时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, | 这是关于一个原本富有的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice | 其中的一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:05] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家的故事 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:17] | Michael was heading to work when | Michael准备去上班的时候 |
[00:19] | he saw something he had never seen before lunch. | 看到了他在午餐之前从没见过的东西 |
[00:22] | – His twin sister, Lindsay. – You’re up? | – 他的同胞姐姐 Lindsay – 起床了? |
[00:25] | – Yeah. I work for our attorney now. – Bob Loblaw. Of course. | – 我现在为我们的律师工作 – Bob Loblaw 当然 |
[00:28] | What is he thinking? | 他在想什么 |
[00:30] | – I mean, how’s it going? – Lousy. | – 我是说 工作还顺利吗? – 糟透了 |
[00:32] | You know, I only took this nanny job | 接这累人的工作只因为 |
[00:34] | so he’d give me a free divorce | 他能帮我免费离婚 |
[00:35] | and then marry me, so I’d never have to work again. | 然后娶我 我就永远不需要再工作了 |
[00:38] | But all he seems to care about is that daughter of his. | 但他只关心他的女儿 |
[00:40] | I got my horse to canter today. First time. | 今天我第一次骑马慢跑 |
[00:42] | I’ve always wanted to make love on a horse. | 我一直希望能在马上做爱 |
[00:45] | And tomorrow we’re gonna work without a lunge line. | 明天我们不用练马索练习了 |
[00:47] | That’s so funny, because I can put my leg behind my head. | 太好笑了 因为我柔软到能把腿放在脑后 |
[00:50] | I mean, come on, I’m the nanny. | 我觉得 拜托 我是保姆 |
[00:53] | Of course, who wouldn’t wanna snog the nanny? | 没事 谁不想”亲抚”小保姆呢 |
[00:54] | “Snog.” Is that another one of your new Britishisms? | “亲抚” 这是你又一个英式词汇吗 |
[00:57] | It was. Michael had recently fallen bum over noggin | 是的 Michael最近和一个漂亮的叫Rita的 |
[01:01] | for a beautiful English woman called Rita. | 英国女人”共浴爱河”[英式词汇] |
[01:04] | Did I say “Snog”Again? Bloody hell. | 我又说”snog”了吗 岂有此理[英式词汇] |
[01:06] | Listen, you wanna win over Bob, you gotta win over the kid, | 听着 你想赢得Bob 你就得赢得那孩子 |
[01:09] | and here’s what you do. You find something that you’re good at | 这样 找个你擅长的事情 |
[01:11] | and you share it with her. | 和她分享讨论 |
[01:13] | While you’re at it, share it with us too, huh? | 但跟她讨论前先跟我说你分享什么 |
[01:14] | And try not to act so desperate. Oh, my God, did I miss a call? | 不要表现的太急功近利 天那 竟然有未接来电 |
[01:17] | This is Rita. Just wanted to say hi. | 我是Rita 只想打个招呼 |
[01:20] | I’m on my way to the train station. Bye-bye. | 我在去火车站的路上了 Bye-bye |
[01:23] | She’s leaving. I gotta get over there. | 她要走了 我必须去 |
[01:26] | Michael raced to the station, | Michael用豹的速度去车站了 |
[01:27] | God, is that how I look? | 天那 我也这么急功近利吗 |
[01:29] | where Rita was being given her ticket. | Rita正在接受指示 |
[01:31] | Here’s your ticket and your instructions. | 这是你的车票和指令 |
[01:33] | Call me if you get in over your head. | 如果局势失控 打给我 |
[01:38] | – Hey, hi there, Rita. – Hey. Michael. | – 嗨 Rita – 嗨 Michael |
[01:40] | Hi, where you going and how long you going for? | 你准备去哪儿 去多久 |
[01:45] | You’re right, do not answer that. | 也对 不要回答了 |
[01:46] | You know, I’m not getting clingy. | 我不想这么粘人的 |
[01:48] | Why are you breathing like that? | 你为什么这么喘 |
[01:49] | I wasn’t hurrying to come stop you, | 我不是赶来阻止你的 |
[01:52] | I was out on for my daily… Do you run at all? | 我只是每天都 你喜欢跑步吗 |
[01:55] | Oh, yes. I was in the Olympics once. | 是的 我参加过奥运会 |
[01:58] | I won a silver medal. | 得了银牌 |
[01:59] | You’re that Rita Leeds? Oh, my goodness! | 你就是那个Rita leeds吗 天那 |
[02:03] | And silver medal. Yes you came on the second. | 银牌 是的 你是第二名 |
[02:05] | Now I’m very speak out of breath, funny. | 我现在说话说的喘不过气了 太好笑了 |
[02:08] | But you take my breath away. | 你美得令我窒息 |
[02:13] | Michael, you’re such a… | Michael 你真是个哔 |
[02:19] | Michael was stunned. | Michael震惊了 |
[02:20] | He assumed Rita was using the word… | 他好像听到Rita说了哔 |
[02:22] | in the American sense, meaning weak or cowardly. | 在美式英语里的意思是懦弱或胆怯 |
[02:26] | In fact, Rita meant it in the British sense, | 事实上 Rita英式表达的意思是 |
[02:29] | meaning sweet or gentle, as in “Pussycat”. | 甜蜜或温柔的 就像”小猫咪”这个词一样 |
[02:32] | The Jerries aren’t so bad. | 德军没有那么可怕 |
[02:33] | They’re just being led by a rotten apple. | 他们只是被极端思想误导了 |
