时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | Anne! | |
[00:57] | Oh! | |
[00:59] | I expect it’s perfectly normal to be slightly nervous | 我想有一点点紧张是很正常的 |
[01:02] | on your first day, but I’m sure everything will be fine. | 在你第一天去上学 但是我确信一切都会顺利的 |
[01:05] | I don’t have much experience with school, | 我没有多少上学的经历 |
[01:07] | but why wouldn’t it be fine? Better than fine. | 但是应该会不错的是吗? 应该更好 |
[01:10] | I have no doubt that it will be. | 我确信是这样的 |
[01:12] | None at all. | 确信会的 |
[01:14] | I’m a few years behind, | 我落下了几年学习 |
[01:17] | but that’s no reason not to be optimistic. | 但是没有理由不乐观的 |
[01:20] | The only place I can go from here, | 唯一从这里我可去的地方 |
[01:22] | academically speaking, is up. | 按学术语言说 是“向上” |
[01:24] | If a person puts their best foot forward, things can go well. | 如果一个人能够尽自己最大努力迈步前向 那事情就会进展顺利 |
[01:28] | Slow those feet down, please. | 那就请你慢点走 |
[01:32] | It will be nice to have a lot of new friends, | 将会有很多新的朋友 这感觉很棒 |
[01:34] | although I expect it will be difficult to find a toehold, | 虽然我想一开始会比较困难 |
[01:37] | since they’ve probably all known each other forever. | 而他们早就互相熟悉了 |
[01:39] | Going to school is my lifelong dream. | 去上学是我一直的梦想 |
[01:41] | What could possibly go wr… | 要是出了什么差错 |
[01:45] | Please let that not be portentous. | 保佑我别出那样的差错 |
[01:47] | For heaven’s sake, Anne, I told you to slow down. | 天呐 Anne 我告诉过你要慢点的 |
[01:50] | – I’ll fetch the broom. – I’m sorry, Marilla. | 我去哪扫把 抱歉 Marilla |
[01:53] | You’ll do just fine today. | 你今天会顺利的 |
[01:56] | You’re smart as the dickens. | 你和狄更斯一样聪明 |
[01:58] | I’m not so worried about my brain. | 我倒是不担心自己的脑袋瓜子 |
[02:00] | I believe it to be in fairly good working order. | 我相信它工作非常正常 |
[02:03] | – Hmm. – And with any luck, | 嗯 如果幸运的话 |
[02:04] | I’ll catch up with the rest of the class quite quickly. | 我会很快赶上落下的进度 |
[02:07] | That’s not really my concern. | 这不是我担心的事情 |
[02:08] | Do you want to know what my big concern is? | 你想知道我担心的是什么吗? |
[02:11] | My overriding concern? | 我最主要的担心是什么吗? |
[02:13] | I’m sure you’ll tell us soon enough. | 我确信你马上会告诉我们的 |
[02:17] | It’s this awful red hair! | 是这糟糕的红头发! |
[02:20] | This horrible, hideous, horrible red hair. | 这可怕 丑陋的红头发 |
[02:23] | It’s the bane of my existence. | 这是我的祸根 |
[02:25] | Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, | |
[02:27] | I suggest you find a worthier overriding concern. | 我建议你找个别的更值得担心的事情 |
[02:31] | And my freckles. I hate my freckles. | 还有我的雀斑 我讨厌自己的雀斑 |
[02:34] | And I can’t help but think | 我禁不住地想 |
[02:35] | that the other children would like me better if I was pretty. | 如果我漂亮点别的孩子们也许会更喜欢我 |
[02:38] | Fiddlesticks. | 胡扯 |
[02:40] | You’re a vain one and no mistake. | 你是个爱慕虚荣的人,而这也没有错 |
[02:42] | If a rose wasn’t beautiful, | 如果玫瑰不漂亮 |
[02:43] | nobody would want to stop and smell it. | 没人会驻足欣赏它 |
[02:46] | And besides, how can I be vain if I’m ugly? | 而且 如果我很丑又怎会爱慕虚荣呢? |
[02:49] | Enough of this foolishness. | 说够了这些蠢话了 |
[02:51] | You’ll do just fine at school | 在学校你会做得很好的 |
[02:54] | if you’d stop your yammering and fortify yourself. | 如果你停止这些抱怨和让你自己强大 |
[04:11] | Why, hello there. | 嗯 你好 |
[04:13] | I’m ever so pleased to make your acquaintances. | 很高兴认识你 |
[04:15] | Greetings. No. | 问候 不 |
[04:17] | Salutations! | 你好! |
[04:21] | Oh, your dress is splendid! Puff sleeves are divine! | 哦 你的衣服很漂亮 泡泡袖很漂亮 |
[04:28] | Have you always lived in Avonlea? | 你一直住在Avonlea吗? |
[04:31] | Oh, I agree. I believe it to be the most beautiful place | 哦 我同意 我想那是最漂亮的地方 |
[04:33] | on earth, and I’ve travelled a fair deal. | 我想这是很客观的说法 |
[04:37] | It gives one a worldly perspective. | 这让人觉得很老套 |
[04:40] | Oh, this old thing? | 哦 你说的是这个吗? |
[04:42] | I adore wild flowers, don’t you? | 我很喜欢野花 你呢? |
[04:44] | Sometimes I like to imagine that my room | 有时候我喜欢想象自己房间 |
[04:47] | is a flowery bower. | 是个满是花的亭子 |
[04:49] | Did you know that a bower is a lady’s private apartment | 你知道亭子是女士的私人空间 |
[04:51] | in a medieval hall or castle? | 在一个中世纪的城堡里吗? |
[04:54] | Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be a princess? | 如果可以作为一位公主 那是否很棒? |
[04:58] | Words cannot express how thrilling it is | 语言是无法形容那种 |
[05:00] | to make your acquaintance. | 让我认识你们的感觉 |
[05:36] | Anne! | |
[05:38] | Hello, Diana! | 你好 Diana |
[05:42] | My, what have you done to your hat? | 天呐 你的帽子怎么这样子了? |
[05:45] | Well, I wanted to make a good first impression | 嗯 我想这样一见面就会有个好印象 |
[05:47] | and it was so plain. | 它原来实在太普通了 |
[05:49] | You’re making an impression all right. | 你确实开了一个好头 |
[05:51] | I’m glad you found your way. | 很高兴你没有迷路来这地方 |
[05:53] | I expect we should be able to walk together soon. | 我想我们不久就可以一起上学了 |
[05:56] | We can’t? | 难道我们不能吗? |
[05:57] | I’m sure it won’t be long until my parents accept you, | 我想不会很久 我父母亲就会接受你的 |
[05:59] | now that you’re a Cuthbert and all. | 既然现在你已经是Cuthbert家的人了 |
[06:01] | Welcome to the first day of school. | 欢迎第一天来学校 |
[06:03] | Come on, I’ll show you everything you need to know. | 来啊 我带你熟悉一下你该知道的事情 |
[06:09] | Leave your hat and sweater here. | 把帽子和外套放在这里 |
[06:11] | You can sit with me. Ruby won’t mind. | 你可以和我坐一起 Ruby不会介意的 |
