时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Let’s see, Raj was the Kung Pao Chicken. | 拉杰是宫保鸡丁 |
[00:04] | I’m the dumplings. | 我是饺子 |
[00:05] | Yes, you are. | 没错 |
[00:08] | Creepy, howard. | 太恶心了 霍华德 |
[00:10] | Creepy good or creepy bad? | 恶心得可爱还是纯粹的恶心 |
[00:13] | Who was the shrimp with lobster sauce? | 谁点的鲜虾加龙虾酱 |
[00:15] | That would be me. | 那是我的 |
[00:16] | Come to papa, you un-kosher delight. | 朝这里看 你这个肮脏的小美味 |
[00:20] | I’m not necessarily talking to the food. | 我这话可不光是对着食物说哦 |
[00:28] | Sit over there. | 坐一边去 |
[00:35] | Sit over there. | 坐一边去 |
[00:46] | Baby wipe? | 婴儿纸巾 |
[00:47] | Why do you have… | 你干嘛用 |
[00:48] | No, don’t ask! no, don’t, don’t! | -别问 -别 别问 |
[00:51] | I’ll tell you why. | 我来告诉你为什么 |
[00:54] | I had to sanitize my hands | 我必须消毒我的手 |
[00:56] | Because the university replaced the paper towels in the rest rooms | 因为大学把 厕所里擦手的纸巾 |
[00:59] | With hot air blowers. | 换成了吹风机 |
[01:00] | I thought the blowers were more sanitary. | 我怎么感觉吹风机更卫生 |
[01:02] | Really, don’t. why…? | 别问啊 |
[01:04] | Hot air blowers are incubators and spewers of bacteria and pestilence. | 吹风机可以说是细菌 和瘟疫的发源地 |
[01:09] | Frankly, it’d be more hygienic | 老实说 用吹风机的话 |
[01:10] | If they just had a plague-infested gibbon | 还不如让一只得了瘟疫的长臂猿打喷嚏打到我手干 |
[01:11] | Sneeze my hands dry. | 来得卫生呢 |
[01:14] | Hey, guys, I just got the most amazing | 伙计们 我有一个天大的 |
[01:16] | News… | 好消息 |
[01:19] | Gosh, raj, do you think you’ll ever be able | 天呐 拉杰 你如果不喝醉的话 |
[01:21] | To talk in front of me without being drunk? | 是不是永远都不能在我面前说话 |
[01:26] | Okay, well, I’ll just, um, go eat by myself. | 好吧 那我 就自己一个人去吃了 |
[01:29] | Penny, you don’t have to do that. | 佩妮 你不需要这样的 |
[01:31] | Oh, it’s okay, between him not talking, him talking and him… | 没事 考虑到他不说话 他说的话 还有他 |
[01:37] | I’m better off alone. | 我最好还是离开吧 |
[01:38] | Good-bye, you poor, strange little man. | 再见 你这个可怜的怪人 |
[01:46] | She’s so considerate. | 她太贴心了 |
[01:47] | So what’s your news? | 你有什么大新闻 |
[01:49] | Remember that little planetary object | 还记得那个我定位的 |
[01:50] | I spotted beyond the kuiper belt? | 比凯伯带天体更远的那颗行星吗 |
[01:51] | Oh, yeah, 2008-nq sub-17. | 哦对 2008-NQ SUB-17 |
[01:54] | Or as I call it, planet bollywood. | 或者用我的叫法 宝莱坞星 |
[01:57] | Anyway, because of | 由于我的发现 |
[01:58] | My discovery, people magazine is naming me | 《人物》杂志把我提名为 |
[02:00] | One of their 30 under 30 to watch. | 30岁以下的30大焦点人物之一了 |
[02:02] | Raj… congratulations. | 拉杰 祝贺你 |
[02:04] | That’s incredible. | 太棒了 |
[02:05] | Excuse me, | 不好意思 |
[02:07] | 30 what under 30 what to watch what? | 30岁以下的什么30大人物的什么焦点 |
[02:11] | 30 visionaries under 30 years of age to watch | 30岁以下的30名值得关注的梦想家 |
[02:14] | As they challenge the preconceptions of their fields. | 因为他们对自己领域的一些传统臆断提出了挑战 |
[02:16] | If I had a million guesses, I never would have gotten that. | 让我猜百万次我都不会想到是这样 |
[02:21] | It’s pretty cool. they’ve got me in | 真是相当酷的 他们让我和一个 |
[02:23] | With a guy who’s doing something about hunger in indonesia, | 在研究印度尼西亚饥荒问题的人一起入选 |
[02:25] | And a psychotherapist who’s using dolphins | 还有一位精神治疗师 他在用海豚 |
[02:27] | To rehabilitate prisoners, | 来感化囚犯 |
[02:28] | And ellen page, | 还有爱伦·佩基 |
[02:29] | Star of the charming independent film, juno. | 他是那部独立电影《朱诺》里的明星 |
[02:33] | Oh, I’d so do her. | 我绝对想上她 |
