时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Mom, you made another lasagna? | 妈 你又做了一份千层面吗 |
[00:05] | I’m just staying busy. | 我只是想忙起来 |
[00:07] | Because you’ve been unemployed for three months | 因为你已经失业三个月 |
[00:09] | and the kids are gone all day at school, | 而孩子们全天上学 |
[00:10] | so you’re feeling purposeless? | 所以你觉得毫无目的吗 |
[00:12] | Where the hell are you getting that? | 你从哪儿看出来的 |
[00:14] | Ladies’ Home Journal. | 《女子居家杂志》上 |
[00:15] | I was killing time waiting for my dentist appointment. | 我等牙医的时候看看打发时间 |
[00:17] | Ooh, also, I learned how to make a “She shed.” | 我还从杂志上学到了怎么打造”女性空间” |
[00:21] | We need to do something about my clothes. | 关于我的衣服 我们得做点什么 |
[00:23] | See? | 你看 |
[00:24] | I have a purpose. | 我有目标 |
[00:26] | What do you need, honey? | 你需要什么 宝贝 |
[00:27] | Now that I’m out of special ed, | 现在我不用接受特殊教育了 |
[00:29] | I have to start dressing like someone | 我的穿衣风格该改一改 |
[00:30] | who doesn’t have her mittens sewn into her jacket. | 不要像一个把手套缝在外套上的人了 |
[00:32] | Mommy stands ready to help. | 妈妈时刻准备着帮你 |
[00:35] | Actually, I don’t need your help. | 实际上 我不需要你的帮忙 |
[00:37] | In fact, you’re part of the problem. | 事实上 你就是问题的一部分 |
[00:39] | Every piece of clothing I own has fruit on it. | 我的每件衣服上都有水果 |
[00:42] | This skirt is covered in bananas. | 这条裙子上满是香蕉 |
[00:44] | Tell me — what were you thinking? | 告诉我 你当初在想什么 |
[00:45] | Well, maybe she was just — | 也许她只是… |
[00:47] | Don’t defend her. | 别冒犯她 |
[00:49] | I want Taylor to take me. | 我想让泰勒带我去 |
[00:51] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[00:52] | Taylor, take Anna-Kat shopping tomorrow. | 泰勒 明天带安娜凯特去买衣服 |
[00:54] | I’ve got things going on! | 我有自己的事要做 |
[00:55] | Unlike you, I have a life. | 不像你 我有生活 |
[00:56] | Learning to take responsibility is also on your list of things | 学会承担责任也在你的清单上 |
[01:00] | you need to accomplish before you go to college. | 你去上大学之前要完成的项目清单上 |
[01:03] | Come on, there’s so many other ways | 拜托 还有很多其他的方式 |
[01:04] | I could take responsibility. | 让我承担责任 |
[01:06] | Such as? | 比如说 |
[01:09] | I was hoping there wasn’t gonna be a follow-up. | 我没想到还会有”比如说” |
[01:11] | I mean, what if she only wants to dress like Eleven | 万一她只想打扮得像《怪奇物语》里的十一 |
[01:12] | from “Stranger Things”? | 怎么办 |
[01:18] | Just use your best judgment. | 用你的最佳判断帮她 |
[01:20] | Best judgment? Do I have that? | 最佳判断 我有吗 |
[01:22] | – Katie? – In the kitchen! | -凯蒂 -我在厨房 |
[01:24] | What?! | 什么 |
[01:25] | I thought we discussed | 我们不是商量好了 |
[01:25] | we weren’t gonna have conversations in different rooms! | 不在不同房间互相喊话吗 |
[01:28] | – What?! – I’m coming! | -什么 -我来了 |
[01:30] | This is 90% of marriage. | 这就是90%的婚姻生涯 |
[01:32] | What’s the other 10%? | 剩下的10%是什么 |
[01:34] | Wondering what life would be like if we didn’t have… | 好奇生活会是什么样子 如果我们没有… |
[01:38] | pets. | 宠物 |
[01:43] | Despite the nonstop tenement-style hollering in this house, | 尽管房子里不停有人叫喊 |
[01:46] | I finished my Teen Help Line application. | 我还是完成了青少年求助热线的申请 |
[01:48] | That’s great, honey! | 太棒了 亲爱的 |
[01:49] | Next step, rock this interview. | 下一步 准备面试 |
[01:51] | I think you could really benefit by helping those in need. | 我认为你帮助这些人 也可以收获颇多 |
[01:54] | I know I can benefit. | 我知道我会有所收获 |
[01:56] | This is exactly the sappy, | 这正是哈佛想要的那种 |
[01:57] | humanitarian garbage Harvard is looking for. | 精力充沛又博爱的垃圾 |
[01:59] | Katie! | 凯蒂 |
[02:00] | I’m gonna go drop this off at the Teen Help Line offices now. | 我现在要去青少年求助热线办公室投递简历了 |
[02:03] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[02:04] | You too. | 你也是 |
[02:06] | With what? | 我怎么了 |
[02:08] | The fact that you don’t know makes me even sadder. | 你不知道 反而让我更难过了 |
[02:12] | What?! | 什么 |
[02:13] | Why are you calling me? | 你为什么叫我 |
[02:15] | Is there another moth? | 又有飞蛾了吗 |
[02:16] | Crazy news. I just got off the phone with Stan. | 超疯狂 我刚和斯坦打完电话 |
[02:19] | He and Chloe are back together. | 他和克洛伊复合了 |
[02:20] | How is that possible? | 怎么可能 |
[02:22] | Stan left Chloe | 斯坦抛弃了克洛伊 |
[02:23] | and married that woman half his age. | 和只有他一半年纪的女孩结婚了 |
[02:25] | Chloe hates him. | 克洛伊恨他 |
