时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | 奥马哈 品质保证 两百年历史 | |
[00:36] | 辛那邦[美国烘焙连锁店] 内布拉斯加州 | |
[02:55] | Yeah, that is some detail. | 这细节真不错 |
[02:56] | That is some western detail right there — | 真是具有西部风情的细节 |
[02:59] | Western detail, attention to detail. | 看看这西部风情的细节 |
[03:00] | Look, he’s even got the spurs on the back of his boots. | 看啊 他靴子背后竟然还有马刺 |
[03:03] | – And they are sharp. – I love it. | -还很锋利 -我喜欢 |
[03:05] | They are. | 真的很锋利 |
[03:06] | Well, the clock is gone on this piece, Christine, so… | 介绍这件已经超时了 克里斯汀… |
[03:08] | Oh, my goodness! Well, let’s just move on. | 天啊 那我们继续下一件 |
[03:10] | Well, from time to time, people make mistakes — that’s okay. | 人嘛 有时候是会犯错误 没事的 |
[03:14] | This is our first Renoir of the evening. | 这是今晚第一件雷诺阿[法国画家]作品 |
[03:17] | This is a heliogravure, which is an etching. | 是一件凹版作品 就是一种蚀刻画 |
[03:20] | It was hand-pulled from a copper plate in Paris in 1919. | 1919年于巴黎 用一块铜板手工打造 |
[03:23] | We know this because that’s what it says on the back, | 我们之所以知道 是因为这背后的 |
[03:25] | where the certificate of authenticity is located. | 防伪证书上面有写 |
[03:28] | Just as lovely as can be. | 真是高雅到了极致 |
[03:29] | Look at the soft, delicate shading — very feminine. | 看看这柔和细腻的色差 极富阴柔之美 |
[03:32] | This is a limited edition. | 这可是限量版 |
[03:34] | This is what you’re looking for if you are a Renoir fan. | 如果你钟爱雷诺阿的作品 千万不要错过 |
[03:38] | 100 — oh, my goodness. Right at the buzzer. | 天啊 时间刚好 |
[03:40] | Good. | 不错 |
[03:41] | …of the few exceptions is the African pancake tortoise, | 非洲饼干陆龟是个例外 |
[03:45] | which has a flat, flexible shell | 它有扁平且灵活的壳 |
[03:47] | that allows it to hide in rock crevasses. | 可以让它藏匿于岩石裂缝中 |
[03:49] | Big swath of light to moderate snow | 一场大规模小到中雪 |
[03:52] | from the Broken Bow area down toward Kearney, Hastings, | 从布罗肯鲍地区南下科尔尼 海斯廷斯 |
[03:54] | Grand Island — that is all moving in our direction. | 格兰德岛 正朝我们这里前进 |
[03:57] | So I do think, around 7:00 to 8:00, | 所以我认为 七点到八点左右 |
[03:59] | the snow will become pretty steady here across the region | 整个地区会开始持续降雪 |
[04:03] | with all this moving on top of us, | 随着降雪向我们逼近 |
[04:05] | and that’s really gonna knock down visibilities. | 能见度也会下降不少 |
[04:07] | And, again, | 当然 |
[04:07] | snow-covered roads are gonna be definitely likely this evening, | 今晚的道路很有可能会积雪 |
[04:11] | making it even slippier — or more… | 会变得更滑 比… |
[04:13] | …more slippery than it is out there at this time. | 比现在外面的道路更滑 |
[04:16] | There’s that winter-weather advisory in effect | 有关部门已发布冬季天气预警 |
[04:18] | until very early tomorrow morning. | 直至明早 |
[04:20] | We’re gonna talk snowfall totals. | 我们再来看降雪总量 |
[04:25] | Will bitter, cold weather | 寒冷天气 |
[04:26] | help break up the compaction issues | 是否有助于解决今秋田地里 |
[04:27] | we created this fall in our fields? | 出现的土壤压实问题呢 |
[04:29] | Well, we’ll show you where it will and | 在今天的《钢铁对话》[一档农业节目]中 |
[04:32] | where it won’t during today’s Iron Talk. | 我们将告诉你这一情况 |
[04:33] | When it comes to compaction… | 说起土壤压实 |
[04:34] | …there’s really two different types of compaction. | 有两种不同类型的土壤压实 |
[04:36] | There’s vertical compaction, | 一是垂直压实 |
[04:38] | and there’s horizontal compaction. | 二是水平压实 |
[04:40] | And there’s a big difference. | 两者有很大差异 |
[04:41] | With horizontal compaction, | 如果是水平压实 |
[04:43] | there really isn’t much hope for help from a freeze thaw. | 冻融是没有什么用处的 |
[04:45] | And the reason why, as that hard, compacted layer swells | 因为坚硬紧实的地层膨胀 |
[04:49] | and then, in the spring, thaws back out and settles back down, | 在春天解冻后会重回原位 |
[04:53] | there’s really no breaking up of the compaction. | 其实根本没有打破压实层 |
[04:55] | With a vertical zone, when compaction swells out, | 而垂直空间上 压实层向外膨胀 |
[04:58] | and then it breaks up in the spring, | 到春天就会破裂 |
[05:00] | then you can actually get a little bit of help. | 这样一来问题就好办了 |
[05:02] | So if you have some horizontal compaction created by | 如果在过度潮湿的情况下耕作 |
[05:05] | doing some tillage when it was a little too wet, or… | 导致出现了水平压实… |
[05:15] | Don’t let false allegations bully you into an unfair fight. | 不要让虚假指控害你陷入不公平的公司 |
[05:19] | Hi, I’m Saul Goodman, and I will do the fighting for you. | 你好 我是索尔·古德曼 我会为你而战 |
[05:23] | No charge is too big for me. | 我能搞定任何指控 |
[05:25] | When legal forces have you cornered, better call Saul! | 面临法律效力走投无路时 不如打给索尔 |
[05:30] | I’ll get your case dismissed. | 我会让你的案子撤销 |
[05:32] | I’ll give you the defense you deserve. Why? | 我会给你应得的辩护 为什么 |
[05:35] | Because I’m Saul Goodman, attorney-at-law. | 因为我是律师索尔·古德曼 |
[05:37] | I investigate, advocate, persuade, | 我既会调查 又会辩护 还会说服别人 |
[05:40] | and, most importantly, win! Win…win…win! | 最重要的是 我会打赢官司 |
[05:42] | Better call Saul. | 不如打给索尔 |
[05:46] | Do you feel doomed? | 你是否感到绝望 |
[05:47] | Have opponents of freedom wrongly intimidated you? | 是否遭受敌人威胁 自由难保 |
[05:50] | Maybe they told you that you’re in serious trouble | 或许他们告诉你 你惹了大麻烦 |
[05:52] | and there’s nothing you can do about it. | 你束手无策 不知所措 |
[05:53] | I’m Saul Goodman, | 我是索尔·古德曼 |
[05:54] | and I’m here to tell you that they’re wrong. | 让我来告诉你 他们错了 |
[05:57] | It’s never too late for justice. Better call… | 争取正义 为时不晚 不如打给… |
[06:14] | 新墨西哥州第二司法管辖区 公平 | |
[07:33] | Think back… your brain… | 回想一下… 你的大脑… |
[07:36] | I-it’s just not all there yet. | 已经记不太清了 |
[07:38] | If we were all held responsible for what we did when we were 19… | 如果我们都要为19岁时做的事负责 |
[07:45] | I remember what it was like to be a kid. Think back. | 我还记得小时候的感觉 回想一下 |
[07:51] | Tell ’em, judge, what would you say? | 告诉他们 法官大人 你怎么想 |
[07:54] | These boys — 19. | 这些男孩儿 19岁 |
[07:56] | I can’t — I don’t — | 我不能… 我不… |
[07:58] | these three young men… | 这三个年轻小伙儿 |
[08:00] | Just like you. | 就像曾经的你们 |
[08:01] | Just like you. | 就像曾经的你们 |
[08:19] | Oh, to be 19 again, you with me, ladies and gentlemen? | 女士们先生们 想象一下重返19岁的感觉 |
[08:22] | Do you remember 19? | 还记得你们的19岁吗 |
[08:25] | Let me tell you, the juices are flowing. | 十九岁时风华正茂 |
[08:28] | The red corpuscles are corpuscling, | 血气方刚 精力旺盛 |
[08:30] | the grass is green, and it’s soft, | 草地又绿又软 |
[08:33] | and summer’s gonna last forever. | 夏日永不结束 |
