时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Buona sera, Luigi’s Pizza. | 晚上好 路易吉披萨[意大利语] |
[00:07] | Buona sera. | 晚上好[意大利语] |
[00:08] | It means good evening in Italian. | 这是意大利语的”晚上好” |
[00:11] | May I say, having to explain that to you calls into question | 我想说 跟你解释这个问题 |
[00:14] | the authenticity of your ristorante? | 让我对你们”餐厅”的正宗性产生了怀疑 |
[00:18] | Okay, I’m out of here. | 我出去了 |
[00:19] | Un momento. | 稍等[意大利语] |
[00:21] | Oh, for heaven’s sake. | 我的老天爷呀 |
[00:22] | Now you’re being deliberately stupid. | 现在你是真心在装傻了吧 |
[00:25] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[00:26] | I’m having dinner with Priya at Raj’s. | 我要去拉杰那儿跟普丽娅共进晚餐 |
[00:28] | I think Howard’s going to be there. You want to join us? | 我觉得霍华德也会去 你也来吗 |
[00:30] | But tonight’s Thursday. | 可今天是星期四啊 |
[00:31] | On Thursdays, everybody comes over here | 每个星期四大家都会过来 |
[00:33] | and has pizza. | 一起吃披萨 |
[00:35] | Or a reasonable facsimile | 或者是看菜单挺正宗 |
[00:37] | prepared by someone claiming to be Luigi, | 说是由某位叫路易吉做的 |
[00:39] | but who sounds suspiciously like Jackie Chan. | 可电话里的声音却听着山寨得像成龙 |
[00:43] | Can’t we make a one-time exception for tonight? | 咱们今晚就不能破例一次吗 |
[00:45] | We could. | 行啊 |
[00:46] | We could also stop using the letter “M,” | 咱今晚也可以不用字母”M” |
[00:49] | but I think that idea is isguided and oronic. | 但我觉得这主意挺”呼导”[误导]挺”奥残”[脑残]的 |
[00:53] | Just come with me to Raj’s. | 跟我一起去拉杰家吧 |
[00:55] | Well, I don’t want to go to a party. | 我不想参加派对 |
[00:56] | It’s not a party. It’s the same group of people | 不是派对 就是原来的一群 |
[00:58] | who hang out here hanging out over there. | 在这里聚的人今天去那里聚 |
[01:00] | I’m sorry, but five people eating and chatting is a party. | 不好意思 但是五个人一起吃饭聊天就是派对 |
[01:04] | How come it’s not a party when we do it here? | 那为啥在咱们这儿不算派对 |
[01:07] | Because we don’t throw parties. | 因为我们从来不办派对啊 |
[01:09] | I don’t know what to tell you, Sheldon. | 我不知道该怎么跟你说了 谢尔顿 |
[01:10] | I’m going to see Priya. Everyone’s over there. | 我要去见普丽娅 大家都去的 |
[01:12] | You coming or not? | 你来不来 |
[01:13] | Well, no, sir, and do you know why? | 当然不去 知道为啥吗 |
[01:15] | In a word: | 一个词 |
[01:16] | tradition. | 传统 |
[01:18] | Every Thursday night for the last eight years, | 在过去这八年的每个周四晚上 |
[01:21] | you and I and our friends have gathered here | 你和我还有我们的朋友们聚在这里 |
[01:23] | in this very spot to break bread covered with cheese and sauce, | 就在这里切开覆盖着起司和酱料的面包[暗指披萨] |
[01:28] | discuss the issues of the day, | 讨论当日话题 |
[01:30] | and yes, share a laugh or two. | 没错 还有分享欢乐 |
[01:33] | But I guess our rich heritage means nothing to you. | 但我猜这些宝贵的回忆对你来说一文不值 |
[01:37] | I guess you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[01:37] | – See you later. – Wait! | -回见 -等等 |
[01:38] | Leonard! Wait! | 莱纳德 等等 |
[01:40] | What am I going to do for dinner? | 那我晚上吃啥啊 |
[01:42] | Come with me to Raj’s and eat there. | 跟我一起去拉杰家吃饭啊 |
[01:44] | I can’t do that. | 我可不干 |
[01:45] | What if he serves haggis and blood pudding? | 万一他做了羊杂碎和黑香肠呢 |
[01:50] | I really doubt that’s what he’ll serve. | 我对他会上这两道菜深表怀疑 |
[01:52] | But what if he does? | 万一他做了呢 |
[01:54] | I’ll be obliged to dine | 我就不得不 |
[01:55] | on liver and lungs stuffed in a sheep’s stomach. | 吃包在羊肚里煮熟的肝和肺了 |
[01:58] | And frankly, blood pudding is essentially the same thing. | 说实在的 黑香肠差不多也是一样的 |
[02:01] | I don’t know why he’s serving both. | 我不知道他为啥整这俩菜 |
[02:04] | What do you want to do? | 你到底想干啥 |
[02:05] | You want to come with me, or do you want to sit here alone? | 是跟我一起去还是一个人待在家里 |
