时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Ah! | 啊! |
[00:10] | 公平的问题 | |
[00:30] | Anne? | 安妮? |
[00:34] | It must be four in the morning. Where on earth… ? Did you… ? | 现在一定是凌晨四点,去哪儿了……?你是…? |
[00:38] | – What in the world? – I’m so sorry, Marilla. | – 到底怎么回事? – 对不起,玛丽拉。 |
[00:40] | But we were desperate to have the newspaper ready | 但是,我们非常想把报纸准备好, |
[00:41] | for the Sunday church service. | 以便星期天做礼拜时看。 |
[00:43] | Avonlea will want to read all about the county fair, | 埃文利村需要阅读关于县集市的 |
[00:45] | and there was a small adjustment I wanted to make. | 所有信息,我想进行一些小的调整。 |
[00:46] | So I nipped out to help my fellow reporters. | 所以赶紧去帮助我的记者伙伴们。 |
[00:49] | We have an endowed responsibility to inform the community. | 我们有责任告知社区。 |
[00:52] | Well, next time, try to enact your responsibility to the community | – 好吧,下次,试着在白天 |
[00:56] | – during daylight hours. – I will. | – 对社区负责。- 我会的。 |
[00:58] | You’ve been up almost the whole night. | 你几乎一夜没睡。 |
[01:00] | You may miss church to catch up on your rest. | 你可能会睡过头,而错过教堂礼拜。 |
[01:02] | I don’t want you taking sick from… | 我不希望你因…而生病… |
[01:04] | It wasn’t an adventure, I promise. | 这不是冒险,我保证。 |
[01:07] | This had to be done. | 这是必须要做的。 |
[01:09] | Thank you, Marilla. I’ll go straight to bed. | 谢谢你,玛莉拉。我马上去睡觉。 |
[01:29] | ♪ First thing we’d climb a tree ♪ | ♪首先我们要爬上一颗树♪ |
[01:33] | ♪ And maybe then we’d talk ♪ | ♪然后我们或许会聊天♪ |
[01:37] | ♪ Or sit silently ♪ | ♪或者静静地坐着♪ |
[01:41] | ♪ And listen to our thoughts ♪ | ♪并倾听我们的心声♪ |
[01:45] | ♪ With illusions of someday ♪ | ♪幻想着有一天♪ |
[01:48] | ♪ Casting a golden light ♪ | ♪发出金色的光芒♪ |
[01:52] | ♪ No dress rehearsal ♪ | ♪没有彩排♪ |
[01:56] | ♪ This is our life ♪ | ♪这就是我们的生活♪ |
[02:01] | ♪ You are ahead by a century ♪ | ♪你领先了一个世纪♪ |
[02:04] | ♪ You are ahead by a century ♪ | ♪你领先了一个世纪♪ |
[02:28] | “What is Fair?” by Anne Shirley Cuthbert. | “什么是公平?” 作者:安妮·雪莉·卡斯伯特 |
[02:37] | Marilla. | 玛莉拉。 |
[02:38] | It seems your Anne needs a whole page | 看来你的安妮今天早上需要 |
[02:40] | to speak her mind this morning. | 一整版才能说出她的想法。 |
[02:42] | She’s always had a knack for that, Eliza. | 她总有这方面的本事,伊丽莎。 |
[02:43] | For better or worse. | 不论更好还是更糟。 |
[02:44] | I see Matthew was mentioned for his odd radish. | 我看到,马修奇特的萝卜被提到。 |
[02:48] | Congratulations are in order. | 恭喜恭喜。 |
[02:50] | Or as the saying goes, in odd we trust. | 或者就像俗话说的,我们相信古怪的。 |
[02:57] | Is Anne not attending this morning? | 安妮今天早上不参加礼拜吗? |
[02:59] | She’s in bed. | 她还没起床。 |
[03:01] | I’m surprised to see you here, Diana. | 我很惊讶在这里见到你,戴安娜。 |
[03:03] | You must be bone tired | 后半夜还在编印报纸, |
[03:05] | after your late-night efforts on the newspaper. | 你一定筋疲力尽了。 |
[03:06] | Um, Anne had some extra work to do. | 嗯,安妮还有一些额外的工作要做。 |
[03:10] | She’s very enthusiastic about reporting. | 她非常热衷于报道。 |
[03:29] | May I see this? | 我可以看看这个吗? |
[03:49] | What is happening? | 发生了什么? |
[03:54] | Oh, dear. | 噢,亲爱的。 |
[03:56] | 我强调这个案例是因为,在我们自己的社区中 每天发生的,但实际上,这只是世界上数百年来, 每天在世界各地针对妇女的无数此类事件之一…… | |
[03:59] | 如果我们都被允许冒犯,我们会付出什么代价? 如果没有这些愚蠢的、陈旧的规则、想想我们 将生活在一个多么革命性的世界里! | |
[04:01] | 人们必须决定是否加入我们的反抗, 为正义与平等而战。事实上, 我们拒绝这样的骚扰, | |
[04:03] | 男人不能使女人完整。 女人来到世界的那一刻就变得完整。 | |
[04:06] | Anne!! | 安妮!! |
[04:14] | Josie! | 乔西! |
[04:19] | Why didn’t you talk some sense | 你为什么不对我们火爆的 |
[04:20] | into our flame-headed Robespierre? | “罗伯斯庇尔”说点什么呢?(法国大革命时期的领导人) |
[04:23] | We didn’t know. | 我们不知道。 |
[04:25] | She went rogue. | 她就捣蛋了。 |
[04:27] | This was a school newspaper, not a bully pulpit! | 这是校报,不是恶霸讲坛! |
[04:30] | A conversation will be had. | 会有一次谈话。 |
[04:32] | If you could all turn your attention | 如果你们能把注意力转移到 |
[04:35] | to today’s required… reading?! | 今天所需要的事情上…阅读? |
[04:41] | How could you let this happen? What did you say? | 你怎么能让这种事情发生?你说什么? |
[04:43] | – Nothing! – I don’t believe it. | – 没有!- 我不相信。 |
[04:44] | You girls are always wagging your tongues! | 你们女孩总是喜欢八卦! |
[04:46] | Calm down. Both of you. Please. | 请你们两个人都冷静下来。 |
[04:49] | I’ll attempt to avert disaster and speak with Harmon. | 我会与赫曼交谈,尽量避免灾难。 |
[04:52] | We can’t have this dirty bit of business | 我们不能让这件肮脏的事情, |
[04:54] | mar the arrangements between you and Billy. | 破坏你和比利之间的安排。 |
[04:59] | Deep breaths. Breathe, breathe. | 深呼吸。 呼吸,呼吸。 |
[05:08] | This isn’t about whose fault it is. | 这不是谁的错。 |
[05:11] | – Fault? I didn’t… – Stop. | – 错吗?我没有… – 停下来。 |
[05:14] | It is of no concern who did or didn’t. | 谁做了,谁没做,这无关紧要。 |
[05:16] | We’ll simply do whatever it takes to get him back. | 我们会尽一切可能让他回来。 |
[05:20] | Get him back? He’s not a nice boy. | 让他回来?他不是一个好男孩。 |
[05:24] | Nice isn’t relevant. | 好不好的无关紧要。 |
[05:26] | I hate to tell you, and it’s a hard truth | 我不想告诉你,这是一个 |
[05:29] | you’ll come to understand. | 残酷的事实。 |
[05:30] | You put yourself in a situation. | 你让自己陷入困境。 |
[05:33] | That was a choice. | 那是一种选择。 |
[05:34] | Now you have a reputation. | 现在你出名了。 |
[05:37] | And girls with reputations do not have choices. | 有名的女孩儿别无选择。 |
[05:42] | Mother, he hurt me. | 妈妈,他伤害了我。 |
[05:44] | Tsk. | 哦。 |
[05:47] | Well, you seem to be all in one piece now. | 嗯,你们现在看起来似乎合二为一了。 |
[05:50] | How bad could it be? | 到底能有多糟糕呢? |
[05:56] | Better take a gander. | 最好抓一只雄鹅。 |
[05:57] | And best sit down! | 最好坐下来! |
[06:06] | Account for yourself! | 为自己辩护吧! |
[06:07] | – I’m… sorry? – Your article! | – 什么?- 你的文章! |
