时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:21] | Mike. | 麦克 |
[01:29] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你来接我 |
[01:30] | Oh, yeah, of course. | 不谢 应该的嘛 |
[01:39] | I’m just parked across the street, so… | 我的车就停在街对面 |
[01:42] | Okay. I…I was just gonna hit the… | 好 我…先去下… |
[01:45] | Yeah, sure. I’ll meet you out front. | 好 我到门口等你 |
[01:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:06] | Janitor. Anybody here? | 保洁的 里面没人吧 |
[04:00] | Higher! | 再高点 |
[04:01] | Higher? Okay, you asked for it. | 还高吗 好吧 那就再高点 |
[04:06] | Oh, sweetheart. All right. Come on down. | 好了 宝贝 下来吧 |
[04:09] | Pop-pop’s getting tired. | 爷爷有点累了 |
[04:11] | Don’t “Aw” Me. | 别闹啦 |
[04:13] | You take a little break — little break. | 你也稍微歇歇吧 |
[04:16] | Go on. | 自己玩会儿吧 |
[04:23] | A good kid. | 真是个好孩子 |
[04:25] | Yeah, she is. | 是啊 她挺乖的 |
[04:29] | So, how do you like it… | 你觉得… |
[04:32] | out west? | 大西部怎样啊 |
[04:34] | I like it. Wide-open spaces. | 挺好 我喜欢广阔的天地 |
[04:37] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[04:38] | Different, anyway. | 反正和之前是不一样了 |
[04:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:44] | How you doing? | 你最近咋样 |
[04:46] | I’m — yeah, I’m okay, you know? | 我…还好吧 |
[04:50] | Adjusting. | 还在适应 |
[04:53] | And Kaylee? | 凯莉呢 |
[04:55] | Yeah, she’s settling in. | 她也在慢慢适应 |
[04:59] | She still asks about him — | 她还会时常问起他… |
[05:02] | “Where is daddy?” | 问”爸爸在哪儿” |
[05:05] | She just misses him. | 她很想他 |
[05:07] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[05:12] | How long you in town for, Mike? | 你准备待多久 麦克 |
[05:14] | I’m here… | 我在这儿… |
[05:16] | for the duration, indefinitely. | 会一直待下去 |
[05:18] | I’m, uh — I’m better. | 我…好多了 |
[05:23] | And I’m sorry it took me so long. | 抱歉让你们等了这么久 |
[05:25] | But I’m not like I was. I’m back. I’m solid. | 我跟以前不一样了 这次是真回来了 |
[05:30] | I want to be here for you, for Kaylee, for my family. | 我想陪着你 凯莉 我的家人 |
[05:35] | That’s good. I’m glad to hear you’re better. | 那就好 你没事就好 |
[05:40] | What? | 咋了 |
[05:43] | What is it, honey? | 你想说什么 亲爱的 |
[05:46] | Mike, I got to ask — | 麦克 我得问清楚… |
[05:47] | I mean…I know I just need to move on from this, | 我知道我得向前看了 |
[05:52] | but I keep thinking about something. | 但有件事我一直很纠结 |
[05:56] | About what? | 纠结什么 |
[05:57] | How, before Matty died, | 就在马蒂死前 |
[05:58] | like, for a few weeks there, | 几个礼拜 |
[06:00] | he was…different. | 他…性情大变 |
[06:04] | Different how? | 怎么变了 |
[06:07] | Different — I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[06:09] | Moody, you know? | 变得喜怒无常 |
[06:11] | He barely ate. H-he wasn’t sleeping. | 他基本上啥也不吃 也不睡觉 |
[06:15] | He snapped at me about the stupidest things. | 因为鸡毛蒜皮的小事就跟我吵架 |
[06:18] | I started to think something’s up at work | 我以为他是工作不顺 |
[06:20] | or — or someone’s sick, something like that, | 或是有人病了什么的 |
[06:22] | but he wouldn’t talk to me. He clammed right up. | 但他不愿跟我说 把自己封闭了起来 |
[06:26] | Cops aren’t real touchy-feely. You know that. | 警察嘛 不愿吐露心事 你也知道 |
[06:30] | No. | 没错 |
[06:32] | They’re not. No. | 你说得也是 |
[06:34] | But this wasn’t the normal “Tough guys don’t cry” crap. | 但这不是什么”男儿有泪不轻弹” |
[06:38] | This was more. I mean… did you notice? | 这里头肯定有问题… 你没发现吗 |
[06:42] | I mean, did you feel anything like that from him? | 你没发现他的转变吗 |
[06:46] | I don’t — as far as I remember, he seemed okay. | 没… 我没看出来 |
[06:48] | He seemed okay to me. | 我觉得他挺正常的 |
[06:51] | Well, I started to think — I’m — | 我后来想着… 我… |
[06:54] | I don’t know. I didn’t know what to think. | 我都不知道该怎么想 |
[06:57] | But then…three days or — or four — | 之后… 他死前大概三四天吧 |
[07:00] | I don’t remember — | 我记不太清了 |
[07:01] | But before he died, there was this phone call. | 凌晨两点半电话响了 |
[07:04] | 2:30 in the morning, I wake up, and Matty’s not in bed. | 我醒了 发现马蒂没在床上 |
[07:08] | And I hear him. He’s talking downstairs. | 我听见他在楼下说话 |
[07:10] | So…I go to listen on the stairs, where he couldn’t see. | 我就躲在楼梯上偷听 |
[07:16] | He gets intense. | 他当时很生气 |
[07:18] | Like, he’d be screaming | 尽管他在低声说话 |
[07:20] | if he wasn’t whispering, you know? | 但好像随时会大叫 你知道吗 |
[07:23] | Matty didn’t get worked up. He’d let things go. | 马蒂很少生气的 他总是看得很开 |
[07:26] | But — but this — I mean, he was angry. | 但这次不一样 他非常生气 |