[06:14] | I think Jane and Ruby may sit together | 我想Jane和Ruby也许可以坐一起 |
[06:16] | now that Prissy’s studying | 那是Prissy正在学习 |
[06:18] | for her Queen’s Academy entrance exams | 应付“女王学院”入学考试 |
[06:19] | and needs to sit with the older students. | 得和年长的学生坐在一起 |
[06:21] | Who? | 谁? |
[06:23] | Go on and set your things down. | 去把东西放下 |
[06:27] | Hello there. I’m Moody. | 你好 我叫Moody |
[06:28] | – I’m sorry. – Moody Spurgeon. | 抱歉 我叫Moody Spurgeon |
[06:32] | Oh. I’m Anne. | 哦 我叫Anne |
[06:33] | I’m Charlie. | 我是Charlie |
[06:34] | – Charlie Sloane. – Happy to meet you. | Charlie Sloane 认识你很开心 |
[06:37] | Don’t talk to the boys. They’re ridiculous. | 别和男孩聊天 他们很愚蠢可笑的 |
[06:41] | Nice to see you, too, Diana. | 我也很高兴认识你 Diana |
[06:44] | All except Gilbert Blythe. | 但是Gilbert Blythe除外 |
[06:46] | He’s dreamy, but he won’t be here today. | 他爱幻想 但是今天他没来 |
[06:53] | This is Jane Andrews and Josie Pye and Ruby Gillis | 这是Jane Andrews,Josie Pye以及Ruby Gillis |
[06:55] | and Tillie Boulter. | 还有Tillie Boulter |
[06:57] | Everybody, this is Anne. | 各位 这是Anne |
[06:59] | – Hello, Anne. – Hello. | 你好 Anne 你好 |
[07:00] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[07:02] | It is a scrumptious pleasure to make your acquaintances. | 认识你们非常的快乐 |
[07:04] | And I shall do my utmost | 我会尽最大努力 |
[07:06] | to prove myself worthy of your friendship. | 证明自己是值得你们交往的 |
[07:11] | Uh, Anne loves to read. | 哦 Anne很喜欢阅读 |
[07:13] | And she knows ever so many big words. | 而且她知道很多的美妙词汇 |
[07:15] | Does she use them all in every sentence? | 那她在每句话里都使用这些词汇吗? |
[07:19] | I like to read, too. | 我也喜欢阅读 |
[07:22] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不喜欢的 |
[07:25] | No, I don’t. | 是的 我不喜欢 |
[07:26] | I saw you at the church picnic. | 我在教堂野餐时看到了你 |
[07:28] | I’m sorry, I should’ve said hello. | 抱歉 我没去问候你 |
[07:30] | There were an awful lot of people there. | 那里的人们真可怕 |
[07:32] | Mother wouldn’t let me. | 是妈妈不让我去的 |
[07:33] | Why do they make you wear that old-lady dress? | 为何他们让你穿这样的老女人衣服? |
[07:38] | It’s just nice to have something new. | 只要是新的就好了 |
[07:40] | If you’re an orphan, I suppose. | 我想是否因为你是孤儿的原因 |
[07:42] | I wouldn’t be caught dead in it. | 我穿成这样的话我会死去的 |
[07:45] | Anne isn’t an orphan anymore. She’s been adopted. | Anne不再是孤儿了 她已经被领养了 |
[07:48] | I’m still an orphan, Diana. | 我还是个孤儿 Diana |
[07:51] | I’ll always be an orphan. | 我一直是孤儿 |
[07:52] | Goodness, I’d hate to be an orphan. | 上帝 我讨厌成为孤儿 |
[07:55] | I feel real sorry for you, Anne. | 我非常抱歉 Anne |
[08:00] | You’re ridiculous. | 你太愚蠢了 |
[08:02] | Hey, look, it’s a talking dog! | 嗨 看 一天会说话的狗! |
[08:05] | Can you fetch, too? | 你也会接球 是吗? |
[08:07] | – Billy, leave her be. – [Billy]: Sit. Stay. | Billy 别骚扰她 坐下 别动 |
[08:10] | Roll over. [chuckling] | 翻身 |
[08:12] | Don’t mind my brother. He’s ridiculous! | 别注意我兄弟 他很蠢的! |
[08:15] | Ruff. | |
[08:18] | Never let the boys know when they’ve upset you. | 永远别让男孩们知道你的感受当他们伤你心的时候 |
[08:20] | Never let them know when you like them, either. | 也医院别让他们知道你喜欢他们 |
[08:24] | School… | 学校里 |
[08:25] | is a lot to contend with. | 还有许多要应付的 |
[08:27] | Have you ever been to a real school, | 你上过真正的学校 |
[08:29] | or did they just send you to special orphan school? | 还是他们只是送你去特殊的孤儿学校? |
[08:34] | Come on, Anne, let’s finish the tour. | 来吧 Anne 我们接着去转转 |
[08:37] | Bring your milk. I’ll show you the stream outside. | 带上你的牛奶 我会带你去外面的小溪 |
[08:58] | – Good morning, Miss Cuthbert. – Good morning. | 早上好 Cuthbert小姐 早上好 |
[09:00] | I don’t think we’ve ever been formally introduced, | 我想我们还没有正式见过面 |
[09:02] | but of course I know you from town and church. | 但是当然 我从城里和教堂了解到你 |
[09:04] | It’s Mrs. Bell, isn’t it? | 是Bell夫人 对吗? |
[09:07] | Yes. And this is Mrs. Andrews. | 是的 这是Andrews夫人 |
[09:08] | – Nice to know you. – How do you do? | 很高兴认识你 你好 |
[09:11] | How may I help you? | 有什么事情吗? |
[09:13] | We’re here on behalf of the PMSC. | 我们是代表PMSC来这里的 |
[09:15] | The Progressive Mothers’ Sewing Circle. | 开明妈妈的缝纫圈 |
[09:17] | You might have heard of us. | 你也许听说过我们的 |
[09:19] | We’ve been meeting twice a month for over two years. | 我们这两年一直有每月两次的会议 |
[09:22] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:23] | I’d be happy to make a small donation. | 我很乐意捐点小钱的 |
[09:25] | Oh, no. [laughing] | 哦 不 |
[09:26] | Thank you kindly, but we’re not a charity. | 谢谢你的热心 但是我们不是搞慈善的 |
[09:28] | – We’re an organization. – An informal organization. | 我们是一个组织 一个非正式组织 |
[09:31] | But an organization nonetheless. | 但是还算是个组织 |
[09:33] | Mothers who gather to discuss the education | 妈妈们聚集在一起讨论教育 |
[09:35] | of our young girls. | 关于我们的女儿们的教育 |
[09:36] | – We also do needlepoint. – And tea is served, of course. | 我们也做针绣 当然还有茶点 |
[09:40] | That sounds stimulating. | 听起来很不错 |
[09:42] | Now that you’re mother to a young girl, | 现在你也是一位小姑娘的母亲了 |
[09:44] | we’re wondering if you’d like to attend our meetings. | 我们想你是否可以参加我们的会议 |
[09:46] | Oh. | |
[09:48] | We should warn you that our viewpoints are forward-thinking. | 我们该事先告诉你我们的观点想法是有点超前的 |
[09:52] | We believe that a woman’s education is just as important | 我们认为妇女们的教育一样重要 |
[09:55] | as a man’s. | 和男人们一样 |
[09:57] | That is admirable. | 这很好呀 |
