时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Come on. Come on. ♪ First thing, we’d climb a tree ♪ | 快点 |
[00:26] | NETFLIX ♪ And maybe then we’d talk ♪ ♪ Or sit silently ♪ | |
[00:33] | ♪ And listen to our thoughts ♪ | 原创剧集 |
[00:37] | ♪ With illusions of someday ♪ ♪ Cast in a golden light ♪ | (人生是希望的坟场) |
[00:44] | ♪ No dress rehearsal ♪ | (你愿意发誓永远做我的朋友吗?) |
[00:48] | ♪ This is our life ♪ ♪ You are ahead by a century ♪ | (伟大的思想要用高深的字眼表达) |
[00:55] | – ♪ This is our life ♪ – ♪ You are ahead by a century ♪ | (在月光下的树上过夜) |
[01:01] | Dear… | 亲爱的…基尔… |
[01:03] | Gil.. | |
[01:04] | No, no, no! | 不 不要! |
[01:27] | I… O… U… | 我欠你…纸… |
[01:29] | Paper. | |
[01:54] | Yes! | 好了 (我欠你两张纸 谢谢你) |
[02:02] | I am allowing you to go on this trip against my better judgment. | 明知这么做不好 但我答应你去 |
[02:06] | Marilla, I assure you that once I return from this adventure | 玛丽拉 我向你保证 等我从这趟冒险回来 |
[02:08] | you will realise your decision was correct. | -你会发现这决定是正确的 |
[02:11] | – Adventure? – Not an adventure per se. | -冒险? |
[02:14] | A restrained travel endeavour | 并非真正的冒险…是自我约束之旅 |
[02:16] | for personal edification and familial socialisation. | 致力于开阔个人视野 促进两家良好社交 |
[02:19] | And Gilbert’s letter will be sent across the sea to lands unknown. | 而基尔伯特的信会跨越海洋 送达未知的地方 |
[02:21] | Do not put me in a position of having to defend | 别让我必须向巴里太太 |
[02:24] | – any disruptive behaviour to Mrs Barry. – Understood. | 解释你的脱序行为 |
[02:26] | The Barrys are travelling there for important business. | -明白 -巴里家这次出门是要谈生意 |
[02:28] | – Double-understood. – Any foolishness will have conseque… | -也明白 -任何愚蠢的行为将会… |
[02:32] | I will be as calm as the Lake of Shining Waters | 我会像阳光下闪亮之湖的湖面 |
[02:34] | on a sunny day, or a moonlit night | 那样的平静安然 |
[02:37] | depending on your preference. | 或月光下的 看你喜欢哪个 |
[02:42] | Diana! | 戴安娜! |
[02:48] | I suppose it’ll be beneficial to have some quiet time to think. | 我想这也有好处 有时间静下心思考 |
[02:53] | – About the future, you mean? – The boarders. | -关于未来吗? -是两名寄宿者 |
[02:57] | And how long they need to stay. | 还有他们要待多长时间 |
[02:59] | – They could. – Hello. | -很好 -你好 |
[03:01] | We could go over the books together. | 我们能一起算账讨论 |
[03:08] | Mr Barry. | -巴里先生 |
[03:09] | It’s very kind of you to allow Anne | -感谢你们 |
[03:10] | to accompany you on your trip to Charlottetown. | 同意让安妮一同前往沙洛镇 |
[03:13] | Aunt Josephine expressed her enthusiasm for seeing Anne again rather forcefully. | 约瑟芬表示她很想再次见到安妮 |
[03:17] | We couldn’t possibly disappoint her. | 我们可不能令她期待落空 |
[03:18] | You’re certain about your decision to forego the testing of the soil here at Green Gables? | 你们确定要放弃测试绿山墙的土壤? |
[03:24] | We’re decided. | 我们心意已决 |
[03:25] | Ah, shame to miss out on a golden opportunity. | 错过这黄金般的机会实在可惜 |
[03:28] | We have enough, Mr Barry. | 我们拥有的够多了 巴里先生 |
[03:30] | That’s for her train fare. That’s both ways. | 请收下她的车票钱 来回两趟 |
[03:34] | – Are you sure? We were happy to… – Darling, leave well enough alone. | -你确定吗?我们很乐意… -别再多打扰人家 |
[03:38] | – We’d best be on our way. – Of course. | -我们该出发了 -当然 |
[03:41] | Good day, Marilla, Matthew. | 告辞了 玛丽拉、马修 |
[03:43] | We’ll take good care of dear Anne. | -我们会好好照顾安妮的 |
[03:45] | Thank you. Safe travels. | -谢谢 祝旅途平安 |
[03:52] | Bye, Matthew! Bye, Marilla! | -再见 马修 再见 |
[03:54] | – Goodbye. – Bye now. Safe travels. | 玛丽拉 -再见 再见 一路平安 |
[04:52] | Know anything about this? | -你知道这事情吗? -有关…? |
[04:54] | – About? – Paper. | 我的纸 你有什么事想告诉我吗? |
[04:57] | – There something you wanna tell me? – I’m staying here. After the grift. | 我打算留下 等骗局结束之后 |
[05:03] | – Uh, you’re a laugh riot. – I’m staying. | -你真是可笑 |
[05:06] | – For good. – What the hell? | -我留下 不走了 |
[05:08] | – You setting me up, Jonesey? – I’m asking for a gentleman’s agreement. | 搞什么鬼?你想陷害我吗 琼斯? |
[05:11] | When Barry gets back, we split the 1700 bucks | 我想跟你做个君子协议 等巴里回来 |
[05:13] | shake hands, part ways. | 我们平分1700元 双方握手好聚好散 |
[05:16] | Rat me out and walk away with the entire kitty. No sale. | 然后出卖我 得手全部的钱? 恕我拒绝 |
[05:19] | When we’re done here, we’re done. | 这笔干完 我们俩就散伙 |
[05:22] | Deal is, I get my inheritance and I don’t know a thing. | 我会说那是遗产 其他事情我不清楚 |
[05:27] | – How long you been planning this? – I don’t know. | -这件事你计划多久了? -我也不知道 |
[05:30] | – Since we arrived? – No. It’s just… | -从我们到这儿开始? -不 只是… |