[07:29] | He was really angry. | 他真的非常生气 |
[07:32] | What was he saying? | 他当时在说什么 |
[07:34] | I couldn’t make it out. It was something about… | 我听不太清楚 是关于… |
[07:39] | I don’t know. I couldn’t hear it. | 我不知道 我听不清 |
[07:43] | But the next morning, I called him out — | 但第二天早上 我问他 |
[07:44] | “What the hell was that about? What’s going on?” | “昨晚怎么了 发生什么事了” |
[07:47] | And he wouldn’t talk to me. | 可他不肯跟我说 |
[07:50] | But I think… | 但我想… |
[07:53] | I think he was talking to you. | 我想他是在跟你说话 |
[07:57] | Me? | 我吗 |
[07:58] | I mean, who else? | 还会有谁呢 |
[08:04] | For one hot second, | 有那么一刻 |
[08:05] | I thought maybe he was catting around — | 我想他是不是有外遇了 |
[08:06] | No, he wouldn’t do that. | 不 他不会那样做的 |
[08:08] | No, I know. I know that. But you — | 是的 我知道 但是你… |
[08:11] | He knew he could call you anytime he had a problem. | 他知道如果有困难随时可以找你 |
[08:13] | You were thick as thieves, the two of you. | 你们俩那么亲密无间 |
[08:16] | And there was something in his voice. | 他的声音有些奇怪 |
[08:17] | It was… how he was talking. | 他说话的方式 |
[08:21] | It makes me think it was you. | 让我觉得他就是在跟你说话 |
[08:23] | Stace, I don’t think it was. | 史黛西 我想那不是我 |
[08:26] | I can’t recall any late-night heart-to-hearts with him, | 我不记得跟他有过深夜谈心 |
[08:29] | not around then. | 那个时候没有 |
[08:31] | Maybe it was a C.I. or a case. | 可能是他的线人或者什么案子 |
[08:35] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[08:37] | I know what you’re doing — replaying it over and over, | 我知道你在做什么 一遍又一遍回想 |
[08:40] | thinking, “If I’d noticed this or changed that, | 想着 “如果我当时意识到了什么 |
[08:43] | maybe I could have done something.” | 也许结果就不会是这样” |
[08:46] | You don’t think I haven’t had those thoughts? I do. | 你觉得我没这样想过吗 我也有 |
[08:50] | Every day. | 每天都在想 |
[08:53] | You got to quit beating yourself up like this. | 你不能再这样自责下去了 |
[08:59] | Matty’s gone. | 马蒂不在了 |
[09:02] | That’s really all there is to it. | 就是这样 |
[09:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:14] | I guess that’s that. | 我想是吧 |
[09:21] | It’s getting on. | 时候不早了 |
[09:21] | I got to…get Kaylee her dinner | 我该去给凯莉做晚饭 |
[09:25] | and put her to bed. | 哄她上床睡觉了 |
[09:28] | Uh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:36] | Well, if you want me to drop by and keep an eye on her, I… | 如果你需要我过来照看她 我… |
[09:40] | I want to help. | 我愿意帮忙 |
[09:52] | See you around. | 回头见 |
[10:27] | Where to? | 去哪 |
[10:31] | “Francisco.” | 你叫弗朗西斯科 |
[10:33] | Yeah. | 是我 |
[10:34] | You know this town? | 你很了解这个小镇吗 |
[10:35] | Yeah, sure. | 是的 当然 |
[10:37] | How well? | 有多了解 |
[10:42] | You sew this up yourself? | 这是你自己缝的吗 |
[10:44] | Not bad. | 还不赖 |
[10:47] | Bet there’s a story there. | 这里肯定有个故事吧 |
[10:48] | – Isn’t there always? – Yeah. | -每个伤口背后都有故事 -是的 |
[10:51] | All right. Little sting here. | 好了 疼一下 |
[10:55] | Okay. That ought to do it. | 好了 应该可以了 |
[10:58] | Now… | 现在… |
[11:00] | …you’re gonna want to take it easy. | 不要剧烈运动 |
[11:02] | Keep it clean. | 保持清洁 |
[11:04] | Keep it dry. Let it heal. | 保持干燥 慢慢就愈合了 |
[11:07] | There’s a Walgreens a couple blocks over on Louisiana. | 在路易斯安大道那边有个沃尔格林[药店] |
[11:10] | Maybe go get yourself a sling. | 可以去那里买一个悬带 |
[11:12] | You don’t have one? | 你这里没有吗 |
[11:14] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:15] | – Got a cone you can put around your neck. – Yeah. | -有套在脖子上的喇叭筒 -我知道 |
[11:19] | It’s about the same, right? | 都差不多 是吧 |
[11:22] | So, it’s gonna be $500? | 五百块钱是吗 |
[11:24] | $500. | 五百块 |
[11:25] | I can, uh, throw some pills in for the pain. | 我可以给你一点止痛药 |
[11:30] | This stuff’s essentially vicodin. | 这药是维柯丁[止痛药] |
[11:33] | I can give it to you for $25 a pill — | 二十五块一颗卖给你 |
[11:35] | Maybe drop the price to $15 | 少给十块也行 |
[11:37] | for something a little less human-centric. | 这药毕竟不是给人吃的 |
[11:40] | I’m an aspirin man. | 我吃点阿司匹林就行 |
[11:43] | Tell you what — take a couple on the house. | 这样吧 送你几片 |
[11:47] | in case you change your mind. | 说不定你就想吃了呢 |
[11:51] | You new in town? | 你是这儿新来的吧 |
[11:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:55] | Passing through or sticking around? | 是路过还是要待一阵 |
[11:58] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[11:59] | No reason. | 就是问问 |
[12:01] | It’s just, if you’re relocating to the Land of Enchantment, | 如果你想搬来迷人之地[新墨西哥州] |
