英文名称:Little Joe
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:16] | 小 小 乔 | |
[02:34] | Please, come forward. Thank you. | 请上前来 谢谢 |
[02:37] | These are our special breeds. | 这些是我们的特殊品种 |
[02:40] | Please. | 请 |
[02:42] | – How exciting. – You, uh… | -真令人激动 -你们 |
[02:45] | You will like this. | 你们会喜欢的 |
[02:48] | The breeding program you see here, | 你们眼前的育种项目 |
[02:49] | it’s finally been successful, | 历经极其复杂的基因工程 |
[02:52] | despite the extremely complex genetic engineering involved. | 最终才取得成功 |
[02:57] | The aim has been to create a plant | 项目的目标是创造一种 |
[02:59] | with a scent that makes its owner happy. | 能够散发使人愉快的香味的植物 |
[03:02] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[03:02] | Yes, that’s right. | 没错 |
[03:04] | In recent years, plant breeding has increasingly focused | 近年来 植物育种一直致力于 |
[03:06] | on making plants more resilient and more durable, | 培育生命力更顽强持久的植物 |
[03:09] | thus more energy efficient. | 从而降低能耗 |
[03:12] | So, finally, the owner can go away on holiday for weeks | 最终目标是主人可以外出度假数周 |
[03:14] | and the flowers still survive. | 而花卉仍然能生存下来 |
[03:16] | However, as a rule, this kind of engineering | 然而通常情况下 这种工程 |
[03:19] | involves a loss of scent; the flowers don’t smell of much. | 会使香味丧失 花没什么气味 |
[03:23] | In our case, we have attempted to create the opposite. | 而我们尝试创造的是相反的品种 |
[03:29] | our aim was to create a plant | 我们的目标是创造一种 |
[03:30] | that has to be watered regularly, | 需要定期浇水的植物 |
[03:33] | protected from cold and heat, | 它怕冷也怕热 |
[03:35] | that wants to be touched and talked to. | 喜爱接触和交流 |
[03:38] | Sounds like hard work. | 听起来挺辛苦 |
[03:40] | Precisely. And in return, | 很对 作为回报 |
[03:42] | the plant emits a scent, which promotes happiness | 这种植物散发一种促进幸福感的香味 |
[03:45] | as a reward for all that effort. | 以报答这些辛勤 |
[03:48] | Moreover, the scent contains a precursor | 不止如此 这香味还包括一种 |
[03:51] | for the human hormone oxytocin. | 人类催产素前体 |
[03:53] | Your body uses this molecule to produce oxytocin | 吸入香味时 人体能够利用这种物质 |
[03:56] | when the scent is inhaled. | 合成催产素 |
[03:58] | Oxytocin? | 催产素 |
[04:00] | It’s sometimes called the “mother-hormone”, | 又名为”母亲激素” |
[04:02] | it’s supposed to initiate the bond between a mother | 作用是促进母亲和新生儿 |
[04:05] | and her newborn. | 之间的感情 |
[04:06] | You’ll love this plant like your own child. | 你会像爱自己的孩子一样爱这种植物 |
[04:08] | We are entering a new era here. | 我们正在步入一个新纪元 |
[04:11] | The first, mood-lifting, anti-depressant, happy plant, | 世上首个调节情绪 抗抑郁的快乐植物品种 |
[04:16] | that’s fit for market. | 顺应市场需求 |
[04:18] | I mean you can imagine the benefit for humanity | 人类从这项革新中的获益 |
[04:21] | implicated in this innovation. | 可想而知 |
[04:23] | Yes, but will the plants be fully grown for the flower fair? | 但这些植株来得及在花博会前长成吗 |
[04:26] | There’s not much time left. | 没多少时间了 |
[04:29] | As a side-effect to the breeding program, | 作为育种项目的副作用 |
[04:30] | the plants produce an excess of the growth hormone Cytokinin. | 这些植株会分泌过量的细胞分裂素 是一种生长激素 |
[04:33] | So, yes, they will be ready on time for the fair. | 所以它们能够花博会上展出 |
[04:38] | What this plant really needs… | 这种植物真正需要的 |
[04:40] | is love. | 是爱 |
[04:52] | Hey, Joe. | 乔 |
[04:55] | – Everything okay? – Yeah. | -你怎么样 -挺好 |
[05:02] | I’m sure your mum will be finished soon. | 你妈妈肯定很快就完工了 |
[05:05] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[05:07] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[05:09] | Hey, cool trainers! | 运动鞋挺酷 |
[05:28] | We were in Geography and she opened her bag, and… | 当时我们在上地理课 她打开她的包 |
[05:32] | and she says that she found a little dead rat in there. | 说里面有只死老鼠 |
[05:34] | – What? – Yeah, | -什么 -是啊 |
[05:36] | and what she says… | 然后她说 |
[05:37] | She says that she doesn’t know who put it in. | 她说不知道是谁放进去的 |
[05:48] | I think he likes you. | 我觉得他喜欢你 |
[05:50] | – Who? – Chris. | -谁 -克里斯 |
[05:53] | What? | 什么 |
[05:55] | What makes you think that? | 你为什么这么想 |
[05:57] | I can see it. | 我能看出来 |
[06:02] | Well, I can’t. | 我看不出 |
[06:04] | Well, that’s because all you can see are your flowers. | 那是因为你眼里只有你的花 |
[06:12] | He’s smart. | 他很聪明 |
[06:13] | He helps you with your work. | 他协助你的工作 |
[06:15] | You have the same interests. He suits you. | 你们兴趣相同 他挺适合你 |
[06:20] | Much more than Dad anyway. | 反正比爸爸适合得多 |
[06:28] | Dad would really like you to spend next weekend with him. | 你要是下周末去陪爸爸 他会很开心的 |
[06:31] | I told him I’d ask you. | 我告诉他我会问你的 |
[06:33] | Do I have to? | 我非得去吗 |
[06:35] | He really wants to see more of you. | 他很想多见见你 |
[06:37] | He’s so… | 他那么 |
[06:39] | different. | 不同 |
[06:40] | From who? | 和谁不同 |
[06:42] | From you! | 和你 |
[06:44] | – And me! – So, you’ll get to know something different. | -以及我 -那么你就能接触点不同的东西 |
[06:48] | Believe me, Joe, | 相信我 乔 |
[06:49] | it will do you good to spend more time with your father. | 和你爸爸多相处对你有好处 |
[06:53] | So, you’d have more time for your work? | 这样你就有更多时间忙工作了 |
[06:55] | What? | 什么 |
[06:56] | No. Oh, shit. | 不是 见鬼 |
[06:59] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[07:04] | Stop laughing at me, Joe. | 别笑话我了 乔 |
[07:09] | I guess there’s nothing to worry about. | 我想没什么可担心的 |
[07:11] | Good. | 很好 |
[07:14] | Yeah, the new breeding program could be a real success. | 新的育种项目很可能会大获成功 |
[07:17] | Anyway, I wouldn’t want to jinx it. | 我不想把话说太满招来霉运 |
[07:23] | But it does look very promising. | 但的确前景可期 |
[07:28] | We’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[07:29] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[07:30] | I mean, you never know what can happen. | 天有不测风云 |
[07:35] | Does that bother you? | 这令你担忧吗 |
[07:38] | No, that’s my job. Handling the unpredictable. | 不 这是我的工作 应对意外 |
[07:41] | It’s what I’m pretty good at, usually. | 通常来说我很擅长 |
[07:46] | Of course, there’s always a way for a mistake to sneak in | 当然总会有连我也无法预料的 |
[07:48] | that even I can’t predict. | 意外发生 |
[07:50] | I can’t control everything, can I? | 我没法控制一切 对吗 |
[07:53] | After all, I have Joe to take care of and… | 毕竟 我还要照顾乔 |
[07:57] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:58] | That must be quite a burden. | 负担肯定不轻 |
[08:03] | No, well, I wouldn’t call it a burden! | 不 我不会称之为负担 |
[08:05] | I love my son and I enjoy spending time with him. | 我爱我儿子 我很喜欢陪伴他 |
[08:08] | Naturally. | 这是自然 |
[08:09] | But sometimes, I simply can’t be there for him. | 但有时 我没法陪在他身边 |
[08:12] | Which does worry me. | 这确实令我担忧 |
[08:15] | What worries you? | 担忧什么 |
[08:20] | Sometimes I’m overcome by the fear | 有时候我特别恐惧 |
[08:22] | that something could happened to Joe. | 担心乔会出什么事 |
[08:27] | And I wouldn’t be there for him. | 而我却不在他身边 |
[08:46] | My beautiful darling. | 我美丽的小可爱 |
[08:49] | My Bello. | 我的贝洛 |
[08:51] | Stay. | 别动 |
[09:04] | – Hiya. – Morning. | -你好 -早安 |
[09:16] | They’re doing fine. | 它们情况良好 |
[09:20] | These Flash2 are far stronger than the Flash1 ever were. | 这些闪电二号比闪电一号强壮得多 |
[09:25] | Better give them quite a boost. | 最好给它们多加点料 |
[09:27] | I don’t want to loss these, too. | 我不想再失去这批了 |
[09:31] | You’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[09:33] | They will be viable this time. | 这次它们能活下来 |
[09:38] | We all know how hard it is to succeed with a new strain. | 我们都知道新品系想要成功有多难 |
[09:44] | And the blue is just perfect. | 并且蓝得恰到好处 |
[09:59] | If these plants prove to be capable of survival, | 如果这些植株最后能够存活 |
[10:03] | we could enter the production phase | 我们可能会比预期更早进入 |
[10:04] | sooner than we thought. | 生产阶段 |
[10:17] | 花房公司 温度控制 七号培育厅 | |
[10:22] | Alice, do you have a minute? | 爱丽丝 你有空吗 |
[10:26] | I just wanted to say that I feel really… | 我想说 能够与你共事 |
[10:30] | proud and excited to be working with you. | 令我非常骄傲与激动 |
[10:40] | Don’t expect too much. | 不要期望过高 |
[10:42] | No, I’m… | 不 我… |
[10:44] | convinced that this plant is gonna be a huge success. | 我确信这种植物会大获成功 |
[10:47] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[10:48] | Would you… | 你愿意… |
[10:50] | How about, um, a drink after work? | 下班后一起喝一杯如何 |
[11:02] | No. I have to run. | 不行 我赶时间 |
[11:10] | Could you finish the logbook? | 你能把日志写完吗 |
[11:11] | And double-check the timing of the grow lamps. | 另外再检查一下生长灯的定时 |
[11:13] | – That would be so nice of you. – Sure. | -真是麻烦你了 -没问题 |
[11:18] | Aye, aye, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[11:47] | Look, what I have for you! | 看看我给你带了什么 |