[02:07] | No, I’ll go to your haggis party. | 算了 我还是去你的杂碎派对吧 |
[02:10] | But I’m telling you. | 但我得跟你说 |
[02:11] | This is adness. This is utter and complete adness. | 这太”轰狂”[疯狂]了 绝对是太”轰狂”[疯狂]了 |
[02:41] | Oh, dear! | 天啊 |
[02:42] | – What? – Raj’s television. | -咋了 -拉杰的电视 |
[02:44] | I just realized | 我刚才意识到 |
[02:45] | we’re about to spend an evening watching a plasma screen | 我们整晚都得看着 |
[02:48] | with a cluster of dead pixels in the upper left-hand corner. | 左上角还有一坨坏点的等离子电视 |
[02:52] | So don’t watch TV. | 那就别看电视了呗 |
[02:53] | Read a book. | 看书吧 |
[02:54] | And be a social pariah? | 想显得不合群吗 |
[02:55] | Oh, you know that’s not my style. | 你知道那不是哥的风格 |
[03:02] | The audible sigh is a show of exasperation, right? | 你叹气是因为懊恼 对吧 |
[03:06] | Right. | 对 |
[03:07] | Is it about me or the dead pixels? | 是因为我还是坏点 |
[03:11] | Hey, you’re just in time. | 嗨 你俩来得正好 |
[03:12] | We made Tex-Mex. | 我们做了德墨风味的小菜 |
[03:14] | Oh, sounds great. | 听起来不错哦 |
[03:15] | Oh, Indians making Tex-Mex. | 印度佬做德墨菜啊 |
[03:17] | Might as well have had the Chinese pizza. | 还不如吃中式披萨呢 |
[03:21] | Hey, you. | 你来啦 |
[03:22] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:25] | That’s got to be fun for you, huh? | 对你来说肯定很有意思 对吧 |
[03:28] | Watching Hofstadter suck the saliva | 看着霍夫斯塔德在你妹妹嘴里 |
[03:30] | out of your sister’s mouth? | 吮吸唾液 |
[03:33] | Excuse me. Before this evening goes any further, | 不好意思 在今晚开始之前 |
[03:35] | we need to decide where everyone is going to sit. | 我们得先定好谁坐在哪儿 |
[03:39] | There is no assigned seats, Sheldon. | 又没有人预定座位 谢尔顿 |
[03:41] | Just sit anywhere. Make yourself comfortable. | 随便找个地儿坐呗 别太拘束哈 |
[03:43] | Oh, what fun. | 真有意思 |
[03:45] | We’re like hippies at a love-in. | 我们就像是友爱集会里的嬉皮士 |
[03:48] | Just sit here. | 就坐这儿吧 |
[03:49] | Right on, man. Right on. | 马上 哥们儿 马上 |
[03:54] | Oh, look. | 看呐 |
[03:56] | it’s Harry Potter and 98% of The Sorcerer’s Stone. | 这不是哈利波特和百分之九十八的魔法石吗 |
[04:01] | Okay, we’ve got fajitas | 好咯 这里有玉米卷饼 |
[04:03] | with all the fixins, so you make your own. | 和各种配菜 你们自便吧 |
[04:06] | Wonderful. | 好极了 |
[04:07] | Dinner, some assembly required. | 晚饭 还得要自己动手的 |
[04:10] | Do you want a margarita, Sheldon? | 想来一杯玛格丽特吗 谢尔顿 |
[04:13] | A margarita?! | 玛格丽特 |
[04:13] | Where are we?! What is happening?! | 我们这是在哪儿啊 出什么事儿了 |
[04:19] | Oh. Hey, Sheldon. | 嗨 谢尔顿 |
[04:20] | What can I get you? | 想来点儿啥 |
[04:21] | Water. Neat. | 水 纯水 |
[04:23] | With a little umbrella. | 再放一把小伞 |
[04:26] | Where are all your friends? | 你的朋友们在哪儿呢 |
[04:27] | Sadly, Penny, this evening, I am the Dark Knight, | 可悲啊 佩妮 今晚 我就是黑暗骑士[蝙蝠侠] |
[04:31] | roaming these mean streets alone. | 独自漫步在破旧的大街上 |
[04:33] | A windbreaker for my cape, | 一件斗篷风衣披肩 |
[04:36] | and a stern expression for my cowl. | 帽檐下是冷峻的面庞 |
[04:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:43] | Excuse me? | 劳驾 |
[04:45] | Isn’t this the point where the world-weary barkeep | 难道现在不是应该有一位厌世的酒保 |
[04:47] | absentmindedly wipes down the bar | 心不在焉地一边擦柜台 |
[04:49] | and coaxes the woes out of the troubled patron? | 一遍抚慰客人心中的忧愁吗 |
[04:53] | Well, I was getting your stupid umbrella, but all right. | 我只是要帮你拿那个该死的小伞 不过好吧 |
[04:59] | What’s troubling you, buddy? | 有什么烦心事啊 伙计 |
[05:03] | I don’t think your heart’s in it, but since you asked… | 我知道你是装出来的 不过既然你问了 |
[05:06] | Apparently, because Leonard is dating Raj’s sister, | 显然 因为莱纳德在和拉杰的妹妹约会 |
[05:10] | we’re all forced to hang out at his apartment. | 我们都被迫去拉杰家里聚会 |
