时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Here’s the problem with teleportation. | 关于瞬间转移有一个问题 |
[00:12] | Lay it on me. | 折磨我吧 |
[00:14] | Assuming a device could be invented | 假设我们可以发明一个设备 |
[00:16] | Which would identify the quantum state of matter | 它能在某一地点 |
[00:18] | Of an individual in one location | 确定某一个体的量子结构 |
[00:20] | And transmit that pattern to a distant location for reassembly, | 并把其图像传送到另一地点再重新拼接到一起 |
[00:23] | You would not have actually transported the individual. | 你便用不着传送这个个体 |
[00:25] | You would have destroyed him in one location | 你就能在某一地点摧毁他 |
[00:28] | And recreated him in another. | 然后在另一地点重造他 |
[00:32] | How about that. | 真神奇啊 |
[00:34] | Personally, I would never use a transporter, | 就我个人来说 我永远都不会用传送器 |
[00:36] | Because the original sheldon would have to be | 因为原本的谢尔顿 |
[00:38] | Disintegrated in order to create a new sheldon. | 一定要被分解才能创造一个新的谢尔顿 |
[00:42] | Would the new sheldon be in any way | 新的谢尔顿在任一方面 |
[00:44] | An improvement on the old sheldon? | 会比旧的谢尔顿好吗 |
[00:47] | No, he would be exactly the same. | 不会 还是一模一样的 |
[00:50] | That is a problem. | 这就是个问题 |
[00:52] | So you see it too. | 你也看出问题来了吧 |
[00:54] | Dr. hofstadter. | 霍夫斯塔德博士 |
[00:55] | Dr. cooper. | 库珀博士 |
[00:56] | Dr. gablehauser. dr. gablehauser. | 盖博豪瑟博士 |
[00:58] | Gentlemen, I’d like you to meet dennis kim. | 先生们 允许我向你们介绍丹尼斯·金 |
[01:00] | Dennis is a highly sought-after doctoral candidate, | 丹尼斯可是非常吃香的准博士 |
[01:04] | And we’re hopingto have him do his graduate work here. | 我们希望他能在这里完成他的研究生论文 |
[01:06] | Graduate work. very impressive. | 研究生论文 非常不错啊 |
[01:07] | And he’s only 15 years old. | 而他只有15岁而已 |
[01:09] | Not bad– i, myself, started graduate school at 14. | 不错嘛 我14岁就开始我的研究生学业 |
[01:13] | Well, I lost a year while my family | 我浪费了一年 因为我和家人 |
[01:15] | Was tunneling out of north korea. | 从地道逃出朝鲜花了一年时间 |
[01:19] | Advantage Kim. | 金发球占先(网球术语) |
[01:22] | I thought maybe you boys | 我想你们能 |
[01:23] | Could show dennis around. | 带丹尼斯到处转转 |
[01:25] | Let him see why we’re | 让他看看为什么这里会是 |
[01:26] | The best physics research facility in the country. | 全国最好的物理研究所 |
[01:28] | I already know you’re not. | 我已经知道你们不是了 |
[01:29] | You don’t have an open science grid computer | 你们没有OSG联盟的计算机 |
[01:31] | Or a free electron laser, and the string theory research | 或是自由电子激光器 并且这里的 |
[01:34] | Being done here is nothing but a dead end. | 弦理论研究也已经是强弩之末 |
[01:36] | Excuse me, that is my research, | 不好意思 那正是我的研究项目 |
[01:37] | And it is by no means a dead end. | 从任何角度来说都还不是强弩之末 |
[01:39] | Well, obviously you don’t see it yet, | 很明显你现在还没发现 |
[01:41] | But trust me, you will. | 不过相信我 有一天你会的 |
[01:45] | Dennis, we’ve discussed this. | 丹尼斯 我们已经讨论过这些了 |
[01:47] | We’re in the process of updating our equipment, | 我们正在更新我们的设备 |
[01:50] | And we welcome your input on our research goals, | 我们欢迎你加入我们一起研究 |
[01:52] | And we’ve agreed to look the other way if you want | 并且我们已经同意说即使你想 |
[01:54] | To use up to 20% of the grant money you attract | 花20%你吸引来的助学金 |
[01:56] | To smuggle your grandfather out of pyongyang. | 把你的爷爷从平壤偷渡过来 |
[02:00] | We want him here, boys. | 我们要留下他 孩子们 |
[02:02] | Make it happen. | 看你们了 |
[02:03] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[02:04] | You can count on us. | 你尽管放心 |
[02:05] | We’re on it. | 看我们的 |
[02:06] | What the hell do you mean, “dead end”? | 你说”强弩之末”到底是什么意思? |
