时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:14] | Albuquerque Police. Hello. | 阿尔布开克警察 你好 |
[01:29] | Sir, we’d like to talk with you for a minute. | 先生 我们想跟你谈谈 |
[01:31] | Could you open the door, please? | 你能开下门吗 |
[01:36] | Look, we know you’re in there. | 我们知道你在里面 |
[01:37] | You’re casting a shadow through your peephole. | 从猫眼里都能看到你的影子 |
[01:41] | All we want to do is talk. | 我们只想谈谈 |
[01:42] | Would you please open the door? | 你能开下门吗 |
[01:45] | I’d, I’d prefer not to, officers. | 还是算了吧 警官 |
[01:48] | Sir, come on and open up. | 先生 请开门 |
[01:51] | I have a condition. | 我情况特殊 |
[01:53] | I can’t go outside | 我不能出门 |
[01:55] | or be exposed to what’s out there. | 或者暴露在外界环境中 |
[01:57] | You were able to come outside to steal your neighbor’s newspaper. | 可你都出门偷邻居报纸了 |
[01:59] | I didn’t steal it. | 我没偷啊 |
[02:01] | I left $5. | 我留了五美金 |
[02:02] | The, the cover price is 50 cents. | 标价才五十美分啊 |
[02:04] | Did your neighbor consent to sell you her paper? | 你的邻居同意把报纸卖给你了吗 |
[02:08] | I… | 我 |
[02:09] | She — i-isn’t — | 她 这 |
[02:14] | L– um, officer, let’s — let’s — | 警官 让我们 |
[02:17] | Let’s talk about something called “Probable cause.” | 来谈谈一个叫”合理根据”的东西 |
[02:20] | As I’m sure you know, in the state of New Mexico, | 你们肯定知道 在新墨西哥州 |
[02:23] | there is a two-part test | 有一个两部分的测试 |
[02:24] | to determine whether police officers | 来决定警官是否有 |
[02:26] | have an objectively reasonable basis… | 客观上合理的依据… |
[02:40] | …the situation a-as missing, | 在对亚利桑那州的诉讼中 |
[02:41] | versus Arizona, | 该情况是缺失的 |
[02:43] | as I pointed out creates an event… | 正如我指出的 造成一个后果… |
[02:56] | Hey, Tommy. Come around here, would you? | 汤米 过来看看 |
[02:58] | A-and that’s why the 10th circuit court of appeals | 这就是为什么第十巡回上诉法庭 |
[03:01] | ruled that a coercive order… | 判了强制令… |
[03:05] | Check this out. | 看看这个 |
[03:13] | …requiring an individual leave his house is seizure… | 要求一个人离开自己家无异于抓捕 |
[03:17] | …and, therefore, | 因此 |
[03:19] | protected under the Fourth Amendment, right? | 我受第四修正案的保护 不是吗 |
[03:24] | Whole lot of camp-stove fuel. | 都是便携炉用的燃料 |
[03:26] | Guy sure as shit sounds like a tweaker. | 他简直就像个神经病 |
[03:28] | You see what he did to the breaker box? | 你看到他的电路盒了吗 |
[03:30] | Is he coming out, or are we going in? | 他出来 还是我们进去 |
[03:43] | You got 10 seconds to open this door, | 你有十秒钟的时间开门 |
[03:45] | or it’s coming down. You hear me? | 不然我们会破门而入 你听到了吗 |
[03:47] | Final warning! | 这是最后的警告 |
[03:48] | Okay, I’ll-I’ll let you in, | 我让你们进来 |
[03:50] | but you have to leave your electronic devices outside. | 但你们得把所有的电子设备都留在外面 |
[03:52] | No phones, no walkie-talkies, | 手机 对讲机 |
[03:54] | no flashlights– | 手电筒 |
[03:55] | definitely, definitely no tasers. | 电击枪更不能带进来 |
[03:58] | I can’t emphasize that enough. Deal? | 这个最为关键 行吗 |
[04:00] | Or, look, look. I’ll give the paper back. | 我会把报纸还回去的 |
[04:42] | Yeah? | 谁 |
[04:44] | James McGill to see Mr. Richard Sipes. | 詹姆斯·麦吉尔来拜访理查德·赛普斯 |
[04:47] | Ricky, call me “Ricky.” | 里基 叫我里基就好 |
[04:49] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[05:19] | This is my assistant’s car. | 这是我助理的车 |
[05:23] | Well, my Mercedes is in the shop. | 我的奔驰还在店里维修 |
[05:26] | I ought to give him a raise. You’re right. | 看来我得给他涨工资了 你说得对 |
[05:32] | Jim, I saw you on the TV– | 吉米 我在电视上看到你了 |
[05:34] | that billboard thing. | 广告牌风云 |
[05:35] | And I had me a pair of insights. | 我发现了两个闪光点 |
[05:38] | Insight the first– | 第一个闪光点 |
[05:39] | you ain’t afraid to put yourself out there. | 你不怕舍身救人 |
[05:42] | And insight the second, | 第二个闪光点 |
[05:43] | you believe in the real America– | 你相信真正的美国精神 |
[05:46] | freedom, self-sufficiency. | 自由自在 自给自足 |
[05:49] | I do. I-I really do. | 我相信 我真的相信 |
[05:53] | When I see a man like you | 当我看到像你这样的人 |
[05:55] | driving that foreign shitbox of a car… | 开着那辆烂车 |
[05:57] | Well, see, actually, it’s– | 那辆车其实是 |
[05:58] | It’s a sign a good man can’t get ahead today. | 说明这年头 好人没有好报 |
[06:02] | It’s a damned travesty. That’s what it is. | 真是荒谬至极 |
[06:06] | Well, that may be, Ricky, | 也许是这样 里基 |
[06:08] | but… | 但是 |
[06:10] | I refuse to consider myself a victim. | 我不认为自己是个受害者 |
[06:15] | You know, we are once again at a point in our history | 历史再一次重演了 |
[06:19] | where the fly-swatting hand of government | 政府那苍蝇拍一样的大手 |
[06:22] | is crushing the spirit of entrepreneurship — | 正在扼杀企业家的自由灵魂 |
[06:25] | Taxes, OSHA requirements, | 税收 职业安全与健康管理局的要求 |
[06:28] | the I.N.S. poking their big, fat nose into every mother-loving hire. | 国新社用肥大的鼻子嗅着每一个雇员的动作 |
[06:34] | It’s damned oppressive. | 这是赤裸裸的压迫 |
[06:36] | It’s tragic. | 很不幸 |
[06:38] | It’s un-American. | 这是非美国式的 |
[06:43] | Jim, I think you are just the lawyer I need, | 吉米 我认为你就是我所需要的律师 |
[06:46] | ’cause I got me a case — major — I say, a major case. | 因为我的案子很大 是个大案子 |
[06:52] | Are you ready to clear your calendar? | 你准备好腾出时间了吗 |
