时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | you sure you don’t want to spend your leavegoing back to earthlike mckay and the others? | 你确定你不和McKay他们一起回地球放假? |
[00:06] | nah,sgc doesn’t have a zpm, | 不了 SGC没有ZMP |
[00:08] | so two weeks on earthmeans three weeks cooped up in the daedalus. | 为了在地球上待两周 还得在Daedalus上熬三周 |
[00:11] | that’s five weeks of missing work. | 那就要欠下五周的工作 |
[00:13] | we only get one of those every year-and-a-half, | 我们每隔一年半才能放这么一次假 |
[00:14] | so i’d like to save mine for something more special. | 所以我一定要干些特别的事 |
[00:16] | so we’re going camping instead? | 所以我们就应该去露营吗? |
[00:18] | on a beach that’s never been surfed or even touched. | 从来没有人在那片海滩上冲过浪 甚至可能都没人去过 |
[00:20] | you gotta get more excited about this. | 你应该感到非常兴奋才是 |
[00:24] | hey,check that out. | 嘿 看看那边 |
[00:25] | what? | 什么? |
[00:27] | think he’ll ever make a move? | 你觉得他有可能会行动吗? |
[00:30] | who cares? | 谁管那? |
[00:35] | say… | 这么说吧… |
[00:36] | i know we only get 14 days on earth a year,and you miss your dad and all… | 我知道我们一年只能在地球上呆14天 而且你肯定很想念你的爸爸… |
[00:42] | but… | 但是? |
[00:43] | see,one of my old–a guy who was doing his doctorateat the same time as me, | 我的一个老… 一个和我一起读博的人 |
[00:47] | he’s giving a big secret presentationabout some new thing that he’s working on, | 正好要做一个大型秘密演讲 介绍他在做的一个新东西 |
[00:51] | and everyone and anyone in the physics communityis going to be there. | 而且物理界所有的人都会出现在那 |
[00:54] | and…well… | 而且… 嗯… |
[00:56] | see,the thing isthere’s this perception out therethat i’m,um… | 事情是这样… 地球上有人认为我… |
[01:02] | like,a washout,recluse… | 落伍了 隐居了之类的 |
[01:04] | why? | 为什么? |
[01:05] | well,’cause i do this for a living. | 因为我在这里工作 |
[01:06] | i mean,super double tip-top secret stuff. | 做的都是些超级机密之类的事情 |
[01:08] | i mean,i haven’t published a paperin nearly a decade– | 我差不多有10年没有发表过一篇论文了 |
[01:10] | not one that can be read by the general public– | 至少没有一篇能被公众读到 |
[01:12] | and i’m kind of hard to get ahold of,what with living in another galaxy and all. | 而且我住在另一个星系 要联系上我也很不容易 |
[01:15] | yeah,i know what that’s like. | 嗯 我知道那是什么个感觉 |
[01:16] | exactly.they think i’m a shut-in. | 没错 他们以为我不敢出门了 |
[01:18] | so… | 所以… |
[01:19] | i was thinking… | 我在想… |
[01:20] | that if i was to,say,show up… | 如果我能带着… |
[01:23] | with a woman… | 一位女士出现 |
[01:27] | a– a beautiful woman… | 一位非常漂亮的女士 |
[01:29] | that they wouldn’t maybe–not think that i was… | 也许这样他们… 就不会认为我是… |
[01:34] | like,a complete loser. | 嗯… 一个彻头彻尾的失败者 |
[01:36] | like,it would be one day,the first night we were there, | 只要一天就好了 我们在那呆一个晚上 |
[01:38] | and then you could be off to chippewa falls. | 第二天你就可以回Chippewa Falls |
[01:40] | i mean,it could be fun. | 嗯 可能会蛮有意思的 |
[01:42] | well,let’s see–a room full of physicists, | 我们来看看啊… 一个房间里充满了物理学家 |
[01:45] | a long-winded presentationi probably won’t understand… | 加上一个冗长的无法理解的演讲 |
[01:50] | yeah,doesn’t really sound like fun. | 嗯 这听上去还真有趣啊 |
[01:52] | well,there’ll be drinks,probably,and maybe those little sandwiches… | 啊 但那儿会有吃的喝的… |
[01:55] | and… | 还有… |
[01:56] | me. | 我 |
[01:57] | i’ll be there. | 我会在那 |
[01:59] | you don’t have to fabricate all these reasonson why you need me to be with you. | 你不用制造出这么多理由来和我在一起 |
[02:03] | you could just ask me out on a date. | 你直接约我出去就好了 |
[02:06] | hey,i didn’t want to–i mean,i know you– | 但我不想… 我是说 我知道你… |
[02:08] | i’ll probably say yes. | 我很可能会同意的 |
[02:12] | well,you…want to go to this thing with me? | 那 你… 想和我一起去吗? |
[02:14] | sure. | 当然 |
[02:17] | i’d love to. | 我很乐意 |
[02:18] | well,i’d love– i mean,that’s–good. | 那 我也很… 我是说那好极了 |
[02:20] | good.great.that’s– | 很好 太好了 这算… |
[02:21] | it’s a date. | 一次约会 |
[02:23] | it’s a date. | 一次约会 |
[02:24] | so what’s the presentation? | 那么那个演讲是关于什么的? |
[02:25] | i don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:27] | he doesn’t want to tell anyone until we all get there,but if i know this guy, | 他要等大家都到了才会说 不过我很了解他 |
[02:30] | it’ll be,uh,you know,first-class presentation… | 肯定是一流的演讲 不过是关于… |
[02:33] | with,like,second-rate science. | 你知道 二流的科学 |
[02:35] | probably some minor adjustment to someone else’s work,but the food’ll be good. | 很有可能是对别人的成果做个小调整 不过那里的东西会很好吃 |
[02:40] | and the company. | 陪我的人也很好 |
[02:53] | malcolm,have you read this? | Malcolm 你读过这个了嘛? |
[02:55] | yes. | 读过了 |
[02:56] | your staff thinks it’s recklessto turn this thing on tomorrow. | 你的手下认为 你明天就启动这东西是很鲁莽的 |
[02:59] | someof my staff… | 只是一部分人而已 |
[03:01] | Malcolm… malcolm… | |
[03:03] | they’re just getting cold feet,that’s all. | 他们只是害怕了而已 |
[03:05] | do you rember all that stuff that came outbefore cern turned on the lhc? | 你还记得CERN启动LHC(大型强子对撞机) 之前发生的那么多事吗? |
[03:09] | you know,miniature black holes,exotic particles,strangelets, | 就是那些小黑洞说咯 宇宙射线说咯 还有奇异夸克团说咯 |
[03:13] | the instantaneous destruction of the planet? | 甚至瞬间星球毁灭说 |
[03:16] | all unfounded histrionics. | 全都是没有根据的瞎掰 |
[03:19] | we are going to be just fine. | 我们不会出问题的 |
[03:20] | so you’re sayingnone of these potential catastrophes will happen? | 你是说这些可能的事故都不会发生? |
[03:23] | well,there is always the slight possibilitythat something might go wrong. | 啊 总是有一个很小的可能性 会出一点问题 |
[03:30] | the cause has a lot riding on this. | 这个事业很大程度上就看明天了 |
[03:32] | don’t worry about it.your precious “cause”will come out of this squeaky clean tomorrow. | 别担心 你那伟大的”事业” 绝对不会受到影响的 |
[03:35] | some of these worst-case scenariosare terrifying– | 但有他们设想的一些最坏情况非常恐怖 |
[03:38] | of course they’re terrifying–they’re worst-case scenarios! | 当然会很恐怖啦… 他们是最坏情况啊! |
[03:41] | they are the worst possible thingthat could ever happen,ever. | 他们是有可能发生的最糟糕的情况 |
[03:47] | tomorrow will come off without a hitch. | 明天不会出什么问题的 |
[03:49] | we’ve done hundreds of tests. | 我们已经做了几百次试验 |
[03:51] | there is zero possibility for failure. | 失败的几率为0 |
[03:55] | trust me. | 相信我吧 |
[05:02] | Brain Strom | 头脑风暴 |
[05:11] | this is exciting. | 这真是令人兴奋啊 |
[05:13] | well,it’s just a plane. | 没什么 只是架飞机而已 |
[05:14] | yeah,but i’ve never even flown first class. | 但我连头等舱都没有坐过 |
[05:16] | this is amazing. | 这真是棒极了 |
[05:18] | have you tried these strawberries? | 你试过这些草莓了吗? |
[05:19] | when i was 10,i ate a bowl full of strawberriesand threw up. | 我十岁的时候吃了一整盆草莓 然后全吐出来了 |
[05:22] | i haven’t been able to stomach them since. | 从那以后就没吃下去过一个 |
[05:24] | how does this guy afford all this? | 那个人怎么支付得起这些东西的? |
[05:26] | i thought he was just a physicist. | 我以为他就是个物理学家 |
[05:27] | well,he was always ableto dupe guys with deep pockets into backing his research. | 他经常能骗有钱人赞助他的研究 |
[05:32] | it’s amazing what a nice smile and a power point presentationwill get you. | 你绝对想不到一张笑脸和一个PowerPoint 演讲能给你带来多少东西 |
[05:36] | well,i am impressed. | 我已经领教了 |
[05:38] | yes,i can see that. | 嗯 我能看得出来 |
[05:40] | oh,come on.you should be happy for your friend’s success. | 哦 好啦 你应该对你朋友的成就 感到高兴才对啊 |
[05:43] | well,it’s more of an acquaintancethan a friend. | 只能算认识吧 不算朋友 |
[05:45] | acquaintances don’t pick you up in private planes. | “只能算认识”的人可不会 派一架私人飞机来接你 |
[05:48] | he didn’t send the jet to be nice. | 他派这架飞机不是想表示好意 |
[05:50] | he sent the jet to rub it in my face. | 而是想抽我的脸 |
