时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Wo de zing shi sheldon. | 我的姓是谢尔顿 |
[00:05] | Non, c’est… | 不 应该是 |
[00:06] | Wo de ming zi shi sheldon. | 我的名字是谢尔顿 |
[00:10] | Wo de ming zi shi sheldon. | 我的名字是谢尔顿 |
[00:14] | What’s this? | 这算什么? |
[00:17] | That’s what you did. | 你不是这么做的嘛 |
[00:19] | I assumed, as in a number of languages, | 我以为在某些语言里 |
[00:20] | That the gesture was part of the phrase. | 手势也是短语的一部分 |
[00:23] | Well, it’s not. | 不是 |
[00:25] | How am I supposed to know that? as the teacher, it’s your obligation | 我又怎么知道? 作为老师 你有义务 |
[00:28] | To separate your personal idiosyncrasies from the subject matter. | 把个人习惯从教学过程中排除 |
[00:32] | You know, I’m really glad you decided to learn mandarin. | 你知道 我真的很高兴你决定学习普通话 |
[00:34] | -why? -once you’re fluent, | -为什么? -一旦你学得溜了 |
[00:36] | You’ll have a billion more people to annoy instead of me. | 你就又多了十几亿的人去烦 而不是来烦我 |
[00:41] | Mei du lui zi. | 梅毒驴子 |
[00:44] | You just called leonard a syphilitic donkey. | 你刚才叫里奥纳德是个得了梅毒的驴子 |
[00:48] | My apologies, | 向你道歉 |
[00:49] | I’m only as good as my teacher. | 我的水平只是和老师一样好 |
[00:53] | Why are you learning chinese? | 你为什么要学中文? |
[00:54] | I believe the szechuan palace has been passing off | 我认为四川菜馆故意用 |
[00:57] | Orange chicken as tangerine chicken and I intend to confront them. | 香橙鸡丁来假冒陈皮鸡丁 所以我要去对峙 |
[01:02] | If I were you, I’d be more concerned | 如果我是你 我会更关心 |
[01:03] | About what they are passing off as chicken. | 他们是拿什么假冒了鸡丁 |
[01:08] | -i need to use your window. -sure, go ahead. | -我要用一下你们的窗户 -随意 |
[01:13] | Hey, jerk face, you forgot your ipod! | 不要脸的 你落了ipod |
[01:18] | -what’s going on? -i’ll tell you what’s going on. | -怎么了这是 -我来告诉你这是怎么了 |
[01:20] | That stupid self-centered bastar wrote about our sex life in his blog. | 那自恋的蠢蛋把我们的性生活写进了博客里 |
[01:27] | Drop dead, you stupid self-centered bastard! | 去死吧 你个自恋的蠢蛋! |
[01:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:36] | Okay, where were we? | 好吧 我们讲到哪儿了 |
[01:38] | Not now, I have a blog to find. | 别急 我要先搜索一个博客 |
[02:12] | Penny, are you okay? | 潘妮 你还好吧 |
[02:14] | I’m fine, leonard. just go away! | 我很好 里奥纳德 你走吧 |
[02:17] | I understand that breaking up with someone can be very painful… | 我知道分手会让人很难过… |
[02:20] | -go away! -okay, feel better! bye! | -给我走! -好吧 开心点 再见 |
[02:29] | She doesn’t want to talk. | 她不想说话 |
[02:32] | Not surprising. penny’s emotional response is originated | 没什么惊讶的 潘妮的情感来自于 |
[02:34] | In the primitive portion of the brain, known as the amygdala. | 最原始的脑部 也就是扁桃形结构 |
[02:37] | While speech is centered in the | 然而话语功能处于最后发育的 |
[02:39] | Much more recently developed neo-cortex. | 新大脑皮质中心位置 |
[02:40] | The former can easily overpower the latter, | 前者可以轻易统治后者 |
[02:42] | Giving scientific credence to | 科学已经证实这就是 |
[02:44] | The notion of being “rendered speechless.” | “无话可说”的概念 |
[02:52] | Or maybe she just doesn’t want to talk. | 或者她就是不想说话 |
[02:57] | Look, I found an ipod! | 看 我捡到了一个ipod |
[03:02] | It’s smashed beyond repair. what are you gonna do with it? | 都摔得不成样子了 你打算怎么处理 |
[03:06] | What else? sell it on ebay as “slightly used.” | 还能怎么办 贴个”九成新”的标签上eBay卖了 |