[02:35] | Reggie, fighting for your country, you’re such a pussy. | Reggie 为你的国家而战 你真是我的甜心 |
[02:40] | When I miss your lips, I’ll put a… | 当我想你双唇的时候 |
[02:42] | in my mouth and think of you. | 我会在我嘴里含哔 然后想你 |
[02:45] | That also had a different meaning over there. | 这里同样还有个重大歧义 |
[02:50] | Michael returned home hoping to take solace in his son’s company. | Michael回到家 希望在儿子身边找些安慰 |
[02:53] | Just the guy I was looking for. | 找的就是你 |
[02:54] | I was thinking you and I should maybe go play a little catch, | 我想我们俩可以去玩玩球 |
[02:56] | you know, maybe go for a run. | 或者跑跑步 |
[02:58] | Do some guy stuff. | 做些男人的事 |
[02:59] | – But we’re not good at that stuff. – Yes, I am. We both are. | – 但我们不在行这种事 – 不 我在行 我们都在行 |
[03:03] | Michael and his son had | Michael和他的儿子从来 |
[03:05] | never been a very successful athletic team. | 都不是一对成功的运动搭档 |
[03:08] | In fact, the only thing George Michael really liked | 事实上 George Michael最喜欢的是 |
[03:11] | was hanging motionless from the monkey bars, | 呆若木鸡的挂在横杠上 |
[03:13] | which The President’s Council on Fitness ranks as | 总统健身委员会将这个视为 |
[03:17] | slightly easier than the slide. | 比滑梯更轻松的动作 |
[03:19] | Anyway, I was just thinking that maybe we should | 总之 我觉得我们这个家庭 |
[03:21] | emphasise athletics a little bit more in this family, | 应该更强调运动一些 |
[03:24] | I’m gonna start us off with a protein drink, okay? | 我准备从喝蛋白质饮料开始 怎么样 |
[03:28] | Still doing that, huh? | 还是接不住 对吧 |
[03:30] | Well, I do think we should go for a run, huh? | 我真的觉得应该去跑个步 |
[03:32] | Some real guy stuff. | 真正阳刚的事情 |
[03:34] | I’m supposed to go fabric shopping with Ann today. | 我今天打算和Ann去买布料的 |
[03:36] | I think we can go butcher. | 我我觉得我们能阳刚些 |
[03:40] | No. We’re making a gown. | 不 我们要做礼服 |
[03:41] | – She’s gonna be in a beauty pageant. – Yeah. Who’s Ann? | – 她准备参加选美比赛 – Yeah 谁是Ann |
[03:44] | My girlfriend. She’s… You’ve met her. So many times. | 我女朋友 你见过的 很多次 |
[03:48] | – You’ve met her and met her. – No, I know who Annabelle is. | – 你不断不断的见到她 – 我知道 那是Annabelle |
[03:50] | Who’s the Ann that’s in the beauty pageant? | 参加选美比赛的Ann是谁 |
[03:52] | That’s her. Her name isn’t Annabelle, that’s Ann. | 就是她 她的名字不叫Annabelle 是Ann |
[03:54] | I know. I know that her name is not Annabelle. | 我知道 我知道她不叫Annabelle |
[03:56] | That’s how I remember her name, | 我就是这么记她名字的 |
[03:57] | ’cause her body’s kind of shaped like a… | 因为她的体型像 |
[04:00] | She’s the belle of the ball. | 她是舞会上的美女 |
[04:01] | What is she doing in the beauty pageant? | 她为什么参加选美比赛 |
[04:03] | She running the lights or something? | 她是灯光或是幕后什么的吗 |
[04:06] | She’s in it. She’s a contestant. | 她参赛的 是参赛者 |
[04:08] | Sort of like an inner-beauty pageant. | 那种心灵美比拼的选美 |
[04:11] | – There it is. – What? | – 怪不得 – 怎么了 |
[04:12] | Is it like a Christian thing? | 是教会办的吗 |
[04:14] | Well it’s half. It’s at the State Fair, | 算是吧 在集市的时候举行 |
[04:16] | which this year’s gonna be a Church and State Fair. | 今年的集市将有教会参与 |
[04:18] | It seems the state had run out of money | 因为州政府破产 |
[04:20] | and was going to cancel the fair. | 集市面临取消 |
[04:23] | Until it was resurrected by this man, | 但因为这个男人重启了 |
[04:26] | who agreed to cover the fair’s costs, | 他同意支付集市花费 |
[04:28] | if it included a church presence. | 条件是有教会参与 |
[04:30] | I got some news for you. | 告诉你吧 |
[04:31] | There’s no such thing as an inner-beauty pageant. | 根本没有选心灵美这种事 |
[04:34] | They’re just gonna pick the chick with the best T and A. | 他们只会最挑前凸后翘的女人 |
[04:36] | As a child, Maeby had been entered | Maeby小时候参加很多 |
[04:39] | into a number of progressive pageants | 新式的选美比赛 |
[04:41] | that claimed to celebrate beauty in all its forms. | 声称为了赞美不同形式的美 |
[04:44] | But the winners still tended | 但赢家始终都是 |
[04:45] | to have it going on in the conventional sense. | 传统意义上的美丽 |
[04:48] | Remember how badly you used to wanna win? | 记得那时你多想赢吗 |
[04:50] | No, I remember how badly you used to want me to win. | 不记得 我只记得你多想我赢 |
[04:52] | Yeah, we should have. | 我们应该赢 |
[04:53] | I don’t know where that hair of yours came from. | 我真不知道你的头发哪里遗传来的 |
[04:55] | Shameless Plugs on Placentia. | 普拉森舍无耻植发店 |
[04:58] | Looks pretty good, huh? | 看起来不错吧 |
