时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Okay! We’re all set for prom. | 好了 我们都准备好参加毕业舞会了 |
[00:04] | I just booked us a limo | 我刚订了个豪华轿车 |
[00:05] | and paid extra to have them stretch it. | 并且多加了些钱 让他们把车再加长 |
[00:06] | I can’t wait. | 我简直迫不及待 |
[00:07] | But you know the deal. | 但你知道条件的 |
[00:08] | You have to complete your life skills list first. | 你必须先完成你的生活技能清单 |
[00:10] | I’ve been checking stuff off the list all week. | 我这一整周都在完成上面的技能 然后划掉 |
[00:12] | In fact, there’s only one item left. | 实际上 现在只剩一项了 |
[00:15] | Number 70 — “Teach Dad to shoot a three-pointer.” | 第70项 「教爸爸投三分球」 |
[00:18] | Why is this on the list? | 这项怎么会在清单上 |
[00:19] | Because it’s hilarious. | 因为这真的超好笑 |
[00:21] | Because I want Taylor to learn to communicate effectively | 因为我希望泰勒能学会高效地沟通 |
[00:24] | while also spending some time with you. | 同时也能多花点时间跟你相处 |
[00:25] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[00:26] | Mr. A, you’ll be shooting threes in no time | A先生 你肯定很快就能学会投三分球 |
[00:28] | because Taylor is an awesome teacher. | 因为泰勒是个极其出色的老师 |
[00:30] | If it wasn’t for her, | 如果不是她 |
[00:31] | I’d still be rocking Velcro shoes. | 我到现在都还在穿魔鬼粘的鞋子 |
[00:33] | The trick was to say “loops” instead of “bunny ears.” | 诀窍就是要说”扣环” 而非”兔耳朵” |
[00:36] | Trip didn’t like imagining tying bunny ears together. | 特里普不喜欢想象将兔耳朵绑在一起 |
[00:39] | Because then he couldn’t breathe. | 因为那样的话兔子就无法呼吸了 |
[00:43] | – Crom is gonna be the best. – The best. | -「库会」一定会是最赞的 -最赞的 |
[00:45] | You guys can’t go to prom. You’re sophomores. | 你们不能去参加毕业舞会 你们才念高二 |
[00:47] | That’s right. You losers are going to prom | 没错 你们这些废柴要去参加毕业舞会 |
[00:48] | while Cooper and I are attending the hottest party of the year. | 而库珀和我将参加年度最精彩的派对 |
[00:51] | Crom! | 「库会」 |
[00:52] | What the hell is Crom? | 「库会」是什么鬼 |
[00:54] | It’s the prom alternative Cooper’s throwing on his yacht | 就是库珀在他的游艇上举办的毕业舞会的替代品 |
[00:56] | that’s gonna be way better than any school dance. | 那绝对比任何学校舞会都要好玩 |
[00:59] | Crom has everything — | 「库会」拥有一切 |
[01:00] | Mock-tails, designer life vests, | 无酒精鸡尾酒 设计师名款救生衣 |
[01:02] | and DJ Khaled. | 以及DJ卡里德 |
[01:04] | At prom, Principal Ablin is spinning from 6:00 to 8:00. | 在毕业舞会上 6点到8点由阿布林校长主持 |
[01:06] | Then his deejay alter ego MouseFace | 然后他的DJ第二人格「鼠脸」 |
[01:08] | is taking over from 8:00 to 10:00. | 将在8点到10点接管过去 |
[01:10] | Do you want to help me pick out the hors d’oeuvres for Crom tonight? | 你想帮我选定今晚「库会」的开胃小菜吗 |
[01:12] | I’ve got five local caterers battling it out. | 有五家本地的宴席承办商正在大战呢 |
[01:15] | The winner not only gets the gig, | 赢家不仅会得到这个活儿 |
[01:16] | they become sous-chef for my Goldendoodles. | 还将成为我家黄金贵宾犬的副厨 |
[01:18] | I can’t. I have to go. | 我没空 我得走了 |
[01:20] | I have a shift at Teen Help Line. | 我要去青少年求助热线值班 |
[01:21] | But I’m a teen. I need help. | 但我也是青少年啊 我需要帮助 |
[01:23] | Do I serve seared foie gras with mission fig, | 我是该选无花果配爆炒肥肝 |
[01:25] | or do I go with the classic French Coquilles Saint-Jacques? | 还是选经典的法式巨海扇蛤呢 |
[01:28] | I hear you. | 我明白你的意思 |
[01:29] | It’s important to know that you’re not alone. | 很重要的一点就是知道你不是孤单一个人 |
[01:31] | Teens all across the country are going through exactly the same… | 全国的青少年都在经历跟你一样的… |
[01:35] | You know what? It doesn’t work with this. | 算了 这种心灵鸡汤不适合你的情况 |
[01:39] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[01:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[01:41] | Anna-Kat, don’t run off. | 安娜凯特 别跑 |
[01:42] | Come here and tell me about your day. | 来跟我说说你今天一天过得怎么样 |
[01:44] | Seriously? | 不是吧你 |
[01:45] | So, she’s officially a tween. | 她正式成为青少年了 |
[01:47] | I hate the yelling, but I do enjoy the part | 我讨厌大吼大叫的 但我很喜欢 |
[01:49] | where they think they’ve discovered The Beatles. | 他们自以为发现了披头士乐队的时候 |
[01:50] | She’s still a baby. | 她还是个小宝宝啊 |
[01:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:53] | How was the day with your friends? | 你今天跟朋友们过得怎么样 |
[01:55] | – Good. – What did you guys do? | -挺好的 -你们做了些什么 |
[01:57] | Stuff. | 事 |
[01:58] | Can you give me more than one word, please? | 能别就说一个词吗 |
