时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You’re hovering. | 你们还在这里 |
[00:04] | Sorry. It’s just — | 抱歉 只是 |
[00:06] | Are you setting the table so nicely to be helpful | 你把餐具放得这么漂亮是为了帮忙 |
[00:08] | or because of an urge you can’t control? | 还是因为无法控制的渴望 |
[00:10] | No wrong answer. | 怎么回答都是正确的 |
[00:11] | For once in your life, just leave me alone! | 你们这辈子哪怕一次也好 别管我 |
[00:17] | She really took full advantage of that “No wrong answer” waiver. | 她充分利用了”怎么回答都是正确的”的豁免权 |
[00:21] | Get that out of my face! | 在我面前消失 |
[00:29] | Your drone is so easy to control. | 你的无人机真好控制 |
[00:31] | It’s all about quality, amigo. | 质量最重要 朋友 |
[00:32] | This is the kind the CIA uses. | 中情局用的就是这种 |
[00:34] | I have the kind you get on sale | 我有贱卖货 |
[00:35] | that loses contact with the remote at around 6 feet | 在6英尺开外 遥控器就失灵了 |
[00:38] | and then gets stuck in a tree. | 卡在了树上 |
[00:39] | Oh, you got to get one of these — it’s 5 grand, | 你得买个这样的 才五千块 |
[00:41] | camera included. | 包括摄像机 |
[00:42] | 5 grand? For a toy? | 五千块 一个玩具 |
[00:44] | Well, it’s not so much. | 其实不多 |
[00:46] | See, think about it — you’d spend that on a purse, right? | 想想看 你会花这么多钱买包对吗 |
[00:48] | No, I wouldn’t spend that on a car. | 不 我买车都不用这么多钱 |
[00:50] | Get this stupid thing out of my house | 让这个蠢货离开我家 |
[00:51] | and tell him to take his drone with him. | 让他带上无人机一起走人 |
[00:53] | Mom, you’re not allowed to yell at Cooper. He’s a guest. | 妈 你无权吼库珀 他是客人 |
[00:55] | Anyone who eats at my house three times in a week | 在我家一周吃三次饭的人 |
[00:58] | is no longer a guest. | 就不再是客人了 |
[01:01] | Hi, guys. | 你们好 |
[01:02] | Hi, Mrs. Otto, Mr. Otto. I like the sweater. | 奥图太太 奥图先生 你的毛衣真好看 |
[01:05] | Well, thank you, Eyo. | 谢谢你 埃约 |
[01:06] | I was thinking of getting rid of it. | 我还想着扔掉呢 |
[01:08] | My shawl collars are often disparaged. | 我的和尚领经常被鄙视 |
[01:09] | Aw, don’t listen to him. It’s lit. | 别听他的 帅气极了 |
[01:12] | No, it’s not lit. | 不 不帅气 |
[01:13] | He’s just kissing your butt. | 他在拍你马屁而已 |
[01:15] | Your sweater is a pox on this family. | 你的毛衣是这个家的天花 |
[01:17] | Eyo, what have you done? | 埃约 你做了什么 |
[01:18] | Hey, don’t yell at my boyfriend like that. | 别这么吼我的男友 |
[01:21] | I have a boyfriend. | 我有男友 |
[01:23] | We’re going upstairs to study. | 我们上楼学习去了 |
[01:25] | What a sweet kid. | 真是个好孩子 |
[01:26] | Don’t let his smile fool you. | 别被他的笑容骗了 |
[01:28] | Those two — it is on like Babylon. | 这两个家伙 妥妥的 |
[01:31] | – Nothing is on. – Except for your stupid feet on my furniture. | -没什么妥妥的 -除了你的臭脚在我的家具上 |
[01:34] | What is wrong with you, man? | 你什么毛病 伙计 |
[01:35] | Sorry. I just figured since it wasn’t fancy, I — | 抱歉 我觉得反正也不贵 我… |
[01:40] | Move slowly towards the door. | 慢慢走向门口 |
[01:42] | Try not to show fear. | 不要表现出害怕 |
[01:50] | Ooh, let’s have my drone film us cruising around on my Vespas. | 我们用无人机航拍我们骑小摩托 |
[01:53] | That is so much cooler than undocumented bike riding. | 这比骑无证单车酷多了 |
[01:55] | You’ve got the life. | 你的生活真精彩 |
[01:57] | I’m like one of those kids born in prison. | 我像是在监狱里出生的孩子 |
[01:59] | That kid is a terrible influence on Oliver. | 那孩子对奥利弗的影响太坏了 |
[02:02] | – I’m worried about Anna-Kat. – You’re right. | -我担心安娜凯特 -你说得对 |
[02:04] | He’s a terrible influence on her, too. | 他对她也有坏影响 |
[02:06] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[02:07] | I’m gonna get him to stop hanging around this house. | 我要阻止他再在我家玩 |
[02:10] | Why do you always get in feuds with children? | 我为什么总是和孩子闹矛盾 |
[02:12] | I should set up a meeting with Dr. Ellie | 我应该和埃莉医生见个面 |
[02:14] | so we can talk about Anna-Kat. | 可以聊聊安娜凯特的事 |
[02:17] | But, first, I’m gonna check in on Taylor and Eyo | 但首先我要去看看泰勒和埃约 |
[02:19] | and make sure it is not on like Babylon | 确保没什么是妥妥的[像巴比伦] |
[02:21] | or any other ancient Mesopotamian city! | 或是其他的两河流域的城市 |
[02:30] | At least I get to see you one last time. | 至少我可以最后见你一面 |
