英文名称:A Little Chaos
年代:2014
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:41] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[01:44] | Papa, we’ve made you breakfast. | 爸爸 你的早餐准备好了 |
[01:45] | Only Francoise is too little to carry the tray, | 只是弗朗索瓦太小了 拿不住托盘 |
[01:48] | so we have Philippe to help. | 只好叫菲利普来帮把手 |
[01:49] | Yes, Uncle. I am the strongest. | 没错 叔父 我最强壮了 |
[01:51] | I could carry it. | 我可以拿动 |
[01:53] | -My queen. -Good morning, Majesty. | -夫人 -陛下早安 |
[01:57] | Be it known that we intend to hold court | 众所周知 即将到来的五月份 |
[02:00] | at the Palace of Versailles | 我们在将会在凡尔赛宫 |
[02:02] | within the coming month of May. | 临朝听政 |
[02:05] | Clap. | 鼓掌 |
[02:08] | Do you see how important it is to elicit the appropriate response? | 看出来 及时做出正确的反应的重要性了吗 |
[02:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:12] | To this auspicious end, | 在这个美好吉祥的时节 |
[02:14] | the finest examples of humanity | 人性的最美之处 |
[02:17] | shall embody the true glory of France | 将会在永恒壮丽的凡尔赛宫 |
[02:20] | in a palace of eternal and resounding splendor. | 将法国的荣耀展现得熠熠生辉 |
[02:25] | Take note. | 记下来 |
[02:26] | Your eloquence they must love, | 人民崇尚你的口才 |
[02:28] | your demeanor they must fear. | 人民敬畏你的风度 |
[02:30] | I have further commanded | 我还下令 |
[02:32] | that the greatest masters of France will realize this vision | 叫法国最顶级的大师 |
[02:36] | unparalleled in the history of the world | 来打造这世间无二的 |
[02:40] | in gardens of exquisite | 精致园林 |
[02:44] | and matchless beauty. | 和极美景致 |
[02:50] | Heaven | 天堂 |
[02:53] | shall be here. | 就应是这里的样子 |
[03:58] | The light is fading, master. | 主人 天要黑了 |
[04:04] | Torches! | 点火 |
[05:03] | Madame? | 夫人 |
[05:27] | Is it? | 是那个吗 |
[05:29] | A week tomorrow at 11:00. | 明天十一点起 为期一周 |
[05:32] | Don’t forget about the length. | 别忘了这裙子很长 |
[05:34] | If you stand on the hem, you’ll rip it at the waist. | 要是踩到了 就会从腰部撕开 |
[05:37] | It’s pinching me here. | 这里勒得有点紧 |
[06:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:53] | Master Le Notre, | 勒·诺特尔大师 |
[06:55] | I am delighted to make your acquaintance. | 很高兴认识您 |
[06:59] | I’ve long been an admirer of your work. | 我一直很仰慕您的作品 |
[07:01] | Le Notre? | 勒·诺特尔 |
[07:04] | Too clever by half, if you ask me. | 要我评价的话 实在高明 |
[07:06] | And riding on his father’s name. | 远超出他父辈的名气 |
[07:09] | The strategy I employ is to imitate. | 我应征的策略就是模仿 |
[07:12] | They cannot resist flattery. | 王室喜欢听好话 |
[07:14] | ‘Tis all vanity to these bigwigs. | 权贵之人只爱慕虚荣 |
[07:18] | Of course, once you’re in, you must have the talent. | 当然如果想加入必须有绝技 |
[07:22] | Speaking of vanity, | 谈到虚荣心 |
[07:24] | there’s a hat, now, gentlemen. | 绅士们 这顶帽子真不错 |
[07:30] | Who is this person? | 那人是谁 |
[07:31] | That’s Madame de Barra. | 是鲍劳夫人 |
[07:34] | I’m astounded by that. | 真是美呆了 |
[08:01] | Monsieur Mauve’s plans. | 这是莫夫先生的规划图 |
[08:07] | How many more candidates, Claude? | 克劳德 还有多少人竞选 |
[08:09] | Three more, monsieur, after this one, but the end is in sight. | 这个之后还有三个 先生 但是快了 |
[08:14] | Dullness or disrespect, that is my apparent choice. | 或许无聊 或许失礼 我的观点很明确 |
[08:18] | If the king’s demands were not so vast, | 要不是国王要求的面积太大 |
[08:19] | I would build the gardens myself. | 我就亲自参与园林的修建了 |
[08:21] | Indeed, master. | 大师 说的没错 |
[08:22] | And in the meantime… | 那现在… |
[08:31] | Monsieur Mauve. | 莫夫先生 |
[08:33] | Madame de Barra. | 鲍劳夫人 |
[08:35] | Monsieur Duras. | 杜拉斯先生 |
[08:38] | -That a new coat? -The wife’s idea. | -新做的大衣 -贱内的主意 |
[08:40] | Be covered in mud by Tuesday, | 周二旧衣服上溅上了泥点 |
[08:42] | but by then she thinks we’ll have this job, | 但是她觉得我们会成功 |
[08:43] | so the coat will have been a worthwhile extravagance. | 所以即便花了不少钱 这件衣服也是值的 |
[08:45] | Sound reasoning. | 听来合乎情理 |
[08:46] | Gentlemen, I’ve not had the pleasure. | 先生们 还未有幸相识 |
[08:49] | Jean Risse and Daniel Le Vielle, | 这是让·里斯和丹尼尔·勒·维耶勒 |
[08:52] | Madame Sabine de Barra. | 这位是萨宾·鲍劳夫人 |
[08:53] | You’re all here for the interview? | 你们都是来面试的吗 |
[08:55] | We are, and you? | 没错 你呢 |
[08:57] | The same. | 彼此彼此 |
[08:58] | Been in Paris long, madame? | 夫人 在巴黎待了多久 |
[09:00] | Two years. | 两年 |
[09:01] | And you’ve worked for someone before that? | 之前做过谁的项目吗 |
[09:03] | I know all the contractors in the provinces. | 我认识省内所有的承包商 |
[09:07] | All the gentlemen, that is. | 所有的都是男人 |
[09:09] | There is no gentleman, monsieur. | 先生 我没为什么人做过项目 |
[09:11] | I work for myself. | 都是独自完成 |
[09:15] | We all to be interviewed at this time? | 我们都是参加这次面试的吗 |
[09:16] | We’re here early | 我们来得比较早 |
[09:17] | to spy out the other candidates. | 偷偷观察了一下其他参与者 |
[09:20] | -I’ve been in already. -Oh, how did you fare? | -我已经从里面出来了 -你聊得怎么样 |
[09:22] | Spent upwards of an hour with him. | 聊了将近一个小时 |
[09:23] | Very detailed examination of the work, so, you know, we shall see. | 聊到了工程细节 走着瞧吧 |
[09:27] | You must have impressed him. | 他一定对你印象深刻 |
[09:28] | I worked for his father. | 我为他的父亲工作过 |
[09:30] | I’m not disheartened. | 我不无希望 |
[09:40] | He seems not disheartened, too. | 他看上去也蛮有希望的 |
[09:42] | Madame de Barra. | 鲍劳夫人 |
[09:45] | Well, gentlemen. | 先生们 失陪 |
[09:47] | Best of fates to you. | 祝你好运 |
[09:49] | Claude Moulin, madame. | 夫人 我是克劳德·穆兰 |
[09:51] | Secretary to Master Le Notre. | 是勒·诺特尔大师的助理 |
[09:53] | Have you met the master before? | 您之前与大师见过面吗 |
[09:54] | I have not. | 没有 |
[10:22] | Madame. | 夫人 |
[10:23] | Sir. | 先生 |
[10:26] | I’m delighted to make your acquaintance. | 很高兴结识您 |
[10:29] | I have long been an admirer of your work. | 一直以来 我都很仰慕您的作品 |
[10:32] | I am so pleased to attend… | 我很高兴来参加… |
[10:34] | These are your plans, madame? | 夫人 这是你的规划图吗 |
[10:35] | Yes. Some are to be seen around the country. | 有些已经在市郊建成了 |
[10:38] | Others are still in progress, | 有些仍在施工中 |
[10:40] | not yet completed. | 还未完成 |
[10:42] | However, as required, there are two sets of plans to your instructions. | 然而 根据要求按您的指示 准备了两套规划图纸 |
[10:47] | The fifth and sixth, I believe. | 第五套和第六套 |
[10:52] | Perhaps at the bottom… | 没准被压在下面了… |
[10:53] | I have examined them. | 我已经仔细看过了 |
[10:55] | Ah. So… | 那… |
[10:58] | May I ask you a question, madame? | 夫人 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[11:00] | By all means, master. | 大师 随意问 |
[11:02] | Are you a believer in order? | 你遵循设计的秩序吗 |
[11:04] | -Order? -Order over landscape? | -秩序 -景观设计的秩序 |
[11:08] | Well, I admire it. | 非常遵循 |
[11:10] | Looking at these plans, there seems to be no trace. | 这些平面上看不出秩序的痕迹 |
[11:14] | I would not agree. | 我不赞成 |
[11:17] | I think there is pattern enough | 我认为六的模数 |
[11:18] | in number six to suggest absolutely… | 可以完完全全表现出一种模式… |
[11:20] | Do you believe in order over landscape? | 你遵循景观设计的秩序吗 |
[11:30] | Order seems to demand that we look back to Rome or to the Renaissance. | 秩序 貌似需要回顾罗马或文艺复兴时期 |
[11:37] | What I’m saying is, surely, | 我的意思是 |
[11:38] | isn’t there something uniquely French | 目前 就没有法国人自己独创的 |
[11:41] | as yet not celebrated by us? | 大家都推崇的形式吗 |
[11:46] | Which needs the rules of order to attain it. | 要想做到也需要遵循秩序 |
[11:48] | All of my work | 我所有的作品 |
[11:51] | is based on a principle you choose to deny. | 都基于你所不赞同的原则 |
[11:54] | I wonder that you tender yourself | 我怀疑 |
[11:56] | for a position with someone you believe | 你来申请和我合作 |
[12:00] | to be outdated. | 却觉得我的思想已过时 |
[12:01] | Sir, I… | 先生 我… |
[12:03] | I have nothing but admiration | 我对您大规模的作品 |
[12:05] | for the scale of your work. | 除了仰慕 并无其他 |
[12:06] | You were the first to use such techniques. | 你是第一个应用这种技术的人 |
[12:08] | I must apologize for any insult that I may have unwittingly | 我为我冒昧的无礼行为 |
[12:14] | offered you. | 道歉 |
[12:15] | Perhaps, madame, | 也许 夫人 |
[12:17] | when you have been in the public eye | 当你和我的家族一样 |
[12:19] | and available for ridicule | 成为公众焦点 |
[12:20] | for as long as my family has, | 容易被人嘲弄 |
[12:21] | you will think again about this conversation. | 到时候你会对今天的对话有新的理解 |
[12:27] | Good day to you. | 慢走 |
[12:36] | Three minutes, would you say? | 你看有三分钟吗 |
[13:22] | How was the interview? Well? | 谈得怎么样 还不错吗 |
