时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Nice one, Gordo. | 好球 戈多 |
[00:13] | This is Gordo’s house. | 看戈多露两手 |
[00:15] | Who talks like that? | 谁喜欢这么说话 |
[00:16] | Give me the rock. | 看我的 |
[00:17] | Ethan does. | 伊桑喜欢 |
[00:18] | I’m not a big fan of gym– | 我不太喜欢运动 |
[00:20] | especially basketball– | 特别是篮球 |
[00:21] | but when the opportunity to guard Ethan Craft comes up, | 但是如果是防守伊桑的话 |
[00:24] | you take it. | 乐意效劳 |
[00:30] | Miranda’s got game. | 米兰达要发威了 |
[00:32] | -I want game. -Our game is busy guarding Ethan. | -我也想发威 -我们的任务就是防守伊桑 |
[00:35] | True, but it’s worth every second. | 确实 但是每一秒都很值得回味啊 |
[00:40] | All right, watch and see how it’s done. | 好吧 看看我是怎么进球的 |
[00:57] | Uh… is that how it’s done, Gordo? | 呃 就这么进吗 戈多 |
[00:59] | How did he do that? | 他怎么做到的 |
[01:01] | Maybe next time, little man. | 下次再进吧 小兄弟 |
[01:04] | Is there anything Ethan can’t do? | 世上还有伊桑做不到的事吗 |
[01:06] | Yeah, count past ten without taking his shoes off. | 有啊 不用脚就能数过十 |
[01:09] | But if he was cute and smart | 如果他又帅又聪明的话 |
[01:11] | he’d be Super Ethan | 他就是超人伊桑了 |
[01:12] | and I don’t think the universe is ready for that. | 宇宙还没做好接受他的准备呢 |
[01:15] | But I am. | 但我已经准备好了 |
[01:16] | Can we talk about something else? | 换个话题好吗 |
[01:17] | How about who Ethan’s going to ask to the dance Friday. | 比如说伊桑会邀请谁一起去星期五的舞会 |
[01:20] | You. | 你 |
[01:21] | Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! | 我 我 我 我 我 |
[01:23] | I mean, I-I don’t care. Whatever. | 我是说 谁在乎啊 随便了 |
[01:26] | Oh, I doubt he’s going to ask you guys. | 邀请你们的可能性为零 |
[01:29] | -Gordo! -Gordo! | -戈多 -戈多 |
[01:30] | It’s probably true, but he doesn’t have to say it. | 说的倒不假 但他也不用非得说出来啊 |
[01:33] | You’re just saying that | 你这么说 |
[01:33] | ’cause you don’t have a date for the dance. | 是因为没人跟你一起去 |
[01:35] | Look, middle school’s hard enough without the | 初中已经够麻烦的了 |
[01:36] | added pressure of who I’m taking to the dance. | 你们还给我增加邀请女孩去舞会的压力 |
[01:39] | So, I guess we’re all three going together? | 那么 就咱们仨一起去了 |
[01:41] | Cool. | 挺好 |
[01:42] | I guess it’s just the three amigos flying solo. | 三个好朋友都是单身赴会了 |
[01:45] | Uh, hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[01:46] | Hey, Parker. | 嘿 帕克 |
[01:48] | So, Gordo, you’re a pretty good basketball player. | 戈多 你是个很棒的篮球运动员啊 |
[01:50] | I am? Oh, uh, yeah, I-I am. | 说我吗 哦 是啊 我是很棒 |
[01:55] | Parker complimenting Gordo on basketball? | 帕克在夸戈多篮球打得好 |
[01:58] | You don’t think… Nah! | 难道说她 不会啦 |
[02:00] | Yeah, you were totally robbed of that last basket. | 刚才那个球你是被盖了才没有进 |
[02:03] | Thanks, uh, I was. | 谢谢 确实是 |
[02:04] | Yep. See you around. | 待会儿见 |
[02:06] | Later. | 再见 |
[02:09] | What was that? | 什么情况 |
[02:10] | Apparently Gordo’s new best friend Parker. | 很明显 戈多的新朋友 帕克 |
[02:13] | I think I’m going to ask her to the dance. | 我该邀请她做我的舞伴 |
[02:16] | One compliment, and Parker’s in? | 夸了一句就被邀请了 |
[02:18] | I compliment Ethan every day | 我每天都夸伊桑 |
[02:19] | and he’s never asked me to a dance. | 他也没邀请过我一次 |
[02:21] | But what our no-dates-to-the-dance policy? | 那我们的“无舞伴政策”还算不算数了 |
[02:24] | What, I-I can change my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[02:26] | Maybe it’s time to take a chance. | 也许这回我也该尝试一下 |
[02:27] | Live a little. | 活得大胆一点 |
