时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:19] | Michael Bluth hadjust been stunned to discover… | Michael Bluth惊讶地发现了 |
[00:21] | that a contract his company was counting on was being cut back. | 他公司指望的合同被削减了 |
[00:25] | You initially told us to | 你之前告诉我们 |
[00:27] | design and build 22 homes. Now you’re saying 18. | 设计和建造22套房子 现在你说只建18套 |
[00:30] | That doesn’t give us enough capital to complete the job. | 这样我们没有足够的资金完工 |
[00:32] | And we’ve already got the blueprints drawn up and everything. | 而且我们已经画好了设计图了 |
[00:34] | Well, that part wasn’t true. But they would’ve. | 其实设计图还没画好 不过他们应该要画好的 |
[00:38] | That was a very important phone call. | 这个电话好重要的 |
[00:39] | I don’t have much time, Michael. | 我没时间了 Michael |
[00:41] | Tobias is about to walk in here any minute asking for a job. | Tobias将要进来向你要一份工作 |
[00:43] | I need you to hire him. | 我要你请他 |
[00:45] | – Hi. I’m sor- – Look, it isn’t my idea, it’s his. | – 你好 不好意 – 听着 这不是我的主意 是他的 |
[00:48] | But I need a break from Mrs. Featherbottom. | 但我要摆脱Featherbottom太太 |
[00:50] | Since moving out, Tobias had | 自从Tobias搬了出来之后 |
[00:52] | been pretending to be a British housekeeper… | 他一直假扮一个英国女管家 |
[00:55] | as a way to be close to his family. | 以接近他的家人 |
[00:57] | However, his desire to now be | 但是 他想要让家人揭穿的做法 |
[00:59] | discovered as himself was becoming bothersome. | 越来越令人反感 |
[01:02] | Can’t you just tell him you know that he’s Mrs. Featherbottom? | 你就不能告诉他你已经知道他是Featherbottom太太吗 |
[01:04] | No. She’s the only one who can hand wash my delicates. | 不行 只有”她”可以手洗我的名牌衣服 |
[01:07] | Yeah, the real Tobias wouldn’t do that. | 是啊 真的那个Tobias不会那么做的 |
[01:09] | – Wouldn’t do what? – Be Michael’s assistant. | – 不会做什么 – 做Michael的助理 |
[01:12] | Well, that’s what I came down here to ask about. | 这正是我来这里的目的 |
[01:15] | I think you’ll find me more than qualified. | 你会发现我十分够格做你的助理的 |
[01:17] | It’s really not that simple. Uh, you’d have to submit a resume? | 实际上没那么简单的 首先你要交一份简历 |
[01:20] | Booyah! | 有了 |
[01:24] | – Wow. Gobias Industries. – Gobias. | – 哇 奔忙买公司 – 是帮忙买 |
[01:26] | – Right. I remember, yeah. – As in “Go buy us a cup of-“ | – 对 我记得 – 跟”帮忙买杯” |
[01:28] | It looks like you might be a little too qualified. | 你太厉害了 我们高攀不起 |
[01:31] | Hang on. Why don’t you let your new assistant take all this down? | 等一下 要不让我这个新助理记下这些东西吧 |
[01:36] | Wow, you are gung ho. | 哇 你还真起劲 |
[01:38] | You’re getting a new assistant? | 你请了个新助理 |
[01:39] | Is this because the order was cut back? | 是因为订单被削减了的原因吗 |
[01:41] | No. But if you are concerned about keeping your job… | 不是 但如果你还想保住你的工作的话 |
[01:43] | focus on keeping unwanted visitors out of my office. | 就不要让闲杂人等进来我的办公室 |
[01:46] | I have rabies, Michael. You know that. | 我有狂犬病 Michael 你很清楚这一点 |
[01:48] | Today was day four of my shots. | 今天是我打针的第四天 |
[01:50] | Starla had been bitten by… | Starla被一个 |
[01:52] | a well-known music producer’s guard dog. | 知名音乐人的狗咬了 |
[01:57] | Michael, Starla told us about the cutback. | Michael Starla给我们说了削减订单的事 |
[02:00] | You know, a lot of our overhead is tied up in the fact… | 其实我们的日常管理费是很紧张的 |
[02:02] | we are on the top floor of a very expensive building. | 因为我们办公室在一栋贵得要死的大厦的顶楼 |
[02:04] | – If we move just one floor lower- – Ted, everything’s fine. | – 如果我们搬到下一层的话 – Ted 没事的 |
[02:07] | I got it all under control, and nobody needs to move. | 我会处理好的了 我们也不需搬 |
[02:10] | – I’m sorry. Ted, is it? – Yes. | – 不好意思 Ted 是吧 – 是的 |
[02:13] | Ted. Did Ted make an appointment? | Ted 你预约了吗 |
[02:15] | – No, I just work down the hall and- – No. | – 没有 我直接过来 – 没有 |
[02:17] | Well, then, Ted can get the hell out of this office! | 那 Ted 你可以滚出这个办公室了 |
[02:20] | – I’m talking- – You get the hell out! | – 我是说 – 快点滚出去 |
[02:23] | – And that’s how you keep out unwanted visitors. – Thank you. | – 这就是你阻止闲杂人等的方法 – 谢谢 |
[02:26] | Although, if I may, let me take off my assistant skirt… | 但是 请让我先脱下助理的裙子 |
[02:30] | And put on my Barbra Streisand in | 穿上<潮浪王子>里头主角芭芭拉·史翠珊 |
[02:32] | The Prince of Tides ass-masking therapist pantsuit. | 那套心理医生的衣服再跟你说话吧 |
