时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | It was over a hundred degrees | 加州和墨西哥的边境上 |
[00:11] | on the border of California and Mexico. | 气温超过了一百度 |
[00:15] | But that was nothing compared to the temperature | 不过跟George Sr.的沙漠桑拿小屋比 |
[00:18] | inside George Sr.’s desert sweat lodge… | 那根本不算什么 |
[00:21] | So hot. | 太热了 |
[00:23] | …where he had gathered a group of CEOs… | 在那里 他召集了一群CEO |
[00:26] | So hot. | 太热了 |
[00:27] | …with the promise of spiritual enlightenment… | 承诺他们能得到精神上的启迪 |
[00:29] | Anybody hallucinating yet? | 有人起幻觉了吗 |
[00:32] | Did anybody else hear that iguana speak? | 你们听见鬣蜥说话了吗 |
[00:35] | …as a stepping stone to financial empowerment. | 作为达到经济目的的垫脚石 |
[00:38] | Let’s kill it. | 弄死那鬣蜥吧 |
[00:39] | Okay. They’re ready. | 好了 他们已经神志不清了 |
[00:41] | Of course, there were certain occupational hazards. | 当然 这样显然也是有职业风险的 |
[00:44] | All right, guys, easy. | 好的 伙计们 冷静点 |
[00:44] | – I’m not… – Kill the iguana. | – 我不是 – 弄死那鬣蜥 |
[00:46] | I’m not an iguana. | 我不是鬣蜥 |
[00:48] | It’s part of the process. | 这只是启迪的一个过程 |
[00:50] | They’re ready. They’re ready! | 他们神志不清了 神志不清了 |
[00:53] | Now the story | 故事是关于 |
[00:54] | of a family whose future was abruptly canceled | 一个突然失去未来的家庭 |
[00:58] | and the one father who had no choice | 家中的父亲别无选择 |
[01:00] | but to keep himself together. | 只能明哲保身 |
[01:05] | It’s George Sr.’s… | 欢迎收看George Sr.的 |
[01:06] | <发展受阻> | |
[01:12] | George Sr. was getting ready to motivate | George Sr.已经准备好要欺诈 |
[01:14] | his gathered CEOs after a narrow brush with death | 他召集的刚从菲多利公司执行董事手里 |
[01:19] | at the hands of a Frito-Lay executive. | 逃出生天的CEO们了 |
[01:21] | Woo, Yeah! | 呜 耶 |
[01:23] | Now, that was the most invigorating session yet. | 刚刚的那真是让人神清气爽 |
[01:27] | I feel good. | 我感觉棒极了 |
[01:28] | You feel good? | 你们呢 |
[01:30] | This is George Sr. | 这是George Sr. |
[01:33] | I got you. | 我明白了 |
[01:33] | You know, guys, even I, Father B., | 知道吗 同志们 即使是我 爸爸B |
[01:35] | when I first started these sweat lodges, | 当我第一次在那些桑拿小屋待过后 |
[01:37] | I would come out of there thinking, | 出来后我也会想 |
[01:38] | oh, God, I wish I had a… A lemonade. | 天哪 我真希望我有一杯 一杯柠檬水 |
[01:41] | Just like a child, you know. | 就跟孩子一样 |
[01:43] | Cold water, some lemons, a little sugar, you know. | 冷水 一些柠檬 一点点糖 |
[01:46] | That’s what I gave my power to! | 那就是给我力量的东西 |
[01:49] | Can we have the teaching pitcher please? | 用于教学的摊贩能过来吗 |
[01:51] | Heartfire. | 心灵之火 |
[01:52] | Hey, guys, this is Heartfire. | 嘿 同志们 这是心灵之火 |
[01:53] | She is silent, | 她没有言语 |
[01:54] | but in that silence, there is strength. | 不过在她的沉默中 有力量在里面 |
[01:58] | She needs no words to communicate to you. | 她不需要语言就能跟你沟通 |
[02:04] | Boundless power to you, too, Heartfire. | 也愿你获得无穷的力量 心灵之火 |
[02:07] | Hell, I was so weak, you guys, | 该死的 我当时太虚弱了 同志们 |
[02:08] | I was willing to spend $10, 000 just | 当时我愿意花一万美元 只为呷 |
[02:13] | a little…sip of this lemonade. | 一小口这柠檬水 |
[02:16] | Fifteen! | 我出一万五 |
[02:17] | But now I can spend two hours in brutal heat | 不过现在我可以在那残忍的温度下待两个小时 |
[02:21] | with a cup of this cold, refreshing lemonade | 拿着这杯凉的 提神的柠檬水 |
[02:23] | and just pour it in the dirt. | 然后把它倒在地上 |
[02:24] | Ah, come on, Daniels! | 啊 别这样 Daniels |
[02:26] | You ran Bear Stearns, for God’s sake! | 你管着贝尔斯登公司呢 看在上帝的份上 |
[02:28] | I was like this. | 我原来跟你一样 |
[02:29] | Just like this. | 就你这样 |
[02:31] | Then I went to the desert to seek answers, | 然后我去了沙漠寻找答案 |
[02:33] | and now I have them. | 现在我已经找到答案了 |
[02:35] | Actually, George Sr. Had come to the desert | 事实上 George Sr.来沙漠是 |
[02:38] | to escape questions. | 为了逃避质疑的 |
[02:41] | Years earlier, after duping his twin brother Oscar… | 几年前 在蒙骗了他的孪生弟弟Oscar之后 |
[02:43] | – You gave me up, George. – George? I’m not George. | – 你放弃我了 George – George 我不是George |
[02:45] | …into taking his place at a party | 在他的家庭在玛丽皇后号上 |
[02:47] | the family held on the Queen Mary, | 举办的派对上当他的替身 |
[02:49] | George Sr. stowed away with a son | George Sr.跟同样试图 |
[02:51] | who was also fleeing the family. | 逃离这个家庭的儿子一起偷渡了 |
[02:53] | How was the party? | 派对怎么样 |
[02:56] | Mom stole it. | 妈妈偷来的 |
[02:57] | – The whole boat? – She had. | – 整艘船 – 没错 |
[03:00] | – As she fled to sea… – Full steam, boys! | – 而她逃到海上的策略 – 全速前进 小伙子们 |
[03:02] | …A strategy their lawyer’s son came up with | 是他们的律师的儿子想出来的 |
[03:05] | on his first day back in the country after law school. | 在他从法律学校毕业以后回国的第一天 |
[03:08] | I’m wondering if we shouldn’t have a plan | 我在想是否我们应该有个 |
[03:09] | in regards to bookkeeping, | 保管账簿的计划 |
[03:11] | in case we accidentally make a mistake or get caught. | 以防我们意外出错或者被逮捕 |
[03:13] | What if we were to become a… an-an… an NLC? | 我们变成一个 一个NLC怎么样 |
[03:18] | – Ooh! – A “No Liability Corporation.” | – 哦 – 一个”没有责任的公司” |
[03:20] | We just have no liability, just nothing… | 我们就是没有任何责任 什么都没有 |
[03:22] | Well, first of all, I would avoid doing anything illegal. | 好吧 首先 我不会碰任何违法的事情 |
[03:25] | May I make a suggestion? | 我能提个建议吗 |
[03:27] | – Sure. – Take to the sea! | – 当然 – 弄到海上去 |
[03:29] | Three miles out, and it’s a free-for-all! | 离海岸三英里以外 一切都是自由的 |
[03:31] | No rules, pirate radio laws. | 没有法规 海盗电台说了算 |
[03:33] | Really! Is this true, Mr. Zuckerkorn? | 真的吗 是真的吗 Zuckerkorn先生 |
[03:37] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:38] | So we will stick together and have | 所以我们以后就待在一起 |
[03:40] | all of our meetings on boats. | 然后在船上开会 |
