时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 这是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切… |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个孩子别无选择… |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 这是发展受阻 |
[00:19] | Michael Bluth had called a meeting… | Michael Bluth和家族的长期律师 |
[00:20] | with the family’s longtime attorney… | 一起召开会议 |
[00:22] | to discuss his father’s incarceration. | 讨论关于他父亲监禁的问题 |
[00:25] | I am so sorry. It was a client. Okay. | 实在太对不起了 一个客户 好的 |
[00:29] | But he was finding it difficult to get any answers. | 但是他发现很难找到答案 |
[00:32] | – How long was I on the phone? – Twenty-five minutes. | – 我刚刚电话打了多久 – 25分钟 |
[00:35] | Well, you know, with the cell phone charges, | 呃 你知道的 以现在的手机费用 |
[00:37] | I’m gonna round it out to about an hour… | 我要算成一个小时 |
[00:38] | ’cause it’s easier to bill… all right. | 这样容易记账 好的 |
[00:41] | – Anything else to go over? | 还有什么要讨论的吗 |
[00:43] | – We’ve got everything else to go over. | 其他乱七八糟的事情都讨论过了 |
[00:44] | We haven’t done anything to get my dad out of jail. | 但是还没有说任何把我父亲弄出监狱的事情 |
[00:48] | Okay. First of all… What are you doing? Pilates? | 好的 首先 你在干什么 普拉提 |
[00:53] | Because no 40-year-old woman should look like that. | 因为一个40岁的女人绝不会有你这么光彩照人 |
[00:56] | Well, no 40-year-old woman does look like that. | 确实没有一个40岁的女人像她那样 |
[00:59] | He was, however, getting along with his sister… | 可是 他和他姐姐开始和睦相处了 |
[01:02] | which was unwelcome news to their mother… | 这对他母亲来说不是一个好消息 |
[01:04] | who feared this unity might be used against her. | 她觉得这个联合有可能会对她不利 |
[01:07] | I do have some big news. | 我确实有些大新闻 |
[01:09] | It’s going to cost you a little money… | 这会花掉你们一些钱 |
[01:10] | 20,000, something like that. | 大概2万的样子 |
[01:12] | The courts have agreed to let your father out of prison. | 法院已经同意让你们的父亲出狱 |
[01:16] | – This is a lawyer! – He’s a master! | – 好一个律师 – 大师级人物 |
[01:18] | For the entire afternoon. | 出狱一整个下午 |
[01:21] | What do you mean “Afternoon”? What afternoon? | 整个下午什么意思 哪天下午 |
[01:23] | The day before Christmas, | 圣诞前一天 |
[01:24] | in time for the Living Classics Pageant… | 就是古典艺术Cos盛典的时候 |
[01:26] | because I know how important that is to all of you. | 我知道这对你们来说有多么的重要 |
[01:28] | The Living Classics Pageant, an Orange County tradition… | 古典艺术Cos盛典是奥兰治县的传统 |
[01:31] | consists of live representations of classic works of art. | 真人表现一些古典的艺术作品 |
[01:35] | The Bluth family has participated not only as a patron… | 布鲁斯家族不仅仅是这个活动的赞助商 |
[01:38] | but as an integral part of its most popular exhibit… | 同时也扮演了最受欢迎的展览品 |
[01:41] | Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam. | 米开朗基罗的作品 <亚当的创造> |
[01:45] | I don’t really want to be Adam this year. | 我今年真心不想再演亚当了 |
[01:47] | Well, if you want to play Eve, you got to get in line… | 如果你想扮夏娃 那就得去排队了 |
[01:49] | behind, what, about five homos. | 排在一堆基佬后面 |
[01:54] | That was wrong. I’m… I’m so sorry. | 我说错话了 实在对不起 |
[01:57] | It’s just that I have one down at the office now… | 只是现在正好有个基佬在我办公室 |
[01:59] | and, I mean, it is every day. | 每天都阴魂不散的 |
[02:02] | I would be happy to play Adam. I’d prefer a speaking part… | 我很乐意扮演亚当 尤其是讲话的部分 |
[02:05] | Please don’t speak for the rest of the meeting. | 麻烦你别再说了 |
[02:09] | – Zing! – No, no, seriously. I don’t want to play Adam. | – 击掌 – 别 是真的 我真不想扮亚当了 |
[02:12] | Buster, every year we go through this song and dance… | Buster 我们每年都练这些歌和舞蹈 |
[02:15] | and every year you say, “Thank you, | 每年你都会说 “谢谢你 |
[02:16] | Mama, for making me play Adam.” | 让我扮演亚当 妈妈” |
[02:19] | – You’re doing it. – This concerned Buster… | – 你一定得演 – Buster在秘密的 |
[02:21] | as he’d been secretly dating his mother’s best friend… | 和他母亲的好朋友兼头号竞争对手 |
[02:24] | and chief social rival, Lucille Austero. | Lucille Austero约会 这让他很担心 |
[02:27] | Can’t we just stay here and play poker again? | 我们能不能就待在这里继续玩扑克 |
[02:30] | You can bet your vertigo medicine against my anxiety pills. | 我们可以用你的头晕药来赌我的抗抑郁药 |
[02:32] | No. Buster, for God’s sake, there is music to hear… | 不 Buster 我的天哪 我们可以去听音乐 |
