时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:34] | 得 分 | |
[02:42] | ( 1945年7月 ) | |
[02:45] | (奥地利 札兰西 ) | |
[03:05] | It was more than three years since Lewis Nixon and I… | 我和路易士·尼克森决定加入伞兵部队 |
[03:08] | …decided to join the paratroops. | 至今已经三年多 |
[03:11] | And more than a year since we’d first gone to war… | 距离我们首次参战也一年多了 |
[03:14] | …not knowing what would happen to us. | 当时不知道我们会发生什么事 |
[03:17] | How long we’d be fighting where we’d end up. | 要打多久 在哪里结束 |
[03:21] | I certainly didn’t expect to find myself in a place like this. | 我当然没料到自己会出现在这样的地方 |
[03:29] | I thought it might be you. | 我猜是你 |
[03:35] | ‘Morning. | 早安 |
[03:38] | I heard reports about a red-headed Eskimo. | 我听到报导说有个红发的爱斯基摩人在此出没 |
[03:43] | Thought I’d check it out. | 我就想过来看个究竟 |
[03:45] | Come to join me for a morning swim? | 你要跟我一起晨泳吗? |
[03:49] | Yeah. You know me so well. | 是哦 你太了解我了 |
[03:54] | Here, it’s from Zielinski. | 拿去 这是泽林斯基给你的 |
[03:57] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[04:03] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[04:05] | Ran into the regimental photographer. | 我遇到了团部的摄影师 |
[04:08] | Said he had all these photographs of the 506th… | 他说他有506团的照片 |
[04:12] | …going all the way back to Toccoa. | 从塔可亚基地到现在 |
[04:15] | I traded them for a couple of Lugers. | 我用好几把鲁格枪换来的 |
[04:17] | That’s a bargain. | 那可真划算 |
[04:30] | What do you think you’ll do after this? | 这里结束后你想做什么? |
[04:32] | Get some breakfast. | 弄个早餐吃 |
[04:37] | No, after, after. | 不是 再之后呢? |
[04:44] | Well, it’s funny you should mention it… | 真有趣 你也提到这 |
[04:46] | …’cause I had a meeting with Colonel Sink. | 因为我跟辛克上校开过会 |
[04:49] | Really? | 真的? |
[04:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:52] | Yeah, he and I discussed the possibility of staying. | 讨论到留下来的可能性 |
[04:56] | In the Army? | 留在陆军? |
[04:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:00] | Yeah, as a career. | 当做事业 |
[05:04] | What’d you say? | 你怎么说? |
[05:07] | I said I’d think about it. | 我说我会考虑 |
[05:19] | What do you think about New Jersey? | 你觉得纽泽西州如何? |
[05:21] | New Jersey? | 纽泽西? |
[05:23] | There’s a company in Nixon, New Jersey. | 在纽泽西的尼克森有间公司 |
[05:26] | It’s called “Nixon Nitration Works”. | 叫做尼克森化肥产品 |
[05:27] | Sounds picturesque. | 听来挺动人的 |
[05:29] | Yeah, well, oddly enough I know the owners. | 我刚好认识老板 |
[05:34] | Probably gonna expect me to make something of myself. | 他可能希望我接手事业 |
[05:36] | I thought maybe I’d drag you with me. | 我想也许我该拉你进来 |
[05:44] | Are you offering me a job? | 你是在提供我工作机会吗? |
[05:50] | We’ll see how you do in your interview… | 得看你在面试时的表现 |
[05:52] | …but, you know, a man of your qualifications… | 可是有像你这样的历炼 |
[05:55] | …I think we can probably scrape something up. Commensurate with your current salary level. | 我想我可以尽量找个和你现在薪水差不多的职位 |
[06:05] | Yeah, I’ll think about it. | 好 我会考虑看看 |
[06:09] | I really appreciate it. | 我真的很感激 |
[06:14] | Yeah, just think about it. | 你考虑看看 |
[06:18] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[06:52] | Job offers. Hard to fathom. | 工作机会 难以想象 |
[06:56] | And the war wasn’t even over. | 战争都还没有结束 |
[07:00] | I was still getting used to hot showers and morning swims. | 我还在慢慢适应有热水澡跟晨泳的日子 |
[07:15] | We’d entered Bavaria in early May… | 我们在五月初进入巴伐利亚 |
[07:17] | …with the hopes of capturing Berchtesgaden. | 希望能够攻下贝希特斯加登 |
[07:20] | This famous town, high in the Alps… | 这个著名的城镇高居于阿尔卑斯山区 |
[07:22] | …was the Nazi party’s symbolic home… | 是纳粹党的精神大本营 |
[07:25] | …and all the heads of the Third Reich had houses there. | 而且第三帝国的首领们在此都有住所 |
[07:28] | Although Hitler was dead, he had apparently ordered the SS to make it their last stand… | 虽然希特勒已死 他却命令武装党卫军将此处 |
[07:33] | …from which to mount a guerrilla resistance against the Allied advance. | 当成对抗盟军进攻的最后守卫据点 |
[07:37] | The first step was blocking the roads. | 第一步就是封锁道路 |
[07:46] | When are we expecting the engineers to arrive? | 工兵应该何时出现? |
[07:48] | Half an hour ago. | 半个小时前 |
[07:49] | We’re stuck here until they do, Nix. | 他们来之前我们只能困在这里 |
[07:52] | Well, if you’re the SS… | 如果你是党卫军… |
[07:54] | …you’re not gonna let us waltz into Hitler’s house. | 也不会让我们跳着华尔兹进入希特勒的房子 |
[07:56] | Probably throw a few rocks at us yourself. | 你也会朝我们丢石头 |
[07:58] | If you want someone to find a way up that mountain… | 如果你要找人绕道攻上山头 |
[08:01] | …Easy Company is ready. | E连已准备好也很愿意去 |
[08:02] | Duly noted. | 我了解 |
[08:03] | I already recommended you to Colonel Sink. | 我也向辛克上校这样建议了 |
[08:05] | Let’s go find out where Hitler lived. | 咱们去找出希特勒的巢穴吧 |
[08:07] | Ron, we’re not sure what’s up there. | 朗 我们不确定上面有什么 |
[08:09] | The Colonel doesn’t want us taking any unnecessary risks. | 上校不希望我们冒不必要的险 |
[08:13] | So, the French are gonna beat us to the Eagle’s Nest. | 那就让法国人先一步攻下鹰巢? |
[08:30] | Gents, I just had a conversation with General Leclerc. | 各位 我刚和勒克莱尔将军通话 |
[08:33] | He said he was first into Paris… | 他说他是第一位进入巴黎的将领 |
[08:34] | …and by God he wanted to be first into Berchtesgaden. | 也想第一个进入贝希特斯加登 |
[08:40] | Told him I understood his point. | 我说我明白他的意恩 |
[08:44] | You fire up 2nd battalion and outflank that French son of a bitch. | 你现在动员第二营抢在法国混蛋的前面 |
[08:48] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[08:55] | I want Easy Company in the lead. | 我要E连做先头部队 |
[08:56] | Have the men assemble on the highway. | 叫弟兄们在下面高速公路上集合 |
[08:58] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[09:36] | Eerie. Not even any natives. | 诡异 没看到半个居民 |
[09:41] | That’s ’cause this is the one town you can’t deny being a true Nazi. | 因为没人能否认这是个纯纳粹的城镇 |
[09:45] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[09:47] | Well, you have to be to live here. | 住在这里你就知道了 |
[09:49] | Need to find some place we can put the Colonel. | 我们得帮上校找个落脚的地方 |
[09:52] | How about right there? | 那里如何? |
[10:05] | ( 贝希特斯加登旅馆 ) | |
[10:23] | No, no. | 别拿走 |