[13:26] | Not so well. | 不怎么样 |
[14:31] | You have a preferred candidate, master? | 大师 你有倾向的人选吗 |
[14:36] | The king wants to improve on perfection | 国王希望提升完美度 |
[14:38] | and reach for the impossible. | 达到不可能的高度 |
[14:41] | I’m surrounded by barbarians. | 我被野蛮人包围了 |
[14:43] | No doubt it’s death if I fail him. | 要是做不到 必死无疑 |
[14:46] | Prison, more like. | 更可能是蹲大牢 |
[14:48] | Get your hands dirty, see what grows. | 放手一搏 听天由命 |
[14:50] | That’s what your father would have done. | 如果是你父亲 他会这么做 |
[14:56] | You once said, “No man, however grand, | 您曾说过”不论身份 除非遇见 |
[14:59] | “knows what he wants until you give it to him.” | 没有人会知道他想要的是什么” |
[15:03] | True. | 没错 |
[16:13] | A gentleman wishes to see you. | 有位先生相见你 |
[16:15] | Monsieur Le Notre. | 勒·诺特尔先生 |
[16:17] | -Here? -Don’t worry, I’ll stay. | -他来了 -别担心 我留下来帮你 |
[16:19] | Come on. | 快 |
[16:21] | Oh! Here. | 给 |
[16:23] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[16:36] | Madame will be with you presently. | 夫人马上会来见你 |
[18:49] | My father taught me gardening. | 我的父亲教会我园艺 |
[18:51] | He encouraged me to see beauty and re-create it, | 他鼓励我发现 重塑美丽 |
[18:54] | not as an exercise, more as an act of faith. | 与其说是创作 更像是一种信仰的实现 |
[18:58] | He told me that God put us first into a garden, | 他说 上帝创造人类的时候 就在花园里 |
[19:02] | and when we lost Eden, we were fated to search and reinvent it again, | 当我们离开伊甸园 命中注定进行觅寻 重塑 |
[19:06] | but only some of us have the gift of knowing this. | 但是我们之中 只有部分人有这样的天赋 |
[19:11] | Only some of us have that gift. | 只有部分人有这样的天赋 |
[19:21] | I spied on you today before you attended the interview. | 今天见面前 我偷偷观察了一下你 |
[19:29] | You moved one of my pots. | 你移动了我的一只花盆 |
[19:34] | I did. | 是的 |
[19:41] | I was curious. | 我很好奇 |
[19:50] | I will not take up too much of your time. | 我不会占用你太多时间 |
[19:53] | I have been looking again at your plans. | 我又重新看了下你的规划图 |
[19:55] | You did not care for them. I am none the less for it. | 你并没有把它们当回事 我能接受 |
[19:58] | In plain truth, I am used to it. | 说实话 我习惯了 |
[19:59] | I did not say I did not care for your plans. | 我没有说不把你的图纸当回事 |
[20:02] | I said I could find no order in them. | 我说我并没有发现设计中的秩序 |
[20:05] | This abundance of chaos, | 这一堆乱糟糟的东西 |
[20:08] | this is your Eden? | 就是你心中的伊甸园吗 |
[20:11] | My search for it. | 是我的探求 |
[20:13] | I spoke today of the pressure of being in the public eye. | 我今天提到 作为公众人物的压力 |
[20:17] | I will spare you any repetition, but, madame, in my world, | 你可以随意重复 但是夫人 在我的世界里 |
[20:20] | even anarchy is by royal command, | 即便是无政府状态 也须由王室操控 |
[20:23] | and chaos must adhere to budget. | 即便是混乱 也须有预期而循 |
[20:28] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[20:54] | Later, messieurs. | 再见 先生 |
[20:56] | Gentlemen. | 绅士们 |
[21:07] | Welcome to Versailles. | 欢迎来到凡尔赛 |
[21:09] | You found your way here without too much effort, I hope. | 希望你找到这没费什么力气 |
[21:11] | The map you sent was wonderfully accurate. | 你给我的地图太精确了 |
[21:13] | I shall need it to get back out again. | 我出去还会用到 |
[21:15] | We shall be traveling about a bit. | 我们四处转转 |
[21:17] | Madame de Barra, Monsieur Sualem and De Ville. | 鲍劳夫人 这是赛伦先生和维尔先生 |
[21:20] | They are building the Marly waterworks | 他们正在参与马利水厂 |
[21:22] | and an aqueduct from there to Versailles, | 和从那到凡尔赛沟渠的修建 |
[21:24] | which we hope will alleviate the severe water shortage here. | 希望这样可以减缓这水资源紧俏的问题 |
[21:27] | -Madame. -Gentlemen. | -夫人 -先生们 |
[21:29] | Madame de Barra will be constructing | 鲍劳夫人将会参与 |
[21:31] | the Rockwork Grove here at Versailles. | 凡尔赛假山林的建造 |
[21:33] | Water, or rather the lack of it, | 水源 或者说水源的紧俏 |
[21:35] | will be a pressing concern. | 是个压迫性的关键问题 |
[21:36] | Master, the king’s ambitions are already… | 大师 国王的目标已经… |
[21:38] | Are vast and ever changing, and our task is to meet them. | 大且不定 我们只要做到迎合需求 |
[21:41] | With respect, no man can meet infinite demand. | 并无冒犯 没人能够满足无限的需求 |
[21:44] | The king’s commands are not infinite, De Ville. | 维尔先生 国王的需求不是无限的 |
[21:46] | They are the king’s commands. | 只是国王的需求而已 |
[21:47] | Well, quite so, but the aqueduct can only do so much. | 的确如此 但是沟渠提供不了太多水 |
[21:50] | When we began construction, | 刚开始修建时 |
[21:51] | I was under the impression that… | 我就在想… |
[21:52] | The past is history. | 过去的已经过去了 |
[21:54] | Our task is to suppress nature to our will, | 我们的任务是 根据现有的规划 |
[21:56] | according to the present plans. | 使自然服务于我们的意志 |
[21:58] | But, monsieur, the money being spent. | 但是先生 钱在一点点花掉 |
[22:01] | The aqueduct will carry sufficient water | 沟渠带来凡尔赛的水足够了 |
[22:02] | to the gardens of Versailles because it must. | 因为必须够用 |
[22:04] | That is your brief. | 记住这个就够了 |
[22:06] | Madame? | 夫人 |
[22:09] | It is essentially your plan, | 基本上用了你的方案 |
[22:12] | number six in your submission, I believe. | 是你提议的六的模数 |
[22:15] | This part is entirely original to myself. | 这部分完全是我最初的构想 |
[22:20] | You see? | 看见了吗 |
[22:21] | It fits onto this end of your plan. | 和这边你的规划完全吻合 |
[22:25] | Now you can see the extent of the enterprise. | 你可以看看这边怎么弄 |
[22:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:30] | It’s a large, flat area. | 这片场地又大又平 |
[22:35] | An arena with tiered sides. | 可以设一个分层布置的舞台 |
[22:38] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[22:44] | The orchestra | 管弦乐队 |
[22:47] | will be up here. | 可以在这里演奏 |
[22:48] | Orchestra? | 管弦乐队 |
[22:51] | A ballroom. | 舞场 |
[22:54] | It’s an outdoor ballroom. | 露天舞场 |
[22:55] | There is a pool of builders. | 我们有很多施工人员 |
[22:57] | Select whatever supplies you care to. | 需要什么尽管挑 |
[22:59] | Commission whatever embellishments you think appropriate. | 想怎么装尽管提 |
[23:03] | Time is not unlimited. | 时间是有限的 |
[23:06] | Here’s the budget. | 这是预算 |
[23:08] | Try not to exceed it. | 尽量控制在范围内 |
[23:17] | Master? | 大师 |
[23:22] | Why me? | 为什么选择了我 |
[23:26] | These gardens should be large enough | 林子大了 |
[23:27] | to embrace voices other than my own. | 什么鸟都可以有 |
[24:18] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[24:20] | I’m coming. | 来了 |
[24:43] | Madame de Barra. | 鲍劳夫人 |
[24:44] | Monsieur, forgive me for disturbing you at home, | 请原谅我来府上打扰您 先生 |
[24:47] | but I’ve been reworking the plans. | 我一直在修改规划图纸 |
[24:51] | If… If We fill | 如果…如果在山顶 |
[24:54] | a reservoir at the top of the hill, | 修建一座水库 |
[24:56] | we would have enough water to run the fountains | 我们就有足够的水 |
[24:58] | and the building works. | 供给喷泉和建筑物了 |
[25:01] | We don’t need water continually if we just recycle it. | 如果循环利用 就不需要持续供水 |
[25:04] | Pressure will force it back up to the start again. | 压力会将水重新带回起点 |
[25:07] | And there’s a river, | 这有条河 |
[25:11] | here, underground. | 在这地下 |
[25:14] | May I? Of course. | 我能看看吗 当然 |
[25:22] | Well, thank you, madame. | 夫人 谢谢你 |
[25:25] | I will examine these in more detail. | 我会仔仔细细研究一下细节的 |
[25:27] | I must apologize if this adds to the turmoil. | 如果反添了麻烦 那我很抱歉 |
[25:29] | I am trained to it. | 我习惯了 |
[25:31] | Like a good plant, I submit. | 我可以像好的植物一样 经受风吹雨打 |
[26:17] | We waited an hour for a gaming table. | 我们在赌桌边等了一小时 |
[26:20] | Montespan and Lauzun had monopolized them. | 蒙特斯庞和洛赞一直霸占着 |
[26:22] | Anyway, then came the news her house was on fire. | 然后听说她家着火了 |
[26:26] | We felt sure this would end her winning streak. | 我们坚信这噩耗会让她丧失打牌的斗志 |
[26:28] | Apparently not. The marquise played on. | 显然并没有 侯爵夫人没有停下来 |
[26:31] | Her children were safe, what could she do? | 她孩子们没事 她又能怎样呢 |
[26:33] | She showed wonderful spirit and was clapped for it. | 心态之好 为之动容 |
[26:38] | How does this dress look on me, Andre? | 安德烈 我穿这条裙子怎么样 |
[26:42] | Andre, are you listening? | 安德烈 你听见我说话了吗 |
[26:44] | You look very well in it. | 非常美 |
[26:46] | What are you studying that’s so important? | 你在研究什么 那么重要 |
[26:50] | Some plans. | 规划图 |
[26:52] | Versailles. | 凡尔赛 |
[26:56] | Are these the drawings that woman brought to the house? | 这些是那个女人拿来的图吗 |
[27:00] | -They are. -I see. | -是的 -猜到了 |
[27:05] | Button these gloves for me, Andre. | 安德烈 帮我把手套上的扣子系好 |
[27:17] | Blunt instruments. | 不是很灵巧 |