[03:10] | It was penny’s boyfriend’s, they broke up. | 是潘妮男朋友的 他们分手了 |
[03:12] | Apparently, he posted intimate details of their physical relationship | 很显然 他把他们私人生活的细节放在了 |
[03:15] | On his blog which I cannot find anywhere. | 他的博客上 可我却怎么都找不到 |
[03:20] | I’m gonna go back and try talking to her again. | 我要回去再试着和她聊聊 |
[03:23] | Good idea, sit with her. | 好主意 坐在她身旁 |
[03:25] | Hold her, comfort her. | 抱着她 安慰她 |
[03:26] | And if the moment feels right, | 如果你觉得时机不错 |
[03:28] | See if you can cop a feel. | 看看可不可以趁虚而入 |
[03:32] | I’m not going to do that, howard. | 我才不会趁人之危 霍华德 |
[03:34] | I’m not aware of a new social | 我倒完全没意识到现在 |
[03:35] | Convention that requires you to intervene at all. | 有什么要求你进行干预和调解的社交习俗 |
[03:38] | What about damsel in distress? | 那么处在痛苦中的少女呢 |
[03:40] | Twelfth century code of chivalry? not exactly current. | 12世纪骑士的行为准则? 又不是现在 |
[03:44] | You’d also have to be knighted for that to apply. | 你还必须要先成为骑士才可以这么做 |
[03:47] | I don’t care. she’s upset, I’m going over there. | 我才不管 她很难过 我要过去 |
[03:50] | Remember to sit on your hands a bit, so they’re warm. | 记得在手上坐一会 让它们暖和一点 |
[03:54] | I’m her friend. | 我是她朋友 |
[03:55] | I’m not going to take advantage of her vulnerability. | 我不会在她正脆弱的时候去利用她 |
[03:58] | So you’re saying, if in the depths of despair, | 你的意思是 如果在绝望之极时 |
[04:01] | She throws herself at you and demands you take her, | 她主动向你投怀送抱 |
[04:03] | Right there, right now, you’ll just walk away? | 当时当下 你就头不回走人? |
[04:07] | I said I’m her friend, not her gay friend. | 我说我是她朋友 又不是同志朋友 |
[04:14] | Listen, I know you said you didn’t want to talk… | 听着 我知道你不想说话… |
[04:17] | -i don’t. -sorry. | -我不想 -对不起 |
[04:19] | -wait! -wait? did you say “wait”? | -等等 -等等? 你说”等等”? |
[04:23] | Tell me the truth. | 跟我说实话 |
[04:25] | Am I just an idiot who picks giant losers? | 我是不是那种整天跟大混蛋在一起的傻瓜 |
[04:31] | So I pick good guys but turn them into losers. | 那么我就是跟好人在一起 然后把他们都变成了混蛋 |
[04:33] | of course not. | 当然不是 |
[04:35] | It’s gotta be one or the other. which is it? | 非此即彼 到底是哪个 |
[04:43] | I’m sorry, what were the choices again? | 抱歉 是哪两个选项来着? |
[04:46] | I really thought mike was different. | 我真的以为麦克与众不同 |
[04:48] | I thought he was… | 我以为他… |
[04:50] | Sensitive and smart, | 体贴 又聪明 |
[04:52] | I mean, not you smart, normal non-freaky smart. | 我不是指你那种聪明 是普通不吓人的那种 |
[04:55] | Yeah, no, sure. | 是 是 当然 |
[04:56] | And then he just goes and has to humiliate me | 现在他跑过来羞辱我 |
[04:59] | By writing about me on his blog so the entire world can read it. | 在博客上写些关于我的东西让全世界的人来看 |
[05:03] | I tell you, it’s not all that easy to find. | 跟你说吧 那博客不容易被找到的 |
[05:05] | Really? my friends at work found it, my sister found it. | 真的? 跟我要好的同事看到了 我姐姐看到了 |
[05:09] | Judging by my email, a number of prisoners | 从电子邮件来看 一些在密歇根州 |
[05:11] | At the michigan state penitentiary found it. | 监狱里的牢犯也看到了 |
[05:14] | What exactly did this guy write? | 那家伙究竟写了什么 |
[05:16] | Not that I need to know the details of your sex life. I just thought… | 我不是说想知道你性生活的细节 只是想… |
[05:20] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[05:22] | No, you know what? | 不用 |