[02:36] | places to go, envy to stir. | 可以去到处溜达惹人嫉妒 |
[02:38] | Look, I’m tired of keeping our love a secret. | 听着 我再也受不了这么偷偷摸摸的了 |
[02:42] | We are going out, and that is that! | 我们要出去 而且必须出去 |
[02:45] | – Oh. – Oh, Buster. Okay, I’m okay. | – 哦 – 噢 Buster 没事 我没事 |
[02:48] | I’m okay. | 我很好 |
[02:49] | Okay. I’m gonna get out of your hair. | 行 我这就先走了 |
[02:51] | – We’ll talk about this money later in the week. – Excuse me. | – 我们过两天再讨论这笔钱 – 打扰一下 |
[02:53] | We’re not going to pay $20,000 to get my Dad out for one day. | 我们不会为了让我爸出来一天 就付2万美金的 |
[02:57] | No. It’s a bond. It’s all refundable, unlike my time. | 不 这都是债券 和我的时间不一样 这是可退还的 |
[03:00] | It’s been a complete waste of two hours, okay? | 这完全是浪费了两个小时 好吧 |
[03:02] | We’re just not going to do it, and that’s that. | 我们是不会那样做的 绝对不会 |
[03:04] | – Are you writing two hours? – No, I’m taking notes on the case. | – 你在记下两个小时 – 没 我就是记些案子的笔记 |
[03:07] | – Let me just see what you just wrote. – You’re scaring me. | – 让我看看你刚写了什么 – 你吓到我了 |
[03:09] | just leave it alone! It is | 走开 你给我走开 这是 |
[03:11] | a gift from a client! Ruining a good meeting. | 客户送我的礼物 你毁了这次会面 |
[03:14] | – Barry’s very good. – He’s an idiot. | – Barry非常好 – 他是个傻逼 |
[03:17] | Exactly. We’re not trying to get Dad out for a night. | 没错 我们可不是只要爸爸出来一晚上 |
[03:20] | We’re trying to get him out for good. | 我们是要他出来就不回监狱了 |
[03:21] | We’re gonna get a new lawyer. | 我们要找个新律师 |
[03:22] | I actually know of one who’s available. | 我正好知道有个人可以 |
[03:24] | His name’s Wayne Jarvis. He’s a top guy. | 他的名字叫Wayne Jarvis, 他是顶尖的 |
[03:26] | Wayne Jarvis had become famous… | 自从在雇佣歧视案中 |
[03:27] | after an employment discrimination suit… | 与家族现在的律师Barry Zuckerkorn交锋之后 |
[03:29] | against the family’s current attorney, Barry Zuckerkorn. | Wayne Jarvis就变得有名了 |
[03:32] | It’ll be a long time before | Barry Zuckerkorn很长时间内 |
[03:34] | Barry Zuckerkorn calls anyone a homo again. | 都不会叫人基佬了 |
[03:36] | You know, I am really happy that you two are in agreement… | 知道吗 我很高兴你们俩能够一条心 |
[03:40] | but we’re not getting rid of Barry. | 但是我们不会舍弃Barry |
[03:42] | He’s like family, and you can’t fire family. | 他像个家人 你不能炒了家人 |
[03:45] | Yeah, I know. Hey, Maeby. | 是 我知道 嘿 Maeby |
[03:48] | Maeby, where have you been? | Maeby 你去哪里了 |
[03:49] | You left me at home. You do remember you have a daughter, right? | 你们把我落在家里了 你们还记得有个女儿吧 |
[03:54] | Uh, yes, of course we remember… | 呃 当然 我们当然记得 |
[03:56] | and we were worried sick, young lady. | 我们都快急死了 小姐 |
[03:58] | She’s fine. Our daughter’s all right, everybody, so… | 她很好 我们的女儿很好 |
[04:02] | You said you didn’t want her to come. | 你说你不想她过来 |
[04:03] | I said I didn’t want you to come. | 我说我不想你过来 |
[04:05] | Oh, that makes more sense. | 哦 这才说得通嘛 |
[04:07] | Now she’s going to think we’re totally self-involved. | 现在她肯定觉得我们自以为是 |
[04:09] | I can fix this. Buster’s probably still in the lobby. | 我能解决 Buster可能还在大厅 |
[04:12] | Let me go see if I can’t get him to give me the part of Adam. | 让我去问问看他能不能让我去演亚当 |
[04:15] | And I’ll see if I can get some money from my mom. – Lupe! | – 我去看看能不能跟我妈要点钱 – Lupe |
[04:17] | There are some juice glasses on the sofa table. | 沙发桌上有几个喝果汁的杯子 |
[04:20] | Mama, I’ll help you clean up. | 妈妈 我来帮你吧 |
[04:22] | There are some salad plates on the piano. | 钢琴上有几个色拉盘 |
[04:24] | Wow. What a party. You make it seem so effortless. | 哇 多完美的派对啊 你完全是信手拈来呀 |
[04:27] | What do you need money for? A divorce? | 你要钱干嘛 离婚 |
[04:29] | No, Mom. Tobias and I are doing fine, thank you. | 没 妈 Tobias和我很好 多谢 |
[04:32] | – It’s my credit card debt. – Forget it. | – 是我的信用卡债务 – 休想 |
[04:34] | Fine. I’ll ask Michael. He’ll give it to me. | 行 我去问Michael 他会给我的 |
[04:36] | Maybe if you get him drunk. It’s the only way he’ll give money… | 兴许你能他灌醉 也就那样他才会把钱 |
[04:39] | to someone he calls a “Stay-in-bed mom.” | 给”好吃懒做娘娘” |
[04:43] | – He said that about me? – I thought it was harsh. | – 他这么说我了 – 我觉得太刻薄 |
[04:46] | But, you know, he thinks you’re completely irresponsible. | 但是 他觉得你丝毫不负责任 |
