08] | That’s all I ask. | 这样我就满足了 |
[03:13] | So, you guys lived with Sheldon for a long time… | 你们俩跟谢尔顿同住过很长一段时间 |
[03:15] | – Long time. – So very long. | -好长 -太长了 |
[03:18] | By the way, congratulations again on your engagement. | 对了 再次恭喜你们订婚啊 |
[03:21] | Yeah. You got a good one. | 对啊 你找到了人中之龙啊 |
[03:24] | Thanks. So, it’s strange, | 谢谢 所以有件怪事 |
[03:26] | Sheldon was talking in his sleep last night, | 谢尔顿昨晚睡觉说梦话了 |
[03:28] | and he seemed like a totally different person. | 感觉他完全是另一个人 |
[03:31] | He was relaxed and… | 他很放松而且… |
[03:33] | loose and calm. | 散漫且平静 |
[03:35] | Well, Sheldon’s a complicated man. | 谢尔顿是个复杂的男人 |
[03:37] | He said “Whatev.” | 他说了”无所” |
[03:38] | Give him a brain scan– that might be a tumor. | 带他去做大脑扫描 可能长脑瘤了 |
[03:42] | Well, I think the wedding planning is really stressful for him, | 我觉得计划婚礼对他造成太大压力了 |
[03:45] | and that can trigger sleep talking. | 从而导致梦呓 |
[03:47] | Well, maybe this is a part of Sheldon’s personality | 或许那是谢尔顿性格中 |
[03:49] | he’s been repressing. | 一直被他压抑的一部分 |
[03:50] | I mean, I think we dream about things | 毕竟不是正所谓 |
[03:52] | we wish we could be in real life. | 日有所思夜有所梦吗 |
[03:54] | Really? What do you dream about? | 是吗 那你都梦些什么了 |
[03:56] | Oh. Uh… being the wife of Leonard. | 比如当莱纳德的老婆 |
[03:59] | Mostly that. | 基本都是这个啦 |
[04:02] | I choose to believe you. | 我选择相信你 |
[04:05] | Well, as much as we’ve studied the brain, | 虽然人类对大脑做过无数研究 |
[04:06] | there’s still a lot we don’t know about dreams and their function. | 但人类对梦与它的作用还是有许多不了解 |
[04:09] | You know, even psychologists are divided on it. | 心理学家们对它的解读也有分歧 |
[04:11] | Mm, it’s true– Freud thought dreams were about sex, | 的确 佛洛依德认为梦与性有关 |
[04:13] | Adler thought they were about dominance… | 阿德勒认为梦与支配有关 |
[04:13] | 两者曾是同一精神分析学会的核心人物 后者不同意前者看法 因此退出并自成一派 | |
[04:15] | Then again, mine are just about being married to this little guy. | 再次强调 我的梦都是与嫁给这位小巨人有关 |
[04:20] | Well, now it’s just edging into mockery. | 这次感觉像是在嘲讽我了 |
[04:25] | Well, moving to a new city was a little scary, | 搬到新的城市真的有些让人害怕 |
[04:28] | but the job seems great. | 但这份工作感觉挺不错的 |
[04:29] | Everyone’s really nice. | 大家人都很好 |
[04:30] | Oh, they are. Super nice. | 是啊 都超好 |
[04:32] | I mean, only one them took you out tonight– | 虽然只有一个人晚上带你出来玩 |
[04:34] | but it’s not a competition. | 但毕竟这也不是什么比赛 |
[04:37] | Thanks again. | 再次谢谢你 |
[04:39] | You know, we could have gone somewhere more pregnancy-friendly. | 其实我们可以去更适合孕妇的地方啊 |
[04:42] | Oh, it’s okay. One of the great things about being pregnant | 没事的 怀孕的其中一个亮点就是 |
[04:45] | is drinking cranberry juice out of a wineglass | 可以用酒杯喝蔓越莓汁 |
[04:47] | and watching people freak out. | 然后看别人着急的反应 |
