时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Okay, raj. | 好了 拉杰 |
[00:04] | Hand me the #6 torx screwdriver. | 把6号螺丝刀递给我 |
[00:08] | Stop. | 停 |
[00:11] | We can’t do this. it’s not right. | 不能这么做 这样不对 |
[00:12] | Sheldon, you have two choices. | 谢尔顿 你只有两个选择 |
[00:14] | Either you let him put a bigger hard drive in the tivo, | 出城之前 要么换个大点的硬盘 |
[00:16] | Or you delete stuff before we go out of town. | 要么删掉一些数据 |
[00:18] | But once you open the box, you’ve voided the warranty. | 但是一旦开箱 保修单就作废了 |
[00:21] | The warranty is a sacred covenant | 保修单可是 |
[00:24] | We’ve entered into with the manufacturer. | 我们和生产商之间的神圣契约 |
[00:26] | He offers to stand by his equipment, | 他提供设备的保障 |
[00:28] | And we in return agree not to violate | 我们则保证不开箱 |
[00:30] | The integrity of the internal hardware. | 亵渎内部硬件 |
[00:31] | This little orange sticker is all that stands between us and anarchy. | 这张小贴纸就是辨别我们是否守法的标志 |
[00:38] | Okay, then we won’t touch the hard drive. | 行 那我们不碰硬件 |
[00:44] | There. we’re outlaws. | 行了 我们违法吧 |
[00:48] | Here you go, leonard. is this going to be big enough? | 给 莱纳德 这个够大吗 |
[00:50] | It’s perfect. | 刚好 |
[00:54] | For taking daffodils to your unicorn. | 给独角兽带水仙花差不多够了 |
[00:58] | It’s just for my notebooks. | 只是拿来装笔记本的 |
[01:00] | Thanks, penny. | 谢谢 佩妮 |
[01:01] | I love san francisco. | 我好喜欢旧金山 |
[01:02] | I wish I was going with you. | 真想和你们一起去 |
[01:03] | I understand your envy. | 我很理解你会嫉妒 |
[01:05] | This is a can’t-miss symposium. | 这是绝不能错过的研讨会 |
[01:07] | There are going to be discussions | 在那儿会讨论 |
[01:08] | on bioorganic cellular computer devices, | 生物细胞计算机元件 |
[01:11] | The advancements in multi-threaded task completion, | 多线程任务处理的优势 |
[01:14] | Plus a roundtable on the nonequilibrium green’s function approach | 还有用非平衡格林函数解决 |
[01:17] | to the photoionization process in atoms. | 原子内光化电离过程的圆桌会议呢 |
[01:21] | When I go, I usually just get hammered and ride the cable cars. | 我通常只去玩击锤和坐缆车 |
[01:25] | This conference is kind of a big thing. | 这次会议挺大型的 |
[01:27] | The keynote address is being delivered by george smoot. | 由乔治·斯穆特做开场发言呢 |
[01:29] | Oh, my god, the george smoot? | 偶滴神啊 乔治·斯穆特 |
[01:32] | You’ve heard of him? | 你听说过他吗 |
[01:33] | Of course I haven’t. | 当然没有 |
[01:35] | George smoot is a nobel prize-winning physicist, | 乔治·斯穆特是个物理学家 诺贝尔奖得主 |
[01:38] | One of the great minds of our time. | 当代伟人之一 |
[01:41] | His work in black body form and anisotropy of the cosmic microwave | 他对黑体和宇宙微波背景辐射的 |
[01:44] | Background radiation cemented our understanding of the origin of the universe. | 各向异性的研究 跟宇宙起源的观点有许多相通之处 |
[01:49] | It’s kind of a funny name, though– “smoot.” | 名字挺搞笑的 斯穆特 |
[01:55] | It’s like talking to a chimp. | 对牛牛弹琴 |
[01:57] | Okay, now that I’ve been completely insulted, have a good flight. | 既然在这被羞辱了 就祝你们飞行愉快 |
[02:02] | Yeah, I wish. | 我倒是想坐飞机呢 |
[02:03] | We’re not flying. we’re taking the train. | 我们不坐飞机 坐火车 |
[02:05] | – Oh, cool. – yeah, cool. | -挺酷的 -太苦了 |
[02:08] | Seven times as long as flying, and costs almost twice as much. | 比坐飞机长7倍的时间 还贵2倍的价钱 |
[02:12] | Well, then why are you doing it? | 那干嘛坐火车 |
[02:14] | Well, we had a vote. | 我们投过票 |
[02:15] | Three of us voted for airplane. | 3个投坐飞机 |
[02:17] | Sheldon voted for train. | 但谢尔顿投坐火车 |
[02:18] | So we’re taking the train. | 所以只能坐火车 |
[02:20] | Don’t say it like that,Leonard. | 别这么说嘛 莱纳德 |