[02:32] | Well, I guess it’s just the two amigos. | 现在只剩俩好朋友了 |
[02:36] | Yeah, well, you’re a better dancer than Gordo anyway. | 是啊 反正你比戈多跳得好 |
[02:43] | If you believe | 如果你相信 |
[02:47] | We’ve got a picture-perfect plan | 我们事先就有一个绝妙的计划 |
[02:50] | We’ve got you fooled | 那你就错了 |
[02:53] | ‘Cause we only do the best we can | 我们不过是在尽力而为 |
[02:58] | And sometimes we make it | 有时候我们会取得成功 |
[03:02] | And sometimes we fake it | 有时候我们会把事情搞砸 |
[03:05] | But we get one step closer each and every day | 但我们离目标一天比一天近 |
[03:11] | We’ll figure it out on the way. | 我们会在途中解决一切难题 |
[03:17] | Lizzie McGuire S02E26 A Gordo Story | |
[03:24] | Hey, Matt. | 嘿 马特 |
[03:25] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[03:26] | I need to talk to you guys. | 我想和你们谈谈 |
[03:29] | One day. | 就一天 |
[03:29] | Could we have one day without him getting into trouble? | 我们只想有一天他能不闯祸 都不能如愿 |
[03:33] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[03:34] | Um, we have to kind of give a report at school | 我要在班上做一个报告 |
[03:37] | about our ancestors and I was wondering | 是关于我们的祖先的 我在想 |
[03:40] | do we have any ancestors? | 我们有祖先吗 |
[03:42] | Of course we do. | 当然有了 |
[03:43] | What kind of stuff do you need to know? | 你想知道什么方面的 |
[03:45] | Not much. Just where we came from and stuff. | 很简单 比如说我们是从哪儿来的 |
[03:48] | my grandparents came here from Poland | 我爷爷奶奶是二战的时候 |
[03:50] | during World War II. | 从波兰过来的 |
[03:52] | My grandfather worked on an assembly line in a candy factory | 我爷爷在糖果厂的组装线工作 |
[03:56] | and my grandmother worked in a hospital making beds. | 我奶奶在医院铺床 |
[04:01] | Interesting. | 挺好玩 |
[04:04] | Please tell me you’ve got something better than that. Please! | 求你了 告诉我你们有更好内容 求你了 |
[04:08] | How about William “Braveheart” Wallace? | 威廉・“勇敢的心”・沃伦斯 怎么样 |
[04:10] | The guy who freed Scotland from English rule. | 那个把苏格兰从英国的统治下解放出来的人 |
[04:13] | That’s pretty good. | 很不错 |
[04:15] | If it were true. Which it’s not. | 说的跟真的似的 不是真的 |
[04:17] | Your father came from dairy farmers in Kalamazoo. | 你爸爸是从卡拉马祖的牛奶牧场来的 |
[04:21] | I’m just trying to spice it up a little. | 我只是想润色一下 |
[04:23] | He doesn’t need spice. | 他不需要润色 |
[04:24] | He needs to know about his family history. | 他只需要知道自己家族的历史 |
[04:26] | I was just hoping we were related to someone famous. | 我希望我们能和哪个名人沾点边 |
[04:29] | I mean Lanny’s related to Crispus Attucks. | 我是说 兰尼就和克里斯普斯・阿塔克斯有关系 |
[04:32] | He was the first American to be killed in the Revolutionary War. | 他是独立战争中第一个牺牲的美国人 |
[04:35] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[04:36] | That’s pretty cool. | 那很酷啊 |
[04:38] | But I guess we’re just the boring McGuires. | 但我们只是 无聊的迈奎尔家族 |
[04:41] | I’ll just go upstairs and write my boring report. | 我只好上楼去写我无聊的报告了 |
[04:48] | Diary farmers? | 挤奶的 |
[04:53] | So, did you ask her yet? | 你问过她了吗 |
[04:58] | Uh… no. | 呃 没有 |
[04:59] | So, what, you changed your mind? | 怎么了 你改变主意了 |
[05:01] | Well, no… | 不是 |
[05:03] | He’s so nervous. | 他太紧张了 |
[05:04] | It’s like alternate-universe Gordo. | 就像是另一个平行宇宙里的戈多 |
[05:07] | Oh, it’s so cute. | 哦 好可爱啊 |
[05:09] | Well, go ask her. | 去问她呀 |
[05:11] | Yeah, it’s not that hard. | 是啊 没那么难的 |
[05:13] | Have either of you ever asked Ethan Craft out to a dance? | 那你们俩有人去邀请过伊桑吗 |
[05:16] | -No. -No. | -没有 -没有 |
[05:17] | And why not? | 为什么 |
