英文名称:Loving Vincent
年代:2017
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:07] | 本片由一百多名艺术家团队全部手工绘制而成 | |
[01:16] | 瓦兹河畔 奥维尔镇 | |
[01:19] | 7月27日星期天 37岁的荷兰常驻画家梵高 | |
[01:25] | 现居于奥弗大街 在田野中开枪自杀 | |
[01:26] | 本片故事发生于文森特·梵高逝世一年后 | |
[01:29] | 当时他中枪受伤 于返回旅馆房间后两日离世 | |
[01:30] | 故事始于1891年 法国阿尔勒 | |
[01:46] | 我们只能用绘画来表达对您的敬意和问候 | |
[01:51] | 我心藏瑰宝灿烂如歌 唯有画作可为我吟唱 | |
[01:56] | 梵高·星空之谜 | |
[04:36] | He’s always out for trouble, that one. | 那小子就爱惹麻烦 |
[04:41] | So bad. | 够他疼的 |
[04:43] | That’s for my father. | 这一拳是替我父亲打的 |
[04:44] | Right, that’s amazing. | 这一拳还挺有样儿 |
[04:46] | Shows over. | 好戏结束了 |
[04:49] | What’s going on here then? | 刚刚这是怎么回事儿 |
[04:51] | Sir. | 长官 |
[04:52] | Was that young Armand I saw you fighting with? | 刚刚跟你打架的是阿曼德吗 |
[04:54] | Aye sir. | 是 长官 |
[04:57] | Over what? | 为什么打架 |
[04:58] | Over crazy red, that painter guy he used to know. | 为了一个红头发的疯子 你认识的那个死了的画家 |
[05:01] | Really? | 是吗 |
[05:03] | He dropped that, sir. | 这是他掉的 长官 |
[05:10] | 明信片 提奥·梵高 巴黎 | |
[05:10] | I’ll take it in. | 嗯 我拿进去吧 |
[05:12] | At ease, soldier. | 歇歇吧 士兵 |
[05:16] | Causing trouble again I see. | 看来你又惹事儿了 |
[05:20] | You dropped your letter outside. | 你把信落在外面了 |
[05:21] | It’s not my letter. | 那不是我的信 |
[05:23] | It’s Vincent’s. | 是文森特的 |
[05:25] | It’s to Theo Van Gogh. | 这信是给提奥·梵高的 |
[05:27] | That’s Vincent’s brother, isn’t it? | 他是文森特的弟弟吧 |
[05:29] | Yeah, Vincent left it behind. | 对 文森特把信给落了 |
[05:32] | His old landlord Geno was having a clear out and found it. | 他的前房东吉诺打扫房间时发现的 |
[05:35] | So he gave it to my father | 房东把信交给了我父亲 |
[05:37] | and father told me I have to deliver it. | 我父亲让我把信送过去 |
[05:40] | Like it’s my business. | 跟我有什么关系 |
[05:41] | My job is to bash metal into shape, | 我就是个做铁匠活儿的 |
[05:44] | not Deliver letters. | 不是送信的 |
[05:52] | Help yourself why don’t you? | 你刚才拿得很顺手啊 |
[05:53] | Well he doesn’t need it, does he? | 反正他也喝不了了 对吧 |
[06:05] | I don’t see the point in delivering a dead man’s letter. | 真不懂一个死人的信还有什么好送的 |
[06:08] | Your father just wants to pay his respects. | 你父亲这是为了表达对他的敬意 |
[06:11] | What for? | 图什么 |
[06:13] | What did that nobody ever do for us? | 知道那个家伙怎么害我们家的吗 |
[06:16] | Making my family hated | 他害得每个人都恨我们 |
[06:18] | when my old man refused to sign that petition. | 因为我父亲不愿在请愿书上签字 |
[06:21] | To throw him out of the town… | 把他从镇上赶出去… |
[06:23] | I signed it. | 我就签了 |
[06:25] | And, that’s well and good, he was mad. | 赶走了他才好 他疯了 |
[06:27] | He wasn’t. He was an interesting man. | 他没疯 他这人其实挺有意思的 |
[06:30] | Things only got strange when that friend of his Gauguin cames. | 但是他的朋友高更来了之后 他开始变得古怪了 |
[06:39] | Vincent was all enthusiastic for his yellow house | 当时文森特一心想把他的黄色小屋 |
[06:42] | to become this hostel for painters. | 改造成画家之家 |
[06:44] | And Gauguin would be the master. | 让高更来主管一切 |
[06:47] | Where’s the chair’? | 椅子在哪儿 |
[06:52] | Oh, Yeah. | 哦 天那 |
[06:54] | Perfect. | 太完美了 |
[06:56] | But when he finally came, | 但是高更到了之后 |
[06:59] | they quickly went from firm friends | 这对原本关系要好的朋友 |
[07:01] | to being at each other’s throats. | 竟然闹得不可开交 |
[07:33] | No, no, no you can’t Go. | 不行 不行 不 你不能走 |
[07:36] | No, you can’t got. | 不行 你不能走 |
[07:38] | Calm down, Vincent. | 冷静点 文森特 |
[08:07] | – Beverly. – Hello Vincent. | – 盖比 – 你好 文森特 |
[08:09] | I brought you a gift. | 我有个东西要送给你 |
[08:11] | Have you been fighting? | 你打架了吗 |
[08:15] | – Take good care of it. – Sweet. | – 好好收着吧 – 你真好 |
[08:18] | Oh what… | 哦 什么啊 |
[08:23] | Are you alright? | 你没事儿吧 |
[08:29] | Interesting man? | 他确实挺有意思 |
[08:32] | That’s not how I remember him. | 这可不是我印象中的他 |
[08:40] | Vincent. | 文森特 |
[08:42] | Armand. | 阿曼德 |
[08:46] | Wait. | 等等 |
[08:47] | What happened, he is crying? | 楼上的怎么了 一直在哭喊 |
[08:49] | That nutcase has cut off his ear. | 那个疯子把自己耳朵给割下来了 |
[08:50] | Your dad sewing it back on is he? | 你父亲在帮他缝耳朵吗 |
[08:52] | No, he’s helping. | 没有 在照顾他呢 |
[08:53] | Well that figures one drunk and crazy helping another. | 所以 那是一个酒鬼在照顾另一个酒鬼呗 |
[08:57] | Go on say it! | 你再说一遍 说啊 |
[08:58] | Say it again. | 有种你再说一遍 |
[09:16] | The trial’s next week. | 下周就开庭审了 |
[09:18] | Did not think there were any left. | 那就不剩什么人了 |
[09:19] | not after him losing. | 只剩可怜的利奇 |
[09:21] | – Oh they’re back – Crawling back in. | – 他们会回来吗 – 爬也要爬回来 |
[09:23] | Evening gents, have you seen my son? | 晚上好 两位 你们看到我儿子了吗 |
[09:25] | Ah Mr. Roulin, yes you’ll find him inside. | 鲁兰先生 看到了 他就在里面呢 |
[09:28] | He’s meant to be on a train to Paris. | 他今天应该坐火车去巴黎的 |
[09:30] | He don’t look like he’s planning on going anywhere right now. | 看他那样子是哪儿也去不成了 |
[09:33] | We’ll soon see about that. | 我去找他问问情况 |
[09:35] | He’s in trouble. | 这下他有麻烦了 |
[09:37] | The boy looks for it. | 那小子是自找的 |
[09:39] | Evening Joseph. | 晚上好 约瑟夫 |
[09:46] | Why can’t You just post it? | 你就不能把信直接寄出去吗 |
[09:48] | I did, the letter got returned as undeliverable. | 我寄过 但被退回来了 说是无法投递 |
[09:53] | Well if your postal service can’t find him, | 连你们邮局都找不到他 |
[09:55] | what makes you think I can? | 你认为我就可以找到吗 |
[09:57] | Just use your initiative son. | 你去多想想办法 儿子 |
[10:00] | An important man like Mr. Theo Van Gogh ask around. | 像提奥·梵高那样的人物 一打听就好找了 |
[10:04] | But, what do I say when I find him? | 可我见到他之后应该说什么啊 |
[10:07] | It’s customary to start with I’m sorry for your loss. | 一般通常的说法是”您哥哥的事,请您节哀” |
[10:12] | Let’s got You sobered up. | 我先让你醒醒酒 |
[10:14] | I can’t go, it’s too late. | 我去不了了 太晚了 |
[10:37] | You’re to convey deepest condolences from myself, your mother, and your brother. | 代我 你母亲 和你弟弟向他表示深切的悼念 |
[10:42] | Oh, and don’t forget Little Marcel. | 别忘了还有小玛莎尔 |
[10:46] | She was his friend too. | 她也是文森特的朋友 |
[10:48] | She was 10 months old. | 她那会儿才十个月大 |
[10:51] | Babes are like animals son. | 婴儿和动物是很像的 儿子 |
[10:53] | They can know the heart of a man just by the size of ’em. | 他们一眼就知道一个人的真心 |
[10:58] | No, they can’t. | 可不是么 |
[10:59] | They’re less fickle than grown-ups. | 不像成年人那样说变就变 |
[11:03] | Just look at Ginoux, | 看看那个吉诺 |
[11:05] | He takes Vincent’s money with a smile for a whole year | 文森特付给他一年房租的时候眉开眼笑的 |
[11:08] | and then signs a petition condemning him. | 但转眼就在赶走他的请愿书上签了字 |
[11:10] | Hey, mind you say that Geno had the letter for two years. | 别忘了 就说是吉诺把这封信放了两年 |
[11:15] | I don’t want Mr. Theo thinking that we been sitting on it. | 别让提奥先生以为是我们把信给耽误了 |
[11:18] | Tell him how Geno didn’t even bother handing it over to me, | 就说吉诺本来没想把信给我的 |
[11:20] | until he heard that Vincent had…. | 要不是听说文森特他… |
[11:25] | Killed himself? | 自杀了? |
[11:27] | Why do you find that so hard to believe? | 他自杀了有什么难以置信的 |
[11:30] | You saw what happened here. | 他的情况你也知道 |
[11:32] | He had a breakdown,it happens to people. | 他的精神是垮了 但那是人之常情 |
[11:34] | They’re weak. | 软弱的人才会跨 |
[11:37] | Live longer, | 等你年纪大了 |
[11:39] | you’ll see. | 就会明白了 |
[11:41] | Life can even bring down the strong. | 再坚强的人也会被生活击垮 |
[11:48] | After the ear, nobody would even give him a chance. | 他割了耳朵后 大家再也没有正眼看过他 |
[11:52] | Even kids were tormenting him. | 连孩子们都去欺负他 |
[11:55] | Get out of here! | 快滚吧你 快 |
[12:03] | Go on, get out of here! | 快滚 滚远点 |
[12:07] | We’re the champions! | 我们是冠军 |
[12:09] | We are the kings. | 我们是国王 |
[12:11] | I call it weak letting kids chase him into the nuthouse. | 他那就是软弱 竟被一群孩子逼进了疯人院 |
[12:16] | And his neighbors, and the police, | 逼他的还有邻居 还有警察 |
[12:21] | and the mayor, and the whole town! | 还有镇长 包括镇里所有的人 |
[12:25] | Against an ill man! | 大家都欺负一个病人 |
[12:28] | He is a ill man? | 他有病啊? |
[12:31] | He even checked himself into Saint Remy to get better | 他还去圣雷米精神病院治疗 |
[12:34] | and so he did. | 他主动去了 |
[12:36] | He got discharged cured. | 最后恢复了正常 出了院 |
[12:38] | It doesn’t mean he stayed cured, does it? | 但是这不保证他以后没有复发 不是吗 |
[12:45] | I feel absolutely calm and in a normal state. | 我感觉自己非常幸福 精神十分正常 |
[12:49] | This is what he writes me, | 这是他写给我的 |
[12:51] | six weeks before he’s dead. | 就在他去世的六周前 |
[12:55] | How does a man go from being absolutely calm | 他在六周前精神还好端端的 |
[12:59] | to being suicidal in six weeks? | 又怎么会在六周后自杀呢 |
[13:04] | It’s sad, I get that. | 这很悲哀 我明白 |
[13:08] | But, what good will delivering that letter do now? | 但是现在把这封信送过去还有什么意义 |
[13:14] | They were very close. | 他们俩兄弟感情很好 |
[13:18] | Vincent would write his brother every day. | 文森特给他弟弟写信 几乎每天一封 |
[13:22] | I know I’m the one who collected the letters. | 我很清楚 因为这些信都是我收的 |
[13:26] | If it were me, I’d want it. | 换我是提奥 我也想收到 |
[13:31] | If it was you, heavens forbid, | 如果那人是你 但愿不会这样 |
[13:33] | if you had died, and there was a letter out there | 然后你死前想寄一封信给我 |
[13:36] | that you had sent to me, I’d want it. | 我会非常想收到这封信 |
[13:42] | Wouldn’t you want it if it was me? | 如果是我走了呢 你不想收到吗 |
[14:14] | Whoa, lunatic! | 喔哦哦 你个疯子 |
[14:21] | 煎饼磨坊 | |
[14:53] | 唐吉老爹 | |
[14:58] | We could go to the Park. | 我们可以去公园 |
[14:59] | Yeah, but it’s probably still muddy. | 可以 不过那边的路可能会有烂泥 |
[15:02] | I heard you were Vincent’s paint supplier. | 我听说文森特在您这儿买颜料 |
[15:05] | So I thought you might know Theo. | 不知您是不是认识提奥 |
[15:07] | We need a drink I think. | 我们先喝一杯吧 |
[15:09] | It’s brandy. | 这是白兰地 |
[15:10] | Do take a seat. | 坐一会吧 |
[15:11] | He wasn’t at the address we’ve got. | 他不在我拿到的地址上 |
[15:14] | The guy there said you might know. | 住那儿的人说 你可能知道 |
[15:16] | I’m afraid you’ll never deliver that letter to Theo Van Gogh. | 恐怕你没法把这封信交给提奥·梵高了 |
[15:21] | Oh, I see. | 哦 那好吧 |
[15:22] | Well… how come? | 那…为什么这么说呢 |
[15:25] | Two hearts, | 兄弟二人 |
[15:27] | one mind. | 同心同命 |
[15:29] | that’s what Vincent told me. | 这是文森特这么告诉我的 |
[15:32] | Maybe that was the case after all | 也许让他给说中了 |
[15:35] | because after Vincent died, | 因为文森特去世以后 |
[15:37] | Theo went into sharp decline. | 提奥的精神情况也急剧恶化 |
[15:40] | Can I get you something my love? | 你要吃点什么 亲爱的 |
[15:42] | He’d been poorly before, but… | 他以前身体就不太好 |
[15:46] | Vincent’s death | 文森特的死 |
[15:48] | destroyed him. | 击垮了他 |
[15:52] | He had actually been with him a whole day at the end, | 其实文森特临终前 提奥陪了他整整一天 |
[15:56] | but Vincent insisted they use the time to discuss life | 文森特坚持要用最后的时间探讨生命 |
[15:59] | not death. | 而不是死亡 |
[16:04] | And, no suicide note either, | 文森特没有留下遗书 |
[16:07] | so it stayed a mystery. | 因此他自杀的原因仍然是个谜 |
[16:12] | And, Theo just keep asking why? | 而提奥只是在不停地问”为什么” |
[16:18] | Six months after we buried Vincent, | 在文森特下葬六个月后 |
[16:22] | Theo was dead loo. | 提奥也去世了 |