[08:38] | Now, do you remember? | 你们还记得吗 |
[08:39] | Yeah, you do. | 当然记得 |
[08:42] | But if you’re being honest, I mean, well, really honest, | 但说真的 扪心自问 |
[08:45] | you’ll recall that you also had | 你们会想起来 那时的自己 |
[08:47] | an underdeveloped 19-year-old brain. | 还有一颗发育不全的19岁大脑 |
[08:50] | Me, personally, I-it, if I were held accountable | 就我个人来说 如果我要为 |
[08:54] | for some of the stupid decisions I made | 19岁时做出的蠢事负责 |
[08:56] | when I was 19, oh, boy, wow. | 我的天 |
[09:00] | And I bet if we were in church right now, | 我们现在要是在教堂 |
[09:01] | I’d get a big “Amen!” | 你们都会向我说”阿门”[表示赞同] |
[09:04] | Which brings us to these three– | 所以说回到本案主角 |
[09:07] | now, these three knuckleheads, | 也就是这三个蠢货 |
[09:11] | and I’m sorry, boys, but that’s what you are– | 很抱歉 但你们的确是蠢货 |
[09:13] | they did a dumb thing. We’re not denying that. | 他们做了件蠢事 这点无可否认 |
[09:16] | However, I would like you to remember two salient facts. | 不过 我想请各位记住两点重要事实 |
[09:19] | Fact one, nobody got hurt, not a soul. | 第一 没有人受伤 完全没有 |
[09:23] | Very important to keep that in mind. | 这点非常重要 |
[09:25] | Fact two, now, the prosecution | 第二 控方一直 |
[09:28] | keeps bandying this term “Criminal trespass.” | 揪着”非法闯入”这个词不放 |
[09:32] | Mr. Spinowzo, the property owner, | 斯宾诺佐先生 也就是房子的主人 |
[09:34] | admitted to us that he keeps most portions of his business | 向我们承认 他大部分的店铺 |
[09:38] | open to the public both day and night. | 日夜向公众开放 |
[09:40] | So, trespassing? | 闯入 |
[09:45] | That’s a bit of a reach, don’t you think, Dave? | 这个词有点过了 不是吗 戴夫 |
[09:49] | Here’s what I know– | 据我所知 |
[09:50] | these three young men, near honors students all, | 这三位年轻人 几乎都是荣誉学生 |
[09:55] | were feeling their oats one Saturday night, | 周六晚有点兴奋 |
[09:57] | and they just… went a little bananas. | 脑袋不清楚 干了些傻事 |
[10:02] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[10:03] | Call me crazy, but I don’t think they deserve | 你们可以当我疯了 但我认为 |
[10:05] | to have their bright futures ruined | 他们的大好前程 |
[10:08] | by a momentary, minute, | 不应被一时迷失心智 |
[10:10] | never-to-be-repeated lapse of judgment. | 永不会再犯的小错毁掉 |
[10:14] | Ladies and gentlemen, you’re bigger than that. | 各位 所谓大人不记小人过 |
[11:16] | – Kenny, Kenny, are you rolling? – Yeah, yeah. Wait a minute. | -肯尼 你在录吗 -在录 等一下 |
[11:19] | But, dude, but, dude, pipe down. Chill out, would you? | 老兄 小声点 别这么激动 |
[11:22] | Hey, Mrs. Watson’s fourth-period biology class, | 沃特森老师第四节生物课的同学们 |
[11:24] | this one’s for you. Watch and learn, losers. | 这个是专门为你准备的 好好学着吧 |
[11:29] | – Oh, God! – Dude! Where did all the blood go?! | -天呐 -怎么都没有血 |
[11:33] | Dude, he’s dead. they suck it all out, dumbass. | 他都死了 血早就抽干了 |
[11:35] | Awesome. Where do they put it? | 真棒 他们把血放到哪去了 |
[11:37] | All right, I’m though the neck bone now, dude. | 我现在切到颈骨了 |
[11:39] | – Oh, nice. – Kenny, get over here, man. | -真棒 -肯尼 到这来 |
[11:41] | I’m-I’m getting it. Get this out of here. | 我弄好了 把它拿走 |
[11:42] | All right. All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[11:45] | Here, let me do it. | 让我来 |
[11:46] | – I got it! – All right. | -我能行 -好吧 |
[11:48] | – Get that. All right. – Oh, my God. | -拿着 -天呐 |
[11:51] | Here, let me do it. | 让我来 |
[11:52] | Dude, get off! | 走开 |
[11:53] | Chill out. | 别激动 |
[11:54] | All right. Wait, wait. | 好吧 等等 |
[11:55] | Okay, wait for it. Wait. | 等等 |
[12:04] | – Come on! Yeah, baby, yeah! – This dude was- | -终于弄下来了 -这位老兄真是 |
[12:07] | Dude, I dare you to stick your wang in the throat hole. | 我猜你肯定会把小弟弟放进他喉咙里 |
[12:10] | I will if you will, loser. | 你放我就放 |
[12:11] | All right, all right! | 好吧 |
[12:14] | 七百美金 收款人 詹姆斯·麦吉尔 | |
[12:14] | What the hell kind of math is that? | 你不会算数吗 |
[12:16] | $700 per defense. | 一场辩护700美金 |
[12:17] | No, no, no. “Defendant.” “…dant.” | 不是辩护 是”委托人” “人” |
[12:20] | Three defendants, $2,100, which, by the way, bargain– | 三个人一共2100 真是便宜 |
[12:23] | what I did for them. | 我可是据理力争 |
[12:24] | They going to jail, ain’t they? | 可人家还是要去蹲监狱啊 |
[12:26] | So, since when does that matter?! | 这跟钱有什么关系 |
[12:28] | They had sex with a head! | 他们操了一颗死人头 |
[12:30] | Look, didn’t nobody tell you to try all three of them together. | 没人让你一次代理三个人 |
[12:33] | One trial, $700. | 一次庭审只有700美金 |
[12:35] | You’re gonna miss me. You are gonna miss me. | 你会想我的 你肯定会想我 |
[12:37] | Cause it’ll be a cold day in hell | 我告诉你 就算天下红雨 |
[12:38] | before I do any more P.D. work for this shitty court! | 我也不会再为这个傻逼法庭做公设律师 |
[12:41] | Sayonara, baby! | 再见 宝贝 |
[12:43] | You have yourself a nice day. | 祝你过得愉快 |
[13:10] | Law offices of James McGill. | 詹姆斯·麦吉尔法律办公室 |
[13:11] | How may I direct your call? | 请问找哪位 |
[13:14] | Yes, Mrs. Kettleman, so good of you to return. | 凯特尔曼夫人 很高兴您能再次来电 |
[13:17] | A-actually, I don’t have Mr. McGill at the moment, | 麦吉尔先生此时不在办公室 |
[13:19] | but I know he’d– | 但是他… |
[13:23] | Oh, splendid. | 棒极了 |
[13:24] | Unfortunately, our offices are being painted | 很抱歉 我们的办公室正在刷漆 |
[13:27] | and the fumes are quite horrid. | 到处都乌烟瘴气的 |
[13:28] | Could he meet you and your husband at, say, | 他能否与您和您的丈夫 |
[13:31] | Uh, Loyola’s cafe on central? | 在中心路的洛约拉咖啡店见面 |
[13:36] | 4:00 it shall be. Cheers. | 那就约四点 再见 |
[14:14] | $3. | 三块 |
[14:16] | Uh, I’m validated. See the stickers? | 我认证过了 看到贴纸了吗 |
[14:18] | Well, I see five stickers. | 是 有五张贴纸 |
[14:19] | You’re one shy. It’s $3. | 少了一张 三块 |
[14:23] | They gave me — look. | 他们给了我… 听着 |
[14:25] | I’m validated for the entire day, okay? | 我今天全天都可以免费进出 好吗 |
[14:28] | Five stickers, six stickers — I don’t know from stickers. | 五张贴纸 六张贴纸 我才不管什么鬼贴纸 |
[14:30] | Because I was in that court back there | 因为我在那里出庭 |
[14:33] | saving people’s lives, so… | 为了救人命 所以… |
[14:35] | Well, gee, that’s swell. | 别装逼 |
[14:37] | And thank you for restoring my faith in the judicial system. | 谢谢你让我重建了对司法系统的信任 |
[14:41] | Now you either pay the $3, or you go back inside | 但你现在要么付三块钱 要么回去 |
[14:44] | and you get an additional sticker. | 再弄一张贴纸 |
[14:47] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[14:51] | Fine. You win. Hooray for you. | 行 你赢了 祝贺你 |
[14:55] | Backing up! | 倒车 |
[14:55] | I have to back up! I need more stickers! | 我得倒车 我得再去弄贴纸 |