[04:59] | And they’re not licensed, which means big savings. | 他们没有执照 所以大省一笔 |
[05:04] | It’s been happening a lot lately. | 最近老是这样 |
[05:06] | You know what? This is the perfect thing to do. | 这是个好机会 |
[05:08] | No, Mom, I’m not gonna do it. | 不 妈 我不会去参加的 |
[05:10] | No, no, not you. Bob’s daughter, Hope. | 不 不是你 Bob的女儿 Hope |
[05:13] | Look, if I can get Hope this crown, | 如果我能帮Hope赢得桂冠 |
[05:15] | maybe her father might just wanna crown me. | 她父亲说不定愿意戴我的花苞 |
[05:18] | If you know what I mean. | 是不是说的很委婉 |
[05:19] | I’m guessing have sex, but that’s meeting you more than halfway. | 你想说做爱吗 但是比你想表达的还委婉 |
[05:22] | Tobias, wanna clean up that mirror? | Tobias 可以扫下玻璃吗 |
[05:25] | And the vase. | 还有花瓶 |
[05:26] | Perhaps if I can coach a | 如果我帮助一个 |
[05:27] | certain young lady to victory in this pageant, | 女孩赢得这次选美 |
[05:30] | I can gain back the respect of my wife. | 我就能赢回妻子的尊重 |
[05:34] | I’ll show them a little T and A. | 让评委看看真正的前凸后翘 |
[05:35] | You can’t make me do it, Dad. | 你不能让我做这些 爸爸 |
[05:36] | Tobias and Ann. | Tobias和Ann |
[05:39] | What, my Ann? No, I don’t think we need any help. | 什么 我的Ann吗 不 我们不需要帮助 |
[05:41] | George Michael, she’s a girl. | George Michael 她是个女孩 |
[05:44] | I need to teach her how to be a woman. | 我需要教她怎么成为女人 |
[05:46] | Within her lies a queen. Let me out that queen. | 她内心有个女王 让我释放女王 |
[05:51] | I think you just did. | 我觉得你已经释放了 |
[05:53] | – Michael – Gob – Michael. – Gob. | |
[05:54] | Let me get that for you. | 我来帮你 |
[05:57] | So, a young neighbourhood tough by the name of Steve Holts | 邻里有一个叫Steve Holts的硬汉 |
[06:01] | – gonna be here any minute. – Your son. | – 马上会来 – 你儿子 |
[06:03] | – According to him… – And a DNA test. | – 因为他 – 做过DNA检测了 |
[06:06] | I heard the jury’s still out on science. | 我听说陪审团始终没有采纳证据 |
[06:08] | Anyway, he wants to go to the fair, | 总之 他想参加集市 |
[06:10] | but I don’t wanna hurt his feelings, | 但我又不想伤害他 |
[06:12] | so I need you to do it. | 所以需要你帮忙 |
[06:15] | Just tell him that I’m out of town on one of my trips. | 告诉他我出城旅行了 |
[06:18] | I’m not gonna lie to your son. | 我不会对你儿子撒谎的 |
[06:19] | Come on. I lie to yours all the time. | 拜托 我整天对你儿子撒谎 |
[06:22] | Michael, I’m not ready to be a dad. | Michael 我还没有做好当爸爸的准备 |
[06:24] | Plus, I’m gonna be very | 而且 这周我作为 |
[06:25] | busy this week being a judge for the pageant. | 选美比赛的评委会非常忙碌 |
[06:27] | Gob had been a pageant judge for years. | Gob已经做了很多年的选美评委 |
[06:29] | You cannot believe what it does for your sex life. | 你无法想象这件事对性生活的影响 |
[06:31] | – I don’t wanna hear it. – I don’t wanna say it. | – 我不想听 – 我不想说 |
[06:33] | First-place chick is hot, but has an attitude. | 冠军妞很辣 很傲娇 |
[06:36] | Doesn’t date magicians. | 不和魔术师约会 |
[06:38] | Second-place is someone weird, | 亚军妞很奇怪 |
[06:39] | usually, like a Chinese girl or a geologist. | 比如中国人或者地质学家 |
[06:42] | But third-place, although a little bit plain, | 季军妞 虽然有些平淡 |
[06:45] | has super-low self-esteem. | 但自卑感强烈 |
[06:47] | So I step in and lay her crown upon my sweet head. | 我就趁虚而入 将她的花苞戴在我头上 |
[06:52] | Have I missed this euphemism? | 我怎么听过这个委婉说法呢? |
[06:55] | – Steve Holt. – I should go. | – Steve Holt – 我撤了 |
[06:59] | He’s hiding from me, isn’t he? | 他在躲着我 对吧 |
[07:01] | You know, you gotta stop saying your name all the time. | 你必须改掉时刻说自己名字的毛病 |
[07:05] | It’s just they have this father-son triathlon, | 我只想和他一起参加集会的 |
[07:08] | and I just wanted him to do it with me. | 父子铁人三项 |
[07:10] | – Stupid, huh? – That’s a pretty tough race. | – 很傻吧 – 那是个很艰难的比赛 |
[07:12] | Only for a wimp, a wuss. | 对某些人来说是的 窝囊废 胆小鬼 |
[07:15] | A… | 哔 |
[07:16] | And Steve didn’t mean “Pussycat.” | Steve并不是说小甜心 |
[07:18] | Steve Steve. | |
[07:20] | How’d you like to do that triathlon with me? | 你和我一起参加那个比赛 怎么样 |
[07:23] | – Are you serious? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – Yeah |
[07:25] | – Uncle Mike! – Steve Holt! | – Mike叔叔 – Steve Holt |
[07:28] | Both men felt good about themselves. | 两个突然自信爆棚的男人 |
[07:30] | – Uncle Mike! – Steve Holt! | – Mike叔叔 – Steve Holt |
[07:33] | But Gob didn’t share their enthusiasm. | 但Gob并没有感受到他们的热情 |