[11:54] | Is that allowed? | 这不违规吗 |
[11:56] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[11:58] | No one has to know. | 不让别人知道就行 |
[12:00] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[12:03] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[12:09] | – It’s really hot in here. – Yes. | -这里真热 -对 |
[12:12] | It needs to be warm. | 它需要保持温暖 |
[12:15] | This is a very special breed. | 这是个非常特别的品种 |
[12:19] | You have to take good care of it. | 你得好好照顾它 |
[12:22] | Keep it warm. | 保暖 |
[12:24] | Talk to it. | 跟它说话 |
[12:26] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:27] | Yeah, it’s a living being. | 对 这是个生命 |
[12:29] | It needs attention and affection. | 它需要照料和感情 |
[12:34] | What’s so special about it? | 它有什么特别的 |
[12:36] | It makes you happy. | 它能让你快乐 |
[12:42] | What do you say we call him Little Joe? | 我们叫它小小乔如何 |
[12:48] | Hi, Little Joe. | 你好 小小乔 |
[12:53] | Hi, Little Joe. | 你好 小小乔 |
[12:55] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[13:21] | Doesn’t look good. | 看起来不妙 |
[13:54] | Oh, damn. Look at that. | 见鬼 你看看 |
[14:07] | They won’t make it. | 活不下来了 |
[14:40] | We designed Little Joe to be sterile. | 我们设计的小小乔是不能繁殖的 |
[14:43] | So, the pollen isn’t able to produce seeds. | 它的花粉没法产出种子 |
[14:46] | If the pollen falls on female stigma, it dies | 如果花粉落到雌蕊上 就会死亡 |
[14:48] | without creating any sustainable offspring. | 不会制造任何能够存活的子株 |
[14:51] | We engineered it | 我们这样编辑 |
[14:52] | so the plants can maximize production of scent. | 是为了植物香味最大化 |
[14:54] | Why did it emit pollen in such quantities? | 为什么它能散发这么多花粉 |
[14:57] | As if they had a will of their own. | 就仿佛有自我意志一样 |
[15:00] | Perhaps, it’s a reaction of the male plant to its infertility. | 也许这是雄蕊对自身不育的一种反应 |
[15:03] | Perhaps, perhaps. | 也许 也许 |
[15:05] | Perhaps you made a mistake and things got out of control. | 也许你犯了错 事情失控了 |
[15:08] | And now several of my Flash2’s have died. | 害死了好几株我的闪电二号 |
[15:10] | I hardly think that has got anything to do | 我不认为这和小小乔的花粉 |
[15:11] | with Little Joe’s pollen. | 有任何关系 |
[15:12] | I mean, Flash1 didn’t last long either. | 闪电一号也没存活多久 |
[15:15] | What I’d like to know is how you did it? | 我想知道你是怎么做到的 |
[15:17] | None of us have ever succeeded in manipulating a plant | 我们一直都无法对植物做出 |
[15:20] | to such an extent. | 这种程度的改动 |
[15:23] | Or perhaps you took a rather relaxed approach | 或者是你没有把规章制度 |
[15:25] | to the regulations. | 太放在心上 |
[15:28] | Well, there’s been more than enough discussion | 对于某些新方法的使用 |
[15:30] | about deploying certain new methods. | 我们已经讨论得够多了 |
[15:33] | And no doubt, they’re extremely efficient. | 无疑 它们极其有效 |
[15:36] | But as I’m sure you know, | 但你肯定知道 |
[15:38] | their use has not yet been approved. | 我们还没有获得使用它们的批准 |
[15:42] | I am well aware of the controversy | 我对新病毒载体的争议 |
[15:44] | over the new virus vectors. | 一清二楚 |
[15:46] | If that is what you’re hinting at. | 如果你指的就是这个 |
[15:49] | Yeah. And naturally, I used the usual vectors. | 理所当然 我使用的是常规载体 |
[15:52] | But why is it sterile? | 可是为什么它不能繁殖 |
[15:55] | Why did you design the plant to be infertile? | 你为什么把它设计成不能繁殖的 |
[15:57] | It’s not natural. | 这不符合自然 |
[15:59] | The ability to reproduce is what gives every living being meaning. | 繁殖能力赋予了每一个生命存在的意义 |
[16:04] | Well if you’re questioning that, you’re in the wrong profession. | 如果你质疑这点 那你就入错行了 |
[16:10] | As if it were possible to prevent a plant from reproducing itself | 想要阻止植物繁衍生息 |
[16:13] | and thus ensuring its own survival. | 简直是不可能 |
[16:17] | And this plant will follow its purpose, too. | 这种植物也会遵循自己的使命 |
[16:22] | What is really important here, | 现在的关键问题是 |
[16:24] | is the possible allergens in this pollen. | 它的花粉中可能存在过敏源 |
[16:26] | I mean that would be an absolute gift to the Greenpeacers. | 那会成为拱手送给绿色和平组织的大礼 |
[16:29] | A genetically engineered plant spreading unknown allergens. | 基因工程植物散布未知过敏源 |
[16:33] | Hello? | 想想吧 |
[16:35] | We all wear face masks until further notice. | 在进一步通知前都戴上口罩 |
[16:44] | Bello. Bello. | 贝洛 贝洛 |
[16:47] | Do you want this? Do you want this? | 你想要这个吗 想要吗 |
[16:50] | Fetch! | 去捡 |
[16:55] | Come on, Bello! | 快来 贝洛 |
[16:56] | Come on! | 快 |
[16:57] | Yeah! | 棒 |
[16:58] | Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on. | 快来 快来 快来 |
[17:01] | It must be their pollen. | 肯定是因为它们的花粉 |
[17:08] | Fuck. | 操 |
[17:15] | So have a lovely weekend. | 祝你周末愉快 |
[17:17] | And say hi to Joe from me. | 代我向乔问好 |
[17:20] | Joe isn’t home; he’s with his father. | 乔不在家 在他爸爸那里 |
[17:23] | – So… – So, how about a drink tonight? | -嗯 -今晚可以一起喝一杯吗 |
[17:26] | I don’t know. | 说不好 |
[17:28] | You’ve been working so hard. We both have. | 你工作太辛苦了 我们都是 |
[17:31] | We could do with a change of scenery, don’t you think? | 你不觉得我们可以换换环境吗 |
[17:35] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:36] | Bello has vanished. I can’t find him anywhere. | 贝洛不见了 我到处找不到它 |
[17:41] | He’s never left me before. | 它从没离开过我 |
[17:45] | I’m sure he’ll turn up. | 它肯定会出现的 |
[17:47] | What if someone’s locked him in the greenhouse? | 万一有人把它锁在温室了呢 |
[17:52] | I’ll go and have a look. | 我去看看 |
[17:55] | You stay here. | 你待着别走 |
[18:10] | – Night. – Night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[18:26] | Bello! | 贝洛 |
[18:43] | Here boy! | 过来 狗狗 |
[19:33] | Fuck! | 操 |
[20:03] | He lives in this house in the middle of nowhere. | 他住在一个荒无人烟的地方 |
[20:06] | He’s a real lone wolf. | 他是真正的独行侠 |
[20:09] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[20:10] | Ivan is hyper-allergic to all sorts of pollen. | 伊凡对各种花粉都严重过敏 |
[20:15] | Doesn’t sound like your perfect match. | 听起来不像你的完美对象 |
[20:19] | You know, you really need someone | 你真的需要一个 |
[20:20] | who’s gonna understand and respect your talent. | 会理解并尊重你的天赋的人 |
[20:24] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[20:25] | But who’ll stand up to you, if necessary! | 不过必要时也会反抗你 |
[20:31] | I think that Joe likes you. | 我觉得乔喜欢你 |
[20:33] | He has this idea that you and I would be the perfect match. | 他认为你我是彼此的完美对象 |
[20:38] | Yeah, I like Joe too. | 我也喜欢乔 |
[20:55] | I’ll get the drinks. | 我去拿酒 |
[21:34] | Bello. There you are. | 贝洛 你在这儿啊 |
[21:40] | Bello, Bello. | 贝洛 贝洛 |
[21:44] | Darling? | 宝贝 |
[21:46] | Darling, what’s the matter? | 宝贝 怎么了 |
[21:49] | Bello. | 贝洛 |
[21:53] | Come to Mummy. | 来妈妈这里 |
[21:56] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[21:57] | Bello. | 贝洛 |
[22:05] | Bello. | 贝洛 |
[22:06] | My darling. My darling. | 宝贝 宝贝 |
[22:15] | Bello bit Bella. | 贝洛咬了贝拉 |
[22:17] | I just wanted to stroke him and… | 我只是想摸摸它 |
[22:21] | That dog isn’t my Bello. | 那条狗不是我的贝洛 |
[22:24] | That can’t be. Bello would never do something like this. | 不可能是 贝洛绝对不会这么做 |
[22:26] | Maybe the dog’s sick. | 或许它病了 |
[22:30] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[22:32] | That is not my dog. | 那不是我的狗 |
[22:54] | What’s the matter with Bella? | 贝拉有什么问题 |
[22:56] | She’s so… | 她那么… |
[22:59] | Maybe I should explain that Bella… | 或许我该解释一下 贝拉… |
[23:01] | How should I put it? | 该怎么说呢 |
[23:03] | She’s had psychological issues. | 她有过心理问题 |
[23:06] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[23:09] | She tried to kill herself. | 她曾尝试自杀 |
[23:14] | She was on sick leave for almost a year. | 她请病假歇了将近一年 |
[23:16] | A so-called “burn-out”. | 所谓的”累坏了” |
[23:19] | And she only returned, just before you started here. | 你来这里之前她刚刚回来 |
[23:24] | And Karl took her on as his assistant, | 卡尔让她做他的助手 |
[23:26] | but it wasn’t so easy for her. | 但对她来说并不容易 |
[23:28] | Trying to resume work while being downgraded. | 试图恢复工作 还被降级了 |
[23:33] | She used to be one of the best plant breeders here, | 她过去是这里最优秀的植物育种师之一 |
[23:36] | and now… | 而现在 |
[23:41] | What with the medication and so on, | 因为各种药物之类的 |
[23:42] | she’s just not the same person that she used to be. | 她不再是原来那个她了 |
[23:49] | Of course, one shouldn’t be prejudiced. | 当然我们不该有偏见 |
[23:52] | And I would be the last person to judge her. | 我绝对不会评判她 |
[23:55] | Is that why she has restricted access? | 所以她的权限才被限制吗 |
[23:58] | Could I please have the curry and the rice? | 请给我咖喱和米饭 |
[26:19] | Hi, Little Joe. | 你好 小小乔 |
[27:03] | I’m sorry darling. | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[27:16] | I can’t wait for tonight. | 我等不及今晚了 |