[05:52] | i was always one step ahead of this guyduring school,and now that we’re in the “real world,” | 在学校的时候我总是领先他一步 而现在我们回到了”现实世界”以后 |
[05:56] | he wants to show me that,as far as most of the planet is concerned, | 他想告诉我 至少按照大多星球的标准 |
[05:58] | he’s a lot more successful than i am. | 他比我要成功的多 |
[06:01] | and what is with the evening attire? | 还有穿这个晚礼服是要干吗? |
[06:02] | i mean,we’re going to a science talk,for god’s sake. | 我们这可是去参加科学讲座啊 |
[06:04] | who the hell does he think he is? | 他以为他是什么人啊? |
[06:06] | is this what the whole day will be like? | 难道我们今天就要这么度过? |
[06:08] | are you going to be in a bad mood? | 难道你一整天就会这样闷闷不乐的? |
[06:10] | no. | 不会 |
[06:11] | ’cause we’re back on earth on a private jet,drinking expensive champagne, | 我们现在可是在地球上 坐着私人飞机 喝着昂贵的香槟… |
[06:15] | and your date’s wearing a fancy dress. | 而且你的女伴还穿着很漂亮的衣服 |
[06:18] | most people would be having a good time,rodney. | 大多数人在这种情况下会很尽兴的 Rodney |
[06:21] | you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[06:22] | you’re right… | 你说的没错… |
[06:44] | McKay mckay. | |
[06:45] | dr.rodney mckay. | Rodney McKay博士 |
[06:47] | dr.jennifer keller. | 还有Jennifer Keller医生 |
[06:48] | yes.welcome. | 好的 欢迎 |
[06:50] | i’ll just need you bothto sign this non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement. | 我需要你们两个人签署这个保密协议 |
[06:55] | you’re not serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[06:56] | is there a problem,sir? | 有什么问题吗 先生? |
[06:58] | this whole thing is a confidentiality agreement? | 这整个是一份保密协议? |
[07:01] | yes,sir. | 是的 先生 |
[07:02] | what could they possibly be doing back therethat needs to be kept 200 pages secret? | 他们在后面搞的到底是什么东西 需要200多页的保密协议? |
[07:05] | if you want to go inside,sir,you need to sign the agreement. | 先生 如果你想进去 你就要签署这个协议 |
[07:10] | dinosaurs? | 恐龙吗? |
[07:12] | excuse me? | 什么? |
[07:14] | do they have living dinosaurs back there? | 他们里面是有活的恐龙吗? |
[07:15] | because i’ll sign thisif he’s brought dinosaurs back to life. | 如果他让恐龙复活了的话我就签 |
[07:17] | but short of that,he is out of his mindif he thinks that i am going to pretend | 但如果没有的话 他做梦都不要想我会… |
[07:20] | that whatever discovery he’s madeis so important and so secret | 为了他的什么这么重要 这么保密的发现 |
[07:23] | that i have to sign the unabridged worksof william shakespeare here. | 而去签一个非简化版的 莎士比亚作品的作品 |
[07:26] | just sign it. | 你就签啦 |
[07:29] | here you go. | 好了 |
[07:32] | you’re just lucky the lady’s here,aren’t you? | 有位女士在这 算你走运 |
[07:52] | where do you think we are? | 你觉得我们在哪里? |
[07:53] | i don’t know.arizona?nevada? | 我不知道 亚利桑那? 内华达? |
[07:56] | i didn’t thinkpeople even built secret facilities anymore. | 我以为人们不再建造秘密基地了呢 |
[07:57] | it seems so 1950s. | 感觉好像50年代 |
[08:00] | Rodney McKay? rodney mckay? | |
[08:03] | i had it on good authority that you were dead. | 我本来很确信你已经死了呢 |
[08:06] | oh,ha ha. | 哦 哈哈 |
[08:07] | and this would be your… | 这位是你的… |
[08:08] | sister? | 妹妹? |
[08:09] | no,no,neil. | 不 不 Neil |
[08:10] | she’s not my sister. | 她不是我妹妹 |
[08:11] | this is jennifer keller. | 这是Jennifer Keller |
[08:13] | that’s bill nye and neil degrasse tyson. | 这是Bill Nye和Neil deGrasse Tyson (两位均是知名科普节目主持人) |
[08:17] | you know,from television. | 你知道 就是电视上的那个 |
[08:19] | yeah,uh– of course. | 啊 当然 |
[08:22] | very nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[08:23] | no,pleasure’s mine. | 不 应该是我的荣幸 |
[08:24] | and she’s taken,neil. | 不过她已经有伴了 Neil |
[08:25] | no,no,i didn’t mean it that way– | 不 不 我不是那个意思… |
[08:26] | neil likes to steal things from me, | Neil总喜欢偷我的东西 |
[08:28] | things like women and theoretical physics ideas. | 比如说女人还有理论物理学上的点子 |
[08:30] | yeah,but who hasn’t stolen an ideafrom the great rodney mckay? | 嗯 但是谁没有从伟大的 Rodney McKay那里偷过点子呢? |
[08:34] | oh,so we admit it now. | 哦 你们承认了 |
[08:35] | see,back in the day,whenever any one of these people came up with a new ideaor published a new paper,dr. | 你知道 从前 一旦有什么人 想出一个新点子或者发表一篇新论文 |
[08:41] | mckay here would swearthat he was already working on something very similar, | McKay博士总称他已经在研究 一个很类似的东西 |
[08:44] | just hadn’t gotten around to publishing it yet. | 只不过还没有来得及发表什么东西 |
[08:46] | he’d say things like,”i was about to say that very same thing,”or,” | 他总是说 “我要说的就和他说得一样” 或者 |
[08:49] | i was just about to havethat same idea. | “我就要想到一个一样的点子” |
[08:52] | “at least i didn’t declassify pluto from planet status. | 至少我没有剥夺冥王星行星的地位 |
[08:54] | way to make all the little kids cry,neil. | 把那些小孩都弄哭了 |
[08:56] | that make you feel like a big man? | 你就觉得你是一个大人了 Neil? |
[08:57] | see,thanks to dr.tyson,pluto is now the first of the plutoids, | 但是 由于Tyson博士的工作 冥王星现在成了第一个类冥矮行星 |
[09:02] | a new class of celestial object.it’s cool. | 一种新的天体分类 这很酷 |
[09:04] | come on,rodney.it’s the 21st century. | 好了 Rodney 这都21世纪了 |
[09:07] | actually,come to think of it,when was the last time you even published a paper? | 这样一想 Rodney 你上次发表论文是什么时候了? |
[09:09] | the ’80s? | 80年代吗? |
[09:10] | it hasn’t been that long. | 没有那么久 |
[09:12] | i think i was listeningto that band a flock of seagullswhile i was reading it. | 我读你那篇论文的时候 我还在听A Flock of Seagull乐队的歌呢 |
[09:16] | actually,it might have been pre-reagan. | 事实上 可能是在里根总统上台之前 |
[09:18] | well,it has been great running into you guys. | 啊 很高兴能碰到你们 |
[09:20] | we should maybe get our seats. | 我们也许应该去找个位子了 |
[09:22] | bye. | 再见 |
[09:26] | they can’t possibly be dating. | 他们不可能在约会吧? |
[09:28] | i know. | 对啊 |
[09:29] | well,you’re married,so… | 嗯 你已经结婚了 那… |
[09:31] | dibs. | 轮到我了 |
[09:33] | she’s all yours. | 她是你的了 |
[09:39] | i think maybe this was a bad idea. | 我觉得这可能不是个好主意 |
[09:41] | why? | 为什么? |
[09:42] | well,i just rememberedi don’t really like these people. | 我刚想起来我其实不喜欢这些人 |
[09:46] | is it that you don’t like them,or maybe they don’t like you? | 是你不喜欢他们还是他们不喜欢你? |
[09:50] | possibly.i mean,i used to be a little… | 可能是吧 我是说我以前有点… |
[09:54] | abrasive? | 尖刻? |
[09:55] | oh,used to be. | 哦 “以前” |
[09:56] | it’s hard to explain. | 这个很难解释 |
[09:57] | my field is very competive. | 我学的这门竞争很激烈的 |
[10:01] | yeah,i went to med schoolfor six years. | 我上了6年的医学院 |
[10:02] | i wouldn’t know anything about that. | 你以为我这门竞争不激烈吗? |
[10:05] | right. | 也有道理 |
[10:06] | not everythinghas to be a competition,rodney. | Rodney 不是每件事都需要竞争的 |
[10:08] | they know how smart you are. | 他们都知道你很聪明 |
[10:10] | i’m not sure they do. | 这点我就不敢保证了 |
[10:10] | of course they do. | 他们都是通情达理的人 |
[10:12] | you don’t have to keep reminding them. | 你没必要不停的证明你的才华 |
[10:14] | it’s called being humble. | 做人要懂得谦虚 |
[10:16] | have you heard that word before? | 你总听说过”谦虚”这词吧? |
[10:19] | look,we’re on our first dateand i’ve come to a physics talk,okay? | 我们第一次约会 我就陪你来听物理讲座 |
[10:23] | you have to bend a little bit too. | 你就不能迁就我吗? |
[10:26] | humble,eh? | 表现的谦虚点 对不? |
[10:27] | i’ll guess i can try anything once. | 我觉得凡事都可以试试 |
[10:38] | earth… | 地球… |
[10:40] | our home,our planet,the very vessel of life. | 我们的家园 充满生命的地方 |
[10:45] | our world– unique,irreplaceable. | 我们独特并无法替代的家园 |
[10:49] | and yet,at times,it seems like we are unrelentingin our quest | 而在多数时间里 我们毫无止境的发展 |
[10:54] | to drive our ecosystem into catastrophic failure. | 将导致整个生态系统的彻底崩溃 |
[10:59] | gone unchecked,global warming will transform this lush world we know today | 如果继续下去的话 温室效应 将把这个蔚蓝的星球 |