[12:06] | I know people. | 我倒是认识些人 |
[12:09] | I could get you some work. | 可以给你找份工作 |
[12:10] | I am not looking for that kind of work, | 那种工作我可不要 |
[12:14] | but — ohh — thanks. | 不过 还是谢谢你 |
[12:23] | Don’t know why it has to be this way. | 真不明白为什么要搞成这样 |
[12:25] | Could have been friendly. Could have talked in your house. | 在你家好好地谈不行吗 |
[12:28] | You really want the formal treatment? | 你真要走正式流程吗 |
[12:30] | Lawyer. | 我要律师 |
[12:32] | Come on, Mike. | 行了 麦克 |
[12:34] | It’s just a couple of questions. | 就问你几个问题而已 |
[12:37] | ain’t nothing but a thing. | 没什么大不了的 |
[12:38] | Lawyer. | 我要律师 |
[12:40] | You’re not under arrest. | 你又没被捕 |
[12:42] | Okay, did anybody here say “Arrest”? No. | 谁说你”被捕”了吗 没有 |
[12:44] | You want to walk, walk. | 你想走就走 |
[12:46] | I got to say, I, uh, expected more cooperation from you on this, | 我原以为你会很配合的 |
[12:49] | cop to cop. | 你我都是警察嘛 |
[12:52] | Lawyer. | 我要律师 |
[13:02] | Fine. What lawyer? | 好吧 哪位律师 |
[13:14] | Ehrmantraut — who’s got him and where? | 我找厄门绍特 谁知道他在哪 |
[13:17] | That way. | 那边 |
[13:19] | Hey, fellas. How you doing? | 伙计们 最近还好吗 |
[13:21] | James McGill — Here to see my client. | 我是詹姆斯·麦吉尔 来见我的委托人 |
[13:26] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:27] | – You look like Matlock. – Uh, no, | -你看着真像马特洛克 -才不是 |
[13:27] | 马特洛克 美剧《至尊辩护律师》的主角 由安迪·格里菲斯饰演 | |
[13:29] | I look like a young Paul Newman dressed as Matlock. | 应该是像扮成马特洛克的青年保罗·纽曼[演员] |
[13:33] | Where’s my guy? | 我的委托人在哪 |
[13:38] | Say hello to Barney Fife. | 你的巴尼·法伊夫来了 |
[13:39] | Wrong show, but thanks for playing. | 不是同一个剧 不过谢谢 |
[13:46] | So, what happened — | 你怎么了 |
[13:47] | The mayor didn’t give you enough stickers? | 是不是市长给你的贴纸不够啊 |
[13:52] | You want to tell me what we’re doing here? | 告诉我这是怎么回事吧 |
[13:54] | Oh, here’s your coffee. | 这是你的咖啡 |
[13:58] | Hope it’s good to the last drop, | 希望是滴滴香浓意犹未尽 |
[13:59] | ’cause I’m billing you the full hour for it. | 因为我要为它收你一小时服务费 |
[14:01] | That’s for you. | 这是给你的 |
[14:04] | That’s very thoughtful. | 你倒挺贴心 |
[14:07] | You serious? | 你真不喝吗 |
[14:09] | Why did you have me bring it to you? | 你为什么要让我带咖啡来 |
[14:11] | All right, here’s what’s gonna happen. | 听我说 一会儿你要这么做 |
[14:12] | Those two cops out there are from Philadelphia. | 外面那俩警察是从费城来的 |
[14:15] | They’ve come a long way to see me. | 他们是专程来找我的 |
[14:17] | When they come in here, | 他们进来以后 |
[14:18] | we’re all gonna have a little chat. | 我要和他们聊几句 |
[14:19] | And when it’s over, | 等我们聊完以后 |
[14:20] | The young one, who’s been writing in his little notebook, | 那位之前一直在做笔记的年轻警察 |
[14:23] | He’s gonna take it and put it in his jacket. | 就会拿起笔记本 放进他的夹克衫里 |
[14:25] | And when he does that, | 他放好笔记本以后 |
[14:27] | I want you to take that coffee and spill it on him — | 我要你拿着这杯咖啡 泼到他身上 |
[14:31] | Little accident, that’s all. | 制造点小意外 就这样 |
[14:33] | And w-why, pray tell, would I do that? | 我为什么要泼人家 |
[14:35] | Because I’m asking you to. | 因为我让你这么干 |
[14:36] | It’s the only reason you’re here. | 你是我叫来的 |
[14:38] | So I’m here because you want me to assault a police officer. | 所以说 我在这儿是因为你想让我袭警 |
[14:41] | I am asking you to take a few ounces of lukewarm coffee | 我是让你从这杯微热的咖啡里弄点出来 |
[14:45] | and spill it on him. | 泼到他身上 |
[14:46] | I doubt that satisfies the definition of “Assault,” | 这还构不成”袭警”吧 |
[14:50] | but, hey, you’re the lawyer. | 我的大律师 |
[14:53] | Right. How silly of me. | 好吧 我也真是傻了 |
[14:56] | All you want is for me to aid and abet | 你就是想让我给你打掩护 |
[14:58] | you ripping off that guy’s notepad, | 因为你想偷人家的笔记本 |
[14:59] | ’cause that’s what you’re doing here, right? | 你来这儿就是要干这个 对吧 |
[15:02] | What — are you nuts? | 你疯了吗 |
[15:03] | You can’t be serious. | 你开国际玩笑呢 |
[15:04] | Hey, I hate to remind you of this, but you owe me one. | 你可别忘了 你还欠我个人情呢 |
[15:08] | The assist I gave you with the missing-persons problem — | 一家人失踪的事我帮了你 |
[15:10] | one good turn and so forth? | 你懂得礼尚往来吗 |
[15:12] | You want a good turn? Here’s your good turn, okay? | 你想要回报吗 这就是我给你的回报 |
[15:15] | I’m gonna behave | 我会做一个 |
[15:16] | like an honest-to-god, law-abiding, licensed attorney, | 诚实守信 遵纪守法的执业律师 |
[15:20] | ’cause, clearly, you need one | 因为你显然需要一个 |
[15:21] | with whatever the hell is going on here. | 能帮你解决这里问题的律师 |