[05:24] | You might as well read it. everybody else has. go ahead. | 你可以去看 所有人都看了 去吧 |
[05:28] | Oh, god, I just feel so betrayed and embarrassed! | 上帝 我感觉被如此地出卖和羞辱 |
[05:31] | I just want to crawl into a hole and die! | 只想钻进洞里然后死去 |
[05:38] | Okay. well, you know, this isn’t that bad. | 你看 这其实没那么糟糕 |
[05:40] | It just paints the picture | 只是描绘了一幅 |
[05:42] | Of a very affectionate woman, | 浓情蜜意的女人 |
[05:44] | Who’s open to expressing her affection | 在非传统地点场合 |
[05:47] | In non-traditional locales. | 开放地表达她的情感 |
[05:49] | Oh, god! | 天啊 |
[05:51] | Elevators, parks, | 电梯里 公园里 |
[05:54] | Movie theaters. | 电影院里 |
[05:57] | Out of curiosity, | 好奇问一下 |
[05:59] | Is this “subway” the transportation system | 这里的”地铁”是指交通运输系统 |
[06:01] | Or subway the sandwich shop? | 还是那个叫”地铁”的三明治店? |
[06:04] | Sandwich shop. | 三明治店 |
[06:07] | Doesn’t that violate the health code? | 这是不是违反了卫生许可啊 |
[06:10] | No, at the sub shop we were only making out. | 没有 在那里我们只是亲热了一下 |
[06:14] | But my point is that | 我是想说 |
[06:16] | You have absolutely no reason to be embarrassed. | 你完全没有理由觉得尴尬啊 |
[06:20] | Really? do you think I overreacted? | 真的吗? 你是不是认为我反应太过了? |
[06:22] | -maybe a little. -because I do that. I do overreact. | -可能有一点 -我确实经常这样 我是个容易过激的人 |
[06:25] | Maybe I should call mike and apologize. | 也许我应该打电话跟麦克道歉 |
[06:28] | That would be under-reacting. | 你这样反应就变成太不过了 |
[06:31] | He did break the implied confidentiality of the bedroom. | 他确实把卧室里的隐私都暗示出来了 |
[06:35] | And in your case, the elevator, parks and fast food franchise. | 在你的橱里 电梯 公园 还有在快餐店 |
[06:40] | You’re right. I should just say “i am done with him.” | 你说得对 我就应该说”我跟他玩完了” |
[06:43] | Yes, you should. go ahead, say it. | 对 你就该这么说 说吧 |
[06:45] | But I never gave the man a chance to explain. | 但是我还没有给这个男人解释的机会 |
[06:48] | What is there to explain? | 有什么好解释的 |
[06:50] | It’s all right here. | 都写在这里了 |
[06:51] | The betrayal! | 出卖啊! |
[06:53] | No, you were right the first time. | 不 你一开始是对的 |
[06:56] | This is a man who loves me, but in his own stupid way, | 这个男人只是用他自己那种很傻的办法爱着我 |
[06:59] | Which is trying to sw w people how he feels. | 只是在向世人宣告他的感受 |
[07:03] | I’m pretty sure I never said that. | 我很肯定我没这么说 |
[07:07] | No, you did better than that. | 是 你做得更了不起 |
[07:08] | You helped me see it on my own. | 你让我自己发现了这个事实 |
[07:10] | Oh, good for me. | 我真棒啊 |
[07:13] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[07:14] | I’m going over to mike’s. | 我去麦克那儿 |
[07:16] | Leonard, thank you so much. | 里奥纳德 太感谢你了 |
[07:17] | Oh, sure. | 没事 |
[07:24] | Huh, maybe I am her gay friend. | 也许我真是她的同性恋朋友 |
[07:34] | Howard, I’m going to nd d another mandarin lesson. | 霍华德 我想我还需要继续上中文课 |
[07:36] | I obviously didn’t make | 很显然 那些人还是 |
[07:38] | My point with those people. | 听不懂我在说什么 |
[07:41] | For god’s sake, sheldon, | 谢尔顿 看在老天的份上 |
[07:42] | If you don’t like the ngngerine chicken, | 如果你不喜欢陈皮鸡丁 |
[07:43] | Don’t order the tangerine chicken. | 就不要点陈皮鸡丁 |
[07:45] | I like tangerine chicken, | 我喜欢吃陈皮鸡丁 |
[07:46] | I’m just not getting tangerine chicken. | 只是他们给我的压根不是陈皮鸡丁 |