[02:37] | You’d do the dolphins. | 你连海豚都想上 |
[02:41] | Do I get an honorable mention for designing | 你在用的那个我设计的望远摄像机的固定架 |
[02:42] | The telescope camera mounting bracket you used? | 在采访中你会不会提到 |
[02:45] | Sorry, it’s not part | 不好意思 |
[02:46] | Of my heartwarming and personal narrative | 这和我所要叙述的温馨故事无关 |
[02:48] | In which a humble boy from new delhi overcame | 我是一个从新德里来的傻男孩 |
[02:50] | Poverty and prejudice | 我克服了贫困和歧视 |
[02:52] | And journeyed to america to reach for the stars. | 不远万里来到了美国寻找梦想 |
[02:55] | Poverty? your father’s a gynecologist. | 贫困吗 你老爸是个妇科医生 |
[02:57] | He drives a bentley. | 他开的是宾利 |
[02:59] | It’s a lease. | 那是租的 |
[03:04] | I’m confused. | 我有点搞不懂 |
[03:06] | Was there some sort of peer review committee | 是不是由什么行业审查委员会 |
[03:08] | To determine which scientists would be included? | 来决定选那些人 |
[03:11] | Peer review? it’s people magazine. | 行业审查 这是《人物》杂志 |
[03:12] | People picked me. | 人们选择了我 |
[03:14] | What people? | 什么人 |
[03:16] | The people from people. | 《人物》里的那些人啊 |
[03:18] | Yeah, but exactly who are these people? | 那这些到底是什么人 |
[03:21] | What are their credentials? | 他们有什么凭据吗 |
[03:22] | How are they qualified? | 为什么他们有资格评选 |
[03:23] | What makes accidentally noticing a hunk of rock | 偶然发现了一块在太阳系里 |
[03:26] | That’s been traipsing around the solar system | 慢悠悠地飘了几十亿年的 |
[03:28] | For billions of years more noteworthy | 大石头为什么就比其他 |
[03:30] | Than any other scientific accomplishment made by someone under 30? | 30岁以下科学家的成就 更加杰出呢 |
[03:34] | Boy, I’ll bet ellen page’s friends aren’t giving her this kind of crap. | 天呐 我想爱伦·佩基的朋友们 不会这样损她的 |
[03:43] | Are you proud of yourself? | 这下你感到自豪了吗 |
[03:44] | In general, yes. | 总的来说 是的 |
[04:16] | Oh, there’s my missing neutrino. | 哦 漏掉的中微子原来在这儿 |
[04:19] | You were hiding from me as an unbalanced charge, | 你就像一个不稳定的电荷一样躲躲藏藏的 |
[04:22] | Weren’t you, you little sub-atomic dickens? | 是吗 你这个亚原子魔鬼 |
[04:25] | Hey, sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[04:26] | Hey, look, | 看啊 |
[04:27] | Look, I found my missing neutrino. | 我找到了那个中微子 |
[04:29] | Oh good, we can take it off the milk carton. | 太好了 我们可以把他从牛奶盒上拿下来了 |
[04:33] | Come on, we’re going to apologize to raj | 走吧 我们去和拉杰道歉 |
[04:34] | And invite him out to dinner. | 请他去吃晚饭 |
[04:35] | Apologize for what? | 道什么歉 |
[04:37] | He came over last night with some pretty good news | 他昨天带了一个好消息来 |
[04:40] | And we weren’t very supportive. | 但我们都很不热情 |
[04:42] | I sense you’re trying to tell me something. | 我感觉你像是要说什么 |
[04:45] | You were a colossal asshat. | 你昨天相当欠扁 |
[04:51] | No, I beg to differ. | 没有吧 |
[04:53] | Of the three of us, I was by far the most supportive. | 在我们3个人之间 我是最热情的一个 |
[04:55] | Really? do tell. | 是吗 来说说 |
[04:57] | How will raj ever reach true greatness | 如果拉杰的朋友们把门槛降低的话 |
[04:59] | If his friends lower the bar for him? | 他怎么能找到科学的真谛呢 |
[05:01] | When I was 11, | 我11岁的时候 |
[05:03] | My sister bought our father | 我妹妹给我爸买了一个 |
[05:04] | A “world’s greatest dad” coffee mug | 写着”世界上最好的爸爸”字样的咖啡杯 |
[05:06] | And, frankly, the man coasted until the day he died. | 老实说 他一生就这么晃荡下去了 |
[05:11] | Okay, let’s try it this way. | 那么这么说吧 |
[05:12] | What if this people magazine thing is the best raj is ever going to achieve? | 如果这个什么《人物》杂志 是拉杰能得到的最高成就呢 |