[02:23] | Say it like “we’re taking the train!” | 这么说 我们可算能坐回火车咯O(∩_∩)O |
[02:53] | We’re all going over to the apple store | 我们准备去苹果专卖店 |
[02:54] | To make fun of the guys at the genius bar. | 戏弄那些技术人员 |
[02:55] | You want to come? | 你去吗 |
[02:57] | Oh, I always enjoy that, but I’m a little busy. | 我很喜欢玩这个 但现在有点忙 |
[03:01] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[03:02] | I’m simplifying the task of packing for our trip. | 我在简化打包行李的任务 |
[03:05] | See, by attaching rfid tags to my clothing, | 瞧 给衣物贴上电子标签 |
[03:07] | It will enable my laptop | 就能用识别笔 |
[03:09] | to read and identify the items with this wand. | 激活笔记本读取和鉴别它们 |
[03:11] | I will then cross-reference them against destination, | 然后我就能参照目的地 |
[03:14] | Anticipated activity spectrum, | 预先安排的活动幅度 |
[03:15] | weather conditions, duration of trip,Et cetera. | 天气情况 旅行时长 等等来确定带什么去 |
[03:21] | Well, that does sound much simpler. | 确实简化了不少 |
[03:25] | How long is this going to take? | 你还要多长时间 |
[03:27] | Assuming I can keep up this pace, three hours, 11 minutes, | 以现在的速度 3小时11分钟 |
[03:30] | And plus however long it takes | 还要鉴于这次毫无意义的 |
[03:32] | To conclude this fairly pointless conversation. | 对话的时长 |
[03:34] | Wow. teasing the guys at the apple store seems a little redundant now. | 现在感觉戏弄苹果的技术人员有点多余 |
[03:39] | I don’t follow. | 我没听懂 |
[03:40] | I wouldn’t expect you to. I’ll see you later. | 我也不想你听懂 一会见 |
[03:46] | Sock, one pair, cotton, argyle, blue. | 袜子一对 棉质 菱形花纹 蓝色 |
[03:55] | Sock, one pair, cotton, argyle, blue. | 袜子一对 棉质 菱形花纹 蓝色 |
[04:05] | What on earth are you doing? | 你们这是干嘛 |
[04:07] | Whatever it is, I’m guessing we’re doing it wrong. | 不管是什么 看来都是错的 |
[04:10] | Gentlemen, this is the coast starlight, | 先生们 这可是海岸星光号 |
[04:14] | One of the great american trains | 全美最好的火车之一 |
[04:16] | Operating on one of the classic american routes. | 行驶在全美最经典线路之一 |
[04:19] | On this side, | 在这边 |
[04:20] | You’ll see panoramic ocean vistas | 可以看到全海景 |
[04:22] | inaccessible to any other form of transportation, | 任何运输工具都无法做到这点 |
[04:24] | while on your side, | 而这边 |
[04:26] | you’ll be treated to 350 miles of costcos, | 你只能面对350英里上的好市多超市 |
[04:29] | jiffy lubes, | 捷飞络汽车服务店 |
[04:30] | and cinder block homes with above-ground pools. | 带凸地泳池的煤渣砖房子 |
[04:34] | Come on, raj. | 走吧 拉杰 |
[04:36] | What’s wrong with jiffy lubes? | 捷飞络有什么不好 |
[04:39] | No. | 不对 |
[04:40] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[04:42] | That’s over the wheelbase. | 超出轴距了 |
[04:44] | Are you completely unfamiliar with the suspension | 你们对1980前期普式火车上 |
[04:46] | Characteristics of a pre-1980 pullman-built superliner deluxe passenger coach? | 超级豪华的 悬浮座椅一点都不知道吗 |
[04:50] | Sheldon, we’ve been on this train 90 seconds, | 谢尔顿 我们上火车才90秒 |
[04:53] | And you’ve already said a thousand words. | 你就说了几万个字 |
[04:55] | Just tell us where to sit and shut up. | 直接说坐哪 然后闭嘴 |
[05:00] | Here. | 这里 |
[05:02] | I’m hoping once you reap the endorphic rewards of the steady | 我希望你听着规律的车轮和铁轨的撞击声 |
[05:05] | Clickety-clack of steel wheels on polished rails, | 得到脑袋产生的安多芬犒劳后 |
[05:08] | Your sour disposition will abate. | 焦躁能有所缓解 |
[05:10] | Yeah, maybe. | 可能吧 |
[05:11] | Meanwhile, back in the 21st century, | 与此同时 回到21世纪 |
[05:13] | People are raising their tray tables and putting their seat-backs in an upright position | 人们也开始收托盘桌 支起座椅背 |