[06:58] | Ricky, I’m all ears. | 里基 我洗耳恭听 |
[07:01] | I want to secede from the United States. | 我要脱离美利坚合众国 |
[07:05] | Now, I got 1,100 acres of property here, | 如今我在这里有4.4平方公里的房产 |
[07:08] | self-sustaining with solar power and wells, | 用太阳能和井水可以自给自足 |
[07:11] | a sovereign state immune to the business-killing regulations | 不受垄断条令约束的主权国 |
[07:16] | of the country in which it geographically lies. | 虽在美国地理范围内却不受管制 |
[07:20] | We are going to be America’s Vatican City. | 我们要成为美国的梵蒂冈城 |
[07:26] | Ricky… | 里基 |
[07:29] | I’m your man. | 我跟你干 |
[07:31] | Yeah, let’s do this. | 好啊 我们开始吧 |
[07:33] | Let’s show ’em all. | 让我们做给他们看 |
[07:40] | Yes! We are doing this! | 是的 我们就要这样做 |
[07:45] | Now, it’s not gonna be easy, sir. | 可是这条路不会一帆风顺的 |
[07:46] | I mean, the government is gonna fight us tooth and nail. | 政府会跟我们展开恶战 |
[07:49] | We could end up in the Supreme Court — | 最后我们可能会上最高法院 |
[07:51] | I’m talking thousands of man-hours — | 这可能要花费数千工时 |
[07:53] | I mean, years of effort. | 经过数年的努力 |
[07:57] | Are you ready for that? | 你准备好了吗 |
[08:00] | Me? | 我吗 |
[08:02] | I say bring ’em on. | 让他们放马过来吧 |
[08:04] | Let’s talk turkey. | 我们开诚布公地说吧 |
[08:06] | What’s your rate? | 你的收费标准是多少 |
[08:11] | $450 an hour. | 每小时四百五十元 |
[08:16] | The hell with hourly. | 不按小时算 |
[08:18] | I want you on retainer. | 直接付定金 |
[08:21] | How about $1 million even — | 一百万怎么样 |
[08:24] | $500,000 up front and $500,000 when we’re done? | 预付五十万 搞定后再付另一半 |
[08:29] | A million? | 一百万 |
[08:31] | That seems…fair. | 听起来 很公平 |
[08:35] | Would you like that in cash? | 你愿意收现金吗 |
[09:25] | Tax-free and backed by the full faith and credit | 免税而且有桑迪亚共和国的 |
[09:27] | of the sovereign Sandia Republic. | 十足信用作为担保 |
[09:32] | It’s, uh… | 这是… |
[09:36] | Son…you are getting in on the ground floor. | 小子 你占尽了先机啊 |
[10:01] | Mr. McGill, hi. | 麦吉尔先生你好 |
[10:03] | Thanks so much for coming. | 感谢你的到来 |
[10:04] | Roland Jaycocks. Roland. | 我是罗兰·杰科克斯 叫我罗兰 |
[10:06] | Hey, Roland. Great to meet you. | 罗兰 认识你很高兴 |
[10:08] | You can call me “Jimmy.” | 你可以叫我吉米 |
[10:09] | Jimmy, absolutely. | 吉米 当然了 |
[10:10] | Hello. Please, come on in. | 你好 请进 |
[10:12] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:14] | God, what was it like climbing that billboard? | 天呐 爬那个广告板是什么感觉 |
[10:15] | Must have been pretty scary, huh? | 一定很吓人吧 |
[10:18] | Guy needed help — that’s all. | 那个人需要帮助 仅此而已 |
[10:21] | You know, if I could do it, anybody could. | 其实我做的事 别人也都能做 |
[10:24] | Well, my hat is off to you. | 我很佩服你 |
[10:26] | So, here we are. | 就是这里了 |
[10:28] | And patent law is something you — | 专利法是不是你… |
[10:30] | Oh, yeah. In fact, I-I do so many patent cases, | 是的 实际上我接过很多专利案件 |
[10:33] | I should probably just go ahead and specialize already. | 我以后专接专利案件得了 |
[10:37] | So, what do we got? | 这是什么 |
[10:38] | – I feel silly asking this. – Yeah. | -我有个不情之请 -请说 |
[10:40] | But before I show you my invention, | 在我向你展示我的发明之前 |
[10:42] | would you mind signing a non-disclosure agreement? | 你介不介意签署一份保密协议 |
[10:44] | You got it. No problem. | 当然可以 没问题 |
[10:49] | It’s my idea of a lifetime. | 这是我毕生的心血 |
[10:51] | If Fisher-Price or Playskool ever got their hands on this… | 万一费雪或者孩之宝得知了这个想法… |
[10:54] | No worries. | 无需担心 |
[11:03] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[11:12] | I may have seen one of these before. | 我以前好像看过这样的东西 |
[11:15] | Not like this. | 和这个不一样 |
[11:17] | This one has this little unit I’ve added. | 我在这上面加了个小装置 |
[11:19] | This is my invention. | 这才是我的发明 |
[11:20] | – Do you have children? – No. | -你有孩子吗 -没有 |
[11:22] | My wife and I have two boys — 4 and 6. | 我和我妻子有两个男孩 一个四岁一个六岁 |
[11:24] | And let me tell you — toilet-training them? | 说真的 教他们学会上厕所 |
[11:26] | Nightmare, both times. | 真是场噩梦 两个都是 |
[11:29] | They just didn’t want to use the commode. | 他们不习惯用坐便器 |
[11:31] | So I wired a motion sensor to a voice chip, | 所以我在传感器上连了一个语音芯片 |
[11:33] | and, well, no sense getting all technical, | 没必要说得那么专业 |
[11:35] | but it’s all about positive reinforcement. | 关键就是正强化 |
[11:38] | Meet Tony the toilet buddy. | 这就是”如厕好伙伴托尼” |
[11:41] | And when you sit down to do your business, | 当你坐下去准备上厕所 |
[11:43] | this is how he works. | 它是这样工作的 |
[11:51] | Oh, yeah, that’s the way! | 对 就是这样 |
[11:59] | Gosh, you’re big! | 天呐 好大 |
[12:00] | You’re so big! | 你真大 |
[12:03] | My goodness! Look at you! | 天呐 你真棒 |
[12:10] | Fill me up, Chandler! | 快把我塞满 钱德勒 |
[12:11] | Put it in me! | 快放进来 |
[12:13] | Chandler’s my youngest — loves it. | 钱德勒是我的小儿子 他很喜欢 |
[12:18] | Give it to me, Chandler! I want it all! | 快给我 钱德勒 我想要 |
[12:27] | Anyway, it goes on from there. | 后面还有呢 |
[12:28] | You get the picture. | 不过大致就这样 |
[12:30] | Yeah, I, uh… | 没错 我… |
[12:34] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:36] | So, what do you think? | 那么你觉得怎么样 |
[12:40] | It’s a little sexual, maybe? | 这是不是太挑逗了 |