[10:59] | Kitty would love this. | 凯蒂一定会爱死这个 |
[11:01] | How many brides get a wedding present from Hitler? | 有多少新娘能够拿到希特勒送的结婚贺札? |
[11:08] | You wanna take half? | 你要不要拿一半走? |
[11:10] | I can’t carry all this. | 我没办法全部带走 |
[11:12] | You know, whoever comes in here after us… | 你知道不管谁在我们之后进来 |
[11:14] | …is gonna take whatever isn’t nailed down. | 都会把所有没钉死的全搬走 |
[11:16] | Well… | 嗯 |
[11:18] | …wouldn’t want that to happen. | 可不希望他们有这机会 |
[11:25] | Nice. | 好东西 |
[11:26] | Don’t even think about it. | 你想都别想 |
[11:38] | Major Winters. Sir. | 温特斯少校 长官! |
[11:40] | More. | 摩尔 |
[11:41] | Permission to climb the mountain, sir? | 请求登山许可 长官 |
[11:43] | Eagle’s Nest? | 进攻鹰巢 |
[11:44] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[11:45] | Wait one minute. | 等一下 |
[11:47] | Harry, have F Company put a double guard on the hotel. Set up roadblocks on the west side of town. | 哈利 叫F连加强守护旅馆 在城西设置路障 |
[11:53] | I want battalion HQ, seal off the north side and prepare for prisoners. | 我要在此设置营总部 将北边封锁准备接收战俘 |
[11:57] | Sergeant Grant. | 葛兰特中士 |
[11:58] | And, Harry, nobody gets hurt, not now. | 还有 哈利 不要有人受伤 现在不能 |
[12:04] | And Easy? | 那E连呢? |
[12:07] | Easy will head up the mountain through the Obersalzburg… | E连由奥柏萨尔斯堡上山 |
[12:10] | …and take the Eagle’s Nest. | 攻下鹰巢 |
[12:15] | Hi-ho, Silver! | 冲啊 骏马! |
[12:26] | The Eagle’s Nest was a surprise birthday present for Hitler… | 老鹰之巢是用纳粹的钱帮希特勒盖的… |
[12:29] | …built with Nazi party money. | 一个惊喜生日札物 |
[12:31] | A mountaintop stone retreat 8,000 feet up… | 是一座标高八千英尺的石材碉堡 |
[12:34] | …accessible by a gold-plated elevator. | 由一座镀金的电梯进出 |
[12:37] | It was one of the crown jewels of his empire… | 这是他帝国皇冠上的一颗宝石 |
[12:40] | …and the man was afraid of heights. | 可是他却有畏高症 |
[13:29] | Here’s to him. | 这是敬他的 |
[13:45] | No, goddamn it, listen. | 不是 可恶 听着 |
[13:47] | Hitler, Hitler, no. | 希特勒 不 不… |
[13:49] | Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Goebbels. | – 希姆莱、戈培尔… – 有没有人说你不会讲笑话 |
[13:54] | and the pope walk into a bar… | 教宗走进一间酒吧 |
[13:56] | – Because he drinks too much… – That’s how it starts. | – 因为他喝了太多… – 事情就是这么发生的 |
[14:00] | Hey, Adolf. Love your Eagle’s Nest. | 阿道夫! 我喜欢你的鹰巢 |
[14:03] | I hope you don’t mind. We made ourselves at home. | 我希望你不介意 我们已经把它当做自己家 |
[14:06] | Love what you’ve done with it. | 我喜欢你这里的布置 |
[14:07] | Hey, hey, have a drink. Come on. | 来一杯吧 快点 |
[14:10] | Just so as we can say we saw you do it. | 我们才能说终于看到你喝酒了 |
[14:13] | Listen up. | 注意听好 |
[14:16] | From Corps, just came in. | 刚从军团来的命令 |
[14:17] | Effective immediately. | 即刻生效 |
[14:18] | All troops stand fast on present positions. | 所有的部队暂时在原地驻守 |
[14:23] | Standing fast. | 原地驻守? |
[14:27] | Wanna hear it? | 你们要听吗? |
[14:30] | Ready for it, listen up. The German army surrendered. | 准备好了吗 听好 德军投降了! |
[14:41] | I got a present for you, come on. | 我有个礼物给你 来吧! |
[14:46] | – Is it? – yeah. | – 就这样吗? – 没错 |
[15:08] | – What is this place? – Hermann Goering’s house. | – 这是什么地方? – 赫曼戈林的房子 |
[15:12] | We discovered it yesterday. Had it on double guard ever since. | 昨天发现后便派双哨看守 |
[15:15] | I can vouch for that. | 这个我可以见证 长官 |
[15:16] | Oh, anxious to get off duty, O’Keefe? | 等不及要下哨了吗 欧基夫? |
[15:18] | No, there’s just so much to see and do, sir. | 没有 只是有太多要看要做的事 长官 |
[15:57] | Ten thousand bottles of the world’s finest liquor… | 上万瓶世界上最好的烈酒 |
[16:00] | …wine, and champagne helped Easy Company mark the day the war in Europe came to an end. | 葡萄酒及香槟为E连记下了欧战结束的那一天 |
[16:05] | It’s all yours. | 全都是你的了 |
[16:08] | Take what you want and have each company take a truckload. | 想拿多少就拿多少 然后叫每连载一卡车走 |
[16:12] | We’re going to Austria in the morning. Don’t feel obliged to leave stuff for whoever comes next. | 我们明早就要前住奥地利 不用留给后面的人 |
[16:17] | Austria, sir? | 奥地利吗 长官 |
[16:18] | Happy V.E. Day. | “VE”日快乐 |
[16:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:24] | V.E. day? | “VE”日? |
[16:27] | Victory in Europe. | 欧战胜利日 |
[16:36] | Happy V.E. Day. | 欧战胜利日快乐 |
[16:41] | Instead of an aggressive combat unit… | 不像一支攻击性的战斗部队 |
[16:43] | …we became an occupation force… | 我们反倒成了占领军 |
[16:45] | …and no one wanted to leave Berchtesgaden… | 没有人想离开贝希特加登 |
[16:48] | …until they saw Austria. | 直到我们看到了奥地利 |
[17:27] | So, you reckon they’ll make us run up those or ski down them? | 你想上级会要我们爬上山还是滑雪下来? |
[17:49] | Hey, how are you? | 你好 |
[17:51] | Need a hand there? | 需要帮忙吗? |
[17:54] | He loves you! | 他爱你 |
[17:59] | Hey, lady, how are you? | 小姐 你好吗? |
[18:03] | I think the war is over. | 战争结束了 |
[18:38] | We’ll be comfortable here. | 我们在这儿会很舒服的 |
[18:45] | I wonder what will happen to us… | 我在想当战争终于结束时 |
[18:47] | …to people like you and me when there are finally no more wars to occupy us. | 像你我这样的人 命运将会是如何? |
[18:57] | Have all your men collect the weapons… | 叫你的部队缴械 |
[18:59] | …deposit them at the church, at the school, and at the airfield. | 然后把它放在教堂 学校跟机场 |
[19:03] | Very well. | 很好 |
[19:12] | Please accept this as my formal surrender, Major. | 请你收下这个当做是我正式的投降 少校 |
[19:16] | It is better than to lay it on the desk of a clerk. | 这样会比放在一个文书兵的桌上来的好 |
[19:27] | You may keep your sidearm, Colonel. | 你可以留着你的手枪 上校 |
[19:44] | Heroic dead of a combined army and marine force mark the grim battlefield of Okinawa… | 陆军及海军陆战队弟兄的英勇牺牲 为正在进行中的 |
[19:48] | …where one of the worst battles of the war is being fought. | 战史上最血腥战斗之一的冲绳岛之役留下注脚 |
[19:52] | Thousands of Yanks have been wounded or sacrificed their lives… | 有上千名美国人受伤 并且已经有数千名 |
[19:56] | …to drive a fanatical foe from this base. | 为了设法将疯狂的敌人赶出他们的巢穴而阵亡 |
[20:00] | Along the Jap’s southern defense line… | 延着日军南边的防线 |
[20:02] | …the Yanks progress slowly facing one of the fiercest artillery barrages of the war. | 美军遭遇到空前猛烈的炮击而进度缓慢 |
[20:06] | Each small advance is gained by sheer grit… | 每一小步进展都是藉由英勇对抗 |
[20:09] | …in the face of withering fire from a suicidal enemy… | 强做困兽之斗的敌军自杀攻击 |