[09:58] | Now that your… ward, your… | 现在 那个你的 受监护人 你的 |
[10:02] | Anne. | 叫Anne |
[10:03] | Since your Anne is part of our community now | 既然你的Anne现在是我们社区的一员了 |
[10:06] | and you’ll be raising her, | 而你在抚养她 |
[10:08] | we wanted to extend the invitation for you to join us. | 我们想邀请你加入我们 |
[10:11] | We’re meeting at the Andrews’ home this afternoon. | 我们今天下午在Andrews家里聚会 |
[10:14] | Will you come? | 你回来吗? |
[10:16] | Set your milk down next to mine, Anne, so it’ll stay cold. | 把你的牛奶放在我的牛奶边上 Anne 这样它就会保持冰凉 |
[10:20] | I must’ve done something wrong just then, | 当时我一定是做错了什么 |
[10:22] | but I don’t know what it was. | 但是我不知道是什么错了 |
[10:24] | Let me tell you all the things you’ll need to know about lunch. | |
[10:26] | All the girls in our clique sit together. | 我们小圈子的女孩们都坐在一起 |
[10:27] | We make a kind of clubhouse with no boys allowed. | 我们组建了一个俱乐部 男孩们不允许加入的 |
[10:30] | I usually sit next to Jane, | 我一般坐在Jane边上 |
[10:32] | but sometimes Jane sits with her big sister, Prissy. | 但是有时候Jane坐在她的大姐姐Prissy边上 |
[10:34] | Tillie sits on the other side of Josie. | Tillie坐在Josie的另一边 |
[10:36] | You’ll need to gauge the situation accordingly | 你需要看情况做出调整 |
[10:38] | since we always sit the same way. | 既然我们一直是那么坐的 |
[10:39] | Everybody shows what they brought for lunch | 大家都会拿出带来的午餐 |
[10:41] | and then we divide it equally. | 那样我们就可以一起平分 |
[10:47] | Over here. Ruff! | 过来 汪汪 |
[10:49] | Who’s a good girl? [knocking] | 谁是好女孩? |
[10:55] | What’d you bring, Anne? | 你带了什么 Anne? |
[10:56] | Josie Pye doesn’t like me at all. | Josie Pye根本不喜欢我 |
[10:57] | I brought a lace-trimmed handkerchief | 我带了蕾丝边的手帕 |
[10:59] | in honour of the occasion. | 以庆贺这样的场合 |
[11:00] | It should make a lovely presentation. | 应该有个漂亮的介绍 |
[11:01] | Hopefully your apple’s already sliced for sharing. | 希望你的苹果已经切好了 |
[11:04] | Apple? I… I… | 苹果? 我 我 |
[11:05] | Come on, I’ll show you the rest. | 来吧 我带你看看最后的 |
[11:12] | Avonlea schooling is very progressive. | Avonlea学校非常前卫的 |
[11:14] | We have a second room for the youngsters. | 我们有为更小的孩子的教室 |
[11:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:20] | All right, uh, take your seats. | 好了 哦 坐下吧 |
[11:25] | Diana, what kind of sums are those? | Diana 这些是什么加法? |
[11:28] | – Long division, of course. – Long division? | 这是长除法 当然 长除法? |
[11:31] | So easy, right? Those were the days. | 很容易的 是吧? 那是以前的事了 |
[11:34] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[11:37] | And this is the supply room. | 这是库房 |
[11:39] | You need to ask permission before you take anything, | 在你拿东西前你得敲门 |
[11:42] | even during recess, | 即使在休息的时候 |
[11:43] | because sometimes Mr. Phillips secretly naps here. | 因为有时候Phillips先生会在这里打盹 |
[11:50] | Well, I’ll be. | 嗯 我会的 |
[11:52] | That’s Prissy Andrews and the teacher, Mr. Phillips. | 那是Prissy Andrews和老师 Phillips先生 |
[11:57] | – Are they married? – Of course not. | 他们结婚了吗? 当然没有 |
[12:00] | She’s a student and he’s… old. | 她是一个学生 而他 年纪有点大 |
[12:03] | They’re touching. | 他们在抚摸 |
[12:04] | – They must be making a baby. – What?! | 他们一定是在造孩子 什么? |
[12:07] | Well, if they’re touching, | 嗯 如果他们在抚摸 |
[12:09] | that means they’re having intimate relations. | 就意味着他们有亲密的关系 |
[12:11] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[12:12] | It seems to me that a lot of husbands have a pet mouse. | 似乎许多的丈夫们都有一个宠物老鼠 |
[12:16] | Pet mouse? | 宠物老鼠是什么? |
[12:18] | That’s what I’ve been told, anyways. | 别人就是这么告诉我的 |
[12:22] | Yes, so I expect Mr. Phillips has one, too, | 是的 所以我认为Phillips也有一个宠物老鼠 |
[12:24] | in his front pants pocket. | 在他的裤子前口袋里 |
[12:26] | I expect Prissy Andrews has made its acquaintance. | 我想Prissy Andrews早就认识它了 |
[12:29] | Mrs. Hammond – she’s a lady I used to work for | Hammond夫人 我以前为她干过活 |
[12:32] | she said she always had twins | 说她总是生双胞胎 |
[12:33] | after she pet Mr. Hammond’s mouse. | 在和Hammond先生的宠物老鼠玩过后 |
[12:50] | Spell “ravishing.” | 拼写”ravishing.” |
[13:18] | Correct. You may sit. | 正确 你可以坐下了 |
[13:20] | Moody. Stand and deliver. | Moody 站起来写出 |
[13:26] | Spell “dreadful.” “dreadful.” | |
[13:35] | – Like your handwriting. | 就像你的书写 |
[13:41] | Moody, it has an A in it, | Moody 少些了一个A |
[13:43] | right after the E, but the A is silent. | 就在E的后面 但是A是不发音的 |
[13:46] | Yes, the A is silent. As should you be. | 是的 A是不发出声音的 你也要一样 |
[13:49] | You’re the, um, orphan, yes? | 你是那个 嗯 孤儿 是吗? |
[13:52] | My name is Anne Shirley-Cuthbert. | 我的名字叫Anne Shirley-Cuthbert |
[13:54] | And please be sure to spell Anne with an E. | 还有别忘了Anne最后有个E的字母 |
[13:55] | – Did I call on you? – You just asked me a question? | 我点到你的名字没有? 你刚在问我问题啊? |
[13:58] | Did. I. | 我有 |
[13:59] | Call. On. You? | 点到你的名字吗? |
[14:03] | No? | 没有? |
[14:04] | Then sit down. | 那么就坐下 |
[14:19] | There’s bread and cheese in the pantry for your lunch. | 在食品柜里有面包和起司 你可以当午餐 |
[14:22] | I expect I’ll be back well before milking. | 我想我会在挤奶前赶回来的 |
[14:25] | I dare say this meeting takes a bite out of the day. | 我敢说着会议会花点时间的 |
[14:27] | You’re sure about this, Marilla? | 你有把握吗 Marilla? |
[14:29] | Oh, I can’t say I quite know what I got myself into, | 哦 我不能说我很清楚自己要做什么 |
[14:32] | but there’s no harm | 但是没有坏处 |
[14:34] | in learning something new. | 学点新的东西 |