[11:05] | into a lifeless and arid rock. | 转变成一个毫无人烟的地方 |
[11:08] | friends,the stakes couldn’t be higher,the situation no more dire. | 各位朋友们 这危机已刻不容缓了 |
[11:14] | it’s time… | 是我们采取行动 |
[11:16] | to act. | 的时候了 |
[11:19] | hello. | 大家好 |
[11:20] | i’m malcolm tunney. | 我是Malcolm Tunney |
[11:23] | if he’s so worried about global warming,why did he fly us here on a private jet | 如果他真关心温室效应 为何他会 |
[11:27] | that spews out more co2 than sweden? | 用私人飞机来接我们? |
[11:31] | thank you very much. | 多谢各位的来临 |
[11:32] | very kind. | 令敝人无限感激 |
[11:33] | as many of you know,i am not an environmental scientist,nor do i pretend to be one. | 你们都知道 我不是个环境学家 我也从不假装我是个环境学家 |
[11:39] | for instance,i shower regularly. | 举例来说 我经常洗澡 |
[11:44] | no offense,larry. | 希望你不介意 Larry |
[11:48] | i’m just a concerned citizen,one who realizes that the earth has carried us for so long, | 我只是个有责任感的人 我认识到地球已造福我们很长时间了 |
[11:52] | maybe it’s time that we carried her. | 也许是时候我们该回报她了 |
[11:56] | that ratio would be accurateif his body was the size of his ego. | 如果他的身体有他的野心那么大的话 这个比例就对了 |
[11:58] | yeah,it’s a little much. | 他的确有点夸张了点 |
[12:01] | solving a problem like global warmingmay seem impossibly complex. | 解决温室效应也许看来极为艰难 |
[12:05] | so many nations,so many corporations,and john q.publicwill have to agree on a dizzying number of issues. | 涉及到多个国家 公司和所有大众 要在在非常多的问题上达成一致 |
[12:12] | so,then,what can one person really doto make a difference? | 你会问 单凭一人之力能有何作为呢? |
[12:16] | what can i,with my particular and unique skill set,do to help? | 我和我的才能怎能帮助解决这问题呢? |
[12:22] | they think you’re the arrogant one? | 他们还以为你很自大? |
[12:25] | i’ve been working on a number of projectsover the last decade,and i realized that, | 在过去的十年中 我参与诸多项目 我所总结出来的是 |
[12:29] | if i were to combine them,i just may be able to achieve something unexpected… | 如果我把我全部的经验组合 起来的话 也许能有意想不到的成就 |
[12:35] | so,ladies and gentlemen,with major fundingfrom my friends at kramer innovations, | 先生们 女士们 依靠Kramer科研 公司的慷慨资助 |
[12:40] | i have been able to devise a meansto cool our planet in a safe and controlled way. | 我终于找到了一个安全并可控的 给地球降温的方式 |
[12:48] | this guy wouldn’t know cool– | 这家伙都不知道什么是酷 (cool在英文里也是冷,冷却的意思) |
[12:52] | now,the science behind this is immensely complex, | 它背后的科学极为复杂 |
[12:55] | but there will be detailed briefshanded out to youas you leave the lecture hall, | 但在你离开会场时 我们在门口 都准备了详细资料供大家参考 |
[12:58] | but for right now,let me just give you the cliffs notes. | 现在 我就给大家一个简介 |
[13:01] | it begins with a massive heat-sink,one of my own design, | 第一个部件是我设计的吸热器 |
[13:05] | which steadily draws heatfrom the surrounding environment. | 它可以稳定地从环境中吸取热量 |
[13:08] | but where does the heat go? | 但你如何处理那些热量? |
[13:09] | where does that heat go,you may ask. | 你也许会问 如何处理那些热量? |
[13:11] | well,my friends,that is the hard part. | 朋友们 这才是我的最大贡献 |
[13:16] | i give you the tunney space-time matter bridge. | 我向你介绍Tunney时空物质桥 |
[13:21] | wait.what? | 什么? |
[13:23] | now,this isn’t just some theoretical math proof. | 这也不再是纯理论了 |
[13:26] | this is a functioning piece of technology,one that literally moves heat from our space time | 这是一个可行的技术 它会将吸收 我们空间的热量 |
[13:33] | and vents it out into another space time. | 并将其排放到其他的空间 |
[13:36] | that’s my bridge… | 那是我的时间桥… |
[13:38] | my sister and i came up with that. | 那是我和我妹想出来的 |
[13:40] | sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:41] | and it works. | 我也经成功将其变为现实了 |
[13:43] | we’ve been testing the system for a few months now,and it has proved to be remarkably stable. | 经过多个月的实验 我们都得出了 很稳定的结果 |
[13:47] | that’s my idea! | 那是我的主意! |
[13:49] | rodney,now is not the time. | Rodney 你一会再说吧 |
[13:51] | for the purposes of the demonstration today,i’ve surrounded this facilitywith an electrified plasma grid | 为了今天的展示的目的 我将用电化 离子场包围住本设施 |
[13:56] | that will contain the reach of the heat-sink. | 它将局限吸热器的吸热范围 |
[13:59] | it will draw heat only from this facility. | 它只会从本设施内吸热 |
[14:01] | wait,he’s going to turn it onwith us here. | 他要我们还在这里启动那东西? |
[14:03] | that’s– this is a bad idea. | 这是…这是非常坏的主意 |
[14:05] | -rodney,please. -and to prove the effectiveness of this system, | – Rodney 你就别闹了 – 为了证明这个系统的有效 |
[14:08] | i will lower the temperature within this facilityby 10 degrees. | 我将把这室内温度降低10(华氏)度 |
[14:12] | oh,and don’t worry,i’ve turned off the air conditioning,so there’ll be no cheating,i promise. | 不用担心 我已经关闭了空调系统 所以不会有任何作弊的行为 |
[14:16] | i’m sorry,i can’t let him do this—-excuse me! -no,rodney | – 我不能让他怎么做 – Rodney 别这样 |
[14:19] | Malcolm… malcolm… | 恕我打断一下! |
[14:20] | dr.mckay. | McKay博士 |
[14:22] | thank you for coming. | 感谢你到此参加 |
[14:24] | this is a bad idea. | 这是个非常坏的主意 |
[14:26] | well,we’re not quite ready for the q&a session yet,so if you could just wait till then– | 我们还没到问答的时候 你为何不耐心等一会 |
[14:30] | let’s just take a look at the data you’ve come up withand talk about this, | 先让我们看看你的数据再说 |
[14:34] | because turning the device on with all these people herecould be very dangerous. | 因为在怎么多人在场的情况下 启动这机器是极为危险的 |
[14:38] | respectfully,i disagree. | 我不得不说 我不赞成你的意见 |
[14:41] | wh– you can’t do something like thiswithout our consent. | 你不能不经我们同意而干这事 |
[14:44] | sit down! | 坐下! |
[14:45] | you did sign the document when you entered,didn’t you? | 你在门口签了那个同意书 对不? |
[14:48] | -well,yeah,i thought that was just– -then i have your consent. | – 我以为那是… – 那就说明你已同意了 |
[14:52] | yeah,but–look,i’ve been doing workthat is very,very similar to this– | 但… 听着 我之前也进行过 非常类似的研究… |
[14:55] | really? | 真的? |
[14:57] | i don’t think that’s possible. | 我想这是不可能的 |
[14:59] | look,these bridges to other space timescan be very unpredictable. | 这空间桥是极不稳定的 |
[15:03] | do you have any researchyou’d like to put forward right now? | 你有任何证据来支持你的说法吗? |
[15:05] | a paper,perhaps? | 比如任何你写的论文? |
[15:06] | anything to back up your claim? | 任何可以支持你的说法的东西? |
[15:11] | rodney,please.tell me this isn’t just petty jealously. | Rodney 别这样 告诉我你不是嫉妒了吧? |
[15:15] | okay. | 好吧 |
[15:15] | well,no,no,i– i just– | 不 我… 我只是… |
[15:18] | no,i didn’t think so. | 不 我想你是没证据的 |
[15:21] | don’t worry,everyone.this is completely safe. | 各位 不必担心 这演示是绝对安全的 |
[15:24] | and… | 好了… |
[15:35] | we’re up and running. | 现在已经开始运行了 |
[15:36] | now,i’ll be happy to answer all of your questionsonce you’ve had a chance to read the brief, | 我很愿意在大家看完简介后 回答你们的问题 |
[15:40] | but for now,why don’t we all go back out to the lobbywhere hot coa is waiting, | 但是就此刻来说 我们还是 回到有热可可供应的大厅里去吧 |
[15:45] | ’cause it’s about to get very cold in here. | 因为这里可能会有点冷 |
[15:47] | thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[15:49] | -i– -come on. | 我… 好啦 |
[15:50] | let’s go get some hot chocolate,okay? | 我们去喝点热巧克力吧 |
[16:01] | this is… | 这是… |
[16:02] | how did he even get ahold of my work? | 他是怎么得到我的研究成果的? |
[16:04] | you’re sure this is your work? | 你确定这是你的成果? |
[16:05] | absolutely.look,you believe me,don’t you? | 当然是 你是相信我的 不是么? |
[16:08] | of course i do. | 当然了 |
[16:09] | there is no way that he came up with thison his own. | 他绝不可能独自想出这个方法 |
[16:11] | we’ve got to– we’ve got to–we… | 我们必须…我们要…我们… |
[16:14] | come on. | 跟我来 |