[05:15] | I had not considered that. | 这我到没想到 |
[05:19] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[05:20] | I often forget other people have limitations. | 我总是忘了普通人是有极限的 |
[05:23] | It’s so sad. | 真是悲哀 |
[05:26] | He can feel sadness? | 他能感到悲哀 |
[05:27] | Not really. | 不太能 |
[05:29] | It’s what you and I would call condescension. | 我们管这个叫自以为是 |
[05:32] | Now when we go in there, let’s show raj that we’re happy for him. | 我们进去的时候 得让他觉得我们为他高兴 |
[05:35] | But I’m not. | 看是我不觉得啊 |
[05:39] | Well, then fake it. | 那就装得高兴 |
[05:40] | Look at me. | 你看我 |
[05:41] | I could be grinding on the fact that without my stabilizing telescope mount | 我可以完全不去想 如果没有我的电子望远镜 |
[05:45] | He never would have found that stupid, little clump of cosmic schmutz. | 他永远也不能发现 那块愚蠢的宇宙垃圾 |
[05:51] | But I’m bigger than that. | 我很牛吧 |
[05:53] | Fine. | 好了 |
[05:54] | What do you want me to do? | 那你让我怎么做 |
[05:55] | Smile. | 笑 |
[06:04] | Oh, crap, that’s terrifying. | 太可怕了 |
[06:10] | We’re here to see koothrappali, not kill batman. | 我们是去看库萨帕里 不是去干掉蝙蝠侠 |
[06:14] | Try less teeth. | 笑不露齿 |
[06:21] | Close enough. come on. | 差不多了 |
[06:25] | Hey, raj. | 嗨 拉杰 |
[06:27] | Hey, guys. what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[06:28] | We just wanted to invite you out to dinner tonight. | 我们今天晚上想请你吃饭 |
[06:30] | To celebrate your “30 under 30” thing. | 庆祝一下你的大器早成 |
[06:33] | Right, sheldon? | 对吧 谢尔顿 |
[06:37] | That’s very nice of you. | 你们太好了 |
[06:39] | I would like that. | 我很乐意去 |
[06:40] | Hello, boys. dr. gablehauser. | -孩子们 -盖博豪斯博士 |
[06:42] | Dr. koothrappali. | 库萨帕里博士 |
[06:43] | Dr. gablehauser. | 盖博豪斯博士 |
[06:44] | Dr. hofstader. dr. gablehauser. | -霍夫斯塔德博士 -盖博豪斯博士 |
[06:45] | Dr. cooper. dr. gablehauser. | -库珀博士 -盖博豪斯博士 |
[06:47] | Mr. wolowitz. | 沃罗威茨先生 |
[06:49] | Boys, I’ve got a question for you | 孩子们 我有个问题要问你们 |
[06:51] | Who in this room | 这个房间里 |
[06:53] | Discovered a star? | 谁发现了颗星星[恒星] |
[06:54] | Actually, 2008-nq sub-17 is a planetary body. | 事实上 2009-NQ SUB-17只是颗行星 |
[06:57] | I’m not talking about you, I’m talking about me. | 我不是在说你 是说我呢 |
[07:00] | You, my exotic young friend, | 你 我来自异国他乡的青年朋友 |
[07:02] | Are my star. | 就是我的明星 |
[07:04] | But you didn’t discover him. | 但他不是你发掘出来的 |
[07:06] | You merely noticed he was here, | 你以前都不会留意到他 |
[07:07] | Much like he did with 2008-nq sub-17. | 就跟他也没怎么留意过2008-NQ SUB-17 |
[07:10] | Sheldon… | 谢尔顿 |
[07:11] | Oh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[07:16] | Boy, we’ve got to get you into a better office. | 孩子 我们真该给你换个好点的办公室 |
[07:18] | Something more suited to your status. | 能配得上你的名气 |
[07:20] | Really, you don’t have to go to any trouble. | 真的不用麻烦了 |
[07:22] | How about if I put you in von gerlich’s old office? | 我把你安排到冯·哥图尔以前的办公室怎么样 |
[07:24] | I’d rather have fishbein’s. it’s bigger. | 我更喜欢菲什宾的 更宽敞一点 |
[07:27] | Wait a minute, I called dibs on fishbein’s office | 等等 自打菲什宾穿浴袍出现在办公室那天 |
[07:29] | The day he started showing up at work in his bathrobe. | 我就申请他的办公室了 |
[07:32] | He gets a new office, I can’t even get | 能给他换办公室 就不能 |
[07:34] | -Paper towels in the men’s room? -sheldon. | -在男厕所放点擦手巾 -谢尔顿 |
[07:36] | Damn, this is hard. | 该死 真难为我了 |
[07:45] | Let me ask you something. | 让我问问你们 |