[27:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:19] | Great to see you too, pal. | 也很高兴见到你 伙计 |
[27:21] | My work colleagues, everywhere, yes. | 我各处的同事 是的 |
[27:23] | How would you put a smile on my face? | 你要怎么让我笑 |
[27:28] | I can see what you mean already about… | 我已经明白你说的… |
[27:30] | Is this true, that you write to Hollywood greats? | 你真的给好莱坞大人物写信吗 |
[27:33] | Yeah! I do. I used to, yeah. | 没错 过去常写 |
[27:35] | And did you get any response? | 你收到过回信吗 |
[27:36] | Yes, I wrote to Bob Hope… | 收到过 我曾写信给鲍勃·霍普 |
[27:39] | I got an autograph from him. | 收到了他的签名 |
[27:40] | I wrote to James Stewart… | 还有詹姆斯·斯图尔特 |
[27:42] | Let’s order some takeaway, hmm? | 我们点外卖吧 |
[27:45] | I’ve already eaten. | 我吃过了 |
[27:47] | You wouldn’t believe that from my own experience. | 你都不会相信那是我的亲身经历 |
[27:49] | Well, don’t write to me! | 别给我写信 |
[27:53] | Good luck tonight. | 祝你今晚好运 |
[27:53] | Thank you very much, Steven. | 非常感谢你 史蒂夫 |
[27:55] | I hope you win a lot of money. | 希望你能赢多钱 |
[27:56] | I hope so too. | 我也希望 |
[28:02] | Where’s Bello? | 贝洛呢 |
[28:04] | That wasn’t my dog anymore. | 那已经不是我的狗了 |
[28:08] | What did you… | 你把它怎么… |
[28:09] | I had him put down. | 我把它送去安乐死了 |
[28:13] | That dog was not my dog. | 那条狗不是我的狗 |
[28:18] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[28:23] | You’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[28:46] | Alice. | 爱丽丝 |
[28:48] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[28:49] | Please. It’s important. | 拜托 这很重要 |
[28:51] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[29:07] | Bello was like a child to me. | 贝洛就像我的孩子 |
[29:10] | I’m sure you can understand what that feels like. | 你肯定明白那种感觉 |
[29:14] | To lose a child. | 失去一个孩子 |
[29:17] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么 你在说什么 |
[29:19] | Can you imagine that? | 你能想象吗 |
[29:21] | Somebody you love. Joe for example. | 你爱的人 比如乔 |
[29:25] | One day, Joe isn’t Joe anymore. | 有一天 乔不再是乔了 |
[29:28] | He looks the same, | 他样子没变 |
[29:29] | he even acts like the same old Joe but… | 甚至表现也和原来一样 但是… |
[29:33] | he isn’t Joe. | 他不是乔了 |
[29:34] | – Something’s changed him. – Like what? | -某种东西改变了他 -什么东西 |
[29:37] | Little Joe. | 小小乔 |
[29:40] | At first, I thought it might’ve been allergens in Little Joe’s pollen | 起初我以为可能是小小乔花粉里的过敏源 |
[29:44] | that triggered a reaction in Bello. | 引起了贝洛的反应 |
[29:47] | Well? | 然后呢 |
[29:49] | The vet did blood tests before he put Bello down. | 兽医在安乐死前给贝洛做了血液检查 |
[29:55] | Nothing. | 一无所获 |
[29:57] | No antibodies, no histamines. | 没有抗体 没有组胺 |
[30:00] | He couldn’t find anything unusual. | 他找不出任何异常 |
[30:02] | Well, then maybe there was nothing wrong. | 或许根本就没问题 |
[30:04] | I really don’t think that. | 我真的不那么认为 |
[30:06] | After all, we only ever find what we’re looking for. | 毕竟我们只会找到想要寻找的东西 |
[30:10] | The vet said he thought Bello might have senile dementia. | 兽医说他认为贝洛可能是老年痴呆 |
[30:15] | Well, that sounds quite reasonable. | 听起来不无道理 |
[30:19] | I think it’s Little Joe’s pollen that’s triggered something. | 我认为是小小乔的花粉引发了什么 |
[30:25] | Not an allergy perhaps. | 或许不是过敏 |
[30:28] | – But something else. – Like what? | -而是别的什么 -比如呢 |
[30:31] | Look here. | 看这个 |
[30:35] | The pollen comes through the nose | 花粉通过鼻腔 |
[30:38] | onto the olfactory receptors. | 到达嗅觉受体 |
[30:40] | And then the olfactory information goes straight | 然后嗅觉信息直接传到 |
[30:43] | into the limbic system. | 大脑边缘系统 |
[30:45] | The very part of the brain where it influences our feelings, | 正是大脑影响我们情感 |
[30:49] | our behavior, our personalities. | 行为 个性的部分 |
[30:53] | And where that oxytocin of yours triggers its effect. | 也是催产素引发作用的部分 |
[30:59] | Whatever it is that is in that pollen that changed Bello, | 不管改变贝洛的是花粉中的什么成分 |
[31:05] | that is where it happened. | 都是作用于这个部位 |
[31:09] | Will you please stop blaming Little Joe | 你能别把贝洛的问题 |
[31:11] | for whatever was wrong with Bello? | 怪到小小乔身上吗 |
[31:13] | Blame Little Joe? | 怪小小乔 |
[31:15] | We’re talking about a plant, aren’t we? | 我们说的是一种植物 对吧 |
[31:18] | If anyone is to blame, it’s you. | 如果要怪谁 也是怪你 |
[31:22] | Haven’t you notice how Chris has changed? | 你没注意到克里斯的变化吗 |
[31:26] | No. | 没有 |
[31:28] | I have the feeling he’s infected too. | 我感觉他也被感染了 |
[31:30] | Infected? | 感染 |
[31:31] | From Little Joe’s pollen. | 被小小乔的花粉 |
[31:34] | Chris will defend Little Joe at any price. | 克里斯会不计一切代价维护小小乔 |
[31:38] | And why shouldn’t he? | 为什么不呢 |
[31:39] | I will defend Little Joe as well | 我也会维护小小乔 |
[31:41] | because I am responsible for him. | 因为我对他有责任 |
[31:45] | So, you are a good mother. | 那你是个好母亲 |
[31:49] | But which of your children will you choose? | 但你会选择哪个孩子 |
[32:26] | And could she be right? | 她说的有可能吗 |
[32:29] | Of course not. I did the genetic engineering myself | 当然不可能 我亲自做的基因工程 |
[32:32] | and I know what I’m doing. | 我知道自己在做什么 |
[32:34] | Fine. Then there’s nothing to worry about. | 那好 没什么可担心的 |
[32:38] | Your colleague is just imagining Little Joe changed her dog. | 你的同事只是想象小小乔改变了她的狗 |
[32:43] | Yeah. I think she’s a little… | 嗯 我觉得她有点… |
[32:46] | unbalanced. | 精神失常 |
[32:48] | Possibly, your colleague is projecting | 你的同事可能是 |
[32:50] | some inner conflicts onto the outside world, | 把内心矛盾投射到外在世界 |
[32:53] | and, consequently, elements of her environment | 结果她所处环境中某些元素 |
[32:56] | strike her as changed. | 让她觉得变化了 |
[32:59] | Yeah. That must be it. | 嗯 肯定是这样 |
[33:03] | Chris isn’t infected either. | 而且克里斯也不是被感染了 |
[33:07] | Is that what your colleague said? | 你的同事是那么说的吗 |
[33:08] | Yes. But he’s only trying to protect the plant. | 是的 但他只是想保护这种植物 |
[33:12] | It’s very important to him. | 这对他很重要 |
[33:14] | So, he’s an ally… | 所以他是你这边的 |
[33:16] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[33:19] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[33:21] | I’m not sure if he cares more for the plant | 我不确定他对这种植物的关心 |
[33:23] | than he cares for me. | 是否多过对我的关心 |
[33:24] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[33:28] | You care for him? | 你关心他吗 |
[33:30] | Me? No. | 我 才不呢 |
[33:33] | I mean, after all, I have Joe. | 我已经有乔了 |
[33:44] | What do you think you’re playing at? | 你在耍什么鬼把戏 |
[33:48] | Sorry, I really don’t know what… | 抱歉 我真不知道… |
[33:51] | How could you set out more of those plants | 过敏试验还没通过评估 |
[33:53] | before the allergy tests have been evaluated? | 你怎么就准备了更多植物 |
[33:58] | I didn’t know. | 我不知情 |
[34:04] | My dear colleague, | 我亲爱的同事 |
[34:06] | perhaps you haven’t yet grasped how we do things here. | 或许你还没搞清楚我们的规矩 |
[34:09] | But for us, | 对我们来说 |
[34:10] | safety is more important than success. | 安全远比成功重要 |
[34:13] | I’m certain that Little Joe’s pollen is harmless. | 我确定小小乔的花粉无害 |
[34:17] | What makes you so certain? | 你怎么如此确定 |
[34:21] | My son has a Little Joe at home, | 我儿子在家也养了一株小小乔 |
[34:22] | and neither he nor I have shown any allergic reactions at all. | 他和我都没有表现出任何过敏反应 |
[34:28] | That’s… | 这… |
[34:29] | Against the rules. | 违反规定 |
[34:31] | I’m strongly tempted to halt | 我强烈建议马上 |
[34:32] | any further planting of Little Joe immediately. | 停止一切对小小乔的进一步培育 |
[34:36] | But we need to be ready for the flower fair. | 但我们要为花博会做好准备 |
[34:39] | If we miss it this year, | 如果我们错过了今年 |
[34:40] | another lab might come up with a similar idea. | 可能会有其他实验室做出相似的东西 |
[34:44] | I’ve already heard rumors. | 我已经听到了流言 |
[34:46] | I really don’t think we can risk any delay. | 我真觉得我们不能冒险推迟 |
[34:50] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[34:53] | But I assure you, I will not let those plants | 但我要告诉你 试验没通过完全评估前 |
[34:55] | out to public until the tests have been fully evaluated. | 我是不会允许那些植物面世的 |
[35:07] | Why didn’t you tell me | 你为什么没告诉我 |
[35:08] | that you were putting in new plants? | 你又种了更多植物 |
[35:12] | I don’t need this right now. Karl is already against me. | 别给我添乱 卡尔已经在针对我了 |
[35:15] | Just trust me for once. | 相信我这一次 |
[35:18] | I know what I’m doing. | 我知道自己在做什么 |
[35:34] | Oh yes, this scent is lovely. | 是的 香味很好闻 |
[35:36] | Could get addicted. | 简直能上瘾 |
[35:38] | Any specific reaction? | 有什么特别的反应吗 |
[35:40] | All fine. | 都正常 |
[35:41] | No itchy nose, skin rashes, runny eyes, | 鼻子不痒 没起疹子 没流眼泪 |
[35:43] | swelling of the mucous membranes? | 黏膜没有肿胀吗 |
[35:45] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[35:46] | Very well then… | 那好 |