[05:17] | ’cause it’s time to land in san francisco. | 因为已经到旧金山了 |
[05:20] | It’s not so bad, really. | 已经不错了 |
[05:22] | At least these trains have modern plumbing. | 至少这种火车有现代管道系统 |
[05:24] | In india, | 在印度 |
[05:24] | You squat over a hole in the train and expose | 你只能蹲在车厢里的一个洞上面 |
[05:26] | and expose your naked buttocks to the chilly air of Rajasthan. | 把屁屁曝光在拉贾斯坦的冰冷空气中 |
[05:29] | He is referring, of course, | 他这是个比喻 |
[05:31] | To third class on indian railways’ magnificent ranakpur express and its | 比作乘坐印度铁路宏伟的千柱之庙特快的三等旅客 |
[05:35] | 1,200-kilometer journey from maharashtra to the bikaner junction. | 和从马哈拉施特拉邦到比卡内尔枢纽站 1200公里的旅程 |
[05:39] | Oh, look, now he’s boring on an international scale. | 看吧 他现在无聊到有够国际水准了 |
[05:44] | Holy crap! look! | 我靠 快看 |
[05:49] | Is that who I think it is? it can’t be. | 真的是她么 没可能吧 |
[05:51] | What would summer glau be doing riding the train? | 萨默·格萝怎么会来坐火车的 |
[05:53] | Maybe john connor’s aboard and she’s protecting him from an evil terminator. | 可能约翰·康纳上车了 她来保护他 对付屠魔侠 |
[05:58] | Unlikely. that’s a television show, leonard. | 不太像 那是电视剧 莱纳德 |
[06:00] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[06:03] | Of course, if skynet actually did exist in the future, | 当然 如果未来天网真的存在 |
[06:06] | A perfect way to infiltrate and destroy mankind would be | 侵入并毁灭人类最好的方法将会是将终结者送去 |
[06:09] | to send terminators back posing as actors who have played terminators in | 摆成在著名的电影电视中出演终结者的演员的造型 |
[06:12] | Popular films and television series, lulling us into a false sense | 让我们在臆想的安全感中苟且偷生 |
[06:15] | a false sense of security, i.e., “that’s summer glau “from the sarah connor chronicles. | 比如 那是终结者外传中的萨默·格萝 |
[06:18] | “no, summer, don’t kill me! I’m pro-robot! ahh!” | 不 萨默 不要杀我 我真的是机器人 |
[06:24] | At least he’s off the train crap. | 至少他不再唠叨那些关于火车的废话了 |
[06:32] | Sheldon, I owe you an apology. | 谢尔顿 我应该向你道歉 |
[06:33] | Taking the train was a stroke of brilliance! | 坐上这辆火车是我一生中最幸运的事 |
[06:35] | I’ve actually got a shot at a terminator. | 我居然有机会把到一个终结者 |
[06:38] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[06:38] | When it comes to terminators, | 如果说到终结者 |
[06:40] | You’ve got a better shot of scoring with arnold schwarzenegger. | 你也就能泡到阿诺德·施瓦辛格 |
[06:44] | You’re overlooking something. | 你忽略了某件事 |
[06:46] | I have 11 hours with her in a confined space. | 我将与她在一个密闭的空间中共处11个小时 |
[06:50] | Unless she’s willing to jump off a moving train, | 除非她愿意跳火车 |
[06:54] | Tuck and roll down the side of a hill, | 从山坡上滚下去 |
[06:56] | She will eventually succumb to the acquired taste that is howard wolowitz. | 她终将屈服于霍华德·沃罗威茨的魔掌之下 |
[07:04] | My money’s on tuck and roll. | 我赌她会跳火车 |
[07:06] | I’m confused. | 我很困惑 |
[07:08] | I thought you were involved in some sort of | 我以为你正身陷于 |
[07:10] | Socially intimate pairing with leslie winkle. | 与莱斯利·温克尔的亲密关系中 |
[07:12] | Sheldon, let me explain to you how this works. all right. | -谢尔顿 告诉你这是为什么吧 -好吧 |
[07:17] | -That’s summer glau. -yes. | -那是萨默·格萝 -所以呢 |
[07:20] | That’s it. | 就这样了 |
[07:22] | Hang on a sec. | 慢着 |
[07:24] | Why do you get first crack at her? | 为什么让你先去泡她 |
[07:26] | Um, well, let’s see, couple reasons. | 有这样几个原因 |
[07:27] | One, I saw her first. | 第一 是我先看到她的 |
[07:29] | No, you didn’t. I did. | 不是你 是我 |
[07:31] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[07:32] | But… then, let me move on to #2. | 但是 让我说下原因二 |