[06:09] | Or perhaps manifesto would be a better word. | 或许“宣言”是个更好的词。 |
[06:13] | I told the truth. | 我说的是真相。 |
[06:15] | This particular truth did not need to be told in the newspaper! | 这个特殊的真相不需要在报纸上报道! |
[06:18] | In fact, that’s exactly where the truth should be expressed. | 事实上,这正是表达真相的地方。 |
[06:20] | – Your opinion is your opinion, not… – It’s not my opinion! it’s true. | – 你的见解是你的见解,不是… – 这不是我的见解!这是事实。 |
[06:24] | Isn’t it true that if I choose to marry, | 如果我选择结婚, |
[06:26] | my life could be traded to the highest bidder | 我的生命就可以买到出价最高的 |
[06:28] | for some farmland and cows?! | 农田和奶牛,这难道不是真的吗? |
[06:30] | That’s not what you wrote! | 那不该是你写的! |
[06:32] | Don’t I, as a woman, deserve to even have an opinion? | 我,作为一个女人,难道不该有自己的看法吗? |
[06:34] | Don’t you? | 你不是吧? |
[06:35] | What about when Matthew didn’t so much as consult you | 当马修与银行做了那笔交易,差点让我们 |
[06:38] | when he made the deal with the bank | 赔上了绿山墙的时候,他甚至 |
[06:39] | that almost cost us Green Gables?! | 都没跟你商量过,那又如何? |
[06:41] | Don’t you dare use our plight as fodder | 你不能利用我们的困境 |
[06:44] | for your… your belligerence! | 作为你的…你挑衅的材料! |
[06:46] | I am not being belligerent! | 我不是在挑衅! |
[06:48] | And what about poor Josie Pye? | 那么可怜的乔西·派又如何呢? |
[06:49] | I never mentioned her! The article is about all women! | 我从没提到过她!这篇文章是关于所有女性的! |
[06:52] | If it is about all women, | 如果是关于所有女性的话, |
[06:54] | why was it only Josie who ran out of church crying? | 为什么只有乔西哭着跑出教堂? |
[07:05] | I appreciate the time, Harmon. | 我很感谢你的时间,赫曼。 |
[07:07] | And I promise to consider our conversation carefully. | 我保证会仔细考虑我们的谈话。 |
[07:10] | I’m sure all will sort itself out. | 我相信所有人都会分类好自己。 |
[07:18] | Insufferable fellow. | 让人难以忍受的家伙。 |
[07:20] | Is there a worse smell than male desperation? | 还有比男人绝望更难闻的气味吗? |
[07:22] | Billy, we’ll get you down to Charlottetown soon | 比利,我们很快就会带你去夏洛特镇, |
[07:25] | so that we can find a young woman | 以便找到一个 |
[07:26] | who’s more compatible with our interests. | 更符合我们利益的年轻女人。 |
[07:29] | It’s all very unfortunate. | 这是非常不幸的。 |
[07:30] | It’s a miracle. | 这是一个奇迹。 |
[07:31] | Thank God we won’t have Josie as our sister. | 感谢上帝,乔西不会成为我们的姐妹了。 |
[07:34] | This is rich. | 这真是很讽刺。 |
[07:35] | Did all of you conveniently forget | 你们所有人都适宜地忘记了 |
[07:38] | I was in exactly the same situation two years ago? | 两年前,我处于完全相同的情况吗? |
[07:40] | Oh, nonsense. It’s hardly the same. | 哦,胡说,几乎不一样。 |
[07:42] | Nonsense how? | 胡说怎么了? |
[07:43] | Avonlea was slavering over my perceived impropriety. | 对于我的不当行为,埃文利的口水淹没了我。 |
[07:46] | The rumours nearly ruined me. | 谣言差点毁了我。 |
[07:48] | The rumours were disqualified | 在特德·菲利普斯 |
[07:49] | the moment Ted Phillips proposed. | 求婚的那一刻,谣言就消失了。 |
[07:51] | Which means Billy can fix this. | 这意味着比利可以解决这个问题。 |
[07:53] | By requalifying Josie’s reputation. | 重新确认乔西的名誉。 |
[07:56] | You know you have the power to make this right, right? | 你知道你有能力把事情做好,对吧? |
[08:00] | You have all the power. | 你拥有全部能力。 |
[08:02] | All of it. | 为这一切。 |
[08:04] | This… incident is very different. | 这… 这件事很不一样。 |
[08:06] | The only difference is that you found me worthy of defense. | 唯一不同的是,你认为我值得你为我辩护。 |
[08:10] | And now you’re hanging Josie out to dry | 现在,你把乔西晾在外面, |
[08:12] | because she’s not your daughter. | 因为她不是你的女儿。 |
[08:13] | So off we go, on to the next. | 因此,我们开始下一步。 |
[08:16] | Isn’t it amazing how she can be the talk of the town today, | 不知何故,她能成为今天镇上的热门话题, |
[08:19] | and somehow, simultaneously, yesterday’s news? | 同时又能成为昨天的新闻,难道不令人惊讶吗? |
[08:23] | Have some perspective, dear. | 有一些观点,亲爱的。 |
[08:25] | Small towns have long memories. | 小镇有很长的记忆。 |
[08:26] | Between those rumours you speak of, | 在你谈到的这些谣言 |
[08:28] | and a certain wedding debacle, | 和某种婚礼之间,我们家族 |
[08:30] | our family’s lucky to have preserved our good standing. | 很幸运能保持良好的声誉。 |
[08:32] | Lucky? My efforts were Herculean. | 幸运?我的努力是巨大的。 |
[08:34] | Another instance of perceived moral turpitude, | 另一个道德败坏的例子, |
[08:36] | and who knows what would happen? | 谁知道会发生什么呢? |
[08:37] | Now that you mention it… | 既然你提到了… |
[08:41] | … I can think of one smell that’s worse | …我能想到一种比男人绝望 |
[08:42] | than male desperation. | 更难闻的味道。 |
[08:46] | Hypocrisy. | 虚伪的味道。 |
[08:48] | I need some air. | 我需要一些新鲜空气。 |
[08:50] | Excuse me. | 抱歉。 |
[08:54] | Hmm. College transformed her into quite the little wordsmith. | 嗯。大学把她变成了一个小词霸。 |
[09:02] | How bad was it at church? | 在教堂里有多糟糕? |
[09:05] | It was one-hundred percent bad. | 那是百分之一百的糟糕。 |
[09:06] | – Mathematically-speaking. – Argh! | – 从数学上讲。- 呃! |
[09:08] | How did it all get so mixed up?! | 怎么搞的这么乱呢? |
[09:10] | I was writing about justice and equality! | 我在写关于正义与平等的文章! |
[09:12] | What could be more virtuous than that? | 还有什么比这更有道德的呢? |
[09:14] | I wasn’t even thinking about Josie. | 我根本没提到过乔西。 |
[09:16] | – That much was clear. – Diana! | – 这点很清楚。- 黛安娜! |
[09:18] | I’m sorry, Anne, but you should’ve seen | 对不起,安妮,但是,当乔西 |
[09:21] | the look on Josie’s face when she ran out. | 跑出去的时候,你应该看看她的表情。 |
[09:25] | Help me. | 帮帮我。 |
[09:27] | I need to fix this. What should I do? | 我需要解决这个问题,我该怎么办? |
[09:29] | Apologize. | 去道歉。 |
[09:31] | But I believe in what I wrote! | 但是我相信我写的东西! |
[09:33] | And contrary to popular opinion, | 与现行的观念冲突, |
[09:34] | I believe a newspaper is where these ideas belong. | 我认为报纸是这些想法的归属。 |