[02:36] | – What? – The reason that you can’t accept my help… | – 什么 – 你不想接受我的帮助的原因 |
[02:39] | Is the same reason you can’t hear that gentleman’s idea- | 跟你不想听那位先生的意见的原因是一样的 |
[02:42] | Because you have to be in total control of everything. | 因为你要掌控一切事情 |
[02:45] | And it’s going to make you sick if you can’t let go. | 如果你不能放手的话你就会很难受 |
[02:48] | – Hey, I’m fine. – Oh? | – 嘿 我没事 – 噢 |
[02:50] | Oh! Ooh! – See? He’s right. You’ve got a control problem. | 看到了么 他说的没错 你的确是控制狂 |
[02:54] | But I know this Eastern medicine store, Ancient Chinese Secret. | 我知道有一家在东区叫”古老中国秘密”的药店 |
[02:57] | Ancient Chinese Secret, huh? | 古老中国秘密 |
[02:59] | I sent Gob there for his migraines. | 我介绍过Gob去那里治偏头痛 |
[03:01] | It’s just a cramp. I’m fine. | 只是抽筋而已 没事的 |
[03:03] | In fact, Gob was at Ancient Chinese Secret at that moment… | 实际上 Gob当时就在”古老中国秘密” |
[03:06] | But not for a migraine. – Yeah, | 但不是去治偏头痛 |
[03:08] | I need a tea to give my dingle less tingle. | 我要买那种喝了之后让我很厉害的茶 |
[03:12] | Me quick, want slow. Wait, that’s Indian. | 我射很快 但想慢点 不对 那是跟印度人交流 |
[03:15] | Tea for dong. | 壮阳茶一剂 |
[03:19] | – Sweet blade. – It’s the Sword of Destiny. | – 好帅的剑啊 – 那是”命运之剑” |
[03:22] | It’s full of ancient magic. | 充满了古老的魔法 |
[03:23] | Oh, yeah? You into magic? | 是吗 你很喜欢魔法 |
[03:27] | Still, where’d the lighter fluid come from? | 不知道哪来的打火机油吧 |
[03:30] | – So, is it for sale? I could use it in my act. – Maybe. | – 卖不卖 我可以用来表演魔术 – 或许吧 |
[03:32] | Sword of Destiny hundreds of years old. | “命运之剑”已经有几百年历史了 |
[03:36] | Come with ancient story of warning and- | 它有着古老而具有警示的传说 |
[03:38] | Yeah, I make up my own patter. Just ring it up with the dong tea. | 故事我自己编就好了 和壮阳茶一起包起来 |
[03:41] | And Gob caught up with Michael. | 然后Gob追上了Michael |
[03:43] | Michael. Been lookin’ for you. | Michael 我在找你呢 |
[03:45] | Looks like you’re looking for dragons, in the future. | 比较像是找怪兽呢 还是未来怪兽 |
[03:49] | I wouldn’t mock the Sword of Destiny, Michael. | 最好不要嘲弄”命运之剑” Michael |
[03:52] | Careful with that, Gob. | Gob 小心点 |
[03:54] | – Bleeding? – Nope. | – 流血了吗 – 没 |
[03:57] | Yeah, that’s blood. It’ll get better before the show. | 是的 那是血 剑术到表演时会精进的 |
[03:59] | That’s what I need you for, Michael. | 所以我需要你帮忙 Michael |
[04:01] | I can’t perform my illusion at the Gothic Castle… | 我被魔术师联盟踢了 |
[04:03] | Because I’ve been banned from the Magicians’ Alliance. | 所以我不能在”哥特城堡”表演幻术 |
[04:05] | I need you to register as the magician, | 我要你注册成为魔术师 |
[04:08] | And I’m the lowly assistant. | 而我就是你卑微的助手 |
[04:10] | Then we get on the stage, | 然后我们上台表演 |
[04:11] | And you ram the Sword of Destiny into my belly. | 你把”命运之剑”插在我的肚子里 |
[04:14] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[04:15] | Really picked up steam there at the end | 我觉得到时观众一定很热烈的 但我帮不了你 |
[04:16] | But I can’t.I’ve gotta teach George Michael how to drive. | 我还要教George Michael学开车呢 |
[04:18] | And then I gotta get right back here, because- | 然后我得赶回来 因为 |
[04:20] | Michael, if I make this comeback… | Michael 如果这次回归演出成功 |
[04:21] | I’ll buy you 100 George Michaels you can teach to drive! | 我给你买100个George Michael让你教他们开车 |
[04:24] | – You’re losing blood, aren’t you? – Probably. My socks are wet. | – 你失血过多了吧 – 也许吧 我的袜子都湿了 |
[04:27] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:29] | You’ll be sorry! Wait, that doesn’t work after his line. | 你会后悔的 等一下 这接不上他那句 |
[04:32] | And Michael rushed home to teach his son to drive. | Michael赶回家去教他儿子开车 |
[04:35] | Knock, knock. Hey, Maeby. George Michael, ready to drive? | 嘿 Maeby George Michael 准备好了吗 |
[04:38] | – I don’t have much time. – Get me behind that wheel. | – 我没多少时间了 – 我等不及操作方向盘了 |
[04:41] | Oh, no, you will not be behind the wheel. | 噢 不 你不能操作方向盘 |
[04:43] | You’ll observe me while I demonstrate some things, okay? | 你要看着我操作 懂吗 |
[04:45] | I’ll be quizzing you too, hotshot. | 还会有提问 高手 |
[04:47] | I’m gonna go grab the video camera. | 我去拿摄像机 |
[04:48] | – And then, school’s in. – I’d skip. | – 然后 学起来吧 – 要我我就不去 |
[04:51] | Well, no, I need to learn. | 不行 我要去学 |