[03:42] | Well, uh, I don’t know if that’s necessary. | 好吧 我不知道是不是有那个必要 |
[03:43] | Yeah, because they don’t have to be together, because you can’t | 没错 因为他们不必在一起 因为你不能 |
[03:45] | try a husband and wife for the same crime, right? | 以同一罪名审判一对夫妇 对吗 |
[03:48] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:49] | We have the best attorneys. | 我们有最好的律师 |
[03:52] | You think we should go back? | 你觉得我们应该回去吗 |
[03:54] | Absolutely. She’s your mother. | 当然 她是你的母亲 |
[03:56] | Family has to stick together. | 一家人必须团结一心 |
[03:57] | You’re afraid she’ll turn on you. | 你担心她会揭发你 |
[03:59] | Won’t even leave the table during a dinner party. | 我甚至在晚宴派对上都不会离席 |
[04:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:03] | We’re going back, George Michael! | 我们要回去了 George Michael |
[04:04] | It turned out, Lucille had returned to shore, too. | 结果是 Lucille也回到了岸上 |
[04:07] | Why the alleged ship-jacker | 劫持船只的嫌疑人 |
[04:09] | changed direction is still unexplained. | 改变航向的原因依然不明 |
[04:11] | And soon the family met up | 然后很快一家人 |
[04:15] | – My wife, how is she? – …that would never come. | – 我的妻子 她怎么样了 – 那是不可能的 |
[04:17] | She’s fine. You’re lucky we didn’t have an autumn, | 她没事 你很幸运我们这没有秋天 |
[04:18] | otherwise she’d be colder. | 要不然她会冻得更厉害 |
[04:19] | Look what they’ve done, George! | 看看他们做了什么 George |
[04:21] | Look what the homosexuals have done to me. | 看看那些同性恋对我做了什么 |
[04:23] | A joyride. | 兜风 |
[04:24] | That’s what they decide to do with the freedom | 这就是他们决定用这个国家 |
[04:26] | this country has given them. | 给他们的自由所做的事 |
[04:28] | That’s the best alibi I’ve been able | 这是我能想出来的最好的辩词 |
[04:29] | to come up with, because our lawyer says he thinks | 因为我们的律师说他觉得 |
[04:32] | he can get rid of the SEC charges, | 他可以摆脱SEC的指控 |
[04:35] | but he’s worried about the pirating of the Queen Mary. | 不过他担心的是劫持玛丽皇后号的事情 |
[04:37] | Says they have a suit against us. | 据说他们要起诉我们 |
[04:39] | – Where is Barry? – He’s with the harbormaster. | – Barry在哪 – 他跟港务部长在一起 |
[04:42] | He’s trying to dazzle them with a suit of his own. | 他试图用一套他自己的制服迷惑他们 |
[04:44] | Well, he hated the suit. | 他讨厌这制服 |
[04:47] | Thought I was making fun. | 觉得我是在搞笑 |
[04:48] | But basically, this is a “Good news/bad news” Deal. | 不过大体上 这是个”好消息和坏消息”的买卖 |
[04:52] | First of all, won’t be cheap. | 首先 不会便宜 |
[04:54] | It’s gonna cost you a fortune in legal fees. | 诉讼费会花你一大笔钱 |
[04:56] | – What’s the good news? – Oh, yeah. | – 好消息是什么 – 对了 |
[04:58] | Well, from your perspective, I can see where you think | 好吧 站在你的角度 我能明白 |
[05:00] | it’s all bad news. | 这些都是坏消息 |
[05:01] | It’s all bad news. | 都是坏消息 |
[05:03] | Also, it turns out | 此外 结果是 |
[05:04] | that stealing the Queen Mary | 偷玛丽皇后号 |
[05:05] | comes under maritime law, | 触犯的是海商法 |
[05:07] | which, I just found out, is an actual thing. | 我刚发现 确实有这个法律 |
[05:09] | It’s a real thing. | 这是真的 |
[05:10] | Don’t you worry. | 别担心 |
[05:11] | We got three months | 我们还有三个月 |
[05:12] | to prepare for this hearing. | 准备听证会 |
[05:14] | And so, George Sr. went to his competitor, | 所以 George Sr.去找他的竞争对手 |
[05:16] | Stan Sitwell, with an offer, | Stan Sitwell 给他开了个价 |
[05:18] | so he could afford to cover Lucille’s high legal fees. | 以让他能负担Lucille昂贵的诉讼费 |
[05:21] | Buy the rest of your stock? You got to be kidding me. | 收购你剩余的股票 你肯定在跟我开玩笑 |
[05:24] | I already dumped the stock I owned to Lucille Austero. | 我早就把我拥有的股票抛给Lucille Austero了 |
[05:27] | Don’t forget, I was on that boat. | 别忘了 我当时也在船上 |
[05:28] | And believe me, I lost | 相信我 我亏了 |
[05:29] | more than just the 50 grand on that sale. | 超过五万美元在那笔交易上 |
[05:31] | I also lost a perfectly good pair of | 当我们落水后 我还失去了 |
[05:33] | human chest hair nipple tufts when we hit the water. | 我完美的胸毛和乳头毛 |
[05:36] | Stan Sitwell suffered from alopecia, | Stan Sitwell深受脱毛症之苦 |
[05:38] | a condition that rendered him hairless. | 致使他浑身都没有毛发 |
[05:40] | That’s kelp; why would I put it onto my chest | 那是海带 我怎么会把海带弄到我的胸上 |
[05:42] | or head or anywhere else? | 或者头上或者其他部位 |
[05:43] | I was gonna show those babies off | 我本来还打算在按摩浴后的派对上 |
[05:45] | – at the Jacuzzi after-party. – Come on, Stan. | – 炫耀我的体毛的 – 得了 Stan |
[05:47] | I’m offering you the chance to double | 我现在在提供给你 |
[05:49] | – the size of your business. – Way ahead of you. | – 双倍扩大你生意的机会 – 我早就有所行动了 |
[05:51] | I’ve got a big project coming up. | 我弄到一个很大的快上马的项目 |
[05:52] | And even you can’t compete for this one, | 而且甚至以你公司现在的规模 |
[05:54] | with your business in the shape that it’s in. | 你也不能参与这项目的竞争 |
[05:55] | This is a biggie. | 这是个很大的项目 |
[05:56] | I get this contract, | 我得到这合同 |
[05:57] | and it gets government approval, | 然后得到政府的批准 |
[05:59] | I’ll be bigger than Halliburton. | 我的公司规模就会比Halliburton更大了 |
[06:01] | Well, maybe not Halliburton, | 好吧 也许不比Halliburton大 |
[06:02] | but definitely Halliburton Teen. | 不过绝对比Halliburton Teen大 |
[06:04] | Halliburton Teen was a leading | Halliburton Teen是一个行业领先的 |
[06:06] | youth and lifestyle retailer, despite the fact | 年轻时尚商品零售商 尽管 |
[06:09] | that it was a rebranding of the tarnished Halliburton | 它是名声狼藉的”Halliturton忏悔和重生系统” |
[06:12] | Penitentiary and Rendition Systems. | 的重塑品牌 |
[06:14] | It’s also how their deep-water drilling enterprise | 他们公司旗下的深海钻井企业也是这样 |
[06:18] | spawned this company. | 获得重生的 |
[06:21] | Anyway, you’re too late. | 无论如何 你晚了一步 |
[06:23] | The contract is practically mine. | 那合同基本是我的了 |
[06:24] | Even you can’t underbid me. | 即使是你也不能报价低过我 |