[02:26] | “Hated.” | “恨过” |
[02:27] | On his honeymoon, Stan had a stroke. | 蜜月时 斯坦中风了 |
[02:30] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[02:31] | He’s okay, but his new wife | 他没事 但他的新妻子 |
[02:33] | annulled the marriage and left him. | 取消了婚礼 离开了他 |
[02:35] | I was thinking of inviting some of the guys | 我准备邀请一些历史协会的兄弟们 |
[02:36] | from the Historical Guild over to welcome him home. | 过来一起欢迎斯坦回家 |
[02:38] | Do you know what that means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[02:39] | Now that Stan is back in your life, | 现在斯坦回到了你的生活里 |
[02:41] | Chloe is back in mine. | 克洛伊就会回到我的生活里了 |
[02:43] | Honey, if you would just — | 亲爱的 如果你可以… |
[02:44] | If I would just what? | 如果我什么 |
[02:48] | Let’s end it here. I don’t feel safe. | 谈话到此为止吧 我觉得有陷阱 |
[02:58] | There are a lot of jobs out there for women your age. | 现在有很多工作 给你这个年纪的女人 |
[03:01] | The dean’s wife started selling this organic makeup line. | 院长的妻子开始销售有机化妆品 |
[03:04] | She has this cool trunk, | 她有一个工具箱 |
[03:05] | and she takes it to her friends’ houses, | 她会带着箱子去她朋友家 |
[03:07] | and they drink wine and put their faces on together. | 她们会一起喝酒 然后一起化妆 |
[03:12] | How stupid is that? | 也太蠢了 |
[03:14] | I have every faith you’re gonna find something | 我相信你可以找到 |
[03:16] | that’s perfect for you. | 完美的工作 |
[03:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[03:18] | So, what’s the plan for tonight? | 所以 今晚有什么计划 |
[03:20] | Oh, glad you asked. | 很高兴你问起这事了 |
[03:21] | When a wounded soldier returns home, | 当一位伤员回家时 |
[03:22] | we celebrate him with a meal and a song. | 我们会用一顿饭和一首歌祝贺他 |
[03:25] | – ♪ Come join — ♪ – Heard enough. | -*过来加入* -听腻了 |
[03:28] | Hey, Oliver. Is everything okay? | 奥利弗 一切还好吗 |
[03:29] | No, everything is not okay. | 不 糟透了 |
[03:31] | When I dropped off my Teen Help Line application, | 我去递交青少年求助热线的申请书时 |
[03:34] | I talked with all these other kids who are a lock to get accepted. | 和一些确定会被录取的孩子们聊了聊 |
[03:37] | One was an orphan, one was a refugee, | 有一个是孤儿 有一个是难民 |
[03:40] | one had just come from donating a kidney to a complete stranger. | 有一个刚刚向陌生人捐赠了肾脏 |
[03:43] | Just to screw with your life. | 就为了毁掉你的生活 |
[03:45] | I know! | 就是啊 |
[03:46] | There’s no way I’m getting in. | 我肯定不会被录取了 |
[03:47] | I haven’t suffered enough. | 我受的苦不够多 |
[03:49] | I mean | 我是说 |
[03:50] | I suffer… | 我受苦 |
[03:53] | but this isn’t the kind of suffering | 但这不是 |
[03:54] | that impresses professional do-gooders. | 会打动专业慈善家的那种受苦 |
[03:57] | I don’t have an angle. | 我没有优势 |
[03:58] | I wouldn’t worry about it. | 我不会太过担心 |
[03:59] | If you don’t get into this program, | 如果你加入不了这个项目 |
[04:00] | you’ll find something else that’ll make you stand out. | 你肯定会找到其他项目 让你脱颖而出的 |
[04:02] | Dad, Teen Help Line is incredibly prestigious. | 爸 青少年求助热线非常有声望 |
[04:05] | If I don’t get in, | 如果我加入不了 |
[04:06] | I can kiss Harvard goodbye. | 我可以直接和哈佛说再见了 |
[04:07] | Can we do 23andMe? | 我们可以做基因检测吗 |
[04:09] | Find out I’m Inuit? | 发现我是因纽特人 |
[04:10] | Navajo? | 或者纳瓦霍人 |
[04:11] | I won’t do genetic testing. | 我不会去做基因检测的 |
[04:13] | I don’t want the relatives I have now. | 现在的亲戚我都不想要 |
[04:15] | Why would I go digging up more? | 我为什么还要再找更多亲戚来 |
[04:18] | Be always at war with your vices | 永远与恶习交战 |
[04:20] | and at peace with your neighbors. | 与邻居和平共处 |
[04:22] | Hear! Hear! | 听啊 听啊 |
[04:25] | We’re here. | 我们来了 |
[04:27] | Hey, Stan! | 斯坦 |
[04:28] | Look who’s back! | 看看谁回来了 |
[04:29] | Jinx! You owe me a mead! | 异口同声 你欠我一顿蜂蜜酒 |
[04:32] | Good to see you, buddy. Come on in. | 见到你真好 兄弟 快来 |
[04:35] | – Katie. – Chloe. | -凯蒂 -克洛伊 |
[04:37] | I have to say, I was surprised to hear that you took Stan back. | 我必须说 我没想到你会重新接受斯坦 |
[04:40] | It was very big of you. | 你心胸很宽广 |
[04:42] | Listen, just because last year, | 听着 就因为去年 |
[04:43] | we had one fleeting moment of not hating each other | 我们有过一个不恨对方的瞬间 |
[04:46] | doesn’t mean we’re throwing on the jammies | 不代表我们要穿上睡衣 |
[04:47] | and braiding each other’s hair. | 互相梳头发 |
[04:49] | I mean, with our wildly different sizes, | 我们体型相差这么多 |
[04:51] | we could make a great comedy duo, but friends? | 也许能组合成不错的喜剧二重奏 但朋友 |