[01:59] | Yes. Byeeeee. | 好的 再见见见 |
[02:05] | I’m getting iced out. | 我被冰封在外了 |
[02:06] | They say parenting is a long process of letting go. | 他们都说为人父母就是一个漫长的放手过程 |
[02:08] | It’s really a long process of getting yelled at and pushed away. | 其实是一个被吼和被推开的漫长过程 |
[02:10] | I don’t know why I let you talk me into having kids. | 我真不懂我为什么任由你说服我生孩子了 |
[02:14] | This is on you. | 这都是你的错 |
[02:25] | Principal Ablin just e-mailed. | 阿布林校长刚发邮件过来了 |
[02:27] | Apparently, | 显然 |
[02:28] | there have been instances of hurt feelings in Anna-Kat’s class, | 安娜凯特的班里 有人的感情被伤害了 |
[02:32] | and he wants the parents to talk to the kids about bullying. | 他希望家长们跟孩子谈谈霸凌的问题 |
[02:36] | I think that’s a very good idea. | 我觉得这主意很棒啊 |
[02:37] | You would. | 你当然这么认为 |
[02:39] | Principal Ablin is overreacting. | 阿布林校长绝对是反应过度了 |
[02:41] | When I was a kid, everyone got teased a little, | 我小的时候 每个人都偶尔会被捉弄啊 |
[02:43] | and it helped build character. | 那有助于塑造孩子的个性 |
[02:45] | – You were teased, too? – Of course not. | -你也被捉弄过吗 -当然没有 |
[02:46] | I did the teasing, and I built a lot of character. | 都是我捉弄别人 我帮助塑造了很多人的个性 |
[02:49] | If someone teased you, you would say, | 如果有人捉弄你 你就说 |
[02:50] | “Sticks and stones may break my bones, | “棍棒和石头或许会打断我的骨头 |
[02:52] | but words will never hurt me.” | 但言语永远伤害不了我” |
[02:53] | But words do hurt, Katie. | 但是言语也会伤人的 凯蒂 |
[02:54] | Not more than sticks! | 没有棍棒伤得那么狠 |
[02:56] | If we make a big deal about “instances of hurt feelings,” | 如果我们对于”被伤害感情的事”小题大做 |
[02:59] | then Anna-Kat will never become | 那安娜凯特永远不会成为 |
[03:00] | the strong person that we want her to be. | 我们希望她成为的那种强大的人 |
[03:02] | Interesting coming from a woman | 你说这种话还真有趣 |
[03:03] | who bullied her gym teacher until he quit his job. | 你当年把体育老师霸凌到让他辞职 |
[03:06] | It wasn’t my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[03:07] | He was a grown man named Carroll. | 他是个成年男子 却叫”卡罗尔” |
[03:08] | Blame his parents. | 怪他的父母吧 |
[03:12] | Okay, guys, I have a couple of prom calls on hold. | 听着 有好几通关于毕业舞会的求助电话在等着 |
[03:15] | We are going to have a high volume of them today | 今天一定会接到很多关于这事的电话 |
[03:17] | because it is the weekend of Westport prom. | 因为这周末是西港毕业舞会的举办时间 |
[03:19] | And Crom! | 以及「库会」 |
[03:21] | All dances can bring out feelings of rejection, | 一切的舞会都会激发出被拒绝的感觉 |
[03:23] | so this is a tough time for the kids. | 所以这对那些孩子们来说是艰难时期 |
[03:26] | And me. | 以及我 |
[03:27] | Deborah, with all due respect, | 黛布拉 无意冒犯 |
[03:29] | you don’t have to start every shift | 其实你不必在每次值班开始前 |
[03:30] | with a personal, traumatic story. | 都讲一个你自身的创伤故事 |
[03:32] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[03:34] | I wore a back brace in high school, | 我念高中时戴着后背矫形器 |
[03:35] | so nobody asked me to prom. | 所以没人邀请我去参加毕业舞会 |
[03:37] | My dad was my date. | 我的舞伴是我爸爸 |
[03:38] | All normal so far, but at the dance, | 到这里都很正常 但是在舞会上 |
[03:40] | he ditched me for the Prom Queen. | 他抛下了我 去勾搭舞会皇后了 |
[03:43] | But it all worked out | 但最终结果很好 |
[03:44] | because she is now my stepmother. | 因为现在她成了我的继母 |
[03:47] | Let’s have a great shift! | 祝大家值班愉快 |
[03:51] | Hello, this is Teen Help Line. | 你好 这里是青少年求助热线 |
[03:52] | What’s on your mind today? | 你今天有什么心事呢 |
[03:53] | Hi, I’m calling because I’m feeling kinda down. | 嗨 我打过来是因为我的心情有点低落 |
[03:56] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | 听你这么说我很遗憾 |
[03:57] | What’s making you feel this way? | 是什么让你有这种感觉呢 |
[03:59] | Prom, I guess. | 大概是因为毕业舞会吧 |
[04:00] | No one asked me out because of my looks. | 因为我的长相 没人约我一起去 |
[04:03] | That’s awful. | 那真是太糟心了 |
[04:04] | But remember, looks aren’t everything. | 但是记住了 长相并不是一切 |
[04:06] | It’s personality that counts. | 重要的是性格 |
[04:08] | You’re just saying that because it’s in the script. | 你这么说是因为脚本里写好了让你这么说 |
[04:11] | Okay, it’s in the script. But it’s true. | 好吧 脚本里的确这么写的 但这是实话 |
[04:14] | But you don’t even know if I have a good personality or not. | 但你都不知道我的性格好不好 |
[04:17] | Well, tell me about yourself. | 那跟我说说你自己吧 |
[04:19] | Who’s your favorite musician? | 你最爱的音乐人是谁 |