[04:50] | Bernie! | 妮妮 |
[04:52] | Oh, damn. | 我勒个去 |
[04:55] | Hey! What are the odds? | 有缘千里来相会啊 |
[04:58] | Yeah, seren-frickin’-dipity. | 是啊 真特么”巧”啊 |
[05:01] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:02] | – Rajesh. – Stuart. | -拉杰什 -斯图尔特 |
[05:04] | Hi. Ruchi. | 我叫如琪 |
[05:05] | Ruchi is my coworker. | 如琪是我的同事 |
[05:07] | But that was probably in your briefing packet. | 但估计你们在介绍简报里都看过了 |
[05:19] | What’s wrong? | 怎么啦 |
[05:20] | Well, I found the perfect wedding date. | 我找到了最佳的结婚日了 |
[05:22] | – That’s terrific! – No, it’s not. | -那太棒啦 -才不呢 |
[05:25] | It was May 19, 1996. | 是1996年5月19日 |
[05:29] | We would have had a lovely wedding. | 我们本来可以有一场完美的婚礼 |
[05:31] | And our honeymoon would have coincided | 我们的蜜月之旅刚好还能对上 |
[05:33] | with the first appearance of the Hale-Bopp comet. | 海尔-波普彗星的首次出现 |
[05:33] | 该彗星在1995年被发现 于1997年4月1日过近日点 | |
[05:36] | Sheldon, you were 16. | 谢尔顿 你当时才16岁 |
[05:37] | And in Texas– no one would have batted an eye. | 那时我也还在德州 我们那里才没人会管 |
[05:41] | Oh, wait, it’s no good. | 等等 那天也不好 |
[05:42] | That’s the day that Jon Pertwee, the third Doctor Who, died. | 第三任《神秘博士》演员是在那天去世的 |
[05:45] | And it’s in the past. | 而且那天已经过了 |
[05:46] | Hey-hey, I said it’s no good– just let it go. | 我已经说那天不好了 放下吧 |
[05:49] | Sheldon… | 谢尔顿 |
[05:50] | I appreciate you trying to make this wedding perfect, | 我很感激你想让婚礼完美的心 |
[05:53] | but it’s making you miserable. | 但这都快把你搞疯了 |
[05:56] | No, the wedding isn’t making me miserable, | 不是 婚礼没有要把我搞疯 |
[05:57] | the calendar is. | 是日子 |
[05:59] | Why can’t there just be one week each month | 为什么名人就不能集中在 |
[06:01] | for famous people to die? | 每个月某周去世呢 |
[06:04] | Well, they’ve already arranged to die in threes– | 都已经丧事成三了 |
[06:04] | 外国的一种迷信 有人认为一个人死去后 会有另外两个与死者有关系的人也跟着过世 | |
[06:06] | what more do you want from them? | 你还想要求人家怎么样啊 |
[06:08] | This is so frustrating. Why can’t I find a perfect date? | 真是闹心 为什么我就找不出最佳的日子呢 |
[06:12] | I found the perfect way to say hi to cowboys. | 我就找出了与牛仔打招呼的最佳方式啊 |
[06:16] | I’m just saying maybe there’s a part of you deep down that… | 我只是觉得或许在你内心的深处 |
[06:20] | just wants to relax a little, you know? | 有一部分的你只想放松下来 |
[06:23] | Kick back. | 逍遥一点 |
[06:24] | Say, “Whatev.” | 比如说出”无所…” |
[06:27] | Whatev? | 无所…吗 |
[06:29] | I’m sorry, you’re really not gonna finish that word? | 抱歉 你真的不把那词说完吗 |
[06:32] | I-I’m just trying to make a point… | 我只是举个例子嘛 |
[06:33] | Finish the word, Amy. | 说完它 艾米 |
[06:36] | Fine. Er. | 行 谓 |
[06:38] | Er, er, er. | 谓 谓 谓 |
[06:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:40] | Only now you owe me three more whatevs. | 但你现在欠我三次”无所”了 |
[06:45] | Oh, you were born in Trivandrum. | 原来你是印度特里凡得琅出生的啊 |