[02:08] | I mean, the whole landscape of false vacuums | 我的意思是 虚真空上的全部地表 |
[02:11] | In string theory could be as large as ten | 在弦理论里相当于 |
[02:12] | To the five hundredth power. | 其10到500次幂的大小 |
[02:14] | In addition– ooh, look, chocolate milk. | 再说 看 巧克力奶 |
[02:20] | I sense a disturbance in the force. | 我有了不祥的预感 |
[02:23] | A bad feeling I have about this. | 我感到很不妙啊 |
[02:52] | So, dennis, how long have you been in america? | 丹尼斯 你来美国多长时间了? |
[02:53] | A year and a half. | 一年半了 |
[02:54] | No kidding. | 真的啊 |
[02:55] | You speak english really well. | 你英文说得很好啊 |
[02:56] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[02:59] | Except for your tendency to end | 就是你好像老喜欢 |
[03:00] | Sentences with prepositions. | 把介词放在句尾 |
[03:03] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么在? |
[03:07] | That. | 例如这句 |
[03:09] | He’s not wrong. | 他没说错 |
[03:11] | All right… | 好吧 |
[03:13] | And this is my office. | 这就是我的办公室 |
[03:14] | Is this part of the tour? | 这是参观的一部分吗 |
[03:15] | Nope. good-bye. | 不是 再见 |
[03:17] | Come on, sheldon, we’ve hardly shown him anything. | 别这样 谢尔顿 我们还没带他看过什么地方呢 |
[03:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:21] | This is my desk. | 这是我的书桌 |
[03:22] | These are my books; this is my door. | 这些是我的书 这是我的门 |
[03:25] | Please close it behind you. good-bye. | 出去请随手关门 再见 |
[03:28] | Looks like you’re doing work | 看来你在做关于 |
[03:30] | In quantum loop corrections. | 量子循环的修正 |
[03:31] | Keen observation. | 观察力很敏锐 |
[03:32] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[03:34] | You see where you went wrong, don’t you? | 你知道你是哪儿错了 是吧 |
[03:36] | Leonard? | 里奥纳德 |
[03:38] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[03:40] | Get him out. | 带他出去 |
[03:42] | Come on, dennis. | 走吧 丹尼斯 |
[03:42] | I’ll show you the recreation center. | 我带你去娱乐室 |
[03:44] | They’ve got nautilus equipment. | 那里有些健身器材 |
[03:45] | Do I look like I lift weights? | 你看我像练举重的人吗 |
[03:48] | Not heavy ones. | 举不了很重吧 |
[03:50] | It’s startling to me you haven’t considered | 令我吃惊的是你竟然没考虑 |
[03:52] | A lorentz invariant or field theory approach. | 洛伦兹不变量和场论步骤 |
[03:55] | You think I haven’t considered it? | 你认为我没考虑吗 |
[03:57] | You really think I haven’t considered it? | 你真的认为我没考虑过吗 |
[03:59] | Have you considered it? | 你考虑到了吗 |
[04:02] | Get him out, leonard. | 带他出去 里奥纳德 |
[04:03] | Come on, dennis. | 走吧 丹尼斯 |
[04:04] | I’ll show you the radiation lab. | 我带你参观辐射研究室 |
[04:07] | Wow, you won the stevenson award? | 哇 你赢了史蒂文森奖? |
[04:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:11] | In fact, I am the youngest person ever to win it. | 事实上 我是历史上年纪最小的获奖人 |
[04:14] | Really? how old? | 真的吗 几岁? |
[04:16] | Fourteen and a half. | 14岁半 |
[04:18] | Hm, you were the youngest person ever to win it. | 那你”曾是”历史上年纪最小的获奖人 |
[04:24] | It’s like looking into an obnoxious | 是不是感觉像看着一面 |
[04:25] | Little mirror, isn’t it? | 另人讨厌的镜子? |
[04:31] | This is really delicious, isn’t it? | 这个真的很好吃吧 |
[04:37] | Still can’t talk to me unless you’re drunk, huh? | 仍旧只有醉了的时候才能跟我说话 是吧 |
[04:42] | Oh, sweetie, you are so damaged. | 亲爱的 你被伤害得太深了 |
[04:47] | Hey, I’m damaged, too. | 我也被伤害了 |
[04:50] | How about a hug for howie? | 给霍华德一个拥抱怎样? |
[04:52] | Sure. raj, hug howard. | 当然可以 拉杰 抱抱霍华德 |
[04:59] | Something you’d like to share? | 有什么事要和大家分享吗 |
[05:02] | A tale of woe, perhaps? | 可能是 一个悲情故事? |
[05:05] | Fifteen years old. | 15岁 |
