时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Ma, Ma, calm down. | 老妈 淡定 |
[00:06] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[00:07] | I know it says click with the mouse, | 我知道上面说着用鼠标点击 |
[00:08] | but on a laptop, the trackpad is the mouse. | 但在笔记本电脑上 触控板就相当于鼠标了 |
[00:11] | Now, put your finger on it. | 现在 把你的手指放上去 |
[00:14] | Doesn’t matter which finger. | 无所谓用哪根手指 |
[00:17] | Good choice. | 明智的选择 |
[00:20] | Now move it down to your e-mail icon. | 现在把指针移到电子邮件图标上 |
[00:22] | Yeah, the little envelope. | 对 就是那个小信封图标 |
[00:25] | What do you mean, “What does it look like?” | 什么叫”它长什么样” |
[00:27] | It looks like an envelope! | 它当然长个信封样! |
[00:29] | Fine, you don’t like the computer, | 行啊 你要是不喜欢电脑 |
[00:30] | don’t use it! | 那就别用了 |
[00:32] | Sure, we can exchange it for a salad spinner. Good-bye! | 行啊 我们可以换个沙拉搅拌机 再见 |
[00:38] | That’s a Hanukkah present you’re regretting, huh? | 这就是你一直后悔买的那个光明节礼物吧 |
[00:42] | I won’t say that all senior citizens | 我不能说所有无法掌握当代技术的 |
[00:45] | who can’t master technology should be publicly flogged, | 老年人就应该被当众鞭策一番 |
[00:48] | but if we made an example of one or two, | 但倘若我们拿一两位作为案例 |
[00:50] | it might give the others incentive to try harder. | 或许能更好的鞭策他人努力学习呢 |
[00:55] | I had a great idea. | 我有个好主意 |
[00:57] | You know how we’re always having | 我们总会被迫停下工作 |
[00:58] | to stop and solve differential equations, | 去解某些微分方程式吧 |
[01:00] | like when you’re doing Fourier analysis, | 比如你做傅里叶分析的时候 |
[01:02] | or using the Schr dinger equation? | 或是用到薛定谔方程的时候 |
[01:04] | Howard doesn’t. He’s only an engineer. | 霍华德用不到那个 他只不过是个工程师 |
[01:07] | I was thinking, we could write a little app | 我一直在想其实我们可以写个小程序 |
[01:10] | that would use handwriting recognition, | 通过使用手写识别技术 |
[01:12] | and then run it through a symbolic evaluation engine. | 然后通过一个符号运算引擎来计算 |
[01:14] | You just use your smartphone, | 这样 只要你使用你的智能手机 |
[01:16] | take a picture of the equation and bam! | 把你的方程式拍出来后就迎刃而解了 |
[01:18] | You know what’s a great app? The one that makes fart noises. | 你们知道什么应用程序算牛吗 能制造放屁声的程序 |
[01:27] | You know, Leonard, | 知道吗 莱纳德 |
[01:29] | that’s actually a valid idea. | 那的确是个可行的主意 |
[01:31] | Very good. | 真的不错哦 |
[01:33] | Can you say that and not make it sound like I’m a cat | 你的口吻能否别弄得像是”我是一只刚学会 |
[01:35] | who learned how to use the toilet? | 如何上厕所的猫”似的 |
[01:39] | No. | 不行 |
[01:40] | The two achievements are equally surprising | 两项成就都让人感到啧啧称奇 |
[01:42] | and equally admirable, | 同样令人钦佩 |
[01:43] | though if pressed, | 但如果要选的话 |
[01:44] | I’d have to give a slight edge to the cat. | 我不得不说那只猫的成就更胜一筹 |
[01:47] | I’ll save you the pain and nervousness | 我还是拯救你于水火之中 |
[01:49] | of waiting for the answer. | 给你一个你期待已久的答案吧 |
[01:51] | I agree to be part of your project. Congratulations. | 我同意参与你的计划 恭喜你 |
[01:55] | Oh, yay for me. | 我的荣幸啊 |
[01:58] | What about you guys? | 你们怎么说 |
[01:59] | I can’t promise anything, | 我不敢保证什么 |
[02:00] | but people do make money off stuff like this. | 但有人就用这种东西赚到过钱呢 |
[02:02] | A few extra bucks would be nice. | 能赚点外快也是不错的选择 |
[02:04] | I could finally move out of my mother’s house. | 我终于能从我妈家搬出去了 |
[02:06] | Where would you go? | 你搬到哪去呢 |
[02:07] | I always dreamed about | 我一直梦想着能在车库上面 |
[02:08] | building a little place of my own over the garage | 搭造起属于自己的小天地 |
[02:13] | You know, if I made more money, I could take time off from work | 如果我挣到更多的钱 我就能从工作中抽身 |
[02:15] | and give pretty girls submarine rides. | 带着美女来一趟潜艇之旅了 |
[02:18] | What’s that? | 那是什么玩意 |
[02:18] | Some weird sex thing? | 某种诡异的性爱方式吗 |
[02:22] | No. | 不是啊 |