[09:36] | No, Anne. | 不,安妮。 |
[09:38] | Apologize to Josie. | 向乔西道歉。 |
[09:54] | – Good day. – Bye. | – 日安。- 再见。 |
[10:07] | – Josie. | – 乔西。 |
[10:32] | But he shouldn’t have touched you! | 但是他不应该碰你! |
[10:34] | You shouldn’t have written about it! | 你不应该写关于这一切! |
[10:36] | You’ve always been jealous of me. | 你一直嫉妒我。 |
[10:39] | You couldn’t rise to my level, | 你无法达到我的水平, |
[10:41] | so you’ve brought me down to yours. | 所以,你就把我拉低到你的水平。 |
[10:43] | Congratulations, Anne. | 恭喜,安妮。 |
[10:45] | Now I’m trash. Just like you. | 现在我很垃圾,就像你一样。 |
[11:00] | Everyone… | 每一个人… |
[11:02] | Everyone! Uh… | 每一个人!呃… |
[11:06] | Anyone? | 任何一个人? |
[11:19] | I believe we’ve yelled enough about the incident. | 相信我们对这件事,喊叫的够多了。 |
[11:21] | How would you like to proceed? | 你们想要如何继续下去? |
[11:23] | My first recommendation is to talk at a level | 我首先建议是好好讲话, |
[11:25] | that won’t cause deafness. | 而不是大喊大叫。 |
[11:29] | We’re arguing about the wrong thing. | 我们正在争论错误的事情。 |
[11:32] | This isn’t about what Anne wrote. | 这与安妮写了什么无关。 |
[11:34] | This is about what’s fair. | 这是关于公平是什么。 |
[11:35] | What’s fair?! | 公平是什么? |
[11:37] | My piece is literally and precisely called “What is Fair”? | 我的文章被精确地称为“什么是公平?” |
[11:41] | Anne, it’s time to listen. Gilbert, please elaborate. | 安妮,是时候聆听了。吉尔伯特,请阐述。 |
[11:45] | I mean, fairness to us. The team. | 我的意思是,对我们来说公平—团队。 |
[11:49] | You could’ve pitched your idea, | 你本可以提出你的想法, |
[11:51] | and we could’ve worked on it together. | 我们本可以一起努力的。 |
[11:53] | I’m sure there’s a way that we can talk about equality without… | 我敢肯定,有一种方法可以谈论平等而无需… |
[11:57] | ruining a girl’s life. | 毁掉一个女孩儿的生活。 |
[11:58] | Oh, now you have an opinion on equality? | 哦,现在你对平等有看法了? |
[12:00] | It’s the same opinion I probably would’ve had yesterday, | 我昨天可能会有同样的看法, |
[12:03] | had you bothered to ask. | 如果你劳神问一下的话。 |
[12:05] | Interesting! Because at the fair, I could’ve sworn | 有趣儿!因为在集市上,我发誓 |
[12:06] | I saw you negotiating for an attractive new parcel of land. | 看到你正在谈判购买一款诱人的新土地。 |
[12:09] | I mean… wife. | 我的意思…妻子。 |
[12:11] | Alright, then! | 好吧,那么! |
[12:13] | Why don’t I tell you my plan | 为什么在这个房间自燃之前, |
[12:15] | before this room spontaneously combusts? | 我不告诉你们,我的计划? |
[12:16] | From now on, we will be exercising a rigid guideline | 从现在开始,我们将执行严格的指导方针, |
[12:20] | I’d assumed was clear from the beginning. | 我认为从一开始就是明确的。 |
[12:23] | I am the editor-in-chief. | 我是主编。 |
[12:24] | As such, all articles must be met with my seal of approval | 因此,在文章印刷之前,所有文章。 |
[12:28] | before they go to print, or else they don’t go to print. | 都必须得到我的批准,否则,不会印刷。 |
[12:32] | Understood? | 明白了吗? |
[12:33] | Wonderful. On the topic of the next issue, | 太棒了。关于下一期的话题, |
[12:36] | please break into groups and begin discussing | 请分成小组,开始讨论 |
[12:38] | what you’d like to see in its pages. | 你想在版面上看到的内容。 |
[12:40] | Anne. | 安妮。 |
[12:49] | Is what I wrote utterly ill-conceived? | 我写的内容是完全错误的构思吗? |
[12:52] | It makes perfect sense to me, but maybe… | 这对我来说很有意义,但也许… |
[12:54] | Honestly, Miss Stacy, I thought I was righting a wrong. | 老实说,史黛西小姐,我想我错了。 |
[12:57] | It… it wasn’t ill-conceived. | 这…这构思没错。 |
[12:58] | There were unintended consequences, clearly, | 显然,有意想不到的后果, |
[13:02] | but at its core the piece was stirring | 但从根本上讲,文章令人激动, |
[13:04] | and… and thought-provoking. | 而且…发人深省。 |
[13:05] | In a larger newspaper, | 在更大的报纸上, |
[13:07] | with a broader readership that is open to the changing times, | 随着时代的变化,读者会越来越多, |
[13:10] | your words might’ve made a positive impact. | 你的文字可能会产生积极的影响。 |
[13:13] | Truly? | 真的? |
[13:15] | Truly. | 真的。 |
[13:17] | But, Anne, | 但是,安妮, |
[13:18] | why didn’t you come to me? | 你为什么不来找我? |
[13:19] | We could’ve avoided casualties. | 我们本可以避免伤亡。 |
[13:21] | Sound journalism must defend the voiceless, | 健全的新闻业必须保护不能发声者, |
[13:23] | not send them further into silence. | 而不是让他们陷入沉默。 |
[13:25] | I was worried it would lose impact | 我担心,如果不立即报道, |
[13:26] | if I didn’t publish immediately. | 这会失去影响。 |
[13:28] | I understand that impulse, | 我理解那种冲动, |
[13:29] | but in order for big… new ideas to take hold, | 但是为了使宏大的…新的想法扎根, |
[13:33] | they must be carefully planned and flawlessly executed. | 它们必须被仔细计划,并完美地执行。 |
[13:37] | Your rashness ruined an opportunity | 你的鲁莽断送了一次 |
[13:39] | for an intelligent conversation. | 进行明智对话的机会。 |
[13:42] | And it hurt your friend. | 而且还伤害了你的朋友。 |
[13:43] | I tried to apologize to Josie. | 我试图向乔西道歉。 |
[13:45] | How did that go? | 事情进展如何? |
[13:49] | Painfully. | 痛苦。 |
[13:51] | Well, my only advice for that is, | 好吧,我对此唯一的建议是, |
[13:53] | if at first you don’t succeed… | 如果你一开始没有成功… |
[13:55] | Can I at least help you with the editorial correction? | 我可以帮你编辑更正一下吗? |
[13:56] | – I can try to explain. – I’m sure you can. | – 我可以解释一下。- 我相信你可以。 |
[13:59] | But you absolutely may not. | 但是你绝对不可以。 |
[14:01] | You’re off editorial writing for good, I’m afraid. | 恐怕你再也不能写社论了。 |
[14:04] | I must mete out consequences. You know that. | 我必须消除后果。你是知道的。 |
[14:06] | So… make friends with your new beat: | 所以…和你的新节奏做朋友吧: |
[14:09] | the fertilizer column. | 肥料专栏。 |
[14:11] | Don’t fret. | 别担心。 |
[14:12] | This is a farming town. | 这是一个农业城镇。 |
[14:14] | It’s a very popular topic. | 这是一个非常流行的话题。 |
[14:24] | Gentlemen, shall we begin? | 先生们,我们开始吧? |