[05:18] | -Because it would be so embarrassing. -Mortifying. | -因为那样就太尴尬了 -不好意思 |
[05:20] | Exactly. | 就是嘛 |
[05:21] | I guess being a guy is harder than I thought. | 我猜做个男生比我想象的要难 |
[05:24] | Come on, Gordo, you can do this. | 别这样 戈多 你可以的 |
[05:25] | Yeah, the worst she can say is, um, “no”. | 是啊 最坏的结果不过是她跟你说“不行” |
[05:29] | But if she did then you’d just be stuck with us. | 就算她说了你还和我们一起去啊 |
[05:32] | But she won’t. | 但是她不会这么说的 |
[05:34] | Uh… okay. | 呃 好吧 |
[05:35] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运 |
[05:40] | Gordo! Gordo! Gordo!… | 戈多 戈多 戈多 |
[05:45] | Hey, Parker. | 嘿 帕克 |
[05:54] | -So, uh, math homework, huh? -Yeah. | -数学作业对吧 -是啊 |
[05:57] | Yeah. Lots of math homework. | 很多的数学作业 |
[06:00] | Yeah. I-It is. | 是啊 很多 |
[06:02] | So, uh, d-did you hear the one about the King of Norway? | 你听过那个挪威国王的故事吗 |
[06:06] | So, what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[06:07] | It doesn’t look good. | 好像不太妙 |
[06:08] | I hope he didn’t tell the King of Norway joke. | 希望他没有讲那个挪威国王的笑话 |
[06:12] | Ooh, I-I think he’s going to ask. | 我想他要开始问了 |
[06:14] | He’s the one doing the asking | 他在那边问 |
[06:15] | and I’m the one who’s nervous. | 而我在这儿紧张 |
[06:18] | Well, it was great talking to you, Gordo, but I got to motor. | 很高兴和你聊 戈多 但是我得走了 |
[06:20] | Oh, um, okay. | 哦 好的 |
[06:22] | Uh, Parker, I was wondering. | 呃 帕克 我在想 |
[06:25] | Do you think you’d, maybe like to go to the dance with me? | 你觉得你可以跟我一起去舞会吗 |
[06:32] | I’m sorry, I can’t. | 对不起 我不行 |
[06:41] | Looks like a “no”. | 好像被拒绝了 |
[06:49] | Maybe I’m related to Mark McGwire. | 也许我和马克・迈奎尔(棒球运动员)有关系 |
[06:53] | It could happen. | 有可能的 |
[06:56] | I can’t believe you’re related to Crispus Attucks. | 真不敢相信你竟然和克里斯普斯・阿塔克斯有关系 |
[06:58] | I mean, he’s an American patriot. | 我是说 他是个美国的爱国者 |
[07:02] | And I have to follow it up with a report that says | 而我只能在这篇报告里描述 |
[07:05] | I’m related to Kalamazoo dairy farmers. | 我和卡拉马祖的奶农的关系了 |
[07:10] | Okay, I-I guess I’ll see you tomorrow, Lanny. | 好吧 还是明天见吧 兰尼 |
[07:17] | This is hard. I mean, there’s so much out there. | 真难写 其实有很多种可能啊 |
[07:20] | I could be related to George Washington | 我可能和乔治・华盛顿有关系 |
[07:23] | and not even know it. | 但是自己却不知道 |
[07:27] | And no one else would know it either. | 别人也不会知道啊 |
[07:32] | Or maybe… I could remember the Alamo. | 也许 我也可以见证阿拉默一战 |
[07:38] | Or maybe… Elvis. | 也许是 猫王 |
[07:43] | Yeah. That’s it. | 太好了 |
[07:45] | Vegas, baby. Vegas. | 拉斯维加斯 宝贝儿 |
[07:49] | Okay, so tell me exactly what Parker said. | 告诉我帕克到底怎么跟你说的 |
[07:51] | She said “Sorry, I can’t.” | 她说 “对不起 我不行” |
[07:53] | But it looked like everything was going great. | 但看上去一切都很顺利啊 |
[07:55] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[07:57] | I guess I’m just the guy you say “hi” to in the hallway | 我猜我是那种适合跟别人在走廊里打招呼 |
[07:59] | and not the guy you actually go out with. | 但并不适合跟别人约会的人 |
[08:01] | No Gordo… | 不是的 戈多 |
[08:02] | that doesn’t make any sense. | 没有道理嘛 |
[08:04] | It’s Parker. She’s weird. | 问题在帕克 她是个怪胎 |
[08:09] | That girl’s got some ‘splaining to do. | 她需要作出解释 |
[08:13] | I’m going to be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[08:16] | Uh, Parker… | 帕克 |
[08:17] | Oh, hi, Lizzie. | 嗨 利齐 |
[08:19] | Hey. So, um… | 嘿 那么 |
[08:21] | it looked like you and Gordo were having a good time. | 看样子你跟戈多相处得挺好的 |