[02:23] | You take pretty girls underwater | 就是你带着美女坐在你的 |
[02:24] | in your private submarine, and you show them fish. | 私人潜艇里 让她们欣赏鱼儿 |
[02:27] | Why does everything have to be dirty with you? | 为什么所有事到你这都要龌龊一下 |
[02:30] | I was thinking we could work on this at night, | 我想我们可以在晚上一起做这个 |
[02:33] | and then maybe in a couple of weeks, | 也许经过几周的努力后 |
[02:34] | we’ll have ourselves an app to sell. | 就能有我们自己的应用程序贩售了 |
[02:36] | Sounds like we’re in business. | 我们这听起来像是在做生意啊 |
[02:38] | I think we should take a picture to capture this moment. | 我认为我们应该拍一张 留住这精彩的瞬间 |
[02:40] | – Yeah. – Oh! | -好啊 -哦 |
[02:47] | Was that the best 99 cents I ever spent, or what? | 你们说 这是不是我99美分花的最值的一次 |
[03:16] | I checked the App Store. | 我查过应用商店了 |
[03:17] | No one is doing | 还没人做过 |
[03:18] | handwriting-recognition differential equation solving. | 手写识别解微分方程的应用程序呢 |
[03:20] | Oh, dear Lord, shush. | 天呐 你小声点 |
[03:24] | What? | 为什么 |
[03:25] | You have so few good ideas, Leonard. | 你好不容易能有个好点子 莱纳德 |
[03:27] | And you’re just going to spill the beans | 你打算就这么轻易地把它 |
[03:28] | in front of an outsider? | 当着一个外人的面泄露出去吗 |
[03:38] | Who, me? | 说谁呢 我吗 |
[03:39] | Sheldon, I don’t think Penny cares | 谢尔顿 我不觉得佩妮 |
[03:41] | about handwriting-recognition based differential… | 多在乎这个基于手写识别技术的微分… |
[03:43] | *The stars at night are big and bright* | *夜晚的星星大而亮呀* |
[03:46] | *Deep in the heart of Texas* | *深深地埋藏在德州的中央* |
[03:49] | She’s not going to steal our idea. | 她不会来盗取我们的点子 |
[03:51] | – What idea? – We’re gonna write an application… | -什么点子 -我们要写一个应用程序… |
[03:53] | *The prairie sky is wide and high* | *草原的星空宽而高呀* |
[03:55] | *Deep in the heart…* | *深深地埋藏在…* |
[03:56] | Okay, stop, stop! | 行了 别唱了 |
[03:58] | *Of Texas* | *德州的中央* |
[04:00] | Whatever your secret is, | 无论你们的秘密是什么 |
[04:01] | I’m sure it’s boring, so I’m not interested. | 我确信它必定无聊至极 所以我不会有兴趣的 |
[04:04] | It’s not boring at all. | 一点也不无聊啊 |
[04:06] | You see, in higher order mathematics, | 你想想 在高阶数学中 |
[04:07] | there are certain sets | 一定会有 |
[04:08] | – of equations that… – Bored. | -联立方程组 它们有时… -无聊 |
[04:11] | Satisfied? | 满意了吗 |
[04:12] | Hardly. | 恐怕很难 |
[04:13] | Consider this unlikely but very plausible scenario. | 试想一下这个不太可能却又非常真实的情节吧 |
[04:16] | A young woman alone in the big city. | 一位年轻女子只身来到大都市 |
[04:19] | Her ridiculous dream | 她荒谬的演员梦想 |
[04:20] | of becoming an actress lies shattered about her. | 欺骗了她 从而深深地打击了她 |
[04:23] | Hey, wait a minute. | 拜托 你停一下好吗 |
[04:24] | Well, hang on. Let’s see where he’s going. | 等等 我们看看他的后续如何 |
[04:27] | Then it hits her. | 然后现实打击了她 |
[04:28] | How is she going to survive? | 她如何才能生存下去呢 |
[04:29] | I mean, she has no prospects, no marketable skills. | 因为她胸无大志且身无长物 |
[04:33] | And then one day, | 直到有一天 |
[04:34] | she meets a group of geniuses | 她遇到了一群天才们 |
[04:37] | and their friend Howard. | 以及天才们的朋友霍华德 |
[04:42] | Hey, I… | 我… |
[04:42] | Hang on. Let’s see where he’s going. | 你也等等 我们看看他的后续如何 |
[04:46] | She befriends them, and then lies in wait | 她与这帮人交朋友 然后伺机等候 |
[04:48] | until they reveal a marketable idea, | 直到这帮人有了一个可销售的点子 |
[04:51] | which she steals and sells to the highest bidder. | 于是她盗取了点子 卖给了出价最高的人 |
[04:54] | – That is ridiculous. – Oh, is it? | -这也太扯了 -哦 是吗 |
[04:56] | Let’s see you come up with an explanation | 那你倒是给我们个合理的解释 |
[04:58] | as to why this woman hangs out with us all the time. | 为何这个女人一直跟我们厮混在一起 |
[05:05] | Oh, great. You know what? | 太棒了 你们知道吗 |
[05:05] | I’ve already mooched dinner off you guys. | 我已经从你们这蹭到晚饭了 |
[05:07] | I don’t need to listen to this. | 所以我不需要再听这个点子了 |