[14:26] | Thank you for meeting on such short notice. | 谢谢你们这么快就来开会。 |
[14:28] | Like you, I had a near-medical conniption | 像你一样,当我在我们的小报上读到 |
[14:32] | when I read such conjecture in our little paper. | 这样的推测时,我感觉几乎天旋地转。 |
[14:35] | But I’ve devised a strategy for how to deal… | 但我已经制定了一个对策… |
[14:37] | There’s only one strategy. | 只有一个策略。 |
[14:39] | We’re taking back the press. | 我们要收回报社。 |
[14:41] | There’s no need to be rash, these are children… | 不必着急,这些都是孩子…… |
[14:43] | It’s not as though this is the first provocation. | 这并不是第一次挑衅。 |
[14:46] | Certainly not. I recall an article on the savage natives | 当然不是。我记得有一篇关于树林里 |
[14:49] | who run around in our woods, doing God knows what. | 野蛮土著人的文章,天知道在干什么。 |
[14:52] | Scalping and stealing. | 剥人头皮和偷窃。 |
[14:53] | We’re getting a little off topic. Why don’t we… | 我们有点跑题了。我们为什么不…… |
[14:56] | And what about the obituary for the coloured woman? | 还有那有色女人的讣告呢? |
[14:59] | – Her name was Mary. – I have relatives | – 她叫玛丽。- 我有亲戚 |
[15:01] | who fought in wars… | 参加过战争… |
[15:03] | and did not receive the dignity | 并没有得到登报 |
[15:06] | of being memorialized in print. | 被纪念的尊严。 |
[15:08] | The children do seem to be taking liberties, | 孩子们似乎很随意, |
[15:11] | publishing whatever they want. | 想到什么就发表什么。 |
[15:13] | We’re taking back the damn press, and that’s that! | 我们正在收回该死的报社,仅此而已! |
[15:15] | Let’s focus. I have several ideas… | 让我们集中精力。我有几个主意… |
[15:18] | I suggest we hold off on repossessing the press. | 我建议我们暂时不要收回报社。 |
[15:22] | The community has enjoyed seeing themselves | 这个社区乐于 |
[15:24] | through the pages of the newspaper. | 通过报纸了解自己。 |
[15:26] | Moreover, it keeps the children busy | 此外,它使孩子们在这些 |
[15:28] | during these idle summer months. | 闲散的夏季保持忙碌。 |
[15:30] | Agreed. Speaking as a mother… | 同意。作为一个母亲… |
[15:32] | I wasn’t quite finished. | 我还没说完呢。 |
[15:34] | It seems like you took the article to heart. | 看来你很重视这篇文章。 |
[15:36] | Hysterical interruptions. | 歇斯底里的打断。 |
[15:38] | Beg your pardon. | 请您再说一遍。 |
[15:39] | – I’m not hyst… – Case in point. | – 我不是歇斯… – 例如。 |
[15:41] | Instead of cancelling the paper, | 不是取消报纸, |
[15:43] | we will dictate a list of acceptable topics | 而是会列出可接受的主题列表, |
[15:46] | and issue a list of what is not fit to print. | 和不适合发表的主题列表。 |
[15:49] | Now, this mandate will ensure there are no more surprises. | 现在,这项授权将确保不再有意外。 |
[15:52] | – All in favour? – Just a minute. | – 全都赞成吗?- 等一下。 |
[15:53] | – Aye! – Done. | – 啊! – 完成了。 |
[15:55] | Of course, Anne Shirley Cuthbert must be disciplined. | 当然,安妮·雪莉·卡斯伯特必须遵守纪律。 |
[15:58] | That’s easy. She’s off the paper. | 这很容易。她不在报社了。 |
[16:00] | Mrs. Lynde, why don’t you run along | 林德太太,你为什么不跑去, |
[16:03] | and deliver the news to Miss Stacy? | 把消息告诉史黛西小姐呢? |
[16:04] | From one woman… to another. | 从一个女人…到另一个。 |
[16:09] | And I know I was meant to be scared of the monster, | 我知道,我应该害怕这个怪物, |
[16:12] | but I felt an overwhelming sadness for him. | 但是我为他感到无法抑制的悲伤。 |
[16:15] | He was so wounded and lovelorn. | 他是如此的受伤,失恋。 |
[16:17] | Frankenstein was always mad and… | 弗兰肯斯坦总是很疯狂…… |
[16:19] | The… the doctor? I suppose he… | 该…医生?我猜想他… |
[16:22] | No, no. The monster. | 不,不。怪物。 |
[16:25] | Oh, uh, Frankenstein is the doctor. | 哦,嗯,弗兰肯斯坦是医生。 |
[16:29] | Or did you mean the doctor, | 还是你说的那个医生, |
[16:31] | while appearing ordinary on the outside, | 虽然外表看起来很普通, |
[16:33] | may indeed have been the true “monster” on the inside? | 也许里面是真正的“怪物”? |
[16:36] | What? I… | 什么?我… |
[16:39] | Um… didn’t you love that the weather mirrored ns | 嗯…难道你不喜欢天气反映了 |
[16:44] | the emotio the characters are feeling? | 人物的情感吗? |
[16:46] | Um, I… I didn’t notice that. | 嗯,我…我没注意到。 |
[16:48] | But I like it when the creature steals the dog sled. | 但是当动物偷雪橇时,我喜欢。 |
[16:50] | That was crazy! | 那真是疯狂! |
[16:57] | Well… you’re a handsome creature. | 好吧…你是一个英俊的生物。 |
[17:00] | You have that in your favour. | 你有你的爱好。 |
[17:04] | I wonder if… | 我怀疑假如… |
[17:06] | if we could think of something else to do. | 我们能想点别的事情做的话。 |
[17:10] | Instead of talking? | 而不是谈话? |
[17:27] | It’s lunacy! | 这是愚蠢的行为! |
[17:29] | It’s… unfair. | 这是…不公正的。 |
[17:31] | This is no longer about the newspaper. Oh, no. | 这与报纸无关。哦,不。 |
[17:34] | No, no, no. This is about men, | 不,不,不。这是关于男人, |
[17:37] | feeling uncomfortable with women, with modernity itself! | 和女人在一起不舒服,还有现代化本身! |
[17:40] | I’m afraid I’m a bit lost. | 恐怕我有点迷惑。 |
[17:42] | Men’s hat fashions! There’s a pressing topic! | 男士帽子时尚!有一个紧迫的话题! |
[17:45] | What’s next? An ode to cigars?! | 接下来是什么?雪茄颂歌? |
[17:47] | Top-ten moustache waxes?! | 十大胡须蜡?! |
[17:49] | Do you mean to say the Board is mandating | 你的意思是说董事会规定哪些 |
[17:51] | what can and can’t be written about? | 内容可以写,哪些内容不能写? |
[17:52] | That is precisely what those old codgers have decreed! | 这正是那些老家伙们所下的命令! |
[17:55] | Not Rachel, of course. | 当然不是雷切尔。 |
[17:57] | She’s as scandalized as I am about this. | 她和我一样为此感到震惊。 |
[17:59] | But she was resoundingly outvoted! | 但是,她被压制投票! |
[18:01] | All because of what I wrote?! | 都是因为我写的?! |
[18:03] | – Oh, my word. – Let me put this plainly. | – 哦,我的天。 – 让我说清楚一点。 |
[18:07] | This isn’t about Anne’s article. | 这与安妮的文章无关。 |
[18:09] | This is censorship. | 这是审查制度。 |
[18:11] | Censorship that was sparked by small-mindedness. | 由心胸狭隘引发的审查制度。 |
