时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | I’ll get it. | 我来开 |
[00:07] | Okay, this is why I have a strict rule against blind dates. | 好吧 所以我才不盲目接受别人安排的约会嘛 |
[00:11] | Um, Mom? | 呃 妈妈 |
[00:14] | Sam… there’s something you forgot to tell me? | 萨姆 你是不是有些事忘了跟我说啊 |
[00:17] | Uh, yeah. Fredo’s owners are going out of town | 呃对 弗莱多的主人最近要外出一段时间 |
[00:20] | and I told them we’d take care of him. | 所以我就跟他们说我们可以照顾弗莱多 |
[00:22] | It must have slipped my mind. | 不小心忘了嘛 |
[00:25] | You volunteered us to baby-sit a chimp | 你自愿让全家都来照顾一只小猩猩 |
[00:27] | and it slipped your mind? | 居然还忘了 |
[00:31] | But he’s way cuter than Matt | 可是他比马特可爱多了啊 |
[00:33] | and I’m sure he has much better table manners. | 而且 我敢保证他的吃相也更上得了台面 |
[00:35] | Here’s the stuff, Sam-a-lama. Thanks for looking out for him. | 东西我们送来了 萨姆好兄弟 谢谢你的帮助 |
[00:38] | Sure thing. Good luck at that lumberjack competition. | 不客气 祝你们在伐木工比赛上好运 |
[00:41] | Thanks, man. I hope we do better than last year. | 谢啦 老弟 我希望我们能比去年表现得要好 |
[00:49] | Hey, Fredo, old buddy… | 嘿 弗莱多 老朋友 |
[00:50] | now you’re going to behave yourself, right? | 现在起你要学会管好自己 懂吧 |
[00:53] | Ma’am. Thanks again, Sam. | 夫人 还有萨姆 再次感谢了 |
[00:55] | Did you mention this to Matt? | 你跟马特说过这事儿了吗 |
[00:56] | Nah. Why? | 没 怎么了 |
[00:58] | Well, the last time Fredo was here | 嗯 上次弗莱多来这里的时候 |
[01:00] | He and Matt didn’t exactly see eye-to-eye. | 他和马特互相看对方可不大顺眼 |
[01:02] | Oh, that’s just a little misunderstanding. | 噢 只是有点小误会而已 |
[01:04] | I don’t see any trouble. | 我可没觉得有什么不妥 |
[01:12] | Oh, you’re right, Dad. He should be fine. | 说得对 爸爸 他会没事的 |
[01:19] | If you believe | 如果你相信 |
[01:23] | We’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[01:26] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[01:29] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们不过是在尽力而为 |
[01:34] | And sometimes we make it | 有时我们会取得成功 |
[01:38] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时我们会搞砸 |
[01:41] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[01:47] | We’ll figure it out on the way. | 我们会在途中解决所有难题 |
[01:51] | Lizzie McGuire S02E28 The Greatest Crush of All | |
[01:56] | I wonder if Carrot Top is his real name? | 我才不相信“胡萝卜头”是他的真名呢 |
[01:58] | Right. | 没错 |
[02:01] | Holy-moly. Who is that guy? | 妈妈咪呀 那人是谁 |
[02:05] | Wow. | 哇 |
[02:06] | Allow me to translate wow. | 我来翻译一下“哇”的意思 |
[02:11] | Who is that guy? | 那人到底是谁 |
[02:12] | He is obviously a Greek god who has come down to Earth | 他肯定是化身下凡来教我们社会学的 |
[02:15] | to teach social studies at our school. | 完美希腊天神 |
[02:19] | No, he cannot be a teacher here. | 不会的 他怎么可能是这里的老师 |
[02:21] | Our teachers here look like they came from a carnival sideshow. | 我们的老师一个个都像在狂欢节上玩杂耍的人一样 |
[02:27] | Well, maybe he’s a model posing for a magazine | 呃 那也许他是一个要给杂志拍硬照的模特 |
[02:29] | and he got lost on the way to the photo shoot. | 然后在去找摄影棚的路上迷路了 |
[02:31] | Let’s go give him directions. | 我们去给他指路吧 |
[02:34] | -Oh. -Oh. | -哇 -喔 |
[02:35] | Locker face for Beth Edelstein. | 柜门正中贝丝・爱德尔斯坦的脸啊 |
[02:38] | Who is that guy? | 他究竟是谁啊 |
[02:42] | My name is Keith. Ewan Keith. | 我姓基斯 伊万・基斯 |
[02:48] | I’ll be filling in for Mrs. Stebble for several days. | 我来帮斯泰宝夫人代课一段时间 |
[02:51] | What’s wrong with Mrs. Stebble? | 斯泰宝夫人怎么了 |
[02:52] | Who cares? | 谁在乎这个 |
[02:54] | Zip it, Tudgeman. Let the man talk. | 闭嘴 塔奇曼 听老师讲 |