[07:47] | What do you think the business of this place is? | 你们觉得咱们的工作为的是什么 |
[07:54] | Science | 科学 |
[07:55] | -Money. -told you. | -是钱 -告诉过你吧 |
[07:58] | And this boy’s picture in people magazine | 这孩子的照片上了《人物》周刊 |
[08:01] | Is gonna raise us a pile of money taller than… | 能给我们带来多少钱 |
[08:03] | Well, taller than you. | 堆起来比你高 |
[08:07] | I have a master’s degree. | 我有个硕士文凭的 |
[08:09] | Who doesn’t? | 谁没有啊 |
[08:12] | Dr. koothrappali, have you ever had lunch | 库萨帕里博士 你有没有 |
[08:14] | In the president’s dining room? | 在院长的餐厅吃过午饭呢 |
[08:16] | I didn’t even know there was a president’s dining room. | 我都不知道还有专门给院长的餐厅 |
[08:18] | It’s the same food as the cafeteria, only fresh. | 和食堂的食物种类一样 就是更新鲜一点 |
[08:21] | Come on, little buddy. | 走吧 小同志 |
[08:22] | Okay, big buddy. | 好滴 老同志 |
[08:23] | See you tonight, guys. | 大家晚上见 |
[08:28] | You can stop smiling now. | 你不用笑了 |
[08:33] | So anyway, after a fantastic lunch, | 用过美妙的午餐之后 |
[08:36] | I was whisked off to the people magazine photo shoot… | 他们就催我去《人物》周刊拍照 |
[08:38] | Have any of you boys ever been to a photo shoot? | 孩子们你们去过专业拍照的地方么 |
[08:40] | Uh-uh. no. | 没啊 |
[08:41] | It’s fantastic. | 很神奇的哦 |
[08:43] | Apparently, the camera loves me and i, it. | 很明显 镜头对我很有爱 我也很上镜 |
[08:47] | They shot me in front of a starry background where I posed like this. | 我站在星空的背景前面 拍照 我摆了个这样的姿势 |
[08:57] | They’re going to digitally add a supernova. | 他们要PS一个超新星进去 |
[08:59] | They say it’s the perfect metaphor for my incandescent talent. | 他们觉得这样能完美诠释 我辉煌的天赋 |
[09:02] | Right, a ball of hot, flaming gas | 没错 就像一个炽热的大火球 |
[09:05] | That collapses upon itself. | 分崩离析 |
[09:09] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[09:10] | Oh, it’s my assistant, trevor. | 是我的助理特雷弗打来的 |
[09:12] | Go for koothrappali. | 我是库萨帕里 |
[09:13] | they gave him an assistant | 还给他配个助理 |
[09:15] | If I want a new pen, i have to go to the bank with wire cutters. | 我想要根笔 还得拿着剪线钳去银行 |
[09:19] | Have we at this point met our social obligations? | 咱们已经尽到所有该尽的社会责任了吧 |
[09:22] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[09:24] | Okay, just put it on my calendar, | 好吧 先安排到我的日程里 |
[09:25] | But start thinking of a reason why I can’t go. | 同时帮我想个我出席不了的理由 |
[09:27] | All righty? koothrappali out. | 哦了么 我挂了 |
[09:30] | God bless that boy. | 上帝保佑那孩子 |
[09:31] | I don’t know what I’d do without him. | 没有他我非忙死不可 |
[09:32] | You just got him this afternoon. | 你今天下午才有的助理啊 |
[09:34] | Yes, but I’m finding that having a lackey suits me. | 没错 但我觉得我是得有个仆人 |
[09:38] | A lackey? | 仆人 |
[09:39] | Oh, I’m sorry. is that politically incorrect? | 不好意思 是不是法律不允许啊 |
[09:41] | In india, we just call them untouchables. | 在印度 我们称其为贱民 |
[09:44] | Now? | 现在 |
[09:45] | Almost. | 快了 |
[09:48] | Speaking of untouchables, I’ve got great news for you guys. | 说到贱民 我给你们带来了好消息 |
[09:52] | People magazine is having a reception this saturday | 这周六《人物》杂志要举行个招待会 |
[09:54] | And I managed to get you invited. | 我设法让你们也被邀请了 |
[09:56] | Oh, gee, thanks. | 切 谢了 |
[09:57] | Oh, you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[09:59] | Of course, I couldn’t get you into the vip section | 当然我没法让你们去贵宾席 |
[10:01] | Because, you know, that’s for vips | 因为那是设给贵宾的 |
[10:03] | And you guys are just, you know… p’s. | 你们只是 普通人 |