[18:14] | There is a difference between incendiary content and libel. | 辛辣的内容和诽谤之间是有区别的。 |
[18:17] | And what exactly is that difference? | 这种区别到底是什么? |
[18:19] | Opinions are legal, libel is not. | 见解是合法的,诽谤不是。 |
[18:22] | Anne wrote an opinion that was… clearly inflammatory. | 安妮写的观点显然是…煽动性的。 |
[18:26] | Now the Board is using her words as an excuse | 现在,董事会以她的文字, |
[18:28] | to limit the freedom of the press. | 为借口来限制新闻自由。 |
[18:30] | Everyone has a right to express their opinions freely, | 每个人都有权利自由表达自己的意见, |
[18:33] | even if they’re unpopular. | 即使他们不受欢迎。 |
[18:37] | What do you think about all this, Matthew? | 马修,你如何看待这一切? |
[18:40] | Um… um… | 嗯…嗯… |
[18:42] | I reckon you’ve heard from about enough men on this topic. | 我估计,你已经从许多的男人那里 听到关于这个话题的看法了。 |
[18:50] | What can be done? How can I help? | 该怎么办?有什么可以帮忙的吗? |
[18:53] | I buried the lead. | 我把铅字(也有先驱者的意思)埋葬了。 |
[18:56] | That’s newspaper talk. | 那是报纸的声音。 |
[18:58] | I’m so worked up. | 我很努力过了。 |
[19:00] | Anne, I’m sorry. | 安妮,对不起。 |
[19:03] | I came over to tell you that the Board | 我过来告诉你,董事会 |
[19:05] | will only let the newspaper continue to publish… | 可以允许报纸继续出版… |
[19:08] | If I’m fired. | 如果我被解雇了。 |
[19:38] | 故事俱乐部。 1896年-1898年 W.R.I.T(我们在真理中安息) | |
[20:04] | I wish I had better news. | 我希望我有更好的消息。 |
[20:05] | I think the best option is to play by their rules for a spell, | 我觉得最好的办法就是按照他们的规则玩一段时间, |
[20:09] | and then, down the road, maybe they’ll… reconsider. | 然后,在过程中,也许他们会…重新考虑。 |
[20:13] | No one’s forcing them to read the paper. | 没人强迫他们看报纸。 |
[20:16] | What are the new rules, anyway? | 无论如何,新规则是什么? |
[20:22] | “The weather, hat fashions, farm stories, | “天气,帽子时尚,农场故事, |
[20:26] | but no references to animal husbandry.” | 但是没有提到畜牧业。“ |
[20:29] | It’s good they fired her. | 他们开除了她很好。 |
[20:32] | What did you say? | 你说什么? |
[20:34] | If Anne were here, she’d just say: | 假如安妮在这里,她就会说: |
[20:36] | “Use your imaginations!” | ”发挥你的想象力!“ |
[20:38] | And then find some way to ruin | 然后以某种方式毁了 |
[20:39] | what’s left of the newspaper for the rest of us. | 我们其他人写的内容。 |
[20:41] | Hold on. Let’s not forget where all this started. | 等一等。我们不要忘记这一切的起点。 |
[20:43] | It started with Billy Andrews disrespecting Josie Pye. | 它始于比利·安德鲁斯对乔西·派的不尊重。 |
[20:46] | Anne should’ve left well enough alone. | 安妮应该一个人离开。 |
[20:48] | Anne stood up for a person who suffered a cruelty. | 安妮为遭受虐待的人挺身而出。 |
[20:51] | That person could’ve easily been you. | 那个人很可能就是你。 |
[20:56] | “Women matter on their own, not in relation to a man.” | “女人是独立存在的,与男人无关。” |
[21:01] | Whom here disagrees? | 有谁不同意吗? |
[21:06] | “We all deserve the right to bodily autonomy | “我们都应该享有身体自主权, |
[21:08] | and to be treated with respect and dignity. | 应该得到尊重和尊严的对待。 |
[21:11] | To say ‘stop’ and be heard; instead of pushed, derided, | 说“停”,是让别人听见;而不是被推搡,被嘲笑, |
[21:15] | and told that a man knows more | 并告诉我们,男人比我们 |
[21:16] | about our basic rights and desires than we do.” | 更了解我们的基本权利和愿望。” |
[21:20] | What do you think, Moody? | 你觉得呢,穆迪? |
[21:21] | Do you know more about the contents | 你是否比鲁比 |
[21:23] | of Ruby’s mind than she does? | 更了解鲁比的思想? |
[21:25] | I… barely know one thing. | 我…几乎不知道一件事。 |
[21:28] | I certainly know more than that! | 我当然知道更多! |
[21:30] | “Women are not made whole by men. | “男人不能使女人完整。 |
[21:32] | Women are made whole the moment they enter this world.” | 妇女一进入这个世界就变得完整了。” |
[21:36] | You know she’d stand up for any one of you. | 你们知道她会为你们中的任何一个人挺身而出。 |
[21:38] | Even in spite of what you’re saying about her, | 不管你是怀着恶意说她, |
[21:40] | she’d do what was right. | 她都会做正确的事。 |
[21:41] | That’s who she is. | 那就是她。 |
[21:48] | I know I’m not your favourite person right now… | 我知道,现在,我不是你们喜欢的人… |
[21:50] | No, Anne, not at all. | 不,安妮,一点也不。 |
[21:52] | We’re sorry! | 我们很抱歉! |
[21:53] | We didn’t understand! | 我们没理解! |
[21:57] | We’re sorry. | 我们很抱歉! |
[21:58] | You shouldn’t have ever been blamed. | 你不应该受到责备。 |
[22:02] | Well, I came to say I, uh… | 好吧,我是说我,嗯… |
[22:06] | I have enough of these for everybody. | 我给大家准备了这些,足够多。 |
[22:10] | I have a plan. | 我有个计划。 |
[22:13] | Oh, good, because Miss Stacy’s plan is terrible. | 很好,因为史黛西小姐的计划很糟糕。 |
[22:32] | – Anne’s farm boy has gotten so tall! | – 安妮家农场的男孩长这么高了! |
[22:35] | I wonder if he has a farm girl. | 我想知道他是否有个农家姑娘。 |
[22:50] | I’ve brought you something. | 我给你带了点东西。 |
[22:56] | What have we here? | 这里有什么? |
[22:59] | A proposal. | 一个提案。 |
[23:00] | Play mother, won’t you, Priss? There’s a dear. | 扮演你妈妈,不是吗,普西?亲爱的。 |
[23:07] | Father, you’ve… spoken of your anxiety | 父亲,你……谈到你对这个 |
[23:10] | about the future of this farm, | 农场未来的忧虑, |
[23:11] | and making sure the finances are shored up | 以及确保在雨天时, |
[23:13] | in case of a rainy day. | 财务有所支撑。 |
[23:15] | This isn’t something that should concern you greatly. | 这不是你应该特别关心的事情。 |
[23:18] | Oh, sugar. | 哦,糖。 |
[23:21] | But it… does. | 但是…确实如此。 |
[23:25] | From what I understand, | 据我了解, |
[23:26] | you haven’t considered buying into the futures market. | 你没有考虑过在期货市场买进。 |
[23:28] | – No need. – I disagree. | – 没必要。- 我不同意。 |
[23:30] | Even a sole futures contract of corn, | 即使是唯一的玉米期货合约, |
[23:33] | about 5,000 bushels or 127 metric tons… | 也大约有5,000蒲式耳或127公吨… |
[23:36] | Oh. No milk? | 哦。 没有牛奶吗? |
[23:38] | I’ll do it. | 我会做的。 |
[23:41] | As I was saying, | 正如我所说, |