[04:20] | That’s a tough question. | 这个问题好难啊 |
[04:21] | You’re gonna have to give me a sec. | 你得给我一点时间 |
[04:22] | Well, you’re taking your time to think about it, | 你要慢慢花时间去想 |
[04:24] | – which makes you a thoughtful person. – Thanks. | -这说明你是个深思熟虑的人 -谢谢 |
[04:27] | Just as long as you don’t say Ed Sheeran or something, | 只要你别说是艾德·希兰什么的 |
[04:29] | you’re officially awesome. | 那你就真的很赞 |
[04:30] | Okay, I’ve thought about it. | 好吧 我想过了 |
[04:31] | My favorite musician is Ed Sheeran. | 我最爱的音乐人是艾德·希兰 |
[04:35] | Oh, look at that! You’re laughing. | 瞧啊 你笑了 |
[04:36] | What do you guys do when you make someone feel better? | 当你们成功开导了来电者后会做些什么 |
[04:38] | You get to, like, ring a bell or something? | 可以按铃庆祝什么的吗 |
[04:40] | Tickets spew out of a slot in the desk, | 桌上的凹槽会吐出一些票 |
[04:42] | and I redeem them at the prize counter. | 我可以去奖品中心兑换东西 |
[04:44] | If I get you to say, “That really helped,” | 如果我能让你说出”这真的帮到了我” |
[04:46] | I’ll have enough to get a bamboo back scratcher. | 我就能获得一个竹制的挠痒器了 |
[04:49] | Good to know. | 很高兴知道这点 |
[04:50] | Why aren’t you saying I really helped you? | 你为什么不说我真的帮到你了呢 |
[04:52] | Because then we’d be done talking, | 因为那样我们就没法继续聊下去了 |
[04:54] | and I’m not ready for that. | 我还没准备好接受这点 |
[04:58] | Ah, love that smile. | 我好爱这个笑容 |
[04:59] | When do you turn 18? | 你什么时候满18岁 |
[05:00] | Don’t answer that. | 别回答这个问题了 |
[05:09] | Are you sure that’s right? That seems kind of far. | 你确定这个距离没错吗 好像太远了啊 |
[05:11] | Don’t think about the distance. | 别想着距离 |
[05:12] | Just bend at the knees and follow through. | 屈膝 投球 就行了 |
[05:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:17] | Here goes nothing. | 那我就尽力一试吧 |
[05:21] | Okay, well, maybe think about the distance a little bit. | 好吧 或许你还是想着点距离吧 |
[05:25] | Dad, I see what you did wrong, but good news — | 爸 我发现你哪里做错了 但好消息是 |
[05:27] | it’s totally fixable. | 这是完全可以纠正的 |
[05:29] | In order to make the shot, you need to aim at the basket. | 为了投中 你需要瞄准篮框才行 |
[05:32] | I was. | 我瞄准了啊 |
[05:33] | Well, crap. | 完蛋了 |
[05:43] | So close! | 就差一点啊 |
[05:45] | Get there! | 快进去啊 |
[05:49] | That’s on me. | 那是我的错 |
[05:51] | Mr. A, I really want to go to prom with Taylor. | A先生 我真的很想跟泰勒一起去参加毕业舞会 |
[05:54] | Shooting a three-pointer is not that hard, okay? | 投进一个三分球并没有那么难 |
[05:56] | Just do what I do. | 照我这样做就行了 |
[05:56] | Just grab the ball and toss it in. | 抓住球 扔进去就行了 |
[06:02] | You don’t even have to look at the hoop. | 你根本就不需要看篮框 |
[06:03] | Just grab and toss it. | 抓住 扔出 |
[06:06] | See? | 瞧吧 |
[06:07] | I’m sorry, kids. | 抱歉 孩子们 |
[06:08] | I-I have played basketball before, | 我以前打过篮球 |
[06:10] | but for some reason, I can’t make this shot. | 但不知道是什么原因 我就是投不中 |
[06:12] | Taylor, you’ve completed your list except for this, | 泰勒 除了这项 你已经完成了清单上的所有项目 |
[06:15] | and that’s close enough. | 那已经够接近完美了 |
[06:16] | You have my permission to go to the prom. | 我允许你去参加毕业舞会 |
[06:18] | We’re going to prom! | 我们要去参加毕业舞会了 |
[06:20] | – No. – What? | -不行 -什么 |
[06:21] | I thought I was finally getting the hang of conversations. | 我还以为我终于能领悟到对话的要点了呢 |
[06:24] | I made a promise to check every item off that list — | 我对自己承诺过 必须完成清单上所有项目 |
[06:26] | every item. | 一项不落 |
[06:28] | And that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. | 那我就要做到 |
[06:29] | The whole point of this list | 这清单的意义 |
[06:30] | was to teach me to see things through | 就在于教导我要坚持到底 |
[06:32] | and not to be such a screw-up. | 不要当个半途而废的人 |
[06:33] | And I’m not gonna stop now. | 所以我现在绝不会放弃 |
[06:35] | But, babe, your dad is, like, so, so, so, so, | 但是 宝贝 你爸的篮球技术 |
[06:38] | so bad at basketball. | 烂穿地心啊 |
[06:40] | All sports, really. | 其实我所有运动技能都很烂 |
[06:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:45] | I guess it’s just a bunch of really old people | 感觉就是一群老人 |
[06:48] | who live in apartments in New York, | 住在纽约的公寓里 |
[06:49] | and there’s a monkey. | 还有只猴子 |
[06:50] | Yeah, I don’t get “Friends” either. | 就是啊 我也不懂《老友记》好看在哪里 |
[06:53] | Guys at school are idiots. | 你们学校的男生都是白痴 |