[02:32] | No, no, please don’t leave me. | 不 请别离开我 |
[02:34] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[02:36] | Belle, it’s me. | 贝儿 是我 |
[02:38] | It is you. | 是你 |
[02:41] | Dad! | 爸 |
[02:43] | How’s the studying going? | 学习得怎么样 |
[02:45] | I was just being the Beast. | 我在做野兽 |
[02:46] | Yeah, I can see that. | 看出来了 |
[02:48] | From “Beauty and the Beast.” | 《美女与野兽》里的 |
[02:49] | He was just helping me rehearse a scene for drama club. | 他在帮我排练戏剧社的戏 |
[02:53] | Well. | 好的 |
[02:55] | I’m gonna leave this open | 我把门打开 |
[02:57] | and sit a few feet from your door… | 坐在你门外面 |
[03:02] | as is my custom. | 这是我的习惯 |
[03:07] | And he thinks he can act however he wants because his family’s rich, | 他觉得他可以想怎样就怎样 因为他家有钱 |
[03:09] | and it’s rubbing off on Anna-Kat. | 这影响了安娜凯特 |
[03:11] | Plus, he was one of those faces you just want to punch. | 而且 他长着一张看了就想揍的脸 |
[03:14] | Well, let’s call Anna-Kat in and ask her what she thinks. | 我们叫安娜凯特进来 问问她的想法 |
[03:17] | Cooper Bradford has nothing to do with how I’ve been acting. | 我的表现和库珀一点关系也没有 |
[03:20] | Typically, children in the hall don’t overhear what’s said | 通常来说 孩子们在走廊里没有偷听 |
[03:23] | because the parents… aren’t quite so loud. | 因为家长们说话 声音比较大 |
[03:27] | It’s you guys — you’re always watching me and whispering. | 是因为你们 你们总是看着我小声说 |
[03:30] | Am I washing my hands too much or too little? | 我洗手太多还是太少 |
[03:32] | Am I exhibiting “Behaviors”? | 我在表现出某行为吗 |
[03:36] | We also whisper too loud. | 我们小声说话时也太大声了 |
[03:37] | I’m turning 8, and you’re treating me like I’m a toddler. | 我快8岁了 你们还把我当刚学走路的孩子 |
[03:40] | I think Anna-Kat is conveying a legitimate feeling. | 我想安娜凯特在表达正当的感受 |
[03:43] | – Damn right. – I’ve got this. | -太对了 -我来说 |
[03:45] | You’re overconcern may be fueling her anxiety. | 你们的过度担心可能加重了她的焦虑 |
[03:49] | What do you suggest? | 你有什么建议 |
[03:50] | Fight the urge to help her so much. | 管住自己 别帮她太多 |
[03:51] | Give her a little more independence. | 让她更独立一些 |
[03:53] | Is that what you would like? | 你希望这样吗 |
[03:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:00] | Daddy and I will try to give you more space. | 爸爸和我会试着给你更多空间 |
[04:07] | I still think it’s Cooper Bradford. | 我依然觉得是库珀的原因 |
[04:08] | It’s not Cooper Bradford! | 不关库珀的事 |
[04:11] | I got to work on my whisper. | 我得改进下悄悄话 |
[04:15] | Okay. Here is your class. | 好的 你的班到了 |
[04:18] | Have a good day, honey. | 祝你今天愉快 亲爱的 |
[04:19] | Why don’t you take that sweatshirt off? | 你不如把外套脱掉 |
[04:20] | Or keep it on — I’ll leave it up to you. | 或是穿着 你自己决定 |
[04:22] | Get your own apartment if you want. | 你想的话 自己租间公寓都行 |
[04:30] | Katie, wait up! | 凯蒂 等等 |
[04:31] | Holly Kent — over-involved class mom. | 霍莉·肯特 过分搅和班上事情的妈妈 |
[04:34] | She only has one kid, | 她只有一个孩子 |
[04:35] | so she’s super optimistic and full of life. | 所以她超级乐观 精力充沛 |
[04:37] | I have no patience for that. | 我没耐性鸟她 |
[04:38] | I’m so glad I caught you. | 真高兴碰到你了 |
[04:40] | I just wanted to return the Tupperware you dropped off. | 我想退回你的保鲜盒 |
[04:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:44] | Anna-Kat’s birthday cupcakes are still in here. | 安娜凯特的生日小蛋糕还在里面 |
[04:47] | Yeah, they’re in violation of the class snack code. | 这个违反了班级零食要求 |
[04:49] | Gluten’s a non-starter. It’s an allergen. | 含麸质不予考虑 这是过敏源 |
[04:52] | No, it’s not. That whole thing is made up. | 不是的 这个概念是瞎编的 |
[04:54] | There was no such thing as gluten-free when I was a kid, and guess what. | 我小时候没有无麸质这一说 你猜怎样 |
[04:58] | Nobody died from Wonder Bread. | 没人死于”神奇面包” |
[04:59] | Well, that was a long, long time ago. | 那是很久很久以前的事了 |
[05:02] | It wasn’t that long ago. | 也没那么久 |
[05:04] | Just give them the cupcakes and mind your own business. | 把小蛋糕给他们 别管闲事 |
[05:06] | The safety of our children is my business. | 孩子们的安全就是我的事 |
[05:09] | You’d really be willing to take the chance | 你真的愿意冒险 |
[05:10] | that a child’s throat would close up | 让一个孩子喉咙闭合 |