[27:20] | Perhaps that’s what makes us a good match. | 没准就是如此 我们才够般配 |
[27:23] | You’re creative, | 你富有创造力 |
[27:24] | but unable for the more delicate maneuvers. | 但是干不了细活 |
[27:27] | Don’t forget that, Andre. | 安德烈 你别忘了 |
[27:29] | I’m the expert. | 我天生贵族 |
[27:30] | You’re merely the gardener, however grand. | 你无论做得多好 也只是个园艺师 |
[27:34] | Without me to promote your interests, well, | 要是没有我的助力 |
[27:38] | use your famous imagination. | 用你天才的想象力 好好想想 |
[28:11] | That’s more than enough for one day. | 这些足够一天的用量了 |
[28:21] | What… | 怎么… |
[28:24] | Where are you… | 你们都… |
[28:25] | Where are you going? | 你们都去哪 |
[28:32] | Luc? | 卢克 |
[29:24] | The sight of you, madame. | 夫人 瞧瞧你 |
[29:27] | What time were you up this morning? | 这么大清早的你起来干嘛 |
[29:28] | Did you not sleep again? | 是不是又没睡觉 |
[29:30] | I don’t remember. | 记不清了 |
[29:32] | You must take more care. | 你必须多注意身体 |
[29:34] | You’ll never last at this rate. | 这样下去 身体会垮掉 |
[29:35] | Then what will become of us? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[29:37] | I always think of something. Hmm. | 我总会权衡的 |
[29:40] | Came today. | 今天到的 |
[29:47] | What does it say? | 说什么了 |
[29:54] | What does it say? | 说什么了 |
[30:11] | Anyone you know? | 有你认识的吗 |
[30:18] | Monsieur Duras. | 杜拉斯先生 |
[30:27] | Need to know your way around the crews. | 想来看看你队伍带得怎么样 |
[30:29] | Otherwise, you end up with the wasters. | 结果就剩下你和这堆垃圾了 |
[30:31] | The lot you had before, | 之前分给你的人 |
[30:33] | they’re cooling their heels on another site. | 在其他地方侯着呢 |
[30:34] | Won’t bother us again. Same with the timber suppliers. | 他们不会再来捣乱了 木材商也不会了 |
[30:37] | One of your friends at the interview recommended them. | 都是你面试时的一个朋友推荐来的 |
[30:41] | Perhaps he hadn’t thought it through. | 他可能没有考虑清楚 |
[30:42] | And you have? | 你考虑清楚了吗 |
[30:43] | If you fail, we all fail. | 如果你做不成 我们都跟着受罪 |
[30:46] | Not pretty, I’ll grant, but it’s true. | 我承认牵连不多 但是会有 |
[30:52] | So… | 然后呢… |
[30:53] | So, I learned after some inquiries | 然后 我了解到委任者的一些调查 |
[30:55] | who had the commissions, and everybody had good laborers | 除你之外 |
[30:57] | coming out their ears except you. | 每个人都有左膀右臂 |
[30:58] | Thanks to your friends at the interview. | 还不是托你面试时那个朋友的福 |
[31:00] | Some men take losing harder than others. | 有些人要比别人失去更多 |
[31:02] | I, on the other hand, have a leviathan for a wife | 另一方面 我自己用巨轮换了个老婆 |
[31:04] | and am very used to being on the losing end. | 已然习惯了失去 |
[31:06] | She issued very precise instructions | 什么大事小情她都要插手 |
[31:08] | which, as I say, I would never dare go against. | 我从不敢忤逆 |
[31:10] | Instructions? | 大事小情 |
[31:11] | “Ask her for work.” | “叫她快去干活” |
[31:13] | Well, a man snaps like a carrot exposed to the leviathan. | 和巨轮相比 人类简直渺小的可以摧毁 |
[31:18] | Besides, I have little ones. | 此外 我还有几个小孩子 |
[31:21] | They make me proud, | 我在别处就算再卑微 |
[31:23] | even if I am humbled elsewhere. | 他们也使我感到骄傲 |
[31:26] | Can I take this off now? | 我能把这东西摘下来吗 |
[31:35] | I’ve been issued an invitation to the Louvre. | 有人给我发了一张去卢浮宫的请帖 |
[31:37] | Gracious me. | 天哪 |
[31:39] | Supper, too, I expect. Very nice. | 我猜也像这里一样壮观 不错啊 |
[31:42] | Will there be others there? | 会有很多人吗 |
[32:34] | Versailles shall be the heart of our kingdom, | 凡尔赛会成为我们国家的核心 |
[32:38] | inhabited by the finest examples of humanity, | 那里留存人性最美的典范 |
[32:43] | fit for the gods of old to behold | 自古以来人类就拥有的美德 |
[32:47] | and finding their echo in gardens | 在园中可欢歌笑语 |
[32:50] | where each new turn brings another excitement. | 亦可移步换景 |
[32:55] | Fountains whose gentle flow | 喷泉轻缓的水流 |
[32:58] | is balm enough to ease a ringing ear. | 镇定我们浮躁的双耳 |
[33:02] | Scented groves of orange blossom blown by temperate winds. | 和煦的清风 吹来丛中橙花盛放的幽香 |
[33:21] | What light, what beauty, what hope. | 何等轻快 何等美艳 何等希望 |
[33:27] | Versailles, Versailles, | 凡尔赛 凡尔赛 |
[33:31] | Versailles. | 凡尔赛啊 |
[33:44] | Oh, pardon me. | 借过 |
[33:57] | I believe this is the way forward, madame. | 夫人 应该从这边走 |
[34:05] | Some cool night air is, I think, | 依我看 夫人 |
[34:07] | in order, madame, do you not? | 来感受一下清爽的晚风怎么样 |
[34:09] | Oh. | 哦 |
[34:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:13] | Your first time at court, madame? | 夫人 第一次来参加宫廷仪式吗 |
[34:15] | Is… Is that where I am? | 这…这个是宫廷仪式 |
[34:17] | Where did you imagine yourself to be? | 不然你觉得呢 |
[34:20] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:23] | A reception for the gardeners of Versailles. | 以为是凡尔赛园艺师的聚会而已 |
[34:27] | A sort of shed affair? | 小屋里的聚餐吗 |
[34:28] | How exquisite. | 打扮蛮精致 |
[34:30] | A tiara amongst the weeds. | 简直鹤立鸡群 |
[34:32] | I think I… | 我觉得自己… |
[34:34] | I have underestimated the event on some level, monsieur. | 低估了这次活动的层次 先生 |
[34:37] | Antoine Nompar de Caumont, | 安托万·农帕·科蒙 |
[34:38] | Marquis de Puyguilhem, Duc de Lauzun. | 卜奎利安侯爵 杜克·洛赞 |
[34:42] | Antoine. | 叫我安托万 |
[34:45] | -Sabine de Barra. -Charmed. | -萨宾·鲍劳 -好名字 |
[34:47] | Now, let me give you the grand tour. | 我带你下去走走吧 |
[34:51] | What do you know of us, madame, we mice in a trap? | 你了解我们多少 夫人 我们是笼子里的金丝雀 |
[34:56] | Not a thing, I’m sorry to say. | 遗憾地说 并不太了解 |
[34:59] | Winter, summer, autumn, spring, we are here. | 四季更替 我们的居所不变 |
[35:02] | We may not leave without permission of the king. | 没有国王的允许 我们是不可以离开的 |
[35:06] | Yes, mice in a trap. | 是笼子里的金丝雀 |
[35:08] | A small community, there’s only about 2,000 of us. | 这地方不大 上上下下只有两千人左右 |
[35:11] | Everybody knows everybody else. | 互相之间都认识 |
[35:14] | Everybody has worked their way through the group. | 每个人都得和这个圈子打交道 |
[35:17] | “Worked their way through”? | “和这个圈子打交道” |
[35:19] | Fought with, had an affair with, that kind of thing. | 竞争 合作 等等 |
[35:28] | Marquise de Montespan. Late, as usual. | 蒙特斯庞侯爵 每次都迟到 |
[35:31] | She’s the king’s mistress. Has at least four of his children, | 是国王的情妇 给他生了不下四个孩子 |
[35:33] | but his attention has wandered. | 但是国王变心了 |
[35:35] | Now there is a new star rising. | 现在有新欢了 |
[35:37] | -Oh? -Madame de Maintenon. | -哦 -是曼特农夫人 |
[35:40] | -And she is here? -Devoted to God. | -她在场吗 -极信仰上帝 |
[35:42] | Never attends anything as frivolous as a party, | 和一些人不同 |
[35:44] | unlike some people. | 她从不参加这样无聊的聚会 |
[35:46] | Don’t look. They’re talking about us. | 别看他们 他们在谈论咱们呢 |
[35:48] | Madame de Barra. | 鲍劳夫人 |
[35:51] | You are… | 你… |
[35:53] | Am I… Am I late? | 我…来晚了 |
[35:55] | No. | 不是 |
[35:57] | -Early? -No. | -早了 -也不是 |
[35:59] | What, then? | 那是什么 |
[36:02] | Here. | 你来了 |
[36:03] | One of your gardeners? Perfect. | 你们一起工作的吗 挺好的 |
[36:05] | I must accompany the marquise to supper. | 我得去陪侯爵共进晚餐了 |
[36:08] | I could surrender my new friend into your care? | 把我的新朋友交给你了 |
[36:10] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[36:11] | Guard her well, monsieur. | 先生 看好她 |
[36:13] | The vultures are circling. | 周围都在直勾勾地盯着呢 |
[36:15] | It has been my pleasure. | 我很荣幸 |
[36:17] | Madame? | 夫人 |
[36:29] | It seems an extraordinary life. | 这里的生活很特别 |
[36:34] | But you may come and go? | 但是你可以随意进出吗 |
[36:35] | Oh, yes. | 没错 |
[36:37] | I’m out and about. | 我会去附近走走 |
[36:39] | And now they’re all moving to Versailles. | 现在他们都要搬到凡尔赛去了 |
[36:41] | To a village. | 搬到小村庄 |
[36:43] | Will you not join them? | 你不和他们一起吗 |
[36:45] | I would go slowly mad. | 慢慢的 我会疯掉的 |
[36:47] | Oh. | 哦 |
[36:49] | Do they think of you as a vegetable grower or something? | 他们怎么看你 种菜的 还是什么 |
[36:53] | You show no consideration for my vanity, madame. | 夫人 你对我的虚荣心毫不关心 |
[36:55] | I’m quite sure you possess none. | 我敢说你没有虚荣心 |
[36:58] | What of you, Madame Sabine de Barra? | 那么你呢 萨宾·鲍劳夫人 |
[37:01] | Are you prone? | 你会爱慕虚荣吗 |
[37:03] | You remember my hat? | 记得我戴的帽子吗 |
[37:05] | It would be impossible to forget. | 印象深刻 |
[37:07] | It was a considerable expense. | 花了不少钱 |
[37:09] | And entirely unnecessary. | 完全没有必要的开销 |
[37:11] | Nolly! | 诺利 |
[37:13] | My dear old cabbage! | 我的小伙伴 |
[37:15] | Monsieur. | 先生 |
[37:16] | Give me a kiss instantly or I shall take grave offense. | 快来亲我一下 要么你死定了 |
[37:20] | What a splendid hat. Do you think so? | 看我的帽子多棒 你觉得呢 |