[06:26] | Well, you may have a bigger business than me, | 好吧 你也许有比我更大的生意 |
[06:29] | but you will never have this. | 不过你永远不会有这个 |
[06:33] | And believe me, I’m gonna find out | 相信我 我会找出 |
[06:34] | that project you’re working on, even if I have to search | 你在搞的那个项目 即使我必须得自己 |
[06:37] | the public records for the blueprints myself. | 查找公共的蓝图记录 |
[06:40] | Unless you search in this office, | 除非你在这个办公室里找 |
[06:41] | you will never find them. | 不然你永远都找不到 |
[06:51] | Oh… aah…! | 哦 啊 |
[06:52] | Ow, my hair! My beautiful hair! | 哦 我的头发 我漂亮的头发 |
[06:57] | My hair! My beautiful hair! | 我的头发 我漂亮的头发 |
[07:02] | This isn’t what it looks like! | 这不是它看起来那样的 |
[07:03] | Oh, really? | 哦 真的吗 |
[07:05] | Because it looks like a monument to George W. Bush. | 因为这看起来像是小布什的墓碑 |
[07:11] | Well, you got me. | 好吧 被你猜到了 |
[07:12] | You’re in for a rude awakening, Sitwell. | 你还没如梦初醒 Sitwell |
[07:14] | It’ll never stand. | 这个立不起来 |
[07:16] | It’s too thin. | 它太细了 |
[07:18] | It’ll never stand. | 立不起来 |
[07:20] | You see, the W’s and the word “Bush.” | 你看 这些W和这词”灌木丛” |
[07:23] | I mean, what else could it be? | 我是说 这还能是什么 |
[07:25] | You mean other than a 20-foot-wide monument | 你是说除了20尺宽8000米高 |
[07:27] | that goes five miles into the sky? | 直插云霄的墓碑 |
[07:30] | I know, I know. And I told him it wouldn’t stand, | 我知道 我知道 我告诉过他那东西立不起来的 |
[07:32] | which I probably shouldn’t have. | 而我也不会想要的 |
[07:35] | It’s a wall, George; you’re looking at it sideways. | 这是堵墙 George 你侧着看了 |
[07:38] | The W stands for “Wall.” | W代表的是”墙” |
[07:41] | The bushes… | 灌木丛 |
[07:42] | Stand for the bushes. | 代表的是灌木丛 |
[07:44] | Ah–this explains the immigration booth | 啊 这解释了移民室 |
[07:46] | 10, 000 feet in the air. | 为什么在10000英尺的高空 |
[07:48] | It’s to separate the U.S. And Mexico, | 这是用来分隔美国和墨西哥 |
[07:50] | to keep out the immigrants, which was my idea! | 以防有人非法入境的 这是我的主意 |
[07:53] | Was your idea. I remember. | 是你的主意 我记得 |
[07:54] | You said that right after Lupe got the bleach stain | 你是在Lupe用漂白剂除去 |
[07:57] | on your teal blazer. | 你鸭绿色的上衣后说的 |
[07:58] | How did you miss this, George? | 你怎么能错过这个 George |
[08:00] | This is business we should have. | 这是我们应该做的生意 |
[08:02] | Is this how you’re going to let it all end, as a failure? | 这就是你想要的结局 以失败结尾 |
[08:05] | – Is that your plan? – No. | – 这就是你的计划 – 不 |
[08:08] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[08:09] | It was his plan. | 这就是他的计划 |
[08:14] | George Sr. felt discouraged and alone… | 老George感到沮丧和孤单 |
[08:17] | Bluth for two–I mean, one. | Bluth 两位 额 一位 |
[08:20] | I thought I already seated you. | 我想我已经给您安排过座了 |
[08:22] | …when he saw a familiar face: his own… | 此时他看见了一张熟悉的面孔 他自己的 |
[08:26] | …on his twin brother Oscar. | 在他的孪生兄弟Oscar上的脸 |
[08:28] | George! Actually, we came in | George 事实上 我们只是进来 |
[08:30] | to use the bathroom, but they sat me. | 找个厕所 不过他们却给我安排了座 |
[08:33] | And they have mahimahi today. | 而且他们今天还有马希鱼 |
[08:35] | Will you join us? Will you have a mahimahi on me? | 你要跟我们一起吃吗 你想我请客吃一条马希鱼吗 |
[08:38] | – On you. – Fine, but I’m gonna | – 你请客 – 好 不过我要 |
[08:40] | sit opposite you, so it won’t look bad. | 坐你对面 这样看起来不会太别扭 |
[08:42] | These are my friends; we all live in the desert together. | 这些是我的朋友 我们都一起住在沙漠里 |
[08:45] | This is Heartfire; she’s an aura specialist. | 这是心火 她是个占卜家 |
[08:47] | She did Matthew Modine. | 她上过Matthew Modine |
[08:51] | I will. | 我会的 |
[08:53] | Heartfire would like some more crackers. | 心火想要更多的饼干 |
[08:56] | Oscar, you don’t believe that nonsense, do you? | Oscar 你不会相信那些瞎扯的东西 对吗 |
[08:57] | No, no, no. You’re a skeptic. | 不 不 不 你是个怀疑论者 |
[08:59] | But I’ll tell you something, the desert changes you. | 不过我告诉你 沙漠会改变你的 |
[09:01] | Dr. Norman is a disgraced anesthesiologist. | Norman医生是个蒙羞的麻醉医师 |
[09:04] | Oh. | 哦 |
[09:06] | The bigger crime would’ve been | 最大的罪过莫过于 |
[09:06] | the patient didn’t wake up and testify against me. | 病人没有在手术中醒来对着我咒骂 |
[09:09] | But nobody cares about the part of the oath he kept. | 不过没有人在乎他骂的是什么 |
[09:11] | I’ll tell you this. | 我可以肯定的告诉你 |
[09:12] | If that nastiness had never happened, | 如果没有那些对我的污蔑的话 |
[09:14] | I never would’ve gotten those prison pen pal letters | 我永远不会收到这世界上最美丽的女人 |
[09:16] | from the most beautiful woman in the world. | 写给我的监狱笔友信 |
[09:19] | If he as bad as the state of California say he is, | 如果他跟加州说的那样坏 |
[09:22] | then why did I fall in love with him, huh? | 那我为什么会爱上他 哈 |
[09:25] | Yo, [Bi] the state of California! | 呦 [哔]加利福尼亚 |
[09:27] | [Bi]’em! | [哔]他们 |
[09:28] | Bunch of California , [Bi] yeah. | 去他妈的加利福尼亚 [哔] 耶 |
[09:32] | As you can imagine, her letters really stood out. | 你能想像得到 她的信真的很显眼 |
[09:34] | Do you know China Garden? | 你知道中国园吗 |
[09:36] | I know the downtown one. | 我知道市中心的那个 |
[09:38] | You know, I shouldn’t judge. | 你知道 我不应该妄加评论 |
[09:39] | ‘Cause you have friends, and I… | 因为你有朋友 而我 |
[09:42] | I envy that. | 我很妒忌这点 |
[09:44] | You’re welcome to my friends, brother. | 很欢迎你变成我们的朋友 兄弟 |
[09:51] | I don’t want these. | 我没什么兴趣 |
[09:52] | But perhaps due to the absence of Lucille, | 不过或许是因为没有了Lucille的在场 |
[09:55] | the two brothers connected as they hadn’t in years. | 两兄弟多年后又消除了彼此的隔阂 |
[09:58] | I’m not the big man I thought I was. | 我不是我想象中的那种大人物 |
[10:00] | Forget the past, George. | 过去的就过去吧 George |
[10:02] | I don’t know; maybe it’s because I live on the border | 我不知道 也许是因为我生活在 |
[10:05] | between the United States and Mexico and… | 美国和墨西哥的边境 所以 |