[05:12] | and they’d die right in front of your eyes | 在你眼前死去 |
[05:14] | for a cupcake? | 就因为吃了一个小蛋糕 |
[05:16] | Oh, my God. She’s right. | 我的天 她是对的 |
[05:19] | Dr. Ellie is right. | 埃莉医生是对的 |
[05:20] | Now I know firsthand how Anna-Kat feels | 现在我明白了安娜凯特的感受 |
[05:22] | being smothered by ridiculous, hysterical over-parenting. | 荒谬歇斯底里过分保护的家长带来的窒息感 |
[05:24] | It’s the worst. | 太难受了 |
[05:26] | Holly, thank you for being so terrible, truly. | 霍莉 谢谢你这么糟糕 真的 |
[05:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:39] | You have, like, | 你有着 |
[05:40] | perfectly symmetrical nostrils. | 完美对称的鼻孔 |
[05:43] | I mean, it’s kind of my thing, so… | 这是我的特点 |
[05:46] | What else is your thing? | 你还有什么特点 |
[05:47] | Well… | 那个 |
[05:49] | Check out my symmetrical flaring nostrils. | 看我对称的扩张的鼻孔 |
[05:51] | Dad! | 爸 |
[05:52] | Hey, love your shoes, Mr. Otto. | 鞋子不错哦 奥图先生 |
[05:55] | Really? Well, th– | 是吗 那个 |
[05:56] | I see what you’re doing. | 我知道你在干嘛 |
[06:04] | How’s the studying going? | 学习得怎么样 |
[06:06] | – Just finished. – Great. | -刚完 -太好了 |
[06:07] | Cooper, time to go. | 库珀 是时候回家了 |
[06:08] | But before you do, head downstairs | 走之前 先下楼 |
[06:10] | – and load the dishwasher. – For real? | -把盘子放进洗碗机 -真的吗 |
[06:12] | You want to hang at my house, you’re doing chores. | 你要在我家玩 就得做家务 |
[06:18] | A chore is manual labor that you do around the house. | 家务是指在家做的体力活 |
[06:21] | Hmm, interesting. | 有意思 |
[06:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:28] | We’re not checking in on you, just saying hi. | 我们不是来看你在做什么 我们只是来问个好 |
[06:32] | So we thought, since you were turning 8, | 我们想 既然你快8岁了 |
[06:34] | you might want to have a say on what we do for your birthday. | 你可能想发表下生日派对的意见 |
[06:39] | I’d like to have a candy-themed party. | 我想开一个糖果主题的派对 |
[06:42] | Candy it is. | 就定糖果 |
[06:44] | And for my present, you promised when I turned 8, | 至于生日礼物 你保证过 我满8岁 |
[06:47] | I could walk to the library all by myself. | 我可以自己去图书馆 |
[06:50] | Mommy said that? | 妈妈说过吗 |
[06:53] | Maybe you’re not remembering correctly. | 也许你记错了 |
[06:55] | I was 5 and 3/4, and we were sitting on the front lawn. | 我当时5岁零9个月 我们坐在前门草坪上 |
[06:58] | You were wearing that purple sweater with the missing button. | 你穿着紫色毛衣 掉了颗扣子 |
[07:01] | There were big, fluffy clouds. | 天上有大块的云朵 |
[07:03] | You said one looked like Dan Aykroyd, | 你说有一块像丹·艾克罗伊德 |
[07:04] | and I said I didn’t know who that was. | 我说我不知道那是谁 |
[07:06] | A car with a Florida license plate drove by, | 佛州车牌的车开过 |
[07:08] | – and you said one looks — – Okay, so you remember. | -你说看上去 -原来你记得 |
[07:10] | I’ve been dreaming of this day ever since. | 从那时开始我就在梦想这一天 |
[07:13] | Well, then, a walk alone to the library it is. | 那么 你可以一个人去图书馆 |
[07:17] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[07:19] | Taylor, I think I just became a tween! | 泰勒 我想我刚成了10岁少女了 |
[07:22] | Are you crazy?! | 你疯了吗 |
[07:24] | Don’t be mad at me. | 别生我的气 |
[07:25] | Be mad at past Katie. | 气过去的那个凯蒂 |
[07:26] | She’s the idiot who signed off on it. | 她是个白痴 居然同意了 |
[07:28] | We can’t let Anna-Kat wander the streets alone, | 我们不能让安娜凯特一个人在街上走 |
[07:29] | even if the library is a few blocks away. | 尽管图书馆就在几条街外 |
[07:31] | Well, Dr. Ellie made us promise not to be overprotective. | 埃莉医生让我们保证不会保护过度 |
[07:34] | I don’t see how we can say no. | 我不知道怎样拒绝 |
[07:36] | You put us in a terrible situation. | 你让我们非常难做 |
[07:37] | Again, not me — past Katie. | 再说一遍 不怪我 怪过去的凯蒂 |
[07:39] | That girl was all sorts of trouble. | 那姑娘就是麻烦 |
[07:41] | Sorry about the plate. | 抱歉打破了盘子 |
[07:42] | I assume it wasn’t expensive. | 我想不贵 |
[07:44] | Is it okay to hate a 13-year-old? | 可以恨一个13岁的孩子吗 |
[07:47] | Oliver, I think I just became a tween! | 奥利弗 我想我成为10岁的少女了 |
[07:57] | Is letting Anna-Kat walk by herself really such a big deal? | 让安娜凯特一个人出行真有那么大不了吗 |
[08:00] | I mean, when I was a kid, | 我小时候 |