[20:12] | …being slowly hammered back into the hills. | 并将其慢慢逐回山头而取得 |
[20:16] | The going is brutal and our casualties are high… | 战事惨烈的进行着 而我们的伤亡惨重 |
[20:18] | …but Okinawa is the next big step towards victory over Japan. | 可是冲绳是战胜日本的一大步 |
[20:22] | A victory that can only be won by work… | 这个胜利唯有藉着努力工作 |
[20:25] | …war bonds, and heroic sacrifice. | 战争债券以及英勇的牺性 |
[20:36] | – So, when are we going? – We don’t have a date yet. | – 我们什么时候要去? – 还没有确定日期 |
[20:39] | Are we to tell the men right away? | 要现在跟弟兄们说吗? |
[20:42] | Some of them will have enough points to go home instead. | 有些人反而会拿到足够点数而退伍 |
[20:44] | Not many if their only medal’s a Purple Heart. | 不会很多 如果只得过紫心勋章的话 |
[20:48] | I think most of us here will have enough. | 我想我们几个都会有足够的点数 |
[20:52] | And each of us will have to decide what to do. | 我们每个人将要决定下一步要做什么 |
[20:54] | I don’t know how long we’re waiting here for orders… | 我不知还要在此待命多久 |
[20:57] | …but I want those veterans who are staying… | 可是我要决定留下的老兵… |
[21:00] | …and all new replacements, ready to fight. | 及所有新兵随时备战 |
[21:03] | That means rifle ranges. | 这表示要做射击训练 |
[21:04] | That means daily close order drills. That means troop reviews… | 紧急受命演习与部队检讨 |
[21:07] | …but, above all, it means physical training. | 可是最重要的是体能训练 |
[21:09] | Get your NCOs on it. | 叫你的士官们去执行 |
[21:13] | They’re gonna love you. | 他们会爱死你的 |
[21:19] | What are you crouching down for, Perco? | 你蹲下来干什么 派康提? |
[21:22] | Think the deer’s gonna shoot back? | 你以为鹿会向你开几枪吗? |
[21:24] | Leave me alone. | 你少管我 |
[21:25] | How about you all just shut up… | 你们何不都闭嘴 |
[21:28] | …and let Shifty kill us some dinner? | 让西福弟帮我们射只晚餐来吃? |
[21:30] | What’s the matter, Bull? | 怎么了 大牛? |
[21:32] | You tired of eating dried up spuds three times a day? | 你吃腻三餐的干马铃薯吗? |
[21:35] | Hey, you know what, I got an idea. Why don’t we just shoot Bull here… | 我想到个主意 干脆我们把大牛给杀了 |
[21:39] | …and feed the company for a week? | 来喂连上一个星期 |
[22:08] | Oh, goddamn it, Shifty. | 可恶 西福弟 |
[22:11] | You let him get away. Army ought to be glad to be rid of you. | 你让它跑了 陆军一定很庆幸你要退伍了 |
[22:15] | I wish, you know. It seems they want me to stay around awhile. | 希望是这样 可是看来他们还要我多留一阵 |
[22:19] | – Are you serious? – How many points you need? | – 你没开玩笑吧? – 你还需要几点? |
[22:21] | Fifteen. | 15点 |
[22:23] | Fifteen! Jesus Christ, I thought I had it bad. | 15点? 天啊 我还以为我已经够多点了 |
[22:27] | No Purple Hearts, never was injured. | 我没得过紫心勋章 也没受过伤 |
[22:29] | Company! Platoon! Attention! | 全连各排注意! 立正! |
[22:38] | Right shoulder. Arm! | 上右肩~托枪! |
[22:44] | Order. Arms! | 枪~放下! |
[22:51] | At ease. | 稍息 |
[22:55] | General Taylor is aware that many veterans… | 泰勒将军知道有很多老兵 |
[22:57] | …including Normandy veterans… | 包括参与诺曼底空降的老兵 |
[22:59] | …still do not have the 85 points required to be discharged. | 还没有累积到足够退伍的85分点数 |
[23:03] | On this the anniversary of D-day… | 在今天这个D日纪念日 |
[23:04] | …he has authorized a lottery to send… | 他给大家一次抽奖机会 |
[23:07] | …one man home in each company… | 每连有一位兄弟能退伍返乡 |
[23:09] | …effective immediately. | 即刻生效 |
[23:12] | For Easy Company, the winner is… | E连的中奖者 |
[23:21] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 拜托 |
[23:25] | Serial number 13066266. | 兵籍号码13066266 |
[23:30] | Sergeant Darrell C. Powers. | 戴若包尔斯中士 |
[23:34] | Shifty | 西福弟 |
[23:35] | That’s how it’s done, Shifty. | 这是你应得的 西福弟 |
[23:40] | Congratulations, Shifty. | 恭喜了 西福弟 |
[23:42] | Sergeant Grant will see to it that 2nd Platoon takes over at the crossroads checkpoint… | 葛兰特中士负责带第二排去路口检查哨换防 |
[23:46] | …beginning tonight at 2200 hours. | 从今晚10点开始 |
[23:49] | – So much for our anniversary. – No shit. | – 周年庆就此结束了 – 没错 |
[23:51] | General Taylor has also announced that the 101st Airborne Division… | 泰勒将军也同时宣布101空降师 |
[23:56] | …will definitely be redeployed to the Pacific. | 绝对会被重新布置在太平洋 |
[24:00] | So, beginning tomorrow, at 0600 hours… | 所以从明早6点开始 |
[24:04] | …we will begin training to go to war. | 我们要开始作战训练 |
[24:15] | Come in. | 进来 |
[24:23] | I don’t mean to interrupt you, sir. | 我无意来打扰你 长官 |
[24:26] | I just wanted to say goodbye. | 我只是想来…道别 |
[24:30] | You know, you was… | 你知道 你是… |
[24:34] | You was… | 你是… |
[24:38] | Well… | 嗯… |
[24:40] | It’s been a long time. | 我跟着您好久了 |
[24:44] | You got everything you need? | 东西都带齐了吗? |
[24:46] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[24:47] | I gathered up my loot. Pistols mainly. | 我把战利品收好了 大部分是手枪 |
[24:50] | Paperwork’s all done. I even got my back pay in my pocket. | 表格都写好了 我甚至已经拿了退伍金 |
[25:00] | Back, back home in Virginia… | 回到在维吉尼亚的家 |
[25:06] | Well… | 嗯… |
[25:10] | I just don’t rightly know how I’m gonna explain all this. | 我只是不知道该如何向别人解释这一切 |
[25:19] | You see, I’ve… | 你知道 |
[25:21] | I’ve seen… I’ve seen… | 我曾见过…我曾见过… |
[25:27] | You’re a hell of a fine soldier, Shifty. | 你是一个非常杰出的军人 西福弟 |
[25:30] | There’s nothing more to explain. | 没有什么需要解释的 |
[25:36] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[25:46] | Two days later, Shifty Powers was on a truck headed for the rear and a boat home. | 两天后 西福弟包尔斯坐上卡车 朝回家的船出发 |
[25:51] | Unfortunately the truck was hit head-on by a drunken corporal from another regiment. | 不幸被一辆由别团一个酒醉的下士驾驶的车迎面撞上 |
[25:56] | Shifty had a broken pelvis… | 西福弟骨盆碎裂 |
[25:58] | …a broken arm, and a bad concussion. | 一只手骨折 并有严重的脑震荡 |
[26:00] | He survived, but spent the next few months in a series of hospitals. | 虽然活了下来 可是得在医院多住几个月 |
[26:05] | I wish I could say that he was our only casualty in Austria. | 我真希望我能说 他是我们在奥地利的唯一伤亡人员 |
[26:09] | I’ve made up my mind, Nix. | 我已经决定了 尼克 |
[26:10] | I got the points, I’m going back to Kitty. | 一旦我集满点数我就要回去找凯蒂 |
[26:13] | Harry, do you really think that Kitty hasn’t run off with some 4-F by now? | 哈利 你真的还认为 凯蒂没跟被退役的男人跑了 |
[26:17] | Son of a bitch. That’s not even funny. | 王八蛋 一点都不好笑 |
[26:21] | Harry, ignore him. | 哈利 别理他 |