[10:07] | There’s a tribe in papua new guinea | 在巴布亚新几内亚有一个部落 |
[10:10] | Where, when a hunter flaunts his success | 当一个猎人向其他部民 |
[10:13] | To the rest of the village, | 炫耀他的成功时 |
[10:14] | They kill him and drive away evil spirits | 他们宰了他 并敲打他的皮做的鼓 |
[10:16] | With a drum made of his skin. | 以驱逐他邪恶的灵魂 |
[10:18] | Superstitious nonsense, of course, | 当然是迷信而无道理的 |
[10:20] | But one can see their point. | 但某人可以明白他们的用意 |
[10:29] | Here you go, raj. | 给你 拉杰 |
[10:30] | You might want to drink this one slowly. | 你或许想慢慢享用这杯 |
[10:32] | Okay. so, saturday night, can I count on my posse? | 那就周六晚上了 这么说定了 |
[10:36] | Gee, I’d love to, raj, but I can’t make it. | 我很乐意去 拉杰 但我去不了 |
[10:39] | Oh, okay. leonard? | 好的 莱纳德 |
[10:43] | No, I could… no. | 不行 我要 不行 |
[10:47] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[10:48] | I can make it. but I won’t. | 我能去 但我不想去 |
[10:51] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[10:53] | There’s a reception for my magazine article on saturday. | 周六有场为我的杂志文章举行的招待会 |
[10:55] | And you guys aren’t going? | 而你们这些家伙不准备去 |
[10:57] | I can’t believe you. | 真不敢相信 |
[10:59] | Raj is celebrating a tremendous accomplishment | 拉杰要庆祝他的惊人成就 |
[11:01] | And you’re not even going to be there to support him? | 而你们甚至都不去支持他 |
[11:03] | A tremendous accomplishment would be | 惊人成就应该是 |
[11:04] | If the planetary body he discovered | 如果他发现一个行星体 |
[11:06] | Were plummeting toward earth and he exploded it with his mind. | 正急速撞向地球 他用意念摧毁了它 |
[11:11] | That would be cool. | 那太酷了 |
[11:12] | I’d go to that reception. | 我得去那个招待会 |
[11:14] | Come on, this is huge. | 拜托 这很重大 |
[11:16] | Raj is gonna be in people magazine, | 拉杰上了《人物》杂志 |
[11:17] | And he didn’t even have to knock up one of the spears sisters. | 他甚至不用搞大斯皮尔斯姐妹中的一个的肚子 |
[11:21] | Would you like to go with me? | 你愿意和我一起去吗 |
[11:23] | Of course I would. | 我当然愿意 |
[11:25] | I would be honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[11:26] | Really? cool. | 真的 酷 |
[11:27] | Shame on you guys. | 替你们脸红 |
[11:32] | Look at that, I got a date with penny. | 看看 我约到佩妮了 |
[11:36] | I can’t believe it took you a whole year. | 不敢相信那花了你一整年的时间 |
[11:40] | Now? | 现在呢 |
[11:41] | Now. | 就是现在 |
[11:46] | Hey, buddy, | 嘿 伙计 |
[11:48] | I’m going to be in people magazine. | 我要上《人物》杂志了 |
[11:50] | Yeah, call me when you’re on the cover. | 上封面的时候再打给我 |
[12:05] | look at you | 看看你 |
[12:06] | I know. I’m resplendent like the noonday sun, am I not? | 我像正午的阳光般闪耀 不是吗 |
[12:11] | Uh, yeah. starting with the champagne a little early, aren’t you? | 先说香槟 喝得有点早 不是吗 |
[12:15] | It was in the limo. they sent a limo. | 豪华轿车里的 他们派了辆豪华轿车 |
[12:17] | I have a limo. I just love saying “limo.” | 我坐的是豪华轿车 我真喜欢说”豪华轿车” |
[12:21] | Sip on this while you’re getting ready. | 你做准备的时候喝点这个 |
[12:23] | Oh, I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[12:24] | That’s what you’re wearing? | 你就穿这个 |
[12:27] | Um, yeah. why, what’s wrong with it? | 对呀 怎么了 有什么不好吗 |
[12:30] | Nothing. I was just hoping for something a little more, | 没什么 只是我本来期望的更 |
[12:33] | You know, ridonkulous. | 疯狂些 |
[12:40] | Mm, yeah. well, this is all the donkulous | 是啊 今晚的疯狂就 |
[12:44] | You’re gonna get tonight. | 这个样子了 |
[12:47] | Okey-dokey, let’s roll. | 好好 让我们摇摆吧 |