[05:33] | I belong here. | 我属于这里 |
[05:34] | What makes you think these people are going to accept you? | 你凭什么以为他们会接受你? |
[05:37] | Haven’t you been paying attention? They already have. | 你没注意到吗?他们早就接受我了 |
[05:40] | You’re not going to ruin this for me. | 而你休想破坏我的这一切 |
[05:44] | We both get what we want. | 我俩各自都达成愿望 |
[06:03] | Is everything alright? | 一切还好吗? |
[06:07] | Yeah. Why wouldn’t it be? | 当然 |
[06:09] | I’m fine. | 怎么会不好? |
[06:11] | I’m fine, thanks. | 我没事 谢谢关心 |
[07:30] | I didn’t realise Anne was already off to Charlottetown. | 我没发现安妮已经出发去沙洛镇 |
[07:33] | I was hoping to say goodbye. | 本来想和她道别的 |
[07:37] | I believe this belongs to you. | 我想这属于你 |
[07:40] | And I wonder if this is also yours? | 另外我想这也是你的东西 |
[07:44] | Mm, no. I was never much of a drinker. | 不 我不是嗜酒的人 |
[07:48] | Perhaps it’s Mr Dunlop’s? | 或许是邓洛普先生的? |
[07:51] | The poor man seems to have picked up some nasty habits from his days as a soldier. | 那个可怜的人 似乎于当兵时养成不少坏习惯 |
[07:56] | War can poison a man’s mind. | 战争会毒害人的心智 |
[07:59] | Allow me to rid you of this filth. | 让我替你丢掉这糟糕的玩意 |
[08:17] | I’m bored. When are we gonna be there? | 好无聊 我们何时会到达? |
[08:20] | Mr Barry, I know it’s indecorous to ask about financial matters | 巴里先生 我明白问钱的事很失礼 |
[08:22] | but I’m so curious about this gold business. | 但我相当好奇这次的黄金交易 |
[08:25] | Yeah, well, what would you like to know? | 好吧 你想知道些什么? |
[08:27] | Where to start? | 该从何说起…关于国际间金钱的流动 |
[08:29] | I’m bewitched by this notion of how money moves from country to country. | 这概念仿佛魔法般令我着迷 |
[08:32] | It seems like magic. | -我能理解你有这样的想法 -蜜妮梅 拜托小心点 |
[08:33] | I can see how you’d perceive it that way. | -我能理解你有这样的想法 |
[08:34] | Minnie May, please be careful. | -蜜妮梅 拜托小心点 |
[08:36] | So your money travels from England to Charlottetown? | 所以你的钱要从英格兰运到沙洛镇? |
[08:39] | It’s like a telegram, but with cash instead of words. | 就像传电报一样 但内容不是文字而是现金 |
[08:43] | You must be receiving a substantial amount | 你肯定收到一大笔数目 |
[08:45] | since you’re not only testing your soil for gold, but you’re also… | 毕竟你不会只测试你的土地… |
[08:47] | There will be enough for many, many Avonlea families | 金额足够让艾凡里镇许多居民 |
[08:49] | to test the value of their land. | 检验他们的土地价值 |
[08:51] | I believe a rising tide should lift all boats. | 我想这次商机人人都能从中获益 |
[08:55] | Then you’ll distribute the money to those in the town | 接着钱就会分给想测试土壤的人家? |
[08:57] | who want their soil tested as well? | |
[08:59] | Well, the money goes to Nathaniel. | 钱会交给纳森尼尔 |
[09:00] | He collects it directly in order to expedite the process for everyone. | 他直接负责收取 方便加快查验步骤 |
[09:05] | Mr Barry doesn’t usually discuss our finances. | 巴里先生平常不多谈家里财务安排 |
[09:08] | Today’s your lucky day, Anne. | 你今天很好运 安妮 |
[09:11] | Stop it! | 住手 |
[09:12] | Minnie May, please be respectful of where everyone is sitting. | 蜜妮梅 |
[09:14] | Know your place. | 大家坐在一起请放尊重 做人要安份守己 |
[09:18] | Sorry, Mother. | 对不起 母亲 |
[09:22] | Minnie May, for heaven’s sake! | 蜜妮梅 看在老天份上 |
[09:42] | Hey, kid. | 你好 小子 |
[09:45] | You still learning how to spell? | 仍在学习拼字吗? |
[09:51] | So? Y-E-S or N-O? | 说话啊 是或否? |
[09:58] | Oui. | 是 |
[10:04] | What, you’ve never seen booze before? | 怎样?你从来没见过酒吗? |
[10:06] | Aren’t you a Frenchy? I thought they started you early on that stuff. | 你不是法国人吗? 我以为你们从小就喝酒 |
[10:09] | We don’t keep alcohol in the house. Um, we-we’re Catholic. | 我们家里不放酒 我们是天主教徒 |
[10:16] | Come here. | 过来 |
[10:22] | Sit with me. | 过来坐 |
[10:27] | Sit with me, little froggy! | 过来坐下 小法国佬 |
[10:38] | There we are. | 这就对了 |
[10:42] | And there you go. | 来 喝吧 |
[10:44] | Drink up kid. It’ll make work go faster. | 喝掉 这会让你工作更有效率 |
[10:47] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[10:48] | Have a taste. | 喝一口吧 |
[10:50] | What, you scared? | 你怕了吗? |
[10:52] | – No. – Then drink. | -不是 -那么就喝吧 |
[10:55] | Come on, it’ll put hair on your chest. | 快点 这会让你像个男子汉 |
[10:59] | Um, I should get back to work. | 我该回去工作了 |
[11:07] | Yeah. | 的确 |
[11:14] | Yeah, you’re too young to drink. | 你年纪太嫩不能喝 |
[11:39] | Minnie May, this is your final warning! | 蜜妮梅 这是最后警告了 |
[11:55] | Jerry? | 杰瑞 |
[11:58] | I’m sorry, Mr Cuthbert. | 抱歉 卡斯伯特先生 |
[11:59] | What are you, what are you sorry for? | 为何…为何要道歉? |
[12:04] | I know I made a hardship for you in Charlottetown. | 我在沙洛镇的所作所为 给你造成了困扰 |