[06:55] | Anybody would be lucky to go to prom with you. | 任何人能和你一起参加舞会都是他们的幸运 |
[06:57] | Well, how about you? | 那你呢 |
[07:00] | How about me, what? | 我怎么了 |
[07:01] | Do you want to go to prom with me? | 你愿意和我一起去舞会吗 |
[07:05] | Oh, no, I made it awkward. | 糟了 我把气氛弄尴尬了 |
[07:07] | – It was stupid to ask. – Oh, no, no, no, no. | -我不该开口的 太傻了 -不 不是的 |
[07:09] | It’s just there’s a procedure here, and — | 只是热线回复有规定的标准程序… |
[07:11] | Forget I said anything. You helped me a lot. | 忘记我说过的话吧 你帮了我很多 |
[07:13] | You earned yourself that bamboo back scratcher. | 你可以获得那个竹制挠痒器了 |
[07:18] | You know what? Screw procedure. | 算了 管它什么标准程序呢 |
[07:21] | I’d love to go to prom with you. | 我很乐意和你一起去舞会 |
[07:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:24] | They don’t let me ask for your information, | 按规定我不能询问你的个人信息 |
[07:25] | so I’ll give you mine. | 所以我告诉你我的 |
[07:26] | My name is Oliver, and I live at 23 Woody Lane. | 我叫奥利弗 我住在伍迪街23号 |
[07:29] | Great. I’ll pick you up tomorrow night at 7:00. | 很好 我明晚7点去接你 |
[07:32] | See you then. | 到时见 |
[07:34] | Oh, you look happy. | 你看起来很开心 |
[07:35] | You’re making our callers happy. | 你把来电者哄开心了 |
[07:38] | D-Do you think I look happy? | 你觉得我看起来快乐吗 |
[07:40] | So happy. | 发自内心地快乐 |
[07:46] | If you got points for shooting the ball in our rose bushes, | 如果把球投进我们家玫瑰丛能得分的话 |
[07:48] | I’d be the leading scorer. | 我就是得分王啦 |
[07:55] | Our daughter is being bullied. | 我们家女儿被霸凌了 |
[07:58] | What? | 什么 |
[07:59] | I just found this in Anna-Kat’s backpack. | 我刚在安娜凯特的书包里发现了这个 |
[08:01] | “You suck. Tilly.” | “你烂透了 蒂莉留” |
[08:04] | Principal Ablin knew that my baby was being bullied, | 阿布林校长明知道我家宝贝遭人欺负 |
[08:06] | and his only response was an e-mail! | 他却只发一封邮件就完事了 |
[08:08] | I want that man to be given a swirly | 我诅咒那个男人的脑袋被人按进马桶 |
[08:10] | and shoved in a locker! | 整个人被塞进储物柜 |
[08:12] | What happened to “bullying builds character”? | 你不是说”霸凌塑造个性”吗 |
[08:13] | You didn’t marry me for my consistency, Greg! | 你娶我又不是因为我说话前后一致 格雷格 |
[08:15] | You married me for a body that you foolishly thought | 而是因为你蠢到以为我生完几个孩子 |
[08:17] | would stay the same after kids! | 还能保持原来的苗条身材 |
[08:19] | That’s on you. | 这事只能怪你自己 |
[08:25] | – Let’s not bring up the note to Anna-Kat. – Why not? | -我们别在安娜凯特面前提这事 -为什么不 |
[08:27] | I found it while doing my weekly deep snoop into her stuff. | 我是在每周例行偷翻她东西时发现的 |
[08:30] | Let’s just talk about bullying in general | 我们就泛泛地讨论霸凌话题 |
[08:32] | and see how she reacts. | 看她有何反应 |
[08:33] | Okay, but you really should stop snooping on the kids. | 好吧 但你真的不该再偷翻孩子们的东西了 |
[08:35] | Without my snooping, | 我要是不偷翻 |
[08:36] | we wouldn’t know anything about our children. | 我们就对孩子们的事一无所知了 |
[08:38] | And I also wouldn’t know that you’ve been shopping around | 我也不会知道你最近到处挑选 |
[08:40] | for a backyard chicken coop. | 后院鸡舍了 |
[08:42] | That’s not happening. Clear your browser. | 想都别想 清除你的浏览记录 |
[08:44] | I know you know how to do it. | 我知道你会操作 |
[08:48] | Anna-Kat, it’s time for bed. | 安娜凯特 该睡觉了 |
[08:52] | Anything you want to talk about? | 你有什么事想跟我们说吗 |
[08:53] | No. Good night. | 没有 晚安 |
[08:55] | But you know you can talk to us about anything, right? | 但你知道你任何事都可以和爸妈说的吧 |
[08:58] | Anything? | 任何事吗 |
[08:59] | Anything. | 任何事 |
[09:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:02] | I want to talk about you guys leaving | 我想聊聊你们离开我房间 |
[09:03] | and letting me go to bed. | 让我睡觉的事 |
[09:05] | Good night! | 晚安 |
[09:05] | We can talk about that… | 我们可以聊这个 |
[09:07] | …but we can also talk about bullying. | 但我们也可以谈谈霸凌 |
[09:11] | If you’re being bullied, you can come to us. | 如果你被霸凌了 你可以告诉我们的 |
[09:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:16] | I’m being bullied by a boy | 我正在被一个 |
[09:17] | whose breath smells like almonds | 散发杏仁味口气的男生 |
[09:18] | and a girl who dresses like a lazy lumberjack. | 和一个穿得像懒惰伐木工的女生霸凌 |
[09:21] | Good night! | 晚安 |
[09:30] | That was meaner than it needed to be. | 她没必要那么毒舌吧 |
[09:32] | Anna-Kat isn’t icing us out. | 安娜凯特是故意把我们推开的 |
