时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 故事是关于一个原本富裕的家庭 失去了一切 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together. | 其中一个儿子别无他法 只能努力撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:19] | Michael was sharing his bed for the first time in years. | Michael多年来第一次和别人分享他的床 |
[00:22] | Unfortunately, it was with his younger brother, Buster. | 倒霉的是 这个人是他弟弟Buster |
[00:29] | Buster Buster Buster. Buster. | |
[00:33] | Hey-Hey. Whoa, whoa. Buster! | 别乱动 Buster |
[00:35] | Hey, Brother. | 嗨 老哥 |
[00:39] | I don’t think us sleeping together is working out. | 咱俩不能再一起睡了 |
[00:43] | You’re a grown man. You should be living with your mother. | 你长大了 应该和妈妈一起住 |
[00:46] | – Yeah, I miss Mom. – I can tell. | – 是啊 我想妈妈了 – 我看的出来 |
[00:49] | – Hey, good morning. What are you doing? – It’s my ethics essay. | – 早安 你干嘛呢 – 写我的伦理学论文 |
[00:53] | I’m supposed to write 200 words on the morality of war… | 我本来应该写200字关于在道德战争中 |
[00:56] | whether a preemptive strike is ever justified. | 先发制人的招数是否正当 |
[00:58] | Absolutely. It’s preemptive, | 当然正当 先发制人嘛 |
[01:00] | you know, happens before something else. So… | 就是发生在其他事之前 所以 |
[01:02] | if you can predict aggression and you wanna squash it… | 如果你能预测到侵略 并想镇压它 |
[01:06] | I don’t know why you’re not typing? This is all good. | 你怎么不记下来 我说的多棒 |
[01:08] | I’m not sure if my ethics teacher | 我的伦理学老师 |
[01:09] | would love if I cheated on my essay. | 应该不喜欢我作弊 |
[01:11] | Well, you just passed my ethics test. | 至少你刚通过了我的伦理学考试 |
[01:13] | In fact, George Michael had developed a hopeless crush… | 其实 George Michael无可救药的迷恋上了 |
[01:16] | on his ethics teacher, a woman named Beth Baerly. | 他的伦理学老师 Beth Baerly |
[01:19] | Even minor crimes are punishable… | 即使是未成年人犯罪都要接受惩罚 |
[01:21] | by brutally chopping off the offender’s hand. | 残忍的砍掉罪犯们的手 |
[01:24] | Mmm. No ring. | 没戴戒指 |
[01:27] | Can’t wait to meet her at Parent-Teacher Night. | 我都等不及在家长会之夜上见到她了 |
[01:29] | Oh yeah. Dad, hey, Dad… | 老爸 老爸 |
[01:30] | try to remember everything | 试着记住所有的 |
[01:31] | – she says about me, all right? – Okay. | – 她说的有关我的事 好吗 – 没问题 |
[01:32] | Michael Michael. | |
[01:35] | I need you to do something about my son. | 你得帮帮我儿子 |
[01:37] | I totally agree, Mom. | 我完全同意 老妈 让Buster回家住 |
[01:38] | Buster goes home, we flip the mattress… | 让Buster回家住 我们把床垫翻过来 |
[01:40] | – this never happened. – Not Buster. Read this. | – 就当什么都没发生过 – 不是Buster 读读这个 |
[01:47] | Did you and Dad adopt a child? | 你和老爸领养了个小孩儿 |
[01:49] | The S.E.C. Was onto us. | 美国证券交易委员会盯上我们了 |
[01:51] | Your father thought it would make us look charitable. | 你爸觉得这样做显得我们很善良 |
[01:54] | He must have forged my signature. | 他一定是伪造了我的签名 |
[01:56] | Well, maybe I’ll get a son who will… | 也许我应该领养一个 |
[01:59] | finish his cottage cheese! | 能吃完白干酪的儿子 |
[02:03] | You’ve got to get me out of this. | 你得帮我摆脱这件事儿 |
[02:05] | I’ll call Social Services, but you must take Buster back. | 我会打给社会服务机构 但是你得把Buster接回去 |
[02:08] | – Okay. – Great. | – 行 – 太好了 |
[02:09] | But I’m not taking care of him either. | 但是我也不会照顾他 |
[02:12] | I don’t have the milk of mother’s kindness in me anymore. | 我已经没有母爱的乳汁了 |
[02:15] | Yeah, that udder’s been dry for a while now, hasn’t it? | 是呀 你母爱的双峰已经干涸很久了 |
[02:19] | Kind of? | 对吧 |
[02:22] | – Hello. – Michael. | – 你好 – Michael |
[02:24] | I’ve got a couple of girls here. | 我这边儿有一群女孩儿 |
[02:26] | A couple of fun girls… | 一群有趣的女孩儿 |
[02:29] | I thought I’d bring you in on. | 我觉得我得告诉你 |
[02:30] | Oh, I don’t know, Gob. | 不用了吧 Gob |
[02:32] | Come on, Michael. So we had a little disagreement. | 得了吧 Michael 我们最近确实有点小不愉快 |
[02:35] | Recently, Gob had discovered that Michael… | 不久前 Gob发现Michael |
[02:36] | was interested in his now ex-girlfriend, Marta. | 喜欢上了他的前女友Marta |
[02:40] | I’m offering you an olive branch here. | 我现在是在给你递橄榄枝 |
[02:42] | Yeah-Yeah. No. L-I know, and l-I appreciate that. It’s just… | 我知道 我谢谢你 只不过 |