[10:07] | Hold on. Border? | 等等 边境 |
[10:09] | You don’t think I live like this all the time, do you? | 你不觉得我的生活一直都是那样的 是吗 |
[10:11] | That’s why I had so much fun at that party on the Queen Mary. | 那就是为什么我在玛丽皇后号的派对上玩得那么开心 |
[10:14] | And you paid for my haircut. | 你还出钱帮我理了发 |
[10:15] | 我被芥末 呛到了 | |
[10:16] | And you made me… dress like you. | 你还让我 穿得跟你一样 |
[10:19] | Forget the past. | 过去的就过去吧 |
[10:21] | What were you saying about that property on the border? | 你当时说的边境上的财产是什么 |
[10:24] | And that’s when George Sr. First saw the desert property. | 而这就是老George第一次看到沙漠财产 |
[10:27] | And the much smaller sweat lodge that was on the land. | 和地面上小的离谱的桑拿小屋的时候 |
[10:30] | You live here? | 你们住在这里 |
[10:32] | Ask him! | 问他 |
[10:34] | Would you like to watch us make love? | 你想看我们俩做爱吗 |
[10:35] | No. You live here? | 不 你们住在这里 |
[10:37] | We have been. | 我们一直都住这里 |
[10:38] | You see, Mexico starts right at the end of that gully, | 你看 从那个溪谷的尽头过去就是墨西哥了 |
[10:41] | and we have to get in and out of there | 所以我们得到溪谷下面去 |
[10:43] | so we can get at the maca root. | 才能弄到马卡根 |
[10:44] | What the hell is maca root? | 马卡根究竟是什么 |
[10:46] | It’s an ancient Aztec power herb. | 是一种古老的阿兹台克药草 |
[10:48] | It’s an endocrine adaptogen. | 是一种内分泌激素的适应原 |
[10:50] | It’s legal to grow in Mexico, | 在墨西哥种这个是合法的 |
[10:52] | but it’s against the law to consume it there. | 不过吃这个是违法的 |
[10:54] | Of course, you can ingest it here, but you can’t grow it. | 当然 你可以在这边吃 不过你不能在这边种 |
[10:57] | And… you can bring it into Mexico, | 而且 你可以把它带进墨西哥 |
[10:59] | but you can’t bring it out. | 不过你不能带出来 |
[11:02] | So it’s, uh, hard. | 所以这 很头疼 |
[11:03] | So you guys are knowingly breaking the law? | 所以你们是知法犯法 |
[11:06] | But it’s worth it, because maca has powerful properties, | 不过这都是值得的 因为马卡有着神奇的力量 |
[11:09] | especially when combined with an hour in the sweat lodge. | 特别是在桑拿小屋里待一个小时吃着马卡根 |
[11:12] | It gets up to 110 degrees in there. | 小屋里有110度的高温 |
[11:15] | Sounds fun. | 听起来很有趣 |
[11:16] | Oh, but you have to do it with us. | 哦 不过你必须要跟我们一起 |
[11:18] | You’ll find a power you didn’t know you had. | 你会发现你从来不知道你拥有的一种力量 |
[11:21] | But, um, you want to do it soon, | 不过 你得抓紧时间了 |
[11:24] | because they’re kicking us off of the land. | 因为他们要把我们从这里赶出去 |
[11:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:29] | Oh, great. Now you’re gonna make me cry. | 哦 好极了 你弄得我也想哭了 |
[11:31] | Oh, lizard! Look! Look, a lizard! | 哦 蜥蜴 看 看 一只蜥蜴 |
[11:33] | Cute! | 太可爱了 |
[11:34] | What if I were to buy this land? | 如果我要买下这块地呢 |
[11:35] | I don’t understand; why would you want to do that? | 我不明白 为什么你要这么做 |
[11:38] | Well, I always talk about being a great man. | 我总是说要成为一个伟人 |
[11:41] | Maybe a way to do that is not by being | 也许要成为一个伟人的方式 |
[11:44] | the biggest businessman in Southern California, it’s… | 不是成为南加州最大的商人 而是 |
[11:46] | It’s by being the best brother in Southern California. | 而是成为南加州最好的哥哥 |
[11:50] | George Sr. was going to say, | 老George其实是想说 |
[11:52] | “By gouging the government when they needed the land…” | “而是当政府需要这片地的时候狠狠地敲诈他们” |
[11:54] | You bet. | 那还用说 |
[11:56] | Hey, guys, we’re staying. | 嘿 伙计们 我们能留下来了 |
[11:58] | Oh, thank you, brother. | 哦 谢谢你 哥哥 |
[11:59] | …but he’d save that for Lucille. | 不过他应该留着对Lucille说 |
[12:01] | – Thank you, maca. – Thank you, maca! | – 谢谢 马卡 – 谢谢 马卡 |
[12:03] | And I can get this land for a song. | 我可以以很低的价钱弄到这块地 |
[12:05] | George was proud of his plan. | George对自己的计划很自豪 |
[12:07] | Are you listening to me? | 你在听我说话吗 |
[12:08] | So are those cameras, George. | 这些摄像头也听着呢 George |
[12:10] | We can’t use the same cameras | 我们不能用他软禁的时候 |
[12:11] | from when he was under house arrest? | 用的摄像头吗 |
[12:13] | These are from the maritime penal system. | 这些是海管局监控系统的 |
[12:16] | They make us use the waterproof ones. | 他们要求我们使用防水的摄像头 |
[12:18] | – In here. – Okay. | – 进去说 – 好的 |
[12:19] | We’re gonna sell that land | 我们把那块地 |
[12:20] | to the government for Sitwell’s wall, | 卖给Sitwell承包的那个政府围墙项目 |
[12:22] | and I’m gonna take the cash. | 然后我会拿走那笔钱 |
[12:23] | I am gonna mount a case that shows that my wife | 我要向别人证明我的老婆 |
[12:26] | is not the power-hungry monster | 不是SEC想证明的那样 |
[12:29] | the SEC wants to make her out to be. | 是个渴望权力的野兽 |
[12:31] | You’re such a puny thinker. | 你真是个肤浅的思想家 |
[12:33] | Am I puny-thinking again? | 我的想法又肤浅了 |
[12:34] | Sitwell’s wall? | Sitwell的墙 |
[12:36] | How about our wall? We build the wall. | 我们的墙怎么样 我们来造那墙 |
[12:39] | We do have the plan. | 我们确实有个计划 |
[12:40] | He says he can build it for $200 million, | 他说他可以2亿美元造好那墙 |
[12:42] | we offer to build it for $150 million, | 我们就报价1亿五千万 |
[12:45] | and we make up the difference when we sell the land. | 然后在我们卖的那块地上做手脚 |
[12:47] | And I use that cash as a little stimulus for us. | 然后我用赚到的现金小小的刺激下我们的生活 |
[12:51] | Maybe a little something for the family. | 也许留一点点给我们的家庭 |
[12:53] | And we build that sucker… | 然后我们才造那长条的 |
[12:55] | That’s my Georgie! | 这才是我的Georgie |
[12:56] | …five miles high. | 8000米高的 |
[12:58] | Long. Five miles long. | 长 8000米长的 |
[13:00] | I got nothing in my system but a maca root cookie. | 我肚子里只有一块马卡根饼 |
[13:04] | So, that one’s all set. | 那个摄像头都装好了 |
[13:05] | Uh… can I put one up there? | 我能在这上面装一个吗 |
[13:07] | Only if you want to see the sexiest video you’ve ever seen. | 除非你想看你从没看过的最色情的录像 |
[13:13] | Sorry I gave you the old noodle stab in there. | 抱歉我的家伙刚才又老又软 |