[04:50] | A stay-in-bed mom. | 好吃懒做娘娘 |
[04:52] | Probably because you don’t work, and you’re lazy. | 兴许是因为你不工作 而且还很懒 |
[04:56] | His words. | 他的原话 |
[04:58] | – I can’t believe him. – I know! | – 完全不敢相信 – 我也觉得 |
[05:00] | just when you were getting along so well. | 还是你们关系变好的时候 |
[05:10] | They’ve got to be kidding me. | 这是在耍我吧 |
[05:15] | Michael’s brother Gob, meanwhile… | Michael的哥哥Gob 那时却 |
[05:17] | had missed the meeting that | 由于他女朋友Marta |
[05:19] | morning after being delayed by his girlfriend Marta. | 而错过了早上的会议 |
[05:22] | Te quiero! | 我爱你 |
[05:24] | – English, please. – I love you. | – 请说英语 – 我爱你 |
[05:27] | Great. Now I’m late. | 这下好了 害我迟到了 |
[05:29] | And while Gob took his girlfriend for granted… | 在Gob认为他的女朋友理所当然的时候 |
[05:32] | Michael was learning Spanish to get closer to her. | Michael却为了接近她而苦练西班牙语 |
[05:34] | That is not something I can bring to my boss. | 这东西我可不能拿给我老板 |
[05:37] | Unfortunately, the one | 不幸的是 |
[05:38] | tape he could find was of little use to him. | 他找到的唯一的磁带对他几乎没用 |
[05:41] | Are you going to the complimentary breakfast? | 你要去吃免费早餐吗 |
[05:45] | That’ll get her hot. | 这肯定能让她欲火焚身 |
[05:47] | Well, if it isn’t the boy who lives under the stairs. | 咦 这不是住在楼梯下的小男孩吗 |
[05:49] | – Hey, Gob. – What are you doing, learning Spanish? | – 嘿 Gob – 你在干嘛 学西班牙语 |
[05:51] | Nope. It’s, uh… It’s something for work, so, yes, uh, yeah. | 没 这 这是工作需要 所以 是 |
[06:01] | Meanwhile, Buster was trying to get George Michael… | 与此同时 Buster在试图让George Michael |
[06:04] | to take his place as Adam. | 代他扮演亚当 |
[06:06] | I don’t know, Uncle Buster. | 我不确定 Buster叔叔 |
[06:09] | – Well, you don’t have the “Frontspiece” Yet. – “Frontspiece”? | – 你还没有”正面部分”呢 – “正面部分” |
[06:11] | Look, I don’t want to go through a | 听着 我可不想和你一起 |
[06:13] | whole song and dance with you. You’re going to love it. | 温习整个歌舞 你一定得爱上这个 |
[06:16] | You just can’t do anything | 你就是不能 |
[06:17] | that violates the original painting, like giggling or itching. | 做任何违背原画的动作 类似笑和搔痒之类的 |
[06:20] | They do allow some nervous crying, | 不过一些紧张的眼泪还是可以的 |
[06:22] | but you can tell they don’t like it. | 但是你还是可以看出来 他们不喜欢这样 |
[06:25] | And Maeby was teaching her parents a lesson for forgetting her… | 因为忘了她的事情 Maeby准备教训她父母一下 |
[06:29] | Who knows how long I’ll be gone? | 谁知道我会离开多久 |
[06:30] | when she spotted George Michael. | 当她看到George Michael的时候 |
[06:32] | Nice pecs. Got a kickin’ bod. | 胸肌不错 身材很好哟 |
[06:36] | Thus, George Michael found a | 因此 George Michael找到了 |
[06:38] | compelling reason to keep the muscle suit on. | 迫使自己穿着这件肌肉外套的理由 |
[06:43] | Law offices of Barry Zuckerkorn. | Barry Zuckerkorn律师事务所 |
[06:44] | Yeah! It’s Michael Bluth for Barry. | 我是Michael Bluth 找一下Barry |
[06:46] | – I’m not here. – Barry’s not here. Can I give her a message? | – 我不在这 – Barry没在这 要我帮你给她带个口信吗 |
[06:50] | Tell her she needs to whisper a little softer next time… | 告诉她 下次要说悄悄话的时候轻点 |
[06:52] | and I’m not paying for this phone call. | 而且 我可不会为这通电话付钱 |
[06:55] | I am not a girl, you bow-tied… | 我不是女孩子 你个蝴蝶结男 |
[06:58] | Go on. Call me something. I’m redoing my kitchen. | 继续 说点难听的 我正好准备重新装修我们家厨房 |
[07:01] | That’s it. I’ve had it with this jerk Barry. | 够了 我受够这个混蛋Barry了 |
[07:03] | I’m going to make Mom sit | 我一定要安排老妈 |
[07:04] | down with Wayne whether she likes it or not. | 和Wayne见面 不管她喜不喜欢 |
[07:06] | – You’re the jerk. – Did I just wake you up? | – 你才是混蛋 – 我刚把你吵醒了吗 |
[07:08] | I didn’t know you were home. | 我都不知道你在家 |
[07:09] | No, Michael, I don’t just sleep all day. | 没 Michael 我不是就整天睡觉 |
[07:12] | Actually, Lindsay was so upset at Michael… | 事实上 Lindsay对Michael非常的失望 |
[07:14] | that she tried meditating to calm herself… | 所以她想靠冥想 让自己平静下来 |
[07:17] | but ended up taking a two-hour angry nap. | 但最后以愤怒的躺了两个小时告终 |
[07:20] | Yeah, this suitcase should be big enough. | 行啦 这个手提箱肯定够大了 |
[07:22] | Where is all this coming from? I thought we were getting along. | 这是演的哪一出啊 我还以为我们好好相处了呢 |
[07:25] | Yeah, so did I. And now I hear you’re telling our mother… | 没错 我也是这样认为的 但我听说你和妈妈说 |