[12:07] | You mean, back at Christmas time? | 你说圣诞节的时候吗? |
[12:10] | When I lost the money from the horse. | 当我弄丢卖马的收入时 |
[12:13] | If I’d been smarter… If I’d been more careful… | 要是我能更聪明点 更小心点… |
[12:20] | Maybe I could have run away from them… | 或许我就能逃走 |
[12:26] | Are you talking about the men who beat you up? | 你是说殴打你的人吗? |
[12:28] | Why’re you thinking about that now? | -为何现在要想这些? |
[12:31] | I… I should’ve stop them. | -我应该阻止他们的 |
[12:34] | No. | 不 |
[12:36] | They were… they were grown men. They were bad men. | 他们… 他们是成年人 而且是坏人 |
[12:42] | Not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[12:43] | Yes, it is. | 就是我的错 |
[12:44] | If I hadn’t lost the money, you wouldn’t have to take in the boarders. | 我若没弄丢钱 你们就不必收留寄宿者 |
[12:49] | And you didn’t do anything wrong, my son. | 你没有做错任何事情 孩子 |
[13:01] | Never mind now. Never mind. | 别管钱了 |
[13:04] | Never mind. | 不要紧的 |
[13:33] | Anything the matter? | 有什么事吗? |
[13:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:37] | Is anything the matter with you? | 你有什么事吗? |
[13:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:48] | Jerry, he’s um… | 杰瑞…他在烦恼寄宿者的事 |
[13:51] | He’s troubled about the boarders. | |
[13:55] | He’s not the only one. | 他并非唯一一人 |
[14:08] | Thank you for helping me send this, Rollings. | -感谢你的帮忙 |
[14:10] | Official-looking correspondence. | 洛林斯 -正式的信封 |
[14:12] | It was important to me | 这很重要 |
[14:13] | that the form of the letter match its contents. | 信的样式要和内容相当 |
[14:15] | This could be life-changing for Gilbert. | -这封信可能改变基尔伯特的人生 -那… |
[14:17] | Well, Rollings will investigate the boy’s whereabouts, won’t you, Rollings? | 洛林斯会调查那男孩的下落 对吧 |
[14:21] | I’ve said I would, yes. | -我说过我会 |
[14:22] | If he’s indeed on a steamship | -若他确实在轮船上 |
[14:24] | it shouldn’t be too much trouble to discover which one | 想查清是哪一艘应该不会太难 |
[14:26] | and where it will dock next. | |
[14:27] | I may need to spread a few coins in the process. | 过程中可能必须花点钱 |
[14:30] | Yes, yes, grease whatever palms you need to. | 当然了 哪边需要塞钱就给吧 |
[14:35] | To think that my words will be sent across an ocean, delivering news of gold! | 光想到我写下的文字将横越海洋 送去有关黄金的消息 |
[14:41] | Is that the gold certificate? | 那是黄金的认证书吗? |
[14:44] | Did Nathaniel want me to have it for my banking transaction? | 纳森尼尔要我带着去银行交易吗? |
[14:47] | – No. – It’s a letter, sir. | -不是 -这是一封信 先生 |
[14:49] | The one we’ve just discussed. | 我们讨论的那封信 |
[14:52] | At length. Moments ago. | 讨论许久 就在几分钟之前 |
[14:54] | – Rollings. – It looks like it. | -洛林斯 -看起来很像 |
[14:57] | Perhaps you’re overtired, dear? | 也许你太过疲惫了 亲爱的 |
[14:59] | Best to set that aside. | 最好放下酒杯 |
[15:02] | It’s medicinal. | 这是药用的 |
[15:09] | Time to retire. Come along, dear. | 该休息了 来吧 亲爱的 |
[15:13] | Come along, Minnie May. | -来吧 |
[15:15] | Night, night. | 蜜妮梅 -晚安 |
[15:23] | If you ask me, this gold business is a load of hogwash. | 若要问我 整起黄金事件全是胡扯 |
[15:27] | Though it is my fond hope that I’m wrong. | 当然我殷切希望是我错了 |
[15:29] | Why do you say that? | 你为何这样说? |
[15:31] | The tenor of it all reminds me of another town that had gold fever. | 事情经过让我想起 另一个镇也有过淘金热 |
[15:35] | – Here on Prince Edward Island? – Yes, a town up north. | -在爱德华王子岛上? -没错 一个北部小镇… |
[15:38] | Cape Wolfe. About a decade ago, I think. | 开普沃夫 大约十年前 我想 |
[15:42] | I don’t remember the details, but I remember the mood. | 我不记得细节 但我记得当时的氛围 |
[15:46] | – What happened? – Nothing. It was a bust. | -发生什么事? -没事 |
[15:49] | Have you told Father? | -那是一场骗局 -你有告诉父亲吗? |
[15:50] | Oh, uh, he’s never taken kindly to my advice… about anything. | 他从不爱听我的建议 任何事情皆是 |
[15:56] | Oh, as I recall, it was a story that was covered in the Island Announcer. | 对了 根据我回想 那是《岛民日报》刊登的新闻 |
[16:01] | Newspaper articles about the gold, and then the unfortunate lack of it… | 关于黄金和后续开采失败的报导 |
[16:06] | Oh, it ran for weeks. | 持续了好几周 |
[16:08] | Quite the fiasco. | 天大的失败 |
[16:09] | Father is convinced of it. He says this is a very exciting prospect. | 父亲深信此事 他说这有大好前景 |
[16:13] | I’m sure he’s done his due diligence. | 我相信他已经做了审慎评估 |
[16:25] | A good harvest. | 今年收成不错 |
[16:28] | Merciful Lord. | 感谢老天 |
[16:30] | We have a bit of a cushion now | 现在还有一点盈余 |
[16:33] | even after paying back the bank. | 就算还清银行贷款之后 |