[12:45] | Sexual? What — what does that… | 挑逗 你是什么意思… |
[12:47] | Suggestive, maybe — | 带有某种暗示 可能 |
[12:48] | Maybe that’s a better word. | 可能这种说法比较合适 |
[12:51] | Look, I’m not — | 听着 我并没有 |
[12:52] | I’m not saying this thing won’t make you rich. | 我不是说这个发明不会让你发财 |
[12:54] | I mean, some of your wealthier Pacific rim nations — | 有些环太平洋国家的富人 |
[12:57] | They’ll love this — the crazy bastards. | 那帮变态疯子 他们会爱死这个的 |
[13:02] | I created this for children — children, understand? | 这项发明是面向孩子的 孩子 明白吗 |
[13:06] | Viagra was originally invented to treat hypertension. | 伟哥起初还是用来治疗高血压的呢 |
[13:10] | Look how that turned out. | 结果呢 |
[13:15] | You’re completely disgusting, you know that?! | 你真是叫人作呕 |
[13:17] | Hey, buddy, you’re the one with the sex toilet. | 伙计 你才是发明性爱马桶的人 |
[13:19] | Get off my property! | 马上滚出我家 |
[13:20] | Hey, you know what? | 对了 |
[13:21] | I hope you do make a fortune, | 我真心希望你能大赚一笔 |
[13:22] | ’cause Chandler’s gonna need it to help pay for his therapy! | 然后用这笔钱给钱德勒做心理治疗吧 |
[14:01] | I found the Alpine Shepherd boy! | 我找到了阿尔卑斯牧童 |
[14:31] | No, no. You just stay put. | 不 你就坐那儿 |
[14:33] | I’ll be right over. | 我这就过去 |
[15:19] | Now, where were we? | 我们说到哪儿了 |
[15:20] | Oh, would you like some more tea? | 再来点茶吧 |
[15:22] | No! No, thank you. I’m — I’m fine. | 不 谢谢 不用了 |
[15:24] | Now, the shepherd boy Hummel — | 那么牧羊少年赫梅尔 |
[15:26] | That’s gonna go to your nephew Clarence? | 是要留给你的侄子克拉伦斯吗 |
[15:28] | – As long as he finishes college. – Okay. | -只要他能念完大学 -好的 |
[15:30] | If he drops out, it goes to my niece Raylene. | 如果他辍学 那就留给我的侄女雷琳 |
[15:33] | But then, Raylene doesn’t get the girl — | 但雷琳就得不到那个姑娘… |
[15:35] | The girl with the geese. | 那个养鹅姑娘 |
[15:37] | Yeah. No, then that would go to your cousin Helen… | 那就留给你的表亲海伦 |
[15:41] | …so long as she never remarries Frederick? | 条件是她不和弗雷德里克复婚对吗 |
[15:44] | – Exactly. – Yeah. | -没错 -好的 |
[15:45] | And no matter what, I want the towheaded twins | 还有这对黄发双胞胎瓷人 |
[15:49] | to go to Reverend Lawrence’s grandson. | 我无论如何要留给劳伦斯教士的孙子 |
[15:51] | Um, don’t you mean Reverend Hanes? | 你是说黑尼斯教士吗 |
[15:54] | ‘Cause Reverend Lawrence’s grandson is going to get | 因为要留给劳伦斯教士孙子的 |
[15:56] | the, uh, Lute-playing angel, ’cause he was in the choir. | 是这个吹笛天使 他是唱诗班的 |
[16:01] | Very sharp, Mr. McGill. | 脑子转得真快 麦吉尔先生 |
[16:04] | And here I thought all lawyers were idiots. | 我还以为律师都是傻瓜呢 |
[16:07] | No, only half of us are idiots. | 一半是傻瓜 |
[16:09] | The other half are crooks. | 剩下的一半都是骗子 |
[16:12] | Aren’t you a spicy one? | 你真风趣 |
[16:15] | If I were 40 years younger, | 要是我再年轻四十岁 |
[16:17] | I’d have you buy me a Pina colada. | 我肯定会要你请我喝一杯果汁朗姆酒 |
[16:19] | Well, if you want me to draw up a DNR, | 如果你让我起草一份放弃急救同意书 |
[16:22] | I’ll bring a blender and some pineapple. | 我就带上搅拌机和菠萝 |
[16:25] | I knew I’d like you | 当我在电视上看到 |
[16:26] | when I saw how you saved that poor man on the television. | 你是如何英勇救人的时候我就喜欢上你了 |
[16:31] | Moxie is in such short supply these days. | 世风日下 勇气已经很少见了 |
[16:34] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:35] | Well, I pride myself on my moxie. | 我也很以自己的勇气为荣 |
[16:38] | Now, I hate to do this, | 虽然我不想这样 |
[16:39] | but I do need to bring up my payment. | 但我必须得说一下我的报酬问题 |
[16:42] | Um and I’m sorry, | 很抱歉 |
[16:43] | 绿色盾牌邮票 由S&H公司发售 集齐一套可兑换公司产品 | |
[16:43] | but I can’t accept S&H green stamps. | 我不接受绿色盾牌邮票作为支付方式 |
[16:48] | Now, uh, my fee is $140. | 我一共要收取您一百四十块 |
[16:53] | $140? | 一百四 |
[16:56] | I’ll gladly accept $70 today. | 您可以今天先给我七十块 |
[16:58] | And $70 when I come back | 等我把所有文件都准备好以后 |
[17:01] | with the completed documents, if… | 再把剩下的七十块给我 |
[17:22] | $20, $40, $60… | 二十 四十 六十 |
[17:27] | $80, $100… | 八十 一百 |
[17:32] | And $20, $40. | 一百二 一百四 |
[17:36] | Uh. Okay. | 好的 |
[17:43] | Shall we continue, Mr. McGill? | 麦吉尔先生 我们能继续了吗 |
[17:44] | Yes. Yes, we shall, Mrs. Strauss. | 当然了 我们继续 施特劳斯太太 |
[17:49] | Put it on the nail, not the skin. | 要涂在指甲上 别蹭到皮上 |
[17:52] | I can’t help it if your toes are too small. | 你的脚趾这么小 我也没办法 |
[17:55] | They should all be the same size — | 如果都长得一样大 |
[17:56] | the size of the big toe. | 都像大脚趾一样 |
[17:57] | That one I can do. | 那我就好办了 |
[17:59] | Yeah, that would be attractive. | 是啊 那样看起来才迷人 |
[18:03] | So… how’s it go again? | 你今天怎么样 |
[18:07] | Oh, you’re huge, Chandler! | 钱德勒 你好大噢 |
[18:12] | You’re a big, big boy! | 你真是个大家伙 |
[18:14] | Oh, where does it end?! | 还这么长 |
[18:17] | Oh, don’t stop, Chandler! | 别停啊 钱德勒 |
[18:19] | Don’t stop! | 别停 |
[18:21] | Oh, here it comes! | 哎呦 来了来了 |
[18:24] | Oh, what is that? | 那是什么啊 |
[18:25] | – Is that a piece of corn? – No, don’t. | -那是一粒玉米吗 -你别说了 |
[18:27] | Did you eat corn, Chandler? | 你是不是吃玉米了 钱德勒 |
[18:29] | – Is that a niblet I see, Chandler? – That’s disgusting. | -不会是玉米吧 钱德勒 -真恶心 |
[18:31] | – No, don’t. – Too much? | -求你别讲了 -你受不了了吗 |
[18:33] | Hey, good times. | 就是这么有趣 |