[14:58] | Don’t have enough stickers! | 我的贴纸不够 |
[14:59] | Thank you! Thank you — very nice! | 谢谢 谢谢你 你人真好 |
[15:10] | Employee of the month over here! | 他是本月最佳员工 |
[15:12] | Yeah! | 没错 |
[15:14] | Hooray! Give him a medal! | 祝贺他 给他颁奖牌吧 |
[15:16] | Don’t do anything, guys. Just relax, all right? | 没事 别紧张 行吗 |
[15:20] | Well, I’m just fuzzy as to why you think he needs a lawyer. | 我只是疑惑 为什么你觉得他得雇律师 |
[15:25] | I mean, Craig, the way you run your office is beyond reproach. | 我觉得克雷格处理公事完美无瑕 |
[15:29] | Yeah. Beyond reproach. | 没错 完美无瑕 |
[15:30] | – Yeah. – I’m a stickler, you know, for — | -没错 -我办事小心 |
[15:32] | He is. He’s a stickler with the money. | 确实 钱方面他很小心 |
[15:34] | – He’s definitely a stickler. – Yeah. Yeah. | -他办事的确小心 -没错 |
[15:36] | I mean, he’s certainly not guilty of some… | 我肯定他没犯罪 |
[15:37] | Is certainly not. He’s innocent of any wrongdoing. | 肯定没有 他遵纪守法 |
[15:41] | That’s abundantly clear to me. | 我非常清楚 |
[15:43] | And frankly, I don’t go looking for guilty people to represent. | 其实我也不会为罪犯当代理律师 |
[15:47] | I mean who needs that aggravation, right? | 没必要去趟浑水 是吧 |
[15:49] | Right. | 没错 |
[15:51] | Look, all I know is what I read in the paper. | 我的信息都是从报纸上看来的 |
[15:54] | And typically, when money goes missing | 县财政局的钱 |
[15:57] | from the county treasury — and the number here is, | 不翼而飞 金额达到了 |
[15:59] | Uh, $1.6 million… | 160万美元… |
[16:01] | – Well, that’s an accounting… – It’s an accounting discrepancy. | -那是会计… -会计核算差额 |
[16:03] | It’s a discrepancy, absolutely. | 确实是核算差额 |
[16:04] | But typically, when that happens, | 不过一般呢 出现核算差额 |
[16:08] | the police look at the treasurer. | 警方就会找财务主管 |
[16:10] | And since that person is, uh — | 既然主管就是… |
[16:14] | I just think a little proactivity may be in order. | 我只是觉得你该抓住主动权 |
[16:17] | – Well… – You know, I just | -好吧 -我只是… |
[16:18] | think I’d look guilty if I hired a lawyer. | 觉得雇律师会显得很可疑 |
[16:21] | – Yeah. – No. | -没错 -不 |
[16:22] | Actually, it’s getting arrested that makes people look guilty, | 其实被捕才让别人觉得你有罪 |
[16:26] | Even the innocent ones, | 即便你是无辜的 |
[16:27] | and innocent people get arrested every day. | 但每天都有无辜的人被捕 |
[16:29] | And they find themselves in a little room | 他们最后被关在小房间里 |
[16:32] | with a detective who acts like he’s their best friend. | 警探假装是他们最好的朋友 |
[16:36] | “Talk to me,” He says. Uh, “Help me clear this thing up. | “告诉我” 警探说 “帮我查清此案” |
[16:39] | You don’t need a lawyer — only guilty people need lawyers.” | “你不用请律师 只有罪犯才需要律师” |
[16:41] | And boom! | 你就中招了 |
[16:42] | Hey, that’s when it all goes south. | 一失足成千古恨 |
[16:45] | That’s when you want someone in your corner, | 这时候你就需要一个人帮你 |
[16:47] | someone who will fight tooth and nail. | 不遗余力地帮你 |
[16:51] | Lawyers — you know, we’re like health insurance. | 律师就像健康保险 |
[16:53] | You hope you never need it. | 谁都希望自己用不着 |
[16:55] | But, man, oh, man, not having it — no. | 但没有可不行 |
[17:00] | How would we proceed | 接下来怎么办 |
[17:02] | – if we decided to, uh… – Oh, well, this is a… | -如果我们决定 -行 这是一份 |
[17:05] | …letter of engagement. | 约定函 |
[17:07] | It’s very simple, straightforward. | 非常简洁明了 |
[17:09] | Please, uh, read it closely, but if you sign it, um, | 请仔细阅读 但如果签约 |
[17:13] | I can get started – on that defense strategy of ours | 我将马上开始制定辩护策略 |
[17:15] | this very afternoon. | 下午就能开始 |
[17:33] | Craig… | 克雷格… |
[17:36] | I think maybe we should sleep on it. | 我觉得可以明天再说 |
[17:40] | Uh…sure. | 好吧… 当然 |
[17:43] | Don’t you think, Mr. McGill? | 你觉得呢 麦吉尔先生 |
[17:44] | Maybe we should sleep on it. | 也许我们可以明天再说 |
[17:45] | Oh, oh, please, call me “Jimmy.” | 叫我”吉米”就好 |
[17:48] | A-absolutely. | 当然可以 |
[17:49] | I mean, there’s no rush. | 反正不急 |
[17:51] | You — – oh, and, you know, Craig, we got to pick up the kids… | 对了… 克雷格 我们得去接孩子了 |
[17:56] | – Oh. Right. – Yeah. …at the…yeah. Right. | -没错 -就在… 是啊 |
[17:58] | Well, uh, we will be in touch. | 我们再联系 |
[18:00] | Oh. Uh, thank you for the coffee and for the advice. | 谢谢你请我们喝咖啡 提建议 |
[18:05] | You’re very, very welcome. | 真是太客气了 |
[18:07] | Um, here. Take this. | 给 拿着 |
[18:10] | It’s, uh — it’s got my phone number on it. | 这上面有我的电话号码 |
[18:13] | – Yeah. Okay. – Got it. | -好 行 -知道了 |
[18:27] | The number is 9456-0054 | 号码是94560054 |
[18:31] | 48960643 4896-0643, | |
[18:35] | And the expiration is 11/04. | 到期日是十一月四日 |
[18:38] | Okay, and the keyword here is “Classy,” all right? | 关键词是”优等” |
[18:41] | Super classy — use only flowers that look expensive, | 超优等 只用那些看上去很昂贵 |
[18:45] | but, you know, aren’t. | 但其实很廉价的花 |
[18:47] | Uh, and the note should say “Dear Betsy and Craig,” | 纸条上应该写 “亲爱的贝茜和克雷格 |
[18:52] | Uh, “Best wishes from your stickler for justice, | 你们的正义使者在此献上祝福 |
[18:56] | James McGill.” | 詹姆斯·麦吉尔” |
[18:57] | Okay? And “McGill” is spelled “M-c–“ | 知道了吗 麦吉尔的拼写是… |
[19:00] | Well, run it again. Oh, no, no, no. It’s paid up. | 再查一遍 不不不 已经付了钱的 |
[19:03] | Run it again. | 再查一遍 |
[19:15] | Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God! | 天呐 天呐 天呐 |
[19:18] | Oh, my God! Ohh. | 天呐 |
[19:19] | Cal, Cal! Look at me! | 卡尔 卡尔 看着我 |
[19:21] | Buddy, look at me. Are you okay? | 伙计 看着我 你没事吧 |
[19:23] | Say something. What did you do? | 说句话吧 你都干了些什么 |
[19:24] | – I did — – What did you do to my brother? | -我… -你对我弟弟干了什么 |
[19:26] | Why don’t you look where you’re going?! | 你开车的时候怎么不看路 |
[19:27] | I was making a turn! He came out of nowhere! | 我正在转弯 他突然冒了出来 |
[19:29] | You freaking — freaking hit him, man! | 你他妈把他撞飞了 |
[19:31] | – I did– – You ran him over! | -我… -你从他身上碾了过去 |
[19:33] | You ran over my brother! | 你从我弟弟身上碾了过去 |
[19:34] | And I got the whole thing on video. | 我把整个过程都拍下来了 |
[19:36] | It was an accident. It was an accident. | 这是场意外 是意外 |
[19:38] | He didn’t — he didn’t mean to. Let me just — aah! Aah! Oh! | 他不是 他不是故意的 我先… |
[19:41] | – No, no. – That’s broke. That’s broke. | -不 -这边断了 |
[19:43] | – It’s my leg. Oh! – You broke his leg. | -我的腿 -你把他腿撞断了 |
[19:45] | Why are you driving around and not looking?! | 你开车都不注意周围吗 |
[19:46] | Driving around, breaking people’s legs! | 开车就是为了撞断别人的腿吗 |
[19:48] | It’s — it’s o– it’s — okay, okay, okay! | 这…行了 冷静点 |