[16:39] | No real need for extra income, then. | 那就不太需要多一份收入 |
[16:44] | No real need. | 确实不需要了 |
[16:49] | Be nice to have things a bit more quiet again. | 能重拾安静生活挺好的 |
[16:53] | – And back to normal. – Mm. | -还有回归正常 -是的 |
[16:57] | It would indeed. | 的确是挺好的 |
[17:03] | I can’t stop thinking about the terrible possibility of gold fever. | 我无法停止往坏处想 这场淘金热 |
[17:07] | It sounds so… feverish. | 听起来… 太过狂热 |
[17:10] | Don’t get a fever otherwise you’re gonna get smelly onions on your feet. | 千万别发烧 否则脚底要抹洋葱了 |
[17:14] | It’s worrisome. We need more information. | 很令人担忧 我们得搜集更多信息 |
[17:17] | If only there was a way to read those old articles. | 有办法找到那些旧的报导就好了 |
[17:21] | Diana… | 戴安娜 |
[17:23] | what if tomorrow we E-S-C-A-P-E so we can V-I-S-I-T… | 不如明天我们逃-跑 这样我们就能去拜-访 |
[17:28] | – The N-E-W-S-P-A-P-E-R. – No fair! | 那一间报-社 |
[17:32] | – To I-N-V-E-S-T-I-G-A-T-E. – No fair at all! | -不公平 |
[17:36] | Shh! | -去调-查 一点都不公平 |
[17:38] | Go to sleep. | 快睡觉 |
[17:42] | Horse… Horse. | -马儿! |
[17:44] | Plenty of those in Charlottetown. | -沙洛镇这儿有很多 |
[17:47] | It’s a splendidly busy city. | 这是一座非常繁忙的城市 |
[17:48] | Yes, it’s all rather exciting. | 是的 真令人兴奋 |
[17:51] | I love Charlottetown. | 我爱沙洛镇 (当铺) |
[18:10] | Really, do you have nothing more interesting than this? | 真的假的? 贵店没比这更有特色的? |
[18:12] | – What else did you have in mind? – As I said, something interesting. | -你另外想看哪种款式? -我刚说过 有特色的布料 |
[18:16] | To clarify, something that doesn’t bore me to tears. | 准确说 别净拿些乏善可陈的货色 |
[18:20] | This velvet has absolutely no drape. | 这块丝绒布连打褶都没有 |
[18:23] | What do you have in a higher price range? Something of quality. | 你们有更高单价的产品吗? 具备质感的东西 |
[18:26] | This feels like a cat. Meow. | 这摸起来好像猫咪 |
[18:28] | Oh. Minnie May. | 蜜妮梅 |
[18:31] | I’ve seen Mother in this mood before. | 我见过母亲这种心情 |
[18:33] | When she’s angry at father, she becomes very passionate about home decor. | 当她对父亲生气 她会对装潢家饰充满热切 |
[18:36] | – How long do you think her passion will last? – Long enough. | 你认为这会持续多长时间? 足够长 很好 |
[18:53] | Not the mustard. | 不要加芥末 |
[18:58] | Good afternoon, sir. | 午安 |
[18:59] | We were hoping you’d point us in the direction of your archives. | 先生 我们想请问档案室的方向 |
[19:03] | Archives? | -档案室? |
[19:04] | Uh, where you keep the old copies of the newspapers. | -你们保存旧报纸的地方 |
[19:06] | I’m well-apprised of the concept of an archive. | 我完全明了档案室的意思 |
[19:09] | What’s confusing me is your ignorance of spatial relationships. | 令我困惑的是你们对空间关系的无感 |
[19:14] | Use your young eyes. | 张大你们的年轻双眼 |
[19:16] | Does it look like we have the room to keep a functioning newspaper archive? | 这儿看起来有空间保存旧报纸吗? |
[19:21] | There’s no archive. | 这里没有档案室 |
[19:22] | We have a veritable Sherlock Holmes on our hands! | 看来我们之间出了一位福尔摩斯 |
[19:26] | Excellent powers of deduction, young lady. | 好个推论演绎 年轻小姑娘 |
[19:29] | In that case… | 既然如此 |
[19:30] | do you happen to remember anything about the story of gold in Cape Wolfe? | 你是否记得 任何关于开普沃夫淘金的事? |
[19:33] | Age and memory do not go hand in hand. | 年龄与记忆不相长 |
[19:37] | But, you might have some luck with, um, Malcolm Frost. | 但你们或许能于 马尔克姆佛斯特身上碰运气 |
[19:41] | – He covered the story. – A bona fide reporter. | 那则新闻是他报导的 货真价实的记者 |
[19:45] | A naturalist. | 他是一名自然学家 |
[19:46] | He wrote the pieces because he was concerned, as I recall. | 他撰写那些报导是出于担忧 |
[19:49] | But you best to talk to him. | 但你们最好听他自己说 |
[19:51] | He frequents the pub down the block. | -他常在这个街区尾端的酒馆 |
[19:53] | – Thank you so much. – Thank you very much. | -非常感谢你 |
[19:55] | Girls… | -非常感谢 -女孩们 |
[19:57] | Tread lightly. | 小心应对 |
[19:58] | He never recovered. | 他一直没有恢复 |
[20:04] | Never recovered from what, do you suppose? | 从什么伤害中恢复?淘金吗? |
[20:07] | – The gold? – Aunt Jo said it was a fiasco. | 约瑟芬姑妈说那是一场大失败 |
[20:09] | Do you suppose his spirit is broken? | 你想他是否因此心灵受创? |
[20:12] | This is it. Here we go. | 就是这儿了 进去吧 |
[20:27] | That’s gotta be him. | 肯定是他了 |
[20:31] | Dear me. | 我的天呀 |
[20:35] | Uh, excuse me, sir. Uh, we’re sorry to intrude. | 不好意思 先生 抱歉打扰你 |
[20:41] | Uh, are you Mr Malcolm Frost? | 你是马尔克姆佛斯特先生吗? |
[20:45] | I’ll take another. | 再来一杯 |
[20:48] | Mr Frost, you covered a story about gold for the Island Announcer ten years ago? | 你是否于十年前 为《岛民日报》写过淘金报导? |
[20:55] | Thirteen. | 13年前 |