[08:23] | Yeah. He’s pretty cool. | 是啊 他很酷 |
[08:24] | Yeah, he is. So… | 是啊 的确是 那么 |
[08:27] | why’d you turn him down for the dance? | 你为什么要拒绝跟他去舞会呢 |
[08:29] | Because he’s short. | 因为他太矮了 |
[08:33] | That’s not a reason. | 这不能算个理由 |
[08:34] | “I can’t go because my cat died” is a reason. | “我的猫死了所以我不能去”才算 |
[08:37] | Parker, you are short. | 帕克 你自己也矮 |
[08:39] | Listen, Lizzie, I know he’s your friend. | 听着利齐 我知道他是的你朋友 |
[08:41] | Well, he’s a great guy to hang out with, and all, but… | 要是一起出去玩他也是不错的人选 只是 |
[08:44] | I don’t want to go out with a short guy. | 我不想和一个矮子一起出去 |
[08:48] | Later. | 回头见 |
[08:51] | Parker is such a witch. | 帕克真不善 |
[08:53] | It’s a good thing Gordo doesn’t care what other people think. | 还好戈多不在乎别人的想法 |
[08:59] | Or… maybe not. | 也许他在乎呢 |
[09:01] | Are you okay, Gordo? | 你还好吗 戈多 |
[09:03] | Yeah. Never been better. | 嗯 再好不过了 |
[09:10] | Lizzie… what just happened? | 利齐 发生什么了 |
[09:14] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[09:20] | So, have you talked to Gordo since yesterday? | 昨天那事儿之后你找过戈多吗 |
[09:23] | I tried calling him but | 我打过电话 |
[09:24] | his parents said he was doing homework. | 但是他父母说他在写作业 |
[09:26] | He’s doing homework? | 写作业 |
[09:27] | See, I told you he’d get over it. | 看 跟你说了他没事了 |
[09:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:29] | I-I’ve never seen Gordo take anything so personally. | 我没见过戈多这么介意一件事 |
[09:32] | I mean, it’s Gordo. | 我是说 那可是戈多啊 |
[09:33] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[09:34] | He’s usually the one telling us | 他一直都告诉我们 |
[09:36] | not to care what other people think. | 不要太在意别人的想法 |
[09:38] | It’s like we’ve switched identities. | 好像我们交换了身份一样 |
[09:54] | Nice boots. | 靴子不错 |
[09:55] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呀 |
[09:56] | Running away to a rodeo or something? | 赶着去表演马戏啊 |
[09:58] | What? These? I’ve had them forever. | 什么 靴子吗 我早就买了 |
[10:00] | I’ve worn them, like, a million times. | 我都穿了几万次了 |
[10:02] | Hold it right there, pardner. | 等一下 伙计 |
[10:03] | I don’t think you’re telling the truth. | 你好像没说实话 |
[10:05] | The price tag is still on them. | 标价牌还没剪呢 |
[10:09] | Uh, Gordo, about yesterday… | 戈多 关于昨天 |
[10:11] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[10:12] | Did you know that the average 14-year-old male | 你知道吗 十四岁男性的平均身高 |
[10:14] | is five foot six which makes me only four inches shorter | 是五英尺六英寸 也就是说我 |
[10:16] | than the average 14-year-old male. | 只比平均值矮了四英寸 |
[10:18] | Well, good for the average 14-year-old male, then | 呃 那就恭喜这位有着十四岁平均身高的男孩喽 |
[10:20] | but, Gordo you’ve always been above average. | 但是 戈多你一直都比一般人优秀 |
[10:23] | Exactly, and most males hit their growth spurt by 15 | 非常正确 而且大部分男性会在十五岁时猛长 |
[10:27] | which means I still have a year to grow. | 也就是说我还有一年可以长 |
[10:28] | Everything’s cool. | 一切都没问题 |
[10:29] | Oh, so, you’re cool with Ethan and Parker | 哦 那伊桑和帕克一起去跳舞 |
[10:31] | going to the dance together. | 你也不介意了吧 |
[10:35] | And the award for bad timing goes to… | 最差时机奖的获奖者是 |
[10:40] | Figures. Tall guys get everything. | 明白了 高个子就能得到所有东西 |
[10:42] | Since when is Parker “everything”? | 帕克什么时候成了“所有” |
[10:44] | With the way she treated Gordo, | 从她对待戈多的方式看 |
[10:46] | she’s not anything. | 她什么都不是 |