[05:09] | There’s your answer– free food. | 这就是你要的答案 免费食物 |
[05:12] | All right, I’ve taken the liberty | 好吧 我已经自作主张 |
[05:14] | of drafting these workflow charts | 起草了这些工作流程图 |
[05:16] | which outline our various duties and the path we will follow | 这里列出了我们形形色色的职务以及 |
[05:19] | as we develop our ground-breaking new app. | 开发这独创程序过程中需遵照的事项 |
[05:23] | Hey, why am I in charge of phone support? | 为何我负责的是电话服务 |
[05:28] | Seems a bit racist. | 貌似有点种族主义 |
[05:30] | A customer service representative | 一个操着印度口音的客服 |
[05:31] | with an Indian accent will create the impression | 能够给客人们留下一种 |
[05:34] | we’re a vast enterprise that uses overseas call centers. | 我们这是跨国公司 使用海外客服中心的印象 |
[05:37] | Oh. | 哦 |
[05:39] | Very clever. | 很聪明 |
[05:40] | But still racist. | 但还是有种族色彩 |
[05:42] | Duly noted, Steve from Wichita. | 提醒下 你叫史蒂夫来自威奇托[美国城市] |
[05:46] | Why am I listed as your executive assistant? | 为什么我被列为你的行政助理 |
[05:49] | Because the word “Secretary” has fallen into disrepute. | 因为”秘书”这个词已经变得不大光彩了 |
[05:53] | FYI, my mother’s birthday is coming up. | 提醒下 我妈妈的生日快到了 |
[05:55] | I’m going to need you to pick up a present. | 我需要你来帮我挑选个礼物 |
[05:59] | Okay, we need to stop for a minute. | 好吧 我们需要暂时先停一下了 |
[06:01] | Leonard, please, we can talk during our break. | 莱纳德 拜托 我们可以在休憩时再谈 |
[06:03] | We have one coming up at midnight. | 这个午夜马上就有事情要做了 |
[06:04] | We’ll need snacks. | 我们需要小吃 |
[06:06] | Sheldon, you’re not in charge. | 谢尔顿 这个并不是你负责的 |
[06:08] | It’s my idea. I’m in charge. | 这是我的点子 我才是负责的 |
[06:09] | Oh, of course you are. | 当然是你负责啊 |
[06:10] | Look at the organizational chart. | 快看看上面的组织机构吧 |
[06:12] | You’re clearly listed as founder. | 你被清楚地列为了奠基人 |
[06:14] | Well, yes, and you’re listed as Chief Executive Officer, | 是啊 同时你被列为了首席执行官 |
[06:17] | Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer. | 首席财务官和首席运营官 |
[06:21] | You missed Chief Science Officer, | 你还少说了首席科技官 |
[06:23] | Chairman of the Board, and Head of the Secret Santa Committee. | 董事局主席以及秘密圣诞委员会首脑 |
[06:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:27] | You need to get clear on this right now. | 你现在就需要搞明白这件事 |
[06:29] | I am in charge of this project. | 我才是这个计划的决策人 |
[06:33] | Ooh. Leonard’s going all alpha nerd on Sheldon’s ass… | 哦哦 莱纳德想取代谢尔顿成为”书呆子”界的领袖喽 |
[06:37] | All right. All right, I’m not going to argue with you. | 好吧 好吧 我不打算跟你争执下去了 |
[06:39] | Sheldon Cooper is nothing if not a team player. | 谢尔顿·库珀如果不团队协作也一事无成 |
[06:42] | Dr. Hofstadter, you have the conn. | 霍夫斯塔德博士 一切由你指挥 |
[06:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:49] | I thought we might start by talking about the user interface. | 我认为我们可以先从用户界面开始讨论 |
[06:51] | Oh, dear Lord, we’re doomed. | 哦天呐 我们失败定了 |
[06:55] | So this button here | 那么这个按钮 |
[06:57] | will allow you to scan a new equation, | 能让你扫描一个新方程 |
[06:59] | but over here, you can press this, | 而你按这边的按钮 |
[07:01] | and just substitute new values for the coefficients. | 就能替换新的系数 |
[07:04] | Good one, boss. | 不错哎 头儿 |
[07:10] | What? | 啥 |
[07:11] | This diagram. | 这个图例 |
[07:12] | I assume you were opening with a joke. | 你以为您是想讲个开场笑话 |
[07:15] | It certainly buoyed up this employee’s esprit de corps. | 毫无疑问鼓舞了我这个小员工的团队精神 |
[07:19] | It’s not a joke. It’s the real design. | 这不是玩笑 就是这么设计 |
[07:22] | In that case, may I offer 27 little tweaks | 这样的话 能让我稍微修改27处 |
[07:25] | to make it slightly less embarrassing? | 让这玩意儿看着不那么丢人吗 |
[07:28] | Sheldon, I think this will work. | 谢尔顿 我觉得这个能成 |
[07:29] | Let’s just try it my way. | 就按我说的做先 |