[07:34] | Unlike you, I can actually talk to women when I’m sober. | 不像你 我不用喝醉也可以和女人交谈 |
[07:38] | You fail to take into account that even mute, I am foreign and exotic, | 你忘了一件事 我即使不说话也具有异国情调 |
[07:42] | While you, on the other hand, are frail and pasty. | 哪像你 又弱又白的 |
[07:47] | Well, you know the old saying, “pasty and frail never fail.” | 古语说的好 又弱又白不会挂 |
[07:56] | Excuse me, but what about me? | 拜托 那我呢 |
[07:57] | Why don’t I get a shot? | 为什么我就不能试试的 |
[07:59] | Fine, go ahead. | 好吧 去吧 |
[08:01] | Take a shot. | 去试试 |
[08:03] | You know, | 你知道 |
[08:04] | I’ve already got a gorgeous blonde back home that I can’t score with. | 我已经有个泡不到的金发美女在家了 |
[08:07] | I think I’ll let you two take this one. | 我就让你们两个泡这个吧 |
[08:09] | Sheldon, is there a place on this train to get alcohol? | 谢尔顿 火车上有没有卖酒的 |
[08:11] | Interesting that you ask. | 问得好 |
[08:13] | The coast starlight recently added the refurbished pacific parlour car. | 海岸星光号最近新增了重新装修的太平洋休闲车厢 |
[08:16] | Built in 1956 and originally known as the santa fe lounge car, | 始建于1956年 最初叫做圣达菲上等车厢 |
[08:20] | The lower level is a theater and the upper Level is a bar that offers -which way? | -下层是剧院 上层是酒吧 提供… -行了 怎么走 |
[08:23] | Wine tastings if you’re going as far as portland. | 提供酒品 如果你一直坐到波特兰 |
[08:26] | So aren’t you going to go talk to her? | 你到底去不去和她搭讪 |
[08:28] | I will, I’m just working on my opening line. | 我会去的 正在想开场白呢 |
[08:32] | She’s probably heard every possible line, howard. | 霍华德 她什么开场白没听过啊 |
[08:34] | Why don’t you just try “hello”? | 你简单地嗨一下不就行了 |
[08:35] | No, no, no, that always creeps girls out. | 不不不 那样会吓坏女孩子的 |
[08:38] | I need to come up with something that’s funny, | 我得想点幽默的 |
[08:40] | Smart and delicately suggests that my sexual | 聪明又微妙地提示她 |
[08:43] | Endowment is disproportionate to my physical stature. | 我的性禀赋和我的身高不成比例 |
[08:48] | You’re going to need more than 11 hours. | 我看你11个小时是想不出来了 |
[08:52] | -Oh, no. -what’s the matter? | -坏了 -怎么了 |
[08:54] | -I forgot my flash drive. -so? | -我忘带我的优盘了 -所以呢 |
[08:56] | So we have to go back. | 所以我们必须回去 |
[08:58] | Okay, sheldon, I’m going to say “why” | 谢尔顿 我会问你为什么 |
[09:00] | And your answer cannot be “because I forgot my flash drive.” | 但你不能回答因为我忘带我的优盘了 |
[09:05] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[09:06] | My flash drive has my paper on | 我的优盘里有我的关于早期宇宙中 |
[09:07] | Astrophysical probes of m-theory effects in | M理论效应的天体物理学探索的论文 |
[09:10] | The early universe that I was going to | 我本来打算在会上 |
[09:11] | Give to george smoot at the conference. | 给乔治·斯穆特的 |
[09:13] | Why do you have to give your paper to george smoot? | 你为什么要把你的论文给乔治·斯穆特 |
[09:16] | It’s brilliant. he needs to read it. | 写得太好了 他需要读一读 |
[09:20] | So you’ll send him an e-mail when we get back. | 你可以等咱们回来发邮件给他的嘛 |
[09:23] | Then I won’t get to see his face light up as he reads it. | 那我就看不到他读我论文时两眼放光的表情啦 |
[09:26] | Right. of course. | 当然了 |
[09:27] | Oh, this is an unmitigated disaster. | 真是糟糕透顶 |
[09:29] | Well, there’s nothing you can do about it, so relax. | 事已至此 无力回天 您就歇会吧 |
[09:32] | Sit back, enjoy the clickety-clack of the steel wheels on the polished rails. | 向后靠 迷醉在车轮与锃亮的铁轨撞击的咔哒咔哒声中 |
[09:40] | You forgot your flash drive… | 你忘带了优盘… |
[09:48] | Only ten hours, 55 minutes to go. | 忍十个小时55分钟就好 |
[10:02] | It’s hot in here. | 这里真热啊[真性感啊] |
[10:03] | Must be summer. | 一定到夏天了[一定是萨默] |
[10:17] | So… Where you gals headed? | 那么 美眉们去哪啊 |