[15:23] | Now, those two jokers out in the hallway — | 走廊里那两个家伙 |
[15:24] | I’m gonna make sure they dot their I’s and cross their T’s — | 我会保证他们不漏掉一丝细节 |
[15:27] | everything square and above board. | 一切都开诚布公 |
[15:30] | That’s what I’m gonna do, | 这才是我要做的 |
[15:31] | and you’re gonna be happy as hell that I’m here. | 我来帮你 你开心还来不及 |
[15:34] | But this little Juan Valdez bump-and-dump — no. | 用胡安·瓦尔德兹咖啡干坏事 不行 |
[15:38] | Not gonna happen. | 我才不帮你 |
[15:41] | Hey, gentlemen, we’re prepared to indulge you. | 先生们 我们准备好跟你们谈了 |
[15:47] | Detective Escalara will be sitting in with us, as per APD policy. | 按照警局要求 埃斯卡莱拉警探要来旁听 |
[15:51] | Okay with you, right? | 你没问题吧 |
[15:52] | Fine with me. | 我没问题 |
[15:54] | Okay. | 行 |
[15:56] | You got your lawyer, Mike. Can we talk already? | 你有律师了 麦克 能说了吗 |
[15:59] | Great. So, like we said, | 很好 我们说过 |
[16:01] | we’re here looking into this Hoffman and Fensky thing. | 我们在调查霍夫曼和芬斯基的案子 |
[16:04] | Yeah, and whatever you can tell us — anything at all. | 什么都可以说 任何信息 |
[16:06] | Uh, hold on. Hold on. | 慢着 |
[16:08] | “Hoffman.” “Fensky.” | “霍夫曼” “芬斯基” |
[16:11] | Fill me in. | 说详细点 |
[16:12] | Assume I know absolutely nothing about my client here, all right? | 就当我对委托人的情况一概不知 |
[16:16] | – Start at the beginning. – Jesus. Seriously? | -重新开始 -天 开玩笑吗 |
[16:18] | Look, don’t let Mr. Ehrmantraut’s dancing eyes | 别被厄门绍特先生闪烁的双眼 |
[16:21] | and bubbly, bon vivant personality fool you. | 和热情达观的性格骗了 |
[16:24] | He’s actually — believe it or not — somewhat taciturn. | 信不信由你 其实他不爱说话 |
[16:28] | Shall I fan you gently, so you don’t go into shock? | 要不给你们扇会儿风吧 免得你们休克了 |
[16:32] | Start at the beginning, okay? We’re talking Book of Genesis. | 重新开始 行吗 从最开始说起 |
[16:35] | Okay, Mr. McGill, as you probably gathered, | 行 麦吉尔先生 你应该知道了 |
[16:38] | we — Detective Sanders and I — | 我和桑德斯警探 |
[16:40] | work for the Philadelphia Police Department, | 在费城警察局工作 |
[16:42] | as did Mr. Ehrmantraut for nearly 30 years. | 厄门绍特先生也在那工作近三十年 |
[16:44] | Philadelphia? Go, eagles. | 费城 加油 费城老鹰[橄榄球队] |
[16:47] | Mr. Ehrmantraut had a son, Matt. | 厄门绍特先生有个儿子叫马特 |
[16:49] | He, too, was with Philly P.D. | 他之前也是费城警局的 |
[16:51] | He was a rookie officer with about two years on the job. | 当时还是个刚工作两年的新人 |
[16:54] | He was a good cop. | 他是个好警察 |
[16:56] | Yes, he was. | 确实 |
[16:57] | About nine months ago, he responded | 大概九个月前 他接到报警 |
[16:59] | to a shots-fired call in some west side rattrap. | 西区有间破房子里有枪击 |
[17:02] | Matt went in with his partner, officer Troy Hoffman. | 马特和他的搭档特洛伊·霍夫曼警官一起去的 |
[17:05] | They had Sergeant Jack Fensky backing them up. | 杰克·芬斯基警长是他们的后援 |
[17:08] | Unfortunately, things got out of hand. | 不幸的是 事情失去控制 |
[17:10] | The three of them were ambushed, | 他们三人中了埋伏 |
[17:12] | and, uh, Matt didn’t make it out. | 马特没能活着回来 |
[17:14] | Hoffman and Fensky returned fire, | 霍夫曼和芬斯基回击了 |
[17:16] | but the shooter got away. | 但开枪的人跑了 |
[17:18] | We chased a few leads, shook up the usual suspects — | 我们跟进了一些线索 找了些嫌疑人 |
[17:20] | came up short. | 但毫无进展 |
[17:24] | I’m very sorry to hear it. | 很抱歉听到这些 |
[17:27] | Anyways, we kept beating the bushes, | 总之 我们兜兜转转 |
[17:28] | kept coming up dry until three months ago. | 查无所获 直到三个月前 |
[17:31] | That’s when Hoffman and Fensky both turned up dead | 霍夫曼和芬斯基被发现 |
[17:33] | in a vacant lot out in nicetown — | 死在城北一片空地上 |
[17:36] | again, an ambush of some kind, it looks like. | 好像又是中了埋伏 |
[17:38] | And with whoever killed Matt out there in the wind, | 这个杀了马特却逍遥法外的人 |
[17:40] | we’re thinking — well, it’s our operating theory | 我们觉得 合理地推测 |
[17:43] | that Hoffman and Fensky were mixed up in something, | 霍夫曼和芬斯基肯定卷入了什么事 |
[17:45] | some bad business, and maybe that got Matt killed. | 结果出了岔子 导致马特被杀 |
[17:49] | Yeah, sorry. I got to do my lawyer thing here. | 抱歉 我得尽我律师的职责问一下 |
[17:51] | Uh, what does my client have to do with any of this? | 这和我的委托人有什么关系 |
[17:54] | Uh, Mike, this is a Hail Mary. | 麦克 这是孤注一掷 |
[17:57] | Uh, beyond that. | 或者说大海捞针 |
[17:59] | I mean, if we had any hard evidence or leads, | 要是证据确凿 线索可信 |
[18:01] | we wouldn’t be out here. | 我们也不会找你 |
[18:02] | Now, there’s anything you can tell us | 霍夫曼和芬斯基卷入了什么事情 |