[05:07] | Dennis Kim’s 15 years old, and he’s already correcting my work. | 丹尼斯·金才15岁就已经能纠正我的研究成果了 |
[05:11] | Today, I went from being wolfgang amadeus mozart, to… | 今天 我从沃尔夫冈·阿玛多伊斯·莫扎特变成了… |
[05:14] | You know, that other guy. | 你知道 另一个人 |
[05:16] | Antonio salieri? | 安东尼奥·萨利埃雷?(想除掉莫扎特的人) |
[05:18] | Oh god, now even you’re smarter than me. | 天呐 现在就连你也比我聪明了 |
[05:22] | You know, sheldon, you don’t have | 谢尔顿 你要知道 |
[05:23] | So many friends that you can afford | 你并没有那么多朋友 |
[05:24] | To start insulting them. | 可以留给你来侮辱 |
[05:27] | Just eat, sheldon, you’ll feel better. | 吃饭吧 谢尔顿 你会感觉好点的 |
[05:29] | Why waste food? | 还浪费食物干吗 |
[05:31] | In texas, when a cow goes dry, | 在德州 如果一只奶牛没奶了 |
[05:32] | They don’t keep feeding it, they just take her out | 他们就不继续喂它了 他们会把它带出去 |
[05:34] | And shoot her between the eyes. | 对准脑门来一枪 |
[05:37] | I’m confused. | 我糊涂了 |
[05:38] | Did sheldon stop giving milk? | 谢尔顿没奶了? |
[05:42] | You can’t let this kid get to you. | 你不能被这么个小孩给惹毛啊 |
[05:44] | You always knew that someday someone would come along | 你一直都知道有一天会出现个人 |
[05:46] | Who was younger and smarter. | 既比你年轻又比你聪明 |
[05:47] | Yes, but I assumed I would’ve been dead | 没错 但我设想的是在我死了 |
[05:49] | Hundreds of years and that there’d be | 几百年后 并且他的名字旁边 |
[05:51] | An asterisk by his name because he’d be a cyborg. | 会有个星号 因为他是个半机械人 |
[05:55] | So you’ve got a little competition. | 这么说你现在有了个小小的竞争对手 |
[05:56] | I really don’t see what the big deal is. | 我真不明白这有什么严重的 |
[05:58] | Well, of course you don’t. | 你当然不明白 |
[05:59] | You’ve never excelled at anything. | 你从来没有成为顶尖过 |
[06:04] | I don’t understand– exactly how | 我不明白 最开始 |
[06:05] | Did he get any friends in the first place? | 他怎么会交到任何朋友的? |
[06:08] | We liked leonard. | 因为我们喜欢里奥纳德 |
[06:12] | Well, what are you gonna do, sheldon, just give up? | 你现在想怎么样 谢尔顿 放弃吗 |
[06:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:16] | It’s what a rational person does | 当他花了一辈子所完成的成果 |
[06:17] | When his entire life’s work is invalidated | 被一个刚过青春期的亚洲神童否决时 |
[06:19] | By a postpubescent asian wunderkind. | 任何理性的人都会这么做 |
[06:23] | He ceases his fruitless efforts, | 他停止他徒劳的努力 |
[06:25] | He donates his body to scientific research, | 他捐献他的身体给科学研究 |
[06:27] | And he waits to die. | 现在他等待死亡 |
[06:31] | You know, I’m confused again. | 我现在又糊涂了 |
[06:32] | Is he waiting, or do we get | 是他要等死呢 还是我们可以 |
[06:34] | To shoot him between the eyes? | 对准他脑门来一枪? |
[06:41] | I’ve decided you’re right. | 我决定了 你说的对 |
[06:42] | My career is not over. | 我的事业还没有完结 |
[06:44] | Great! | 好极了! |
[06:45] | But since the arrival of dennis kim | 但既然丹尼斯·金 |
[06:46] | Has rendered my research pointless, | 已经诠释了我的研究是徒劳的 |
[06:48] | I just have to find something else to focus on. | 那我需要找些别的东西来研究 |
[06:50] | Great! | 好极了! |
[06:51] | So I’ve decided I’m going to collaborate with you. | 所以我决定我要跟你合作 |
[06:57] | Great. | “好极了” |
[06:59] | So what exactly is it you do? | 你现在具体在做什么? |
[07:02] | I know you chatter on about it all the time, | 我知道你常常说起 |
[07:04] | But I’ve never really paid attention. | 但我从没怎么注意听 |
[07:07] | Okay, well, right now I’m designing an experiment | 好 现在我在设计一个实验 |
[07:09] | To study the soft component of cosmic radiation | 来研究海平面上宇宙辐射的软性分立 |
[07:11] | At sea level, but I really don’t need any help. | 但是我真的不需要任何帮助 |
[07:13] | Oh, sure you do. | 你肯定需要 |
[07:16] | Now, see, what’s this here in the schematic? | 看原理图 这个东西是什么? |