[02:45] | Besides, when was the last time you slept with someone? | 再说了 你还记得你上一次和别人一起睡是什么时候吗 |
[02:47] | – Buster. – What time and where? | – Buster – 时间 地点 |
[02:50] | Meanwhile, Lindsay was helping George Michael with his homework. | 同时 Lindsay在帮George Michael写作业 |
[02:53] | Oh, come on, let’s do something. | 拜托 咱们干点好玩的吧 |
[02:55] | – It’s just a stupid essay. – No, I can’t. | – 别写你的傻缺论文了 – 不行 |
[02:57] | I don’t want to let down Ms. Baerly. She’s nice, you know. | 我不想让Baerly小姐失望 你懂的 她人又好 |
[03:01] | – And she’s interesting… – And pretty? | – 又幽默 – 又漂亮 |
[03:03] | Well, I don’t know why I’m telling you this. | 我不知道我为什么要跟你说这个 |
[03:08] | I guess there’s just some things | 可能有些东西 |
[03:08] | you can’t really say to your dad. | 是不能跟老爸说的吧 |
[03:10] | Ah. Sounds like you’d like her to be more than just your teacher. | 你好像不仅仅想让她当你的老师 |
[03:14] | Lindsay believed that | Lindsay觉得 |
[03:15] | George Michael wanted to fix up his father… | George Michael是想撮合他老爸和他的老师 |
[03:18] | so he could fill the role of his mother. | 这样他就能有个妈妈了 |
[03:20] | There’s nothing wrong with that. | 你这么想完全没错 |
[03:23] | Although, I must say I’m a | 但是我不得不说 |
[03:25] | little hurt that you haven’t considered me. | 你没想到我 让我有点小受伤 |
[03:29] | – You’re my aunt. – That doesn’t matter. | – 你是我姑姑 – 那又怎么样 |
[03:32] | Aunts can fill that role. Teachers can fill that role. | 姑姑能当你妈 老师能当你妈 |
[03:37] | And, someday, | 总有一天 |
[03:38] | you’re gonna find the right woman to fill that role. | 你老婆也能同时兼任你妈的角色 |
[03:40] | But until then, I’ll be right across the hall. | 不过在那之前 欢迎来隔壁找我 |
[03:47] | Lindsay had never been more | Lindsay这辈子从来没说过 |
[03:48] | proud of anything she had said in her entire life. | 这么让她自豪的话 |
[03:53] | – Yikes. – Meanwhile, Gob was waiting for Michael to show up. | – 哎呀 真吓人 – 同时 Gob在等Michael出现 |
[03:56] | – Oh, there he is. Michael. – Yes. | – 你终于来了 Michael – 是啊 |
[03:59] | This is Shannon, the girl I’ve been telling you all about. | 她是Shannon 我跟你说过关于她的一切 |
[04:02] | Yes. Girl, indeed… young girl. | 对啊 女孩儿 真是 年轻啊 |
[04:04] | – That’s a young, young, young, girl. – Yeah, well, she’s 18. | – 真是个超级超级年轻的女孩 – 她才18岁 |
[04:07] | So, it’s like… Oh, and this is… | 所以 这就像是 噢 这才是 |
[04:09] | – your date, Nazh… – galia. | – 你的约会对象 Nazh什么 – galia |
[04:12] | – Hello, my God! – Well, | – 你好 我的老天爷 |
[04:15] | Shannon wouldn’t go out without a chaperone… | Shannon没有闺蜜陪着不肯出来 |
[04:17] | – Right. – and so she’s your date. | – 明白 – 所以你得和她约会 |
[04:19] | It was clear that Gob wasn’t offering an olive branch at all… | 很明显 Gob向Michael伸出的不是橄榄枝 |
[04:22] | and, in fact, was still harboring some resentment over Marta. | Gob还在因为Marta的事怨恨Michael |
[04:25] | – Oh… “Nagarma,” You’ve got a mustache. – Hey! | – 哈哈 你有胡子 – 喂 |
[04:28] | – I mean, you’ve got milk on your mustache. – Oh. | 我是说 你胡子上沾了牛奶 |
[04:31] | – I mean, you’ve got a milk mustache. – Yeah. | – 牛奶居然沾在你的胡子上 – 是啊 |
[04:33] | It’s adorable. You look like one of those “Got Milk” Models. | 你很可爱 像拍过”Got Milk”的模特一样 |
[04:37] | But Gob mistook Michael’s | 但是Gob误解了Michael |
[04:39] | basic human decency for romantic interest… | 对感情的基本礼貌 |
[04:42] | and felt a competitive urge to step in. | 他想把Michael比下去 |
[04:44] | Because, you know, it’s beyond adorable… and e-exotic. | 哪是可爱啊 简直是迷人 |
[04:49] | – I find you very attractive. – Really? | – 你深深的吸引了我 – 你确定 |
[04:53] | And George Sr. Was about to get a surprise visitor. | 老George将要迎来一个意外的访客 |
[04:56] | Mr. Bluth? I’m Cindi Lightballoon. | 您是Bluth先生吗 我是Cindi Lightballoon |
[05:00] | I’ve studied all your teachings, and I’ve purchased every tape. | 我学了你所有的教程 还买了你全部录影带 |
[05:04] | And I watch ’em over and over. | 看了一遍又一遍 |
[05:07] | George Sr. Had recently marketed a line of self-help tapes… | 老George最近出售了一套关于自救的录影带 |
[05:11] | touting his newly discovered spirituality. | 宣扬他新发现的精神力量 |
[05:13] | I’ve also lost four pounds | 我还瘦了4磅 |
[05:14] | on your low-carb Bluth Banana Jail Bars. | 多亏了你的低碳香蕉棒 |