[07:31] | Oh, I’m-I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[07:32] | I assumed that you wanted | 我以为你希望你的属下 |
[07:33] | candid truth-telling from your employees, | 能畅所欲言 直言进谏 |
[07:35] | but I realize now, you want the mindless nattering | 而我现在意识到 你不过是喜欢 |
[07:38] | of complacent yes-men. | 盲目奉承 沾沾自喜的应声虫 |
[07:41] | Are you done? | 说完了吗 |
[07:42] | If you say so, boss. | 听你的 头儿 |
[07:46] | So right now, this button-press event | 好 按下这个键 |
[07:48] | is just triggering a dummy procedure call… | 就能调用一个虚拟程序… |
[07:49] | How about this for the app name? | 应用程序叫这名儿怎样 |
[07:52] | The Surprisingly Helpful Equation-Linked | 出奇-好用-微分-方程-相关 |
[07:55] | Differential Optimized Numerator. | 优化-计算器 |
[07:59] | So it spells “Sheldon.” | 首字母连起来就是”谢尔顿” |
[08:03] | Does it? | 是吗 |
[08:04] | A happy accident. | 好巧啊 |
[08:07] | We’re not doing names now. Howard? | 现在不急着起名 霍华德 来吧 |
[08:10] | Like I was saying, right now it’s just a dummy procedure, | 我也说了 现在只是个虚拟程序 |
[08:12] | but eventually, it will drop us into… | 但最终会进入… |
[08:13] | All right, fine. If we’re not going to give it a name, | 好吧 如果我们先不起名 |
[08:15] | can we at least give it a secret code designation? | 好歹起个秘密代号吧 |
[08:19] | – No. – Hear me out. | -不要 -听我说完 |
[08:20] | The atomic bomb was The Manhattan Project. | 原子弹计划的代号是曼哈顿计划 |
[08:22] | Windows 95 was originally Project Chicago. | Win95最早的代号是芝加哥计划 |
[08:25] | For our app, I would humbly suggest Project Nodlehs. | 而咱的应用程序 我低调建议就叫顿尔谢计划好了 |
[08:30] | That’s just “Sheldon” Backwards. | 不过是”谢尔顿”倒过来而已 |
[08:33] | Another happy accident. | 又是个愉快的巧合啊 |
[08:36] | We’re not wasting time with names right now. | 我们现在不浪费时间起名字 |
[08:39] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[08:41] | Is that decision open for discussion? | 能公开讨论下这个决议吗 |
[08:43] | No. | 不 |
[08:44] | Is the decision to not discuss it open for discussion? | 能公开讨论下为什么不公开讨论吗 |
[08:46] | No. | 不 |
[08:48] | Again, | 再说一遍 |
[08:49] | right now it’s just a dummy procedure, | 现在这只是个虚拟程序 |
[08:51] | but eventually, it will drop us into… | 但最终会进入… |
[08:53] | I call for a vote of no confidence | 我要对现在的领导人发起不信任投票 |
[08:54] | and an immediate change in leadership. | 并且要求立即更换领导人 |
[08:56] | Sheldon, stop it. | 谢尔顿 快住口 |
[08:57] | When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary | 在人类活动过程中 有必要缓解 |
[09:00] | to dissolve the bonds that tie three competent scientists together… | 三位有能力的科学家的合作关系 |
[09:03] | – That’s enough, Sheldon. – All right, let’s get right to the vote. | -够了 谢尔顿 -好吧 直接开始投票吧 |
[09:05] | Show of hands– all those opposed | 现在请所有反对莱纳德 |
[09:06] | to Leonard and his reign of tyranny. | 和他的专制帝国的人 举手 |
[09:11] | Okay, that’s it, you’re fired. | 够了 你被炒了 |
[09:13] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:18] | Because you’re impossible to work with. | 因为你没法和人合作 |
[09:21] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[09:26] | And is that open for discussion? | 能公开讨论下吗 |
[09:34] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[09:35] | Oh. Good morning, shoemaker. | 早上好 大懒虫 |
[09:39] | I think you’ll be pleased | 我想你会很高兴看到 |
[09:40] | with what the elves were up to last night. | 昨晚精灵们的辛勤劳动成果 |
[09:43] | I fired you. | 我不是炒了你么 |
[09:44] | Oh, I know. I’m now an independent contractor. | 我知道 我现在是个合同工 |
[09:48] | No, you are now nothing. | 不 你啥都不是 |
[09:50] | You have no connection to this project whatsoever. | 你和这项目没有一毛钱关系了 |
[09:53] | But I made it better. | 但我做了改进 |
[09:55] | I don’t want it better. I want it my way. | 我不要你做改进 我要按我自己的来 |
[09:58] | Well, that speaks volumes, doesn’t it? | 这话真是意味深长 是吧 |