[07:29] | that I’m completely irresponsible and a stay-in-bed mom. | 我是一个无丝毫责任心的好吃懒做娘娘 |
[07:32] | That doesn’t even sound like me. | 这一听就不可能是我说的啊 |
[07:34] | That sounds like Mom or Bruce Vilanch. | 这听起来像妈妈或者Bruce Vilanch说的 |
[07:37] | – Could be Bruce Vilanch. – Then why would she say it? | – 有可能是Bruce Vilanch – 她为什么要这么说 |
[07:41] | – Because we’re getting along. – Because we’re friends again. | – 因为我们和睦相处了 – 因为我们又变朋友了 |
[07:43] | You gotta remember Mom typically has nothing in her system… | 你得记着 妈妈肚子里除了伏特加和怨妇毒计 |
[07:45] | except a bottle of vodka and an estrogen pill. | 就什么都没有了 |
[07:47] | Speaking of which… | 说到这个 |
[07:50] | Michael and Lindsay proceeded to drink… | Michael和Lindsay开始喝酒 |
[07:52] | and air their grievances about their mother. | 开始互相倒关于他们母亲的苦水 |
[07:54] | She’s always trying to get | 她一直想让我承认 |
[07:55] | me to admit that my marriage isn’t working. | 我的婚姻是错误的 |
[07:58] | – And how’s it going with you and Tobias? – It’s not working. | – 那你和Tobias到底怎么样啊 – 真的不行 |
[08:01] | And that’s why I wanted her help with my credit card debt. | 这就是为什么我想让她帮我还信用卡债务 |
[08:04] | I’m trying to take | 我在试图让我的婚姻 |
[08:05] | at least some of the pressure off this marriage. | 的压力减小一点 |
[08:07] | And if anything, it’s worse now that we’re sharing a bedroom. | 如果说怎么样的话 现在更糟了 我们用一间卧室 |
[08:11] | You guys were not sharing a bedroom before? | 你们以前不住一间卧室吗 |
[08:13] | Well, the cutoffs aren’t exactly a turn-on. | 呃 超级小短裤实在让人提不起欲望 |
[08:16] | What’s the deal with the cutoffs? | 超级小短裤是怎么回事 |
[08:18] | You’ve got to promise not to tell anyone this. | 你得保证我绝不说出去 |
[08:20] | – Okay. – He’s a never-nude. | – 行 – 他从不全裸 |
[08:25] | Is that exactly what it sounds like? | 这 真有听起来那么夸张吗 |
[08:26] | Tobias suffered a rare psychological affliction… | Tobias有罕见的心理问题 |
[08:29] | of never being able to be completely naked. | 他做不到全裸 |
[08:31] | Excuse me. Do these effectively hide my thunder? | 打扰一下 这个藏住我的”雷神”了吗 |
[08:35] | Oh, I’m sorry. No, I need you to be completely undressed. | 哦 对不起 我要你脱光衣服才行 |
[08:38] | I am completely undressed. | 我已经脱光衣服了 |
[08:42] | – I thought he just liked cutoffs. – Me too. | – 我还以为他就是喜欢超级小短裤 – 我也这样认为 |
[08:44] | What about you? What’s going on with your love life? | 你呢 你的爱情生活怎么样了 |
[08:47] | Have you even met anyone since your wife? | 自从你的妻子之后有没有见过其他人 |
[08:48] | That is the one subject I am not eager to talk about, Lindsay. | 这个问题我不想说 Lindsay |
[08:52] | I love Marta. | 我爱Marta |
[08:56] | – Mom’s housekeeper? – Gob’s girlfriend. | – 妈妈的管家 – Gob的女朋友 |
[08:59] | – Oh, my God. – Yeah. | – 哦 天哪 – 是呀 |
[09:01] | Listen. You’re a great guy, and if she doesn’t see that… | 听着 你是个好男人 如果她看不到的话 |
[09:05] | then someone else will. | 其他人会看到的 |
[09:07] | You know what else, Lindsay? You’re great. | 你知道吗 Lindsay 你太好了 |
[09:09] | And I’m gonna move some money | 我会帮你弄点钱 |
[09:10] | around if it’s gonna help you get out of debt. | 来还你的债务 |
[09:13] | – No, Michael. – Yeah. | – 不行 Michael – 必须要 |
[09:14] | The hell with Mom. And here. | 妈妈一边去 干杯 |
[09:16] | Mom’s never gonna get between us again. | 妈妈绝对不会别在我们中间了 |
[09:19] | The next day, Buster, having pawned off playing Adam… | 第二天 Buster推掉了演亚当 |
[09:22] | went to Lucille 2 to ask her out for Christmas Eve. | 去找Lucille2号 邀请她圣诞夜出去 |
[09:25] | That is terrific ’cause I got two tickets to the pageant! | 这太好了 我正好有两张去盛典的票 |
[09:29] | My… My mother’s going to be there. | 我 我妈会去那里 |
[09:33] | And George Michael was trying to pass… | George Michael在试图 |
[09:35] | – as a more muscular boy than he actually was. – One hundred. | – 让自己变得更有肌肉 – 100个 |
[09:38] | One hundred? I had you at 10. | 100个 我才数到10 |
[09:39] | I did some earlier in the day. | 我之前练了点 |
[09:41] | It’s a running total. So what’s with the suitcase? | 我算在一起了 这个手提箱干什么的 |
[09:44] | It’s a little test to get my parents to notice me. | 就是一点点让我父母关注我的测试 |
[09:46] | You ever get the feeling like no one even sees you? | 你有没有感受到过 没有人关注你的感觉 |
[09:49] | I’ve got a really good body, so… no. | 我身材很好 所以 没有 |