[05:20] | I’ve come to learn at your feet. | 我现在来到你身边继续学习 |
[05:26] | That’s a good place to start. | 这是个开始的好地方 |
[05:29] | And Michael, free of his double date, | Michael从四人约会里逃了出来 |
[05:31] | met Lindsay at Parent-Teacher Night. | 在家长会之夜见到了Lindsay |
[05:34] | Hey, Linds, is it my imagination… | Linds 是我看走眼了吗 |
[05:36] | or does this rape room have the same floor plan as our kitchen? | 还是这个小黑屋和我们厨房的布局一样 |
[05:39] | Did you meet Ms. Baerly yet, | 你见到Baerly小姐了没 |
[05:40] | the ethics teacher? ‘Cause I just did. | 就是那个伦理学老师 我刚见过她 |
[05:42] | No, not yet. Look, these are our cabinets. | 还没 你看啊 这些是我们的壁橱 |
[05:44] | Yeah. Well, I think she’s perfect for you. | 我觉得她和你很配 |
[05:47] | – For me? Really? – Mm-hmm. | – 和我 你确定 – 对 |
[05:48] | Thanks, but no. I’ve | 谢了 还是算了吧 |
[05:49] | already been set up once today by a sibling… | 我今天已经被我哥撮合过一次了 |
[05:51] | and I don’t think you people know my type. | 我觉得你们不知道哪棵才是我的菜 |
[05:53] | Hey, look. It’s not coming from me. It’s-It’s George Michael. | 这不是我说的 是George Michael |
[05:56] | He told me. I think he wants a mother. | 他跟我说的 我觉得他想要一个妈妈 |
[05:59] | Well, that’s ridiculous. He’s got you. He’s got our mother. | 这太离谱了 他有你 他有他奶奶 |
[06:02] | You’d think that would turn him off to the entire concept. | 他应该已经打消这个念头了 |
[06:04] | Besides, I’m not gonna rush out and | 而且我不会冲出去 |
[06:05] | marry somebody just because you think my son would like it. | 和一个女人结婚 就因为你认为我儿子会喜欢她 |
[06:10] | Welcome. I’m Ms. Baerly, the ethics teacher. | 欢迎 我是Baerly小姐 伦理学老师 |
[06:13] | My goal is to teach your children | 我的目标是教会你们的孩子 |
[06:15] | about the preciousness of life… | 生命非常珍贵 |
[06:17] | that can be lost by the mindless pulling of a trigger. | 盲目的铤而走险可能会失去这一切 |
[06:20] | Mmm. No ring. | 没戴戒指 |
[06:27] | And so Michael got to know his son’s ethics teacher. | Michael就这样认识了他儿子的伦理学老师 |
[06:30] | Ethics… right and wrong. | 伦理学 关于对与错 |
[06:33] | How can one thing can be right and another one be wrong? | 为什么有一件事是对的 另一件就是错的呢 |
[06:35] | I mean, which is which, you know? | 到底哪个对哪个错 |
[06:38] | I guess that’s the “Rrrr” Of it. | 我猜这就是伦理学奇妙的地方 |
[06:40] | You know, so frustrating. | 就是让人有挫败感 |
[06:42] | I don’t know. I mean, they just | 我也不清楚 他们只是 |
[06:43] | threw this class at me after Mr. Daniels had a stroke. | 因为Daniels先生中风就把这个班扔给我了 |
[06:48] | I had him, Mr. Daniels. How is he? | 我知道Daniels先生 他怎么样了 |
[06:50] | – Oh, he, you know, had a stroke. – Oh. | – 他 他中风了啊 – 噢 |
[06:53] | – Thought you were joking. – No, | – 我以为你开玩笑呢 – 不是 |
[06:54] | I was just laughing ’cause you were laughing. | 我是因为你笑我才笑的 |
[06:56] | – Right. No. Yeah. Gosh. Hmm. – Yeah. | – 天啊 – 是啊 |
[06:59] | – “Rrrr!” – “Rrrr!” | – 真奇怪 – 真奇怪 |
[07:01] | – But, you know, l-l… | 但是呢 |
[07:02] | I really am antiwar and antiviolence. | 我确实反对战争和暴力 |
[07:04] | – And I think I’m an ethical person. – Right. | – 我觉得我是个有道德的人 – 是呀 |
[07:08] | Here’s an ethical question. | 我问你一个有关道德的问题 |
[07:09] | Can-Can a parent take a teacher out for a drink? Or… | 你学生的爸爸能请你喝一杯吗 |
[07:15] | I don’t know. Uh, do you have a wife? | 我不知道 呃 你有老婆吗 |
[07:18] | – Yeah. But she’s dead. – Oh. | – 当然 不过她去世了 – 噢 哈哈 |
[07:24] | Have you ever been married? | 那你结过婚吗 |
[07:27] | Yeah, she died. | 结过 不过我老婆去世了 |
[07:28] | Ohh. God, why are we laughing? | 天啊 我们笑啥呢 |
[07:31] | I don’t… Well, it’s the Mr. Daniels stroke thing… | 我也不知道 也许是在笑Daniels先生中风的事吧 |
[07:33] | all over again. | 又一次 |
[07:35] | – Let’s go get that drink. – Yeah, it could only help. | – 我们去喝一杯吧 – 太好了 一醉解千愁啊 |
[07:38] | – Rrrr! – Rrr! | – 欧耶 – 嘿嘿 |
[07:41] | George Sr. Was dealing with his own admirer. | 老George在和他的崇拜者说话 |
[07:45] | Oh, I’ve already told you so many of my sins. | 我已经跟你说了很多我做过的错事 |
[07:49] | Maybe you could tell me some of yours. | 也许你也想跟我说说 |
[07:51] | Uh, well, there are legal implications to that. | 算了吧 我的事牵扯到太多法律问题了 |
[07:53] | But, uh, back to your sins. Uh, do that one about the, uh… | 还是回到你做过的错事上吧 聊聊 |