[35:48] | If I could just say something. | 能让我说一句吗 |
[35:51] | Yeah, of course. | 当然可以 |
[35:52] | Well, recently, she’s been… moody I suppose. | 最近 她一直…郁郁寡欢 |
[35:57] | Yeah. When I’m talking to her, | 我和她说话时 |
[35:58] | she’s thinking about something completely different. | 她在想完全不相关的事情 |
[36:02] | Tell him what you told me, Ella. | 告诉他你和我说的事 艾拉 |
[36:04] | It’s like I was a person | 我就像是 |
[36:07] | in a play or a film. | 戏剧或电影里的人 |
[36:11] | – What person? – I don’t know. | -什么人 -说不准 |
[36:15] | Me, of course. I’m playing myself. | 当然是我了 我在扮演我自己 |
[36:18] | That’s the strange feeling. | 就是这种奇怪的感觉 |
[36:19] | Okay. And how long did that feeling last? | 好的 这种感觉持续了多久 |
[36:21] | I don’t know… | 说不准 |
[36:23] | – for ages. – No, not really darling. | -很久了 -不 并不是 亲爱的 |
[36:27] | Started… | 开始于… |
[36:28] | 培育计划RX5 A·伍达德 编号 00540 女性 68岁 | |
[36:32] | The scent was fantastic. | 香味好闻极了 |
[36:35] | It made me feel sort of, uh, happy. | 让我感觉很快乐 |
[36:38] | Everything okay with the interviews? | 受访者都没问题吧 |
[36:38] | I walked with my head in the clouds… | 我仿佛走在云朵间… |
[36:41] | Yes. Fine. | 是的 没问题 |
[36:44] | The reactions seem pretty average. | 反应似乎都挺平常 |
[36:47] | Are you looking for anything in particular? | 你在找什么特别的反应吗 |
[36:50] | No. I just wanted to be sure, what with Karl being after me. | 没有 卡尔紧盯着我 我只是想确认没问题 |
[36:55] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[36:58] | Ric, is this all the material? | 瑞克 这是全部的资料吗 |
[37:00] | I mean, are these the full interviews? | 这是完整的视频吗 |
[37:03] | No. Of course not. | 不是 当然不是 |
[37:04] | They just babbled on and on so I had to edit. | 他们的废话很多 我只好剪辑了一下 |
[37:10] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[37:19] | Yeah. Well done. | 好 很棒 |
[37:22] | Great. | 很好 |
[37:30] | So, how are things at school? | 学校里最近如何 |
[37:35] | Yeah. Fine. | 还好 |
[37:37] | What about the other kids? I mean, are they cool? | 其他孩子怎么样 都好相处吗 |
[37:44] | – Yeah. – Good. | -是的 -那就好 |
[37:51] | That’s very good. | 非常好 |
[37:58] | And girls? Anyone special? | 女孩呢 有特别的吗 |
[38:05] | Listen, we hardly ever see each other. | 我们很少有机会见面 |
[38:07] | So, come on. Hmm? | 告诉我吧 |
[38:10] | Is there a girl? | 有喜欢的女孩吗 |
[38:16] | No. Not really. | 没有 算不上 |
[38:23] | Sort of. | 算有吧 |
[38:25] | Great. | 很棒啊 |
[38:28] | Thanks. Want to come in? | 谢谢 要进来吗 |
[38:30] | – No. – Okay. | -不了 -好吧 |
[38:37] | Look. | 看 |
[38:39] | – Please. – I caught it myself. | -行了 -我自己钓的 |
[38:41] | I can cook it in the oven. Dad taught me how. | 我们可以用烤箱烤鱼 爸爸教我了 |
[38:44] | Sure. Yeah, let’s do that. | 好 就这么办 |
[38:46] | Cook something in the oven for once. Great. | 终于用烤箱烤东西了 真好 |
[38:54] | So, how was the weekend? | 周末过得如何 |
[38:59] | Joe is… | 乔… |
[39:01] | He’s changing. | 他变了 |
[39:03] | I don’t know how to put it. | 我不知道该怎么描述 |
[39:06] | He’s not the boy he used to be anymore. | 他不再是原来的那个孩子了 |
[39:10] | – What do you mean? – You haven’t noticed anything? | -什么意思 -你没注意到吗 |
[39:40] | Joe? | 乔 |
[39:43] | You know that your dad wants you to go and live with him. | 你知道你爸爸想让你和他一起生活 |
[39:48] | So? | 所以呢 |
[39:52] | Well, so… | 所以 |
[39:54] | is that what you want? | 你想去吗 |
[39:58] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[40:01] | Me? | 我 |
[40:03] | Of course I want you to stay here with me. | 我当然想让你留在我身边 |
[40:17] | Really good, Joe. | 真好吃 乔 |
[40:28] | So, are you still up for a movie this weekend? | 这周末还能一起去看电影吗 |
[40:33] | I’m sorry. I have to work. | 对不起 我得工作 |
[40:36] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[40:40] | After the fair? | 花博会过后行吗 |
[40:42] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[40:52] | 自然摘要 大脑映射复兴 | |
[42:39] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[42:55] | Cool. | 酷 |
[43:34] | Wait. | 等等 |
[43:47] | It’s really hot in here. | 这里好热啊 |
[43:49] | The Little Joes need it. | 小小乔需要温暖 |
[43:52] | They’re very sensitive. | 它们非常敏感 |
[44:06] | Smells sexy. | 闻起来好性感 |
[44:18] | You have to talk to them. | 你得和它们说话 |
[44:21] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[44:30] | And do they talk back? | 它们会回应吗 |
[44:43] | Watch out. | 注意 |
[45:53] | That tickles. | 好痒 |
[45:58] | I hope I don’t get hay fever. | 希望我不会得花粉病 |
[46:01] | You won’t. | 不会的 |
[46:12] | There. See that? | 看 看到了吗 |
[46:17] | Rewind it, will you? | 倒回去 好吗 |
[46:20] | I didn’t notice it at first, either. | 我一开始也没注意到 |
[46:31] | Sorry, I really don’t know what you’re talking about. | 抱歉 我真不知道你在说什么 |
[46:33] | The plants, of course. | 当然是植株了 |
[46:35] | When the camera comes back, one of them has gone. | 摄像头转回来的时候 其中一株不见了 |
[46:40] | Oh, there. | 那个 |
[46:45] | Someone clearly knew his way around the surveillance system. | 显然是个了解监控系统的人 |
[46:49] | But what would be the point of stealing a plant? | 但偷一株植物有什么意义 |
[46:53] | The cameras are only there to monitor growth. | 摄像头只是用来监控植物生长的 |
[46:56] | Industrial espionage, maybe. | 可能是商业间谍 |
[47:01] | Let’s not get carried away. | 先别急着下定论 |
[47:04] | I mean, those plants aren’t that special after all. | 毕竟那些植株也没有那么特殊吧 |
[47:30] | You’re starting to notice too, aren’t you? | 你也开始注意到了吧 |
[47:32] | Please don’t. I’m not like you. | 别这样 我和你不一样 |
[47:34] | Oh, no? | 是吗 |
[47:36] | Then why are you standing here talking to me? | 那你为什么还站在这里和我说话 |
[47:40] | I… | 我… |
[47:41] | We don’t have much time. | 我们的时间不多了 |
[47:44] | I think I understand now what’s going on. | 我现在知道是怎么回事了 |
[47:47] | Little Joe is infecting people in order to reproduce. | 小小乔感染人类是为了繁殖 |
[47:52] | He’s trying to survive. | 它想生存下去 |
[47:53] | It’s his response to being sterile. | 这是它对不能繁殖的反应 |
[47:55] | Isn’t that incredible? | 是不是难以置信 |
[47:57] | It’s complete nonsense. | 完全是胡说八道 |
[48:00] | Little Joe changes the people he infects, | 小小乔改变它感染的人类 |
[48:03] | so they will protect and propagate him. | 让他们保护并传播它 |
[48:08] | They care for Little Joe | 他们关心小小乔 |
[48:09] | more than they care for anyone else. | 胜过其他任何人 |
[48:14] | They will force us to inhale the pollen. | 他们会强迫我们吸入花粉 |
[48:17] | Our only chance might be if we pretend. | 我们唯一的机会就是假装 |
[48:21] | – Pretend what? – That nothing is happening. | -假装什么 -无事发生 |
[48:25] | But nothing is happening. | 但确实无事发生 |
[48:28] | I know you didn’t want this. | 我知道这不是你的本意 |
[48:35] | But it is really happening. | 但确实发生了 |
[48:57] | Joe? | 乔 |
[49:14] | If I could just say something. | 能让我说一句吗 |
[49:17] | Yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[49:18] | Well, recently she’s been… moody… | 最近 她一直…郁郁寡欢… |
[49:26] | Okay. And how long did that feeling last? | 好的 这种感觉持续了多久 |
[49:28] | I don’t know. | 说不准 |
[49:30] | – For ages. – No, not really, darling. | -很久了 -不 并不是 亲爱的 |
[49:34] | It started exactly on the day | 开始于她为你们 |
[49:36] | she did the pollen test, for you. | 做花粉试验的那天 |
[49:40] | – I don’t know why we did it. – For the money. | -我不知道我们为什么要做 -为了钱 |
[49:43] | We said that she could buy a bike. | 我们说她可以买一辆自行车 |
[49:46] | It’s not really as though we can afford to buy a bicycle. | 不是说我们买不起自行车 |
[49:49] | – We thought it was harmless. – And it is, okay? | -我们以为是无害的 -确实是 好吗 |
[49:52] | – So please don’t worry. – Don’t worry? | -所以请不要担心 -不要担心 |
[49:55] | Well, my daughter doesn’t respond to her own name, | 我去长笛班接我女儿下课 |
[49:58] | doesn’t recognize me when I collect her from her flute lesson. | 叫她的名字她都没反应 |
[50:00] | Mummy, I told you, | 妈妈 我和你说了 |
[50:00] | I wasn’t wearing my glasses. | 我当时没戴眼镜 |
[50:03] | Be quiet. | 别说话 |
[50:07] | Well, I really don’t know | 我真的不知道 |
[50:08] | what my husband is trying to say. | 我丈夫想说什么 |
[50:10] | I’m absolutely fine. | 我好得很 |
[50:13] | That’s exactly the problem. | 问题就在于此 |
[50:16] | She used to complain about me all the time. | 她以前总是对我抱怨个不停 |
[50:18] | Nothing was ever good for her. | 对一切都不满意 |
[50:21] | But I knew she loved me. | 可是我知道她爱我 |
[50:23] | Now, she couldn’t be nicer to me, but… | 现在她对我好得不得了 但是 |
[50:27] | Because you deserve it, Harry. | 因为你值得爱 哈利 |
[50:32] | I don’t know this woman anymore. | 我已经不认识这个女人了 |
[50:35] | This isn’t my wife. | 这不是我老婆 |
[50:38] | My God! Please, don’t take my husband seriously. | 天啊 我老公的话别当真 |
[50:41] | If we just could get back to the allergic reactions? | 我们再说说过敏反应 |
[51:06] | – Parents. – But when do they finish? | -父母 -但是他们什么时候结束 |
[51:09] | Midnight, but I have to sleep by 11:00. | 午夜 但是我十一点就得睡了 |