[37:22] | I’m trying it out, I never wear a hat. | 今天试戴了一下 之前是从来不戴帽子的 |
[37:24] | -No. -Fear of squashing my wig. | -没错 -别压到我的假发 |
[37:26] | But who’s this? | 这位是 |
[37:28] | Dear lady, you are prostrate. Allow me. | 亲爱的女士你真美 我扶你 |
[37:30] | May I present | 我来介绍一下 |
[37:32] | His Royal Highness Philippe, Duke of Orleans? | 这是奥尔琳家族的菲利普·杜克 |
[37:35] | Your Highness, this is Madame Sabine de Barra. | 阁下 这位是萨宾·鲍劳夫人 |
[37:37] | Delighted, madame. | 夫人 很高兴认识你 |
[37:39] | How is it that a woman of such exquisite taste | 这样一位品味精致的女人 |
[37:42] | falls in with a clay kicker like Andre here? | 怎么能和安德烈这样的土小子在一起呢 |
[37:45] | I must confess to being a clay kicker myself, Your Highness. | 阁下 不得不说 我自己也是个土姑娘 |
[37:48] | I am working for the master at Versailles. | 在凡尔赛 我在大师手下工作 |
[37:51] | I am unable to picture it. | 难以想象 |
[37:52] | Do tell us how it is that you are. | 给我们详细地介绍一下你自己吧 |
[37:55] | Oh. May I present Marquis du Vasse? | 请让我介绍一下瓦斯侯爵 |
[37:57] | -Master Le Notre, Madame de Barra. -Delighted. | -勒·诺特尔大师 鲍劳夫人 -很高兴认识你们 |
[37:59] | But the mystery remains, madame. | 但是夫人 我还是很好奇 |
[38:01] | What is a woman of such restrained sophistication | 这样一位难掩风韵的女人 |
[38:03] | doing with Nolly here? | 和诺利在这干嘛呢 |
[38:05] | I speak from the opposite end of the fashion scale. | 我是从时尚的角度说的 |
[38:07] | I don’t apologize for it, I like it about myself. | 我不感到这样不好 我喜欢自己这样 |
[38:09] | Answer, madame. Stop me talking. | 说吧夫人 别叫我一直说下去了 |
[38:13] | It was the only thing I knew how to do, for money. | 为了赚钱 这是唯一可以做的 |
[38:16] | And you enjoy your profession? It stimulates you? | 你喜欢做你的工作 会激励你 |
[38:19] | It has seen me through some very hard times | 有过一段艰难的时刻 |
[38:21] | and allowed me to be independent. | 但是教会了我独立 |
[38:22] | Dearest! | 亲爱的们 |
[38:24] | I simply do as I am told. | 一般别人怎么说 我就怎么做 |
[38:26] | Even down to marrying large German women. | 即便是屈尊娶了一个大只的德国女人 |
[38:29] | Though, I confess, I like her better than my last wife, | 但我承认 她比我上一任老婆好多了 |
[38:31] | who is dead as a doornail now, thank God. | 那女人冷淡得像只门钉一样 谢天谢地 |
[38:34] | Do kiss me, husband. Lam in need of affection. | 快吻我 老公 我需要爱的滋润 |
[38:39] | It is wonderful to have access to one’s spouse. | 和自己的爱人在一起 感觉太好了 |
[38:43] | My dear, we’re being very rude. | 亲爱的 我们这样太不礼貌了 |
[38:44] | Princess Palatine, Duchess of Orleans, | 巴拉汀公主 奥尔琳家族公爵夫人 |
[38:46] | may I present Madame de Barra, who… | 容我介绍 这位是鲍劳夫人 她… |
[38:48] | Nolly, what is Madame de Barra engaged to do? | 诺利 鲍劳夫人是做什么的 |
[38:51] | Hold for this, my dear, it will interest you. | 亲爱的注意听一定会吸引你的 |
[38:53] | She is to build a water cascade at Versailles. | 她在凡尔赛 负责一座小瀑布的修建 |
[38:56] | Nothing like it will exist in the gardens. | 这是园林设计中独一无二的 |
[38:58] | How fascinating. | 这么棒 |
[38:59] | I am a great admirer of engineering. | 我非常喜欢工程类的事情 |
[39:02] | Madame, you must promise to show us. | 夫人 你一定要答应带我们去看看 |
[39:04] | Perhaps Your Highnesses | 或许 阁下 |
[39:05] | would care to take lunch at the Louveciennes aqueduct? | 你们不介意在卢浮宫的沟渠旁用午餐吧 |
[39:08] | Is it in the country? | 在市郊吗 |
[39:10] | I always disappear in the country. | 我在市郊总是迷路 |
[39:12] | But now that we are to move out to Versailles, | 但现在我们都要搬到凡尔赛去了 |
[39:14] | I shall become a human jellyfish. | 就像只人形水母 |
[39:17] | A miserable, formless being. | 悲惨得不知何从 |
[39:19] | We should love to come, Master Le Notre. | 勒·诺特尔大师 我们很乐意参加 |
[39:24] | Everybody should really attend, I imagine. | 我想大家都会去的 |
[39:26] | Come, Madame de Barra. | 来吧 鲍劳夫人 |
[39:28] | Take a turnabout with me and tell me of your scheme. | 陪我转转 给我讲讲你们的方案 |
[39:31] | With pleasure, Your Highness. | 很乐意 阁下 |
[39:35] | Well, Nolly, Madame de Barra has certainly thrilled my dearest. | 诺利 鲍劳夫人让我家亲爱的感到兴奋 |
[39:39] | Has she thrilled you also? | 也让你感到兴奋吗 |
[39:43] | She’s very diverting and extremely clever at what she does, I think. | 她让人快乐 而且很会做事 |
[39:46] | Do you indeed? | 真的吗 |
[39:47] | I am glad. | 我很高兴 |
[39:49] | Good man. | 小伙子不错 |
[40:00] | Macaroon? | 来点杏仁饼吗 |
[40:02] | Thank you, sire. | 多谢陛下 |
[40:08] | My speech went down well, I thought. | 我觉得我的演讲反响还不错 |
[40:10] | It did. | 的确是 |
[40:12] | “The finest examples of humanity” certainly enjoyed it. | “人性最好的例子”说的真好 |
[40:18] | We may be building with stone, but I can tell you it’s a feather | 我们可能是用石头建成的 但是我告诉你 |
[40:21] | compared to the weight of the state. | 与国家相比 简直轻如鸿毛 |
[40:26] | My brother tells me you’re inviting | 我兄弟告诉我 你对花园 |
[40:28] | new ideas into the gardens. Why? | 又有新的想法 为什么 |
[40:30] | I’ve been persuaded to expand my horizons. | 我一直在说服自己 开拓我的视野 |
[40:32] | Have they been tested? | 测试过了吗 |
[40:34] | They are, in my opinion, appropriate. | 测试了 依我看来 很合适 |
[40:37] | Appropriate? | 合适 |
[40:42] | Last year, we had the Nymphs and Shepherds costume party, | 去年 我们举办了”仙女与牧人”的化装舞会 |
[40:46] | and it was not a bit funny, all those haggard faces under flaxen wigs. | 不是很有趣 都是一群带着假发的黄脸婆 |
[40:49] | We looked ancient. | 我们看起来很老 |
[40:50] | I want a window to perfection | 我想要一个完美的视角 |
[40:52] | so that people can see the very best of themselves. | 这样人们就能看到他们最好的一面了 |
[40:56] | We’ve grown too old for jokes. | 我们年纪已大 不适合开玩笑了 |
[40:59] | The work will be original but balanced. | 作品虽然很新颖 不过恰到好处 |
[41:03] | The responsibility will be mine. | 责任都是我的 |
[41:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:09] | It will. | 是你的 |
[41:17] | Andre. | 安德烈 |
[41:19] | I did not see you there in the gloom. | 我没看到你坐在这黑暗之中 |
[41:28] | Did you enjoy your evening? | 今晚玩的开心吗 |
[41:30] | As much, I imagine, as you did yours. | 差不多吧 我猜跟你们差不多 |
[41:41] | You were with that woman. | 你去找那个女人了 |
[43:15] | Clear! | 安全 |
[43:42] | You are reckless, madame. | 你真是不计后果 夫人 |
[44:01] | Do you know that my husband and the marquis are lovers? | 你知道…我丈夫和那个侯爵相爱吗 |
[44:04] | It has not stopped us having children, and he loved them dearly. | 他们没有阻碍我们生小孩 而且他还很爱孩子 |
[44:10] | In battle, he’s immensely brave. | 在战争中 他非常勇敢 |
[44:13] | And he has a good heart. | 而且他很善良 |
[44:15] | I am happy with my choice. | 我很庆幸我没有选错人 |
[44:36] | Another thing about the country | 这个国家的另一个问题就是 |
[44:39] | is the muck. | 泥地 |
[44:42] | One encounters it everywhere. | 到处都是 |
[44:45] | Or beasts making muck. | 或者是野兽弄得 |
[44:49] | The country is full of muck. | 全国到处都是泥地 |
[44:57] | I sometimes feel entirely defeated by life’s extremities. | 有时候我觉得 彻底被生活的极端打败 |
[45:01] | When I come to a place like this, | 当我来到这样的地方 |
[45:04] | gradually, a small courage takes hold of me | 慢慢地 我有一股小小的勇气 |
[45:07] | and I feel fitter for things. | 我感觉能够胜任了 |
[45:10] | Do you feel that way often? | 你经常有这种感受吗 |
[45:12] | More so with time. | 越来越多了 |
[45:20] | Your wife does not accompany you ever? | 你妻子不陪着你吗 |
[45:23] | That is, she does not come out with you, | 就是说 其他时间 除了现在 |
[45:26] | other times, besides now? | 她不跟你出来吗 |
[45:32] | You’re very direct, madame. | 你说话真直接 夫人 |
[45:41] | We have an arrangement. | 我们有协议的 |
[45:45] | I feel disloyal in discussing such matters. | 讨论这种事 我感觉不忠诚 |
[45:49] | You are also married? | 你也结婚了 |
[45:53] | No. | 没有 |
[45:57] | My husband died. | 我丈夫去世了 |
[45:59] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[46:03] | Today you said I was reckless, | 你今天说我不计后果 |
[46:05] | but to be reckless is to abandon safety, | 不过不计后果是为了舍弃安全 |
[46:08] | but I think maybe it is safety that has abandoned me. | 但我认为 是安全舍弃了我 |
[46:30] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[46:34] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[46:36] | It… | 这… |
[46:40] | I would like to walk on. | 我们快走吧 |
[46:42] | Of course. | 好的 |
[46:46] | Come. | 走吧 |
[46:47] | There’s something you should see. | 有样东西你应该看看 |
[47:04] | It’s a shrine. | 这是个圣地 |
[48:05] | The queen is dead. | 女王仙逝了 |
[48:42] | So kind. | 真好 |
[48:43] | So quick. | 真快 |
[49:06] | Did you have fun on your picnic, Andre? | 你外出郊游玩得开心吗 安德烈 |
[49:11] | I take it, madame, you are unaware of events? | 还行 夫人 你还不知道那件大事 |
[49:14] | Events? | 大事 |
[49:16] | What do you mean, events? | 什么意思 大事 |