[07:57] | ladies’ shower… | 你大学宿舍里的 |
[07:59] | in your college dorm again. | 女生浴室吧 |
[08:03] | And Michael was on his way to what would be his second date… | Michael正赶去第二次 |
[08:06] | with Ms. Baerly. | 和Baerly小姐的约会 |
[08:07] | Michael, the little Korean is here, | Michael 小棒子在我这儿 |
[08:09] | and I don’t know what to do with him. | 我不知道该做什么 |
[08:11] | At least, I think it’s a him. | 貌似是个男孩儿 |
[08:12] | You’ve got to strip them down | 你得把他脱的 |
[08:13] | to next to nothing before you can even tell. | 几乎一丝不挂才能知道真相 |
[08:15] | Yeah, Mom. I just spoke to Social Services… | 妈妈 我刚给社会服务机构打了电话 |
[08:17] | and although they don’t like to do this… | 虽然他们不愿意告诉我 |
[08:20] | if you can prove that it’s a bad environment for a child… | 但是如果你能证明咱家的环境不适合养小孩儿 |
[08:22] | and I would suggest saying | 然后我一字不差的 |
[08:24] | what you just said to me, don’t change a word… | 把你告诉我的话跟他们说了 |
[08:26] | they will take him back. | 他们会把这孩子接回去 |
[08:27] | Ha, ha, ha. Uh, don’t get too comfortable. | 哈哈 别把这当自己家 |
[08:30] | Shoes on, mister! Shoes on! | 穿上鞋 先生 穿回去 |
[08:34] | He’s out of control. | 他太随便了 |
[08:36] | Hold on. | 等一下 别挂 |
[08:40] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[08:44] | Who’s that? | 这是谁啊 |
[08:46] | This is “Annyong” Who your father and I have adopted. | 这是我和你爸领养的孩子 “你好” |
[08:51] | What, I’m gone for a couple days and you find a new son? | 我才走了几天你就找了个新儿子 |
[08:53] | Lucille could see that her son was concerned, even jealous. | Lucille看得出来他儿子很担心 甚至有点嫉妒 |
[08:57] | And she knew how it felt to be overlooked. | 她明白被忽视的感受 |
[08:59] | Yes. Annyong is your brother now. | 是呀 “你好”现在是你的新弟弟 |
[09:03] | Yes, Annyong. Excuse me. Oh, Michael? | 好好好 你也好 等一下 Michael |
[09:07] | Call it off. | 取消吧 |
[09:09] | I’m keeping him. | 我来照顾他 |
[09:11] | – Look, I gotta call you back. – Sweet ride. | – 我一会儿再打给你 – 好棒的车啊 |
[09:15] | Are you making dinner reservations? | 你在订晚饭吗 |
[09:17] | No, no. That was my Mom. She just had… | 不 刚才是我妈妈 她刚刚 |
[09:19] | a “Little Korean” Dropped off. | 扔掉了一些韩国菜 |
[09:21] | Ooh, that sounds good. Let’s have that. | 哇 听起来不错 我们也去吃韩国菜吧 |
[09:28] | – Hello. – And after their date… | – 你好 – 约会之后 |
[09:31] | Michael took a step he hadn’t taken in years. | Michael踏出了这么多年来的第一步 |
[09:35] | Okay, do you think this is a good idea? | 你真的认为这是个好主意吗 |
[09:38] | I think it’s a great idea. | 绝对是 |
[09:41] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[09:43] | Such a good idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[09:45] | But how are we going to sneak in without waking everyone up? | 我们怎么才能不吵醒大家然后溜进去 |
[09:49] | We’ll take the stairs. | 我们爬楼梯 |
[09:53] | This may not have been my best idea. | 看来我还能想出更好的主意 |
[10:02] | I’m sorry, Michael. | 抱歉 Michael |
[10:08] | I’m sorry too, Michael, but it looks like we’re even. | 抱歉了 Michael 这回我们打平了 |
[10:12] | You took something I liked. I took something you liked. | 你拿走了我喜欢的东西 我也拿走了你喜欢的 |
[10:17] | Yeah. L… … “Nashbagerlajam.” | 没错 我[哔]了Nashbagerlajam |
[10:20] | Listen, I know that you’ve | 听好了 我知道你 |
[10:21] | been trying to get even with me about Marta. | 在报复我 就因为我和Marta的事 |
[10:23] | But got bad news for ya. I’m seeing somebody else. | 但是你悲剧了 因为我在和别人约会 |
[10:28] | Who? Who? | 谁 谁啊 |
[10:29] | just out of curiosity… I’m not gonna try to sleep with her. | 我就是有点好奇 你放心我不会和她上床的 |
[10:32] | Forget it. I thought | 去你的 我以为 |
[10:33] | – that this was behind us. – It is behind us. | – Marta的事已经过去了 – 过去了 |
[10:35] | – Great. – When I sleep with her. | – 很好 – 当我睡了你现在的对象之后 |
[10:37] | ‘Cause I’m gonna sleep with her. | 因为我要和她上床 |
[10:39] | Yeah. I was lying when I | 没错 我骗你 |
[10:40] | said I wasn’t gonna to sleep with her, so… | 说我不会跟她上床 |
[10:41] | She’d have to agree to it. | 她也得同意才行 |
[10:42] | I don’t anticipate a problem with that. | 我觉得这不是个问题 |
[10:44] | – No? – No. ‘Cause I’ve seen some of the dogs you like. | – 不是吗 – 当然 我知道你的菜是什么样的 |
[10:47] | – Right. – I just slept with one. | – 确实 – 我刚就睡了一个 |