[07:50] | Can we please change the subject? | 能不能聊点别的? |
[07:52] | Sure. | 当然 |
[07:53] | Ll us again how you screwed up | 我们聊聊你是怎么 |
[07:54] | And got penny back together witherer old boyfriend. | 让潘妮回到她前男友身边的吧 |
[07:58] | Just roll the dice. | 扔你的骰子 |
[08:03] | “enslaved by warlocks. | “被魔术师俘虏 |
[08:05] | Stay here until you roll two, four or six.” | 只有掷出二 四 六才可以离开” |
[08:07] | She was mad at him! | 她本来在生他的气的! |
[08:10] | She was done with him! | 她本来跟他玩完了! |
[08:11] | E e relationship was broken beyond repair, | 这段感情已经是不可能挽回的了 |
[08:12] | And I walked over there, and I fixed it. | 而我跑过去 让他们和好了 |
[08:17] | Boy, that story gets better every time you hear .. | 天啊 这个故事真是越听越精彩… |
[08:21] | Actually, I thought the first two renditions | 实际上 我觉得前两个版本 |
[08:22] | Were far more compelling. | 要吸引人得多 |
[08:24] | Previously, I felt sympathy for the leonard character, | 之前 我对那个叫里奥纳德的角色是报以同情 |
[08:26] | Now I just find him to be whiny and annoying. | 现在我只是觉得他很怨妇 |
[08:31] | Eat your tangerine chicken. | 吃你的陈皮鸡丁去 |
[08:33] | I’d love to, but I don’ have tangerine chicken. | 我也想吃啊 可我这根本不是陈皮鸡丁 |
[08:38] | Thank you so much for your stupid advice! | 非常感谢你愚蠢的建议! |
[08:47] | Incredible. | 不可思议 |
[08:49] | You managed to screw up the screw-up. | 你把搞砸的事情又搞砸了 |
[08:58] | I’m back. | 我又来了 |
[09:00] | I’m sorry I yelled at you. | 对不起 刚才我吼你了 |
[09:02] | It’s not your fault. | 又不是你的错 |
[09:04] | What happened? | 怎么啦 |
[09:05] | Well, I went over to mike’s to make up with him. | 我去麦克那想跟他和好 |
[09:08] | Yeah. no, I know that part. | 是 不用说 我知道这部分 |
[09:11] | But he had already moved on. | 但他已经有新欢了 |
[09:13] | Already? that was quick. | 已经? 好快啊 |
[09:15] | That’s what I said to the woman | 我就是这么对 |
[09:16] | Who had her legs wrapped around his neck! | 那个把脚缠在他脖子上的女人说的 |
[09:22] | Oh, penny, I am so sorry. | 潘妮 我也很难过 |
[09:24] | How could he do that?! | 他怎么能这样?! |
[09:27] | Well, you know, you did throw an 80-gig ipod… | 你要知道 你把他80G的IPOD给了… |
[09:30] | Yeah, no, how could he do that? | 对呀 他怎么能这样对你 |
[09:33] | I swear to god I am done with guys like that. | 我发誓我再也不跟这样的男人交往了 |
[09:36] | You know, macho with the perfect body and the hair and the money. | 那种身材好 发型帅 有钱的男人 |
[09:40] | Yeah, that must get old quick. | 是 他们肯定老得很快 |
[09:43] | You know, just once | 你知道吗 这一次 |
[09:45] | I would like to go out with someone | 我真的想和一个 |
[09:47] | Who is nice and honest and who actually cares about me. | 善良诚实 真正关心我的人约会 |
[09:53] | What about me? | 我怎么样? |
[09:55] | What about you what? | 你什么怎么样? |
[09:59] | What about if you went out with me? | 你和我约会怎么样? |
[10:05] | Are you asking me out? | 你是在约我出去? |
[10:07] | Um, yes, I am… | 是 我是 |
[10:10] | Asking you out. | 在约你出去 |
[10:15] | I was just going off your comment about the nice guy… | 我只是顺着你的话在说… |
[10:18] | No, I know, I got that. you know, and honest. | -我明白 -诚实啊什么的 |
[10:18] | Yeah, totally. | 对啊 |
[10:20] | So, but… it’s no big deal. | …没有什么的 |
[10:21] | Yes. | 好 |
[10:24] | Yes what? | 好什么? |
[10:26] | Yes, I will go out with you. | 好 我愿意和你去约会 |
[10:32] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[10:35] | Yeah. | 是 |