[10:01] | All right, I suppose I’ll go put on my bus pants. | 好吧 我想我还是去穿公车裤吧 |
[10:05] | What the hell are bus pants? | 公车裤是什么玩意 |
[10:07] | They are pants one wears over one’s regular pants | 就是穿在普通裤子外面的裤子 |
[10:09] | when one sits on bus seats | 因为你要坐在公车上 |
[10:11] | that other people have previously sat on. | 别人坐过的椅子上 |
[10:14] | But perhaps from your lofty heights | 不过也许你是企业里 |
[10:16] | atop the corporate ladder, you’ve lost touch | 高高在上的领导 恐怕不会理解 |
[10:19] | with the struggles of the common man. | 身为普通人的辛酸苦辣 |
[10:22] | Look, I’m still happy to drive you to work. | 听着 我还是很乐意开车送你去上班 |
[10:25] | Nothing’s changed in that regard. | 在这点上没有改变 |
[10:26] | We’re still roommates, we’re still friends. | 我们还是室友 还是朋友 |
[10:29] | Except you identified me, your best friend, | 但你却把我 你最好的朋友 |
[10:32] | as a gangrenous limb that needed to be severed | 当成一块坏死的肉 |
[10:34] | from the organism and tossed away. | 从组织上割下来再扔掉 |
[10:37] | The desperate act of a little man | 你这有严重拿破仑情结的小个子 |
[10:39] | with a big Napoleon complex. | 还真是穷凶极恶 |
[10:43] | You know what? | 老子告诉你 |
[10:45] | Go put on your bus pants. | 速度穿你的公交裤去吧 |
[10:52] | Mm. Last night, I had a dream | 昨天晚上 我做了个梦 |
[10:54] | we got so rich from the app, | 我们因为这应用程序发了大财 |
[10:56] | you and I bought matching side-by-side mansions. | 我俩买了两幢相邻的别墅 |
[11:00] | But… | 但是… |
[11:00] | there was a secret tunnel | 中间有条秘密隧道 |
[11:02] | connecting your front yard to my back yard. | 从你的前庭连到我的后院 |
[11:10] | What do you think that means? | 你觉得这是啥意思 |
[11:13] | It means after we play handball, I’m showering at home. | 意思是我们玩完手球后 我在家洗澡 |
[11:20] | Good morning, Friend Howard. | 早上好 霍华德好友 |
[11:22] | Friend Raj. | 拉杰好友 |
[11:23] | I see you gentlemen are enjoying beverages. | 两位先生在喝饮料啊 |
[11:26] | Perhaps they would taste better out of these. | 也许这些能让它们喝起来更美味 |
[11:30] | “World’s Greatest Astrophysicist”? | “世上最伟大的天文物理学家” |
[11:32] | Don’t thank me. You earned it. | 不用谢我 你应得的 |
[11:36] | “Howard Wolowitz.” | “霍华德·沃罗威茨” |
[11:41] | Why not “World’s Greatest Engineer”? | 为啥不是”世上最伟大的工程师” |
[11:43] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[11:44] | I typed that into the label maker, | 我在做标签的时候是这么打过 |
[11:46] | but I just couldn’t press enter. | 但实在按不下确认键 |
[11:48] | Now down to business. | 现在谈正事吧 |
[11:50] | What would it take for you to abandon Leonard | 你们何不抛弃莱纳德 |
[11:53] | and join me in a rival company? | 加入竞争对手 我的公司 |
[11:55] | Unless, of course, the mugs are sufficient, | 要是这两个马克杯还不够 |
[11:57] | in which case, welcome aboard. | 不管怎样 欢迎你们入伙 |
[12:00] | We’re not quitting on Leonard. | 我们不会抛弃莱纳德 |
[12:01] | I understand. Your loyalty is admirable. | 我明白 你们的忠诚值得赞扬 |
[12:04] | But what if I were to up the ante? | 但如果我再增加筹码呢 |
[12:09] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么鬼 |
[12:10] | Monogrammed key chains | 字母组合钥匙链 |
[12:12] | with a built-in laser pointer. | 还配有内置激光 |
[12:19] | No? | 还是不吗 |
[12:21] | How about can cozies | 那印有我们大学 |
[12:23] | emblazoned with our university mascot? | 吉祥物的保温罩呢 |
[12:27] | Go, Beavers. | 冲啊 海狸 |
[12:31] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[12:35] | Okay, let’s try this one. | 好 我们试下这个 |
[12:40] | “Spherical Hankel function.” | “球面汉克尔函数” |
[12:41] | Hold on. | 稍等 |
[12:43] | That’s it! | 有了 |
[12:44] | Eureka! | 中了 |
[12:45] | Hey, we agreed when it was “Eureka” Time, | 喂 我们不是说好”中了”的时候 |
[12:47] | we were all gonna say it together. | 要一起说的吗 |
[12:50] | Fine. Let’s say it together. | 好吧 那再一起说一次好了 |
[12:51] | No. The moment has passed. | 不了 这个时机已经过了 |
[12:54] | Greetings, gentlemen. | 你们好 先生们 |