[10:49] | – Again, didn’t like Nazhgalia. – Really. | – 我再说一遍 我不喜欢Nazhgalia – 骗谁呢 |
[10:51] | – Really, and good luck getting rid of her. – Oh, please. | – 真的 祝你顺利甩掉她 – 拜托 |
[10:54] | Not a problem. She knows it was a one-time thing. Totally cool. | 这不是个事儿 她知道这是一夜情 不会缠着我的 |
[10:57] | – Oh, so romantic. – Who’s “N. Bahn-Ahden?” | – 哇 真浪漫 – 谁是N. Bahn-Ahden |
[11:02] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:06] | Hey, George Michael. | 嗨 George Michael |
[11:08] | I wanted to talk to you about something before, | 我想告诉你点事儿 |
[11:09] | but I didn’t know if it was real. | 之前我不确定我是不是来真的 |
[11:11] | But now, uh… | 但是现在呢 呃 |
[11:14] | your ethics teacher… | 你伦理学老师 |
[11:15] | – Yeah, I just made this for her. – Oh. | – 我刚做了这个给她 – 噢 |
[11:17] | She loves Saddam Hussein. | 她爱萨达姆 |
[11:20] | I’m sure she doesn’t love Saddam. | 我觉得她不爱萨达姆 |
[11:22] | I’m sure she is interested in him… | 她只是对他感兴趣 |
[11:23] | as a subject, you know. | 把他当做一个研究课题而已 |
[11:26] | – Right. That’s what I meant. – Great. | – 对啊 我就是这个意思 – 好的 |
[11:29] | You know, I just wanted to | 我就是想让她知道 |
[11:30] | make her something special to show that I care. | 她在我心里很特别 我在乎她 |
[11:32] | – About the class? – No. I mean, about her. | – 在乎她的课 – 不 在乎她 |
[11:35] | – Oh! – I kind of love her. | – 哇 – 我好像爱上她了 |
[11:39] | You mean, you love her like… like she loves Saddam. | 你的意思是 像她喜欢萨达姆那样吗 |
[11:42] | – Right? – No, no. I mean, like, love her love her. | – 对吗 – 不 不 我是真的爱上她了 |
[11:46] | Oh. | 哇哦 |
[11:49] | – Oh. – Oh, hi! | – 噢 – 噢 你好 |
[11:51] | Hi, George Michael. I was just… | 你好 George Michael 我刚刚 |
[11:54] | Iooking at this model home. | 在欣赏这个样板房 |
[11:56] | I’m gonna go home and think about it. | 我要回家去考虑一下 |
[11:59] | I’m gonna go home, think about it. | 回家好好想想清楚 |
[12:02] | Dad, what was she doing here? | 老爸 她在这儿干嘛 |
[12:05] | I mean, sh… she wasn’t… | 她 她不会是 |
[12:07] | Michael knew he had an ethical responsibility | Michael明白 他有道德和义务 |
[12:10] | to tell his son the truth. | 去告诉他儿子真相 |
[12:13] | Yes. | 是这样的 |
[12:15] | Your Uncle Gob slept with her. | 你Gob叔叔和她上床了 |
[12:23] | Well, why would he do that? | 为什么啊 |
[12:24] | Why would Gob sleep with my ethics teacher? | 为什么Gob要和我伦理学老师上床 |
[12:26] | Probably to get even with me. | 可能是为了报复我 |
[12:28] | How would that be getting even with you? | 这怎么会是报复你呢 |
[12:29] | – I’m the one that likes her. – Right. Right. | – 喜欢她的明明是我 – 对 你说得对 |
[12:32] | No, I know. You and I know that, but Gob he just… | 天知地知你知我知 但是Gob不知道 |
[12:35] | He’s not that exact of a target shooter, | 他不是神枪手 |
[12:37] | and he just kind of sprays it everywhere. | 所以会到处乱播种 |
[12:39] | You know, but listen, | 听着 |
[12:39] | did-did you really think that-that… that you had a… | 你 你 真的 喜欢 |
[12:43] | I mean, she’s kinda old for you, don’t you think? | 她配你有点老吧 你不觉得吗 |
[12:45] | We don’t even know how old she is. No one does. | 我们到现在都不知道她到底几岁 |
[12:48] | She was chaperoning the diversity dance… | 她陪着学生在舞会上的时候 |
[12:49] | and I thought maybe as a joke, I’d go up to her and be, like… | 我想开玩笑的走过去问她 |
[12:52] | “Well, hey, do you want to dance?” | 我能请你跳支舞吗 |
[12:54] | And she’d be, like, “Ah, what the heck?” | 然后她会说 有什么关系呢 跳吧 |
[12:56] | Right? Or some… I don’t know. | 对吧 或者说点别的什么 我也不知道 |
[12:57] | – I did it differently in the mirror, but… – Right. | – 我对着镜子练习的时候不是这样的 – 我明白 |
[12:58] | But, you know, like, | 但是 你懂的 就像 |
[12:59] | – we’d be joke dancing or something. – I get it. | – 我们跳着玩儿 – 我懂的 |
[13:01] | – I didn’t think it through. – Don’t you think | – 我没考虑得这么全面 – 你难道不觉得 |
[13:03] | you should be taking somebody your own age to the dance? | 你该找个和你差不多大的女朋友跳舞吗 |
[13:05] | Like your cousin. | 比如你表妹 |
[13:07] | – That’s a bad example, but… – I feel so stupid. | – 这个例子举得不好 – 我觉得我真傻 |
[13:10] | I defaced a rare book to get | 我毁了一本珍贵的书 |
[13:11] | that picture of Saddam Hussein in a bathing suit. | 就为了找这张萨达姆穿泳衣的照片 |