[08:01] | I would run all around the neighborhood, | 在邻里间到处跑 |
[08:02] | and my parents had no idea where I was. | 我父母根本不知道我在哪里 |
[08:04] | Same with me. My parents weren’t worried. | 我也是 我父母一点也不担心 |
[08:06] | Actually, I think my mom was slightly bummed | 事实上 我想那晚我出现后 |
[08:08] | when I showed up again at night. | 我妈有些失望 |
[08:09] | I had no freedom at all. | 我完全没有自由 |
[08:10] | My parents sucked the joy right out of my childhood. | 我父母剥夺了我童年所有的快乐 |
[08:13] | Isn’t that how you raise your children now? | 你现在不也对你孩子这样吗 |
[08:15] | Why should they get off so easy? | 凭他们就能好过 |
[08:17] | Ugh. I’d love to bring my kids up the way I was raised, | 我父母怎么养我的 我也想这样养我的孩子 |
[08:19] | but Celeste won’t have it. | 但塞莱斯特不同意 |
[08:21] | She watches their every move and has turned them into wusses. | 她注意他们的一举一动 让他们变成胆小鬼 |
[08:24] | I say, “Go play in the backyard,” | 我说 去院子里玩 |
[08:25] | and they say, “You want us to be kidnapped | 他们说 你希望我们被绑架吗 |
[08:27] | and grow up in a hole in the ground chained to a bed?” | 被链子拴在床上 在地洞里长大吗 |
[08:30] | – Some days I do. – But it’s not right. | -有时候我真这样想 -但这样不对 |
[08:32] | We should let our kids be kids — | 我们应该让孩子们做孩子 |
[08:33] | ride bikes, climb trees, throw sticks at alligators. | 骑单车 爬树 朝鳄鱼扔棍子 |
[08:38] | – It’s a Florida thing. – Oh, absolutely. | -佛州特色 -当然 |
[08:40] | The less supervision we give them, | 我们对他们的监督越少 |
[08:42] | the more self-reliant they become. | 他们越是自立 |
[08:43] | It’s called “Free-range parenting.” | 这叫做放养 |
[08:44] | No, no, no. It’s free-range chicken. | 不 这是放养的鸡 |
[08:46] | You are not even trying to pay attention. | 你根本就没有注意听 |
[08:48] | I am half-listening. | 我有听一半 |
[08:50] | Statistically, it’s safer today than it was 20 years ago. | 统计上来说 现在比二十年前更安全 |
[08:52] | And Westport is a very safe town, right? | 西港是个非常安全的地方 对吗 |
[08:54] | – Absolutely. – So what’s the verdict? | -当然 -那结论是什么 |
[08:56] | Are you let Anna-Kat walk to the library all by herself? | 你会让安娜凯特一个人去图书馆吗 |
[08:59] | If I don’t let her do this, I’m as bad as Holly Kent. | 如果我不让她去 我就和霍莉·肯特一样坏了 |
[09:02] | She’s creating a community garden | 她创办了社区菜园 |
[09:03] | to bring together our children | 团结了我们的孩子 |
[09:04] | and the residents of the Westport Retirement Home. | 以及西港老人院的老人们 |
[09:06] | She needs to get a life. | 她需要找点正经事做了 |
[09:13] | – Granola bar? – Yeah. | -燕麦卷 -好 |
[09:17] | Mnh, no bueno. | 难吃 |
[09:19] | Hey, I don’t know what you do in your house. | 喂 我不知道你在家时怎样 |
[09:22] | – Oh, it’s more of an estate. – Excuse me? | -应该说是府邸 -什么 |
[09:24] | Well, there are several houses on the property. | 有几栋房子在一起 |
[09:25] | It’s called “Juniper Hill.” | 叫做桧柏山 |
[09:27] | And there’s this dude who welcomes you at the gate. | 大门口有人欢迎你 |
[09:28] | – Maurice. – Right, Maurice. | -马里斯 -对 马里斯 |
[09:30] | He says, “Welcome to Juniper Hill,” | 他说 欢迎来到桧柏山 |
[09:32] | – and then gives you an iced tea, right? – Stop talking. | -然后给你冰茶 -别说了 |
[09:34] | I don’t care what kind of fancy-ass hill you live on. | 我不管你住在什么高级山 |
[09:37] | Here at the Otto Estate, we don’t waste food. | 在奥图府 我们不浪费食物 |
[09:41] | Finish it. | 吃完 |
[09:42] | Wait. Is she serious? | 她是认真的吗 |
[09:44] | Mom, this is why no one ever waves us over | 妈 这就是沙滩上没人招手 |
[09:46] | to join them at the beach. | 要我们一起的原因 |
[09:47] | If he wants to be in our house, he lives by our rules. | 他要在我家玩 就得守我家的规矩 |
[09:54] | Dude, just eat it, man. | 伙计 快吃 |
[09:59] | When you’re done with that, I want you two morons | 你们吃完后 我要你们两个白痴 |
[10:01] | to hang these in the trees, | 把这些挂在树上 |
[10:03] | where the candy-cane forest is gonna be for Anna-Kat’s birthday. | 拐杖糖森林是为安娜凯特的生日准备的 |
[10:06] | Why isn’t your party planner doing that? | 你的派对策划人为什么不做呢 |
[10:07] | Oh, I don’t hire party planners, and I don’t hire hitmen. | 我不请派对策划人 不请职业杀手 |
[10:10] | I do all the work myself. | 所有的事情我亲自来 |
[10:12] | You feel me? | 明白吗 |
[10:19] | Talk to your wife. | 跟你老婆谈谈 |