[23:42] | that one contract could stabilize our earnings | 一份合同可以稳定我们的收入, |
[23:46] | and protect us in the case of unforeseeable disaster. | 并在发生不可预见的灾难时保护我们。 |
[23:49] | – Disasters, eh? – Acts of God, | – 灾害,是吗? -上帝的行为, |
[23:51] | or imprudent successors. | 或不谨慎的继任者。 |
[23:53] | Tea everywhere. | 到处都是茶水。 |
[23:55] | – Does this all make sense? – Of course it does. | – 这一切有意义吗?- 当然有。 |
[23:58] | Naturally I understand the value of hedging our bets. | 自然,我了解对冲赌注的价值。 |
[24:00] | It’s a basic economic principle, darling. | 这是一项基本的经济原则,亲爱的。 |
[24:03] | But I’m certain Billy won’t understand any of it. | 但是我肯定,比利对此一无所知。 |
[24:05] | Father, Billy is why I’m saying this. | 父亲,比利是我这么说的原因。 |
[24:11] | If you just allowed me to work with him… | 如果你只允许我和他一起工作… |
[24:13] | A woman could never have the authority | 一个女人永远不可能拥有 |
[24:15] | to represent an enterprise such as ours. | 代表我们这样的企业的权力。 |
[24:17] | I’m sorry, sweetheart. | 我很抱歉,亲爱的。 |
[24:19] | Oh. Now it’s cold. | 哦。茶已经凉了。 |
[24:26] | Someday, Priscilla, you will do your husband proud. | 总有一天,普西,你会让你的丈夫感到骄傲。 |
[24:37] | – Goodbye. – Thank you. | – 再见。- 谢谢。 |
[24:40] | – Big day tomorrow. – Heh. The biggest. | – 明天是个大日子。- 嘿。最大的。 |
[24:45] | It’s not the same without Josie. | 没有乔西就不一样了。 |
[24:48] | I miss her too. | 我也想念她。 |
[24:49] | Poor Josie. Can you imagine? | 可怜的乔西,你可以想象吗? |
[24:52] | You finally get to have your first real kiss, | 你终于有了第一次真正的吻, |
[24:54] | it’s supposed to be so romantic, but you’re so, so scared? | 它应该是如此浪漫,但你是如此,如此害怕? |
[24:58] | I wonder if it even counts. | 我不知道这是否算是接吻。 |
[25:00] | I think it only counts if both people kissing want it to happen | 我认为只有两个人都希望接吻发生 |
[25:04] | and have feelings for each other. | 并且彼此有感情时,才算是接吻。 |
[25:06] | – See you tomorrow. – Bye, Anne. | – 明天见。- 再见,安妮。 |
[25:08] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 再见。- 再见 |
[25:13] | May I take Midnight for a ride? | 我可以骑“午夜”(马的名字)去兜风吗? |
[25:15] | There’s something I have to do. | 有些事情,我要去做。 |
[25:17] | As long as you’re back in time for your chores. | 只要你准时回来做家务。 |
[25:40] | – May I speak with Josie? – May I ask who’s calling? | – 我可以和乔西谈谈吗?- 请问如何称呼你? |
[25:44] | A sympathetic friend. | 一个富有同情心的朋友。 |
[25:56] | When I wrote the piece, | 当我写这篇文章的时候, |
[25:58] | I had no clue of the consequence | 我不知道你因此而 |
[25:59] | you’d face because of it. | 面临的后果。 |
[26:00] | I was hot-headed and heedless, | 我头脑发热,轻率, |
[26:02] | and in my eagerness to do good, I did you harm. | 渴望做好事,却伤害了你。 |
[26:05] | I didn’t mean to… but I did. | 我不是故意的…但是我做了。 |
[26:09] | You needn’t forgive me, Josie. | 你不必原谅我,乔西。 |
[26:11] | That’s not why I’m here. | 那不是我在这里的原因。 |
[26:12] | In fact, you should be angry with me | 实际上,只要你愿意, |
[26:14] | for as long as you like, but… | 你想一直生气都行,但是… |
[26:17] | … please know that I understand the extent of my wrongs. | …请明白,我知道我错误的程度。 |
[26:20] | And I am very… very sorry. | 我非常……非常抱歉。 |
[26:28] | You can slap me again. | 你可以再打我一巴掌。 |
[26:31] | Your face has paint on it. | 你的脸上有油漆。 |
[26:37] | We’re planning an action tomorrow, | 我们正在计划明天采取行动, |
[26:39] | a show of solidarity to remind the town | 用广告板来提醒这个城镇, |
[26:41] | that all voices matter. | 所有的声音都是重要的。 |
[26:43] | The whole newspaper is involved. | 整个报社都参与其中。 |
[26:44] | You could join us, if you like. | 如果你愿意,可以加入我们。 |
[26:46] | Not a chance. | 没有可能。 |
[26:50] | I want to ask you something. | 我想问你点事儿。 |
[26:54] | How did you know to write about equality and dignity? | 你是怎么知道写平等与尊严的? |
[26:59] | It’s not as though you’ve had a lot of experience with that. | 你在这方面好像没有什么经验。 |
[27:03] | For most of my life I’ve had to fight the idea | 在我生命的大部分时间里,我都必须与这样的 |
[27:06] | that I’m… nothing more than someone to throw away, | 念头作斗争:我…无非是被人扔掉的 |
[27:09] | or pass around as needed, | 或者因为需要而被传来传去的, |
[27:12] | or that I’m not capable of being of real help | 又或者我没有生存能力的, |
[27:14] | – because I’m a girl. – Right. Trash. | – 因为我是女孩。- 对,垃圾。 |
[27:17] | Yes, that. | 是的,那是。 |
[27:20] | But I came to understand | 但是我开始明白, |
[27:21] | that I was the same person the whole time. | 我一直都是同一个人。 |
[27:24] | I’m loved now, but when I wasn’t, | 我现在被爱着,但当没人我爱的时候, |
[27:27] | it didn’t mean I wasn’t worthy of it. | 并不意味着我不值得爱。 |
[27:33] | No one but you is allowed to dictate what you’re worth. | 除了你,没有人可以决定你的价值。 |
[27:42] | Are you sure you don’t want to join us tomorrow? | 你确定明天不想加入我们吗? |
[27:44] | No, Anne, I don’t. | 不,安妮,我不去。 |
[27:47] | Do you want it in writing? | 你要书面回答吗? |
[27:54] | Hmm. | 嗯。 |
[28:21] | Anne, uh, ca-can I talk to you? | 安妮,嗯,我可以跟你谈谈吗? |
[28:24] | I need advice. It’s about my girl. | 我需要建议。关于我的女孩。 |
[28:27] | Your… girl? You… you have a girl? | 你的…女孩?你…你有一个女孩吗? |
[28:32] | So… everything has been good. | 所以…一切都很好。 |
[28:36] | Um… I like her so much. | 嗯…我非常喜欢她。 |
[28:39] | We walk together, we read the same book, we’ve kissed. | 我们一起散步,我们读同一本书,我们已经亲吻。 |
[28:42] | Really! | 真的! |
[28:44] | How… surprising? | 多么…令人惊讶? |
[28:46] | No, it’s confusing. | 不,这令人困惑。 |
[28:48] | Because… she seems to like the kissing part, | 因为…她似乎喜欢接吻的部分, |
[28:51] | but not the part where we talk. | 但不喜欢我们交谈的部分。 |
[28:53] | Oh. I… | 哦。我… |
[28:54] | It makes me feel like I’m not good enough. | 这让我觉得自己不够好。 |
[28:57] | And I… I guess that’s true. | 我…我想是真的。 |
[28:58] | She’s rich, I’m poor, | 她富有,我贫穷, |