[07:17] | Is that a laser array? | 那个是激光阵列吗 |
[07:19] | Yes. now, hm… | 是的 |
[07:23] | What happens if you use argon lasers | 如果你用氩激光器而不是氦氖 |
[07:25] | Instead of helium-neon? | 会怎么样? |
[07:27] | It would blow up. | 那样就会爆炸 |
[07:28] | Are you sure? pretty sure. | 你肯定吗 比较肯定 |
[07:31] | “pretty sure” is not very scientific. | “比较肯定”可不是很科学 |
[07:32] | Is this how you normally work? | 你平常都这样吗? |
[07:34] | Just hunches and guesses and stuff? | 只是预感和猜测结果? |
[07:37] | Okay, sheldon, I understand that you’re | 好了 谢尔顿 我理解你现在 |
[07:40] | Going through a bit of a career crisis, | 正经历着事业上的小小危机 |
[07:42] | You’re searching for some other area | 你在寻找一些其他的领域 |
[07:43] | Where you can feel valuable and productive, | 让你可以感觉自己有价值并有建设性 |
[07:45] | But I need to tell you something, | 但是我需要告诉你一些事 |
[07:47] | And I want you to listen carefully. | 你希望你仔细听清楚 |
[07:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:49] | Go away. | 走开 |
[07:54] | If you’re concerned about sharing credit with me, | 如果你担心会和我共享这荣誉的话 |
[07:55] | Your name can go first– I’m going. | 你的名字可以放在前面…我走 |
[08:02] | It’s a small, brown paper bag, ma! | 是个小的 褐色的袋子 妈! |
[08:05] | I’m looking in it right now. | 我现在正瞅着呢 |
[08:08] | Why would I make that up? | 我骗你干嘛? |
[08:09] | There’s no ding dong in it. | 里面根本就没有巧克力点心 |
[08:15] | How are two ding dongs tomorrow gonna help me today? | 明天给我两份点心有什么用 我今天又吃不到 |
[08:20] | So… | 那么… |
[08:22] | This is engineering, huh? | 这就是工程是吧 |
[08:24] | I’ll talk to you later. | 我一会再跟您说 |
[08:25] | Engineering. | 工程 |
[08:27] | Where the noble semiskilled laborers | 由这些杰出的半职业的工人 |
[08:29] | Execute the vision of those who think and dream. | 来完成那些思考和梦想者的设想 |
[08:33] | Hello, oompah loompahs of science. | 好啊 科学小矮人 |
[08:37] | Sheldon, what are you doing here? | 谢尔顿 你来这里做什么 |
[08:40] | I just came by to say hello. | 我就过来打声招呼 |
[08:41] | I’ve been in this lab for three years. | 我在这个研究室工作了3年 |
[08:43] | You’ve never come by to say hello. | 你从来没到这里来打过招呼 |
[08:45] | Well, up until now, I’ve had better things to do. | 因为在此之前 我有更重要的事要做 |
[08:48] | So, what are we making today? | 我们今天要做什么? |
[08:50] | A small payload support structure | 一个小的支撑有效载荷结构 |
[08:53] | For a european science experimental package | 提供给欧洲的科学实验方案 |
[08:55] | That’s going up on the next space shuttle. | 这个会装在下一艘太空船里 |
[08:56] | Really? how does it work? | 真的? 这东西怎么工作? |
[08:58] | When this is done, it will be attached | 当完成之后 这个将会放在 |
[09:00] | To the payload bay, and the sensor apparatus | 有效载重舱上 还有传感器 |
[09:02] | Will rest on it. | 也会被装上 |
[09:06] | So it’s a shelf. | 就是个架子 |
[09:12] | No, you don’t understand– during acceleration, | 不是 你不明白 在加速过程中 |
[09:14] | It needs to stay perfectly level and provide… | 它需要保持完全的水平并且提供… |
[09:17] | Yeah, okay, it’s a shelf. | 好吧 它就是个架子 |
[09:19] | Now, I notice you’re using titanium. | 我注意到了你用的是钛 |
[09:21] | Did you give any consideration to carbon nanotubes? | 你有否考虑过用碳纳米管? |
[09:23] | They’re lighter, cheaper, and have twice the tensile strength. | 它们更轻 更便宜 并且具有两倍的抗张强度 |
[09:26] | Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[09:27] | There’s a diploma in my office | 我办公室里有这么张证书 |
[09:29] | That says I have a master’s in engineering. | 上面写着我获得了工程硕士学位 |
[09:32] | And you also have a note from your mother | 并且这里还有张你妈妈给你写的字条 |
[09:33] | That says, “i love you, bubula.” | 上面写着 “我爱你 小水泡” |
[09:38] | But neither of those is a cogent argument | 但是哪个都不是能证明 |