[12:56] | How goes your little project? | 你们的小项目咋样了 |
[12:58] | You mean, “Project Lenwoloppali”? | 你是指 “莱沃帕里”计划吗 |
[13:02] | Ah, a combination of all your names. | 是你们名字的组合啊 |
[13:05] | Very clever. | 真聪明 |
[13:06] | I assume “Koothranardowitz” Was taken? | 为啥不是”库萨纳德威茨”呢 |
[13:10] | We’re actually scanning equations and getting good results. | 我们在扫描方程 效果还不错 |
[13:13] | Oh, well then, by all means, carry on. | 好吧 你们继续努力吧 |
[13:15] | I wouldn’t want to impede your progress. | 我不想妨碍你们的进程 |
[13:17] | Howard, did you solve the install time problem yet? | 霍华德 你解决了安装时间的问题了吗 |
[13:20] | No. It’s a little tricky. | 没有 这有点难应付 |
[13:22] | I’m gonna try having it pick up the libraries dyn… | 我准备查下图书馆的查询系统… |
[13:31] | What are you doing?! | 你在搞什么 |
[13:34] | Playing the theremin. | 在演奏特雷门琴 |
[13:38] | No. I mean, what are you doing with a theremin? | 不 我是说 你拿特雷门琴在搞什么 |
[13:42] | Playing it. | 演奏啊 |
[13:45] | I’ve loved the theremin from the first moment | 我第一次听到星际迷航原声主题乐时 |
[13:47] | I heard the original Star Trek theme. | 就爱上了特雷门琴了 |
[13:49] | And it’s been killing me | 我实在是不忍心 |
[13:50] | that it just sits in my closet, gathering dust. | 把它一直扔在柜子里积灰 |
[14:08] | Sheldon! We’re working here! | 谢尔顿 我们在工作 |
[14:10] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[14:11] | I can barely hear you over my theremin. | 我在演奏特雷门琴时几乎听不到你们说话 |
[14:21] | Well, that was a little uncalled for. | 这真有点不讲道理 |
[14:23] | No, that was completely called for. We need quiet. | 不 这他妈的太讲道理了 我们需要安静 |
[14:27] | So, your project is more important than mine? | 就是说你们的项目比我的重要咯 |
[14:29] | Well, seeing as your project is to sabotage my project, yes. | 如果你的项目就是给我捣蛋 那就是 |
[14:33] | Don’t beat around the bush, Leonard. | 别拐弯抹角的 莱纳德 |
[14:34] | If you don’t want me here, | 你要是容不下我 |
[14:35] | just say the word, and I’ll leave. | 说出来 我会走人的 |
[14:42] | Could have beaten around the bush a little. | 稍微拐弯抹角一点也没什么嘛 |
[14:49] | Nobody knows | *没人知晓* |
[14:53] | The trouble I’ve seen | *我曾经见的离乱* |
[14:56] | Nobody knows my sorrow ? | *没人理解 我的悲伤* |
[15:06] | What you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[15:07] | Trying to contact your home planet? | 联络你的母星吗 |
[15:10] | I’m practicing my theremin. | 我在练习特雷门琴 |
[15:13] | Nobody knows | *没人知晓* |
[15:16] | The trouble I’ve seen | *我曾经见的离乱* |
[15:19] | Glory, hallelujah. | *荣耀啊 哈利路亚* |
[15:24] | Something got you down, there, Sheldon? | 什么事儿惹你不开心了吗 谢尔顿 |
[15:27] | Leonard kicked me out of my own apartment. | 莱纳德把我从家轰出来了 |
[15:29] | And his app team. | 还有应用程序小组 |
[15:31] | Oh, honey, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 真可怜 |
[15:33] | He wouldn’t drive me to work today. | 他今天还不肯开车带我上班 |
[15:34] | I had to wear my bus pants. | 搞得我不得不穿公交裤 |
[15:37] | – Is that so? – Yes. | -是这样吗 -嗯 |
[15:39] | And they’re still sticky. | 现在裤子还粘糊糊的 |
[15:41] | Probably going to have to throw them away. | 估计得扔掉了 |
[15:46] | Hey, you don’t need Leonard and his app. | 听着 你才不需要莱纳德和他的程序 |
[15:48] | You can make one with me. | 你可以跟我研究出来一个嘛 |
[15:50] | With you? | 和你吗 |
[15:53] | Seriously, I have a great idea for one. | 说真的 我有个超赞的点子 |
[15:55] | Is it better than your idea to move to Los Angeles | 比你搬来洛杉矶 |
[15:57] | and become a famous actress? | 成为一个名演员的点子还赞吗 |
[16:01] | Okay, look… | 行了 听着 |
[16:02] | when you see someone wearing shoes you like, | 当你看到某人脚上的鞋子 让你很感冒 |
[16:04] | you just snap a picture of them, | 你就拍一张照片 |
[16:05] | and the app goes on the Internet | 然后用这个程序直接在网上 |
[16:07] | to find out where you can buy them. | 查到哪里有卖 |
[16:09] | That’s your app idea? | 这就是你应用程序的点子 |