[07:35] | So this is how Michael gets rid of my son. By stealing him. | 这就是Michael帮我摆脱儿子的方法 偷走他 |
[07:39] | Well, I’ll just have to steal something of his | 我也要偷走他心爱的东西 |
[07:41] | like, say, his bicycle, | 比如 他的自行车 |
[07:44] | as a placeholder. | 这是代价 |
[07:52] | Michael was trying to prove his manliness with Steve Holt. | Michael试着向Steve Holt展示他的男子气概 |
[07:57] | Rita, hey, it’s Michael. Just wanted to let you know | Rita 我是Michael 只是想让你知道 |
[07:59] | that I’m running a triathlon at the fair, | 我会在集会上参加铁人三项 |
[08:02] | and if you’re back in town… | 如果你回到城里了 |
[08:04] | I can’t believe I chose this moment to call you. | 不敢相信 我竟然在这个时候打给你 |
[08:07] | Meanwhile, at the Church and State Fair, | 与此同时 在集市的教会场地里 |
[08:09] | Maeby was trying to enrol in the pageant. Sort of. | Maeby正试图进入选美比赛 用某种方式 |
[08:13] | Your situation poses a problem. Let me talk to our chairman. | 你的情况有些特殊 让我和负责人汇报下 |
[08:19] | – Hey, what are you doing, Maeby? – It’s Surely. | – Maeby 你在这干嘛 – 是Surely |
[08:22] | I’m just here to prove | 我来这里只是想证明 |
[08:22] | that all these pageants care about is looks. | 所有的选美比赛注重的只有外表 |
[08:25] | Just watch. Surely’s inner | 看看Surely的内在美如何 |
[08:26] | beauty will get trumped by her outer icky. | 被她的外在丑态打败 |
[08:28] | Well, what happened to your nose? | 你的鼻子怎么了 |
[08:29] | – It’s part of the disguise. Isn’t it cool? | – 是我的伪装 – 很酷吧 |
[08:31] | The same one Nicole Kidman wore in The Hours. | Nicole Kidman在<时时刻刻>里带过 |
[08:33] | It had been purchased for her at a charity auction she’d attended | 这是别人在一个慈善义卖上 |
[08:36] | as a studio executive. | 送给身为制片人的她的 |
[08:38] | $10,000. | 1万 |
[08:38] | By Jamie Kennedy. | 那人叫Jamie Kennedy |
[08:40] | You’re such a dear. | 你真是太好了 |
[08:41] | But I’m not putting you | 但我不会让你演我 |
[08:42] | in my remake of A Thoroughly Polite Dustup. | 翻拍的<一场彻底温和的骚乱>的 |
[08:46] | Miss Wolfbeek, although it costs quite a bit | Wolfbeek小姐 虽然要为你铺设大 |
[08:49] | to put in a ramp for you, we got approval. | 斜坡花费很 但我们获得了批准 |
[08:52] | You’re in. | 你入围了 |
[08:54] | As Maeby found herself stuck in a beauty pageant, | 正当Maeby在选美比赛中进退两难的时候 |
[08:57] | Lucille was meeting with attorney Bob Loblaw | Luiclle正和律师Bob Loblaw |
[09:00] | about getting her son out of the army. | 商讨她儿子摆脱兵役的事 |
[09:02] | I mean, my God. He’s already lost a hand. If he loses a leg, | 太扯了 他已经没有手了 如果他没有的是脚 |
[09:06] | how will we ever get him out of the apartment? | 我们以后怎么把他撵出家门? |
[09:08] | Well, the army does have a one-in-one-out programme, | 但是军队有一出一进的规定 |
[09:11] | where the inductee is relieved | 入伍人员退伍的要求是 |
[09:12] | of duty once he enlists someone to take his place. | 重新招募一位替代他 |
[09:15] | So I’m supposed to find some poor innocent soul and hook him? | 所以我应该去找个可怜的纯洁灵魂 然后勾住他吗 |
[09:18] | Well, that’s not going to help sign anyone. Where’s your hand? | 这样谁也找不到 你的手在哪里 |
[09:21] | It got stuck in the prize hole again. | 又卡在夹娃娃机里了 |
[09:23] | I told you not to play that stupid game anymore. | 我告诉过你不要再玩那个蠢游戏了 |
[09:28] | There goes Number 3. | 第三只手了 |
[09:30] | I wasn’t playing it. I was just trying to get my other one back. | 我不是在玩 只是想夹回另外那只手 |
[09:34] | Hi, sorry, sorry, I totally | 抱歉抱歉 我完全忘记 |
[09:35] | forgot about this meeting. What’s going on? | 这个会了 进行的怎么样 |
[09:37] | You’re father’s got a lot | 你爸爸因为越狱未遂 |
[09:39] | of bad press because of the escape attempts. | 有了很多负面新闻 |
[09:41] | Volunteer for something. | 做做义工吧 |
[09:42] | I’ll do anything to get out of this… apartment. | 我愿意做任何事来逃脱这个哔房子 |
[09:45] | You’ll do anything to get out of… in this apartment. | 在这个房子里 你愿意做任何事来摆脱哔 |
[09:48] | You’re drunk. | 你喝多了 |
[09:50] | Yeah, Mom. Can you just… And, Dad… | 妈 你能 呃 爸 |
[09:52] | You know, why do we even need the surrogate? | 为什么我们需要这个代理人 |
[09:54] | – You know, Dad’s in the apartment. – Don’t come in here. | – 爸就在房间里 – 不要进来 |
[09:56] | – Don’t come in here. – Don’t come in here. | – 不要进来 – 不要进来 |
[09:58] | – I said not to come in here. – Would you get out here, please? | – 我说了不要进来 – 你能出去吗 |
[10:00] | – I’m watching the game. – I said not to come in. | – 我正在看比赛 – 我说了不要进来 |
[10:02] | I did not spend money on a surrogate… | 我可没有花钱请代理人 |
[10:03] | I’m watching the game. | 我正在看比赛 |