[04:53] | You can’t get around anywhere without a driver’s license. | 毕竟没有驾照的话哪都去不了 |
[04:56] | Actually, Maeby had | 事实上 Maeby |
[04:57] | Received a company car from the movie studio… | 在她装作电影制片人的那家 |
[05:00] | where she was secretly posing as an executive. | 工作室那儿得到了一台公司专用车 |
[05:10] | But currently, George Sr. was in the attic making a videotape- | 但当Michael找到老George的时候 |
[05:16] | – This is my demand. – When Michael found him. | – 这就是我的要求 – 他正在阁楼拍视频 |
[05:19] | What’s the deal with the turban? | 干嘛包着头巾 |
[05:21] | Huh? Pretty smart, huh? | 看 聪明吧 |
[05:24] | – And-And it’s warm too. – Guess that makes sense. | – 而且很暖 – 看来还真是 |
[05:27] | Oh, hey, I heard about that reduced order. Those bastards. | 我听说改订单的消息了 那些兔崽子 |
[05:31] | This videotape is for our employees. | 这录像是给我们的员工看的 |
[05:33] | You take this and play it. | 你拿着这个 然后播给大家看 |
[05:35] | This will reassure them that someone is in charge. | 这个会让他们知道公司还是有人管的 |
[05:39] | Well, someone is in charge, Dad. | 是有人在管啊 爸 |
[05:40] | I’m in charge. I’ve never even taken a sick day. | 我就是管事的人 我连病假都没请过 |
[05:42] | No, a real authority. | 不 一个真正的权威人士 |
[05:44] | My presence needs to be, uh, reinstated. | 我要恢复我的地位 |
[05:47] | His first effort at doing so had already failed. | 他第一次尝试已经失败了 |
[05:50] | When do you start being my mole at my company? | 你什么时候可以进公司做我的线人 |
[05:52] | Actually, Michael turned me down for the job. | 实际上 Michael拒绝了我为他工作的要求 |
[05:55] | What? | 什么 |
[05:55] | Something to do with their housing order being cut back. | 因为他们的建房订单被削减了 |
[05:58] | Oh, my God, that’s a horrible sign- Ow! Damn it! | 老天 那是个不好的预兆 噢 该死的 |
[06:03] | I’m the authority, so I will save the company. | 我就是个权威人士 我可以救回公司的 |
[06:06] | And I say no videotape. Ooh! | 我不需要录像 |
[06:09] | You oughta take a sick day. | 你要请病假了 |
[06:11] | – Get out of that office. – Don’t count on it, Dad. | – 不要工作了 – 别妄想了 老爸 |
[06:13] | And Michael was finally ready to make his son watch him drive. | 然后Michael终于让他儿子观摩他开车了 |
[06:17] | All right, stair car basics. | 好的 关于梯车的基本常识 |
[06:18] | In order to get this thing up to a minimum speed… | 要把这家伙开到最低速度的话 |
[06:21] | You gotta jam on the gas pedal for about a minute, okay? | 你要踩着油门一分钟不放开 懂吗 |
[06:24] | But in order to slow this thing down… | 但如果想要减速的话 |
[06:25] | You gotta get almost immediately back on the brake pedal… | 你要立马踩刹车 |
[06:28] | ‘Cause you got about two tons of stairs behind you. | 因为后面差不多两吨重的楼梯加大了惯性 |
[06:30] | We’re gonna cover the hydraulic flaps and the riser system… | 我要告诉你怎么逃避搭便车的基本方法 |
[06:33] | After I tell you the basics about how to avoid a hop-on. | 然后我们再讲一下液压机翼还有升降系统 |
[06:35] | But the first thing we’re gonna go over- Ow! | 首先我们要复习的是 |
[06:39] | And that’s when Michael | 之后Michael就觉得 |
[06:40] | Decided that perhaps it was time for a sick day. | 或许他真的要请病假了 |
[06:43] | Let’s go over the route to the hospital. Ow! | 咱们先复习到医院的路怎么走 |
[06:46] | My baby is sick, but Mother is here to nurse you. | 我的宝贝儿子病了 妈妈过来照顾你了 |
[06:50] | Well, now I’m a little sicker. | 现在我觉得更加不舒服了 |
[06:52] | Well, don’t you worry about work today. | 你不用担心工作了今天 |
[06:54] | I am ready and willing to step up and take over. | 我准备好接替你了 |
[06:57] | Yeah, and I’ll get George Michael ready for his driving test. | 是的 我会帮George Michael准备驾驶考试 |
[07:00] | No, no, no. I’m gonna teach him when I get out. | 不 我出院后再教他的 |
[07:02] | And no one’s taking over for me at the Bluth Company. | 并且没人要接管布鲁斯公司 |
[07:04] | Michael, this is what we talked about. | Michael 这是我们说好的了 |
[07:06] | I’m sure they’ll do just fine without you. | 我相信你不在他们一样可以照常工作的 |
[07:09] | Well, you’re wrong, because we’re in crisis there. | 那你错了 因为我们公司陷入了危机中 |
[07:11] | They need to know that I’m in charge and I’m in con- | 员工们需要知道我掌控着一切 |
[07:14] | I’m peeing. Am I peeing? | 我在撒尿 我是在撒尿吗 |
[07:16] | I’m sorry. We gave you a little something to relax you. | 不好意思 我们给了些药让你放松下来 |
[07:19] | It may have taken the tingle out of your genitals. | 那些药会让你感觉不到生殖器的刺痛 |
[07:21] | Oh, no. You’re not taking care of my son. | 噢 不 你不准给我儿子治病 |
[07:24] | I’m sorry to say this | 很遗憾告诉你们 |