[18:04] | about what Hoffman and Fensky were into? | 你有什么想说的吗 |
[18:06] | Yeah, help us out, Mike. | 帮帮我们 麦克 |
[18:08] | Help us catch the bastard who killed Matty. | 帮我们抓住杀了马蒂的混蛋 |
[18:14] | I don’t know much about Hoffman and Fensky. | 霍夫曼和芬斯基我不太熟 |
[18:16] | They were Matt’s people. I’d see them around sometimes. | 他们是马特的同事 我看见过他们几次 |
[18:20] | I saw them in a bar the night they died. | 他们被杀当晚 我看到他们在一个酒吧里 |
[18:22] | It was Mcclure’s — | 是麦克卢尔酒吧 |
[18:23] | Maybe the red dog — Probably Mcclure’s. | 那条红色狗很可能是麦克卢尔的 |
[18:27] | Were they drinking with anyone? | 他们当时和谁一起喝酒 |
[18:29] | It’s a cop bar. | 是一个警察常去的酒吧 |
[18:30] | They were drinking with everyone. | 他们和所有人一块儿喝酒 |
[18:31] | Yeah, but did you see them with anyone in particular? | 你看见他们和什么特别的人在一起吗 |
[18:33] | I couldn’t tell you. I was… | 我不知道 我当时… |
[18:36] | You know how I was. | 你知道我当时的情况 |
[18:38] | How you doing these days? | 你近来过得怎么样 |
[18:40] | Feeling like I crawled out from the bottom of a bottle | 感觉就像是从瓶底爬出来 |
[18:43] | and working hard to stay there. | 努力不再落回去 |
[18:45] | Although I’ve got to say — | 我不得不说 |
[18:47] | Doesn’t help much, dredging up the past like this. | 挖我的过去是没什么用的 |
[18:52] | Let me ask you, | 那我问你 |
[18:54] | when did you come out here to Albuquerque? | 你是什么时候来阿尔布开克的 |
[18:56] | It couldn’t have been, uh, too much later. | 不会是过了很长一段时间吧 |
[18:59] | I think it was the very next day. | 就是在第二天到的 |
[19:00] | Yeah? The day after Hoffman and Fensky died, huh? | 就是霍夫曼和芬斯基死亡的第二天吗 |
[19:05] | You didn’t think to, stick around once you heard the news? | 你听说这件事以后没想过留下来吗 |
[19:08] | I don’t think I heard the news till I was west of Kansas City. | 我是过了堪萨斯城才听说的 |
[19:11] | Still, you, uh — | 那你也 |
[19:12] | You didn’t come back for the funerals, correct, | 你也没回来参加葬礼对吗 |
[19:14] | even though Hoffman was Matt’s partner? | 即使霍夫曼是马特的搭档 |
[19:17] | Do you remember anything about that night at the bar? | 你还记得酒吧那一晚的事吗 |
[19:20] | Did you talk to Hoffman or Fensky at all? | 你那时和霍夫曼或芬斯基说过话吗 |
[19:23] | Sorry. I got nothing. They weren’t my people. | 抱歉 我不知道 我们不共事 |
[19:27] | I’m sorry you guys took a flier on me. | 很遗憾你们把宝压在我身上 |
[19:29] | I wish it’d have paid off. | 希望对你们有帮助 |
[19:31] | That it? We done here? | 就这样 我们可以走了吗 |
[19:34] | We’re done here, yeah. | 好了 没我们事了 |
[19:37] | Hey, that wasn’t so hard, huh? | 也不是什么难事对吧 |
[19:38] | – Thanks, Mike. – Yeah. | -谢了 麦克 -不客气 |
[19:39] | Listen, we’re probably gonna kick around for another couple of days, | 听着 我们可能会在附近待几天 |
[19:42] | in case you think of something, all right? | 你如果想到什么就告诉我们 |
[19:44] | I’ve never been out west before. | 正好我以前从没来过西部 |
[19:49] | Oh! Oh, shit! | 见鬼 |
[19:51] | – Jesus. Sorry. Sorry. – Come on! | -天哪 抱歉 -搞什么啊 |
[19:52] | – Here. I can get most of it. – You got any paper towels? | -过来 我来帮你 -有纸巾吗 |
[19:53] | You know what? Hey, hey. I-I got it. | 那个 我来就好了 |
[19:55] | – I got it. Thank you. – Sorry. | -我来 谢谢 -抱歉 |
[20:17] | For the love of… | 看在… |
[20:18] | You got to do that right here, right in front of me? | 你确定要看吗 就在我眼前 |
[20:22] | What’s so important in there that we had to pull | 里面记着什么重要内容 非得让我们 |
[20:24] | that third-rate Marx Brothers routine? | 用这种不入流的马克斯兄弟的手段 |
[20:27] | You really want to know? | 你真想知道 |
[20:29] | And risk getting a piece of an obstruction rap? No, thank you. | 冒着妨碍司法的风险 还是算了吧 |
[20:34] | Anything else you want to ask? | 你还有什么想问的 |
[20:39] | How did you know? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[20:41] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[20:42] | That — that I would do that, that — | 刚刚我会那么做 |
[20:47] | How did you know that I would, | 你怎么知道我刚刚会 |
[20:50] | spill that coffee? | 泼咖啡 |
[20:55] | What the hell’s that? | 你笑什么 |
[20:56] | What’s supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[21:02] | Okay, great. You’re the strong, silent type. | 行 你是高冷硬汉 |
[21:04] | Hooray for you. | 好样的 |
[21:05] | But in case you missed it, | 但我还是要提醒你 |
[21:07] | your friends from Philly back there — | 你那两个费城来的朋友 |
[21:08] | They think you killed two cops. | 他们认为是你杀了两个警察 |
[21:13] | Yep. | 我知道 |
[21:42] | 时间 晚十点 芬斯基/霍夫曼 | |
[21:50] | 一周后 麦克退休 三个月后 史黛西搬到阿尔布开克 | |
[22:11] | Yeah, it’s me. | 是我 |
[22:13] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[22:21] | You call the cops? | 你叫的警察 |