[16:24] | Wow, the two of them. | 天那 两兄弟都走了 |
[16:28] | So how did Vincent die? | 那文森特是怎么死的 |
[16:33] | He shot himself | 开枪自杀 |
[16:35] | in the fields above Auvers | 在奥维尔附近的麦田里 |
[16:37] | by his easel | 就在画架边上 |
[16:38] | doing what he loved painting to the end. | 开枪前就一直沉浸在自己最爱的绘画里 |
[16:40] | Do you know why? | 你知道他自杀的原因吗 |
[16:41] | No. | 不知道 |
[16:45] | Theo thought his unhappiness went right back to childhood. | 提奥认为文森特的心病可以追溯到他的童年时期 |
[16:54] | He tried so hard to fit into his family. | 他很努力地融入家庭 |
[17:04] | But, he never succeeded in this. | 但他就是做不到 |
[17:12] | Vincent told me he was the oldest, | 文森特告诉我 他虽然是长子 |
[17:16] | but not the first. | 但不是父母的第一个孩子 |
[17:29] | There was another Vincent, a stillborn older brother. | 他哥哥也叫文森特 只是还没出生就夭折了 |
[17:34] | He thought that boy was the perfect Vincent | 他觉得那个孩子才是最完美的文森特 |
[17:37] | that he could never measure up to in his mother’s eyes. | 在他母亲眼里 他永远也比不上那个孩子 |
[17:52] | He struggled to be what they wanted him to be. | 在事业上他努力遵循父母的心意 |
[18:02] | He joined his uncle’s art dealership | 他先是进入伯父经营的艺术经纪公司 |
[18:05] | and was thrown out in disgrace. | 但随后又被狼狈解雇 |
[18:07] | He tried for his father’s profession, the church, | 他还试着继承父亲的职业 去教堂工作 |
[18:10] | but the pastor exams were too hard for him, | 可最终也没能通过牧师录取考试 |
[18:12] | so he took a job as a lowly missionary. | 所以他只能当一个地位卑微的传教士 |
[18:16] | He managed to get sacked even from that. | 即使这样 他还是被教会解雇了 |
[18:18] | Yet another dead end. | 神职的路也走不通了 |
[18:29] | But, Theo says he believes in him | 但是提奥说 他相信文森特 |
[18:33] | and that if Vincent will fight for himself, | 如果文森特愿意继续奋斗 |
[18:37] | he will fight alongside him. | 他会陪哥哥一起奋斗 |
[18:41] | And, that was it, | 就是这样 |
[18:43] | Vincent picks up a brush for the first time at 28, | 就在28岁那年 文森特第一次拿起了画笔 |
[18:51] | and with Theo’s support, there is no stopping him. | 在提奥的支持下 他一往无前 |
[19:04] | So what happened then? | 那后来怎么样了 |
[19:05] | Paris happened. | 他来巴黎了 |
[19:08] | 铃鼓咖啡屋 | |
[19:09] | He came here of course. | 他当然来巴黎了 |
[19:10] | They all do. Everyone does. | 只要是艺术家都会来这里 |
[19:13] | Monet, Toulouse, Seingnac, Bernard, Manet, | 莫奈 图卢兹 西涅克 伯纳德 马奈 |
[19:16] | everybody | 他们都来了 |
[19:17] | because everything that happens in art happens here. | 因为巴黎是艺术圈的中心 |
[19:22] | And, where do they all buy their paints? | 这些人都上哪儿买颜料呢 |
[19:24] | Pare Tanguy’s of course. | 当然是来我唐吉老爹这儿了 |
[19:29] | Waitress, a drink. | 服务员 上酒 |
[19:31] | Make it pure. | 喝酒会让我吐真言 |
[19:32] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | – 干杯 – 干杯 |
[19:33] | We’ll see if it’s pure. | 我很快就该醉了 |
[19:36] | We’ll keep that, thank you. | 这瓶我们要了 谢谢 |
[19:38] | Pure is purer. | 吐真言表示确实醉了也不怕 |
[19:40] | We must be fine, to the buyer an ego. | 没事儿的 这杯敬买家 |
[19:44] | like no other I grant you. | 我觉得你这人是不错 |
[19:47] | But, a weekend painter. | 但是画画你就拉倒吧 |
[19:50] | Look at him always drawing. | 你看这家伙 画画就没停过 |
[19:52] | What is it you were saying on entry? | 你这要办沙龙啊 让我看看 |
[19:55] | Which way up is it? | 哪边朝上 |
[19:56] | Grow up Henri. | 别闹了 亨利 |
[19:57] | Let me finish it in a minute for him. | 我马上就画完了 |
[19:58] | Oh I forgot you can’t. | 没有你也能喝两杯 可惜你画不了 |
[20:00] | Come on! | 别这样 |
[20:01] | Oh, I…I’m just being help. | 干嘛 我在帮他 |
[20:03] | You’re being vile. | 你这人真差劲 |
[20:04] | Finally, the vile doth deny. | 到头来差劲的才过得惬意 |
[20:07] | For many artists, Paris is a final destination. | 对很多艺术家来说 巴黎是梦想的归宿 |
[20:10] | but not for him. | 但文森特并非如此 |
[20:11] | It was a stopover to learn what he needed to learn, | 他把巴黎看做旅途的一站 学会了必要的知识后 |
[20:14] | and then he was off in search of his own path. | 就会继续出发 追寻一条属于自己的路 |
[20:20] | It was in his sleep. | 他睡着了 |
[20:21] | It’s the kindest thing. | 让他躺着 这样对他最好 |
[20:30] | I saw him once more after two years. | 两年后我又见到了他 |
[20:33] | He was calmer, more assured. | 他更平和了 信念也更加坚定 |
[20:36] | – Bye. – Take good care. | – 再见 – 多保重 |
[20:39] | And, I thought this is a man whose story will end well. | 我当时就想 这个人一定会功成名就的 |
[20:44] | His star finally rising, his revolution won. | 他如新星般冉冉上升 他闯出了自己的路 |
[20:54] | So think how shocking it was | 所以后来我很震惊 再见他时 |
[20:57] | to be standing over Vincent’s coffin just six weeks later. | 他已经躺在了棺木里 前后只隔了短短六周 |
[21:02] | So sad. | 太悲哀了 |
[21:07] | For many he died a martyr for art, | 大家都说他是个艺术的殉道者 |
[21:10] | but for me, it seems odd. | 但我觉得这很不寻常 |
[21:12] | Why? | 怎么说呢 |
[21:13] | In only eight years, he had traveled from amateur | 他仅仅用了八年 就从籍籍无名 |
[21:18] | to an artist of influence, unbelievable. | 变成了艺术大师 简直难以置信 |
[21:23] | Monet declared him the shining star of the Independent Artist’s Fair. | 莫奈称梵高是独立艺术家沙龙展上耀眼的新星 |
[21:31] | And, he was cured according to his doctor, | 据医生所说 他已经康复了 |
[21:36] | Dr. Gachet | 那医生叫加歇 |
[21:40] | who had looked after Vincent in Auvers. | 在奥维尔镇一直照顾文森特的就是他 |
[21:44] | I met him at the funeral. | 我在葬礼上见到了他 |
[21:47] | There were just a few artists from Paris. | 还有几位从巴黎赶来的画家 |
[21:51] | And him, | 那个医生 |
[21:53] | I could’ve thought he was Vincent’s brother. | 你会以为他是文森特的兄弟 |
[21:56] | He was the one who made the speech, | 他在葬礼上致了悼词 |
[21:58] | and he cried all the way through it. | 从头哭到尾 |
[22:00] | And, an hour later he was running around taking Vincent’s | 一小时后 他就冲到画室 把文森特最好的作品 |
[22:03] | best paintings off the wall as if they were his. | 从墙上全摘走了 就像是他的一样 |
[22:07] | And, they were, his fee, | 他说归他了 非常遗憾 |
[22:09] | for treating Vincent. | 权当是抵偿文森特的治疗费用 |
[22:13] | It seemed odd that the doctor had Theo’s full confidence. | 奇怪的是 提奥好像对那位医生非常的信任 |
[22:20] | I understand he’s still close to the Van Gogh family. | 我相信他和梵高一家来往十分密切 |
[22:23] | Maybe you should ask him why Vincent did it. | 也许你可以问问他 文森特自杀的原因 |
[22:28] | It’s my father who wanted to know why. | 其实是我父亲想了解事情的真相 |
[22:31] | I just wanted to deliver this letter for him. | 我只是想替父亲把信交给他的亲人 |
[22:35] | The Van Gogh’s are only ghosts in Paris now. | 梵高这两兄弟都不在人世了 |
[22:41] | I’m afraid you’re going to have to take this letter back to your father | 恐怕你只能把这封信带回去交还给你父亲了 |
[22:49] | with my condolences. | 真的很遗憾 |
[23:01] | Dear Father, looks like I’m continuing my journey. | 亲爱的父亲 我只好继续送信了 |
[23:06] | I need to find a new recipient as unfortunately Theo is dead. | 提奥已经不幸去世了 我只能去寻找新的收信人 |
[23:12] | There is this doctor who I believe is the person to entrust the letter too. | 还有一个医生 我想我可以把这封信托付给他 |
[23:12] | 奥维尔镇 | |
[23:16] | So, I’m going to Auvers. | 接下来我得去趟奥维尔镇 |
[23:18] | Make some excuse to my boss. | 你帮我跟老板请假吧 |
[23:59] | – Morning mam. – Yes. | – 早上好 夫人 – 你好 |
[24:02] | I’m here to see Dr. Gachel. | 我是来找加歇医生的 |
[24:04] | Really? Do you happen to have an appointment? | 是吗 你和他预约过了吗 |
[24:06] | No. I have a letter from Vincent Van Gogh, | 没有 我这儿有一封文森特·梵高写的信 |
[24:11] | a friend of my father’s from home. | 他是我父亲的朋友 |
[24:13] | Do you now? You know he’s actually passed away? | 真的吗 你知不知道他已经不在了 |
[24:18] | Yes. | 我知道 |
[24:19] | The doctor’s in Paris, he won’t be back till tomorrow. | 医生去巴黎了 明天才会回来 |
[24:22] | I’ll make sure the doctor gets the letter. | 我帮你把信交给他吧 |
[24:25] | I’d rather deliver it in person. | 我还是亲自给他吧 |
[24:28] | I want to ask the doctor about Vincent. | 我想问问他文森特的事 |
[24:30] | Well I can tell you about him. | 那么你问我就行了 |
[24:34] | He was evil. | 他是个魔鬼 |
[24:36] | Is that a medical opinion? | 这算是医学诊断吗 |
[24:38] | I could tell at first glance it would end in trouble. | 我第一眼就知道这人没好下场 |
[24:58] | He had these, | 他有一双… |
[24:59] | – Hello? – Hello mam. | – 哪位 – 你好 夫人 |
[25:00] | Bewildered eyes in which there was something insane, | 迷茫的眼睛 目光里带着某种 |
[25:04] | something which you dare not look. | 一般人不敢直视的疯狂 |
[25:06] | Just straight through at the back in the garden actually. | 他这会儿在后边的花园里 |
[25:26] | Well nothing has been the same since he came here. | 自从他来了以后 一切都变了 |
[25:31] | I’ll get you a message. | 那你等我消息吧 |
[25:33] | Tell me when it’s convenient for the doctor to see you | 医生方便见你时我通知他 |
[25:35] | where are you in residence? | 你现在住在哪儿 |
[25:37] | Where did Vincent reside? | 文森特以前住在哪儿 |
[25:39] | Oh at the Ravoux Inn. | 拉乌旅馆 |
[25:41] | Well you can find me there. | 那我住那儿吧 |
[25:42] | No, you don’t Want to stay there. | 别 你不会想住那儿的 |
[25:44] | It’s a hole. | 那儿顶多算个老鼠洞 |
[25:45] | Doctor booked him somewhere proper. | 医生给他订过更好的地方 |
[25:48] | But, probably suited him better in a hole. | 不过那对他来说 也算是像样儿的地方了 |
[25:51] | Well still that’s where you can send word. | 没关系 我还是在那等您的消息 |
[25:55] | You’re not gonna stir things up again are you? | 你不会是来给我们惹麻烦的吧 |
[25:58] | I’ve had quite enough weeping over that nutcase in this household. | 加歇一家为那个疯子流的眼泪够多的了 |
[26:30] | You looking for something? | 你在找什么吗 |
[26:32] | Looking for the owner. | 我在找老板 |
[26:34] | Speaking to her. | 我就是 |
[26:35] | You’re the owner? | 你就是老板吗 |
[26:38] | Well my parents are, | 其实我父母才是 |
[26:39] | but they’re visiting me auntie, so… | 但他们去看望我姑妈了 所以… |
[26:41] | I guess for the next two days I’m the proprietress. | 接下来的两天 我暂时是这儿的老板娘 |
[26:45] | That’s a fine dress. | 这裙子很漂亮 |
[26:47] | Suitable attire for a proprietress. | 确实有老板娘的范儿 |
[26:50] | I don’t get to wear it that often when my father’s hers. | 其实父亲在的时候 我就不常穿这裙子了 |
[26:53] | Always got errands for ma. | 他老让我干脏活 |
[26:55] | Well that’s life. | 可以想象 |
[26:57] | Fancy something? | 想喝点儿什么吗 |
[26:58] | I won’t say no to a hot coffee. | 那就来一杯热咖啡吧 |
[27:14] | So what brings you to Auvers? | 你来奥维尔镇有什么事吗 |
[27:16] | A friend of my father’s Vincent Van Gogh. | 我父亲有个朋友 叫文森特·梵高 |
[27:19] | We just found out he killed himself. | 我们最近得知他自杀了 |
[27:23] | He stayed here. | 他曾在这住过 |
[27:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:28] | Were you here when it happened? | 你当时在场吗 |
[27:30] | It was so dreadful. | 那实在太可怕了 |
[27:35] | I sewed the tenants dinner at seven. | 我晚上七点给房客供应晚餐 |
[27:37] | And, he wasn’t there. | 当时他不在 |
[27:40] | He came later though. | 他是随后才回来的 |
[27:45] | But, something was very wrong. | 他的样子很不对劲 |
[27:51] | Mr. Vincent? Vincent, are you alright sir? | 文森特先生 文森特 你没事吧 |
[27:54] | – My father went after him. – What happened? | – 我父亲立刻追了上去 – 发生什么事了 |
[27:59] | Vincent? | 文森特先生 |
[28:00] | What’s happened Vincent? | 怎么回事 文森特 |
[28:02] | Are you alright? | 你出什么事了 |
[28:05] | Oh my God! | 我的天那 |
[28:07] | What have you done? | 你这是怎么了 |
[28:09] | I tried to kill myself. | 我想自杀 |
[28:16] | And Dr. Gachet was called. | 我们打电话给加歇医生 |