[18:35] | Oh. Even your lousy days | 你的生活就是再糟糕 |
[18:37] | are more interesting than my good ones. | 也比我那些好日子有趣 |
[18:38] | Yeah, well, we should definitely do something about that. | 是吗 那我们可得想办法改变一下了 |
[18:44] | Seriously, don’t ever try to make a living at this. | 说真的 你将来可千万别这样过活 |
[18:47] | Stick with the law. | 好好干你的律师吧 |
[18:49] | Yeah, because I’m really… | 是啊 因为只有在法律这一行里 |
[18:51] | lighting the world on fire in that department. | 我才能做出点颠覆世界的事 |
[18:54] | Did two wills today? | 你今天办理了两份遗嘱吗 |
[18:56] | Two wills, and I started a living trust. | 没错 还帮人起草了一份生前信托 |
[18:59] | Whoopee! Old people love me. | 老头老太太可待见我了 |
[19:02] | Maybe you got a future in Elder law. | 也许你可以考虑去做老年法律师 |
[19:04] | You think I could handle all that glamour? | 你觉得我能行吗 |
[19:05] | No, I’m serious. | 我可是认真的 |
[19:06] | I-I’ve thought about getting into Elder law myself. | 我自己也想做 |
[19:11] | I watched my grandmother at the end. | 我奶奶快不行的时候 我就在一旁看着 |
[19:13] | It’s… | 简直 |
[19:15] | It’s awful what people have to deal with — insurance companies. | 简直太可怕 不得不和保险公司周旋 |
[19:19] | My scumbag cousins stealing her savings and her pain meds. | 我那些混蛋堂兄弟偷了她的存款和止痛药 |
[19:24] | Getting old sucks. | 人老了很悲惨 |
[19:26] | Seniors need someone on their side. | 老年人需要有人支持 |
[19:36] | It’s Howard. | 是霍华德 |
[19:37] | What the hell does he want? | 他到底要干嘛 |
[19:43] | Hi, Howard. | 霍华德 |
[19:45] | Uh, no. I mean, I haven’t, uh… | 没有 我是说我还没… |
[19:49] | Oh, my god. When? | 天哪 什么时候 |
[19:53] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[19:53] | I’ll see if I can, um, track Jimmy down. | 我看我能不能找到吉米 |
[19:58] | I’ll call you back. S-sure. | 我会打给你的 没问题 |
[20:04] | It’s Chuck. | 你哥出事了 |
[20:16] | Chuck. | 查克 |
[20:17] | Chuck, you with me? | 查克 能听到我说话吗 |
[20:18] | Chuck, hey, buddy. It’s me. | 查克 是我啊 |
[20:20] | Hey, can you talk to me? | 你能说话吗 |
[20:23] | Jesus Christ. These sons of bitches. | 老天啊 真是帮混蛋 |
[20:28] | Hey, hey. Sir, you can’t do that. | 先生 快停下 |
[20:30] | – All of this needs to stay on. – No, no. No electricity. | -所有设备都得开着 -不行 不能有电 |
[20:33] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[20:34] | No, it needs to be on. I’m getting security. | 不行 设备必须得开着 我叫保安了 |
[20:36] | No, uh, wait, wait. | 你别去 等等 |
[20:37] | Wait, wait. Uh, no. Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 你等等 别去 等等啊 |
[20:39] | Huh? Why isn’t that one going out? | 那盏怎么没关 |
[20:39] | – Jimmy. Jimmy. – Damn it. | -吉米 吉米 -去死吧 |
[20:43] | I just — Jimmy, wait a second. Jimmy. Think. | 吉米 等下 吉米 冷静 |
[20:46] | – What’s the plan here? – Sir? Sir? | -你想干嘛 -先生 先生 |
[20:49] | Sir, I need you to get down from there. | 先生 请你下来 |
[20:51] | What the hell kind of torture chamber you running here? | 你们这是酷刑室吗 |
[20:53] | He — he’s allergic to electricity, all right? | 他对电流过敏 知道吗 |
[20:55] | You heard the doc. Get down now. | 你听到医生说的了 快下来 |
[20:56] | No, all these lights and machines — | 不 这些灯还有机器 |
[20:57] | you might as well throw him into a microwave. | 你还不如直接把他扔进微波炉里 |
[20:59] | – Come on down now. – No, don’t touch me! | -快下来 -别碰我 |
[21:00] | He is this patient’s brother. Please, listen to him. | 他是病人的弟弟 请听他说 |
[21:08] | – Hey, let’s go. – Hey. Wait. | -我们走 -等下 |
[21:10] | Hold on a second, Edwin. | 等一下 埃德温 |
[21:11] | Sir, are you ready to calm down now? | 先生 你平静下来了吗 |
[21:12] | Yes. His name is Jimmy, and, yes, he is gonna calm down. | 是的 他叫吉米 并且他会平静下来的 |
[21:15] | I need you to say the words, Jimmy. | 我需要你亲口说 吉米 |
[21:17] | I need to hear it from you. | 我需要听你说 |
[21:18] | I’m calm, okay? I’m calm. | 我很平静 好吗 平静 |
[21:22] | Edwin, why don’t you go wait in the hallway? | 埃德温 你到走廊去等好吗 |
[21:24] | I’ll call if we need you. | 需要的话我会叫你 |
[21:28] | Okay, so, tell me about the electricity. | 好了 跟我说说电流的事儿 |
[21:30] | Yeah, look, I know how it sounds, but it’s real. | 听着 我知道这听起来很荒谬 但是真的 |
[21:34] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[21:36] | My phone and stuff — anything with a battery in it — | 我的手机和其它有电池的东西 |
[21:39] | he can’t have it near him. | 都不能靠近他 |
[21:40] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[21:43] | – Here’s my phone. – Okay, that’s it. | -这是我的手机 -好了 这就行了 |
[21:46] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:53] | Okay, what the hell happened to him? | 好了 到底发生什么了 |
[21:55] | Why is he here? | 他为什么在这里 |
[21:55] | Apparently, it started when Charles stole his neighbor’s newspaper. | 很明显 查尔斯偷了邻居报纸 |
[21:59] | What? He — he never leaves the house. | 什么 他从来不离开房子 |
[22:01] | I don’t — I don’t have all the details, | 我不知道所有的细节 |
[22:02] | but the police found him in a very agitated state. | 但警察找到他时他非常激动 |
[22:04] | He was confrontational and incoherent. | 具有很强的攻击性并且语无伦次 |
[22:07] | How come you didn’t call me? | 你怎么不给我打电话 |
[22:09] | Uh, why did I have to hear about this | 我为什么要从我哥哥的 |
[22:10] | through my brother’s prick of a law partner? | 混蛋律师合伙人那里听到这些 |
