英文名称:Thin Red Line
年代:1998
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:43] | What’s this war in the heart of nature? | 世上为何有这么多战争? |
[01:49] | Why does nature vie with itself? | 万物为何自相残杀? |
[01:54] | The land contend with the sea? | 陆地和海洋为何互相对抗? |
[02:08] | Is there an avenging power in nature? | 大自然是否充满仇恨? |
[02:13] | Not one power, but two? | 善恶是否同时存在? |
[04:07] | I remember my mother when she was dying. | 我记得我母亲临终前 |
[04:11] | Looked all shrunk up and grey. | 脸色苍白 形如槁木 |
[04:18] | I asked her if she was afraid. | 我问她害不害怕? |
[04:21] | She just shook her head. | 她只是摇摇头 |
[04:25] | I was afraid to touch the death seen in her. | 我不敢面对她的死亡 |
[04:29] | I couldn’t find nothing beautiful or up lifting about her going back to God. | 也不觉得她蒙主荣召是一件好事 |
[04:38] | I heard people talk about immortality, but I ain’t seen it. | 听说精神能永垂不朽 不过我没见过 |
[05:51] | I wondered how it’d be when I died. | 不知道我死时会怎样 |
[05:55] | What it’d be like to know that this breath now was the last one you was ever gonna draw. | 当你知道那是最后一口气不知道是什么感觉 |
[06:04] | I just hope I can meet it the same way she did. | 我希望能和她一样坦然面对 |
[06:09] | With the same… calm. | 跟她一样…平静 |
[06:14] | Cos that’s where it’s hidden – the immortality I hadn’t seen. | 当心灵得到平静精神就能永垂不朽 |
[07:00] | Kids around here never fight. | 这里的小孩不会打架 |
[07:03] | Sometimes. | 有时候会 |
[07:05] | Sometimes when you see them playing | 他们在玩耍的时候 |
[07:08] | they always fight! | 总是会打架 |
[07:15] | – Is she afraid of me? – Little bit. | – 他怕我吗? – 有一点 |
[07:19] | – Are you afraid of me? – Yes. | – 你怕我吗? – 怕 |
[07:22] | – Why? – Cos you look… | – 为什么? – 因为你看起来… |
[07:27] | You look as an army! | …像是个军人 |
[07:29] | – I look army? – Yes. | – 我像军人? – 对 |
[07:32] | Well, that don’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[07:36] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[07:42] | – Baby’s tired. – Yes. | – 孩子累了 – 对 |
[07:45] | If she swims, she wants, she will sleep. | 他游累了就会睡 |
[08:18] | All right, come on. Turn around. | 好 来 |
[08:20] | Go, go, go, go. Go! | 快…快…快 |
[08:23] | Come on, go. | 快点…快点… |
[08:29] | Go, go, go, go! | 快 快 快 |
[10:08] | Witt, patrol boat!She’s American. | 威特 是美军的巡逻艇 |
[10:23] | What’s it doing out here all alone? | 它怎么会单独出现? |
[10:52] | You haven’t changed at all, have you, Witt? | 威特 你一点都没变 |
[10:55] | You haven’t learned a thing. | 什么也没学到 |
[11:00] | All a man has to do is leave it to you, you’ll put your head in the noose for him. | 当别人信任你你就肯为他赴汤蹈火 |
[11:10] | How many times you been AWOL? | 你逃过几年兵? |
[11:16] | Been in the army, what? Six years now? | 你当兵六年了 |
[11:18] | Ain’t it time you smartened up and stopped being such a punk recruit? | 如果要学聪明 |
[11:22] | I mean, if you’re ever gonna. | 现在该是时候了 |
[11:25] | We can’t all be smart. | 我们不能都当聪明人 |
[11:28] | No, we can’t, and that’s a shame. | 没错 真可惜 |
[11:31] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[11:38] | Truth is, you can’t take straight duty in my company. | 你在我的连队不能乖乖服役 |
[11:43] | You’ll never be a real soldier, not in God’s world. | 你在这世上不能成为 一个好的军人 |
[11:50] | This is C Company, of which I’m First Sergeant. I run this outfit. | 这是C连 我是副连长 |
[11:53] | Captain Staros, he’s the CO, but I’m the guy who runs it. Nobody’s gonna foul that up. | 史塔洛上尉是连长 这里是我话事 任何人都不可以违抗 |
[11:59] | You’re just another mouth for me to feed. | 你只是一张吃饭的嘴 |
[12:05] | Normally, you’d be court-martialled. | 你本来要接受军事审判 |
[12:08] | But I worked a deal for ya. | 算你好运 |
[12:10] | Gotta consider yourself lucky. | 我给你另作安排 |
[12:14] | I’m sending you to a disciplinary outfit. | 我派你到纪律部队 |
[12:18] | You’ll be a stretcher-bearer. You’ll be taking care of the wounded. | 当担架兵 照顾伤兵 |
[12:23] | I can take anything you dish out. | 我能接受任何处罚 |
[12:26] | I’m twice the man you are. | 我一个人就比你好两倍 |
[12:40] | In this world… | 在这个世界里 |
[12:43] | a man himself is nothing. | 一个人根本微不足道 |
[12:51] | And there ain’t no world but this one. | 只有这一个世界 |
[12:57] | You’re wrong there, Top. | 你错了 副连长 |
[13:02] | I seen another world. | 我见过另一个世界 |
[13:10] | Sometimes I think it was just… my imagination. | 有时候我觉得这只是我的想像 |
[13:16] | Well, | 好 |
[13:19] | then you’ve seen things I never will. | 我和你的看法不同 |
[13:31] | We’re living in a world that’s blowing itself to hell as fast as everybody can arrange it. | 这个世界在自我毁灭 |
[13:37] | In a situation like that all a man can do is shut his eyes and let nothing touch him. | 你只以只眼开只眼闭 |
[13:42] | Look out for himself. | 为自己着想 |
[13:57] | I might be the best friend you ever had. | 我可能是你最好的朋友 |
[14:02] | You don’t even know it. | 你自己都不知道 |
[14:35] | He hates you worse than poison. | 他憎死你了 |
[14:42] | I never felt he hated me, cos I don’t hate him. | 我不觉得他憎我 因为我不憎他 |
[15:27] | I love Charlie Company. | 我爱C队的兄弟 |
[15:34] | They’re my people. | 他们是我的家人 |
[16:01] | They call it “The Rock”. | 这个岛叫”顽石” |
[16:03] | Nobody wants this island. Japs just put an airfield there. | 原本无人占领 后来让日军盖了机场 |
[16:06] | Fighting’s confined to this area. | 主要战区在这里 |
[16:08] | This is their road to Australia, and this is their way of controlling the sea lanes to America. | 这是攻击澳洲的途径亦是进攻美国的海道 |
[16:14] | If we’re gonna stop the Japs’ advance into the South Pacific, we’ve gotta do it right there. | 若要阻止日军攻占南太平洋 就得在这里开战 |
[16:21] | The Marines have done their job. Now it’s our turn. | 海军陆战队已经试过 现在轮到我们 |
[16:25] | Worked my ass off. | 我们将奋不顾身 |
[16:29] | Brown-nosed the generals. | 尽量迎合将军 |
[16:33] | Degraded myself | 降低身份 |
[16:37] | for them and my family. | 为他们 为我家人 |
[16:41] | For my home. | 和我的家 |
[16:44] | – I admire you, Colonel. I do. – Thank you, sir. | – 我很敬佩你 上校 – 谢谢你 长官 |
[16:48] | Most men your age would have retired by now. | 你这年纪的军官早已退休了 |
[16:51] | It’s OK. | 你是好军人 |
[16:53] | We need general officers with maturity and character like you. | 部队需要你这种成熟的长官 |
[16:57] | We’ve got good sergeants and good lieutenant colonels. | 我们有好的中士和中校 |
[17:01] | But once a man gets those eagles, he can’t wait to get that star. | 他们一当了上校 就想做将军 |
[17:04] | He becomes a politician, right? | 于是成为政客 |
[17:07] | Goes along to get along. | 只会拍上司的马屁 |
[17:10] | So goddamn hard to stay upright. | 很难坚持原则 |
[17:13] | – You said it there, sir. – With the Admiral watching, which he will be. | – 你说得对 长官 – 上将会注意我的表现 |
[17:18] | – There’s always someone watching. – Yeah. | – 一定有人盯着你 – 嗯 |
[17:21] | Like a hawk. | 像只猎鹰 |
[17:24] | Always someone ready to jump in, if you’re not. | 总是有人想抢你的功劳 |
[17:39] | – D’you have a son, Colonel? – Yes, sir. | – 你有儿子吗 上校? – 有的 长官 |
[17:41] | Good. We don’t want our sons or grandsons fighting this war 30 years from now, do we? | 很好 不能让子孙打这场烂仗 |
[17:46] | – No, sir, we sure don’t. – Then you crush ’em without mercy. | – 没错 是不能 – 那就全力攻敌 |
[17:49] | You dig them out of the hills and protect that airfield. | 把敌人赶尽杀绝 抢下机场 |
[17:53] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[17:55] | You wonder why… Why did the Japs put an airfield there of all places? | 你有没有想过日军为何在这儿盖机场? |
[18:01] | I guess we don’t know the bigger picture, if there is such a thing. | 我们对大局不太清楚 |
[18:05] | – What do you think? – Well, sir, I never ask myself that question. | – 你认为呢? – 我从不想这种问题 |
[18:09] | You’re a humble man. | 你很谦虚 |
[18:13] | Nobody wants that island… but you. | 没人要这座岛…除了你 |
[18:17] | How much do you want it? | 你有多大的决心? |
[18:20] | As much as I have to, sir. | 我会全力以赴 |
[18:25] | All they sacrificed for me | 家人为我做的牺牲 |
[18:31] | poured out like water on the ground. | 就像覆水难收 |
[18:40] | All I might have given for love’s sake. | 我本来能好好爱他们 |
[18:57] | Too late. | 太迟了 |
[19:04] | Died… | 我的心已死 |
[19:08] | slow as a tree. | 像树木一样慢慢凋零 |
[19:12] | D’you feel it? | 你感觉得到吗? |
[19:15] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[19:21] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[19:45] | The closer you are to Caesar, the greater the fear. | 权力越大 恐惧越深 |
[20:05] | I just can’t help how damn scared I am, sarge, all right? | 我就是感到害怕 |
[20:09] | I can’t help it. I got… | 无法控制 |
[20:11] | My stepdaddy took a block and beat me when I was real little | 小时候我继父常用砖块打我 |
[20:15] | and I was scared and I used to run, I used to hide. | 我好怕 老是躲起来 |
[20:17] | Hell, I slept in the chicken coop a whole lot of nights. | 时常睡在鸡窝 |
[20:21] | And I never thought it’d get no worse than that. | 我以为我不会再害怕 |
[20:27] | But I’m living by the… by the minute here. I’m counting the seconds. | 但是现在我分秒都在害怕 |