[09:39] | For titanium over nanotubes. | 钛比纳米管好的有力论点 |
[09:43] | Sheldon? yes? | -谢尔顿 -干吗 |
[09:43] | Go away! | 走开! |
[09:46] | Did leonard tell you to say that? | 里奥纳德叫你这么说的吗 |
[09:49] | No, I thought of it all by myself. | 不是 我自己想出来的 |
[09:52] | That can’t be a coincidence. | 不能这么巧吧 |
[09:56] | There must be some causal link I’m missing. | 这里肯定有些因果的联系我没想到 |
[10:01] | Go away! | 走开! |
[10:12] | Curiouser and curiouser. | 真是奇怪 真是奇怪 |
[10:19] | Is he here? | 他在这吗 |
[10:20] | If he were, I wouldn’t be. | 如果他在 我就不会在了 |
[10:23] | Do you know what he did? | 你知道他干了什么吗 |
[10:24] | He watched me work for ten minutes, | 他看着我做了10分钟 |
[10:25] | And then started to design a simple piece | 然后开始设计一个可以 |
[10:27] | Of software that could replace me. | 取代我的简易软件 |
[10:30] | Is that even possible? | 这有可能吗 |
[10:32] | As it turns out, yes. | 他确实做到了 |
[10:36] | Something’s got to be done about him, leonard. | 里奥纳德 我们需要干点什么了 |
[10:38] | Like what? | 什么呢? |
[10:39] | He’ll never be able to cope with the fact | 他永远都不可能接受 |
[10:40] | That some 15-year-old kid is smarter | 一个15岁的小孩比他更聪明 |
[10:42] | And more accomplished than he is. | 比他更有成就 |
[10:44] | Well, what if something were to happen to this boy | 如果这个小孩发生了什么意外 |
[10:46] | So he was no longer a threat to sheldon? | 然后再也不会对谢尔顿造成威胁呢 |
[10:50] | Then our problem would be solved. | 那我们的问题就解决了 |
[10:53] | Hang on, are we talking about murdering dennis kim? | 等等 你们是在讨论谋杀丹尼斯·金吗 |
[10:57] | I’m not saying no. | 我不是说不行 |
[11:00] | We don’t have to go that far. | 我们不必做这么绝 |
[11:01] | There are other means available. | 还是有其他办法的 |
[11:03] | We can’t send him back to north korea. | 我们不能遣送他回朝鲜 |
[11:05] | He knows how to get out. | 他知道怎么逃出来 |
[11:09] | The only thing we need to do | 我们唯一要做的是 |
[11:10] | Is make this kim kid lose his focus. | 让这个小孩的关注点发生偏移 |
[11:12] | Won’t happen. | 不可能 |
[11:13] | He is not interested in anything but physics. | 他除了物理以外什么都没有兴趣 |
[11:16] | What about biology? | 生物怎么样? |
[11:17] | What? you know, biology. | 什么? 你知道 性(双关语) |
[11:21] | The one thing that can completely derail | 只有这件事可以完全让顶级头脑 |
[11:23] | A world-class mind. | 偏离轨道 |
[11:24] | Howard, he’s 15. | 霍华德 他才15岁 |
[11:25] | Yeah, so? | 是的 怎么了 |
[11:26] | When I was 15, I met denise palmeri | 我15岁的时候 遇见了迪妮斯·帕尔玛莉 |
[11:28] | And my grade point average fell from a 5.0 to a 1.8. | 然后年级平均成绩从5.0降到了1.8 |
[11:32] | She was sleeping with you? | 她跟你上床了? |
[11:34] | No, I just wasted a lot of time | 没有 我就是浪费了很多时间 |
[11:37] | Thinking about what it would be like if she did. | 想象如果她跟我上床了会是什么样 |
[11:40] | Oh, good, you’re all here. | 太好了 你们都在 |
[11:42] | Look, I’ve decided that if the three of you | 听着 我决定了 如果你们三个 |
[11:44] | Drop whatever it is you’re working on and join me, | 放弃手头的工作 跟我合作 |
[11:46] | We could lick cold fusion in less than a decade. | 我们可以在10年内征服冷聚变 |
[11:48] | 12 years, tops. | 绝对不用12年 |
[11:53] | Go away? | 走开? |
[11:58] | Could it be me? | 是在说我吗? |
[12:03] | Oh, hey guys, what’s up? | 好 各位 怎么啦 |
[12:04] | We need a hot 15-year-old asian girl | 我们需要一个15岁的亚洲辣妹 |
[12:06] | With a thing for smart guys. | 喜欢天才男人的 |
[12:09] | What? | 什么? |
[12:10] | Howard, that’s racist. | 霍华德 那是种族歧视 |
[12:11] | Any 15-year-old girl will do the trick. | 任何15岁的女孩都可以 |
[12:20] | It’s possible she may have misunderstood us. | 可能她误解了我们 |
[12:29] | Dr. cooper. | 库珀博士 |
[12:30] | Oh, are we interrupting? | 我们打扰你了吗 |