[19:49] | Where’s the — Somebody call the cops! | 手机在哪里… 来人啊 快报警 |
[19:50] | Don’t call — don’t call the police. | 别 别叫警察 |
[19:51] | – Don’t call the police. – Police! | -不要报警 -报警 |
[19:52] | – Lars. – La policia! | -拉斯 -警察呢[西语] |
[19:54] | – Don’t, don’t, don’t. Don’t call them. – I’ll call them myself. | -别别别 别叫他们 -我自己打电话 |
[19:55] | – I’m doing it myself. – Don’t call the police. | -我要自己报警 -不要报警 |
[19:57] | Don’t call the police. | 不要报警 |
[19:57] | – Don’t call the cops? – No. | -不要叫警察吗 -不要 |
[19:59] | How you gonna fix this? | 那你打算怎么办 |
[20:00] | What are you gonna do to make things right? | 你准备怎么补偿我们 |
[20:09] | I don’t know, fellas. | 我不知道 伙计 |
[20:12] | What can I do to make it right? | 我该怎么补偿你们 |
[20:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:24] | $500. | 五百块 |
[20:28] | 500 bucks? | 五百块 |
[20:30] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[20:35] | Ow! What the hell, man?! | 搞什么啊 兄弟 |
[20:36] | Listen, Starlight Express, | 听着 星光快车兄弟 |
[20:37] | I’m gonna give you a 9.6 for technique, | 我给你俩的演技打9.6分 |
[20:39] | 0.0 for choice of victim. | 挑选目标的眼光打0分 |
[20:42] | I’m a lawyer. | 我是个律师 |
[20:44] | Furthermore, does — does this steaming pile of crap | 再说了 你们真的觉得开这种老爷车的人 |
[20:47] | scream “payday” to you, huh?! | 身上有油水可以搾吗 |
[20:49] | The only way that entire car is worth 500 bucks | 里面要是坐个一晚三百的小姐 |
[20:51] | is if there’s a $300 hooker sitting in it. | 这辆车才能卖到五百元 |
[20:54] | Now, let’s talk about what you owe me for the windshield. | 我们来谈谈撞坏挡风玻璃得赔多少线 |
[20:59] | You — what? | 你们 干什么 |
[21:04] | I’ll take a check! | 用支票也行 |
[21:14] | Chao chi c’ung, ladies! Chao chi c’ung! | 你好 女士们 你们好 |
[21:16] | Chao chi c’ung! | 您好 |
[21:19] | Chao chi c’ung, Mrs. Nguyen. | 你好 阮太太 |
[21:20] | My, don’t you look — | 你真是迷人… |
[21:22] | Got my mail? | 有我的信吗 |
[21:24] | You work for people who have sex with chopped-off head? | 把死人头切下来操 你还帮他们打官司 |
[21:27] | – Was it in the paper? – I heard it from my cousin. | -都登报纸了吗 -我表兄告诉我的 |
[21:31] | Why? Why you work for these people? | 为什么啊 你为什么给这种人干活 |
[21:34] | Just lucky, I guess. | 我运气好吧 |
[21:37] | Cucumber water for customer only! | 只有顾客才能享用黄瓜水 |
[22:32] | You have…zero messages. | 您没有语音留言 |
[23:08] | 麦吉尔先生 根据您和霍华德·哈姆林先生的谈话 特为您寄来支票 | |
[24:16] | Brenda, looking good. Nice do. | 布兰达 今儿这发型不错 |
[24:20] | Uh, where’s Lord Vader? | 维达大人[黑武士]去哪了 |
[24:22] | Uh, he’s not quite ready for you yet. | 他没准备好见您 |
[24:23] | South conference room. | 南会议室吗 |
[24:26] | How about you wait out here? | 不如您在这等会 |
[24:27] | How about I don’t? | 我还是别等了 |
[24:29] | – Oh, Sir Francis. – James. | -法兰西斯先生 -詹姆斯 |
[24:32] | Well-groomed, as always. | 您和往常一样精神 |
[24:34] | – Okay. – All right. | -好吧 -好的 |
[24:42] | Keith, Karen, yes. | 基斯 卡伦 |
[24:50] | You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Hamlin, | 你干预了自然的原始力量 哈姆林先生 |
[24:56] | And I won’t have it! | 我不会坐视不理 |
[24:59] | Do you want me to call security? | 需要我叫保安吗 |
[25:00] | It’s okay, Brenda, we got it. | 没关系 布兰达 交给我们吧 |
[25:03] | Hey, Jack. Hey, Nate. Hey, Aaron. | 你们好 杰克 内特 艾伦 |
[25:06] | What can we do for you, Jimmy? | 有何贵干 吉米 |
[25:08] | I’m sorry. It’s — it’s this table. | 对不起 都怪这张桌子 |
[25:11] | Something just comes over me. | 我有点情不自禁 |
[25:19] | You can tell me what this, uh, $26,000 | 你可以告诉我这两万六 |
[25:22] | is supposed to be for. | 是用来干什么的 |
[25:24] | That’s money for Chuck. Isn’t that what you wanted? | 那是给查克的钱 这不是你想要的结果吗 |
[25:28] | A measly 26 grand? | 区区两万六 |
[25:30] | Jesus, you’re like Peter Minuit with the Indians. | 这就像彼得·米努伊特对印第安人所做的事 |
[25:30] | 1626年彼得·米努伊特 用价值24美元的珠子和饰物从当地印第安人手里买下了曼哈顿 | |
[25:33] | Throw in some beads and shells while you’re at it. | 心情好就扔一些珠子和贝壳给他们 |
[25:35] | It’s just a start. | 这只是个开始 |
[25:36] | There’ll be more — | 还会有更多的… |
[25:36] | unless you’re gonna just tear them all up. | 除非你打算撕碎所有支票 |
[25:39] | And why was it made out to me — why not Chuck? | 为什么是我收到 为什么不是查克 |
[25:42] | Can he make his way to the bank? | 他能自己去银行吗 |
[25:46] | I just assumed it was best | 我只是认为让你转交 |
[25:48] | to have the money go through you. | 这样最好 |
[25:49] | We can do it any way you want. | 我们可以按照你的意愿来完成 |
[25:52] | This isn’t going away, Howard. | 这事不算完 霍华德 |
[25:54] | What Chuck did for this firm — | 查克为这间事务所做的一切 |
[25:55] | and damn near single-handedly — | 他几乎是一个人完成的 |
[25:57] | 1/3 of this place belongs to him. | 这里的三分之一都应该属于他 |
[26:01] | Yeah. What do you got — 12 chairs here? | 是的 比如这里有十二把椅子 |
[26:03] | Four of these chairs are Chuck’s. | 那其中就有四把是查克的 |
[26:05] | You got five of these light thingumajigs? | 你有五个这种发光装置吗 |
[26:08] | Uh, mm, 1 2/3 are Chuck’s. | 那一又三分之二个是查克的 |
[26:12] | Yeah. Six — how many Danishes — six Danishes? | 你们面前有六个丹麦面包 六个吗 |
[26:15] | – You can have all the Danish you want, Jimmy. – No, no. | -所有面包都可以给你 -不不 |
[26:17] | They’re Chuck’s Danishes, and Chuck isn’t greedy, | 他们都属于查克 而查克不是贪心的人 |
[26:19] | so h-he’ll just take two… | 所以他只要两个… |
[26:21] | plus $17 million — in that ballpark. | 再加上大约一千七百万美元 |
[26:25] | I mean, we’ll know | 我们会知道的 |
[26:26] | once we get the accountants poking around here. | 只要我们让会计人员到这里转一圈 |
[26:29] | Until then, no more penny-ante checks | 在那之前 不用开什么小额支票 |
[26:32] | designed to make it look like Chuck still works here. | 好像查克还在这里工作似的 |
[26:34] | He doesn’t. He never will again. | 他不在这里了 再也不会回来了 |
[26:36] | It’s time to do right by him and cash him out. | 是时候还他公平 并付钱给他了 |
[26:39] | So, these are Chuck’s own wishes that you’re conveying? | 你转达的这些都是查克自己的意愿吗 |
[26:42] | This is what’s best for him. | 这是他最好的选择 |
[26:44] | So he personally told you that it’s his wish | 是他亲口告诉你 |
[26:47] | to withdraw from the firm? | 他想退出事务所吗 |
[26:52] | See, that would surprise me. | 看来不是 不然我真得吓一跳 |
[26:54] | It’s been nearly a year since he’s set foot in here. | 距离他来这里已经快一年了 |
[26:56] | – I’m just doing what’s in his best interests. – So am I. | -我只是为他争取最大利益 -我也是 |
[26:59] | And I, for one, believe he’s gonna lick this thing. | 而我相信他将会很乐意看到这些 |
[27:03] | Until then, his office is just as he left it. | 在他回归之前 他的办公室会保持原样 |
[27:06] | His secretary’s still on payroll. | 他的秘书也依然有薪水 |