[20:31] | Hell, we’re gonna be landing soon and there’s gonna be air raids. | 马上就要登陆一定会遭到空袭 |
[20:35] | We’re probably gonna die before we get off the beach. | 我们会阵亡在滩头 |
[20:39] | This place is… It’s like a big floating graveyard. | 这艘船就像漂流的坟墓 |
[20:43] | – What’s your name, kid? – I wanna own an automobile when I get out. | – 你叫什么 小子? – 我退伍后想买一辆车 |
[20:48] | – What’s your name? – Edward, Edward B Train. | – 你叫什么? – 爱德华崔恩 |
[20:51] | Train? | 崔恩? |
[20:53] | The only things that are permanent is, is dying and the Lord. That’s it. | 只有上帝和死亡是永恒的 |
[20:58] | That’s all you gotta worry about. This war ain’t… gonna be the end of me or you neither. | 我只担心这些 这场战争不是你我的终点 |
[21:04] | – Think we’ll catch an air raid? – How in the hell should I know? | – 会遇到空袭吗? – 我怎么知道? |
[21:07] | All’s I know are them crew guys said they didn’t catch no air raid the last time. | 别的大兵说上次进攻就没有 |
[21:12] | On the other hand, time before last they nearly got blew up. | 上上一次他们差点被炸死 |
[21:16] | What d’you want me to tell you? | 你要我怎么说 |
[21:18] | You’re a big help, Tills. Nothing. Tell me nothing. | 多谢了 你什么也没说 |
[21:21] | Tell you something. | 不过我要告诉你 |
[21:23] | We’re sitting out here on this ocean like a couple of fuckin’ ducks in these boats. | 我们在船上就像是死鸭子 |
[21:27] | I already know that. | 我早就知道 |
[21:29] | Well, brood on it, Tills. | 好好想一想 提奥 |
[21:31] | Brood on it. | 好好地想 |
[21:34] | – Ain’t you watching the fun? – I ain’t interested. | – 不看好戏吗? – 没兴趣 |
[21:37] | – Yeah, I guess it is pretty crowded. – Wouldn’t be interested, even if it wasn’t. | – 太迫了 – 就算不迫我也不想看 |
[21:42] | Well, I’m on my way to get me that pistol. | 我要去拿那把手枪 |
[21:44] | Yeah? Well, have fun. | 是吗? 开心点 |
[21:46] | Yeah, have fun. | 是啊 开心点 |
[21:48] | You’ll wish you had one once we get ashore and run into some of them samurai sabres. | 有手枪才能对付日本武士刀 |
[21:53] | Open this door! Open this goddamn door! | 快开门 给我开门… |
[21:57] | Open the door! | 快开门 |
[22:20] | I never bargained for nothing like this when I signed up for this man’s army before the war. | 我入伍时没想到会有这下场 |
[22:25] | How was I supposed to know there was gonna be a fuckin’ war, huh? Answer me that. | 我怎么知道会打仗? 你倒是说说 |
[22:33] | All I know is Charlie Company’s always getting screwed. Always. | 我只知道C连最衰了 |
[22:37] | And I can tell you whose fault it is, too. | 我也知道是谁的错 |
[22:39] | It’s that captain of ours. | 就是我们的连长 |
[22:41] | First he gets us stuck off on this boat where we don’t know a fucking soul. | 他害大家被派上这艘鬼船 |
[22:46] | Then he gets us stuck way down in fourth place on the list to get off this son of a bitch. | 而且是第四批登陆部队 |
[23:05] | Hello, Captain. | 连长 你好 |
[23:51] | I read in your 201 file that you were an officer before the war. | 档案说你在战前是军官 |
[23:56] | How’d you end up a private? | 怎么会变成二等兵? |
[23:58] | Cos of my wife. | 因为我太太 |
[24:01] | I was in the corps of engineers. | 我本来在工兵部队 |
[24:04] | We’d never been separated before, | 我和她从来没分开过 |
[24:07] | not even for a night. | 连一晚都没有 |
[24:10] | I took it for four months and then I quit. | 我忍受了四个月最后终于放弃 |
[24:16] | Just resigned. | 辞职不干 |
[24:19] | They sent me back to the States. | 我被送回美国 |
[24:22] | They told me I’d never get another commission. | 永远不能当军官 |
[24:25] | They said they’d see to it I got drafted and that I for damn sure’d be in the infantry. | 他们说要徵召我入伍让我当步兵 |
[24:32] | Sons of bitches. | 那些浑蛋 |
[24:34] | No, I don’t blame them. | 我不怪他们 |
[24:39] | Well, where is she now? | 她在哪里? |
[24:42] | She’s home. | 在家里 |
[24:57] | Why should i be afraid to die? | 我并不怕死 |
[25:02] | I belong to you. | 因为我已属于你 |
[25:06] | Move! Move! Move! | 快…快…快… |
[25:09] | Move! Move! | 快 快 |
[25:18] | Move! Move! | 快点… |
[25:20] | Moving out! | 快 快 |
[25:21] | If i go first, I’ll wait for you there. | 如果我先走 我会等你的 |
[25:26] | On the otherside of the dark waters. | 就在死亡的另一边 |
[25:36] | Put your helmet on. | 贝尔 戴上头盔 |
[25:39] | Be with me now. | 你与我同在 |
[25:51] | – Feeling the pressure, Captain? – Yes, sir. | – 压力很大 对吧? – 是的 长官 |
[25:56] | I like you, Captain. | 我喜欢你 上尉 |
[25:58] | And I just want you to know, well, we’re in this thing together. All right? | 我要你知道我很支持你 |
[26:03] | Keep pressing inland till you reach the line. I’ll catch up with you there. | 你先逼近敌区 我会赶上来 |
[26:07] | – Yes, sir. – It’s all yours, Captain. | – 是的 长官 – 由你全权指挥 |
[26:09] | Gangway! Gangway there! | 让开 让开 |
[26:12] | Coming through! | 我要过去 |
[26:14] | Squad leaders! Both teams! | 班长马上报到 |
[26:17] | This way, son. This way, right here. | 在这里 |
[26:20] | Stand by to go over the side! | 准备上登陆船 |
[27:35] | Our Father, who art in heaven… | 我们在天上的父 |
[27:38] | And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. | 免我们的债如同我们免人的债 |
[27:42] | For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory. | 国度权柄荣耀全是您的 阿们 |
[27:58] | Your outfit’s lucky. | 你们很幸运 |
[28:00] | Transports must’ve been spotted. | 运输船刚被日军发现 |
[28:02] | You’re getting outta here just ahead of time. | 幸好你们下来了 |
[28:16] | Take a breath, mister. You gotta breathe! | 深呼吸 你得深呼吸 |
[28:48] | – You Charlie Company? – Yeah. | – 这是C连吗? – 是的 |
[28:50] | We went in a mile. Nothing there. | 我们深入内陆一英里 什么也没有 |
[28:52] | Some oil drums. There’d be nothing there for… | 一个礼拜都没动静 |
[28:55] | – A week. – A week, sir. | – 一个礼拜 – 一个礼拜 长官 |
[28:56] | No casualties. Japs must’ve hauled ass. | 无人伤亡 日军大概都跑了 |
[28:59] | Two mortars hit the beach, but most guys came in standing up. | 我们受迫击炮攻击 无人伤亡 |
[29:02] | Darnedest thing I ever did see. | 这地方很不可思议 |
[29:06] | They got fish that live in trees. | 还有鱼住在树上 |
[29:13] | If they didn’t know this beach was deserted, what else don’t they know? | 指挥部好像没搞清楚状况 |
[30:49] | Who are you to live in all these many forms? | 您化身为宇宙万物 |
[31:24] | Your death that captures all. | 万物皆难逃一死 |
[31:33] | You, too, are the source of all that’s gonna be born. | 您也是生命的泉源 |
[32:01] | Your glory. | 您充满荣耀 |
[32:07] | Mercy. | 慈悲 |
[32:10] | Peace. | 宁静 |
[32:14] | Truth. | 真理 |
[32:23] | You give calm a spirit, | 您能安抚人心 |
[32:28] | understanding, | 给人们谅解 |
[32:32] | courage. | 和勇气 |
[32:39] | The contented heart. | 使人得到满足 |
[36:21] | Get a medic here! | 医务兵 这里 |
[36:29] | Maybe all men got one big soul who everybody’s a part of. | 也许每个人都有共同的灵魂 和相同的命运 |
[36:36] | All faces of the same man. | 每张脸孔都是同一个人 |
[36:40] | One big self. | 一个大我 |
[37:16] | Everyone looking for salvation by himself. | 每个人都想获得救赎 |
[37:26] | Each like a coal drawn from the fire. | 像炭火般燃烧生命 |
[38:02] | We’re going straight up that hill there. | 我们要攻上那座山头 |
[38:09] | – We can’t do that, Colonel. – Well, there’s no way to outflank it. | – 办不到 上校 – 我们无法包抄敌军 |
[38:13] | On the left is a cliff that falls down into the river. | 左边的悬崖底下是河流 |
[38:16] | The Japanese hold the jungle. It has to be taken frontally. | 日军守住丛林 我们得正面突袭 |
[38:22] | What about water, sir? It’s not getting up here. | 食水怎么办? 山上没清水 |
[38:25] | My men are… passing out, sir. | 我的兄弟都因为脱水昏倒 |
[38:35] | Only time you worry about a soldier is when he stops bitching. | 他们能发牢骚就能打仗 |
[38:53] | We’re all gonna attack abreast. Third Platoon in reserve. | 并肩前进 第三排留守 |
[38:57] | We’ve gotta cross those three folds of ground. You see? | 我们得越过三个山丘 |
[39:00] | Once we get beyond that, we gotta attack that hill. | 然后再攻下山头 |
[39:14] | Colonel says there’s no way to outflank it, so we gotta take it head-on by frontal assault. | 上校说不能采取包抄攻势 我们得正面突袭 |
[39:22] | – Whyte? – Yeah? | – 伟特 – 是 |
[39:23] | – See the grassy ridges at the foot of that hill? – Yeah. | – 看到山坡前面吗? – 看到了 |
[39:26] | When you get to the end of that field, eliminate all strong points on those ridges. | 等你攻上山坡 找到敌军据点然后消灭他们 |
[39:35] | I’m sure the Japs got something there to protect the approaches. | 那儿一定有敌军守住 |
[40:33] | Are you here? | 主啊 您在吗? |
[40:49] | Let me not betray you. | 别让我背叛您 |
[40:55] | Let me not betray my men. | 别让我背叛我的兄弟 |
[41:05] | In you I place my trust. | 您让我充满信心 和希望 |
[41:19] | (希腊语) | |
[41:23] | Rosy-fingered dawn. | 玫瑰般的黎明 |
[41:27] | You’re Greek, aren’t you, Captain? | 你是希腊人 |
[41:29] | D’you ever read Homer? | 读过荷马的史诗吗? |
[41:31] | We read Homer at the Point.In Greek. | 我在西点军校读过希腊原文 |
[41:36] | What kind of artillery support do we have, sir? Over. | 有多少炮兵支援火力? |
[41:39] | – Two batteries of 105s. – They won’t make a dent. Over. | – 两组105榴弹炮 – 一点都没有用 |
[41:44] | No, but it bucks the men up. It’ll look like the Japs are catching hell. | 不过能提高士气 日军会被炸得很难看 |
[42:42] | OK, you guys. | 兄弟们 |
[42:44] | This is it. | 准备上吧 |