[12:31] | No, no. please come in. | 不不 请进 |
[12:32] | Yeah, I think you’ll appreciate this. | 你看了这个会喜出望外的 |
[12:34] | This is very exciting. | 非常令人振奋 |
[12:35] | Oh, what are you working on? | 你在研究什么 |
[12:36] | Something remarkable. | 很不寻常的东西 |
[12:37] | Since my prospects for the nobel prize in physics | 考虑到我在物理领域赢得诺贝尔奖的愿景 |
[12:39] | Have disappeared– | 已经不复存在 |
[12:40] | Thank you very much– I’ve decided | 非常感谢你 我已经决定 |
[12:42] | To refocus my efforts and use my people skills | 重新定位我的方向 运用我的社交能力 |
[12:45] | To win the nobel peace prize. | 去赢得诺贝尔和平奖 |
[12:47] | Look. | 看着 |
[12:47] | I’m going to solve the middle east crisis | 我会在墨西哥沙漠的中心 |
[12:49] | By building an exact replica of jerusalem | 建造另一个一模一样的耶路撒冷 |
[12:52] | In the middle of the mexican desert. | 来解决中东危机 |
[12:55] | To what end? | 怎么解决? |
[12:56] | You know, it’s like the baseball movie. | 你知道 就像拍棒球类的电影一样 |
[12:58] | “build it and they will come.” | “只要拍 大家就都会来” |
[13:01] | Who will come? | 谁会来? |
[13:03] | The jewish people. | 犹太人 |
[13:05] | What if they don’t come? | 如果他们不来怎么办? |
[13:06] | We’ll make it nice, put out a spread. | 那我们就热情些 摆一个宴会 |
[13:09] | Okay, well, um… | 好吧 |
[13:11] | Speaking of spreads, | 说到宴会 |
[13:12] | We’re having a small welcoming party | 今天下午我们将为金先生准备 |
[13:13] | This afternoon for mr. kim who’s agreed | 一个小小欢迎会 |
[13:15] | To join us here at the university. | 他已经答应进入我们大学 |
[13:17] | Of course he has. | 他当然答应了 |
[13:19] | The oracle told us | 神使告诉我们 |
[13:20] | Little neo was the one. | 小尼奥就是这个人 |
[13:24] | You can see the matrix, can’t you? | 你可以看见矩阵 是吧? |
[13:26] | Okay, well, obviously you’re very busy | 好了 很明显你现在正忙 |
[13:29] | With your, uh, um… | 你的… |
[13:31] | Come, dennis. | 走吧 丹尼斯 |
[13:34] | You’ll have to excuse dr. cooper. | 你得原谅库珀博士 |
[13:35] | He’s been under a lot of, um… | 他最近经历了很多… |
[13:37] | He’s nuts. | 他是个疯子 |
[13:51] | I really don’t understand | 我真的不明白你 |
[13:52] | Your objections, professor goldfarb. | 反对的理由 歌德法布教授 |
[13:54] | Why wouldn’t the sonora desert | 为什么索诺拉沙漠 |
[13:55] | Make a perfectly good promised land? | 不会是一个完美的乐土呢 |
[13:58] | Go away. | 走开 |
[14:01] | We could call it nuevo jerusalem. | 我们可以叫它”新耶路撒冷” |
[14:05] | Please go away. | 请走开 |
[14:07] | Said pharaoh to moses. | 法老对摩西说 |
[14:11] | Why are all these young women here? | 这怎么那么多小姑娘? |
[14:13] | It’s take your daughter to work day. | 今天是”带你女儿来工作”日 |
[14:15] | Really? | 真的? |
[14:16] | I was not aware of that. | 我不知道嘛 |
[14:17] | Oh, yes. there was a very official e-mail | 是的 有一份非常正式的电子邮件 |
[14:19] | That was sent to everyone | 发到了每一位 |
[14:21] | Whose insurance files indicated | 保险档案上显示 |
[14:22] | They had daughters between the ages of 14 and 16. | 自己有个14到16周岁女儿的人手上 |
[14:26] | Smooth. thank you. | -漂亮 -谢谢 |
[14:30] | There’s the man of the hour. | 我们的男主角来了 |
[14:33] | Okay, so we now have a socially-awkward genius | 好了 我们现在让这个不擅交际的小天才 |
[14:36] | In a room full of attractive, age-appropriate women. | 深陷于一屋子年龄相当且令人销魂的女孩群中了 |
[14:38] | All he has to do now is hook up with one of them. | 他要做的就是泡上她们其中的一个 |
[14:49] | Anyone else see the flaw in this plan? | 你们发现这个计划的瑕疵没? |
[14:53] | We need a social catalyst. | 我们需要社交方面的催化剂 |
[14:54] | Like what? | 比如? |
[14:55] | We can’t get 15-year-old girls drunk. | 我们可不能把15岁的女孩弄醉 |
[14:58] | Or can we? | 我们能啊 |
[14:59] | No, we can’t. | 不 我们不能 |
[15:01] | I don’t think you mean “we can’t.” | 我想你不是说”我们不能” |