[02:57] | Mrs. Stebble actually broke her collarbone parasailing in Cancun | 斯泰宝在坎昆度假的时候不小心把锁骨摔骨折了 |
[03:00] | There–you happy? | 听到没 满意了吧 |
[03:02] | Now who can tell me…? | 好了 谁能告诉我 |
[03:06] | Where we are in the textbook? You. | 之前讲到课本的哪一章了 你来吧 |
[03:10] | Chapter… Um… Chapter… | 第 呃 第 |
[03:16] | Okay, um… | 好吧 那么 |
[03:20] | How about you? | 你来说吧 |
[03:23] | Uh… fractions? | 呃 分数的部分 |
[03:28] | This is an English class. | 这门是英语课 |
[03:31] | Right. English. | 对 英语课 |
[03:33] | Actually, we were getting ready to begin learning about poetry. | 其实我们已经准备要上到诗歌那章了 |
[03:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:39] | And you are? | 请问你是 |
[03:41] | Guire McLizzie… | 奎尔・迈利齐 |
[03:43] | Lizwire McMc… | 利兹怀尔・迈迈 |
[03:45] | Izzie McGizzie… | 伊琪・麦姬琪 |
[03:47] | Um, Lizzie McGuire. | 呃 利齐・迈奎尔 |
[03:48] | Hey, that came out right. | 嘿 我居然说对了 |
[03:50] | Well, we should all be grateful to Lizzie McGuire | 这么说来 我们都应该谢谢利齐・迈奎尔同学 |
[03:54] | for starting us on the long and winding road of poetry. | 让我们能够开始这段漫长又曲折的诗歌旅程 |
[04:01] | And tripping over the starting line. | 在起点上就绊了一跤 |
[04:03] | Before we’re done we’ll have our personal favorite poets. | 在我们开始前 我想每个人都有自己喜欢的诗人 |
[04:06] | Do you know, | 你们知道吗 |
[04:07] | mine happens to be a Scotsman named Robert Burns. | 我最喜欢的是一个名叫罗伯特・彭斯的苏格兰人 |
[04:10] | Who said the fairest hours | 他曾经说过 |
[04:12] | he ever spent were spent among the ladies. | 他最美妙的时光是和女士们在一起度过的日子 |
[04:15] | And this was well before the existence of Ms. Britney Spears. | 而说这话的时候 布兰妮小姐还没出生呢 |
[04:21] | Now, who here thinks that poetry is dull? | 好吧 在座的哪位觉得诗歌很枯燥 |
[04:27] | Oh, come on. Let’s be completely honest. Huh? | 噢 别害羞 我们诚实点吧 好吗 |
[04:32] | Right. Now who here actually knows any poems? | 这才对 又有哪位背过什么诗吗 |
[04:36] | “Beans, beans, the musical fruit” doesn’t count. | “豆子 豆子 会唱歌” 这首不算 |
[04:36] | (注:此为英国童谣) | |
[04:39] | The truth is is that a lot of poetry is dull. | 事实就是这样 很多诗歌确实是很枯燥 |
[04:44] | But a lot of poetry is about love and passion. | 可是也有很多诗歌讲述的是关于爱情和激情 |
[04:51] | And if you’re a guy– | 而如果你是个男生 |
[04:52] | It’s how to get the women to fall for you. | 诗歌会让所有女生都为你倾倒 |
[04:57] | All right, I’m on board. | 很好 我加入了 |
[04:59] | This guy’s cool. | 这人挺酷啊 |
[05:00] | He’s a cross between Hugh Grant and James Bond. | 他是休・格兰特和詹姆斯・邦德的混合体 |
[05:03] | And he has blue eyes you could just drown in. | 还有着一双能让你深深沉迷其中的湛蓝的眼睛 |
[05:08] | All right, you don’t like me and I don’t like you. | 好 你不喜欢我 我也不喜欢你 |
[05:11] | But we’re stuck together for a few days | 可是这段日子我们非得生活在一起 |
[05:13] | so here’s how it’s going to work. | 所以我有个解决的办法 |
[05:17] | You stay on your half of the house | 你只能在这房子里属于你的那半块活动 |
[05:19] | and I’ll stay on my half of the house. | 我呢 也只待在我的这半边 |
[05:21] | Matt, you are not dividing the house. | 马特 你不能把这房子一分为二 |
[05:25] | Why can’t you get along with this little guy? | 你为什么就是和这小家伙相处不来呢 |
[05:26] | Because he’s a demon in a chimp form. | 因为他是一个藏在猩猩身体里的恶魔 |
[05:30] | Son, you know you could have a lot of fun with Fredo. | 儿子 你知道其实你可以和弗莱多一起玩的 |
[05:32] | He could be like your little brother. | 你可以把他当成你的小弟弟 |
[05:35] | I guess if I could put up with Lizzie | 我猜如果我能忍受利齐 |
[05:37] | I can put up with a chimp. | 我也应该能忍受他 |
[05:40] | It might be fun having a little brother. | 有个小弟弟应该也挺好玩的 |
[05:43] | I’m not getting one from you guys any time soon, am I? | 短时间内你们应该不会给我弄来个小弟弟吧 |