[10:47] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:48] | Ethan could do so much better. | 伊桑比她好得多的多 |
[10:51] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[10:53] | What did you mean, then? | 那你什么意思 |
[10:54] | You guys are part of the problem. | 你们也是问题的一部分 |
[10:55] | You know. You buy into the whole “tall guy” thing. | 你们很吃“高个子”这一套 |
[10:57] | Look at who you have a crush on– | 看看你们暗恋谁 |
[10:59] | Ethan Craft. | 伊桑・克拉夫特 |
[11:00] | We don’t like him ’cause he’s tall. | 我们喜欢他又不是因为他高 |
[11:02] | Why, then– because he’s smart? | 那是为什么 因为他聪明吗 |
[11:04] | You know what? Just… | 知道吗 |
[11:05] | just leave me alone. Forget it. | 让我一个人待着吧 别管了 |
[11:07] | You know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Gordo… this way. | 知道吗 我从来见看过戈多这样 |
[11:11] | What do you do when the person with all the answers | 当那个总是能给出答案的人 |
[11:13] | is the person with the problem? | 现在面临一堆问题的时候该怎么办 |
[11:16] | I’m going to go talk to him. | 我去和他谈谈 |
[11:17] | No. Just give him some time. | 别 给他点时间吧 |
[11:20] | What are we going to do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[11:22] | He’ll talk to us when he’s ready. | 他想明白之后会和我们说的 |
[11:26] | Well done, Lanny. | 讲得很好 兰尼 |
[11:29] | Crispus Attucks, huh? | 克里斯普斯・阿塔克斯 |
[11:31] | Quite impressive. | 很令人印象深刻啊 |
[11:32] | You must be proud to be related to an American patriot. | 和爱国者有关系你肯定很骄傲 |
[11:35] | And next up, we have Matt McGuire. | 接下来 欢迎马特・迈奎尔 |
[11:43] | You know, we’ve all heard of George Washington | 我们都知道乔治・华盛顿 |
[11:46] | as the founding father of this country. | 我们国家的缔造者 |
[11:49] | But who knew that he was the founding father… of my family? | 但谁又知道他 也是我们家族的创造者呢 |
[11:56] | And then, the family moved to Texas | 后来 整个家族搬到德克萨斯 |
[11:58] | where they changed their name… | 他们在那儿改了姓 |
[12:01] | to Crockett. | 改成了克罗基特 |
[12:01] | That’s right– Davy Crockett | 很对 就是大卫・克罗基特 |
[12:05] | who made his last stand at the Alamo. | 他曾在阿拉莫坚守至死 |
[12:07] | But if Davy Crockett died at the Alamo | 但是如果大卫・克罗基特死在阿拉默了 |
[12:09] | wouldn’t that be the end of your family tree? | 那你们家族不就绝后了吗 |
[12:11] | Please hold your questions till the end. | 问题都留到最后 |
[12:13] | Thank you, and moving on. | 谢谢 我们继续 |
[12:17] | And then, good old Uncle Elvis | 然后 猫王叔叔 |
[12:20] | picked up a guitar… | 拿起了吉他 |
[12:22] | and changed the face of music forever. | 永远地改变了音乐的历史 |
[12:26] | That’s right, I’m all shook up. | 是啊 我也很震惊 |
[12:29] | From fighting for our country | 从为我们的国家战斗 |
[12:31] | to fighting for rock ‘n roll | 到为摇滚战斗 |
[12:34] | the McGuires have not only seen history | 迈奎尔家族不只是见证了历史 |
[12:37] | but they’ve made it, baby. | 他们更书写了历史 |
[12:38] | Thank you! Thank you very much. Thank you. | 谢谢 非常感谢 谢谢 |
[12:45] | …Said I wasn’t her type | 我知道自己不是她的菜 |
[12:46] | I wish I was a little bit taller | 我希望能长高一点 |
[12:48] | I wish I was a baller | 我希望我很会打球 |
[12:49] | I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her | 我希望能有个漂亮的女朋友 我会给她打电话 |
[12:51] | I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat | 我希望我的帽子里有一只兔子还有蝙蝠 |
[12:54] | And a six-foot impala | 还有一只六英尺的黑斑羚 |
[12:56] | I wish I was a little bit taller | 我希望我能长高一点 |
[12:57] | I wish I was a baller… | 我希望我很会打球 |
[12:58] | A girl who looked good… | 漂亮的女孩 |
[13:02] | …in a hat with a bat and a six foot impala | 有蝙蝠 黑斑羚 |
