时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | I’m trying to be a gentleman here. | 我不想冒犯到你 |
[00:19] | Don’t care. Make it tight. | 我不在乎 拉紧点 |
[00:23] | Here stretch your hands out. Like this. | 记得伸展手指 像这样 |
[00:26] | Met a guy, his hands cramped up once. | 我有次遇到个人 他双手痉挛了 |
[00:29] | He got stuck coming down, couldn’t grab the ladder anymore. | 下来的时候卡住了 他抓不住梯子了 |
[00:33] | How’d he get down? | 那他怎么下来的 |
[00:34] | He cut the chord, he couldn’t take it anymore. | 他切断了绳索 他受不了了 |
[00:37] | Hit the ground right where we stand, blood everywhere. | 就摔在我们现在站的地面 血溅得到处都是 |
[00:40] | You’ll be all right, though. | 不过你会没事的 |
[00:43] | Is that blood? | 那是血吗 |
[00:50] | Fuck. That’s oil. | 操 是油 |
[00:53] | Must be a leak in the brake system somewhere. | 一定是制动系统哪里渗漏了 |
[00:56] | OK, that’s not good. | 这可不妙 |
[00:59] | I’m gonna head up first. | 我先上去 |
[01:01] | I want you to give me 40 feet of buffer and start climbing. | 你给我40英尺的缓冲区 然后你再开始爬 |
[01:06] | Try and keep up. | 尽量跟上 |
[01:22] | You know, maybe I’m not the best person for this. | 也许我不是最适合干这个的人 |
[01:25] | Last I checked, you’re the only person for this. | 据我所知 只有你在这儿 |
[01:28] | You have to reboot the system, | 你得重启系统 |
[01:30] | otherwise we got turbine blades flying off | 否则风车叶片会飞离 |
[01:32] | over the next county while this entire tube falls over. | 一路飞到邻县 这条大铁管也会倒下 |
[01:46] | Fasten it on to your harness. | 扣紧到你的背带上 |
[01:48] | It’s the line of defense in case something bad happens, | 如果发生意外 这就是救命绳 |
[01:51] | which it probably won’t. | 不过应该不会发生意外 |
[02:04] | You coming? | 你来不来 |
[02:38] | Almost there. | 快到了 |
[02:41] | You all good? | 你还好吗 |
[02:45] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[02:46] | When was the last time you did a turbine ascent? | 你上一次攀登风车是什么时候 |
[02:52] | During training. | 受训的时候 |
[02:53] | Well, how far did they make you go to get certified? | 他们要你爬多高才能通过考核 |
[02:59] | Thirty. | 30米 |
[03:00] | Thirty meter– Jesus Christ! I– | 才30米 老天 |
[03:03] | I got an alley cat with polio climbing higher than that. | 得小儿麻痹症的野猫都能爬得比这更高 |
[03:06] | Thirty feet. | 是30英尺[约9米] |
[03:10] | Well, don’t look down but you just tripled that. | 那你别往下看 你刚爬到三倍高度 |
[03:24] | All right, so, when the power company has me up climbing turbines, | 平时电力公司叫我爬风车时 |
[03:28] | what the hell are you doing on the ground? | 你都在地面做些什么 |
[03:31] | Installations, system integrations, | 安装 系统集成 |
[03:33] | I program the overall mechanics. | 我为操作流程制定计划 |
[03:39] | Was either of your parents an engineer? | 你父母中有人是工程师吗 |
[03:44] | Amish, actually. | 其实我是阿米什教徒 |
[03:44] | 基督新教再洗礼派 通常被认为拒绝现代科技 | |
[03:50] | – That’s hilarious. – What? | -太好笑了 -什么 |
[03:53] | Well, most people, they rebel against their parents | 大部分人对父母叛逆 |
[03:55] | by getting tattoos or piercings. | 都是在身体上纹身或打洞 |
[03:57] | You told your parents to fuck off | 你叫父母滚蛋的方式 |
[03:58] | by getting a mechanical engineering degree. | 是拿到机械工程学位 |
[04:02] | I’m guessing the don’t return your texts. | 我猜他们气得不回复你短信了吧 |
[04:16] | – Well, that wasn’t so bad. – Yeah. | -还不算太糟糕嘛 -是的 |
[04:19] | We’re almost half way. | 我们快爬到一半了 |
[04:21] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[04:28] | Yeah, I could really go for a Red Bull right about now. | 我现在太需要喝一罐红牛了 |
[04:33] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[04:35] | You’re gonna go first. | 你先爬 |
[04:36] | Try to keep a good pace, watch out for oil. | 尽量保持好的节奏 当心滴油 |
[04:56] | Geez. | 天呐 |
[05:00] | Hands are cramping! | 我的手抽筋了 |
[05:03] | OK, uh, take a moment. Just hook your elbow, give ’em rest. | 好 缓一缓 用手肘勾着休息 |
[05:09] | Yeah. Ok. | 好的 |
[05:11] | Never an issue down here | 我有防坠落装备 |
[05:12] | with my GlideLoc. You still latched in OK? | 这从来不是问题 你扣得够紧吧 |
[05:16] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[05:19] | Fuck. | 操 |
[05:22] | God damn it. | 该死的 |
[05:26] | Might have something to do with this crazy weather. | 可能跟这极端天气有关 |
[05:28] | Everything is contracting and expanding. | 所有东西都收缩和膨胀了 |
[05:52] | You got a wrench? | 你有扳手吗 |
[05:54] | What’s wrong with the one in your toolbelt? | 你工具腰带里不是有吗 |
[06:34] | OK. Here we go. | 好 行了 |
[07:02] | Fuck! | 操 |
[07:06] | Fuck! | 操 |