[05:12] | Oh, the horror. | 哦 真糟糕 |
[05:15] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[05:15] | Yeah, at one point, Raj put on reggae music, | 而且啊 拉杰在放雷鬼音乐[源自牙买加] |
[05:18] | and his sister took off her shoes. | 他妹妹还把鞋给脱了 |
[05:21] | It was like the last days of Caligula. | 简直就是卡里古拉大帝的晚年时期 |
[05:28] | Oh, I have to get this. | 这个我得接 |
[05:30] | Umbrella? | 伞呢 |
[05:34] | Wonder what she’s exasperated about. | 真不知道她有啥好恼的 |
[05:38] | Hello? | 嗨 |
[05:39] | Sheldon, are you all right? | 谢尔顿 你还好吧 |
[05:40] | When last we spoke, you were going to | 我们上次通话的时候 你正准备 |
[05:41] | take a taxi home from Raj’s, but according to Facebook, | 打车离开拉杰家 但是根据Facebook |
[05:44] | you just checked in at the Cheesecake Factory. | 你刚才进蛋糕工厂了 |
[05:46] | Yes, I was in a taxi, | 对 我之前是在打车来着 |
[05:48] | but the driver didn’t look at all | 但是司机和他运营执照上的照片 |
[05:50] | like the photograph on his license, | 长得一点都不像 |
[05:52] | so I leapt out and ran for it. | 所以我就跳下车跑过来了 |
[05:55] | Wise. | 明智 |
[05:56] | There you go. | 给你 |
[05:57] | Just like recovering alcoholics drink in the Caribbean. | 就像是加勒比海边的元气恢复酒一样 |
[06:01] | Hi, bestie. | 嗨 闺蜜 |
[06:02] | Oh. Hi, Amy. | 哦嗨 艾米 |
[06:04] | How you been? | 最近还好吗 |
[06:05] | Fine. | 很好 |
[06:06] | From this angle, I can see up your nose. | 从这个角度 我能看到你的鼻孔 |
[06:09] | Yeah, it’s a great time to be alive, isn’t it? | 是啊 活在高科技时代挺好的 对吧 |
[06:12] | Don’t worry. My problems can wait | 没关系 我的问题可以待会儿再说 |
[06:14] | while you two hens finish your clucking. | 你们两个女人接着八卦吧 |
[06:17] | Look, Sheldon, Leonard is dating Priya. | 听着 谢尔顿 莱纳德在和普丽娅约会 |
[06:19] | She is staying with Raj. | 她住在拉杰那儿 |
[06:20] | That means you’re all probably gonna be hanging out there more. | 这就意味着你们以后很可能会经常去那儿 |
[06:24] | Penny, I’m sorry you got dragged into this. | 佩妮 很抱歉把你也牵扯进来 |
[06:26] | I know you’re devastated | 我知道你伤心欲绝 |
[06:27] | that your ex-boyfriend has found an exciting new lover | 你的前男友找到了一位惊艳的新欢 |
[06:29] | with flawless, caramel-colored skin. | 而且她的小麦色皮肤美丽无瑕 |
[06:33] | Okay, I’m not upset about Leonard and Priya. | 我对莱纳德和普丽娅的事儿没啥郁闷的 |
[06:35] | Your flaring nostrils indicate otherwise. | 但你扇动的鼻翼可不是这个意思 |
[06:39] | Cluck-cluck-cluck. | 继续八吧八吧 |
[06:42] | Sheldon, look at me. | 谢尔顿 看着我 |
[06:44] | I think it’s time | 我觉得是时候 |
[06:45] | to face the fact | 面对这一现实了 |
[06:46] | that Leonard is the nucleus of your social group. | 莱纳德就是你们这个小团体的中心 |
[06:48] | Where he goes, the group goes. | 他去哪儿 你们就去哪儿 |
[06:50] | Leonard the nucleus? | 莱纳德是中心 |
[06:51] | That makes no sense. | 这没道理啊 |
[06:53] | I’m the whimsical elf | 我才是异想天开的精灵 |
[06:54] | that everyone looks to for a good time. | 让大家欢乐相聚 |
[06:58] | I’m not saying that you’re not fun. | 我不是说你很无聊 |
[07:00] | You’re the most fun person I know. | 你是我认识的最有趣的人 |
[07:04] | A lot of people think I’m fun to be around. | 很多人觉得跟我一起很有趣 |
[07:07] | Don’t be needy, bestie. | 别耍宝了 闺蜜 |
[07:09] | That’s probably part of what chased Leonard away. | 也许正是因此莱纳德离开了你 |
[07:13] | What I am saying, Sheldon, | 我的意思是 谢尔顿 |
[07:14] | is that your group is Leonard-centric. | 你们那群人是以莱纳德为中心的 |
[07:17] | If it were a town, it would be Leonardville. | 要是个小镇 就会是莱纳德镇 |
[07:19] | If it were an Islamic nation, Leonardstan. | 要是个伊斯兰国家 莱纳德斯坦 |
[07:22] | If it were the birthplace of motion pictures, | 要是电影的诞生地 |
[07:24] | we’d all be singing “Hooray for Leonardwood.” | 大家都会唱着”莱纳坞精神万岁” |
[07:27] | Ooh, I got one. | 我想到一个 |
[07:28] | If you guys were a band, | 如果你们是支乐队 |