[42:46] | We’re going down in groups often. | 每组十人攻上山头 |
[42:50] | There’s no point in going by rushes. Only make a better target stopped, so… | 快速前进才不会成为目标 |
[42:54] | run all the way. | 一路跑上去 |
[42:57] | We ain’t got no choice. We’re picked, so we gotta go. | 我们被选上 别无选择 非去不可 |
[43:03] | I’m gonna take the first bunch myself. | 我亲自带领先锋队 |
[43:06] | I want Charlie Dale with me. Dale? | 我要戴尔跟着我 戴尔? |
[43:08] | You go organise them guys that’s up there. | 叫兄弟在山坡集合 |
[43:17] | Moving out in five minutes. | 五分钟后出发 |
[43:20] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[43:26] | Sico? | 施高? |
[43:28] | – What’s wrong with you? – I’m sick to my stomach. | – 你怎么了? – 我的肚子好痛 |
[43:31] | Sico, you get up now, or I’ll kick you so hard you’re gonna be sick. | 起来 小心我踢扁你 |
[43:35] | I can’t. I would if I could. | 我站不起来 |
[43:37] | I’m sick. | 我生病了 |
[43:39] | I’m sick. | 我病了 |
[43:41] | You ain’t sick. Get up! | 你没有病 起来 |
[43:47] | – What’s the matter, Sico? – I don’t know, Sergeant. | – 施高 怎么了? – 不晓得 |
[43:51] | It’s my stomach. I’m in pain, I got cramps. | 肚子好痛 好像是胃痉孪 |
[43:54] | I can’t even sit up straight. I’m sick. | 我病了 坐不起来 |
[44:00] | – Come on, get up! – Leave him. | – 给我起来! – 别逼他了 |
[44:02] | I need a volunteer to carry the BAR! Drop your gear. I’m taking you to the medics. | 谁要替我拿步枪? 我带你找医官 |
[44:07] | Thank you, Sergeant. | 谢谢你 副连长 |
[44:11] | Don’t argue with me. | 别跟我争 |
[44:13] | Good luck, Keck. | 祝好运 杰克 |
[45:42] | Maybe they pulled out. | 也许他们撤退了 |
[47:55] | Hit dirt! | 快趴下! |
[47:57] | Hit dirt! | 趴下来! |
[48:04] | Calm down, calm down, calm down, calm down. | 冷静点…冷静点… |
[48:12] | Stretcher-bearers! | 担架兵 |
[48:29] | Come on! | 这儿 |
[48:31] | Stretcher-bearers, this way! | 担架兵 在这儿 |
[48:34] | – Go get that man. – We already got eight or nine down there… | – 去救那兄弟 – 已经有八 九名伤兵… |
[48:38] | – Don’t argue with me! Get that man! – He’s not the one we should think about… | – 别跟我争 我要救他 – 管不了他们了 |
[48:42] | Goddamn it, all of you! Am I in command here or am I not?! | 该死 全都要救 我是指挥官 |
[48:45] | – Am I the captain or a goddamn private? – Others are hit bad. That’s all I meant. | – 难道你是连长吗? – 我只是说别人伤得更重 |
[48:51] | – I gave you an order, private! – Yes, sir! | – 二兵 听我的命令 – 是 长官! |
[48:56] | Hello, First Sergeant. | 你好 副连长 |
[48:59] | Who we going after over here? | 我们要救谁? |
[49:03] | We think it’s Jacques. | 应该是积克 |
[49:05] | Ol’ Jockey. | 积克老兄 |
[49:07] | Well, shit. That’s, that’s, that’s too bad. | 真是倒霉 |
[49:10] | Sir? | 长官? |
[49:12] | Sir? Sir, can I come back to the company after we get Jockey back to the battalion? | 把积克抬回去我能回来吗? |
[49:18] | – OK, but you gotta get permission. – Sure. And my rifle. | – 好 你要得到许可 – 当然 我的步枪 |
[49:26] | Nicky! You’re still alive! | 力奇 你还活着 |
[49:29] | Keep moving! Keep moving! | 继续前进! 继续前进! |
[49:32] | Magnificent, Staros, magnificent. The finest thing these old eyes have seen in a long time! | 太好了 史塔奥 好久没见到这么猛烈的攻击 |
[49:38] | Beautifully conceived and executed! You’ll be mentioned in battalion orders. | 你指挥得很好 我会请营长给你功勋 |
[49:43] | Young Whyte led beautifully. | 伟特排长的表现也很棒 |
[49:45] | Yes, sir. Over. | 是 长官 |
[49:47] | But sending in your second too was brilliant. | 派第二排增援也很聪明 |
[49:50] | They may have carried the ridge. I don’t think they were hurt too bad. Blane led well, too. | 就快攻上去了 伤亡不惨重 布兰也不错 |
[49:56] | Now, how many emplacements did they locate? | 他们发现多少据点? |
[49:59] | Did they knock any out? | 消灭了多少? |
[50:01] | We ought to have those ridges cleaned out by noon! Over. | 中午就应该能攻上山头 |
[50:07] | Hello! Hello! Staros, are you there? | 史塔奥 你在吗? |
[50:10] | Here, sir. Over. | 我在 长官 |
[50:12] | I said, how many emplacements did they locate? Did they knock any out? Over. | 他们发现多少据点? 消灭了多少? |
[50:17] | Children. | 孩子们 |
[50:19] | I don’t know, sir. | 我不知道 |
[50:22] | What the hell do you mean, you don’t know? How can you not know? Over. | 什么意思? 你怎么会不知道? |
[50:27] | I’m right here behind the first swell, sir. I’m right here behind the swell. | 我在第一座山丘后面 |
[50:31] | You want me to stand up and wave? Over. | 要我站起来招手吗? |
[50:34] | No, I can see where you are. I want you to do something. | 我看到了 你得想办法 |
[50:37] | I want you to get up there and see what the situation is. | 快上去看看情况如何 |
[50:40] | I want Hill 210 in my hands tonight. | 今晚我就要你攻下山头 |
[50:43] | Now, goddamn it, the Admiral got up at dawn for this! | 上将一早就要来查看 |
[50:46] | Come to life up there, Staros. Out! | 提起精神来 史塔奥 |
[51:15] | Move up! | 上来 |
[51:35] | Hey, Keck! | 嘿 杰克! |
[51:38] | Yeah? | 干嘛? |
[51:40] | – We gotta get out of here. – I know it. | – 我们得撤退 – 我知道 |
[51:44] | Blane’s dead. | 布兰死了 |
[51:46] | You’re in charge. | 你得指挥 |
[51:51] | We know you there, Yank! | 美国佬 我们看到你们 |
[51:55] | Tojo eats shit! | 东条英机去死 |
[51:57] | No! Roosevelt eats shit! | 罗斯福去死 |
[52:36] | I got him! I got him! | 我打到他了 我打到他了 |
[52:56] | I killed a man. | 我杀死一个人 |
[52:58] | Hey, Queen! | 嘿 昆恩! |
[53:01] | Queen, you there? | 昆恩 你在吗? |
[53:03] | Worst thing you can do. Worse than rape. | 杀人比强奸更严重 |
[53:07] | Queen! You see them Japs leaving that left ridge? | 看到日本鬼子离开左边吗? |
[53:10] | – I killed a man. Nobody can touch me for it. – I ain’t seen nothing. | – 没有人能把我怎样 – 我什么也没看到 |
[53:14] | Well, get your fuckin’ head up and look around! | 抬起头来看看 |
[53:18] | I’m serious! | 我是说真的! |
[53:21] | I counted seven Japs leaving that left-hand grassy ridge! | 有七个日兵离开左边 |
[53:25] | I got me one of ’em. | 我打中一个 |
[53:27] | So? | 又怎样? |
[53:29] | I think maybe they’re pulling out. | 他们可能会撤退 |
[53:34] | Maybe somebody ought to go tell the captain. | 也许该去告诉连长 |
[53:37] | You wanna be the one to do it? | 你想去吗? |
[53:44] | You just stay put! I’m ordering you! | 我命令你别乱动 |
[54:10] | Down! | 趴低 |
[54:20] | Stay low. | 趴低点 |
[54:49] | Go! Go! | 冲! 冲! |
[54:51] | Go! Go! | 冲! 冲! |
[55:34] | What do we do now? | 现在怎么办? |
[55:36] | We wait right here. Maybe they’ll send us up some reinforcements. | 在这儿等 也许会有人来支援 |
[55:40] | To do what? | 做什么? |
[55:42] | To capture some of these fucking positions around here! | 攻下敌军的据点呀 |
[55:45] | – You mean you really wanna go on with this? – Hell, no. No, not no uphill charge. | – 你要继续进攻? – 不知道 不能直接进攻山头 |
[55:50] | If they send us reinforcements, maybe we could scout around | 不过如果有支援 |
[55:54] | and locate these machine guns. | 就能试着除掉机关枪 |
[55:56] | – Anyway, it’s better than going back down. – Something’s coming! | – 总比冒死退回去好 – 有人来了 |
[56:00] | They’re coming! | 他们来了! |
[56:08] | What are they doin’? | 他们在干什么? |
[56:09] | If they want to throw us out, why didn’t they come in force? | 他们为什么不全力进攻? |
[56:12] | Maybe they was acting on their own. | 也许他们落了单 |
[56:16] | Maybe they wanted to get into nirvana. | 也许他们想上西天 |
[56:20] | They’re coming. | 敌人来了 |
[56:32] | Keck! | 怎么回事? |
[56:33] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[56:35] | Oh, Jesus! | 老天! |
[56:38] | I blew my butt off! | 我炸到屁股! |
[56:40] | – It’s all right. It’s all right. – I blew my butt off! | – 没事 没事 – 我把屁股炸掉了 |
[56:44] | Lay down! | 趴下来 |
[56:45] | What a fucking recruit trick to pull! | 我怎么会这么衰? |
[56:48] | – Take it easy. Take it easy. – I grabbed it by the pin! | – 我只拔到保险制 – 写信给我老婆 |
[56:52] | You write my old lady. You tell her… I want her to know I died like a man. | 告诉她我死得很光荣 |
[56:56] | Nobody’s gonna have to write her. You’ll make it. | 你不会死的 没人给她写 得你自己来 |
[56:59] | – Don’t bullshit me! – Stay down! | – 别骗我 – 下来 |
[57:01] | Hey, hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[57:04] | Have I got mud on my face? | 我全身是泥 |
[57:06] | Wipe it off. Get it off. | 帮我擦掉 |
[57:09] | No! | 不 |
[57:11] | I’ll write her. I promise. | 我会写信给她 |
[57:17] | Take my canteen. There’s still some water in there. | 我的水壶还有水 拿去吧 |
[57:26] | It’s for the best. | 也许这样最好 |
[57:29] | I’m all messed up down there. | 我的下面被炸烂 |
[57:32] | I can’t fuck no more. | 不能搞了 |
[57:36] | Whoa… Where am I? | 我在哪儿? |
[57:41] | Where am I? | 我在哪儿? |
[57:46] | You’re gonna be all right. | 你不会有事 |
[57:48] | Even if you die, you didn’t let your brother down. | 就算你死了 你没有对不起兄弟 |
[57:52] | If you hadn’t thrown yourself against that embankment, we’d all have been killed. | 要是你不扑上去 我们全都会死 |
[57:57] | I’m cold. | 我好冷 |
[58:02] | I’m cold. | 我好冷 |
[58:05] | I’m… freezing. | 我快冻死了 |
[59:02] | You gonna write his wife? | 你要写信给他老婆? |
[59:06] | Fuck, no. | 才不要 |
[59:08] | I don’t know his old lady. | 我又不认识她 |
[59:11] | That’s the company commander’s job. You outta your mind? I ain’t no good at writing. | 那是连长的事 别傻了 我不会写信 |