[10:21] | Okay, I’ve found the perfect solution. | 我想出完美的解决办法了 |
[10:23] | We get off the train at the next stop in oxnard. | 我们在下一站奥克斯纳德下车 |
[10:26] | We then take the 1:13 train back to union station. | 然后乘坐1:13的火车返回联合车站 |
[10:29] | We take a cab back to the apartment, get my flash drive, | 打车回公寓 拿上我的优盘 |
[10:31] | And then race to san luis obispo, where, | 冲向圣路易斯奥比斯波 |
[10:33] | Assuming the lights are with us and minimal traffic, we’ll meet the train. | 假设一路绿灯路上无人 我们就能赶上火车 |
[10:37] | I’ve got a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[10:38] | Are you going to be sarcastic? | 你又想讽刺我 |
[10:41] | Boy, you take all the fun out of it for me. | 孩子 你把我的乐趣都剥夺了 |
[10:43] | Look, penny’s home. | 看 佩妮在家呢 |
[10:45] | Why don’t we just call her, have her go in the apartment, | 为什么不打给她 让她去我们家 |
[10:47] | Get your flash drive and e-mail you the paper? | 把你优盘里的论文发到你邮箱里呢 |
[10:49] | But the flash drive is in a locked drawer in my desk. so? | -但是优盘在我那个上锁的抽屉里 -所以呢 |
[10:53] | The key is hidden in my room. | 钥匙藏在我的房间里 |
[10:54] | So? penny would have to go into my room. | -所以呢 -佩妮需要进去我的房间 |
[10:56] | So? people don’t go in my room! | -所以呢 -没有人可以进我房间 |
[10:59] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[11:00] | Well, it seems once again, you’re caught between a rock and a crazy place. | 看来你又一次陷入了进退两难的境地 |
[11:07] | Oh, I hate when that happens. | 真讨厌这种感觉 |
[11:10] | It’s hot in here. | 这儿真热 |
[11:11] | It must be summer. | 现在肯定是夏天 |
[11:12] | It’s hot in here. | 这儿真热 |
[11:13] | Must be summer. | 肯定是夏天 |
[11:14] | It’s hot in here. must be summer. | 这儿真热 肯定是夏天 |
[11:16] | It’s hot in here. | 这儿真热 |
[11:17] | Must be summer. | 肯定是夏天 |
[11:20] | That’s cute. really? | -这种说法真有趣 -真的 |
[11:22] | I just made it up. | 是我编的 |
[11:25] | Have you seen slumdog millionaire? | 你看过贫民窟的百万富翁了没 |
[11:27] | Oh, yeah, I loved it. | 看过了 我太喜欢了 |
[11:29] | It’s loosely based on my life. | 某种程度来说它是以我为原型来写的 |
[11:34] | Yeah, | 嗯 |
[11:34] | We’re putting the play on for one night in this little 99-seat theater. | 我们准备把表演放在某个晚上 在一个99座的剧院里 |
[11:38] | Can you come? | 你能来吗 |
[11:39] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[11:40] | Do you know 98 other people that might want to come? | 你知道还有哪98人会想来吗 |
[11:43] | Oh, hang on. | 噢 别挂 |
[11:45] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:46] | Listen carefully. | 听仔细了 |
[11:47] | I’m about to give you a set of instructions, | 我现在会给你一系列指示 |
[11:49] | Which you must follow to the letter. | 你照着我说的一步步做 |
[11:51] | Just a sec. | 等会儿 |
[11:52] | The theater is above a bowling alley, so it’s a little noisy, | 剧场是建在一个保龄球馆上面的 可能有点吵 |
[11:55] | But it might be the only chance I’ll ever get | 但这可能是我唯一一次扮演 |
[11:57] | to play anne frank. | 安妮·弗兰克的机会[安妮日记主人公] |
[12:00] | And the director is brilliant. | 而且那个导演太聪明了 |
[12:01] | He uses the bowling sounds as, like, nazi artillery. | 他利用打保龄球的声音 当作是纳粹的炮火声 |
[12:04] | Okay, great, I’ll see you then. | 好的 到时候见 |
[12:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:08] | Okay, step four. | 第四步 |
[12:10] | Do you see that small plastic case on my dresser? | 你看到我化妆台上的塑料小盒吗 |
[12:14] | Your dresser? who is this? | 你的化妆台? 你是哪位? |
[12:16] | It’s sheldon. | 我是谢尔顿 |
[12:17] | Oh, hey, sheldon! | 噢 好啊 谢尔顿 |
[12:19] | How is san francisco? | 旧金山怎么样 |
[12:20] | I’m not in san francisco. | 我没在旧金山 |