[07:29] | you’d be called Leonard and the Leonards. | 就会是莱纳德和他朋友们 |
[07:34] | So needy. | 太耍宝了 |
[07:40] | What you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[07:41] | I’m setting out snacks. | 拿点小吃出来 |
[07:43] | You do realize everyone’s eating at Raj’s again tonight. | 今晚我们都要去拉杰家你知道的吧 |
[07:46] | I didn’t say the snacks were for you now, did I, Nosy Rosie? | 这小吃又不是给你的 诺丝·罗茜 |
[07:55] | You’re having people over? | 有人要来吗 |
[07:56] | Yes. Must be killing you wondering who. | 对 你一定好奇死了谁会来 |
[07:59] | Fine, I’ll tell you. | 好吧 我告诉你 |
[08:01] | Stuart from the comic bookstore, | 是漫画书店的斯图尔特 |
[08:03] | Barry Kripke from the university, | 同事巴里·克瑞普克 |
[08:04] | Penny’s ex-boyfriend Zack | 佩妮的前男友扎克 |
[08:06] | and TV’s LeVar Burton. | 演员勒瓦尔·布尔顿 |
[08:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:12] | LeVar Burton’s coming here? | 勒瓦尔·布尔顿也要来吗 |
[08:14] | Possibly. I Tweeted him. | 可能 我在推特上联系他了 |
[08:17] | Okay, well, tell him I loved him on Star Trek. | 好吧 告诉他我喜欢他在《星际迷航》的表演 |
[08:20] | Please, Leonard, stop trying to horn in on my new friends. | 拜托 莱纳德 别想打扰我新朋友 |
[08:24] | Of course. Good night. | 当然 晚安 |
[08:26] | – Leonard. – Yeah? | -莱纳德 -什么 |
[08:29] | We had a good run, you and I. | 之前你我共度了许多美好时光 |
[08:34] | Okay. | 好–吧 |
[08:36] | But change is a part of life. | 但变化本就是人生的一部分 |
[08:39] | It certainly is. | 当然是 |
[08:41] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:43] | I have guests coming. | 我有客人要来 |
[08:45] | I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave now. | 恐怕得请你赶紧走了 |
[08:50] | I am leaving. | 我正要走了 |
[08:51] | Don’t make this harder than it is, Leonard. | 别让离别变得更加不舍 莱纳德 |
[08:54] | Good-bye, Sheldon. | 再见 谢尔顿 |
[08:55] | And good-bye to you, sir. | 你也再见 先生 |
[09:05] | He’ll be back. | 他会回来的 |
[09:06] | Of course I’ll be back. I live here! | 我当然会回来 我住这儿 |
[09:23] | Well, it would appear | 好吧 看来 |
[09:24] | LeVar Burton won’t be joining us. | 勒瓦尔·布尔顿是不会来了 |
[09:27] | Let’s get started. | 我们开始吧 |
[09:28] | I thought we’d begin by going around the room, | 开始先在屋里四处走走 |
[09:31] | introducing ourselves | 介绍下自己 |
[09:32] | and saying a little bit about why we’re here. | 稍微说下自己为何来这 |
[09:35] | Okay. I’m Sheldon. | 好了 我是谢尔顿 |
[09:37] | Uh, for regular readers | 对于经常阅读 |
[09:38] | of The New England Journal of High Energy Physics, | 《新英格兰高能物理学》杂志的人来说 |
[09:40] | I need no introduction. | 我不需要介绍自己了 |
[09:43] | If you’re not familiar with that publication, | 如果你不熟悉那本刊物 |
[09:44] | there’s a free copy in your goody bag. | 礼品袋里有免费样书赠送 |
[09:50] | Stuart? | 斯图尔特 |
[09:52] | Um… Hi. I’m Stuart. | 大家好 我是斯图尔特 |
[09:55] | I run a comic bookstore, | 我开了家漫画书店 |
[09:57] | which for financial reasons, I’m currently living in. | 因经济原因 我最近还住在店里 |
[10:02] | I guess what I’m hoping for most out of tonight is a hot shower. | 我今晚到这最希望的是能洗个热水澡 |
[10:07] | It’s very nice, Stuart. | 很好 斯图尔特 |
[10:09] | Zack? | 扎克 |
[10:10] | I’m Zack, and I’m, uh… | 我是扎克 我呃… |
[10:14] | uh… | 这… |
[10:17] | Could you come back to me? | 我等下再说行吗 |
[10:19] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:21] | Barry? | 巴里 |
[10:22] | I’m Barry Kwipke, and I’m here | 我是巴里·克瑞普克 我来这里 |
[10:23] | because you told me there was going to be a whaffle. | 是因为你说今晚会有”凑奖” |
[10:28] | When is the whaffle? | 凑奖什么时候开始 |
[10:30] | Patience, patience, Barry. | 淡定 淡定 巴里 |
[10:31] | The whaffle… | 凑奖… |
[10:32] | The raffle is the grand finale | 抽奖是持续整晚 |
[10:36] | to an evening-long festival of fun and folly. | 玩乐放荡的压轴大戏 |