[10:20] | She made my friend eat out of the garbage. | 她逼我的朋友吃垃圾桶里的食物 |
[10:23] | – What? Care to explain? – Nah. | -什么 想解释吗 -不 |
[10:34] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[10:35] | Playing Red Rover. | 玩手挽手向前冲 |
[10:36] | Come on, Eyo. | 走吧 埃约 |
[10:44] | Care to explain that? | 想解释吗 |
[10:46] | – Nah. – She’s 15, Greg. She’s pretty. | -不 -她15岁了 格雷格 她长得漂亮 |
[10:48] | She’s got my face and my body | 她遗传了我的脸和身材 |
[10:49] | before the misery of childbirth ruined it. | 没被生孩子毁掉的身材 |
[10:52] | It was only a matter of time before she got a boyfriend. | 她交男友是迟早的事 |
[10:54] | And as boyfriends go… | 当男友… |
[10:55] | I just don’t like the pace it’s going at. | 我不喜欢现在的进展 |
[10:56] | – She’s growing up. – Well, shut that down. | -她在长大 -阻止她 |
[10:59] | Love this irrational, protective side of you. | 我喜欢你不讲理过度保护的一面 |
[11:01] | And while we’re on the subject, I talked to the girls, | 既然说到这事 我跟闺蜜们谈过 |
[11:04] | and Angela says, statistically, | 安吉拉说 从统计学上说 |
[11:05] | kids are safer than when we were young. | 孩子们现在比我们小时候安全 |
[11:06] | Made me feel better about my promise I made to Anna-Kat. | 我对安娜凯特的承诺 不让我那么难受了 |
[11:09] | Statistics mean nothing if something happens to your kid. | 如果自己孩子有事 统计学一点意义也没有 |
[11:13] | You’re right. What was I thinking? | 你是对的 我在想什么 |
[11:15] | Sending her out into the forest like Little Red Riding Hood. | 像小红帽那样 让她去森林 |
[11:17] | That sweet little story ended in identify theft | 这个甜美小故事的结局是盗用身份 |
[11:19] | and a double murder. | 和双重谋杀 |
[11:21] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[11:22] | How do we tell our tragedy-obsessed daughter | 我们怎么对我们着迷于悲剧的女儿说 |
[11:24] | that we’re too afraid of the world | 我们对世界太恐惧 |
[11:26] | to let her walk a few blocks to the library? | 不想让她走几条街去图书馆 |
[11:28] | Well, let’s just lie to her. | 骗她 |
[11:30] | You’ve gotten on board with lying. | 你同意用骗这招了 |
[11:32] | Finally, something we can do as a couple. | 终于有了我们夫妻可以一起做的事 |
[11:36] | We were all set to let you walk to the library | 我们准备好了让你明天放学后 |
[11:38] | – after school tomorrow. – All set. | -走去图书馆 -都准备好了 |
[11:40] | But I didn’t know the rules that this town has. | 但我不知道这个地方的规矩 |
[11:43] | Apparently, in Westport, you have to be 10 years old | 显然在西港 你得满了10岁 |
[11:44] | to walk across the street by yourself. | 才能自己过马路 |
[11:46] | – We’re sick about it. – So sick. | -我们真心受不了 -完全受不了 |
[11:48] | But we don’t want you to go to jail, so… | 但我们不想让你坐牢 所以 |
[11:54] | How about if you walk me across the street | 不如你们在家门口 |
[11:56] | in front of our house? | 送我过马路 |
[11:58] | – Come again? – Then I can make it to the library | -你说什么 -这样去图书馆 |
[12:00] | without crossing another street. | 就不用再过马路了 |
[12:01] | Problem solved. | 问题解决了 |
[12:03] | Problem solved, Greg. | 问题解决了 格雷格 |
[12:06] | Great job. | 做得好 |
[12:08] | I should never have lied. Nana was right. | 我不应该说谎 奶奶说得对 |
[12:11] | If you’re feeling unsure about anything at all, | 如果你对任何事不确定 |
[12:13] | you can always ring a neighbor’s doorbell. | 你可以按邻居的门铃 |
[12:15] | The Lintons live there, the Sealanders there. | 林顿斯住这里 斯兰德斯在那边 |
[12:18] | They’re the Bumgarners. | 那是巴姆加纳家 |
[12:19] | Best skip that house. | 别找他家 |
[12:21] | Whenever our recycling bin overflows, I put it in theirs. | 我们的回收桶满了后 我就把垃圾放他们家 |
[12:24] | They’ve caught me like three times. | 被他们抓到过三次 |
[12:26] | – Got it. – Okay, | -明白 -好的 |
[12:28] | let’s say a van pulls up and a very nice person says | 一辆厢式车停下 非常和气的人说 |
[12:30] | he has your favorite type of candy and invites you inside. | 他有你最喜欢的糖果 邀请你上车 |
[12:31] | What do you do? | 你怎么做 |
[12:33] | – Does he have Pop Rocks? – Anna-Kat! | -他有跳跳糖吗 -安娜凯特 |
[12:34] | Kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[12:36] | I do what you taught me — no, go, yell, tell. | 我会按你教的做 “不跑叫告” |
[12:38] | I say no, run away as fast as I can, | 我说”不” 尽快跑开 |