[27:07] | If Chuck can call this an extended sabbatical, | 如果查克把这叫作延长休假 |
[27:09] | then so can we — he’s that important to us. | 那我们也可以 他对我们就是这么重要 |
[27:12] | You know what? Let’s let a jury figure it out. | 这样吧 还是让陪审团来裁定 |
[27:16] | Yeah, they’re gonna love you, Howard. | 是啊 他们会很爱你的 霍华德 |
[27:18] | You’re so down-to-earth and relatable. | 你是那么务实并且可靠 |
[27:23] | And you…will…atone! | 而你… 必将… 赎罪 |
[27:30] | It’s Ned Beatty, from “Network.” | 是《电视台风云》里尼德·巴蒂说的话 |
[27:33] | For christ’s sakes, guys. | 天呐 你们怎么什么都不知道 |
[27:44] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[27:47] | I almost forgot — this month’s filings. | 我差点忘了 这个月的法院立案 |
[27:50] | You could save me the postage. | 可以帮我省下邮寄费了 |
[27:52] | W-weren’t you listening in there? | 刚才你听到我说的话了吗 |
[27:53] | Chuck doesn’t work here anymore. | 查克已经不在这里工作了 |
[27:55] | You think I’m gonna help you establish a paper trail? | 你认为我会帮你建立书面记录吗 |
[27:57] | – Now, Jimmy — – No, stop trying to pawn that shit off on him. | -吉米 -不 别想把屎盆子往他身上扣 |
[28:01] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[28:02] | You know, Jimmy, sometimes, in our line of work, | 吉米 有时候在我们这行里 |
[28:06] | you can get so… caught up in the idea of winning | 容易被取胜的欲望冲昏头脑 |
[28:11] | that you forget to listen to your heart. | 却忘记倾听自己内心的声音 |
[28:16] | Give Chuck my love, would you? | 替我向查克问好 好吗 |
[28:22] | Oh, there you are. | 原来你在这里啊 |
[28:24] | Betsy, Craig. | 贝茜 克雷格 |
[28:27] | Hi. Okay. | 你好 好的 |
[28:39] | You look lovely today. | 你今天真漂亮 |
[28:40] | Oh, thank you so much. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[29:57] | Couldn’t you just — | 你能不能… |
[29:58] | You know, I can’t. | 你明知我做不到 |
[31:23] | Son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的 |
[31:25] | Ground yourself? | 你手机什么的放信箱了吗 |
[31:26] | Yes, I grounded myself. | 是的 放了 |
[32:26] | You got to stop putting bacon on the list, | 你不能再买培根肉了 |
[32:29] | ’cause that cooler’s looking like a trichinosis stew. | 因为冰箱看起来就像一锅炖旋毛虫 |
[32:33] | Perfect timing. | 来得正好 |
[32:38] | “Professor Brans Vogelson.” | “布兰斯·弗格森教授” |
[32:40] | “University of Helsinki”? | “赫尔辛基大学” |
[32:51] | I’m sure there’s someone at UNM who can do that. | 我相信新墨西哥大学会有人可以做到 |
[32:55] | You do know I’m trying to start a legal practice, right? | 你知道我打算开一间律师事务所 不是吗 |
[32:57] | Vogelson’s been working on the effects | 弗格森正在研究电磁场 |
[32:59] | of electromagnetic fields on zebra fish — and, oh! | 对斑马鱼的影响 还有… |
[33:04] | Financial Times. | 《金融时报》 |
[33:05] | Yeah, I knew you missed it, | 是啊 我知道你想看 |
[33:07] | so I figured, “What the heck?” | 所以我想 “管他呢” |
[33:09] | Thank you. I know it’s expensive. | 谢谢你 我知道这很贵 |
[33:11] | Here. | 拿着 |
[33:13] | That’s not — it’s all right. | 不用 没关系的 |
[33:14] | – I don’t expect you to go out of pocket. – I… | -我可不希望你自掏腰包 -我… |
[33:16] | Go ahead — reimburse yourself. | 拿去 你的酬劳 |
[33:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:23] | Hey, Chuck, um, can you not read that for a second? | 查克 你能不能先别看那个 |
[33:26] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[33:32] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[33:33] | You look peaked. | 你看起来很憔悴 |
[33:34] | I’m fine. Please, just sit. | 我没事 请坐下 |
[33:38] | You’re not in trouble. | 你没遇到麻烦 |
[33:41] | Um… You got to cash out. | 你得从律所撤股了 |
[33:46] | You got to. | 必须得 |
[33:47] | – Again? Really? – There’s no other way. | -又来了 不是吧 -没有别的选择了 |
[33:50] | I know that you don’t want to hear it, but you’ve got to. | 我知道你不想听这些 可你必须这样做 |
[33:53] | You know I’m going to beat this. | 你知道我能渡过这一劫 |
[33:56] | You know I’m going to get better. | 你知道我会好起来的 |
[33:59] | – Yeah, sure. – Well, then, | -当然 -那么 |
[34:00] | there’s nothing more to talk about. | 就没什么好说的了 |
[34:02] | I will beat this. | 我会渡过这一劫 |
[34:04] | Ergo, a falsis principiis proficisci. | 由此 从错误的原理推导[拉丁法律用语] |
[34:09] | – Meaning? – That’s not — | -意思是 -那不是… |
[34:10] | – Meaning? – That’s the one about false principles, but it’s not — | -意思是 -那是说原理错误 可我 |
[34:13] | You proceed from false principles. | 你从错误的原理得出结论 |
[34:15] | Your argument is built on quicksand. | 你的辩论毫无根基 |
[34:17] | Therefore, it collapses. | 因此也就不攻自破了 |
[34:18] | Yeah, yeah. You’re not listening. | 对对 你没在听我说话 |
[34:20] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:21] | Let’s take this to its logical conclusion. | 让我们得出合乎逻辑的结论 |
[34:26] | In order to pay out my share, | 为了支付我的股份 |
[34:28] | suppose my partners are forced to liquidate the firm. | 假设我的合伙人会被迫清算律所 |
[34:30] | – Then what? – That’s their problem. | -然后呢 -那是他们的问题 |
[34:32] | My clients are out in the cold. | 我的委托人会被扫地出门 |
[34:35] | My cases are scattered to the winds. | 我的案子都要完蛋 |
[34:36] | 126 people lose their jobs. | 一百二十六个人会失业 |
[34:39] | What happens to your cronies in the mailroom, | 你那些收发室的好朋友该怎么办 |
[34:41] | the assistants, the paralegals, the janitorial staff? | 还有那些律师 律师助理 保洁工人 |
[34:44] | All of them, out on the street. | 全都会流落街头 |
[34:45] | Your friend Kim — a promising career — over and done with. | 你的好朋友金 一份好前途转眼成灰 |
[34:49] | Hamlin owes you everything. | 一切都是哈姆林欠你的 |
[34:50] | You built that place single-handedly | 你一手打造了这间律所 |
[34:52] | while he was out at Four Hills working on his bunker shot. | 他那时还在四山俱乐部练习沙坑球呢 |
[34:55] | Let’s not exaggerate. I helped. | 不要说那么夸张 我是帮了忙而已 |
[34:56] | You helped. | 帮忙而已 |
[34:59] | All the more reason not to tear it down | 所以就更没必要为了点小钱 |
[35:00] | just for a little bit of cash. | 把这一切都毁了啊 |
[35:01] | Look…Chuck, I’m going under — okay? — | 听我说 查克 我快完了 好吗 |
[35:05] | For the third time with these bull-crap contract counsel — | 第三次接手这些狗屁合约官司… |
[35:09] | “Bull crap”? | 怎么是”狗屁” |
[35:10] | Bull-crap, pissant P.D. cases at 700 bucks a shot. | 这些七百块一件的狗屁小公设律师活 |
[35:13] | Public-defender work is some of the best experience there is. | 公设辩护律师可是律师最难得的经历之一 |
[35:16] | I just had a case, Chuck, with three clients — | 我刚刚经手一个案子 查克 三个委托人 |
[35:20] | Uh, arraignments, voir dire, jury trial — | 提讯 预审 庭审 |
[35:22] | The whole nine yards. | 全套下来 |
[35:23] | You know what I took home? 700 bucks. | 你知道我挣了多少钱吗 七百块 |