[07:25] | But it’s too late for me to do anything for your son. | 现在我什么都做不了了 |
[07:29] | Let him keep talking. | 让他继续说 |
[07:30] | Because Dr. Stein here has already been assigned to his case. | 因为Stein医生是你的主治医生了 |
[07:34] | – You’re lucky. He’s the best. – Well, only in the county. | – 你很幸运 他是最好的 – 只是镇里最好的而已 |
[07:38] | But I’m certainly good enough to take out that appendix of yours. | 但足够让我帮你切除阑尾了 |
[07:41] | – Appendix? – I don’t buy it. Could be a hernia. | – 阑尾 – 我不相信 可能是氙气 |
[07:44] | Or it could be your colon. | 又或者可能是结肠的问题 |
[07:46] | I’d want to get in there and find some answers. | 我真想进去里面一探究竟 |
[07:49] | Well, I am the best doctor in the state. | 我是全国最好的医生 |
[07:51] | But if you don’t trust my decisions- | 但你们如果不相信我的诊断的话 |
[07:53] | No, no, no. No. You’re the doctor. | 不不不 你是医生 |
[07:55] | You see, he’s the authority here. | 你们看到了吗 他是这里的权威人士 |
[07:56] | We need to respect him | 我们要尊重他 |
[07:57] | Just like the employees at the Bluth Company need to respect me. | 就像公司里的员工要尊重我一样 |
[08:01] | Okay, I’m going to put you | 好的 我要把你跟这台机器连起来 |
[08:02] | On this machine to slow down your heart rate. | 以减缓你的心跳速率 |
[08:05] | Hopefully not too slow, | 希望不要跳得太慢 |
[08:07] | because it’s already dangerously slow as it is. | 因为现在已经慢得很危险了 |
[08:10] | Whatever you think, Doctor. | 悉随尊便 大夫 |
[08:13] | Meanwhile, Gob was still trying to arrange his comeback in magic. | 与此同时 Gob还在为他的出山之作做准备 |
[08:17] | So I’d be a magician and you’d be my assistant? | 那我来做魔术师 而你是我的助手 |
[08:19] | Well, on paper, yes. | 书面上是这样的 |
[08:21] | But once the show starts, | 但节目开始之后 |
[08:22] | And you ram that sword through my belly… | 你用剑刺穿我肚子的时候 |
[08:25] | People will know that I’m | 人们就会知道 |
[08:27] | the one who belongs back in the Alliance. | 我才是那个应该回归联盟里的魔术师 |
[08:28] | The kind of trick that I can put on a DVD, like Tony Wonder does. | 那种可以制成DVD的魔术 像Tony Wonder一样 |
[08:31] | Tony Wonder had startled the world | Tony Wonder把他自己放进 |
[08:34] | By baking himself into a loaf of bread. | 一块面包里烘烤的魔术震惊了全球 |
[08:36] | He sold the DVD’s of it on his Web site… | 他在网上卖这个魔术的DVD |
[08:39] | – Which many claimed suffered due to its pop-up ads. – Thanks. | – 但人们都说受不了网站的弹出广告 – 谢谢 |
[08:43] | I’m finally being treated like a real person, | 我终于被当人看待了 |
[08:45] | not some deformed- | 而不是怪胎 |
[08:46] | Ah! Hook! Forgot about that thing, Elephant Man. | 啊 钩子 我差点忘了这玩意 象人 |
[08:50] | Gonna have to figure out | 要想个办法 |
[08:50] | Something to do so that people can look at you… | 让观众看着你但是又不会 |
[08:52] | Without wanting to kill themselves. | 让他们难受得想要自杀呢 |
[08:54] | That night, George Sr. heard about Michael’s illness. | 当天晚上 老George得知了Michael的病情 |
[08:58] | The employees are gonna panic. | 公司的员工会很恐慌的 |
[08:59] | They need to know that someone’s in control. | 他们得知道公司有个管事的人 |
[09:01] | – And how do we do that? – Booyah! | – 那我们怎么做呢 – 看这个 |
[09:05] | And at the Gothic Castle… | 在哥特城堡那边 |
[09:07] | Buster had been outfitted | Buster装上了 |
[09:08] | with a mechanical Halloween hand. – Whoa! | 万圣节用的机械手 |
[09:10] | Looks like you’ve got some dirty ears. | 看来你耳朵不太干净哦 |
[09:14] | Well, you’re not on the banned list, so you can go on at 6:00. | 你没在黑名单上 你可以在六点钟表演 |
[09:16] | Six? Looks like you’ll be my opener. | 六点钟 看来你是我的开场嘉宾 |
[09:19] | Tony Wonder Tony Wonder! | |
[09:32] | You like bread? | 喜欢吃面包吗 |
[09:33] | – Yeah. – Have some. | – 喜欢 – 来点 |
[09:35] | – Wow, it’s warm. – How did you do that? | – 哇 还是热的呢 – 你怎么能做到的 |
[09:38] | Oh, ho, ho. Magicians only. | 噢噢噢 只能跟同行说 |
[09:42] | I folded it up into some squares, | 我把面包对折起来 |
[09:44] | and I put it in a pouch under my shirt… | 然后放在衬衣里面的袋子里 |
[09:45] | and then I pull it out, | 最后把它拿出来 |
[09:45] | and I make it look like it came out of my skin. | 看起来就像是从我皮里掰出来一样 |
[09:47] | – Wow, that sounds easy. – Keep it to yourself. | – 哇 听上去很简单 – 不要跟别人说哦 |
[09:50] | And good luck up there tonight. | 今晚表演顺利 |
[09:52] | And you! You’ll get there someday. | 还有你 有一天你也能做到的 |
[09:53] | I started out as a little “W.” Somehow I became a big one. | 我刚开始也是小喽啰 后来我就出名了 |