[13:16] | – “What would Saddam do?” – Yeah. | – 萨达姆会做什么 – 对 |
[13:19] | Yeah, you know something? You’re right. Gob’s gonna pay. | 你说得对 Gob得付出代价 |
[13:26] | Okay, that is our exact outdoor fire pit. | 这个室外暖炉居然和我家的一样 |
[13:29] | At prison, George Sr. Was | 在监狱里 老George正在 |
[13:31] | preparing for an evening with his most devoted fan. | 准备和崇拜者的约会 |
[13:34] | While Cindi Lightballoon was making preparations of her own. | 同时 Cindi Lightballoon也在做着准备工作 |
[13:37] | – How we doin’? – We have video. | – 搞定没 – 录像没问题 |
[13:39] | – Testing one, two. – Tilt back a little, will you, Harris? | – 现在试音 1 2 – 往后仰点 Harris |
[13:44] | Let’s bust this guy. | 让我们用胸部击败这个家伙吧 |
[13:47] | So George Michael, still angry at Gob… | George Michael还在生Gob的气 |
[13:49] | sought out the family expert on making trouble. | 他找到了家里的捣蛋专家 |
[13:52] | – I know he was dating that girl Shannon. – The cheerleader? | – 我知道他在和Shannon交往 – 那个拉拉队长 |
[13:56] | Yeah, she’s probably gonna | 是啊 他们可能 |
[13:57] | take him to that stupid diversity dance. | 会去一起那个愚蠢的舞会 |
[13:59] | I wish I had someone shocking to take. | 我也想带一个能让人惊讶的家伙去 |
[14:01] | You know, I actually called Mr. Daniels and asked him… | 我甚至还问了Daniels先生 |
[14:03] | but he got all out of breath and dropped the phone. | 结果他喘不上气然后把电话给扔了 |
[14:07] | I never heard back. | 再也没打回来 |
[14:09] | You know, may-maybe we should go together. | 要不我们一起去吧 |
[14:11] | Right, I mean, it’s a bad example… l… But should we? | 虽然不太合适 但是 要不我们 |
[14:15] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:17] | Yes, Annyong. Your name’s Annyong. | 好 你好 我知道你叫”你好” |
[14:19] | We all know you’re Annyong. Annyong. Annyong. Annyong. | 我们都知道你叫”你好” 你好 你好 你好 |
[14:22] | – Who’s this? – Oh, I’m sorry. This is Annyong. | – 这是谁 – 我忘了介绍 这位是”你好” |
[14:25] | My mom bought him. She’s making me register him for school. | 我妈买了他 然后让我带他来学校报到 |
[14:28] | – He’s my new little brother. – So we’re related. | – 他是我的新弟弟 – 所以我们是亲戚了 |
[14:32] | Hey, wanna go to a dance? | 嗨 想不想和我去跳舞 |
[14:34] | Oh, great, another uncle to compete with. | 真棒 又一个和我抢女人的叔叔 |
[14:37] | And Michael went to discuss | Michael去了学校 |
[14:38] | the George Michael situation with Ms. Baerly. | 想和Baerly小姐讨论一下George Michael的情况 |
[14:40] | Being held against their will… | 指控他们的遗嘱 |
[14:43] | purely on the basis of political or religious beliefs. | 仅仅是以政治和宗教信仰为基础 |
[14:48] | I’m sorry. I met someone. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 我遇见真命天子了 真抱歉 |
[14:51] | Anyway, this is serious. This is atrocities. No more smiling. | 这件事很严肃很残酷 别再笑了 |
[14:56] | Michael! Uh, just a minute. | Michael 同学们 等我一下 |
[15:01] | – Hi. Sorry… – Hi! | – 嗨 抱歉打扰你上课 – 嗨 |
[15:03] | Don’t worry. George Michael’s not in there. | 别担心 George Michael不在 |
[15:04] | Those are the dumb kids. | 里面都是些傻孩子 |
[15:05] | Okay. Um, listen. | 好 听着 |
[15:08] | – This is uh… – Wow! Did you make this for me? | – 这是 呃 – 哇 你给我做的么 |
[15:10] | This is so sweet. I love Hussein. | 太浪漫了 我爱萨达姆 |
[15:13] | – You mean, you’re interested in him. – Oh, yes. He is a monster. | – 你的意思是你对他感兴趣吧 – 对 他是个怪才 |
[15:16] | – Yeah. – Wow. Where did you find this one of him in a Speedo? | – 没错 – 哇 你在哪找的他穿着泳衣的照片的 |
[15:19] | This is what I want to talk to you about, though. Um, Beth… | 我有点事要告诉你 Beth |
[15:22] | I don’t think that I can continue to see you. | 我不能继续跟你约会了 |
[15:27] | But I’ve enjoyed my time with you. | 但是我真的很喜欢和你在一起 |
[15:29] | – You ever wanna talk ethics… – You really mean it? | – 尤其是你谈到伦理学的时候 – 你来真的 |
[15:31] | This isn’t one of”My wife died”Jokes? | 这不是”我老婆去世了”的玩笑话吗 |
[15:33] | – No, I’m afraid this is serious. – Oh. | – 不 我是说真的 – 噢 |
[15:35] | You see, George Michael made this poster for you. | 其实吧 这个海报是George Michael做的 |
[15:39] | You know, he-he kind of, uh, is in love with you, so… | 他 他好像爱上你了 所以 |
[15:43] | He knows we’re going out. | 可是他知道咱俩在一起了 |
[15:44] | – He saw me this morning. – No, I covered that. | – 今天早上他不是都看到了吗 – 我撒谎了 |