[28:20] | He didn’t even say one word to Vincent. | 他一句话都没跟文森特说 |
[28:22] | The two of them just looked at each other, | 他们两个人只是瞪着对方 |
[28:25] | like… like two angry wolves. | 像…两头发怒的狼 |
[28:30] | And, Vincent’s lying on this bed and a bullet in his belly. | 文森特躺在床上 子弹击中了他的腹部 |
[28:33] | He’s crying out in pain asking when someone would remove it, | 他痛苦地哭叫着 问什么时候能把子弹取出来 |
[28:37] | and Dr. Gachet, an ex-military doctor, | 加歇医生当过军医 |
[28:40] | I mean he should know how to remove a bullet. | 他肯定知道怎么把子弹取出来 |
[28:42] | He does nothing! | 但他什么也没有做 |
[28:44] | He just decided the case was hopeless and left. | 他宣布已经无药可救了之后 他就走了 |
[28:48] | The next morning rumors about Vincent had spread all over town. | 第二天早上 文森特的事就传遍了整个小镇 |
[28:52] | And, at eight o’clock, Gendarme Rigaumon comes knocking. | 八点的时候 来了一个叫瑞格蒙的警官 |
[28:58] | What are you doing? | 你想干什么 |
[28:59] | Can’t you leave the man in peace? | 你不能让他安静休息一下吗 |
[29:00] | Can’t you see he’s not Well? | 你没看见他现在很痛苦吗 |
[29:02] | I’m just being thorough, Mr. Ravoux, that’s all. | 拉乌先生 我只是来询问一下情况的 |
[29:05] | Where’s the gun? | 那把枪在哪里 |
[29:08] | No idea. | 我不知道 |
[29:10] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[29:12] | My father sent him away. | 我父亲把他支走了 |
[29:14] | He said Rigaumon is the last person a dying man should have to see. | 他说一个濒死之人最不需要见的就是警察 |
[29:21] | Mr. Theo came in the afternoon, | 提奥先生下午就赶到了 |
[29:23] | and he comes in yelling, “What happened? How?” | 他一进门就不停的在吼着 怎么回事 怎么会这样 |
[29:31] | That was the terrible thing is that | 这就是这件事可怕的地方对吗 |
[29:34] | no one really knew. | 没人知道发生了什么 |
[29:38] | And, then, you know, it was normal and calm. | 后来 他正常多了 也平静下来了 |
[29:42] | And, you know I honestly thought it was all gonna to he fine. | 我真的还以为 一切都会好起来的 |
[29:46] | If only I could’ve been one of them. | 我要是像别的病人一样就好了 |
[29:53] | But, as the night came, | 但是 到了晚上 |
[29:56] | a fever in him rose, and he was getting weaker. | 他开始发高烧 并且越来越虚弱 |
[30:57] | And, about half past one, | 大约凌晨一点半左右 |
[31:01] | Theo comes downstairs. | 提奥从楼上下来了 |
[31:08] | And, we all knew | 我们意识到 |
[31:09] | that is was over, | 一切都结束了 |
[31:17] | and Vincent was dead. | 文森特已经走了 |
[31:37] | What do you think happened? | 你觉得为什么会发生这种事 |
[31:39] | Did you see it coming? | 有什么征兆吗 |
[31:41] | He was happy here, | 他在这里很开心 |
[31:43] | I honestly thought He was. | 我真的以为他很开心 |
[31:46] | You know Dr. Gachet tried to gel him to say somewhere else? | 你知道吗 加歇医生一直想让他去别的地方住 |
[31:50] | But, no. | 但他没有走 |
[31:52] | He liked our place. | 大家都喜欢住在这里 |
[31:54] | No, you’re going to ruin your dress. | 别 别跳了 别这样你的裙子会湿的 |
[31:57] | – Well you’re light. – You’ll get messy. | – 都成什么样了 – 衣服会搞脏的哦 |
[32:00] | – Hello – Do you want a room? | – 你好 – 你要住宿吗 |
[32:02] | It depends on the cost. | 要看价钱贵不贵了 |
[32:03] | – Come on you. – How much is the room? | – 进来吧 – 你们这一间房要多少钱 |
[32:07] | It depends on the room. | 要看你住什么房了 |
[32:10] | Another foreigner. | 又来了一个外国佬 |
[32:11] | He liked us, | 他喜欢我们 |
[32:13] | and we liked him. | 我们也很喜欢他 |
[32:15] | He was a nice, quiet man. | 他人很好 很文静 |
[32:17] | Sure. | 是么 |
[32:19] | What you didn’t like him? | 你不喜欢他吗 |
[32:20] | It’s not that I– | 也不算… |
[32:20] | He could do unusual things because he was painting, but… | 他画画的时候是有点儿特别 不过… |
[32:24] | otherwise he was normal. | 其他时候 都挺正常的 |
[32:26] | Unusual how? | 怎么特别了 |
[32:29] | On his first day, I remember because it was a day like today. | 我记得他来的第一天 就和今天一样 |
[32:32] | This big storm broke, | 外面下着大雨 |
[32:34] | Vincent, Don’t gat wet. | 文森特 别淋湿了 |
[32:36] | and everyone’s rushing for shelter. | 别人都急着找地方躲雨 |
[32:38] | And, I saw him. | 可是他呢 |
[32:39] | He’s just standing there in the rain, in his suit. | 他就站在外面画画 淋着雨 穿着西装 |
[32:42] | And, I thought, you know, must be first day excitement. | 我以为他是刚来才这么兴奋 |
[32:46] | But, no he was always like that. | 但 不是 他一直是那样的 |
[32:49] | Always painting day in, day out no matter what the weather. | 画个不停 每天都这样 风雨无阻 |
[32:56] | I heard he was close to the doctor. | 我听人说 他和医生走得很近 |
[32:59] | What Dr. Gachet? | 谁 你说加歇医生吗 |
[33:01] | No, I wouldn’t have said that. | 不是 我不这么看 |
[33:02] | He kept rather to himself. | 他比较内向 总是独来独往 |
[33:05] | He was definitely close to his brother | 当然 他跟弟弟肯定是最亲的 |
[33:08] | judging by the amount of letters. | 看他写了那么多信就知道了 |
[33:10] | I know my dad was his postman. | 我知道 我父亲是他的邮差 |
[33:12] | Oh, So you know. | 哦 没错吧 |
[33:14] | I was wondering when he slept, | 我很好奇 他每天几点睡觉 |
[33:16] | painting all day, writing these long letters, | 画一白天的画 又要写那些很长的信 |
[33:20] | always reading these fat hooks. | 他经常读那些很厚的书 |
[33:24] | I guess you could say he was well organized. | 我觉得他是一个很有规划的人 |
[33:27] | Vincent? | 你是说文森特么 |
[33:28] | Yeah, you could set your watch by him. | 是啊 他的作息比表还准 |
[33:32] | Painting from eight until five. | 他八点到五点画画 |
[33:33] | You’d think he was going off to a regular job. | 不知道的还以为他是去上班了呢 |
[33:37] | He went all over, | 他哪儿都去 |
[33:38] | Chaponval, the fields, the woods, the river. | 夏彭瓦尔 麦田 森林 河边 |
[33:44] | He really liked the river. | 他特别喜欢去河边 |
[33:47] | Speak to the boatman, | 你可以去找船夫聊聊 |
[33:48] | – He’ll tell you. – Watch your step. | – 他会告诉你的 – 注意脚下 |
[33:50] | Oh dear. | 天那 |
[33:52] | I’m in. | 好了 我过去了 |
[33:54] | Enjoy yourselves ladies. | 玩的开心点 女士们 |
[33:56] | Thank you so much. Bye | 谢谢 待会儿见 |
[33:59] | Armand Roulin friend of the late Vincent Van Gogh. | 我是阿曼德·鲁兰 文森特·梵高生前的朋友 |
[34:03] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[34:05] | I heard he liked to hang around the river. | 我听说他以前喜欢来这河边闲逛 |
[34:08] | Vincent, yeah. | 文森特是吗 对啊 |
[34:09] | Yeah, he used to come down here. | 他是经常过来 |
[34:11] | Even before dawn to catch some special kind of light. | 有时候天都没亮呢 说是要捕捉什么特殊的光线 |
[34:17] | Now I don’t know much about light catching, | 光线怎么捕捉我是不太懂 |
[34:20] | but I know you can set your eyes on a lot of life down here if you catch my drift. | 但我知道当你睁开双眼 你能对这儿了解多少 |
[34:24] | Good to know. | 那就太好了 |
[34:25] | He didn’t talk so much. | 他平时不怎么吭声 |
[34:28] | Mostly just sat around | 大多数时候 他就在那干坐着 |
[34:30] | watching, sometimes painting. | 看风景 偶尔画点什么 |
[34:35] | And, this one time it was just us, | 有那么一次 周围只有我们 |
[34:38] | me fishing, him painting. | 我在钓鱼 他在画画 |
[34:40] | Now it wasn’t as peaceful as it sounds. | 别觉得那会儿有多安静 |
[34:43] | He made all sorts of noises while he painted | 他一边画 嘴里一边嘟囔着什么 |
[34:45] | puffing like a steam engine. | 抽烟就像蒸汽机似的 |
[34:51] | And, then suddenly | 可是后来 |
[34:54] | it was all silent, | 一切都安静了 |
[34:56] | and he looked so happy that | 有一只脏兮兮的乌鸦飞到他那儿 |
[34:59] | This dirty crow was coming close. | 他别提有多开心了 |
[35:03] | He didn’t seem to care that it ran off with his lunch. | 一点儿也不在意这乌鸦偷吃了他的午饭 |
[35:08] | And, I thought to myself how lonely is this guy | 我当时就在想 这个人有多寂寞啊 |
[35:12] | that even a thieving crow brightens up his day? | 一只偷食的乌鸦都能让他高兴一天 |
[35:23] | Later that summer, he would hang around these rich boys | 后来 就发现他跟一群有钱的公子哥混在一起 |
[35:25] | who threw big boating parties. | 划船开派对 |
[35:28] | They always came with girls, | 总有一些姑娘跟着他们 |
[35:31] | unruly ones if you know what I mean? | 浪荡姑娘 你懂我的意思吧 |
[35:34] | Yeah we could do with a bit of money. | 付点钱 我们就能陪你做 |
[35:36] | Well is it paid? | 要给多少 |
[35:37] | Vincent seems shy around them. | 文森特在他们中间一副害羞的样子 |
[35:39] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[35:40] | He never did have much luck with women. | 他的女人缘一直不怎么样 |
[35:42] | You think? | 你也这么想? |
[35:44] | And, then he comes here with the Gachet girl. | 他经常和加歇小姐来这儿 |
[35:47] | I saw her pretty in a porcelain sort of way. | 我见过她 挺漂亮的 像个瓷娃娃一样 |
[35:51] | That’s her, a real quiet type. | 就是她 她安静的不得了 |
[35:55] | I’ve been working in this village | 加歇一家还没搬过来的时候 |
[35:56] | since before the Gachets moved here, | 我就在这里工作了 |
[35:57] | and I never got to speak a word with her. | 但愣是没跟她说过一句话 |
[36:00] | Yet her and Vincent, | 然而 她和文森特在一起 |
[36:03] | they were chatting in that way, | 竟然聊的那么欢 |
[36:06] | you know, like speaking to each other | 就好像跟对方说话 |
[36:09] | was the most exciting thing ever. | 就是世界上最开心的事情 |
[36:11] | All I could see was just your foot. | 你的脚太碍眼了 |
[36:13] | God knows what she saw in him. | 天才知道那姑娘看上他什么了 |
[36:16] | Must’ve been twice her age, | 文森特的年纪应该大了她一倍 |
[36:18] | and next to her, he looked like a tramp. | 站在她身边 他像个流浪汉似的 |
[36:21] | What, you think there was something going on? | 你知道他们俩后来有点儿什么吗 |
[36:25] | They said they were here to paint, | 他们说来这里画画 |
[36:27] | but they took a boat, couples often do. | 但也游船 跟情侣没什么区别 |
[36:33] | But, I will tell you this. | 但我要告诉你 |
[36:35] | Vincent, he looked like he was all right. | 文森特 他精神看起来挺正常的 |
[36:40] | Then he comes here with a girl who I reckon was out of his league, | 她不是千金小姐嘛 我觉得是那种女孩他高攀不起 |
[36:43] | and the next thing I hear he’s killed himself. | 没过多久就听说他自杀了 |
[36:48] | Maybe you should talk to her. | 也许你该找那小姐聊聊 |
[36:50] | I’m not sure their housekeeper would let me. | 恐怕他们那管家不让 |
[36:54] | That one. | 那老巫婆么 |
[36:57] | Spends her afternoons at the church. | 她每天下午都去教堂 |
[36:59] | She’s some kind of warden there. | 就像教堂的管理员一样 |
[37:01] | She certainly wards me off. | 我去他肯定就要拦着我了 |
[37:09] | Here you must be thirsty. | 给 你肯定渴了吧 |
[37:11] | On the house. | 我请你的 |
[37:12] | How nice you are? | 你人真好 |
[37:14] | Won’t your dad mind? | 你父亲不会介意么 |
[37:16] | He’s not here to mind. | 反正他也不在 |
[37:17] | I’ll tell you what I’ll have this one if you let me buy one for you. | 那这样吧 你让我回请一瓶 我就把这瓶喝了 |
[37:29] | I was wondering were Vincent and Marguerite friends? | 我很好奇 文森特和玛格丽特是朋友吗 |
[37:34] | The boatman said they were friendly. | 船夫说他们关系很好 |
[37:36] | Well | 这个吗 |
[37:36] | that would explain why she takes flowers to his grave everyday. | 反正玛格丽特每天都带着花去文森特的墓地 |
[37:40] | Oh, and it might explain that big argument between him and the doctor. | 可能文森特和加歇医生也是因为这个才吵的架 |
[37:43] | What argument? | 吵什么架 |
[37:44] | More than one person saw Vincent leave the doctor’s place | 不止一个人看到 文森特从医生家摔门而去 |
[37:47] | slamming the gale so hard it’s a wonder it didn’t come off its hinges. | 动静大得连门板都差点儿给摔掉了 |
[37:50] | But, the housekeeper, she was going round | 那个管家 她到处跟人说 |
[37:53] | saying that Dr. Gachel had stopped Vincent from seeing his daughter. | 加歇医生不让文森特再去见他女儿了 |
[37:56] | Dr. Gachel is crazy protective over his daughter. | 加歇医生对女儿看得特别严 |
[37:58] | He doesn’t want her talking, | 不让她和文森特… |