[10:39] | – One more question… – Yes, you must be present to win. | -还有个问题 -对 你一定会抽得到 |
[10:44] | Okay, I’m ready. | 好了 我准备好了 |
[10:44] | I’m Zach, and I’m, uh… | 我是扎克 我呃… |
[10:47] | Oh, crap, why is this so hard? | 讨厌 为什么这么难 |
[10:54] | Oh, hey. | 嗨 |
[10:55] | – Hi. – Yo, P-dog. | -嗨 -好啊 宅女 |
[10:58] | What’s up? | 有事吗 |
[10:59] | We’re here to kidnap you for a girls’ night out. | 我们来绑架你出去过女生之夜 |
[11:01] | Parenthetical: the term “Kidnap” is being used playfully. | 说明一下 所谓”绑架”是开玩笑的 |
[11:06] | I kind of figured that. | 我知道的 |
[11:07] | Good. Now put this pillowcase over your head. | 很好 那就把这枕头套套上去 |
[11:12] | No. | 不要 |
[11:13] | She used to be much more fun, | 她以前比这有趣多了 |
[11:14] | until Leonard punched her in the heart. | 直到莱纳德狠狠伤了她的心 |
[11:19] | We just thought you might want to go out | 我们认为你应该想出去 |
[11:20] | and have a good time, maybe go dancing. | 好好玩一下 或者去跳跳舞 |
[11:22] | Oh. Gee, thanks, but I’m not really in the mood. | 天 谢谢 可我现在没心情 |
[11:25] | You do understand that it will distract you | 你要知道 沉醉到其他各种 |
[11:27] | from obsessing over the rich variety of sweet loving | 甜蜜可爱事情上 能让你不去注意 |
[11:29] | that your ex-boyfriend | 你的前男友 |
[11:30] | is currently receiving from the fiery jewel of Mumbai. | 正得到孟买火热宝贝的青睐 |
[11:35] | Okay, look, | 好吧 |
[11:35] | if I agree to go out with you guys, | 我要是同意跟你们出去玩 |
[11:37] | will you promise to stop pestering me about Leonard and Priya? | 你们要保证不拿莱纳德和普丽娅的事烦我 |
[11:40] | – Yes. – Sure. | -好的 -当然 |
[11:41] | All right. I’ll go change. Come on in. | 好吧 我去换衣服 进来吧 |
[11:44] | If you’d have let me bring the chloroform, | 你要是让我带了哥罗芳[迷药] |
[11:45] | we wouldn’t have had to put up with all this jibber-jabber. | 我们就不必说刚才那么多废话了 |
[11:51] | Anyway, after we get done snowboarding, | 总之 我们滑雪滑累了之后 |
[11:53] | I go back to the lodge and get in the Jacuzzi. | 我就回旅馆 泡极可意按摩浴缸了 |
[11:55] | There’s no one around, so naturally, I’m free-balling it. | 周围没有人 所以我自然就让蛋蛋出来呼吸了 |
[12:00] | Next thing I know, | 然后 |
[12:01] | this beautiful chick shows up, | 有位美女突然出现 |
[12:02] | drunk out of her skull, wants to get in with me. | 喝得醉醺醺地 想跟我共浴 |
[12:05] | Question. | 提问 |
[12:06] | Was it a Jacuzzi or a hot tub? | 那是极可意浴缸还是热水浴缸 |
[12:09] | Really? That’s your question? | 你坑爹呢? 就想问这个?! |
[12:12] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[12:14] | “Jacuzzi” is a commercial brand. | 极可意浴缸是种商业品牌 |
[12:16] | “Hot tub” is the generic term. | 热水浴缸是通用术语 |
[12:18] | I.E., all Jacuzzis are hot tubs, | 就是说 所有极可意都是热水浴缸 |
[12:20] | but not all hot tubs are Jacuzzis. | 但并非所有热水浴缸都是极可意 |
[12:23] | Is that like all thumbs are fingers, | 是不是就像所有拇指都是手指 |
[12:25] | but not all fingers are thumbs? | 但并非所有手指都是拇指 |
[12:28] | Surprisingly, yes. | 没想到啊 是的 |
[12:31] | Nice. | 很好 |
[12:33] | Now, what exactly are toes? | 那脚趾到底是什么 |
[12:38] | Can you please get back to the drunk girl? | 能否跳回去继续说那醉妞 |
[12:40] | I’d like something to think about in the shower. | 我洗澡的时候需要点想象的灵感啊 |
[12:43] | Oh, yeah. | 对了 |
[12:44] | Right. Anyway, she takes off all of her clothes, | 总之 她也脱光光了 |
[12:46] | climbs into the hot tub, and the first thing I notice… | 爬进了热水浴缸 我首先注意到的是… |
[12:48] | The water level rose. | 水面上升了 |
[12:52] | No. | 不是 |
[12:53] | Of course it did. | 水位当然要上升 |
[12:54] | It’s said that Archimedes, | 据说阿基米德 |
[12:55] | the ancient Greek mathematician, | 古希腊数学家 |
[12:57] | discovered the principle of displacement while taking a bath. | 就是泡澡时发现了浮力定律 |
[13:02] | Terrific. Go ahead, Zack. | 太棒了 继续说 扎克 |