[59:15] | You told him you would. | 你答应过他 |
[59:18] | I’ll say anything to ’em when they’re like that. | 他快死了 我得那么说 |
[59:22] | Somebody ought to do it. | 有人得写信给她 |
[59:24] | Well, then, you write her. Yeah, you write her. | 你写给她吧 |
[59:36] | What’s wrong, Jim? | 怎么回事? |
[1:00:59] | There’s nothing anybody can do for him. He’ll die before they get him to a surgeon. | 他没救了 谁也救不了他 |
[1:01:04] | – Then I can’t ask you to go out there. – Maybe I could get some morphine into him. | – 你不必去了 – 我可以替他注射吗啡 |
[1:01:09] | – Would it keep him quiet? – Not for long, but I can give him two. | – 能让他安静吗? – 不能 我可以打两针 |
[1:01:12] | And I could maybe leave him three or four for himself. | 留三 四针给他自己打 |
[1:01:18] | Couldn’t you give ’em to him all at once? | 你能一次打完吗? |
[1:01:38] | That’s what you are. | 你们都会死 |
[1:01:42] | That’s all there is for us. That’s us, that’s us. | 我们全都会没命 |
[1:01:46] | I lost all twelve. I lost all twelve. | 我的十二名弟兄都死了 |
[1:01:50] | All twelve of ’em. | 全都挂了 |
[1:01:52] | It’s insanity up there. | 太疯狂了 |
[1:01:54] | I told ’em what to do, I showed ’em where to go and I gave ’em a push. | 我叫他们勇往直前 |
[1:01:58] | – Somebody help! – I know you. I know you, Sergeant. | – 救命 – 我认得你…副连长 |
[1:02:04] | It’s insane. I don’t know who’s in charge here, but don’t let him go! Don’t let him go! | 这里谁指挥? 别放走他 |
[1:02:08] | I’m outta here. I’m outta here. | 我要走 我要走 |
[1:02:11] | I’m outta here. All right, move feet. Move, move, move, move. Move, move! | 两只脚 快走 走啊 |
[1:02:15] | I’m moving. I’m moving. I’m moving now. | 我要走了 我要走了… |
[1:02:18] | Don’t touch. Don’t touch. Don’t look at me. Don’t touch. OK, I’m outta here. | 别碰我 别看我 别碰我 别看我 我走了 |
[1:02:22] | All right. All right. | 没事了 没事了 |
[1:02:24] | All right. All right. | 没事了 没事了 |
[1:02:45] | Somebody help me! | 救救我 |
[1:02:48] | Help me! | 救救我! |
[1:02:51] | You gotta be quiet. I came to help you, Tella. | 还好吧 小子? 我来救你了 提拉 |
[1:02:54] | – OK. Calm down. – Fuck you! | – 安静点 – 去你的 |
[1:02:56] | I’m dying! I’m dying, sarge! | 我快死了 我快死了 |
[1:02:59] | OK. Well, goddamn it, do it with less noise! | 那就安静地等死 |
[1:03:03] | – How you gonna get me out? – I’m gonna take you back. | – 你能救我吗? – 我会带你回去 |
[1:03:09] | – Come on. – No! | – 来 – 不! |
[1:03:11] | Put me down! Put me down! | 放我下来 放我下来 |
[1:03:19] | Leave me alone… Leave me alone. | 别管我 你别管我 |
[1:03:22] | Please, leave me alone. | 你别管我 |
[1:03:33] | Give me more. Give me more. | 给我多一点 给我多一点 |
[1:03:35] | Give me more. Give me more. | 再给我多一点… |
[1:03:38] | Give me more. Give me more. | 再给我多一点… |
[1:03:43] | Here, Tella. | 来吧 |
[1:03:53] | Goodbye… goodbye. | 再见…再见… |
[1:03:59] | Bye, kid. | 再见了 小子 |
[1:04:01] | Goodbye, sarge. Goodbye. | 再见 副连长 |
[1:04:20] | Fortunately, Jim, the fate of the company doesn’t depend on one man. | 幸好部队不必只靠一个大兵 |
[1:04:29] | Sergeant, I saw the whole thing through the glasses. | 我用望远镜看到经过 |
[1:04:32] | I’m gonna mention you in orders tomorrow and recommend you for the Silver Star. | 我会请营长表扬你 |
[1:04:36] | – It’s the most courageous thing… – Captain, | – 我要替你争取银星勋章 – 长官 |
[1:04:39] | you say one more word to thank me, I’ll knock you right in the teeth. | 你再说下去我就把你揍扁 |
[1:04:43] | You mention me in your fuckin’ orders, and I’ll resign so fast | 你去争取勋章 我马上辞职 |
[1:04:47] | and leave you here to run this busted-up outfit by yourself. | 让你一个人指挥这个烂部队 |
[1:04:52] | You understand? | 懂不懂? |
[1:04:55] | Property! Whole fuckin’ thing’s about property. | 权力! 打仗全是为了权力 |
[1:05:14] | What’s the matter with you, Staros? Those men should be reinforced immediately! | 你在搞什么鬼? 马上派人支援他们 |
[1:05:18] | What are they doing? I can see ’em through my glasses. | 他们在干嘛? |
[1:05:21] | They’re lying behind that ledge! | 躲在那里做什么? |
[1:05:23] | They should be up and out, cleaning out those machine guns! Over! | 他们应该去消灭机关枪 |
[1:05:27] | I don’t think you understand what’s going on, sir. | 我想你不明白 长官 |
[1:05:30] | We’ve had… heavy casualties. | 我们的伤亡惨重 |
[1:05:33] | We had a man… His gut got shot out on the slopes, sir. Created quite an upset. | 有一个人的肠子被打出来 死得很惨 |
[1:05:38] | Fine, fine. Now, what about those reinforcements? Over. | 好吧 到底有没有支援? |
[1:05:41] | I have two squads to First Platoon I can send up, sir. Over. | 第一排有两个班可以支援 |
[1:05:47] | What the hell do you mean, two squads?! | 什么 两个班?! |
[1:05:50] | Goddamn you, Staros! When I say reinforcements, | 该死 我叫你支援就照办 |
[1:05:53] | goddamn it, I mean it! You commit everybody you have there and do it now! | 马上派全体兄弟攻上去 |
[1:05:58] | Your First Platoon, too. I see ’em lying on their fat asses doing nothing. | 第一排也得去 我看到他们躺着不动 |
[1:06:02] | Get a man to ’em right now with orders to attack, and move ’em by the flank to the ridge. | 派人上去 命令他们进攻 命令他们侧攻 |
[1:06:07] | Then get that Second Platoon over to the hill! | 然后叫第二排攻上山头 |
[1:06:10] | Have ’em press the centre. Go straight up that goddamn hill! | 叫他们直接攻上去 |
[1:06:13] | Attack them right now! | 马上进攻 |
[1:06:15] | Jesus, Staros! Do i have to give you a lesson on infantry tactics | 天啊 要我教吗? |
[1:06:19] | while your men are getting their asses shot off?. | 你的兄弟快被射死了 |
[1:06:22] | Colonel, I don’t think you fully understand what is going on here. | 上校 你不明白这里的情况 |
[1:06:26] | My company alone cannot take that position, sir. | 光凭这一队不能攻下山头 |
[1:06:29] | The Japs are too well dug in. They’ve got too much fire power. | 敌军防守严密 火力太强 |
[1:06:33] | Colonel, there’s a bunker up there. | 上面有座碉堡 |
[1:06:35] | We can’t see it, and it’s… it’s chewing my men to pieces, sir. | 我们看不到 它把我的兄弟打得很惨 |
[1:06:41] | I request permission for patrol reconnaissance around | 请你准许我先派人 |
[1:06:45] | to the right of Hill 210. I believe the entire position, sir, | 进入右边的森林搜查 |
[1:06:49] | can be outflanked with a manoeuvre there in force. | 从右边包抄应该能攻下山头 |
[1:06:51] | – No! Goddamn it, no! – Might save lives! | – 不行 该死 – 挽救生命 |
[1:06:54] | There’ll be no flanking move. | 不能包抄 |
[1:06:56] | Listen, Staros. You’re not gonna take your men | 听我说 你不能带兄弟 |
[1:06:59] | around into the jungle to avoid a goddamn fight! | 躲到丛林当缩头乌龟 |
[1:07:02] | Do you hear me, Staros? I want you to attack right now with every man at your disposal! | 我要你带领兄弟全力进攻 |
[1:07:08] | Now, attack, Staros! That’s a direct order! | 史塔奥 快进攻 这是命令 |
[1:07:20] | Sir, I must tell you that I refuse to obey your order. | 我必须违背你的命令 |
[1:07:37] | – There it is, right there. See it? – I don’t see it. | – 在那里 能看见吗? – 看不见 |
[1:07:42] | This is not your fault, Jim. He’s ordering you to. | 你没有错 他下了命令 |
[1:07:49] | I again request permission for patrol reconnaissance around to the right in force. | 我请你让我派人到丛林搜查 |
[1:07:55] | The time, sir,… is 1321 hours, 25 seconds. | 现在时间是…13时21分25秒 |
[1:07:59] | I have two witnesses here. I request that you do the same with witnesses there. Over. | 两名证人听到我的话 请你也找证人 |
[1:08:09] | Staros, don’t pull this guardhouse-lawyer bullshit with me! | 别给我来律师那一套 |
[1:08:13] | Now, I know you’re a goddamn lawyer! This is not a court of law. | 你是律师 这里却不是法庭 |
[1:08:17] | This is a war. It’s a goddamn battle! | 这是战场 我们在打仗 |
[1:08:19] | Now, I want that frontal attack. I repeat my order. Over. | 我重覆 我要你正面攻击 |
[1:08:24] | Colonel, I refuse to take my men up there in a frontal attack. | 我拒绝率领兄弟作正面攻击 |
[1:08:28] | It’s suicide, sir. | 这等于是自杀 |
[1:08:30] | I’ve lived with these men for two years, and I will not order them all to their deaths. Over. | 我和他们生活两年半 不能命令他们送死 完毕 |
[1:08:45] | This is a very important decision, Staros. | 这是很重大的决定 |
[1:08:51] | But if you feel that strongly, maybe you have a reason, so I’m coming down. | 也许你有理由这么做 |
[1:08:55] | Go take a look. | 我要过去 |
[1:08:57] | I’m not rescinding my order to you, son, | 我不是取消命令 |
[1:09:00] | but if I find extenuating circumstances when I get there, I’ll take that into account. | 不过如果是特殊状况 我会仔细考虑 |
[1:09:05] | Now, in the meantime, goddamn it, I want you to hold on until I get there. | 你们守在那儿等我来 |
[1:09:09] | And, if possible, you get those men on the ridge out and moving! Out. | 可能的话叫那些兄弟前进 完毕 |
[1:09:13] | (希腊语) | |
[1:09:27] | One spot’s as good as another, men. | 哪里都一样 |
[1:09:29] | There’s no place to hide. | 根本就无处可躲 |
[1:09:36] | Just take it easy, son. Take it easy. Take it easy. | 孩子 放松点 |
[1:09:41] | Where’s… where’s Fife? | 费夫呢? |
[1:09:44] | Fife? He’s right here, son. Fife. | 在这儿 费夫 |
[1:09:46] | Hold my hand, Fife. | 握住我的手 |
[1:09:50] | Hold my hand. | 握我的手 |
[1:09:57] | I got it. | 抓住了 |