[12:49] | All right, it’s time to raise the roof! | 好了 狂欢时刻开始 |
[12:53] | Hey, leonard. | 嘿 莱纳德 |
[12:55] | Hey. dude. | -嘿 -哥们 |
[12:56] | You look very nice. | 你看起来很不错 |
[12:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:01] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[13:03] | Good night, leonard. good night. | -晚安 莱纳德 -晚安 |
[13:04] | Hey, leonard, do you see my limo downstairs? | 莱纳德 看到楼下我那辆豪华轿车了吗 |
[13:07] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[13:08] | It’s bigger than the house my grandfather grew up in. | 比我爷爷小时候的房子还大 |
[13:10] | Terrific. | 好极了 |
[13:12] | It has more food, too. | 食物也更多 |
[13:13] | All right, come on. come on. | 好了 走吧 走吧 |
[13:25] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:27] | Hey, good news. | 嘿 好消息 |
[13:28] | You don’t have to sulk about penny anymore. | 你不用再为佩妮闷闷不乐了 |
[13:30] | Look, there are hundreds of croatian women | 有成千上百个克罗地亚女人 |
[13:32] | Just waiting for you to contact them. | 正等着你去找她们 |
[13:35] | Anything-for-a-greencard.com? | 为了绿卡什么都行.com |
[13:40] | I’ll lend you my user name. | 我可以借你我的用户名 |
[13:41] | It’s “wealthy big penis.” | “富有的大鸡鸡” |
[13:44] | You’re joking. | 开玩笑吧 |
[13:46] | You gotta make it easy for ’em. | 你得让她们容易明白 |
[13:48] | They’re just learning english. | 她们刚开始学英语 |
[13:50] | Pass. | 算了 |
[13:52] | So you’re just gonna sit around here and mope | 你就在这儿郁闷着 |
[13:54] | While penny is out with dr. apu from the kwik-e mart? | 而佩妮在和快易买的阿普博士约会 |
[13:58] | It’s not a date, and that’s racist. | 那不是个约会 那是种族主义 |
[14:01] | It can’t be racist. | 不可能是种族主义 |
[14:03] | He’s a beloved character on the simpsons. | 他是《辛普森一家》中的可爱角色 |
[14:06] | Let’s just eat so I can get to bed. | 我们开饭吧 我好上床睡觉 |
[14:09] | With any luck, tonight will be the night my sleep apnea kills me. | 运气好的话 今晚我就会死于睡眠呼吸暂停 |
[14:16] | Did you remember to ask | 你还记得 |
[14:18] | For the chicken with broccoli to be diced, not shredded? yes. | -西兰花要切丁 不要切丝 -是的 |
[14:20] | Even though the menu description specifies “shredded”? | 即使菜单上强调是”切丝” |
[14:21] | Yes. brown rice, not white? | -是的 -黑米 不要白米饭 |
[14:23] | Yes. did you stop at the korean grocery | -是的 -你去韩国杂货铺 |
[14:25] | And get the good hot mustard? yes. | -买了上等的芥末酱 -是的 |
[14:26] | Did you pick up the low sodium soy sauce from the market? | 你从市场上买了低盐酱油吗 |
[14:28] | -Yes. -Thank you.-You are welcome | -是的 -谢谢 -不用 |
[14:30] | What took you so long? | 你怎么去了那么久 |
[14:35] | Just sit down and eat. | 就坐下吃吧 |
[14:36] | Fine. | 好的 |
[14:41] | All right, it’s shredded. what do you want me to do? | 行了 是切丝的 你想要我怎么样 |
[14:43] | I want you to check before you accept the order. | 我想让你拿餐之前检查一下 |
[14:46] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:48] | Were you distracted by the possibility that koothrappali | 你是不是担心库萨帕里 |
[14:51] | Might have intercourse with penny tonight? | 会和佩妮上床 所以才分神的 |
[14:55] | He’s not going to have intercourse with penny. | 他不会和佩妮上床的 |
[14:58] | Then there’s no excuse for this chicken. | 那鸡肉的事就没有借口 |
[15:03] | You know, this situation with koothrappali brings to mind | 库萨帕里的境况让我想起了 |
[15:06] | A story from my childhood. | 我小时候的一件事 |
[15:07] | Oh, goody, more tales from the panhandle. | 太好了 又是关于狭长地带的事 |
[15:11] | That’s northwest texas. I’m from east texas, | 那是德克萨斯的西北部 我来自德克萨斯东部 |