[20:57] | But I don’t talk about my work anymore. Good day. | 但我不再谈论我的工作 再见 |
[21:00] | May I ask why not? | 我能否请教理由? |
[21:02] | See, that question sets me up to talk | 瞧 这种问题无非就想使我开口 |
[21:04] | which not one second ago I said I would not do. | 而不到一秒前 我才申明我不想说 |
[21:10] | I’ll talk then. | 那么我来开口 |
[21:12] | Everyone in our town, Avonlea, has gold fever. | 我们镇上每个人…艾凡里镇 全中了淘金热 |
[21:15] | Apparently everyone in Cape Wolfe had gold fever too. | 显然开普沃夫的人也有过淘金热 |
[21:17] | – But there was no gold. – Incorrect. | -但最后没找到黄金 -错误 |
[21:20] | – What part is incorrect? – Hopefully the no gold part. | -哪一部分错了? -希望是“没黄金”的部分 |
[21:23] | A year of my life that I’ll never get back. | 我无法挽回的大好人生 |
[21:26] | Barkeep? | 酒保? |
[21:29] | I’m scared, Anne, we should go. | 我怕 安妮 我们该走了 |
[21:32] | Sir, please. Is there anything you can tell us? | 先生 拜托了 你能否告诉我们任何信息? |
[21:38] | I’m sorry you’re sad… | 我很抱歉你感到哀伤 |
[21:41] | and I’m also sorry to disturb you from your sadness. | 也很抱歉打扰你沉浸其中 |
[21:45] | I know how difficult that can be. | 我明白那会是多么难受 |
[21:51] | But if you can tell us anything at all about the gold we’d be much obliged. | 但你若能透露任何相关消息 我们将十分感谢 |
[22:06] | Educate yourselves. Quietly. | 自己看吧 安静地看 |
[22:12] | How beautiful. | 好美 |
[22:14] | Your handwriting is so neat. | 你的字迹好工整 |
[22:16] | You have an organised mind, Mr Frost. I admire that. | 你的心思缜密 佛斯特先生 我很敬佩 |
[22:21] | These sketches remind me a bit of the book that Nate gave me. | 这些图片让我想起纳森给我的那本书 |
[22:23] | Uh, Nate’s the geologist who found gold in the soil of Avonlea. | 纳森是地理学家 就是他发现镇上土壤有黄金 |
[22:27] | He showed me the gold under his microscope but I couldn’t see anything. | 他用显微镜让我看黄金 但我什么都看不见 |
[22:33] | You didn’t see any gold? | 你没看见任何黄金? |
[22:35] | Once I learn more about the topic | 等我了解得更清楚 |
[22:37] | I’ll be better able to perceive what’s right in front of me. | 就更能看明白眼前的事物 |
[22:39] | Gold is very shiny. | 黄金非常闪耀 |
[22:40] | The particles were very small. | -那些颗粒非常微小 |
[22:42] | Or not there. | -或根本不存在 |
[22:44] | You’re aggravating but you don’t seem dumb. | 你们惹人烦… |
[22:48] | Or blind. | 但你不像笨蛋或瞎子 |
[22:50] | If there was gold you, would have seen it. | 如果真的有黄金 你会看见的 |
[22:53] | – No, I… – See, right… right away. | -不… -瞧 马上就这样 |
[22:54] | No one listens to reason. That’s why I didn’t want to talk about this. | 没人想听道理 所以我才不想谈这事 |
[22:58] | You came here specifically to talk to me about this specific topic | 你来到这 特别找我谈这件特定的事 |
[23:03] | then I tell you something true | 于是我告诉你某件事实 |
[23:05] | something I know because of decades of research, and you say no. | 我经历数十年研究得知的事 而你直接予以否定 |
[23:10] | I’ll tell you something right now, since you insist on me telling you something | 我现在就告诉你 既然你坚持要我说点什么 |
[23:13] | I’d bet my last dollar that your town will do exactly | 我敢打赌你们的小镇 |
[23:15] | what everyone in Cape Wolfe did. | 肯定会重演开普沃夫事件 |
[23:17] | Yes, there are trace amounts of gold in the soil of PEI. | 是 爱德华王子岛的土壤 的确含有微量黄金 |
[23:21] | No, it’s not enough to justify the cost of digging. | 但数量根本不足以弥补开采成本 |
[23:24] | Even if you mined for 900 years, it wouldn’t be enough. | 即便大家挖个九百年也不够 |
[23:33] | Your foolish town will repeat history. | 你们愚蠢的小镇只会重蹈覆辙 |
[23:41] | What company is this so-called geologist working for? | 那个所谓的地理学家 和哪间公司合作? |
[23:47] | I don’t know. He never said. | -我不知道 |
[23:49] | Did he ever talk numbers? | 他没说过 -他谈论过数据吗? |
[23:51] | Calculate how much gold a ton of ore would produce? | 计算过每吨矿石能生产多少黄金吗? |
[23:54] | – No. – Why not? I’ll tell you why. | -没有… -为何没有?我告诉你原因 |
[23:57] | A ton of ore anywhere on this island would only reap 40 to 60 cents of profit. | 这岛上任何一处的矿石 每吨最多只能产四角至六角钱利润 |
[24:03] | One ton. | 每吨 |
[24:04] | Forty cents. | 只赚四角钱 |
[24:06] | That’ll buy you two dozen eggs. | 顶多让你买两打鸡蛋 |
[24:08] | But we don’t buy our eggs. We have chickens. | 我们不买鸡蛋 我们自己养鸡 |
[24:14] | I can ‘t talk about it! | 我不能说 |
[24:16] | Shh. | |
[24:17] | Diana… | 戴安娜 |
[24:19] | why didn’t Nate let me accompany him on his excavations? | 纳森为何不让我一同去开采? |
[24:21] | Because there’s no gold. | 因为根本没有黄金 |
[24:24] | Why was the gold chapter the only well-loved chapter | 为何黄金章节是整本地理书里 |
[24:26] | in the whole geology book? | 唯一经常翻阅的? |
[24:27] | Because he studied it to fabricate a gold discovery. | 因为他反复研究 以捏造发现黄金的骗局 (土壤检测认证) |