[35:26] | Yeah, I might as well head down to skid row and sell plasma. | 还不如去贫民窟卖血赚得多 |
[35:29] | You’re representing people who have nowhere else to turn. | 你代表的都是些走投无路的人 |
[35:32] | The money is beside the point. | 钱不是问题 |
[35:33] | Money is not beside the point — money is the point. | 钱就是问题 |
[35:36] | I keep telling you — have patience. | 我一直告诉你 要有耐心 |
[35:39] | There are no shortcuts. | 没有捷径可走 |
[35:40] | Do good work, and the clients will come. | 把工作干好 自然会有委托人找上门 |
[35:41] | The clients will come. Yeah, I know. | 自然会有委托人找上门 对 我明白 |
[35:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:45] | Hand to God, | 对天发誓 |
[35:47] | I wasn’t gonna say this, but you are broke. | 我本不打算这样说 可你破产了 |
[35:52] | I can’t carry both of us. | 我负担不了我们两个人 |
[35:53] | I’ve been trying like hell, but I can’t. | 我已经使出了吃奶的劲 可我做不到 |
[35:57] | Well, you’re saying what? | 你这是在说什么 |
[36:00] | You think you have to provide for me? | 你以为我需要你来养吗 |
[36:02] | I never asked you that. | 我从没让你这样做 |
[36:03] | You didn’t have to ask, okay? | 你根本不用开口 好吗 |
[36:04] | I’ve been doing my damnedest, | 我已经尽我最大努力了 |
[36:07] | but the day of reckoning is here. | 但我也快熬到头了 |
[36:09] | Soon, Chuck, you’re gonna be out on the street | 很快 查克 你就要流落街头了 |
[36:11] | with all the electromagnetism in the world raining down on you. | 到时候全世界的电磁场都会碾过你 |
[36:15] | Now, please, please, picture that, | 拜托 拜托 好好想象一下那场景 |
[36:17] | then tell me that money is beside the point. | 然后再告诉我钱不是问题 |
[36:20] | This is what has you all worked up? | 让你烦恼的就是这事吗 |
[36:22] | Yeah! | 对 |
[36:23] | Jimmy…There’s nothing to worry about. | 吉米 没什么好担心的 |
[36:27] | – Here. – What is this? | -给 -这是什么 |
[36:30] | A stipend — there’s gonna be one every week. | 一笔津贴 以后每周都会有 |
[36:32] | $857 from Hamlin Hamlin & Mcgill? | 哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所给的857美元 |
[36:36] | I’m gonna pay them back — every penny. | 我会一分不差地还给他们 |
[36:37] | I didn’t want to take anything, but Howard was very insistent. | 我本不想要的 但霍华德坚持要给我 |
[36:40] | And I’m gonna pay you back, too. | 我也会全还给你的 |
[36:43] | Wait, Hamlin was here? | 等等 哈姆林来过了吗 |
[36:44] | It’s not like I’m a recluse. | 我又不是闭门谢客的隐士 |
[36:47] | What? He put his cellphone in the mailbox? | 怎么 他把手机留在信箱里了吗 |
[36:49] | He understands the situation. | 他理解我的情况 |
[36:50] | He grounded himself? | 他真的放了吗 |
[36:51] | Of course. | 当然 |
[36:52] | And the two of you agreed that since, as everybody knows, | 然后你们两个达成一致 既然众所周知 |
[36:55] | you’re going back to work any day now, | 你随时都可能回去工作 |
[36:57] | that the firm should help you make ends meet. | 律所理应帮你贴补家用 |
[36:59] | That’s correct, minus the sarcasm. | 除去你话里的讽刺味 正是这样 |
[37:01] | Hamlin’s making you a chump! | 哈姆林这是把你当傻子玩 |
[37:03] | I’m going to get better! | 我会好起来的 |
[37:05] | I’m gonna go back to work, | 我会回去工作 |
[37:07] | and I’m picking up where I left off! | 从哪里跌倒就从哪里爬起来 |
[37:33] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:35] | Sorry, Chuck. | 查克 对不起 |
[37:43] | I understand that you’re trying to look out for me, | 我知道 你一直都想帮我 |
[37:46] | but you’re missing the bigger picture. | 但你现在因小失大了 |
[37:50] | I got it. | 我知道 |
[37:52] | Speaking of which… | 还有件事 |
[37:56] | Howard brought this. | 霍华德拿来了这个 |
[37:59] | He’s concerned. | 他有点担忧 |
[38:00] | What? | 什么 |
[38:01] | You have to admit — it could be confusing — | 你得承认 这容易让人混淆 |
[38:03] | Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill? | 他的公司名是哈姆林·哈姆林·麦吉尔 |
[38:05] | James M. Mcgill? | 你的律所叫詹姆斯·M·麦吉尔 |
[38:06] | That’s my name. | 我就叫这名字 |
[38:07] | I was born with it. I… | 我打小就叫这名字 |
[38:09] | Still… | 那也不行 |
[38:14] | How about Vanguard Law? | 要不改叫先锋律所吧 |
[38:17] | – Or Gi…Gibraltar Legal… – Wait, wait. | -那直布罗陀法律公司怎么样 -等等 |
[38:19] | So I’m not supposed to use my name o-on Hamlin’s say-so? | 所以因为哈姆林 我还不能用自己的名字了 |
[38:24] | W– what’s he gonna do — sue me? | 他这是什么意思 要起诉我吗 |
[38:26] | Nobody wants to create an adversarial situation. | 谁也不想给自己找麻烦 |
[38:29] | I’m sure Howard would gladly pay the cost | 霍华德肯定愿意付钱给你 |
[38:31] | of new matchbooks and so on. | 做个新火柴盒广告 |
[38:34] | It’s simply a matter of professional courtesy. | 这只是职业礼节罢了 |
[38:42] | Chuck, whose side are you on? | 查克 你到底是哪边的 |
[38:45] | There are no sides. | 什么哪边不哪边 |
[38:48] | But, Jimmy… | 不过 吉米 |
[38:53] | Wouldn’t you rather build your own identity? | 你难道不想打出自己的牌子吗 |
[38:56] | Why ride on someone else’s coattails? | 别总想沾别人的光 |
[39:12] | You want to dance, Howard? | 霍华德 你想跳舞吗 |
[39:16] | Let’s dance. | 那我们就跳吧 |
[39:30] | Go! | 滑 |
[39:35] | No, you can get closer than that, you bitch. | 你能不能滑得再靠近我一点 废物 |
[39:37] | Come on. | 快点 |
[39:38] | And here it comes. | 对 就这样 |
[39:41] | There you go. Better. | 不错 好点儿了 |
[39:46] | How was that? | 我滑得怎么样 |
[39:47] | It’s right on here. Take a look. | 都给你录了 你看 |
[39:49] | Still, tighter is everything. | 还是那句话 身体要绷紧 |
[39:50] | T-tighter? What? T-tighter what? | 绷紧 什么呀 什么绷紧 |
[39:52] | I don’t know. Just stand…Tighter. | 我也说不清 就是站着的时候要绷紧 |
[39:54] | – You know what I mean? – I don’t know what you mean. | -你听懂没 -没有 |
[39:57] | That sucked. We can call that a stylistic choice, I guess, | 你真笨 就是选择一种风格 |
[40:00] | – If you want to… – Hey, fellas. | -如果你想 -你们俩 |
[40:01] | We got business. | 我这里有大生意给你们 |
[40:04] | How did you find us? | 你怎么知道我们在这里 |
[40:06] | I know, eerie, right? | 挺奇怪的 是吧 |
[40:10] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Come on. Give me 30 seconds. | 等等 就耽误你们30秒 |
[40:14] | Could be the most profitable 30 seconds of your lives. | 这说不定是你们人生中最有价值的30秒 |
[40:26] | Let me tell you about a young guy. | 我给你们讲个故事吧 有个小伙子 |
[40:31] | Actually, he’s about your age. | 他其实和你们差不多大 |
[40:34] | He lived a long way from here | 住在离这里很远的地方 |
[40:36] | in a town called Cicero, Illinois. | 就在伊利诺伊州的西塞罗市 |
[40:41] | And in Cicero, he was the man. | 在那里 他可是个人物 |
[40:45] | I mean, when he strolled down the street, | 这么说吧 他走在街上 |
[40:47] | all the corner boys would give him the high five. | 所有小混混都会和他击掌打招呼 |
[40:50] | All the finest babes would smile at him | 所有漂亮妞儿都会冲他笑 |
[40:54] | and hope that he would smile back. | 巴望着他也能回一个笑容 |
[40:58] | They called him “Slippin’ Jimmy,” | 大家都叫他”风流吉米” |