[05:48] | -Hey, how about this cute chimp. -Fredo, cute chimp, cute. | -嘿 哪来的可爱小猩猩啊 -弗莱多 真可爱 |
[05:53] | Come on, honey. | 一起来吧 宝贝 |
[05:54] | -All right. -That’s my kid. | -是啊一起吧 -这才是乖孩子 |
[05:59] | So did you read the poem last night? | 你昨晚读了那首诗没 |
[06:01] | Oh, yeah. Actually Robert Burns wasn’t that bad. | 噢 读了 其实罗伯特・彭斯也没那么烂嘛 |
[06:04] | Yeah, we Scotsmen sure do know how to write. | 对啊 我们苏格兰人最懂写诗了 |
[06:06] | Scotsman? Gordo, you’re Jewish. | 苏格兰人 戈多 你是犹太人 |
[06:08] | Excuse me? Gordon’s a Scottish name. | 不好意思 戈登可是个苏格兰姓 |
[06:11] | My great-grandfather was from… | 我的曾祖父来自 |
[06:13] | a wee village in Kentire. | 肯泰尔的一个村庄 |
[06:15] | I’m one-eighth Scottish and I’m going with it. | 我有八分之一的苏格兰血统 我骄傲 |
[06:19] | Uh… | 呃 |
[06:20] | What? The brutish Scot routine works for Mr. Keith | 干嘛 基斯先生那套粗犷的苏格兰形象效果不错 |
[06:23] | so I was going to break me off a piece of that | 所以我也打算按那套路来狂野一下 |
[06:25] | and make every fair lass in trouble with a passion over me. | 也许能让每个小姑娘都迷得神魂颠倒 |
[06:30] | I mean something to make all the girls like me? | 意思就是说让所有女生都喜欢上我 |
[06:32] | Oh, yeah. It’s working already. | 噢 是这样啊 已经开始有效果了 |
[06:35] | I feel a bit, um… faint. Oh… | 我觉得有点 小晕 噢 |
[06:39] | Lizzie, are you all right? | 利齐 你还好吗 |
[06:41] | Have you been eating in the cafeteria? | 你是刚刚在食堂是午饭了吗 |
[06:43] | No, I was just fooling around. | 没有 我就是和同学在玩而已 |
[06:45] | Yeah, well, you take the high road and I’ll take the low road. | 好吧 你和高手对话 我努力成为高手 |
[06:48] | But I’ll be in math class afore ye. | 不过我会赶在你前头到数学课教室的 |
[06:52] | Um, so… I had a question about our homework last night. | 是这样的 关于昨晚的作业我有个地方没看懂 |
[06:55] | You know, the poem that you gave us? | 还记得吗 就是你给我们布置的那首诗 |
[06:57] | Okay. | 记得的 |
[06:58] | “The pleasures are lie poppies spread. | 但是欢乐犹如那盛开的罂粟花 |
[07:00] | “you seize the flower, its bloom is shed | 枝头刚摘下 艳色即已差 |
[07:02] | “or like the snow falls in the river– | 它又像雪片落在河上 |
[07:05] | a moment white, then melts forever.” | 顷刻的晶莹 永恒的消亡 |
[07:07] | Um, what does that mean? | 呃 这是什么意思 |
[07:09] | Well, what do you think it means? | 这么说吧 你觉得它是什么意思 |
[07:11] | Um… I think it means that fun doesn’t last forever. | 我想它应该描述的是欢乐总有收场的时候 |
[07:15] | So when it’s over you should get on with your life. | 所以每到此时 应该坦然面对 继续你的生活 |
[07:18] | That’s exactly right. | 就是这个意思 |
[07:20] | Oh, that stinks. Talk about depressing. | 噢 好讨厌的诗 居然鼓动别人消极生活 |
[07:24] | That’s very good, Lizzie. | 这是好的预兆 利齐 |
[07:25] | You’re getting at the deeper meaning of things. | 你已经开始懂得深入去了解这些诗句了 |
[07:27] | I like to see that in my students. | 我喜欢看到我的学生表露出这样的特质 |
[07:35] | He likes me! Ewan likes me. | 他喜欢我 伊万喜欢我 |
[07:37] | Ah, my love is like a red, red rose that’s newly sprung in June. | 啊 我的爱 是六月里初次绽放的那朵红玫瑰 |
[07:43] | Drink up, Fredo. | 开心地喝吧 弗莱多 |
[07:44] | I knew you’d like grape soda with chocolate syrup. | 我知道你喜欢混着巧克力糖浆的葡萄味苏打水 |
[07:48] | Hey, you want to play baseball with me? | 嘿 你想和我一起打棒球吗 |
[07:52] | Come on, let’s go. You can pitch. | 来吧 我们去玩吧 你可以当投球手 |
[07:55] | We can go out and have a good time | 我们出去玩 享受美好的时光 |
[07:57] | If I go wrong I’ll still be fine | 就算中途小曲折 我也一样不心烦 |
[07:59] | Yeah, yeah, yeah | 没错 没错 没错 |
[08:01] | Because I have my best friend | 因为我有最好的朋友在身旁 |
[08:04] | I can hang out with a real bad guy | 我能和一个坏男生出去玩 |
[08:06] | If he breaks my heart I’ll still be fine | 就算他让我伤心 我也不心烦 |