[22:24] | – What? – Philadelphia P.D. — did you call them? | -什么 -费城警局 是你报的警吗 |
[22:27] | – Y-yeah, I did. – Why? | -是 是我 -为什么 |
[22:29] | Well, I told them I heard about | 我告诉他们我听说了 |
[22:30] | Hoffman and Fensky– | 霍夫曼和芬斯基的事 |
[22:31] | And what? | 还有什么 |
[22:33] | And you don’t think it’s strange? | 你不觉得这很奇怪吗 |
[22:35] | First Matt, | 先是马特 |
[22:35] | then not six months later, his partner and his sergeant? | 然后不到六个月 他的搭档和队长也出了事 |
[22:39] | Yeah, I called them to help catch Matty’s killer. | 是我打电话让他们帮忙抓到杀死马蒂的凶手 |
[22:42] | Mike, what if the same person, | 麦克 如果是同一个人呢 |
[22:44] | if the — what if the piece of shit who got Matty | 要是那个杀死马蒂的人 |
[22:45] | got them, too? | 也杀死了那两个人呢 |
[22:47] | And what exactly did you tell them? | 你到底和他们说了什么 |
[22:49] | – I told them — – You tell them Matt was dirty — | -我告诉他们 -你告诉他们马特不干净 |
[22:51] | – Is that what you told them? – I — | -你是这么告诉他们的吗 -我… |
[22:52] | How could you possibly think that? | 你怎么能那么想 |
[22:54] | That’s your husband, the father of your child. | 那是你丈夫 你孩子他爹 |
[22:56] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[22:57] | I s– I told them I found money. | 我…我告诉他们我发现了钱 |
[23:00] | After Kaylee and I moved here, when I was unpacking, | 凯莉和我搬到这里后 我在拆箱时 |
[23:02] | it was in the lining of an old suitcase. | 在一个老箱子的内层里发现的 |
[23:05] | Matt must have tucked it away in there, ’cause this was cash — | 肯定是马特藏的 因为大概有 |
[23:08] | $5,000, $6,000 from God knows where. | 五六千现金 不知道哪来的 |
[23:12] | I mean, we were basically paycheck to paycheck. | 我们都是吃工资的 |
[23:14] | Where the hell did he get it? | 他哪来的钱 |
[23:15] | Why didn’t you ask me? | 你为什么不来问我 |
[23:17] | Why didn’t you come to me? | 你为什么不来找我 |
[23:18] | I couldn’t. | 我不能找你 |
[23:20] | I knew what it would do to you. | 我知道这样会让你很难办 |
[23:22] | First, he’s murdered, | 他先是被杀了 |
[23:23] | and then for you to think… | 然后又会让你觉得… |
[23:25] | I-it would have burned you to the ground. | 这会让你身败名裂的 |
[23:27] | There would be nothing left. | 你就什么都没了 |
[23:29] | And you wouldn’t talk to me. | 而且你也不跟我说话 |
[23:32] | Every night, you were drinking yourself unconscious, | 你每晚都喝得酩酊大醉 |
[23:34] | like you were the only one who lost him. | 好像只有你失去了他似的 |
[23:37] | Look, I don’t care. He was dirty, he was clean | 我不在乎他到底手脚干净不干净 |
[23:39] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[23:40] | All I want is for whoever killed Matty | 我只想让杀害马蒂的人 |
[23:41] | to rot in a cell for the rest of their life, | 下半辈子都在监狱里度过 |
[23:44] | and then I want whatever’s left of them | 而且死后被人扔垃圾堆里 |
[23:45] | just dumped in the trash — that’s what I want. | 这就是我全部的念想 |
[23:48] | I don’t care where it leads, what it uncovers. | 我不管会牵扯出什么 有什么内幕 |
[23:50] | I mean, what difference would it make | 我是说 就算他有什么见不得人的 |
[23:52] | if he was…anything? | 又有什么区别呢 |
[23:55] | I’d still love him. | 我还是爱他 |
[23:57] | I’d still miss him. He’d still be gone. | 我还是想他 他已经死了 |
[23:59] | Matt wasn’t dirty. | 马特是干净的 |
[24:01] | Well, so be straight with me! | 那就把话跟我说明白 |
[24:03] | Right now. This is it, Mike. | 马上 告诉我 麦克 |
[24:05] | What was that phone call before he died? | 他死之前那通电话到底是怎么回事 |
[24:08] | Don’t bullshit me. | 不要糊弄我 |
[24:09] | That was between me and my son. | 那是我跟我儿子之间的事 |
[24:13] | So you’re admitting it was you. | 所以你承认是你打的 |
[24:14] | He wasn’t dirty! | 他是干净的 |
[24:16] | God damn you! You get that through your head! | 你他妈的 你给我记清楚了 |
[24:20] | My son wasn’t dirty! | 我儿子是干干净净的 |
[25:08] | 食物饮料 啤酒 | |
[27:12] | Just let him cry it all out, okay? | 让他自个儿哭去吧 |
[27:16] | Hey, Mikey. | 老麦 |
[27:17] | – Young Hoffman. – Mikey boy. | -小霍夫曼 -麦克兄 |
[27:19] | – What’s going on, my brothers? – How you doing? | -最近怎么样 兄弟 -你好吗 |
[27:21] | Brothers, huh? | 兄弟对吧 |
[27:23] | Good to see you, too. It’s been a minute. | 我也很高兴见到你 好久不见了 |
[27:28] | I know. I know it was you. | 我知道 我知道是你们俩 |
[28:00] | Closing time, Mikey. | 要打烊了 老麦 |
[28:06] | Hey, how about I give you a lift home? | 要不我送你回家吧 |
[28:11] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[28:12] | No, I can’t let you drive. Get you a cab? | 不行 我不能让你开车 给你叫个车吧 |
[28:14] | No, I’m good. I’m good. | 不用了 我好着呢 好着呢 |