[41:01] | and everybody wanted to be his friend. | 所有人都想和他做朋友 |
[41:06] | “Slippin’ Jimmy”? | “风流吉米” |
[41:09] | What the hell kind of name is that? | 这是什么狗屁绰号 |
[41:12] | Well, I’ll tell you, now — | 听我说 |
[41:13] | Winters in Cicero are murder. | 西塞罗的冬天冷得能冻死人 |
[41:16] | You guys growing up out here in the golden west — | 你们在金色的西部长大的 |
[41:19] | y-you don’t know, okay? | 根本体会不到那有多冷 |
[41:20] | I’m talking cold that’ll freeze the snot right in your nose. | 那里的冬天能把你的鼻涕冻住 |
[41:24] | I’m talking wind that’ll cut through your jacket | 那寒风能割裂你的夹克衫 |
[41:26] | And carve you up like a Ginsu knife. | 然后像一把金厨刀一样把你切碎 |
[41:28] | In fact, most folks in Cicero were scared of winter, | 总之 西塞罗的大部分居民都很害怕冬天 |
[41:32] | but not Jimmy. | 但吉米可不怕 |
[41:35] | Jimmy waited around all summer, | 夏天的时候 他就等啊等 |
[41:37] | and when September finally rolled around | 九月终于来了 |
[41:39] | and he’d feel that first cold wind | 他感受到了第一股凉风 |
[41:41] | come sweeping off Lake Michigan, he knew it was coming. | 从密歇根湖吹来 他知道 它要来了 |
[41:45] | Was it Christmas? Was it Kwanzaa? | 他等的是圣诞节吗 是宽扎节吗 |
[41:48] | Better — it was Slip ‘n Fall season. | 都不是 是一年一度的碰瓷季 |
[41:53] | Soon as it was cold enough, | 很快 等到外面已经变得非常冷 |
[41:55] | he’d find a nice, smooth patch of ice. | 他就找一块光滑结冰的地面 |
[41:58] | State street was good. Michigan Avenue was better. | 州级公路也行 密歇根大道更好 |
[42:01] | He’d pick his spot, wait for it to get busy, | 他选好点 等到路上人多的时候 |
[42:04] | Then he’d walk out on the ice, and — boom! | 他就踩着那冰片滑过去 然后 轰的一声 |
[42:07] | He would biff it so hard, | 他摔得那么狠 |
[42:08] | people would come running from five blocks away. | 五个街区外的人都跑来看 |
[42:11] | Yeah, but did he collect? | 那他碰瓷碰成了吗 |
[42:13] | “Did he collect?” | “成了吗” |
[42:14] | Slippin’ jimmy had it dialed in, all right? | “风流吉米”从来没失败过 |
[42:16] | One good fall — he’d clear 6, 8 grand. | 摔一次 他就能要来六千或者八千块 |
[42:20] | That’d keep him in Old Milwaukee and maui wowie | 那些钱够他每天喝老密尔沃基酒 吸大麻 |
[42:21] | right through Labor Day. | 一直用到劳动节 |
[42:23] | 8 grand? | 八千块啊 |
[42:25] | 8 grand. | 没错 |
[42:26] | Now, see, I look at you guys, I see potential. | 我觉得你们都是潜力股 |
[42:29] | The skateboard’s a nice wrinkle — | 你们用滑板碰瓷很妙 |
[42:31] | that makes it a year-round gig. | 全年都可以干 |
[42:32] | And clearly, you know how to take a header, right? | 很明显 你非常清楚怎么去摔 对吗 |
[42:36] | But I got to ask you — your best day ever, | 但我得问你 收成最好的一天 |
[42:39] | how much did you clear? | 赚了多少钱 |
[42:44] | -630 -630 – $630. – $630. | |
[42:47] | 630 bucks. | 六百三十块吗 |
[42:49] | Was that for one fall? | 是摔一次的钱数吗 |
[42:51] | – Two. – Two falls in one day. | -两次 -一天摔两次 |
[42:54] | Even at your age, that’s got to hurt. | 即使是你们这年纪 也会很疼吧 |
[42:56] | True that. | 确实疼啊 |
[42:58] | All right, well, I got a job for you. | 好吧 我给你们一个活儿 |
[43:01] | How’s 2 grand sound? | 两千块怎么样 |
[43:03] | 2 grand for one hit? | 摔一次给两千块吗 |
[43:06] | One hit. | 就一次 |
[43:07] | Plus, you get to learn from the best. | 而且 你还能跟最好的人学习 |
[43:12] | Nice boat. | 船不错 |
[43:13] | Yeah, discreet, | 是啊 藏得很隐蔽 |
[43:15] | like a stripper pole in a mosque. | 就跟清真寺里的钢管舞杆一样 |
[43:16] | Yeah, forget the boat. Look at the car. | 别管那船了 看那辆车 |
[43:18] | You know what that is? | 知道是什么车吗 |
[43:19] | I don’t know. A station wagon? | 不知道 旅行车吗 |
[43:21] | It’s a Mercury, a 1988 Mercury Sable wagon. | 那是辆水星 1988年的水星黑貂休旅车 |
[43:25] | Remember it. Burn it into your brains. You got it? | 记住它 烙在脑子里 记住了吗 |
[43:28] | It’s a Mercury Sable Wagon, sure. | 没问题 水星黑貂休旅车 |
[43:30] | Close your eyes. What color is it? | 闭上眼 车是什么颜色 |
[43:33] | – Brown. – Brown. | -棕色 -棕色 |
[43:34] | No, it’s medium sandalwood. Keep your eyes closed. | 不 是中檀色 闭着眼睛 |
[43:38] | How does the license plate start? | 车牌号开始是几 |
[43:40] | -4 -4 – 4. – 4. | |
[43:41] | Give those gentlemen a gold star. | 给你们一个金星奖章 |
[43:43] | Betsy Kettleman’s her name. | 她的名字是贝茜·凯特尔曼 |
[43:45] | Every weekday between 2:25 and 2:50, | 每个工作日2点25和2点50之间 |
[43:48] | she comes through here on her way to pick up her kids | 她都会经过这里去基特·卡森小学 |
[43:50] | at Kit Carson elementary. | 接孩子 |
[43:52] | Now, you need a place where she’s gonna slow down — | 现在你需要找到一个她会减速的地方 |
[43:54] | – Am I right? – Yeah. | -我说的对吗 -是的 |
[43:56] | All right. Well, there you go. She slows down. | 好了 在那儿 她减速了 |
[43:59] | She hangs a right. You come shooting out of there. | 她稍往右靠 你从那边冲出来 |
[44:02] | You do what you did to me. You go ass over teakettle. | 把你对我那一套拿出来 翻个屁滚尿流 |
[44:05] | You make it a blue-ribbon special. | 摔出一流水平 |
[44:07] | When she gets out of the car, | 她从车上下来以后 |
[44:08] | you’re sufferin’ St. Sebastian, right? | 你正疼得要命 对吗 |
[44:11] | You’re the hammer, okay? You get in her face. | 你是重头戏 知道吗 直接走到她面前 |
[44:13] | You scare the bejesus out of her. | 把她吓到灵魂出窍 |
[44:15] | Give me your phone. | 把手机给我 |
[44:18] | It’s kind of busy here, don’t you think? | 这人很多 你不觉得吗 |
[44:19] | Well, witnesses are good. | 有目击者是好事 |
[44:22] | Witnesses are pressure, all right? | 目击者能提供压力 知道吗 |
[44:23] | Now, once you’ve got her good and rattled, | 一旦你完全吓住了她 |
[44:26] | then you call for an ambulance, | 然后你就打电话叫救护车 |
[44:28] | but really, you’re calling for me. | 但实际上 你是在给我打电话 |
[44:30] | I’m number one on your speed dial, | 我在你快速拨号的第一个 |
[44:31] | right next to your weed dealer. | 就在你的大麻贩子的旁边 |
[44:33] | You call me. I hotfoot it over here. | 你打给我 我会火速赶来 |
[44:35] | I just “happen” to be driving by. | 我只是”恰好”开车路过 |
[44:37] | I stop to see what the trouble is, | 我停下看有什么麻烦 |
[44:38] | and this is the most important part — you don’t know me. | 最重要的一点是 你们不认识我 |
[44:42] | We’ve never met. You got it? | 我们从没见过 知道吗 |
[44:44] | – Sure. – Okay. | -当然 -好的 |
[44:45] | Now, I’m Mrs. K’s white knight. | 现在 我会是凯特尔曼太太的救星 |
[44:47] | We go mano a mano. | 我们一对一交谈 |
[44:48] | You light into me, okay? Get nasty. And no touching. | 然后你过来收拾我 狠一点 但不要动手 |
[44:52] | Leave the hair alone. | 别弄乱发型 |
[44:54] | But otherwise, you know, open season. | 除此之外 自由发挥 |
[44:56] | Yell. Stomp. Call me a douche bag. | 大喊 跺脚 骂我是个混蛋 |
[44:59] | I’m gonna play it cool, | 我会装作没事 |
[45:00] | give you back some of the razzmatazz. | 让你一个人在那儿闹 |