[08:08] | Yeah, yeah, yeah | 没错 没错 没错 |
[08:10] | Because I have my best friend | 因为我有最好的朋友在身旁 |
[08:12] | You and I | 你和我 |
[08:15] | Friends 4-Ever | 是永远的朋友 |
[08:24] | Till the end of time, time, time | 这辈子都是这样 共度时光 |
[08:32] | Friends forever… | 永远的朋友 |
[08:34] | And the two chimps lived happily ever after.” | 从此以后 这两只猩猩就过着幸福的生活 |
[08:37] | The end. | 故事完 |
[08:40] | Friends forever | 永远的朋友 |
[08:43] | Well done on your papers, everyone. | 各位 大家的论文写得都非常好 |
[08:48] | Oh, an “A.” I’m ever so proud. | 噢 一个A 我真骄傲 |
[08:51] | I’ll be facing the merriment in Castle Gordon tonight. | 今晚戈登城堡里又可以开个庆祝派对了 |
[08:55] | Laurence, the parallel you drew between the character | 劳伦斯 你拿汤姆・奥桑特和 |
[08:58] | of Tam O’ Shanter and Jabba The Hutt in Star Wars | 和星战里那个赫特人贾巴拿来比较的做法 |
[09:01] | was quite imaginative. | 非常有创意 |
[09:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:03] | And completely wrong. | 可惜大错特错 |
[09:06] | Uh, Lizzie…Splendid work. | 利齐 完成得非常出色 |
[09:10] | Splendid work. | 非常出色 |
[09:11] | Now I’ll grow up, marry him | 我现在只要等着长大 然后嫁给他就好 |
[09:13] | and we’ll split the Nobel Prize in… rhyming things. | 然后我们可以一起分享诺贝尔 押韵奖 |
[09:17] | Uh, class, please read Chapter Three by tomorrow. | 呃 各位同学 回去请预习明天要讲的第三章 |
[09:20] | I’ll see you then. | 明天见 |
[09:25] | -Mr. Keith. -Yes? | -基斯先生 -什么事 |
[09:26] | I got you this book at Booktapus. | 我去书店的时候顺便买你买了本书 |
[09:28] | I thought you might like it. | 我想你会喜欢的 |
[09:30] | It’s about Robert Burns. | 是罗伯特・彭斯的传记 |
[09:31] | Where he grew up and stuff. | 关于他的成长之类的故事 |
[09:34] | So why is Miranda sniffing around my future husband? | 为什么米兰达要围着我未来的丈夫乱转 |
[09:37] | Thank you, Miranda. That’s very thoughtful. | 谢谢你 米兰达 你真体贴 |
[09:41] | Oooh, Miranda has a crush on Mr. Keith. | 噢 米兰达也迷上基斯老师了 |
[09:44] | Miranda must be destroyed! | 必须摧毁她的想法 |
[09:47] | Miranda, what was that? | 米兰达 你刚才在干嘛 |
[09:49] | I gave Mr. Keith a book. | 给基斯先生一本书啊 |
[09:51] | Well, don’t. I saw him first. | 这样子啊 最好不要 我先看见他的 |
[09:53] | Okay, you don’t own him. | 那又怎样 他又不是你的 |
[09:54] | Neither do you. | 也不是你的 |
[09:55] | Well, he thinks I’m thoughtful. | 拜托 他觉得我很体贴 |
[09:57] | Well, think about this–back off, okay? | 噢 那我觉得你应该闪一边去 好吗 |
[09:59] | Don’t waste your time, kids. He likes me. | 别浪费你们的时间了 一群幼稚王 他喜欢的是我 |
[10:02] | He gave me two stars and a smiley face. | 他给我打了两颗星 还画了个笑脸呢 |
[10:04] | That’s because he feels sorry for you, stretch. | 那是因为他觉得你很可怜 大话精 |
[10:07] | It’s obvious he likes me. | 很明显嘛 他喜欢的是我才对 |
[10:09] | Back off! I’m bringing him cookies tomorrow. | 滚开 我明天还要给他带曲奇饼呢 |
[10:10] | Oh good. And then I can take him to the emergency room | 噢很好 那我可以在他生病的时候 |
[10:13] | when he gets sick. | 送他去急诊室 |
[10:13] | Okay, he likes brunettes. | 好吧 他喜欢深褐色头发的女生 |
[10:15] | No, it’s obvious he likes redheads. | 才怪 谁都知道他喜欢红发的女生 |
[10:16] | No, he likes blondes! | 不对 他喜欢金发女生 |
[10:18] | Are you kidding me? | 是在开玩笑吧 |
[10:21] | Do you believe this? | 你能相信这一切吗 |
[10:22] | No. They should be fighting over me. | 不信 她们应该为我吵架才对 |
[10:26] | Tudgeman. | 塔奇曼啊 |
[10:30] | This is ridiculous. Everybody knows he’s mine. | 太荒唐了 大家都知道他是我的 |
[10:34] | And I’m going to win this cat fight. You hear that, Miranda? | 我一定要赢得这场女生战争 你听到没 米兰达 |
[10:41] | Hi, Mr. Keith. Isn’t it a beautiful day? | 嗨 基斯先生 今天天气不错哈 |
[10:45] | Um, I really like the homework last night. | 那个 我超级喜欢昨晚留的作业 |