[04:54] | Get real. | 认清现实吧 |
[04:56] | So relieved. | 那我就放心了 |
[04:57] | Hating you is the greatest joy of my life. | 恨你是我人生最大的快乐 |
[04:59] | Besides my kids. | 我孩子们除外 |
[05:01] | Actually, it goes Anna-Kat, Taylor, hating you, Oliver. | 其实顺序是安娜凯特 泰勒 恨你 奥利弗 |
[05:05] | But I’m telling you, waterfall ice climbing | 但我告诉你 瀑布攀冰岩 |
[05:07] | has nothing on para-hawking. | 和滑翔伞根本没法比 |
[05:09] | The rush you get flying next to raptors — | 你与猛禽并肩齐飞的刺激感 |
[05:11] | ooh, it is quite exhilarating. | 简直爽到无以复加 |
[05:12] | Let me tell you, sir. | 千真万确 先生 |
[05:14] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[05:15] | But, of course, now I’m on my greatest adventure of all — | 当然了 现在我踏上了最棒的冒险之旅 |
[05:17] | being back with my darling Chloe. | 和我亲爱的克洛伊重新在一起 |
[05:20] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[05:22] | Game night, huh, gentlemen? | 游戏之夜吗 各位先生 |
[05:23] | Yeah, we’re playing Truth or Dare, | 对 我们在玩真心话大冒险 |
[05:25] | George Washington-style — all truths. | 乔治·华盛顿风格 全是真心话 |
[05:28] | Well, you better watch this guy, | 你们最好看紧这家伙 |
[05:29] | ’cause he loves to cheat! | 因为他喜欢骗人[意同出轨] |
[05:31] | One truth for Chloe! | 克洛伊说了句真心话 |
[05:33] | No more ale for you, Ross! | 没有啤酒给你了 罗斯 |
[05:35] | Here it is, boys. | 来了 小伙子们 |
[05:36] | The lasagna Paul Revere served | 保罗·列维尔独家千层面 |
[05:38] | at the Battle of You Guys Are Nerds. | 专供你们全是呆瓜游戏之夜 |
[05:42] | Lasagna? | 千层面 |
[05:43] | Not surprised. | 毫不意外 |
[05:44] | It’s the sweatpants of food. | 这是食物届的运动裤 |
[05:46] | And you are the adult underpants of people. | 而你是人类届的成人内裤 |
[05:49] | Ooh, good one. | 怼得好 |
[05:50] | Hey, I heard you were fired. | 我听说你被开除了 |
[05:51] | Figures. | 猜到了 |
[05:52] | Not everybody can run a company | 不是所有人都能像我一样 |
[05:54] | and manage a family, like I do. | 工作家庭两不误 |
[05:55] | I wasn’t fired. I quit. | 我没被开除 我是辞职的 |
[05:58] | Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. | 土豆洋芋一回事 |
[05:59] | Neither of which I eat — obviously. | 显然这两样我都不吃 |
[06:01] | You know, the sad thing for you is, | 对你来说 可悲的是 |
[06:03] | you’re too poor to even enjoy all the free time you have now. | 你穷到无法享受你所拥有的闲暇时间 |
[06:06] | I mean, what on Earth are you doing with yourself? | 你都干了些什么 |
[06:08] | I am exploring many, many avenues. | 我在探索各种可能性 |
[06:14] | That’s code for “I have nothing.” | 也就是说”我一无所有” |
[06:16] | No purpose, no options, no water feature in your yard. Sad. | 没有目标 没有选择 院子里没有水景 可悲 |
[06:20] | You don’t know anything. | 你什么都不知道 |
[06:23] | She knows everything! | 她什么都知道 |
[06:24] | I have no plan, no purpose, and no koi pond. | 我没有计划 没有目标 没有锦鲤池 |
[06:26] | Quick, change the subject. | 快 换一个话题 |
[06:28] | The “Cats” movie looks insane, right? | 《猫》这电影太疯狂了 对吧 |
[06:31] | I know, but, like, kind of sexy. Huh? | 是啊 但也挺性感的 |
[06:33] | I mean, maybe it’s just me, but rrrr! | 也许只有我这么觉得 但喵喵喵 |
[06:35] | Ew! Gross! It is just you. | 恶心 确实只有你 |
[06:38] | Nice job, Katie! You’re back on top. | 干得漂亮 凯蒂 你又占上风了 |
[06:44] | Even Chloe Brown Mueller figured it out. | 连克洛伊·布朗·米勒都发现了 |
[06:47] | I’m turning 40 soon. I’m adrift. | 我快四十了 毫无目标 |
[06:49] | I have no direction in life. | 我的生活没有方向 |
[06:51] | You’re a mom. It’s not like you do nothing. | 你是位母亲 又不是说你什么都不做 |
[06:53] | I’m a mom. I do nothing. | 我是母亲 但我也什么都没做 |
[06:55] | I can’t use my kids as an excuse anymore. | 我不能再用孩子做借口了 |
[06:57] | Anna-Kat wants Taylor to help her with everything, | 安妮凯特什么事都找泰勒帮忙 |
[07:00] | and Oliver is ironing his own shirts | 奥利弗要自己烫衬衫 |
[07:02] | because I don’t go slowly enough around the buttons. | 因为我在扣子边缘烫得不够仔细 |
[07:05] | They’re putting me out of a job! | 他们让我失业了 |
[07:07] | You just have to find something that’s right for you. | 你只需要找个适合自己的行当 |
[07:08] | Or, hear me out, | 或者 听我说完 |
[07:10] | you could put this whole problem behind you | 你可以完全摆脱这个问题 |
[07:11] | for nine more years | 只要再生一个孩子 |
[07:13] | by having another baby. | 就九年不用担心失业了 |
[07:21] | Oh, I needed that. | 我需要听个笑话 |
[07:23] | Greg suggests that I start selling | 格雷格建议我 |
[07:25] | that organic makeup that comes in the big trunk. | 用拖杆箱卖有机化妆品 |