[14:36] | Seeing as how we’re… | 看作我们如何 |
[14:38] | parents and all. | 成为养育孩子 |
[14:40] | In case it escaped your notice. | 万一你没留心 |
[14:42] | Up until now, I hadn’t really… | 直到现在 我还没真正 |
[14:44] | thought of it that way. | 那么想过 |
[14:46] | Well, there’s truth to it, | 嗯 这是事实 |
[14:47] | so you’d better get used to the idea. | 所以你最好适应这样的情况 |
[15:12] | Anne! | |
[15:15] | Come here! | 过来 |
[15:20] | I thought lunchtime would never arrive! | 我一直在等着午餐时间 |
[15:22] | I feel the same way. | 我也一样 |
[15:24] | I’m just so excited to hear about everything that you saw. | 我只是很激动听你说你看到的所有事情 |
[15:27] | – Me, too! – Me, three! | 我也是 我也一样 |
[15:28] | What do you mean? | 你们什么意思呢? |
[15:29] | Prissy and Mr. Phillips, silly. In the supply room? | Prissy和Phillips先生 笨蛋 在那个库房里? |
[15:34] | I told them about the pet mouse. | 我已经告诉她们关于那“宠物老鼠”的事情了 |
[15:36] | It’s just all so shocking. | 非常惊讶 |
[15:38] | I wasn’t too sure about it, though, | 但是我也没那么确定 |
[15:40] | so I thought maybe you could tell them. | 所以我觉得还是你来告诉她们 |
[15:42] | I just can’t believe it. | 我只是不敢相信 |
[15:44] | Me, neither. | 我也一样 |
[15:45] | Prissy and Mr. Phillips are having intimate relations | Prissy和Phillips先生由亲密的关系 |
[15:47] | all right. | 是的 |
[15:49] | It’s a pretty common occurrence. | 这是很平常的事情 |
[15:52] | But you don’t really think she… | 但是你真的不认为她 |
[15:54] | touched it, do you? | 摸过它了? |
[15:56] | – His pet mouse? | 他的“宠物老鼠”吗? |
[16:00] | – I spy with my little eye… – Go away! | 我用我的小眼睛偷偷看一下 滚开 |
[16:03] | – Stop spying! – Stupid boys! | 别偷看 愚蠢的小子! |
[16:07] | Are they really making a baby? | 他们真的在造小人? |
[16:08] | It’s disgusting! | 真恶心! |
[16:11] | He’s the teacher. | 他是一位老师 |
[16:12] | Then again, Prissy does look quite grown up this year. | 还有 Prissy今年确实看起来成熟很多 |
[16:14] | – Do you think they’re in love? – When it comes | 你认为他们相爱吗? 当关系 |
[16:16] | to intimate relations, I’m not sure it matters. | 亲密的时候 我不确定这很重要 |
[16:20] | Oh, my! | 哦 天呐 |
[16:22] | Do tell, Anne. | 说说看 Anne |
[16:24] | Well, in my experience | 嗯 根据我的经验 |
[16:25] | with Mrs. Hammond and her drunken husband… | Hammond夫人和他那酗酒的丈夫 |
[16:27] | – Drunken husband?! – Oh, my. | 酗酒的丈夫? 哦 天呐 |
[16:30] | They’re the people you lived with before you came to Green Gables? | 那些是你来绿山墙之前和他们一起生活的人吗? |
[16:32] | They were the last ones, yes. | 他们是最后一家 是的 |
[16:34] | And he was a drunkard? | 那他是个酒鬼了? |
[16:36] | – Oh, indeed. – Oh, Anne… | 哦 确实是的 哦 Anne |
[16:39] | Mr. Hammond always had his moonshine, | Hammond总是喝那些走私烈酒 |
[16:41] | and after he’d partaken, he would stomp around the house | 当他喝完后 他就会绕着屋子乱转 |
[16:44] | like Frankenstein’s monster and everybody would run! | 就像是Frankenstein的鬼怪 所有人都吓得逃跑 |
[16:47] | But nobody faster than Mrs. Hammond, | 但是没人比Hammond夫人跑得更快 |
[16:49] | because she knew he was going to make her pet his mouse. | 因为她知道他会让她玩他的“宠物老鼠” |
[16:52] | – And did she? – I believe she had to. | 她是这样吗? 我想她是被迫的 |
[16:54] | Oh, my. | 哦 天呐 |
[16:57] | I could hear everything! | 我能听到所有事情! |
[16:59] | Everything? | 所有事情? |
[17:01] | To this day, I don’t know quite what to make of it. | 直到今天 我还是不很清楚如何表述 |
[17:03] | There were times I heard laughing | 有时候我听到笑声 |
[17:05] | and it sounded like fun, | 听起来似乎很快乐 |
[17:07] | but there were other times I was sure he was murdering her. | 但是有时候我觉得他在谋杀她 |
[17:10] | Either way, | 不管是哪种情况 |
[17:11] | it sure made Mrs. Hammond mad. | 可以确定的是Hammond夫人很疯狂 |
[17:13] | And the next morning, more often as not, | 而第二天早上 通常是 |
[17:15] | she would take after me with a wooden spoon. | 她会用木勺对付我 |
[17:18] | I’ll confess that I was relieved | 我承认我松了口气 |
[17:19] | when Mr. Hammond dropped dead. | 当Hammond先生死去以后 |
[17:20] | I didn’t miss the sting of his belt one bit. | 我忘不了他的皮带抽我的刺痛 |
[17:26] | Is lunchtime over already? | 是否午餐时间已经结束了? |
[17:27] | No. I won’t eat next to dirty trash. | 不 我不想在肮脏的垃圾边上吃饭 |
[17:31] | Come on, girls, before we all become tarnished. | 走吧 姑娘们 在我们被污染之前 |
[17:42] | Diana? | |
[17:44] | I… | 我 |
[17:49] | Oh, dear. | 哦 亲爱的 |
[17:50] | Let me go see if there’s anything to be done. | 让我去看啊看是否事情都做完了 |
[18:02] | My sister has written to me about our current book, | 我的姐姐写信给我讨论关于我们现在在读的书籍 |
[18:04] | The Grasshoppers, by Mrs. Andrew Dean. | “草蜢” Andrew Dean夫人写的 |
[18:06] | Her sister is a Suffragette. | 她姐姐是女权斗士 |
[18:08] | She regularly sends me progressive periodicals | 她通常会给我寄些开明的杂志 |
[18:10] | – from Acadia University. – Which she attended. | 从Acadia大学寄来的 她在那里上的大学 |
[18:12] | My sister writes | 我姐姐写道 |
[18:14] | that the book reviewer for the Athenaeum described this story as | Athenaeum的图书评论员把这故事描述成 |
[18:17] | “a woman’s flirtation with feminism.” | 一位妇女对女权主义的调侃 |
[18:20] | Feminism. What an incredible word. | 女权主义 不可思议的词汇 |
[18:24] | How very intriguing. But what exactly does it mean? | 那么令人迷惑 但是到底是什么意思呢? |
[18:27] | I loved this story. | 我喜欢这个故事 |
[18:29] | It changed my thinking about higher education for women. | 让我改变了对于妇女接受更高教育的看法 |
[18:32] | My mother still believes | 我母亲仍旧认为 |
[18:34] | it’s scandalous for women to attend college. | 女人上大学是一件丢脸的事 |
[18:36] | It’s a forbidden topic. | 这是禁止讨论的话题 |
[18:38] | We’re also an informal book club, | 我还只是一个非正式的读书俱乐部 |