[10:36] | Why not? | 有什么不可以的 |
[10:37] | I mean, what do I have to lose? | 我已经倾尽所有了 |
[10:40] | Yeah. | 确实 |
[10:43] | That’s the spirit. | 就该这样想 |
[10:50] | Show me your citrus peels. | 给我看你们的陈皮 |
[10:52] | Gay wo k n ni de jud zi pee. | 给我看你们的陈皮 |
[10:57] | Show me your citrus peels. | 给我看你们的陈皮 |
[10:59] | Gay wo kan ni de jud zi pee. | 给我看你们的陈皮 |
[11:02] | Show me your… sheldon? | -给我看你们的 -谢尔顿? |
[11:03] | Ai yah!xia si wo le | 哎呀 吓死我了 |
[11:07] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:09] | Look, do you have a second? | 你有时间吗(second还有次等的意思) |
[11:11] | A second what, pair of underwear? | 次等的什么 内衣? |
[11:14] | I was just wondering if I could talk to you. | 我是在问你是否有空和我聊聊 |
[11:16] | It’s about leonard. | 是关于里奥纳德 |
[11:17] | Why me? | 为什么和我聊 |
[11:19] | Why not koothrappali or wolowitz? | 为什么不和库萨帕里或者沃尔维茨聊 |
[11:21] | Well, raj can’t talk to me unless he’s drunk, | 拉杰不能和我说话 除非他喝醉了 |
[11:24] | And wolowitz is, you know, disgusting. | 而沃尔维茨 你知道的 他令人恶心 |
[11:28] | Yes, I suppose he is | 是的 我也这么认为 |
[11:31] | All I’m saying is, you know leordrd the best. | 我想说的是 你最了解里奥纳德了 |
[11:34] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[11:35] | I’m often surprised | 我常会惊讶于 |
[11:36] | By my lack of familiarity with leonard. | 自己对里奥纳德了解的匮乏 |
[11:38] | Just the other day I discovered | 前几天我发现 |
[11:40] | He not only has a loofah, | 他不仅有丝瓜络 |
[11:41] | He hides it. | 而且还藏起来 |
[11:43] | Why do you suppose a man would be ashamed of having a loofah? | 你说为什么一个男人会为使用丝瓜络而感到羞耻 |
[11:46] | I, myself, prefer to have my excess epithelial cells | 我个人来说 更乐于让自己的上皮细胞 |
[11:49] | Slough off naturally, but I d’t condemn | 自然脱落 但是我也不责备 |
[11:51] | Those who seek to accelerate the process. | 那些试图加速这个过程的人 |
[11:54] | …and until recently I had no idea | …而且直到最近我才知道 |
[11:56] | That despite his lactose intolerance, | 尽管他对乳糖过敏 |
[11:58] | He can tolerate small amounts of non-fat ice cream | 但他吃少量不含脂的冰淇淋 |
[12:01] | Without producing a noxious gas that I maintain, | 却不会产生在我看来 |
[12:03] | In the right concentration, could be weaponize | 如果适当浓缩 可以成为生化武器的有毒气体 |
[12:08] | Leonard might come home. | 里奥纳德可能会回来 |
[12:09] | Can we talk in my apartment? | 能去我屋里聊吗 |
[12:10] | We’re not done? | 我们还没聊完? |
[12:14] | No. | 没有 |
[12:15] | Eh, why not? | 那好吧 |
[12:16] | We’re already through the looking glass anyway. | 反正我们已经穿过镜子了(源于”爱丽丝镜中奇遇记”) |
[12:22] | Okay, so here’s the thing… | 好 事情是这样的 |
[12:25] | I guess you’re aware that leonard asked me out. | 我想你已经知道 里奥纳德向我开口了 |
[12:28] | Well, he didn’t actually say anything, | 他虽然事实上什么都没有说 |
[12:30] | But when he came back to the apartment | 但他回到房间后 |
[12:32] | He was doing a dance that brought to mind | 跳起了一支让人能联想起 |
[12:34] | The happy hippos in fantasia. | 幻想曲里那只开心河马的舞蹈 |
[12:37] | Oh, that’s nice. | 他真好 |
[12:39] | Anyhow, the thing I wanted to talk to you about | 无论如何 我想和你说的是 |
[12:41] | Is, you know, since leonard and I have become friends… | 你知道 自从我和里奥纳德成为朋友以来… |
[12:43] | I was just… | 我只是… |
[12:45] | You want to sit down? | 你要坐下来吗 |
[12:46] | Oh, I wish it were that simple. | 能那样简单就好了 |