[51:13] | – That sucks. – Yep. | -真不爽 -是啊 |
[51:15] | Yeah, at least you got to go. | 至少你去看了 |
[51:17] | Yeah, I guess. | 是的吧 |
[51:19] | – You missed it. – What? | -你错过了 -什么 |
[51:23] | It was sick. | 特牛逼 |
[51:24] | Like, oh, my God, it was actually really good. | 跟你说 真的特别精彩 |
[51:28] | Who’s there? | 谁在外面 |
[51:31] | Mum? | 妈妈 |
[51:37] | I didn’t know… | 我不知道 |
[51:40] | Good evening, Mrs. Woodard. | 晚上好 伍达德夫人 |
[51:44] | Mum, this is Selma. We’re doing a project together. | 妈妈 这是塞尔玛 我们在一起做作业 |
[51:50] | Lovely. | 真好 |
[51:51] | Hello, Selma. So, you’re classmates? | 你好 塞尔玛 你们是同学 |
[51:56] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[51:58] | Right. | 好的 |
[52:01] | Would you like to stay for dinner? | 你要留下来吃晚饭吗 |
[52:03] | Yes, please. | 好的 谢谢 |
[52:05] | Well, then I… | 那么 |
[52:08] | Shouldn’t you tell your parents? | 要不要告诉你父母一声 |
[52:11] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[52:19] | Hi, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[52:21] | Joe’s mum wants me to tell you I’m staying here for dinner. | 乔的妈妈想让我告诉你我在这吃完饭 |
[52:34] | This is delicious, Mrs. Woodard. | 很好吃 伍达德夫人 |
[52:37] | Please call me Alice. | 叫我爱丽丝就行 |
[52:39] | It’s just the takeaway. | 这就是外卖而已 |
[52:40] | I’m not much of a cook. | 我不太会做饭 |
[52:42] | But thanks anyway. | 不过 还是谢谢你 |
[52:45] | I’m glad that you invited somebody over. | 你请同学来家里我很高兴 |
[52:47] | I hardly know any of Joe’s friends. | 我几乎不认识乔的朋友 |
[52:51] | I am sorry. | 那真不好意思 |
[52:53] | Well, of course, | 当然了 |
[52:54] | a boy doesn’t have to discuss everything with his mum. | 男孩子也不是事事都要跟妈妈说 |
[52:58] | I suppose Joe spends more time with his father? | 那乔应该是和爸爸待的时间多一些吧 |
[53:02] | No, he’s mostly here with me. | 不 他基本都是跟我过 |
[53:05] | Joe’s father lives out in the wilds. | 乔的爸爸住在荒野 |
[53:08] | I know, I’ve been there. | 我知道 我去过 |
[53:11] | What? | 什么 |
[53:12] | Yes, Selma came with me once. | 是的 塞尔玛跟我去过一次 |
[53:16] | Yes, it was really wonderful. I love the countryside. | 是的 那里特别好 我很喜欢郊外 |
[53:20] | That’s unusual for a teenager. | 青少年这样的不多 |
[53:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[53:27] | Joe, there’s something that I wanted | 乔 我有些事情 |
[53:28] | to discuss with you. | 想跟你谈谈 |
[53:30] | – My plant house keycard? – That’s funny. | -我的暖房钥匙卡呢 -说来有趣 |
[53:34] | I also wanted to discuss something with you too. | 我也有事想跟你谈 |
[53:36] | Yes? | 说吧 |
[53:39] | Well, see… | 是这样 |
[53:43] | you’re always so busy with work | 你工作一直都很忙 |
[53:45] | and I guess it must be really tiring for you | 我估计还要照顾我对你来说 |
[53:48] | taking care of me as well. | 也挺辛苦的 |
[53:49] | What? Who says so? | 什么 谁说的 |
[53:51] | Ivan? | 伊凡吗 |
[53:52] | No. | 不是 |
[53:55] | You don’t notice, | 你没注意到 |
[53:56] | but usually I’m here all by myself, | 可是通常都是我一人在家 |
[53:59] | and recently I’ve been getting on really well with Dad. | 而且最近我跟爸爸相处得也不错 |
[54:04] | Just been thinking. | 我就在想 |
[54:07] | I do want to live with him, after all. | 我还是想和他一起生活 |
[54:13] | That’s out of the question! I simply won’t allow it. | 绝对不行 我是不会同意的 |
[54:20] | See? | 你看 |
[54:22] | I knew you’d say that. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[54:25] | This is how you will get rid of me. | 你就是这么抛弃我的 |
[54:28] | It’s your own fault. | 都是你的错 |
[54:32] | Come on, we’re going. | 来 我们走 |
[54:35] | Wait, please. | 等等 别走 |
[54:36] | Joe! | 乔 |
[54:38] | – Please! – Let go! | -别走 -放手 |
[54:40] | You’re hurting me. | 你弄疼我了 |
[54:56] | I’ll get a plaster. | 我去拿创可贴 |
[55:08] | Can I help you, Mrs. Woodard? | 需要帮忙吗 伍达德夫人 |
[55:11] | No, it’s all right. | 不用 没事 |
[55:31] | I think it does talk back. | 我觉得它确实会回应 |
[55:34] | I told you. | 我说对了吧 |
[55:35] | It’s a very special plant. | 它是非常特别的植物 |
[55:59] | What happened to your ants? | 你的蚂蚁怎么了 |
[56:02] | I can’t take care of everything around here. | 我做不到事事兼顾 |
[56:27] | Fuck. | 操 |
[56:32] | Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. | 糟了 糟了 糟了 |
[56:36] | Fuck! | 操 |
[56:47] | If you didn’t know how to handle the thermostat, | 如果你不知道如何设置恒温器 |
[56:49] | – you just had to ask. – Oh, come on. | -你可以问 -行了 |
[56:52] | I’ve been a plant breeder here for 20 years. | 我在这当了二十年的植物育种师了 |
[56:55] | Of course, you have. | 当然了 |
[56:58] | Just next time I’ll be better off doing it | 我觉得 下次还是我亲自动手 |
[56:59] | all by myself, I think. | 会好一些 |
[57:04] | – I think she did it on purpose. – All right. | -我觉得她是故意的 -行了 |
[57:07] | Bella, I’m sorry. Ric doesn’t mean it like that. | 贝拉 抱歉 瑞克不是那个意思 |
[57:10] | I mean, you’re one of our best breeders. | 你是我们最好的育种师之一 |
[57:12] | Oh, please save your breath. | 省省吧 |
[57:16] | I know what you think of me. | 我知道你们是怎么看待我的 |
[57:19] | I can see through you. | 我能看穿你们的心思 |
[57:23] | I know what’s going on here. | 我知道是怎么回事 |
[57:48] | Bella’s theories are completely crazy. | 贝拉的理论简直就是一派胡言 |
[57:53] | Not that I’m prejudiced. | 我不是有偏见 |
[57:54] | – I’d be… – The last person | -我… -你是绝对 |
[57:55] | to have such a prejudice. | 不会有偏见的 |
[57:58] | Right, stop looking at me as if I were a zombie. | 好吧 那就别拿看僵尸的眼神看我 |
[58:00] | I’ve had enough! | 我受够了 |
[58:01] | I’m… I’m sorry. Of course you’re right. | 对不起 你说得对 |
[58:04] | The whole thing is ridiculous. | 整件事太荒唐了 |
[58:12] | I just don’t understand why you’re worried. | 我就是不明白你为什么担心 |
[58:13] | I mean, it worked well. | 效果很好 |
[58:15] | Perhaps it worked too well. | 也许效果太好了 |
[58:20] | Perhaps the plant isn’t only making people happy | 也许这个植物不仅让人高兴 |
[58:22] | but it’s actually infecting people’s brains. | 实际上还影响了人们的大脑 |
[58:27] | What? | 什么 |
[58:29] | What if we made a mistake? | 如果是我们弄错了呢 |
[58:31] | and then something went wrong with the R-virus | 然后R病毒在转基因的过程中 |
[58:33] | during gene transfer? | 出了什么差错 |
[58:36] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[58:37] | What if the virus mutated and it became pathogenic? | 如果病毒发生变异并且能致病了 |
[58:44] | I mean, are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[58:46] | Cytokinin could have caused a mutation. | 细胞分裂素可能导致突变 |
[58:48] | Hang on, let me get this straight. | 等一下 我想一想 |
[58:51] | You’re suggesting | 你是说 |
[58:53] | that this harmless little R-virus vector | 这个人畜无害的R病毒载体 |
[58:57] | has mutated into a human pathogenic virus | 变异成了能感染人类大脑的 |
[59:01] | that infects people’s brains? | 人类致病病毒 |
[59:05] | What in the world could cause that to happen? | 这怎么可能 |
[59:08] | Little Joe. | 小小乔 |
[59:10] | I mean, what if Bella’s right | 如果贝拉说得对 |
[59:11] | and this is how the plant is trying to overcome its sterility? | 这种植物就是这样克服不能繁殖的特性呢 |
[59:14] | By infecting people’s brains? | 通过感染人类大脑 |
[59:17] | By using the R-virus to do it. | 通过R病毒来实现 |
[59:20] | We never should’ve made Little Joe sterile, | 我们就不该让小小乔不能繁殖 |
[59:21] | – It is unnatural, after all. – No, it’s vital! | -这有悖自然 -这很重要 |
[59:24] | That’s what makes genetic engineering safe. | 这是确保基因工程安全的关键 |
[59:26] | That we don’t let our plants propagate | 我们不能让我们的植株 |
[59:28] | into nature uncontrolled. | 在大自然中不受控制地繁殖 |
[59:29] | You sound like a promotional clip. | 你这话说得像宣传片台词 |
[59:31] | You believe that? | 你信吗 |
[59:32] | Well, of course, there are other benefits, such as | 当然 还有其他的好处 比如 |
[59:34] | the commercial use of the plant. | 植物的商业用途 |
[59:36] | – See? – But that’s okay. | -你看 -但是没关系 |
[59:38] | Well, maybe Little Joe doesn’t think it’s okay. | 也许小小乔不这么认为 |
[59:40] | Little Joe doesn’t think at all. | 小小乔根本就没有思维 |
[59:44] | Listen, if you go around telling people | 如果你到处跟人说 |
[59:47] | that we may have some sort of human pathogenic virus | 我们的植物里可能有某种 |
[59:49] | in our plant, | 人类致病病毒 |
[59:51] | our careers are over! | 我们的事业就完了 |
[1:00:10] | So, you do think that it could happen? | 你确实觉得有可能 |
[1:00:12] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不觉得 |
[1:00:13] | Perhaps that’s exactly what happened. | 也许就是这么回事 |
[1:00:16] | So, now, we’re dealing with a super virus | 你是说我们面对的是一种感染人类的超级病毒 |
[1:00:20] | that infects people so that all they care about | 让他们变得只在乎 |
[1:00:22] | is the reproduction of Little Joe. | 小小乔的繁殖 |
[1:00:24] | But at the same time you don’t notice | 但与此同时 你却不会注意到 |
[1:00:26] | because the infected people act exactly as they did before. | 因为被感染的人的行为和以前没有区别 |
[1:00:29] | And they’re deceptively good at it. | 他们伪装得很好 |