[22:13] | The only contact information we could find | 我们找到的唯一联系方式 |
[22:15] | was a business card. | 是一张名片 |
[22:18] | Jimmy, in my opinion, Charles should be committed | 吉米 我的意见是 查尔斯需要住院 |
[22:21] | for 30 days of psychiatric observation. | 进行三十天的精神科观察 |
[22:24] | As a family member, | 作为家庭成员 |
[22:25] | you can submit a petition for him to be evaluated. | 你可以为他提交评估申请 |
[22:29] | There’s an excellent facility in Las Cruces. | 拉斯克鲁塞斯有家非常好的机构 |
[22:31] | He can be there tomorrow. | 他明天就可以去 |
[22:35] | I’d rather not. | 我还是不去了 |
[22:37] | Hey, buddy. Hey, I’m right here. | 伙计 我在这儿呢 |
[22:40] | Oh, hey, Chuck. | 查克 |
[22:41] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[22:43] | Mr. McGill, My name is Dr. Cruz. | 麦吉尔先生 我是克鲁兹医生 |
[22:46] | Do you know why you’re in the hospital? | 你知道你为什么在医院吗 |
[22:47] | The police kicked in my door — no warrant, no cause. | 警察强行进入 没有搜查证 没有理由 |
[22:53] | I wasn’t incoherent. | 我没有语无伦次 |
[22:54] | They just weren’t listening. | 只是他们不愿听我说 |
[22:56] | They tasered me, Jimmy. | 他们用了电击枪 吉米 |
[22:58] | Aw, jesus. | 天哪 |
[23:01] | Kim? | 金 |
[23:02] | I’m sorry. I can give you privacy. | 对不起 我回避下 |
[23:04] | Oh, no, no, no. That’s all right. Stay. | 不不不 没事儿的 留下来 |
[23:07] | Howard…called me. | 霍华德给我打电话 |
[23:08] | He’s very concerned about you. | 他很担心你 |
[23:10] | How are you feeling now, Mr. McGill? | 你现在感觉怎么样 麦吉尔先生 |
[23:12] | Uh, do — do you have a phone or a — a pager, | 你有手机或是传呼机吗 |
[23:16] | anything with a battery? | 任何装有电池的东西 |
[23:17] | I don’t think so. I… | 我觉得没有了 我 |
[23:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:27] | Oversight. Sorry about that. | 一时疏忽 抱歉 |
[23:31] | Can you tell me a little more about your…situation? | 你能跟我说说你现在的情况吗 |
[23:35] | It’s not a situation. | 这不是什么情况 |
[23:37] | It’s a condition — | 这是一种病症 |
[23:38] | electromagnetic hypersensitivity. | 电磁过敏症 |
[23:41] | For reasons unknown, my nervous system has become sensitized | 由于不明原因 我的神经系统 |
[23:44] | to certain frequencies of electromagnetic radiation. | 对特定频率的电磁辐射变得非常敏感 |
[23:48] | Your brother called it an allergy to electricity. | 你弟弟说你对电流过敏 |
[23:50] | Well, it’s an oversimplification, | 有点过度简化了 |
[23:53] | but it’s essentially correct. | 但基本上是正确的 |
[23:56] | Electronic devices create their own electromagnetic fields. | 电子设备会产生相应的电磁场 |
[24:02] | The closer I am to such devices, the worse my symptoms. | 我越是接近这种设备 我的症状就越严重 |
[24:05] | Which are? | 什么症状 |
[24:06] | Burning sensation on my skin, | 皮肤灼烧感 |
[24:09] | a sharp, cold pain in my bones, | 骨头里又冷得刺骨 |
[24:12] | muscle fatigue, heart palpitations, | 肌肉酸痛 心悸 |
[24:15] | blurred vision, tinnitus, | 视线模糊 耳鸣 |
[24:19] | vertigo, nausea, shortness of breath, | 眩晕 恶心 呼吸急促 |
[24:22] | – a general — – It hurts. | -总的来说… -很难受 |
[24:23] | Yes, it hurts. | 没错 很难受 |
[24:25] | When did you first experience these symptoms? | 你什么时候开始出现这种症状的 |
[24:29] | Oh, it must have been… | 肯定是… |
[24:31] | Y-you left the office 18 months ago. | 你一年半以前离开公司的 |
[24:33] | Huh. Well, in that case, uh, must have been almost two years. | 既然这样 那肯定有两年了 |
[24:37] | Two years? | 两年 |
[24:38] | That’s a — that’s a long time to live with discomfort. | 那你也算是忍了很久了 |
[24:42] | Oh, there it is. | 又来了 |
[24:45] | You think I’m crazy. | 你觉得我疯了 |
[24:47] | I never said that. | 我没这么说 |
[24:49] | No, you didn’t, because you’re very polite, | 你是没说 因为你很有礼貌 |
[24:51] | but you think it. | 但你是这么想的 |
[24:53] | Otherwise, you wouldn’t be talking about commitment. | 不然你不会跟我提什么送精神病院 |
[24:56] | You find that idea distressing. | 你不喜欢谈论那个吗 |
[24:57] | Who the hell wouldn’t? | 谁他妈会喜欢 |
[24:59] | I — I find it inappropriate | 我觉得这样对待一个 |
[25:01] | for a person suffering from a physical condition. | 肉体上遭受折磨的人实在是太不人道了 |
[25:07] | Anyone who’s spent more than a few minutes with me | 只要跟我多待段时间 |
[25:09] | knows that this isn’t some kind of delusion. | 就会知道这不是我的幻觉 |
[25:13] | Wouldn’t you agree, Kim? | 你同意吗 金 |
[25:14] | Of course she does. | 她当然同意 |
[25:16] | Well, I’m not a doctor. | 我又不是医生 |
[25:17] | You’ve known me for the better part of a decade. | 你都认识我快十年了 |
[25:20] | Have you ever seen me exhibit any sign — | 你见过我表现出任何征兆 |
[25:22] | any sign whatsoever of mental illness? | 任何精神疾病的征兆吗 |
[25:25] | See? | 看到没 |
[25:25] | I-if I thought for one second you could cure me, | 如果我觉得你能治好我 |
[25:28] | believe me, I’d jump at the chance. | 相信我 我绝对会把握这个机会 |
[25:30] | But with all due respect, | 但恕我冒犯 |
[25:31] | psychiatry doesn’t have the answers. | 找精神病医生是行不通的 |
[25:33] | I’d very much like to try. | 我愿意一试 |
[25:35] | Section 43-1-11, part E13. | 第43章第一条第十一点 E13部分 |
[25:39] | “The proposed commitment is consistent with | “入院申请要与病人的 |
[25:40] | “the treatment needs of the client | “实际治疗需求相吻合 |
[25:43] | and with the least drastic means principle.” | 并且要避免采取极端手段” |
[25:47] | Do you think subjecting me to this kind of pain for a month | 你们觉得让我忍受这种痛苦一个月 |