[18:40] | in case you hadn’t noticed. | 如果你们没有注意到的话 |
[18:41] | You can be next in line to read this after Margaret, | 你可以在排在Margaret后读到这本书 |
[18:44] | – if you like. – Thank you. | 如果你愿意的话 谢谢 |
[18:46] | Oh, I hope you’re a girl. | 哦 我希望你是个女孩 |
[18:48] | You’ll be a modern woman in a modern society. | 你会是现代社会的现代女性 |
[18:51] | – Times have certainly changed. – Indeed. | 时代确实变了 确实是的 |
[18:54] | My mother was quite disappointed when I came along. | 当我出生时我母亲很失望的 |
[18:57] | She only wanted boys. | 她只想要个男孩 |
[18:59] | Well, your farm is exceedingly large. | 嗯 你们的农场太大了 |
[19:01] | And now your Prissy is sitting for her college-entrance exams. | 而现在你的Prissy正准备考取大学呢 |
[19:05] | I want her to have every advantage in life. | 我希望她一路领先 |
[19:07] | And Jane. | 还有Jane |
[19:09] | You see? That’s feminism. | 你看看? 这就是女权主义 |
[19:12] | Good for you, Miss Cuthbert, for choosing a girl. | 你很棒 Cuthbert小姐 挑了个女孩 |
[19:15] | It’s very forward-thinking. | 思想非常超前 |
[19:18] | Treat yourself while you still have time. | 还有时间好好犒劳自己 |
[19:20] | – Oh! – [laughter] | |
[19:23] | And you’re educating her. Is she quite… bright? | 你在教育她吗? 她很…聪明吗? |
[19:26] | Oh, well, Anne’s inquisitive, that’s for sure and certain. | 哦 嗯 Anne很好学的 这个我很确信 |
[19:31] | She loves to read. | 她喜欢读书 |
[19:32] | She has a real appetite for learning. | 有强烈的求知欲 |
[19:35] | Are you hoping she’ll go into one of the feminine professions? | 你希望她将来成为一名女教授吗? |
[19:37] | Mm. Maybe she’ll be a teacher one day? | 嗯 或者她会成为一名老师? |
[19:40] | Perhaps so. | 也许吧 |
[19:41] | This is why we must strive to improve the curriculum | 这就是为何我们必须努力改变现状 |
[19:43] | for our girls. | 为了我们的姑娘们 |
[19:44] | Especially for those who are unlikely to marry. | 特别是那些不可能结婚的 |
[19:47] | At our last meeting, we were discussing the curriculum | 在我们上次会议上 我们讨论了现状 |
[19:50] | and perhaps compiling a list of suggestions. | 也许正要收集一些建议 |
[19:58] | – Bye. – [background chatter] | 再见 |
[20:10] | Come along, Anne. I can walk you partway home. | 走吧 Anne 我可以和你一起走一半的路回家 |
[20:14] | Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day | 想想明天是新的一天感觉就会很棒 |
[20:15] | with no mistakes in it yet? | 那明天不再犯错了? |
[20:18] | There must be a limit to the mistakes one person can make. | 一个人犯错总是有限的 |
[20:21] | I wanna get to the end of them, then I’ll be through with them. | 我不会再犯的 我会克服的 |
[20:24] | That’s a very comforting thought. | 这么想很好 |
[20:26] | Don’t worry, I’m sure the girls will come around | 别担心 我保证姑娘们会回来 |
[20:29] | to liking you real soon. | 喜欢你的 很快的 |
[20:31] | Maybe talk a bit less? | 也许少说些比较好? |
[20:34] | And… no mice. | 还有 不准说“老鼠”了 |
[20:39] | See you tomorrow, Anne. | 明天见 Anne |
[21:22] | And then when I heard you attended one of their… | 然后当我听说你参加也一个她们的 |
[21:24] | – their whatever you call its… – Meeting. | 她们的那个什么… 是会议 |
[21:27] | You could’ve knocked me over with a feather, that’s what! | 你让我大吃一惊 那什么! |
[21:30] | I’m mystified by you. | 我被你搞糊涂了 |
[21:32] | Shocked and mystified! | 很震惊 很糊涂! |
[21:34] | Marilla Cuthbert, Suffragette! | Marilla Cuthbert 女权斗士! |
[21:36] | – Oh, for heaven’s sake. – A Progressive Mother? | 哦 天呐 一位进步前卫的母亲? |
[21:39] | I’m still a bit surprised about the mother part myself. | 对于母亲这说法 我自己也还是很惊讶 |
[21:42] | Well, don’t ask me for my advice, | 嗯 别问我的建议 |
[21:43] | I’ve only had 10 children. | 我只生过十个孩子 |
[21:48] | Tell me everything. I mean it. Don’t leave out a single detail. | 告诉我所有事情 我是认真的 一点细节都别忘记 |
[21:52] | If you’re so curious, you should consider attending. | 如果你很好奇 你可以考虑参加的 |
[21:55] | Why on earth would I join a group of Young Mothers? | 为何我要参加一个年轻妈妈们的组织? |
[21:59] | Tea, please. I must have fortification. | 请倒茶 我得有所防御 |
[22:06] | It was a lively discussion. | 那是很活跃的讨论 |
[22:09] | Lively. Did you each take turns shouting atop a soapbox? | 活跃 你们是否每个人都站在一个箱子上轮流喊话? |
[22:13] | There was a lot of civilized talk about women’s education | 有许多文明的关于妇女教育的聊天 |
[22:16] | and social reforms. | 还有社会变革 |
[22:17] | Next you’ll be telling me you all burned your corsets | 下一次你会告诉我你烧光了你的紧身胸衣 |
[22:19] | and danced naked at Town Hall. | 在市政厅那里裸体跳舞 |
[22:22] | We ran out of time. | 我们在浪费时间 |
[22:26] | Admittedly, I felt rather at sea. | 我承认 我很困惑 |
[22:29] | There’s so much changing these days. | 这些年有很多的变化 |
[22:32] | So much I’d never thought about before. | 以前我从未思考过 |
[22:34] | Not that you’d ever thought about being a mother until Anne. | 直到有了Anne 你是从未考虑过成为以为母亲 |
[22:37] | That’s what I’m saying. | 我就这么说来着 |
[22:39] | What if… | 如果 |
[22:41] | what if I’m not equal to the task? | 如果我不胜任这份工作呢? |
[22:43] | Motherhood is simple. | 作为母亲很简单的 |
[22:45] | Controversial ideas just complicate the matter | 有争议的想法会让事情变得复杂 |
[22:47] | unnecessarily. | 没这个必要的 |
[22:49] | Matthew, did you condone this little adventure? | Matthew 是你放纵这样的小小冒险吗? |
[22:52] | Huh? I just come in for tea. | 嗯? 我只是进来喝口茶 |
[22:54] | So were you just fine and dandy | 那么你没意见了 |
[22:56] | with Marilla traipsing off? | 对于Marilla这样子闲逛? |
[22:58] | Don’t put him in the middle. | 别把他扯进来 |
[23:00] | I’ll, uh… I’ll just take it outside with me. | 我 我只是那点到外面吃 |
[23:03] | I’d like to hear what he makes of all this modern thinking. | 我想知道他是如何对待这些现代的思想 |