[09:56] | I don’t even know how it happened. All right? | 我也不知道我自己怎么做到的 |
[10:03] | My eye! | 我的眼睛 |
[10:09] | Enjoy the Hanukkah cookie, man. | 享受你的光明节曲奇吧 兄弟 |
[10:14] | What a cool guy. | 好牛的人啊 |
[10:20] | Tobias had been sent to the office by George Sr. | 老George让Tobias去了公司 |
[10:23] | My name is Dr. Tobias Funke and I’ll be filling in for Michael, | 我是Tobias Funke医生 将代替Michael管理公司 |
[10:25] | who is not sick. | 他并没有生病 |
[10:27] | In fact, just today I saw a sliver of his buttocks… | 其实今天我才见过他那 |
[10:31] | and they’re as fresh and | 像佐治亚鲜桃一样 |
[10:32] | firm as a Georgia peach, so not to worry. | 粉嫩和结实的小屁屁 所以不用担心 |
[10:35] | But before you all rise up and say, | 但在你们站起来高呼 |
[10:37] | “Well, let’s make this man our leader,” | “你做我们的领袖吧”之前 |
[10:39] | well, I think that won’t be necessary after you see this. | 看完这个之后 你们大可不必这么做 |
[10:44] | Is this right? | 这么放对吗 |
[10:44] | Meanwhile, Lindsay had also violated Michael’s authority… | 与此同时 Linsay教George Michael开车 |
[10:48] | and was teaching George Michael to drive. | 也破坏了Michael的威信 |
[10:50] | Are you sure you don’t want me to watch you for a while? | 你确定我不用先看一下你怎么开车的吗 |
[10:52] | Driving is about confidence, George Michael. | 开车最重要的是信心 George Michael |
[10:54] | Jam on it! It feels great, right? | 踩油门 感觉很好是吧 |
[10:57] | Now, put your foot on the brake. There’s a light in a half mile. | 踩一下刹车 前方半英里有个红绿灯 |
[11:00] | Meanwhile, Buster and Gob had begun… | 与此同时 Buster和Gob |
[11:03] | the Sword of Destiny illusion at the Gothic Castle. | 在哥特城堡里开始了”命运之剑”幻术的表演 |
[11:15] | Stop it, Buster. | 停下来 Buster |
[11:17] | – And now our magic trick. – Illusion. | – 接下来看我们的魔术 – 是幻术 |
[11:19] | Silence, slave! | 闭嘴 奴隶 |
[11:21] | In this magic trick, I’m going to put a sword… | 在这个魔术中 我要把剑 |
[11:25] | through my assistant’s tummy. – No patter. | – 插进我的助手的肚子里 – 别剧透 |
[11:29] | May I have the trick sword, please? | 把道具剑拿来吧 |
[11:32] | It’s a real sword, master. | 那是把真剑 主人 |
[11:42] | – Ooh! Hoo, hoo, hoo! – We’ve got ’em. | -噢噢噢 – 吸引到观众了 |
[11:44] | I’m gonna milk this for a minute. | 我再来添点料 |
[11:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:55] | My hand! My hand! | 我的手 我的手 |
[12:07] | And the audience wasn’t | 不只台下的观众 |
[12:08] | the only one impressed by the performance. | 被他们的表演震撼到 |
[12:10] | Bravo. Hey, give us a sec, would you, Candida? | 太棒了 让我们单独聊聊 Candida |
[12:17] | My brother’s widow. It’s- up. | 我哥哥的遗孀 [哔]透了 |
[12:19] | Hey, so the accident angle. Right on. | 插进去的角度 刚刚好 |
[12:23] | – Oh, thank you, very much. – No, thank you. | – 噢 非常感谢 – 不 是我谢你 |
[12:25] | The “How’d he do dats?” Ate it up. | “大惊小怪们”都乐疯了 |
[12:27] | Sorry. That’s what we call the audience. | 不好意思 我们这么称呼观众的 |
[12:29] | No, l-I know- I know about all that. Used to have a solo act. | 我懂的 我以前也试过一个人表演 |
[12:32] | There was talk of boiling me into a bisque at one point. | 曾经有个”把我煮成浓汤”魔法轰动一时 |
[12:34] | Not registering. But you hitched your wagon to the right star. | 没印象 你找对人帮忙了 |
[12:38] | I want you guys on my next DVD. | 我想让你们出现在我的下张DVD |
[12:40] | You want us for Use Your Illusion? | 你是说<运用你的幻想>吗 |
[12:41] | Actually, some band has got the rights to that title. | 事实上 有个乐队用了这个名字了 |
[12:44] | So, I’m thinkin’, like, Use Your Illusion II. | 我在想改用<运用你的幻想2> |
[12:46] | But, yeah, meet me out there tomorrow. | 明天在那里等我吧 |
[12:48] | And, uh, if you get thirsty- | 还有 如果你们渴了的话 |
[12:58] | Have a free round of drinks, courtesy of Tony Wonder. | 去喝杯免费饮料吧 由Tony Wonder提供 |
[13:04] | – It’s a Subway Sub Club card. – That’s a magician. | – 是赛百味的积分卡 – 那才是真正的魔术师 |
[13:08] | Oh, it still needs three stamps. | 噢 还需要盖三个章 |
[13:10] | Michael had just come around from his appendectomy. | Michael刚从阑尾切除手术中醒来 |
[13:13] | Give me the phone. I want | 那电话给我 |
[13:13] | to call George Michael, tell him I’m okay. | 我想打电话给George Michael报平安 |
[13:15] | He’s on his way here. We passed him on the road. | 他正在来的路上了 我们帮他通过了考试 |
[13:17] | He was doing really well. Had his first hop-on. | 他表现得很出色 还第一次让人搭了便车 |
[13:21] | What are you talking about? He’s driving? | 你在说什么 他开车了 |