[09:34] | She’s too afraid of her bully to talk to us. | 她太怕那个校园恶霸了 不敢跟我们说 |
[09:37] | This is bad. | 情况很严重 |
[09:37] | We have to figure out what to do. | 我们必须想个办法 |
[09:38] | It’s okay. You don’t have to worry. I’ll handle it. | 没事的 你无需担心 我会搞定的 |
[09:41] | Do you think saying “I’ll handle it” is reassuring? | 你觉得说”我会搞定的”能让我放心吗 |
[09:43] | Because it almost never is. | 因为这招几乎从来没成功过 |
[09:51] | What is the best way to get back at Anna-Kat’s bully — | 报复欺负安娜凯特的恶霸 最好的方法是什么 |
[09:55] | who’s a child — without breaking laws? | 对方是个孩子 我不能犯法 |
[09:57] | Just find an offensive word that rhymes with her name. | 想个和她名字押韵的骂人的词 |
[09:59] | You know, like Silly Tilly or Shrilly Tilly. | 比如”蠢猪”蒂莉 或者”尖嗓”蒂莉 |
[10:03] | It’s too bad her name isn’t Lanus. | 真可惜她不叫拉努斯[押韵”肛门”] |
[10:06] | I get a tad crazy when someone hurts Anna-Kat. | 每当有人伤害安娜·凯特 我就会发狂 |
[10:08] | When she was 3, | 她三岁那年 |
[10:09] | a little boy grabbed a juice box out of her hand, | 有一个小男孩抢走了她手中的果汁 |
[10:12] | and I bit him. | 于是我就咬了他 |
[10:12] | You bit a child? | 你咬了一个孩子吗 |
[10:14] | Calm down. Etiquette police over here. | 淡定点 真当自己是礼仪警察呢 |
[10:16] | Okay, just reach out to Tilly’s mom. | 你就直接联系蒂莉的妈妈 |
[10:18] | It’s the only reasonable approach. | 这是唯一合理的做法 |
[10:19] | Yeah, I guess you’re right. | 嗯 我想你说得对 |
[10:20] | I’ll invite Tilly’s mom out to lunch. | 我会邀请蒂莉妈妈共进午餐 |
[10:22] | Do you know how to make a horse noise? | 你会学马叫吗 |
[10:24] | What? | 什么 |
[10:28] | I don’t think so. Why? | 我应该不会 怎么了 |
[10:30] | Well, then, you could’ve gone with Tilly the Filly. | 你如果会 就能给她取名”小母马”蒂莉 |
[10:32] | But without the horse noise, it doesn’t work. | 但不配合马叫 就达不到效果 |
[10:40] | You’re ditching Crom to go to prom | 你居然抛弃「库会」 改去毕业舞会 |
[10:42] | with some lonely Teen Help Line chica loca?! | 还是跟一个通过热线认识的寂寞白人妞 |
[10:45] | I’m sorry, dude. It just happened. | 很抱歉 老兄 但事情就这么发生了 |
[10:46] | I want to go to Crom, | 我也想去「库会」 |
[10:47] | but I have to do the right thing. | 但我必须做正确的事 |
[10:49] | What if ditching your prom date is doing the right thing? | 如果抛下你的舞会女伴就是正确的事呢 |
[10:52] | I’m listening. | 说来听听 |
[10:53] | She hasn’t even confirmed! | 她都没跟你确认 |
[10:54] | She might be blowing you off. | 说不定她会放你鸽子 |
[10:55] | I’m not following, but I want to. Go on. | 我没听懂 但我想听懂 继续说 |
[10:58] | A senior girl asks out a sophomore to prom. Why? | 一个毕业班女孩邀请高二男生参加舞会 为什么 |
[11:01] | Because they made a connection over the phone? | 因为他们在电话里聊得很投缘吗 |
[11:04] | Don’t think so. | 怎么可能 |
[11:05] | She’s messing with you. | 她是在耍你 |
[11:06] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[11:07] | Because it’s funny and cruel, | 因为这很好玩 也很残忍 |
[11:08] | and that’s the world we live in. | 我们所在的世界就是这样 |
[11:10] | That makes so much sense. | 你说得好有道理 |
[11:12] | I’m not gonna spend my night being ridiculed. | 我才不要整晚被人嘲笑 |
[11:14] | I’m going to Crom! | 我要去「库会」 |
[11:15] | Yeah, and for doing the right thing, | 很好 由于你做了正确的事 |
[11:17] | here’s your reward. | 给你奖励 |
[11:21] | A dry cleaning receipt? | 干洗收据 |
[11:23] | For our matching tuxes. | 是我们的同款燕尾服 |
[11:26] | Crom! | 「库会」 |
[11:30] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[11:32] | You must be Stephanie. | 你一定就是斯蒂芬妮 |
[11:34] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[11:34] | Be cool. | 冷静点 |
[11:35] | This woman is not your enemy. | 这女人不是你的敌人 |
[11:36] | She’s just another mom trying her best. | 她也是一个努力养育孩子的母亲 |
[11:38] | Thank you for meeting with me. | 谢谢你愿意和我见面 |
[11:41] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[11:41] | Thanks for reaching out | 谢谢你主动找我 |
[11:42] | about the bullying that’s going on at school. | 谈校园里正在发生的霸凌情况 |
[11:44] | Well, I tried to play nice, | 我已经尽量友好了 |
[11:46] | but she clearly isn’t interested in a civil discussion. | 但她显然对文明讨论没兴趣 |
[11:49] | Listen, lady, your daughter is the bully. | 听着 女士 你女儿就是那个校园恶霸 |
[11:51] | – Tilly? – Yes, Tilly. | -蒂莉吗 -没错 蒂莉 |
[11:53] | She left this note in my daughter’s backpack. | 她在我女儿书包里放了这张字条 |
[11:57] | Normally, I wouldn’t judge a person’s parenting, | 一般我不会评判别人教育孩子的方式 |