[09:52] | Hey, gang. What you doing? | 嘿 小朋友们 你们在干嘛 |
[09:54] | – Just packing up. Packing it on up. – Uh-huh. | – 只是在收拾行李 全部装进箱子 – 嗯哼 |
[09:57] | Listen, can I talk to you alone for a moment? | 听着 我能和你单独说点事情么 |
[09:59] | I’ll leave you two alone here. | 那我先出去了 |
[10:01] | Oh, no, George Michael, I meant you. | 哦 不是 我是说你 George Michael |
[10:03] | Maeby, can we have the room? | Maeby 你可以先出去会吗 |
[10:09] | So, as you know, I was hoping to play Adam in this thing… | 你知道的 我希望能够扮演亚当 |
[10:14] | and I want you to know that I am not threatened. | 而且我想让你知道 我并不担心 |
[10:17] | You know, I’d be happy to let you play Adam. | 知道吗 我很高兴让你演亚当 |
[10:20] | Give me the suit. Give me the suit. | 给我外套 给我外套 |
[10:22] | I’m actually wearing it right now, and I can’t tell you why. | 事实上 我现在穿着它呢 我不能告诉你为什么 |
[10:26] | You’re wearing it right now? | 你现在穿着它 |
[10:28] | I have to wear it all the time. You’d never understand. | 我得一直穿着它 你不会理解的 |
[10:31] | Oh, please. I’ll never under… | 噢 得了吧 我绝对不能理 |
[10:34] | I’ll never understand… that you can never be nude? | 我绝对不能理解 你不能全裸 |
[10:44] | I understand more than you’ll never know. | 我理解的比你多多了 |
[10:55] | Yikes. | 吔 |
[10:56] | Michael finally arranged a meeting with attorney Wayne Jarvis. | Michael最后总算安排了和Wayne Jarvis见面 |
[10:59] | Looking for a more professional approach to our representation. | 找个更专业的人来作为我们的代表 |
[11:01] | Well, I’m a professional. | 很好 我就是专业人士 |
[11:02] | – I’m serious, and I’m a professional. – That’s fantastic. | – 认真的 我是个专业人士 – 很好 |
[11:06] | – So how long have you been practicing – I also don’t like small talk. | – 所以你开始工作多久了 – 而且我也不喜欢闲聊 |
[11:08] | I find that unprofessional. | 我觉得那太不专业了 |
[11:10] | Why should I be billing you for small talk… | 为什么我为这些闲聊收你的钱呢 |
[11:12] | when I’m enjoying it as much as you are? | 聊得时候我和你一样很享受 |
[11:14] | Then this must be a freebie ’cause I’m having a ball. | 那这肯定是免费的了 因为我是很高兴 |
[11:17] | When you’re ready to get serious, give me a call. | 当你决定认真对待的时候给我电话 |
[11:19] | No, no! No, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m serious. I’m ready. | 哦 不不不 对不起 我很认真的 我准备好了 |
[11:24] | Good. If you retain my services, | 很好 如果你一直雇用我的话 |
[11:26] | I will get your father out of jail… | 我一定会把你父亲弄出来 |
[11:28] | and we will be countersuing before the end of the year. | 今年底我们就可以反诉 |
[11:30] | We’re gonna get this company’s name back to where it started. | 我们会让这个公司回归往日的荣光 |
[11:33] | – Or hopefully higher. – I didn’t say that. | – 希望能发扬光大 – 我可没那么说 |
[11:35] | Don’t hold me to that. | 别让我担这个责任 |
[11:35] | I won’t, and I appreciate that to a wonderful degree. | 我不会 而且我真的万分的荣幸 |
[11:40] | My mother is on her way up here… | 我母亲马上就要到了 |
[11:41] | and she’s resistant to the idea of hiring a new attorney. | 而且她有点抗拒我雇佣一个新律师 |
[11:46] | If she even sees you, she probably won’t come in the room. | 如果她看到你的话 她也许连屋子都不会进 |
[11:48] | I shall duck behind the couch. | 我应该要藏到沙发后面去 |
[11:51] | What a pro. | 真专业 |
[11:55] | – Michael. – Hi. | – Michael – 嗨 |
[11:56] | I need to get the money to get your father out for the pageant. | 我要拿钱 好让你爸爸能够在盛典的时候出狱 |
[11:59] | Actually, that’s not why I | 事实上 这不是我今天 |
[12:00] | called you here today, and I’m not doing that. | 叫你过来的原因 而且我绝不会给钱 |
[12:03] | I gave that money to Lindsay to pay off her credit card debt. | 我把钱给Lindsay还信用卡债务了 |
[12:06] | – What’d she do, get you drunk? – No, we just, uh, well… | – 她干吗了 灌醉你了 – 没 我们只是 好吧 |
[12:10] | We did drink a little bit. How’d you know that? | 我们是喝了一点点 你怎么知道的 |
[12:12] | Because that’s what she said she’d do. | 因为她和我说的 |
[12:14] | I said you wouldn’t give her the money, | 我说你不会给钱 |
[12:15] | and she said, “He will if I get him drunk.” | 她说 “如果我灌醉他 他就会给” |
[12:17] | Probably because she thinks you’re a cheap bastard. | 兴许她觉得你是个贱杂种 |
[12:20] | Oh. Her words. | 哦 她的原话 |
[12:22] | She set me up? | 她算计我 |
[12:24] | All that stuff about her | 她说的所有的 |
[12:25] | marital troubles and Tobias being a never-nude? | 婚姻问题 Tobias从不全裸 |