[13:03] | Naked drunk girl, free-balling, continue. | 光光的醉妞 光光的蛋蛋 继续 |
[13:06] | Forgive me, but I think you’ll find | 抱歉 但我觉得你们会发现 |
[13:08] | my story is more interesting. | 我的故事更有趣 |
[13:09] | Does yours have wet breasts in it? | 你的故事里也有沾露娇乳吗 |
[13:13] | Better. | 比这更好 |
[13:14] | It has a gold crown. | 里面有个金冠 |
[13:16] | You see, the king wondered how much gold was in it | 国王想知道金冠中有多少黄金 |
[13:18] | and charged Archimedes with coming up with the solution. | 让阿基米德想个办法测出来 |
[13:21] | Because the crown was irregularly shaped, | 因为金冠形状不规则 |
[13:23] | there was no way to mathematically determine its volume. | 无法用数学计算出体积 |
[13:25] | But, while bathing, Archimedes realized | 但在泡澡时 阿基米德突然想到 |
[13:28] | he could immerse the crown | 可以把金冠浸入水中 |
[13:30] | and measure the amount the water rose. | 量出水面上升的数值以计算体积 |
[13:36] | So, long story short, I nailed her. | 长话短说 我上了她 |
[13:43] | When he finished, he shouted “Eureka!” | 想出来后 他高叫着”我找到了”[希腊语] |
[13:46] | No, I always shout, “Holy moly!” | 不 我总是叫”天哪” |
[13:49] | Don’t know why. Just do. | 不知道为什么 反正就这么叫 |
[13:54] | All right, | 好吧 |
[13:55] | that concludes the “Getting to know you” Portion of the evening. | 今晚的”让我们了解你”部分到此为止 |
[13:57] | Who’s ready to play some vintage video games? | 谁想来玩些复古游戏 |
[14:00] | And tonight’s selections include | 今晚的选择包括 |
[14:02] | ColecoVision’s “Smurf Rescue in Gargamel’s Castle,” | ColecoVision的”蓝精灵救援之格格巫城堡” |
[14:06] | Atari’s “Cookie Monster Munch,” | 雅达利的”饼干怪兽大口嚼”[是一款《芝麻街》电玩] |
[14:08] | and for you text adventure aficionados, | 以及给你们这种文字冒险游戏迷准备的 |
[14:11] | “Zork.” | “索克” |
[14:13] | Pick me, pick me. I’m fun. | 选我选我 我可好玩啦 |
[14:19] | That all sucks the big hairy meatball. | 里面那个长毛大肉球可恶心了 |
[14:23] | How about I go get the karaoke machine out of my car, | 我去把我车上的卡拉OK机拿出来 |
[14:25] | get plastered and blow the roof off this place? | 喝个酩酊大醉 然后把放声高歌把屋顶掀飞 怎么样 |
[14:28] | Great, I’ll make a beer run. | 很好 我负责买啤酒 |
[14:29] | And I’ll take a shower. | 那我负责去洗澡 |
[14:30] | We’ll meet back here in 15. | 15分钟后见 |
[14:32] | Check. | 就这么定了 |
[14:38] | I’m unhappy. | 我负责不高兴 |
[14:41] | This is delicious. | 真好吃 |
[14:43] | Where’d you learn to make chili? | 你这辣椒汤在哪儿学的 |
[14:45] | When I was at university in England, | 我在英国读大学的时候 |
[14:47] | my flatmate was from Texas. | 我室友是得克萨斯州人 |
[14:48] | I hope she wasn’t anything like my flatmate from Texas. | 希望她不跟我那位得克萨斯室友一样 |
[14:52] | Sheldon is a bit quirky, isn’t he? | 谢尔顿有点古怪 对吧 |
[14:54] | Oh, please. That crazy bastard’s looking | 拜托 回顾那个混蛋疯子的人生 |
[14:56] | at quirky in the rearview mirror. | 全都是古怪这个词儿呢 |
[15:01] | Did you know that, per our roommate agreement, | 你们知道吗 我们的室友协议里面规定 |
[15:03] | I have to wash my feet before I get in the shower? | 我必须在洗澡前先把脚洗干净 |
[15:06] | And not in the sink. | 而且还不能在水池子里洗 |
[15:07] | We each have special buckets. | 所以我们各有一个特制的小桶 |
[15:10] | Raj, did you ever tell your sister | 拉杰 你有告诉过你妹妹 |
[15:11] | about the time Sheldon got punched by Bill Gates? | 谢尔顿曾被比尔·盖茨扁过吗 |
[15:14] | – Oh, God, you’re kidding. – Nope. | -天啊 你开玩笑呢吧 -真的 |
[15:16] | Gates gave a speech at the university. | 盖茨来大学里演讲 |
[15:18] | Sheldon went up to him afterwards and said, | 结束后 谢尔顿走过去跟他说 |
[15:19] | “Maybe if you weren’t so distracted | “如果你不是为非洲的病童 |
[15:21] | by sick children in Africa, | 那么劳神的话 |
[15:22] | you could have put a little more thought into Windows Vista.” | 或许你能有多一点想法 好好弄弄Windows Vista” |
[15:28] | Bam. Right in the nose. | 砰 正中鼻头 |
[15:31] | Made me proud to own a PC. | 顿时让我觉得 拥有一台电脑是多么骄傲的事情 |