[12:41] | yell my head off, and then tell a trusted adult. | 拼命大叫 告诉可信任的成年人 |
[12:43] | Good. And that goes for anyone stopping to ask for directions | 很好 对以下几种人也要这样 停下问路的人 |
[12:46] | or offers to give you a ride | 或要用车送你 |
[12:48] | or asks if you want to get in their car and pet their puppy. | 或问你要不要上车摸小狗的人 |
[12:50] | – How cute is the puppy? – Anna-Kat! | -小狗有多可爱 -安娜凯特 |
[12:51] | Kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[12:53] | You guys are too easy. | 你们太好骗了 |
[12:55] | Okay, well, so, the library is just right up there. | 好的 图书馆就在那边 |
[12:57] | Easy peasy. | 小菜一碟 |
[12:59] | Easy peasy. | 小菜一碟 |
[13:00] | Okay. What’s your info? | 好的 你的信息呢 |
[13:03] | Phone number — 203-555-0145. | 电话号码 2035550145 |
[13:05] | Address — 23 Woody Lane, Westport, Connecticut, 06880. | 地址 康州西港伍迪街24号 邮编06880 |
[13:09] | – Perfect. – Okay. | -完美 -好了 |
[13:10] | Trial run’s over. You go back to the house. | 试验结束 你们回家 |
[13:13] | I’m ready to go it alone. | 我准备好一个人走了 |
[13:17] | She’s ready. | 她准备好了 |
[13:19] | Yeah, but are we? | 是 我们呢 |
[13:20] | I don’t know. I’m so drained. | 我不知道 我好累 |
[13:22] | Kids should really come with a warning — | 生孩子应该有警告 |
[13:24] | do not have kids. | 不要生孩子 |
[13:28] | Anna-Kat is on her way. | 安娜凯特出发了 |
[13:30] | Good side — we’re not those crazy helicopter parents. | 好的一面 我们不是疯狂的”直升机家长” |
[13:33] | Bad side — we let our favorite child… | 坏的一面 我们让我们最爱的孩子 |
[13:34] | You’re not even hiding it anymore. | 都不藏着掖着了吗 |
[13:36] | …go out into the big, scary world by herself. | 一个人进入又大又吓人的世界 |
[13:38] | – How can we do that? – We’re not. | -我们怎么能这样做 -不 |
[13:40] | How we coming, boys? | 怎么样 小伙子们 |
[13:40] | It’s up and running. | 升空了 |
[13:42] | We’re following her with Cooper’s drone. | 我们用库珀的无人机跟着她 |
[13:43] | That’s brilliant. | 有才 |
[13:46] | Okay, we got eyes on her. | 好的 看到她了 |
[13:47] | There’s my baby! She’s alive! | 我的宝贝 她还活着 |
[13:50] | Oh, no, her shoelace is untied. | 不 她的鞋带松了 |
[13:51] | She’s gonna trip and crack her — | 她会绊倒摔坏她的… |
[13:53] | Oh, she didn’t need us to tell her. | 她不需要我们告诉她 |
[13:55] | She’s doing it on her own. | 她自己能行 |
[13:56] | I think this was a good decision. | 我想这是正确的决定 |
[14:00] | Oh, hey, there’s Taylor and Eyo. | 泰勒和埃约 |
[14:05] | Yeah, follow them. | 跟着他们 |
[14:08] | – What are you doing? – Dad, that’s not the mission. | -你做什么 -爸 这不是任务 |
[14:11] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[14:13] | Told you — it is on like James Caan. | 跟你说了 妥妥的 |
[14:16] | – It is. – Greg, it’s fine. | -是的 -格雷格 没事 |
[14:18] | – Keep your eyes on — – That is not lit. | -继续看着… -这可不帅 |
[14:20] | Greg, stop! | 格雷格 住手 |
[14:27] | Nice work, Greg. Anna-Kat’s off the radar. | 做得好 格雷格 安娜凯特不见了 |
[14:30] | Why couldn’t you let Eyo play a little grab-ass? | 你为什么不能让埃约摸下她的小屁屁呢 |
[14:32] | That drone was $5,000. | 无人机值五千块 |
[14:36] | We’ll call it even for the broken plate. | 你摔破了盘子 扯平了 |
[14:46] | I’m calling the library to make sure she made it okay. | 我打给图书馆 确认她到了 |
[14:50] | I’d be more worried about Taylor. | 是我的话 会更担心泰勒 |
[14:51] | You crashed a drone into her. | 你用无人机撞上了她 |
[14:53] | Hi. I was wondering if my daughter was there. | 你好 我想知道我女儿在那里吗 |
[14:55] | She’s 8, cute. She’s got red Converse sneakers. | 8岁 可爱 穿着红色匡威运动鞋 |
[14:59] | She’s there. | 她在那里 |
[15:01] | – Thank you. – She made it! | -谢谢 -她成功了 |
[15:05] | Oh. This is so ridiculous. | 真可笑 |
[15:07] | She walked a few blocks, and we’re celebrating | 她走了几条街 我们乐得就像 |
[15:08] | like the French when Lindbergh landed. | 林德伯格降落后 庆祝的法国人[飞行家] |
[15:10] | I know! | 就是啊 |
[15:11] | Wasn’t he the guy whose kid got snatched? | 他的孩子不是被绑架了吗 |
[15:15] | Go clean the toilets, Cooper. | 去刷马桶 库珀 |
[15:16] | Dude, she’s serious. | 伙计 她是认真的 |
[15:26] | You’re home! | 你回来了 |
[15:29] | Oh! I’m finally glad you learned to stop smothering me. | 我很高兴你学会了不再令我窒息 |
[15:32] | How was your walk? | 一个人出去怎么样 |
[15:34] | – Great. – I’m so glad. | -很好 -我真高兴 |