[11:59] | but since you raised a bully, | 但由于你养出了一个恶霸 |
[12:01] | I can say that you’re a bad mom. | 我可以说你是个坏妈妈 |
[12:02] | And not in the fun Mila Kunis way. | 不是女星米拉·库妮丝那种好玩的坏 |
[12:04] | You’re Christina Applegate. | 而是克里斯蒂娜·艾伯盖特那种真正的坏 |
[12:05] | I don’t know what that means. I didn’t see the movie. | 我不知道那是什么意思 我没看过那部电影 |
[12:07] | Neither did I, | 我也没有 |
[12:08] | but the trailer made it quite clear. | 但看预告片已经很明显了 |
[12:10] | This note doesn’t mean what you think it means. | 这字条不是你以为的那样 |
[12:13] | It doesn’t say “You suck. Tilly.” | 上面写的不是 “你烂透了 蒂莉留” |
[12:15] | It says “You suck Tilly.” | 而是”你烂透了 蒂莉” |
[12:19] | I didn’t know who was leaving all of these notes | 我原本不知道是谁把这些字条 |
[12:20] | in Tilly’s locker, but now I do. | 放进蒂莉的储物柜 但现在我知道了 |
[12:24] | Anna-Kat has been bullying my daughter, | 安娜凯特一直在霸凌我的女儿 |
[12:27] | and I see where she gets it from. | 我终于明白她这是遗传自谁了 |
[12:37] | I just met with Tilly’s mom. | 我刚和蒂莉的妈妈见过面了 |
[12:40] | Anna-Kat is not being bullied. | 安娜凯特没被人霸凌 |
[12:42] | She’s the bully. | 她才是校园恶霸 |
[12:44] | – Anna-Kat? – Yes! | -安娜凯特吗 -是的 |
[12:46] | I can’t believe it, either! | 我也不敢相信 |
[12:47] | Where did she learn this behavior? | 这些行为她是从哪儿学来的 |
[12:48] | TV? Video games? | 电视吗 还是电动游戏 |
[12:50] | All the stories you tell about | 大概是你说过的那些 |
[12:51] | teasing the uncool kids when you were popular? | 你当年受欢迎时 捉弄那些书呆同学的故事 |
[12:54] | I’m sorry, Greg, but I don’t see the link. | 不好意思 格雷格 我没看出有什么关联 |
[12:55] | TV did it. | 都是电视教坏她的 |
[12:56] | Specifically that penguin documentary that you showed her last week. | 特别是你上周给她看的那部企鹅题材纪录片 |
[13:01] | I’m actually curious to see if you’ll stick the landing. | 我很想看看你能不能自圆其说 |
[13:03] | Those penguins were super mean | 那些企鹅对其它那些 |
[13:04] | to the other penguins that didn’t have eggs. | 没有蛋的企鹅非常刻薄 |
[13:06] | That’s bullying. | 那是霸凌 |
[13:07] | Now that I think about it, | 现在我仔细想想 |
[13:09] | this whole situation is your fault! | 这整件事都是你的错 |
[13:12] | Broke your leg on the dismount. | 下马时摔坏了腿 |
[13:13] | 指体操运动员凯丽·斯特鲁格 带着严重的脚踝伤比赛 被教练贝拉抱到领奖台上 | |
[13:13] | Béla Károlyi is carrying you off the mat. | 贝拉·卡罗里伊把你抬下垫子 |
[13:15] | How on Earth do you know nothing about sports | 你到底怎么会除了女子体操 |
[13:17] | except for women’s gymnastics? | 对运动一无所知 |
[13:23] | Anna-Kat, can you explain this? | 安娜凯特 你能解释一下这个吗 |
[13:26] | This is what I tell my friends — | 我对朋友是这么解释的 |
[13:28] | you thought he was rich. | 你当年以为我爸是有钱人 |
[13:29] | Not our marriage. This. | 不是让你解释我们的婚姻 是这个 |
[13:34] | Where’d you get those? | 你从哪儿弄到的 |
[13:35] | From Tilly’s mother. | 从蒂莉妈妈那儿 |
[13:36] | They’re yours, right? | 这都是你的 是吗 |
[13:38] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:39] | Look, I know it was wrong to write those notes, | 听着 我知道写这些纸条不对 |
[13:41] | but the cool girls said I should do it. | 但那些酷女孩说我应该写 |
[13:43] | They thought it was funny. | 她们觉得很好玩 |
[13:44] | And — I don’t know, I just… | 而且 我说不好 我只是… |
[13:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:48] | It’s not cool to be mean. | 刻薄并不酷 |
[13:50] | But you were cool. | 但你当年很酷啊 |
[13:51] | Okay, I’m partly to blame here, | 好吧 这里我要负一部分责任 |
[13:53] | but the penguin movie did not help. | 但那个企鹅影片也没起到什么好作用 |
[13:55] | When I was growing up, it’s true, | 在我成长的过程中 没错 |
[13:58] | I was one of the cool girls. | 我是酷女孩中的一个 |
[13:59] | I was the coolest. | 我是最酷的 |
[14:01] | I was the hottest, most popular girl in school. | 我是学校里最火辣 最受欢迎的女孩 |
[14:04] | Do you have a handle on this? | 你真明白现在的情况吗 |
[14:06] | But I didn’t raise you to be like me. | 但我没想把你养我这样 |
[14:09] | I raised you to be better than me. | 我希望你能比我更好 |
[14:12] | How adorable are we? | 我们有多可爱啊 |
[14:14] | Guys, not now. | 各位 现在不是时候 |
[14:15] | Why would you even do that to another girl? | 你为什么要那样对一个女孩 |
[14:18] | I don’t have a reason. | 我没有理由 |
[14:20] | I know what it’s like to be bullied for no reason. | 我知道被无理由地霸凌是什么感受 |
[14:22] | It all started when I made the winning shot in a basketball game. | 一切都是从我在篮球比赛里投中决胜球开始的 |
[14:25] | Back up a bit. | 等等 倒回去点 |
[14:26] | You were on a basketball team? | 你加入过篮球队吗 |