[15:03] | I think you mean “we shouldn’t.” | 而是说”我们不应该” |
[15:04] | Hey, howard, you’re a jew. | 霍华德 你是个犹太人 |
[15:07] | If there was another wailing wall | 如果有另外一面哭墙 |
[15:09] | Exactly like the one in jerusalem | 和在耶路撒冷的一模一样 |
[15:11] | But close to taco stands and cheap prescription drugs, | 不过比较靠近炸玉米卷摊和卖便宜处方药的药店 |
[15:13] | Would you still be able to wail at it? | 你还会对着那面墙哀哭吗 |
[15:17] | Okay, it’s definitely me. | 好吧 又是我没事找事 |
[15:22] | Okay, we cannot leave this to chance. | 我们不能等着老天来决定了 |
[15:24] | Let’s pick a girl and figure out | 咱们来挑个女孩 |
[15:25] | How to get her together with dennis. | 然后琢磨下怎么让她和丹尼斯搞到一起 |
[15:26] | Okay, how about that one? | 对 那个怎么样? |
[15:30] | Uh-uh. I know the type. | 我对这一类的太了解了 |
[15:31] | Cheerleader, student council, goes out with the jocks, | 拉拉队长 学生会干事 总是跟运动员约会 |
[15:34] | Won’t even look at anybody in the gifted program. | 甚至看都不会看那些天才班里的人 |
[15:36] | And if, after two years of begging, | 之后如果 你苦苦哀求她两年 |
[15:37] | She does agree to go out with you, | 她终于愿意跟你约会 |
[15:38] | It turns out to be a setup and you’re in the backseat | 结果却也是一个事先设计好的骗局 |
[15:39] | Of your mom’s car with your pants off | 你光着屁股坐在你妈汽车的后座上时 |
[15:41] | While the whole football team laughs at y… | 会有整个橄榄球队队员过来嘲笑你的… |
[15:46] | Are you crying? | 你在哭吗 |
[15:47] | No, I have allergies. | 没有 有点过敏罢了 |
[15:51] | Okay, um, oh, hey, how about her? | 好吧 那这个怎么样? |
[15:55] | Sure, if he wants to spend a couple years | 可以 如果他想帮她写个几年作业 |
[15:57] | Doing her homework while she drinks herself | 而那些时候她通常已经用白俄罗斯人(一种鸡尾酒) |
[15:59] | Into a stupor with nonfat white russians. | 把自己灌得不省人事了 |
[16:01] | And you’re the one holding her head | 而你还得扶着她的头从厕所出来 |
[16:03] | Out of the toilet while she’s puking | 她会一边吐一边告诉你说 |
[16:04] | And telling you she wishes “more guys were like you.” | 真希望”男的都像你这样” |
[16:06] | And then she gets into cornell because you wrote her essay | 然后她会拿着你帮她写的论文顺利地进入康奈尔大学 |
[16:08] | For her and you drive up to visit her one weekend | 当你某个周末开车去找她的时候 |
[16:10] | And she acts like she doesn’t even know you. | 她却会装出一副好像从来都不认识你的样子 |
[16:16] | Okay, so not her, either. | 算了 这个也不行 |
[16:19] | Oh, hey, how about her? | 那个怎么样? |
[16:21] | Oh, interesting, kind of pretty, | 有点意思 长得不错 |
[16:22] | A little chubby, so probably low self-esteem. | 有点胖乎乎 因此很可能不那么孤傲 |
[16:25] | I think that’s our girl. | 我看就是她了 |
[16:26] | One of us should go talk to her. | 咱们谁过去跟她搭话 |
[16:28] | I can’t talk to her– you do it. | 我不可能跟她搭话 你去吧 |
[16:29] | I can’t just go up and talk to her. | 我怎么可能就这么过去跟她搭话 |
[16:32] | Howard, you talk to her. | 霍华德 你去吧 |
[16:34] | I don’t know, she’ll never go for the kid | 不好说 一旦让她瞄到我的话 |
[16:35] | Once she gets a peek at this. | 她肯定不会去找那小孩了 |
[16:40] | You know, if we were in india, this would be simpler. | 知道吗 如果在印度 这就简单多了 |
[16:41] | Five minutes with her dad, 20 goats and a laptop, | 跟她父亲谈五分钟 20头山羊 一台笔记本电脑 |
[16:44] | And we’d be done. | 一切搞定 |
[16:45] | Well, we’re not in india. | 可我们不在印度啊 |
[16:47] | All right, why don’t we do it your way then? | 好啊 那我们看看你要怎么办 |
[16:49] | We’ll arrange for this girl | 我们安排这个女孩搬到 |
[16:49] | To move in across the hall from dennis | 与丹尼斯只有一走廊之隔的地方 |
[16:51] | So he can pathetically moon over her for months on end. | 让他可以像哈巴狗一样几个月不停地为她倾倒 |
[16:56] | Okay, that was uncalled for. | 好 那确实没有道理 |
[16:57] | You started it, dude. | 是你先开始的 哥们 |