[10:47] | Love is like a red, red rose. | 爱情 是一朵鲜艳 娇嫩的玫瑰 |
[10:49] | It’s delicate and it’s beautiful and… | 精致 美丽 而且 |
[10:52] | And time’s up, Malibu Barbie. | 而且你的时间到了 马利布芭比同学 |
[10:54] | Mr. Keith, I brought you a thistle. | 基斯先生 我买了盆蓟花给你 |
[10:57] | They grow wild in Scotland. | 是苏格兰野生的噢 |
[11:05] | Morning, Mr. Keith. | 早安 基斯先生 |
[11:05] | Morning, Lizzie. Are you finding time to read Ivanhoe? | 早上好 利齐 你抽空去读那本《艾凡赫》了吗 |
[11:09] | Oh, yeah. It’s very interesting. | 噢 当然了 那书挺有意思的 |
[11:11] | Interesting? It’s 904 pages of dull. | 有意思 满满的994页都是无聊 |
[11:15] | But if I want to be Mr. Keith’s favorite | 可是如果我想让基斯先生喜欢我 |
[11:17] | I need some kind of gimmick. | 我就得耍点小手段 |
[11:19] | Um, I’m a little confused by something in chapter three. | 对了 第三章我有一些地方不明白 |
[11:21] | Hi, Mr. Keith. I made some cupcakes last night. | 你好啊 基斯先生 我昨晚做了些纸杯蛋糕 |
[11:24] | Excuse me. Mr. Keith and I were talking about Ivanhoe. | 抱歉 基斯先生和我正在讨论艾凡赫的问题呢 |
[11:27] | Uh-huh. They’re butterscotch you know, | 了不起 是奶油硬糖口味的 |
[11:27] | (注:butterscotch和苏格兰的后几个字母相同) | |
[11:29] | because of Scotchland. | 因为苏格兰嘛 |
[11:32] | Anyway, I was wondering if, um, maybe we could discuss | 所以说 我想也许 呃 我们可以接着讨论 |
[11:35] | what I was having a little problem with. | 我不太理解的那几个问题 |
[11:38] | Oh! I’m sorry. | 噢 真是抱歉 |
[11:41] | Well, it’s, uh, it’s about time for class to start. | 好吧 差不多 呃 差不多到上课时间了 |
[11:47] | You did that on purpose. | 你是故意的 |
[11:48] | No, I didn’t, | 不 才不是 |
[11:49] | plus you shouldn’t be bringing him cupcakes anyway. | 话说回来你不应该带纸杯蛋糕过来 |
[11:51] | Oh, I’m not allowed to like someone? | 怎么 我就不能有喜欢的人吗 |
[11:53] | Not somebody that I like. | 不能和我喜欢同一个人 |
[11:57] | Now, before we get started, in honor of Robert Burns’ birthday | 在上课前讲件事 为了纪念罗伯特・彭斯的生辰 |
[12:02] | the school and the Scottish Cultural Center | 学校和苏格兰文化研究中心 |
[12:05] | will be hosting a Burns Festival here on Saturday. | 决定在周六举行一个彭斯晚宴 |
[12:08] | Would anyone be interested? | 有人有兴趣去吗 |
[12:09] | Will you be there? | 你会去吗 |
[12:11] | The whole evening. | 整晚都在 |
[12:14] | So you’re going to this thing, | 所以你是一定要去的咯 |
[12:15] | why again? | 再问一次 是为了什么啊 |
[12:17] | Well, to listen to some poetry | 就是 去听听关于诗歌的东西 |
[12:19] | and to hear some folk music and stuff. | 还有听些民歌什么的 |
[12:21] | So I can spend time with the most | 这样我整晚都能和世上现存的 |
[12:23] | wonderful man who ever breathed | 最完美男人在一起 |
[12:25] | and become Mrs. Most Wonderful Man Who Ever Breathed. | 然后成为世界上最完美的男人的夫人 |
[12:28] | And your teacher’s making you all do this? | 你们老师要求你们全都要去吗 |
[12:30] | No, he’s not “making” us. | 不 他没有强制要求 |
[12:32] | Mr. Keith makes poetry really, really interesting | 基斯先生让诗歌变得非常 非常有趣 |
[12:35] | and he’s really sensitive | 而且他又是那么感性的一个人 |
[12:37] | and he doesn’t make us feel like dumb kids, so… | 还有 他从来不会把我们当成是幼稚的小孩 |
[12:40] | I want to go. | 所以我很想去 |
[12:41] | I get it. Got a little crush on your teacher. | 明白 对你的老师有点小喜欢吧 |
[12:46] | I do not. All the girls want him to notice us | 才没有 每个女生都想让他注意自己 |
[12:52] | and for once, I want to be the girl who gets noticed. | 我也想当一个受人瞩目的女生 哪怕一次也好 |
[12:54] | Not Kate, not Claire. but… me. | 不是凯特 不是克莱尔 而是我 |
[12:59] | Honey, I know how you feel. | 亲爱的 我了解你的感受 |
[13:01] | I remember when I was your age it seemed like there was always | 我还记得当我像你这么大的时候 |
[13:03] | somebody that got the thing that you want. | 就好像 你身边总有人得到你想要的东西 |