[45:01] | And once she’s seen the fireworks, | 一旦她看过了这一出 |
[45:03] | you fold like a lawn chair — | 你就像折叠椅一样收住 |
[45:05] | happy ending. | 皆大欢喜 |
[45:07] | When do we get our money? | 我们什么时候拿到钱 |
[45:09] | After. | 事后 |
[45:10] | – After. – After. | -事后 -事后吗 |
[45:13] | You get paid when I get paid. | 我拿到钱你们就拿到钱 |
[45:14] | I’m the rising tide that raises all dinghies. | 我才是推动整个事件发展的人 |
[45:17] | Now, pop quiz — what’s the car? | 好了 快速测验 什么车 |
[45:18] | Mercury Sable wagon. Baby-poop brown. | 水星黑貂休旅车 婴儿屎棕色 |
[45:21] | – Okay. Do you know me? – No. | -好 你们认识我吗 -不认识 |
[45:23] | Damn straight. Go with god. | 太棒了 上帝与你们同在 |
[45:32] | Well, I’m just glad I happened to be passing by. | 我很高兴我恰好路过 |
[45:37] | Happy to be of help, Betsy. | 很高兴帮助你 贝茜 |
[45:39] | May I call you “Betsy”? | 我能叫你”贝茜”吗 |
[45:41] | Please, call me “James.” | 叫我詹姆斯就行了 |
[45:43] | Oh, the kid will be fine. Don’t worry. | 那孩子没事儿 别担心 |
[45:46] | He just got his bell rung a little. | 他只是有点儿眼冒金星 |
[45:47] | I’ll — I’ll handle that. Oh, no. | 我来处理就好了 哦 不 |
[45:50] | Oh, no, no. | 不行 不行 |
[45:51] | I wouldn’t think of, uh, taking your money for this. | 我没想过因为这事收你的钱 |
[45:56] | The embezzlement case? | 挪用公款的案子吗 |
[45:58] | Mm, yes, I’d — I’d be happy to talk it over. | 是的 我很乐意谈谈 |
[46:02] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[46:14] | Two-minute warning. Two-minute warning. | 警告 警告 两分钟后到 |
[46:16] | Got it. | 收到 |
[47:21] | Oh, my god! | 天哪 |
[47:23] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[47:25] | Call 911. | 快报警 |
[47:27] | Oh, my god! Cal! Cal! | 天呐 卡尔 卡尔 |
[47:29] | Look at me! Are you okay?! | 看着我 你还好吗 |
[47:30] | Buddy, say something. Cal, what are you — | 兄弟 给点反应 卡尔 你怎么… |
[47:34] | come on already. | 人要来了 |
[47:35] | – What is she doing in there? – I don’t know. Shh. | -她在那里做什么呢 -我不知道 |
[47:36] | Is she making a sandwich? | 她是在做三明治吗 |
[47:38] | Where’s her sense of responsibility? | 她的责任心呢 |
[47:41] | What? | 什么 |
[47:42] | What?! Hey! What the f… | 什么 卧了个大槽 |
[47:44] | Funny to run into you, Betsy. | 遇上你真巧啊 贝茜 |
[47:46] | I was just, uh, strolling the neighborhood. | 我只是在… 四处转转 |
[47:49] | You — you were in accident. | 你…你碰上了事故 |
[47:52] | Oh, it’s… | 真是… |
[48:12] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[48:13] | – She took off on us. – She what? | -她撇下我们跑了 -她什么 |
[48:15] | It was textbook, man. | 一切按部就班 伙计 |
[48:16] | We were diamonds, but then she just took off. | 我们成功碰瓷了 但是她却跑了 |
[48:19] | Okay, wait. She — she hit-and-run? | 等等 她…肇事逃逸 |
[48:20] | That’s what I’m saying. She bailed and wailed. | 是的 她猛踩油门跑了 |
[48:23] | O-okay. Just stay where you are. I’ll come get you. | 好 你们待在原地等我 |
[48:26] | No, no, no. Screw that, man. | 不不不 去你的 |
[48:27] | We’re following her. | 我们跟着她呢 |
[48:28] | You’re — how are — you’re following her how? | 你们…怎么…你们是怎么跟着她的 |
[48:30] | We got our ways, yo. | 山人自有妙计 |
[48:32] | Okay, okay, okay, new plan — new plan. You do know me. | 好好好 新计划 你们认识我的 |
[48:35] | I’m your lawyer. You got that? | 我是你们的律师 明白吗 |
[48:37] | I’ll meet you at the school. | 我们在学校碰头 |
[48:38] | No, she’s way past the school. | 不 她开过学校了 |
[48:40] | She hooked a left on Juan Tabo, | 她刚刚在胡安·塔布街左转了 |
[48:41] | and she’s coming into Holiday Park. | 正要去假日公园 |
[48:44] | O-okay, stay with her. | 好 跟着她 |
[48:45] | When she gets where she’s going, wherever that is, | 等她到了目的地 不管是哪里 |
[48:47] | just don’t do anything. | 什么都别做 |
[48:48] | – Wait for me. – Wait for what? | -等我来 -等什么等 |
[48:50] | You haven’t been right even once! | 你哪次说对过 |
[48:51] | Slippin’ Jimmy, my ass! | 风流你个头吉米 |
[48:52] | You fell into the honeypot, kid. | 你们撞大运了 孩子 |
[48:54] | You get it? Hit-and-run is a felony. | 你明白吗 肇事逃逸可是重罪 |
[48:57] | So what? | 所以呢 |
[48:58] | “So what?” So more money. | “所以呢” 所以就有更多的钱 |
[49:01] | He says we fell in the honeypot. He says “More money.” | 他说我们撞大运了 还说”更多的钱” |
[49:04] | So what do we need him for? | 所以我们还要他干什么呢 |
[49:11] | Cal? Lars? Whoever — oh, damn it! | 卡尔 拉斯 你们谁…该死 |
[49:16] | Come on. Come on! | 拜托 拜托 |
[49:19] | – Do it. Do it. Do it. – Son of a bitch! | -来啊 来啊 -狗娘养的 |
[49:23] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[49:24] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[49:59] | Hey. Hey, your leg. Oh, I’m gonna do this one. | 你的腿 这回交给我吧 |
[50:01] | – Okay. – Hey! Aah! Aah! | -好 -喂喂喂 |
[50:02] | Hey, yo, hold up. | 等一等 |
[50:04] | Hey, yeah, you — what is the matter with you? | 没错 就是你 你怎么回事 |
[50:06] | You hit-and-run. | 你肇事逃逸了 |
[50:07] | You ran him over. You felonied my brother. | 你撞伤了他 你重罪了我弟弟 |
[50:10] | – ?Qué pasa? – Habla english. | -出什么事了 -讲英语 |
[50:12] | We call — we call la policía. | 我们…我们已经报警了 |
[50:14] | La policía gonna be pissed. | 警察会很生气的 |
[50:16] | I see you hit him. | 我看见你撞他了 |
[50:18] | You see that — that windshield? You did that. | 你看那个…那个挡风玻璃 都是你干的 |
[50:20] | – No entiendo. No entiendo. – I did that. | -听不懂 听不懂 -我干的 |
[50:21] | You did that to me. You did that. Now you pay. | 你撞了我 你撞了我 你得付钱 |
[50:23] | – No, se?or. No, se?or. No entiendo. – Make with the dinero. | -先生 我听不懂 -付钱就能解决 |
[50:26] | – ?Dinero? – Dinero. | -钱吗 -钱 |
[50:27] | Sí, righteous dinero. | 对 我们要的是正当钱 |
[50:29] | – Dinero? – Y– sí. | -钱 -对…没错 |
[50:35] | – Okay. – Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about. | -好 -对 我说的就是这个 |
[50:36] | – Talking about. – Mijo. | -就是这个 -孩子 |
[50:38] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[50:40] | Mijo! | 孩子 |
[50:41] | – Is that money? – Yeah. | -是钱吧 -是 |
[50:43] | Mijo… | 孩子 |
[50:45] | watch this step. | 小心台阶 |
[50:46] | Aah. Watch this — watch this step. | 小心…小心这级台阶 |
[50:58] | Where are you? | 你们在哪里 |
[51:01] | Holiday Park. | 假日公园 |
[51:03] | Mrs. Kettleman, Betsy. | 凯特尔曼夫人 贝茜 |
[51:05] | What are you doing here? | 你们在这做什么呢 |
[51:07] | Hit-and-run? That’s very serious. | 肇事逃逸 那可是重罪 |
[51:09] | I can — I can mediate. | 我可以…我可以调解 |
[51:10] | It’s — I represent their parents, so… | 我…我代表他们父母 所以… |
[51:13] | Come on. Come on. | 拜托 拜托 |
[51:56] | Open up! Officer of the court! | 开门 我是法院工作人员 |
[51:58] | Open up in the name of the law! | 以法律之名 命你开门 |
[52:03] | Good afternoon. This — | 下午好 这… |