[15:46] | I told him that you slept with my brother. | 我跟他说你和我哥上床了 |
[15:49] | That may be the most unethical thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最没道德的事了 |
[15:53] | Well, you’ve only been doing this half a semester. | 没关系 你就教他半个学期而已 |
[15:56] | Look, it was a preemptive strike. | 我只是先发制人 |
[15:57] | My brother would’ve tried to sleep with you. | 本来我哥也打算和你上床的 |
[16:00] | Well, I want you to leave | 你给我滚 |
[16:01] | – right now and not come back. – Right. I know. | – 别让再我见到你 – 好 我明白 |
[16:02] | I understand. I’m sorry. And you will not see me again. | 我理解 对不起 我保证你再也不会看见我 |
[16:12] | Starting right now. | 从现在开始 |
[16:15] | – George Sr. Went on a walk with Cindi. – George. | – 老George和Cindi在散步 – George |
[16:17] | And she was getting to him. | 她开始套他的话了 |
[16:19] | You can feel safe to fully reveal yourself to me. | 在我面前 你可以安心的畅所欲言 |
[16:22] | Hmm, all right. There is… | 好吧 |
[16:26] | – There is something. – Come closer. | – 我确实有件事 – 过来 离我近点 |
[16:31] | It’s weighing heavy on my soul. | 我感觉我的灵魂很沉重 |
[16:35] | You, uh… You know, the Talmud teaches us to… There you go. | 犹太法典教导我们 噢 对 就这样 |
[16:39] | – What’s he doing? – He’s pinching the camera. | – 他在干什么 – 他在揉捏摄影机 |
[16:41] | He’s on to us. He’s found the camera. | 他发现我们了 他发现摄影机了 |
[16:43] | Get out of there. He’s got the camera. | 快出去 他发现摄影机了 |
[16:44] | – Abort! Abort! – Get the dog. | – 计划终止 计划终止 – 带上狗狗 |
[16:45] | Clean the dog. We are cleaning the dog! | 洗狗狗 假装我们在给狗狗洗澡 |
[16:59] | That night, Buster came home to an empty apartment. | Buster晚上回家发现公寓里没人 |
[17:03] | So, it’s off with Mother now. | 我妈妈不要我了 |
[17:05] | In fact, Lucille was just giving Annyong and Maeby a ride. | 其实Lucille正开车送”你好”和Maeby去舞会 |
[17:09] | You’re trying to steal from the wrong man. | 你想偷我的东西 你选错人了 |
[17:12] | Watch your back, my little immigrant friend! | 给我小心点 外国小朋友 |
[17:21] | And the spring diversity dance was in full swing. | 春季舞会正进行到高潮 |
[17:24] | – Whoa, sorry. Students only. – Oh. | – 抱歉 只有学生能进 – 噢 |
[17:27] | So you’re not letting him in | 所以你不让他进来 |
[17:28] | because he doesn’t share your perfectly shaped nose… | 就因为他没有你那完美的鼻子 |
[17:31] | your round eye-shaped eyes, your strong square jaw. | 你那圆溜溜的眼睛 你那强壮宽厚的下巴 |
[17:35] | Thanks. You wanna dance? | 谢谢 我能请你跳支舞吗 |
[17:37] | – Yeah! – All right! | – 当然 – 来吧 |
[17:41] | Steve Holt! | 酷毙了 |
[17:42] | – And Gob sought out Shannon… – Shannon! | – Gob在找Shannon – Shannon |
[17:44] | who had found out he had cheated on her with Nazhgalia. | Shannon发现Gob和Nazhgalia上床了 |
[17:47] | Shannon, where are you? Shannon! | Shannon 你在哪 Shannon |
[17:50] | Oh, hey, Lisa. Shannon! | 嗨 Lisa Shannon |
[17:54] | Excuse me. Look, I blew it, okay? | 是我把事情搞砸了 别生气了 好吗 |
[17:57] | But I bought a yearbook ad from you. | 但是我从你手里买了年鉴广告 |
[17:58] | Doesn’t that mean anything anymore? | 这难道代表不了什么吗 |
[18:00] | Beth! Hey, hi. Listen… | Beth 嗨 听我说 |
[18:04] | Um, I blew it okay? I had to see you. | 是我把事情搞砸了 但是我想见你 |
[18:07] | l-I’ve been giving this a lot of thought, and-and… | 我想了很多很多 |
[18:09] | I have to do the right thing. | 我要做正确的事 |
[18:11] | You’re gonna tell George Michael the truth? | 你想告诉你儿子真相 |
[18:13] | Oh, that’s… that’s your definition of the right thing. | 你说的真相是这个意思啊 |
[18:16] | I thought I was gonna make a dramatic | 我本来是想来个戏剧性的出场 |
[18:17] | entrance and tell you that I wanted to see you. Okay. | 然后告诉你我想见你 就这样 |
[18:19] | Uh, I’ll get right on that. | 我现在就去告诉他 |
[18:22] | George Michael! Where are you? George Michael! | George Michael 你在哪 George Michael |
[18:26] | – Uncle Gob? – George Michael. | – Gob叔叔 – George Michael |
[18:28] | What are you doing at | 你怎么会 |
[18:29] | – a high school dance? – I’m looking for you. | – 在高中舞会上 – 我在找你 |
[18:31] | – How could you do this to me? – Do what? | – 你怎么能这样对我 – 怎么了 |
[18:33] | – I’m just here with my girl. – Yeah, my ethics teacher. | – 我只不过和我女朋友过来玩玩 – 对 我伦理学老师 |
[18:36] | – Hey, George Michael. – No, | – 嗨 George Michael – 停 |