[1:00:30] | Sounds very plausible. | 听起来很合理 |
[1:00:32] | Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[1:00:36] | Alice, don’t you think that these “changes” | 爱丽丝 你说这些”改变” |
[1:00:40] | that Little Joe is supposed to cause | 是由小小乔引发的 |
[1:00:43] | could be happening for completely different reasons? | 但会不会是其他原因导致的呢 |
[1:00:49] | I’m just so worried about Joe. | 我只是很担心乔 |
[1:00:52] | I just don’t know him anymore. | 我都认不出他来了 |
[1:00:53] | We were so close and now he’s… | 我们以前特别亲密 现在他… |
[1:00:56] | Well, Joe is growing up. | 乔长大了 |
[1:00:58] | It’s completely normal for him to change. | 改变对他来说很正常 |
[1:01:01] | He wants to move in with Ivan. | 他想搬去和伊万住 |
[1:01:03] | What would I do without him? | 没有了他我可怎么办 |
[1:01:06] | Well, I could talk to him, | 我可以跟他谈谈 |
[1:01:08] | if you like. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[1:01:55] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[1:01:56] | All right. Cool. | 好吧 |
[1:01:58] | – See you later. – See you later. | -回头见 -回头见 |
[1:01:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:02:32] | Hi, mum. | 妈妈 |
[1:02:33] | I didn’t see you. | 我没看见你 |
[1:02:47] | So I decided to take the weekend off. | 我决定周末放假 |
[1:02:50] | We can go to an exhibition or a movie? | 我们可以一起去看展览或者看电影 |
[1:02:55] | I’m already doing something. | 我已经有计划了 |
[1:03:02] | It’s like I barely know you anymore. | 我好像都不了解你了 |
[1:03:03] | You never tell me what you’re up to. | 你都不告诉我你在做些什么 |
[1:03:11] | I don’t have to discuss everything with you. | 我不用事事都跟你说 |
[1:03:15] | Mum, please, | 妈妈 拜托 |
[1:03:17] | this is normal at my age. | 我这个年纪这样很正常 |
[1:03:41] | Bella. | 贝拉 |
[1:03:46] | I have a huge favor to ask you. | 我想求你帮个大忙 |
[1:03:47] | I’m… | 我… |
[1:03:49] | I need to leave early today. | 我今天要提早下班 |
[1:03:51] | My girlfriend has had an accident. | 我女友出了点意外 |
[1:03:55] | She is in hospital right now. | 她现在在医院 |
[1:03:57] | – and… – What do you want? | -而且… -有什么需要 |
[1:04:00] | Could you do the nutrient feed for me? | 你能帮我上一下营养液吗 |
[1:04:03] | Please? | 拜托了 |
[1:04:11] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[1:04:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:04:18] | The access code is “fromage”. | 门禁密码是”奶酪”[法语] |
[1:04:20] | F- r-o-m-a-g-e. | 女 乃 西 各 |
[1:04:23] | Thanks, Bella. | 谢谢 贝拉 |
[1:06:13] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[1:07:36] | 花房公司 生物科技 | |
[1:07:42] | Bella? | 贝拉 |
[1:07:50] | How are you? | 你没事吧 |
[1:07:51] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[1:07:52] | Well, you seemed, how should I say, | 你最近有点 怎么说呢 |
[1:07:54] | – quite concerned lately. – Oh, that? | -忧心忡忡的 -你说这个啊 |
[1:07:57] | That’s all over, I’m fine. | 我现在已经没事了 |
[1:08:00] | I’m sorry I frightened you. | 不好意思吓到你了 |
[1:08:02] | I realize now that it was all in my mind. | 我现在明白了只是我自己瞎想罢了 |
[1:08:06] | I’m not sure if you know but I used to be ill. | 你可能不知道我以前得过病 |
[1:08:11] | Mentally ill. | 精神疾病 |
[1:08:13] | Sometimes, my illness comes back | 有时候病症会复发 |
[1:08:14] | and I’m not myself anymore. | 我就会变得神经兮兮 |
[1:08:16] | Anyway, if I take my medication, everything’s fine. | 我吃了药以后就没事了 |
[1:08:20] | That’s how it is. | 就是这样 |
[1:08:24] | But, Bello… | 但贝洛… |
[1:08:29] | Really. You don’t have to worry. | 真的 没什么好担心的 |
[1:08:31] | Little Joe is completely harmless. | 小小乔是完全无害的 |
[1:08:33] | I inhaled some of the pollen myself. | 我自己也吸入了花粉 |
[1:08:35] | and I’m just fine. | 什么事也没有 |
[1:08:36] | Little Joe couldn’t harm anybody. | 小小乔不会伤害任何人的 |
[1:08:38] | How can you be sure? | 你怎么能这么肯定 |
[1:08:40] | It’s just a plant trying to survive. | 它只是一种努力求生的植物 |
[1:08:58] | Sorry, I don’t see an appointment for you today. | 抱歉 这上面没有你的预约 |
[1:09:00] | I know. But it’s important. | 我知道 但我有要事 |
[1:09:03] | This is most irregular. | 这不符合常规 |
[1:09:14] | Well, I’m no biologist. | 我不是植物学家 |
[1:09:16] | What can I say? | 我能说什么呢 |
[1:09:20] | What would the consequences be? | 会有怎样的后果 |
[1:09:23] | We don’t know. | 我们不清楚 |
[1:09:26] | We really don’t know what a virus like that could do. | 我们真的不清楚这种病毒的威力 |
[1:09:29] | Well, neither do I. | 我就更不知道了 |
[1:09:34] | So, your colleague, Bella? | 你的这位同事 贝拉 |
[1:09:38] | Might be right after all? | 或许一直以来都是对的 |
[1:09:41] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:09:42] | No. She’s changed her mind recently, | 不 她最近改变想法了 |
[1:09:44] | but I think that’s because she’s been infected too. | 但我觉得是因为她也被感染了 |
[1:09:49] | Just like Joe. | 就像乔一样 |
[1:09:51] | Joe? | 乔 |
[1:09:52] | It sounds so crazy. | 听起来很荒谬 |
[1:09:56] | But it’s as if… | 但就好像 |
[1:10:01] | Joe weren’t Joe anymore. | 乔再也不是以前的那个乔了 |
[1:10:04] | He frightens me. | 他吓到我了 |
[1:10:07] | Let’s remember Bella’s dog. | 让我们回忆一下贝拉的狗 |
[1:10:12] | In our last session, | 在我们上次谈话时 |
[1:10:13] | you spoke about how Bella stopped loving her dog | 你说过贝拉不再喜爱她的狗了 |
[1:10:16] | because she thought it had changed. | 因为她认为它变了 |
[1:10:20] | She had it put down, right? | 她把狗安乐死了 对吧 |
[1:10:23] | Is it possible, | 有没有可能 |
[1:10:25] | Bella prompted certain fears in you? | 贝拉的行为引发了你心中的恐惧 |
[1:10:28] | Fears connected with the loss of your son. | 恐惧自己可能会失去儿子 |
[1:10:33] | Fear can distort our perception of reality | 恐惧会扭曲我们对现实的认知 |
[1:10:36] | until we actually see what we are afraid of… | 除非你能真正认清自己到底在害怕什么 |
[1:10:42] | or what we secretly wish for. | 或者说真正的愿望是什么 |
[1:10:47] | Wish for? | 愿望 |
[1:10:49] | What wish would that be? | 什么愿望 |
[1:10:55] | Patient Woodard, Alice: | 患者 爱丽丝·伍达德 |
[1:10:58] | workaholic, feelings of guilt | 工作狂 有内疚感 |
[1:11:01] | centered on perceived neglect of pubescent son, Joe. | 内疚源于意识到自己对青春期儿子乔的忽视 |
[1:11:16] | Possibly patient is suppressing her subconscious wish | 也许患者在压抑自己潜意识里 |
[1:11:19] | to free herself from the bond with her child. | 希望摆脱孩子的愿望 |
[1:12:34] | I don’t even see what the problem should be. | 我搞不懂问题究竟出在哪里 |
[1:12:37] | Try to make her feel more needed. | 试着让她感受到被需要吧 |
[1:12:40] | – That’s just how mothers are. – Yeah. | -当母亲的都是这样 -是的 |
[1:12:43] | Yeah, I also think that… | 我还觉得 |
[1:12:47] | Oh, Alice, there you are. | 爱丽丝 你总算回来了 |
[1:12:48] | We were just wondering what happened to you. | 我们还以为你出事了 |
[1:12:49] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[1:12:51] | We’re just having a chat. | 我们只是聊聊天 |
[1:12:54] | Me and Joe and his girlfriend Selma. | 我和乔还有他女友塞尔玛 |
[1:12:58] | Is it all right if Chris stays for dinner? | 克里斯能留下来吃晚饭吗 |
[1:13:00] | No! | 不能 |
[1:13:02] | Pity. | 可惜 |
[1:13:06] | What’s going on here? | 你们究竟在干什么 |
[1:13:08] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:13:10] | Didn’t you want me to speak to Joe? | 不是你想让我跟乔谈一谈吗 |
[1:13:14] | Alice, how can you possibly misunderstand everything? | 爱丽丝 你怎么能误解了这一切 |
[1:13:17] | Chris, please, you should leave now. | 克里斯 你该回去了 |
[1:13:20] | Alice… | 爱丽丝 |
[1:13:22] | I don’t think you know how much… | 你根本不知道我有 |
[1:13:27] | I… | 多 |
[1:13:28] | I think I love you. | 多爱你 |
[1:13:37] | Chris… | 克里斯 |
[1:13:42] | You know what? There’s nothing wrong with Joe. | 你知道吗 乔根本就没问题 |
[1:13:46] | You just have to let him go. | 你不能一直管着他 |
[1:13:48] | It’s really none of your business, Joe is my boy. | 不关你的事 乔是我儿子 |
[1:13:51] | Well, I’m just trying to help. | 我只是想帮忙罢了 |
[1:13:54] | If there’s anyone that’s changed around here, it’s you. | 如果真的有谁改变了的话 那也是你 |
[1:14:04] | That’s not true. | 一派胡言 |
[1:14:08] | Joe, please, I have to talk to you. | 拜托 乔 我得跟你谈谈 |
[1:14:18] | Several things have happened recently | 最近发生了许多事情 |
[1:14:20] | that have disturbed me quite a lot. | 让我感到十分困扰 |
[1:14:23] | For instance, what you and Selma | 例如 你跟塞尔玛 |
[1:14:25] | were doing in the growing hall. | 去培育厅干什么 |
[1:14:27] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:14:30] | I’ve no idea what you mean. | 我听不懂你说的 |
[1:14:32] | Don’t bother lying. | 别撒谎了 |
[1:14:33] | Joe, I know you were in there. | 乔 我知道你去过 |
[1:14:35] | You followed us! | 你竟然跟踪我们 |
[1:14:37] | Mum… | 妈妈 |
[1:14:39] | that’s really… | 太过分了 |
[1:14:41] | – How could you do that? – No! What… | -你怎么能这么做 -不是的 |
[1:14:44] | Why do you think… of course not. | 你怎么会这么想 当然不是 |
[1:14:51] | We wanted to give Ivan a plant, | 我们想送给伊凡一株植物 |
[1:14:53] | for his birthday. | 作为生日礼物 |
[1:14:55] | He’s allergic. | 他对花粉过敏 |