[12:21] | I’m on a train. | 我在火车上 |
[12:22] | Were you even listening to me? | 你到底有没有在听我说话 |
[12:24] | Uh, no, I was talking to my friend, but what’s up? | 没有 我在跟朋友聊天 怎么了 |
[12:26] | What’s up? I’ll tell you what’s up. | 怎么了 我来告诉你怎么了 |
[12:28] | I’m in a crisis situation, | 我现在性命交关 |
[12:30] | And I need you to marshal your powers of concentration, | 我现在要你集中所有小宇宙 |
[12:32] | Limited as they may be… | 专心致志地… |
[12:34] | Give me the phone. | 把电话给我 |
[12:36] | Hi, penny. it’s leonard. | 佩妮 我是莱纳德 |
[12:38] | Hey, leonard. | 嘿 莱纳德 |
[12:39] | What’s going on with dr. wackadoodle? | 奇怪博士怎么了 |
[12:42] | He’s calling to ask you a favor. | 他打来让你帮个忙的 |
[12:44] | You might be confused because he didn’t use the words, “penny,” “sheldon, | 你肯定很奇怪 因为他没用佩妮 谢尔顿 |
[12:48] | ” “please” or “favor.” | 请 帮忙这几个词 |
[12:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[12:50] | Enough chitchat. | 闲聊得够了 |
[12:52] | Okay, step one. | 听好 第一步 |
[12:53] | Locate your emergency key to our apartment. | 找到我们房子的备用钥匙 |
[12:56] | Step two, enter our apartment. | 第二步 走进我们的房子 |
[12:58] | Step three… | 第三步… |
[13:01] | Enter my bedroom. | 走进我的房间 |
[13:03] | Step four… | 第四步… |
[13:04] | Oh, hang on, sheldon, getting another call. | 等等 谢尔顿 又有电话来了 |
[13:06] | No! | 别挂 |
[13:07] | Leonard, let me tell you something. | 莱纳德 我告诉你 |
[13:09] | Personal robots cannot get here soon enough. | 我太期待个人机器人助理的诞生了 |
[13:13] | And that bright little star peeking her head out early today… | 那颗明亮的小星早早的就偷偷探出她的头 |
[13:18] | That’s venus. | 那就是金星 |
[13:20] | That is so cool. | 太赞了 |
[13:22] | You really know a lot about space. | 你对太空知道得真多 |
[13:24] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[13:25] | When you were on tv in firefly, you were actually in space. | 你演电视剧萤火虫的时候 你可真的是在太空里啊 |
[13:30] | You’re not one of those guys who really believe that, are you? | 你不会是那种真的相信那些是真的人吧 |
[13:33] | You mean one of the hopeless geeks? | 你说那些没希望的怪人吗 |
[13:36] | No. | 当然不是 |
[13:37] | Those are crazy people. | 他们都是疯子 |
[13:41] | Howard, be a dear and get me another one of these. | 霍华德 做做好人 帮我再拿一瓶 |
[13:50] | Now, him, he’s one of those geeks. | 告诉你 他就是那种白痴 |
[13:54] | All right, now, before you enter my bedroom unescorted, | 听着 在无第二方监视的情况下进入我房间之前 |
[13:57] | I need you to understand that this onetime | 我需要你明白这种一次性的 |
[14:00] | Grant of access does not create a permanent easement. | 通行权并不能转换为永久性的 |
[14:04] | Easement. | 通行权 |
[14:07] | It’s a legal right of access. | 是一种准许进入的法定权利 |
[14:09] | Good grief. | 老天她真无知 |
[14:11] | What? | 什么 |
[14:12] | No, don’t put me on hold. | 不行 别让我等着 |
[14:14] | Oh! | 噢 |
[14:16] | Do you believe him? | 你敢相信吗 |
[14:18] | Normally around women, he has the personality of a boiled potato. | 平时跟女人在一起 他就像个人形熟土豆 |
[14:23] | Put one beer in him, and he’s m. night charmalarmalon. | 喝了一瓶啤酒 他就成了把妹高手了 |
[14:29] | Is that what he’s drinking? | 这是他喝的吗 |
[14:31] | It’s not even real beer. | 这都不是真的啤酒 |
[14:32] | What? look at it. | -什么 -看这里 |
[14:34] | “non-alcoholic beer.” | 无酒精啤酒 |
[14:38] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[14:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:40] | Some sort of placebo effect, I guess. | 我猜是某种安慰剂效应 |
[14:43] | Placebo, you say. | 你说安慰剂 |
[14:46] | Interesting. | 有趣了 |
[14:49] | Yes, I’m still here. where am I going? I’m on a train. | 嗯 我还在 我还能去哪儿 我可是在火车上啊 |
[14:51] | Now, | 现在 |