[07:27] | – You are never doing that. – Yeah, never. | -你不可能做的 -对 绝不 |
[07:30] | Isn’t Suzanne Sutton a career counselor now? | 苏珊·萨顿现在不是职业顾问吗 |
[07:32] | You should go talk to her. | 你该去和她谈谈 |
[07:33] | Is Suzanne your type? | 苏珊是你的菜吗 |
[07:35] | Knock it off, Doris. | 别闹了 多瑞丝 |
[07:37] | What is going on with you two? | 你俩怎么回事 |
[07:38] | Well, apparently, I don’t “Do it” for Angela. | 显然 安吉拉看不上我 |
[07:40] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[07:41] | I said I think you’re attractive. | 我说我觉得你很有魅力 |
[07:42] | I’m just not attracted to you. | 只是你的魅力没吸引到我 |
[07:44] | I think you are. | 我觉得你喜欢 |
[07:45] | If you weren’t, you wouldn’t be so defensive about it. | 如果你不喜欢 就不会拒绝地那么强烈 |
[07:48] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[07:53] | Oopsie-daisy. I got all dirty. | 哎呀 我把自己弄脏了 |
[07:57] | Hey, Katie. I heard I could find you here. | 凯蒂 我听说能在这找到你 |
[07:59] | Doris, Angela, you know Stan. | 多瑞丝 安吉拉 你们都认识斯坦 |
[08:02] | Hey, Stan. | 你好 斯坦 |
[08:03] | Hey, buddy. Gotta go. | 你好 哥们 先撤了 |
[08:07] | You know, ever since the stroke, | 自从中风后 |
[08:08] | people react in one of two ways — | 大家对此有两种反应 |
[08:09] | they either run away or they just stare. | 赶紧逃跑 或盯着我看 |
[08:11] | Like this. | 像这样 |
[08:13] | I thought I was a better person. | 我还以为自己是个更好的人 |
[08:15] | Katie, may I speak to you in private for one moment? | 凯蒂 我能和你私下谈谈吗 |
[08:17] | Of course. | 当然 |
[08:20] | Now, I hope I’m not imposing, | 我希望我没有强人所难 |
[08:21] | but I was wondering if you had | 但我想问你是否还剩下些 |
[08:23] | any of that wonderful lasagna left over from last night. | 昨晚美味的千层面 |
[08:25] | Sure. I’ll bring it by your house. | 当然 我送去你家 |
[08:27] | No. No, no, no. I’ll come to you. | 不 不不 我来找你 |
[08:29] | Chloe cannot find out about this. | 不能让克洛伊发现这事 |
[08:30] | If there’s two things she hates more than me right now, | 现在有两件事比我更令她讨厌 |
[08:32] | it’s you and carbs. | 那就是你和碳水化合物 |
[08:33] | Thank you, Stan. | 谢谢 斯坦 |
[08:35] | I know she hates me, | 我知道她恨我 |
[08:36] | but it’s really nice to hear sometimes. | 但有时候听别人说更爽 |
[08:38] | I mean, she really hates you. | 她是真的恨你 |
[08:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:42] | We got fruit-free clothes, a backpack, | 我们买了不带水果的衣服 一个背包 |
[08:45] | a new dangly thing hanging off your backpack. | 一个背包上的新挂件 |
[08:47] | If you were in my fifth-grade class, | 如果你是我五年级时的同学 |
[08:48] | I’d let you sit next to me. | 我会让你坐我身边 |
[08:50] | Wait. There’s something else I need. | 等等 我还需要做一件事 |
[08:51] | Mom would never sign off on that. | 妈妈绝不会同意 |
[08:53] | Mom put you in charge. | 妈妈让你负责 |
[08:54] | This is your chance to think on your own. | 现在是你自主做决定的时刻 |
[08:57] | Am I old enough to get my ears pierced? | 我到了能打耳洞的年龄吗 |
[08:59] | Yes. | 到了 |
[09:00] | Yes, you are. | 没错 你够大了 |
[09:04] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 |
[09:07] | My greatest achievement is raising three fantastic kids. | 我最大的成就就是养育了三位出色的孩子 |
[09:12] | Also, in college, my alcohol tolerance was very high. | 以及在大学时 我很会喝酒 |
[09:15] | It’s not anymore, but it used to be. | 现在不太行了 但以前很厉害 |
[09:17] | Type that in. | 输进去 |
[09:20] | And why did you leave your last job? | 你为什么离开上一份工作 |
[09:22] | My boss was a | 我老板是个混蛋 |
[09:23] | and my clients were also. | 我的客户也是不让人省心 |
[09:28] | That word’s not in the drop-down menu, | 这词不在可选的下拉菜单里 |
[09:29] | so we’ll just click “Creative differences.” | 我们就选”创作理念不同” |
[09:37] | Wait. What if it hurts? | 等等 如果疼怎么办 |
[09:39] | What if they accidentally give me those ear disks, | 如果他们不小心给我戴了耳扩怎么办 |
[09:40] | like the guy at the supermarket? | 就像超市里的那个人 |
[09:43] | Some days, he forgets to put them in, | 有时候他忘记戴耳扩 |
[09:44] | and they’re just big, floppy holes. | 就只剩下硕大耷拉的洞 |
[09:46] | If you’re really scared, you don’t have to do it. | 如果你害怕 你不是必须要打的 |
[09:48] | But all the other girls in my new class | 但我新班级里的其他女孩 |
[09:49] | have their ears pierced. | 都打了耳洞 |
[09:51] | Well, what if I go first and show you it’s not a big deal? | 不如我先来 你就知道没什么可怕的了 |
[09:53] | You’d do that for me? | 你会为我这么做吗 |
[09:54] | Of course. I owe you. | 当然 我欠你的 |