[10:04] | so you can just | 所以你能 |
[10:06] | I lost him. | 失去联系了 |
[10:06] | I think you’ve got your | 我想你一定有办法 |
[10:08] | hands full trying to make this guy look good. | 让这个家伙显得良善 |
[10:09] | Well, there’s a Startle Straight programe at the fair | 在集会有个”吓回正轨计划” |
[10:12] | which involves you speaking with at-risk male youth | 你和不走正道的青少年聊聊 |
[10:14] | to scare them away from criminal behaviour. | 吓吓他们 让他们别再去作奸犯科 |
[10:17] | Okay. I can do that. I’m gonna | 没问题 我需要一些 |
[10:19] | need some big blown-up photos of your mother. | 你妈妈放大的照片 |
[10:21] | I think they’re talking about your time in prison, Dad. | 我想他们指的是你在监狱里的日子 爸爸 |
[10:24] | Okay. Why not? | 当然可以 |
[10:25] | I mean, if I don’t win this thing, | 即使我不做 |
[10:27] | I’m gonna be back there anyway. | 也会回监狱的 |
[10:29] | “At-risk male youth.” That spells “Army.” | 不务正业青少年 正好拼写出军队 |
[10:32] | And that’s when Buster discovered a recruiting pool | Buster发现了一个政府偷偷 |
[10:35] | the government had been fishing for years. | 发展了数年的征兵群体 |
[10:37] | I may head down there, too. | 我可能也会去看看 |
[10:39] | Yeah, I don’t know, Dad. Startled Straight, | 爸爸 我不确定”吓回正轨” |
[10:41] | not so sure you’re the guy for that, | 你是不是这个计划的合适人选 |
[10:42] | but I’ll look into it while | 但是我会去看的 |
[10:43] | I’m down at the fair signing up for a triathlon. | 我参加了集会的铁人三项 |
[10:46] | Triathlon? Do you know how hard a triathlon is? | 铁人三项 你知道有多恐怖吗 |
[10:48] | People lose control of every bodily function. | 人的各部分身体机能都会失控 |
[10:51] | Didn’t you ever see that video? | 你难道没看过那个视频吗 |
[10:53] | Chris Legh 1997年 铁人的奔溃 | |
[10:54] | It’s like your mother on New Year’s Eve. | 就像你妈妈在新年前夜一样 |
[10:56] | Lucille Bluth 1999年 皇家基尔酒的溃堤 | |
[10:56] | Actually, Lucille went down faster. | 事实上 Lucille倒的比较快 |
[11:01] | You’re not even in shape, | 你这副模样 |
[11:02] | you’re gonna fall apart in front of everybody. | 会在大家面前四分五裂的 |
[11:05] | Kind of scaring me, Dad. | 不要吓我 爸爸 |
[11:06] | You see? Perfect for this Startled Straight thing. | 看吧 我恐吓人的实力 |
[11:11] | Tobias was getting Ann | Tobias正在为Ann |
[11:12] | ready for the talent portion of the pageant. | 准备选美比赛的才艺表演 |
[11:15] | I think we need something | 我们应该加入一些 |
[11:16] | with a little more spectacle in the act. | 小小的壮观场面在表演中 |
[11:18] | Something that will make you look small and pretty in comparison. | 一些使你看起来很小很漂亮的对比 |
[11:22] | A camel. | 一只骆驼 |
[11:23] | You know, she has a really lovely singing voice. | 她的嗓音很美 |
[11:25] | I’ll sing to the camel. | 我就对着骆驼唱歌 |
[11:27] | Yes. We can Google some disco songs with the word “Hump” In them. | 对 我们可以谷歌一些有”驼峰”字眼的歌 |
[11:30] | – Cute. – No, that sounds a bit racy. | – 好主意 – 不好吧 听起来有些不雅 |
[11:33] | Okay. He may be afraid of sex, | 他可能惧怕性交 |
[11:34] | but you’re not going to win without it. | 但是你不这么做就赢不了 |
[11:36] | No, I’m not afraid of sex. | 不 我没有惧怕性交 |
[11:37] | Good. Go have sex with this girl right now. | 很好 那现在和这个女孩做爱 |
[11:40] | Do it. Go. | 现在 上吧 |
[11:42] | Get in there, have some sex with her right now. | 快进去 上她 现在 |
[11:45] | I didn’t think so. | 我就说嘛 |
[11:46] | Ann, you need to decide whether you want a man or a boy. | Ann 你必须决定现在需要男人还是男孩 |
[11:51] | I know how I’d answer. | 换了是我 答案一目了然 |
[11:53] | Give us some room, George Michael. I can’t breathe. | 给我们点空间 George Michael 我不自在 |
[11:56] | Okay, now you’re upsetting the talent. Out. | 你现在正在糟蹋她的天赋 出去 |
[12:04] | Michael, meanwhile, had begun training for the triathlon, | Michael与此同时 为了不在Rita面前丢脸 |
[12:08] | to keep from humiliating himself in front of Rita. | 开始了铁人三项的练习 |
[12:11] | No. Don’t ask, “Can I?” Ask “I can!” | 不 不要说我可不可以 说我可以 |
[12:14] | You can’t control your bladder when you’re dead. No blood, no oil. | 你死了才会失禁 没有血就没有油 |
[12:17] | There’s no “I” In win. | 牺牲小我成就大我 |
[12:28] | Michael returned confident in his manliness | Michael意气风发的回家了 |
[12:31] | when he ran into his son, who was questioning his own. | 看到正在怀疑自我的儿子 |
[12:35] | Hey, how is that pageant going? | Hey 选美的事怎么样了 |
[12:38] | Turns out Ann doesn’t want me around during it. | Ann不想让我帮她备战 |
[12:40] | – Really? – Hey, well… | – 真的吗 – Hey 那 |
[12:41] | Well, now you and me can | 那明天你和我 |