[25:50] | is the least drastic means? | 不算是极端手段吗 |
[25:51] | He might as well spend a month in a wood chipper. | 还不如把他扔到削木机里一个月 |
[25:56] | I understand your frustration. I do. | 我知道你很难受 真的 |
[26:00] | You’re obviously a highly intelligent man | 你显然头脑非常清楚 |
[26:02] | in difficult circumstances. | 只是身体状况不如人意 |
[26:07] | May I ask you a question, just for my own interest? | 我能问你个问题吗 只是我个人好奇 |
[26:11] | How do you meet the needs of daily life? | 你怎么解决你的一些日常需要呢 |
[26:14] | What do you do for light, or… | 要照明怎么办呢 |
[26:15] | how do you prepare food? | 或者怎么准备食物 |
[26:17] | I use white-gas lanterns. | 我用无铅汽油灯 |
[26:19] | For cooking, I have a camp stove. | 煮饭的话我有个便携炉 |
[26:21] | I have a large cooler I keep filled with ice. | 我还有个冷却器 要不停往里面加冰块 |
[26:25] | It’s not ideal, but I make do. | 虽然不好用 但还凑合 |
[26:29] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[26:30] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:32] | Would you mind if I took a moment | 如果你不介意的话 |
[26:34] | to speak with your brother? | 我能和你弟弟谈谈吗 |
[26:36] | Oh, uh, make sure you still have your wallet when you’re done. | 谈完后确认下你的钱包还在自己身上 |
[26:40] | Funny guy. | 真好笑 |
[26:42] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[26:46] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[26:57] | That was a dirty trick. | 这招太损了 |
[26:58] | That wasn’t a trick — it was a demonstration. | 那不是什么花招 是为了证实 |
[27:01] | This allergy to electricity isn’t real — | 他对电流不过敏 |
[27:03] | It’s a manifestation of something deeper. | 只是某种深层情绪的表达 |
[27:05] | I’m not saying it’s 100% real, okay? | 我没说百分百是真的 好吗 |
[27:07] | But Chuck is smarter than you and me put together, | 但是查克比咱们俩加起来都聪明 |
[27:09] | so we’re not talking him out of this, | 所以没办法说服他 |
[27:11] | and I’m not sending him to a rubber room. | 我也不会让他住到橡胶室[治疗精神病]里 |
[27:14] | No one is talking about rubber rooms. | 没人说要送到橡胶室 |
[27:16] | There are specialists who will — | 有专家能… |
[27:17] | He’s seen specialists, okay? | 他看过专家了 |
[27:18] | The best doctors from here to Denver, | 这里到丹佛最好的医生都看过 |
[27:20] | and none of them helped — not one. | 没人能帮得上忙 谁也不行 |
[27:21] | So you’re ready to give up. | 所以你是打算放弃了吗 |
[27:23] | Who’s giving up, huh? | 谁要放弃了 |
[27:25] | I’m — I’m the one doing the heavy lifting here. | 一直是我在照顾他好吗 |
[27:28] | That white gas he was talking about — | 他说的无铅汽油灯– |
[27:29] | who do you think brings him that? | 你觉得是谁给他的 |
[27:31] | And milk and bread and toilet paper | 还有牛奶 面包 厕纸 |
[27:32] | and ice and every other damn thing he needs. | 冰块 他的一切必需品 |
[27:34] | Is that helping or enabling? | 你是在帮他还是纵容他 |
[27:38] | If you testify in a custodial hearing, | 如果你在监护权听证会上作证 |
[27:40] | he can get the help he needs — that’s in your power. | 他就能得到需要的帮助 你有能力这么做 |
[27:43] | To be committed involuntarily, | 非自愿被送入精神病院 |
[27:45] | he has to be a danger to himself or others. | 他必须对自己或他人构成威胁 |
[27:47] | And he is. | 他确实很危险 |
[27:49] | Coleman lanterns indoors, a camp stove? | 室内用科勒曼汽油灯 便携炉 |
[27:52] | I mean, he could burn his house down | 他有可能把房子烧了 |
[27:53] | or the entire neighborhood, | 甚至把整个小区都烧着 |
[27:54] | and then you’re looking at a commitment of 10 to 20 years. | 到时候他就得在精神病院呆十几二十年了 |
[27:58] | What if — | 要是 |
[27:59] | What if he just hurts himself in a household accident? | 要是他在家中伤了他自己怎么办 |
[28:01] | How does he call for help? | 他怎么呼救 |
[28:06] | You have the power to help your brother — | 你有能力帮助你哥哥 |
[28:09] | truly help him. | 给他真正的帮助 |
[28:13] | Ignoring this won’t make it go away. | 你逃避不了这个现实 |
[28:21] | What would you do? | 要是你你会怎么做 |
[28:24] | All I know is… | 我只知道 |
[28:26] | he needs help. | 他需要帮助 |
[28:37] | Untie him. | 放了他 |
[28:39] | I’m getting him out of here. | 我要带他走 |
[28:43] | A nurse will bring you the release forms. | 护士会把出院登记表拿给你 |
[28:59] | Oh, boy. | 总算来了 |
[29:02] | – Jimmy. Jimmy. – I found him. | -吉米 吉米 -我找到他了 |
[29:05] | I thought I’d wait till you got here. | 我觉得我应该等你来 |
[29:07] | Great. How’s he doing? | 太好了 他怎么样了 |
[29:09] | Better. Resting. | 好多了 正在休息 |
[29:10] | Good. | 那就好 |
[29:13] | Uh, Jimmy… | 那个 吉米… |
[29:14] | I want you to know that I’ve talked to the D.A., | 我已经和地检官谈过了 |
[29:17] | and he absolutely will not sign off on any commitment papers. | 他绝对不会在任何入院书上签字的 |
[29:20] | This is a physical condition, not a mental one. | 这是身体问题 不是精神上的问题 |
[29:23] | Chuck is of sound mind. | 查克心智很健全 |
[29:24] | I think we can all agree on that. | 在这一点上我们应该能达成一致 |
[29:27] | You’re a real peach, Howard. | 你干得真好啊 霍华德 |
[29:29] | Of course you don’t want Chuck committed. | 你当然不希望查克被送进精神病院 |
[29:31] | No, I don’t. Why would I? | 是啊 我是不希望 我为什么希望 |
[29:34] | Because if Chuck were committed, | 因为如果查克入院了 |
[29:35] | then I’d become his legal guardian, | 我就会成为他的法定监护人 |
[29:37] | and I cash him out of HHM. | 就可以让他从律所撤股了 |
[29:39] | Jesus, Jimmy. Now? | 天哪 吉米 你确定 |