[06:48] | Have you ever been to the Kuthira Malika Palace? | 你去过那里的百马宫了吗 |
[06:51] | No, I haven’t. | 没 没去过呢 |
[06:52] | Me, either. What a small world. | 我也是呢 真是太有缘了 |
[06:56] | I’ve also never been there. | 我也没去过那里 |
[06:57] | I’ve never been lots of places. | 我没去过的地方太多了 |
[06:59] | Go on, quiz me. | 来啊 考我看看 |
[07:01] | I’m sorry, we’re being rude talking about India. | 对不起 我们这么聊印度的事太无礼了 |
[07:04] | Oh, yeah, you know, if you and Bernadette | 是啊 如果你跟伯纳黛特 |
[07:05] | want to talk about America, that’s cool with us. | 想聊美国的事 我们没意见的 |
[07:08] | Here, let me get you started. | 我来帮你们起个头吧 |
[07:09] | Hamburgers. Am I right? | 汉堡包 对吧 |
[07:14] | So, what do you guys do? | 你们都做什么工作 |
[07:15] | Well, I am an astrophysicist, | 我是个天体物理学家 |
[07:18] | so if you ever go out at night and look up at the stars, | 如果你哪天晚上出去看仰望星空 |
[07:21] | that’s kind of my office. | 也能算是看入我的办公室呢 |
[07:23] | He sells comic books to children. | 他卖漫画书给孩子 |
[07:27] | Actually, | 其实呢 |
[07:28] | I own my own store. | 我是自己开的店 |
[07:30] | Uh, I-if you’d like to check it out sometime, | 如果你有兴趣来看看 |
[07:32] | I’m running a new promotion– | 我最近在做个促销活动 |
[07:33] | buy anything, get taken out for a reasonably priced dinner. | 买任何东西 就请你吃价钱合理的晚餐一次 |
[07:38] | Yeah, yeah, Stuart’s struggling financially. | 是啊 斯图尔特经济上有些困难 |
[07:41] | But he doesn’t let that get him down. | 但他并没有因此被击垮 |
[07:42] | He believes in himself. | 他对自己有信心 |
[07:43] | Even though the whole world has made it clear | 尽管全世界都清楚地告诉他 |
[07:46] | he should not. | 他不该盲目自信 |
[07:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你啊 |
[07:52] | A-And, you know, Raj, I think it’s great | 对了 拉杰 我觉得你现在 |
[07:54] | that you no longer live off your parents like a spoiled child. | 再也不像个被宠坏的米虫一样靠父母吃饭 |
[07:57] | You live over someone’s garage like a… | 而是去住别人家车库 就像个… |
[07:59] | failed adult. | 成年废柴 |
[08:02] | Yeah, well, you live with her. | 是啊 你还跟她同住呢 |
[08:04] | Oh, it’s not like that. | 不是那样的 |
[08:06] | He rents a room from me and my husband. | 他跟我们夫妇租了一间房 |
[08:08] | Who, by the way, is no prize, either. | 我们也是无妄之灾啊 |
[08:15] | Oh, I don’t care. | 我才不在意 |
[08:17] | You know me– I just go with the flow. | 你懂我 我随波逐流 |
[08:22] | Beach, public pool… | 海滩 公共泳池 |
[08:25] | They both sound awesome. | 听起来都超赞 |
[08:29] | On second thought, beach. | 回头想想 海滩 |
[08:32] | I’d like to befriend a seagull. | 我想跟海鸥交朋友 |
[08:36] | That is crazy. | 简直不敢相信 |
[08:37] | Yeah. Will you e-mail that to me? | 对啊 你能发一份到我邮箱吗 |
[08:41] | Have you played this for him? | 你有播过这个给他听吗 |
[08:43] | No. I’m worried he’ll say I violated his privacy. | 没有 我怕他说我侵犯他隐私权 |
[08:46] | Listen how happy he sounds. | 你们听他有多开心 |