[1:10:03] | I’m dying, Fife. | 我快死了 |
[1:10:32] | Oh, Captain… | 连长… |
[1:11:23] | Shut up in a tomb. | 我被埋在棺材里 |
[1:11:28] | Can’t lift the lid. | 掀不起棺盖 |
[1:11:32] | Played a role I never conceived. | 我的处境进退两难 |
[1:11:35] | Get that blouse on, soldier. It’s not a goddamn bathing beach! | 穿上衣服 这不是海滩 |
[1:11:39] | Put it on right now. | 立刻穿上 |
[1:11:41] | What you aiming at, son? Let’s go get those son of a bitches. | 你在指谁? 去杀敌呀 |
[1:11:44] | Move up! | 前进! |
[1:11:56] | What are you doing laying down there where you can’t see a damn thing? | 你趴在这儿什么也看不到 |
[1:12:05] | Observing, sir. Just sent First Platoon forward to the ridge. | 我正在观察 我派第一排上去 |
[1:12:09] | – How many of ’em were hit this time? – None, sir. | – 这次有几个中弹? – 没有 |
[1:12:12] | None? Not one? | 一个都没有? |
[1:12:15] | Doesn’t sound like the situation you described to me over the sound power. | 这跟你说的情况不一样 |
[1:12:20] | Well, it’s not. The situation’s changed just in the last five minutes, sir. | 五分钟前情况改变了 |
[1:12:28] | Captain, you listen to me. | 上尉 给我听住 |
[1:12:30] | We’re going over there and taking everybody with us. | 我们要全力向前进攻 |
[1:12:33] | Do you have any more complaints or demurrers? | 有问题吗? |
[1:12:36] | – No, sir. Not now. – All right! We’re gonna do things my way! | – 现在 没有 – 好吧 你得照我的方法 |
[1:12:40] | My way! You understand that, Captain? | 让我来指挥 |
[1:12:42] | We’re taking everybody over to that ledge! We may take that ridge by nightfall! | 大家上去 晚上得攻下来 |
[1:12:47] | I think the ridge is quite a way from being reduced, sir. | 上面的火力还是很强 |
[1:12:58] | Show me how to see things the way you do. | 神啊 你到底看到什么? |
[1:13:04] | Show me how to see things the way you do. | 让我知道你看到什么 |
[1:13:09] | We’re just dirt. We’re just dirt. | 我们全是尘土 |
[1:13:36] | We’re gonna get killed if we stay here. | 留在这儿肯定送命 |
[1:13:39] | Bell, take six men | 比尔 带六个弟兄 |
[1:13:42] | and go see what’s up there. | 上去探查 |
[1:13:49] | And we’ll cover you the best we can from down there. | 我们会掩护你们 |
[1:15:12] | OK. | 好 |
[1:15:14] | You guys, you guys, stay here. OK? | 你们留下来 |
[1:15:17] | I’m going alone. | 我一个人去 |
[1:16:59] | Come out. | 来吧 |
[1:17:06] | Come out where lam. | 到我的身边 |
[1:18:17] | There was a… There was a… | 上面有…上面有… |
[1:18:21] | There’s a bunker… up there. | 上面有一座碉堡 |
[1:18:26] | It’s five guns. | 总共有五支机关枪 |
[1:18:28] | It’s five guns. | 五支机关枪 |
[1:18:35] | That strongpoint up there, somewhere up there around those rocks, | 攻下那些乱石间的碉堡 |
[1:18:40] | is the key to this ridge. | 就能攻下这座山头 |
[1:18:45] | Bell here is quite right. | 比尔说得没错 |
[1:18:47] | From their knob up there, those little brown brothers can cover the whole of the ground | 日本鬼子从上面 |
[1:18:53] | in front of this position for 1,000 yards. They’ve left this ledge unguarded. | 可以扫射一千码内的目标 不过他们漏掉这地方 |
[1:18:57] | Now, goddamn it, that’s a mistake. That’s a hell of a mistake. | 这是很严重的错误 这是很严重的错误 |
[1:19:01] | We need to take advantage of it before they see their error. | 我们得利用他们的疏忽 |
[1:19:08] | All right, all right, I know you’re all pretty exhausted, | 我知道你们筋疲力尽 |
[1:19:11] | and we’ve had a hell of a time getting water up here. | 这里连清水也没有 |
[1:19:16] | For that I’m sorry. I apologise to you all. | 对不起 我向大家道歉 |
[1:19:20] | But if we can reduce this bunker tomorrow, I think we can take this ridge. | 不过明天若能攻下这座碉堡 就能占领山头 |
[1:19:27] | So I’m asking for volunteers. | 有没有人自愿 |
[1:19:30] | Go back up there and knock it out. | 回去攻下那座碉堡 |
[1:19:32] | Sir? | 长官 |
[1:19:34] | I’ll be glad to go back up | 我愿意… |
[1:19:36] | – and lead the way back for a party. – Right. | – 身先士卒回去作战 – 很好 比尔 |
[1:19:39] | – I’ll go, sir. – You. | – 上校 我也去 – 还有你 |
[1:19:41] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:19:43] | – I’d like to lead the party, Colonel. – All right, John. I was hoping you’d say that. | – 我很想率领突击队 – 我正希望你去 约翰 |
[1:19:48] | – You’ll be in command. – I’ll go, sir. | – 你来指挥 – 我要去 |
[1:19:51] | – Sir? – You. | – 长官 – 你 |
[1:19:52] | All right, men, that’s enough. Seven is plenty. Gather up. | 够了 七个人够多了 准备出发 |
[1:20:00] | I don’t know if you realise the importance of this operation, Staros. | 史塔奥 你知道这一役有多重要吗? |
[1:20:06] | Once our position is secured, we can move the bombers in. | 攻下这座岛 轰炸机就能降落 |
[1:20:09] | That means air power for 1,000 miles in every direction. | 我们的军队 便有一千英里的空中攻击力 |
[1:20:15] | Guadalcanal may be the turning point in the war. | 窝达康拉尔岛一役能决定胜负 |
[1:20:19] | – It’ll cost lives. Is that what’s troubling you? – No, sir. | – 你不同意 一定得牺牲性命? – 不是 长官 |
[1:20:26] | I explained to you the importance of this objective. | 我跟你说过胜利的重要 |
[1:20:29] | How many men do you think it’s worth? How many lives? | 你认为牺牲多少兄弟才值得? |
[1:20:32] | I can’t say, sir. | 我不知道 |
[1:20:40] | Are you prepared to sacrifice the lives of any of your men in this campaign? | 你愿意牺牲你的兄弟吗? |
[1:20:47] | How many? One? Two? | 多少? 一个? 两个? |
[1:20:50] | Twenty? | 二十个? |
[1:20:54] | Lives will be lost in your company, Captain. | 你的小队一定会死人 |
[1:20:58] | And if you don’t have the stomach for it, now is the time to let me know. | 要是你受不了 现在最好让我知道 |
[1:21:04] | No, sir. You’re right… about everything you said. | 不 你说得对 你说得都对 |
[1:21:08] | Fine, fine. | 好吧 没事了 |
[1:21:10] | That’s all, Captain. | 好吧 长官 |
[1:21:14] | One more thing, Staros. | 还有一件事 |
[1:21:16] | It’s not necessary for you to ever tell me that you think I’m right. | 你不必跟我说我说得对 |
[1:21:21] | Ever. | 没有必要 |
[1:21:23] | We’ll assume it. | 这是理所当然的 |
[1:21:25] | Dismissed. | 解散 |
[1:21:44] | I feel sorry for you, kid. | 我为你感到遗憾 |
[1:21:48] | – Yeah? – Yeah, a little. | – 是吗? – 有一点吧 |
[1:21:53] | This army’s gonna kill you. | 这场仗会害死你 |
[1:21:59] | If you were smart, you’d take care of yourself. There’s nothing you can do for anybody else. | 你还是保佑自己好运点 别想救别人了 |
[1:22:05] | You’re just running into a burning house where nobody can be saved. | 就算你拼命也救不了什么人 |
[1:22:22] | What difference do you think you can make? One single man in all this madness. | 在乱世中一个人的力量很渺小 |
[1:22:32] | If you die, it’s gonna be for nothing. | 不要白白送死 |
[1:22:39] | There’s not some other world out there where everything’s gonna be OK. | 没有另一个美好世界 |
[1:22:43] | There’s just this one. | 这是唯一的世界 |
[1:22:47] | Just this rock. | 只有这座孤岛 |
[1:23:27] | Go ahead! Come on, come on. | 来吧 让我死吧 |
[1:23:29] | Who’s deciding who’s gonna live? | 谁能决定别人的生? |
[1:23:32] | Who’s deciding who’s gonna die? | 谁能决定别人的死? |
[1:23:37] | This is futile! | 太荒谬了 |
[1:23:40] | Look at me! I stand right up here and not one bullet. | 看看我 我身上没有中弹 |
[1:23:46] | Not one shot! | 毫发未伤! |
[1:23:49] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:23:51] | How come they all had to die? | 他们全都死了 |
[1:23:53] | I can stand right here, I can stand right up and nothing happens to me! | 我却站在这儿 一点事也没有 |
[1:24:18] | We. | 我们 |
[1:24:27] | We together. | 我们在一起 |
[1:24:39] | One being. | 合而为一 |
[1:24:56] | Flow together like water, | 水乳交融 |
[1:25:02] | till I can’t tell you from me. | 分不出你和我 |
[1:25:22] | I drink you. | 我爱你 |
[1:25:26] | Now. | 现在 |
[1:25:31] | Now. | 现在 |
[1:26:09] | You’re my light. | 您是我的明灯 |
[1:26:15] | My guide. | 我的指引 |
[1:27:26] | John, I’ll be behind you. If you wanna break through, we’ll come after. | 我们在后面 要是攻破防线 |
[1:27:30] | We’ll charge at your whistle signal. | 就吹哨子通知我们冲上去 |
[1:27:33] | All right, let’s go, men. Go get ’em. | 去吧 去杀敌吧 |
[1:29:30] | OK. | 好 |
[1:29:33] | Stay down, below this ledge, | 你们留在底下 |
[1:29:35] | and I’ll call down the data from above. | 我从上面叫出敌人方位 |
[1:29:40] | Once the 81s have plastered that rock… as much as possible, | 让炮兵密集轰炸这些岩石 |
[1:29:44] | we’re gonna crawl out along that big rock for cover | 再到大石旁找掩护 |
[1:29:50] | and then flank ’em to the right. | 然后从右翼进攻 |
[1:29:52] | OK? | 好吗? |
[1:29:55] | OK. OK. | 好…好 |
[1:30:18] | Azimuth 1470… from Easy Roger 7. | 方位1470…座标ER7 |
[1:30:24] | 100 left, add 200. | 左方一百码 距离两百码 |
[1:30:26] | Uncle Baker 1, fire mission. | 炮兵部队 准备开炮 |
[1:30:29] | Azimuth 1470 from Easy Roger 7. | 方位1470 座标ER7 |
[1:30:32] | Left 100, add 200. | 左方一百码 距离两百码 |
[1:30:36] | Machine gun. Will adjust. Over. | 炮轰机关枪 稍后再修正 |
[1:30:39] | Understand. 1470 from EasyRoger 7. | 收到了 方位1470 座标ER7 |
[1:30:57] | Left 25, drop 50! | 左25码 前50码 |
[1:31:00] | Left 25, Uncle Baker 1. | 炮兵部队 |
[1:31:02] | Left 25, drop 50. | 左25码 前50码 |
[1:31:04] | Fire for effect. Over. | 准备开炮 |
[1:31:07] | Roger, Uncle Baker 1. | 收到 炮兵部队 |
[1:31:31] | Let’s go! | 上吧 |