[26:23] | How am I supposed to tell her I had the chance to go home to her finally… | 我怎么告诉她说 我本来终于有机会回家找她 |
[26:27] | …but decided not to, so I could go jump on Tokyo? | 却为了想要空降东京而决定放弃? |
[26:29] | All right, so don’t tell her. | 好 那就别告诉她 |
[26:32] | Besides, she’s waited for you for three years, right? | 反正她已经等了你三年了 对不对? |
[26:35] | We’ll be to Tokyo and back in two years, three tops. | 我们去东京再回来差不多只要两年 最多三年 |
[26:38] | It’ll probably be over before you even get there. | 可能在你去之前就会结束了 |
[26:40] | The reality is you’re gonna sit here in Austria for six months waiting to go… | 事实上 你会在奥地利待上半年准备出发 |
[26:44] | …and I’m gonna be back in Wilkes-Barre making babies. | 而我会回到我的温柔乡生小孩 |
[26:47] | – You didn’t tell him? – No, I couldn’t get him to shut up. | – 你还没告诉他? – 还没 我就是没办法让他闭嘴 |
[26:51] | What, tell me what? | 什么? 告诉我什么? |
[26:54] | Guts and Glory here applied for a transfer. | 这位荣誉军人申请转调 |
[26:57] | What? | 什么? |
[26:58] | 13th Airborne are heading out for the Pacific right away. | 第13空降师马上要向太平洋战区出发 |
[27:06] | If I’m going, I wanna get it over with. | 如果我要去 我在这里需要做个了结 |
[27:10] | Are you in on this too? | 你也要去吗? |
[27:12] | I can’t let him go by himself. He doesn’t know where it is. | 我不能让他一个人去 他会找不到路的 |
[27:18] | You’re leaving the men? | 你要离开兄弟们? |
[27:23] | They don’t need me anymore. | 他们不再需要我了 |
[27:36] | Wounded in Normandy? | 在诺曼底受伤? |
[27:37] | Yes, sir. In the leg. It was a minor flesh wound. | 是 长官 在腿部 只是轻微的皮肉伤 |
[27:42] | Company E lost 24 men killed there. | E连在那里损失了24名兄弟 |
[27:44] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[27:46] | Seventeen of those were in my company commander’s plane. It went down on D-day. | 其中17名是在我连连长搭乘的飞机上 他们在D日那天坠毁了 |
[27:51] | So, you were given command of the company on D-day? | 所以你在D日那天受命指挥全连? |
[27:55] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[28:06] | Fall back to your original positions! | 退回你原来的据点 |
[28:09] | Everyone else maintain your pace of fire! | 其他人保持火力 |
[28:22] | In Holland they bumped you to battalion XO. | 在荷兰 他们…把你升去当副营长 |
[28:28] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[28:33] | Bastards took your company away. | 混蛋们把你的连抢走了 |
[29:04] | I fired my last shots there. | 我在那里开了我最后一枪 |
[29:08] | For the whole damn war? | 在整个战争里? |
[29:11] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[29:15] | You got through Bastogne without having to fire your weapon? | 你未发一枪一弹经历了巴斯通之役? |
[29:18] | That is correct, sir. | 正确 长官 |
[29:20] | And you were on the line the whole time? | 而你一直都在战线上? |
[29:22] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[29:27] | Can’t imagine a tougher test for a leader… | 无法想象对领导者有更严酷的考验 |
[29:30] | …having to sit through a siege like that under those conditions. | 在那些状况下撑过围城之苦 |
[29:35] | We got through it. | 我们熬过来了 |
[29:38] | Find some cover, find a foxhole! | 找掩体 找散兵坑 |
[29:41] | Come on, take cover! Take cover! | 快点 找掩体 |
[29:50] | Come on, find some cover! | 快点 快找掩体 |
[29:56] | Why do you want a transfer? | 你为什么要转调? |
[29:59] | Sorry, sir? | 对不起 长官? |
[30:00] | I said, why do you want to leave your men? | 我说你为何要离开你的兄弟? |
[30:03] | It’s not that, sir. | 不是这样的 长官 |
[30:04] | It’s just that if the war was still on in the Pacific… | 我是想太平洋还有战事 |
[30:07] | …and I could do some good over there. | 我还能够协助作战 |
[30:09] | Looking to have your own division someday? | 你是不是想当上师长? |
[30:12] | No, sir. | 不是的 长官 |
[30:13] | Not going to make a career of the army? | 你不想在陆军里发展? |
[30:16] | No. Well, I don’t know, sir. | 不是 我不知道 长官 |
[30:21] | Because if you think you need more combat experience… | 如果你是想获得更多的作战经验 |
[30:23] | …to get stars on your helmet… | 来争取你头盔上的星星的话 |
[30:27] | …let me tell you something, son. | 让我告诉你一件事 孩子 |
[30:30] | You’ve done enough. | 你做的够多了 |
[30:34] | Thank you, sir. That’s not my objective. | 谢谢你 长官 那不是我的目的 |
[30:45] | Major, I took this meeting out of respect for your achievements and for the 101st. | 少校 这次会面 我增加了对你和101师的尊敬 |
[30:52] | If they do go to the Pacific eventually you should be running one of the battalions. | 如果他们最终会被派往太平洋 你应该指挥其中的一个营 |
[31:00] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[31:04] | And frankly, your men have earned the right to keep you around. | 老实说 我认为你的兄弟有权利将你留下来 |
[31:15] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[31:17] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[31:24] | So, I would stay in Austria for the time being waiting for orders… | 所以我暂时得留在奥地利待命 |
[31:28] | …and trying to watch over soldiers who had no enemy to fight. | 想办法看好无敌可战的士兵们 |
[31:32] | Lieb, I fucking hate this. | 李 我不喜欢这样 |
[31:34] | Oh, Jesus Christ, they fingered him. | 拜托 他们已经指认他了 |
[31:37] | He was in the fucking room, Web. | 他曾出现在营房里 韦伯 |
[31:38] | A Polack who was at the slave camps said this is where he lives, here. | 在集中营的一个波兰人说那家伙就住在这里 |
[31:42] | – Which camp? – Whatever camp. | – 哪个集中营? – 管他是哪个 |
[31:46] | I’m under direct orders and I’m happy to follow it. | 我是直接受命的 而且我乐于奉命行事 |
[32:09] | Is this a personal thing, Joe? | 这是你的私事吗 乔? |
[32:10] | What? | 什么? |
[32:11] | Is this personal to you? | 这是你的私事吗? |
[32:13] | No, it’s a goddamn order. | 不是 这是个命令 |
[32:15] | Does Major Winters know about this? | 温特斯少校知道这件事吗? |
[32:18] | Doesn’t matter here. | 这无关紧要了 |
[32:19] | Oh, the fuck it doesn’t. | 无关紧要个屁! |
[32:21] | What if this guy’s just a soldier? | 如果这家伙只是个普通的士兵呢? |
[32:22] | What if he’s an officer with no ties to the SS? | 如果他是个跟党卫军毫无瓜葛的军官呢? |
[32:25] | If he’s innocent? You know… | 如果他根本是无辜的? |
[32:26] | …what if he’s a fucking Nazi commandant of a slave camp? | 如果他是奴隶营里的指挥官? |
[32:29] | Which one, which camp? You don’t have any proof. | 哪一个? 哪个集中营? 你没有任何证据 |
[32:31] | Were you at Landsberg? | 你有去兰登斯堡吗? |
[32:33] | You know I was. | 你明知我有去 |
[32:35] | You think he’s a soldier like you and me? | 你以为他是和你我一样的士兵? |
[32:38] | A fucking innocent German officer? | 一个无辜的德国军官? |