[38:00] | where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[38:02] | To church. | 去教堂 |
[38:14] | God bless. | 愿上帝保佑你 |
[38:17] | Oh glad to see you’re honoring God, | 很高兴你敬仰上帝 |
[38:21] | not like your friend. | 不像你的朋友 |
[38:23] | My father’s friend. | 他是我父亲的朋友 |
[38:28] | You know Vincent actually did his ungodly act on a Sunday? | 你知道文森特在礼拜天对上帝有多不敬吗 |
[38:33] | That’s not the half of it. | 这可不是道听途说 |
[38:35] | I saw him that Day. | 是我亲眼所见的 |
[38:38] | Somewhere I was on my way to church. | 就在我去教堂的路上 |
[38:42] | Laughing and joking with those Sacretain boys, | 他和一群公子哥有说有笑的 |
[38:45] | drinking they were laughing at God, | 喝得烂醉 还拿上帝开玩笑 |
[38:49] | knowing what he was going to be doing on God’s day. | 他明知道这么神圣的日子 这事有多严重 |
[38:53] | When I think what he put the poor doctor through, | 我还在气他给医生遭的罪呢 |
[38:56] | marching in with his brother like they were royally, | 我看见他和他弟弟风尘仆仆的来了 |
[38:58] | like it was his garden, like they were his guests. | 就跟自家的花园一样不请自来 |
[39:01] | Well his brother might have been dressed smart, | 老实说 他弟弟穿的倒还体面 |
[39:04] | but it looked like he’d dropped down dead before he made it to table. | 但文森特吃的就像是要一头栽到地上 |
[39:09] | I could see the fever in his eyes | 我能从他眼神里看出疯狂 |
[39:13] | at first glance. | 第一眼就看出来了 |
[39:17] | And, the great artist himself, | 文森特这个大艺术家 |
[39:21] | always skulking about, | 总是深沉忧郁的样子 |
[39:24] | gobbling our food, | 混吃混喝的 |
[39:27] | just making messes in corners. | 背地里惹麻烦 |
[39:29] | Oh well, mustn’t keep our Lord waiting. | 好了 可不能让上帝久等 |
[40:05] | I wondered how long it would take you to come back. | 我还在想 你要多久才能找回来 |
[40:19] | He painted you didn’t he? | 他画过你 对吗 |
[40:28] | So why are you here? | 说吧 你为什么来这里 |
[40:31] | Where else would I be? | 那我应该去哪儿 |
[40:32] | Oh, I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[40:35] | let’s see. | 我想想 |
[40:37] | Sailing around the world, | 驾船环游世界 |
[40:39] | catching a thief, | 追捕窃贼 |
[40:41] | chatting up a pretty girl. | 还是搭讪漂亮女孩 |
[40:42] | Because I want to do something | 我只想做点事情 |
[40:44] | for Vincent. | 为了文森特 |
[40:50] | I’m sure there’s a lot you can do for him now that he’s dead. | 他已经不在世上了 你还问他做什么 |
[40:55] | I heard you take flowers to his grave everyday. | 我听说你每天都带着花去他的墓前 |
[40:58] | Isn’t that doing something for Vincent | 这不也是为他做什么吗 |
[41:00] | even though he’s dead? | 虽然他已经不在了 |
[41:02] | Oh that. | 你说这个啊 |
[41:05] | I just do that out of respect. | 我那只是一种悼念 |
[41:07] | He was a great artist, he liked flowers. | 他是伟大的艺术家 他很喜欢这些花 |
[41:11] | Still seems real nice of you. | 你一定很善良 |
[41:14] | You must’ve been friendly. | 你们俩关系一定很要好吧 |
[41:17] | I wouldn’t say so. | 那倒不是 |
[41:19] | He was here to see father. | 他是来找我父亲的 |
[41:29] | He was his doctor, and he became his friend. | 父亲是他的医生 后来成了他的朋友 |
[41:32] | It’s hardly surprising, they were both artists. | 这也不奇怪 他们都是艺术家 |
[41:35] | They liked the same painters. | 他们喜欢同一类画家 |
[41:37] | They understood each other. | 互相理解和欣赏 |
[41:40] | When father invited Vincent’s brother and their family for Sunday lunch, | 父亲一天请文森特和弟弟一家吃午饭 |
[41:44] | Vincent joked about my father was the third brother. | 文森特还开玩笑说 我父亲是他另一个兄弟 |
[41:46] | Cheers everyone. | 各位 干杯吧 |
[41:51] | So you were like one big family than? | 听起来你们亲得像一家人一样 |
[41:57] | He painted here sometimes. | 他有时候会过来画画 |
[42:00] | It was part of the treatment my father recommended. | 这是我爸爸推荐的一种治疗方法 |
[42:17] | But, we didn’t socialize. | 但我跟他交往不深 |
[42:20] | So when you went to the river, that wasn’t socializing? | 你们一起去游河 还不算交往深吗 |
[42:23] | – The river? – The boatman says you took a boat together, | – 游河? – 船夫说你们俩经常一起坐船 |
[42:26] | said it looked like you knew each other pretty well. | 他说看上去你们俩关系很好 |
[42:29] | Well people think they see all sorts of things in this village. | 村里的人以为自己什么都清楚 |
[42:32] | Must’ve been some other girl. | 游船的肯定是别的女孩 |
[42:34] | Hold you I barely knew him. | 我跟你说了 我跟他走得不近 |
[42:37] | It was father he was here for. | 我父亲才是他要来找的人 |
[42:39] | They were like minds. | 他们志趣相投 |
[42:41] | They agreed on everything. | 两个人非常合拍 |
[42:42] | Everything really? | 合拍 真的吗 |
[42:45] | Ravoux girl said Vincent and Dr. Gachet argued. | 拉乌家的女儿说文森特和加歇医生吵过架 |
[42:49] | My you really have been slumming it. | 天啊 你还真去逛贫民窟了 |
[42:52] | I don’t care for village gossip. | 我可不关心这些坊间传闻 |
[42:53] | She said people saw Vincent storming out of here | 她说有人看见文森特怒气冲冲地 |
[42:56] | not long before his death, and your dad was running after him. | 从你们家走了出来 你的父亲在后面追赶他 |
[42:59] | So what? | 那又怎么样 |
[43:02] | You think there was some argument with my father | 你以为文森特是因为跟我父亲 |
[43:04] | and that’s why Vincent is dead? | 起了争执才自杀的? |
[43:07] | You think it’s my father’s fault do you? | 你觉得那是我父亲的错 对吗 |
[43:09] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说 |
[43:10] | I think it would be best if you leave now. | 我觉得你现在可以离开了 |
[43:25] | Good day. | 再见 |
[43:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:42] | Busy night? | 今晚生意很忙么 |
[43:42] | Not really. | 不太忙 |
[43:43] | There’s your cheese. | 这是你的奶酪 |
[43:44] | And how is your father, Adeline? | 你爸爸最近怎么样 艾德琳 |
[43:46] | He’s well, thank you. | 他很好 谢谢您 |
[43:48] | Can I get you anything else? | 还需要别的什么吗 |
[43:49] | No, I’m fine thank you. | 不 够了 谢谢 |
[43:50] | Thank you, no. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[43:50] | Good. | 好的 |
[43:52] | Just busy enough not to have to speak to me? | 你这是在忙着不搭理我吗 |
[43:55] | Well if I did sit down for a drink, | 我坐下来陪你喝一杯 |
[43:56] | I’d be wondering when you’d be getting up | 还得担心你什么时候突然又扔下我不管 |
[43:58] | and running off somewhere more important. | 跑到什么重要的地方去了呢 |
[44:02] | Funny thing that. | 看你说的 |
[44:06] | You actually gave me an idea. | 是你给了我一个灵感 |
[44:10] | The idea to confront Marguerite Gachet. | 我才知道怎么跟玛格丽特·加歇摊牌 |
[44:13] | Oh so you ran off to be with the lady of the manor? | 所以你跑出去见那位庄园大小姐了 |
[44:15] | How did that work out for you? | 又套出什么来了 |
[44:17] | She told me she didn’t know Vincent. | 她跟我说 她跟文森特不熟 |
[44:20] | Hadn’t barely exchanged a few formal words with him. | 她和文森特只是点头之交 |
[44:24] | I told you you can’t believe a word the Gachets say. | 我跟你说过了 加歇一家人就没有一句实话 |
[44:28] | I remember when Vincent moved in. | 我还记得文森特搬过来的时候 |
[44:31] | People were asking him if he was a relative of Gachet. | 大家都在问他是不是加歇一家的亲戚 |
[44:34] | Maybe they were similar on the outside. | 他们长得确实很像 |
[44:40] | This is incredible. | 这张画真是太美了 |
[44:41] | They had the same red hair, | 两个人都是同样的红头发 |
[44:43] | and that same sad look in his eyes. | 眼睛里都是同样忧伤的神色 |
[44:45] | I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从没见过这样的画作 |
[44:50] | But, on the inside, they were chalk and cheese. | 但实际上他们完全是两路人 |
[45:18] | Vincent wasn’t snobbish like Gachet. | 文森特才不像加歇医生那么势利眼 |
[45:21] | He was really polite and kind. | 他是真的文雅 又和善 |
[45:24] | Well hello, Jeuxmaine. | 你好呀 杰梅妮 |
[45:30] | Up you go. | 来 我抱抱 |
[45:33] | So what shall we draw tonight? | 那么我们今晚该画什么呢 |
[45:35] | A chicken please. | 帮我画只小鸡好么 |
[45:37] | I might be singing something. | 一只会唱歌的小鸡 |
[45:38] | Okay a chicken. | 好的 就画只小鸡 |
[45:40] | – Skinny legs like you. – Floppy tail please. | – 两条小细腿 跟你一样 – 再画条软尾巴 |
[45:43] | Jomaine what are you doing out of bed? | 杰梅妮 你怎么还没乖乖睡觉 |
[45:47] | – She’s no trouble. – I don’t want to. | – 她没有打扰到我 – 我不想上床 |
[45:49] | Come on off to bed with you. | 过来 快跟我回去睡觉 |
[45:50] | She’s no trouble. | 她没有打扰到我 |
[45:51] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[45:52] | I want my chicken back. | 我要看那个小鸡 |
[45:58] | Marguerite said the brother came here. | 玛格丽特说他弟弟来过这儿 |
[46:00] | Did you meet him? | 你见到了吗 |
[46:02] | No, | 没有 |
[46:04] | I heard he came at Gachets invitation. | 但我听说他是加歇邀请来的 |
[46:07] | Vincent was always saying that they might come here. | 文森特经常说他家里会来人 |
[46:10] | Always checking if we had rooms at weekends, | 他总是来看看我们周末还有没有空房 |
[46:13] | but they never did come. | 但他们从没有来过 |
[46:15] | So did Vincent visit them ever? | 那文森特去找过他们吗 |
[46:18] | No, you know he’d spend hours on hours | 没有 你也知道他只是花很多时间 |
[46:20] | writing those letters to his brother | 给他弟弟写信 |
[46:23] | when he could’ve just hopped on a train. | 可他明明坐火车就能见到人 |
[46:24] | Oh no, he did go once. | 哦 对了 他确实去过一次 |
[46:27] | He said his brother’s baby was ill. | 他说他弟弟的孩子生病了 |
[46:30] | But, I don’t think the visit went that well. | 但那次会面好像不太愉快 |
[46:33] | Why not? | 此话怎讲 |
[46:34] | The lea towels. | 从抹布的事儿就能看出来 |
[46:36] | He said that canvasses were too expensive. | 他告诉我这些画布太贵了 |
[46:38] | More. | 多拿一点 |
[46:39] | And so now he’s only gonna paint on these old rags. | 所以他打算只在旧抹布上画画 |
[46:44] | He painted some pretty flowers, | 他画了很多漂亮的花儿 |
[46:46] | but I don’t think my father was that pleased. | 但我爸爸好像不怎么高兴 |
[46:51] | What has the brother got to do with lea towels? | 但他弟弟和旧抹布有什么关系 |
[46:54] | I reckon they argued over money | 我猜他们为了钱的事情吵过 |
[47:02] | because it was the brother that bought all Vincent’s painting things. | 因为文森特的绘画工具都是他弟弟给买的 |
[47:09] | I know because of the last letter Vincent sent. | 我之所以知道 是因为他寄出的最后一封信 |
[47:11] | Adeline wait. | 艾德琳 等等 |
[47:14] | The day before he killed himself. | 就是他自杀前一天寄的 |
[47:19] | When he handed it to me, he said it was urgent. | 他把信给我的时候说了 要加急送到 |
[47:22] | And, you know I asked if there was anything wrong. | 我问他是不是出什么事情了 |
[47:24] | And, he said he’d run out of paints | 他跟我说颜料都用光了 |
[47:26] | and he placed a big order for some more | 他下了一笔很大的订单 |
[47:28] | ’cause he had lots of paintings planned. | 因为他要画很多画 |
[47:31] | Don’t you think that’s odd | 你不觉得这很奇怪吗 |
[47:33] | to place an order with his brother if money was an issue | 真的为钱操心 他为什么还要让弟弟订货 |
[47:36] | between them and then to kill himself the next day? | 接着第二天就去自杀了? |
[47:39] | It depends, you know, on how balanced he was. | 这很难说 得看那时他的精神状态了 |
[47:43] | All seemed fine with him. | 他看起来很好 |
[47:45] | I mean something must’ve happened pretty suddenly | 我是说…肯定是突然发生了什么事情 |
[47:48] | for him to become unbalanced. | 他才会这么不理智 |
[47:51] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[47:52] | I don’t know exactly what. | 这我就不知道了 |
[47:55] | I’m sure it’s got something to do with Gachet. | 但我敢肯定跟加歇医生有关 |
[48:00] | Do you remember his first day that I told you about? | 我跟你说他第一天来的情形 你还记得吗 |
[48:03] | This letter’s from then. | 这是那天写的信 |