[29:40] | You want to hash that out while he’s lying in here? | 他还躺在那里 你真的要谈这个吗 |
[29:42] | You know, the tanning bed must have melted your brain | 日光浴床肯定把你脑子烧坏了 |
[29:43] | If you think for one second — | 如果你花一秒钟想一想 |
[29:44] | Guys — Chuck. That’s why we’re here. | 伙计们 我们的重点应该是查克 |
[29:47] | Yes. Let’s stay on point. | 对 别跑题 |
[29:49] | We’re talking about the well-being of a man | 我们是在谈论一个人的健康问题 |
[29:51] | whom we all love very much. | 我们都很爱他 |
[29:53] | There’s many factors at play. | 问题是有点复杂 |
[29:54] | Spite doesn’t have to be one of them. | 但请勿夹杂恶意 |
[29:56] | You know what, Howard? | 知道吗 霍华德 |
[29:57] | I was on the fence till you showed up, | 你没来之前我还在犹豫 |
[29:58] | but thanks for helping me decide. | 多谢你帮我做了决定 |
[30:00] | Wave bye-bye to your cash cow, | 跟你的摇钱树说拜拜吧 |
[30:02] | ’cause it’s leaving the pasture. | 因为你马上就会失去它了 |
[30:04] | I’m committing him. | 我这就送他入院 |
[30:10] | Jimmy. Uh, J– wait. | 吉米 等一下 |
[30:12] | Jimmy, wait. Jimmy. | 吉米 等等 吉米 |
[30:14] | Jimmy, can you wait? | 吉米 等一下好吗 |
[30:16] | Jimmy, wait a second. | 吉米 等等 |
[30:18] | Listen, I agree that Chuck needs help, | 听着 我知道查克需要帮助 |
[30:19] | and maybe it’s the right thing to do, | 也许你确实应该这样做 |
[30:21] | but you can’t do it like this. | 但是你不能采取这种方式 |
[30:24] | I just want to see that son of a bitch sweat. | 我就想让那个杂种着急 |
[30:27] | It’s so obvious what he’s afraid of. | 明眼人一看就知道他怕什么 |
[30:30] | I’m taking my brother home. | 我要带我哥回家了 |
[30:45] | There you go, buddy. | 到这边来 老哥 |
[30:46] | Yeah. There you go. | 这边 |
[30:48] | Okay, some steps. One and two. | 注意台阶 一步 两步 |
[30:51] | And there you go. | 往这边 |
[30:53] | Hey, you’re home, all right? | 你回家了 |
[30:55] | Everything’s gonna be all right. | 会没事的 |
[30:58] | Uh, you want something to eat — | 想吃点东西吗 |
[31:00] | Uh, some tea — a cup of tea? | 喝茶 喝杯茶吗 |
[31:03] | – Coffee? – Yeah. | -咖啡 -行 |
[31:05] | Coffee. Coffee it is. | 咖啡 那就咖啡了 |
[31:08] | Uh, Jimmy, I’m — I’m — I’m gonna need my… | 吉米 我要我的… |
[31:12] | I don’t — I-I-I-I… | 我不… |
[31:14] | Oh, it’s… | 它在… |
[31:18] | Yeah. | 行 |
[32:02] | You want to talk about this? | 想聊聊这事吗 |
[32:05] | – There’s nothing to talk about. – You took the paper. | -没什么好聊的 -你拿了报纸 |
[32:07] | You saw this. | 你看到了 |
[32:08] | You got sick. | 然后犯病了 |
[32:12] | What’s your point? | 你什么意思 |
[32:13] | Chuck, I think you got sick ’cause you saw this story. | 查克 你犯病是因为看到这则新闻了吧 |
[32:18] | No, w– whenever you think I’ve done something wrong, | 每次你觉得我做了坏事 |
[32:21] | something questionable, you get worse. | 可疑的事 病情就更严重 |
[32:24] | I didn’t get sick | 我犯病 |
[32:25] | because I read about you in the paper. | 不是因为看到你上了报纸 |
[32:26] | I got sick | 我犯病 |
[32:27] | because I went out of my house to retrieve the paper. | 是因为我出门取报纸 |
[32:33] | I’m too tired for this argument, Jimmy. | 我好累 不想吵了 吉米 |
[32:35] | I-I’ve had it too many times. | 都吵过那么多次了 |
[32:37] | You think this is the return of Slippin’ Jimmy, | 你以为我又变回风流吉米了 |
[32:40] | – but it’s not. – All right. | -但其实没有 -好吧 |
[32:42] | Uh, you think the billboard thing was unethical, | 你觉得广告牌的事不道德 |
[32:46] | but it was…promotion. | 但这是…宣传 |
[32:48] | It was advertising — that’s all. | 这是广告 仅此而已 |
[32:49] | Which wasn’t even allowed until five supreme court justices | 在贝茨对亚利桑那州律师协会一案中 |
[32:52] | went completely bonkers in Bates vs. State Bar of Arizona. | 五位大法官发了疯才允许律师打广告 |
[32:56] | But in any event… | 但不管怎样 |
[32:59] | it’s legal. | 这是合法的 |
[33:00] | If you want to advertise, that’s your business. | 你想打广告是你自己的事[生意] |
[33:02] | “Business” being the operative word there, Chuck, | “生意”是个关键词 查克 |
[33:04] | because I-I have gotten business off of this — | 因为打广告才有生意 |
[33:08] | legit business — wills, uh, trusts. | 合法的生意 订立遗嘱 接受委托 |
[33:11] | Uh, I’m — I’m kind of starting to specialize in Elder law. | 我开始专攻老年法案子 |
[33:16] | Elder law? | 老年法 |
[33:16] | Yeah, the things the elderly have to deal with — | 是 老年人要处理的事 |
[33:19] | I mean, you know, relatives coming after their savings, | 比如亲戚觊觎他们的存款 |
[33:22] | telemarketers, reverse-mortgage scams — | 电话推销员 反向抵押贷款诈骗 |
[33:24] | I mean, getting old sucks. | 人老了很悲惨 |
[33:27] | Seniors need someone on their side, so… | 老年人需要有人支持 所以… |
[33:29] | You’re looking at him. | 我就是那个支持他们的人 |
[33:33] | Well, that sounds… | 听起来很… |
[33:35] | promising. | 有前途 |
[33:36] | But it has nothing to do with my condition. | 但跟我的病情没什么关系 |
[33:39] | Chuck, listen. I’m gonna make you a promise right now, okay? | 查克 听我说 我现在向你承诺 行吗 |
[33:42] | No, not necessary, not requested. | 不用 没必要 不强求 |
[33:44] | Okay. | 行 |
[33:45] | The billboard was a one-time thing. | 广告牌的事就这一次 |
[33:47] | I-I-I’m a good lawyer. | 我是名好律师 |
[33:49] | I just needed some razzmatazz, you know, | 我只是需要点噱头 |
[33:51] | to get the ball rolling, some showmanship — | 一些技巧 才能行动起来 |
[33:53] | That’s all it was. | 仅此而已 |
[33:54] | It’s done now. It’s over. | 不会有下次了 |