[08:48] | I’m up for anything, | 做什么都可以 |
[08:50] | as long as I’m with you. | 只要在你身边就行 |
[08:54] | – What are you listening to? – Nothing. | -你们在听什么 -没什么 |
[08:56] | Oh, come on, I want to hear. | 干嘛藏着 我也想听 |
[09:00] | We don’t need GPS. | 我们才不需要导航 |
[09:03] | Let’s just see where the road takes us. | 路长在脚下 我们只需随心而行 |
[09:07] | I see why you turned it off. | 难怪你们刚才要关掉 |
[09:09] | That guy sounds like an idiot. | 这人听起来就像个傻逼 |
[09:11] | Honey, that’s you. | 亲爱的 那人就是你 |
[09:13] | Don’t be silly. My voice is deep and sonorous. | 别傻了 我的声音又深沉又响亮 |
[09:17] | Like a Caucasian James Earl Jones. | 就像白人版的詹姆斯·厄尔·琼斯 |
[09:17] | 美国知名演员 为《星球大战》系列电影中的黑武士配音 | |
[09:21] | “Luke, I am your father.” See? | “卢克 我是你爹” 听见没 |
[09:24] | It is you. | 真的是你 |
[09:25] | I recorded you in your sleep. | 我在你睡觉时录的 |
[09:28] | Oh, look– a hitchhiker. | 看啊 一个搭便车的人 |
[09:31] | I bet he has some interesting stories. | 我猜他一定有些有趣的故事 |
[09:35] | That’s me? | 那是我吗 |
[09:36] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[09:38] | So you spied on me in my sleep? | 你暗中监视我睡觉吗 |
[09:40] | Sheldon, I’m sorry. | 谢尔顿 我不是故意的 |
[09:41] | You’ve been doing this every night. | 你每晚都这么说梦话 |
[09:43] | I couldn’t help but wonder if it meant something. | 我不禁好奇这些梦话是否代表什么 |
[09:45] | Well, it doesn’t. | 并没有 |
[09:46] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[09:48] | I mean, the prefrontal cortex regulates impulse control. | 前额皮质掌管自控力 |
[09:51] | So it’s plausible that when we’re asleep, | 所以我们睡着时 平时被压抑的个性 |
[09:53] | aspects of our personality that we repress might come out. | 可能会跑出来这种理论是说得通的 |
[09:57] | Don’t try to put science lipstick on your New Age pig! | 别以为加了科学词 屁话就不是屁话了 |
[10:01] | And for the record, | 声明一下 |
[10:02] | you make noises when you sleep, | 你睡觉时也发出声音 |
[10:03] | and I’ve never accused you of repressing your inner chainsaw. | 我可从没说过你压抑了心中的电锯 |
[10:10] | If you want me to object at your wedding, | 如果你想让我在婚礼上提出反对 |
[10:12] | just give me one of these. | 给我打个暗号就行 |
[10:20] | This picture of Galactus eating a planet looks like | 这个行星吞噬者正在吞噬星球的画面 |
[10:23] | my preggo wife destroying a coffee cake. | 就像我的孕妻在吞食咖啡蛋糕的样子 |
[10:28] | Oh, yeah, I see it. | 是啊 是有点像 |
[10:30] | I’m just saying, you should bow out. | 我只是说 你应该退出 |
[10:33] | Why should I bow out? | 为什么是我该退出 |
[10:34] | Uh, because we all know how this is gonna end. | 因为我们都知道结局会如何 |
[10:37] | That’s what my doctor said, too, but I’m still here. | 我的医生也这么说 但我还在这活蹦乱跳呢 |
[10:43] | Okay, look, I think that she and I have more in common. | 听着 我觉得我和她有更多共同点 |
[10:47] | Because you’re Indian? | 因为你们都是印度人吗 |
[10:48] | So just ’cause she’s brown, you get to date her? | 就因为她是棕色人种 你就可以和她约会了 |