[13:06] | Huh? Mom actually gets it? | 啥 妈妈真的了解这种感觉 |
[13:09] | It’s very tough trying to compete for attention like that. | 每次试着想超过她们 获得关注 真的是很难 |
[13:14] | So, you had a crush on somebody? | 那妈妈 你以前也喜欢过什么人吗 |
[13:16] | Oh, yeah. That lifeguard at the city pool. | 噢 当然 市游泳池的救生员 |
[13:20] | I thought he was the greatest thing on Earth. | 当时我觉得他是地球上最美好的事物 |
[13:23] | So, um, how did it work out? | 那后来有好结果吗 |
[13:25] | It didn’t. | 没有 |
[13:26] | But I saw him recently, and, uh, he lost all his hair | 不过最近我见他了 他几乎秃顶了 |
[13:31] | and he was the assistant manager at the local Dairy Freeze | 当了本市一家冰淇淋店的副经理 |
[13:34] | and lived with his mother. | 却还和他妈妈住在一起 |
[13:35] | So, it really made me appreciate | 知道这些后 我很高兴 |
[13:37] | what a great catch your father is. | 当初找到的是你爸这样好的男人 |
[13:39] | Oh, no! Broken nose! Ah, yah! Ow! | 噢不 打到鼻子了 啊啊啊 |
[13:48] | Dad and Fredo were playing football | 爸爸刚才在和弗莱多踢足球 |
[13:50] | and Fredo really pegged one in there | 然后弗莱多使劲踢了一脚 |
[13:52] | and hit Dad right in the nose! | 结果球正好打到爸爸的鼻子 |
[13:57] | -Sam, we’d better get you to the Emergency Room. -Yeah. | -萨姆 我们还是快点去急诊室吧 -好 |
[13:59] | Matt, go get in the car. | 马特 快坐到车上去 |
[14:00] | Lizzie, I need you to baby-sit Fredo. | 利齐 我需要你照顾弗莱多 |
[14:03] | But, Mom, the festival starts, like, in an hour. | 可是妈妈 一个小时以后晚宴就要开始了 |
[14:05] | Honey, I need you to do this. | 宝贝 我需要你的帮忙 |
[14:07] | Come on, Sam. | 走吧 萨姆 |
[14:11] | Great. | 太好了 |
[14:12] | My perfect opportunity to go and get Mr. Keith to like me | 本来应该是让基斯先生喜欢上我的时机 |
[14:15] | and I have to baby-sit a monkey. | 结果我却要照顾一只猴子 |
[14:21] | But it’s not your fault, is it? No. It’s not my fault either. | 可这不是你的错 对吧 也不是我的错 |
[14:25] | So, um, let’s get going, banana boy. | 所以 我们一起去吧 香蕉小子 |
[14:31] | Okay. Come on. | 好了 出发 |
[14:35] | So, uh, the feast begins. | 哇 大餐开始啦 |
[14:37] | We fill our gabs with all this food of Scotland. | 在苏格兰 我们可是拿这些东西填肚子的哦 |
[14:41] | Eh… what do we have here? | 呃 这些是什么 |
[14:44] | That’s blood pudding made from cow’s blood and suet. | 这个盘子里的是拿牛血和板油做的黑香肠 |
[14:48] | There’s haggis made from the innards of a sheep | 这个盘子呢是羊内脏做的杂碎布丁 |
[14:50] | sewed up in its stomach and cooked. | 是把所有的羊杂碎放进羊肚里一起煮出来的 |
[14:53] | And here we have cold, boiled kidneys. | 然后这个呢 是熟猪腰冷盘 |
[14:56] | This is what you guys eat? | 这就是你们平常吃的东西吗 |
[15:00] | That’s it. I’m back to being Jewish. The food is better. | 够了 我还是回去当犹太人吧 起码吃的好一些 |
[15:04] | Like garbage, this smells. Feh! | 这些东西闻起来就像垃圾一样 恶 |
[15:07] | More kidneys for me. | 我还要来些猪腰子 |
[15:10] | Ooh. Psst! Gordo! | 噢 噗哧 戈多 |
[15:16] | Oh, yeah. | 就是这样 |
[15:17] | Um… I need your help. | 呃 我需要你的帮忙 |
[15:20] | You sure do. Your date is really underdressed. | 那还用说 你的同伴看来可是衣冠不整啊 |
[15:23] | I know. I-I got stuck baby-sitting Fredo | 我知道 我妈非要我照顾弗莱多不可 |
[15:25] | and I was hoping maybe you could help me take care of him | 所以我想这段时间也许你能帮我看着他 |
[15:27] | so I can help Mr. Keith do his reading. | 这样我就能帮基斯先生准备他的朗读节目了 |
[15:30] | You want I should take care of a chimp? | 你觉得我就应该去照顾一只猩猩吗 |
[15:31] | To you, I’m a zookeeper. | 在你眼里 我只是个动物园饲养员吧 |
[15:34] | Yeah, it’ll be a mitzvah. | 好吧 下不为例 |
[15:35] | Yes! Thank you, Gordo. I promise I’ll make it up to you. | 很好 谢谢你 戈多 我保证以后会回报你的 |
[15:38] | I should live so long. | 但愿我能活到那一天 |
[15:43] | Ah, Lizzie. I was afraid you weren’t going to make it. | 啊利齐 我还担心你赶不过来呢 |