[1:31:48] | OK, we’re gonna continue on up the hill to the right. | 从右翼攻上山头 |
[1:31:52] | Nobody fire or throw the grenades till I give the signal. | 等我信号再开枪或丢手榴弹 |
[1:31:56] | OK, let’s do it. | 好 咱们上 |
[1:32:13] | Is he OK? ls he all right? | 他没事吧? |
[1:32:16] | What we gonna do? Can’t take him with us. | 不能把他带走 怎么办? |
[1:32:18] | – No, we can’t leave him here. – He’s from your platoon. You stay with him. | – 不能把他留下来 – 你们是同队兄弟 你陪他 |
[1:32:22] | We can leave him and pick him up on the way back,… if he’s still alive. | 我们回来再接他…如果他还活着 |
[1:32:30] | – Is he dead? – Not yet. | – 他死了吗? – 还没有 |
[1:32:33] | Dale, stay with him! Cover our flank! Move! | 陪着他 掩护我们 冲吧 |
[1:33:01] | Behind you! | 小心后面 |
[1:33:18] | We’re pinned down! | 我们被打得好惨 |
[1:33:50] | Fall back! | 撤退 |
[1:33:57] | Go! | 走吧 |
[1:35:09] | Watch out. | 小心 |
[1:35:50] | Clear! | 安全了! |
[1:36:44] | Come on. Get out. | 给我滚出来 |
[1:36:47] | Go on. | 出来 |
[1:36:52] | Think you’re soldiers? | 你想杀我们? |
[1:37:01] | You piece of shit! | 你这人渣 |
[1:37:10] | Son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的 |
[1:37:12] | Son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的 |
[1:37:33] | All right? | 如何? |
[1:37:38] | I shot a man. | 我杀死一个人 |
[1:38:15] | Stinks around here. | 这里好臭 |
[1:38:18] | – All these dead people. – Put a cigarette up your nose. | – 这么多死人 – 鼻孔里塞烟头 |
[1:39:44] | Look at ’em move! | 看他们逃命! |
[1:39:47] | Look at ’em move! | 看他们逃命! |
[1:39:48] | We got ’em on the run! | 把他们赶跑了 |
[1:39:50] | Way to go, John. When they saw you make that attack and win, | 约翰 干得好 你把他们打得落花流水 |
[1:39:54] | you put their hearts back into them. | 兄弟们都士气高涨 |
[1:39:56] | – Hey, hey! – Don’t do that, soldier. | – 嘿 嘿 – 别打了 |
[1:39:59] | Take care of the others. G-2 will want them. There’ll be somebody around before long. | 把犯人带来 交给情报部 他们马上就来 |
[1:40:03] | We’ve wasted enough time here. Let’s go. | 浪费了很多时间 走吧 |
[1:40:06] | Sir, I’ve a few recommendations for decorations. | 我要推荐一些人接受勋章 |
[1:40:09] | Yes. We’ll get everything for all of ’em that we can, but later. | 我会尽力向他们争取 但是迟些再说 |
[1:40:13] | Meantime, I want you to know I’m personally recommending you for something, John. | 不过我要你知道 我会推荐你接受勋章 |
[1:40:17] | Perhaps the big one. | 也许是英勇奖章 |
[1:40:19] | – Thank you, sir, but I don’t feel… – Yes, you do, John. | – 谢谢你 不过我… – 这是你应得的 |
[1:40:22] | Getting it for you will be the goddamn problem! | 能不能争取到才是问题 |
[1:40:25] | But, hell, it’d be a big thing for the battalion and the regiment, if you did get it. | 你能受勋对部队有很大鼓舞 |
[1:40:29] | We better move out. | 最好赶快前进 |
[1:40:31] | We need to extend our lines, hook up with the other companies and push on to the top. | 加入别的部队攻上山头 |
[1:40:36] | Would you like to take command of Baker Company? | 你想指挥B队吗? |
[1:40:39] | Of course. | 当然想 |
[1:40:40] | Sir, I don’t mean to be a wet blanket, but about the water. If we don’t get water… | 我不想扫你的兴 但是没有食水… |
[1:40:44] | Don’t worry about water. | 别担心水的问题 |
[1:40:48] | John, I don’t want anything to break up this attack of ours now we have the momentum. | 现在士气如虹 不能中断 |
[1:40:53] | We’ll have some water in a… couple of hours. | 过几个小时就有食用水 |
[1:40:57] | I’ve arranged for that. | 我会安排的 |
[1:41:00] | Now, we just can’t stop now, goddamn it, and wait for it. | 该死 现在不能停下来 |
[1:41:03] | No, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[1:41:05] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:41:08] | And if some of the men… pass out, why, hell, they’ll just have to pass out. | 如果有些人因脱水昏倒 那就让他们昏倒 |
[1:41:17] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:41:19] | They could… | 他们会死的 |
[1:41:21] | They could die from it.They could die from enemy fire, too! | 他们也会被敌人杀死 |
[1:41:25] | They’re all tough boys. | 他们很坚强 |
[1:41:32] | Come on, men, let’s go! You’ll see plenty more of those where we’re going! | 兄弟们 走吧 一路上会有更多死人 |
[1:41:38] | Are we going up this hill or aren’t we? | 到底要不要上山头? |
[1:41:44] | John, I’m convinced that the Japanese position can be broken now. | 我相信现在能突破日军防线 |
[1:41:48] | All we have to do is keep going and we’ll have this hill. We’ll have this hill by sundown. | 只要继续前进 日落时就能攻下山头 |
[1:41:53] | You see the spirit in these men? D’you see the new spirit? | 看到他们全新的斗志吗? |
[1:41:56] | Well, I want to take advantage of that before something happens to sap their strength. | 我们得一鼓作气 乘胜追击 |
[1:42:02] | To have this battalion relieved in a defeat, | 要是稍微迟疑就会战败 |
[1:42:05] | or even to have it reinforced from troops from the reserves,if we were to stall before reaching the top, well, | 或者是根本攻不上山头 |
[1:42:12] | Jesus Christ, that’s just a hell of a lot more than I could stand! | 天啊 我不能忍受失败 |
[1:42:16] | I’ve waited all my life for this. | 我等了一辈子 |
[1:42:18] | I’ve worked, slaved, eaten… oh, untold buckets of shit to have this opportunity! | 一直以来忍气吞声 都是为了这一刻 |
[1:42:23] | And I don’t intend to give it up now. | 我不会半途而废 |
[1:42:29] | You don’t know what it feels like to be passed over. | 你不知道被忽略的感受 |
[1:42:32] | I mean, you’re young. You’re just out of the Academy. | 你刚出军校 还很年轻 |
[1:42:36] | You’re, you know, you’ve got your war! This 15 years, this is my first war! | 你生对时代了 我等了十五年才等到这场战争 |
[1:42:47] | John, some day you’ll understand. | 有一天你会了解 |
[1:42:56] | You’re like a son to me, John. | 我把你当儿子看待 |
[1:43:00] | You know what my son does? | 知道我儿子做什么吗? |
[1:43:03] | He’s a bait salesman. | 他做鱼饵生意 |
[1:43:08] | You’ve done a hell of a job, John. | 你干得很好 |
[1:43:10] | I’m gonna make sure that you get everything, everything that you deserve. | 我要让你得到应得的荣誉 |
[1:43:17] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[1:43:22] | God… | 天啊… |
[1:43:25] | Goddamn it! I want three runners! | 该死 我要三名传令兵 |
[1:43:27] | Get me three runners! | 给我三名传令兵 |
[1:43:29] | You go back to the rear to find water | 回去找水源 |
[1:43:31] | and get back here with it as fast as you can! | 马上运过来 |
[1:43:35] | We attack in one hour! We’ll throw everything we got at ’em. | 一小时后就全力进攻 |
[1:43:39] | We’re going all the way! Nothing’ll stop us. | 不能失败 没人能阻止 |
[1:43:41] | It’s high ground by nightfall! | 晚上就得成功 |
[1:44:07] | You seen many dead people? | 你看过死人吗? |
[1:44:11] | Plenty. | 很多 |
[1:44:13] | They’re no different than dead dogs, | 跟死狗没两样 |
[1:44:16] | once you get used to the idea. | 只要有这种想法 |
[1:44:23] | They’re meat, kid. | 他们就像猪肉一样 |
[1:44:41] | Are you righteous? Kind? | 你们代表正义和善良吗? |
[1:44:47] | Does your confidence lie in this? | 你们是否有信心? |
[1:44:53] | Are you loved by all? | 受到大家爱护? |
[1:44:57] | Know that I was, too. | 我跟你们一样 |
[1:45:03] | Do you imagine your sufferings will be less because you loved goodness? | 你们认为自己所受的苦难 是比较少吗? |
[1:45:08] | Truth? | 我们善良有良知 |
[1:49:09] | Get fucking on the ground! Get down! Get down! | 趴下来 趴下来 |
[1:49:13] | Get down. Stay there. | 趴下来 呆着 |
[1:49:23] | Get on the ground! Get on the fucking ground! | 给我趴下来 快点 |
[1:49:27] | Now! | 快! |
[1:50:28] | This great evil. | 这么可怕的邪恶 |
[1:50:33] | Where’s it come from? | 它来自哪里? |
[1:50:40] | How’d it steal into the world? | 怎么会潜伏在世上? |
[1:50:54] | What seed, what root did it grow from? | 原因和根源到底是什么? |
[1:51:02] | Who’s doing this? | 这是谁造成的? |
[1:51:07] | Who’s killing us? | 谁在屠杀众生 |
[1:51:13] | Robbing us of life and light. | 剥夺我们的生命之火 |
[1:51:20] | Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known. | 嘲笑我们对人间的依恋 |
[1:51:50] | Does our ruin benefit the Earth? | 战争对地球有利吗? |
[1:51:55] | Does it help the grass to grow or the sun to shine? | 它能滋长万物 孕育众生吗? |
[1:52:05] | Is this darkness in you, too? | 上帝也有黑暗的一面? |
[1:52:13] | Have you passed through this night? | 他是否也感受邪恶力量? |
[1:52:22] | I’m gonna sink my teeth into your liver. | 我要把你开膛剖肚 |
[1:52:28] | You’re dying. | 你死定了 |
[1:52:42] | See them birds up there? | 看到那些鸟吗? |
[1:52:46] | You know they eat you raw? | 它们会把你生吞活剥 |
[1:52:53] | Where you’re going, you’re not coming back from. | 你下地狱就回不来 |
[1:53:03] | (日语) | |
[1:54:08] | What are you to me? | 你对我有意义吗? |
[1:54:16] | Nothing. | 毫无义意 |
[1:56:39] | Have a seat here. | 坐下来 |
[1:56:51] | Staros, I’m relieving you of your command. | 史塔奥 我要将你革职 |
[1:56:58] | Lieutenant Band will take over for you. | 班中尉会取代你 |
[1:57:02] | I already told him. | 我跟他说了 |
[1:57:14] | It’s a hard thing to do. | 我也不想这么做 |
[1:57:17] | Difficult decision to make. | 这是很困难的决定 |
[1:57:23] | I don’t think you’re tough enough. | 你的心不够狠 |
[1:57:26] | You’re too soft. You’re just too soft-hearted. You’re not tough-fibred enough. | 你心太软了 不够心狠手辣 |