[18:37] | Dad. I’m taking care of something, okay? | 老爸 我有我在乎的东西 好吗 |
[18:38] | – All right. – You slept with my ethics teacher. | – 好吧 – 你睡了我伦理学老师 |
[18:40] | Just hang on a second. | 等一下 |
[18:42] | – It wasn’t him. It’s me, okay? – Wha… | – 不是他 是我 – 啥 |
[18:45] | – I’ve been dating your ethics teacher. – Wow, Michael. | – 是我在和你伦理学老师约会 – 哇 Michael |
[18:48] | I’m really touched that you’d | 我真的特感动 |
[18:49] | stick up for me after I’ve been so horrible to you. | 我对不起你 你还对我这么好 |
[18:51] | – Huh? – You know what? | – 啥 – 我想 |
[18:52] | Now it’s time for me to do the right thing. | 现在该是我做正确的事的时候了 |
[18:56] | I slept with the ethics teacher. I’m sorry. | 我睡了你的伦理学老师 抱歉 |
[18:58] | – What are you talking about? – Lindsay | – 你说什么 – Lindsay |
[19:00] | told me that you liked her and I’m not proud of this… | 告诉我你喜欢她 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[19:02] | but… l… Mrs. Whitehead. | 我[哔]了Whitehead女士 |
[19:06] | In fact, Gob mistook the civics teacher… | 其实 Gob睡的是公民学老师 |
[19:08] | for the ethics teacher Michael was dating. | 而不是Michael正在交往的伦理学老师 |
[19:11] | Man, he… has a type. | 天啊 Michael的眼光还真是一如既往的惊悚 |
[19:14] | Gob, Mrs. Whitehead was the civics teacher. | Gob Whitehead女士是公民学老师 |
[19:18] | – We both had her. – Yes, we have. And now we’re even. | – 我们都知道是她 – 对 我们都睡过她了 现在打平了 |
[19:21] | – What a pig. – Tell me about it. | – 蠢猪 – 可不是吗 |
[19:23] | No, you! You’re the pig! | 我说的是你 你这个蠢猪 |
[19:26] | – Two strikes. You are out. – Listen. Shannon, please. | – 两振 出局 – Shannon 听我解释 |
[19:29] | It was a onetime thing. I’m not gonna hear from her again! | 我跟她是一夜情 她不会再找我了 |
[19:31] | Ach! | 真是的 |
[19:33] | Who is Edna W? Hello? | 谁是Edna W 你好 |
[19:38] | – What’s going on here, Dad? – Well, it-it-it was me, okay? | – 到底怎么回事 老爸 – 其实是我 |
[19:41] | l-I’ve been seeing Ms. Baerly, | 我在和Baerly小姐约会 |
[19:43] | and I should never have brought Gob into it. | 我不应该把Gob扯进来 |
[19:44] | But that day you told me you liked her, | 但是那天你跟我说你喜欢她 |
[19:46] | I didn’t know what else to do. | 我慌了 不知道怎么办 |
[19:47] | I never wanted to hurt you. | 我只是不想让你难过 |
[19:48] | Didn’t Aunt Lindsay tell you I liked her? | Lindsay姑姑难道没告诉你我喜欢她吗 |
[19:50] | Yeah. But she said that you wanted her as a mother, | 她说你想让Baerly小姐当你妈 |
[19:53] | and I said that was ridiculous… | 我说这太荒谬了 |
[19:54] | but then I met her and kind of fell for her… | 但是之后我遇见她 喜欢上了她 |
[19:56] | and thought that she would kind of make a great mother. | 然后我想 也许她真能成为一个伟大的母亲 |
[19:59] | Is that true? I didn’t know you were that serious. | 是真的吗 原来你是认真的 |
[20:03] | Well, you know, I’m open to it. We’re open to it. | 我坦白了 我们都坦白了 |
[20:05] | Wow! | 哇 |
[20:08] | – No, no, no, no. – I’m just saying someday, you know. | – 不不不 – 我是说以后 |
[20:12] | – I’m not really into kids. – I’m just… | – 我不喜欢孩子 – 我只是 |
[20:14] | I’m not trying to rush anything. | 我不是想催你 |
[20:15] | Hey! The lady said no, man. | 这位女士已经说不了 哥们儿 |
[20:17] | Look, Michael, I hope you find what you’re looking for. | 听着 Michael 我希望你能找到对的人 |
[20:20] | I mean we had some laughs about some very sad things, but… | 我很开心和你笑那些惨事 但是 |
[20:23] | I don’t think we have a future. | 我们没有未来 |
[20:27] | – And, Jeremy, I will take that cupcake. – Ohh. Okay, um… | – Jeremy 我接受你的小蛋糕 – 哇 好啊 |
[20:32] | – Hey, uh, you wanna dance? – Sure, why not? | – 嗨 想跳支舞吗 – 当然 没问题 |
[20:40] | I can’t believe that would have worked. | 这招居然成功了 |
[20:43] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:45] | Buster’s competition heats up. | Buster和”你好”的竞争进入了白热化 |
[20:47] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! | 哇 小心 小心 |
[20:48] | We are not allowed to have candles in here. | 我们家不能点蜡烛 |
[20:50] | – Mom would freak. – Oh, no, it’s fine. | – 妈妈会抓狂的 – 没关系 点吧 |
[20:53] | This is America, baby. You pray how you want. | 这里是美国 宝贝 你想怎么祷告都可以 |
[20:59] | I’ll light a candle of my own. | 我点根蜡烛烧死我自己算了 |
[21:01] | That’s exactly what I’ll do. | 没错 我就要这么做 |