[13:22] | I told Lindsay not to teach him. | 我都叫了Lindsay不要教他了 |
[13:24] | I was going to videotape that hop-on. | 我还想拍下这个过程的 |
[13:26] | Hey, Dad. How’re you feeling? | 老爸 感觉怎么样 |
[13:27] | Bad, George Michael. I just | 不好 George Michael |
[13:28] | found out Lindsay’s teaching you how to drive. | 我知道了Lindsay教你开车了 |
[13:30] | Yeah. She’s still trying to get | 是啊 她正忙着把梯子 |
[13:31] | the stairs unwedged from the emergency room overhang. | 从急诊室的门梁上拔出来呢 |
[13:34] | I was gonna teach you. You know that. | 你知道 本来应该是我教你的 |
[13:36] | Justforget everything she told you, and we’ll start over. | 把她教你的东西都忘了 我要重新教 |
[13:38] | Oh, for God’s sake. Tobias is right. | 看在老天的份上 Tobias说得没错 |
[13:39] | – What? – You have to control everyone’s life. | – 什么 – 你要操纵所有人的生活 |
[13:42] | I don’t know where you get that from. | 都不知道你从谁身上遗传下来的 |
[13:43] | Oscar, stop licking that sore. | Oscar 不要再舔你的伤口了 |
[13:45] | – I’m not. – Well, the operation went pretty smoothly. | – 人家哪有 – 手术很成功 |
[13:49] | But once I got in there, the appendix wasn’t so inflamed. D’oh. | 但我开进去后发现阑尾没有发炎 啊哦 |
[13:54] | – I knew it. – Okay. Well, can we get me out of here? | – 我就知道 – 好吧 我可以出院了吗 |
[13:56] | I gotta retrain my son how to drive, | 我要重新教我儿子如何开车 |
[13:58] | and I need to stop by the office… | 然后去一下公司 |
[14:00] | to make sure my business doesn’t go to hell. | 确保我的生意没有变成一塌糊涂 |
[14:01] | And, not so fast, Michael. | 别那么急 Michael |
[14:03] | There seems to be a bacterial infection from the operation… | 这次手术可能造成了细菌感染 |
[14:06] | which left an abscess in your abdominal wall. | 而且在你腹壁上留下了个脓疮 |
[14:10] | I know, it’s pretty gross. It could heal on its own. | 是挺恶心的 但它会自动愈合的 |
[14:13] | But I say we go in there Dr. Stein-style and cut it out. | 但我想用Stein医生式的方法切除它 |
[14:18] | I want to show these interns | 让这些实习生领略一下 |
[14:19] | what the best doctor in Southern California can do. | 南加州最佳医生的真功夫 |
[14:23] | – Well, I respect your decision. – I’ll check on you soon. | – 我尊重你的决定 – 我先帮你检查一下 |
[14:25] | Michael, this crazy point you’re | Michael 这样子来证明 |
[14:28] | trying to make about respecting authority is absurd. | 尊重权威的做法实在是太荒谬了 |
[14:31] | And one day, you’re gonna wake up | 总有一天 你会发现 |
[14:32] | and find out it has caused you nothing but trouble. | 这样子做只会对你有害无益 |
[14:35] | And you are peeing again. | 你现在又在撒尿了 |
[14:37] | And as the anesthesia took hold… | 麻药渐渐发挥作用 |
[14:39] | Michael realized he was going to wake up to nothing but trouble. | Michael意识到他这么做真的有害无益 |
[14:43] | The F.B.I. has pinpointed the | 联邦调查局已经锁定了George Bluth |
[14:44] | location of escaped convict George Bluth today… | 逃狱后躲藏的位置 |
[14:47] | thanks to a tape turned in by a rabid and disgruntled employee. | 多亏了一个患狂犬病 对公司不满的员工 |
[14:52] | The F.B.I. has matched the design of the attic | 联邦调查局将萨达姆在伊拉克的房子中的阁楼 |
[14:55] | to one of Saddam Hussein’s Iraqi houses. | 与之对照 发现完全吻合 |
[14:58] | – And it appears his son is with him. – This is my demand. | – 似乎他儿子也在 – 这是我的要求 |
[15:02] | Booyah! | 抓到你了 |
[15:08] | Buster and Gob were waiting to meet with Tony Wonder. | Buster和Gob在等着跟Tony Wonder见面 |
[15:12] | All right. He’s gonna lowball us, | 好了 他会压我们价的 |
[15:13] | so just let me do the talking, all right, Busty? | 所以让我谈就好了 行吗 Busty |
[15:16] | This DVD is the destiny the sword has chosen for me. | 这DVD是命运之剑帮我选择的 |
[15:19] | I wonder where he is. | 我想知道他在哪 |
[15:22] | Did somebody say, “Wonder”? | 是不是有人说”惊叹”了 |
[15:25] | He just appeared out of nowhere, | 他就在那上菜架 |
[15:28] | in front of that dumbwaiter. | 前面凭空出现了 |
[15:30] | Actually, he’d been hiding | 其实 他在上菜架里面 |
[15:31] | inside the dumbwaiter for over 20 minutes… | 待了超过二十分钟 |
[15:34] | waiting for someone to | 等着有人说 |
[15:35] | use the word “Wonder.” – I wonder where he is. | – “惊叹” – 我想知道他在哪 |
[15:38] | Oh, hey, you’ve got a piece of lettuce on your shoulder. | 嘿 你肩膀上有片菜叶 |
[15:41] | Ta-da! | 惊喜吧 |
[15:43] | Part of the trick. So, let’s get down to business, shall we? | 这是魔术的一部分 咱们来谈生意吧 好吗 |
[15:47] | Hey, can you, uh, go wait with the other assistants over there? | 你可以去跟那边的助手们一起等吗 |