[13:17] | I needed something in my system. | 我得吃点东西 |
[13:18] | You know, we can’t look like we’re in cahoots on this. | 你知道的 在这节骨眼上我们不能看起来像是同伙 |
[13:21] | Especially with my trial coming up. | 特别是我的案子就要审理了 |
[13:23] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[13:25] | We have to separate our assets. | 我们必须要分下财产 |
[13:27] | To protect this. | 为了保护这个 |
[13:29] | To protect our love. | 保护我们的爱情 |
[13:31] | And that’s when they got the idea | 正是这时他们想到一个 |
[13:33] | to pretend they were getting a divorce. | 假装要离婚的主意 |
[13:38] | I want to know about the stimulus package. | 我想了解那个刺激经济方案 |
[13:40] | We haven’t had sex since Christmas, Michael! | 从圣诞节后我们就没有做过爱了 Michael |
[13:42] | Uh… I’m… I’m sorry. | 抱 抱歉 |
[13:45] | You had sex seven weeks ago? | 你们七个星期前做过 |
[13:48] | They were remodeling my room, and I pulled my cot in there, | 我的房间那时候在装修 然后我把我的床搬到这里 |
[13:50] | – just like camp. – We yelled at you to leave. | – 就跟露营一样 – 我们喊过要你离开 |
[13:53] | Yeah, but then you whispered, “Don’t pull out!” | 没错 不过然后你又低声地说”别出来” |
[13:58] | You didn’t want to use any of that money for… | 你们不想把钱用到 |
[14:01] | You couldn’t use any of that money to finish Sudden Valley. | 你就不能用点钱来完成急急山谷吗 |
[14:04] | And although their plan was dealt a minor setback | 尽管他们的计划遇到了一点小小的挫折 |
[14:07] | when Michael sold the controlling shares | Michael把他持有的股份都卖给了 |
[14:09] | to Lucille 2… | Lucille二号 |
[14:11] | You know what? I am done with this family. | 你们知道吗 我已经受够了这个家了 |
[14:13] | I hope you’ve saved some money, | 我希望你们能存点钱 |
[14:14] | ’cause you’re gonna need every dime now. | 因为你们现在得勒紧裤腰带过日子了 |
[14:16] | …all they had to do | 他们所要做的就是 |
[14:17] | was keep their plan a secret from her | 不要让Lucille二号知道他们的计划 |
[14:19] | and cash in quickly. | 然后迅速地变现 |
[14:20] | 4:28 in the morning here in the O.C. | 现在的奥兰治县是早上4点28分 |
[14:23] | I’m John Beard. | 我是John Beard |
[14:24] | Well, there was some more grim economic news today. | 好的 今天有一些严峻的经济新闻 |
[14:26] | The housing prices continue to plummet, | 房价持续着下跌 |
[14:28] | and the economists say it may take quite some– | 而经济学家说这得花点 |
[14:30] | What are you… what are you doing? | 你在 你在干什么 |
[14:32] | I’m John Beard, and I’m a Gloomy Gus. | 我是John Beard 我是个悲观的男人 |
[14:35] | I don’t have a mustache. | 我没有胡子 |
[14:36] | And the government put the wall project on hold. | 而政府把围墙的计划推迟了 |
[14:39] | Can’t be on hold. | 不可能推迟了 |
[14:40] | They already gave me the money to start the building. | 他们已经给我们钱让我开始造了 |
[14:43] | No! I cannot live off of that! | 不 我不可能蒙在鼓里 |
[14:46] | No, I already used that money as the down payment | 不 我已经用那钱付了 |
[14:48] | of six square miles of desert | 六平方公里的沙漠地的定金了 |
[14:51] | I cannot afford to make payments on! | 我付不起后面的款项了 |
[14:54] | Oh, God… sorry, Norman. | 哦 老天 抱歉 Norman |
[14:58] | Huh? | 哈 |
[14:59] | Uh, nothing. | 啊 没事 |
[15:01] | Hey, brother, you seem tense. | 嘿 哥哥 你看起来很紧张 |
[15:02] | Come with me to the sweat lodge. | 跟我去桑拿小屋吧 |
[15:04] | Sweat out this frustration; you can learn on this. | 把挫败的汗都流出去 你会在这事上领悟的 |
[15:06] | And perhaps it was a sense of futility | 或许是因为一种无所事事的感觉 |
[15:09] | or the fact he hadn’t brought a book to the desert, | 或者是他没有带书来沙漠的事实 |
[15:11] | but George Sr. chose to enter the small, smoke-filled room, | 老George进入这个狭小 烟雾弥漫的小屋 |
[15:16] | while his wife was also confined | 此时他的妻子也被封闭在 |
[15:18] | to a smoke-filled room, | 一个烟雾弥漫的房间里 |
[15:20] | having found a way around both the building’s strict | 找到了一个办法解决这房屋严厉的 |
[15:23] | no-smoking policy… | 禁烟规定 |
[15:27] | …and the fact that her ankle monitor prevented her | 和她戴着电子脚铐不能去 |
[15:30] | from approaching the balcony. | 阳台抽烟的问题 |
[15:33] | So, anyways, I went down to the club and I… I can’t… | 所以 不管怎样 我去了俱乐部然后我 我不能 |
[15:46] | My food was gone, I could… | 我的食物不见了 我 |
[15:48] | That restaurant, typically, has a really nice maitre d’… | 那个餐馆 通常 有个很好的服务员 |
[16:02] | Can’t really remember the host’s name, | 我真的记不起那个老板的名字了 |
[16:04] | but he was… he was kind of in his 60s… | 不过他 他差不多60岁的样子 |
[16:18] | I have to stop. | 我不行了 |
[16:20] | I have to stop. So… | 我不行了 所以 |
[16:25] | But, finally, I just ordered… | 不过 最后 我就点了 |
[16:27] | pastrami shortcake, like I said, but I didn’t order… | 牛肩肉松饼 就像我说的 不过我没有 |
[16:30] | I didn’t order sprinkles this– Oh, Mother, please. | 我没有让他们在上面撒巧克力 哦 妈妈 别这样 |
[16:33] | Please. | 别这样 |
[16:33] | Meanwhile, in George Sr.’s sweat lodge, | 同时 在老George的桑拿小屋里 |
[16:36] | a solution to his problems was emerging, as well… | 他的问题的解决办法也在慢慢显现 |
[16:39] | Kind of hot, huh? | 有点热 哈 |
[16:43] | I’d give $10, 000 for a glass of lemonade right now. | 现在我愿意给10000美元买一杯柠檬水 |
[16:46] | …in the form of a vision. | 在一种幻觉下 |
[16:50] | Sweat… and squeeze. | 流汗 挤汗 |
[16:57] | It was to be a “Sweat and squeeze.” | 其实应该是一种”敲诈勒索” |
[16:59] | Dr. Norman? | Norman医生 |
[17:00] | Dr. Norman, we have a hot mess. | Norman医生 有人中暑了 |
[17:04] | George Sr. Had been passed out | 老George产生幻觉后 |
[17:06] | for two days after having a vision… | 晕倒了两天 |
[17:09] | which is why this seat was empty at his wife’s trial. | 这就是为什么他缺席了他妻子的审判会 |
[17:13] | But soon, he was hard at work… | 不过很快 他就忙起了工作 |
[17:15] | Okay, look up large mud huts. | 好吧 找下大点的泥土小屋 |
[17:18] | – …making his vision a reality. – Can fit 20. | – 使他的幻觉变成现实 – 能容下20个人的 |
[17:19] | Do a something search. Um, used is fine. | 花点精力找找 呣 用过的也可以 |
[17:22] | No, no, I got it. | 不 不 我知道了 |
[17:24] | Sweat caves. | 能让人流汗的洞穴 |