[48:07] | No, I can’t Read someone else’s letter. | 我不能随便看别人的信 |
[48:09] | If it’s open, it’s all right. | 如果信已经打开了 就没问题 |
[48:12] | My dad’s posted me up some money. | 我爸爸给我汇的钱在路上了 |
[48:13] | I’ll open a tab for you, | 我可以先给你记账 |
[48:14] | and you can settle up when your money arrives. | 等你钱到了再还给我 |
[48:16] | That’s very good of you. | 那就先谢谢了 |
[48:24] | This is where he lived? | 这就是他住的地方吗 |
[48:32] | And, where he died. | 这也是他去世的地方 |
[48:49] | Dear Theo and Jo, | 亲爱的提奥和乔 |
[48:56] | it is really very beautiful here. | 这个地方真的很美 |
[49:00] | I feel I see the North all the better for my trip to the South. | 我觉得在北边生活比在南方好多了 |
[49:03] | Vincent, don’t get wet. | 文森特 别淋湿了 |
[49:05] | I have settled down to some canvasses | 我安顿了下来 画了几幅油画 |
[49:09] | which I hope will go some way to recovering the pasts of my stay. | 我希望能多少帮我贴补一些住宿费 |
[49:14] | Dr. Gachet is eccentric. | 加歇医生是个怪人 |
[49:18] | I don’t Know how he thinks he can cure me | 不知道他凭什么觉得能治好我 |
[49:20] | when he seems at least as sick as I am. | 他病起来比我还要厉害呢 |
[49:24] | However, I still think that what I have is mostly a malady of the South, | 不过我仍然相信 我的病是因为在南方水土不服 |
[49:29] | and return here will be enough to dissipate the whole thing. | 只要回到这里 就能驱散我身上的病魔 |
[49:34] | The thing is | 但问题是 |
[49:38] | the days seem like… | 这里的日子 感觉… |
[49:42] | seem like… | 感觉… |
[49:44] | seem like weeks. | 感觉非常漫长 |
[49:46] | The days seem like weeks to me. | 时间对我来说太漫长了 |
[49:50] | I’ll be glad is sometime from now you were to come here | 如果礼拜天你能带着家人来这里看看 |
[49:53] | one Sunday with your family. | 我会很高兴的 |
[49:54] | Very hardy handshakes, | 与你亲切地握手 |
[49:56] | your loving | 来自挚爱你的 |
[49:58] | Vincent. | 文森特 |
[51:12] | What the? Oy, come here! | 这是怎么 嘿 别跑 |
[52:17] | Dear father, | 亲爱的父亲 |
[52:19] | I’m still waiting to see the doctor. | 我还在等着与医生会面 |
[52:21] | I could’ve just given the letter to the housekeeper or his daughter, | 其实我可以把信直接交给他的管家或女儿 |
[52:25] | but something happened with Vincent in that house. | 在医生家里肯定是出了什么事 |
[52:29] | I can tell. | 我能感觉出来 |
[52:30] | I want to ask the doctor about it. | 我想跟医生问问清楚 |
[52:37] | I’ve decided to retrace the path that Vincent took with his easel that day. | 我决定重走一遍文森特开枪那天带着画架走过的路 |
[52:41] | because what I’ve been told doesn’t add up. | 因为他们讲的都不太说得通 |
[52:45] | And, strange things are happening to me too, | 而我也遇上了一些怪事 |
[52:48] | but don’t worry, nothing that I can’t handle. | 不过放心 我一切都能处理好 |
[52:53] | People here are on edge about Vincent, | 这里的人一提文森特的事 |
[52:55] | about what happened to him. | 就不禁有话要说 |
[52:57] | Everyone has a different story. | 但每个人的说法都不太一样 |
[53:00] | Tanguy, the paint supplier, said that Vincent shot himself in the fields, | 颜料供应商唐吉老爹说文森特是在麦田里开的枪 |
[53:03] | so does the girl from the inn. | 旅馆那个女孩也是这么说 |
[53:07] | It seems a very long way for him | 当时文森特受了重伤 |
[53:09] | to have walked with a mortal would, | 这段路对他来说也太长了 |
[53:12] | and I wonder if he wanted to kill himself, | 我也怀疑他当时是不是真想自杀 |
[53:16] | why didn’t He just pick up the gun and finish the job? | 否则为什么不把枪捡起来再补一枪呢 |
[53:21] | Did he change his mind? | 他是不是后悔了 |
[53:24] | Did he want to live after all? | 最后是不是他还想活着 |
[53:38] | No, I can see you. | 我都看见你了 |
[53:44] | It was you last night weren’t it? | 昨晚上东西是你丢的吧 |
[53:46] | Oh, not again. | 不是吧 又想跑 |
[54:15] | Can I help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[54:17] | If you could tell me where to find a funny looking boy | 你有没有看见一个怪模样的男孩 |
[54:19] | with hair all over the place, | 头发乱糟糟的 |
[54:21] | I want to ring his neck. | 我想想扭断他的脖子 |
[54:22] | Oh that’ll be my nephew. | 哦 你说的肯定是我侄子 |
[54:25] | I’m sorry. He’s a bit simple. | 对不起 他有点傻乎乎的 |
[54:26] | Please don’t pay him any mind. | 请不要放在心上 |
[54:28] | He’s harmless. | 他没有恶意的 |
[54:30] | He was following me yesterday and today. | 他一直在跟踪我 昨天跟了 今天又跟 |
[54:33] | That’s not like him. | 这不像他的作风啊 |
[54:35] | Did you do something to him? | 你是不是对他做了什么 |
[54:36] | No, I’m just delivering a letter for a friend of mine, | 没有 我就是替我的朋友送信的 |
[54:40] | Vincent Van Gogh. | 文森特·梵高 |
[54:41] | The Painter fella, yeah foreigner, red fellow. | 那个画家是吗 外国人 红头发的那个 |
[54:45] | Yeah that’s him. | 对 就是他 |
[54:47] | That’ll be it then. | 那就难怪了 |
[54:49] | That’ll be what then? | 什么意思 |
[54:54] | Here cider’? | 要尝尝苹果酒吗 |
[54:55] | Don’t mind if I do. | 那我就不客气了 |
[54:58] | Thatching is thirsty work. | 在屋顶干一会儿就渴了 |
[55:06] | On the day that the painter fellow was wounded, | 就在那位画家受伤的那天 |
[55:10] | we heard a shot coming from that barn. | 我们听到谷仓里传来一声枪响 |
[55:16] | And, now my nephew, he thinks it’s haunted. | 现在我侄子总觉得那谷仓闹鬼 |
[55:20] | But, Vincent shot himself in the fields. | 但是文森特是在麦田里开的枪 |
[55:24] | That’s what some folks say. | 有几个人是这么说的 |
[55:26] | But, I never met a person who actually saw him there. | 但我反正没听说有谁真的在麦田里见过他 |
[55:30] | The police looked for his stuff, | 警方检查了他的随身物品 |
[55:33] | and they found nothing, | 但是什么也没发现 |
[55:35] | not the gun nor his painting stuff, nor his paintings. | 没有枪 没有画笔 也没有画架 |
[55:39] | And, who’d steal that sort of thing? | 谁会偷这些东西呢 |
[55:41] | So you think he shot himself | 所以你认为他是 |
[55:43] | here? | 在这里开枪的吗 |
[55:46] | in that barn? | 在那个谷仓? |
[55:47] | I’m not saying nothing. | 我可什么也没说 |
[55:50] | We just heard a shot. | 我只是听到了一声枪响 |
[55:52] | Well why didn’t you go in and look? | 你当时怎么没过去看看呢 |
[55:54] | It could’ve been anything, | 它可什么都代表不了 |
[55:56] | kids shooting rats. | 年轻人有可能拿枪打老鼠 |
[55:59] | No, it were only the next day when I heard | 更何况第二天听说他中枪了 |
[56:01] | that he’d been shot that I went and looked. | 我还真去谷仓看了一眼 |
[56:04] | And, there was nothing. | 但什么也没发现 |
[56:05] | Ii shot himself here, how come you didn’t see his stuff? | 要是他在这里开的枪 你怎么会找不到画具呢 |
[56:08] | That is the question. | 这是很奇怪的问题 |
[56:10] | It’s not that he was in a state to move it himself, | 以他当时的状态 肯定不可能自己拿走了 |
[56:14] | and why would anyone else move it? | 可别人为什么要拿走呢 |
[56:18] | Oh afternoon, Mr. Roulin. | 下午好 鲁兰先生 |
[56:22] | How nice of you to save me the trip to that place. | 谢天谢地在这儿碰上你了 省得我要去…那种地方 |
[56:27] | Doctor sent me to tell you he can see you tomorrow morning. | 医生派我来告诉你 他明天上午可以跟您见面 |
[56:31] | Slop in at any time. | 你可以随时过来 |
[56:32] | Great, I was just thinking | 太好了 我想问一下 |
[56:34] | what you said about Vincent laughing around and | 你说文森特开枪那天 |
[56:37] | drinking with those lads on the day of his death. | 他跟年轻人在路上一起喝酒 |
[56:41] | Where was that? | 具体在哪里 |
[56:43] | Well it was right here, | 就是在这里 |
[56:45] | exactly here. | 就在这儿 |
[56:47] | Scribbling and scrawling away he was as always. | 他当时写写画画的 跟平常一样 |
[56:50] | So he must’ve already had the gun on him then? | 那他当时就应该是随身带着枪的 |
[56:54] | Yeah, I guess he must have. | 是的 我想是的 |
[56:56] | Well he might’ve had it amongst his paintings. | 也许他把枪藏在颜料下边了 |
[56:59] | Wouldn’t want to put it on display would he? | 他总不能摆在明面儿上 对吧 |
[57:01] | Where do you think he got it from? | 你觉得他的枪是从哪儿得到的 |
[57:04] | Ravoux girl said Gachet was a military man. | 那个拉乌家的女孩说 加歇在军队服役过 |
[57:07] | Has a gun I guess. | 我想 他应该有枪吧 |
[57:09] | You think he could’ve taken it from your place? | 你觉得他有没有可能从你们家拿的枪呢 |
[57:11] | Not unless he put it hack after. | 那只能是他又把枪放回去了 |
[57:13] | The doctor does have a gun in his study, | 医生确实有把枪 就在他的书房里 |
[57:15] | but I dust there every afternoon, It’s never been elsewhere. | 我天天去打扫 这枪一直在那里 |
[57:19] | Anyway, everyone knows it was old Ravoux’s gun. | 不过大家都知道 那是拉乌老头的枪 |
[57:23] | He keeps it under the counter, little pistol. | 他就放在柜台下面 一把小手枪 |
[57:25] | And, it’s not there anymore. | 现在已经不见了 |
[57:27] | Well, see you tomorrow. | 好了 明天见 |
[57:43] | You were out early. | 你今天出去的真早 |
[57:46] | Long day- | 累死我了 |
[57:49] | Thirsty work. | 又累又渴 |
[57:54] | And, you’ve been quenching that thirst I suppose. | 喝完这杯应该就不渴了吧 |
[58:01] | Today I heard mention of young lads Vincent would hang around with. | 今天我听人说 文森特和一群年轻人玩得很好 |
[58:05] | That would be the Sacretains, but you won’t Find them here. | 就是塞克雷坦他们 但是你见不到他们 |
[58:07] | They’re in Paris. | 他们去巴黎了 |
[58:09] | They would often joke around with Vincent especially Rene. | 他们老拿文森特开玩笑 尤其是雷内 |
[58:18] | Rene could also take it a little far. | 不过雷内的玩笑总是很过分 |
[58:28] | Poor Vincent, he nearly fainted. | 可怜的文森特 都快被吓晕了 |
[58:31] | But, then Rene would buy him a drink to apologize. | 不过雷内之后会请他喝酒 算是道歉 |
[58:34] | He was like that always picking up the tab, | 他总是这样 经常得罪人 |
[58:37] | always buying people drinks. | 然后请人喝酒当赔罪 |
[58:42] | I was also told that Vincent got the gun from your place. | 我还听说 文森特的枪是从你们店里拿的 |
[58:45] | What? | 什么 |
[58:47] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[58:49] | We don’t even have a gun. | 我们家根本没有枪 |
[58:51] | Gachets housekeeper told me you did. | 加歇的女管家告诉我说 你们有枪 |
[58:54] | No. | 没有 |
[58:56] | Father used to own one once, but | 我父亲以前是有一把 但… |
[58:59] | he didn’t reckon he’d need it here in Auvers, so he sold it. | 他觉得在奥维尔用不上 所以就卖掉了 |
[59:03] | Before Vincent was shot? | 在文森特自杀之前吗 |
[59:04] | Yes. | 对 |
[59:05] | We didn’t have it than, | 后来枪就不在了 |
[59:07] | and don’t you go spreading that squawking hen’s gossip. | 你别出去乱传那个长舌妇的八卦了 |
[59:15] | This came for you. | 这信是给你的 |
[59:17] | It says that you’ve lost your job. | 信上说你被解雇了 |
[59:22] | So you’re not Good for credit. | 所以我们不能继续给你赊账了 |
[59:24] | Room for one more at your fire? | 可以在你的火炉边腾个地儿吗 |
[59:27] | You look like you’ve had a day of it. | 看来你这一天不太好过啊 |
[59:32] | The Ravoux girl deprived me of my roof for the night. | 拉乌旅馆那丫头把我赶出来睡大街了 |
[59:35] | Here that’ll warm you. | 给 喝了能暖和点儿 |
[59:45] | Now that’s something different. | 这酒味儿够烈的啊 |
[59:47] | My own recipe. | 这是我自己酿的 |
[59:54] | So why did the Ravoux girl get the hump’! | 拉乌家那姑娘怎么那么大火气啊 |
[59:57] | Cause I said that maybe Vincent got the gun from them. | 因为我说文森特可能是从他们那里拿到的枪 |
[59:59] | No, no old Ravoux sold his gun to Rene. | 不是 老拉乌早把他的枪卖给雷内了 |
[1:00:04] | Everyone knows that. | 大伙儿都知道 |
[1:00:06] | He wanted it for a stupid cowboy costume. | 那个小混球想扮什么西部牛仔 |
[1:00:08] | He was running around waving it in people’s faces | 得了枪之后到处去转悠 在别人面前扬来扬去 |
[1:00:11] | pretending he was in the Wild West. | 还当自己是在西部荒野呢 |
[1:00:16] | Good customers, but bad sorts | 他出手确实大方 但是人品不怎么样 |
[1:00:20] | especially the younger one. | 年纪小的那个比他还混 |
[1:00:24] | Vincent was being gentlemanly towards the girls, | 文森特对那群女孩很有绅士风度 |