[16:28] | we shouldn’t be in here. | 我们不能进这里来的 |
[16:29] | okay,just stand guard there. | 放心吧 你站在那里望风就好了 |
[16:30] | -why? -it’ll take me a couple of secondsto hack into his computer. | 为什么 我需要点时间来进入他的电脑 |
[16:33] | what are you doing? | 你要干什么? |
[16:43] | thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[16:46] | thank you,but i don’t thinkan achievement of this magnitudecan truly be credited to one man. | 谢谢你们 但是我认为这一伟大的成就 不能归功于某一个人 |
[16:51] | dr.tunney,sir. | Tunney博士 先生 |
[16:53] | oh,excuse me. | 哦 请原谅 |
[16:54] | yes?what is it? | 什么事? |
[16:56] | well,you told us to shut the device downonce we reached 64. | 你吩咐我们在达到64度的时候关掉机器 |
[16:59] | yes,that’s right.we can shut it down now. | 是啊 没错 我们现在可以关掉它了 |
[17:00] | well,that’s the problem,sir. | 这就是问题所在 先生 |
[17:02] | we’ve tried.we’ve tried everything,in fact. | 我们试过了 用尽了一切办法 |
[17:04] | the device won’t shut off. | 就是关不掉它 |
[17:14] | Malcolm… malcolm… | |
[17:14] | i’m sorry,could you just give me a moment here? | 抱歉 请给我点时间 |
[17:16] | let me in here. | 让我来 |
[17:20] | all right,now,who’s been in here? | 好吧 有什么人进来过吗? |
[17:21] | just us,sir. | 都是自己人 先生 |
[17:22] | what is it? | 怎么回事? |
[17:23] | well,the bridge won’t deactivate. | 物质桥无法关闭 |
[17:24] | i don’t understand why it shouldn’t. | 我不知道是什么原因导致的 |
[17:26] | shut down the power to the facility. | 切断它的能源 |
[17:28] | uh,that won’t do anything. | 那不管用 |
[17:30] | the system self-generates its own poweronce it’s up and running. | 这个装置一旦运作就可以自给能源 |
[17:32] | then shut down the containment field. | 那么就关闭隔离能量场 |
[17:34] | we need to get these guests out of here. | 我们得把客人都转移 |
[17:36] | that won’t work either. | 那也同样无法奏效 |
[17:38] | -why not? -why not? | – 为什么? – 你想知道为什么? |
[17:39] | well,it’s impossibly complicated,but the containment fieldis tied into the basic operationsof the device. | 隔离能量场是十分复杂的 但是它是与传温装置的基本功能相绑定的 |
[17:44] | it literally can’t shut downuntil we collapse the matter bridge. | 理论上来说我们不切断 物质桥就不能关掉它 |
[17:48] | it’s a safety protocol,one that i can’t reprogramuntil we can power down the device. | 这是个安全措施 不关掉装置我就没法改写它 |
[17:51] | so we’re trapped in hereuntil you can get this thing fixed? | 这么说如果修不好它 我们就要被困在这里了? |
[17:54] | yes. | 是的 |
[17:55] | what happens until then? | 如果修不好会怎样? |
[17:57] | the bridge will continue to draw heatfrom the heat-sink. | 物质桥会持续从吸热器中抽走热量 |
[18:00] | we just dropped 10 degrees in 10 minutes. | 我们刚刚只用了10分钟就降低了10度 |
[18:03] | in an hour,we’ll be below zero. | 一小时后我们就处于零度以下了 |
[18:05] | we’re going to freeze to death. | 我们会被冻死的 |
[18:06] | well,i’ve activated the facility’s heating system. | 我已经开启供暖系统了 |
[18:08] | that should buy us a little bit of time. | 这样可以给我们争取一点时间 |
[18:10] | you said “without a hitch,” you’d run hundreds of tests. | 你说过”不会出问题” 你都测试过无数次了 |
[18:12] | someone has messed with the system. | 有人更改了系统 |
[18:18] | that was out of line,man. | 那有点过了 伙计 |
[18:19] | he stole the work. | 他偷了我的创意 |
[18:21] | hey,come on. | 嘿 算了吧 |
[18:22] | it was in the middle of his presentation. | 你总不能在他演讲的时候打断他 |
[18:23] | he was about to start the thing up! | 他马上就要开始运作了! |
[18:24] | it couldn’t wait. | 我无法容忍 |
[18:26] | he brought you here as an olive branch. | 他请你来这里 向你伸出了橄榄枝 |
[18:28] | he wanted to bury the hatchet. | 他想要和你言归于好 |
[18:29] | yeah,in my back. | 他是笑里藏刀 |
[18:30] | dr.mckay? | McKay博士 |
[18:32] | dr.keller? | Keller医生 |
[18:33] | yes? | 什么事? |
[18:34] | mr.tunney would like a word. | Tunney先生想和你们聊几句 |
[18:38] | well,i’m guessing that that word is “i apologize. | 啊哈 我猜他想说的那个字是”抱歉” |
[18:43] | “that’s,uh,two words,genius. | 那是两个字 我的天才 |
[18:50] | that’s one odd duck,that guy. | 这家伙真是个怪胎 |
[18:58] | well,it takes a big man to admit that he’s wrong,and much as i appreciate it, | 某个大人物要承认他的错误了 虽然我对此非常欣赏 |
[19:02] | i really would prefer that this whole apology thingtook place a little more publicly. | 但我真心希望这个道歉的过程 能够更公开一点 |
[19:06] | are you kidding? | 你开什么玩笑? |
[19:07] | you are the onewho should be apologizing to me. | 你应该向我道歉才对 |
[19:10] | what the hell for? | 为什么? |
[19:12] | i invited you here as a courtesy. | 我好心好意请你来这里 |
[19:14] | out of kindness. | 满怀善意 |
[19:16] | you know,most people thinkyou’ve lost your mind,that you’ve gone,uh,howard hughes. | 你知道么 大多数人都认为你已经疯了 或者像Howard Hughes那样隐居起来了 |
[19:20] | just because i don’t call anymoredoesn’t mean i’m keeping my urine in jars. | 只是不跟任何人联系 并不代表我精神错乱了 |
[19:23] | -look,i don’t need you to– -shut up.i don’t have time for this. | – 听着 我不需要你来… – 都闭嘴 我没有时间听你们吵架 |
[19:25] | what have you two done? | 你们两个到底干了什么? |
[19:27] | what have we done? | 我们干什么了? |
[19:29] | we can’t shut the device down. | 我们无法关闭那设备了 |
[19:31] | i told you not to turn it on. | 我告诉过你别打开它 |
[19:33] | i practically begged you. | 我几乎是在恳求你 |
[19:34] | but would you listen?no! | 但是你听进去了么? 没有! |
[19:36] | tell us what you didand how to undo itand i’ll consider not pressing charges. | 告诉我们你们做了什么以及如何补救 我就不控告你们 |
[19:40] | we didn’t do anything. | 我们什么都没干 |
[19:42] | oh,really? | 真的么? |
[19:43] | explain this,then. | 那这是怎么回事 |
[19:53] | we shouldn’t be in here. | 我们不能进这里来的 |
[19:54] | stand guard there. | 你站在那里望风就好了 |
[19:55] | -why? -it’ll take me a couple seconds to hack into his computer. | 为什么? 我需要点时间来进入他的电脑 |
[19:58] | what are you doing? | 你要干什么? |
[19:59] | if that son of a bitch thinks that he can humiliate mein front of my peers and get away with it, | 如果那个狗娘养的以为他可以 在众人面前羞辱我而不付出代价 |
[20:02] | he’s got another thing coming. | 那他就大错特错了 |
[20:03] | i will destroy him. | 我要毁了他 |
[20:04] | now is not the time,rodney. | 现在不是时候 Rodney |
[20:06] | got to be something in here i can useto discredit the pretentious tool. | 这里一定有什么东西可以用来 羞辱那个自命不凡的笨蛋 |
[20:10] | hurry up,hurry up,somebody’s coming. | 快点 快点 有人来了 |
[20:11] | come on,come on,come on. | 快走 快走 快走 |
[20:15] | now,look,i can see how,out of context,that could seem incriminating… | 哦 你瞧 断章取义是多么容易造成误解 |
[20:20] | out of context? | 断章取义? |
[20:22] | what were you doing in there? | 你们在那里干什么? |
[20:25] | i was looking for a paper i publisheda little over two years ago, | 我在找我两年前发表过的一篇文章 |
[20:28] | one that dealt with a matter bridge. | 一篇关于物质桥的文章 |
[20:30] | rodney,you have not published a paper in a very long time. | Rodney 你已经很长时间 没有发表过文章了 |
[20:34] | you probably didn’t even know it was my work. | 你可能根本不知道那是我的成果 |
[20:36] | oh,you’re publishing under a nom de plume now? | 哦 你现在用假名发表文章了? |
[20:39] | okay,here’s how i think it went down– | 现在我知道是怎么回事了 |
[20:42] | you were working with the government. | 你是与政府合作的 |
[20:43] | someone there trusted you a lotand let you see something you weren’t supposed to see. | 有些人很信任你 并且让你看了某些你本不应该看的东西 |
[20:47] | or maybe you were sent something by accident,who knows. | 或者天知道是谁 碰巧发送给你的 |
[20:51] | you saw a paper about a matter bridge,a project that was shut downdue to the adverse effects of exotic particles. | 你看到一篇关于 受到外来粒子不利影响 而终结了的物质桥计划的文章 |
[20:57] | you read it,you realized that if the bridge was usedmerely as a transfer of energy, | 你看完后觉得 如果仅把物质桥用于传输能量 |
[21:01] | say heat,there would be no exotic particle creationand thus no adverse effects. | 比如热量 那么就不会有外来粒子产生 从而消除其不利影响 |
[21:06] | so… | 因此 |