[14:28] | I was the equipment manager, | 我当年是设备管理员 |
[14:29] | but I did get to go in for one play in one game. | 但我确实参与了一场比赛中的一个环节 |
[14:31] | Tell us more because there’s no way this isn’t a funny story. | 多讲点 因为这肯定是个好玩的故事 |
[14:34] | I was a sophomore in high school. | 我当时念高二 |
[14:35] | My team was down by two. | 我的球队落后两分 |
[14:41] | Otto, you’re in. | 奥图 你上 |
[14:42] | Me? | 我 |
[14:43] | Yeah, it’s a jump ball, and you’re the tallest. | 没错 是个跳球 而你最高 |
[15:06] | Ball! Ball! Ball! Ball! | 球 球 球 球 |
[15:12] | Pass the ball! | 传球 |
[15:36] | You shot it in the wrong hoop, Otto. | 你投错了篮筐 奥图 |
[15:37] | You lost us the game. | 你害我们输了比赛 |
[15:38] | Oh, no. | 不要啊 |
[15:42] | Still. It feels nice to be appreciated. | 但被感激还是感觉挺好的 |
[15:45] | Man, you’ve been Gregging stuff up since you were a kid, huh? | 天 你从小就这样”格”外会搞砸事情了 对吧 |
[15:48] | I made the winning shot, just for the wrong team. | 我投进了决胜球 只不过贡献给了敌队 |
[15:50] | I must’ve blocked that part out. | 我肯定是自动屏蔽了那一段 |
[15:52] | I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact | 我不知道那和我现在 |
[15:54] | that I can’t make a three-pointer now. | 无法投三分球有没有关系 |
[15:55] | At Teen Help Line, we’re taught that childhood bullying | 在青少年求助热线 我们学到 童年的霸凌 |
[15:57] | can have long-lasting effects even into adulthood. | 会有持续影响 甚至一直到成年期 |
[16:00] | And that’s why you need to apologize to Tilly. | 所以你需要向蒂莉道歉 |
[16:03] | – I will. – But that’s not all, Anna-Kat. | -我会的 -但那还不是全部 安娜凯特 |
[16:06] | I’m finally following through with the punishment | 我终于要实施那个 从你5岁起 |
[16:08] | that I’ve been threatening you with since you were 5. | 我就用来威胁你的惩罚 |
[16:11] | – I’m signing you up for soccer. – No. | -我要给你报名足球队 -不 |
[16:13] | And you’re going to go to every practice and every game, | 而且你每次练习 每场比赛都要去 |
[16:15] | and I’m going to buy your father a little foldy chair, | 我会给你爸买一把小折叠椅 |
[16:17] | and he’s gonna sit on the sidelines and cheer you on. | 他会坐在场外 给你加油 |
[16:19] | And I will watch from the car where there’s air conditioning. | 我会坐在有空调的车里观看 |
[16:23] | Thanks for telling me that story, Mr. Otto, | 谢谢你分享这个故事 奥图先生 |
[16:25] | because now I know Oliver can’t go to Crom. | 因为现在我知道奥利弗不能去「库会」 |
[16:27] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[16:28] | We both know your prom date probably isn’t a prank. | 我们都知道你的女伴很可能不是恶作剧 |
[16:31] | She’ll show up here, realize you blew her off, | 她会来这里 发现你放了她鸽子 |
[16:33] | and go home and sit on her couch in her prom dress, all devastated. | 然后回家穿着礼服坐在沙发上 心碎欲绝 |
[16:38] | You heard your dad’s story. | 你听到你爸的故事了 |
[16:40] | If you ditch her, it could bum her out for life. | 如果你抛下她 可能会让她失望一辈子 |
[16:44] | I’ll go to prom. | 我会去毕业舞会 |
[16:46] | But I’ve gotta say, | 但我必须说 |
[16:47] | this new empathetic version of me? | 这个有同理心的新版本的我 |
[16:48] | I don’t care for it. | 我不是很喜欢 |
[16:52] | Mom, I guess you have to fire up “Dirty Dancing.” | 妈 大概你只能播放《辣身舞》给我们看了 |
[16:55] | Trip and I are staying home tonight. | 我和特里普今晚要留在家里 |
[16:56] | No. | 不 |
[16:57] | After my realization, | 我领悟后 |
[16:58] | I feel like a weight has been lifted. | 感觉肩上的重担被放下了 |
[17:00] | I’m gonna try the three-pointer one more time. | 我要再试一次投三分球 |
[17:02] | Alright, Dad! | 太好了 老爸 |
[17:03] | Get out there and remember everything I taught you. | 赶快上场 牢记我教给你的一切 |
[17:05] | Wait, Mr. A, you’re forgetting your magical headband! | 等等 A先生 你忘了你的魔力发带 |
[17:08] | I don’t need it anymore, Trip. | 我不再需要了 特里普 |
[17:10] | The magic is inside me. | 魔力已在我心中 |
[17:17] | – You’ve got this, babe. – Let’s go, Dad. | -你可以的 宝贝 -上吧 老爸 |
[17:18] | Come on, Mr. A. Nothing but net… | 加油 A先生 不过是网罢了 |
[17:20] | or rim or backboard. | 或者筐 或者板 |
[17:23] | Or really anything. Just get it in. | 或者是任何东西 投中就好 |
[17:26] | Let’s go, Dad! | 上吧 老爸 |
[17:31] | I hit the rim! | 我碰到了篮筐 |
[17:32] | You’re so close! Keep going, Dad! | 差一点就进了 继续加油 老爸 |
[17:34] | Hey, I think your date’s here. | 嘿 你的女伴好像到了 |
[17:36] | It’s just one night, right? I’ll make the best of it. | 就一晚 对吧 我会好好利用的 |
[17:44] | Is that Lindsey Coolidge? | 那是琳赛·柯立芝吗 |