[49:17] | The queen is dead, madame. | 女王仙逝了 夫人 |
[49:20] | -The queen? -Is dead. | -女王 -仙逝了 |
[49:27] | The king could marry again? | 那国王又要娶妻了 |
[49:29] | But no longer to your friend, the marquise, I think. | 不过我觉得不会再娶你的朋友 侯爵夫人了 |
[49:32] | I feel sorry for Montespan. | 蒙泰斯庞的事 我很遗憾 |
[49:37] | Tread carefully, madame. | 小心点 夫人 |
[49:52] | More on the wagon! | 再多来点 |
[49:53] | No, the other one. | 不是 是另外一个 |
[49:56] | I want the seasoned wood. | 我要风干木材 |
[49:58] | Seasoned. | 风干的 |
[50:08] | Here, pass it here. | 给 递过来 |
[50:19] | Madame de Barra. | 鲍劳夫人 |
[50:26] | Master. | 主人 |
[50:28] | You’ve made some progress here. | 你们这里进步了 |
[50:30] | I have a new foreman. | 来了个新的领班 |
[50:32] | Monsieur Duras. | 杜拉斯先生 |
[50:41] | We’ve had to drain the soil below the fountain. | 我们得把水排到喷泉下面的泥土里 |
[50:43] | The ground is waterlogged. | 土地可以吸水 |
[50:45] | It’s a problem common to the gardens. | 这是所有园林的共同问题 |
[51:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:25] | Do you sometimes forget to eat? | 你有时候是不是忘记吃东西了 |
[51:31] | This is pâté from Madame de la Tour. | 这是托尔夫人做的肉酱 |
[51:34] | She feeds the ducks on seaweed. | 她给鸭子喂海草 |
[51:38] | It was all she could afford. | 她只能买得起这个 |
[51:41] | Virtue from necessity. | 传统美德 |
[51:49] | What amuses you? | 你笑什么 |
[51:52] | There was an Irish woman who died, | 有个爱尔兰女人去世了 |
[51:53] | and her husband put on her tombstone, | 她丈夫给她立墓碑 |
[51:56] | “Here lies Eleanor Fitzgerald. | “埃莉诺·菲茨杰拉德躺于此 |
[51:59] | “Her virtues exceeded her failings.” | 她的美德胜过她的失败” |
[52:02] | How noble of him. | 他真高尚 |
[52:04] | You think he showed her that before she died? | 你觉得他在她死前给她看过吗 |
[52:07] | I’d have stuck an arrow in his eye. | 那我会戳瞎他的眼睛 |
[52:10] | Perhaps he was being truthful. | 他可能就是很真诚 |
[52:18] | How is the king? | 国王怎么样了 |
[52:21] | Shocked, I believe. | 我猜很震惊 |
[52:24] | Poor little Spanish woman. | 可怜的西班牙小女人 |
[52:26] | Has her head chopped off and her organs laid out neatly. | 她的头被砍下来 器官被摆放的整整齐齐 |
[52:29] | And all her friends, her maids, everyone, | 她所有的朋友 仆人 所有人 |
[52:32] | must gather around the table. | 必须聚集成一桌 |
[52:36] | Why would they chop her head off? | 他们为什么要砍掉她的头 |
[52:38] | To see what she died of. | 看她是怎么死的 |
[52:43] | You must attend the funeral, I suppose? | 你要参加葬礼吧 |
[52:51] | Well, I should go. | 我是该去 |
[53:25] | It is I, King Monsieur. | 是我 国王陛下 |
[53:27] | May I? | 我能进来吗 |
[53:30] | Come, then, brother. | 进来吧 兄弟 |
[53:32] | If the king does not eat, France does not eat. | 如果国王不吃东西 整个法国就不能吃东西 |
[53:36] | I shall feed France, | 我会给他们吃的 |
[53:38] | and you must put up with it. | 而你必须把这吃完 |
[53:40] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[53:42] | I have rose jellies. | 我拿了玫瑰花冻 |
[53:49] | Have you lemon? | 你有柠檬吗 |
[54:05] | I wish to go to Marly. | 我要去找马利 |
[54:08] | And I wish to be alone. | 我要自己一个人去 |
[54:43] | Try not to bend the tops. | 不要把上面折弯了 |
[56:56] | My beauties. | 我美丽的果实 |
[59:01] | Monsieur de la Quintinie? | 昆蒂尼先生 |
[59:09] | Madame Sabine de Barra. | 我是萨宾·鲍劳夫人 |
[59:11] | I’m very happy to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[59:13] | I am directed by the Office of Buildings of Versailles | 我受凡赛尔建筑所的指示 |
[59:16] | to order shrubs, such as I require, from your good self. | 来订购灌木 因此要求见到您本人 |
[59:21] | I have brought with me a selection of perennials | 我还带了一些精选的多年生植物 |
[59:24] | I thought we might exchange. | 我想着可以交换 |
[59:32] | Is this the Four Seasons? | 这是四季花吗 |
[59:39] | Yes, I believe so. | 是的 没错 |
[59:42] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[59:43] | Divine. | 真香 |
[59:46] | Good color, too. | 颜色也很漂亮 |
[59:47] | You say you have a selection of plants? | 你说你有精选的植物 |
[59:50] | I had them unloaded into a little cart, | 还没卸货 在车里 |
[59:52] | intending to have them conveyed here, | 本来打算把它们运送到这里的 |
[59:54] | but there seems to be no one about. | 不过好像没人帮忙 |
[59:56] | I wished to be alone, I had them sent away. | 我想一个人清静 把地们都叫走了 |
[59:59] | If you wish to be alone, I could come back. | 妒果你想一个人清静的话 那我可以以后再来 |
[1:00:01] | No, no, no. | 不 不 |
[1:00:02] | I find you are the very company I need today. | 我发现我今天需要你陪我 |
[1:00:07] | Nothing would suit me better than for me, | 对我来说 没有谁比我这个 |
[1:00:14] | the king’s gardener, | 国王的园丁更合适 |
[1:00:17] | to take some advice on perennials. | 来给多年生植物提建议了 |
[1:00:23] | Allow me, madame, to assist you. | 请允许我来帮你 夫人 |
[1:00:26] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:00:28] | Most kind, monsieur. | 太好了 先生 |
[1:00:33] | You are a devoted pear man, master. | 你真是个梨子专家 大师 |
[1:00:36] | I quite like them, not overly. | 我挺喜欢梨子 但不是极其喜欢 |
[1:00:39] | Oh… | 噢 |
[1:00:40] | I think the master is playing a trick on me. | 我觉得大师在跟我开玩笑 |
[1:00:44] | A trick? | 玩笑 |
[1:00:45] | Well, yes, I do know of your book on pears. | 是的 我知道你写的有关梨子的书 |
[1:00:49] | My book on pears? | 我写了有关梨子的书 |
[1:00:54] | Oh, yes, I have written a book on pears. | 噢 对 我是写过一本关于梨子的书 |
[1:00:59] | I believe I said I liked them a lot in my book. | 我在书里写了 我非常喜欢梨子 |
[1:01:02] | I believe you did. | 是的 没错 |
[1:01:05] | And perennials. | 还有多年生植物 |
[1:01:09] | You like flowers, master? | 你喜欢花吗 大师 |
[1:01:10] | Madame de Barra, I love all flowers passionately. | 鲍劳夫人 所有的花我都非常喜欢 |
[1:01:13] | However, I am banished from using as many as I would like | 我还因为在凡赛尔 种花种的太多 |
[1:01:16] | at Versailles by the Master Le Notre. | 而被勒·诺特尔大师将我驱逐出去 |
[1:01:18] | He indulges me in a few small parterres. | 他纵容我 待在一些小花坛里 |
[1:01:20] | I’d hoped to be able to convert him when we took up residence. | 我还希望我能跟他交换住所 |
[1:01:23] | However… | 然后… |
[1:01:28] | Oh! | 噢 |
[1:01:31] | You’re wise to me now, madame. | 看来你很了解我了 |
[1:01:37] | May we ignore all that and continue as before? | 那我们就当我没说 继续前面的话题吧 |
[1:01:43] | Today, I am | 今天 |
[1:01:47] | Monsieur de la Quintinie. | 我是昆蒂尼先生 |
[1:01:49] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[1:01:51] | And you are. | 你是的 |
[1:01:58] | You are the better for the move to Versailles, sire? | 你从凡赛尔搬出来 反而更好吧 陛下 |
[1:02:00] | Very much. | 没错 |
[1:02:02] | It’s good for the children to be away from the city. | 远离城市 对小孩有好处 |
[1:02:04] | I know it’s a crush for everybody. | 我知道所有人都觉得这是压榨 |
[1:02:07] | I felt, though, that I should never get the builders out | 不过我认为 除非我搬进去 |
[1:02:09] | unless I moved in. | 否则我绝对不会把建筑工赶出去 |
[1:02:12] | You are familiar with builders, Madame de Barra? | 你跟建筑工熟吗 鲍劳夫人 |
[1:02:15] | At present, I am building in your gardens at Versailles. | 目前 我正在修建你在凡赛尔的花园 |
[1:02:19] | Which construction would that be? | 哪个建筑商 |
[1:02:22] | The Rockwork Grove. | 假山林子 |
[1:02:25] | I am familiar with it. | 这个我很熟 |
[1:02:26] | I cannot claim it entirely as my own. | 我自己做不了主 |
[1:02:29] | Master Le Notre took a simple sketch of mine | 勒·诺特尔大师看了一下我的草图 |
[1:02:32] | and made it outstanding, so… | 然后就建的非常出色 |
[1:02:37] | You see my reluctance. | 你看出我不情愿了吧 |
[1:02:39] | You admire the master, madame? | 你很钦佩他 是吗 |
[1:02:45] | He is the most complete person I know. | 他是我了解的最彻底的人 |
[1:02:50] | You make me lonely for someone to describe me thus. | 我也想有个人这么形容我 |
[1:03:00] | These are your flowers? | 这些是你的花吗 |
[1:03:39] | My wife died recently. | 我妻子最近去世了 |
[1:03:41] | Did you hear? | 你听说了吗 |
[1:03:43] | I did, sire. | 听说了 陛下 |
[1:03:47] | I remember the day of your marriage. | 我记得你结婚那天的场景 |
[1:03:50] | I hope so, it cost enough. | 我希望是这样 那花足了钱 |
[1:03:53] | Though her father paid for a large portion. | 尽管她父亲承担了很大一部分 |
[1:03:58] | Astray in his wits, bless him. | 他投错资了 愿上帝保佑他 |
[1:04:01] | A long bloodline, never a good thing. | 很悠久的血统 却没带来一件好事 |
[1:04:06] | She was an innocent, really. | 她很天真 真的 |
[1:04:11] | But she was nice. | 但她很美丽 |
[1:04:15] | And devoted to me. | 而且对我很忠诚 |
[1:04:21] | I found this after she died. | 在她死后我找到了这个 |
[1:04:26] | It’s just an account of our lives. | 这是我们生活的账目 |
[1:04:30] | The writing’s like a child’s. | 她的字就像孩子写的一样 |
[1:04:32] | You see here? | 你看到这里了吗 |
[1:04:35] | “Today I saved a flower from His Majesty.” | “今天我从陛下手里救下了一朵花” |