[09:56] | You stopped me from trying to pet that angry dog. | 你拦住我去摸那只愤怒的狗了 |
[09:58] | Coyote. | 那是郊狼 |
[09:59] | Whatever his name was, he was mean. | 不管它叫什么 都很不友好 |
[10:05] | Well, the results are in. | 结果出来了 |
[10:07] | So, as far as a career goes, | 就职业而言 |
[10:09] | you would make an excellent long-haul truck driver! | 你能成为一名出色的长途货运汽车司机 |
[10:13] | Congratulations! | 恭喜你 |
[10:15] | Truck driver? | 货车司机 |
[10:16] | Well, the algorithm determined | 算法认为 |
[10:18] | that you shouldn’t manage people… | 你不该管理人 |
[10:20] | or be managed by people… | 也不该被人管理 |
[10:23] | or interact with the public in any way. | 或与公众有任何互动 |
[10:25] | So, what do we do now? | 那现在要怎么办 |
[10:27] | Um, it says here I’m supposed to call the police. | 这上面说我应该报警 |
[10:36] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[10:37] | I figured out what can set me apart for the interview tomorrow. | 我找到明天面试脱颖而出的办法了 |
[10:40] | I’m glad someone has their life figured out, | 真高兴有人找到了人生方向 |
[10:41] | because I have never felt more lost. | 因为我现在空前迷茫 |
[10:44] | I just came from a career counselor — | 我刚咨询完职业顾问 |
[10:46] | Let me just head this off. | 别说了 |
[10:48] | Parents don’t come to their kids with problems. | 父母遇到问题不会找孩子诉苦 |
[10:50] | We don’t see you as real people. | 在我们眼中你们不是正常人 |
[10:52] | Who needs a job when being a mother is so rewarding? | 当妈这么好 我还找什么工作呢 |
[10:56] | Back to me. | 继续说我的事 |
[10:57] | It would help with my interview if I came from a troubled home. | 出自困难家庭对我的面试大有帮助 |
[11:01] | Do you mind if I put you under a 72-hour psychiatric hold? | 你介意为我当三天精神病母亲吗 |
[11:04] | Yes, I mind! | 是的 我介意 |
[11:06] | Oliver, you don’t need all these tricks. | 奥利弗 你不需要投机取巧 |
[11:09] | You are a smart, driven kid, | 你聪明又上进 |
[11:11] | and I have no doubt | 我相信 |
[11:12] | that you’re going to get in on your own merits. | 以你的能力一定能通过面试 |
[11:15] | Okay, Greg. | 行吧 格雷格 |
[11:20] | Taylor, I just want to say, you’re my hero. | 泰勒 我想说 你是我的英雄 |
[11:22] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[11:23] | I mean, when Mom sees | 等妈妈知道 |
[11:24] | that you let me get my ears pierced against her wishes, | 你背着她带我去打了耳洞 |
[11:26] | she’s gonna go crazy | 她会发飙的 |
[11:28] | and add another 500 things to that list of yours. | 然后会给你那清单再加个500条事项 |
[11:30] | You think? | 你这么觉得吗 |
[11:32] | Definitely. | 肯定的 |
[11:33] | But you don’t care. | 可你又不在乎 |
[11:34] | – I don’t? – No. | -我不在乎吗 -是啊 |
[11:35] | And she’s gonna ground you forever. | 你会永远被她禁足 |
[11:37] | But I have that party I’m going to with Trip on Saturday. | 可我周六还要跟特里普去参加派对 |
[11:39] | Not anymore. | 没得去了 |
[11:41] | Okay, new plan — we’re going to hide your ears. | 好吧 新计划 得把你的耳朵遮起来 |
[11:44] | For how long? | 遮多久 |
[11:45] | Until I go to college. | 遮到我去上大学为止 |
[11:46] | That could easily be never! | 那很可能要遮一辈子 |
[12:00] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[12:01] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢你了 |
[12:02] | And again, please don’t tell Chloe about this. | 再强调一次 这事请不要告诉克洛伊 |
[12:04] | Also, could you ask Greg to get me a clean cup of urine? | 还有 你能让格雷格给我一杯干净的尿液吗 |
[12:07] | She tests my sugar levels. | 她会测我的尿糖 |
[12:09] | – Sure. – Thanks. | -没问题 -谢了 |
[12:11] | Most people would be annoyed, | 一般人会觉得烦 |
[12:13] | but feeding Stan is actually giving my life a purpose | 可投喂斯坦让我的人生有了意义 |
[12:16] | because it combines two of my favorite things — | 因为这结合了我最爱的两件事 |
[12:18] | cooking… | 烹饪 |
[12:19] | Who’s the best? You are! | 谁最好 你最好 |
[12:21] | and messing with Chloe behind her back. | 以及背着克洛伊给她添堵 |
[12:23] | Oh, I feel a swagger walk coming on. | 霸气范儿走起 |
[12:32] | I thought you were supposed to get a cool-kid makeover. | 我还以为你会改头换面成酷小孩呢 |
[12:35] | What’s with the dumb hat? | 这丑帽子是怎么回事 |
[12:36] | The lady who bought the banana skirt | 买香蕉裙的那位女士 |
[12:38] | should really stay out of these conversations. | 没有发言权 |
[12:42] | Hey, you. | 你好啊 |
[12:44] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[12:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:46] | Hopefully one day, I’ll be able to eat this | 希望有朝一日 我不用 |