[12:51] | See, I don’t spend much time here, | 我没在这里待过多久 |
[12:52] | And so I’ve never really chosen a place to sit. | 所以我还从来没有选过一个地方来坐 |
[12:55] | Well, choose. | 那选吧 |
[12:56] | There are a number of options, and… | 这里有许许多多的选择 而且… |
[13:00] | I’m really not familiar enough with the cushion densities, | 我真的不够熟悉座垫的密度 |
[13:02] | Air flow patterns and dispersion of sunlight | 气流模式和阳光的散射 |
[13:05] | To make an informed choice. | 来以便做出一个理性的选择 |
[13:07] | All right.why don’t you just pick one at random | 好吧 那你就任意选一处坐 |
[13:09] | And if you don’t like it you can sit somewhere else next time. | 如果你不喜欢 下次来再换一个地方 |
[13:11] | No, no. that’s crazy. | 不 不 那样太疯狂了 |
[13:14] | You go ahead and talk while I figure it out. | 你继续说 我一边听一边找 |
[13:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:21] | Um, here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[13:22] | So I’ve known for a while now | 我已经知道 |
[13:24] | That leonard has had | 里奥纳德他有点 |
[13:25] | A little crush on me… | 喜欢我… |
[13:27] | A little crush? | 有点喜欢? |
[13:29] | Well, I suppose so–in the same way menelaus | 我想是的…就像斯巴达王墨涅劳斯 |
[13:32] | Had a “little crush” on helen of troy. | 有点喜欢特洛伊的海伦一样 |
[13:36] | All right, yeah, I don’t really know who they are, but… | 好吧 我不知道这些人是谁 但… |
[13:37] | Well, menelaus was the brother of agamemnon… | 墨涅劳斯是阿迦门农的兄弟… |
[13:39] | I don’t care. I don’t care. listen. | 不用了 不用了 听着 |
[13:41] | The point is, | 我要说的是 |
[13:42] | Leonard isn’t the kind of guy I usually go out with. | 里奥纳德不是那种经常会和我约会的人 |
[13:46] | Leonard isn’t the kind of guy anyone usually goes out with. | 里奥纳德不是那种经常会和任何人约会的人 |
[13:50] | Would you be open to rotating the couch clockwise 30 degrees? | 你是否介意把沙发顺时针旋转30度 |
[13:53] | No. what I’m saying is | 不行 我想说的是 |
[13:55] | Leonard might be different in a good way. | 里奥纳德与其他人不同可能是件好事 |
[13:58] | Obviously, my usual choices have not worked out so well. | 很明显 我平时的选择都不怎么的好 |
[14:01] | Your last one worked out well for koothrappali. | 你上一个对库萨帕里来说很好 |
[14:03] | He got a free ipod. | 他得到了一个免费的ipod |
[14:07] | Oh, glare. | 刺眼 |
[14:10] | On the other hand, if things don’t go well with leonard, | 但换个角度来说 如果和里奥纳德进展不顺利 |
[14:12] | I risk losing a really good friend. | 我可能会失去一个很好的朋友 |
[14:14] | I mean, I’m guessing he’s not looking for a fling. | 我意思是 他不会是一时放纵的人 |
[14:16] | He’s the kind of guy that gets into a relationship | 他是那种陷入一段感情后会持续 |
[14:18] | For, I don’t know, like you would say, light years. | 我不知道 可能你会说 光年 |
[14:20] | I would not say that. | 我不会那么说 |
[14:22] | No one | 没有人 |
[14:23] | Would say that. | 会那么说 |
[14:23] | A light year is a unit of distance not time. | 光年是一个距离单位而不是一个时间单位 |
[14:26] | Thank you for the clarification. | 谢谢你的说明 |
[14:36] | Draft. | 换 |
[14:38] | See, people hear the word “year” | 人们听到年这个词的时候 |
[14:40] | And they think duration. | 他们想到的是持续的一段时间 |
[14:41] | “foot-pound” has the same problem– | “尺磅”也有这样的问题… |
[14:43] | That’s a unit of work, not of weight. | 它是一个能量单位 而不是一个重量单位 |
[14:45] | Right. thanks. | 没错 谢谢 |
[14:46] | It’s common mistake. | 这是常识性错误 |
[14:47] | Not the first one I’ve made today. | 这不是我今天犯的第一个错了 |