[1:00:28] | and Rene barges in, “Girls, don’t Be bothering with him. | 雷内插进来说 “姑娘们 你们别老烦人家 |
[1:00:32] | “He cutoff his dick as well as his ear.” | 他没准会割掉老二 就像割掉耳朵一样” |
[1:00:38] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[1:00:40] | These ones are mine. | 这些姑娘归我了 |
[1:00:43] | Gaston, come on. | 加斯顿 我们走了 |
[1:00:48] | I’d have smacked the run! If he said that to me. | 小畜生 他要敢这么对我说话 我早抽他了 |
[1:00:50] | So why didn’t you then? | 那你当时怎么没动手 |
[1:00:53] | It wasn’t my business. | 那不关我的事 |
[1:00:57] | It wasn’t my fight. | 又轮不到去揍他 |
[1:00:59] | So why didn’t you make it your fight? | 你就不能管一管吗 |
[1:01:01] | If I said what I wanted to every lad, | 要是我把那群小流氓教训个遍 |
[1:01:03] | I’d have no customers. | 那我就没生意做了 |
[1:01:10] | Won’t you just. | 嘿 别 别扔 |
[1:01:14] | I could’ve used that. | 我还想留着它装酒呢 |
[1:01:15] | You could’ve said something to the boys. | 你怎么就不劝劝那些人呢 |
[1:01:17] | Couldn’t you see they were bullying him? | 你看不出来那帮混小子在欺负他吗 |
[1:01:19] | I told you Vincent was hanging around them. | 我说过了 是文森特自己想跟他们在一块儿的 |
[1:01:22] | If he didn’t want to be there, he could’ve stood up and left. | 要是他不愿意 完全可以拍屁股走人 |
[1:01:26] | Maybe he was there because Rene always picked up the tab. | 没准他这样是因为雷内总替他付账 |
[1:01:30] | Or, he just felt lonely and liked being around | 也可能是他太寂寞了 |
[1:01:33] | young people who were enjoying themselves. | 才会整天跟那帮公子哥们呆在一起 |
[1:01:35] | How is it my business? | 那和我有什么关系 |
[1:01:37] | No, you’ve had enough. | 好了 你已经喝多了 |
[1:01:40] | Very friendly of you, | 你可真够朋友啊 |
[1:01:42] | turning your hack just like with Vincent. | 文森特那样的人 你还坐视不管 |
[1:01:45] | What did you do for him? ha? | 那你又为他做了什么 说啊 |
[1:01:48] | I don’t hear you telling me that. | 我怎么就没听你说过啊 |
[1:01:51] | Were you such a great friend? | 你对他真的那么好吗 |
[1:01:55] | I never said I was. | 我从没那么说过 |
[1:02:04] | There you go. | 你的酒 |
[1:02:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:02:10] | Hiya. | 干了 |
[1:02:11] | Who’s he? | 那人是谁 |
[1:02:15] | Who’s he think he is? | 他以为他是谁 |
[1:02:16] | Probably some bloody gypsy. | 没地方住 还瞎操心 |
[1:02:18] | Seem like a Nancy boy in that jacket. | 就是 还穿得跟娘们儿似的 |
[1:02:23] | Who’s he looking at? | 这个娘们 他看什么呢 |
[1:02:23] | Head down, regular circus. | 还低着头 哪个马戏团里跑出来的吧 |
[1:02:26] | Look who else is coming in. | 看看谁来了 |
[1:02:28] | Where? | 哪儿呢 |
[1:02:28] | Behind you. | 那傻子在你后面呢 |
[1:02:30] | Let’s have some fun then. | 咱们找点乐子吧 |
[1:02:31] | Are you coming? | 看我的 他来了 |
[1:02:37] | You are an idiot Sean. | 你真是个傻子 |
[1:02:38] | Who gave birth to that? | 谁把这傻子生下来的 |
[1:02:42] | Watch me nanny boy’s coming. | 小心了 小娘炮要过来了 |
[1:02:44] | What’s he want then? | 他想要干嘛 |
[1:02:45] | Hey Nancy boy. | 你好啊 小娘炮 |
[1:02:47] | Maybe he wants to join me. | 没准儿他也想被撂倒 |
[1:03:19] | My head. | 头好疼 |
[1:03:35] | I didn’t do that. | 你的眼睛不会…是我打的吧? |
[1:03:38] | No, | 不是 |
[1:03:40] | it were me that landed a punch. | 是我撞到你的拳头上了 |
[1:03:44] | I don’t remember. | 我 我记不起来了 |
[1:03:48] | I think I was drunk. | 我大概是喝多了 |
[1:03:50] | Oh you think. | 只是大概吗 |
[1:03:51] | If I caused any damage… | 要是我造成了什么损失… |
[1:03:53] | You damaged the pride of a couple of local laughs,that’s all. | 你只是让本地的几个混混丢了面子 仅此而已 |
[1:03:58] | I hear you were defending the honor of our village idiot. | 我听说你当时是想给我们村里那个傻小子出头 |
[1:04:04] | Yeah | 对 |
[1:04:07] | I think they were picking on him. | 我记得那帮人在欺负他 |
[1:04:09] | Well they paid their dues. | 那他们得到教训了 |
[1:04:12] | But, you didn’t need to start on me | 但你对我可以省省力气 |
[1:04:14] | when I arrived to restore the peace. | 我到场是为了维持秩序的 |
[1:04:16] | I’m sorry. | 我深感抱歉 |
[1:04:20] | You’re the lad that was asking about the Dutch guy that shot himself. | 你就是来打听那个自杀的荷兰人的小伙子 |
[1:04:23] | Yeah he’s a friend of my dad’s. | 是的 他是我父亲的朋友 |
[1:04:28] | You know my dad’s a postmaster. | 你知道我父亲是一个邮政局局长吗 |
[1:04:31] | Strange company | 这种奇怪的朋友 |
[1:04:32] | for a respectable man like a postmaster to keep. | 不像是德高望重的邮局局长会结交的 |
[1:04:36] | Not really. | 也不全是 |
[1:04:38] | Vincent generated more letters than a town, | 文森特寄出的信比整个镇的人还多 |
[1:04:40] | so it was sort of a business relationship. | 所以他们算是业务关系吧 |
[1:04:43] | So what business do you have here’? | 那么你来这里做什么 |
[1:04:46] | I have an appointment with Dr.Gachet | 我约好了加歇医生 |
[1:04:48] | to talk about Vincent. | 想了解一下文森特的情况 |
[1:04:50] | I had me eye on him right from the start. | 从一开始我就注意他了 |
[1:04:53] | Don’t worry it’ll be all right. | 梵高先生 没事的 |
[1:04:56] | I’ll have a little look around. | 我到处看看 |
[1:04:58] | So when I come in on Monday morning to hear | 所以礼拜一早上我一进旅馆 听说 |
[1:05:01] | he’d shot himself, I’m not surprised. | 他开枪打了自己 我一点也不意外 |
[1:05:04] | You’re here. | 你来了 |
[1:05:06] | How is Mr. Vincent, any better? | 文森特先生怎么样了 好点了吗 |
[1:05:08] | But, he told me what I wanted to know. | 但我想向他了解情况 他就这么说 |
[1:05:10] | It’s a bad do, all this you know. | 你知道的 这真是太糟糕了 |
[1:05:11] | That he tried to kill himself | 他就是想自杀 |
[1:05:13] | and not to let anyone else gel the blame. | 叫我不要怪罪到别人头上 |
[1:05:16] | Like I’d blame anyone else for his crime. | 生怕我会拿别人顶罪似的 |
[1:05:22] | I think we should leave the man in peace. | 我们还是让他静养吧 |
[1:05:25] | Even caused me trouble after he were dead. | 即便他死了之后 也给我也惹了不少麻烦 |
[1:05:28] | Dr. Mazery kept pestering me to file his report | 马泽里医生 非要向我提交一份医检报告 |
[1:05:31] | even though he knew I already had Gachets. | 尽管他知道加歇医生早就交给我了 |
[1:05:34] | Who’s Dr. Mazery? | 马泽里医生是谁 |
[1:05:42] | Dr. Mazery? | 马泽里医生 |
[1:05:44] | Yes? | 你是哪位 |
[1:05:48] | I would never send a report normally. | 要是平常 我才不会插手这个报告 |
[1:05:51] | I mean this was Gachets case. | 毕竟那是加歇的病人 |
[1:05:53] | Then I read that the patient died two days later in his room. | 但我得知他治的那个病人两天后死在房间里了 |
[1:05:58] | So I felt that I should for the record. | 我就觉得我有义务提交报告 以供记录在案 |
[1:06:03] | I asked the patient how it happened? | 我问过病人是怎么受伤的 |
[1:06:06] | He said he had shot himself. | 他说是自己开的枪 |
[1:06:08] | But, I knew he hadn’t. | 可我知道这不可能 |
[1:06:10] | I could tell by his wound. | 从他的伤口就能看出来 |
[1:06:12] | With suicides, people shoot themselves in the head. | 通常想要自杀的人都会朝头部开枪 |
[1:06:17] | Either in the temple or through the mouth. | 或者对准太阳穴 或者把子弹打进嘴里 |
[1:06:20] | If not, then through the heart, but not through the stomach. | 再不然就是冲着心脏 而绝不是对着肚子 |
[1:06:24] | I was suspicious. | 当时我就起了疑心 |
[1:06:26] | The bullet wound, look, stand up. | 枪伤不会是 好 你站起来 |
[1:06:29] | Stand up. Come on, let me show you. | 站起来 快点 我演示给你看 |
[1:06:31] | There you are back and forth. | 好了 扬起来 |
[1:06:32] | That’s it, now back like that. | 就这样 脚向前点 |
[1:06:34] | Now you’re down there like that, and now look. | 再这样 弯腰 看到了吧 |
[1:06:36] | – You see there. – What? | – 你看到了吗 那里 – 什么 |
[1:06:39] | You see that’s too low an angle. | 你看到了吧 他开枪的角度太低了 |
[1:06:43] | For what? | 低怎么了 |
[1:06:44] | He would’ve had to have fired the gun with his outstretched toe. | 要想造成那样的枪伤 他就得用伸出来的脚趾开枪 |
[1:06:47] | Go on you outstretch your toe. | 你来试试 你把脚伸出来看看 |
[1:06:49] | Just stretch your toe out. | 把脚伸出来 |
[1:06:50] | You see. | 看到了吧 |
[1:06:53] | And, in any case if you fire a bullet point blank range, | 而且一般情况下 如果你近距离射出子弹 |
[1:06:57] | it’ll go through the body. | 子弹会射穿你的身体 |
[1:07:01] | Not always, but in all probability. | 当然也有特例 但基本都是这样 |
[1:07:05] | So if it didn’t go through, | 既然子弹没有射穿人体 |
[1:07:07] | then the gun must’ve been further back. | 那开枪的位置应该在离他更远的地方 |
[1:07:13] | Like | 像是 |
[1:07:16] | there, | 这么远 |
[1:07:17] | bang! | 呯 |
[1:07:18] | You see? | 看明白了吗 |
[1:07:19] | I see. | 明白了 |
[1:07:27] | Most likely he was shot. | 很可能是别人开的枪 |
[1:08:15] | If it isn’t the Provence pugilist. | 这不是那个普罗旺斯来的打手吗 |
[1:08:18] | Should I be scared? | 我是不是该怕你了 |
[1:08:20] | I thought you didn’t go in for village gossip. | 我以为你懒得听村里的流言蜚语呢 |
[1:08:22] | I don’t. That’s why one employs servants. | 没错 所以我们才雇了佣人 |
[1:08:26] | They get it for you. | 让他们说给我听 |
[1:08:28] | Did you also hear that your friendly local | 那你也听说了 是村里和蔼的警官 |
[1:08:30] | gendarme put me up for the night? | 收留我过了一夜 |
[1:08:34] | So now you’re up here contemplating your future. | 所以你现在是在这里思考你未卜的前途吗 |
[1:08:39] | No actually I was thinking how come you lied | 我实际上是在思考 像你这么坦荡的人 |
[1:08:44] | if you’ve got nothing to hide? | 为什么还要对我撒谎呢 |
[1:08:47] | What makes you think I have and duty to tell you the truth. | 你觉得我有什么义务向你坦白事实的真相 |
[1:08:52] | Maybe I just thought my life was none of your business. | 也许我只是觉得 我的生活跟这毫不相干 |
[1:08:54] | I wasn’t asking about your life. | 我没想过问你的生活 |
[1:08:56] | I was asking about Vincent’s death. | 我只是想搞清楚文森特的死因 |
[1:08:59] | You thought that his death and my life were linked? | 你认为他的死和我的生活有关吗 |
[1:09:02] | Yes, | 对 |
[1:09:03] | but I don’t think that anymore. | 但 我已经不那么想了 |
[1:09:28] | The truth is | 事实就是 |
[1:09:32] | I’m not important. | 不是因为我 |
[1:09:34] | He wasn’t some lovelorn teenager. | 他不是什么为情所困的少年 |
[1:09:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:09:41] | Did you know he was a genius? | 那你知道他是个天才吗 |
[1:09:45] | No, I can’t Say that I did. | 不 这方面我不清楚 |
[1:09:52] | Well I did. | 我清楚 |
[1:10:08] | It’s not finished yet. | 我还没画完呢 |
[1:10:10] | Alright, I’ll see it later. | 好的 我不打扰你了 |
[1:10:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:10:19] | And, so did my father. | 我父亲也清楚 |
[1:10:20] | All his life he has tried so hard to be an artist. | 他这辈子拼了命 想成为一名艺术家 |
[1:10:24] | And, then this gruff awkward man | 但就是这个看似粗鄙笨拙的男人 |
[1:10:28] | without any proper training | 没接受过像样的训练 |
[1:10:30] | who’d only been painting a few years comes barging in and | 才画了短短几年时间 就脱颖而出 |
[1:10:33] | rushes off in a couple of hours what poor father | 他几个小时画的画 我可怜的父亲 |
[1:10:36] | couldn’t dream of painting in two lifetimes. | 几辈子就算做梦都想象不出来 |
[1:10:40] | My dad would lock himself away and copy them for hours. | 父亲把自己锁在屋里 一临摹就是几小时 |
[1:10:50] | Father told me I was distracting Vincent from important work. | 父亲怪我让文森特分心了 让他没法专心创作 |
[1:10:55] | Asked if I really wanted to be responsible for | 他责问我 要是我妨碍了艺术杰作的诞生 |
[1:10:59] | preventing masterpieces from being born? | 担不担得起这个责任 |
[1:11:02] | And, of course I didn’t. | 我当然担不起 |
[1:11:05] | So I started to | 所以之后 |
[1:11:07] | not be in or not he well when Vincent called. | 文森特再找我 我就假装不在 或装不舒服 |
[1:11:16] | Soon after that, they had an argument, | 过了没多久 他们吵了一架 |
[1:11:21] | a terrible row. | 吵得很厉害 |
[1:11:24] | It wasn’t about me, but | 那不是为了我 |