[28:17] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[28:19] | Anyway, I sold my car, so I’m walking. | 我把车都卖了 只有走路了 |
[28:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:25] | Albuquerque, New Mexico. | 新墨西哥州 阿尔布开克 |
[28:30] | You ever been? | 你去过吗 |
[28:31] | Nope. | 没去过 |
[28:33] | Well… that’s where I’m headed. | 我马上要去那儿 |
[28:38] | Tarantulas, they got. | 那边有狼蛛 |
[28:40] | That’s a big minus in my book. | 我肯定不敢去 |
[28:42] | Well, I will be on the lookout. | 我会小心的 |
[28:47] | You take care, my friend. | 你要保重 朋友 |
[28:49] | Take care. | 保重 |
[29:24] | Hey, Mike. | 麦克 |
[29:27] | Mikey. | 老麦 |
[29:32] | You want a ride? | 要搭个便车吗 |
[29:35] | I’ll walk it. | 我自己走路 |
[29:38] | Pull over here. | 在前面停车 |
[29:47] | What are you doing out here? | 你在外面做什么呢 |
[29:48] | Come on. Let us drive you. | 来吧 我们载你一程 |
[29:49] | It’s colder than my ex-wife’s tit out here. | 这外面比我前妻奶头还冷 |
[29:52] | Come on. Come on. | 来吧 来吧 |
[29:53] | I’m walking. | 我自己走 |
[29:54] | Come on. D-don’t be an ass. | 来吧 别闹了 |
[29:56] | Come on. Let us take you home. Get in the car already. | 来吧 我们带你回家 上车来吧 |
[29:57] | It’s cold out here. | 外面很冷的 |
[29:59] | What? Come on, Mike. Come on. | 怎么啦 来吧 麦克 快上车 |
[30:02] | Come on. | 上车 |
[30:04] | Okay. Easy. | 好啦 慢点 |
[30:07] | We’re gonna have you home in no time. | 我们马上送你回家 |
[30:10] | Oh, god. | 老天 |
[30:12] | Hey. What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[30:16] | Hey. Give me that. That’s mine. | 还给我 那是我的 |
[30:21] | Later. | 等会儿给你 |
[30:22] | We don’t want you to shoot your foot off, now, do we? | 万一枪走火了咋办 对吧 |
[30:41] | Hey, Mikey. | 老麦 |
[30:43] | What? | 什么 |
[30:43] | Mikey, you with us? | 老麦 你还醒着吗 |
[30:45] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[30:47] | You really tied one on good back there, buddy. | 你刚才真是醉得糊涂了 伙计 |
[30:50] | Shit, yeah, he did — put it away like they were | 可不是嘛 喝那么多酒 |
[30:52] | fixing to bring back prohibition. | 好像明天就要颁布禁酒令了一样 |
[30:56] | Hey, hey, back at McClure’s, | 在麦克卢尔酒吧的时候 |
[30:57] | you were talking out your ass, | 你发酒疯说胡话 |
[31:00] | “I know it was you.” | “我知道是你们俩” |
[31:02] | What’s that supposed to mean, huh? | 你什么意思 |
[31:04] | You think you know what? | 你知道些啥 |
[31:07] | You got something you want to get off your chest, | 你有什么憋在心里 |
[31:09] | Something you want to say to us? | 要跟我们说说吗 |
[31:12] | You killed him. | 你们杀了他 |
[31:15] | You killed Matty. | 是你们杀了马蒂 |
[31:19] | And you killed him for nothing. | 你们平白无故就杀了他 |
[31:23] | You killed him because you were scared | 你们害怕他可能会去告发 |
[31:26] | of what you thought he might do. | 所以就杀了他 |
[31:29] | You got him in that crack house… | 你们让他进了那贩毒屋 |
[31:33] | And you staged it — | 你们设计好了的 |
[31:37] | Made it look like a junkie with a gun. | 看起来像是某个瘾君子开的枪 |
[31:48] | But it was you. | 其实是你们 |
[31:52] | And I know it was you. | 我知道就是你们 |
[31:59] | And I’m gonna prove it. | 我会找到证据的 |
[32:35] | Help me get him out of the car. | 帮我把他弄出来 |
[32:52] | What? | 干嘛 |
[32:54] | Come on. There you go. Watch your head. | 来吧 出来 当心头 |
[33:00] | All right, come on, Mike, | 好了 来吧 麦克 |
[33:01] | One, two, one, two, buddy. | 一二一 一二一 |
[33:05] | Now, you wait there one second. | 你先在这儿等一会儿 |
[33:08] | We’re gonna work this whole thing out, okay, Mikey? | 我们会好好处理的 好吗 老麦 |
[33:13] | What do we do now? | 我们现在怎么办 |
[33:15] | Grief — it’s a bitch. | 丧子之痛 |
[33:19] | He couldn’t live with it — Matt dying the way he did. | 马特死于非命 让他难以承受 |
[33:22] | It’s too much for the old man. | 老麦痛不欲生 |
[33:23] | So Mikey here decided to eat his gun. | 所以决定饮枪自尽 |
[33:26] | It’s tragic, but anyone could see this coming. | 真是太悲剧了 但是没有人会怀疑 |
[33:29] | He’s drinking himself to death. | 他本来就醉得只有半条命了 |
[33:31] | We’re doing him a favor. | 我们就算帮他个忙 |
[33:33] | Smart. That’s what I would have done if I were you. | 聪明 如果是我的话也会这么做 |
[34:26] | Mike, I… | 麦克 我… |
[35:17] | You let some things slide and you look the other way. | 你选择睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[35:21] | You bust a drug dealer | 你逮到一个毒贩 |
[35:22] | that has more cash than you’ll ever earn in a lifetime. | 缴获的现金你一辈子都挣不到 |
[35:27] | Some of it doesn’t make it back into evidence — so what? | 有些钱没有被归入证据上交 那又怎样 |
[35:33] | You took a taste. So did everyone else. | 你尝到了甜头 每个人都尝到了甜头 |