[32:42] | Where the hell have you been for the past three years? | 你过去三年到哪里去了? |
[32:48] | Wer sind Sie? | (德语) |
[32:50] | Was machen Sie hier? | (德语) |
[32:51] | What? | 什么? |
[32:53] | Ich habe gar nichts. | (德语) |
[32:55] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[32:55] | Was machen Sie? | (德语) |
[32:56] | Ruhe. | (德语) |
[32:59] | Sie sind der Kommandant. | (德语) |
[33:00] | Gehen Sie raus. | (德语) |
[33:02] | Sie sind der Kommandant. | (德语) |
[33:03] | Welcher Kommandant? | (德语) |
[33:04] | Vom Arbeitslager. | (德语) |
[33:05] | Ich weiss von keinem Arbeitslager. | (德语) |
[33:07] | Sie haben die falsche Person. | (德语) |
[33:11] | Nein, nein. | 不是 |
[33:14] | Don’t fucking lie to me. | 不要骗我 |
[33:15] | Sie tauschen sich. | (德语) |
[33:17] | See what you did to my fucking people? | 你看看你对我同胞做了什么! |
[33:20] | Nein. | (德语) |
[33:49] | He’s guilty. | 他有罪 |
[33:53] | – Liebgott says so. – He probably is. | – 李高特说他有罪… – 那就是有罪了 |
[34:05] | Goddamn son of a bitch. Shoot him. | 可恶的王八蛋 打他! |
[34:10] | Shoot him! | 开枪打他! |
[34:11] | No. | 不要 |
[34:34] | Officers don’t run. | 军官不该逃的 |
[34:37] | The war’s over, anybody would run. | 战争结束了 换做是谁都会逃 |
[34:42] | Summer in this Alpine paradise should have been a welcome relief… | 在这山中仙境的夏日本该令人放松 |
[34:46] | …especially now that we were at peace with the Germans. | 尤其是现在我们跟德国人和平相处之后 |
[34:49] | Everyone just wanted to go home. | 每个人都只想回家 |
[34:51] | France. France was the best. | 法国 法国最棒了! |
[34:54] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[34:55] | Yeah, five years. | 对! 五年了 |
[34:58] | I think I was in every country, but France was the best. | 我想我每个国家都去过了 可是法国是最棒的 |
[35:07] | Italy would be second for me. | 意大利会是我第二个选择 |
[35:10] | Russia is not desirable. Ukraine, it was okay. | 俄罗斯不行 乌克兰还好 |
[35:15] | So, when do you get out? | 你什么时候退伍? |
[35:18] | The unit is discharged. We leave when my captain gets transferred. | 部队已经解散了 等连长转调后就可以离开了 |
[35:23] | It is the end of my second war. | 这是我第二个战争的结束 |
[35:25] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[35:27] | I’m going home now to Mannheim. | 我要回家了 在曼海姆 |
[35:29] | I’ll take this one. | 这辆车由我来 |
[35:30] | Passkarte, bitte. | (德语) |
[35:35] | Okay. | 好了 |
[35:42] | Hey, Webster. | 嘿 韦伯斯特… |
[35:43] | – My relief. – Don’t salute the Germans. | – 我的替哨 – 不要向德军敬札 |
[35:46] | Come on. I sort of get a kick out of it. | 别这样 我觉得蛮好玩的 |
[35:49] | Anyway, I got me a new enemy. The Japs. | 不管怎样 我现在有新的敌人 日本鬼子! |
[35:52] | 75 points. How about you? I mean, you’re a Toccoa guy, right? | 75点 你呢? 你是塔可亚出身的 对吗? |
[35:57] | – How many you got? – Wouldn’t you like to know? | – 你有几点呢? – 你不会想要知道的 |
[36:03] | Discharged, huh? | 退伍了是吗? |
[36:06] | – Go ahead, take off, it’s my turn. – Okay, see you back at the farm. | – 去吧 你走 该我站了 – 好 我们回头见 |
[36:12] | Eighty-one. | 81点 |
[36:15] | What? | 什么? |
[36:16] | I have 81 points. | 我有81点 |
[36:19] | Well, that’s just not good enough. | 看来还是不够 |
[36:28] | See about getting you a ride. | 我看能不能帮你找个便车 |
[36:31] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[36:32] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[36:33] | Where are they going? | 他们要去哪里? |
[36:35] | Munich. Munchen, Munich. | 慕尼黑 |
[36:38] | Wanna go to Munich? | 你要去慕尼黑吗? |
[36:40] | Mochten Sie nach Munchen gehen? | (德语) |
[36:42] | Ja, bitte. | (德语) |
[36:51] | Get in. | 上车 |
[36:55] | Too bad. | 真可惜 |
[37:01] | Turn the wheel! | 方向盘 |
[37:06] | Oh, Jesus. | 我的天 |
[37:21] | It’s Private Janovec. | 是二等兵杰诺维克 |
[37:26] | He was dead when they brought him in. | 送他来时他已经断气了 |
[37:32] | 75 points. | 75点 |
[37:35] | – What? – He was 10 points short. | – 什么? – 他只差10点 |
[37:40] | The enemy had surrendered, but somehow men were still dying. | 敌军已经投降了 可是阿兵哥们还是继续死亡 |
[37:44] | Young men, who wanted to be home with their families by now… | 从诺曼底前服役至今的年轻士兵 虽然有着卓越的表现 |
[37:47] | …who’d served with distinction since before Normandy… | 就算想在此时与家人团聚 |
[37:50] | …were stuck here because they didn’t have the points. | 却因点数不足而坐困在此 |
[37:52] | What they did have plenty of were weapons, alcohol, and too much time on their hands. | 他们有的只是武器 酒精 还有手中太多的时间 |
[37:59] | When all of a sudden, from out of nowhere… | 他拼命想挣脱他的伞带 |
[38:01] | …a guy jumps out of the hedgerow… | 突然不知从哪儿冒出来一个家伙 跳出树丛 |
[38:03] | …onto this guy’s chest. | 冲出来压住他的胸膛 |
[38:05] | Shoves a trench knife up against his throat and screams, “Whose side are you on?” | 将刀子抵住他的喉咙大喊”你是哪一边的? “ |
[38:11] | I don’t get it. | 我听不懂 |
[38:12] | It’s D-day. | 在D日那天 |
[38:13] | It’s 2nd platoon’s own Bill Guarnere. Old’ Gonorrhea himself. | 是第二排的比尔葛奈瑞 人称老淋病先生 |
[38:17] | Just landed in Normandy and wound up like I don’t know what. | 才刚降落在诺曼底就兴奋的跟什么一样 |
[38:20] | “Whose side are you on?” What a fucking character! | “你是哪一边的”? 真是个怪胎 |
[38:23] | What happened to him? | 他后来怎么样了? |
[38:25] | Got his leg blown off in Bastogne. | 他的脚在巴斯通给炸断了 |
[38:29] | Wait here. | 在这里等着 |
[38:36] | Are you okay, Mac, do you need some help? | 你还好吗 朋友? 你需要帮忙吗? |
[38:46] | They wouldn’t give me any gas. | 他们一点汽油都不给我 |
[38:49] | Krauts. | 臭德仔 |
[38:56] | I tried to explain. | 我试着解释 |
[38:59] | This fucking limey wouldn’t listen. | 这些臭德军就是不听 |
[39:04] | I think he was a Major. | 我想他是个少校 |
[39:07] | Look, Private, we’ve got a problem here. | 你听着 阿兵哥 我们这里出问题了 |
[39:09] | Do you have any gas? | 你有汽油吗? |
[39:12] | Why don’t you give me your weapon? | 把你的枪给我好吗 |
[39:15] | Well, I guess I’ll just use his Jeep. I don’t think he’s gonna be needing it. | 那我只好开他的吉普车 我想他是用不着了 |
[39:20] | Hold on a second there, all right? | 你站在原地别走 |
[39:24] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[39:26] | Sarge! Sergeant Grant! | 中士! 葛兰特中士 |
[39:31] | Sarge! | 中士 |
[39:40] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[39:42] | What? | 怎样? |
[39:43] | He’s not gonna make it. | 他活不成了 |
[39:46] | You can’t operate on him? | 你不能动手术吗? |
[39:47] | Not me. | 我没办法 |