[15:34] | I’d like to propose a toast | 我提议为今晚举杯欢庆 |
[15:35] | to a rare and wonderful Sheldon-free evening. | 为这完全摆脱谢尔顿的珍贵而美妙的夜晚 |
[15:39] | – Hear, hear. – Cheers. | -说得对 -干杯 |
[15:42] | You realize that’s the first time we’ve ever done that | 你们发现这是破天荒头一遭 我们举杯欢庆 |
[15:43] | without having to listen to Sheldon tell us | 而不被谢尔顿强迫科普 |
[15:45] | why it’s called a toast? | 何为祝酒吗 |
[15:48] | Why is it called a toast? | 那何为祝酒 |
[15:49] | Oh, the ancient Romans | 古罗马人 |
[15:50] | put spiced toast in their punch bowls. | 把香喷喷的面包片放到他们的酒碗里 |
[15:55] | Sheldon tells it better. | 谢尔顿解释得更好 |
[15:59] | – He kind of does. – Yeah. | -好像是 -的确是 |
[16:03] | Aw, hell, I miss him. | 该死的 我想他了 |
[16:09] | So, where do you guys want to go dancing? | 那你们想去哪里跳舞 |
[16:11] | We were hoping you’d know a place. | 我们希望你会知道个好地方 |
[16:13] | Yes, perhaps somewhere packed tightly | 对 或许那里上演着 |
[16:14] | with young, beautiful bodies | 一场超棒的肉体狂欢会 |
[16:16] | sweating and writhing against each other | 紧身的衣服藏不住年轻美丽的躯体 |
[16:17] | in a glorious orgy of the flesh. | 大家挥洒着汗水 相互扭成一团 |
[16:20] | Oh, yeah, I know that place. | 没错 我是知道这么个地方 |
[16:24] | What do you think? | 这身怎么样 |
[16:25] | That should display enough of your bosom | 应该能充分展示你的胸襟 |
[16:27] | to attract a new mate, or a hungry infant. | 好吸引一个新男友 或是一个饥饿的婴儿 |
[16:30] | Okay, let’s go through this one more time. | 够了 我再跟你们重申一次 |
[16:33] | Just because Leonard has a new girlfriend | 只因莱纳德有了新女友 |
[16:35] | does not mean I need to go out and hook up with some guy. | 并不意味着我要出去勾引一个新男友 |
[16:37] | But you could if you wanted to, right? | 但如果你想你就可以 不是吗 |
[16:39] | Well, yeah, I guess. | 话是这么说 没错 |
[16:41] | Pick out the hottest guy in the room, | 从房间里挑选出一位最辣的猛男 |
[16:43] | take him home, do unspeakable things to him, | 把他带回家 跟他做一些不能说的秘密 |
[16:45] | then kick him to the curb with a smile on his face | 然后让他面带微笑 臀带牙印 |
[16:47] | and teeth marks on his heinie? | 滚到路边 |
[16:52] | More or less. | 差不多吧 |
[16:54] | What’s that like? | 那是种怎样的滋味呀 |
[16:57] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[16:58] | It’s fun while you’re doing it. | 当你做的时候 乐在其中 |
[16:59] | And then after, it’s mostly embarrassment, | 但过后 大多时候会尴尬 |
[17:01] | self-loathing and regret. | 自我厌恶和后悔 |
[17:04] | I would take that deal all day long. | 我愿意整天都享受这种滋味 |
[17:08] | Yeah, well, it’s not gonna happen tonight. | 好吧 但今晚不会发生这种事 |
[17:10] | You know, for the first time in my life, | 这是我人生中第一次 |
[17:12] | I am not in a relationship, | 不谈恋爱 |
[17:13] | and I’m totally okay with it. | 我也完全觉得没有关系 |
[17:15] | You know, if being on your own is new to you, | 如果独自一人对你来说很新鲜 |
[17:17] | I’d be happy to share some tension-relieving techniques | 我很乐意跟你分享一些 我这么多年来爱用的 |
[17:20] | for ladies I’ve perfected over the years. | 解除空窗期紧张的女士专用科技产品 |
[17:24] | For example, do you have an electric toothbrush? | 比如 你有电动牙刷吗 |
[17:29] | Um, no. | 没有 |
[17:30] | You should get one. | 那你应该买一个 |
[17:34] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[17:35] | It appears to be something preserved | 好像是保存的某些东西 |
[17:37] | between two pieces of acrylic. | 夹在两片丙烯酸树脂之间 |
[17:39] | Oh, it’s a snowflake from the North Pole. | 那是来自北极的雪花片 |
[17:41] | Leonard gave it to me last year. | 莱纳德去年给我的 |
[17:43] | Oh, God, that is so romantic. | 天啊 真浪漫 |
[17:45] | Yeah, it was. | 是呀 曾经是 |
[17:48] | Leonard’s really one of a kind. | 莱纳德真是独一无二的情种 |
[17:50] | Saying that while holding a snowflake | 一边拿着雪花一边说这话 |
[17:51] | is a bit heavy-handed, don’t you think? | 不觉得手上的东西有点儿沉么 |