[12:29] | A never-nude? I thought he just liked cutoffs. | 从不全裸 我以为他只是喜欢超级小短裤呢 |
[12:33] | How do you treat somebody in your own family like that… | 对待自己家人怎么可以这样 |
[12:35] | lying and deceiving and saying anything just to get your own way? | 撒谎 欺骗 为了达到目的不惜一切 |
[12:39] | – So what did you want to see me about? – Hmm? | – 所以 你想见我是为什么 – 唔 |
[12:42] | Oh, um, there’s a big bowl of candy in my office. | 哦 我的办公室有一大碗的糖 |
[12:46] | – Why don’t you go eat it? – Wayne Jarvis, attorney at law. | – 为什么你不吃点 – Wayne Jarvis 律师 |
[12:49] | I have a responsibility to tell you that | 我有义务告诉你 |
[12:50] | there is no candy in this office. | 这间办公室没有糖 |
[12:53] | Lindsay Lindsay. | |
[12:59] | – What are you doing here? – I had to get away from Marta. | – 你在这里干什么 – 我得离Marta远点 |
[13:03] | If I have to smell another meal of fish, rice and mango, | 如果我再闻到鱼肉米饭和芒果 |
[13:05] | I’m gonna kill somebody. | 我非杀人不可 |
[13:07] | Now Michael’s learning Spanish. | 现在 Michael开始学西班牙语了 |
[13:09] | – What’s up with that? – Oh, who knows? | – 这是为什么 – 谁知道呢 |
[13:11] | He won’t get your father out of jail for a night. | 他都不愿意保你父亲出狱一晚 |
[13:13] | – He’s bringing in a new attorney. – New attorney? | – 他还雇了个新律师 – 新律师 |
[13:16] | And he’s learning Spanish? | 而且他还在学西班牙语 |
[13:18] | He’s hiding something. | 他肯定在隐藏什么 |
[13:21] | And I intend to find out what it is. | 我要查出来到底是什么 |
[13:23] | Do yourself a favor. Get him drunk. | 灌醉他就行 |
[13:34] | Barry Barry. | |
[13:37] | I see you’re getting closer to our attorney. | 你和我们的律师关系倒是不错 |
[13:40] | Well, I just want you to know | 我只是想让你知道 |
[13:41] | that I won’t be needing your help after all. | 我完全不需要你任何帮助 |
[13:43] | My brother Michael came | 我弟弟Michael帮我了 |
[13:45] | through as he always does and as you never do. | 像他一直做的而你一直没做的那样 |
[13:48] | Whatever it takes to get your | 只要你和你 |
[13:49] | relationship with that never-nude back on track. | 那从不全裸的丈夫的关系回归正轨 怎么都行 |
[13:54] | – Michael told you that? – He couldn’t wait to. | – Michael告诉你了 – 迫不及待的 |
[13:56] | And later, while Michael was meeting with Wayne… | 不久后 当Michael和Wayne会面的时候 |
[13:59] | My thing with Tobias was a | 我和Tobias的事情是一个 |
[14:00] | secret like you stealing your brother’s girlfriend! | 秘密 就像你想偷你哥哥的女朋友一样 |
[14:02] | – I open up to you, and you run and tell Mommy! – Excuse me. | – 我向你敞开心扉 你却去告诉妈妈 – 打扰一下 |
[14:05] | Outside, please. Thank you. Pardon us. | 出去 谢谢 原谅我们 |
[14:07] | Like it all wasn’t just a bunch of lies to | 就好像你不是说一堆假话 |
[14:08] | get me to pay that debt. Isn’t that why you got me drunk? | 好让我为你还债似的 这是不是你灌醉我的原因 |
[14:11] | – I got you drunk. – Mom told me about your little plan. | – 我灌醉你 – 是 妈妈告诉我你的计划了 |
[14:13] | – What plan? I had a great time last night! – So did I! | – 什么计划 我昨晚很高兴 – 我也是 |
[14:16] | – Then why are we yelling at each other? – Mom. | – 那为什么我们互相大吼大叫 – 妈妈 |
[14:19] | – Unbelievable. – She did it again. | – 不可理喻 – 她又来了 |
[14:22] | – All right. We’ve got to teach her a lesson. – Hmm. | – 好的 我们必须要教训她一下 – 嗯哼 |
[14:27] | Excuse me, Wayne, my sister and | 不好意思 Wayne 我姐姐和 |
[14:29] | I were outside having a business discussion… | 我在外面有点生意上的事情说 |
[14:31] | and we were wondering if there’s some sort of legal way… | 我们想知道有没有什么合法的方式 |
[14:33] | that we can humiliate our mother. | 让我们可以羞辱我们的母亲 |
[14:36] | Something shaming, something public. | 一些 羞耻的 公共场合上的事情 |
[14:39] | I’ve used one adjective to describe myself. What is it? | 我一直用一个词形容我自己 什么来着 |
[14:43] | Professional. | 专业 |
[14:51] | So how are we going to screw Mom? | 所以 我们得要怎么样整妈妈 |
[14:52] | – Maybe we can get Barry to help. – Forget it. | – 或许我们可以找Barry帮忙 – 别想 |
[14:54] | I think I was right about them all along. | 我一直对他们的感觉没错 |
[14:56] | You know Barry’s taking Mom to the pageant? | 你知道Barry带妈妈去盛典 |
[14:58] | – On a date? – Yeah. | – 约会 – 是呀 |
[14:59] | Ugh! If Dad could see her on a date with Barry, he’d go crazy. | 恶 如果爸爸看到她和Barry约会 他肯定会疯了的 |
[15:05] | Which would allow us to hire Wayne. | 这样就会允许我们雇Wayne了 |
[15:09] | How do you feel about staying in debt just a little bit longer? | 你觉得继续欠债久一点怎么样 |