[13:05] | I wish I had a brand new car | 我希望我有辆新跑车 |
[13:05] | (个子这么高 才能上哈佛) | |
[13:07] | So far I got this hatchback | 现在我只有一辆大货车 |
[13:08] | And everywhere I go, yo, I gets laughed at | 不管到哪儿我都被人笑话 |
[13:10] | And when I’m in my car, I’m laid back | 当我在车里的时候 我会靠在座位上 |
[13:11] | I got an eight track | 听着八轨磁带 |
[13:13] | And a spare tire in the back seat | 后座还有备胎 |
[13:14] | But that’s flat | 却是泄了气的 |
[13:14] | And do you want to know what’s really wack? | 你知道更奇怪的是什么吗 |
[13:16] | See, I can’t even get a date… | 我甚至约不到女孩儿 |
[13:34] | Nice game, Mr. Dig. You got skills. | 打得好 迪格老师 你水平很高啊 |
[13:36] | No, you’re just easy to beat. | 不 是你太弱了 |
[13:38] | Come on, why do you got to be like that? | 别这样 干嘛要这么说呢 |
[13:41] | Hey, yo, Gor-don! | 嘿 戈登 |
[13:42] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[13:46] | Mr. Dig, how does a guy like you beat Ethan? | 迪格老师 像你这样的人是怎么打败伊桑的 |
[13:48] | Practice, Mr. Gordon, practice. | 练习 戈多 多练习 |
[13:50] | In fact, I taught Allen Iverson the crossover. | 事实上 艾弗森的换手过人是我教的 |
[13:53] | There’s no defense against it. | 无人可挡 |
[13:57] | This isn’t about basketball, is it? | 你的问题跟篮球没关系 对吧 |
[13:59] | -Not exactly. -Yeah, so, what’s up? | -没有 -那是什么事 |
[14:00] | Well, I asked Parker to the dance, and… | 我邀请帕克做我的舞伴 |
[14:03] | she turned me down. | 她拒绝了 |
[14:04] | The end. | 说完了 |
[14:05] | So, a girl turned you down. | 一个女孩儿拒绝了你 |
[14:07] | When I was in middle school | 我上初中那会儿 |
[14:08] | I got turned down so many times | 被拒绝不知道多少次了 |
[14:09] | I thought I was a bed sheet. | 我感觉自己像块破床单一样没用 |
[14:12] | She turned me down ’cause I’m short. | 她是因为我矮才拒绝我的 |
[14:13] | Oh, yeah. I guess I should be used to it by now | 没错 我猜到现在了 我该习惯了 |
[14:18] | since I’m going to be like this for the rest of my life. | 因为我剩下的人生中都会是这样 |
[14:21] | My parents aren’t exactly giants. | 我父母又不高 |
[14:23] | Well, you don’t know how tall you’re going to be. | 你又不知道你会长多高 |
[14:25] | My parents are both over six feet tall | 我父母身高都超过了六英尺 |
[14:26] | and I’m not exactly Shaquille O’Neal. | 可我最后也没成为奥尼尔 |
[14:29] | I’m not any shorter today than I was last week. | 我也不是今天突然比以前矮了 |
[14:31] | It just never seemed to be so important before. | 只是以前我没觉得身高这么重要过 |
[14:34] | And now it’s all I can think about. | 现在我满脑子都是这个 |
[14:36] | No, trust me, I-I get it. | 不 相信我 我懂的 |
[14:37] | All I can tell you is that when I decided | 我只能告诉你 当我决定 |
[14:40] | that being short didn’t matter to me | 不再介意身高的时候 |
[14:42] | it didn’t matter to anyone else either. | 别人怎么想就更无所谓了 |
[14:43] | Well, it matters to Parker. | 但是帕克介意 |
[14:45] | Yeah, well, there’ll be other Parkers. | 还有其他的“帕克”啊 |
[14:47] | But you don’t want people like that in your life anyway. | 不过你也不会喜欢让这种人进入你的生活的 |
[14:49] | You know, Mr. Dig, you’re not exactly making me feel better. | 迪格老师 你这话也没让我好受多少 |
[14:52] | Well, I didn’t say it to make you feel better. | 我说这些不是要让你好受 |
[14:53] | I said it because it’s the truth, Mr. Gordon. | 我说这些因为这是事实 戈登先生 |
[15:12] | Lanny’s not talking to me. | 兰尼不跟我说话了 |
[15:15] | How can he tell? | 他怎么知道他说没说话 |
[15:17] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[15:18] | I faked my family history report. | 我写家族历史报告的时候造假了 |
[15:21] | You what?! | 你什么来着 |
[15:22] | What did you say? | 你怎么写的 |
[15:23] | That we were related to George Washington. | 我们和乔治・华盛顿有关系 |