[1:11:28] | maybe my withdrawal had soured things. | 但我的回避也许让事情恶化了 |
[1:11:36] | The next time my father saw him, he had a bullet in his belly. | 我父亲再见到他时 他已身受枪伤奄奄一息了 |
[1:11:41] | Are you satisfied now? | 你现在满意了吗 |
[1:11:44] | You can blame me. | 你可以责怪我 |
[1:11:47] | You can blame my father. | 也可以责怪我的父亲 |
[1:11:48] | You’re not to blame. | 这不能怪你 |
[1:11:51] | You’ve not part in it. | 你跟这事儿没关系 |
[1:11:56] | He was shot by some boys. | 开枪的是几个小流氓 |
[1:11:59] | Some boy named Rene Sacretain. | 其中有一个叫雷内·塞克雷坦的 |
[1:12:03] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我是说真的 |
[1:12:06] | I can see that. | 看得出来 |
[1:12:08] | Rene’s an idiot for sure, but he’s not a murderer. | 雷内是个蠢货 没错 但是他不会杀人 |
[1:12:12] | An idiot who drank, | 这个蠢货喝醉了 |
[1:12:14] | who had a gun, who walked around all summer with it | 他有枪 整个夏天都带着 到处去转悠 |
[1:12:16] | waving it in people’s faces, | 还跑到别人面前扬来扬去 |
[1:12:19] | who bullied Vincent, | 他欺负过文森特 |
[1:12:20] | who was seen with Vincent on the day of his death, | 有人那天看见过文森特跟他们在一起 |
[1:12:23] | and his stuff disappears. | 文森特的画具都不见了 |
[1:12:25] | He didn’t disappear it himself, so | 那些东西不可能凭空消失 |
[1:12:28] | there must have been someone else. | 肯定是某个人拿走了 |
[1:12:32] | It must’ve been. | 一定是这样 |
[1:12:34] | So lonely Vincent resorts to hanging around | 所以孤独的文森特是跟醉酒胡闹的 |
[1:12:36] | with drunken teenagers, and he gets shot. | 年轻人厮混 然后就被人打了一枪 |
[1:12:41] | Or, he shoots himself | 还是因为对生活的绝望 |
[1:12:42] | in despair at his lonely life. | 他想开枪结束自己孤寂的生命 |
[1:12:47] | The result is the same. | 结果都是一样的 |
[1:12:51] | Either way, instead | 无论如何都一样 |
[1:12:54] | he could’ve been at our place painting | 他本来可以在我家安心作画 |
[1:12:56] | if I’d behaved differently, | 要是我不避着他 |
[1:12:58] | if him and my father hadn’t argued. | 要是他和我父亲那次没有吵架 |
[1:13:00] | But, don’t you care that some bastard may have gotten away with murder? | 难道一点都不关心某个混蛋可能已经逍遥法外了吗 |
[1:13:08] | You want to know so much about his death, | 你这么想知道他是怎么死的 |
[1:13:11] | but what do you know of his life? | 那你知道他是怎么活的吗 |
[1:13:15] | I know that he | 我知道 他 |
[1:13:18] | tried hard | 生前非常努力的 |
[1:13:19] | to prove he was | 想证明自己 |
[1:13:21] | good for something. | 并非一无是处 |
[1:13:24] | Yes, | 对 |
[1:13:26] | he did. | 他是这样的 |
[1:13:29] | That’s why I take flowers to his grave. | 所以我才带着花去墓地看他 |
[1:13:33] | That’s all I can do for him now. | 这是我现在唯一能为他做的了 |
[1:13:40] | He would appreciate the delicate beauty of their bloom | 他会欣赏这些花朵的娇柔和美丽 |
[1:13:44] | even each blade of their grassy stems. | 甚至也能欣赏地上青草泛起的光泽 |
[1:13:51] | No detail of life was too small | 生命对他来说没有什么是微不足道的 |
[1:13:54] | or too humble for him. | 或低贱粗鄙的 |
[1:13:59] | He appreciated and loved it all. | 他对一切都能欣赏和热爱 |
[1:14:30] | Let you out of jail did they? | 你就这么被放出来了? |
[1:14:32] | On account of my winning personality. | 就是说 我的人品还靠得住 |
[1:14:34] | It’s like trying to out disgrace your friend Vincent. | 好让你继续为你的朋友文森特正名吗 |
[1:14:37] | I’m working on it. | 我正在努力 |
[1:14:45] | You must be the young man who’s been waiting to see me. | 你就是那个等了我很久的年轻人吧 |
[1:14:48] | Armand Roulin. | 阿曼德·鲁兰 |
[1:14:49] | Son of the great Joseph Roulin, | 你父亲是伟大的约瑟夫·鲁兰 |
[1:14:51] | 陀思妥耶夫斯基:俄国著名作家 | |
[1:14:51] | giant of the South with Dostoevsky’s soul. | 有着陀思妥耶夫斯基之魂的南方伟人 |
[1:14:55] | What? | 什么 |
[1:14:56] | That’s what Vincent called your father. | 文森特是这样描述你父亲的 |
[1:14:58] | He told me all about him. | 他总是跟我提起他 |
[1:14:59] | He did? | 是吗 |
[1:15:00] | Yes, and your mother, | 是的 还有你的母亲 |
[1:15:02] | whose lullaby could sooth even the souls of Icelandic fisherman. | 你母亲那首摇篮曲给他的自生力得到了任何慰藉 |
[1:15:08] | Come now, Armand of the Roulin clan, take a seat, | 来吧 鲁兰家的阿曼德公子 请坐 |
[1:15:11] | be welcome. | 欢迎你的到来 |
[1:15:13] | Louise, drinks. | 路易斯 拿点喝的 |
[1:15:15] | What’ll you have, wine? | 你想喝什么 葡萄酒怎么样 |
[1:15:16] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[1:15:17] | I had my fill last night. | 我昨晚喝的够多了 |
[1:15:19] | Ah, tea then. | 那来点茶吧 |
[1:15:20] | I have just the recipe. | 我家的茶可不一般 |
[1:15:22] | Louise, you know the one, chop-chop. | 路易斯 就那个茶 快去拿吧 |
[1:15:26] | So young man, I hear you’ve been making | 好了 小伙子 这两天我可是 |
[1:15:28] | something of a name for yourself these past two days. | 听说了不少你的事迹啊 |
[1:15:32] | Believe me that wasn’t my intention. | 相信我 那并不是我本意 |
[1:15:35] | I just wanted to deliver a letter. | 我只是想来送这封信而已 |
[1:15:38] | From a dead man to a dead man I understand. | 是逝者写给逝者的 我说对了吗 |
[1:15:42] | Yeah, well I didn’t Know that when I set out. | 对 但我出发的时候还不知道 |
[1:15:46] | A guy I met in Paris thought you might have | 我在巴黎听说你可能知道 |
[1:15:47] | the address for Theo’s widow. | 提奥的遗孀住在哪里 |
[1:15:50] | Seems right the family should have the letter. | 这封信应该留给提奥的家人 |
[1:15:52] | That’s what my father reckons. | 这也是我父亲的想法 |
[1:15:55] | Your father sounds like a responsible man. | 看来你父亲是很负责的人 |
[1:15:57] | I sympathize. | 我深有同感 |
[1:15:59] | I have to look after the health of great artists. | 我必须照顾大艺术家们的健康状况 |
[1:16:01] | It is a burden. | 这需要责任感 |
[1:16:02] | They are not peaceful souls. | 他们的内心并不安宁 |
[1:16:05] | I understand because I am an artist too. | 我能体谅他们 因为我也是一名艺术家 |
[1:16:08] | That is why they trust me. | 所以他们很信任我 |
[1:16:10] | And, Vincent trusted you too? | 那文森特也信任你吗 |
[1:16:13] | Yes, he did. | 那当然 |
[1:16:16] | Does it matter now? | 有什么不对吗 |
[1:16:19] | I was hoping you’d tell me. | 我还指望你来说呢 |
[1:16:22] | Tell you what exactly? | 你想让我说什么 |
[1:16:24] | Vincent wrote to my father six weeks before he died, | 文森特给我父亲写过信 就在他去世六周之前 |
[1:16:27] | and he said he fell absolutely calm | 他说他目前完全平静了 |
[1:16:29] | and in a normal slate. | 整个人很正常 |
[1:16:31] | So I came here hoping you could explain | 所以我过来想请您解释一下 |
[1:16:33] | how he went from absolutely calm and in a normal state to suicidal. | 他是怎么从完全平静变成了要开枪自杀身亡的 |
[1:16:39] | But, I reckon I know the answer to that. | 不过我想我已经知道答案了 |
[1:16:41] | Oh do you now? | 哦 真的吗 |
[1:16:42] | You’re familiar with melancholia are you? | 这么说 你对抑郁症很了解是吗 |
[1:16:46] | I wouldn’t say so. | 不太清楚 |
[1:16:47] | Sufferers can change from feeling life is | 抑郁症患者从感叹人生的喜悦 |
[1:16:50] | a wondrous joy to being stuck in a pit of despair within six hours. | 到觉得恐怖绝望变化只需要六个小时 |
[1:16:55] | So think what changes are possible within six weeks. | 所以六周时间你想想会有什么变化 |
[1:16:59] | But, I don’t reckon that’s it. | 可我觉得不只是这样 |
[1:17:01] | Ravoux girl said he was happy here. | 拉乌的女儿说他在这里很开心 |
[1:17:04] | She’s obviously qualified to make such a diagnosis. | 难道她还有资格做这样的诊断吗 |
[1:17:08] | She saw him everyday, | 她天天见到文森特 |
[1:17:09] | said he was calm and seemed normal. | 他说他很平静 看上去也很正常 |
[1:17:11] | Maybe he did seem that way, | 也许他只是看上去很正常 |
[1:17:13] | maybe he was that way in the beginning. | 也许他从一开始是很正常 |
[1:17:16] | There he is. | 就这儿 |
[1:17:17] | He’s arrived. | 他已经到了 |
[1:17:17] | Leaving the asylum had given him fresh hope. | 离开了精神病院 他的生活有了新的希望 |
[1:17:20] | He didn’t want for much just his work from day to day. | 他要求的不多 只要他天天都能创作 |
[1:17:24] | – Find a little friendship. – It’s good to meet you. | – 交一些朋友 – 很高兴见到你 |
[1:17:25] | I’ve heard so much about you. | 久仰大名 |
[1:17:27] | All will be well. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[1:17:30] | And, did he find a little friendship? | 那他交到朋友了吗 |
[1:17:33] | He had it from me. | 他交到我这个朋友了 |
[1:17:35] | His friend Tanguy said his star was finally rising. | 他的朋友唐吉说”他如新星般冉冉上升” |
[1:17:39] | And, it was. | 确实如此 |
[1:17:41] | With each new canvass, he painted a shining star. | 他可以拿着画布 画上灿烂的明星 |
[1:17:45] | But, all of those stars were surrounded by unfathomable, empty loneliness. | 但环绕着那些明星的却是深不见底的空虚和寂寞 |
[1:17:49] | You said he had your friendship and his brother’s love. | 你说他有你这个朋友 还有他弟弟的关爱 |
[1:17:52] | I mean it seems like everything was all right. | 那他的生活到底哪儿出了问题 |
[1:17:55] | Underneath he was deeply afraid of the future. | 在内心里 他对未来有着深深的恐惧 |
[1:17:59] | To the baby, yes. | 敬新生儿 好吗 |
[1:18:00] | Of his own and Theo’s. | 为自己 也为提奥 |
[1:18:05] | Time to meet you little boy. | 过来让我抱抱 小家伙 |
[1:18:13] | I don’t think he’s responding to your medicine. | 我认为他病情没有好转 我给他开了药 |
[1:18:17] | He knew that Theo had spent a small fortune on him. | 文森特知道 提奥在他身上花了不少钱 |
[1:18:25] | The knowledge of this tore into Vincent. | 这个事实深深刺伤了他 |
[1:18:30] | Excuse me. | 我出去一下 |
[1:18:34] | Theo could’ve had a house like this | 这些年替文森特负担的花费 |
[1:18:35] | with all the money he’d spent on Vincent over the years. | 都够买我们家这样的大房子了 |
[1:18:39] | But, instead what did he have for his new wife and baby’! | 可是他自己的妻儿又得到了什么呢 |
[1:18:43] | Rooms full of paintings that no one wanted to buy. | 他们只能跟一屋子没人要的画挤在一起 |
[1:18:54] | Vincent’s biggest fear was that the burden of him | 文森特最害怕的就是成为弟弟的累赘 |
[1:18:58] | would bring down his brother. | 拖垮他们一家 |
[1:19:05] | So Vincent worried a little about money. | 即使文森特比较担心钱的问题 |
[1:19:07] | It’s not like they were starving is it? | 但也没到挨饿的地步 对吧 |
[1:19:10] | Listen | 听我说 |
[1:19:12] | I don’t reckon he committed suicide. | 我认为他不是自寻了断 |
[1:19:16] | I reckon he was shot. | 实际上他是被杀的 |
[1:19:19] | Have you been talking to Mazery? | 你和马泽里聊过了吧 |
[1:19:22] | You heard his tale of how the angle of the bullet was all wrong, | 你听他瞎掰了什么子弹的角度完全不对 |
[1:19:25] | that nobody shoots themselves in the stomach? | 人不能朝自己的肚子开枪 |
[1:19:28] | Well yeah. | 嗯 对 |
[1:19:30] | What’s to stop Vincent from doing something improbable? | 文森特发起疯来谁又能拦得住 |
[1:19:33] | I mean cutting a piece of your ear off and | 光是割掉一只耳朵 |
[1:19:35] | making a present of it | 然后还当成礼物送给妓女 |
[1:19:36] | to a whore is hardly probable now is it? | 就够匪夷所思的了 对吧 |
[1:19:38] | But, there was this lad Rene who had a gun, | 还有个叫雷内的家伙 他有枪 |
[1:19:40] | who bullied Vincent and was seen with him on that day. | 经常欺负文森特 有人看见文森特那天和他在一起 |
[1:19:42] | I was at Vincent’s bedside on that day, | 文森特临终前 我就在他的床边 |
[1:19:45] | and he said he had shot himself | 他说是自己开的枪 |
[1:19:47] | and told me not to blame anyone. | 还叫我不要责怪任何人 |
[1:19:49] | Not to blame anyone? | 不要责怪任何人? |
[1:19:50] | Doesn’t that sound to you like he was trying to cover for someone? | 那听起来不像是故意要包庇某人吗 |
[1:19:53] | He wanted to die I know that. | 他很想死 我知道 |
[1:19:56] | Why would he say there’s no one to blame | 他说不要责怪任何人 |
[1:19:57] | unless he thought someone might be blamed? | 是因为他觉得可能有人会因此受到责怪 |