[12:48] | when I’m not cowering in the garage next to the water heater. | 再躲到热水器旁的车库里吃这个 |
[12:53] | Stan! Why aren’t you picking up?! | 斯坦 你为什么不接电话 |
[12:59] | Maria! | 玛丽亚 |
[13:02] | He’s going over to Katie’s again. | 他又去凯蒂家了 |
[13:03] | Once a cheater, always a cheater. | 一次不忠 百次不容 |
[13:06] | Maybe Stan is just hanging out with Greg. | 也许斯坦只是在和格雷格玩呢 |
[13:07] | Greg works, Maria. Unlike you. | 格雷格要工作 玛丽亚 不像你 |
[13:10] | But I am working. | 可我也在工作啊 |
[13:11] | Working to make me angry! | 工作就是惹我生气吗 |
[13:12] | Now move! | 还不走 |
[13:17] | Look at you, nibbling on those crackers like a little rat. | 看看你 饼干啃得跟只小老鼠似的 |
[13:22] | I’m surprised at how clean you keep this car. | 没想到你这车还保养得挺干净 |
[13:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:26] | It’s like you have pride in it or something. | 还挺自豪呢 |
[13:33] | Twice in a day, Maria? | 一天两次 玛丽亚 |
[13:35] | I haven’t done it twice in a day with him | 自从孩子在他生日那天出生后 |
[13:37] | since Fathers’ Day fell on his birthday. | 我们就再也没有一天做过两次了 |
[13:39] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[13:40] | I will not be disrespected like this. | 我不能受这种侮辱 |
[13:43] | Two can play at this game. | 一个巴掌拍不响 |
[13:44] | They’re both gonna be sorry! | 我要让他们俩都后悔 |
[13:46] | God, look at you. Maria, you’re a mess! | 老天 看看你 玛丽亚 像什么样子 |
[13:49] | Come on, now. | 拜托 |
[13:50] | Also, you need a bra with more support. | 还有 你需要个支撑力好点的文胸 |
[13:52] | I think we need an HR department. | 我们需要设个人事部 |
[13:54] | I think you need a boob job. | 你需要去隆个胸 |
[14:03] | Hello, Greg. | 你好 格雷格 |
[14:05] | I came as soon as I got your message. Where’s Stan? | 我一收到你的信息就赶过来了 斯坦在哪 |
[14:06] | What about Stan? | 斯坦怎么了 |
[14:08] | Well, you said he tripped and hit his head. | 你说他摔倒撞到了头 |
[14:10] | I made that up. | 我骗你的 |
[14:11] | I don’t care about Stan. | 我不在乎斯坦 |
[14:13] | I care about you. | 我在乎你 |
[14:15] | The store is closed… | 店关门了 |
[14:17] | but I’m wide open. | 不过我向你开放 |
[14:20] | Chloe, what are y-you doing? | 克洛伊 你要干什么 |
[14:21] | Hush, child. Don’t fight it. | 别说话 宝贝 别抗争了 |
[14:23] | – Fight what? – Oh, it’s okay. | -抗争什么 -没事的 |
[14:24] | I see the way you look at me. | 我看到你看我的眼神了 |
[14:25] | It’s probably because my left eye is extra round, | 那可能是因为我左眼特别圆 |
[14:28] | so I have some problems with depth perception. | 所以深度知觉有点问题 |
[14:30] | Tell me more about your physical defects. | 多跟我说说你的生理缺陷 |
[14:33] | Chloe, stop. | 克洛伊 别这样 |
[14:34] | Turn the camera off, Maria! | 别录了 玛丽亚 |
[14:36] | That’s a cut. | 停 |
[14:37] | What’s this… all about? | 这是… 怎么回事 |
[14:39] | Revenge, ya big lug. | 复仇啊 傻大个 |
[14:41] | Stan and Katie are doing it. | 斯坦和凯蒂在苟合 |
[14:43] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[14:44] | Oh, really? Maria, show him. | 是吗 玛丽亚 给他看看 |
[14:46] | Look. He’s on his way over there right now. | 看 他现在就在过去的路上 |
[14:50] | There’s nothing going on. | 没那回事 |
[14:52] | Katie’s just feeding him lasagna. | 凯蒂只是在为他做千层面 |
[14:53] | What?! | 什么 |
[14:54] | He’s going over there to eat lasagna?! | 他是过去吃千层面 |
[14:57] | Oh, I’ll give him lasagna. | 我让他吃千层面 |
[14:59] | Dirt, coffin floor, Stan, | 挖土 刨坑 下斯坦 |
[15:00] | coffin lid, dirt, neglected grave! | 盖棺 埋土 坟头草两米高 |
[15:04] | O…kay. | 好吧 |
[15:06] | And after my meeting with Suzanne, | 和苏珊聊过之后 |
[15:08] | I realized it’s true — | 我意识到 我确实… |
[15:11] | I don’t work well with others. | 没法和别人和平共事 |
[15:13] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该做什么 |
[15:15] | Katie, I’d be more than happy to set up | 凯蒂 我很乐意帮你安排 |
[15:16] | a consultation for you with my guru in Nepal. | 咨询我的尼泊尔大师 |
[15:18] | Sounds like a lot of hiking, to be honest. | 听上去要走挺远的 老实说 |
[15:22] | Chloe. | 克洛伊 |
[15:24] | You’re eating the lasagna of my sworn enemy?! | 你在吃我宿敌做的千层面 |
[15:27] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样 |
[15:27] | He’s starving. | 他要饿死了 |
[15:29] | How’d you know I was here? | 你怎么知道我在这儿 |
[15:30] | I was tracking you on my phone, dummy! | 我用手机追踪了你 二货 |
[15:33] | I thought you were cheating on me again. | 我还以为你又出轨了 |
[15:35] | Sweetheart, you have every reason not to trust me. | 宝贝 你怀疑我合情合理 |