[10:51] | Yes! | 是啊 |
[10:52] | And the next time we meet a woman | 下次我们遇到一个 |
[10:54] | who’s pale and cadaver-like, she’s all yours. | 皮肤苍白得像死尸的女人 她就归你了 |
[10:58] | Howard, Bernadette was there last night. | 霍华德 伯纳黛特昨晚在场 |
[11:01] | Did she say anything when she got home? | 她回家后有说什么吗 |
[11:03] | Yeah, she said, “Why’d you tell those idiots where I was? | 她说”你为什么告诉那俩白痴我在哪 |
[11:06] | Thanks a lot.” | 谢你一辈子啊” |
[11:07] | Okay, how about we flip a coin? | 好吧 我们掷硬币决定怎么样 |
[11:09] | Look, hang on. Doesn’t this girl get a word in all of this? | 等等 那女生对此事不该有发言权吗 |
[11:12] | And isn’t that word “No”? | 她不是该发言表示”不要”吗 |
[11:15] | Ruchi said she wanted to hang out with both of us. | 如琪说想跟我们两个一起出来玩 |
[11:17] | Why don’t we just do that? | 我们何不就那么做吗 |
[11:19] | Oh, fine. Let’s hang out as friends and see what happens. | 好吧 大家像朋友一样出去玩 顺其自然 |
[11:22] | Yeah, and if something grows out of it, just worry about it then. | 对啊 要是真滋生出什么 到时再担心吧 |
[11:25] | Also what my doctor said. | 我的医生也是这么说的 |
[11:31] | Hey, this isn’t your laundry night. | 今晚不是你的洗衣日啊 |
[11:33] | I know. Laundry on a Wednesday. | 就是啊 周三洗衣服 |
[11:36] | It’s the madness my life has become. | 我的人生已经疯狂到这地步了 |
[11:39] | Why is this sleep-talking thing bothering you anyway? | 你为什么会对说梦话这事烦恼呢 |
[11:42] | It’s simple. | 很简单 |
[11:43] | I don’t like the idea | 我不喜欢 |
[11:44] | that my mind might be keeping an entire personality from me. | 我的脑子也许对我隐瞒了另一种人格的可能 |
[11:48] | Dr. Jekyll’s other personality was Mr. Hyde. | 杰基尔博士的另一重人格可是海德先生 |
[11:48] | 小说《化身博士》中的人物 杰基尔和海德代表了善与恶两种性格 | |
[11:51] | Mr. Hyde. | 海德”先生”啊 |
[11:52] | Didn’t have a postgraduate degree. | 他连研究生学位都没有 |
[11:56] | Is it possible that you’re stressed | 有没有可能你压力大 |
[11:58] | because you’re scared about getting married? | 是因为你害怕结婚 |
[12:00] | I mean, it is a big change, | 这是个大改变 |
[12:02] | and you’re not good with little changes. | 而你连个小改变都难以接受 |
[12:04] | Well, that’s nonsense. | 你胡说 |
[12:06] | You name one little change I was upset with. | 举个我对小改变不开心的例子 |
[12:09] | Uh, when they changed the green Skittle from lime to apple. | 他们把绿色彩虹糖的口味从青柠改成了苹果 |
[12:13] | That is not the rainbow I grew up tasting. | 那不是人家从小吃的彩虹 |
[12:17] | All right, fine. Let’s start over. | 好吧 重新来过 |
[12:19] | Is it possible that the sleep-talking is a part of your brain | 说梦话会不会是你的大脑在告诉你 |
[12:22] | that’s telling you everything’s gonna be okay | 一切都会很好 |
[12:23] | and you just need to relax a little? | 你放松一点就行了 |
[12:26] | So you’re proposing that the self is an illusion, | 所以你是在说自我只是幻觉 |
[12:31] | and that we actually have multiple centers of consciousness | 人其实有多个意识集合 |
[12:34] | that are communicating with one another? | 它们在相互交流吗 |