[23:06] | Um… | |
[23:08] | I reckon every new idea… was modern once. | 我认为每个新的想法 都曾经现代过 |
[23:12] | Until it wasn’t. | 直到不在现代为止 |
[23:18] | Well! | 说的很好 |
[23:22] | Well, well, well. | 很好 很好 |
[23:37] | Hi there! Hi, Jerry! | 你好 你好 Jerry |
[23:50] | You’ve become a woman of drastic actions of late. | 你会迟早变成一个激进极端的妇女 |
[23:53] | I barely know you anymore. | 我几乎都快不认识你了 |
[23:55] | You know, there’s a difference | 你明白的 这不一样 |
[23:57] | between having an opinion about something | 对于事情的看法 |
[23:58] | and pronouncing judgement! | 和下结论之间 |
[24:01] | I’m not sorry I went to that meeting, | 我去参加那个会议不后悔 |
[24:04] | even if it did serve to point out everything I don’t know. | 即使它确实支持那些我不知道的事情 |
[24:07] | Hmm! | |
[24:08] | I feel I need to expand my thinking if I’m going to do right by Anne. | 我觉得我需要开阔思想 如果让我正确对待Anne的话 |
[24:11] | That girl is not a usual sort of person, that’s for sure and certain. | 这孩子不是普通孩子 我很确信这个 |
[24:15] | At least we can agree on that. | 至少这一点我们是一致的 |
[24:19] | The two of you are an inspiration! | 你们两个真是我的灵感 |
[24:22] | To think that you’ve been friends since school. | 想想你们从在学校就一直是朋友 |
[24:25] | Kindred spirits forever! How do you do it? | 永远那么亲密! 你们如何做到的? |
[24:28] | What’s your secret? | 你们有什么秘方? |
[24:30] | How was your first day at school? | 上学第一天感觉如何? |
[24:32] | I think it went really, really well. | 我想非常棒 |
[24:33] | Very well indeed. I’m just so happy to be there. | 的确很棒 在那里我很快乐 |
[24:35] | I’ll just put my things away and | 我把东西去放好 |
[24:37] | then I’ll be right back down to help you with supper! | 然会马上下来帮你一起弄晚餐! |
[24:46] | Keep me posted about the next meeting. | 下次会议内容让我及时知道 |
[24:50] | If you like. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[24:52] | I’ll be happy to offer my opinion. | 我很乐意提出意见 |
[24:54] | – I have no doubt you will. | 这个我毫不怀疑 |
[25:20] | it must be like backwards multiplication. | 那一定是倒乘法 |
[25:23] | It can’t be that hard to figure out. | 应该不难计算的 |
[25:53] | Today will be better. | 今天会更好的 |
[25:55] | I’m not going to say anything weird or… | 我不再说写稀奇古怪的或者 |
[25:58] | do anything wrong. | 做错任何事情 |
[26:01] | You’re my friend, right, Belle? | 你是我的朋友 对吗 Belle? |
[26:04] | You’ll always be my friend, won’t you? | 你会一直是我的朋友 是吗? |
[26:07] | You bet. I’m so flattered. | 答对了 我受宠若惊 |
[26:10] | – You shouldn’t eavesdrop, Jerry. – E-what? | 你别老偷听 Jerry E什么? |
[26:23] | I just have to remember what Jane Eyre said: | 我只是记得Jane Eyre说过 |
[26:25] | “Life appears to me too short to be spent | 生命对于我来说似乎很短暂 |
[26:27] | in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.” | 不能再用来记仇蓄恨 |
[26:33] | Anne of Green Gables. | 绿山墙的Anne |
[26:36] | You and me… we’re gonna talk. | 你和我 我们得谈谈 |
[26:40] | You said some pretty nasty stuff about my sister. | 你对我姐姐额说了很肮脏的语言 |
[26:42] | – Who’s your sister? – Prissy Andrews, dummy. | 谁是你姐姐? Prissy Andrews 笨蛋 |
[26:46] | I’m sure I didn’t mean to be nasty. | 我保证不是故意的 |
[26:48] | Is that why she was crying all night? | 那她昨晚为何整夜在哭? |
[26:51] | My parents say that’s slander. | 我父母说那是诽谤 |
[26:55] | You wanna get slandered? | 你想要诽谤吗? |
[26:56] | – Sorry, I truly meant no harm. | 抱歉 我真的不是有意去伤害 |
[27:00] | I’m gonna teach you a lesson, Fido. | 我得个你点教训 小家伙 |
[27:02] | You’re a bad dog. | 你是一条坏狗 |
[27:04] | Bad little dog! | 小坏狗 |
[27:06] | Hey, Billy! | 嗨 Billy |
[27:13] | How’s it going? | 怎么了? |
[27:17] | Hey, Gilbert. | 嗨 Gilbert |
[27:19] | Man, it’s… it’s, um, it’s good to be back. | 哥们 该 该回去了 |
[27:22] | Uh… yeah… | 哦 是的 |
[27:25] | yeah, welcome back. | 是的 欢迎回来 |
[27:27] | Yeah, it’s good to see you, buddy. | 是的 很高兴见到你 伙计 |
[27:29] | So you guys playing a game or something? Right? | 那你们在玩游戏还是别的? 是吗? |
[27:33] | Looks fun, but we should probably get to school, eh? | 看起来很有趣 我们该去上学了 嗯? |
[27:37] | Hate to be tardy. | 我讨厌迟到 |
[27:39] | Mr. Phillips sure gets his dander up about that. | 那样Phillips先生会发怒的 |
[27:41] | Yeah. I was just about to get going. | 是的 我就要出发了 |
[27:45] | See ya there. | 那回头见 |
[27:50] | You all right, miss? | 你没事吧 小姐? |
[27:53] | – School… – You’re welcome. | 去学校 不客气 |
[27:57] | Need anything else? | 还有别的事情吗? |
[27:59] | Any dragons around here need slaying?! | 这里还有威胁的龙需要屠杀吗? |
[28:01] | No, thank you! | 不 谢谢你 |
[28:04] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[28:07] | Hey, who are you? | 你是谁? |
[28:16] | Uh, miss? | 小姐? |
[28:18] | What’s your name? Miss? | 你叫什么名字? 小姐? |
[28:22] | What, you can’t tell me your name? | 什么 你不能告诉我名字吗? |
[28:34] | Here. Allow me. | 等等 让我来开门 |
[28:43] | I’m sorry if I was rude. | 如果我很粗鲁请原谅 |
[28:46] | I’m Anne. | 我叫Anne |
[28:47] | – I’m… – [all]: Gilbert! | 我是 Gilbert |
[28:51] | How was the District of Alberta? | Alberta区那里怎样? |
[28:52] | Did you see the Rocky Mountains? | 你见到落基山了吗? |
[28:54] | – They’re pretty hard to miss. – Were they big? | 很难忘怀 那它们大吗? |
[28:57] | – They’re mountains. – Is your dad feeling better? | 它们是大山 你爸爸好点了吗? |
[29:00] | Uh, we’re both glad to be back home. | 我们都很开心你回来 |
[29:03] | Why were you walking with that orphan girl? | 你怎么和那孤儿女孩一起走来的? |
[29:06] | Why not? | 为何不呢? |
[29:07] | – She’s a loon. – Says you. | 她是个疯子 听你胡说 |