[15:37] | I messed up. | 是我做错了 |
[15:39] | But I promise I will never betray you again. | 我保证再也不背叛你了 |
[15:42] | Really? | 是吗 |
[15:43] | The one good thing to come out of all this | 这事有个好处 |
[15:44] | is it helped me realize how much happier I am with you in my life. | 它让我认识到有你相伴是多么幸福 |
[15:49] | But, honey, | 但亲爱的 |
[15:49] | I really need more than 500 calories a day. | 我每天需要的卡路里肯定要超过500的 |
[15:51] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:53] | I’ll bump you up to 800 calories a day. | 我就给你调高到800每天 |
[15:55] | But no carbs. | 但不准吃碳水化合物 |
[15:56] | Really? | 当真吗 |
[15:57] | – Yes. – I love you. | -是的 -我爱你 |
[15:58] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[16:01] | This one loves me, too. She just won’t admit it. | 这家伙也爱我 她只是不肯承认而已 |
[16:04] | The other Katies are talking. Let’s get out of here. | 其他的凯蒂在说闲话 我们走吧 |
[16:10] | Okay, so, you’re not up for the psychiatric ward. | 好吧 你不肯被关进精神病院 |
[16:13] | But how would you feel about admitting to being the Zodiac Killer? | 那么承认你是十二宫杀手如何 |
[16:16] | No, Oliver! The dates don’t even line up. | 不 奥利弗 日期都对不上 |
[16:18] | No one’s doing the math! | 没人会去算这个 |
[16:23] | What is wrong with him? | 他这是怎么了 |
[16:24] | He’s got a big interview later, | 他待会儿有个重要的面试 |
[16:25] | but he thinks he’s not going to get in | 但他觉得他不会被录用 |
[16:27] | because he hasn’t had any discrimination or adversity to overcome. | 因为他长这么大都不需要克服任何歧视或逆境 |
[16:31] | Well, what about all of this? | 你这尊女魔头不算吗 |
[16:35] | He already made that same joke. | 他已经开过同样的玩笑了 |
[16:37] | That selfish dope really needs to get some perspective. | 那个自私的混蛋真的需要有点见识才行 |
[16:40] | He doesn’t know it, | 他现在还没意识到 |
[16:41] | but this program could be the best thing for him. | 但参加这个组织可能会对他大有裨益 |
[16:44] | He just needs to stand out a little. | 他需要突出一点才行 |
[16:49] | Why are you looking at us like that? | 你为什么要这样看着我们 |
[16:51] | She’s picking up on our sexual tension. | 她在感受我们之间的性吸引力 |
[16:54] | Okay. Okay, Dor. | 好了 好了 小多 |
[16:56] | I — You know what? | 我…算了 |
[17:00] | – Great. – Thank you so much. Bye. | -好极了 -非常感谢 再见 |
[17:03] | Hi. I’m Oliver Otto. | 你好 我是奥利弗·奥图 |
[17:05] | I just wanted to say I’m so excited by the prospect | 我只想说 一想到有可能加入 |
[17:07] | of being part of such an important organization. | 这么重要的组织 我真的非常激动 |
[17:09] | Hi. I’m Oliver’s Mom. | 你好 我是奥利弗的妈妈 |
[17:11] | – Hello! – Oliver! | -你好 -奥利弗 |
[17:12] | Well, one of my moms. | 我的妈妈之一 |
[17:16] | Very nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[17:17] | Nice to meet you, too! | 我也很高兴认识你 |
[17:20] | What? No kiss for your wife? | 怎么 不亲一下你妻子吗 |
[17:22] | Oliver, tell your mother to kiss me. | 奥利弗 快叫你妈亲我 |
[17:32] | See? Pretty great, right? | 瞧吧 很美好 不是吗 |
[17:34] | Not really. | 并不是 |
[17:34] | I’m out of here. | 我走了 |
[17:36] | Bye. | 再见 |
[17:36] | Angela, you know I can’t quit you! | 安吉拉 你知道我无法戒掉你 |
[17:40] | It’s from “Brokeback Mountain” | 这句是《断背山》的台词 |
[17:41] | ’cause…we’re gay. | 因为我们是同性恋 |
[17:44] | You are a terrible wife! | 你是个糟糕至极的妻子 |
[17:46] | I come from a troubled, biracial, lesbian home. | 我来自一个不平静的双种族拉拉家庭 |
[17:49] | But I’ve developed emotional tools | 但我已经逐渐发展出了情感机制 |
[17:51] | to help me deal with it. | 帮助我应对这种生活 |
[17:55] | It was fun cooking for Stan. | 为斯坦下厨挺有意思的 |
[17:57] | Took my mind off the fact | 让我不用老是去想 |
[17:58] | that I can’t find something to do with my life. | 我的人生无所事事 一无所成 |
[18:00] | Oh, honey, you can — | 亲爱的 你可以… |
[18:02] | Moth! | 蛾子 |
[18:03] | I got it. I got it! | 我能搞定 我能搞定 |
[18:04] | Get it! | 快抓住 |
[18:09] | – Oh, hey, Trip. – Hey, Mr. A. | -你好啊 特里普 -你好 A先生 |
[18:10] | I’m here to pick up Taylor for the party. | 我是来接泰勒去参加派对的 |
[18:12] | Taylor, Trip’s here! | 泰勒 特里普来了 |
[18:18] | Daisy earrings? | 雏菊耳环 |
[18:20] | What is the occasion? | 是有什么重大场合吗 |
[18:21] | Oh, I got my ears pierced with Anna-Kat | 我跟安娜凯特一起打了耳洞 |
[18:23] | to show her it was no big deal. | 让她明白这没什么大不了的 |
[18:25] | I’m gonna let the holes close up, | 我会让耳洞再长实起来的 |
[18:27] | but I just wanted to feel pretty for a little while. | 但我想暂时感受一下美丽 |
[18:31] | What…did you do? | 你 干了什么 |