[14:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:52] | I think this will be my seat. | 我觉得这就是我的座位了 |
[14:55] | Sheldon, do you have anything to say | 谢尔顿 你有什么可以说的吗 |
[14:57] | That has anything to do with, you know, | 任何内容 你知道 |
[14:58] | What I’m talking about? | 只要和我在说的有关的 |
[15:00] | Well, let’s see… | 好 让我想想 |
[15:03] | We might cononsider schrodinger’s cat. | 我们也许可以参考”薛定谔猫” |
[15:05] | Schrodinger? | 薛定谔 |
[15:07] | Is that the woman in 2a? | 是住2楼A座的那个女人吗 |
[15:08] | No, that’s mrs. grossinger. | 不 那位是格洛辛格女士 |
[15:10] | And she doesn’t have a cat, she has a mexican hairless. | 并且她不养猫 她养的是一只墨西哥无毛犬 |
[15:12] | Annoying little animal. yip, yip, yip, yip. | 超烦人的一种小动物 |
[15:13] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[15:16] | Sorry, you diverted me. | 对不起 你又让我跑题了 |
[15:17] | Anyway, in 1935, erwin schrodinger, | 在1935年 埃尔文·薛定谔 |
[15:21] | In an attempt to explain the copenhagen interpretation | 尝试去说明在量子物理学中的 |
[15:24] | Of quantum physics, | 哥本哈根解释 |
[15:25] | He proposed an experimen | 他做了个实验 |
[15:26] | Where a cat is placed in a box with a sealed vial of poison | 把一只猫和一小瓶密封好的毒药一起放在盒子里 |
[15:30] | That will break open at a random time. | 毒药瓶随时会破裂 |
[15:32] | Now, since no one knows when | 好 除非你打开盒子 |
[15:34] | Or if the poison has been released, | 不然没人知道毒药是否 |
[15:36] | Until the box is opened, | 或者是何时已经被释放了 |
[15:37] | The cat can be thought of as both alive and dead. | 因此我们认为猫或活或死都是可以的 |
[15:46] | I’m sorry. I don’t get the point. | 对不起 我没听明白 |
[15:48] | Wellofof course you don’t get it; I haven’t made it yet. | 你当然不会明白 我还没说呢 |
[15:53] | You’d have to be psychic to get it, | 你只有靠第六感才能明白了 |
[15:54] | And there’s no such thing as “psychic.” | 而事实是根本就没有”第六感”这个东西 |
[15:55] | Sheldon, what’s the point?! | 谢尔顿 你到底想说什么? |
[15:57] | Just like schrodinger’s cat, | 就好像”薛定谔猫” |
[15:59] | Your potential relationship with leonard right now | 现在你和里奥纳德潜在的可能 |
[16:01] | Can be thought of as both good and bad. | 既可以被认为是美好的也可以是不好的 |
[16:04] | It is only by opening the box | 只有当你打开盒子 |
[16:05] | That you’ll find out which it is. | 你才知道到底是哪一种 |
[16:08] | Okay, so you’re saying I should go out with leonard. | 明白了 你是说我应该先跟里奥纳德处处看 |
[16:11] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不 不不 |
[16:15] | Let me start again. | 我再说一遍吧 |
[16:16] | In 1935, erwin schrodinger… | 在1935年 埃尔文·薛定谔… |
[16:20] | Two seats right there. | 那儿有俩座 |
[16:24] | Chung shu shway? | 长寿石灰? |
[16:28] | Shay shay. | 谢谢 |
[16:34] | Sheldon, I think I’ve made a mistake. | 谢尔顿 我想我办错了件事 |
[16:36] | I can see that. | 我知道 |
[16:37] | Unless you’re planning on running a marathon, | 除非你是在备战马拉松 |
[16:39] | Choosing both stuffing and mashed potatoes | 不然填塞陷儿和土豆泥都要 |
[16:40] | Is a starch-filled redundancy. | 简直就是淀粉摄入过量 |
[16:43] | No, it’s about penny. | 不 是关于潘妮的 |
[16:45] | A mistake involving penny. | 关于潘妮的错误 |
[16:48] | Okay, you’ll have to narrow it down. | 好吧 我得缩小范围了 |
[16:51] | I don’t think I can go out with her tonight. | 我觉得今天晚上我不能跟她去约会 |
[16:53] | Then don’t. | 那就别去 |
[16:55] | Other pelele would say “why not?” | 别人一般会说”为什么不去” |