[29:09] | Hope you didn’t get any asylum cooties. | 希望你没传染到孤儿院虱子 |
[29:12] | – Uh-oh… there’s one. | 哦 这里有一只 |
[29:17] | Besides, I don’t care where she’s from. | 另外 我不在乎她从哪里来 |
[29:20] | A cute girl is a cute girl. | 一个可爱的女孩就是可爱 |
[29:27] | I don’t know what you think you were doing walking with Gilbert Blythe. | 我不清楚为何你会和Gilbert Blythe一起走路 |
[29:30] | – I… – You can’t talk to Gilbert Blythe. | 我 你不能和Gilbert Blythe说话 |
[29:32] | You can’t even look at him… Well, see for yourself. | 你甚至都不能看他一眼 你自己看看 |
[29:36] | Ruby has liked him for three years. | Ruby喜欢他有三年了 |
[29:38] | She has dibs. | 她有优先权 |
[29:40] | There, there. That nasty girl didn’t know any better. | 哦 哦 这恶心女孩什么都不懂 |
[29:44] | Just like yesterday, with all your tall tales. | 就像昨天 你的那些天方夜谭 |
[29:46] | I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to walk with him. | 我很抱歉 我不是有意和他一起走的 |
[29:48] | It just happened. | 是个巧合 |
[29:50] | Well, don’t let it happen again. | 那好 别再发生这样的事情了 |
[29:51] | I won’t. I promise. I’ll have nothing to do with him. | 不会的 我发誓 我和他没有任何关系的 |
[30:03] | I’ll try to smooth things over. | 我去安抚一下 |
[30:17] | There you are. | 给你 |
[30:22] | Mrs. Bell, how nice to see you. | Bell夫人 很高兴见到你 |
[30:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[30:26] | I’ve been wondering when the next meeting is. | 我一直想知道下一次会议什么时候开始 |
[30:29] | Well, actually, Miss Cuthbert… | 嗯 实际上 Cuthbert小姐 |
[30:31] | Oh, please call me Marilla. Everyone does. | 请叫我Marilla 大家都这么叫的 |
[30:34] | Miss Cuthbert… | Cuthbert小姐 |
[30:36] | we feel that our group isn’t the right fit for you. | 我们觉得我们的组织不合适你 |
[30:44] | I… I see. | 我 我明白 |
[30:45] | We understand clearly now that Anne needs | 我们现在很清楚Anne需要 |
[30:47] | all of your attention. You’ve got your hands full. | 你的全部关注 你会有得忙了 |
[30:52] | All of my attention? | 我的关注? |
[30:53] | Also, we urge you to consider home schooling. | 同时 我们也会督促你考虑一下在家教育 |
[30:56] | That would be best for all concerned. | 这样对大家都好 |
[30:58] | And we are concerned. | 我们都很担心 |
[31:01] | Good day to you. | 再见 |
[31:13] | What do you suppose happened with Anne… | 你认为Anne发生什么了 |
[31:15] | they don’t want her back in school? | 他们不希望她去学校? |
[31:17] | We’ll know soon enough. | 我们会知道的 |
[31:23] | They don’t want you back. | 她们不想让你参加会议 |
[31:25] | Leave me be, Matthew. | 别管我 Matthew |
[31:47] | Open your readers to page 32. | 打开书本32页 |
[31:50] | We will read aloud Barry Cornwall’s poem The Fisherman. | 我们会大声朗读Barry Cornwall的诗歌“渔夫” |
[31:54] | Finally, something I can do well. | 终于 有我擅长的东西了 |
[31:57] | – I’m happy for you, Anne. – Diana Barry. | 我为你高兴 Anne Diana Barry |
[32:00] | Stand and begin. | 站起来开始 |
[32:09] | “A… per-i-lous life, | 一个 危险的生命 |
[32:13] | and sad as life may be, | 也许生活会苦难 |
[32:17] | Hath the lone fisher | 那个孤独的渔夫 |
[32:18] | – on the lonely sea…” – Perilous indeed. | 在孤独的海上 确实很危险 |
[32:22] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[32:24] | New girl. | 新来的女孩 |
[32:26] | Up. Continue. | 站起来 继续 |
[32:34] | “O’er the wild waters labouring, far from home. | |
[32:38] | For some bleak pittance e’er compelled to roam. | |
[32:42] | Few hearts to cheer him through his dangerous life. | |
[32:46] | And none to aid him in the stormy strife. | |
[32:49] | Companion of the sea and silent air. | |
[32:53] | “The lonely fisher thus must ever fare…” | |
[32:56] | She’s good. Invested. | 她很棒 “买进” |
[32:58] | “Without the comfort, hope, – with scarce a friend, | |
[33:02] | he looks through life, and only sees – its end!” | |
[33:07] | Sit down! | 坐下 |
[33:09] | Sweet merciful Lord. | 可爱仁慈的主 |
[33:22] | – That was really different. | 这真的不一样 |
[33:24] | Josie Pye. | |
[33:26] | Read Campbell’s Pleasures of Hope, | 阅读Campbell的“期望的快乐” |
[33:28] | The Downfall of Poland. | “波兰的陷落” |
[33:30] | “O sacred Truth! | |
[33:32] | Thy triumph ceased awhile.” | |
[33:44] | Oh, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho. | |
[33:46] | I’ve got to fix a bit of fence down yonder. | 我得维修那边的篱笆 |
[33:50] | So… I’ve been meaning to attend to it. | 那个 我一直想弄好它 |
[33:52] | Lunch is in an hour. | 一个小时后午餐 |
[33:54] | Well, I best get it done, you know, before I forget again. | 嗯 我最好一次完工 你明白的 要不又忘记了 |
[33:58] | So I might, uh, might be late. | 所以或许 我会迟到的 |
[34:01] | Jerry’ll help you unload. | Jerry会帮你卸货 |
[34:07] | Walk on, Belle. Allons. | 走 Belle 来吧 |
[34:26] | Hey, uh, I, uh, thought you might like to try one. | 嘿 呃 我 呃 想你也许会喜欢这个 |
[34:30] | They’re from our orchard. They’re real sweet. | 我们自己家的 它们很甜的 |
[34:34] | Please go away. | 请走开 |
[34:35] | I beg your pardon? | 什么? |
[34:37] | You need to walk away right now. | 你必须得走开 |
[34:42] | I-I’m sorry, I, uh, can’t… | 抱歉 我 不能 |
[34:43] | I’m not supposed to talk to you! | 我不应该和你说话的 |
[34:47] | – Why not? – Argh! | 为什么? 哎! |
[35:11] | Well, as I live and breathe. | 嗯 我还活着呢 |
[35:13] | Matthew Cuthbert, what are you doing here? | Matthew Cuthbert你来这里干嘛? |
[35:15] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧? |
[35:17] | Uh… Anne. | 呃 是关于Anne的事情 |
[35:20] | Ah, yes. | 是的 |
[35:26] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[35:28] | I know the whole story. | 我知道所有事情 |