[15:46] | I wo…I wouldn’t miss it. Did you hear that, Miranda? | 我不 不会错过的 听到没有 米兰达 |
[15:50] | He was, um…He was afraid I was going to make it. | 他在 他在担心我不能赶过来哎 |
[15:52] | Yeah. Big whop. | 是啊 了不起的好消息 |
[15:55] | When are you giving your reading, Mr. Keith? | 你要什么时候上台朗读呢 基斯先生 |
[15:57] | Oh, any minutes now. | 噢 现在开始每一分钟都有可能 |
[15:58] | I’m going to videotape it. | 我打算全都录下来 |
[16:00] | I’m going to videotape it. | 我打算全都录下来 |
[16:01] | And next on our program, we’ll be hearing | 接下来 我们将听到的是 |
[16:03] | some of the great poetry of Robert Burns. | 罗伯特・彭斯作品选读 |
[16:06] | Fredo’s gone. | 弗莱多不见了 |
[16:06] | What? How could you lose him, Gordo? | 什么 你怎么能让它走丢啊 戈多 |
[16:09] | First of all, we have Ewan Keith. | 首先 让我们有请伊万・基斯 |
[16:11] | Well… wish me luck, everyone. | 好了 祝我好运吧 各位 |
[16:15] | You’ve got to help me find him. | 你一定得和我一起去找到它啊 |
[16:17] | Gordo, I’m going to miss Mr. Keith. | 戈多 这样我会错过基斯先生的朗读的 |
[16:20] | He’s going to think I don’t like him. | 他会以为我不喜欢他 |
[16:24] | Fine. Let’s go. Go. | 算了 走吧 走吧 |
[16:35] | Spring’s when a young man’s fancy, | 已是春天 彷徨青年 |
[16:37] | nightly tender thoughts of love. | 夜夜徘徊 轻轻回味爱的想念 |
[16:40] | Nice night for romance, huh? | 多么有浪漫感觉的夜晚 是吧 |
[16:45] | Why fight it any longer, Katie? | 为什么还要和命运挣扎呢 凯蒂 |
[16:50] | We’re meant to be. | 我们是命中注定的一对 |
[17:03] | Oh! Fredo! Come on, boy. | 噢 弗莱多 快下来 小子 |
[17:06] | Here, Fredo! Come on! | 来 弗莱多 快下来 |
[17:12] | Ow! Okay, watch your foot, Princess Graceless. | 疼 拜托你走路看着点 没教养国的公主 |
[17:16] | Hey, I was sitting there! | 嘿 这本来是我的座位 |
[17:17] | You ain’t now. | 现在不是了 |
[17:25] | Miranda, y-you’ve got to help me. I was baby-sitting this chimp | 米兰达 你一定得帮帮我 我在照顾一只猩猩 |
[17:29] | and he got away and I know that I smushed your cupcakes | 然后他溜走了 我知道我压坏了你的杯子蛋糕 |
[17:32] | and I’m really, really sorry, | 我真的非常非常抱歉 |
[17:33] | but he’s in the gym and I can’t climb. | 现在他在体育馆里 我爬不上去 |
[17:34] | I mean, you always get an “A” in rope climbing. | 我是说 考攀绳的时候你总是能拿A |
[17:37] | Can you please help me? | 求求你帮我把他弄下来好么 |
[17:39] | Well, I can’t argue with that. | 这个 我没办法拒绝这样的请求 |
[17:42] | “Green grow the rushes o. | 灌木丛又绿了 |
[17:46] | “Green grow the rushes o. | 灌木丛又绿了 |
[17:49] | “The fairest hours there I spent | 那些我与娴静少女们共度的美好时光 |
[17:52] | were spent among the lass’s o.” | 也过去了 |
[17:55] | Move, you’re blocking my view. | 往旁边挪点 你挡住我的视线了 |
[17:57] | Too bad. | 真不巧 |
[18:03] | Somebody’s going to pay for that! | 必须有人为此付出代价 |
[18:09] | Oh. You got him down. | 噢 你已经把他弄下来了 |
[18:11] | He jumped on my head. | 是他自己跳到我头上来的 |
[18:12] | I… I didn’t have too much to do with it. Ow. | 我 我都没做什么事 疼 |
[18:16] | And you came even though | 而即使我把你的蛋糕给压烂了 |
[18:17] | I squashed the cupcakes. | 你还是愿意来帮我 |
[18:18] | That is so cool. | 你真好 |
[18:19] | It is not very often you get to chase a monkey. | 可以追着一只猴子跑的机会又不是天天都有 |
[18:22] | Well, you might get another one right now with this guy | 噢 看来你得再去找一只猩猩来了 |
[18:24] | that doesn’t let go of my ear! | 这只抓着我的耳朵不肯放啊 |
[18:26] | So, I’m really sorry about acting like a snob | 抱歉 我在关于基斯先生这整件事里 |
[18:28] | about this Mr. Keith thing. | 表现得像个自大狂一样讨厌 |
[18:30] | I guess for once, I just wanted to be the girl | 我只是想要一次能让最帅的人注意到我的机会 |
[18:32] | that-that cool guy noticed. | 哪怕一次也好 |
[18:34] | Me, too. I guess we’re going to have | 我也一样 我觉得下次我们应该事先约好 |