[15:13] | The gulf region, home to many vietnamese shrimpers. | 高尔夫之地 越南捕虾者的故乡 |
[15:16] | Do the shrimpers feature in your story? | 捕虾者是你故事里的主角吗 |
[15:19] | No. | 不是 |
[15:22] | Anyway, | 不管怎样 |
[15:23] | When I was eight, | 我八岁时 |
[15:25] | A montgomery ward delivery van ran over our family cat lucky. | 一辆蒙哥马利区的送货车从我们家小猫阿吉身上辗过 |
[15:30] | Lucky? | 阿吉吗 |
[15:32] | Yes, lucky. | 对 阿吉 |
[15:33] | He’s irony-impaired. just move on. | 他不太会用反讽 不用管 |
[15:37] | Okay, dead cat named lucky. continue. | 好的 有一只叫阿吉的死猫 接着讲 |
[15:40] | While others mourned lucky, I realized his untimely demise | 当其他人哀悼阿吉时 我想到的是它的提早离世 |
[15:43] | Provided me with the opportunity to replace him | 给我提供了一个换掉他的机会 |
[15:46] | With something more suited to my pet needs | 找一个更符合我个人口味的宠物 |
[15:48] | A faithful companion | 一个忠实的伴侣 |
[15:50] | That I could snuggle with at night, | 这样我晚上睡觉时就能抱着它 |
[15:51] | Yet would be capable of killing upon telepathic command. | 而且还能阻止心灵捕手的杀害 |
[15:56] | So not a puppy? | 那你不想要小狗 |
[15:59] | Please, nothing so pedestrian. | 当然 我不要步行的 |
[16:01] | I wanted a griffin. | 我想要个狮身鹰首兽 |
[16:04] | A griffin? | 狮身鹰首兽吗 |
[16:07] | Yes, half eagle, half lion. | 对 一半是鹰 一半是狮子 |
[16:09] | And mythological. | 还是一半是神话 |
[16:12] | Irrelevant. | 毫不相关 |
[16:14] | I was studying recombinant dna technology, | 我在研究DNA重组技术 |
[16:18] | And I was confidant I could create one, | 我相信我能造出来一个 |
[16:20] | But my parents were unwilling | 但我爸妈不愿意 |
[16:21] | To secure the necessary eagle eggs and lion semen. | 找实验必须的老鹰的卵和狮子的精子 |
[16:26] | Of course, my sister got swimming lessons when she wanted them. | 当然了 当我妹妹想要时 她能在游泳课上得到 |
[16:32] | Sheldon, not that we don’t all enjoy a good lion semen story, | 谢尔顿 不是我们不喜欢关于狮子精子的故事 |
[16:36] | But… what’s your point? | 只是 你到底想说什么 |
[16:39] | My point is if koothrappali is moving on | 我想说的是如果库萨帕里得到了 |
[16:42] | To a new life of shallow undeserved fame, | 不应该属于他的名誉而过上了新生活 |
[16:45] | Perhaps this is an opportunity to create a better cohort. | 也许是时候造一个更好的同伴了 |
[16:48] | You want to breed a new friend? | 你还想培植一个新朋友 |
[16:52] | That’s one option, but who has the time? | 是个选择 不过谁有那闲工夫 |
[16:55] | But consider this– the japanese, | 不过想想这个 日本人 |
[16:58] | They’re doing some wonderful work | 他们正在做一些关于 |
[16:59] | With artificial intelligence. | 人工智能的研究 |
[17:01] | Now, you combine that with some animatronics | 现在 你把这项研究和来自迪斯尼 |
[17:03] | From the imagineers over at disney, | 幻想者的那些电子动物们结合 |
[17:05] | Next thing you know, we’re playing halo | 咱们就能和通晓多国语言的 |
[17:07] | With a multilingual abraham lincoln. | 亚伯拉罕·林肯玩《光环》了[视频游戏] |
[17:10] | Sheldon, don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re insane. | 谢尔顿 别会错意了 不过你真是疯了 |
[17:14] | That may well be, | 可能像你说的那样吧 |
[17:16] | But the fact is it wouldn’t kill us | 不过事实是结识新人 |
[17:17] | To meet some new people. | 它也不会杀了我们 |
[17:19] | For the record, it could kill us to meet new people. | 我正式声明 它可能会因结识新人而杀了我们 |
[17:24] | They could be murderers or the carriers of unusual pathogens. | 他们可能是杀人凶手 或者未知病原体的携带者 |
[17:27] | And I’m not insane. my mother had me tested. | 而且我没疯 我妈带我做过检查了 |
[17:34] | If we do get a new friend, | 如果我们真有了个新朋友 |
[17:36] | He should be a guy you can trust. | 他应该是一个我们信得过的人 |
[17:38] | A guy who has your back. | 他应该支持你 |