[29:00] | so how could she ever really like me? | 她怎么可能真的喜欢我呢? |
[29:02] | Jerry, stop. | 杰瑞,停。 |
[29:05] | In matters of the heart, | 内心深处, |
[29:07] | money should be of no importance. | 金钱不重要。 |
[29:09] | I have never heard you humble yourself like this. | 我从来没见你这么卑微过。 |
[29:12] | It sounds like she’s degrading you. | 听起来她在贬低你。 |
[29:14] | Frankly, she doesn’t sound like a very nice person. | 坦率地说,她听起来不像是一个很好的人。 |
[29:20] | But… Diana’s your best friend. | 但是…黛安娜是你最好的朋友啊。 |
[29:25] | Diana? You and Diana? | 黛安娜?你和黛安娜? |
[29:28] | So she didn’t even tell you. | 所以她甚至都没有告诉你? |
[29:30] | You see? She’s ashamed to be with me. | 你看?她为和我在一起感到羞耻。 |
[29:42] | Matthew… | 马修… |
[29:44] | do you… do you think good can come of all this? | 你……你认为这一切会带来好结果吗? |
[29:48] | Anne… she wants to change things… | 安妮……她想要改变一些事情…… |
[29:53] | … for the better. | …为了变得更好。 |
[29:55] | So… | 那么… |
[29:56] | … we’ll stand by her… as she tries. | …我们会支持她…当她尝试的时候。 |
[30:02] | That’s our job… I reckon. | 那是我们的职责…我认为。 |
[30:06] | Best get to bed, then. | 最好上床睡觉,然后。 |
[30:08] | Tomorrow will be an eventful day. | 明天将是多事的一天。 |
[30:11] | For sure. | 当然。 |
[30:26] | They can’t take your beauty away from you. | 他们无法夺走你的美丽。 |
[30:31] | Goodnight, dear. | 晚安,亲爱的。 |
[31:12] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[31:14] | I like you. | 我喜欢你。 |
[31:17] | I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[31:19] | I still like you. | 我还是喜欢你。 |
[31:21] | I liked you too. | 我也喜欢你。 |
[31:24] | I can fix this. | 我可以修复这件事。 |
[31:27] | Want me to fix this? | 要我修复这件事吗? |
[31:29] | I don’t want anything from you. | 我不要你的任何东西。 |
[31:32] | Least of all redemption. | 尤其是救赎。 |
[31:55] | – Alright. – Morning! | – 好的。-早上好! |
[31:58] | I thought you could use some help. | 我以为你需要帮助。 |
[32:06] | Anne? | 安妮? |
[32:07] | What’s wrong? | 哪出错了? |
[32:11] | Who are you here to see? | 你来这里找谁? |
[32:14] | Me or Jerry? | 我或者杰瑞? |
[32:18] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么不告诉我? |
[32:20] | Is-is it because of what I wrote about Josie? | 是,是因为我写了有关乔西的文章吗? |
[32:22] | – You thought me untrustworthy? – Of-of-of course not! | – 你觉得我不值得信任?-噢,噢,当然不是! |
[32:25] | – It started weeks before that! – Weeks?! | – 在此之前的几周开始的!- 几周? |
[32:27] | It doesn’t mean anything. | 这没有任何意义。 |
[32:29] | How can kissing someone repeatedly not mean anything?! | 反复亲吻某人怎么可能没有任何意义呢? |
[32:33] | I-I don’t know. I thought the kisses meant something, | 我,我不知道。我以为接吻意味着某种意义, |
[32:36] | but then they didn’t, but then I didn’t want them to stop, | 但没有意义,可是我又不想停下来, |
[32:38] | – even though they didn’t… – You’re not making any sense! | – 即使接吻没有… – 你不讲理! |
[32:40] | That’s why I couldn’t tell you. | 这就是为什么我不能告诉你。 |
[32:43] | Yesterday… | 昨天… |
[32:45] | Jerry came to talk to me about a girl… | 杰瑞来跟我谈一个女孩的事…… |
[32:48] | who was being cruel, and… | 她很无情,而且… |
[32:51] | and never in a million years did I think | 而且一百万年我也想不到, |
[32:53] | he was describing my truest friend. | 他在描述我最真诚的朋友。 |
[32:55] | – Who are you? – I’m still me! | – 你是谁?- 我还是我! |
[33:00] | I promise you! | 我向你保证! |
[33:02] | I should’ve never gotten involved with him. | 我不该和他有任何瓜葛。 |
[33:04] | It’s ridiculous. | 这是荒谬的。 |
[33:05] | – And why is that? – You know why. | – 那是为什么?- 你知道为什么。 |
[33:07] | I guess I do. | 我想是的。 |
[33:10] | Because Jerry told me that you make him feel common. | 因为杰瑞告诉我,你让他感到自己很普通。 |
[33:14] | – That’s hardly my fault. – Isn’t it? | – 那不是我的错。- 不是吗? |
[33:16] | Our differences are glaring, wouldn’t you say? | 我们之间的分歧是显而易见的,你说呢? |
[33:18] | I was hoping to spare his feelings | 我希望能保留他的情感, |
[33:20] | and simply let Paris cause a natural end. | 去巴黎之后自然就结束它。 |
[33:23] | Is that what you’re doing with me? | 这就是你对我做的? |
[33:26] | Biding time | 等待时间 |
[33:27] | until you can step into your preordained life | 直到你进入充满高楼大厦和 |
[33:29] | – full of architecture and fine cheese?! – No! | – 精美奶酪的预定生活?- 不! |
[33:32] | With all the appropriate people! | 与所有合适的人一起! |
[33:34] | Of course not! | 当然不是! |
[33:35] | How could you say such a thing?! | 你怎么能这样说? |
[33:37] | I guess I’ve never been good enough for you either. | 我想对你来说,我从来都不够好。 |
[33:40] | Don’t you dare. | 你怎么敢。 |
[33:42] | I have always stood by you, from the first day we met. | 从我们相遇的第一天起,我就一直在你身边。 |
[33:46] | You’re nullifying our whole friendship | 为了这点小事,你就毁了 |
[33:48] | over this one small trespass! | 我们全部的友谊! |
[33:50] | You’d never survive stepping into society | 你绝不会像我这样的顽童 |
[33:51] | with an urchin like me! | 一样步入社会! |
[33:52] | Oh, here we go! Again! | 哦,又开始了! |
[33:54] | Anne Shirley Cuthbert and her tragical tale of woe! | 安妮·雪莉·卡斯伯特和她悲惨的故事! |
[33:57] | No one is more hurt than you, Anne. You win! | 安妮,没有人比你受到的伤害更大。你赢了! |
[33:59] | No, Diana. You win. | 不,戴安娜,你赢了。 |
[34:01] | ‘Cause the world always lets girls like you win. | 因为世界总是让像你这样的女孩获胜。 |
[34:04] | If you were my friend, you would understand. | 如果你是我的朋友,你会明白的。 |
[34:07] | Well, clearly you’re not. | 好吧,显然你不是。 |
[34:10] | And you never were. | 而你从来都不是。 |
[34:13] | Well… a true story. At last! | 好吧 …一个真实的故事。终结了! |
[34:50] | I want my dowry. | 我要我的嫁妆。 |
[34:56] | I have no plans to marry in the near future. | 我没计划,在不久的将来结婚。 |
[34:59] | It’s mine, and I’m respectfully asking you for it now. | 这是我的,我现在就恭敬地向你要嫁妆。 |