[1:04:38] | And then the time and the place. | 然后是时间地点 |
[1:04:44] | This little woman’s secret life. | 这个小女人的生活秘密 |
[1:04:50] | I feel the loss of it. | 我觉得失去了太多 |
[1:04:57] | I should like to marry again. | 我想我该再结一次婚了 |
[1:05:01] | This time someone I choose, | 这次我选的对象 |
[1:05:04] | not the state. | 不是法国人 |
[1:05:07] | Has Your Majesty someone in mind? | 你有过喜欢的人吗 |
[1:05:08] | I have, but the lady’s very pious. | 有过 但她太虔诚了 |
[1:05:12] | Most evenings I stroll over to her rooms, and we just sit and talk. | 很多个晚上我漫步到她的房间时 我们只是坐下聊天 |
[1:05:19] | But it is the ease of it I like. | 但我就是喜欢这份闲适 |
[1:05:24] | The ease. | 闲适 |
[1:05:29] | Unfortunately, she is of no birth, | 不幸的是 她出身太低微了 |
[1:05:32] | so, you see, I am at a little impasse. | 所以 我有点无计可施了 |
[1:05:37] | If you were to be married to | 如果你要和你选中的女人 |
[1:05:41] | the lady of your choosing, | 结婚时 |
[1:05:45] | would it be necessary for everyone to know? | 非得让所有人都知道吗 |
[1:05:48] | If the ceremony were private, between the couple, | 如果只是夫妻两个人私下举行婚礼 |
[1:05:54] | who would be in a position to argue the outcome? | 又有谁会指责这样的结果呢 |
[1:05:56] | They would be foolish to do so afterwards, when it was done. | 事后去指责会显得很愚蠢 |
[1:06:01] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[1:06:04] | Yes. | 没错 |
[1:06:10] | So much to contend. | 我们要争论的东西太多了 |
[1:06:18] | And what of you, Madame de Barra? | 你有什么打算 鲍劳夫人 |
[1:06:22] | What pulse drives you? | 是什么动力驱使着你 |
[1:06:25] | There is someone you love? | 你有爱的人吗 |
[1:06:29] | I cannot say. | 我不能说 |
[1:06:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:06:36] | Because… Because of something private. | 因为…这是我的私事 |
[1:06:39] | What is so private that it cannot be shared in love? | 是什么爱如此私密 连分享一下都不可以 |
[1:06:42] | The time has come, madame, | 是时候了 夫人 |
[1:06:45] | for us both to face down our past | 我们都应该放下过去 |
[1:06:48] | and live in the present. | 活在当下 |
[1:06:55] | I shall write a letter from one gardener to another, | 我应该写一封供园丁传阅的信 |
[1:06:58] | shall we say, in return for seeds sown. | 我们可以说 回信可以播下种子 |
[1:07:02] | It will bring you to the court, | 那会带你入场 |
[1:07:06] | where my eye | 在那里 |
[1:07:10] | will always be on you. | 我会一直关注着你 |
[1:07:15] | I shall not forget our day in the garden, Madame de Barra. | 我不会忘了我们在花园度过的时光 鲍劳夫人 |
[1:07:33] | Are you still fiddling with your bits, Andre? | 你还在玩这些小玩意儿 安德烈 |
[1:07:37] | It helps me think. | 它能帮助我思考 |
[1:07:38] | For you. | 给你的 |
[1:07:40] | It has the fleur-de-lis. | 上面有鸢尾花纹 |
[1:07:45] | Is it from the king, I wonder? | 我想这是国王寄来的 |
[1:07:54] | Is it an invitation? | 是一封邀请函 |
[1:07:57] | There is something you need, madame? | 你还有什么需要吗 夫人 |
[1:07:59] | Andre? So secret? | 安德烈 这么保密 |
[1:08:01] | I must inform you, since you ask, | 既然你问了 我就告诉你吧 |
[1:08:04] | that I leave for Fontainebleau at the end of the week. | 这周末我就要动身去枫丹白露了 |
[1:08:06] | Fontainebleau? | 枫丹白露 |
[1:08:09] | I was not aware there were activities. | 我不知道那儿有什么活动啊 |
[1:08:11] | The marquise must have forgotten. | 侯爵夫人一定是忘记了 |
[1:08:13] | I will travel there alone. | 我一个人去 |
[1:08:16] | Plainly, madame, that is the position. | 坦率地讲 夫人 这就是现状 |
[1:08:18] | If you will excuse me. | 如果你想指责我也没关系 |
[1:08:21] | Madame de Barra. | 鲍劳夫人 |
[1:08:23] | Is she an aspect of your life I must now include? | 她就是你生活中的另一面的吗 如果我硬要问的话 |
[1:08:26] | Andre, a builder? | 安德烈 一个建筑师 |
[1:08:29] | I’m a builder, madame. | 我才是建筑师 夫人 |
[1:08:31] | You are funded by that profession. | 而你就是投资者 |
[1:08:33] | Very amusing. | 这真有趣 |
[1:08:35] | Perhaps that is the fantasy between you and she. | 或许这就是你和她的梦幻生活 |
[1:08:38] | So be it. | 诚心所愿 |
[1:08:39] | However, I must request that | 但是 我必须要求你把这些 |
[1:08:40] | you keep it separate from our lives. | 和我们的生活分离开来 |
[1:08:43] | If this liaison became common knowledge, | 如果这层关系被大众得知 |
[1:08:44] | it would make me a laughingstock. | 这就会使我成为笑柄 |
[1:08:46] | It makes my flesh crawl. | 这会令我毛骨惊然 |
[1:08:47] | I remind you, madame, that it was you who embarked on this path. | 夫人 我想提醒你的是 是你制造了这个机会 |
[1:08:52] | You and only you dictated how we live now, | 是你 也只有你一手打造了我们现在的生活 |
[1:08:56] | and you did it, madame, | 你真的做了 夫人 |
[1:08:58] | when I needed you most. | 在我最需要你的时候 |
[1:08:59] | Andre. | 安德烈 |
[1:09:03] | I feel us at the edge of something here. | 我感觉我们的关系处在破裂的边缘 |
[1:09:07] | I’m trying to pull us back. | 我努力想要把我们拉回来 |
[1:09:08] | You knew the damage you inflicted, | 你知道你自己承受了多大的伤害 |
[1:09:10] | but you have been free to live your life as you wished | 但你可以自由地选择过你的生活 |
[1:09:13] | without embarrassment from me. | 而不需要考虑会尴尬 |
[1:09:15] | I ask you now to extend me the same courtesy. | 现在我也请求获得同等的待遇 |
[1:09:20] | Andre, you must make the sensible choice here. | 安德烈 你必须在这里做一个明智的决定 |
[1:09:23] | Do not exclude me, I beg you. | 别让我出局 我求你了 |
[1:09:28] | I begged you once. | 我也求过你一次 |
[1:09:31] | Do you remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[1:09:32] | Allow me to give you the same advice you gave me then. | 请允许我把当时你给我的建议还给你 |
[1:09:35] | You said, “It is a matter of feeling special. | 你说”这是一种非常特别的感觉 |
[1:09:39] | “If we are unable, one, to make the other feel special, | “如果我们不能 彼此让对方感到特别 |
[1:09:43] | “we must just accept it, | “我们必须承认这个事实 |
[1:09:45] | “seek comfort elsewhere | “然后到别人那里 |
[1:09:46] | “with others. | “寻求安慰 |
[1:09:49] | “It is an honest contract, my dear. | “这是我诚挚的请求 亲爱的 |
[1:09:52] | “You’ll grow used to it.” | “你会慢慢习惯的” |
[1:09:55] | That is what you said. | 那就是你说的一切 |
[1:10:25] | What’s the root ball like? | 根垛怎么样了 |
[1:10:28] | It’s a bit dry. | 有点干 |
[1:10:30] | Soak them overnight. | 晚上再浸泡一遍 |
[1:10:31] | You may not need to. | 或许没必要了 |
[1:10:33] | Just secure them, then. | 保险起见 |
[1:10:35] | We should cover these tiers. | 我们得把这层盖上 |
[1:10:47] | I need more rope. | 我需要更多的绳子 |
[1:10:48] | I need more food. | 我需要更多吃的 |
[1:10:50] | In the warm. | 而且要热的 |
[1:10:51] | You go on, I’ll follow. | 你先去 我马上来 |
[1:11:05] | Madame de Barra. | 鲍劳夫人 |
[1:11:12] | My name is Le Notre. | 我是勒·诺特尔 |
[1:11:20] | Madame. | 夫人有事吗 |
[1:11:23] | Did you ever see someone | 你有没有注意要有些人 |
[1:11:25] | and know that they were to play a role in your life? | 在你的生活中扮演着重要的角色 |
[1:11:28] | You’re a widow, I believe. | 我知道你是个寡妇 |
[1:11:31] | How lonely that must be. | 那该多孤独啊 |
[1:11:35] | I’ve known for some time that Andre had some secret happiness, | 我有几次注意到了 安德烈有了秘密的开心事 |
[1:11:40] | but my husband’s ambitions are married only to mine. | 但我的丈夫的计划是只会跟我结婚 |
[1:11:45] | You’re not the first diversion, | 你也不是第一个人让他分心了 |
[1:11:46] | and I believe at the moment, | 我相信在那个时刻 |
[1:11:48] | not the only one. | 你不会是唯一的一个 |
[1:11:50] | You will come and you will go. | 你只是一个过客 |
[1:11:54] | Understand me, madame. | 懂了吗 夫人 |
[1:11:58] | It suits my husband and I this way. | 我的丈夫很擅长做这些事情 |
[1:12:16] | Pretty thing. | 你真美 |
[1:12:44] | We found the sluice gate that connects the reservoir to the fountain. | 我们发现了 连接蓄水池和喷泉的闸门 |
[1:12:49] | If we fill it, the pressure in the pipes will build, | 如果我们灌满水池 水管的压力就会上升 |
[1:12:52] | and we can flood the grove. | 然后我们就可以把果园给淹了 |
[1:12:57] | Do it. | 去做吧 |
[1:13:03] | Later. | 等会儿 |
[1:14:41] | Use the wood to hold it down! | 用木头压住 |
[1:14:46] | The sluice gate must be open! | 水闸肯定开了 |
[1:14:47] | We need more hands! | 我们人手不够 |
[1:14:49] | Then pray. | 那就祈祷吧 |
[1:14:51] | To hell with that. | 该死的发生了什么 |
[1:16:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:17:08] | Will it mend? | 还能修吗 |
[1:17:10] | It will mend. | 会修好的 |
[1:17:13] | The tiers were too weak. | 这一层太薄弱了 |
[1:17:15] | The gate was left open. | 闸门一直开着 |
[1:17:17] | You cannot be blamed for that, or the storm. | 这不能怪谁 |
[1:17:23] | What should I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[1:17:25] | Adapt. | 适应 |
[1:17:29] | Like a well-trained plant? | 就像训练良好的植物一样 |
[1:17:32] | Like a well-trained plant. | 就像训练良好的植物一样 |
[1:17:40] | Am I part of an amusement for you? | 我对你来说只是一种消遣吗 |
[1:17:44] | Not at all. | 绝对不是 |