[17:40] | And he should have a lot of money | 而且他应该有很多钱 |
[17:41] | And live in a cool place down by the beach | 居住在海滩旁边的一所酷宅 |
[17:43] | Where we could throw parties. | 我们可以在那举办聚会 |
[17:44] | He should share our love of technology. | 他应该像我们那样热爱科技 |
[17:46] | And he should know a lot of women. | 他还应该认识很多的女人 |
[17:48] | Let’s see, money, women, technology. | 那就是说 钱 女人 科技 |
[17:52] | Okay, we’re agreed. Our new friend is going to be iron man. | 好的 同意 我们的新朋友会是钢铁侠 |
[18:02] | Welcome to the raj mahal. | 欢迎光临拉杰的泰姬陵 |
[18:06] | It’s very nice. good night, raj. | 很不错 晚安 拉杰 |
[18:09] | -No, no, wait. the evening’s not over. -yes, it is. | -别走 等等 今晚尚未结束 -今晚结束了 |
[18:11] | No, it’s time to put on some r. kelly and suck face. | 没有 放上罗·凯利的歌 再做些面部吸吮 |
[18:15] | Oh, wow, is the evening over? | 哇 今晚结束了吗 |
[18:18] | Wait, wait, wait! | 等等 等等 |
[18:20] | That’s my mommy and daddy calling from India. | 这是我爸妈从印度打来的 |
[18:22] | I want you to meet my parents. | 我想让你见见他们 |
[18:23] | Wait. meet them? | 等等 见见他们 |
[18:26] | Hello, mommy, daddy. good to see you. | 嗨 爸妈 很高兴见到你们 |
[18:29] | How are you? I’m not drunk. | 你们怎么样 我没喝醉 |
[18:32] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[18:33] | Just making conversation. | 就是想找找话题 |
[18:36] | Mommy, daddy, I want you to meet my new squeeze, penny. | 爸妈 我想让你们见见我的新马子 佩妮 |
[18:39] | I’m not your squeeze. there is no squeezing. | 我不是你的马子 也没有什么骡子 |
[18:42] | I can’t see her. center her in the frame. | 我看不到她 把她放到摄像头里 |
[18:44] | Here you go. cute, huh? | 好了 可爱吧 |
[18:47] | She’s not indian. | 她不是印度人 |
[18:49] | So she’s not indian. the boy is just sowing some wild oats. | 不是又怎么了 儿子只是在播种种子而已 |
[18:52] | No, no, no, | 不对 不对 |
[18:53] | There’s no sowing, no squeezing and no sucking face. | 没有什么播种 马子还有面部吸吮 |
[18:57] | What if he gets her pregnant? | 他要是把她肚子搞大了呢 |
[18:59] | Is this little hotsy-totsy who you want as the mother of your grandchildren? | 你想让这个小可爱 当你孙子孙女们的妈妈吗 |
[19:02] | What right do you have to pick with whom I can have children with? | 你有什么权利 挑选谁和我生孩子 |
[19:05] | Look, rajesh, I understand you’re in america. | 好吧 拉杰 我知道你身在美国 |
[19:07] | You want to try the “local cuisine.” | 你想试试”当地的佳肴” |
[19:10] | Trust me. you don’t want it for a steady diet. | 相信我 你可不想顿顿吃 |
[19:14] | Now you listen to me. | 现在听我说 |
[19:16] | I am no longer a child | 我不是小孩了 |
[19:17] | And I will not be spoken to like one. | 你们不应该这么跟我说话 |
[19:19] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go throw up. | 先失陪一下 我要去吐了 |
[19:24] | What’s wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[19:25] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[19:27] | Maybe it’s the local cuisine. | 可能是当地佳肴的缘故 |
[19:34] | Okay, well, it’s nice to meet you. | 好吧 很高兴见到你们 |
[19:38] | I’m just gonna set you on down over here. | 我这就把你们放到这边 |
[19:40] | And I’m gonna leave, so namaste. | 我要走了 合十礼 |
[19:46] | And fyi, you’d be lucky to have me as a daughter-in-law. | 还有就是 有我做儿媳 你们应该感到幸运 |
[19:52] | She is fusty. I like that. | 她很传统 我喜欢 |
[20:07] | Raj, what are you doing? | 拉杰 你在干什么 |
[20:13] | No, no notes. | 不行 纸条不行 |
[20:14] | If you have something to say to me, say it. | 有什么要说的 当我面说 |
[20:31] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:33] | Oh, sweetie, it’s okay. | 没关系的 小可怜 |