[15:12] | So they decided to spend | 所以他们决定花掉 |
[15:14] | the money Michael had promised Lindsay… | Michael承诺Lindsay的钱 |
[15:16] | to get their father out for the pageant, | 把他们的父亲保出来参加盛典 |
[15:18] | where he’d catch his wife with Barry. | 在那他会抓到他的老婆和Barry约会 |
[15:21] | Maeby, too, continued to try to teach her parents a lesson. | Maeby也继续试图教训一下她的父母 |
[15:24] | Okay, so I printed the fake airline ticket from my computer. | 好的 我在我的电脑打印了假的机票 |
[15:27] | If my parents miss this, I really might go to South America. | 如果我父母真没发现 我可真的要去南非了 |
[15:30] | – That says “Portugal.” – That’s right. | – 上面写的是”葡萄牙” – 没错 |
[15:34] | Maeby’s parents didn’t find the ticket, but Gob did… | Maeby的父母没有发现那张机票 但是Gob看到了 |
[15:38] | “Portugal.” | “葡萄牙” |
[15:39] | which confirmed his suspicions. | 这证实了他的猜测 |
[15:41] | Gonna live it up down old South America way, huh, Mikey? | 准备自己躲到远远的南美州 哼 Mikey |
[15:44] | And Buster finally gave in to Lucille 2’s wishes. | Buster最终还是答应了Lucille2号的愿望 |
[15:48] | You ready to show me off before God and the whole world? | 你准备好在上帝和整个世界面前炫耀我了吗 |
[15:51] | It’s not my dad’s reaction I’m worried about. | 我不担心我爸爸的反应 |
[15:53] | And George Michael finally | George Michael总算 |
[15:55] | saw the painting he was going to be re-creating. | 看到了他要重现的画作 |
[16:01] | And then what “Frontspiece” Meant. | 然后”正面部分”的意思总算揭晓 |
[16:11] | George Sr. Got his 24 hours | George Sr.得到了24小时的自由 |
[16:13] | of freedom as the pageant finally began. | 就为了参加的盛典 |
[16:16] | You know, I saw you do this when I was a kid. I was so impressed. | 你知道吗 我在小时候看到过你扮这个 太印象深刻了 |
[16:20] | You know, you were so still and godlike. | 知道吗 你当时 纹丝不动 天神一般 |
[16:24] | It was at that moment that I knew I would be a dancer. | 是在那个时候我知道我会成为一个舞者 |
[16:28] | Glad I could make a difference. | 很高兴我能帮上忙 |
[16:30] | Michael and Lindsay searched | Michael和Lindsay在人群中 |
[16:31] | the crowd for their mother and Barry… | 寻找着他们的母亲和Barry |
[16:33] | so they could revel in the public shaming they had engineered. | 好在他们的公开羞辱母亲之后洋洋得意一番 |
[16:36] | Mom, what the hell are you doing? | 妈妈 你在干嘛 |
[16:37] | But instead they found her with Wayne. | 但是 他们却发现她和Wayne在一起 |
[16:41] | I don’t have to answer that. | 我不用回答这个问题 |
[16:42] | I don’t know which one of you I’m more disappointed in. | 我不知道你们中哪个我更失望 |
[16:44] | No, it’s Wayne. Wayne… | 不 居然是Wayne |
[16:45] | – I have needs. I am a man! – Hey, watch… | – 我有需求 我是个男人 – 嘿 看 |
[16:49] | What’s the difference? Your father doesn’t care about me. | 这有什么不同 你父亲又不在乎我 |
[16:52] | Barry tells me he’s not even trying to get out of prison. | Barry告诉我他都不想出狱 |
[16:55] | – Mom, he’s here. Dad’s here. – He’s here? | – 妈妈 他在这里 爸爸在这里 – 他在这里 |
[16:57] | – Yeah, he’s here. – Why did you do this? | – 没错 他在这 – 你为什么这么做 |
[17:00] | – We were trying to teach you a lesson. – You idiots! | – 我们想给你个教训 – 你个傻瓜 |
[17:03] | – If he sees me with Wayne… – We’ll be stuck with Barry. | – 如果他看见我和Wayne在一起 – 我们这辈子都摊上Barry了 |
[17:06] | I shall duck behind that little garbage car. | 我应该躲到垃圾车后面去 |
[17:11] | Guy’s a pro. | 真专业 |
[17:12] | And now, ladies and gentlemen… | 现在 女士们先生们 |
[17:14] | Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam. | 米开朗基罗的<亚当的创造> |
[17:17] | And George Michael made his debut… | George Michael开始展示他的处女作 |
[17:20] | Hey, that’s my… Yikes. | 嘿 这是我… 吔 |
[17:23] | breaking the pageant’s cardinal rule. | 破坏了这个盛典最基本的规则 |
[17:25] | How dare he! | 他怎么敢这样 |
[17:27] | Oh, stop booing! There’s nothing wrong with it. | 别起哄了 这没什么不对的 |
[17:30] | There are dozens of us. Dozens! | 我们这样的人有很多 很多 |
[17:34] | Buster arrived with Lucille Austero… | Buster和Lucille Austero一起到达了现场 |
[17:36] | and naturally assumed the | 自然而然的以为 |
[17:37] | yells of disgust were directed toward him. | 这些起哄是针对他的 |
[17:40] | – What is wrong with you? – What’s wrong with you? | – 你干嘛啊 – 你干嘛啊 |
[17:44] | Buster Buster? | |
[17:45] | Oh, God! I’m sorry. | 噢 天哪 对不起 |
[17:46] | I’m sorry, Lucille. Yeah. Lucille. | 对不起Lucille 呃 Lucille |
[17:50] | Ma, I’m sorry! | 妈 真的对不起 |