[14:51] | What you’ll be looking for is a small wooden box located | 你要找的是一个小型木制盒子 |
[14:55] | Between a hoberman’s sphere and a sample of quartz flecked with pyrite. | 放在霍伯曼球面和嵌着黄铜矿的石英样本中间 |
[15:00] | Hoberman’s sphere. | 是霍伯曼球面 |
[15:02] | It’s collapsible icosidodecahedron. | 就是一个可收缩的二十面球体 |
[15:06] | No, the thing with the time on it is my alarm clock. | 不 那个有时间的东西是我的闹钟 |
[15:12] | Actually, in india, the names of constellations are different. | 其实 在印度有不同的星座名字 |
[15:15] | Where you have the big dipper, we have the big curry pot. | 你们有北斗七星 我们则有咖喱大锅 |
[15:20] | You’re making that up. | 那是你胡编的 |
[15:22] | You got me. | 被你揭穿了 |
[15:24] | Now what are you going to do with me? | 那你准备怎么惩罚我? |
[15:31] | Raj. yes? | -拉杰 -什么事? |
[15:33] | Look. what am I looking at? | -看啊 -这是什么? |
[15:34] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[15:35] | “non-alcoholic beer.” | 无酒精啤酒 |
[15:46] | Hi. I’m the small package good things come in. | 嗨 我就是别人常说的小身材大智慧 |
[15:53] | Okay, I got a box, but there’s no key in here. just letters. | 好吧 我是找到一个盒子 但里面只有信没有钥匙 |
[15:57] | That’s the wrong box. put it back. | 不是那个盒子 放回去 |
[15:58] | Oh, sheldon, are these letters from your grandmother? | 谢尔顿 这是你奶奶寄来的信吗? |
[16:01] | Don’t read those letters! | 别看那些信! |
[16:03] | Oh, look, she calls you “moon pie.” | 看呀 她管你叫小甜派 |
[16:05] | That is so cute. | 好可爱啊 |
[16:06] | Put down the letters! | 不准看信! |
[16:11] | Hey, penny. it’s leonard. | 嗨 佩妮 我是莱纳德 |
[16:13] | Hey, leonard. how’s the train ride? | 嗨 莱纳德 坐火车感觉如何? |
[16:15] | Delightful. | 相当愉快 |
[16:17] | Listen, I don’t know what you’re doing right now, | 听着 我不知你现在干嘛 |
[16:19] | But there are little bubbles forming on the corners of sheldon’s mouth. | 但谢尔顿稍稍有些咬牙切齿了 |
[16:22] | Okay, yeah, I kind of crossed a line. | 好吧 我是有点过火了 |
[16:24] | Put him back on. | 让他接吧 |
[16:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢哦 |
[16:26] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[16:28] | What up, moon pie? | 怎么啦 小甜派? |
[16:30] | Nobody calls me moon pie but meemaw! | 只有我奶奶才这么叫我! |
[16:35] | Hey, penny. leonard again. | 嗨 佩妮 又是我莱纳德 |
[16:40] | So anyway, in the dream, you and I were ice skating, just the two of us. | 不管怎样 在梦里 我们两个在滑冰 二人世界 |
[16:43] | And then, | 然后 |
[16:44] | I picked you up by your ankles and twirled | 我抬起你的脚踝 带着你 |
[16:47] | You round and round until your legs tore off. | 转了一圈又一圈 直到你的腿都掉下来了 |
[16:52] | I tried to stick them back on, but before I could, | 我试着把它们粘回去 不过在那之前 |
[16:56] | You turned into a giant loaf of pumpernickel bread. | 你已变身成一只巨大的黑面包 |
[17:01] | What do you think that means? | 你知道是什么意思吗? |
[17:04] | I really don’t know. | 我真不知道 |
[17:07] | I’ll give you a little clue. | 我给你点提示吧 |
[17:09] | My favorite sandwich? | 我最爱的三明治? |
[17:10] | Salami on pumpernickel. | 黑面包加色拉米香肠[意大利蒜味香肠] |
[17:12] | Is that so? | 就这样? |
[17:16] | And did you know the word “pumpernickel” | 你知道黑面包这个词吗? |
[17:17] | Comes from the german words “pumper” and “nickel,” | 是从德语的抽水机和分币两个词演变来的 |
[17:19] | Which loosely translates to “fart goblin”? | 一不小心就会理解成放屁的小妖精了 |
[17:24] | No. I didn’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[17:29] | Okay, I found the box. now what? | 好吧 我找到盒子了 接下来? |
[17:31] | You’re holding a japanese puzzle box, | 你正拿着一个日本迷箱 |
[17:34] | Which takes ten precise moves to open. | 要打开它必须采取十个精确步骤 |
[17:37] | First, | 首先 |