[1:57:36] | Anyway, it’s my decision to make. I’ve already made it. | 我的心意已定 没什么好说 |
[1:57:40] | I don’t like to see my men get killed, sir. | 我不想让我的兄弟送死 |
[1:57:51] | Have you ever had anyone die in your arms, sir? | 有人曾死在你怀里吗? |
[1:57:54] | Have you? | 有吗? |
[1:58:09] | I don’t see any reason to make a scandal out of this. | 我不想引起事端 |
[1:58:12] | I don’t want it in the records of the battalion. There’s no reason for you to have it on yours. | 也不想在服役记录中留下污点 |
[1:58:18] | This has nothing to do with cowardice or inefficiency. | 这和能力或胆量无关 |
[1:58:25] | Look at this jungle. | 看看这座丛林 |
[1:58:27] | Look at those vines, the way they twine around the trees, swallowing everything. | 那些藤蔓缠绕着大树 吞食一切 |
[1:58:35] | Nature’s cruel, Staros. | 大自然很残酷 |
[1:58:47] | I’m going to let you apply for reassignment to the Judge Advocate General Corps | 你可以申请调到华府的军法局 |
[1:58:52] | for reasons of ill health. | 就说你生了病 |
[1:58:54] | You’re a lawyer. | 你是律师 |
[1:58:56] | – You had malaria yet? – No, I haven’t. | – 你得过虐疾吗? – 没有 |
[1:58:58] | Doesn’t matter. I can fix that. | 无所谓 我会安排的 |
[1:59:00] | Anyway, you probably will have it. | 反正你会染上的 |
[1:59:03] | I’m also recommending you for the Silver Star. | 我也会推荐你获颁银星勋章 |
[1:59:07] | And I’ll recommend it in such a way it definitely won’t be refused. | 我一定会让你无法推辞 |
[1:59:12] | Might as well have the Purple Heart, too. | 干脆也让你得紫心奖章 |
[1:59:17] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:59:19] | Because of that scratch on your face and because of those cuts on your hands. | 因为你脸上的疤 和手上的伤口 |
[1:59:24] | Listen to me, Staros. | 给我听好 |
[1:59:26] | I think it’s best you go back with the next batch of wounded and prisoners. | 你跟下一批伤兵离开 |
[1:59:30] | It is no goddamn good for you to keep hanging around. | 留下来对你没好处 |
[1:59:34] | The quieter we keep this, the better it’ll be for all. | 这件事不说出去最好 |
[2:00:12] | This is from Colonel Tall. | 这是多尔上校的宣布 |
[2:00:16] | “Our victory gives us the highest reasons for pride”. | 我们的胜利带来最高的荣耀 |
[2:00:21] | “It will prove a milestone in the battle for Guadalcanal”. | 这是窝达康拉尔岛役的转捩点 |
[2:00:26] | “Tomorrow the division commander will arrive to make an inspection of the line”. | 明天师长会亲自来检阅前线 |
[2:00:31] | “After the inspection we’re to be relieved by a battalion of the division’s reserve regiment”. | 接防部队会来换班 |
[2:00:37] | “I’ve secured for the battalion a week’s rest off the line”. | 我为全营兄弟 争取到一星期的假 |
[2:00:46] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[2:02:43] | Hours like months. | 长夜漫漫 |
[2:02:48] | Days like years. | 度日如年 |
[2:02:53] | Walked into the golden age. | 我正值青春年华 |
[2:02:59] | Stood on the shores of the New World. | 站在新世界的边缘 |
[2:03:13] | I would’ve come by and paid you guys a visit, | 我本来想去看你们 |
[2:03:16] | but… | 不过… |
[2:03:20] | I just felt like being alone, you know? | 我想一个人静一下 |
[2:03:25] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[2:03:37] | We wanted to thank you, sir. | 我们要谢谢你 |
[2:03:43] | For asking to make that flanking move. | 要求进行包抄行动 |
[2:03:48] | For watching out for us. | 为我们着想 |
[2:03:52] | Keeping us together. | 让我们团结一致 |
[2:03:59] | We’re all sorry to see you go. | 你不该被调走 |
[2:04:01] | We feel like you got a rotten deal. | 这不公平 |
[2:04:06] | Well, I’m not sure that you’re right. | 我并不同意 |
[2:04:12] | Tough part is… | 最难的是 |
[2:04:16] | not knowing if you’re doing any good. | 不知道这么做有没有用 |
[2:04:20] | That’s the hard part. | 这才是最难的 |
[2:04:24] | But it doesn’t matter. I don’t care. | 不过无所谓 我不在乎 |
[2:04:27] | I’m glad to be going. | 我很高兴能离开 |
[2:04:31] | I’m glad. | 真的很高兴 |
[2:04:33] | – There’s still time. We could file a complaint. – For what? | – 还是能提出申诉 – 为什么? |
[2:04:37] | What good would that do? | 有什么用? |
[2:04:41] | Anyway, I wanna go. | 反正我想走 |
[2:04:46] | Leave it alone. Let it lay. | 别管它 算了吧 |
[2:04:54] | (希腊语) | |
[2:05:01] | What does that mean, sir? | 什么意思? |
[2:05:06] | It means “You’ve been like my sons”. | 你们像是我的孩子 |
[2:05:19] | You are my sons. | 你们是我的孩子 |
[2:05:23] | My dear sons. | 我亲爱的孩子 |
[2:05:29] | You live inside me now. | 你们活在我心中 |
[2:05:35] | I’ll carry you wherever I go. | 永远与我同在 |
[2:05:53] | Can’t nothing make you forget it. | 我忘不了战争的可怕 |
[2:06:00] | Each time you start from scratch. | 悲剧不断重演 |
[2:06:08] | War don’t ennoble men. | 战争不能给我们荣耀 |
[2:06:11] | It turns ’em into dogs. | 只会把人变成野狗 |
[2:06:20] | Poisons the soul. | 荼毒我们的心灵 |
[2:07:26] | My dear wife, | 亲爱的妻子 |
[2:07:30] | you get something twisted out of your insides by all this blood, filth, and noise. | 战争的丑陋和血腥暴力 会让人丧失良知 |
[2:07:47] | I wanna stay changeless for you. | 我很想保持纯真 |
[2:07:52] | I wanna come back to you the man I was before. | 我想以原来的我回到你身边 |
[2:08:03] | How do we get to those other shores? | 我们该如何获得宁静? |
[2:08:09] | To those blue hills. | 回到青山绿水间? |
[2:08:22] | Love. | 真爱 |
[2:08:33] | Where does it come from? | 到底来自何方? |
[2:08:43] | Who lit this flame in us? | 谁燃起我们心中的爱火? |
[2:08:53] | No war can put it out, | 战争无法熄灭它 |
[2:08:56] | conquer it. | 或是征服它 |
[2:09:06] | I was a prisoner. | 我曾是个囚犯 |
[2:09:13] | You set me free. | 你让我自由 |
[2:09:19] | No matter how much training you got, | 不管你受过多少训练 |
[2:09:22] | how careful you are, | 或是多么小心 |
[2:09:26] | it’s a matter of luck whether or not you get killed. | 只要运气不好就会阵亡 |
[2:09:29] | Makes no difference who you are, or how tough a guy you might be, | 不管你是谁 或是多么骁勇善战 |
[2:09:37] | if you’re in the wrong spot at the wrong time, you’re gonna get it. | 一不小心就会被杀死 |
[2:09:52] | I look at that boy dying, | 我看着那个人死去 |
[2:09:56] | I don’t feel nothing. | 一点感觉都没有 |
[2:10:01] | I don’t care about nothing any more. | 我对一切都不在乎 |
[2:10:09] | Sounds like bliss. | 听起来很幸福 |
[2:10:15] | I don’t have that feeling yet. | 我还没有那种感觉 |
[2:10:19] | That numbness. | 麻木不仁的感觉 |
[2:10:22] | Not like the rest of you guys. | 我跟你们不一样 |
[2:10:28] | Maybe cos I knew what to expect. | 也许是因为我看得太多 |
[2:10:34] | Maybe I was just frozen up already. | 根本就失去感觉 |
[2:11:20] | I haven’t touched another woman since I was called up. | 我入伍后就没碰过女人 |
[2:11:24] | Or talked to one. | 或跟女人说过话 |
[2:11:30] | I don’t wanna… | 我不想… |
[2:11:33] | I don’t wanna feel the desire. | 我不想有欲念 |
[2:12:13] | All right. Abrahams! | 亚伯罕 |
[2:12:15] | Abrahams. Here you go. | 亚伯罕 你的信 |
[2:12:16] | Stack! Where’s Stack? | 史狄 史狄呢? |
[2:12:18] | Bring him out. | 叫他来 |
[2:12:20] | Bell? | 比尔? |
[2:12:23] | Bell! | 比尔! |
[2:12:26] | Another one for Bell. Another one for Bell. | 另一封是比尔的 另一封是比尔的 |
[2:12:31] | Dear Jack, | 亲爱的积克 |
[2:12:35] | I’ve met an Air Force captain. I’ve fallen in love with him. | 我认识一个空军上尉 我爱上他 |
[2:12:43] | I want a divorce to marry him. | 我要跟你离婚嫁给他 |
[2:12:51] | I know you can say no, but I’m asking you anyway, | 你可以拒绝 但我还是要说 |
[2:12:55] | out of the memory of what we had together. | 毕竟我们曾夫妻一场 |
[2:13:04] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[2:13:07] | It just got too lonely, Jack. | 我太寂寞了 |
[2:13:30] | We’ll meet again some day. | 我们会再见 |
[2:13:36] | People who have been as close as we’ve been always meet again. | 我们一定会再见面的 |
[2:13:49] | I have no right to speak to you this way. | 我无权跟你这么说 |
[2:13:52] | I can’t stop myself. | 不过我忍不住 |
[2:13:54] | A habit so strong. | 习惯成自然 |
[2:13:59] | Oh, my friend of all those shining years. | 你曾是我最好的朋友 |
[2:14:05] | Help me leave you! | 帮助我离开你 |
[2:15:35] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么? |
[2:16:49] | We were a family. | 我们曾是一家人 |
[2:16:54] | How’d it break up and come apart? | 不得已被拆散 |
[2:17:00] | So that now we’re turned against each other. | 现在我们自相残杀 |
[2:17:05] | Each standing in the other’s light. | 断送彼此的生路 |
[2:17:17] | How did we lose the good that was given us? | 我们怎么会失去善良本性? |
[2:17:21] | Let it slip away? | 泯灭天理良知 |
[2:17:26] | Scatter it careless? | 将人性弃之不顾 |
[2:17:49] | What’s keeping us from reaching out? | 我们为什么无法升华? |
[2:17:52] | Touching the glory? | 达到光荣的巅峰? |
[2:17:56] | I’d have had you, Witt, if you was a Jap,Long ago. | 如果我是日军你早就死了 |
[2:18:04] | They leave you here? | 你得留下来? |
[2:18:07] | Yup. | 对 |
[2:18:09] | I slowed ’em up. | 我会拖累他们 |
[2:18:12] | Don’t mind, really. | 我不介意 |
[2:18:15] | The medic fixed me up pretty good. | 医官帮我包扎得很好 |
[2:18:18] | I got plenty of ammo. | 我有很多弹药 |
[2:18:22] | Somebody’ll be along for me eventually. | 一定会有人来接我 |
[2:18:30] | – They got you good. – Right in the knee. | – 你伤不轻 – 膝盖中弹 |
[2:18:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[2:18:34] | I’m out of this war for good, Witt. | 我不必再打仗了 威特 |