[1:14:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:15:04] | We wanted him to inhale the pollen, too. | 我们想让他也吸入花粉 |
[1:15:08] | So, he’d become like us. | 这样一来他就会像我们一样 |
[1:15:12] | What? | 什么 |
[1:15:15] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[1:15:18] | Selma and I have been infected by Little Joe’s pollen. | 塞尔玛和我都被小小乔的花粉感染了 |
[1:15:24] | What? | 什么 |
[1:15:26] | Yes. | 没错 |
[1:15:28] | It’s funny, but… | 说来有趣 但是 |
[1:15:30] | ever since, I’ve felt quite happy. | 从那以后 我一直很快乐 |
[1:15:33] | All of us who have inhaled the pollen, | 我们所有吸入了花粉的人 |
[1:15:36] | we belong together now. | 我们现在是一体的了 |
[1:15:39] | And we’ll do anything to help Little Joe. | 我们愿意奉献一切去帮助小小乔 |
[1:15:43] | That’s our job, isn’t it? | 这是我们的使命 对吧 |
[1:15:48] | Of course, | 当然 |
[1:15:50] | it’s a pity you feel bad now, but… | 很遗憾你现在觉得难过 |
[1:15:53] | that’s just because you’re not one of us. | 但那是因为你没有加入我们 |
[1:15:56] | Not yet. | 还没有加入 |
[1:15:59] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:16:00] | If you inhale the pollen too, you’ll understand. | 如果你也吸入花粉的话 就会明白了 |
[1:16:04] | It doesn’t hurt. | 不会痛的 |
[1:16:06] | You’ll hardly notice the difference. | 你甚至感觉不出区别 |
[1:16:08] | No one does. Not even us. | 没人感觉得到 我们也一样 |
[1:16:12] | We pretend to be the same as before and it works. | 我们装作跟以前一样 这很有效 |
[1:16:17] | It’s a kind of reflex. | 这是一种本能反应 |
[1:16:20] | And it makes you feel happy. | 而且你会变得快乐 |
[1:16:24] | Which is what you wanted, right? | 你不是想要快乐吗 |
[1:16:26] | No. | 不是 |
[1:16:27] | Joe, that’s impossible. That’s not what I wanted. | 乔 别说胡话了 这根本不是我想要的 |
[1:16:31] | But look, Alice… | 是这样 爱丽丝 |
[1:16:34] | Can I call you Alice? | 我可以叫你爱丽丝吗 |
[1:16:36] | Yes. | 可以 |
[1:16:37] | There’s nothing for you to be afraid of. | 其实没什么好害怕的 |
[1:16:40] | Now, you think something will be missing, | 你以为可能会失去自我 |
[1:16:43] | but, like I said, you won’t notice. | 但就像我说的 你根本察觉不出变化 |
[1:16:49] | It’s like being dead. | 就像死亡一样 |
[1:16:51] | You don’t notice you’re dead, do you? | 没人能意识到自己已经死了 对吧 |
[1:16:55] | Good comparison. | 这个比喻不错 |
[1:17:08] | Joke. | 玩笑 |
[1:17:09] | It was a joke. | 我们在开玩笑 |
[1:17:12] | What? | 什么 |
[1:17:14] | Come on, Mum, | 拜托 妈妈 |
[1:17:15] | you don’t really believe that nonsense, do you? | 你不会真的相信那些鬼话吧 |
[1:17:17] | It’s me, Joe. | 是我啊 |
[1:17:20] | Your Joe. I’m… I’m fine really! | 你的儿子乔 我真的没事 |
[1:17:23] | And so is Selma. Right, Selma? | 塞尔玛也没事 对吧 |
[1:17:28] | But… | 但是 |
[1:17:29] | what gave you that idea? | 你们怎么想到这些的 |
[1:17:33] | Chris told us a bit about your problems… | 克里斯跟我们说了你的困扰 |
[1:17:37] | with Little Joe. | 有关小小乔的 |
[1:17:39] | Seriously, Mum. | 说真的 妈妈 |
[1:17:42] | I suppose I have changed a bit but it’s nothing against you. | 我的确有一些变化 但并不是针对你 |
[1:17:46] | It has nothing to do with you. | 这些变化跟你没有关系 |
[1:17:50] | I guess I’m growing up | 只是因为我长大了 |
[1:17:52] | and I simply want to spend a bit more time with my father. | 想多陪陪我爸爸而已 |
[1:17:56] | Can you please accept that? | 请你接受好吗 |
[1:18:57] | Joe? | 乔 |
[1:19:19] | Joe. | 乔 |
[1:19:24] | I will always love you. | 我永远爱你 |
[1:19:39] | Karl, I have to confess that I lied to you all. | 卡尔 我得承认我欺骗了大家 |
[1:19:45] | I’m terribly sorry. | 十分抱歉 |
[1:19:47] | I didn’t use the usual vectors | 我没有使用常规载体 |
[1:19:49] | but one of the new virus vectors. It was, um… | 而是用了新型的病毒载体 就是 |
[1:19:54] | precisely the ones that we’re not allowed. | 就是我们明令禁止的那个 |
[1:19:55] | That’s how we were able to modify | 因此我们才能随意改良 |
[1:19:57] | Little Joe’s scent so well. | 小小乔的香味 |
[1:20:00] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:20:04] | Well… | 好吧 |
[1:20:06] | that is, of course, a very serious offense. | 确实是非常严重的违规 |
[1:20:10] | If you want my opinion, | 但在我看来 |
[1:20:12] | sooner or later, we are all going to be using | 迟早我们也会用上 |
[1:20:14] | those new viruses anyway. | 这些新型病毒的 |
[1:20:17] | They are pretty efficient, aren’t they? | 它们太有效了 对吧 |
[1:20:20] | Well, yes. | 是没错 |
[1:20:22] | But I have reason to believe that the ones that we’ve used… | 但我有理由相信我们使用的这种 |
[1:20:25] | – Which one was it? – It’s the R-virus. | -哪一种 -是R病毒 |
[1:20:27] | I have reason to believe that it has mutated | 我有理由相信它已经突变了 |
[1:20:29] | and it now has a pathogenic effect on the human brain. | 现在这种病毒对人脑有致病作用 |
[1:20:33] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:20:36] | Has this ever happened before? | 以前有过这种情况发生吗 |
[1:20:38] | Not that we know of. | 据我们所知没有 |
[1:20:39] | That doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen. | 但并不代表永远不会发生 |
[1:20:42] | Maybe just no one dared to think of it. | 也许只是没人敢去设想而已 |
[1:20:49] | Look. | 你看 |
[1:20:50] | What exactly are the symptoms? | 究竟都有什么症状 |
[1:20:53] | Well, it’s not like they become zombies. | 倒也不会把人类变成僵尸 |
[1:20:56] | I believe that those who are infected, | 我认为被感染的人 |
[1:20:59] | they change in a nearly imperceptible way. | 会发生几乎察觉不到的变化 |
[1:21:02] | They actually feel happy, | 其实他们会很快乐 |
[1:21:04] | but it cannot be compared to the sort of happiness | 但不能和我们想创造的那种快乐 |
[1:21:07] | that we wanted to create. | 相提并论 |
[1:21:09] | The consequences that we are facing here, | 我们所面临的后果 |
[1:21:12] | they could be disastrous. | 可能会是灾难性的 |
[1:21:15] | Could they? | 会吗 |
[1:21:16] | Well, wouldn’t it be terrible if… | 那样难道不可怕吗 |
[1:21:19] | people lost their genuine feelings | 如果人们失去了真实的情感 |
[1:21:20] | and only pretended to be the same as before, | 只是假装和以前一样 |
[1:21:22] | but they weren’t, | 但他们并不是 |
[1:21:23] | because actually they had stopped | 因为他们除了这种植物 |
[1:21:25] | caring about anybody else but the plant? | 就不在乎其他人了 |
[1:21:28] | As long as they’re happy. | 只要他们快乐就行了 |
[1:21:33] | – I was joking. – We can’t take any risks here. | -我开玩笑的 -我们不能冒险 |
[1:21:35] | We must have the whole genome sequenced. | 我们必须对整个基因组进行测序 |
[1:21:39] | Very well then. | 那好吧 |
[1:21:41] | I’ll get everything ready and we can send a sample | 我会准备好 今天晚些我们就能把样本 |
[1:21:43] | to Genex later today. | 送去基科生物公司 |
[1:24:03] | My Bello was the only living being I ever really loved. | 我的贝洛是我唯一真正爱过的生物 |
[1:24:08] | I didn’t inhale the pollen. | 我没有吸入花粉 |
[1:24:11] | I just pretended. | 我只是在假装 |
[1:24:13] | Like I always just pretended. | 就像我一直假装那样 |
[1:24:19] | Bello was the only one I could be myself with. | 我只有和贝洛在一起时才能做自己 |
[1:24:22] | And now he’s gone. | 现在它不在了 |
[1:24:26] | You’re all gone. | 你们都不在了 |
[1:24:28] | You just don’t know it. | 你们只是不自知 |
[1:24:33] | You’re no longer your real selves. | 你们已经不是真实的自己了 |
[1:24:40] | I’m afraid I’m still pretty much myself. | 恐怕我基本上还是我自己 |
[1:24:44] | – What about you? – Yeah, I am, too. | -你呢 -我也是 |
[1:24:59] | Come and sit down. | 过来坐下吧 |
[1:25:02] | What’s the matter with you, Bella? | 你怎么了 贝拉 |
[1:25:04] | Nothing’s the matter. Nothing at all. | 没什么 真的没什么 |
[1:25:06] | – Please, sit down. – I don’t want to sit down. | -请坐下 -我不想坐下 |
[1:25:08] | Just leave me alone. | 让我一个人待着 |
[1:25:11] | Oh, my God… | 天呐 |
[1:25:14] | Nice and easy now, Bella. | 放松 别激动 贝拉 |
[1:25:17] | Where’s your medication? | 你的药呢 |
[1:25:19] | – Go and see a doctor. – I don’t need a doctor. | -去看医生吧 -我不用看医生 |
[1:25:21] | Let go. | 放开 |
[1:25:32] | No, we’ll deal with this. | 没事 我们去处理 |
[1:25:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:25:41] | I’m just… | 我只是 |
[1:26:06] | – Don’t come any closer. – Please. | -别再靠近了 -拜托 |
[1:26:07] | – Stay where you are. – Bella. | -别过来 -贝拉 |
[1:26:46] | – What have you done? – Nothing. | -你们做了什么 -没什么 |
[1:26:48] | We were trying to stop her. | 我们试图拦住她 |
[1:26:50] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[1:27:06] | What can I say is that I’m absolutely shaken. | 我只能说我无比震惊 |
[1:27:11] | Bella was… is my closest colleague. | 贝拉曾是 是我最亲密的同事 |
[1:27:14] | Her dedication and empathy… | 她的奉献精神和同情心 |
[1:27:20] | absolutely invaluable to the work we do here. | 于我们的研究而言是无价的 |
[1:27:25] | So, all our thoughts are with our dear colleague | 我们都挂念着这位亲爱的同事 |
[1:27:28] | who is, at this moment, | 而她此时 |
[1:27:30] | fighting for her life. | 正在为生命而抗争 |
[1:27:34] | And as soon as we know more, | 我们一得到新消息 |
[1:27:35] | we’ll post that information on the internal newsletter. | 就会发到内部通讯上 |
[1:27:42] | But now, in spite of today’s tragic events, | 但是尽管发生了悲剧事件 |
[1:27:44] | we must carry on. | 我们还是得继续前行 |
[1:27:46] | The fair is approaching. | 花博会即将到来 |