[17:25] | See what you get. | 看看你找到了什么 |
[17:27] | You got ’em? | 你找到了 |
[17:29] | All right, well, then, ship it! | 好的 很好 那 就让他们运过来吧 |
[17:30] | A sweat lodge, where he could be | 一间桑拿的小屋 在那他可以 |
[17:32] | a preacher of profit to other type-A executives like himself. | 当跟他一样的A级执行董事的说教者 |
[17:37] | All right, this whole area here, | 好的 这里的整个区域 |
[17:38] | this is going to be visitor yurts. | 这就放参观者用的圆顶帐篷 |
[17:40] | Oh, and we’re gonna need industrial-size juicers! | 哦 我们还需要工业级的榨汁机 |
[17:44] | He went to work on constructing a seminar, | 他接着去构思了他的讲解会 |
[17:48] | much of which he borrowed from his brief stint | 其中很大部分都是从他在监狱里 |
[17:51] | as a Jewish-y guru while in prison. | 作为犹太人宗教领袖时节食而借鉴来的 |
[17:52] | 前一百位打进电话的 可以免费获得 犹太人的便帽 这是个限时优惠 | |
[17:53] | Now’s your chance to own the entire George Bluth “Caged Wisdom” Library | 现在请抓紧机会购入George Bluth的整套”笼中智慧” |
[17:55] | Will you read that back to me, please? | 你能把那个读给我听吗 谢谢 |
[17:56] | 现在去把支票开出来 然后我们就会有 | |
[17:56] | This time, however, he needed to be actually ordained | 这次 然而 他确实需要被任命为 |
[17:59] | as a religious preacher to avoid tax implications. | 一个传教士来避免税务纠纷 |
[18:02] | Lemonade! | 柠檬水 |
[18:03] | But fortunately, there was a phoenix for him, too. | 不过 幸运的是 现在他确实有个东山再起的机会 |
[18:05] | Almost there. Question three. | 马上就成了 问题三 |
[18:07] | But business really took off when | 不过他的生意真的已经腾飞了 |
[18:09] | an article about George Sr.’s operation appeared | 当一篇关于老George的工作的报道 |
[18:12] | in an exclusively first-class in-flight magazine. | 在一份极受欢迎的航空杂志上报道后 |
[18:15] | And soon the retreat was up and running, and George Sr. | 静修营很快就营业了起来 老George |
[18:19] | was determined to create the illusion | 决定了在营地里创造一种 |
[18:21] | of a first-class experience. | 一等体验的假象 |
[18:22] | And did you want the partial bush or broken gate view? | 你想看见残缺的灌木丛还是破门的影像 |
[18:25] | The seminar was reasonably priced at $1, 000. | 讲解会很合理的只受1000美元 |
[18:29] | The sweat and squeeze was simple. | 流汗和挤汗很简单 |
[18:31] | First, George Sr. sweated out his acolytes’ defenses… | 首先 老George让他的学徒流汗到消除防备 |
[18:35] | Ah, come on, Daniels! | 啊 别这样 Daniels |
[18:36] | You ran Bear Stearns, for God’s sake! | 你管着贝尔斯登公司 看在上帝的份上 |
[18:39] | I was like this. | 我原来也像这样 |
[18:40] | Then I went to the desert to seek answers, | 接着我去了沙漠寻找答案 |
[18:43] | and now I have them. | 而现在我找到了 |
[18:45] | …and then it was time for the squeeze. | 然后到挤汗的时候了 |
[18:47] | And for another 15 grand, you can have them, too. | 再加15000美元 给你全套的服务 |
[18:51] | I’ll teach you how to get yachts, | 我会教你怎么弄到游艇 |
[18:52] | I’ll teach you how to get penthouses, | 我会教你怎么弄到顶层公寓 |
[18:55] | and how to get something for yourself | 还有如何从别人手里 |
[18:57] | by taking it from someone who thinks it’s his. | 弄到别人认为属于自己的东西 |
[19:02] | Does it come with lemonade? | 配套送柠檬水吗 |
[19:04] | It comes with all the lemonade you can drink. | 你想喝多少就送多少 |
[19:06] | “Squeeze” Had two meanings. | “挤汗”当然还有敲诈的意思 |
[19:07] | Who’s in? | 谁想要 |
[19:09] | Sign ’em up. Sign ’em up. | 给他们都记上 都记上 |
[19:11] | Come on, get your wallets out, let’s go, guys. | 来吧 把钱包拿出来 走吧 伙计们 |
[19:13] | And George Sr. had even found a great way | 而老George找到了一个绝佳的方法 |
[19:16] | – to handle the heat. – Hey. | – 搞定酷热的问题 – 嘿 |
[19:18] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:19] | He had his twin brother endure it. | 他让他的孪生兄弟代替他 |
[19:21] | Did you bring me some lemonade? | 你给我带柠檬水了吗 |
[19:23] | No, sir. It is crazy out there. | 没有 外面太疯狂了 |
[19:26] | For the first time we are out. | 我们第一次售空了 |
[19:29] | Look what I brought you, Mr. Oscar– | 看看我给你带了什么 Oscar先生 |
[19:31] | 50 bucks–your half. | 50美元 你应得的一半 |
[19:33] | Oh, you know, I feel bad taking this. | 哦 你这样我很过意不去 |
[19:37] | All I did was sit and sweat. | 我只是坐在那流流汗 |
[19:39] | Which is why it seemed | 这似乎就是为什么 |
[19:40] | that Father B. was so resilient | 爸爸B在忍受桑拿小屋的折磨后 |
[19:43] | to the depleting effects of the sweat lodge. | 还能显得如此有活力 |
[19:48] | Whoo! Yeah! | 呜 耶 |
[19:50] | Now, that was the most invigorating session yet. | 刚刚的那真是让人神清气爽 |
[19:55] | Hey, buddy, come on, it’s happening, you know. | 嘿 伙计 振作点 世界因我们在改变 |
[20:00] | We’re helping people. | 我们在普渡众生 |
[20:02] | If I could give you just one note, little energy. | 如果我能给你一点点力量就好了 |
[20:05] | As the retreat grew, | 随着静修人数的增长 |
[20:07] | George Sr. was finding himself emboldened with power, | 老George发现他自己越来越有力量了 |
[20:11] | while Oscar was bushed. | 而Oscar却精疲力尽了 |
[20:13] | Hey, Oscar, that scared me. | 嘿 Oscar 你那样吓到我了 |
[20:16] | Come on, man, get back in there. | 来吧 兄弟 回去了 |
[20:17] | I was starting to sweat. | 要到我蒸桑拿的环节了 |
[20:18] | I’m just trying to get my strength up. | 我只是试图恢复点力量 |
[20:21] | Maca usually gets me there. | 马卡总是能给我力量 |
[20:22] | Hey, chew some maca with me. | 嘿 和我一起嚼点马卡 |
[20:24] | I can’t, okay, I got to go up to see Lucille tomorrow. | 我不能 好吗 我明天还要起来去见Lucille |
[20:27] | George Sr. had been meeting | 老George在他们 |
[20:28] | with Lucille on a weekly basis at her new home | 假装离婚的意图下 |
[20:32] | under the pretense of working on their divorce. | 每周都去Lucille的新家跟她见面 |
[20:34] | You look nice. | 你看起来真漂亮 |
[20:35] | Oh, stop trying to butter me up. | 哦 别再恭维我了 |
[20:36] | Let’s just get this divorce agreed to | 你就同意离婚吧 |
[20:38] | so you can get out of here. | 然后你好离开这里 |
[20:41] | Oh, God. | 哦 老天 |
[20:42] | It’s almost like adultery this way. | 这搞的就跟通奸一样 |
[20:44] | Good, I like that. | 很好 我喜欢那样 |