[12:42] | go to that fair together tomorrow after all. | 就能一起去参加集会了 |
[12:44] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 是吗 – 是啊 |
[12:45] | And maybe do some man stuff. | 参加些男人的运动 |
[12:47] | Actually, I’ve already signed up for the father-son triathlon. | 事实上 我已经报名参加了父子铁人三项 |
[12:50] | Okay, great. Yeah. I did want to do that with you. | 太好了 我一直想和你一起参加 |
[12:53] | I mean, I’ve already promised Steve Holt. | 我已经答应Steve Holt了 |
[12:56] | You know, he’s older, it’s more manly. | 他比你大 比你更男人 |
[12:58] | You don’t think I’m manly? | 你觉得我不男人吗 |
[13:00] | No, no, it’s just… Darn that Annabelle. She ruins everything. | 不 不 只是 讨厌的Annabelle 她毁了一切 |
[13:05] | But the next morning, Michael awoke to discover | 但是第二天早上 Michael醒来发现 |
[13:08] | every muscle in his body was exacting revenge. | 他身上的每块肌肉都进行了强烈的报复 |
[13:12] | Oil? | 油 |
[13:13] | And so was his brother Gob. | 他的哥哥Gob也是如此 |
[13:19] | Hey, does anyone know why my handlebars are in my bed? | 谁知道我的自行车头为什么会在我床上吗 |
[13:25] | The Church and State Fair was in full swing. | 教会政府集会如火如荼的进行着 |
[13:35] | And Lindsay watched with pride | Lindsay自豪的看着 |
[13:37] | as Hope Loblaw did an original number | Hope Loblaw唱着Lindsay |
[13:40] | that Lindsay herself had written. | 自己创作的歌 |
[13:47] | And now please welcome Annabelle Veal | 现在让我们有请Annabelle Veal为我们带来 |
[13:50] | performing We Three Kings with a camel toe. | 三个国王和骆驼脚趾 |
[14:00] | Michael arrived at the fair sore from overtraining. | Michael浑身酸痛的来到了集会 |
[14:04] | Can’t really go that high, I’m in a lot of pain here. | 举不了那么高 我浑身痛 |
[14:06] | Yeah, you know what, I figured you’d be that way. | 我猜想你可能会这样 |
[14:09] | So Coach gave me these. They’re pills filled with oxygen. | 教练给我了这个 是氧气供给片 |
[14:12] | – Yeah? – They keep you from being incontinent. | – 真的吗 – 可以防止大小便失禁 |
[14:13] | Have one, they’re called oxyincontinent. | 吃一颗 他们叫”氧气失禁片” |
[14:15] | Steve didn’t have that quite right. | 其实这药根本不是那么回事 |
[14:18] | But Michael thought Rita might be coming | Michael想着Rita可能回来 |
[14:20] | and he was desperate to impress her. | 他拼死想表现勇猛 |
[14:22] | Meanwhile, Maeby was trying to get knocked out of the pageant. | 同时 Maeby正试图逃出比赛 |
[14:26] | Pope Impersonator, Church. How has God influenced your life? | Pope Impersonator 来自教会 说说上帝是怎样影响你生活的 |
[14:30] | About just as much as Big Bird and the Keebler Elves. | 就像大鸟和奇宝精灵的帮助一样 |
[14:34] | Well, my faith would have | 如果上帝拿走我的腿 |
[14:35] | been shaken if he had taken my legs, too. | 我的信念也会动摇的 |
[14:40] | Gob Bluth, State. | Gob Bluth 来自政府 |
[14:42] | I was betrayed by my brother Michael. | 我的弟弟Michael背叛了我 |
[14:45] | Who’s your favourite family member and why? | 你最喜欢的家庭成员是谁 为什么 |
[14:48] | Definitely not my shallow, materialistic mother | 肯定不是我肤浅物质的妈妈 |
[14:50] | who only cares about looks. | 她只注重表面 |
[14:52] | I think we all feel that way about our mothers. | 我对我妈妈也是同样的感受 |
[14:54] | And we all have legs. | 我们的腿很完好 |
[15:01] | Meanwhile, George, Sr arrived at the Startled Straight tent. | 同时 老George来到”吓回正轨”的帐篷内 |
[15:05] | I’ll be waiting out here with my enlistment forms, | 我会拿着我的征召表格在外面等 |
[15:07] | so go in there and scare them right into my open arm! | 所以进去把他们吓到我的怀里吧 |
[15:11] | But as it turns out, the fair had two Startled Straight tents. | 但是看起来 集会有两个吓”直”计划的帐篷 |
[15:16] | And George, Sr had wandered into the church-sponsored one… | 老George进的是教会赞助的帐篷 |
[15:20] | You wanna be some guy’s girlfriend? | 你想成为男人的女朋友吗 |
[15:21] | intended to scare gay young men | 旨在把年轻的同性恋 |
[15:24] | into a heterosexual lifestyle. | 转变为异性恋 |
[15:26] | You wanna have some guy reach around you in the middle of the night | 你想在半夜被男的乱摸 |
[15:27] | and start messing with your junk? | 不停玩弄你的小弟弟吗 |
[15:29] | Is he ugly? | 他丑吗 |
[15:31] | No, it’s pitch-black. | 不 漆黑一片 |
[15:33] | You don’t see him. And it never stops, guys, | 你看不到他 只能感受到他无休止的抚摸 |
[15:37] | and everybody acts like it’s no big deal. | 而且每个人都要把这当做平常事 |
[15:39] | Is there a cover charge? | 需要特别收费吗 |
[15:41] | And the inner-beauty pageant was down to the final three. | 心灵美比赛进入了三强角逐 |
[15:44] | Will it be the beautiful Hope Loblaw? | 会是漂亮的Hope Lablaw |