[33:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[33:56] | From here on out, I’m gonna play by the rules. | 从今以后 我要规规矩矩 |
[33:58] | As any lawyer should. | 律师都该这样 |
[34:00] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[34:01] | There are clients out there who need me, | 有很多委托人需要我 |
[34:03] | and I’m gonna give them the best representation | 我会竭尽所能给他们 |
[34:05] | I know how to provide. | 最好的代理 |
[34:06] | I-I’m on the up-and-up, okay? | 我要光明磊落 行吗 |
[34:09] | I will be good. | 我会改过 |
[34:11] | Slippin’ Jimmy — | 风流吉米 |
[34:12] | He’s back in Cicero, dead and buried. | 早就死在了西塞罗市 |
[34:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:24] | We’ll see. | 我们走着瞧 |
[34:26] | Where you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[34:28] | Somebody’s got to make that coffee. | 总得有人煮咖啡啊 |
[34:38] | I’m sure the truth will come out, | 一定会真相大白的 |
[34:40] | if, indeed, that’s what we’re all interested in. | 如果我们都希望得知真相 |
[34:44] | I know everybody in this courtroom | 我知道在座各位 |
[34:46] | has strong feelings about Nicholas Baron’s past, | 对尼古拉斯男爵的过去深表同情 |
[34:49] | but I submit he is not on trial here for his past. | 但我认为他并非因为自己的过去而受审 |
[34:54] | He is on trial for the murders of Donald Kovack | 而是因为谋杀唐纳德·科瓦奇 |
[34:57] | and Eddie Alonzo. | 和埃迪·阿朗佐 |
[35:01] | Single-breasted… | 单排扣 |
[35:05] | Light blue or cream. | 淡蓝色还是淡黄色 |
[35:09] | Blue. | 蓝色 |
[35:12] | Linen. | 亚麻布 |
[35:23] | S-single pocket. | 单个口袋 |
[36:40] | Hello, there. | 你好 |
[36:41] | James McGill, attorney at law. | 我叫詹姆斯·麦吉尔 是名律师 |
[36:44] | How are you this fine morning? | 上午感觉怎么样 |
[36:45] | – I’m just fine. And how about you? – Very good. | -还不错 你呢 -非常好 |
[36:48] | Play fair. | 别耍赖哦 |
[36:50] | Oh, what do we got here? | 地上掉了什么 |
[36:52] | I see. | 知道了 |
[36:53] | A piece is trying to get away. | 这一块想逃跑 |
[36:57] | Enjoy the jello. | 果冻吃得开心 |
[36:58] | Get to the bottom. | 要吃完哦 |
[37:00] | Wait. Who’s the banker here? | 慢着 这里谁是银行家 |
[37:02] | That’s the only one I want to talk to. There he is. | 我只想和银行家说话 在这呢 |
[37:04] | How are ya? | 你好吗 |
[37:05] | I’m good. Whoa! What a grip, young man! | 我很好 你手劲像小伙子 |
[37:08] | Yeah, watch out. | 轻点握 |
[37:08] | That’s my will-writing hand. | 我这只手要写遗嘱 |
[37:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:13] | Hello, ladies. You look beautiful today. | 女士们好 今天很美 |
[37:16] | All right over there? | 那边还好吗 |
[37:18] | Very good. Play fair. | 我很好 别耍赖哦 |
[37:21] | Ah, no betting. | 不玩钱 |
[37:22] | Oh, wait a second. Is that Veronica Lake? | 慢着 你是维罗妮卡·莱克吗 |
[37:25] | Give me a hug, beautiful. | 抱一个 美人 |
[37:27] | Yes. You look great today. | 你今天气色不错 |
[37:30] | All right, no cheating. No hiding the tablet. | 别出千 药都吃了 别藏起来 |
[37:32] | Oh, what do we have here? | 这里在干什么 |
[37:44] | Hey, there he is — the man in the booth, | 他在这呢 房间[布思]里的人 |
[37:47] | John Wilkes Booth, | 约翰·威尔克斯·布思[刺杀林肯者] |
[37:48] | Booth Tarkington. | 布思·塔金顿[小说家] |
[37:49] | What you reading there? | 在看什么呢 |
[37:51] | “The complete annotated book of rules for parking validation”? | 《停车场认证规则全解》吗 |
[37:55] | No. | 不是 |
[37:56] | The rules for parking validation are actually pretty simple. | 停车场认证规则非常简单 |
[37:59] | Most people get it on the first try. | 大部分人一次就懂 |
[38:03] | Well, you’ll be pleased to know | 你要知道肯定很开心 |
[38:04] | I have the requisite stickers. | 我拿到了足量的贴纸 |
[38:07] | Well, be still my heart. | 有什么好开心的 |
[38:10] | And… | 然后 |
[38:12] | you can have this, as well. | 再给你一张这个 |
[38:14] | I’m doing Elder law now. | 我现在主攻老年法 |
[38:16] | Need a will? Call McGill. | 要立遗嘱吗 找麦吉尔 |
[38:18] | So, give me a call if you, uh — | 打我电话 如果你… |
[38:22] | uh, if, uh, you happen to know any elders. | 如果你碰巧认识老人 |
[38:28] | Good night. | 今晚愉快 |
[38:29] | Couldn’t have a bad one if I tried. | 今晚差不到哪里去 |
[39:06] | – Good night. – Night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[42:22] | Out here in the hall and everything? | 你怎么在过道里 |
[42:23] | Don’t be so silly. | 别傻了 |
[42:24] | Well, there’s nobody around. | 反正又没人 |
[42:25] | Oh, but you never can tell | 就算有人 |
[42:25] | – when there’s someone around. – Then I’ll come in. | -你也不知道 -我要进去 |
[42:27] | Oh, no, Dan, I wouldn’t come in if I were you. | 不 丹 我要是你就不进去 |
[42:28] | Really, we’re going to be awfully late. | 我们真要迟到了 |
[42:30] | Well, don’t be bashful, Lucy. | 别害羞 露西 |
[42:31] | Well, I’m not bashful, but I’ve never kissed you before, | 我没害羞 但我从没亲过你 |
[42:33] | and I don’t think this is exactly the place. | 我觉得这地方不合适 |
[42:36] | Gosh, if you knew how crazy I am about you, | 天 要是你知道我有多爱你 |
[42:38] | you wouldn’t hesitate — I can’t sleep nights. | 你就不会犹豫了 我夜不能寐 |
[42:40] | Oh, why don’t you take some hot milk? | 为什么不喝点热牛奶 |
[42:41] | I guess I must be in love, ’cause it started right — | 我觉得自己爱上你了 因为… |
[43:18] | Long way from home, aren’t you? | 离家很远吧 |
[43:20] | You and me both. | 我们都是 |