[15:36] | Until a car started driving next to me real slow. | 直到一辆车慢慢地开在我旁边 |
[15:39] | – What? – And then the window rolled down. | -什么 -然后窗户摇下来 |
[15:41] | – Who was it? – Me. | -是谁 -我 |
[15:43] | I followed her to make sure she made it home safely. | 我跟着她 确保她安全回家了 |
[15:46] | – Thank you. – I can’t believe you let an 8-year-old girl | -谢谢 -我不敢相信你让一个8岁女孩 |
[15:48] | wander the streets all by herself. | 一个人在街上走 |
[15:50] | Technically, I’m still 7. | 确切来说 我还没满8岁 |
[15:53] | What kind of mother are you? | 你算是什么样的母亲 |
[15:56] | A gluten-feeding, non-grape-cutting, | 给三个孩子吃麸质 不切葡萄 |
[15:59] | “Letting them swim right after they’ve eaten” | 让他们吃完饭后就去游泳 |
[16:00] | mother of three who slams the door on know-it-all moms. | 对着假万事通妈 当面摔门的妈 |
[16:03] | Leave me alone! | 滚远点 |
[16:07] | That’s how you deal with weirdos who follow you home. | 对跟着你回家的怪人就要这样做 |
[16:10] | Got it. | 明白 |
[16:18] | Apparently, Holly Kent told everyone | 显然 霍莉·肯特告诉所有人 |
[16:20] | I’m a terrible mom. | 我是个糟糕的母亲 |
[16:21] | I hope she has another kid | 我希望她再生一个 |
[16:23] | and they try for a third and they end up with twins. | 然后生三胎时生了个双胞胎 |
[16:26] | I love it when that happens. | 想想就开心 |
[16:28] | – Katie. – Tara. | -凯蒂 -泰拉 |
[16:31] | So we’ll be seeing Autumn at Anna-Kat’s birthday party? | 奥托姆会参加安娜凯特的生日派对 对吗 |
[16:33] | Yes, and I’ll be there, as well. | 对 我也会去 |
[16:35] | It’s a drop-off party. | 家长只送孩子去就行了 |
[16:37] | If I wanted an adult party, | 如果我要开成年人的派对 |
[16:38] | I would throw one and not invite you. | 我会开一个 然后不邀请你 |
[16:40] | Yeah, well, I’m not leaving my child unsupervised. | 我不会让我的孩子没人看着 |
[16:42] | She’s not going to be unsupervised. | 她不会没人看着 |
[16:44] | Greg and I will be there. | 格雷格和我会在 |
[16:45] | We don’t trust you to look after our children. | 我们不放心你照顾我们的孩子 |
[16:47] | – “We”? – Yes, we. | -我们 -对 我们 |
[16:51] | Aw, man. Why don’t I ever have a crew behind me anymore? | 老天 为什么我的身边不再有小团体了 |
[16:54] | Five or six Cuban girls would come in real handy right now. | 五六个古巴妹子 现在挺能撑下场子 |
[17:06] | Look at all this sugar. | 看这么多糖 |
[17:07] | What’s the theme of this party — | 派对的主题是什么 |
[17:08] | type 2 diabetes? | 2型糖尿病吗 |
[17:10] | Just being around it | 站在这里 |
[17:11] | makes me want to go to a sweat lodge in Sedona. | 就让我想去塞多纳的汗蒸棚 |
[17:13] | What kind of mother allows this? | 什么样的母亲会允许这样的事 |
[17:15] | The kind of mother that allows her child to roam the streets by herself. | 允许自己孩子一个人在街上游荡的母亲 |
[17:18] | Autumn! You know better. | 奥托姆 你知道的 |
[17:21] | Sugar kills. | 糖要人命 |
[17:22] | It’s a Pixy Stick, Tara. | 这是吸管糖 泰拉 |
[17:24] | Maybe if you pulled the stick out of your — | 也许你把你菊花里的… |
[17:26] | Tara, hi. I’m so glad you and Autumn could make it. | 泰拉 真高兴你和奥托姆来了 |
[17:29] | – Hey, Mom. – Hola, Mrs. Otto. | -妈 -你好 奥图太太 |
[17:31] | Oh, great. You’re still here? | 真好 你还在这里吗 |
[17:33] | Don’t you have a home? | 你没有家吗 |
[17:34] | Seven of them — Aspen, Lake Como — | 七个地方 白杨 科莫湖 |
[17:36] | Shut up. Go finish landscaping Lollipop Lane. | 闭嘴 去装饰完棒棒糖街 |
[17:41] | Cooper, are your parents at their home in Gstaad? | 库珀 你父母在格斯塔德的家吗 |
[17:44] | Oh, it has a moat, so technically it’s a castle. | 有护城河的 应该叫城堡 |
[17:46] | Well, tell them we miss seeing them at the club. | 我们俱乐部很想念他们 |
[17:48] | But I miss them the most. I’m Sage. | 但我最想他们 我是塞吉 |
[17:52] | I love how everyone kisses your ass | 我喜欢看到所有人拍你马屁 |
[17:54] | because your parents are the richest people in town. | 因为你父母是这里最有钱的人 |
[17:56] | Yeah, it’s pretty deluxe. | 的确挺爽 |
[17:58] | Grown men call me “Sir.” | 成年男人管我叫先生 |
[18:00] | – I don’t see Eyo. When’s he coming? – He’s not. | -我没看到埃约 他什么时候来 -他不来了 |
[18:03] | – And I have you to thank for it. – Me? | -我要感谢你 -我吗 |
[18:05] | We both know this relationship is a bad idea. | 我们都知道他们谈恋爱不是好事 |
[18:07] | I appreciate you scaring him off. | 我很感谢你吓跑他 |
[18:09] | Oh, you just had to go ahead and agree with me | 你非得说出来同意我 |