[15:27] | Davy Crockett. | 大卫・克罗基特 |
[15:29] | And Elvis. | 还有猫王 |
[15:31] | -What possessed you to do something like that? -Yeah. | -你脑子里都在想什么呢 -是啊 |
[15:34] | I was jealous of Lanny. | 我嫉妒兰尼 |
[15:36] | And Dad said it was okay to spice things up a little. | 而且爸爸也说润色一下没事的 |
[15:40] | Nice job. | 干得好啊你 |
[15:41] | The one time he listens to me. | 这次他倒是听我的了 |
[15:44] | Matt, you can’t choose who you’re related to. | 马特 你无法选择你和谁是亲戚 |
[15:47] | You have to be proud of where you come from. | 你应该为你的家族自豪 |
[15:50] | I only wish I had known that a couple of hours ago. | 要是我早几个小时知道就好了 |
[15:52] | Well, you can change your future. | 不过 你可以改变你的未来 |
[15:54] | You can start by apologizing to Lanny. | 可以从向兰尼道歉开始 |
[15:57] | That’s a great idea, Dad! | 好主意 爸爸 |
[16:01] | I hope Lanny will still talk to me. | 希望兰尼还愿意跟我说话 |
[16:05] | Great parenting comeback by Sam McGuire! | 伟大的家长萨姆・迈奎尔回来了 |
[16:11] | You do realize that we forgot to | 你有没有意识到我们忘记 |
[16:13] | punish him for lying on his report? | 惩罚他撒谎了 |
[16:16] | Can’t I just have one moment? | 你容我自己高兴一下不行啊 |
[16:21] | Honey, you have a visitor. | 亲爱的 你有客人 |
[16:23] | Gordo? | 戈多 |
[16:25] | I owe you an apology. | 我要向你道歉 |
[16:28] | For what? | 因为什么 |
[16:29] | ‘Cause I said that you were part of the problem when, | 因为我说你是问题的一部分 |
[16:31] | when I’ve got the problem. | 其实我自己才有问题 |
[16:32] | Gordo, I had no idea that it bothered you so much. | 戈多 想不到这件事会让你这么烦恼 |
[16:36] | I should start paying more attention. | 我该多注意一下的 |
[16:38] | Neither did I, but it just really hurt, you know? | 我也没想到 但我真的很受伤 |
[16:42] | I’ve always been told that I can do whatever I want. | 大家一直跟我说可以想怎么做就怎么做 |
[16:44] | Because you can. | 因为你可以 |
[16:45] | No, I-I can’t. | 不 我不行 |
[16:47] | I can’t make myself grow. | 我没法让自己长高 |
[16:48] | Why would you want to, | 你为什么想这样 |
[16:49] | to make everyone else happy? | 想让每个人都高兴呢 |
[16:51] | Look, I know that I tell you and Miranda all the time that | 我知道我一直在告诉你和米兰达 |
[16:53] | who you are as a person is more important than how you look | 你是什么样的人比你看起来怎么样更重要 |
[16:55] | but this one’s tough, Lizzie. | 但这次真的很难办 利齐 |
[16:57] | This one I can’t control. | 这次我没法控制自己了 |
[16:59] | I don’t know. I guess I’m a hypocrite. | 我不知道 我猜我变得虚伪了 |
[17:01] | No, you’re not a hypocrite. | 不 你不虚伪 |
[17:03] | You’re normal. | 你很正常 |
[17:04] | Sometimes we all forget that Gordo’s human– | 有时候我们都忘了 戈多也是人 |
[17:06] | including Gordo. | 他自己都忘了 |
[17:07] | Miranda and I like you just the way you are. | 米兰达和我就喜欢你本来的样子 |
[17:09] | I like who I am, too. | 我也喜欢我自己 |
[17:11] | I would just like to be taller. | 但是如果长高点会更好 |
[17:13] | Well, I like who I am | 我喜欢我自己 |
[17:14] | but I’d like to be Britney Spears. | 我也愿意成为布兰妮 |
[17:16] | But it’s not going to happen. | 但那是不可能的 |
[17:19] | I guess it’s kind of silly when you put it that way. | 你这样一说我还真觉得自己有点傻 |
[17:21] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[17:23] | We’ve made contact. | 我们有交流了 |
[17:24] | Gordo is in the building. | 戈多回来了 |
[17:26] | I mean, Gordo | 我是说 戈多 |
[17:27] | you’re smart and you’re funny and… | 你很聪明 你很有趣 |
[17:30] | a little weird sometimes | 你有时候甚至很奇怪 |
[17:32] | but… I wouldn’t like you any other way. | 但是 我只喜欢这样的你 |