[18:37] | Taylor! What the hell?! | 泰勒 搞什么啊 |
[18:39] | It’s not a big deal! | 这没什么大不了的 |
[18:40] | It is a big deal! | 当然大不了啊 |
[18:41] | Your job was to get her new clothes, | 你的任务是给她买新衣服 |
[18:42] | not poke holes in her head! | 不是在她的头上打个洞 |
[18:44] | Trip, Taylor is not going anywhere tonight. | 特里普 泰勒今晚休想去任何地方 |
[18:46] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[18:47] | You said to use my best judgment, | 你让我根据我的最佳判断力做决定 |
[18:48] | and that’s exactly what I did. | 我就是这么做的啊 |
[18:50] | Remember when you wouldn’t let me dye my hair blond | 还记得你之前不让我染金发 |
[18:52] | but I did it anyway? | 但我还是染了吗 |
[18:53] | Guess what — | 猜猜怎么着 |
[18:54] | not only did I fit in better, | 那不仅让我能更好地融入团体 |
[18:55] | but it made me way more confident. | 也让我更加自信 |
[18:56] | It’s not the same! | 这不一样 |
[18:57] | It’s almost exactly the same! | 几乎是一模一样的 |
[18:59] | Now Anna-Kat has something in common | 现在安娜凯特跟她 |
[19:01] | with all the girls in her new class! | 新班里的女孩们也有共同点了 |
[19:02] | Plus, I’m not afraid of needles anymore, | 并且 我不再怕针了 |
[19:05] | so you don’t have to strap me down at the doctor. | 以后你不用再捆着我去看医生了 |
[19:10] | Do you like my earrings? | 你喜欢我的耳环吗 |
[19:12] | They’re ladybugs. | 是瓢虫造型的 |
[19:16] | They’re really pretty, Anna-Kat. | 真的很漂亮 安娜凯特 |
[19:20] | It might not have been what I would have done, | 如果是我 可能不会允许你这么做 |
[19:23] | but you used your best judgment. | 但你是根据你的最佳判断做的决定 |
[19:27] | You can cross it off your list. | 你可以把这条从清单上划掉了 |
[19:29] | So, I can go to the party? | 所以 我可以去参加派对吗 |
[19:33] | Have fun. | 玩得开心点 |
[19:35] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢你 妈 |
[19:38] | Hey, Trip, before you go, you want to go upstairs | 嘿 特里普 在走之前 你想上楼去 |
[19:40] | and play “Who wore it best” with these ladybug earrings? | 看看谁戴这种瓢虫耳环最好看吗 |
[19:43] | Oh, yeah. You’re goin’ down. | 好啊 你戴着肯定没我好看 |
[19:52] | Katie. We had a great time the other night. | 凯蒂 我们那天晚上玩得很开心 |
[19:55] | Just ask her. | 直接问她吧 |
[19:56] | Be cool! | 淡定点 |
[19:57] | Um, Stan said you might have some leftover lasagna? | 斯坦说你这里可能有没吃完的千层面 |
[20:00] | I’ve honestly never tasted anything so good. | 我真的从没吃过这么好吃的东西 |
[20:01] | It was like being back in my grandmother’s kitchen, | 就好像又回到了我奶奶的厨房 |
[20:03] | except you’re not ranting about how you miss Mussolini. | 只是你不会一直唠叨你有多怀念穆索里尼 |
[20:06] | You guys! I’m flattered. | 天呐 我好荣幸 |
[20:08] | Unfortunately, I’m all out. | 但不幸的是 都吃完了 |
[20:10] | Stan had the last of it today. | 今天斯坦把剩下的都吃完了 |
[20:12] | We’ll pay you to make another one. | 我们可以付钱让你重新做 |
[20:13] | – How much? – 30 bucks? | -出多少钱 -30块 |
[20:14] | – 50. – Deal. | -50 -成交 |
[20:16] | Okay. Come back in three hours. | 好的 三小时后再回来吧 |
[20:19] | What do you want to do? | 在这期间你想干点什么 |
[20:19] | Donuts in my ex-wife’s cul-de-sac? | 去我前妻家那边的死胡同里吃甜甜圈 |
[20:21] | – Fun. – Yeah. | -有趣 -是啊 |
[20:24] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[20:26] | Am I about to get paid for my lasagna? | 我做的千层面能卖钱了吗 |
[20:28] | It looks like it. | 似乎是这样 |
[20:28] | Is this a crazy idea? | 这是个疯狂的想法吗 |
[20:30] | Could I make this a home business? | 我可以把这发展成家庭小作坊吗 |
[20:32] | You absolutely could. You love cooking. | 当然可以 你超爱下厨的 |
[20:35] | I’d be my own boss. | 我可以自己当老板 |
[20:35] | I could make my own hours. | 时间安排都按自己的意愿来 |
[20:37] | I wouldn’t have to manage or be managed by others. | 我不用管理或是被别人管理 |
[20:39] | You could wear pajamas at work. | 你可以穿着睡衣工作 |
[20:41] | That’s always been my dream. | 那一直是我的梦想 |
[20:52] | Well, hey. How’d it go today? | 你好啊 今天情况如何 |
[20:53] | I got accepted. | 我被录用了 |
[20:55] | – That’s great! – That’s amazing, honey! | -太好了 -简直太棒了 亲爱的 |
[20:58] | Who knew two diverse… | 谁知道两个少数族裔的… |
[21:00] | bickering lesbian mom | 争吵不休的拉拉母亲 |
[21:03] | was my ticket in. | 就能让我直接被录用呢 |
[21:06] | Katie, what did you do? | 凯蒂 你做了什么 |
[21:09] | I did something wrong, | 我做了件错事 |
[21:12] | for the right reasons. | 不过是出于正确的理由 |
[21:14] | Well, I guess that’s an improvement. | 这大概也算是进步了吧 |
[21:15] | You usually do the wrong thing for the wrong reasons. | 你一般都是因为错误的理由做错误的事 |
[21:19] | I’m growing. | 我成长了 |