[21:07] | you co-opted the science as your own,made a few changes to make yourself feel better, | 你占该创意为己用 稍加修改以使自己心安理得 |
[21:11] | and got to work,dismissing the original authors’ warningsabout the inherent instabilityof time-space bridges. | 然后就开始动工 而且无视原作者 对于时空桥所固有的不稳定性的警告 |
[21:18] | how am i doing so far? | 我说的对么? |
[21:19] | that’s preposterous.dr.tunney’s been working on this for years. | 荒谬至极 Tunney博士已经研究该项目很多年了 |
[21:23] | that was my work,malcolm. | 那是我的构思 Malcolm |
[21:25] | i wrote that paper. | 那文章是我写的 |
[21:31] | terrence,these people may be able to help us. | Terrence 他们也许能救我们 |
[21:40] | this is bad. | 事态严重了 |
[21:41] | the sabotage? | 你们弄得过头了? |
[21:42] | sabotage. | 我们弄得? |
[21:43] | please. | 得了吧 |
[21:44] | -but you said there was– -i may have rushed to judgment. | – 但是你说过… – 我言之过早了 |
[21:47] | can you shut it down? | 你能关闭它么? |
[21:48] | look,these matter bridgesare the very definition of unpredictable. | 听着 这些物质桥极不稳定 |
[21:52] | you know,i think i remember you sayingsomething about that before. | 我记得你好像说过这个 |
[21:55] | yes or no,doctor? | 你到底行不行 博士? |
[21:56] | i don’t know yet. | 我不知道 |
[21:58] | have you turned up the heat? | 你开了暖气了吗? |
[21:59] | yes. | 开了 |
[22:00] | have you noticed this? | 你注意到这个了么? |
[22:01] | yes. | 是的 |
[22:03] | what is it? | 什么东西? |
[22:04] | the bridge isn’t drawing a consistent loadfrom the heat-sink. | 物质桥不是以稳定的速率 从吸热器中吸取能量 |
[22:06] | instead,it’s wavering. | 它的波动很大 |
[22:08] | why is that bad? | 那有什么问题? |
[22:10] | i wouldn’t necessarily call it bad. | 我觉得还不至于称其为问题 |
[22:11] | it’s definitely not good,but i don’t know that i’d call it bad. | 只不过不能算好而已 但是还谈不上问题 |
[22:14] | you’re kidding me,right? | 你在开玩笑吧? |
[22:16] | a regular bridgeshould draw the same amount of energyat all times. | 一个稳定的物质桥应该 长期吸收等量的热能 |
[22:19] | this one is fluctuating greatly. | 这个却有大幅度波动 |
[22:21] | maybe we can use that… | 也许我们能利用这点… |
[22:23] | wait for it to peak,then overload it and crash. | 等到它到达峰值以后将其超载至崩溃 |
[22:26] | that’s a good idea. | 这是个好主意 |
[22:28] | yeah,i thought you’d like it… | 当然 我想你会喜欢的… |
[22:29] | what with it being my idea and all. | 我的主意什么的 |
[22:35] | it’s freezing in here. | 这儿好冷啊 |
[22:36] | we get it. | 我已经领教了 |
[22:37] | it works. | 它有作用 |
[22:38] | shut it down.i’m starting to freeze to my chair. | 但快关掉它 我快要冻僵在椅子里了 |
[22:47] | what the hell was that? | 那是什么玩意儿啊? |
[22:54] | a sudden and dramatic cooling beam. | 一束突然且激烈冷冻束 |
[22:57] | the irregular power pull from the bridge… | 是物质桥吸取能量不均匀导致的 |
[22:58] | oh,so when the bridgemakes a sudden demand on the heat-sink… | 这么多 当物质桥从吸热器 突然吸取能量时… |
[23:00] | the heat-sink reactsby drawing power from a single,localized placeinside the containment field. | 吸热器就从隔离能量场内的一个点 吸取能量 以作回应 |
[23:04] | and that beam would freeze anything in its path. | 而这个冷冻束会一路 将所有东西都冻僵 |
[23:06] | oh,did not see this coming. | 哦 这点可没预想到 |
[23:08] | it’s freeze lightning. | 这是冰冻闪电 |
[23:09] | freeze lightning…ooh,i like that. | 冰冻闪电… 我喜欢这名字 |
[23:11] | oh,you can’t have it.it’s mine. | 哦 你别想侵权 这是我的 |
[23:12] | it’s copywritten. | 版权所有 |
[23:15] | how’s he doing? | 他怎么样了? |
[23:16] | he’s in very bad shape. | 他情况很糟糕 |
[23:18] | it’s like his whole left side has been flash-frozen. | 似乎他整个左半身都被瞬间冻住 |
[23:21] | i have never seen anything like this before. | 我从未见过类似的事情 |
[23:24] | oh,man. | 哦 老天 |
[23:27] | look,this isn’t entirely your fault. | 听着 这不完全是你的错 |
[23:29] | i…i really hope he signed his waiver. | 我… 但愿他签了放弃索赔声明书 |
[23:35] | do you think this is the first timethis has happened? | 你觉得这种现象是第一次发生吗? |
[23:38] | yeah,or maybe just the first timeanyone’s been around to notice it. | 或许是第一次被周围的人注意到的 |
[23:40] | so this thing could be wreaking havoc all over the facility. | 那么这东西可能会在整个基地里大肆泛滥 |
[23:42] | so this is going to keep happening? | 那 这东西还会出现? |
[23:44] | yes,and probably with greater frequency. | 是啊 而且很有可能更加频繁 |
[23:46] | okay,this little side effectis going to really hamperour attempts to shut this thing down. | 好了 这个小副作用肯定会阻碍我们 关掉这个东西 |
[23:50] | and by “hamper”,you mean “get us all killed. | 你说”阻碍”的意思是”将我们都杀死” |
[23:54] | “yeah,something like that. | 是的 差不多吧 |
[24:00] | we need to call in the military. | 我们得给军队打电话 |
[24:01] | i’d prefer not to do that just yet. | 我希望暂且不要这么做 |
[24:03] | you’re lucky that guy out there isn’t dead. | 外面那个人没死 你该觉得幸运 |
[24:06] | i’m sure these twocan get the device back into its proper operating mode. | 我确定这两位先生能使设备 重新回到正常运转模式 |
[24:09] | it’s a little late for that. | 那有点太晚了 |
[24:10] | terrence,things have gotten out of hand. | Terrence 局面已经失控了 |
[24:12] | we need to make that call. | 我们得打电话 |
[24:13] | we make that call,the government shuts us down. | 我们打了电话 政府就会终结我们的项目 |
[24:15] | yeah,that’s the idea. | 是啊 我们的想法正是如此 |
[24:16] | i don’t understand. | 我没听懂 |
[24:17] | when the device started to malfunction,the first thing you wanted to dowas get everyone out of here safely. | 之前当设备刚开始出问题 你首先就是想 让大家都安全离开这里 |
[24:22] | to avoid the project being brandedas too dangerous to move forward. | 以防有人说这个项目太危险 使我们无法继续研究 |
[24:26] | well,the cat’s out of the bag now. | 但现在事情已经失控了 |
[24:28] | are you worried about all the moneyyou sunk into this? | 你在为你砸进去的钱担心么? |
[24:29] | ’cause that’s gone. | 因为这些钱都没有了 |
[24:30] | no,i’m not worried about the money. | 不 我不为钱财担心 |
[24:32] | we’re close to coming up with a solutionfor global warming. | 我们差一点找到解决 全球暖化的方法了 |
[24:35] | we could save the planet. | 我们能拯救地球 |
[24:37] | it’s bigger than me,and it’s bigger than you. | 这比我和你都更重要 |
[24:40] | if we can get the device under controlwithout calling the military, | 要是我们不通知军队就控制好局面 |
[24:43] | they’re going to let us continue our research. | 他们会让我们继续这项研究 |
[24:45] | i’ve got news for you. | 我给你捎个信儿 |
[24:46] | you can’t control it,and you shouldn’t continue with your research. | 你无法控制它 你也不该继续你的研究 |
[24:49] | we’ll figure it out. | 我们会想出办法的 |
[24:51] | i have the utmost faith in both of you. | 我极度信任你们俩 |
[24:54] | this is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[24:55] | give me your cell. | 把你的手机给我 |
[24:56] | it won’t work,not with the containment field up. | 只要封闭力场还在 它都不管用 |
[24:58] | there’s too much interference. | 干扰太严重了 |
[25:00] | you have a land line in your office. | 你的办公室里有固话 |
[25:06] | it’s dead. | 电话不通 |
[25:07] | give me that. | 听筒给我 |
[25:10] | it’s dead. | 电话不通! |
[25:11] | kramer must have killed the phones. | Kramer肯定将电话线都掐掉了 |
[25:13] | i don’t suppose you have accessto the communications room? | 我想你没有权限去通信室吧? |
[25:15] | it’s a kramer facility. | 这儿是Kramer的基地 |
[25:16] | i just work here. | 我只是在这儿打工的 |
[25:17] | great. | 真是好极了 |
[25:18] | looks like it’s up to you and me. | 看来只能依靠你和我了 |
[25:20] | we’d better get back to the control room,figure this out ourselves. | 我们得赶回控制室 靠我俩想出对策 |
[25:22] | wait.wait,wait. | 等等 等等 |
[25:23] | isn’t there,like,a room full of geniuses out there? | 但外面满大厅的不都是天才吗? |
[25:26] | that’s debatable. | 那可有待争论 |
[25:29] | if that freeze lightning thing happens again,people could die. | 如果那个冰冻闪电再次来袭 可能会有人丧命 |
[25:32] | they’ll slow me down. | 他们会扯我后腿 |
[25:34] | what happened to that “humble” thingwe were going to try today? | 我们今天不是要学着”谦逊”些吗? |