[17:52] | Man! That old lady has really done a number on you, hasn’t she? | 天 那老女人真的能把你吓出屎来是吧 |
[17:58] | But George Michael wasn’t the only problem with the painting. | 但是George Michael并不是这幅画唯一出问题的地方 |
[18:00] | – Where is God? – There is no God! | – 上帝哪里去了 – 这没有上帝 |
[18:07] | There goes my credit card payment. | 看我信用卡还款在那奔着呢 |
[18:09] | Dad! Dad! | 爸 爸 |
[18:12] | Hey! Dad! | 嘿 爸 |
[18:15] | – Excuse me. – Dad! | – 让一下 – 爸 |
[18:18] | – Hey, Dad, get back here! – No! I’m not going back! | – 嘿 爸 你给我回来 – 不 我是不会回去的 |
[18:21] | Dad, come here! | 爸 过来 |
[18:24] | – Dad! – Michael, I’m onto you. | – 爸 – Michael我和你杠上了 |
[18:27] | The Spanish lessons, the lawyer. | 学西班牙语 找律师 |
[18:30] | – If you’re heading for Portugal, | 如果你要去葡萄牙 |
[18:31] | it’s due south! – What? No, it isn’t. | – 它就在正南边 – 什么 它不在那 |
[18:34] | Dad, you’re not gonna outrun me in that dress. | 爸 你穿着那个裙子是跑不赢我的 |
[18:37] | Let go! For God’s sakes, | 走吧 我的上帝呀 |
[18:39] | – I’m not even wearing a jock. – Dad, are you going too? | – 我都没穿护档 – 爸 你也要去吗 |
[18:44] | No one is going to Portugal, you idiot! | 没人去葡萄牙 你个笨蛋 |
[18:48] | Lindsay and I broke Dad | 为了让他能抓到妈妈和别人约会 |
[18:49] | out of jail for a day to catch Mom on a date. | Lindsay和我把爸爸保释出来一天 |
[18:51] | Your mother is on a date? Oh. | 你妈妈在约会 噢 |
[18:54] | Dad! | 爸 |
[18:55] | Oh, oh. | 噢 噢 |
[18:58] | – Dad? – And so, many in the Bluth family… | – 爸 – 因此一群布鲁斯家族的人 |
[19:01] | gathered together for Christmas Eve… at prison. | 聚在监狱过圣诞夜 |
[19:04] | – Hey, where’d your muscle suit go? – Wait. You knew? | – 嘿 你的肌肉装去哪里了 – 等等 你知道 |
[19:08] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[19:09] | I took it off. | 我脱了 |
[19:13] | You did? | 真的 |
[19:18] | You have made some tremendous strides today. | 你今天迈了极大的一步 |
[19:22] | Ever get the feeling like you don’t even matter? | 你有没有感觉 你从没有被人重视过 |
[19:25] | Only when I’m around my children. | 就只有当我的孩子们在我周围的时候 |
[19:27] | You reach a certain age, | 你到特定年龄了 |
[19:29] | and you have to practically scream to get noticed. | 你事实上只有尖叫才能获得注意了 |
[19:31] | They turn you into a monster, and then they call you one. | 他们害的你变成怪物 然后还叫你怪物 |
[19:35] | I don’t think you’re a monster. | 我不觉得你是个怪物 |
[19:38] | And I think you’re a lovely girl. | 我觉得你是个可爱的小女孩 |
[19:40] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[19:42] | I think you and I ought to spend more time together. | 我觉你和我应该多花点时间在一起 |
[19:45] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[19:48] | – That’ll drive them crazy. – Exactly. | – 这会让他们发疯的 – 完全正确 |
[19:51] | And Michael was forced to, once again… | Michael又一次不得不 |
[19:54] | call in the counsel of Barry Zuckerkorn. | 给法律顾问Barry Zuckerkorn打电话 |
[19:56] | Thank you. Thank you for coming down on Christmas Eve. | 谢谢你 谢谢你圣诞夜还过来 |
[19:59] | Oh, it’s like any other day, except that I bill double. | 噢 和往常一样啦 只是收费加倍 |
[20:02] | So, they’re not filing charges. | 他们不会指控你了 |
[20:05] | I got them to call your flee from justice “Religious expression.” | 我和他们说你逃跑的行为是”宗教表达” |
[20:09] | – This is a lawyer. – Yeah, he’s… he’s very good. | – 这才是个律师 – 是的 他非常非常好 |
[20:12] | You’re gonna have to forfeit that bond. I was way off about that. | 你的保证金被没收了 我完全没有能力拿回来 |
[20:15] | Thanks again, Mikey. | 再次感谢 Mikey |
[20:20] | – Can I ask you a question? – Sure. | – 我能问你个问题吗 – 当然 |
[20:22] | Are all the guys in here, you know… | 这里所有的男人是不是… |
[20:25] | Oh, no, no, no. Not all of them. | 噢 不不不 并不是全部 |
[20:28] | Yeah. It’s never the ones you hope. | 是呀 绝对和希望的不一样 |
[20:34] | – Hope? – Think. | – 希望的 – 想的 |
[20:37] | – How’d it go? – Well, the bad news is you’re in debt again… | – 情况怎么样 – 坏消息是 你的债务还不了了 |
[20:40] | and we never busted Mom, and we’re stuck with Barry. | 我们不可能羞辱妈妈 而且还永远的摊上Barry了 |
[20:44] | The good news is we’ve been asked | 好消息是 我们被要求 |
[20:45] | never to participate in the pageant again. | 再也不允许参加盛典了 |
[20:48] | – Well, at least we’re still pals, huh? – Yeah. | – 至少我们还是好姐弟 – 是呀 |
[20:53] | That’s not really doing it for me this time. | 这次对我真的没用了 |
[20:57] | Yeah. | 是呀 |