[35:40] | And the Andrews are fit to be tied. | Andrews一家很恼火 |
[35:46] | but I thought we ought to know, | 但是我想我们应该知道 |
[35:47] | and Rachel’s reliable in the knowing department. | Rachel的消息很可靠 |
[35:51] | Dear Lord, that child will put me in the grave. | 天呐 那孩子把我推进了坟墓 |
[35:57] | I cannot bear to think of her spewing such filth. | 我不能想象她说了这么下流的话 |
[36:00] | It worries me to no end. | 这让我非常担心 |
[36:03] | What a disgrace. | 多丢脸 |
[36:05] | Just wait until all of Avonlea hears about this, | 只要等到整个Avonlea都听说这件事情 |
[36:08] | if they haven’t already. | 如果他们还没知道的话 |
[36:09] | I feel worried for Anne… is what. | 我是担心Anne 那什么 |
[36:13] | Matthew Cuthbert, I don’t understand you at all. | Matthew Cuthbert 我根本不理解你的话 |
[36:18] | – That child is… – A child. | 那孩子是… 只是一个孩子 |
[36:23] | Burns me up! | 真的让我生气! |
[36:26] | A girl of her tender age, | 一个那么脆弱的年龄的女孩 |
[36:28] | she oughtn’t to know such things. | 她就不该知道那些事 |
[37:09] | Good afternoon, Mrs. Andrews. | 下午好 Andrews夫人 |
[37:11] | Good afternoon, Miss Cuthbert. | 下午好 Cuthbert小姐 |
[37:13] | I’m very sorry to disturb you, | 很抱歉打扰到你 |
[37:16] | but… I wanted to have a word with you | 但是 我想和你聊聊 |
[37:17] | about Anne… and your daughter, Prissy. | 关于Anen 还有你的女儿Prissy |
[37:20] | Forgive me if I don’t invite you in, but seeing as your… | 原谅我如果我没有邀请你 但是似乎你的… |
[37:24] | girl set about sullying my daughter’s good name, | 女儿在玷污我女儿的名声 |
[37:27] | I’m sure you can understand. | 我想你能够理解 |
[37:29] | I want to apologize for any discomfort this incident | 我想道歉这个事情带给你的不适 |
[37:32] | has caused Prissy and your family. | 给Prissy和她的家庭带来的不适 |
[37:35] | Discomfort? | 不适? |
[37:36] | My daughter is sorely aggrieved, as am I. | 我女儿非常痛苦 我也是 |
[37:40] | This outrage will not be forgotten | 这愤怒不会被这么快忘记 |
[37:42] | by anyone anytime soon. | 任何人任何时候 |
[37:44] | We are dreadfully sorry. | 我们非常抱歉 |
[37:47] | I’m sure Anne didn’t mean any harm. | 我相信Anne不是故意的 |
[37:49] | How would you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[37:50] | I beg your pardon? | 什么? |
[37:52] | Do you really know anything about her? | 你真的了解她的所有事情? |
[37:55] | You didn’t do Avonlea any favours bringing that… | 对Avonlea没任何好处 你把那个… |
[37:58] | trollop into our midst. | 小妓女带到我们当中来 |
[37:59] | I beg your pardon?! | 你说什么? |
[38:01] | I think you heard me plain. | 我想你很清楚地听到我说的了 |
[38:03] | Well, hear this: | 嗯 听着 |
[38:05] | You can hold Anne responsible for what she said… | 你可以抓住Anne所说过的话不放 |
[38:08] | I can and most certainly do. | 我当然会的 这很确定 |
[38:09] | …but you can’t hold against her | 但是你不能否定 |
[38:11] | what she’s seen or been exposed to. | 她看到的或者已经被揭发的 |
[38:14] | That’s not her fault. | 这不是她的错 |
[38:16] | That child has endured more than any of us can know or imagine. | 那孩子经历了比我们任何人能够知道和想象的还要多的事情 |
[38:21] | It’s a shame “progressive parenting” | “前卫进步的父母养育”组织是个耻辱 |
[38:22] | doesn’t seem to include compassion. | 似乎不包含同情心 |
[38:25] | But perhaps you’ll muster some up in church on Sunday | 但是也许你会召集一些人周日去教堂 |
[38:28] | and thank the good Lord | 去感谢上帝 |
[38:30] | that poor Anne has finally found safe haven. | 可怜Anne最终找到了安全的港湾 |
[38:33] | I know I will. | 我知道你会的 |
[38:35] | Good day. | 再见 |
[38:51] | Did you go to school, Mr. Cuthbert? | 你去上过学吗 Cuthbert先生? |
[38:52] | For a time. | 上过一段时间 |
[38:54] | I left… when I was about your age. | 当我在你这样年龄时就离开了 |
[38:57] | Do you know a word called “eedrope”? | 你知道有个单词 “eedrope”吗? |
[39:00] | Eedrop… | |
[39:03] | Anne told me not to do it. | Anne曾经告诉过我的 |
[39:05] | Eedrop. | |
[39:07] | Don’t think I know that one. | 我不知道这个词 |
[39:11] | I never saw Anne’s beat for knowing big words. | 我从未看到过Anne被难词击败过 |
[39:16] | I bet she does very well at school. | 我确信她学习会很出色 |
[40:12] | Whoops. | 嘿 |
[40:18] | Hey… | 嗨 |
[40:22] | Carrots! | 胡罗卜! |
[40:23] | – I’m not talking to you! | 我不想和你说话! |
[40:35] | You just did. | 你刚刚和我说过了 |
[40:42] | Shirley! | |
[40:43] | Get up here! Now! | 到这上面来! 马上! |
[40:48] | What a vicious display! | 多么邪恶的表现! |
[40:52] | Is this what they taught you in that orphanage? | 在孤儿院他们就是这么教育你的? |
[40:55] | Unacceptable! | 不可接受! |
[41:07] | “Anne Shirley has a very bad temper.” | Anne Shirley脾气很坏 |
[41:14] | Now, stand here and stay put. | 现在 站在这里别动 |
[41:15] | And the rest of you, pipe down!! | 其余的 给我安静! |
[41:19] | Let this serve as a lesson to you that we do not tolerate | 这个就当作你们的教训就是我们不能容忍 |
[41:23] | such displays of temper | 这样的表现 |
[41:26] | here in a civilized society. | 在这里 一个文明社会 |
[41:28] | It was my fault, sir. | 都是我不好 先生 |
[41:31] | I, uh, I-I teased her. | 我 我取笑了她 |
[41:32] | Quiet, Blythe. That is hardly an excuse. | 安静 Blythe 没有任何理由 |
[41:36] | Quiet, all of you, and return to your lesson. | 你们都给我安静 回到课本上 |
[41:41] | Thirty minus six divided by three equals… | 36除以3等于 |
[41:59] | Where do you think you’re going? | 你要去哪里? |
[42:07] | Shirley! | |
[42:11] | Get back here. | 回这里来 |
[42:20] | Shirley! | |
[42:48] | Anne! | |
[43:06] | There, there, child. | 没事 没事 孩子 |
[43:10] | I know. | 我知道的 |
[43:12] | I know just how you feel. | 我知道你的感受 |
[43:14] | You’ve been judged harshly. | 他们那么亲率下结论 |
[43:19] | I am never going back to school! | 我永远不要去那学校 |
[43:22] | Never! | 永远不去 |