[16:11] | Well, you don’t like it? | 你不感兴趣吗 |
[16:11] | I didn’t say that. But no, I don’t. | 我刚才没这么说 不过 我确实不感兴趣 |
[16:15] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[16:16] | Oh, Penny, where do I begin? | 佩妮 让我从何说起啊 |
[16:18] | The simple-mindedness of your idea | 超越了这个点子弱智程度的 |
[16:20] | is exceeded only by its crass consumerism and banality. | 只有愚蠢的消费者至上主义和俗不可耐 |
[16:24] | And Leonard didn’t want to work with you? | 莱纳德不要跟你合作 |
[16:25] | Imagine that. | 真”稀奇”啊 |
[16:27] | I know, it’s baffling. | 我知道 确实匪夷所思啊 |
[16:31] | Nobody knows | *没人知晓* |
[16:34] | The trouble I’ve seen… | *我曾经见的离乱* |
[16:38] | Sheldon, I’m gonna make some cocoa. | 谢尔顿 我要冲可可喝 |
[16:39] | Do you want some? | 你要喝吗 |
[16:41] | Do you make it with milk or water? | 你用什么冲 牛奶还是水 |
[16:43] | – Milk. – Real cocoa? | -牛奶 -货真价实的可可吗 |
[16:44] | That’s what it says on the packet. | 包装上是这么说的 |
[16:47] | Do you have those little marshmallows? | 你有那种小棉花糖吗 |
[16:48] | No, sorry. | 没有 抱歉 |
[16:50] | Well, I suppose it’s appropriate. | 看来还真是配啊 |
[16:52] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:53] | A disappointing drink for a disappointing day. | 倒霉日喝烂饮料 |
[17:00] | Hey, look at this. | 喂 看这个 |
[17:01] | 20 people from the university have already signed up | 学校里已经有二十个人登记了 |
[17:03] | for our private beta. | 咱的内测版 |
[17:04] | I’m telling you, | 我就说嘛 |
[17:05] | the Lenwoloppali Differential Equation Scanner | 莱沃帕里微分方程扫描仪 |
[17:08] | meets a real need. We’ve got a hit. | 满足了实际需求 咱要火了 |
[17:11] | What do you think we should sell it for? | 你们觉得咱该定个什么价位 |
[17:12] | Well, based on the fact that our potential market | 这个嘛 基于我们的潜在市场 |
[17:14] | is about 70 or 80 guys, | 大约七八十人的事实 |
[17:16] | and you want a submarine, | 而你又想赚个潜水艇 |
[17:17] | I’d say about a million dollars a pop. | 我的意见是一单一百万刀 |
[17:21] | Well, what if we put out a lite version for half a million? | 不如咱出个精简版 卖五十万 |
[17:23] | You know, get the word of mouth going. | 你懂吗 可以赚个口碑的说 |
[17:26] | Hi. I’m sorry to bother you guys, | 嗨 抱歉打扰了 |
[17:28] | but you’ve got to come take your Sheldon back. | 你们得过来把你家谢尔顿领走 |
[17:30] | What’s he doing in your apartment? | 他怎么会在你家 |
[17:32] | Well, he was moping down in the lobby, so I invited him over. | 他一人在大厅闷闷不乐 我就把他带回家了 |
[17:34] | Now I regret it. | 现在我肠子都悔青了 |
[17:35] | Why do you regret… Uh, never mind, stupid question. | 他干啥让你后…废话一句 当我没说 |
[17:38] | Look, can’t you just let him play with you until bedtime? | 就不能带他一起玩儿到睡觉吗 |
[17:42] | We’re not playing. | 我们这不是玩儿 |
[17:43] | This is real work. | 这是正事 |
[17:45] | We’re going to be hundred-aires. | 我们就要成为百-富翁咯 |
[17:47] | Okay. What if I got him to apologize and promise to behave? | 成吧 要是我能让他道歉并且保证他乖呢 |
[17:54] | Then I guess we would let him back on the app team, | 这样的话 我们的研究组可以接受他 |
[17:57] | and while we’re doing that, you could take an aerial tour | 他回来之后 你说不定能坐着你的飞天猪仔 |
[17:59] | of L.A. on your flying pig. | 在空中游览洛城 |
[18:03] | Okay. Wait right here. | 好吧 等着啊 |
[18:06] | I’ll tell you one thing. If I get rich enough, | 跟你们说吧 要是我有天发达了 |
[18:08] | that’s the kind of girl I want to take | 我就想带这样的女孩 |
[18:09] | on a submarine ride. | 来一次潜水艇之旅 |
[18:13] | And yes, that time, I meant it to be dirty. | 而且没错 我是要龌龊一下 |
[18:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:19] | Leonard wants me back? | 莱纳德想让我回去吗 |
[18:21] | Oh, yes. He says they are lost without you. | 没错 他说你不在他们就群龙无首了 |
[18:25] | Well, we sure saw that coming. | 这还用说 |
[18:28] | That’s right. | 那是 |
[18:29] | You know what I’m going to do? | 你知道我准备干吗吗 |
[18:30] | I am going to sit here and just let them stew. | 我准备就一直坐在这 由得他们去烦吧 |