[15:50] | – What? – No, whatever you say to me, you can say to him. | – 什么 – 不 要说什么都跟他说 |
[15:53] | I grant him magic sanctuary. | 我授予了他”魔法圣地”的称号 |
[15:57] | Uh, you grant me? Come on, you can’t just make up- – That’s fine. | – 你授予我 得了吧 你不能乱编 – 没事 |
[16:00] | I second the sanctuary. But with a clause of silence. | 我同意了 但有一个条件 不要说话 |
[16:04] | So, I want you guys to be on Use Your Illusion. | 我想让你们进<运用你的幻想> |
[16:06] | Only now it’s “Allusion” With an “A.” | 只不过我们改成<运用你的典故> |
[16:08] | So if you guys want to put an allusion in there somewhere… | 所以如果你们想要插入个什么典故的话 |
[16:11] | like, you know, Poe or | 像 爱伦坡啊 |
[16:12] | something or- Don’t do Poe, ’cause I’m doin’ Poe. | 或者其他 不要用爱伦坡 因为我要用 |
[16:14] | – What about Chaucer? – Just not Poe, okay? | – 乔叟怎么样 – 不是爱伦坡就行 |
[16:16] | And, uh, I don’t think we need, uh, your assistant. | 还有 我们不需要你的助手了 |
[16:21] | – What? – Eh! Clause of silence. | – 什么 – 不要说话 |
[16:24] | Look, my assistant is my partner. I need him. | 听着 我的助手是我的搭档 我需要他 |
[16:29] | For what, Buster, huh? You’re the magic. | 需要他干嘛 Buster 你才是魔术师 |
[16:33] | Check out those moves you’re doin’, man. | 看看你在台上的表演 |
[16:35] | They’re in their own orbit. | 是那么的信手拈来 |
[16:36] | Look at Tiagra, my girl. Don’t look at her. | 看看Tiagra 我的女朋友 不要看她 |
[16:38] | ‘Cause you look at her and it affects | 因为你看了她后 对她造成影响 |
[16:40] | her in a way that I don’t feel comfortable with. | 让我觉得很不自在 |
[16:42] | Or go for it. I don’t care, | 你还是看吧 我不在乎了 |
[16:43] | whatever. I’m just sayin’ it’s your world. | 我意思是 魔术就是你的世界 |
[16:44] | All right, you know what? The trick is on you, Tony Wonder. | 够了 我们成功忽悠到你了 Tony Wonder |
[16:47] | I’m the magician. He’s the assistant. | 我才是魔术师 他是助手 |
[16:50] | We don’t need him! | 我们不需要的是他 |
[16:52] | The real Sword of Destiny | 真正的”命运之剑” |
[16:53] | trick hasn’t even been performed yet. Ta-da! | 还没正式表演呢 惊喜吧 |
[16:58] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[16:59] | Are you tellin’ me that you | 你是说你的魔术是多阶段的 |
[17:01] | have a multi-stage trick with hidden identities? | 而且还有多重隐秘身份吗 |
[17:03] | That’s right. And I’m | 正是 |
[17:04] | gonna perform the real trick this afternoon. | 而且今天下午我们要表演真正的魔术 |
[17:08] | – I guess we’ll see what you can do then. – I guess we will. | – 那到时我们再看看你的表现 – 看来是这样的了 |
[17:17] | Ow! Darryl, I told you to move that- chair 10 times! | Darryl 跟你说了很多次搬开那[哔]椅子了 |
[17:22] | And clean the- Dumbwaiter while you’re at it! | 还有清一下那[哔]的上菜架 |
[17:25] | Oh, I was really hoping for a graham cracker. | 噢 我还以为他会变出个全麦饼干呢 |
[17:28] | That would have been a good spot for a trick. | 那会是个很吸引人的魔术呢 |
[17:30] | – Michael awoke from his second surgery. – Morning, sleepyhead. | – Michael从他第二次手术中苏醒过来 – 早上好 懒虫 |
[17:32] | – Did you get the abscess? – Well, uh, we had a little whoopsie. | – 你把那脓疮切除了吗 – 我们出了个小小的意外 |
[17:36] | See, we got the abscess, | 脓疮是切了 |
[17:37] | but I think we might have left some snippers in there. | 但貌似把剪刀落在你肚子里了 |
[17:40] | It’s not very likely, but one of | 可能性没有很大啦 |
[17:42] | the assistants having taken them is even less likely. | 但是被另一个助手拿走的可能性更小 |
[17:45] | – Unless I left them in my scrubs. – Michael, | – 或许只是把剪刀留在手术袍上了 – Michael |
[17:49] | good news. | 好消息 |
[17:50] | They think George is in Iraq. All the pressure’s off him. | 他们以为你爸在伊拉克 这样他就没事了 |
[17:54] | That was on the news? I thought that I dreamt that. | 是真的啊 我以为是我做梦而已 |
[17:57] | – Oh, they’re gonna think that I’m there. Ow! – But not to worry. | – 噢 他们会以为我在那儿 – 但不用担心 |
[18:00] | Tobias said he’s handling it with the F.B. I… | Tobias说他正在跟联邦调查局交涉 |
[18:02] | and the employees have everything under control. | 公司的员工已经把公司的事处理好了 |
[18:05] | No, that’s the worst thing possible. | 不 那才是最糟糕的事 |
[18:07] | They think the company’s in trouble and that I’m in Iraq. | 他们以为公司不行了 还以为我在伊拉克 |
[18:09] | I gotta get down there. I need your car keys. | 我要去一趟公司 车钥匙给我 |
[18:11] | And so Michael and George Michael headed to the office. | 就这样Michael和George Michael往公司赶 |
[18:14] | – Right here, gentlemen. – Which is how Tobias missed him. | – 就在这里 – Tobias就这样跟他擦身而过 |