[1:27:48] | So… congratulations Team Woodard and Ric. | 恭喜伍达德和瑞克团队 |
[1:27:52] | You have done fantastic work. | 你们做得很棒 |
[1:27:55] | The test results confirm that Little Joe does not trigger | 试验结果证实 小小乔不会引发 |
[1:27:57] | any serious allergies or other adverse reactions. | 严重过敏或其他不良反应 |
[1:28:00] | So, consequently, face masks need no longer be worn, | 因此大家不用再戴口罩了 |
[1:28:04] | with immediate effect. | 即刻生效 |
[1:28:08] | We will be ready for the flower fair. | 我们会在花博会上大显身手的 |
[1:28:12] | There’ll always be somebody with minor allergic reactions. | 总会有人有轻微的过敏反应的 |
[1:28:20] | I’m so sorry, Alice. | 我很抱歉 爱丽丝 |
[1:28:21] | Little Joe is harmless. | 小小乔是无害的 |
[1:28:23] | Now I take full responsibility for the failure of my Flash 2s. | 我为闪电二号的失败承担全部责任 |
[1:28:26] | So I’ll just have to do better next time. | 下次我会做得更好 |
[1:28:29] | Yeah? Concerning the sample you prepared… | 好吗 关于你准备的样本 |
[1:28:34] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[1:28:35] | We won’t need it. I mean… | 我们用不着了 我是说 |
[1:28:38] | Neither of us wants Genex finding out | 我们都不希望基科生物公司发现 |
[1:28:40] | about your somewhat unorthodox approach. | 你使用了不太正规的做法 |
[1:28:44] | Now that we’re so close to presenting our Little Joes to the public, | 既然我们马上就要向公众展示小小乔了 |
[1:28:48] | we don’t want to spoil it, do we? | 我们可不希望毁了它 对吗 |
[1:28:53] | But the risk of infection… | 但是感染的风险 |
[1:28:56] | Please, don’t be offended, | 请别生气 |
[1:28:57] | but your theory lacks any sort of evidence. | 但你的理论缺乏证据 |
[1:29:00] | There are simply no symptoms. | 根本没出现症状 |
[1:29:02] | And who can prove the genuineness of feelings? | 谁又能证明情感的真假呢 |
[1:29:07] | Moreover, who cares? | 再说了 谁在乎呢 |
[1:29:11] | I fear Bella’s ideas have infected your mind, | 我担心感染你的是贝拉的想法 |
[1:29:14] | rather than any virus. | 而不是什么病毒 |
[1:29:16] | It seems that this has all been a bit much for you. | 这一切似乎让你有点招架不住了 |
[1:29:20] | If there’s anything I can do? | 有什么我能做的吗 |
[1:29:23] | No, I’m… I should be fine. | 没有 我应该没事 |
[1:29:54] | 花房公司 温度控制 七号培育厅 | |
[1:30:21] | Still here so late? | 这么晚还在 |
[1:30:25] | Just checking the thermostat. | 只是检查一下恒温器 |
[1:30:28] | – Well? – Well what? | -如何 -什么如何 |
[1:30:31] | Is the temperature all right? | 温度正常吗 |
[1:30:33] | Yeah, everything’s fine. | 是的 一切正常 |
[1:30:37] | It’s just I thought that you might do something rash. | 我只是觉得你可能会冲动行事 |
[1:30:42] | What makes you think that? | 你为什么这么想 |
[1:30:45] | You have been getting a bit carried away recently. | 你最近有点情绪失控 |
[1:30:53] | A bit chilly in here, isn’t it? | 这里有点冷 不是吗 |
[1:30:58] | Alice… | 爱丽丝 |
[1:31:00] | you don’t really want this. | 你不想这么做的 |
[1:31:04] | Please, just trust me for once. | 拜托了 就相信我一次 |
[1:31:06] | I’ll convince Karl to authorize the sequencing. | 我会说服卡尔批准测序的 |
[1:31:12] | We are a team after all. | 我们毕竟是一个团队 |
[1:31:20] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样 |
[1:31:23] | Your own children! | 它们是你的孩子 |
[1:31:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:31:28] | But I can’t take the risk. | 但我不能冒险 |
[1:31:30] | If I made a mistake, then it’s my fault. | 如果我犯了错 那就是我的责任 |
[1:31:32] | No, it’s not. I am a part of this as well. | 不 不是 我也有责任 |
[1:31:35] | Chris, I am the one who did… | 克里斯 是我做的… |
[1:31:38] | Me, me, me! This isn’t all about you. | 我 我 我 这不仅仅是你的事 |
[1:31:42] | – Give me the… – No! | -给我 -不行 |
[1:31:44] | Give me the key! | 把钥匙给我 |
[1:31:48] | Just… | 就 |
[1:34:11] | I have some news that I wouldn’t want to keep from you. | 有个消息我不想瞒着你 |
[1:34:16] | Little Joe has been nominated | 小小乔已经获得 |
[1:34:20] | for the European Herb & Health Award. | 欧洲草药和健康奖项的提名了 |
[1:34:26] | As you know already, we’ve received orders from… | 你也知道 我们已经收到了 |
[1:34:29] | the National School Board and NHS providers. | 教育委员会和国民医保供应商的订单 |
[1:34:33] | So, soon Little Joe will be improving well-being | 所以小小乔很快就会在全国各地的 |
[1:34:36] | in classrooms and hospital wards nationwide. | 教室和病房里改善人们的身心健康了 |
[1:34:40] | Plus, with this nomination, | 而且有了这项提名 |
[1:34:43] | we will receive orders from all over the world. | 我们会收到全世界各地的订单 |
[1:34:48] | Even the EU. | 甚至是欧盟 |
[1:34:52] | Little Joe is our finest work by far. | 小小乔是我们目前为止最优秀的研究成果 |
[1:35:00] | It was a good decision to bring you in after all. | 让你加入我们的确是个明智的决定 |
[1:35:04] | You’ve turned out to be one of our top breeders. | 事实证明 你是我们最顶尖的育种师之一 |
[1:35:06] | So… congratulations to you both. | 恭喜你们二位 |
[1:35:12] | Little Joe will make the world a little happier. | 小小乔会让这个世界多一点小小的快乐 |
[1:35:16] | To us. | 敬我们 |
[1:35:18] | To team Woodard. | 敬伍达德团队 |
[1:35:20] | – To you. – To Little Joe. | -敬你 -敬小小乔 |
[1:35:22] | – Little Joe. – Little Joe. | -敬小小乔 -敬小小乔 |
[1:35:28] | Alice… | 爱丽丝 |
[1:35:30] | again, about what happened, | 之前发生的事 |
[1:35:32] | I’m so sorry. | 我再次道歉 |
[1:35:35] | I was so angry because you always… | 我当时太生气了 因为你 |
[1:35:41] | and you never really… | 你从不 |
[1:35:44] | Anyway. | 总之 |
[1:35:46] | Maybe it’s too late now and I’ve screwed everything up, | 可能现在已经太迟了 我搞砸了一切 |
[1:35:48] | but I do want you to know how much I respect you. | 但我想让你知道我很尊重你 |
[1:35:56] | Please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[1:35:58] | It looks as though it was me who screwed everything up. | 似乎搞砸了一切的人是我 |
[1:36:02] | We are a team after all. | 我们毕竟是一个团队 |
[1:36:31] | Vietnamese. | 越南菜 |
[1:36:34] | That makes a change. | 算是个改变 |
[1:36:39] | I’m glad to see I can still surprise you. | 很高兴我还能给你带来惊喜 |
[1:36:47] | Joe, I’ve been thinking, | 乔 我一直在想 |
[1:36:49] | if you still want to move in with your father, | 如果你还想搬到爸爸那去 |
[1:36:52] | I would understand. | 我能理解 |
[1:36:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:36:59] | Maybe I was just too worried. | 可能我之前太担心了 |
[1:37:01] | You know me, always fearing the worst. | 你知道我的 总是担心最坏的情况 |
[1:37:04] | Yeah, true. | 是啊 没错 |
[1:37:06] | And I suppose it’s high time I learn to manage without you. | 我应该试着习惯没有你的生活了 |
[1:37:19] | Gosh, what did you put in here? | 老天 你在这里面放了什么 |
[1:37:20] | – It’s so heavy. – Just rocks. | -好重 -石头而已 |
[1:37:23] | Pull. | 拉 |
[1:37:35] | Take good care of yourself. | 好好照顾自己 |
[1:37:38] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:37:41] | You’re doing the right thing, believe me. | 这是正确的决定 相信我 |
[1:37:44] | You’re a good mother, | 你是个好妈妈 |
[1:37:46] | but an even better plant-breeder. | 更是个优秀的植物育种师 |
[1:37:48] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[1:37:50] | Anyway, I have to go now. | 我得走了 |
[1:37:54] | I have work to do. | 我还有工作要做 |
[1:38:21] | For a minute there, | 曾经有那么一会儿 |
[1:38:22] | I really believed that my plant would change people. | 我真的相信过我的植物会改变人类 |
[1:38:26] | How absurd to think that a plant would change the love | 认为一种植物能改变母子之间的爱 |
[1:38:29] | – between a mother and a child. – Right. | -是多么荒唐啊 -没错 |
[1:38:32] | And what made you change your mind? | 是什么让你改变了想法 |
[1:38:35] | There was no proof, no virus could be found. | 我们没有证据 没有发现任何病毒 |
[1:38:37] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:38:39] | And can you be sure? | 你确定吗 |
[1:38:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:38:43] | We finally had the sequencing done. | 我们终于完成了测序 |
[1:38:46] | And it’s all fine. | 一切正常 |
[1:38:48] | And do you have any idea why you believed it in the first place? | 你明白自己当初为什么会有那样的想法了吗 |
[1:38:52] | I guess I felt guilty about spending more time | 可能是因为我陪伴乔的时间还没有 |
[1:38:55] | with Little Joe than with Joe. | 陪伴小小乔的多 我感到内疚吧 |
[1:38:57] | But what can I do, | 但我能怎么办呢 |
[1:38:58] | I love my work too. | 我也爱工作 |
[1:39:00] | And a boy needs his father. | 并且儿子需要爸爸 |
[1:39:03] | And you know what, maybe I did actually wish for it, | 说不定我的确有这样的愿望 |
[1:39:06] | unconsciously. | 潜意识里 |
[1:39:07] | That Joe would move in with his father? | 希望乔会搬去和爸爸住吗 |
[1:39:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:39:11] | To have a bit more time for myself and my work. | 希望给我自己和工作多一点时间 |
[1:39:16] | And there’s really no need to blame yourself for that. | 而你完全无须为此自责 |
[1:39:19] | It would be a mistake to deny who you really are. | 否认真实的自己才是大错特错 |
[1:39:31] | Is it the one that makes you happy? | 这就是让你快乐的花吗 |
[1:39:35] | Lovely. | 真香 |
[1:39:36] | They like being talked to. | 它们喜欢有人和它们说话 |
[1:40:18] | Good night, Little Joe. | 晚安 小小乔 |
[1:40:28] | Good night, Mum. | 晚安 妈妈 |