[20:45] | – “My wife doesn’t understand me.” – My angel. | – “我的妻子不理解我” – 我的天使 |
[20:50] | “I haven’t had an orgasm outside of my bathtub in 30 years.” | “我三十年都没在浴缸外有过性高潮了” |
[20:54] | How’s that? | 什么 |
[20:56] | Although, at times, I do wish it were darker. | 尽管 有时候 我会希望房间里暗一些 |
[20:58] | It’s too bad you don’t have time to try this. | 你没时间试试这个真是太糟了 |
[21:00] | Yesterday, I was talking to a lizard, | 昨天 我在跟一只蜥蜴说话 |
[21:03] | and it turned into Elizabeth Taylor. | 然后那蜥蜴变成了伊丽莎白·泰勒 |
[21:05] | – Young Elizabeth Taylor? – Uh-huh. | – 年轻的伊丽莎白·泰勒 – 嗯 |
[21:07] | Yeah, I could use some maca. | 好的 我可以试试马卡 |
[21:09] | Give me some of that. | 给我一些 |
[21:11] | And soon a vision did appear. | 然后马上幻觉就产生了 |
[21:15] | I don’t know what’s going on. | 不知道怎么回事 |
[21:16] | For some reason I’m just getting Richard Burton today. | 今天我总是看到Richard Burton |
[21:20] | Oh, my God, what’s that? | 哦 我的天 那是什么 |
[21:22] | That’s the commode. | 那是个卫生间 |
[21:23] | Are you at all concerned that the maca bush | 你是不是关心马卡草丛 |
[21:26] | is directly downhill from that? | 是从那里长到山下去的 |
[21:27] | He should have been, | 他本应该关心的 |
[21:28] | but Oscar was actually referring to what now appeared | 不过事实上Oscar指的是 |
[21:31] | to be a divine spirit, personified as an ostrich. | 看起来像个人的神圣鸵鸟 |
[21:35] | You trespass on sacred ground. | 你们侵入了神圣的领地 |
[21:37] | The spirits command me to warn you. | 神灵命令我警告你们 |
[21:40] | You must leave this land or the land will change you. | 你们必须离开这块地方 否则这片土地会改变你们 |
[21:43] | Don’t worry, he’s probably | 别担心 他可能是从 |
[21:44] | from a local reservation. I’ll, I’ll take care of this. | 印第安的保留地来的 我 我来处理 |
[21:47] | How about you book me two nights for Ray Romano at your casino? | 帮我在你的赌场里预定两晚Ray Romano的秀如何 |
[21:51] | The strong will become the weak, the weak will become the strong. | 强者会变弱 弱者会变强 |
[21:56] | And get us close to the front | 要前排的座啊 |
[21:58] | but not close enough that Ray talks to us. | 不过不要前到Ray能跟我们说话 |
[22:00] | You have been warned. | 我警告过你们了 |
[22:04] | See ya. | 再见 |
[22:07] | I don’t know what you saw, | 我不知道你看到了什么 |
[22:08] | but I got an ostrich and no boner. | 不过我看到的是一个勃不起来的大屁股男人 |
[22:13] | One year after George Sr. had | 一年后 老George发现 |
[22:15] | the incident with the ostrich guy, | 跟那个大屁股家伙说的一样 |
[22:18] | things had indeed started to change. | 事情确实开始了改变 |
[22:20] | Where was I? Um… oh, yeah. | 我在哪 额 哦 对了 |
[22:21] | Father B. had lost his command over the crowd. | 爸爸B已经在学徒中失去了号召力 |
[22:23] | Who would like some lemonade for $2, 000? | 谁想花2000美元买一些柠檬水 |
[22:28] | Come on, guys, I looked the other way | 别这样 伙计们 我低价卖水 |
[22:30] | on the bottled water because you look thirsty, | 是因为你们很口渴 |
[22:32] | but you got to play along here. Heartfire? | 但你们也要配合啊 心火 |
[22:36] | Where’s the lemonade? | 柠檬水在哪 |
[22:38] | Shh! | 嘘 |
[22:40] | And as business slowed down… | 而随着生意的衰退 |
[22:42] | Will you excuse me just one sec? | 抱歉 能等我一会儿吗 |
[22:43] | …Oscar had started being | Oscar开始变得 |
[22:45] | more independent and harder to find. | 越来越独立和越来越难找 |
[22:47] | Norman, have you seen Oscar? | Norman 你看到Oscar了吗 |
[22:49] | No, have you seen China Garden? | 没有 你看到中国园了吗 |
[22:50] | No. | 没有 |
[22:51] | Did you kill that armadillo? | 你把那个犰狳给弄死了吗 |
[22:53] | No, no, he’s just under. | 不 不 它只是缩起来了 |
[22:54] | If only we could use some of his medicine for our own pain. | 如果我们能用它的体液为我们消除痛苦就好了 |
[22:58] | Oh, wait, I’ve got a full syringe in the car. | 哦 等等 我车子里有完整的注射器 |
[23:01] | And George Sr. would soon get | 而老George很快又从 |
[23:03] | worse economic news from his attorney. | 他律师那得到了更糟的资金方面的消息 |
[23:06] | Oh, this can’t be good. | 哦 这肯定不是什么好事 |
[23:06] | I mean, you didn’t drive all | 我是说 你不会一路开车过来 |
[23:08] | this distance for good news. | 就为了告诉我好消息 |
[23:09] | You’ve got a balloon payment due | 在这块地的抵押担保上 |
[23:11] | on the mortgage on this property. | 你还有一大笔钱没有付 |
[23:12] | It’s about $15 million. | 有大概1500万美元 |
[23:14] | I mean, I– what am I gonna do? | 我说 我 我能怎么办 |
[23:16] | Where am I gonna get that money? | 我能从哪弄到那些钱 |
[23:17] | I thought you were going to sell the land to the government | 我还以为你会把这块地卖给政府 |
[23:19] | to build the wall. | 让他们建围墙 |
[23:20] | Yeah, but that was put on hold. | 没错 不过那项目被推迟了 |
[23:22] | So? It’s election time. | 所以 现在是选举的时间 |
[23:24] | Now’s the time to get a politician to push for the wall. | 现在你应该找个政客让他推进这个项目 |
[23:27] | Isn’t that dizzy kook Lucille Austero running? | 那个晃眼的疯子Lucille Austero不是也在竞选吗 |
[23:29] | No, no, she, she can’t know about this. | 不 不 她 她不能知道这事 |
[23:31] | She’s the majority owner of my company, | 她是我公司的最大股东 |
[23:34] | and besides, she’s so pro-immigrant. | 不过 她对移民是持友善态度的 |
[23:36] | She was. | 确实是这样 |
[23:37] | She’d even taken in a Latino foster child, | 她甚至领养了一个拉丁美洲的孤儿 |
[23:40] | which she denied was an attempt to bring in the Hispanic vote. | 对此她否认是为了获得拉美裔的选票 |
[23:44] | Nonetheless, she did know what cultural buttons to push | 然而 她确实知道用什么手段 |
[23:47] | to win their hearts. | 来获得人心 |
[23:48] | Doesn’t matter, she’s not going to win anyway. | 没关系 她是不会赢得竞选的 |
[23:50] | The guy you want is the guy she’s running against– | 你需要找的人是她的对手 |
[23:52] | Herbert Love, right? | Herbert Love 没错吧 |
[23:54] | He’s got a rally tonight. | 他今晚有一场演讲 |
[23:55] | Go and see him. | 过去见他 |
[23:57] | Everyone knows how persuasive you can be. | 所有人都知道你的嘴皮子有多厉害 |
[23:59] | Used to be. | 以前是 |
[24:01] | I’d be lucky to sell a glass of lemonade | 今天我能以1000美元卖出 |