[35:37] | That’s how you knew you were safe. | 然后你就觉得自己安全了 |
[35:43] | It’s like killing Caesar — everyone’s guilty. | 就像刺杀凯撒 其实每个人都有份 |
[35:49] | Matt wasn’t dirty. | 马特没有拿脏钱 |
[35:52] | I was. | 我拿了 |
[35:55] | Everyone was in that precinct. | 那个辖区每个人都拿了 |
[35:58] | That’s how it worked. | 我们就是这样办事的 |
[36:01] | You turn in your buddy, you’re screwing yourself. | 供出你的同伴 等于自寻死路 |
[36:06] | You go along to get along. | 你只能随波逐流 |
[36:12] | And you went along. | 你随波逐流了 |
[36:20] | I did. | 是的 |
[36:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:25] | I did. | 是的 |
[36:28] | Okay. But you said Matt didn’t. | 可你说马特没有 |
[36:32] | No. | 对 |
[36:34] | Not Matt. | 不是马特 |
[36:38] | Fensky got to Hoffman early — | 芬斯基早就找上霍夫曼 |
[36:41] | kickbacks from some gang or another — | 他们向帮派收取回扣 |
[36:44] | protection, basically. | 也就是保护费 |
[36:46] | And Hoffman went to Matty and offered to cut him in. | 霍夫曼来找马蒂想拉他下水 |
[36:49] | Only fair, right? They were partners. | 挺公平的 不是吗 他们是搭档 |
[36:54] | And Matt did what you would think — | 而马特的反应和你想的一样… |
[36:58] | He agonized. | 他很纠结 |
[37:01] | And then he came to me, | 然后他来找我 |
[37:04] | wanted to go to the I.A., | 说要去找内务部 |
[37:05] | do the right thing, shut ’em down. | 伸张正义 告发他们 |
[37:07] | Oh, my God. And you let him? | 我的天啊 你让他去了吗 |
[37:09] | That’s why he got killed — | 这就是他被杀的原因 |
[37:09] | ‘Cause he was gonna turn on those guys? | 因为他要告发别人是吗 |
[37:11] | No. No. | 不 不是 |
[37:16] | I told him… | 我对他说… |
[37:20] | You know what a cop fears most? | 你知道警察最怕什么吗 |
[37:24] | More than getting shot, more than anything? | 胜过被枪杀 胜过一切 |
[37:28] | Prison — | 是坐牢 |
[37:30] | Getting locked up with everybody you put away. | 跟你以前逮捕的人关在一起 |
[37:34] | You threaten a cop with that, you make him dangerous, | 拿这个威胁一个警察 会让他不择手段 |
[37:39] | and that’s what I told him. | 我就是这么对他说的 |
[37:40] | I talked sense. | 我跟他讲道理 |
[37:44] | No one was getting hurt. | 这样大家都可以相安无事 |
[37:47] | But if you go to the I.A., | 可如果你去找内务部 |
[37:48] | if you even look like you’re going… | 哪怕你稍微表现出这种想法… |
[37:53] | He had a wife, a kid, | 他有老婆 有孩子 |
[37:57] | responsibilities. | 有责任 |
[38:00] | Take the money. Do something good with it. | 接受这笔钱 用它做些好事 |
[38:07] | Well…I tried. | 我尽力了 |
[38:13] | I tried. | 我尽力了 |
[38:16] | But he wouldn’t listen. | 可他就是听不进去 |
[38:21] | My boy was stubborn. | 我儿子太倔强了 |
[38:26] | My boy was strong. | 太要强了 |
[38:29] | And he was gonna get himself killed. | 他这样会把自己逼上死路的 |
[38:33] | So I told him… | 所以我对他说… |
[38:37] | I told him I did it, too, | 我对他说 我也干过这种事 |
[38:40] | That I was like Hoffman, getting by, | 我和霍夫曼一样 用卑鄙的手段过活 |
[38:42] | and that’s what you heard that night — | 这就是你那晚听到的那通电话 |
[38:45] | me talking him down, | 我想说服他 |
[38:46] | him kicking and screaming until the fight went out of him. | 他奋力挣扎 最后没了力气 |
[38:51] | He put me up on a pedestal… | 他一直把我当作偶像 |
[38:58] | …and I had to show him | 所以我不得不向他坦白 |
[39:02] | that I was down in the gutter with the rest of them. | 我和其他人一样一身污秽 |
[39:09] | Broke my boy. | 他崩溃了 |
[39:14] | I broke my boy. | 我把我的孩子弄崩溃了 |
[39:19] | He went to Hoffman, he took the money, | 他去找霍夫曼 接受了钱 |
[39:21] | but he hesitated. | 但他犹豫了 |
[39:23] | Even looking like you’re doing the right thing to those two | 即便看上去他照他们两个的吩咐做了 |
[39:27] | meant that he wasn’t solid, that he couldn’t be trusted. | 他们还是觉得他不可靠 不信任他 |
[39:36] | I got Matty to take the money. | 我让马蒂去接受那笔钱 |
[39:43] | And they killed him two days later. | 两天后他们就杀了他 |
[39:50] | He was the strongest person that I ever knew. | 他是我所知道的最要强的人 |
[39:55] | He’d have never done it, not even to save himself. | 即使是为了保命 他也不会做出这种事 |
[40:01] | I was the only one — | 是我… |
[40:04] | I was the only one that could get him to debase himself like that. | 只有我能让他像那样堕落 |
[40:13] | And it was for nothing. | 结果是徒劳的 |
[40:17] | I made him lesser. | 我让他变成了懦夫 |
[40:21] | I made him like me. | 变得像我一样 |
[40:28] | And the bastards killed him anyway. | 到头来那群混蛋还是杀了他 |
[40:51] | Hoffman and Fensky… | 霍夫曼和芬斯基… |
[40:56] | if they killed Matty… | 如果马蒂是他们杀的 |
[41:00] | Who killed them? | 那是谁杀了他们 |
[41:04] | Pop…what happened? | 爸 到底怎么回事 |
[41:12] | You know what happened. | 你知道是怎么回事 |
[41:17] | The question is… | 问题是… |
[41:22] | can you live with it? | 你能接受吗 |