[25:41] | the resultis what i am calling “freeze lightning. | 结果就产生了我所说的”冰冻闪电” |
[25:45] | -“unbelievable. -it is the sudden and immediate transfer of heatfrom a localized area, | – 难以置信 – 它是一种局域性的瞬间热能传送束 |
[25:49] | and it is potentially very lethal. | 而且它有可能非常致命 |
[25:51] | we need to figure out how to collapse the matter bridge, | 我们得想办法摧毁物质桥 |
[25:54] | stop it from drawing energy from the heat-sink, | 阻止它从散热装备吸纳能量 |
[25:56] | otherwise it’s going to get “unlivably” cold in here. | 否则这里会冷得”无法生存” |
[25:59] | why don’t we just turn this containment field offand get out of here? | 为什么我们不能关掉这个封闭力场 然后离开这里? |
[26:03] | well,for one thing,it’s tied into the basic functionof the matter bridge, | 其一 它跟物质桥的基本功能相联系 |
[26:06] | so we can’t just shut it off. | 所以我们无法关掉它 |
[26:07] | even if we could,it houses so much cool air now | 即便我们可以 这里现在聚集了 太多冷空气 |
[26:09] | that it would create a sudden,massive cold frontas soon as it drops. | 当它断开时 会产生一股突然而强大的冷锋 |
[26:12] | we’re talking high-speed winds,tornadoes… | 我们会遇到高速风 龙卷风 |
[26:15] | an instant mega-storm. | 还有即时特大风暴 |
[26:18] | not to mention the factthat the heat-sink would start to draw heatnot just from this facility, | 更不用说 届时吸热器不仅 从研究所吸走热量 |
[26:22] | but from the entire planet. | 更从全球吸走热量 |
[26:24] | we cannot allow that to happen. | 我们不能让这样的事情发生 |
[26:26] | why don’t we just destroy it,just bash it apart? | 为什么不单纯地毁掉它 将它打成碎片? |
[26:29] | because that could create a tear in our space time. | 因为那样会在我们的空间时间 扯出一个口子 |
[26:32] | never mind,then. | 那算了 |
[26:34] | yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:36] | look,you guys are the best of the best. | 听着 你们是精英中的精英 |
[26:39] | i’m sure if you work together,you’ll come up with something. | 我敢肯定 如果你们相互合作 你们一定能想出办法的 |
[26:49] | that will never work. | 这不会行得通的 |
[26:50] | look. | 听着 |
[26:51] | just give me two seconds… | 就给我两秒钟… |
[26:52] | no! | 不! |
[26:54] | you’re going about this all wrong. | 你完全弄错了 |
[26:56] | watch who you’re correcting,”science guy. | 看清楚你究竟在改正谁 “科学男” |
[26:58] | “my ph.d.is not honorary. | 我的博士学位可不是挂了”荣誉”名的 |
[27:01] | hey,look,i’m an engineer. | 听着 我是个工程师 |
[27:02] | i can do math! | 我知道怎么搞定数学! |
[27:03] | just listen to my idea– | 就听听我的想法– |
[27:04] | i have been listening,and that iswhat led me to believethat you are a moron! | 我一直在听 所以我终于知道你是个白痴! |
[27:08] | if it’s any consolation,you’re both wrong. | 说点安慰的话儿 你们都错了 |
[27:11] | what,and you’re right? | 什么? 难道你就对了? |
[27:12] | we’re supposed to listen to you? | 我们该听你的? |
[27:13] | you’re the jerk that got us into this mess. | 正是你这个混蛋将我们弄到如此田地 |
[27:15] | i have a workable theory. | 我有个可行的理论 |
[27:17] | yeah,a “theory”. | 哦是啊 “理论” |
[27:18] | take into account that i have experience with this, | 考虑一下我在这个领域的经验 |
[27:20] | that i’ve been doing work that is years aheadof anything you guys have even been dreaming about? | 我多年的工作 比你们做梦想到的都先进得多 |
[27:25] | i think that’s kind of what i’m getting at! | 那正是我要说的! |
[27:27] | hey! | 嘿! |
[27:32] | this is embarrassing. | 这真是尴尬至极 |
[27:35] | look at you–the greatest minds this world has to offer,and if i didn’t know any better, | 看看你们… 世上最聪明的人 要是我不认识你们 |
[27:40] | i’d think there was a bunch of sixth graders in here. | 我还以为你们是一群小学六年级学生 |
[27:43] | you guys need to suck it up and get along. | 你们得容忍一下 相处友好些 |
[27:46] | it’s like i’ve always said,people are more alike than they are different– | 就像我常说的 人们都没什么不同… |
[27:50] | not now,nye. | Nye 现在不要说这个 |
[27:52] | okay. | 好吧 |
[27:53] | our lives are at stake here. | 我们现在命悬一线 |
[27:56] | we need a solution,and we need this fast. | 我们要找到解决方法 而且要尽快 |
[28:00] | please… | 拜托了… |
[28:02] | come on,the rest of us are counting on you. | 我们其他人都指望你们了 |
[28:08] | yes,rodney. | 请说 Rodney |
[28:10] | i think i’m onto something. | 我似乎想到什么了 |
[28:11] | it just needs some ironing out. | 只是需要在完善一下 |
[28:13] | okay.great. | 好的 很好 |
[28:15] | guys… | 各位… |
[28:17] | yeah,well,let’s have a look at it and just… | 好了 让我们来看一下(你的想法) 然后… |
[28:18] | fresh eyes. | 有创见 |
[28:20] | we’ll start with bill’s theory… | 我们从Bill的理论说起… |
[28:30] | they’ll figure something out. | 他们会想出办法的 |
[28:33] | i’m sure they will. | 我相信他们能行 |
[28:35] | let’s just hope it’s before someone dies. | 不过希望是在有人丧命之前 |
[28:42] | you know,my uncle george,he always hated the phrase”save the planet”. | 我叔叔George 他总是讨厌 “拯救地球”这句话 |
[28:50] | what? | 什么? |
[28:51] | well,he just thought it was a little backwards,you know, | 他只是觉得有点儿颠倒是非了 |
[28:52] | ’cause the planet’s going to be hereno matter what happens. | 因为不管如何 地球总会存在着 |
[28:56] | it might be a giant unlivable rock,but it’s going to survive. | 它也许会变成一块 不宜生存的巨石 但它会存活下来的 |
[29:01] | so you’re turning thisinto a discussion on semantics? | 你现在是要将这事情变成语义讨论会? |
[29:05] | what i mean is,mr.kramer, | Kramer先生 我想说的是 |
[29:07] | the work you’re doing isn’t about saving the planet. | 你现在在做的不是拯救地球 |
[29:11] | it’s about saving lives. | 而是拯救生命 |
[29:13] | and that’s a noble pursuit,trying to save billions of people… | 努力拯救几十亿人的生命 的确是崇高的事业追求 |
[29:19] | but it’s no less noble to save a hundred. | 但拯救几百条人命绝不亚于此 |
[29:22] | these guys,no matter how smart they are,they could use some help. | 这些人 无论他们有多聪明 他们都有需要帮忙的一天 |
[29:28] | one phone call could get that help here. | 而一通电话就能让他们得到帮助 |
[29:32] | now,please… | 现在 拜托了… |
[29:36] | please let me make that call. | 请让我打这通电话吧 |
[29:50] | oh,don’t tell me. | 哦 别告诉我 |
[29:56] | oh,god. | 哦 天啊 |
[30:00] | oh,i’m so sorry. | 真是对不起 |
[30:03] | can you fix it? | 你能修好它吗? |
[30:05] | no.we’re completely cut off. | 不 我们完全与外界隔绝了 |
[30:13] | well,that’s terrible news. | 这个消息真够糟的 |
[30:15] | it’s my fault.i should have– | 这是我的错 我本该… |
[30:15] | yeah,you should have. | 是啊 你本来就该 |
[30:16] | you need to see this. | 你得过来看看 |
[30:22] | oh,the cold temperaturesare affecting the containment field emitters. | 低温对隔离能量场发生器造成影响了 |
[30:25] | when they’re weak,they’re on the verge of failing. | 当它们减弱 它们就会失效 |
[30:27] | that’s great. | 好极了 |
[30:28] | we can get most of the peopleout of here,no? | 我们就能让大部分人 都离开这里了 不是吗? |
[30:30] | make a call to the military? | 还能给军队打电话 |
[30:32] | we’re surrounded by desert air. | 我们四周都是沙漠高温空气 |
[30:33] | the temperatures inside the containment fieldhas gotten very,very cold. | 封闭力场内的温度已经非常 非常低了 |
[30:36] | introducing a suddenand immediate blast of icy airwill create one hell of a vortex storm. | 突然间导入大量冰冷的空气 会产生巨大的涡流风暴 |
[30:40] | no way a cell transmission could make it through,let alone actually get people out of here safely. | 就连手机信号都无法传送 更别说送人出去了 |
[30:44] | we can ride out the storm. | 我们经受得起风暴 |
[30:45] | no,if we can’t shut down the device,the heat-sink’s going to keep feeding cold airinto that weather system. | 不 如果我们无法关闭整个装置 吸热器会继续对天气系统输出冷空气 |
[30:50] | it’ll never stop. | 它永远不会停止 |
[30:51] | that’s not good. | 那可不好 |
[30:52] | no,i’d rather that didn’t happen. | 不 我宁愿它没有发生 |
[30:55] | no,no,no,no.this might be a good thing. | 不 不 不 这可能是好事 |
[30:56] | what is it? | 什么事? |
[30:57] | well,the containment fieldis dying a slow but consistent death. | 所有封闭力场正缓慢地失效 |
[31:00] | it might be weak enoughto actually punch a cell phone signal through now. | 可能现在弱得能让手机信号传送出去 |
[31:04] | oh,you know,you might be right. | 哦 你也许说对了 |