[12:38] | In laymen’s terms, yeah. | 用非专业术语来说 是的 |
[12:41] | Huh. Interesting. | 有意思 |
[12:43] | So you don’t believe there’s a Cartesian self | 所以你不认为有个笛卡尔自我 |
[12:46] | that underlies the flux of experience? | 在经历流之下吗 |
[12:49] | Maybe in my twenties, not anymore. | 二十几岁时可能信过 现在不信了 |
[12:53] | Okay. Well, assuming you’re right, | 好吧 假定你说的是对的 |
[12:56] | what would you suggest I do? | 你会建议我怎么做 |
[12:59] | Well, I would start with something small, | 我会建议你先从一些小改变做起 |
[13:00] | see if it makes your life any better. | 看会不会改善你的生活 |
[13:02] | Um, you can learn to meditate, take a yoga class. | 你可以学冥想 上瑜伽课 |
[13:06] | Oh. You know, I have always been intrigued by flip-flops. | 我倒是一直对人字拖感到好奇 |
[13:11] | The official footwear of the laid-back fellow. | 悠闲之人的标配鞋 |
[13:15] | Okay, sure. | 你高兴就好 |
[13:16] | Of course if my feet are gonna be exposed, | 当然了 如果我的脚要暴露在外 |
[13:18] | I’ll need to update my tetanus booster. | 我就得去打新的破伤风疫苗 |
[13:20] | Oh, yeah. Makes sense. | 有道理 |
[13:22] | Yeah. And while I’m there, I may as well get a flu shot | 既然都去了 不如把流感疫苗也打了 |
[13:23] | – and a mole check. – Sure. | -再检查下痣 -好啊 |
[13:25] | You know, I’ve never had a mole check. | 我还从来没检查过痣呢 |
[13:29] | Well, it’s been nice knowing you. | 此生能认识你真好 |
[13:35] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[13:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:37] | It’s too bad Stuart couldn’t make it. He seemed fun. | 斯图尔特来不了真可惜 感觉他挺有趣的 |
[13:40] | Oh, yeah, he is. I love him dearly, yeah. | 确实是的 我非常喜欢他 |
[13:42] | Not to say that I don’t worry about him. | 倒不是说我不担心他 |
[13:45] | What’s to worry about? | 担心他什么 |
[13:47] | You know what? | 其实呢 |
[13:49] | I’m talking out of school. | 我说得太多了[学校] |
[13:51] | Speaking of which, he’s allowed to live near them now. | 说起这个 他现在又能合法地住在学校附近了 |
[13:56] | Hey, guys. | 二位 |
[13:58] | – Oh, great, Stuart. You’re here. – Yeah, Stuart. | -太好了 斯图尔特你来了 -是啊 斯图尔特 |
[14:00] | Yeah, I did… I didn’t think you were gonna make it. | 对呀 我都没想到你能来呢 |
[14:02] | Mm. I believe that. | 你这话我信 |
[14:06] | Sorry, guys. It’s work. I’ve got to take it. | 抱歉 工作上的事 我得接一下 |
[14:08] | I’m so glad you made it, Stuart. | 真高兴你能来 斯图尔特 |
[14:10] | Oh, yeah, so glad. | 没错 高兴死了 |
[14:13] | I can’t believe you went behind my back! | 真不敢相信你居然出阴招 |
[14:15] | Which clearly means I want this more! | 这就表明我比你更急切呀 |
[14:18] | You want to play a game of “Who’s more desperate” with me? | 你想和我比”谁更想脱单”吗 |
[14:22] | ‘Cause you’re in the big leagues now, Bucko. | 那你面对的可是大联盟级别选手哦 小伙子 |
[14:25] | L-Look, Ruchi and I are really hitting it off. | 如琪和我真的很有火花 |
[14:28] | Please let me just have this one! | 拜托你就把她让给我吧 |
[14:29] | I’m not going anywhere. | 老子哪都不去 |