[39:48] | You’d need a brain surgeon. | 你需要一位脑外科医生 |
[39:49] | And even if you had one, I don’t think there’s any hope. | 就算你找到了 我也不认为有任何希望 |
[39:56] | Find the shooter. Alive. Come on, help me. | 你去把凶手抓来 我要活口 过来帮我 |
[39:58] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么? |
[39:59] | We’re gonna go find a brain surgeon. | 我们去找脑外科医生 |
[40:04] | Hey, Lieb. He wants a noncom guarding each roadblock… | 李 他要每个检查哨都要有位士官看管 |
[40:07] | …and two men watching every road out of town. | 每条离开镇上的道路 要有至少两位士兵看守 |
[40:10] | Bull, Malark, you each pick a squad… | 大牛 马拉其 你们每人挑选一班… |
[40:12] | …and one witness on a house to house search. | 及一位目击者做逐屋搜索 |
[40:14] | Can we shoot this bastard on sight? | 可以当场格杀这个混蛋吗? |
[40:16] | Try and take him alive. | 尽量留下活口 |
[40:18] | Where’s Grant now? | 葛兰特现在在哪里? |
[40:19] | They took him to a Kraut hospital… | 他们送他去一间德军医院 |
[40:21] | …to see if they could drum up any good doctors. | 看看能不能找到好医生 |
[40:32] | Open up. | 开门 |
[40:39] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[40:40] | Why? | 为什么? |
[40:41] | Get in the Jeep. | 上吉普车 |
[40:45] | Where’re we going? | 我们要去哪里? |
[40:47] | To the hospital, get in. | 去医院 上车 |
[40:50] | If you’re going to shoot me, shoot me. | 你如果要对我开枪就动手 |
[40:52] | If you’re not, put the gun away. | 如果你不动手 就把枪拿开 |
[40:54] | Get in the Jeep, now. | 快点 上吉普车 |
[40:57] | – What happened to him? – He was shot in the head. | – 他怎么了? – 他头部中弹 |
[41:01] | Half hour ago. Come on. | 在半个小时前 快点! |
[41:05] | If you want him to live, you’ll help me. | 如果你要他活下去 你就要帮我 |
[41:08] | First by putting that away. | 首先把枪拿开 |
[41:13] | – Let’s go. – Let me drive. | – 我们走 – 让我来开 |
[41:15] | We’ll get there faster. | 我们可以快一点到 |
[41:30] | Jesus. Again, what a hand. | 老天 又是一手烂牌 |
[41:36] | I don’t know who’s taking a bigger beating, me or him. | 不知道是谁比较惨 是我还是他? |
[41:38] | Wanna play a different game? | 玩别的游戏? |
[41:40] | No. | 不用 |
[41:41] | Same game, just shuffle them up good, huh? | 就玩这种 你只要把牌洗好 好吗? |
[41:46] | – You all right? – Yeah, I’m all right. | – 你还好吗? – 好 我很好 |
[41:50] | You wanna go in there and join in? | 你要进去加入他们吗? |
[41:54] | I should go in there and stop this. | 我应该进去叫他们别再打了 |
[41:57] | Floyd, let’s just play cards, all right? | 佛洛依德 我们打牌就好 好吗? |
[42:06] | Where is he? | 人在哪里? |
[42:07] | How’s Grant? | 葛兰特还好吗? |
[42:08] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗? |
[42:20] | This him? | 就是他吗? |
[42:23] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[42:27] | Replacement I Company. | I连的新兵 |
[42:31] | Where’s the weapon? | 武器在哪里? |
[42:35] | What weapon? | 什么武器? |
[42:39] | When you talk to an officer, you say “sir.” | 当你跟军官说话时 你要说长官 |
[43:33] | Have the MPs take care of this piece of shit. | 叫宪兵来处理这个人渣 |
[43:38] | – Grant’s dead? – No. | – 葛兰特死了吗? – 没有 |
[43:42] | Kraut surgeon says he’s gonna make it. | 德国军医说他能活下来 |
[43:48] | Hey, tough guy, on your feet. Come on, move, move it. | 硬汉 站起来 走了 快点 站起来 |
[43:54] | I’m guessing they were Hitler’s photo albums, sir. | 我猜那些是希特勒的相簿 长官 |
[43:56] | Sure had a lot of pictures of him in it. | 里面有很多他的照片 |
[43:59] | You looked at them, but you didn’t take them? | 你看到那些相簿却一本也没拿? |
[44:01] | That’s right, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[44:03] | I don’t believe you. | 我才不相信你 |
[44:10] | I’ll be watching you. | 我会盯着你 |
[44:11] | You’re dismissed. | 你可以走了 |
[44:17] | You’d better not be lying to me. | 你最好别骗我 |
[44:24] | What? | 什么事? |
[44:25] | Sir, if it’s not gonna put you in too much of a bind… | 长官! 如果不会造成你太大困扰的话 |
[44:30] | …I’d like to resign as Company 1st Sergeant. | 我想请辞连队军士长的职位 |
[44:34] | If I had my choice I miss being back amongst the men. | 如果我能选择 我想念跟兄弟们一起的时光 |
[44:38] | I’d be happy to go to Staff Sergeant whichever platoon you wanna put me in. | 我会很高兴担任幕僚士官 随便你要我去哪一排 |
[44:47] | Well, I guess you’ve earned your right to demote yourself. | 我想你已经争取到自己降级的权利 |
[44:51] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[44:54] | You wanna take over Sergeant Grant’s platoon? | 你要不要带葛兰特中士那一班? |
[44:57] | That would do fine, sir. | 那很好 长官 |
[45:03] | All right then, report to Lieutenant Peacock. | 那就好 向皮卡克少尉报到 |
[45:08] | Let me know if he gives you any trouble. | 他要是找你麻烦就跟我说 |
[45:12] | Oh, sir, you make your decision yet? | 长官 你做决定了吗? |
[45:16] | Yeah, I did. | 我决定了 |
[45:25] | So, what else is on your mind? | 你心里还有什么打算? |
[45:28] | I know Easy Company’s gonna need a Commanding Officer post-war. | 我知道E连在战后还需要一位连长 |
[45:31] | Somebody to hold their hand keep them from killing each other. | 一个能够支持他们避免他们自相残杀的人 |
[45:36] | It better be somebody who knows what they’re doing. | 最好是个了解兄弟的人 |
[45:39] | Yep, I couldn’t agree more. | 对 我完全同意 |
[45:40] | It’s absolutely irresponsible to leave them in the hands of the wrong person. | 把他们交给不适任的人是绝对不负责任的 |
[45:45] | They’re too much of a valuable resource to the military. | 他们是军方无比珍贵的资源 |
[45:52] | So, you’ve decided to stay in the army? | 你决定留在陆军了? |
[45:55] | Yes, I’m gonna stay with the men. | 是的 我要留下来陪他们 |
[45:59] | Well, I’m glad to hear it. | 我很高兴听到你这么说 |
[46:04] | So, some of us would stay by choice… | 所以有些人选择留下来 |
[46:07] | …but others were stuck if we couldn’t find excuses to send them away. | 可其他人却还困在这里 除非找到送走他们的理由 |
[46:11] | So, it’s an airborne exhibition. | 这是个跳伞表演 |
[46:13] | They have one of every Allied combat plane they’ve used in the war. | 他们会出动每一种盟军参战的飞机 |
[46:18] | I mean, yes, sir. | 我是说 是的 长官 |
[46:19] | You’ll be like a technical adviser to make sure they get everything right. | 你是技术顾问 确定他们不会出错 |
[46:24] | I understand, sir. | 我了解了 长官 |
[46:25] | I’m sorry it’s not a more hospitable location. | 很抱歉 不是你最想去的地方 |
[46:28] | No, sir. Paris is just fine. | 不会的 长官 巴黎…还可以啦 |
[46:30] | You know, if you need me to go… | 如果你需要我去 |
[46:32] | – …someone must be there. – Yeah, we do, we absolutely do. | – 总有人要去的 – 是的 我们需要 我们绝对需要 |