[24:31] | Why did your father think that my letter to Gilbert was the official gold certificate? | 为何你父亲以为我给基尔伯特的信 |
[24:35] | You got me there. | -是黄金认证书? -这难倒我了 |
[24:36] | Because I wrote it on paper I nicked from Nate’s room. | 因为我那张信纸是从纳森房间偷来的 |
[24:39] | The same paper as the certificate. | -和认证书是相同的纸 |
[24:40] | And he had an embosser. | -而且他做了压纹 (纽约市) |
[24:43] | From New York. He must have forged it. | 从纽约…他肯定伪造钢印 |
[24:45] | – Why didn’t I put any of this together? – Let me ask you this. | 为何我没早点想到这些? |
[24:48] | Who have you been listening to recently? | 我问你们 |
[24:49] | Everyone around here… | 你们听谁的话? 岛上所有人? |
[24:52] | or that person in here? | 或是你脑袋里的声音? |
[24:55] | I’m a child, Mr Frost. | -我只是小孩 佛斯特先生 |
[24:56] | Poppycock. Children are pure instinct. | -胡说 小孩的直觉准确 |
[24:58] | You should’ve trusted yourself. Seems to me you’ve got it all figured out. | 你应该相信你自己 在我看来你已经全想清楚了 |
[25:03] | You wanna come at me? | 你想冲着我来?我扛你这负担五年了 |
[25:04] | I ‘ve been carrying your dead weight for five years! | |
[25:07] | – Nate and Mr Dunlop are working together. – What? | -纳森和邓洛普先生是同伙 |
[25:09] | How is that possible? | -什么?怎么会? |
[25:10] | I heard them fight and it was the fight of two people | 我某晚听见他们争吵 |
[25:12] | who’ve known each other for a long time. | 感觉他们早就认识 |
[25:14] | Where there’s one huckster, there’s bound to be another. | 骗子通常都结党同行 |
[25:16] | They’re criminals. They used Green Gables to bamboozle the whole town. | 他们是罪犯 他们利用绿山墙欺骗整个镇 |
[25:19] | Grifters. Bottom of the barrel. | -这些骗子 |
[25:21] | We have to let your parents know before it’s too late. | 一群低贱鼠辈 -我们必须告诉你父母 |
[25:22] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! | 慢着 先等一下 |
[25:27] | This one has some clean pages left. | 这本笔记仍剩一些空白页 |
[25:31] | Take notes as you explore your life. | 给你探索人生时做记录 |
[25:33] | It’ll help you make sense of it. Keep honing those instincts. | 帮助你了解事理 继续锻炼你的直觉 |
[25:37] | They’re crucial. | 那至关重要 |
[25:39] | Thank you, Mr Frost. Truly. | 谢谢你 佛斯特先生 真心感谢 (杂货店) (麦克森酒馆) |
[25:59] | Diana? Diana! | 戴安娜? 戴安娜! |
[26:04] | Diana! | -…同意 我不会说那… -戴安娜! |
[26:07] | – Diana! – Mother! | -戴安娜! -妈妈! |
[26:08] | – We have discovered something awful. – About the gold! | -我们发现了非常可怕的事情 -关于黄金的! |
[26:10] | What were you doing in that establishment? | 你在这种店家做什么? |
[26:13] | Please, listen to us! | 纳森和邓洛普先生捏造整起黄金事件 |
[26:15] | Thank you, Officer. We’ll be on our way. | 谢谢你 警官 我们这样就行了 |
[26:19] | – Bye-bye. – Goodbye. | -再见 -再见 |
[26:22] | Mother, I understand we caused you a fright but I promise we have good intentions. | 母亲 抱歉让你受惊 但我保证我们是出于好意 |
[26:26] | We went there to talk to Mr Malcolm Frost about the gold. | 我们是去找马尔克姆佛斯特先生 寻问黄金的事 |
[26:29] | What you learned from a strange man in a public house is of no consequence. | 你从陌生人身上得知的信息无足轻重 |
[26:33] | – But mother… – I will hear none of it. | -但是母亲… -我不想再多听 |
[26:35] | You were improper. | 你的行为不成体统 |
[26:36] | You disobeyed me. | 违背长辈 |
[26:38] | You fraternised with a stranger | 你们随便与陌生的男子往来 |
[26:40] | a male stranger, unchaperoned! | 没有长辈陪同 |
[26:42] | Mr Frost knows more about gold on the island than any of us. | 佛斯特先生比岛上任何人更了解黄金 |
[26:45] | How could you possibly think that you have the right to insert yourself | 你凭何认为你有权干涉这宗生意? |
[26:48] | into this complicated financial matter? | |
[26:50] | You are a child. | 你只是小孩 |
[26:52] | You are not allowed to utter one word until we are back in Avonlea. | 回到艾凡里镇前 不许你再说半句话 |
[26:55] | Mother, you’re making a mistake! | -母亲 你正犯下大错 |
[26:56] | – A mistake? How dare you? – Mrs Barry… | -我错了?你竟敢? 巴里太太 |
[26:58] | If I hear one more word from either of you, your friendship will be over for good. | 拜托你 再多说一句 你们就永远别想做朋友 |
[27:02] | Now come along. | 现在跟我来 |
[27:04] | ♪ The friends we love ♪ | 珍爱的友人们 |
[27:07] | ♪ The friends we love… ♪ | 珍爱的友人们 |
[27:16] | ♪ The friends we love… ♪ | 珍爱的友人们 |
[27:31] | – You sure you don’t need any help with supper? – I do not. | 真的不需要我帮忙做饭吗? 我确定 |
[27:40] | ♪ The friends we love… ♪ | 珍爱的友人们 |
[27:43] | Oh, Matthew. I’m a bit at sixes and sevens. | 马修 |
[27:46] | I’ve gotten used to being in the kitchen. | 我有些无所适从 我习惯在厨房内帮忙 |
[27:51] | I’m in your way. | 我挡到你了 |