[17:37] | Locate the panel with the diamond pattern and | 找到有钻石图案的镶板 |
[17:41] | Slide the center portion one millimeter to the left. | 然后将中间部分往左滑一毫米 |
[17:44] | Then, on the opposite end of the box, | 接着 在盒子的反面 |
[17:47] | Slide the entire panel down two millimeters. | 将整个镶板往下推2毫米 |
[17:50] | You’ll hear a slight click. | 你会听到一下轻轻的咔哒声 |
[17:52] | Hang on. sheldon, do you have any emotional attachment to this box? | 等下 谢尔顿 你对这个盒子有什么情结吗? |
[17:56] | No, it’s a novelty I ordered off the internet. | 不 在网上买的便宜新奇货而已 |
[17:58] | Did you hear the click? | 你听到咔哒声了吗? |
[17:59] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[18:05] | There it is. | 听到了 |
[18:10] | Okay, here’s another one. | 好吧 换个话题 |
[18:11] | If you married the famous rock guitarist johnny winter, | 如果你嫁给了著名摇滚吉他手强尼·温特 |
[18:16] | You’d be summer winter. | 你的名字就冬夏皆有了 |
[18:19] | Uh-huh. yep. | -唔唔 -是啊 |
[18:22] | Okay, I’m going to just go for broke here and say I like you. | 我这么拼死拼活就是想说 我喜欢你 |
[18:26] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[18:31] | Do you realistically see any conversational path that would take me from | 老实说 你觉得有什么话题 |
[18:35] | Where we are right now to a place | 能改善下我们目前的窘况 |
[18:36] | Where I could ask you out and you’d say yes? | 以便你能答应我约你出去呢? |
[18:40] | No. | 没有 |
[18:43] | Fair enough. | 很好 |
[18:44] | I’ll leave you in peace. | 我不会烦你了 |
[18:46] | Thank you. | 感激不尽 |
[18:50] | But before I go, | 但我走之前 |
[18:51] | Would you mind if I just take one | 你介意我们拍张合照吗? |
[18:54] | Picture of us together for my facebook page? | 我要贴在我的Fackbook上 |
[18:57] | Sure. | 当然不了 |
[19:08] | Okay. great. | 好了 太棒了 |
[19:10] | Now, can I take one where it looks like we’re making out? | 那个 我能拍张让我们看起来像在热吻吗? |
[19:14] | Okay, now you’re going to insert the flash drive into the usb port… | 好吧 现在你要把优盘插进USB接口… |
[19:23] | She calls me moon pie because I’m | 她之所以叫我小甜派 |
[19:26] | Nummy-nummy and she could just eat me up. | 是因为我看起来很可口 她想要一口吃掉 |
[19:30] | Now, please put the flash drive in the usb port. | 现在 拜托你快把优盘插进USB接口 |
[19:36] | The one that looks like a little duck’s mouth. | 就是那个看起来像小鸭子嘴的东西 |
[19:41] | Hey, how’d it go? | 进展如何? |
[19:43] | Terminator broke my phone. | 终结者毁了我的手机 |
[19:50] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[19:54] | Okay, I’ll be honest with you. | 让我开诚布公吧 |
[19:56] | I’ve just spent the last two hours imagining various scenarios in my head, | 我花了两小时构思了各种搭讪方案 |
[19:59] | Trying to come up with some clever line to say to you. | 就为了能给你留下个好印象 |
[20:02] | But then I finally realized you’re a human being; I’m a human being. | 但我最终意识到 我们都是人类 |
[20:05] | I could just say to you… | 我只要对你说… |
[20:06] | Santa barbara. | 下一站 圣巴巴拉市 |
[20:08] | I’m sorry. this is me. | 抱歉 我要下车了 |
[20:12] | Hi, my name’s leonard. | 你好 我叫莱纳德 |
[20:18] | So, I’m thinking, you won the nobel prize what, three years ago? | 我是这样想的 你三年前获得诺贝尔奖 |
[20:22] | So you must deal with a whole lot of “what has smoot done lately?” | 你一定很烦 关于你近来有什么成就的言论 |
[20:27] | My thought is we continue my research as a team– you know, cooper-smoot, | 所以我们可以合作继续我的研究 |
[20:31] | you know, cooper-smoot, alphabetical– | 按字幕顺序 可以起名叫库珀-斯穆特 |
[20:33] | and when we win the nobel prize, you’ll be back on top. | 我们就能赢得诺贝尔奖 你又重新登顶 |
[20:36] | With all due respect, dr. cooper, are you on crack? | 尊敬的库珀博士 你疯了吗? |
[20:43] | Fine! smoot-cooper. | 那就叫斯穆特-库珀好了! |