[18:35] | to work out a system for handling this kind of thing. | 在对待这类问题上 我们得先达成共识 |
[18:38] | I’m serious, | 我说真的 |
[18:39] | this guy is pulling my ear off my head. Ow, ow… Ow. | 这家伙快把我的耳朵揪掉了 疼疼疼 |
[18:45] | So, anyway, you want to go and see Mr. Keith’s poetry reading? | 那 呃 你还想回去听基斯先生朗读吗 |
[18:48] | Yeah. There’s still time for him to notice one of us. | 当然 还有时间让他注意到我们俩中的任何一人 |
[18:51] | “The Prince’s hand | 王子的手 |
[18:53] | “She tried on man.” | 她轻轻握住了 |
[18:56] | “And then she made the lass’s o | 之后对少女们说 |
[18:59] | Oh, would you stop it, for pity’s sake?’ | 噢 行行好吧各位 都停下手行吗 |
[19:04] | Who wants some haggis? | 谁想来些杂碎布丁啊 |
[19:10] | Oh… I never knew poetry could be so… violent. | 哇 我从来不知道诗歌还可以这么 暴力 |
[19:14] | Maybe we should just go home. | 也许我们还是直接回家比较好 |
[19:16] | Maybe we could go to a deli, get a nice piece of fish. | 或者我们可以去趟熟食店 吃顿好鱼大餐 |
[19:24] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[19:26] | Oh, what’s… what’s this for? | 噢 怎么 怎么忽然拿这个给我 |
[19:28] | For helping me catch the chimp. | 为了感谢你帮我找那只小猩猩 |
[19:30] | Would you believe there are no greeting cards for that? | 居然都没有关于这个的贺卡卖 搞什么啊 |
[19:33] | Mmm! I should help you catch chimps more often. | 真好吃 我应该常常帮你找猩猩才行 |
[19:36] | Lizzie! Miranda! Good morning. | 利齐 米兰达 早上好 |
[19:38] | Mr. Keith, I see you got all the haggis out of your hair. | 基斯先生 你把头发上的杂碎布丁都清干净了啊 |
[19:41] | I did; I had to buy a special shampoo. | 是啊 用了一种强力的洗发水才去掉味道 |
[19:44] | But actually I wanted to thank you two for not being involved | 不过我来其实是为了感谢你们俩 |
[19:46] | in all that mishugas the other day. | 没有参与昨晚的mishugas |
[19:48] | mishugas “Mishugas”? | |
[19:50] | It’s a Yiddish word, and it means craziness. | 是犹太人说的意第绪语 意思是疯狂的举动 |
[19:52] | Gordo taught it to me. | 戈多教我说的 |
[19:53] | Yeah, but he’s good for that stuff. | 对 他确实是这方面的专家 |
[19:56] | You know, I’m very, very impressed with you two. | 你们知道么 我对你们俩印象非常 非常好 |
[19:59] | You seem immune to this childish crushes | 你们俩看起来并没有陷入到那种普通高中女生 |
[20:01] | that middle school girls are always getting. | 常出现的孩子气的迷恋之中 |
[20:04] | You’re the only two in my entire class that seemed grown up. | 你们俩是我所有班里心智最接近成年人的学生 |
[20:09] | Yeah… um, I know. Why do girls have to be like that? | 没错 呃 我懂 为什么女生就非得是那样子呢 |
[20:12] | Yeah, we, uh, very mature for our age. | 是啊 相对于我们的年龄来说我们是很成熟 |
[20:15] | Right. Well, I have to go face them all again. | 对的 好了 我又得去面对他们了 |
[20:19] | Spilkes these kids are giving me. Oy! | 这些孩子真让我头疼啊 唉 |
[20:24] | we’re grown up! He thinks we’re all grown up! | 我们已经长大了 他觉得我们像成年人 |
[20:27] | I know. That’s so cool. | 我明白 真酷 |
[20:29] | Listen, let’s promise never to fight over a guy ever again | 听着 我们来保证此后再不会为一男生争吵好吗 |
[20:33] | especially when we have no hopes in getting. | 尤其是明明知道不可能喜欢上我们的人 |
[20:35] | Deal. But I get Brad Pitt. | 说定了 不过布拉德・皮特是我的噢 |
[20:39] | Only if I get Heath Ledger. | 只要我有希斯・莱杰就够了 |
[20:40] | Oh, but I get Josh Hartnett. | 噢 这样的话乔什・哈奈特也是我的 |
[20:41] | No, no, no, he’s mine. | 不不不 他是我的 |
[20:42] | I saw him first! | 是我先看到的 |
[20:50] | You take the high road, I’ll take the low ra… | 你身边站的是高手 我努力去呃 |
[20:54] | Chapter three… | 第三章 |
[20:55] | Hi, Mr. Keith. I made some cupcakes last night. | 嗨 基斯先生 我昨晚烤了些纸杯蛋糕 |
[20:59] | Splendid work! Now I’ll grow up. | 非常出色 现在我快长大了 |
[21:03] | Mr. Haggis, I… Oh, Mr. Keith! | 羊杂碎先生 噢是基斯先生 |
[21:06] | Haggis?! | 羊杂碎 |