[15:49] | The stalwart Annabelle Veal? | 强壮的Annabelle Veal |
[15:51] | Or the justifiably bitter Surely Wolfbeek? | 还是无可争议的弱者Surely Wolfbeek |
[15:56] | It became clear that Surely was going to win. | Surely很明显即将赢得比赛 |
[15:59] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:01] | This is wrong. | 这是错的 |
[16:02] | And that’s when Maeby displayed some real inner beauty. | Maeby突然内在美闪现 |
[16:05] | One of these girls deserves to win. | 她们两个才有资格赢 |
[16:08] | She can stand! | 她站起来了 |
[16:10] | Maeby Maeby? | |
[16:12] | That’s how I know her. | 怪不得这么眼熟 |
[16:14] | Let us pray. | 让我们祈祷吧 |
[16:16] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 天那 |
[16:17] | Praise the Lord! | 上帝显灵了 |
[16:19] | And Michael, now feeling a little woozy, | Michael飘飘欲仙 |
[16:22] | arrived to see the triathlon course. | 来到铁人三项的场地 |
[16:24] | Which consisted of several tricycles, five inflatable pools… | 看到几辆自行车 五个充气泳池 |
[16:28] | What the hell is this? | 怎么会这样 |
[16:29] | … and fathers and sons being manacled together. | 父亲和儿子被绑在一起 |
[16:32] | Don’t let it psych you out. | 不要让这些影响你 |
[16:34] | Did that oxyincontinent set in yet? | 刚才的药片起作用了吗 |
[16:36] | You knew this is what the race was? | 你一直都知道是这样的比赛对吧 |
[16:37] | Kind of. I mean, they change it | 貌似是的 他们每年都 |
[16:39] | every year so you can’t replicate it on your lawn. | 略作改变 这样你就不能自己练习了 |
[16:41] | Why did you let me train so hard? | 为什么让我训练的这么辛苦 |
[16:44] | I just thought you wanted to hang out and do guy stuff. | 我只想一起做些男人的事情 |
[16:46] | This isn’t guy stuff. | 这不是男人的事情 |
[16:48] | I don’t know why I thought that you’d wanna do this. | 我误解了 我以为你想那样的 |
[16:51] | – This is stupid, huh? – No, Steve, Steve. | – 我太蠢了 – 不 Steve Steve |
[16:53] | You’re not going anywhere. | 哪儿也不许去 |
[16:54] | You’ll do it with me? | 你要和我一起参加吗 |
[16:56] | We’re chained together. But, you know, Rita’s not here yet, | 我们是搭档 但是 Rita还没来 |
[16:58] | and what the hell. Let’s go win this thing. | 管他呢 一起拿下这个比赛吧 |
[17:00] | – Let’s win this thing! – What the hell? | – 我们必胜 – 管他呢 |
[17:03] | – What the hell! – Win this thing! | – 管他呢 – 我们必胜 |
[17:05] | Here, man. Let’s go ahead and start up. | 走吧 我们去准备 |
[17:07] | And after the pageant, George Michael went to congratulate Ann. | 比赛结束 George Michael祝贺Ann |
[17:10] | Congratulations on coming in third, that’s amazing. | 恭喜你获得第三名 太精彩了 |
[17:13] | And I heard you’re the | 我听说你是前十名里 |
[17:14] | first camel act to ever crack the top 10 too, | 第一个和骆驼一起表演的 |
[17:15] | so that’s like a record. | 真是史无前例啊 |
[17:17] | And I’m a bit relieved because I was… | 我其实松了口气 |
[17:21] | I thought maybe if you came in first, you would have outgrown me. | 因为我想如果你得了第一 可能就会嫌弃我 |
[17:24] | Outgrown you. | 嫌弃你 |
[17:26] | That is the term I’ve been looking for. | 这正是我要找的词 |
[17:28] | It seems Gob was right | 看起来Gob对 |
[17:29] | about what happens to third-place contestants. | 第三名的说法是对的 |
[17:32] | I met a man. | 我认识了个男人 |
[17:34] | George Michael was devastated. | George Michael陷入了绝望 |
[17:36] | It seems he’d lost his girl | 他失去了女朋友 |
[17:38] | and his father because he wasn’t man enough. | 和爸爸 都因为他不够男人 |
[17:41] | And he was faced with a choice. | 这时他面临一个选择 |
[17:59] | Michael and Steve Holt finished their triathlon in first place. | Michael和Steve Holt在比赛中一路领先 |
[18:05] | Of course, they were way older. | 因为他们大别人太多 |
[18:07] | Believe it or not, that took about everything I got. | 不管你信不信 我精疲力尽了 |
[18:08] | I don’t know what was in that pill, but I do not feel so great. | 不知道那药里有什么 但我从没感觉那么好 |
[18:11] | It’s gonna get a little worse before it gets any better. | 在感觉达到巅峰之前会有些痛苦 |
[18:13] | – Really? – We won! | – 真的吗 – 我们赢了 |
[18:14] | – Okay. – Hey, possible nephew. Michael? | – 好极了 – 嗨 预备外甥 Michael |
[18:16] | Your son’s signing up for the Army. | 你儿子准备应招入伍了 |
[18:18] | What? You signed him up for the Army? | 什么 你把他卖给军队了 |
[18:20] | Oh, my God, you’re right. If he goes in, I can get out. | 天 你提醒我了 他进我就出了 |
[18:22] | I’ve gotta get my name on his form. | 我必须在他表格上签名 |
[18:23] | Hang on. Hey, I gotta get there. I gotta stop this. | 等等 我要走了 我必须阻止这一切 |