[17:46] | Are you my prom date? | 你是我的舞伴吗 |
[17:47] | Yes, I am. | 是的 我是 |
[17:48] | Oh, oh, no, he’s kidding. | 不 他开玩笑呢 |
[17:49] | I’m the one who talked to you on the phone. | 我才是那个和你通电话的人 |
[17:51] | Oliver Otto. | 奥利弗·奥图 |
[17:52] | Hi, Lindsey. | 嗨 琳赛 |
[17:53] | Oh, hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[17:54] | Oh, Lindsey, these are my parents. | 琳赛 这是我父母 |
[17:57] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. | -很高兴认识你 -很高兴认识你 |
[18:00] | She’s going to the prom with Oliver? | 她要和奥利弗一起去毕业舞会吗 |
[18:01] | Just another in the long line of Otto men | 又有一个奥图家的男人 |
[18:03] | punching above their weight. | 超水平发挥了 |
[18:05] | – You ready? – Yes. | -你准备好了吗 -是的 |
[18:07] | Just one quick question. | 有个小问题 |
[18:09] | You said no one asked you to prom because of your looks. | 你说因为你的长相 所以没人约你去毕业舞会 |
[18:11] | Every guy at school either thought I had a date | 学校里的所有男生 不是觉得我已经有舞伴了 |
[18:13] | or was too intimidated to ask. | 就是没胆子来邀请我 |
[18:16] | Have fun at Crom. | 去「库会」玩得开心 |
[18:21] | What the…? | 搞什么… |
[18:21] | My helicopter’s here to take me to Crom. | 我的直升机来接我去「库会」了 |
[18:25] | Oh, our ride’s here, too. | 我们的车也到了 |
[18:28] | Greg, it’s time. | 格雷格 是时候了 |
[18:31] | Throw me the rock. | 把球给我 |
[18:50] | You did it, Dad! | 你做到了 老爸 |
[18:51] | Taylor! You finished the list! | 泰勒 你完成了清单 |
[18:55] | Pilot, set that spotlight to disco! | 飞行员 把聚光灯调成迪斯科 |
[18:58] | Music! | 音乐 |
[19:05] | Your family seems like fun. | 你家人似乎很有趣 |
[19:07] | Yeah, you caught us on a good night. | 得了吧 你恰好赶上我们表现好的时候 |
[19:27] | Okay, mark. Here we go. | 准备 开始 |
[19:29] | I got the high score on Pop-a-Squat. | 我玩”蹲地拉屎”拿到了最高分 |
[19:31] | Pop-a-Squat? | 蹲地拉屎 |
[19:32] | So, you crapped in the parking lot | 所以你在停车场拉屎 |
[19:34] | – and got a… got an award? – Basically, Greg. | -还得了奖… -基本上 格雷格 |
[19:35] | I’ve never been more proud of the Otto family. | 我从未如此以奥图家族为傲过 |
[19:37] | Well, Dr. Ellie’s class is for special education. | 埃莉医生的班是特殊教育班 |
[19:40] | Oh. Sorry, I hit the horn. | 抱歉 我压到了喇叭 |
[19:43] | Batman! | 蝙蝠侠 |
[19:44] | Cut! | 卡 |
[19:45] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:48] | Glittermane is single again. | 「亮鬃」又恢复单身了 |
[19:59] | Remember when we were trying to sleep train Anna-Kat | 还记得我们之前试图给安娜凯特做睡眠训练 |
[20:01] | and you… | 而你… |
[20:01] | …crashing in her crib | …睡在她的摇篮里 |
[20:03] | Remember when you tried to sleep train… | 还记得你试图做睡眠训练… |
[20:05] | Remember when you tried to sleep train… | 还记得你试图做睡眠训练… |
[20:11] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:17] | All right, last question of round one. | 好了 接下来是第一轮的最后一个问题 |
[20:19] | On the Risk board, | 在《战国风云》游戏地图上 |
[20:20] | what territories border Kamchatka? | 和堪察加半岛相邻的领地是什么 |
[20:23] | – Oh, no. What’s the oldest child’s name? – Taylor. | -不好 最大的孩子叫什么来着 -泰勒 |
[20:28] | Isn’t it amazing? | 瞧这多完美 |
[20:31] | – Isn’t it amazing? -Isn’t it amazing? | -这多完美 -这多完美 |
[20:33] | Of course. I sounded really drunk at the top of that. | 当然 我听起来像喝醉了一样 |
[20:35] | – Can I do one more time. – And he’s boozing it up! | -我能再来一次吗 -他又要撒酒疯了 |
[20:38] | – One second. – Is this a joke? | -等一下 -这是玩笑吗 |
[20:39] | I’m sorry, can we get a wipe for her feet? | 抱歉 能拿张湿巾给她擦脚吗 |
[20:45] | I know, it’s so ticklish. | 我知道这很痒 |
[20:47] | The weekly lasagna tournament just canceled their poker order. | “千层面周赛”组织者刚刚取消了扑克订单 |
[20:50] | Why are all of our clients canceling? | 为什么我们的顾客都取消了 |
[20:52] | – That wasn’t right. – I was like, | -我说得不对 -我心想 |
[20:53] | “When in doubt, it’s my time to talk.” | “只要心里觉得疑惑 就说明到我说台词了” |
[20:59] | – I’m sorry. – It’s ok. | -我真抱歉 -没关系 |
[21:01] | I pushed the zombie away. | 我把僵尸推开了 |
[21:03] | I was looking at the Venn diagram, | 我刚刚看了下文氏图 |
[21:04] | and I think I discovered something we have in common. | 我觉得我发现了我们的共同点 |
[21:07] | That’s amazing. What is it? | 太棒了 是什么 |
[21:09] | We are on a television show together. | 我们一起演了一个电视剧 |
[21:11] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对 |
[21:12] | – Amazing. – I know. | -太棒了 -没错 |