[31:06] | okay,this is probably our best bet. | 好了 这或许是我们的最佳机会 |
[31:07] | these two emitters are the weakest. | 这两个发射器是最弱的 |
[31:09] | it’s a bit of a run from here,so i’d better get going right now. | 那里离这儿有点远 我得赶紧跑过去了 |
[31:11] | wait,wait,wait,wait,wait. | 等等 等等 |
[31:13] | give me your cell. | 把你的手机给我 |
[31:15] | we need you here to help dismantle the bridge. | 我们需要你帮忙拆除物质桥 |
[31:17] | i’ll make the call. | 我来打电话 |
[31:18] | i– | 我… |
[31:19] | -come on. -all right,all right. | – 快点吧 – 好吧 好吧 |
[31:21] | fine. | 好的 |
[31:22] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[31:25] | i’m going to radio once i get through. | 一旦打通了 我就用无线电通知你们 |
[31:28] | good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[31:29] | you too. | 也祝你好运 |
[31:35] | she seems like a very capable woman. | 她似乎是个很能干的女人 |
[31:37] | she sure is. | 她的确是 |
[31:38] | she’s your sister,right? | 她是你的妹妹吧? |
[31:39] | is she single? | 她单身吗? |
[31:41] | all right,where were we? | 好了 我们说到哪儿? |
[31:44] | your ideaof overwhelming the bridge to the point of collapse,it’s a good one. | 你主张让物质桥过载至崩溃点 这点子很好 |
[31:48] | it’s right on track. | 能行得通 |
[31:49] | but… | 但是… |
[31:50] | everybody here thinks it meanswe’ve got to dial up the heat-sink. | 大家都认为 这意味着要让 吸热器加快运转 |
[31:53] | it’s going to get even colder. | 这里会变得更冷 |
[31:54] | and that could resultin an unpredictable amount of freeze lightning… | 而那样会导致不知道多少冰冻闪电… |
[31:57] | which could kill us all. | 那会杀死我们所有人 |
[31:58] | right. | 正是 |
[31:59] | the facility’s furnace just went down. | 基地的锅炉刚刚停止运作了 |
[32:01] | well,how did that happen? | 怎么会这样? |
[32:02] | we’ve been running at 120% for the last hourto compensate for falling temperatures. | 过去一小时内 我们一直使它 120%地运行 以平衡急降的温度 |
[32:07] | we’re in the middle of the desert. | 我们在沙漠中央 |
[32:08] | the facility’s not meant to be heated like this. | 基地没有那么大的供暖能力 |
[32:10] | we’ll get below freezing pretty darn quick now. | 这里的温度很快就会降到零下了 |
[32:13] | all right,well,we can’t power it down’cause it generates its own power. | 好了 我们无法切断电源 因为它自足供电 |
[32:16] | and we can’t waitfor the containment field to collapsebecause the storm will probably kill us. | 我们也无法等着隔离能量场自行崩溃 因为风暴很可能要了我们的命 |
[32:20] | guys,we don’t have a choice,okay. | 各位 我们别无选择了 |
[32:22] | we’ve got to wait for the bridge to peak,dial up the heat-sink, | 我们必须等着物质桥达到峰值 然后加大吸热量 |
[32:24] | see if we can overwhelm it. | 看看能否逼它到崩溃点 |
[32:25] | i know it’s dangerous,but that’s all we’ve got. | 我知道这样很危险 但我们只有这个点子了 |
[32:31] | okay,look. | 好吧 听着 |
[32:32] | there’s too many people in here. | 这儿人太多了 |
[32:33] | i have important work to do. | 我有重要的工作要做 |
[32:35] | i do not need you in the way,so,everybody,out! | 我不想你们都碍着我 所以大家都出去! |
[32:47] | oh,come on. | 哦 拜托了 |
[32:56] | oh,thank god. | 哦 感谢上帝 |
[33:00] | general landry’s office. | Landry将军办公室 |
[33:02] | yes,this is dr.jennifer keller.i need to speak to the general immediately. | 你好 我是Jennifer Keller医生 我得马上跟将军通话 |
[33:05] | it’s an emergency. | 有紧急事故 |
[33:08] | hello? | 喂? |
[33:10] | hello? | 喂? |
[33:11] | hello?this is dr. | 喂? 我是… |
[33:19] | –hello? | 喂? |
[33:22] | son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的! |
[33:25] | should we warn everyone we’re about to do this? | 我们要不要警告大家 我们准备这么做了? |
[33:27] | no,no,that would just cause a panic. | 不 不 那只会引起恐慌 |
[33:29] | it’s probably better they don’t know. | 也许他们不知道会更好 |
[33:30] | we have no way of moving people to a safe area,plus we have no idea | 我们无法将大家带到安全的地方 而且我们也不知道 |
[33:33] | where the next freeze lightning strikecould hit. | 下次冰冻闪电什么时候来袭 |
[33:37] | “freeze lightning– “you know,that’s a bad name. | “冰冻闪电… ” 真是个很俗的名 |
[33:40] | don’t look at me.it’s his idea. | 别盯着我 这名是他起的 |
[33:42] | okay,here we go. | 好了 准备开始了 |
[33:52] | all right,shut it off. | 快关掉 |
[33:53] | i can’t.it hasn’t collapsed the bridge yet. | 不行 这还没弄垮时空桥呢 |
[33:56] | i had a signal before.come on! | 我之前有信号的! 快啊 |
[34:08] | it’s not working! | 我告诉你这招没用 |
[34:09] | we just need a little more time,a little more time. | 我们只需要多点时间 稍微多点 |
[34:13] | the lightning strikesare freezing off whole sections of the facility. | 冰冻闪电已经把基地的多个区域冻住了 |
[34:16] | everyone is getting isolated. | 所有人都被分离开了 |
[34:17] | it doesn’t matter.they’ll melt eventually if we can shut this thing down. | 没事的 只要这东西一停 所有的地方都会溶化了 |
[34:20] | you are going to kill us all! | 你会让我们都丧命的! |
[34:21] | look,i just need to keep doing– | 听着 我就需要一点 |
[34:28] | what did you do? | 你干了什么? |
[34:29] | i turned it down. | 我把功率降下来了 |
[34:30] | what?why? | 什么? 为什么? |
[34:32] | it was too dangerous. | 你的主意太危险了 |
[34:33] | but we were almost there.it was peaking out!it was going to work. | 我们几乎成功了 它已经开始超载了 再等一会 我们就成功了 |
[34:36] | yeah,and we’d all be dead. | 没错 我们也同时都没命了 |
[34:38] | we have to come up with something else. | 我们得另想办法 |
[34:39] | yeah,something fast! | 你最好尽快想出来! |
[34:40] | ’cause the containment field is about to fail. | 因为这力场很快就会垮了 |
[34:46] | great. | “好极了” |
[34:52] | oh,not good. | 这可坏事了 |
[34:57] | rodney,can you hear me? | Rodney 你听的见吗? |
[35:00] | please tell me you got through to the sgc? | 求你告诉我你跟SGC联络上了? |
[35:02] | no. | 没有 |
[35:04] | you’ve got to keep trying. | 你需要继续试呀 |
[35:05] | i’d love to,but my phone got a little soaked. | 我也想 但电话进了点水 |
[35:08] | it’s not even… | 它现在都… |
[35:09] | turning on. | 不开机了 |
[35:10] | what? | 什么? |
[35:11] | my hallway got hitby that freeze lightning thing. | 这个走廊也被冷闪电给击中了 |
[35:14] | are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[35:16] | i am now,but i won’t be for long. | 暂时没事 但很快就有麻烦了 |
[35:18] | what happened? | 到底怎么了? |
[35:20] | i’m frozen in. | 门被冻住了 |
[35:21] | and the pipes busted open. | 和水管也爆炸了 |
[35:24] | my body temperature is dropping really fast. | 我的体温下降得很快 |
[35:28] | okay,i’ll radio security. | 我这就通知保安 |
[35:30] | i’ll get someone out to her right away. | 让他们尽快把她救出来 |
[35:31] | look,security’s on the way. | 听着 保安正往你那里去呢 |
[35:33] | i need you just to sit tightand try to stay warm,okay? | 我需要尽可能在原地保暖 好不? |
[35:36] | okay. | 好的 |
[35:38] | sorry i didn’t get the call through. | 我很抱歉没把电话打出去 |
[35:40] | you did your best. | 你已经尽力了 |
[35:42] | did you shut down that thing down? | 你把那个桥弄塌了吗? |
[35:44] | not yet.we’re working on it. | 还没有 我们还在想办法 |
[35:47] | hurry. | 你尽快吧 |
[35:48] | McKay! mckay! | |
[35:49] | okay,look,i’ve got to go. | 我要回去研究了 |
[35:50] | someone’s on the way,all right. | 他们正往你那里去呢 |
[35:56] | what is it? | 发生什么了? |
[35:57] | containment field failurein 3… | 离力场崩溃还有3秒 |
[36:00] | 2…1… | 2秒…1秒… |
[36:13] | winds aloft. | 风速变高了 |
[36:14] | reaching dangerous levels. | 并接近很危险的地步了 |
[36:15] | if it continues like this,we’ll have a mess of tornadoes on our hands. | 如果这继续下去的话 这附近将形成多个巨型龙卷风 |
[36:18] | great.even less time before we die. | 太好了 离我们死期更近了 |
[36:32] | look,this device is capable of generating its own power,right? | 这东西能够自我提供能源 对不? |
[36:34] | yeah,a small percentage of the energy we’re transferringis siphoned off to power the device. | 对 它吸收的一小部分能量 用来给自己供电的 |
[36:38] | so once it’s running,it’s self-sustaining. | 一旦它运作起来 就可以自给能源了 |
[36:40] | which is why we can’t just pull the plug. | 就算我们断掉总电源 也没用 |