[18:26] | Do this with me. Come on. | 比赛还没完呢 不要走 |
[18:28] | And that’s when Rita noticed Michael. | 这时Rita看到了Michael |
[18:32] | Wait for me. Wait for me. | 等我 马上回来 |
[18:34] | Michael Michael? | |
[18:37] | – Could you not finish? – No, no. First place. | – 你要退赛了吗 – 没有 没有 领先呢 |
[18:39] | First place, I swear, but I’m sorry, I gotta go do something. | 领先 我发誓 但是抱歉 我现在有别的事要做 |
[18:42] | – I’m dizzy. – Jeez! | – 好晕 – 天那 |
[18:43] | Okay. Uncle Mike, come on. I’ll take you. | Mike叔叔 来 我背你 |
[18:45] | No, no, no, Steve, Steve. | 不不 Steve |
[18:46] | – I got to it. Let’s go. – No. Hi. Goodbye. | – 我可以的 我们走 – 不 Hi 再见 |
[18:49] | And meanwhile, George, Sr | 同时 老George |
[18:51] | hadn’t succeeded in startling anyone but himself. | 没有吓到任何人 除了他自己 |
[18:55] | I mean, there’s nothing to | 除了 |
[18:56] | do all day except lift weights and fold laundry. | 搬东西和叠衣服 整天都无事可做 |
[18:59] | Get thrown into a cage with a bunch of sweaty men. | 和一群满身大汉的男人一起呆在笼子里 |
[19:03] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[19:05] | I can’t go back. | 我不能回去 |
[19:06] | I can’t go back. | 我不能回去 |
[19:08] | – Well, I’m glad he won’t be there. – He’s ugly. | – 他不回去真是太好了 – 他好丑 |
[19:10] | George, Sr came across a US Army combat Humvee, | 老George看到一辆美国军用作战悍马 |
[19:14] | and the Pope Mobile. And | 和一辆教皇用防弹玻璃车 |
[19:16] | he decided to escape in the bullet-proof one. | 他决定坐一辆防弹的逃走 |
[19:21] | Come on. I can’t go back. | 不 我不能回去 |
[19:24] | And Michael caught up with George Michael… | Michael找到了George Michael |
[19:26] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[19:27] | who was three rungs away from being in the army. | 离军队还有三根横杠 |
[19:30] | I’m becoming a man, Dad. Isn’t that what everybody wants? | 我想做个男人 爸爸 这不是大家期望的吗 |
[19:32] | Of course not. Gob, can you get us out of these chains, please? | 当然不是 Gob 能帮我们解开链子吗 |
[19:35] | So you steal my son, and now you need me to save yours. | 你偷了我的儿子 现在却要我来救你儿子 |
[19:38] | All right, one key coming up. | 好吧 钥匙马上来了 |
[19:41] | He’s a magician. | 他是个魔术师 |
[19:42] | – Yeah. We need you to sign this form. – No. | – 我们需要你签这个表格 – 爸爸 |
[19:45] | It’s good, Dad, there’s all sorts of benefits, | 这挺好的 看起来有很多福利 |
[19:46] | and it’s like a family. | 而且就像大家庭一样 |
[19:48] | But it’s also an army of one, and there’s no place for wimps. | 但这也是一个人的军队 没有软脚虾 |
[19:51] | George Michael, you have a family, | George Michael 你是有家的 |
[19:53] | okay? And I’m the wimp, not you. | 好吗 我才是软脚虾 不是你 |
[19:56] | Because I could not take you being away in the Army. | 因为我不能让你远离军队 |
[20:00] | All right? I love you. | 知道吗 我爱你 |
[20:03] | – I did it. – Yep. He’s not signing up. | – 没能忍住 – 他不会签的 |
[20:07] | That’s too bad. I was this close to getting out. | 太可惜了 就差那么一点 |
[20:10] | I think I’m gonna go get one of those corn dog crosses. | 我想我要去买个玉米热狗吃 |
[20:13] | – With all the cruci-fixings? – Right. | – 都被做成了十字架型吗 – 是的 |
[20:15] | – All right. – Thanks, Dad. | – 去吧 – 谢谢 爸爸 |
[20:23] | Was that your son? | 那是你的儿子吗 |
[20:24] | Yes, Rita. Yeah. | 是的 Rita |
[20:26] | The most important person in the world to me. | 这个世上对我最重要的人 |
[20:29] | You really are quite a man, Michael. | 你是个真男人 Michael |
[20:33] | – Do you really think so? – Oh, yes. | – 你真的这么觉得吗 – Oh 是的 |
[20:34] | – Thanks. – You’re a complete and utter… | – 谢谢 – 你真是个完全 彻底的 |
[20:42] | I can’t believe we had to bleep that. | 真不敢相信我们必须要哔掉这个字 |
[20:45] | It would have been such a nice moment. | 本来会是个美好瞬间的 |
[20:48] | On the next Arrested Development, | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:50] | Buster signs Steve Holt up for the Army. | Buster找Steve Holt签名入伍 |
[20:53] | Wait, no. No, you can’t. You can’t. | 等等 不 不 你不能 |
[20:55] | I’m finally ready to be a father to you. I know that now. | 我做好当爸爸的心理准备了 我非常确定 |
[20:58] | I don’t go in for another two years. | 我只去两年 |
[21:01] | Well, as your father, can I sign something? | 作为你的爸爸 我需要签什么吗 |
[21:03] | And George, Sr finds out that a fake Pope Mobile… | 老George发现假防弹车 |
[21:06] | See you in hell! | 见鬼去吧你 |
[21:11] | can’t stop real bullets. | 不能防真子弹 |
[21:13] | Thank God I wasn’t in the Humvee. | 谢天谢地不是在悍马里 |