[18:12] | and ruin everything. | 毁了所有 |
[18:20] | I heard Eyo’s not coming. | 我听说埃约不来了 |
[18:24] | It’s my fault. | 是我的错 |
[18:25] | Yeah, it is. | 是的 |
[18:27] | Look, I think Eyo is a great kid, | 我觉得埃约是个好孩子 |
[18:29] | but you have to understand what it’s like | 但你得理解 看到自己的小姑娘 |
[18:31] | when you see your little girl with her first boyfriend. | 和初恋男友在一起是什么感受 |
[18:33] | It’s not easy for me. | 对我来说太难了 |
[18:34] | But I’m not a little girl. | 但我不是小姑娘了 |
[18:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:37] | But I have to start getting used to that. | 但我得慢慢习惯 |
[18:40] | I just want to make sure | 我只想确保 |
[18:42] | that you’re making the right decisions | 你做出了正确的决定 |
[18:43] | and not going too fast. | 不会进展太快 |
[18:44] | Dad, I got it. You have to trust me. | 爸 我明白 你得相信我 |
[18:48] | You’re right. I do. | 你说得对 我相信 |
[18:54] | Dad? | 爸 |
[18:56] | Thanks for looking out for me. | 多谢你保护我 |
[18:59] | And don’t worry — sex is not on the table. | 别担心 性不在考虑范围了 |
[19:01] | Sex was on the table? I was worried about second base. | 曾经在吗 我本来只担心上二垒 |
[19:06] | Since I’m now 8, | 现在我8岁了 |
[19:08] | I’m allowed to walk to the library all by myself. | 我可以一个人去图书馆了 |
[19:10] | How cool is that? | 是不是很酷 |
[19:11] | – Awesome! – No way! | -太棒了 -不可能 |
[19:15] | I want to walk to the library alone. | 我要一个人去图书馆 |
[19:17] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[19:18] | – No way. – Absolutely not. | -不可能 -当然不行 |
[19:20] | I wouldn’t be a good parent if I let you. | 我让你去 我就不是好妈妈了 |
[19:22] | That’s it. I don’t want to ruin Anna-Kat’s party, | 够了 我不想毁了安娜凯特的派对 |
[19:24] | but I’m not gonna stand by — | 但我不会站在一边 |
[19:25] | Hey! You can’t talk about Mrs. Otto that way. | 你们不能这样说奥图太太 |
[19:28] | Do you have any idea on what type of mother Mrs. Otto is? | 你们知道奥图太太是什么样的母亲吗 |
[19:32] | Sure, she might come across as rude and sarcastic | 没错 她可能给人的印象是粗鲁 尖酸 |
[19:35] | – and uncultured and — – Move to your next point. | -没文化 -说重点 |
[19:38] | But Mrs. Otto is the best mom in town. | 但奥图太太是这里最好的妈妈 |
[19:41] | I mean, look at this party. | 看这个派对 |
[19:42] | She did it all by herself | 她亲手操办的 |
[19:44] | without a party planner or nannies or chefs. | 没有派对策划人 没有保姆和大厨 |
[19:47] | Who here can say that they’ve ever done that? | 你们谁能说自己这样做过 |
[19:49] | Heck, my last five birthdays, | 见鬼 我过去五年的生日 |
[19:51] | my parents haven’t even been in the country. | 我父母根本不在国内 |
[19:53] | She doesn’t care how rich my family is. | 她不在乎我家多有钱 |
[19:55] | And she doesn’t kiss up to me like the rest of you. | 她不像你们那样拍我马屁 |
[19:58] | She calls me on my crap, which I kind of like. | 我做错事她会骂我 我挺喜欢的 |
[20:01] | It means that she cares. | 这代表她真的关心 |
[20:02] | So, everyone, calm down. | 各位 冷静 |
[20:04] | She let her daughter walk to the library by herself. | 她让她女儿一个人去图书馆 |
[20:07] | Big whoop. | 什么大不了的 |
[20:09] | Now, leave her alone or you’re all off the list | 现在别烦她 否则你们别想参加 |
[20:11] | for the Juniper Hill Winter Gala. | 桧柏山冬季舞会 |
[20:14] | Comprende? | 明白吗 |
[20:18] | Okay, cake time. | 吃蛋糕了 |
[20:20] | Who wants gluten?! | 谁要吃麸质食物 |
[20:32] | Hey, Oliver, come get ready. | 奥利弗 快准备好 |
[20:34] | We’re taking the whole family out to dinner. | 我们一家人去吃晚餐 |
[20:36] | Oh, you should try Lonergan’s on Elm. | 你们应该试试榆树街的朗尼根餐厅 |
[20:37] | They have this Kobe steak that’s dry-aged for 125 days. | 他们的神户牛排干式熟成的日期有125天 |
[20:40] | Mm. We’re going to the Spaghetti Hut in Norwalk, | 我们去诺瓦克的意粉屋 |
[20:43] | where the meatballs are also aged 120 days, | 那里肉丸的日期也有120天 |
[20:46] | but that’s not on purpose. | 但不是故意的 |
[20:49] | Well, I better be getting home then. | 我回家了 |
[20:51] | Where the hell are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[20:52] | I said the whole family. | 我说了一家人 |
[20:55] | But first, get your stupid Vespa off my lawn, | 但先把你的小摩托从我家草坪开走 |
[20:58] | or I’ll kill you. | 否则我会杀了你 |