[27:57] | Excuse me. Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[27:59] | Thank you for the dance. | 抱歉 多谢陪我跳了支舞 |
[28:03] | Seems like I’m in everyone’s way. | 感觉我似乎碍到每个人 |
[28:19] | Guess I should head up, make myself presentable. | 看来我该去梳洗一下 让自己能见人 |
[28:28] | It’s time for them to go. | 是时候请他们离开了 |
[28:30] | Now. | 就现在 |
[28:33] | We’ll tell them at supper. | 我们在晚餐时说 |
[28:56] | I have some happy news. | 我有些好消息 |
[28:59] | I’ve found a plot of land nearby that’s perfect for my needs. | 我在这附近找到一块地 正合我需求 |
[29:03] | Land, eh? | 一块地是吧? |
[29:05] | Gonna build a gingerbread house, Mr Dunlop? | 你要用姜饼盖房子吗 邓洛普先生? |
[29:09] | You know, what’s lovely is | 最棒的一点是从那步行到绿山墙 |
[29:11] | the walk from there to Green Gables is only a half hour. | 只需要半个钟头 |
[29:15] | Six months from now, when my house is finished | 即使盖房子搬家之后 |
[29:17] | I’ll remain close to you in both geography and spirit. | 我仍能与你们保持亲近 无论是地缘上或情感都是 |
[29:22] | Matthew and I have decided | 马修和我认为两位该另寻他处落脚 |
[29:23] | it’s time for you to find other accommodations. | |
[29:27] | It’s time for Green Gables to get back to normal. | 是时候让绿山墙回归正常了 |
[29:36] | It may, um… | 我可能…要花点时间找其他住处 |
[29:38] | take me a little while to find someplace else. | |
[29:41] | We’re happy to give you a day or two, get organised. | 我们乐意给你们一、两天…收拾打包 |
[29:48] | Not to worry, friend. | 别担心 朋友 |
[29:51] | We’re in this together, hm? | 我和你同在 |
[29:57] | ♪ When we remember ♪ | 当我们忆起… |
[30:00] | ♪ The friends we love… ♪ | 珍爱的友人们 |
[30:03] | Mr Dunlop, shouldn’t you be using this time to pack? | 邓洛普先生 -你不是该利用时间打包行李吗? |
[30:07] | It’s Anne. I’m baking her favourite. | -是安妮 我正在做她最爱的馅饼 |
[30:09] | I can’t wait to hear all about her adventure. | 我等不及听她诉说这趟冒险 (安妮) |
[30:20] | And I am not against a child’s right to curiosity | 我并不是反对孩子们有好奇心 |
[30:23] | but Anne continues to coerce… | 但安妮不断强迫我家戴安娜… |
[30:27] | – Always a pleasure. – Here it is. It’s all there. | 非常荣幸 都在这里了 我保证 |
[30:51] | Anne? | 安妮 |
[30:55] | Anne? | 安妮 |
[30:56] | Anne! | 安妮 |
[30:59] | Please thank your hosts. | 请向人家道谢 |
[31:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:10] | Marilla, I need to talk to you about Nate and Mr… | 玛丽拉 我得和你聊聊 纳森和邓洛普先生… |
[31:13] | We missed you so much. There’s a lot of catching up to do. | 我们好想你 有好多话要和你聊 |
[31:18] | I made this for you special. | 我特别为你做了这个 |
[31:21] | You must be tired and hungry. | 你肯定又累又饿 |
[31:23] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[31:27] | Mr Dunlop, I kindly ask you to leave my kitchen | 邓洛普先生 |
[31:30] | so I can attend to supper. | 麻烦请你离开厨房 我才能开始做晚餐 |
[31:36] | Come and help me, Anne. | 过来帮忙我 安妮 |
[31:51] | Malcolm Frost. | 还有马尔克姆佛斯特 |
[31:52] | He was the naturalist who reported on the story. | 他是自然学家 他负责报导那新闻 |
[31:54] | He said there was never any possibility of gold | 他说爱德华王子岛近乎不可能有黄金 |
[31:56] | anywhere on Prince Edward Island! | |
[32:01] | They know. | 他们知道了 |
[32:06] | Nate and Dunlop have been working together. | 纳森和邓洛普是同伙 |
[32:07] | They used Green Gables, Marilla. | 他们利用绿山墙和我们 -他们是骗子 |
[32:09] | – They used us. They’re grifters. – I believe you, Anne. | -我相信你 安妮 |
[32:13] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[32:15] | We believe you too, Anne. | 我们也相信你 安妮 |
[32:19] | No. | 不 |
[32:36] | You worked hard today, Jerry. | 你今天工作很努力 杰瑞 |
[32:39] | Just go on home to your family. Be well. | 回家陪家人去吧 再见 |
[32:42] | Merci, Mr Cuthbert. | 谢谢 卡斯伯特先生 |
[32:46] | Uh, so as you know, the boarders… | 对了 |
[32:50] | they’ll be moving on. | 两位寄宿者准备离开了 |
[34:19] | – They took the gun. – Where’s Anne? | -他们把枪拿走了 -安妮在哪儿? |
[34:23] | I looked upstairs. They’re gone! | 我上楼查过 他们跑了 |
[34:25] | I’ll go for help. | 我去找人求助 |
[35:08] | Where do you think you’re going, froggy? | 你要上哪儿 小法国佬? |
[35:18] | It was you. | 是你 |
[35:23] | It was you! | 原来是你 |
[35:36] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[35:42] | I never liked you. | 我从来不喜欢你 |
[35:50] | Give me the money. | 把钱给我! |
[35:52] | Sure thing. | 没问题 |
[35:55] | – Let me get your half. – All of it. | -给你那一半 -我要全部 |
[35:59] | – Jonesey… let’s… – This is all your fault. | 琼斯 我们… 这一切都是你的错 |
[36:05] | How is this my fault? The kid tipped the grift. | 怎么会是我的错?是那小鬼揭破骗局 |
[36:07] | You turned them against me. | 你让他们讨厌我 |