[36:42] | exactly. | 没错 |
[36:43] | but it’s only capable of powering itself to a certain extent? | 但它只能提供一部分的能量 对不? |
[36:45] | it has a finite amount of power generation capability? | 它只有产生有限的能量 对不? |
[36:47] | well,yes,of course. | 没错 |
[36:48] | maybe we’ve been approaching this the wrong way. | 也许我们想错了 |
[36:50] | we’ve been trying to force so much powerthrough the bridgethat it overloads it. | 我们一直试图试图超载时空桥 |
[36:53] | maybe we should starve it–suck so much power from its generatorthat it stalls it out. | 也许我们该欠载它 不断吸取能量直到它支持不住为止 |
[36:58] | technically,we could do that,but you’d have to draw an insane amount of power. | 理论上可行 但我们需要吸取的能量 简直就是一个天文数字 |
[37:01] | the heat-sink could never do it. | 远远超出吸热器的能力 |
[37:02] | no… | 不… |
[37:04] | but another space-time bridge could. | 但另外一时空桥可以 |
[37:06] | you want to open another space-time bridge? | 你想打开另外一座时空桥? |
[37:07] | the device was rigged to power a single bridge. | 这装置只能给一个桥供能 |
[37:09] | we open another one… | 如果我们再开一个 |
[37:11] | and it overwhelms the system and it fails. | 这应该彻底弄垮它 |
[37:14] | it’ll work. | 这不就解决问题了 |
[37:15] | y- yeah,but do you have any ideahow difficult it will beto configure the system | 嗯 但你知道让这程序同时打开… |
[37:19] | to open two concurrent space-time bridges? | 两个时间桥有多难吗? |
[37:21] | i never said it was going to be easy. | 我没说这事会简单 |
[37:23] | well,it’ll be impossible. | 这事比上天还难 |
[37:24] | hey,i’m dr.rodney mckay,all right? | 我是Rodney McKay 知道不? |
[37:25] | “difficult” takes a few seconds,”impossible,” a few minutes. | “很难”只用几秒解决 “不可能”最多几分钟解决罢了 |
[37:42] | rodney,can you hear me? | Rodney 你还在吗? |
[37:45] | have they got you out of there yet? | 他们把你就出来了吗? |
[37:47] | no. | 还没 |
[37:48] | tunney,what’s the deal?i thought you sent security. | Tunney 这是怎么回事? 你不是说你叫保安去救她了吗? |
[37:51] | they can’t get to her. | 他们无法接近她在的地方 |
[37:52] | what?why not? | 什么? 为啥? |
[37:53] | oh,that last round of freeze lightning,it sealed off a lot of the corridors. | 上一次的冷闪电封住了很多过道 |
[37:56] | see,they’re making their way to her,but it’ll take some time. | 他们还在往那赶 但可能需要点时间 |
[38:00] | it’s getting harder… | 我感觉越来… |
[38:01] | harder to stay awake.i’m going into…hypothermic shock. | 越难保持清醒了… 我很快就要低温休克 |
[38:04] | jennifer,just hang in there,all right? | Jennifer 你要坚持住 好不? |
[38:07] | all right,we’re here,right? | 好吧 我们在这 对不? |
[38:08] | so we can get to her.it’s a straight shot. | 我们这里可以轻易到她那 |
[38:10] | they should have come this way,through the lab. | 他们应该从我们这走 |
[38:11] | they’re cut off from us too. | 来实验室的过道也被封住了 |
[38:12] | i’ve got to go get her. | 我必须得去救她 |
[38:13] | no,wait.we’re a bit busy right now. | 等一下 我们也需要你呢 |
[38:14] | -she’ll die. -if the storm keeps up like this, | – 我不去 她会死的 – 如果这风暴继续下去 |
[38:16] | it’ll rip the building apart,we’ll all die! | 它把摧毁整个建筑 我们都会死 |
[38:18] | last i checked,you were claiming to be a genius. | 我要是没记错 你还自称是个天才 |
[38:20] | i already gave you the plan. | 我都把全套计划给你了 |
[38:21] | a plan full of holes. | 还有很多漏洞的计划 |
[38:22] | so fill them! | 那你就把它都补上 |
[38:23] | w- what if i run into a problem? | 如果 我碰到其它麻烦呢? |
[38:24] | work around it! | 你想办法解决 |
[38:28] | you’re smarter than me. | 但你的确比我聪明 |
[38:30] | i know. | 我知道 |
[38:34] | McKay! mckay! | |
[38:37] | oh,this is outrageous! | 这也太不像话了 |
[38:38] | when we need him the most,he puts it on me,and i’m supposed to be the one to– | 当我们最需要他的时候 他却跑了 这让我咋办呀? |
[38:42] | man up. | 有点男人的样 好不? |
[39:05] | Jennifer! jennifer! | |
[39:10] | okay,i think that’s it. | 我想应该没错了 |
[39:11] | before i run it,just check my math. | 在我启动之前 你还是先检查一下 |
[39:13] | i have been! | 我一直在检查 |
[39:13] | why do you think i’m standing here? | 你以为我在站着发傻呢? |
[39:24] | Jennifer! jennifer! | |
[39:27] | okay,come on,come on,come on. | 挺住呀 你千万要挺住呀 |
[39:29] | do it! | 你快启动呀! |
[39:37] | you’re not breathing.oh,my god,you’re not breathing. | 天哪 她没呼吸了 |
[39:41] | oh,please don’t be dead. | 求求你 千万别死呀 |
[39:43] | please don’t be dead. | 我求求你了 |
[39:47] | come back to me,please. | 赶快活过来 |
[39:51] | please come back to me. | 求求你 块活过来 |
[39:57] | it worked! | 这成功了 |
[39:58] | the second space-time bridge blew the power supply. | 第二个时空桥用尽了所有能量 |
[40:00] | both bridges collapsed. | 两个桥都垮了 |
[40:04] | i did it! | 我成功了 |
[40:15] | please… | 求求你 |
[40:21] | oh,thank god. | 感谢老天爷 |
[40:23] | you’re okay.you’re okay… | 你没事了 你没事了 |
[40:25] | i’m really cold. | 我好冷呀 |
[40:26] | me too… | 我也是 |
[40:30] | you saved me. | 你救了我的命 |
[40:32] | i guess that makes us even. | 至少我们扯平了 |
[40:35] | i used an ax. | 我用了个斧子把门砍开的 |
[40:36] | a big ax. | 一个特大的斧子 |
[40:37] | i really wish you were conscious,’cause i think it’s the coolest thing i’ve ever done-oh… | 我真希望你们看到 这我干的最爽… |
[40:46] | i don’t know what i would have doneif i lost you… | 我不知道失去你 我要怎样… |
[40:50] | i love you. | 我爱你 |
[40:54] | i have for some time now. | 我应经喜欢你很长时间了 |
[40:58] | i just wanted you to know. | 我只想让你知道 |
[41:02] | i– | 我… |
[41:18] | well,at least your friendsdon’t think you’re a washout anymore. | 至少你的朋友不会再看扁你了 |
[41:21] | stupid bill nyeis telling everyone who will listenthat tunney’s the guy who turned the device off. | 该死的Bill Nye四处说是Tunney 关掉那东西的 |
[41:25] | because he was the one that shut off the device. | 应为的确是他关掉的 |
[41:27] | with my coding.it was my idea. | 他利用我的程序 那是我的主意 |
[41:29] | rodney,does it really matter? | Rodney 你需要那么较真吗? |
[41:33] | yes. | 当然 |
[41:34] | yes,it does. | 当然需要较真 |
[41:36] | i’m sorry,i know i’m supposed to be humble,not supposed to care, | 对不起 我知道我该谦虚点 |
[41:39] | but i do,i really do. | 但那的确是我的主意 |
[41:40] | and that’s… | 并且那还是 |
[41:41] | that’s something you should know about me. | 你该知道我这样小心眼 |
[41:43] | well,quit,then. | 那你 为何不退出Atlantis |
[41:44] | join the private sector. | 并给私企干活 |
[41:45] | start doing work the whole world can see. | 让整个世界都知道你的大名 |
[41:48] | i’ve been thinking about it. | 其实 我的确考虑过 |
[41:49] | what?no,you haven’t. | 什么? 你开玩笑吧 |
[41:51] | my contract with sgc is up this year. | 我和SGC的合约一年就满了 |
[41:52] | maybe it’s time to move on,time to do other things. | 也许是时候 我该去做做别的了 |
[41:56] | please…i don’t know anyone who loves their jobmore than you. | 别闹了 你是我认识的人里面 最喜欢这份工作的 |
[42:01] | so you think the militaryis going to let them keep experimenting? | 你认为军方会让他们继续研究吗? |
[42:04] | i think it’s highly unlikely. | 我想可能性不大了 |
[42:06] | besides,geoengineering is a dumb pursuit anyway. | 再说了 地球工程学是条死路 |
[42:09] | no one person’s going to solve global warming. | 温室效应不是一个人能解决的 |
[42:11] | we all have to do our part. | 我们都得做出各自的贡献 |
[42:13] | like not take private jets. | 像不再搭乘私人飞机 |
[42:16] | well,they were going our way anyway. | 反正 这不是刚好顺道吗 |
[42:22] | you know,it’s kind of nice,just me and you back here. | 就我们一起 其实感觉很不错的 |
[42:27] | right. | 是呀 |
[42:31] | right! | 太对了! |
[42:35] | you were legally dead a few hours ago. | 几小时前 按道理你已经死了 |
[42:36] | you were practically frozen.you really want to… | 你基本上冻僵了你真想跟我 |
[42:38] | well,it’s either thator you keep telling mehow you,and only you,saved the day. | 你可以继续说下去 或者你可以 告诉我你任何一手拯救大家 |
[42:44] | nah… | 嗯 |
[42:47] | i’m trying out this whole “humble” thing out. | 我最近在装谦虚 |
[42:49] | seems to be quite a hit with the ladies… | 看来这招很受女性欢迎 |