[24:03] | for a thousand dollars today. | 一杯柠檬水就算幸运的了 |
[24:05] | Now, listen. | 听着 |
[24:06] | If I can take no more | 如果我都可以 |
[24:07] | than a law degree from the Virgin Islands… | 从维京群岛上弄到一个法律学位 |
[24:11] | – Yeah. – …a-a-and turn it into a net worth | – 嗯 – 然 然后把它变成 |
[24:13] | of $750, 000– | 75万美元的净资产 |
[24:16] | before, of course, what I owe in lawsuits– | 当然 在我输掉这么多官司之前 |
[24:18] | you can talk a politician into wasting public funds on a wall. | 你就可以说服一个政客 让他把公款滥用到一座墙上 |
[24:22] | Wait, wait, that rally is tonight? | 等 等 那演讲是今晚 |
[24:24] | – Mm-hmm. – But I’m supposed | – 嗯哼 – 不过我今晚 |
[24:25] | to meet my wife tonight, | 应该跟我妻子见面的 |
[24:27] | which I am dreading, by the way. | 而且 我不敢不去 |
[24:29] | One of the changes | 在前一年 |
[24:30] | that had occurred over the previous year… | 一件事已经发生了改变 |
[24:32] | – My right rear tire is low. – …was a decrease | – 我的车右后胎没气了 – 他跟他妻子所享受的 |
[24:35] | in the physical intimacy George Sr. And his wife had enjoyed. | 身体上的亲密行为正在减少 |
[24:39] | You’re so ugly from behind. | 你从后面看真丑 |
[24:44] | ‘Cause if no one shows up at that office, | 因为如果今晚我没有出现在那个办公室 |
[24:46] | she really will divorce me. | 她真的会跟我离婚的 |
[24:48] | Too bad you can’t use a double. | 真遗憾你不能用替身 |
[24:50] | Oh, also I used a look-alike | 哦 我用过一个跟我长得像的 |
[24:52] | named Stewart to take the California bar for me. | 叫Stewart的人替我去参加加利福尼亚州律师协会 |
[24:54] | But you knew that, right? | 不过那事你知道的 对吗 |
[24:58] | – Oscar. – And later, | – Oscar – 然后 |
[24:59] | while once again looking for his own double… | 当他又一次忙于寻找替身时 |
[25:02] | – Oscar. – …George, who was acting more like Oscar, | – Oscar – George表现得越来越像Oscar |
[25:05] | finally found Oscar, who was acting more like George. | 最后他终于找到了表现得越来越像George的Oscar |
[25:08] | Why aren’t you sweating? | 为什么你没有流汗 |
[25:10] | Maybe I had a better offer. | 也许我现在有个更好的活了 |
[25:12] | And not a word to Dr. Norman. | 不要告诉Norman医生 |
[25:14] | He doesn’t think women should be awake for it. | 他觉得女人不应该醒着做爱 |
[25:16] | “Oh, great Dr. Norman.” | “哦 好个Norman医生” |
[25:18] | You know, we have to be very careful. | 你知道的 我们必须得非常小心 |
[25:20] | Oscar, we are trying to help people here. | Oscar 我们在普渡众生 |
[25:22] | I know, I know, I know, but you know what? | 我知道 我知道 我知道 不过你知道吗 |
[25:26] | It just gets hot in there sometimes! | 只是有时候那里面太热了 |
[25:29] | Whoa, we don’t, we don’t have to yell. | 哇哦 我们 我们不用这么激动 |
[25:31] | Why not you go do hot sweat, let Oscar do squeeze? | 为什么不让你去蒸桑拿 让Oscar来挤汗 |
[25:35] | All right, I mean, I’m not saying that. | 好了 我是说 我不是那个意思 |
[25:37] | I just, uh, I need a break. | 我只是 额 我需要休息下 |
[25:40] | I just can’t go on | 我不能再继续 |
[25:42] | – pretending to be you, sitting silently… – Shh. | – 装成你了 默默地坐在那里 – 嘘 |
[25:45] | …in a, in a 100-degree mud hut for an hour and a half. | 在一个100度的泥土小屋里坐上一个半小时 |
[25:49] | I am begging you– there has to be something else | 我求你了 事情应该做些改变了 |
[25:51] | I can impersonate you doing. | 我可以模仿你做其他的事情 |
[25:57] | It’s funny you should say that | 听你这样说很有趣 |
[25:59] | because, uh, if you’re okay with the sitting silently part, | 因为 额 既然你可以胜任默默坐在那里的工作 |
[26:03] | I have something for you that’s quite chilling. | 我还一些更凉快的工作给你 |
[26:05] | – Thank you. – And so George Sr. Left | – 谢谢 – 所以老George |
[26:07] | to seek out the right-wing politician Herbert Love | 出发了去找右翼政客Herbert Love |
[26:10] | as Oscar headed out to visit Lucille, disguised as George, | 而Oscar伪装成George 出发去见Lucille |
[26:14] | which is exactly who Barry thought | 而Barry正是认为 |
[26:17] | he was talking to. | 跟他交谈的人是George |
[26:18] | I just pooped in a hole and covered it up. | 我刚刚往一个洞里拉了屎 然后把洞盖上了 |
[26:20] | I hope I did the right thing. | 我希望我做得是对的 |
[26:21] | There’s a commode. | 那儿有个厕所 |
[26:23] | It’s, it’s directly uphill from the maca root. | 在 在顺着马卡根上去的山坡上 |
[26:25] | Yeah, I really feel bad for the guy that’s got | 没错 我真的替那些要把厕所挖起来 |
[26:27] | to dig that up for the foundation for the wall. | 建围墙的人感到伤心 |
[26:31] | Yeah, wha-what wall? | 什么 什么墙 |
[26:35] | Very good, George. | 很好 George |
[26:37] | We got to be careful where we talk about this. | 我们得小心我们谈话的地方 |
[26:39] | Ooh, I got to watch my words. | 哦 我得注意我的言语 |
[26:41] | And that’s when Oscar realized that George Sr. | 而正是那时Oscar意识到老George |
[26:44] | didn’t buy the land | 并没有买下这块地 |
[26:46] | to be the best brother in Southern California. | 为了成为南加州最好的哥哥 |
[26:50] | On the next |
接下来的<发展受阻> |
[26:53] | ||
[26:57] | Oscar confirms his suspicions of the wall | Oscar在假扮老George的时候 |
[26:59] | while impersonating George Sr. | 证实了他对围墙的怀疑 |
[27:01] | I thought we… | 我觉得我们 |
[27:03] | I thought we could talk about the wall. | 我们可以谈谈那围墙 |
[27:06] | You know, the wall. | 你懂的 那个围墙 |
[27:08] | Have you baked your brain in that pizza oven, | 你的头在披萨烤箱里烤过吗 |
[27:10] | or is senility your backup plan | 还是如果政府不买那块地的话 |
[27:12] | if we can’t get the government to buy the property? | 我们只能启用你的备用养老计划 |
[27:16] | So we only did buy that land for personal gain. | 所以我们是为了个人利益买那块地的 |
[27:18] | Well, what Oscar does-doesn’t know | 好吧 Oscar根本不知道 |
[27:21] | won’t hurt him. | 不会伤害到他 |
[27:22] | Oscar Oscar. | |
[27:23] | And although it wasn’t | 尽管假装得 |
[27:24] | a perfect impersonation… | 不是太好 |
[27:26] | I love it when you call my name. | 我喜欢你叫我的名字 |
[27:27] | …he did have the maca root. | 他确实也吃了马卡根 |
[27:29] | George George! | |
[27:31] | Don’t call me that. | 别那样叫我 |
[27:34] | Call me Father B. | 叫我爸爸B |