[46:35] | And your driver will drop you off at a hotel of your choice. | 司机会送你到你挑选的旅馆 |
[46:38] | And I don’t think we’ll see you back here any time soon. | 我想我们短时间内 不会在这里再看到你 |
[46:44] | I won’t let you down, sir. | 我不会让你失望的 长官 |
[47:00] | Carwood, yes. | 卡伍德 对了… |
[47:03] | I wanted to say… | 我想说的是… |
[47:05] | …as you probably know… | 或许你已经知道 |
[47:07] | …when they give a man a battlefield commission make him an officer… | 陆军在颁给一个人战场委任书升他当军官后 |
[47:11] | …they usually don’t let him stay with the same company. | 通常不会让他待在同一连 |
[47:13] | Yes, sir, I figured this was coming. | 是的 长官 我已经料想到这一天的到来 |
[47:16] | Yeah, they’re afraid the men won’t show him the proper degree of respect as they would another officer. | 对 是怕兄弟们不会给他对军官应有的尊敬 |
[47:22] | It’s a good theory, sir. | 这是个很好的理论 长官 |
[47:23] | It’s an idiotic theory especially in your case. | 这是个白痴的理论 特别是用在你的身上 |
[47:26] | Nevertheless, they’ve given me the choice as to where to re-assign you… | 尽管如此 他们还是给了我重新指派你的选择 |
[47:30] | …and I thought battalion headquarters might be a good place. | 而我想营指挥部应该是个好地方 |
[47:35] | I can think of few better, sir. | 我想不出更好的地方了 长官 |
[47:37] | Good. | 很好 |
[47:39] | Good. | 很好 |
[47:41] | Right now, down at the airfield there is a German general who is a little POed… | 现在在机场那边有位德国将军 |
[47:46] | …about having to surrender to a private from South Philly. | 对要向来自南费城的大兵贝比·赫夫朗投降有些迟疑 |
[47:50] | – Thinks it’s beneath his stature. – Understandable, sir. | – 他觉得有失他的身份 – 这我能了解 长官 |
[47:53] | Yeah. I thought 2nd Lieutenant Carwood Lipton from West Virginia… | 对! 我想来自西维吉尼亚的卡伍德·李普顿少尉… |
[47:58] | …could soothe his ruffled feathers. | 可以杀杀他的傲气 |
[48:00] | No problem, sir. | 没问题 长官 |
[48:02] | Major, is this the type of job I can expect from now on? | 少校 这是不是从现在开始…我可以期待的工作形态? |
[48:08] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 |
[48:10] | When we’re not sunning ourselves by the lake. | 当我们不在湖边晒太阳的时候 |
[48:23] | Lieutenant. | 少尉 |
[48:33] | With your permission, I would like to address my men briefly. | 经由你的同意 我想跟兄弟们简短说些话 |
[48:37] | That’ll be fine, General. | 没问题 将军 |
[48:49] | Captain Sobel. | 索柏上尉 |
[48:51] | – Major Winters. – Captain Sobel. | – 温特斯少校 – 索柏上尉 |
[48:55] | We salute the rank, not the man. | 敬礼是看官阶 不是看人的 |
[49:15] | Manner… | (德语) |
[49:17] | …es war ein langer Krieg. | (德语) |
[49:20] | Es war ein harter Krieg. | (德语) |
[49:22] | Liebgott? | 李高特? |
[49:25] | Men, it’s been a long war, it’s been a tough war. | 这是个漫长的战争 也是一场艰苦的战争 |
[49:28] | lhr habt tapfer und stolz fur euer Vaterland gekampft. | (德语) |
[49:32] | You have fought bravely, proudly for your country. | 你们英勇…并骄傲的为祖国作战 |
[49:37] | lhr seid eine besondere Gruppe… | (德语) |
[49:41] | You are a special group… | 你们是不平凡的一群 |
[49:42] | …die ineinander einen Zusammenhalt gefunden habt… | (德语) |
[49:46] | …who have found in one another a bond… | 彼此紧密相连 |
[49:50] | …wie er sich nur im Kampf entwickeln kann. | (德语) |
[49:54] | …that exists only in combat. | 这样的友谊只存在战斗中 |
[49:57] | Unter Kameraden… | (德语) |
[49:58] | Among brothers… | 在兄弟之间 |
[50:00] | …die Fuchshohlen geteilt haben. | (德语) |
[50:02] | …of shared foxholes. | 共同使用散兵坑 |
[50:04] | Die sich in schrecklichen Momenten… | (德语) |
[50:07] | …gegenseitig geschtutzt haben. | (德语) |
[50:09] | Held each other in dire moments. | 在最需要的时刻彼此扶持 |
[50:11] | Die den Tod zusammen gesehen haben. | (德语) |
[50:17] | Und gemeinsam gelitten haben. | (德语) |
[50:19] | Who’ve seen death and suffered together. | 你们看过死亡 一起接受磨难 |
[50:23] | Ich bin stolz… | (德语) |
[50:26] | …mit euch gedient zu haben. | (德语) |
[50:30] | I am proud to have served with each and every one of you. | 我很骄傲能与你们每个人共同服役 |
[50:35] | Sie alle verdienen ein langes und gluckliches… | (德语) |
[50:38] | …Leben in Frieden. | (德语) |
[50:40] | You deserve long and happy lives of peace. | 你们有权享受永远的快乐的和平生活 |
[50:59] | Towel, towel, towel, towel, towel. | 毛巾 |
[51:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢! |
[51:04] | Take a look at these two kids. | 看看这两个孩子 |
[51:07] | What the hell happened to them? | 他们究竟发生什么事了? |
[51:11] | New Jersey, huh? | 纽泽西 是不是? |
[51:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[51:17] | Think about it. | 考虑看看 |
[51:19] | Yeah, I am. | 有 我在考虑 |
[51:22] | You awake yet? | 你睡醒了吗? |
[51:26] | Awake? | 睡醒? |
[51:28] | Time to go to bed. | 该上床睡觉了 |
[51:44] | Bad luck, Jimmy. | 运气不好 吉米 |
[51:47] | Nice play. | 守得好 |
[51:49] | Come on, we got one down. | 来吧 一人出局了 |
[51:51] | Come on, Pee Wee, let’s get Webster. | 来吧 小不点 让我们解决韦伯斯特 |
[51:57] | Buck Compton came back to see the Company. To let us know that he was all right. | “巴克·康普顿”回到连上看大家 让大家知道他很好 |
[52:01] | He became a prosecutor in Los Angeles. | 他后来成为洛杉矶的检察官 |
[52:04] | He convicted Sirhan Sirhan in the murder of Robert Kennedy… | 他在罗伯特·肯里迪的谋杀案中 将凶手索罕定罪 |
[52:07] | …and was later appointed to the California Court of Appeals. | 之后被指派任职于加州上诉法院 |
[52:12] | David Webster became a writer for The Saturday Evening Post and Wall Street Journal… | “大卫·韦伯斯特”成为周六邮报、华尔街日报的专栏作家 |
[52:17] | …and later wrote a book about sharks. | 之后他写了本有关鲨鱼的书 |
[52:19] | In 1961, he went out on the ocean alone… | 在1961年他独自出海之后 |
[52:24] | …and was never seen again. | 就没有人再见过他了 |
[52:29] | Go, go, go! | 跑 |
[52:32] | Johnny Martin would return to his job at the railroad… | “强尼·马丁”回到原先他在铁路公司的工作 |
[52:35] | …and then start his own construction company. | 然后开设他自己的建筑公司 |
[52:38] | He splits his time between Arizona and a place in Montana. | 在亚历桑纳及蒙大拿两地来回奔波 |
[52:44] | George Luz became a handyman in Providence, Rhode Island… | “乔治·鲁兹”在罗德岛州的普拉福登斯担任杂务工 |
[52:49] | …and as a testament to his character… | 由于他极佳的人缘 |
[52:51] | …1600 people attended his funeral 1998. | 1600人在1998年参加了他的丧札 |
[52:58] | Doc Roe died in Louisiana in 1998. | “罗医官”于1998年在路易斯安那逝世 |
[53:03] | He’d been a construction contractor. | 他成为一位建筑承包商 |