[18:16] | Michael Bluth is not | Michael Bluth并没有在 |
[18:19] | in Iraq. | 伊拉克 |
[18:22] | Michael, back to bed with you. You look awful. | Michael 快点上床吧 你看起来不太好 |
[18:27] | Michael rushed to the office | Michael赶到公司 |
[18:28] | only to find that his worst fears had come true. | 发现他担心的事情果然发生了 |
[18:34] | We’re too late. It’s gone. | 我们来得太迟了 什么都没了 |
[18:35] | Everybody said that I was too controlling… | 他们都说我是操纵狂 |
[18:36] | but I walk away for one minute, look what happens to the company. | 但你看我一走开 公司都成什么样了 |
[18:39] | I mean, this is why I didn’t want- Damn it! | 这就是我不想 该死的 |
[18:42] | Dad, you should probably take it easy. | 爸 你不要那么激动 |
[18:43] | I said that this would happen. Didn’t I? | 我都说了这事会发生的 |
[18:45] | I said respect my authority, but no one would listen. | 我说过要尊重我的权威 可就是没人听 |
[18:47] | Everybody had their own better id- Ow! | 每个人都有更好的想 |
[18:49] | And maybe it was the stress or even the misplaced snippers… | 也许是压力 又或许是那把剪刀 |
[18:53] | but Michael had never felt worse. | Michael从来没这么疼过 |
[18:56] | However, thanks to taking on his authority, | 然而 反抗了他的权威后 |
[18:58] | the employees had never felt better. | 员工从来没这么开心过 |
[19:00] | – Ted? – Oh, hey, Michael. Good news. | – Ted – Michael 好消息 |
[19:02] | We leased the top floor to another company and moved down here. | 我们搬了下来 把顶楼租给了另一家公司 |
[19:05] | But we can stay in business | 这样我们不用多建房子 |
[19:07] | without having to build the extra houses. | 也能正常开工了 |
[19:08] | We did it. We did it! | 我们做到了 我们做到了 |
[19:12] | – You’re goin’ down, right? – Whoo! | – 你要下楼吧 – 耶 |
[19:17] | And back at the Gothic Castle, Gob was performing his illusion. | 哥特城堡那儿 Gob在表演他的幻术 |
[19:21] | Hey, after I cut the candle in half, | 我砍断蜡烛之后 |
[19:23] | switch out the real sword for the fake one. | 你就去把真刀换成假刀 |
[19:25] | – What are you doin’? – I’m Gob Bluth. | – 你在干嘛 – 我是Gob Bluth |
[19:28] | I’m the real magician. This man is only the assistant. | 我才是魔术师 这家伙只是助手而已 |
[19:33] | Buster, the sword. | Buster 把剑拿来 |
[19:37] | Handle first. Handle first. | 先给我 先给我 |
[19:40] | Oh, my fingers! | 噢 我的手指 |
[19:42] | He cut off my- fingers! | 他砍断了我[哔]的手指 |
[19:45] | – Oh! – No! | – 噢 – 不 |
[19:49] | – Guy is good. Damn good. – Bravo! | – 这家伙有两下子 – 漂亮 |
[19:52] | I’m not kidding! He cut off my- fingers! | 我没装啊 他真的砍断了我[哔]的手指 |
[19:55] | – I didn’t know we had taquitos. – More! More! | – 原来我们有墨西哥卷啊 – 再来一个 |
[20:00] | And Michael came to a decision. | Michael下定了决心 |
[20:01] | You know what, George Michael? | 知道吗 George Michael |
[20:04] | I think I’m going to give up some of my authority, starting now. | 从现在开始 我要放下我的权威形象 |
[20:09] | You drive home. All right? | 你开车回家 行吗 |
[20:12] | Unfortunately, Michael’s decision to let his son… | 很不幸地 Michael让他儿子 |
[20:15] | drive a car with a more responsive gas pedal… | 驾一辆加油踏板灵敏的车 |
[20:20] | was not a good decision. | 并不是一个明智的决定 |
[20:23] | Your leg’s gonna be fine, Michael. | 你的腿会没事的 Michael |
[20:24] | And I wouldn’t worry about getting hit by any more cars. | 你不用担心再次被车撞倒了 |
[20:27] | I’ve shortened your calf muscles | 因为我缩短了你的小腿肌肉 |
[20:29] | to theoretically increase your jumping ability. | 理论上可以增强你的弹跳力 |
[20:31] | But if it works, I could be the best in the world. | 如果成功了 我就是全世界最好的医生了 |
[20:35] | I want the other doctor back. | 我还是想换回原来的医生 |
[20:38] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:40] | Michael gets a new roommate. | Michael有个新室友 |
[20:42] | Your fingers have been perfectly reattached. | 你的手指完美地重新接上了 |
[20:45] | Go ahead, take a look. | 看看吧 |
[20:48] | My middle finger and index finger are- | 我的中指跟食指 |
[20:50] | Switched for the first time ever. | 有史以来第一次调换位置了 |
[20:54] | – Nice job, Frank. – Amazing. | – 干得漂亮 Frank – 太棒了 |
[20:56] | And the F.B.I. Finds footage | 联邦调查局的人发现 |
[20:58] | more troublesome than they’d originally thought. | 那录影带比他们想象中更烦人 |
[21:00] | It appears there was something else on the videotape. | 貌似录影带上还有其他东西 |
[21:03] | We think it’s a terrorist training film. | 我们觉得那是训练恐怖分子的录像 |
[21:07] | You’re not half the man he was! | 你打不过他的 |
[21:11] | This kid’s got moves. | 这小子有两下啊 |