[2:18:42] | – What you doin’ down here? – Just, you know, | – 你在这儿干嘛? – 只是 你知道 |
[2:18:46] | I’m heading back to the company. | 我要回到连上 |
[2:18:49] | Yeah. | 好 |
[2:18:51] | Well, you give all them boys my best. | 跟大伙儿问好 |
[2:18:54] | You can come with me if you want. | 你可以跟我来 |
[2:18:56] | I’ll help you along. | 我扶你 |
[2:19:00] | No, it’s nice and quiet. | 不了 这里很好 |
[2:19:03] | Peaceful up here. | 很安静 |
[2:19:07] | I’d just slow you up. There’ll be somebody along. | 我会拖累你 剖队会接我 |
[2:19:14] | I’ll remind ’em. | 我会提醒他们 |
[2:19:17] | OK. | 好 |
[2:20:54] | Hey, Witt. | 嘿 威特 |
[2:21:01] | Who you making trouble for today? | 今天你惹了什么麻烦? |
[2:21:04] | What d’you mean? | 什么意思? |
[2:21:07] | Well, isn’t that what you like to do? | 你不是最爱惹麻烦吗? |
[2:21:10] | Turn left when they say go right? | 叫你向左你偏偏向右 |
[2:21:19] | Why are you such a troublemaker, Witt? | 你为什么这么爱惹麻烦? |
[2:21:24] | You care about me, don’t you, Sergeant? | 你很关心我 对吧? |
[2:21:28] | I always felt like you did. | 我一直都这么觉得 |
[2:21:32] | Why do you always make yourself out like a rock? | 你为什么装得冷酷无情? |
[2:21:36] | One day I can come up and talk to you, | 有时我跟你聊得很愉快 |
[2:21:40] | by the next day it’s like we never even met. | 隔一天 我们就像没见过面似的 |
[2:21:58] | Lonely house now. | 好孤单的房子 |
[2:22:03] | You ever get lonely? | 你会觉得孤单吗? |
[2:22:05] | Only around people. | 只有在人群中 |
[2:22:09] | Only around people. | 只有在人群中 |
[2:22:15] | You still believing in the beautiful light, are you? | 你还是有美好的信念 对吧? |
[2:22:26] | How do you do that? | 你怎么办得到? |
[2:22:30] | You’re a magician to me. | 你就像是魔术师 |
[2:22:41] | I still see a spark in you. | 你眼中仍有一丝良知 |
[2:23:09] | One man looks at a dying bird and thinks there’s nothing but unanswered pain. | 有人看到死去小鸟的眼中 只有无言的痛楚 |
[2:23:17] | But death’s got the final word. | 不过死亡是无情的 |
[2:23:22] | It’s laughing at him. | 死神在嘲笑他 |
[2:23:33] | Another man sees that same bird, | 有人看着同一只小鸟 |
[2:23:39] | feels the glory. | 却看到生命光辉 |
[2:23:46] | Feels something smiling through him. | 心中充满喜悦 |
[2:24:46] | We need to get out of here right now. | 我们得马上撤退 |
[2:24:48] | – You explain to… headquarters the situation? – No. | – 你跟指挥部说过吗? – 没有 |
[2:24:53] | Do they know where we are? Cos we’re sitting ducks out here. | 他们知道我们在这儿吗? |
[2:24:58] | Well, I think that’s… up to me to judge, Sergeant. | 我们死定了 这要由我决定 |
[2:25:03] | I think we just need to send somebody up there and find out how close they are. OK? | 我们得派人去看敌军有多近 好吗? |
[2:25:09] | It’s easy. | 很容易 |
[2:25:11] | Hey, Weld… get headquarters on that thing. | 韦特 联络指挥部 |
[2:25:14] | The fire’s coming closer, sir. | 炮声越来越近 |
[2:25:16] | Line’s cut! | 没有讯号 |
[2:25:21] | We need to send somebody out there to find out where that line is being cut. | 我们得派人查出原因 |
[2:25:25] | And we need to find out how close they are. | 和敌人有多近 |
[2:25:27] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[2:25:29] | OK. OK. | 好吧 好吧 |
[2:25:36] | Hey, you. | 嘿 你 |
[2:25:38] | You go. | 你去 |
[2:25:41] | You’re going, Fife. | 费夫 你要去 |
[2:25:48] | Coombs. You go, too. | 古恩 你也去 |
[2:25:51] | Come on! | 快点 |
[2:25:53] | I’ll go. I want you to know I think the whole thing’s a bad idea, though. | 我也去 这整个任务都不对 |
[2:25:58] | If they come down here in any strength, Lieutenant, they’ll knock our position to hell. | 要是他们全力进攻 我们肯定没命 |
[2:26:03] | You don’t have to go. Others’ll volunteer. | 你不必去 别人会去 |
[2:26:05] | No, I wanna go, sir. In case something bad happens, I wanna be there. | 我想要去 万一出事我要在场 |
[2:26:10] | All right. You stay by the river. | 好吧 顺着河走 |
[2:26:13] | That jungle’s too thick. And be very careful. | 丛林很浓密 小心点 |
[2:26:16] | I will. | 我会的 |
[2:26:18] | Good luck, Witt. | 祝好运 威特 |
[2:26:20] | You OK, Fife? | 费夫 你没事吧? |
[2:27:49] | A reinforce battalion. | 敌军的增援部队 |
[2:27:54] | We need to go back. | 我们得回去 |
[2:27:55] | Tell the lieutenant. | 告诉连长 |
[2:28:01] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[2:28:20] | I’m hit! | 我中弹了 |
[2:29:21] | One of us needs to stay here and hold ’em off. | 有人得留下来阻挡敌军 |
[2:29:31] | We’ll be all right. | 我们不会有事的 |
[2:29:38] | My friend here doesn’t have long, | 我的朋友活不久了 |
[2:29:41] | so… you go. | 你们回去吧 |
[2:29:46] | You go on ahead. | 快去吧 |
[2:30:10] | Witt! | 威特 |
[2:30:58] | They’re coming. | 他们来了 |
[2:31:02] | I gotta go. I don’t want you to be afraid. | 我得走了 你不要 |
[2:31:06] | Just hide out here till you hear firing, then push on down the river. | 听到枪声就躲起来 然后再顺着河走下去 |
[2:31:10] | No. | 不 |
[2:31:52] | – Where’s Coombs? – Get back. Get back, they’re coming. | – 古恩呢? – 快撤退 敌人来了 |
[2:31:56] | Fall back. | 撤退 |
[2:32:00] | Where’s Witt? Fife, where’s Witt? | 威特呢? 费夫 威特在哪儿? |
[2:32:09] | Fife, where’s Witt? | 费夫 威特呢? |
[2:32:15] | Fife. Fife, where’s Witt? | 威特在哪儿? |
[2:33:05] | (日语) | |
[2:36:52] | Where’s your spark now? | 你的生命光辉呢? |
[2:37:17] | Now, I know you men have been making and drinking this goddamn swipe. | 我知道你们在喝私酿酒 |
[2:37:21] | That’s OK by me. | 没关系 |
[2:37:22] | Everything a lie. | 一切都是谎言… |
[2:37:24] | Any man in my outfit can get as drunk as he wants to every night. | 在我的部队可以尽管喝酒 |
[2:37:28] | Everything you hear and see. | …你见到和听到的一切 |
[2:37:30] | As long as he’s in shape to make reveille and carry out any assignment given. | 只要能执行任务就没问题 |
[2:37:34] | If he can’t do that, he’s gonna have trouble from me. | 要是不行…他就会有麻烦 |
[2:37:38] | – So much to spew out. – I prefer to think of myself as a family man, | – 他们都在说谎 – 我是个注重家庭的人 |
[2:37:42] | and that’s what we all are here, whether we like it or not. | 大家才会在一起 |
[2:37:45] | We are a family. | 我们是一家人 |
[2:37:48] | I’m the father. | 我是父亲 |
[2:37:51] | Guess that makes Sergeant Welsh here the mother. | 副连长就是母亲 |
[2:37:54] | They just keep coming, one after another. | 他们一个接一个来 |
[2:37:57] | That makes you all the children in this family. | 你们都是我的孩子 |
[2:38:01] | Now, a family can have only one head, and that is the father. | 一家之主是父亲 |
[2:38:04] | Father’s the head, mother runs it. That’s the way it’s gonna work here. | 男主外女主内 这就是规矩 |
[2:38:09] | – If any of you wanna see me about anything, – You’re in a box. | – 要是你们想见我 – 我们被困在棺材里 |
[2:38:13] | – anything at all, – A moving box. | – 只要有任何事 – 移动的棺材 |
[2:38:15] | you will find that I am available. | 我都会在 |
[2:38:17] | This war is not gonna be over by next Christmas. | 战争在圣诞节前不会结束 |
[2:38:20] | It’s gonna be a long time before we get home… | 还要很久才能回家 |
[2:38:23] | They want you dead. | 他们要我们牺牲 |
[2:38:28] | Or in their lie. | 或相信他们的谎言 |
[2:38:35] | Only one thing a man can do. | 我们只有一个办法 |
[2:38:40] | Find something that’s his. | 找到自己的出路 |
[2:38:45] | Make an island for himself. | 逃到属于自己的小岛 |
[2:39:01] | If I never meet you in this life, | 我这一生若不相信上帝 |
[2:39:05] | Let me feel the lack. | 将会有所缺憾 |
[2:39:16] | A glance from your eyes, and my life will be yours. | 上帝怜悯我 我就属于他 |
[2:40:09] | Somethin’ I can come back to. Some kind of foundation. | 我只期望有一天能回家 |
[2:40:13] | I mean, I don’t know what, you know, what your plans are, but… | 我不知道你有何打算 但… |
[2:40:18] | I’m determined now. I’ve been through the thick and thin of it. | 吃了这么多苦 我已经觉悟 |
[2:40:22] | You know, I may be young, but I’ve lived plenty of life. | 我还年轻 不过经历苦难 |
[2:40:26] | I’m ready to start living it good. | 我准备好好活下去 |
[2:40:28] | You know, my daddy always told me it’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better. | 我爸常说 苦尽甘来 |
[2:40:34] | You know, cos life ain’t supposed to be that hard when you’re young. | 年轻人的日子不应该那么苦 |
[2:40:38] | Well, I figure after this the worst is gonna be gone. | 我猜最苦的已经熬过去了 |
[2:40:43] | It’s time for things to get better. That’s what I want. | 往后会渐入佳境 这是我的愿望 |
[2:40:47] | That’s what’s gonna happen. | 一定能够实现 |
[2:40:50] | I’m getting older now. | 我长大了 |
[2:40:53] | By no means old, but older. | 我变得比较成熟 |
[2:40:57] | Where is it that we were together? | 我们曾经在哪里一起渡过 |
[2:41:03] | Who were you that I lived with? | 你们曾跟我一起生活 |
[2:41:10] | Walked with? | 你们是什么人? |
[2:41:19] | The brother. | 是兄弟 |
[2:41:28] | The friend. | 也是朋友 |
[2:41:56] | Darkness from light. | 黑暗和光明 |
[2:42:00] | Strife from love. | 仇恨和爱 |
[2:42:03] | Are they the workings of one mind? | 全都来自同一个心灵 |
[2:42:07] | The features of the same face? | 拥有同一张脸孔吗? |
[2:42:25] | Oh, my soul, | 我的灵魂 |
[2:42:29] | Let me be in you now. | 让我相信上帝 |
[2:42:37] | Look out through my eyes. | 透过我的双眼观看世界 |
[2:42:41] | Look out at the things you made. | 看着您创造的万物 |
[2:42:48] | All things shining. | 散发生命光辉 |