[17:00] | Could I have everyone’s attention, please? | 请大家听我说好吗 |
[17:03] | What a wonderful occasion this is, | 这是一个多么美妙的场合 |
[17:06] | And how fortunate that it should happen to fall | 我们十分幸运能有机会 |
[17:08] | On take your daughter to work day. | 来参加”带你女儿来工作”日 |
[17:11] | We’re here to welcome | 在这里我们欢迎 |
[17:12] | Mr. dennis kim to our little family. | 丹尼斯·金先生加入我们这个小家庭 |
[17:15] | Welcome, dennis kim. | 欢迎 丹尼斯·金 |
[17:18] | Mr. kim | 金先生 |
[17:19] | Was not only the valedictorian at stanford university, | 不仅是在斯坦福大学毕业典礼上发言的毕业生 |
[17:23] | He is also the youngest recipient | 他更是极具声望的史蒂文森奖 |
[17:25] | Of the prestigious stevenson award. | 有史以来最年轻的获得者 |
[17:28] | Youngest till the cyborgs rise up! | 直到纪录被半机械人打破前最年轻的 |
[17:31] | And now, without any further ado, | 现在 废话不多说 |
[17:33] | Let me introduce the man of the hour, | 让我向大家介绍此时此刻的主角 |
[17:36] | Mr. dennis kim. | 丹尼斯·金先生 |
[17:40] | Dennis? | 丹尼斯? |
[17:42] | Dennis! | 丹尼斯 |
[17:43] | What?! | 干什么? |
[17:46] | Would you like to tell us | 你能不能向大家 |
[17:47] | A little bit about your upcoming research? | 稍微介绍下你近期的研究? |
[17:49] | No, thanks. | 算了吧 谢了 |
[17:50] | I’m going to the mall with emma. | 我得跟爱玛去趟购物中心 |
[17:57] | The kid got a girl. | 那孩子搞到了一个 |
[18:00] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[18:02] | Did anyone see how he did it? | 你们谁看到他是怎么做的了吗 |
[18:06] | Don’t worry, I’ve got this. | 别担心 看我的 |
[18:08] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[18:10] | Honored daughters, while mr. kim, | 尊敬的女儿们 当金先生 |
[18:13] | By virtue of his youth and naivete, | 因为他的年幼和无知 |
[18:15] | Has fallen prey to the inexplicable need | 被人类交往中一种神秘的需求所俘虏时 |
[18:18] | For human contact, let me step in | 请允许我插两句 |
[18:20] | And assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted, | 我向你们保证我的研究会不间断地继续下去的 |
[18:23] | And that social relationships will continue to baffle | 而那些人际关系的种种将会继续困惑 |
[18:26] | And repulse me. | 并且排斥我 |
[18:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:33] | He’s back. | 他回来了 |
[18:33] | Yeah, mission accomplished. | 是啊 任务完成了 |
[18:35] | Forget the mission. | 别提这任务了 |
[18:36] | How did that little yutz get a girl on his own? | 那小屁孩自己是怎么吊上马子的? |
[18:39] | I guess times have changed since we were young. | 我想现在已经不是我们年轻时的那个时代了 |
[18:41] | Smart is the new sexy. | 天才也性感了 |
[18:44] | Then why do we go home alone every night? | 那为什么我们每天晚上还是孤身一人回家? |
[18:46] | We’re still smart. | 我们也还是天才啊 |
[18:48] | Maybe we’re too smart. | 也许我们太天才了 |
[18:49] | So smart it’s off-putting. | 天才到了物极必反的地步 |
[18:52] | Yeah, let’s go with that. | 是 说得没错 |
[18:58] | Unbelievable. | 简直不敢相信 |
[19:00] | Components I built | 我制造的元件 |
[19:01] | Are on the international space station and I get a ticket | 已经用在了国际空间站上 而我只得到了一张 |
[19:03] | For launching a model rocket in the park. | 公园里发射模型火箭的门票 |
[19:05] | I don’t know if the ticket was | 我不知道这张票对于 |
[19:06] | So much for the launch as it was | 来这里发射是不是那么重要 |
[19:08] | For you telling the policewoman, | 因为你会对着女警说 |
[19:09] | “you have to frisk me. | “你得搜搜我的身 |
[19:10] | I have another rocket in my pants.” | 我裤裆里还有个火箭” |
[19:13] | Hey, look at that. | 你们看那儿 |
[19:16] | It’s dennis kim. | 是丹尼斯·金 |
[19:19] | Wow, I almost didn’t recognize him. | 我差点认不出他了 |
[19:21] | You know, I kind of feel bad about what we did to him. | 我们对他做了那些我感到有些愧疚 |
[19:28] | Yeah, we really ruined his life. | 没错 我们真的毁了他的一生 |
[19:31] | Screw him– he was weak. | 去他的 是他弱 |