[35:02] | It is only yours should I choose to give it to your husband. | 我会选择把嫁妆送给你的丈夫,那么嫁妆就是你的了。 |
[35:05] | Have you gone mad? | 你发疯了吗? |
[35:07] | Did you receive your degree in education or clinical insanity? | 你获得过教育或临床精神病的学位吗? |
[35:09] | Harmon! Be kind. | 赫曼!和善点。 |
[35:11] | Prissy is developing an independent mind! | 普西正在形成一种独立的思想! |
[35:13] | All the girls are being lunatics. | 所有的女孩都疯了。 |
[35:14] | Everyone is overreacting. | 每个人都反应过度。 |
[35:16] | What is so wrong with the status quo? | 现状到底有什么错? |
[35:19] | It put a roof over your head | 现状是,可以为你遮风挡雨, |
[35:21] | and nice clothes on your back, | 让你衣着光鲜,让我们 |
[35:23] | and we ladies didn’t have to lift a finger. | 女士十指不沾阳春水。 |
[35:25] | I am all for it. | 我完全赞成。 |
[35:30] | Judging by your less-than-magnanimous expression, Father, | 从你坦率的表情来看,父亲, |
[35:34] | I’m going to guess that’s a no. | 我猜你不同意。 |
[35:50] | They wouldn’t… not come? After all this? | 他们不会…不来吗?毕竟这? |
[35:56] | Have faith. | 要有信心。 |
[35:58] | Just a suggestion. Not telling you what to do. | 只是一个建议,没有告诉你该怎么办。 |
[36:26] | Welcome, welcome. | 欢迎,欢迎。 |
[36:32] | Jane said you were doing something absolutely daft | 简说,你在做一件绝对愚蠢的事, |
[36:35] | that she totally and fundamentally disagreed with. | 她完全不赞成。 |
[36:38] | So I had come. May I join you? | 所以我来了,我可以加入吗? |
[36:42] | The more, the merrier. | 人越多越好。 |
[36:44] | Our moment is near! | 我们的时刻快到了! |
[36:47] | Are you ready to fight for what’s right?! | 你准备好为正确的事而战了吗? |
[36:49] | – Yeah!! – Got yours?! | – 是的!- 你有吗? |
[36:53] | Here, Prissy. I brought extra. | 在这里,普西,我有多余的。 |
[36:56] | And you can use Diana’s board. She won’t be joining. | 你可以拿黛安娜的木板,她不会来了。 |
[36:59] | Alright, let’s make some noise!!! | 好吧,让我们发出一些声音!!! |
[37:10] | – Come join us at the town hall! – Let’s go, come on! | – 快来市政厅加入我们吧!- 我们走,快! |
[37:15] | Come and join, come and join! | 来加入,来加入! |
[37:28] | Let’s go! | 我们走! |
[37:29] | – The more, the merrier! – Everyone to the town hall! | – 越多越好! – 大家去市政厅! |
[37:31] | – Come on, join in! | – 来,加入! |
[37:37] | On our way to Town Hall! | 在前往市政厅的路上! |
[37:39] | Town Hall. Come. Come on. | 市政厅。来吧,来吧。 |
[37:45] | – This way, everyone! Let’s go! | – 大家这边走!我们走吧! |
[37:53] | Alright. | 好的。 |
[37:55] | – Heading into Town Hall now! | – 现在进入市政厅! |
[37:59] | This way, everyone! | 这边来,每个人! |
[38:00] | – Let’s go! | – 我们走! |
[38:07] | – This way! This way! | – 这边!这边! |
[38:09] | – This way, everybody! – … inside! | – 大家跟着走! – …进去! |
[38:18] | What in blazes is going on here?! | 吵吵嚷嚷的,这里发生了什么? |
[38:20] | Excuse me, there is a meeting in session! | 对不起,正在开会。 |
[38:23] | If you don’t mind! | 如果你不介意的话! |
[38:25] | – For heaven’s sake! – What the devil is… | – 看在上帝的份上!- 什么鬼东西… |
[38:28] | Good morning. What you are about to witness | 早上好。你将要见证的 |
[38:31] | is an organized action. | 是一场有组织的行动。 |
[38:33] | This is an outrage, that’s what it is! | 这是暴行,就是! |
[38:36] | – How dare you… – They have a right to their say! | – 你怎么敢… – 他们有权发言! |
[38:41] | – What the devil is going on here?! – Listen. | – 这里到底是怎么回事?- 听着。 |
[38:44] | We are not here to provoke! | 我们不是来寻衅闹事的! |
[38:54] | We are here… | 我们来这里… |
[38:56] | to be heard. | 是说出自己的声音。 |
[38:58] | Even though… | 即使… |
[38:59] | you tried to silence our voices, | 你们试图让我们沉默, |
[39:02] | well, we have a message for you. | 好吧,我们向你们显示一条信息。 |
[39:07] | 言论自由是一项人权 | |
[39:20] | Go on, get up there. Go on. | 继续,站起来去那里。继续。 |
[39:23] | Now come along now, that’s quite, quite enough. | 现在,消停吧,够了,够了。 |
[39:30] | Get down from that… | 从那下来… |
[39:38] | Thanks for the suggestions. | 谢谢你的建议。 |
[39:47] | Miss Stacy, control your children! | 史黛西小姐,控制你的孩子们! |
[39:53] | They are not children. | 他们不是孩子。 |
[39:55] | And they are not out of control. | 他们并没有失控。 |
[40:13] | Well, are you pleased? | 好吧,你满意吗? |
[40:16] | I’m so happy Josie came. | 我很高兴乔西来了。 |
[40:18] | – Try, try again. | – 试试,再试一次。 |
[40:20] | What do you think’ll happen now? | 你认为现在会发生什么? |
[40:23] | Definitely another electric, and properly edited, | 绝对是另一份,经过适当编辑的, |
[40:27] | issue of the newspaper. | 快讯报纸。 |
[40:29] | And some general community enlightenment! | 和一些普通的社区启示! |
[40:33] | Hopefully so. | 希望如此。 |
[40:39] | Thank you, Miss Stacy. | 谢谢你,史黛西小姐。 |
[40:42] | I shall miss being under your wing when I’m at Queens. | 我在皇后区会想念在你庇护下的日子。 |
[41:14] | You sure pulled that off. | 你确实成功了。 |
[41:16] | We did. | 我们成功了。 |
[41:19] | What in the world did you say to our class | 你到底在我们班上说了什么, |
[41:21] | to make them change their minds about me? | 使他们改变了对我的看法? |
[41:24] | I… reminded them that you always find a way | 我…提醒他们,你总是能找到方法, |
[41:27] | to make things right. | 让事情变好。 |
[41:30] | Historical precedent would suggest otherwise. | 历史先例表明,情况并非如此。 |
[41:34] | Speaking of which, | 说到这里, |
[41:36] | shouldn’t we be arguing about something right now? | 我们现在不应该争论点什么吗? |
[41:39] | – Probably. – Hmm. | – 大概吧。- 嗯。 |
[41:42] | You want to start? | 你想开始吗? |
[41:44] | I can’t think of anything. | 我什么都不想。 |
[41:47] | – Me neither. – Huh. | – 我也不。- 嗯。 |
[41:52] | After all these years… | 这些年来… |
[41:55] | … who knew we’d make such a good… | …谁知道我们会做得这么好… |
[41:59] | T-E-A-M? | 团 – – 队? |
[42:11] | Winifred… is a lucky gal. | 温妮·弗雷德 …是一个幸运的女孩。 |
[42:15] | Thank you for today and everything. | 谢谢你今天所做的一切。 |
[42:20] | I should get back. | 我该回去了。 |