[14:30] | I’m like a fungus you can’t get rid of. | 我就是那种治不好的真菌感染 |
[14:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:36] | So what’s going on? | 你们在聊什么呢 |
[14:37] | Oh, you just missed Stuart’s funny story | 你正好错过了斯图尔特刚才在聊 |
[14:39] | about the fungus he can’t get rid of. | 他那治不好的真菌感染 |
[14:42] | Raj didn’t tell me about tonight | 拉杰根本没通知我今晚的活动 |
[14:44] | so he could be alone with you. | 好跟你独处 |
[14:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:49] | That’s a little weird. | 这样有一点小变态啊 |
[14:50] | Just a little? Because I can work with that. | 只有一点吗 这我还能改啊 |
[14:54] | Look, guys, I’m not interested in dating anyone right now. | 两位 我暂时没打算谈恋爱 |
[14:57] | I’m just looking to make some friends. | 我只是想多认识一些朋友 |
[14:59] | Yeah, I totally understand. | 我完全理解你 |
[15:01] | But if you were gonna date someone, | 但如果让你选个交往对象 |
[15:02] | would it be me or Stuart? | 你会选我还是斯图尔特呢 |
[15:05] | I think I’m gonna go. | 我想我还是先走了 |
[15:07] | Uh, uh, uh, uh, Ruchi, I’m sorry. | 如琪 对不起 |
[15:10] | If you still want to hang out as friends, I’d like that. | 如果你还想以朋友身份一起玩 我很愿意 |
[15:13] | Thanks, Stuart. I’d like that, too. | 谢了 斯图尔特 我也很愿意 |
[15:18] | And the fungus is under the toenail. | 那小真菌就躲在你脚趾甲缝里 |
[15:36] | Hello. | 回来了 |
[15:41] | So, um, I, uh… | 那个… 我… |
[15:45] | I got flip-flops. | 我去穿了人字拖 |
[15:48] | Good for you. | 很好啊 |
[15:50] | Oh, my God, what happened?! | 我的妈呀 出什么事了 |
[15:52] | After I got the flip-flops, | 我穿上人字拖后 |
[15:54] | I realized that the tops of my feet were exposed, so, um, | 我发现脚背都暴露在外了 |
[15:58] | I-I put on some sunscreen, | 于是我赶紧擦了防晒霜 |
[16:00] | which caused my feet to become slippery. | 结果两只脚都滑腻腻的 |
[16:02] | And predictably, one of them fell off | 不出所料 一只拖鞋从我脚上滑飞 |
[16:05] | and went down a sewer grate. | 直接掉进了下水道口 |
[16:07] | Now, normally, I would have walked away, | 按我平常的脾气 我会一走了之 |
[16:10] | but this is a new, laid-back me, so, | 但作为一个全新 放松的我 |
[16:14] | instead of getting upset, I just reached down to grab it. | 我没有生气 而是趴下去捡鞋 |
[16:18] | That’s when I touched something furry… | 然后我就摸到了某种毛茸茸的东西 |
[16:23] | …which I’m telling myself was a damp toupee. | 我说服自己那只是一顶湿假发 |
[16:29] | When the toupee licked my hand… | 但当假发开始舔我的手时 |
[16:36] | …I screamed | 我尖叫着 |
[16:37] | and hopped down the street on my remaining flip-flop. | 单脚穿着拖鞋跳走了 |
[16:42] | – Can I just ask… – No, this is a long story. | -我可以问问… -不 这故事还长着呢 |
[16:44] | Why don’t we please save your questions till the end? | 不如把问题留到最后再问吧 |
[16:47] | So, I-I finally came upon a bus bench | 我后来发现了一张公车站的长凳 |
[16:50] | where I sat and removed one of my shirts | 我在那里脱掉了我的一件衣服 |
[16:53] | and, uh, fashioned it into a makeshift shoe. | 用它做了一只临时的鞋 |