[18:38] | No, no, no. You know, | 别 别 别 |
[18:39] | they have suffered enough. | 他们已经够受罪的了 |
[18:40] | Everybody’s suffered enough. | 大家都够受罪的了 |
[18:44] | The thing is, you’re going to have to offer him | 关键是 你得过去 |
[18:46] | a face-saving way out of this. | 给他一个有面子的台阶下 |
[18:49] | How? | 怎么给他台阶下 |
[18:50] | Say you’re sorry. | 道个歉呗 |
[18:51] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[18:52] | Mrs. Mary Cooper didn’t raise her no liars. | 我亲爱的母亲玛丽·库珀太太可没教我撒谎 |
[18:57] | Okay. Um… | 好吧 |
[18:59] | How about this? You know how you’re always trying | 那这样好不好 你不是一直想要学 |
[19:00] | to learn about sarcasm? | 挖苦人吗 |
[19:02] | – No. – No? | -没有 -没有吗 |
[19:04] | I was being sarcastic. | 我刚刚那就是挖苦 |
[19:07] | Oh. Good for you. | 真不错 |
[19:08] | So all you have to do here is say | 所以你只需要过去 |
[19:10] | you’re sorry to Leonard, | 跟莱纳德道歉 |
[19:11] | but say it sarcastically. | 但是语气要带着挖苦 |
[19:13] | Of course. | 当然 |
[19:15] | He will hear it as an attempt to mend fences, | 在他听来 那是我在示好 |
[19:18] | as opposed to the withering condemnation | 但实际上咱俩清楚 |
[19:20] | you and I will know it to be. | 那是赤裸裸的谴责 |
[19:23] | Yeah. Yeah, that was my plan. | 没错 没错 我就这个意思 |
[19:24] | All right. Come on. Let’s go. | 好了 走吧 咱们过去 |
[19:25] | Oh, by the way, thank you | 顺便说一句 谢谢你 |
[19:27] | for the delicious cocoa. | 做了这么好喝的可可 |
[19:29] | Oh, you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[19:31] | Boy, I’m getting good at this. | 我的挖苦功夫真是越来越精湛了 |
[19:35] | Okay, now that you’re back on the team, | 好吧 既然你归队了 |
[19:37] | let’s get you caught up. | 那我们就给你介绍一下最新进展吧 |
[19:39] | Before you begin, let me say again | 在你开始之前 我想再次 |
[19:41] | how deeply sorry I am for my earlier behavior | 为我之前的表现向你表示深刻的道歉 |
[19:44] | and how much I respect and admire your leadership. | 另外我很尊重并且钦佩你的领导 |
[19:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:56] | So as you can see, | 所以正如你所见 |
[19:57] | not only can you store your favorite equations, | 你现在不仅可以储存你最喜欢的公式 |
[20:00] | but you can forward them to your friends | 还能把他们转发给你的朋友们 |
[20:03] | or post them on Facebook right from the app. | 或是直接通过应用程序把他们贴到Facebook上 |
[20:06] | Well, I must say, I am impressed. | 我真得说 这太厉害了 |
[20:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:09] | You all have clearly put in a lot of hard work. | 你们显然为此花了不少心血 |
[20:12] | We have. | 的确如此 |
[20:12] | As a result, you have taken | 正因为这样 你们掌握了 |
[20:13] | the most important step on the road to success: | 通往成功之路的最重要的一步 |
[20:16] | learning what not to do. | 在失败中学习 |
[20:17] | Now, let’s start fresh. | 现在让我们重新开始吧 |
[20:20] | Howard, we’re going to need some tea. | 霍华德 给我们弄点茶喝 |
[20:29] | Okay, these are Uggs. | 好的 这双是雪地靴 |
[20:32] | These are Crocs. | 这双是卡骆驰 |
[20:34] | These are knockoff Manolo Blahniks. | 这双是山寨版的马诺洛·布兰尼克 |
[20:36] | Bored. | 无聊 |
[20:39] | Look, you said it yourself, we have to create a database | 这可是你自己说的 我们要先建立一个数据库 |
[20:41] | before you can write an alga-thingy. | 然后你才能写那个什么计算的东西 |
[20:43] | Algorithm. | 是算法 |
[20:44] | You see, Penny, Alan Turing defined an algorithm… | 佩妮 阿兰图灵将算法定义为 |
[20:47] | Bored. | 无聊 |
[20:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:50] | These are Steve Maddens. | 这双是史蒂夫·马登 |
[20:51] | These are Nine West. | 这双是玖熙 |
[20:53] | These are Target. Oh, but don’t they look like Chanel? | 这双是塔吉特 不过看起来很像香奈儿吧 |
[20:57] | These are Michael Kors… | 这双是迈克·科尔斯 |
[20:58] | Nobody knows… | *无人知晓* |
[21:00] | the trouble I’ve seen | *我曾经历的离乱* |
[21:02] | Nobody knows… | *无人知晓* |
[21:04] | my sorrows | *我的悲伤* |