[1:19:59] | He said that because there was someone, | 他这么说是因为的确有人应该被责怪 |
[1:20:01] | me. | 那就是我 |
[1:20:04] | I think he | 我想 |
[1:20:08] | took his life | 他了结自己 |
[1:20:10] | to try and save Theo | 是想挽救提奥 |
[1:20:13] | because of something I’d said. | 因为他被我的话刺激了 |
[1:20:18] | You see there was an argument, and I said | 其实 我跟他吵过一次 |
[1:20:22] | I said something to Vincent that as his doctor | 我跟文森特说了一些 |
[1:20:24] | – I should never have said. – Come back. | – 作为医生永远不该说的话 – 回来 |
[1:20:25] | – You know nothing abot art! – But, he’d made me so angry. | – 你根本不懂艺术 – 但那天我被气的不行了 |
[1:20:27] | – You know nothing about art! – He called me an artistic fraud. | – 你根本不懂艺术 – 他说我是个艺术骗子 |
[1:20:30] | And, you are lying especially to yourself. | 你就是骗子 尤其擅长自欺欺人 |
[1:20:32] | In a way I am. | 其实他说的也对 还不止 |
[1:20:33] | – You are an artistic fraud. | 你这个艺术骗子 |
[1:20:35] | – I desperately wanted to be an artist, | 我很渴望成为一名艺术家 |
[1:20:36] | but my father made me study medicine, | 但我父亲强迫我去学医 |
[1:20:37] | and I failed to stand up to him. | 而我也没有坚持下去 |
[1:20:40] | Vincent said I was living a lie | 文森特说我活得虚伪 |
[1:20:43] | whilst he lived and struggled for the truth. | 不像他这么努力地寻求真实 |
[1:20:47] | So I thought in the heat of our argument, okay Vincent | 所以吵到到气头上 我就想 好啊 文森特 |
[1:20:50] | I’ll give you your precious truth. | 我就给你要的真实 |
[1:20:53] | I knew that Theo was in the tertiary stages of syphilis, | 我知道提奥身患梅毒已经到第三期了 |
[1:20:57] | any stress financial, emotional or physical | 任何压力 经济上的 情绪上的 生理上的 |
[1:21:00] | could kill him. | 都能致命 |
[1:21:06] | I said to Vincent, | 我跟文森特说 |
[1:21:08] | “What do you think the burden of worrying about you is doing to your brother?” | 你知道整天为你操心对你弟弟来说是多大的负担吗 |
[1:21:12] | It’s quite likely killing him. | 他压力大的都快垮了 |
[1:21:15] | That is the price of your truth, | 这就是真实的代价 |
[1:21:16] | the price of your path as an artist. | 也是你追求艺术的代价 |
[1:21:19] | Is it worth it? | 你觉得值吗 |
[1:21:21] | That stopped the argument dead. | 我们就这样不欢而散 |
[1:21:26] | Vincent? | 文森特 |
[1:21:29] | Vincent! | 文森特 |
[1:21:31] | Vincent come back! | 回来 文森特 |
[1:21:35] | Vincent! | 文森特 |
[1:21:39] | Two weeks later, | 两个礼拜之后 |
[1:21:41] | I am sitting at his bedside, and he is dying. | 我坐在他的床前 他奄奄一息 |
[1:21:47] | The only words he said, | 他只说了一句话 |
[1:21:50] | “Maybe it is better for everyone.” | 也许这样对谁都好 |
[1:23:14] | Here | 这个给你 |
[1:23:15] | a letter for a letter. | 一封信换一封信 |
[1:23:17] | Theo’s widow is collecting all his letters. | 提奥的遗孀在收集他所有的信件 |
[1:23:20] | She wants to publish them. | 她想出版成书 |
[1:23:22] | I’ll make sure she gets that. | 我保证把信交给她 |
[1:23:39] | In reading through Vincent’s letters to Theo, | 在文森特给提奥的信里 |
[1:23:41] | she came across this one. | 她偶然发现了这个 |
[1:23:43] | It moved her so much, she copied it out and sent it to me. | 她读了深受感动 所以她抄了一份寄给了我 |
[1:23:50] | Why are you giving it to me? | 为什么把它给我 |
[1:23:52] | It is from when he was starting out on his journey as an artist. | 这是他踏上艺术的道路时写的第一封信 |
[1:23:56] | Take it for your journey. | 拿着吧 感谢你跑一趟 |
[1:24:04] | Thank you Dr. Gachet. | 谢谢 加歇医生 |
[1:24:07] | Armand Roulin, good luck. | 阿曼德·鲁兰 祝你好运 |
[1:24:19] | Thanks a lot. | 太谢谢了 |
[1:24:20] | No bother sir. | 这没什么 孩子 |
[1:24:30] | Who am I in the eyes of most people? | 在世人看来 我是什么样的人 |
[1:24:35] | A nobody, a non entity, an unpleasant person. | 是无名小卒 一个无足轻重又不招人待见的家伙 |
[1:24:43] | Someone who has not, | 这样的人在现在 |
[1:24:45] | and never will have | 以及将来 |
[1:24:47] | any position in society. | 在社会上都没有容身之地 |
[1:24:49] | In short, the lowest of the low. | 简而言之 我就是最为低贱的下等人 |
[1:24:56] | Well then | 可是 |
[1:24:58] | even if that were all absolutely true, | 就算这已经成为了无可争辩的事实 |
[1:25:02] | then one day | 总有一天 |
[1:25:04] | I will have to show by my work | 我会用我的作品告诉世人 |
[1:25:07] | what this nobody, | 我这个无名小卒 |
[1:25:09] | this non entity | 这个低贱的人 |
[1:25:11] | has in his heart. | 心有辉煌 绚丽璀璨 |
[1:25:25] | I looked for you at the bar. | 我去酒吧找你了 |
[1:25:28] | Any luck on the job from? | 找工作的事有什么进展吗 |
[1:25:32] | Nothing. | 没有进展 |
[1:25:35] | Lieutenant Milliet says I should enlist. | 米勒中尉说我应该去参军 |
[1:25:37] | What for? | 怎么说 |
[1:25:39] | Well I’m good at fighting, aren’t I? | 呃 我打架挺厉害的 是吧 |
[1:25:45] | Roulin’s have always been that. | 我们鲁兰家的人个个都厉害 |
[1:25:48] | The trick is to know what you’re fighting for. | 但诀窍在于 你要知道是在为什么而战 |
[1:25:54] | Would you look at it? | 你看天上 |
[1:25:56] | There’s a whole other world up there. | 上面简直是另一个世界 |
[1:26:01] | Something we get to gaze upon but don’t fully understand. | 就摆在我们面前 但我们却对其一无所知 |
[1:26:06] | It reminds me of him. | 就像他一样 |
[1:26:11] | It feels wrong | 感觉真不好 |
[1:26:14] | all that life snuffed out because of a stupid accident. | 他的人生就因为一个愚蠢的意外而戛然而止 |
[1:26:20] | I’m still wondering why he would cover for those boys. | 我还在琢磨他为什么要包庇那些臭小子 |
[1:26:25] | What I’m wondering is | 我想的是 |
[1:26:26] | if people will appreciate what he did. | 不知道人们会不会对他的所作所为而心怀感激 |
[1:26:36] | You were looking for me? | 你找我做什么 |
[1:26:40] | This arrived from Holland this morning. | 这封信是今天早上从荷兰寄来的 |
[1:26:44] | It’s from Jo, Theo’s widow. | 是乔寄的 提奥的遗孀 |
[1:26:47] | It turns out Gachel did send the letter. | 看来加歇医生确实把信转交了 |
[1:26:54] | And, she was terribly touched by what you did. | 你送信这事让他非常感动 |
[1:26:59] | She thought it only right that you should know what was in it, | 她觉得你有权知道这封信的内容 |
[1:27:01] | so she copied it out for us. | 就抄了一份给我们 |
[1:27:04] | … She sends her, | 她寄的 |
[1:27:07] | she said something about– | 她里面说的是 |
[1:27:08] | Alright, give it here. | 行了 让我读吧 |
[1:27:16] | In the life of the painter, | 在画家的人生里 |
[1:27:19] | death may perhaps not be the most difficult thing. | 死亡并非难以接受 |
[1:27:22] | For myself, I declare I don’t Know anything about it. | 对于死亡 我的说法不尽准确 |
[1:27:27] | But, the sight of the stars always makes me dream. | 然而每当我仰望星空时 我总会畅想一番 |
[1:27:32] | Why I say to myself should those spots of light | 我常常问自己 我们为什么触摸不到 |
[1:27:35] | in the firmament bet Inaccessible to us? | 头上的点点星光 |
[1:27:38] | Maybe we can take death to go to a star | 莫非人类可以通过死亡去往那一片星空 |
[1:27:43] | and to die peacefully of old age would be to go there on foot. | 这么说 暮年的安详离世该是朝向星海徜徉徘徊吧 |
[1:27:49] | For the moment, I’m going to go to bed because it’s late, | 夜已深了 我该上床安歇了 |
[1:27:53] | and I wish you goodnight and good luck | 祝你晚安 也祝你好运 |
[1:27:56] | with a handshake, | 与你亲切地握手 |
[1:27:58] | your loving | 来自你挚爱的 |
[1:28:00] | Vincent. | 文森特 |
[1:28:18] | 从手执画笔到自杀的短短八年间 文森特共创作了800多幅画作 | |
[1:28:22] | 但在他生前仅有一幅画作售出 | |
[1:28:23] | 在过世之后 文森特被誉为现代艺术之父 | |
[1:28:41] | 阿曼德·鲁兰搬到了突尼斯 余生效力于警队 | |
[1:28:42] | Starry starry night | 繁星点点的夜里 |
[1:28:48] | Paint your palette blue and grey | 调色盘上只有蓝与灰 |
[1:28:53] | Look out on a summer’s day | 在夏日里出外探访 |
[1:28:57] | With eyes that know the darkness in my soul | 用你那洞悉我灵魂幽暗处的双眼 |
[1:29:01] | Shadows on the hills | 山丘上的阴影 |
[1:29:05] | 鲁兰对我 就像老兵对新兵那样亲切 | |
[1:29:07] | Sketch the trees and the daffodils | 描绘出树与水仙花 |
[1:29:12] | Catch the breeze and the winter chills | 捕捉微风与冬天的冷冽 |
[1:29:15] | 他对一切都深谙于心 可怜的文森特 | |
[1:29:16] | In colors on the snowy linen land | 用那如雪地里亚麻般的色彩 |
[1:29:20] | 他太敏感了 所以才会走向极端 | |
[1:29:23] | Now I understand | 如今我才明白 |
[1:29:29] | What you tried to say to me | 你想说的是什么 |
[1:29:33] | And how you suffered for your sanity | 你清醒的时候有多么的痛苦 |
[1:29:36] | 艾德琳·拉乌嫁给了当地的一位旅馆老板 | |
[1:29:39] | And how you tried to set them free | 你努力的想让他们得到解脱 |
[1:29:41] | 余生因为见证了文森特最后几天的生活而备受关注 | |
[1:29:42] | They would not listen, they did not know how | 但他们难以理解 也不知如何是好 |
[1:29:47] | Perhaps, they’ll listen now | 也许 今后他们将会明了 |
[1:29:53] | Starry, starry night | 繁星点点的夜里 |
[1:29:56] | 玛格丽特·加歇一直在父亲的庄园里生活 | |
[1:29:59] | Flaming flowers that brightly blaze | 火红的花朵灿烂的燃烧着 |
[1:30:00] | 直至去世 终身未嫁 | |
[1:30:02] | 文森特为她创作的《在弹钢琴的玛格丽特》 | |
[1:30:04] | Swirling clouds in violet haze | 漩涡似的云飘在紫兰色的雾里 |
[1:30:06] | 在她的卧室里挂了44年 | |
[1:30:08] | Reflect in Vincent’s eyes of China blue | 映照在文森特湛蓝的眼瞳里 |
[1:30:12] | Colors changing hue | 色彩变化万千 |
[1:30:17] | Morning fields of amber grain | 清晨的田园里琥珀色的庄稼 |
[1:30:22] | 加歇医生的画作收藏遗赠给法国后 | |
[1:30:23] | Weathered faces lined in pain | 布满风霜的脸罗列着痛苦 |
[1:30:24] | 专家对文森特的真迹及加歇的临摹展开了特别工作 | |
[1:30:26] | Are smoothed beneath the artist’s loving hand | 在艺术家怜爱的手下得到抚慰 |
[1:30:29] | 《加歇医生的肖像》在1990年破记录以8250万出售 | |
[1:30:33] | Now I understand | 如今我才明白 |
[1:30:34] | 加歇医生本人因此留名永世 | |
[1:30:38] | 在收割者的身上 我看见了死亡 | |
[1:30:40] | What you tried to say to me | 你想说的是什么 |
[1:30:43] | 然而那影像并不可悲 一切都沐浴在阳光之下 | |
[1:30:44] | And how you suffered for your sanity | 你清醒的时候有多么的痛苦 |
[1:30:50] | 闪耀着金色的光芒 | |
[1:30:50] | And how you tried to set them free | 你努力的想让他们得到解脱 |
[1:30:53] | They would not listen, they did not know how | 但他们难以理解 也不知如何是好 |
[1:30:58] | Perhaps, they’ll listen now | 也许 现在他们知道了 |
[1:31:01] | For they could not love you | 因为他们当初爱你 |
[1:31:07] | But still your love was true | 但你的爱依然真实 |
[1:31:07] | 临终前 富有的银行家雷内承认自己年少时 | |
[1:31:12] | 曾经没心没肺的捉弄过文森特 | |
[1:31:12] | And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night | 当灿烂的星空里不存一丝希望 |
[1:31:15] | 他还称文森特为了自杀偷走了他的枪 | |
[1:31:19] | You took your life as lovers often do | 你像许多恋人一样 结束了自已的生命 |
[1:31:23] | But I could have told you, Vincent | 但愿我能告诉你 文森特 |
[1:31:27] | 以下作品用于本片但此片中未收入于《挚爱的文森特》 | |
[1:31:27] | This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you | 这个世界难以体会你的美好 |
[1:31:31] | 我想用自己的作品的感动世人 | |
[1:31:32] | 我希望听到他们说 这位艺术家 | |
[1:31:33] | 所思甚深 所感甚柔 | |
[1:31:34] | 文森特·梵高 | |
[1:31:37] | Starry, starry night | 繁星点点的夜里 |
[1:31:42] | Portraits hung in empty halls | 一幅幅的肖像悬挂在空荡荡的大厅里 |
[1:31:47] | Frameless heads on nameless walls | 无镶框的脸倚靠在寂然的墙上 |
[1:31:52] | With eyes that watch the world and can’t forget | 配上一双看遍世事且永不遗忘的双眼 |
[1:31:55] | Like the stranger that you’ve met | 就像你曾遇见的陌生人 |
[1:32:01] | The ragged men in ragged clothes | 那些衣杉褴褛的人们 |
[1:32:07] | The silver thorn of bloddy rose | 像血红的玫瑰上的银色的刺 |
[1:32:11] | Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow | 断裂并静卧在初下的雪上 |
[1:32:18] | Now I think I know | 我想我已明白 |
[1:32:24] | What you tried to say to me | 你想说的是什么 |
[1:32:29] | And how you suffered for your sanity | 你清醒的时候有多么的痛苦 |
[1:32:33] | And how you tried to set them free | 你努力的想让他们得到解脱 |
[1:32:36] | They would not listen, they’re not listening still | 但他们难以理解 现在依然如此 |
[1:32:42] | Perhaps, they never will | 也许 他们永远不会 |