[1:17:47] | I’m unused to all this. | 我对这一切都不习惯 |
[1:17:52] | Is it honest? | 你是真心的吗 |
[1:17:56] | -Are you? -No. | -是吗 -不是 |
[1:18:00] | I have not been honest since I watched you in my garden. | 当我在花园里看到你的第一眼开始 我就已经不诚实了 |
[1:18:04] | Your heart beats fiercely. Mine just ticks. | 你的心跳得很猛烈 而我的很缓慢 |
[1:18:10] | I have not gifts to offer such a wonder. | 我没有那样的天赋去承受这样的奇迹 |
[1:18:14] | If you are hungry, I’ll feed you. | 如果你饿了 我可以给你吃的 |
[1:18:18] | If I am mad, you will tell me. | 如果我疯了 也麻烦你告诉我 |
[1:18:21] | You are not mad. | 你没疯 |
[1:18:24] | You don’t know all of me yet. | 你一点也不了解我 |
[1:18:31] | Are you hungry? | 你饿吗 |
[1:18:34] | Starving. | 饿极了 |
[1:18:54] | Are you not happy? | 你不开心吗 |
[1:18:57] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:19:01] | That’s what is making me cry. | 我快要忍不住哭泣了 |
[1:19:17] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:19:25] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:19:26] | Don’t ask me. | 什么也别问 |
[1:20:23] | What am I to say? “It is original”? | 我该说什么”这就是原创” |
[1:20:26] | “Continue indefinitely”? | “还是尚未确定” |
[1:20:28] | Do you expect that of us? | 你们是这么期望的吗 |
[1:20:32] | You’ve been working with Madame de Barra. | 你们是和鲍劳夫人一起工作 |
[1:20:35] | Are you committed to this design? | 你要为这个设计负责吗 |
[1:20:38] | If I may say, Your Majesty, | 如果要我说 陛下 |
[1:20:40] | I was just as skeptical as you are in the beginning, like. | 我一开始也像您一样怀疑 |
[1:20:42] | But now? | 但现在呢 |
[1:20:43] | I’m a convert, so to speak, Your Majesty. | 我改变主意了 就是这样 陛下 |
[1:20:45] | Even now, the setbacks were due to nature, sire. | 就算是现在 这个挫折自然造成的 陛下 |
[1:20:48] | Perfection does not bow to nature. | 完美不该向自然低头 |
[1:20:49] | What on earth are those things? | 地上的那些是什么 |
[1:20:51] | Well, sire, I’m glad you asked me that, because that, really, | 陛下 我很开心你会问这个 因为那就是 |
[1:20:54] | is what Madame de Barra is. | 鲍劳夫人真正在做的东西 |
[1:20:56] | Odd, sire. | 这个怪东西 陛下 |
[1:20:57] | May I show Your Majesty? | 我可以给您展示一下吗 |
[1:21:09] | You will recall what I said about Nymphs and Shepherds. | 你让我想起了我对仙女和牧人的评论 |
[1:21:12] | As we age, we see things more clearly. | 年纪大了 看东西就更透彻了 |
[1:21:17] | This project, | 这个项目 |
[1:21:21] | is it worthy of us? | 还值得继续吗 |
[1:21:28] | There’s no precedent for Madame de Barra’s vision. | 鲍劳夫人的眼光是史无前例的 |
[1:21:32] | Trust is all we can give to those who reach into the new, sire. | 信任是我们唯一能给创新者的东西 陛下 |
[1:21:38] | But when beauty can be described with such imagination, | 但如果能用美丽来形容她的设想的话 |
[1:21:40] | then her art, above all I know, | 那么她的作品会高于我所知道的一切 |
[1:21:44] | is worthy of the king. | 值得归王室享有 |
[1:21:50] | I see only mud. | 我只看到了泥巴 |
[1:21:55] | Your words we will weigh later. | 你很快就会改观了 |
[1:21:59] | For now, inform Madame de Barra | 但现在 麻烦通知鲍劳夫人 |
[1:22:01] | that I shall see her at Fontainebleau. | 我会在枫丹白露见她一面 |
[1:22:35] | I do not know | 我不知道 |
[1:22:38] | what story this tells | 这里面有什么故事 |
[1:22:41] | or what harm it is part of. | 或对你造成多大的伤害 |
[1:22:45] | This is a bad end for both of us, | 这对你我都是一个不好的结局 |
[1:22:49] | and I am sorry for it. | 对此我很抱歉 |
[1:23:44] | Welcome to Fontainebleau. | 欢迎来到枫丹白露 |
[1:23:46] | Antoine. How beautiful you look. | 安托万 你看起来真漂亮 |
[1:23:49] | I believe it is compulsory. | 我觉得这是必须的 |
[1:23:50] | Indeed. However, some of the ladies find it more of a challenge. | 确实 然而有些女士要穿上就更难了 |
[1:23:53] | I am bound to say, I see no trace of that challenge in you. | 我想说 我好像没看到你有这个问题 |
[1:23:56] | Do not talk to me about it, madame. | 别这么说 夫人 |
[1:23:58] | I am ruined by the expense, and worse, | 我已经为经费焦头烂额了 更糟糕的是 |
[1:24:00] | it is interfering with my gaming. | 别人还对我的游戏横加干涉 |
[1:24:03] | I must confess that escorting you down is something of a coup. | 我必须承认陪你下楼是一个妙计 |
[1:24:07] | How so? | 为什么呢 |
[1:24:08] | There are several parties who are anxious to meet you. | 因为那很多人都想认识你 |
[1:24:11] | I am no one. | 不会吧 |
[1:24:13] | What could the interest be? | 我身上有什么有趣的地方吗 |
[1:24:15] | Madame, you answer yourself. | 夫人 你自己看 |
[1:24:17] | You see how they look at you? | 你看到他们看你的眼神了吗 |
[1:24:19] | You are no one where everybody is someone, | 你在这群大人物中只是一个无名小卒 |
[1:24:21] | and yet you are here. | 但你依然在这里 |
[1:24:23] | That makes you more the someone. | 这就让你更特殊了 |
[1:24:25] | Especially if you have conversation. | 特别是你还有个伴说话 |
[1:24:27] | Words just tumble. | 我无话可说了 |
[1:24:31] | You see? | 看到了吗 |
[1:24:33] | People are looking our way with interest, because of my mirth. | 人们都饶有趣味地看着我们走过 因为我很高兴 |
[1:24:36] | But the hordes may not have you yet. | 而其他一大群人都还不认识你 |
[1:24:38] | I am under strict instruction to convey you to one person in particular. | 我接到了特殊的命令 带你去见一个特别的人 |
[1:24:41] | The Marquise de Montespan. | 玛吉斯 蒙特斯班 |
[1:24:43] | Heavens, the lengths I’ve had to go to, madame. | 天哪 我去了太久了 夫人 |
[1:24:46] | I have had to bribe, lie and use every form of deception to meet you. | 我必须用尽手段 才能见到你 |
[1:24:50] | How much did you pay the maître d’hôtel? | 你给曼切特旅馆付了多少钱 |
[1:24:51] | Five gold louis. Was that too much? | 5个路易斯金币 太多了吗 |
[1:24:53] | Money well spent. | 钱就是用来花的 |
[1:24:54] | Lauzun, I love you dearly. | 洛赞 亲爱的我爱你 |
[1:24:56] | Kiss me now and leave me to explore my prize. | 吻我然后把她交给我吧 |
[1:24:59] | I shall enjoy you later. | 我等会儿再来陪你 |
[1:25:01] | -Madame. -Good fortune at the tables. | -夫人 -祝你在桌上好运 |
[1:25:03] | I feel lucky tonight. | 我觉得今晚我会走运 |
[1:25:05] | My dearest friend and a most divine lover. | 我最亲爱的朋友和最完美的情人 |
[1:25:08] | What can I say, madame? | 我该怎么形容呢 夫人 |
[1:25:09] | Events overtook us before I had the king’s interest. | 我们相遇在我引起国王的兴趣之前 |
[1:25:12] | Is this your first time at Fontainebleau? | 这是你第一次来枫丹白露吗 |
[1:25:14] | -It is. -Have you no birth? | -是的 -你是出生平民吗 |
[1:25:16] | Not a drop. No blood whatsoever. | 我一点贵族的血统都没有 |
[1:25:18] | You are here entirely on your own merits. | 你能来这里完全是你自己努力所得 |
[1:25:21] | I know a famous man. | 我认识一个名人 |
[1:25:22] | Ah, I see. | 啊 我知道了 |
[1:25:23] | I was going to offer you Lauzun, | 我本来要带你见洛赞 |
[1:25:24] | but you’re ahead of the game. | 但你已经提前见过了 |
[1:25:25] | -Athenais. -Palatine. | -雅典娜伊斯 -帕拉蒂尼 |
[1:25:31] | And Madame de Barra. | 还有鲍劳夫人 |
[1:25:33] | I’m so happy to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[1:25:35] | Princess. | 王妃殿下 |
[1:25:36] | Oh, please, call me madame. | 叫我夫人就好了 |
[1:25:38] | It’s affectionate, and everybody does. | 大家都很对你很感兴趣 |
[1:25:40] | Come. My secret space. | 来吧 我的秘密空间 |
[1:25:49] | -Do you dig earth? -Yes. | -你挖土吗 -是的 |
[1:25:52] | Yet you’re not blackened by the sun. | 但你没有被晒黑 |
[1:25:54] | Perhaps a little. | 应该有一点 |
[1:25:55] | And never had the smallpox. Your skin is clear. | 而且没有一点天花痕 你的皮肤真好看 |
[1:25:58] | Show us your breasts. Are they pretty? | 给我们看看你的胸脯 它们漂亮吗 |
[1:26:01] | Would you like to see mine? Mine are the most beautiful. | 你想看看我的吗 我的是这里最漂亮的 |
[1:26:03] | Yes, they are, apart from Suzanne, who’s 70. | 是的 在苏珊娜之后 她已经70了 |
[1:26:06] | Oh, yes, hers are perfect. | 对 没错 她的是最完美的 |
[1:26:08] | You see, here, touch. Oh! | 你看 这里 摸摸看 |
[1:26:15] | Your eyes are the color of the sea. | 你的眼睛跟海的颜色一样 |
[1:26:17] | This gown is cut differently. | 这件礼服裁剪真特别 |
[1:26:19] | I like it at the waist. | 我喜欢腰的部分 |
[1:26:20] | Are you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[1:26:22] | -Widowed. -Did you like your husband? | -结过 -你爱你的丈夫吗 |
[1:26:24] | -Yes. -Children? | -是的 -孩子呢 |
[1:26:29] | Dead? | 去世了吗 |
[1:26:32] | A girl. | 一个小女孩 |
[1:26:35] | How old? | 多大 |
[1:26:38] | Six. | 6岁 |
[1:26:39] | Palatine has lost her son, too. | 帕拉蒂尼也失去过一个儿子 |
[1:26:44] | He was four. | 他只有4岁 |
[1:26:47] | So little and beautiful. | 那么小 那么可爱 |
[1:26:49] | Charles was one. | 查尔斯也是一个 |
[1:26:51] | I lost Joan and Ann together. | 我失去了琼和安 |
[1:26:54] | Smallpox. | 死于天花 |
[1:26:55] | I lost my husband and my son on the battlefield. | 我的丈夫和儿子死在了战场上 |
[1:26:59] | They died in each other’s arms. | 他们枕着彼此的手臂长眠 |
[1:27:02] | I’m barely here. | 我是唯一的一个了 |
[1:27:05] | How did they die? | 他们是怎么去世的 |
[1:27:09] | Do you find it hard to speak of it? | 你不愿意提起吗 |