[17:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:40] | So, you, uh, want to go to the dance with me? | 那么 你愿意和我去参加舞会吗 |
[17:43] | Actually, you know, | 呃 实际上 |
[17:45] | I don’t really date guys with, um… blue eyes. | 我一般不和蓝色眼睛的男生出去 |
[17:52] | I see. | 明白 |
[17:55] | But I guess, just this once, | 但我想 这次 |
[17:56] | I’ll make a little exception. | 就例外吧 |
[18:05] | Gordo, you, you made it. | 戈多 你来了 |
[18:07] | And no cowboy boots. | 没穿牛仔靴哈 |
[18:09] | Yeah, um, they weren’t exactly me. | 是啊 那玩意儿不太符合我的风格 |
[18:11] | Good choice. | 正确的选择 |
[18:12] | Um, hello. | 我在这儿呢 |
[18:13] | Oh, I’m, I’m sorry, Lizzie. | 对不起 利齐 |
[18:14] | I was talking to my date. | 我在跟我的舞伴说话 |
[18:16] | Um, actually, he’s my date. | 事实上 他是我的舞伴 |
[18:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:20] | Whoa, check out Ethan. | 喔 快看伊桑 |
[18:22] | Parker looks like she’s having a great time. | 看上去帕克很开心啊 |
[18:28] | No, it isn’t the way we planned | 我们本来不知道会这样 |
[18:30] | But I want you to understand | 但我想让你明白 |
[18:32] | If it all comes to an end | 如果一切都出错了 |
[18:36] | Have a nice life, baby… | 还是要活得开心一点 |
[18:39] | It’s the three amigos back together | 三个好朋友又在一起了 |
[18:41] | and I wouldn’t have it any other way. | 这就是我最喜欢的事情 |
[18:45] | Hey, guys. | 大家好 |
[18:47] | Gordo, can I talk to you? | 戈多 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[18:48] | Actually, we’re talking. | 事实上 我们在聊 |
[18:51] | Listen, I’m really sorry. | 听着 我很抱歉 |
[18:52] | Sorry for what? | 为什么抱歉 |
[18:53] | For calling you short. | 因为我说你矮 |
[18:54] | I am short. | 我是矮 |
[18:56] | Gordo’s back. | 戈多回来了 |
[18:58] | Parker, I think your date is getting kind of… | 帕克 我想你的舞伴有点 |
[19:00] | lonely. | 寂寞 |
[19:03] | Yeah. Um, listen, | 是的 听着 |
[19:05] | talking to Ethan is kind of like talking to wallpaper. | 跟伊桑聊天就好像在和墙纸说话 |
[19:10] | Well, actually, wallpaper’s a bit more interesting. | 实际上 墙纸都比他有趣 |
[19:14] | Anyway, what I’m trying to say | 总之 我想说的是 |
[19:16] | is I think I came to the dance with the wrong person. | 我觉得我选错了舞伴 |
[19:19] | Really? ‘Cause, uh I-I didn’t. | 真的吗 因为我没选错 |
[19:22] | Gordo two, Parker zip. | 戈多两分 帕克零分 |
[19:25] | I came with exactly who I wanted to. | 我的舞伴可一点也没选错 |
[19:27] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[19:28] | So, um, do you want to dance? | 你想跳舞吗 |
[19:31] | Well, if it’s okay with my dates | 如果我的舞伴没意见 |
[19:34] | I guess I could spare you one dance. | 我可以匀点时间和你跳 |
[19:39] | I guess it’s okay. | 我没意见 |
[19:45] | I told you he’d come around. | 跟你说了他会没事的 |
[19:46] | Yeah. For once, Gordo is the one with the problem | 对啊 戈多难得出了一次问题 |
[19:49] | and for once, you get to be right. | 而你也难得说对了一次 |
[19:52] | It looks like everyone got what they wanted. | 看来每个人都得到了想要的结果 |
[20:00] | So, why am I not happier? | 我怎么高兴不起来呢 |
[20:04] | Look, since, um, Ethan’s flying solo right now | 伊桑现在一个人了 |
[20:07] | I’m going to go see if I can steal a dance. | 我想过去试试看能不能和他跳一下 |
[20:09] | -Okay. -Are you cool? | -好的 -你不介意吧 |
[20:19] | I’m cool. | 我没事 |
[20:21] | Have a nice life, baby | 活得开心点 |
[20:25] | It’s not like before | 现在已经不同了 |
[20:27] | So, I’m out the door | 我要出去 |
[20:29] | Have a nice life, baby | 活得开心一点 |
[20:31] | Just go on your way… | 继续向前 |
[20:46] | ‘Cuz he is tall? | 因为他长得高 |
[20:47] | He’s really cool. | 他真酷 |
[20:50] | -It’s raining. -It’s raining. | -下雨了 -下雨了 |