[16:57] | Not a waterproof shoe. | 这鞋不防水 |
[16:59] | That is relevant to the next part of my story. | 这个细节和我接下来的故事大有关联 |
[17:03] | The ankle-deep puddle of warm apple juice. | 那是一坑深及脚踝的”温热金黄苹果汁” |
[17:09] | Apple juice? | 什么苹果汁 |
[17:12] | Maybe, maybe not. | 也许是 也许不是 |
[17:16] | I’m telling myself a lot of things, Amy. | 我说服了自己好多事 艾米 |
[17:21] | What happened to your other flip-flop? | 那你剩下的那只人字拖去哪里了 |
[17:23] | Oh, well, that involves what I am telling myself was a… | 那个就涉及到一块我说服自己是 |
[17:27] | melted candy bar. | 融化的巧克力棒的东西了 |
[17:34] | Okay. I-I’m sorry. | 好吧 太心疼你了 |
[17:37] | Is there anything I can do to help? | 我能帮你做点什么吗 |
[17:39] | Yes. I want you to be in charge of our wedding. | 有 我希望由你来负责我们的婚礼 |
[17:44] | Just you tell me where and when, | 只需把地点和时间告诉我 |
[17:46] | and I will show up with a boutonniere | 我会佩着胸花 |
[17:48] | and close-toed shoes and a… | 穿着不露脚趾的鞋子 |
[17:51] | a Star Trek uniform underneath my tuxedo. | 还有晚礼服下的《星际迷航》制服来参加 |
[17:55] | That last part is non-negotiable. | 最后这部分绝对没得商量 |
[17:59] | Are you sure that’s what you want? | 你确定这是你想要的吗 |
[18:02] | As sure as I’m about to go bathe in Purell. | 就像我打算在洗手液里泡澡一样确定 |
[18:08] | – I love you. – I love you, too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[18:11] | You know, ever since I was a young girl, | 我从小姑娘开始 |
[18:15] | I-I’ve dreamed of a June wedding, | 就一直梦想着一场六月的婚礼 |
[18:17] | maybe on a cliff overlooking the ocean at sunset. | 也许是在可以看到海边夕阳的悬崖边上 |
[18:23] | Sure. | 好呀 |
[18:28] | Sounds wonderful. | 听起来很不错 |
[18:30] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go clean up. | 现在请允许我去清洗一下 |
[18:37] | Outdoor wedding. | 露天婚礼 |
[18:41] | I know what I’ll be using that cliff for. | 我知道我会用那悬崖来干什么 |
[18:50] | I call this meeting of the Council of Sheldons to order. | 我宣布现在召开谢尔顿理事会常务会议 |
[18:54] | Let’s take roll. | 开始点名 |
[18:57] | Science Sheldon? | 科学谢尔顿 |
[18:58] | Present. | 到 |
[19:01] | Texas Sheldon? | 德州谢尔顿 |
[19:03] | Howdy. | 在这嘎达 |
[19:06] | Fanboy Sheldon? | 狂热粉丝谢尔顿 |
[19:08] | Greetings. | 向你问好 |
[19:11] | Germaphobe Sheldon? | 洁癖谢尔顿 |
[19:13] | Say it, don’t spray it. | 说话别喷口水 |
[19:18] | Where is Jock Sheldon? | 运动员谢尔顿去哪里了 |
[19:22] | Not the time, humorous Sheldon. | 现在别开玩笑 搞笑谢尔顿 |
[19:26] | Ok, new business. | 新的议题 |
[19:28] | Do we grant layback Sheldon a seat on the council? | 我们是否同意授予懒散谢尔顿一个理事会席位 |
[19:32] | Hey, whatever you guys want. | 随便你们吧 |
[19:36] | 美国民谣歌手 获得16年诺贝尔文学奖后 拖了很久才去领奖 | |
[19:36] | I’m just chill like Bob Dylan. | 我和鲍勃·迪伦一样无所谓 |
[19:40] | Negative. | 拒绝 |
[19:41] | Heck no! | 没门 |
[19:42] | I don’t feel well. | 我感觉不舒服 |
[19:48] | Can we kick him out too? | 我们能把他也踢走吗 |