[16:57] | Other people might be interested. | 别人可能比较感兴趣 |
[17:01] | I’m going to talk anyway. | 反正我还是要说 |
[17:02] | I assumed you would. | 我猜你也是 |
[17:05] | Now that I’m actually about to go out with penny, | 现在我真的要和潘妮去约会了 |
[17:07] | I’m not excited–i’m nauseous. | 我反而并不激动 我反胃 |
[17:09] | Ah, then your meal choice is appropriate. | 那你的食物就是选对了 |
[17:11] | Starch absorbs fluid which reduces the amount of vomit | 淀粉能吸收对于呕吐起作用的 |
[17:14] | Available for violent expulsion. | 催吐物质 |
[17:17] | Right. you also made | -好吧 -你还犯了 |
[17:18] | A common grammatical mistake. | 一个文法上的错误 |
[17:20] | You said “nauseous,” when you meant “nauseated.” | 你说的是”反胃的” 其实你想说”让人作呕的” |
[17:23] | But go on. | 你接着说 |
[17:25] | Sheldon, this date is probably my one chance with penny. | 谢尔顿 这次约会很可能就是我唯一的机会 |
[17:28] | What happens if I blow it? | 我如果搞砸了怎么办? |
[17:30] | Well, if we accept your premise | 好 假设我们按你说的前提 |
[17:32] | And also accept the highly improbable assumption | 并且承认潘妮就是上帝安排给你的另一半 |
[17:35] | That penny is the only woman in the world for you, | 这个极不可能的假设 |
[17:37] | Then we can logically conclude that the result | 那我们从逻辑上可以得出的结论是 |
[17:39] | Of blowing it would be that you end up | 如果你搞砸这次约会 后果就是 |
[17:41] | A lonely, bitter old man with no progeny. | 你将会孤独 辛酸地终老 并且没有后代 |
[17:44] | The image of any number of evil lighthouse keepers | 我脑中突然浮现了史酷比动画片里 |
[17:46] | From scooby-doo cartoons comes to mind. | 一群邪恶的灯塔管理员的画面 |
[17:49] | You’re not helping. | 你这是在捣乱 |
[17:51] | All right, what respon on my part | 好吧 我怎么回答你 |
[17:53] | Would bring this conversation to a speedy conclusion? | 才能赶紧结束这个话题呢? |
[17:55] | Tell me whether or not to go through with the date. | 你就告诉我该不该去赴约 |
[17:58] | Scododinger’s cat. | 薛定谔猫 |
[18:00] | Wow,that’s brilliant. | 太聪明了 |
[18:03] | You sound surprised. | 你听起来很吃惊啊 |
[18:10] | Ho-tsu shway zai li-toe. | 猴子睡在里头 |
[18:27] | Hi. | 好啊 |
[18:28] | Hi. | 好 |
[18:29] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[18:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:33] | You look very nice. | 你真漂亮 |
[18:35] | Thank you. so do you. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[18:41] | I made an 8:00 reservation. | 我定了座位 8点 |
[18:42] | Okay, yeah, great. | 好啊 太好了 |
[18:44] | Listen, um… | 听着 |
[18:46] | Maybe we should talk first. | 也许我们应该先谈谈 |
[18:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:52] | But before you say anything, | 但是在你说之前 |
[18:53] | Have you ever heard of schrodinger’s cat? | 你听说过薛定谔猫吗 |
[18:58] | Actually, I’ve heard far too much about schrodinger’s cat. | 事实上 我听过太多薛定谔猫了 |
[19:03] | Good. | 好 |
[19:10] | All right, the cat’s alive. | 好啦 看来猫还是活的 |
[19:11] | L’s go to dinner. | 我们去吃饭吧 |
[19:20] | Bee ti tsai nar! bee ti! | 鼻涕在哪儿 鼻涕 |
[19:23] | Xing gan jing bi ti hou quai zoui. | 擤干净鼻涕 快走快走 |
[19:25] | Zhe bu shi lui ding jiao ta che! | 这不是柳丁脚踏车 |
[19:28] | Crazy man. call the police! | 简直是疯子 给我报警 |
[19:29] | Bu bie da gei tu shu guan. | 不必打给图书馆 |
[19:32] | Bee ti tsai nar! | 鼻涕在哪儿 |
[19:34] | Man niu zai wo chuang shang! | 蛮牛在我床上 |
[19:36] | Hen duo hen duo man niu! | 很多很多蛮牛 |
[19:39] | Ai yah! | 哎呀 |