[1:27:13] | That can happen. | 那也情有可原 |
[1:27:18] | I put everything in a trunk. | 我把所有的东西都装在一个箱子里 |
[1:27:22] | All their clothes, shoes, | 所有他们的衣服 鞋子 |
[1:27:26] | her toys. | 她的玩具 |
[1:27:29] | I haven’t had the courage to go in there since. | 我一直没有勇气去面对 |
[1:27:35] | When you are strong enough, my dear, | 等你足够坚强的时候再去吧 亲爱的 |
[1:27:38] | when you are strong enough. | 等你足够坚强的时候 |
[1:27:40] | We’re not allowed to speak of death at court. | 我们不能在大厅里谈论死亡的话题 |
[1:27:44] | The king does not like it, | 国王不喜欢 |
[1:27:46] | but we speak about it amongst ourselves. | 但我们自己会私下讨论 |
[1:27:48] | Nobody may ban a child from its mother’s heart. | 没有那个母亲能忍受失去自己的孩子 |
[1:27:55] | I commended all my children into Maintenon’s care. | 我把孩子都委托给曼特农照顾 |
[1:27:59] | How she has turned on me now. | 她现在会怎么评价我呢 |
[1:28:03] | Saintly old bitch. | 圣洁的老女人 |
[1:28:06] | It is an amazement to me a convent has not claimed her. | 我很吃惊有一个女修道院没有承认她 |
[1:28:10] | Costume’s not as lavish. | 那里衣服太少了 |
[1:28:14] | Oh. The king comes. | 国王来了 |
[1:28:17] | Have you been presented before? | 你以前出席过吗 |
[1:28:20] | No. | 没有 |
[1:28:56] | Your Majesty, it is my pleasure | 陛下 我乐意 |
[1:28:59] | to present Madame de Barra. | 为您呈见鲍劳夫人 |
[1:29:03] | Madame. | 夫人 |
[1:29:07] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[1:29:13] | Is it a Four Seasons? | 它是四季花吗 |
[1:29:16] | It is, sire. | 是的 陛下 |
[1:29:19] | For the most famous gardener in the world. | 对世界上大多数著名的园艺师来说 |
[1:29:25] | Allow me, | 请允许我 |
[1:29:27] | Your Majesty. | 献给陛下 |
[1:29:37] | A light, honest scent. | 一股淡淡的 诚挚的香气 |
[1:29:43] | Natural and unforced. | 自然而不勉强 |
[1:29:48] | Some of the roses seem faded | 有些玫瑰看起来已经凋败 |
[1:29:51] | and overblown. | 和过了花期了 |
[1:30:00] | That fate awaits all roses, sire. | 这就是等待着玫瑰的命运啊 陛下 |
[1:30:07] | Continue, madame. | 继续 夫人 |
[1:30:10] | All roses are open to the elements, Your Majesty. | 所有的玫瑰的开放是有自然原理的 陛下 |
[1:30:14] | They bud, bloom and fade. | 它们蓓蕾 盛开然后凋谢 |
[1:30:19] | Is that so, madame? | 是那样吗 夫人 |
[1:30:20] | The rose grows entirely unaware, | 玫瑰完全没意识到自己的成长 |
[1:30:23] | changing naturally from one state to another, | 只是自然地从一种状态转到另一种状态 |
[1:30:27] | and although the elements may treat her cruelly, | 尽管自然有时候对她很残忍 |
[1:30:30] | she knows nothing of it and continues to her end | 但她毫无所知 只是继续自己的使命 |
[1:30:33] | without judgment on her beauty. | 也丝毫不评判她的美丽 |
[1:30:37] | Alas, | 唉 |
[1:30:39] | ’tis not the same for us. | 这跟我们是不一样的 |
[1:30:43] | If such a rose could speak, | 如果玫瑰能说话 |
[1:30:48] | what would she say? | 她会说什么呢 |
[1:30:52] | Yes, I am here | 我就在这里 |
[1:30:55] | and gave service under nature’s eye, | 在自然的眼睛下奉献自己 |
[1:30:58] | and after me, my children will be. | 我死去后 我的孩子会接过我的事业 |
[1:31:03] | Is there any greater contribution or more graceful end? | 还有比这更伟大和更优雅的一生吗 |
[1:31:08] | A wise rose. | 看来玫瑰是明智的 |
[1:31:14] | And what protection can the gardener afford this rose | 那么园艺师能为玫瑰提供什么 |
[1:31:18] | from the harsh elements of change? | 来面对猛烈的自然变化呢 |
[1:31:22] | Patience, care | 耐心 关照 |
[1:31:24] | and a little warmth from the sun | 而一点来自太阳的温暖 |
[1:31:26] | are our best hope, Your Majesty. | 就是我们最大的希望了 陛下 |
[1:31:44] | I’m obliged to you, madame, for that sweet reminder. | 我很感激你 夫人 关于那段可爱的言论 |
[1:31:55] | Now walk with me. | 现在跟我一块走吧 |
[1:31:59] | And tell me of | 然后告诉我你对于 |
[1:32:01] | your progress in our garden. | 我们花园的计划 |
[1:32:31] | Her kindness, | 她和蔼 |
[1:32:34] | unbribed. | 毫不怯场 |
[1:32:48] | That was very brave tonight. | 你今晚很勇敢 |
[1:32:52] | I hoped he might listen. | 我希望他听进去了 |
[1:32:54] | Enough humility. | 你太谦虚了 |
[1:36:13] | There you are. | 你在这里啊 |
[1:36:16] | Philippe. | 菲利普 |
[1:36:27] | You’re dressed. | 你已经穿好衣服了 |
[1:36:28] | I’m off on business to Chartres. | 我要去沙特尔谈生意 |
[1:36:30] | Thought I would take Marie-Claire. | 我想带玛丽克莱尔一起去 |
[1:36:32] | There’s a good puppet stand and a pie shop. | 那里有一个很好的玩偶店和一个馅饼店 |
[1:36:37] | Marie-Claire! Are you there? | 玛丽克莱尔 你在那里吗 |
[1:36:38] | Papa! Did you find her? | 爸爸 你找到她了吗 |
[1:36:41] | Here is Belle Boobie asleep with Mama. | 这里有个美女芭比睡在你妈妈身边 |
[1:36:44] | Hello, Marie-Claire. | 你好 玛丽克莱尔 |
[1:36:46] | You naughty doll! | 你个淘气娃娃 |
[1:36:47] | Come here and I shall punish you. | 过来接受惩罚吧 |
[1:36:50] | Oh, my goodness. Is she all right? | 哦 天哪 她还好吗 |
[1:36:52] | Don’t be silly. She’s made of cloth. | 别傻了 她是布做的 |
[1:36:59] | Sabine, I have something to tell you. | 萨宾 我有点事想跟你说 |
[1:37:03] | How long? | 多久了 |
[1:37:04] | We’ve not been close of late. | 我们最近的关系不是很亲近 |
[1:37:07] | And most men take mistresses in clue course in such circumstances. | 而且大部分的男人都有情人 在这样的环境和氛围下 |
[1:37:11] | Such circumstances? | 这样的环境 |
[1:37:14] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么 |
[1:37:17] | Diane. | 黛安 |
[1:37:18] | Where does she live? | 她住哪里 |
[1:37:21] | Berry. | 贝里 |
[1:37:22] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:37:24] | Not too far. | 不远 |
[1:37:28] | There’s the coach now. | 马车来了 |
[1:37:30] | We’ll talk again on this matter. | 我们之后再谈 |
[1:37:36] | When will you be back? | 你什么时候回来 |
[1:37:39] | This evening, madame. | 今晚 夫人 |
[1:37:41] | Do not “madame” me, Philippe. | 别叫我”夫人”菲利普 |
[1:37:51] | Marie-Claire, tie your laces. You’ll fall over them. | 玛丽克莱尔 系紧鞋带 不然鞋子会掉的 |
[1:37:55] | I can’t, Mama. Wait there. | 我不会 妈妈 在那等着 |
[1:38:02] | Master, look at this. | 主人 看看这个 |
[1:38:07] | Marie-Claire. | 玛丽克莱尔 |
[1:38:10] | Marie-Claire. | 玛丽克莱尔 |
[1:38:15] | Jean, the wheel. | 琼 轮子 |
[1:38:16] | I told the master. | 我告诉过主人了 |
[1:38:18] | He said it would do until Berry. | 他说能撑到贝里的 |
[1:38:21] | Berry? | 贝里 |
[1:38:26] | Marie-Claire! | 玛丽克莱尔 |
[1:38:28] | I did not kiss Mama. | 我没有亲妈妈 |
[1:38:45] | Stop! Stop! | 停下 停下 |
[1:39:01] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[1:39:15] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[1:39:20] | Sabine! | 萨宾 |
[1:39:37] | She was the most beautiful thing I ever made, | 她是我最美的成果 |
[1:39:40] | and I killed her. | 我害死了她 |
[1:39:47] | Did you intend them to die? Is that what you planned? | 你难道想他们死吗 你是这么打算的吗 |
[1:39:51] | It was… It was your husband’s choice. | 这是…这是你丈夫的选择 |
[1:39:53] | He took away the child. | 是他带走了你的孩子 |
[1:39:54] | No, it was my fault. | 不 都是我的错 |
[1:39:56] | It was my fault. I let him take her away. | 是我的错 是我让他带她走的 |
[1:39:58] | What if no one person is to blame? | 那为什么没人怪你 |
[1:40:01] | And what use is blame? | 责怪又有什么用呢 |
[1:40:02] | It is enough to have it happen to you. | 发生在你身上的已经够多了 |
[1:40:03] | It is enough to recover from it. | 你恢复得已经够久了 |
[1:40:07] | That is as much as we may ask of ourselves. | 就像我们经常问自己的那样 |
[1:40:09] | That is enough. | 已经够了 |
[1:40:17] | What is it that would help you? | 我该怎么帮你好吗 |
[1:40:20] | If you held me. | 只要抱着我 |
[1:40:36] | What will happen to your wife? | 你妻子怎么样了 |
[1:40:44] | This was not the way we started. | 这跟我们以前已经不一样了 |
[1:40:49] | So we must have taught each other how to behave. | 我们必须教会对方如何举止 |
[1:40:55] | I am to blame for it as much as she. | 如果要责备的话她也好不到哪儿去 |
[1:41:03] | She will live her own life. | 她会自己过活的 |
[1:41:06] | She knows that now. | 她知道的 |
[1:41:12] | And us? | 那我们呢 |
[1:41:18] | We will shape each other. | 我们会塑造彼此 |
[1:41:46] | This isn’t the right way. | 这不是正确的路 |
[1:41:48] | Yes, it is. We’re behind that fence. Oh! | 没错的 就是这条 我们在栅栏后面 哦 |
[1:41:52] | For heaven’s sake! | 天杀的 |
[1:41:54] | I have to rent this. | 这是租来的 |
[1:41:56] | Waste of money! | 浪费钱 |
[1:41:57] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:41:58] | No one will see us. | 没人会看到我们的 |
[1:42:01] | The music comes from the heavens. | 这是来自天堂的音乐 |
[1:42:52] | Fair winds, Sabine. | 一路顺风 萨宾 |
[1:43:06] | Madame is lucky in her friends. | 夫人 你真该庆幸有这么多朋友 |
[1:44:22] | He loves it. | 他很满意 |
[1:45:46] | Do I look very flushed? | 我看起来很糟糕吗 |
[1:45:49] | No, you look beautiful. | 不 你看起来美极了 |
[1:45:51] | Are you flattering me? | 你在奉承我吗 |
[1:45:53] | Is that wrong? | 这样不行吗 |
[1:45:56] | Call me madame again. | 再叫我一次夫人 |