[17:54] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[17:59] | Oh, screw it. | 去它的破雪花 |
[18:00] | I can deal with a little self-loathing. | 一点半点的自我厌恶 姐还是能处理的 |
[18:01] | Let’s go find me a heinie to bite. | 走吧 找个小翘臀让姐咬一口 |
[18:05] | Outstanding. | 人才呀 |
[18:06] | And if we fail, we can always stop at CVS | 如果失败了 我们可以在CVS停车 |
[18:08] | and pick you out a nice toothbrush. | 然后给你买个厉害的电动牙刷 |
[18:12] | I call mine “Gerard.” | 我管我的牙刷叫”杰拉德” |
[18:17] | That’s kind of creepy. | 这有点太怪了 |
[18:21] | * Don’t go breaking my heart * | * 不要让我心碎 * |
[18:24] | * I couldn’t if I tried * | * 如果我奋力一搏 结果也枉然 * |
[18:28] | * Oh, honey, if I get restless * | * 亲爱的 如果我焦躁不安 * |
[18:32] | * Baby, you’re not that kind * | * 宝贝 你不是这种人 * |
[18:37] | * Don’t go breaking my heart * | * 不要让我心碎 * |
[18:41] | Anybody do “Walking on Sunshine” Yet? | 有人唱《走在阳光里》了吗 |
[18:45] | No. | 没有 |
[18:46] | Dibs. | 那我定啦 |
[18:52] | I’m sorry, Sheldon bought a loom | 抱歉 你是说谢尔顿买了台织布机 |
[18:54] | and learned how to weave? | 然后学习织布吗 |
[18:56] | He actually got pretty good. | 他其实学得挺好的 |
[18:57] | He made us all matching serapes. | 他给我们都做一件相配的毛毯 |
[19:00] | I still wear mine when there’s a nip in the air. | 每当寒风刺骨的时候 我还会拿出来披上 |
[19:04] | Now, was this before | 那是在他养那25只猫 |
[19:05] | or after he adopted the 25 cats? | 的之前还是之后 |
[19:07] | Long before the cats. | 在养猫很久之前 |
[19:09] | I think it was around the time he tried | 我觉得好像是在他试着宣告 |
[19:10] | to declare our apartment a sovereign nation. | 我们的公寓是个主权国家的那段时间 |
[19:14] | I still have some of the currency. | 我至今还留有些货币呢 |
[19:17] | All my friends. | 我的朋友们 |
[19:19] | All my friends. | 我的朋友们 |
[19:21] | All my friends. | 我的朋友们 |
[19:25] | I think it’s like Beetlejuice. | 我觉得就跟《 阴间大法师》一样 |
[19:26] | We said his name too many times. | 咱们刚才总是念叨谢尔顿 |
[19:31] | – Come on in. – Thank you. | -快进来 -谢谢 |
[19:33] | Hey. I thought you were with your new buddies. | 我还以为你跟你的新朋友在一起呢 |
[19:35] | I had to leave. | 我必须得离开 |
[19:37] | They were having fun wrong. | 他们的玩乐方式有误 |
[19:40] | Come here, Sheldon. Sit here with me. | 过来 谢尔顿 跟我坐 |
[19:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:43] | Would you like some homemade chili? | 你来点私房辣椒汤吗 |
[19:46] | Are there beans in it? | 汤里有豆子吗 |
[19:49] | Yes. | 有 |
[19:49] | Then it’s not chili. | 那就不是辣椒汤 |
[19:51] | Real chili has no beans in it, | 地道的辣椒汤是没有豆子的 |
[19:53] | but you’re from a foreign land, | 但由于你是来自异乡人 |
[19:54] | so your ignorance is forgiven. | 你的无知可以被谅解 |
[19:59] | Sheldon, do you want some or not? | 谢尔顿 你要还是不要 |
[20:01] | Yes, please. | 要 谢谢 |
[20:03] | Your girlfriend’s a little short-tempered. | 你女人的脾气有点毛躁呀 |
[20:06] | I’d like to propose a toast | 我提议举杯欢庆 |
[20:10] | to friends, no matter how quirky. | 致朋友们 不管他有多古怪 |
[20:12] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[20:15] | Priya, do you know why this is called a toast? | 普丽娅 你知道何为祝酒吗 |
[20:18] | Actually, I do. | 这我还真知道 |
[20:20] | I believe the Romans used to put spiced toast | 是罗马人把香喷喷的面包 |
[20:22] | in their punch bowls. | 放进他们的酒碗里 |
[20:25] | She’s also a bit of a know-it-all. | 她还有点假装博学多闻 |
[20:29] | Mmm. This is good. | 这挺好吃的 |
[20:32] | Whatever it is. | 先不管地不地道吧 |
[20:40] | * I’m walking on sunshine * | * 我走在阳光里 * |
[20:44] | * I’m walking on sunshine * | * 我走在阳光里 * |
[20:49] | Hello? I… | 你好 我 |
[20:49] | * I’m walking on sunshine * | * 我走在阳光里 * |
[20:54] | Oh, I don’t think so. | 我还是走吧 |
[20:57] | I am so done with Twitter. | 推特什么的玩儿蛋去吧 |