[36:10] | – All I wanted was to stay. – Snap out of it. | -我只是想要留下 -琼斯 别这样 |
[36:15] | This isn’t on me. | 这不能怪我 |
[36:16] | They knew we were working together. | 他们知道我们是一伙 |
[36:19] | – Down yonder! Veer the left. – Come on, boy! | 那边!往左! 快点! |
[36:25] | Come on! | 快点! |
[36:32] | – Go on, boy! – This way. | 过来 |
[36:35] | Hyah! | 这边 |
[36:37] | There’s no life there for you. | 这儿的生活容不下你 |
[36:39] | They liked me. | 他们之前喜欢我 |
[36:41] | Everyone, they liked me. | -所有人 他们喜欢我 |
[36:43] | Jonesey, we gotta get going. | -琼斯 拜托 我们得走了 |
[36:45] | Hey, we’ll find a whole new grift. | 我们会想到新法子捞钱 |
[36:48] | Just you and me, just like old times… | 就你和我 就像以前一样 |
[36:52] | There is no me and you! | 没有什么你和我 |
[36:54] | I’m taking the money | 我要拿走钱 |
[36:54] | and I’m gonna buy a house with land somewhere beautiful! | 我会买块有房子的地 在某个好地方生活 |
[37:11] | There you go, buddy. I made your wish come true. | 瞧 兄弟 我替你实现梦想 |
[37:14] | You get to stay in Avonlea forever. | 你能永远留在艾凡里镇了 |
[37:24] | Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death | 我虽行过死荫的幽谷 |
[37:26] | I will fear no evil for thou art with me… | 我也不怕遭害 因主与我同在 |
[37:33] | Come on. Come on. | 快点 |
[37:37] | Over here! | 这边! |
[37:40] | What is it? What have we got? | -是什么? -找到什么了? |
[37:42] | Careful now. | 小心 |
[37:45] | – There’s someone on the ground. – Whoa! | 有人躺在地上 |
[37:49] | Jerry? Jerry? | 杰瑞?杰瑞 看着他 |
[37:52] | Jerry? | 杰瑞 |
[37:55] | I’m down here! | -你看见他了? -我在下面这里! |
[37:56] | – Jerry? – We got someone in the hole! | -杰瑞 -洞里有人! |
[37:58] | – Help me out of here! – You alright? | -帮我出来! -你还好吗? |
[38:00] | What have we got? | 我们找到谁了? |
[38:05] | Got yourself a nice goose egg there. | 你的头肿了一大包 |
[38:08] | At least this time I tried to stop them. | 至少这次我努力阻止他们 |
[38:10] | – You’re a good lad. – Get him out of there! | -你是个好小子 杰瑞 |
[38:13] | Jerry… well done. | -把他拉出来 你做得很好 |
[38:18] | They’re the ones who robbed me in Charlottetown. | 他们就是在沙洛镇抢劫我的人 |
[38:20] | And you had a feeling. | 你一直都觉得不对劲 |
[38:28] | It was Nate. He orchestrated everything. | -是纳森 |
[38:30] | Quiet now. | 整件事都是他筹划的 -安静 |
[38:31] | No. I was a victim, too. | 不 我也是受害者 |
[38:33] | Are you forgetting? I pitched in $150 like everyone else. | 你们…你们忘了吗? 我和大家一样投入150元 |
[38:37] | Avonlea was to be my home! | -我要定居艾凡里镇的 -够了 |
[38:39] | That’s enough now, Mr Dunlop, or whoever you are. | 邓洛普先生 或不论你真实身份为何 |
[38:42] | And what of the money? | 那些钱呢? |
[38:44] | It’s gone. | 全没了 |
[38:47] | He took it. Nate took it. | 他带走了 纳森带走了 |
[38:49] | I’m telling you, I’m a victim, too! | 我说过 我也是受害人! |
[38:51] | All of it? | -全部的钱吗? -我很遗憾 |
[38:52] | I’m sorry, William. Things’ll be tight for all of us for a while. | 威廉 接下来大家的生活会过得有点紧 |
[38:56] | Time to get you home, Jerry. | 该送你回家了 杰瑞 上马 |
[39:43] | Matthew said you tried to stop them. | 马修说你试图阻止他们 |
[39:46] | All this time, I couldn’t remember who they were. | 一直以来 我想不出他们是谁 |
[39:49] | And then, all of a sudden, like I… | 但突然之间…我记起来了 |
[39:51] | I did. | |
[39:53] | It was very brave of you. | 你的行为非常勇敢 |
[40:16] | I wish you’d be rid of that book. | 我真希望你丢了那本书 |
[40:19] | This is a period best forgotten. | 这段日子最好忘掉 |
[40:23] | I’m not sure I agree with you, Marilla. | 我不确定我认同这说法 玛丽拉 |
[40:28] | Take this rock as an example. | 就拿这颗石头举例 |
[40:32] | Nate’s book taught me that it’s iron pyrite. | 纳森的书教会我这是黄铁矿、假黄金 |
[40:35] | Fool’s gold. | |
[40:37] | If you perceive it in a certain light, it looks like real gold. | 放在特定光线下看就像真的黄金 |
[40:42] | It does if you’re foolish enough to trick yourself | 也得你够傻 |
[40:44] | into seeing something that isn’t real. | 愿意自我欺骗以假当真 |
[40:46] | All we can do is our best, Marilla, regardless of what we know or don’t know. | 我们只能尽力而为 玛丽拉 无论我们懂什么 不懂什么 |
[40:52] | That’s true enough. | 确实没错 |
[40:54] | I believe there’s always a bit of good in any situation | 我相信任何情况都有可取之处 |
[40:57] | even a bad one. | 即使是坏事 |
[40:59] | I think it builds character. | -我认为那能磨练心志 |
[41:01] | Easier said than done. | -说时容易做时难 |
[41:05] | But I suppose that’s a fine way of looking at things. | 但我想那是很好的思考方式 |
[41:10] | Malcolm Frost recommends I trust my intuition, and I plan to. | 马尔克姆佛斯特建议我相信直觉 我打算照做 |
[41:36] | Hm… Fancy. | (致:基尔伯特布莱斯) 真高级 |
[41:40] | So, what it say? | 信上写什么? |
[41:47] | There’s gold in Avonlea? | 艾凡里镇有黄金? |