[53:08] | Frank Perconte returned to Chicago and worked a postal route as a mailman. | “法兰克·派康提”回到芝加哥 在一间邮局担任邮递员 |
[53:20] | Joe Liebgott returned to San Francisco… | “乔·李高特”回到旧金山 |
[53:23] | …and drove his cab. | 开他的出租车 |
[53:26] | Bull Randleman was one of the best soldiers I ever had. | “大牛·蓝道曼”是我带过最好的士兵之一 |
[53:31] | He went into the earth-moving business in Arkansas. | 他在阿肯色州从事挖掘土方的事业 |
[53:34] | He’s still there. | 他还在那里 |
[53:43] | Alton More returned to Wyoming with a unique souvenir… | “奥顿·摩尔”带了一件特殊的纪念品回到怀俄明 |
[53:47] | …Hitler’s personal photo albums. | 就是希特勒的私人相簿 |
[53:50] | He was killed in a car accident in 1958. | 他在1958年因车祸过世 |
[53:55] | Floyd Talbert, we all lost touch with in civilian life… | “佛洛依德·泰伯特”在解甲归田后 便与我们失去联络 |
[53:59] | …until he showed up at a reunion just before his death in 1981. | 直到1981年 在他去世前的聚会中才再见到他 |
[54:05] | How we lived our lives after the war was as varied as each man. | 我们战后的生活人人不同 |
[54:11] | Carwood Lipton became a glass-making executive… | “卡伍德·李普顿”成为玻璃工厂主管 |
[54:14] | …in charge of factories all over the world. | 掌管的工厂遍及全球 |
[54:16] | He has a nice life in North Carolina. | 在北卡罗荣纳过着美好的生活 |
[54:20] | Harry Welsh, he married Kitty Grogan… | “哈利·威尔旭” 他娶了”凯蒂·葛罗根” |
[54:22] | …became an administrator for the Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania school system. | 成为威克司巴尔宾州分校的行政主管 |
[54:30] | Ronald Speirs stayed in the army served in Korea… | “隆纳德·史毕尔”留在陆军 参加了朝鲜战争 |
[54:33] | …and in 1958, returned to Germany as governor of Spandau prison. | 并在1958年返回德国担任斯班朵监狱的典狱长 |
[54:38] | He retired a Lieutenant Colonel. | 以中校阶级退伍 |
[54:46] | Get them round. | 叫他们集合 |
[54:49] | Easy Company, school circle! | E连 成谈话队形! |
[54:58] | For Easy Company, it was D-day plus 434. | 对E连来说 这是D日后的第434天 |
[55:02] | A fast man would’ve had it, Perco. | 脑筋快的人该想到了 派康提 |
[55:06] | Listen up, got some news. | 注意听 有消息宣布 |
[55:10] | This morning President Truman received the unconditional surrender from the Japanese. | 今天早上 杜鲁门总统接受了日本的无条件投降 |
[55:16] | War’s over. | 战争结束了 |
[55:19] | Regardless of points, medals, or wounds… | 不管点数 勋章或是伤痕 |
[55:22] | …each man in the 101st Airborne would be going home. | 每个101空降师兄弟都要回家了 |
[55:27] | Each of us would be forever connected by our shared experience. | 我们每个人都会因为共同经历而永远相系 |
[55:32] | And each would have to rejoin the world as best he could. | 每个人也必须尽力重新加入世界 |
[55:38] | War is over | 战争结束了! |
[55:51] | Lewis Nixon had some tough times after the war. | “路易士·尼克森”在战后不是很得意 |
[55:54] | He was divorced a couple of times. | 离了几次婚 |
[55:57] | Then in 1956, he married a woman named Grace and everything came together for him. | 1956年娶了”葛瑞丝” 从此一帆风顺 |
[56:02] | He spent the rest of his life with her, traveling the world. | 他与她共度余生 四处旅游 |
[56:05] | My friend, Lew, died in 1995. | 我的好友路易于1995年过世 |
[56:10] | I took up his job offer and was a personnel manager at the Nixon nitration works until I was called back… | 我接受了他的工作 在尼克森化肥产品担任人事经理 |
[56:16] | …into service in 1950 to train officers and rangers… | 直到1950年我被征召回部队 去训练军官及突击队员 |
[56:19] | …but I chose not to go to Korea. I’d had enough of war. | 可我没有选择去朝鲜并以此为业 我已经历太多战争 |
[56:23] | I stayed around Hershey, Pennsylvania finally finding a little farm. | 我在宾州贺胥待了下来 最后终于找到一处农场 |
[56:28] | A little peaceful corner of the world… | 世界上平静的一个小角落 |
[56:30] | …where I still live today. | 到现在我仍旧住在这里 |
[56:32] | And there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of the men I served with… | 我没有一天不想 那些曾经与我一起服役… |
[56:38] | …who never got to enjoy the world without war. | 却未能有机会享受没有战争的日子的兄弟们 |
[56:43] | It’s a very unusual feeling. | 这是一个很奇特的感觉 (迪克·温特斯) |
[56:47] | It’s a very unusual happening and it’s a very unusual bonding. | 这是件很不平凡的事 它是个非比寻常的连结 |
[56:52] | We knew that we could depend on each other… | 我们知道我们可以彼此依赖 (卡伍德·李普顿) |
[56:55] | …and so, we were a close-knit group. | 所以我们是很紧密的团体 |
[56:58] | Just brave, so brave it was unbelievable. | 就是勇气 难以置信的勇敢 (马拉其 唐诺) |
[57:00] | And I don’t know anybody that I admire more than Bill Guarnere and Joe Toye. | 我最崇拜比尔葛奈瑞还有乔托伊 |
[57:08] | And they were very, very special. | 他们都很特别 |
[57:12] | I’m just one part of the big war, that’s all. | 我只是在大战里的一部分 如此而已 |
[57:15] | One little part. | 一小部分 (比尔·加尼尔 中士) |
[57:17] | And I’m proud to be a part of it. | 而我很骄傲能参与其中 |
[57:20] | Sometimes it makes me cry. | 有时候它会使我哭泣 |
[57:23] | The real men the real heroes are the fellows… | 真正的男子汉 英雄们 (大兵 赫弗朗) |
[57:26] | …that are still buried over there and those that came home to be buried. | 是那些还埋在那里与殉国返乡被葬的人 |
[57:30] | It seemed like you thought that you could do… | 感觉好象是你以为你能做任何事 |
[57:33] | …just about anything and after the war was over and you came back out. | 当战争结束后你回到社会 (西福地·鲍尔斯) |
[57:38] | Well, you lost a lot of that… | 你丧失许多这种能力 |
[57:40] | …or at least I did. | 至少我是如此 |
[57:41] | I lost all that confidence. | 我丧失了原有的信心 |
[57:42] | We was hoping to stay alive, that’s all, you know. | 我只是想活下来 如此而已 (约翰·马丁) |
[57:48] | Henry the Fifth was talking to his men. | 亨利五世跟他的士兵们说话 |
[57:52] | He said, “From this day to the ending of the world… | 他说从今天到世界末日 |
[57:58] | “…we in it shall be remembered. | 我们永远会被记得 |
[58:01] | “We lucky few, we band of brothers. | 我们幸运的少数 我们相系相依的兄弟 |
[58:05] | “For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.” | 谁今日与我共同浴血 他就是我的兄弟 |
[58:13] | Do you remember… | 你还记得 |
[58:17] | …the letter that my granny wrote me? | 我祖母写给我的信吗? |
[58:21] | You do? Do you remember how I ended it? | 你记得吗? 记得最后怎么结束的? |
[58:26] | “I cherish the memories of a question… | 我很珍惜这段记忆 |
[58:30] | “my grandson asked me the other day… | 有天我孙子问我一个问题 |
[58:34] | “…when he said: | 他问我: |
[58:36] | “Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?” | “爷爷 你是大战中的英雄吗? “ |
[58:42] | Grandpa said, “No… | 我回答: 不是 |
[58:49] | “…but I served in the company of heroes.” | 可是我与英雄们一起服役 |